Speaker 1: Did you guys check your rain gauge?
Speaker 2: Is that where you measure how much rain's happened in Dallas? Fourth, I left mine at the farm I used to live at.
Speaker 3: So we did have one in crandall growing up. But no, I do not have one now I have one.
Speaker 1: I think that's a country person.
Speaker 2: It is a country thing, right. Is it like a like a little vial that has a measurement on it. Maybe there's a fancy bird on it or something for decor purposes. It's the same thing they do to collect specimens. Okay, Yeah, So you're supposed to go out there and have your way with that.
Speaker 4: If you want to ride your neighbors that you have more rain although you have had some massive rain.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm a rich guy from the city. So I just go and I look at what the pool level is against my tile. That's how I see but the rain. Yeah, and then I and then I and then I eat my caviar for breakfast.
Speaker 1: You usually don't know what I probably know.
Speaker 2: I look out sign like it's raining, it's not raining. It did rain or didn't rain?
Speaker 4: It rained for like twenty four hours. Will you guys didn't like, go, wow, this is an abnormal rain. I wonder how much rain was No I did. I'll tell you mine. I tell you my damn experience I had.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I drove home last night, and I think driving home last night, that was the worst weather condition I've ever personally driven it. I couldn't see. I couldn't see like every time. I mean, cars were when we turned on one twenty one, there were several cars that were sideways like it was. I'm not exaggerating. And I said this to my wife last night, and she was texting my daughter was homegoing, Oh my god, are you guys going to make it home? Like it was the worst driving condition I've ever driven in, aside from like mountain ice. Okay, Christina, you know what I was saying, Well, it was raining because I'm a dad.
Speaker 5: Oh we needed.
Speaker 1: This, we needed this. Oh yeah we did. We needed this.
Speaker 3: We really needed this so much. But and the thunderstorms were bad. Later on we lost power twice.
Speaker 1: You lost power? Wow. Yeah, that name was pretty intense. But y'all, I don't have a rain if that's what the question is.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have a rain gauge. They don't live on a farm. Yeah, but the ever, Dad should have a rain gauge. Let's be honest, put that thing up on your fence. Go out and see. I'm how we got this much today? All right, I'm very interest.
Speaker 2: I'm very interested everybody that lives in a community that has a public library. What percentage of those people have rain gauges at their homes?
Speaker 5: Love public libraries?
Speaker 1: Did you guys have money? Crandall? Yeah, yeah, oh did you really?
Speaker 3: But I also have one literally a block over in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now nowadays the public library maybe not, but growing up.
Speaker 5: Huh no, nowadays, yes, God, go to the library. You save so much money.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm saying they're going away though.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're going whoa, Yeah, you know why because they don't pay the librarians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I have a bad bit.
Speaker 4: You don't want to like I want to go and maybe have a career as a librarian.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like naughty librarians. Hey, when have you seen some recently? I've seen them online all the time.
Speaker 2: Apparently they're they're if they're not really at the library as much as they are on the internet. How a librarians evolving in the New world? Because we met, like had a twenty something year old librarian major at a school that costs like, I don't know, fifty grand a semester.
Speaker 1: God, you know how hard it would be to write that check? Yeah, didn't we just assume that she was born rich or something like?
Speaker 4: Because I swear it like dying to be a librarian if you have to, you know, fin for yourself and pay bills and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, honey, you can't do anything with that career without getting your master's degree. After that, I'm studying the Dewey decimal system. It's a one million dollar education.
Speaker 5: I'm also sorry, can you Well?
Speaker 3: They have like self checkout things at the library, just like at the story, so I always feel guilty when I go check out the book. I go to the machine or whatever and look to them.
Speaker 4: You can guys talk tolay. Maybe one of them is kind of got a walk eye. It's great love the library. Can you think you can fix walk guys?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the drill.
Speaker 4: Theory and that's terrible. I just want to report that I got six inches. Oh that's a new record for you. Most have had a long time.
Speaker 1: Normally a two inch guy. Yeah, did you get real worked up?
Speaker 4: Six hitches did not cost two fifty weirdly inflation yep, and the intro can.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and go now, oh.
Speaker 7: God, let's get.
Speaker 1: Start time modes right now, you're ready.
