Speaker 1: I think it's something i'd always heard about. I'm sure like many others. You know, there was a Patterson gimmel On film that I was so interested in when I was little. My dad's part Native, and I grew up around a lot of Shinna Rapahoe relatives and friends and had always heard about Bigfoot as something real. It was a little confusing to me growing up because I knew people who were very normal saying, people who had seen them and had encounters and had history of them and spoke of them just as something completely normal and something real.
Speaker 2: Jody, thanks for joining me on Bigfoot Crossroads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much. It's nice to finally talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked a little bit, not very much, but I think we knew some of the same people and everything. Are you originally from Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: Yes, I originally grew up in western Oklahoma, out in Roger Wills County and Custer County and grew up there, then joined the Army, went to grad school, have lived all over the world. Both traveled around the world both with work and grad school, and army was out in California and Arizona for a while and then moved back to Oklahoma in twenty fifteen, and actually part of why I moved back to Oklahoma, to be honest, was I kept hearing more and more about Bigfoot in Oklahoma and just couldn't resist coming back to my home state and getting involved in, you know, looking for Bigfoot and bigfoot activities here.
Speaker 2: Now, do you remember, like the first time you heard about Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: I think it's something I'd always heard about. I'm sure like many others. You know, there was a Patterson Gimlin film that I was so interested in when I was little. I think at that time I thought it was I didn't think it was real, but I really wanted it to be real. And I just I grew up. My dad's part Native, and I grew up around a lot of shina Rapaho relatives and friends, and had always heard about Bigfoot as something real, just like you know, it was a deer or a coyote, or you know, maybe something a little bit different than an animal or a human like we are. So it was a little confusing to me growing up because I knew people who were very normal saying, people who had seen them and had encounters and had history of them and spoke of them. Just as something completely normal and every day, not not every day, but something real, And then mainstream culture treated it almost like a joke when I was younger, and it was a little hard for me to put those two together.
Speaker 3: I just didn't quite know how to take it.
Speaker 1: I just I've always loved being outside, you know, being out in the woods.
Speaker 3: My family, we grew up on a farm, grew up.
Speaker 1: Going camping, and I've just I've always loved scary things and the idea of scary monsters in the woods.
Speaker 3: So it was something I was just.
Speaker 1: Always very interested in and I really wanted to be real. But I don't think it was until more recently that it started really thinking into me that this might actually be something legitimate.
Speaker 2: Do you remember offhand some of the stories you heard growing up.
Speaker 1: I just I heard a lot of some personal encounters of people that I knew, you know, people I know really well. I have one good friend who was a tribal police officer for in the years, and he had had some sightings himself, his dad had had sightings, other people he knew had sightings. As a police officer, he'd been on several calls out in western Oklahoma for both white and Native families and people you know, seeing Bigfoot and calling it into the tribal police wanting assistance with it. So there were so many stories like that, and then so many stories of places where especially Native people would put out offerings like food for Bigfoot, and it was talked about just as oh, yeah, you know, we gave food to the family down the road, and then we gave food to the Bigfoot family, and just it was it was always spoken of very matter of factly, like you know, it's something important, it's something kind of sacred, but real, like it wasn't a myth. There were just so many stories of people, you know, more white people out in western Oklahoma where I grew up, just saying there's a monkey man in the woods.
Speaker 3: And it was it was stories like that.
Speaker 1: From people that I knew, that I knew they weren't joking, and also stories told kind of cautiously because they didn't want to be made fun of. And it just it was just kind of like this underlying thread for a lot of my life growing up out there, that there is something out there, which I think, you know, western Oklahoma, it's because of the terrain and everything, it's often overlooked. It's not what you think of as Bigfoot territory, but there definitely is something there.
Speaker 2: I was fortunate enough early on in the Bigfoot career to meet some people from that part of the country. Oh wow, Dan and Vicki, and we were really good friends. I consider them family. And they lived in a small community outside of Anta Darko, and they had such amazing stories and it was, like you're saying, kind of just the locals knew about this stuff, and stuff was going on all the time. I didn't know too much at that point. I don't think I had gone farther west than Oklahoma City. That was kind of my cutoff. And I remember the first time going to visit them at their place and driving out there and everything and watching, you know, I'm from Green Country up in Tulsa, and watching it kind of fade away it completely flat and more almost desert like even in some places, and just looking around and thinking like, there's no way, there's just no way that this much Bigfoot activities happening out here. And boy was I wrong. You know, once you get off in it, it's crazy how much stuff there is, all the canyons filled with woods, and I remember driving along the highways and just seeing treetops sticking up above the canyon and just it looks like scrubbrush out there, but once you get in it, it's these huge ravines. And they've seemingly really adapted to the area and the terrain because they're living in and around communities and being encountered on a regular basis to the point where it's not even that big of a deal anymore to a lot of the locals.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think there's still I think it's changed a lot in the last ten to fifteen years, you know, as far as being acceptable to talk about, but I think a lot of people still just are hesitant to say, oh, yeah, I saw something really strange and through my trash last night or early this morning, or I was kayaking down the river and saw these footprints, And I don't know why a giant person with huge feet is walking barefoot around in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 3: They're just I think there's just so much out here.
Speaker 1: And I think if you look at where people live, not just in recent history, but you know, going back native history, you know, thousands of years.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously it's a habitat that can.
Speaker 1: Support large predators, and I think it can support you know, large apes, just like it can support us. And there's so many pockets, like if you look at an aerial you know, Google earth View or something, you look at all that you can trace all the creeks and the rivers, and when you go there, like you said, you realize these aren't just little pockets of trees. Sometimes it's a huge habitat of a deep canyon where you could live for years and years and no one would ever come, No human would ever come there.
Speaker 2: There was an area that I don't know what the real geographic name of it is, but they referred to it as Purgatory and it got, yes, pretty famous for this sort of stuff and has a long history. And that area is still to this day one of the most rugged and wild places I've ever been to. And you wouldn't even know it's there.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And I think that's that's a hidden gem out here. Is there's so many like if you just drive through on I forty, for example, it just looks like the plains. But if you're from here and you know where to go, and you get off the main roads and you get out into the back roads out into the country. You realize there's so many canyons, there's so much habitat out here, there's so much you know, unexpected terrain that I think it really makes it a rich habitat.
Speaker 2: Now, what made you decide to take the plunge and actually go out and start researching this stuff.