Speaker 6: Right right right or right time to do one quick quick qui e fan win, I'll show you're gonna ruling it, dixcept with a similar sweet pursuing it huddled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get craddic shows adding up multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Two end zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 8: I'm hang out with my friends and rocket on the radio. My noise, it's talk getting on the radio. Eight time, Oh baby, baby, got all the radio.
Speaker 2: Is anybody here familiar with walk law. I don't think i've ever heard the term. Well, i'd never heard the term bird law until I watched Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then I realized bird law is the thing.
Speaker 1: It's been around for. I read yesterday too.
Speaker 4: I was reading something about there's some egrets in a Fort Worth neighborhood that are pooping everywhere. Can't kill them. You can harass them unless they have nested, but you can harass them. You were right on this when you had the barn swallows all those years years Noweah, you were correct. I'll spent a lot of time in Barnes that was nuts. When that I mean, and that's nineteen eighteen is when bird law started.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling all those laws will be repealed because they're too regulatory. By the way, I know people that get out with those with like guns with those little water pellets in them and shoot those barn swallows.
Speaker 1: Which is illegal. It's illegal. But who was actually going to enforce bird law? Doctor Larry Bird?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, walk law. This happened to me today. I decided I was going to go for a walk.
Speaker 1: Huh okay. I think it's a healthy thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's you know, it's I never really think of walking as good exercise. It just because it just doesn't create like but it's apparently really good for you if you do it a lot. So I was like, I'm gonna go for a big walk around the neighborhood. It's gonna go out and listen to some podcasts. Do that sort of thing. And so I had my earphones in and I'm walking, and I walked over to this park that's kind of near where I live in light Farms. It's where our kids would play youth baseball and stuff. And I didn't see a soul out there. I didn't see anybody, okay, And I'm kind of walking around, walking around, and I'm very conscious of spacing, like my wife is unaware of spacing. Like if we, if you couples walk, you need to both be aware of couples spacing and that thing works dynamically as you move around. And so if like, if you're I usually walk on the right side of the sidewalk like it's a road in America and let the other people on coming come on my left or they're.
Speaker 1: Right, and when they don't, you say where are you from?
Speaker 2: And my wife, if my wife and I are walking on the right side, she might just wander over into the middle or onto the left side, forcing someone to make a decision.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you want. Do you want me to go through you guys like you're a field goal? Do you know who understands that less than anybody is dogs? Right? O? God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife is unaware of couples spacing and how it works.
Speaker 1: Right, I speed up and get in front. I do that too, Say come just get in front so you can single file.
Speaker 2: We're going to single file here as a salute to you, to give you more space because we understand spacing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pass on the left and get back on the right.
Speaker 2: Whence you passed, you pass your mate and you get in front of them, and now you're single file. And then they passed you, they try to pass you. If they try to pass you too, now you're double w faster and you have them crash into a person. Sometimes you can't go double bind. There's not enough spacing there. It's inconsiderate to do it, you know. But I think my wife just expects people to stop and stop what they're doing and then step to the side let her move through, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know what she's thinking, but I'm hyper aware of spacing these situations. So when I got out there to the sidewalk this path at this park, I'm looking around and I don't see a soul out there, So I'm just walking on the right side of that sidewalk. But again, I don't often have those ear pods in Okay, So I'm listening to a podcast and what's.
Speaker 1: Rogan up to.
Speaker 2: I'm walking around and basically at the last minute.
Speaker 1: I hear.
Speaker 2: On the right and a bald guy speed walks past me. He's kind of lightly jogging and he had the whole side of the left to me to do, but he didn't want it. He wanted to squeeze through the tiny spot between me and the edge of the sidewalk on the right.
Speaker 1: Were you so you were kind of on the right. I was on the right.
Speaker 2: I wasn't all the way where I was stepping on the edge of the sidewalk, but I was right.
Speaker 1: Did you hip check him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I was like, this is incredibly odd. I don't know what the walking rules are. Like, I know, if there's a cyclist they come running up, they ring their bell and they're like, I'm passing you on the left or past you on the right or whatever that is. But when I got there, there was no one that I didn't see a soul. Then I got lost in the podcast and he decided to Jimmy passed me at a high speed.
Speaker 1: Were you kind of more in the middle than you thought.
Speaker 2: Uh, I mean I wasn't hard right, but I definitely wasn't on the left side of the sidewalk, big big walking path you were.
Speaker 1: I was in the middle of the right side. Yeah, okay, right by the whole left, left, right side.