Speaker 1: I when I moved back in twenty fifteen, I you know, this was a big part of why I moved back. You know, I moved back for family reasons and you know, wanted to be closer to our family farm. But I was just becoming more and more interested in the thought of could there really be something is this?
Speaker 3: Is this actually real?
Speaker 1: Is there actually a big foot or something like this in my home state? And so I moved back and I started just trying to kind of get into the community, kind of see what was happening. I had no I didn't know anyone else really who was interested in it. So I didn't know where to start. And I heard of a big foot conference in southeast Oklahoma, which, you know, growing up, we mostly for vacation went to Colorado, so you know, occasionally East Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: So it was at that time.
Speaker 1: An unfamiliar area for me. So I just decided to go and see what it was all about. And you know, I went to a couple conferences over in southeast Oklahoma and it was interesting. I think the most interesting part for me were one night they had some people, you know, it was kind of like a fire and they had people just talk about their experiences, and some of them were a little hard to believe, but some of them, you know, I remember one man in particular. He was a Native Man from Concho, which is near where I live now, and I know people who know him, and he had some incredible stories and so I thought, Okay, there's there's something here, and so I went back. I can't remember, I think it was maybe twenty sixteen. I went back to another conference in the fall, and that conference was a little more focused on, I guess, more than mythological aspect, which wasn't something I was terribly interested in. And I still didn't really know anyone, and I was getting a little frustrated because it was it was very heavily focused on, you know, the speakers talking about mind speaking. That's just you know, kind of out of my realm and out out of my area of interest. And so I was thinking, I was a little disappointed and just kind of thinking, Okay, maybe maybe this isn't what I thought it was. Maybe these guys are a bunch of looney bins, Maybe it's not worth my time driving at the way over here. And I was just about to leave and decided to just have lunch before I hit the road, and I got some lunch, walked outside. There were some tables and there were two gentlemen sitting there who had recognized, you know, for being at some of the events, and they invited me to sit.
Speaker 3: Down next to them and start talking.
Speaker 1: And those two people were Marvin Leaper and John Harrow, And to this day, I mean, I count them as two of my best friends and favorite people to go out in the woods with. And so I started talking to Marvin and John, and I think spent the rest of the afternoon talking to him, and they, you know, they just started Marvin, I remember, in particular, just telling me like, look, it's not all like this, you know, this is a real thing. And they started telling me about some of their experiences. And I think for me, it was just the right place at the right time, meeting the right people. Yeah. So for there, I mean, I just really clicked with both of them, you know, still to this day, talk to them often, you know, go out in the woods with them often. I've got some crazy stories from the three of us and other people being out in the woods, being chased out by mountain lions and a mama mountain lion, a cub and all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of things like that.
Speaker 1: But from there, my story just I kind of threw Marvin and John. I ended up joining NAWAC, which fit in well with my background, you know, military background. I was in search and rescue. I was an EMT and it seemed like a good fit at the time. So I was in NAWAC for a few years and then I was getting you know, I've been into area X number of times, both with that group and then on my own, and from there, I you know, that group has changed over times. So now I'm in several other groups. I'm in a group with Brian Brown and Brennan Lynz and a lot of other guys from an AWAC. It's a group called WARG. And then I do a lot with Mike Waldy and Mike White, you know, Marvin and Jerry Heston and John Harrell. We go out a lot in southern Oklahoma. So I think through that first fortunate meeting, you know, with Marvin and John, I've been able to really meet some incredible, incredible people, you know, Chester Moore, Paul Fazynski, and get more into the community, get more involved, find more people to get out in the woods with, and from there, it's just I've never had a solid sighting, but I've I seen some weird things. I've heard some absolutely unexplainable things, had some incredible things happen that if I were to tell someone off the street, they think I was insane, but I know it was real. I know it happened, and I'm absolutely convinced. Now I can't say one hundred percent there's a big fit out there because I haven't seen it, and I think until it sits down with me or I see it very clearly, I'm probably still going to be a little skeptical. But I'm just I'm so convinced now that there is something out there that I'm I'm probably obsessed, you could say obsessed.
Speaker 2: I mean that happens to pretty much everybody that gets involved in this. It seems, you know, that bigfoot fever, the addiction, whatever you want to call it. Maybe it's an adrenaline rush. I don't know. It's weird. I look back and here it is, you know, geez, twenty six, twenty seven years later and I'm still doing it. It's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I've got you know, I've got I mean it. It sounds a little crazy to say that my life revolves around it, but like I've got two of my best friends, Chad and James, Chad Doris who lives here in Oklahoma City, But I talked to Chad and James, Chad Doris and James Ruster a pretty much every day. And then the War Group we have a chat in almost every day we're talking about Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: So I think it's just something. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I think there could be an interesting psychological or sociological study about those of us who get the bug. But I think once you realize there is something there, you just become obsessed with it and you can't get enough of it. Like I was in the woods just last weekend with Mike White and Mike Waldy and I cannot wait to get back, even though it's one hundred and fifty million degrees out. Yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm missing out when I'm not there.
Speaker 1: This afternoon, you know, I'm doing shores at my house and I'm just thinking about my gear and I need to get more batteries for my headlamp.
Speaker 3: Like It's just it gets into your brain to the point.
Speaker 1: That I don't even know how much time out of the day I spend thinking about this and thinking about my next trip out there, and thinking about stories that I've heard. And I don't know why, but it just it really gets its teeth into you.
Speaker 2: So tell me about I don't know if it was a specific moment or maybe a combination of moments that move the needle for you where you realize, like, Okay, there is something out here. Even if you haven't seen a bigfoot. I think people still reach that point where they realize, Okay, well I haven't seen one, but there is something out here and it's not matching anything that's supposed to be here. What was that experience for you?
Speaker 1: I think for me, what laid the groundwork. We're just growing up with so many stories like that. That thought was already there in my mind, and I had become more obsessed with it, you know, early I think it was about twenty sixteen. I was camping with some friends in southeast Oklahoma. This was near Honby, and we'd been out for the weekend. Saw some strange things. Everything was you could have explained it away if.
Speaker 3: You thought about it.
Speaker 1: You know, just weird, but there's probably a logical explanation. And so it was the last morning there and someone had put out a recorder, and of course, like it always happens, the recorder ended before this incident happened. And now, having dealt with you know, audio recorders and videos and cameras, I understand that's just the nature of electronics and batteries. Like you hear that often as an excuse, like my phone quit working. I'm telling you, it happens. It's real. So I was sleeping near two other females, two other women, and there were some guys in tents a ways away from from us, and it was right before dawn, and I woke up, like just I'm once, I'm asleep, I'm a fairly deep sleeper, but I just I woke up.
Speaker 3: Something woke me up, and I heard this whoop.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't just a single whop, it was a series of I don't maybe seven or eight whoops in a row, and it seemed like it was coming. It was coming from the west of where we were sleeping, and it seemed like it was coming from the woodline, and it was it was very clear. I mean, I couldn't believe that it didn't wake up everyone else. And so I sat up and I was just like, what on earth is that sound? And it was it was like nothing I'd ever heard other than in re on podcasts. And so I sat up, and by the time the whoops ended, it occurred to me I should grab my phone and record it. And obviously it was way too you know, it's dark, and I'm fumbling and couldn't even find my phone and couldn't find the buttons, so obviously didn't get it recorded. And I was just wide awake. And then my thought was, it's the guys playing a trick on us. So I'm now convinced that they had some sort of broadcasting equipment, some sort of speakers. They're out in the woodline playing a joke on us. And so I got up and I thought, I'm going to catch these guys, and so I snuck outside and I'm sitting there very quietly convinced that I'm I'm gonna figure out what happened here, and I'm just sitting outside, as you know, is it starting to get light. And then I started watching the guys come out of their tents, and I realized it wasn't any of them, because I can now see all of them. It wasn't that I'm watching them come out of their tents. Were in an area where there weren't other people, and I don't know what that sound was, but it was so clear, and it was so unlike anything I'd ever heard personally myself that I just was like, I've got to find out what this was. So when I got home, I stayed up way too late, listening to every recording I could find of birds and amphibians and toads and frogs and anything I could find recordings of things in that area of Oklahoma, and nothing was similar. And so it was Actually Todd Jurassic had been the person who had a recorder out that night and it ended, you know, unfortunately before this series of whoops, But he did get a recording earlier in the evening of a single boop, and that's exactly what I heard. But what I heard was you know, a number of them in a row. And so I have that recording of just the single boop and I sent it to a good friend of mine who's a primatologist. Didn't tell her what it was. I just sent her the audio file and said what is this And she came back and said it's a given? Like really, and she said, yeah, that's a gibven. Why do you ever recording of a given? And I didn't tell her at the time that I don't think it's a given because that was just last night in Southeast Oklahoma, and I don't think there's any Gibbons running around the woods there. But that was her professional opinion was it was an ape or it was a primate. And then when I listened to recordings the Gibbons, it was pretty similar, So I'm like, okay, and that for me, it just it flipped a switch, like it went from Hey, this is kind of cool, this is something interesting to Nope, there's something out there. I mean, I heard it myself, absolutely, there's something. I'm completely convinced there's something out there. And then just everything I've experienced since then, everything people I know and trust have experienced, have just solidified that even more.
Speaker 2: Have you heard a range of other types of strange vocalizations over the years.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've heard so many things and I start to forget. I've started trying to write down because I think once you're out in the woods enough, it just it's like, oh, yeah, there's another woodlock, wood knock, that's like the two hundred wood knock I've heard, maybe not two hundred, but it just becomes it. And we used to talk about that when we were in Area X. Just after so many wood knocks and you know, rock throws. It's not that it becomes every day, but it just becomes part of your environment. It's like, of course they're doing that. Of course they do that. And so I've heard weird, weird howls. The last I think it was April, I was out with with Chad and Brian and some other people and we heard Brennan Lentz was there and we were just sitting there talking around the fire and heard what was very similar to an Ohio howell, which is the first time I've ever heard that in person, and it's just it's so thrilling to, you know, to have heard recordings of this from other parts of the country and to finally hear it yourself in person, and it's just clear, you know that, you know, I've grown up hearing coyotes. It wasn't a freaking coyote. Yeah, And I've heard mouth pops. I've heard you know, weird like rock crashing sounds, breathing sounds, bizarre growling sounds. I've heard very strange. Actually this was at my house here, almost like a Sierra sound type mumbling. Just so many things that it's like I can tell someone on the street what I heard and they're going to think I'm nuts, but I'm absolutely I know what I heard. And what just makes me more convinced is I've heard so many other people say the exact same thing. Like I had weird breathing sounds one night and Area X, And then I'll listen to a podcast and someone from you know, Pacific Northwest had the exact same thing happen, And I'm like, there's no way we're all making this up. You know, there's no way we're all hearing the same weird things and just dreaming it.
Speaker 2: How you heard the talking what people talk about like something sounding like it's talking and like sort of some unknown language.
Speaker 3: I heard that actually here at my house and I live.
Speaker 1: Just to put it into context, so to make it make a little more sense. I live just a few miles east of Concho, where there have been, you know, a number of fightings. The best sighting I've ever heard of was by someone named Kurt Stanley, and that was just a few miles from where I live, along in a on a pond of farm pond along a creek. So I live in an area that you would drive by and think there's no way, but there's so much history in this area. I'm right near where the Chicken Man of ville Reno was. I'm not too far from Purgatory that you mentioned earlier, the sightings at Stinchcombe. I go kayaking there all the time, so to put it in contacts, I'm literally in the middle of all of that on purpose. That's part of why I bought land here. But one night, it was several years ago, it was in the summer, and I was I live out in the country, and I have horses, and I was working late. I was outside feeding my horses and I was separating my horses to eat so everybody would eat their own food without fighting, and I had been talking to my boss on the phone about a problem at work, and so I was kind of, you know, I'm waiting for the horses to finish eating. So I'm seeing back and forth, and I'm walking from the barn to my house, which is about one hundred feet and then the house out to the road, which is maybe another three hundred feet. So I'm on the phone with my boss, just kind of pacing back and forth. I'm kind of agitated because we had things going on at work, so I was kind of worked up, you know, upset about that. I got off the phone with my boss. I'm still waiting on the horses, and I was just kind of, you know, irritated by what was happening at work.
Speaker 3: So I kept just kind of pacing back and forth.
Speaker 1: And it's after dark, and I'm pacing back and forth and going from the barn to my house, back to the road, back to the house, you know, just back and forth. And as I came around the north side of my house, you know, completely not paying attention, no situational awareness, not paying attention to my surroundings because I'm like, I'm at home.
Speaker 3: There's nothing here.