Speaker 2: The whole left side was open, The whole left side was open.
Speaker 1: How big is this sidewalk. It's huge. It's a giant like at a park.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, it's a massive And so like, why did he choose to why did he choose to go on the right too?
Speaker 1: I mean he almost ran into me.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know this because I haven't speed walked in a long time. But there is a very specific stride. Okay, it was kind of like in the Olympics. It was a very important stride. And I think because you were so lost in what Rogan was doing, I think you were more left right than right right.
Speaker 1: It is the best podcast in the world.
Speaker 2: And so he was thinking, Okay, man, this is going to change my stride if I have to go further left around him than I anticipated. Well, because so I think I have to squeeze through here because it's best for my stride, because I'm a little bald guy.
Speaker 1: I'll have you know. He was yogging. Yep, okay, yeah, technically he was jogging.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's what. So he zipped through the rights on the right. He's kind of irritated. It's he squeezed through that tiny little hole there. I'm like, dude, there's there's a giant hole for you to run through on the left. You're choosing the smallest hole in the offensive line to squeeze through and squeak through. And so as he raced by me in such a hurry, they had to rush by me and make a big scene about how I wasn't you know. He was sending me a message that I was a two into my headphones and I wasn't didn't clear a space from I don't know what the walk law is. But as he zipped by me, he ran for another fifteen yards and then stopped running.
Speaker 1: Dude, he was he he's in the middle of his crescendo.
Speaker 2: He only ran so he could have that near altercation with me.
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: But do you know what he was doing behind you? No?
Speaker 2: Like was he In other words, he may be one of these guys. It's like, okay, I gotta do this pace for a certain amount of time, and then I stopped.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: And I also think that probably been is why he panicked, because he was like, I'm getting to the it's.
Speaker 1: Getting to the end. I can't screw this up.
Speaker 2: And this guy's more left right than he thinks he is, and he's listening to Rogain God, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Squeeze do here.
Speaker 2: And then he got to his Crescendo's like, see he was all worked up emotionally.
Speaker 1: You jammed up his intervals. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But my instinct is if if that would have if I would have, if he would have made contact, I would have gone full instinctive forearm shire no, yeah, and Nick, because it would have I would have known what to make of it. You know, I didn't have any audio of what was happening around me. Was there a body of water to shove him in?
Speaker 1: But like, what is that? You can't just do that? Right? Have you ever done that? Christina?
Speaker 2: I have ever just buzzed the tower like that and just were sprinted past somebody on your right.
Speaker 5: I don't sprint. That's really funny.
Speaker 1: No, you're the fastest walker in our group by yeah.
Speaker 5: No, So Mike and I walk quite a bit.
Speaker 3: But no, you were talking about your spacing rules and everything, and I agree with all of those, and I do think it's weird that the guy, I don't know, I've never had that happen, Like if there's a runner behind us, they just go around us. They've never actually done that before. They've never yelled at us, I think a biker.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think we need to see video of what happened, because I think you're more center right than you think. I think if you were to see the video, it would be very much like top Gun when the guy buzzed the tower. He did it so I'd spill my coffee on myself. Okay, turn around and look at this guy. Okay, look at how they're walking. That one guy is staying so hard right, he's walking in thick grass, while the other guy.
Speaker 5: Like he Maybe that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Then maybe you were like kind of drifting over to the left to the right and he didn't know what you were gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's fair to say. But I'm telling you this was almost as big as a road. Yeah, the path, it's a giant. I would say this, I would say the path is so big, it's double sidewalk big, at least maybe two and a half times the size of a sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Do we have security cameras? No, I don't think so. I could reach out to the prosper police. Let's get it, let's see we get it.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 4: I do think the speedwalk should be incorporated into our February Olympics. Bet. Okay, you have to speed walk to the break room, and you have to do a random favors that all of us ask you to do.
Speaker 1: Anyways, who was in the right me or him?
Speaker 6: Him?
Speaker 1: I'm a video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're guilty of something that you're not aware of.
Speaker 1: I should have forearm checked him down.
Speaker 2: It is gold Man. Don't run up on me, bitch. Okay, there you have it. There's walk law talk coming up next. Where are you gonna take us, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things happening, including fire aid happening tonight. There's some breaking news on that. No, we have music trivia happening tonight at Rollertown, And I've got the perfect primer for all of these things.
Speaker 1: Next,