Speaker 1: I came around the corner and to the south of me, all of a sudden, I hear that just this weird like re all, I mean, just this bizarre sound, and it sounded like talking, but it was so deep, like if I imagine, like if a bear talked like this deep, deep gloom, and it was so bizarre, like it just literally stopped me in my tracks. And immediately after that sound, the dogs from my neighbors farther south just went insane. They started barking and going crazy. So I'm like, Okay, there was something because the dogs heard it, and now they're going nuts. And immediately south to me is a vineyard where they, you know, they have grapes and it was the time of year when the grapes were ripe, so it made sense that there could be some sort of animal, you know, going after the grapes at that time of year. And it was such a weird sound. I didn't immediately recognize what it was. I just knew I'd never heard anything like that before, but it was familiar, like it reminded me of something, and it was just so shocking, and it sounded to me like a very large animal, like with a deep, deep, deep voice. So I was a little concerned, you know, because I'm thinking this it sounded like it didn't sound like a mountain lion because they have more of a high pitched D line voice. Didn't really sound like a bear, and we don't have I mean, there are bear in Oklahoma, but I've never heard of them here. I know we have mountain lions here, but didn't sound like a mountain lion. So I'm just like, it absolutely didn't sound like a human. And I'm like, is that like a three hundred pound raccoon? Is it a hood? Like? It just it It did not sound human. It sounded like an animal. But I'm like, what on earth? And so I thought, I need to know what that is if if it's a predator and it's right near my horses. So I start marching over to the fence line to see what this is. And I got about halfway there and thought, this is stupid because if there's a predator over there, that sounds huge and I'm walking over there, that's pretty stupid. So I turned around and went back in the house and got a rifle and you know, a good headlamp, and went back out a little more cautiously, thinking, you know, if there's a predator. I need to be a little more careful about it. And I went out and looked with the light.
Speaker 3: I never saw anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear it again, but I was a lot more cautious the next few nights, you know, just like, Okay, I know I heard something. It sounded to me like a predator and it was close to my horses. The horses were not acting strange at all. So and I've ridden horses, you know, these horses around mountain lions and bears before and they would react to the sense of a predator, so they were fine. So that made me think, Okay, I I don't know, I don't know what that was. And it wasn't until maybe a few days later it just hit me, like, I know where I heard that sound before. It was that recording was that Ron moorehead the Sierra Sounds. So I googled that, looked it up on the internet, and I'm like, rely, crap, that's exactly what I heard. And then I'm like, but what I heard wasn't long and drawn out. It was just like, you know, a short snip of it. But I'm like that that's why I thought it sounded. I knew I'd never heard that before, but that's why it sounded familiar.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I heard.
Speaker 1: And then I've you know, I've had a number of other friends who've heard the same thing in Southeast Oklahoma, and so I can't say what it was. I didn't see it. I never heard it again. I never saw anything over there. But it was just one more like check box on my list of Okay, that was bizarre. I have no idea what else could make that sound.
Speaker 2: And you were home alone at the time, yes, just laying this all out there, home alone, woman upset outside, talking on the phone, pacing around. I can't believe that you didn't turn around and see a bigfoot standing there. Yeah, there are so many sightings that happened that in that exact circumstance. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think I was just so distracted by you know, the phone call and what was going on at work, that it didn't even it didn't even dawn on me. I wasn't even thinking about pilots or anything. Yeah, you know, so I think, you know, and I have a lot of thoughts about like human behavior out in the woods and how animals and particularly something intelligent like Bigfoot would react to us. I think it would have been for any animal watching me at that point, it would have been obvious that I was distracted. Honestly, probably would have been easy prey because I was not paying attention. So yeah, I mean, it just it was so weird. And the next few nights, it just it just kept like haunting me, like, I don't something was right there. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Now, was that the only thing that you've had happened at your house?
Speaker 1: That's the only thing right here?
Speaker 3: I had a really weird thing happen.
Speaker 1: I think it was maybe the fall after that, it was, we had a fall or spring. I know it was within like a year of that incident, you know. So several years ago, I was volunteering at a Scottish festival in Yukon, and so to get from my house to Yukon, I have to there are many ways to go. The roads are pretty rough, so I have kind of like a weird path of back roads that I take to get there to avoid the worst of the bumps. And so I had driven on this back road that morning to get to the festival. I was at the festival there it was going on into the evening, but I had to go home back to my house. I don't remember if I had to get something or I went home to feed the horses, but I had driven home and went down this road. There was nothing there. It was still daylight at that point. I was at home for I don't know, thirty minutes or so, and I was driving back the same exact road. There. It's a stretch of road where it's one of those areas where there's a lot of trees, like really heavy dense trees, where you can't see into the tree line. It's so dark and there's just one house on this stretch of road. And I had driven it so many times I never thought about it. And I'm driving down the road and at that point I was in my car, so it sat down lower, and I see this big thing in the road and it wasn't there like thirty minutes ago. And so I'm driving into town and there was just this thing. And as I get close to it, I realized it's a dead deer and it was not there thirty minutes ago. And it's still daylight. It was kind of like, you know, maybe a little bit before dusk and the deer was it wasn't a fresh kill, like, it wasn't like someone had been speeding and hit the deer and it died in the road. It looked like it had been eaten partially and it was crumpled, like the leg bones were broken. It was pretty graphic and like you could see like the blood on it was dark like it had been dead a while, you know, and the blood was dried, and it was kind of like the legs were kind of sticking up. And it's a narrow, like one lane dirt road, and so I had to like, I'm in this car and I have to like kind of drive over the side to get around it. And I'm looking out the side passenger window at this at the deer feet, and it was pretty gruesome, and I'm like, just like what the heck? Like that was not there thirty minutes ago, And so I couldn't make I thought maybe a mountain lion had a kill and was moving it for some reason, but it was it was crumpled, I mean, like the legs were broken, and so it was just bizarre.
Speaker 3: And so I went into town and it was.
Speaker 1: Just like, Okay, I don't I have no idea how that got there or what happened. So I'm in town. The festival went on, and as I was driving back home, you know, at this point, it's dark, and I thought I should drive down that road to see if it's still there. And then I thought that's insane. But then I'm like, I have to know, I have to know, and so I did. I drove down that road with the doors locked, windows up, and it was gone.
Speaker 3: So I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: You know, I've heard stories now that bigfoot. I've heard people say they can catch the deer and like smack them against a tree, like catch them by the legs. Could it have been a kill, I don't know, but it was just the most bizarre thing that I've seen right around here.
Speaker 2: Have you seen other strange animal kills like that?
Speaker 1: No, not like that.
Speaker 2: There was a story from around there, and I'll completely butcher it if I tried to give details. But these two kids, I don't remember if they gone swimming or fishing or what the dell was there out wandering around being kids and they saw what they told their parents was a bigfoot, and it was carrying a dead calf over its shoulders, and it looked pretty startled. I don't think it was expecting to run into any humans at the time or whatever. But that was right around that same areas like Beinger and one of the places that I went that was like really really it just had a bad feel to it. It was just the air, the atmosphere was very thick. There was some a power line right away there, and there had been sightings in the area and everything, and we experienced some stuff. But there was a dog with us at the time that was acting very strangely and actually bit somebody that was with us. Yeah, it was pretty pretty strange. Do you find that there's any aggressive stories from that area that you're at.
Speaker 1: I have not heard any, certainly, never experienced any. I know.
Speaker 3: Opposite of that.
Speaker 1: I know, like over in southeast Oklahoma in the area where we go a lot, I've heard stories of older people there talking about, you know, monkey man, and I've heard of older people telling, like, you know, bigfoot researchers, then monkeys won't hurt you.
Speaker 3: So I guess, if anything, I've heard the opposite.
Speaker 1: But then I've also heard warnings from Native friends and relatives saying don't mess with them. Like I had a good friend of mine who I used to go out, you know, bigfooting with, and she was Shanna Rapahoe. She was a rapa ho and she said there was an area where they would put out food for them, and she was always told as a child, like never go near there because they could get you so without I don't know if that was meant literally. I mean, I would think it's certainly possible. I mean, we'd be a good food source, especially historically.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're a predator, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would assume they're omnivorous. You know, you hear so many stories of people going missing, and children going missing, and elderly people going missing. I think it's possible that if you know, a child was lost in the woods and a bigfoot came along, that would be an easy dinner. I mean, it's kind of horrific, but it's possible.
Speaker 2: So earlier you were talking about the people talking about mind speak for instance, and whenever it comes to this subject. I'm very fortunate with what I do now because I just host a podcast and let people come on and talk about stuff. So that's easy for me. I just provide the platform, let them talk, share their experiences, their opinions, all that good stuff. But back whenever I was doing field investigations, it's kind of a different mindset. How do you deal with all the noise, all the difference in opinions and stories and they can do this and they can't do that. How do you kind of keep your blinders on and stay focused? And where do you kind of draw the line at with that stuff? Because you're from an area where there are some amazing and remarkable stories that come from very honest people with multiple witnesses to some of those stories. Do you think personally there's anything beyond our understanding going on or is it just something that has kind of taken on this mystique because we don't really understand it.
Speaker 1: I think the latter, I mean, and that's my opinion. I just I've never I've never experienced anything even remotely like that. I don't know of anyone who has personally, So it's I would say, it's just outside of the realm of my experience and knowledge. You know, if someone I knew well were to tell me that they'd experienced it, I'm not saying I would disbelieve them, but it's just nothing. It's outside of my experience.
Speaker 2: I grew up around Native Americans. I'm not Native American myself. I've had lots of Native American friends still do. There are definitely some things that most of the world would consider supernatural or paranormal, that Native Americans consider very real. Yes, but I never heard them tell any stories about Bigfoot and put Bigfoot in that category. But I did hear a lot of stories about what I would consider a form of habituation, Yes, where the Bigfoot got comfortable around people, especially these smaller Native American communities and stuff, especially around the area of Concho. Did you hear those type stories? I guess specifically, what I'm asking about is the Powow Grounds. I heard a lot of amazing things about the Powow Grounds.
Speaker 1: I've heard many, many stories about like feeding stations not quite the right word, but places locations at certain Pallew grounds where they would put out food for them. I've also heard a number of stories about white families, non Native families, having habituation situations where I know a white couple that lives near Fay where they do what they kind of like gift exchange. I guess like they'll put out marbles or shiny rocks, and I have seen footprints, have heard bizarre vocalizations, whistles. They did have a cow that was found dead that was kind of mangled in a strange way. I didn't see that myself, but had heard the story from them. I've heard of another one. My friend, the tribal police officer, had heard a story from I want to say. It was up near Watonga where there was a white family and he had been there, probably not to get the story quite right. He'd been there to like serve papers and got out of his car and smelled a very you know, bad smell and asked the family about it, and they said, you, basically, that's a bigfoot that lives near us. We you know, we leave it alone. It leaves us alone. And he was like, you guys are crazy, you know, like you're it's like feeding the bear, you know, like you shouldn't do that. Yeah. So yeah, I've definitely heard stories of habituation, both, you know, with native and non native people out here.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on the Casino story. I mean, that's become one of the most famous stories in the bigfoot world.
Speaker 1: I think it's I believe it because I know a man who was a security guard there who said he saw the same thing. He walked out one night he was working and he walked outside, he was a security guard, walked outside to smoke and saw a bigfoot at the dumpster and said he had been told his entire life stories about bigfoot, you know, as a Native person, and just never knew if it was real or not. And he said he stepped outside, he was smoking, looked over, saw this bigfoot that was taller than the dumpster, like quite a bit taller. And he was like, oh my god, they're real. And he said he went in and you know, he became very interested in it. I met him, you know, at a bigfoot event and it's small community out here. I mean a lot of I know people who know him are related to him, so I know he's a good guy. And he said he became very interested. This was after that video supposed you know, was supposedly taken, and so he went to the tribal council at the time and demanded to see it. He said to the tribal member, it's my right, you know, it's this is my heritage. It's my right to see this. And they told him that it had been destroyed, and he said he didn't believe him, but you know, he knew what he saw. So and then Alton Higgins if you know him, he you know, I know him. He and his wife really well. And he had a siding right out here. Kurt Stanley had another siding out at Concho. My friend who I used to, you know, go around with a lot, Lou she's had sightings out there. You know, she's a tribal, tribal member, hundred percent believe it. Hopefully they didn't destroy it because I understand why they would, you know, not wanting a lot of attention, not wanting people running around with guns trying to shoot it. But but I would hope for everyone's sake that they didn't keep a copy of it.
Speaker 2: I heard that they threatened all the employees to stop talking about it. Could be, I mean, you just brought up a story something that'll a lot of people don't understand. Whenever it comes to the casino video. Is it wasn't just a one single event that happened at that casino. There was other sightings at the casino itself besides the footage, and you just talked about another one. So yeah, that's pretty interesting. I understand, uh, you know, the idea of them raiding a dumpster. It still just blows my mind that they their behavior is just so brazen in that part of the country. It's almost like they're used to people. There was some small town out there out that ways that actually had like a town meeting about it because they were coming through the town and like raiding the trash cans at night and almost got to the point of becoming a nuisance and the whole town had like an actual town hall meeting to discuss what to do about.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've heard just east of here, you know, it near Stinchcombe, which Stinchcombe for people not familiar with the area is it's a wetland at the north end of Lake Oberholser, which is now I mean Oklahoma City and Bethany have just grown up around it. And a couple of years ago there was a story of someone who worked at a donut shop right at the northeast corner of Lake Oberholser, right where Stenchcombe feeds into the lake which Stinchcombe comes is fed by the North Canadian River, and there's a donut shop. There's a little drainage ditch that runs from Stenchcombe but kind of into town along thirty ninth. You know, it's actually Route sixty six right there. And supposedly someone at the donut shop early one morning was taken out the trash and sa someone standing there at the dumpster like digging in the dumpster. And at first it sounds crazy because if you're if you're driving there, you're in the middle of the oklahom A city. I mean, you think there's no way. But when you go back there behind that doughnut shop which is still there, and you go look at the dumpster right behind that as a drainage ditch, and if you were hungry and had been living in the woods, which is a pretty densely wooded area around Stinchcombe all the way up the North Canadian River goes straight up near where I live up you know, Fort Concho el Reno, I mean, you could very easily be a large animal and just follow that drainage ditch to a dumpster and smell food and get into it like it. When you start looking at the terrain, you know, from an animal's perspective, it's not that crazy.
Speaker 2: Whatever you go out and research, do you do that locally or do you go to other parts of Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: Mostly I go to Southeast Oklahoma. That's just where myself and most my friends are familiar with. Also Southern Oklahoma also, you know, with Marvin and John and Jerry and Mike. But Southeast Oklahoma is where I go most often. And I think it's just it's a place rich in experiences there because it's I kind of think of it.
Speaker 3: It's almost like fish in a barrel.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's a fic Northwest, Like you could be out for weeks and it's just so vast that there could be one hundred big foot running around and you'd never cross paths with them. I think the really conducive habitat in southeast Oklahoma. You know that part of Arkansas, that region is more condensed, So I think just statistically, your chances of running into something are higher, And I think where we go is probably pretty close to where they live.
Speaker 2: What kind of things are you experiencing when are you go out there?
Speaker 1: It's funny, it's the same things everybody else does. Like there's nothing that is just I don't have any stories that are just incredible that it's the same thing everybody else does, which to me, that is the story that so many people go out there, so many people. You know, we will hear mouth pops at night, will hear wood knocks, will hear howls. There are places that I've gone with. I'm in a hiking group that's based out of Oklahoma City, and I love I love camping over there legitimately anyways, and there's some great hiking areas, but it's also very convenient because there's a lot of Bigfoot activity. So we've been out there in that area hearing you know what sounds like. One night we had something that sounded like a giant rock being thrown against another rock. I mean, it was not a gunshot.
Speaker 3: It came from a direction. There were no people out there.
Speaker 1: We've heard, you know, not just me, but people I've been camping with who were just from the tanking group. We didn't even I had nothing to do with bigfoot, and people the next morning would say there.
Speaker 3: Was a person walking through our camp last night.
Speaker 1: That's happened on several occasions where people just absolutely insist there was a person walking. I'm like, you know, we're almost an hour's drive from Calohena, I mean, like what person would who Okay, who was going to be stupid enough to be in Southeast Oklahoma walking in someone's camp in the middle of the night. I mean, you're going to get faced with a gun. I mean, who's going to be that stupid? Who would be out here? Who would do that? It just doesn't make sense. And that's happened multiple times when I've been there with non bigfoot friends, you know, just camping friends. Who and they've said, you know, one lady one night said she thought some of the guys were going to the bathroom outside her camp, and the next morning she was so angry because she's like, if you have to go after him in the middle of the night, why would you come near my tent? And the guys were like, we didn't get out of our tent last night, and she said she insisted that some person was walking around her tent and she was mad because she thought it was one of the guys. And another time, a guy said he heard a person walking through camp and he was convinced that it was someone else who was stealing our equipment. Who's going to do that? I mean, that's stupid, And so he was about to get up and confront them, and then thought maybe he shouldn't do that, you know, if it was someone who was armed. But the next morning was saying, you know he was when we got up, he was checking the camp because he was convinced that a person had been.
Speaker 3: There stealing our equipment, and nothing was stolen.
Speaker 1: Another time, in the same area, I had a friend was in a tent next to mine, and that was the night.
Speaker 3: I find that a lot of things happen.
Speaker 1: When you go into your tent and turn out the lights and get still, because then I think they think, oh, the coast is clear, we can start coming in to investigat like were their nightly entertainment or something, you know. And so I had laid awake for a while after the whole group went into our tents and were quiet, and I could hear mouthpops coming from both sides of the camp. And that next morning the friend who was in the tent next to mine said he was kind of freaked out, and he said, I think there was a person walking in our camp.
Speaker 3: And again, who's going to do that?
Speaker 1: There's no one near us there, I mean, who would be out here sneaking around doing that? Not that it couldn't happen, But who's that stupid? And then he said they were messing with the zipper, like they were messing with the zipper on his tent, and I'm like, oh, yeah, it's probably a raccoon. And then you know, we've been out there and we've heard very clear woodknocks. I was hiking with, you know, another group of just hikers one night, and I was with a lady and two guys. We were on an I love night hiking and the two guys had gone ahead because they were looking at a rough road and the one guy wanted to see if his jeep could handle that road, so they were walking ahead, and the lady I was hiking with, I think, was a little bit freaked out. So we had stopped. We decided we'll stop and wait for the guys to come back. We won't keep hiking with them. And we were on a decline like the road was going it was a you know, a four wheel drive road was going downhill really steeply right where we were. So we were on the side of a hill and from that same elevation that we were, you know, a distance I'm guessing maybe you know, one hundred feet maybe away from us. We heard this loud crack of a wood knock and it freaked her out, and I'm like, oh, it's just a woodpecker. Yeah, because I want I didn't want her to get scared more to go back to camp. I want to and see what it was. And I asked some birding friends later like could that have been a woodpecker?
Speaker 3: And they laughed at me.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, things like that happen so often out in that area. It's just like when you start adding it all up and you add everybody else's stories up, like, okay, make it make sense. Tell me what that is if it if it's not a person walking through all these remote camps and all these locations, tell me what it is. What else would do that? You know, walkthrows? What else in the woods is going.
Speaker 3: To throw a rock?
Speaker 1: Bears, mountain lions, what else is going to do that?
Speaker 2: So I'm going to put you on the spot here, just want your opinion. But I mean, why aren't we getting them on trail cameras? Why aren't you getting thermal footage of them? I agree with everything you've said, especially the part about them coming in after you turn off the lights and everything and settled down for the night. But that would also imply that they were there watching you to begin with. And clearly they're good at hiding. So why are we having more luck?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I've I mean, I've heard stories like I know another I know two ladies who are primatologists, and one lady has a lot of experience in Africa working with great apes there and had worked with gorillas there, and you know, because I've talked to her about this and she excuse me. Her theory was she has seen gorillas, like where they've put out trail cameras in Gorilla habitat. I don't know if it's ir dot, I don't know, but she said, or if you know, the the lens on our game camera looks like an eye, and maybe that disturbs them. Maybe they they recognize that. I mean, like if you're in your living room and someone puts something in your living room that shouldn't be there you live there, You're going to notice it immediately. So maybe it's just they noticed something strange in their living room in their habitat. But she said in that location in Africa, gorillas would come up from behind the trail camera and rip them off the tree because you know, I don't know if they were angry because they were in dating their territory or what. But to me, I'm like, Okay, so there's some sort of precedent of a Grade eight being aftited by this type of object, this man made object in their territory. Maybe it's that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've named quite a few names that ring a bell with me of incredibly intelligent people that I've been doing this for a really long time, and so amazing things have happened that area x over the years. It's just so bizarre how they just always seem to stay is one step ahead, or how quickly they figure out whenever we're trying to trick them into doing something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, I mean, my opinion is they're just very intelligent. And I think one thing, like with an AWAC, I believe one hundred percent that the apes there recognized our behavior as hunting behavior. They knew we were hunting. I mean, because if you're out deer hunting or you know, sneaking around turkey hunting, your body language is different than if you're just taking through the woods. So I think they're able to recognize like, okay, these human things are up to something, you know, whether they realize we're after them or not, I don't know. But I think any animal, like you know, I have cats and horses and donkeys, and if I behave like a predator, they instantly recognize that. And so I've had the most luck being out in the woods just acting like a dumb camper, like making my presence known, you know, doing loud laughing, telling stories, using lights, and just are usually our intent like when we go out, or my intent sneakly when I'm out with you know camp, you know, hiking groups, is just to make a lot of noise, make our presence known, and hopefully drag something back to camp, like get its attention and bring it back to camp. I just I think they are masters of their environment, and I think they're pretty intelligent.
Speaker 2: So what is your like main goal with all of this. Are you trying to prove the exist to the world or have a siding or what.
Speaker 1: Anymore? I don't I don't know. I believed in the n A w a C Mission, but now I I don't know. I think I would like to see one, just to know for sure for myself, But then anymore, like the more I'm out the more I wonder if we shouldn't maybe just leave them alone, you know, like go out, maybe experience them, maybe see them, and maybe just leave them alone. I don't know, You're in a tough spot.
Speaker 2: That's a tough place to be mentally whenever it comes to this stuff. Yeah, yeah, it's just you know that the researcher unsaid rules, you know, where you can't really commit to certain things and you have to be politically correct in a lot of ways whenever it comes to this as a researcher, and you do eventually at least I did reach a point where it's like, Okay, this is not working. What I'm what I'm doing is just not working. And I seem to have a lot more luck whenever I left all the equipment at home and just yeah, quit trying so hard.
Speaker 1: I think just being out there, I mean, just doing your own thing. I mean you can try and try and try for you know, a week at a time or more and absolutely nothing will happen. And it's to me like the worst case at the end of the week or however long you're out there, is you just had a good time hiking and camping. You're out in the woods, I mean, you're not at a lot like the craziest thing I ever had happen. Probably my best personal story was a time an X where something was breathing outside my tent. And not that I don't think they could be dangerous, but I think, you know, if if something was there and it wanted to kill me, I'd be dead right now. I wouldn't even be here, because absolutely something was right outside my tent. But I don't know. I think once you've experienced that, it's just like I can't get them up.
Speaker 2: Okay. For instance, that goes right into what I just said. So what was outside your tent? Jody?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So this was It was our last night on that particular trip, and I remember Chad and Alton were there. I can't remember who else was there on that trip. It had been we'd had our tents out in front of this cabin that we had, and the last night we were there, it was raining like crazy. So Chad and I each moved our tent under this area called a hooch. It was just like a carport basically. I think Alton was sleeping on the covered porch of the cabin.
Speaker 3: So we had had our.
Speaker 1: Tents out, you know, in an open space, and because of the rain, we'd moved them and so I was under this hooch. My tent was i don't know, maybe six feet away from Chad's tent, and I was at like the northwest corner of camp, closest to like this pond that was there, and we'd gone to bed, and I was so everybody had gone to bed, and I'm laying in the tent, kind of disappointed that not much had happened on that trip, and just you know, not really questioning being there, but just like, okay, it was a good week. I mean, it was finally went higen, you know, had a lot of fun. But nothing happened. And then I heard what I thought was like a snake. It was just this sliding sound, like a snake sliding in the grass. And I was hearing this and didn't think a lot of it, and then it was just kind of getting closer to my tent and I just I'm like, what slides a snake? It's a snake. I'm in my tent. If it's a copperhead, it can't get in, you know. And so I'm listening to this and it's getting closer to me, and I'm like, you know, it's a snake. And then I hear this breathing. And I've heard other people talk about this on podcast and again it's that thing, you know, a million people saying the same thing. There's got to be something to it. And this breathing was kind of like a Darth Vader, just like a I mean, just like this deep, deep, very very slow breathing, like slower than normal normal human breathing. So that freakda. You know, i was starting to freak out a little because I'm like, what the heck is that?
Speaker 2: Where was it coming from?
Speaker 1: Like right outside outside my tent, kind of like northwest of me, like on the ground.
Speaker 3: It was like my level.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so I'm hearing this and at first I'm questioning if I'm really asleep or awake or you know, am I really hearing this? I don't know.
Speaker 3: And as it goes on, I'm like, hu, percent, I'm hearing this and it.
Speaker 1: Was just this deep, super super slow breathing and I'm like, okay, that is absolutely an animal. That's not no human, you know, I mean would be that big to breathe that slow and have such a deep, raspy sound, like it would be a giant human with horrible bronchitis or something. And I'm like, well, a bear, I don't think we'll do that, because a bear would be tearing through camp looking for food. A mountain lion, I don't think would sound like that. A hog would be tearing around making noise. It's too big for a raccoon. So I'm sitting there like, okay, should I be freaking out right now?
Speaker 3: Like I'm kind of freaking.
Speaker 1: Out right now, and and I remember having the thought like, this is why I'm here, this is what I came here for, if that's really what it is. And then I'm thinking it maybe it's just Chad snort. So I kind of I was kind of whisper calling out to what Chad Chad, and I could hear him the opposite direction to me, to the south, kind of snoring in his tent, so I know for a fact it wasn't him. So I'm hearing this raspy sound and finally I'm like, this is freaking insane, stupid, what am I doing? So I turn on my headlamp and I sit up and I'm reaching for my rifle and I'm reaching for the hand good and just like there's something freaking outside my tent, like okay, I've hit my limit, and so I'm scuffling around, got the light on, reaching for you know, weapons, and when I stopped moving and listened again, it was gone. So I have no idea what it was. I've never heard it since. And it's one of those things like when I came home after that trip, I'm like, I'm never freaking going back down there again. That's stupid. That was crazy. And then like the next night, I'm like, well, soon can I get back down there? How can I get that to happen again. I mean, it's just it divides logic. But I yeah, but that was just the one time. I have no idea what it was. You know, there's no known animal that I can think of that would have done that. It wasn't a person, what the heck.
Speaker 2: But other people have experienced very similar things in the backfoot world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when I hear those stories, you know, I think it was maybe a few weeks or months or so after that happened.
Speaker 3: And it's one of those things like you almost push it to the back of your mind, like that couldn't have been real.
Speaker 1: Like if I tell even Bigfoot fronts, They're going to think I'm crazy or they'll think I'm making it up. But then I hear on podcasts people saying almost identical stories, and I'm like, yep, you know that, just that validates it.
Speaker 2: So are there any other unexplained phenomenon or cryptids that you think have some credence?
Speaker 1: The lights, I've a number of times I've seen weird lights I have, you know, with other people. I have no idea what they are in my mind my opinion, there's probably some logical explanation. I've seen them. I don't know what they are, but that's the only other thing I've experienced.
Speaker 2: Have any of those been seen a area X?
Speaker 1: Yes, and we were told not to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just.
Speaker 1: Because it's something unknown, not that big, but aren't unknown. But maybe we don't want people to negate the evidence that is.
Speaker 2: Out there, so we just withhold transparency. Yeah, I mean, okay, I'm not saying I'm going to I'm going to use the O word orbs. I'm not saying orbs are connected to Bigfoot. I don't know if they are not. I think that Bigfoot has been saying for a very long time and talked about in different ways all over the world, and I think the same thing. It's true about orbs. It just kind of I don't know, It's just one of those things I disagree with whenever it comes to researchers slash investigators, slash whatever. I mean, if you're really trying to be by the book and be scientific, you need to report all your observations. Whether they fit in the box or not. It doesn't matter. Like it's just kind of weird. I mean a lot of organizations have been like that over the years, though it wasn't until the disclosure stuff happened that, you know, Matt Moneymaker finally came out and was like, oh, yeah, we've been seeing orbs all the time over the years. Well, okay, why didn't you mention that. I don't know, it's just such a weird phenomenon. I have a best friend that has seen some kind of strange light in southeastern Oklahoma, so apparently it's a pretty common occurrence down there for some reason. I don't know if it's you know, the quartz in the ground, or if there's some sort of connection geologically that causes the phenomenon, whatever it is. I don't have any explanation either, but it's just interesting that so many bigfoot researchers and enthusiasts have seen these lights seen them.
Speaker 1: I've been multiple trips, multiple places, different people idea what they are, no idea, but that goes I mean, those stories go back so long. I mean, like, you know, I have a friend's dad who's he's passed now, but he said, you know, he grew up in Poto and as a little boy, their entertainment sometimes was to drive out in the country and certain areas and look at the spook lights.
Speaker 2: It's crezy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it wasn't It was just a phenomenon. I mean, they didn't know what it was. They weren't even thinking about bigfoot or ghosts or anything. It was just like, well look at this cool spook light. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never heard it connected to anything. It was its own category, and then it seemed to get connected to I think it's I've talked about this a little bit before. Whatever you're out there looking for, that's what you connect them to.
Speaker 1: I love spooky stuff, you know, all the TV shows, you know, YouTube videos. I mean, I love stuff like that. I don't have to have it be real to think it's fun, you know. But to me, Bigfoot is I mean, I think I think eventually people will look back on us and just think it's silly that we didn't know. I mean, just like people used to make fun of people who said they saw a big, giant, white and black bear in the mountains of China, and now everybody knows about pandas. I think it's something you know, in the future, hopefully eventually we'll be known. You know, you asked earlier about, you know, how to kind of deal with people who have different beliefs, you know, about the mind speaking stuff like that. And I think, you know, the Bigfoot community is really so small that, you know, even if I don't totally agree with somebody's opinions, it's just the opportunity to talk to someone else about the subject is valuable. I mean, whether we completely have the same opinions or not. It's just I think that there's a lot of benefit in just supporting the community as a whole.
Speaker 2: I mean, why do we have to have the same opinions on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: If we talked about stuff outside of Bigfoot with one another, I think we had learned very quickly that a lot of our opinions are different. So yeah, yeah, I never really I guess I got into the fights, you know, the online flame wars back in the day and everything over it. But then I kind of got older and realized that, Okay, well I don't really know anything either, So who am I to tell somebody else they're wrong? I can only talk about what I've experienced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who I mean? None of us know, I mean, or maybe some people do and we don't realize it. But yeah, but I think there's just, you know, statistically, there's so few of us.
Speaker 3: Who are you, I know, this passionate about it.
Speaker 1: We need to support each other when we can.
Speaker 2: If you've had your own encounter with Bigfoot, dog Man or something else you can't explain, like to share your story on the podcast, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods,