Speaker 1: Some new incredibly disturbing reporting from the New York Times detailing how detainees have been treated by the Trump regime's Immigration Customs Enforcement Agency. And when you read it, it's abusive, violent treatment, months in detention, moved from facility to facility to thwart the ability of these detainees to be able to find some legal recourse. Beaten by agents. deporting plane loads of deportees to third countries with which they have zero connection, like Liberia and Equatorial Guinea. When they're released in these third countries, they are put into the custody with armed guards watching them, so they're really not even free in these places that they are going. Some other incredibly horrific accounting of psychological torture from ICE officials while here on United States soil... tying up pregnant women, their hands and ankles tied together like cattle. Psychological warfare, moving more than six times, eight months in detention, moving from facility to facility, kept in detention centers with 50 people sharing one toilet, being held for days in cold rooms called the freezer.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the type of stories that we are reading.
Speaker 1: And this is the norm, people. This is the norm for detainees. when they are being processed like animals by ICE. And there is a congresswoman who is facing criminal prosecution by the Trump DOJ, having been weaponized because why not scare into silence members of Congress by prosecuting them for doing their jobs? Think about how powerful it is. The chilling effect on members of Congress, Republicans and Democrats, let's be clear, who would speak out, who would go and do oversight, which is their legal and official responsibility to do, but they're not doing it because they are seeing one lone member of Congress, LaMonica McIver, being prosecuted for doing her job. And when I tell you that she saw before it was en vogue, for people to see the horrors of these detention facilities. She saw what was going on at Delaney Hall in May of 2025, and she went with two of her colleagues from the Congress to go and conduct oversight. Her legal responsibility, her official responsibility.
Speaker 2: She went and she did it.
Speaker 1: And for that, she's being punished because of a vengeful, vindictive Trump administration. that doesn't hesitate to weaponize its Department of Justice to silence critics and opponents, especially women of color.
Speaker 2: I want you to think about this.
Speaker 1: Congresswoman McIver is pregnant with her second child. In just a few months, she will be out on maternity leave. She is battling the, what I call, most powerful law firm in the world, the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: She has a young child at home, a little.
Speaker 1: Girl, And I can't imagine the stress. You want to talk about psychological torture? That's what they're trying to exact on Congresswoman McIver. And yet, what does she do? She gets up every day and she goes and she does her job. And she does it well. And that must piss off the Trump administration. It must make them so mad that she's not hiding in the corner, cowering out of fear. She is standing up, speaking out, and doing her damn job every single day. And again, for that This DOJ is unrelenting. The trial court judge and federal court presiding over her criminal case denied her motion to dismiss. She appealed to the Third Circuit. She just got a ruling last week and a split vote. And unfortunately, her prosecution continues. So the prospect, the specter of a jury trial is now looming for Congresswoman McIver. But there is no alternative, right? Because the truth The truth is on her side. We saw what happened outside of Delaney Hall in May of 2025. We saw the chaos, the confusion, the calamity, the crowd, the shoving that was happening, not by the congresswoman, but by CBP, ICE, and other federal agents.
Speaker 2: It was chaos.
Speaker 1: And in the midst of that chaos, how in the world does the Trump administration say, that she assaulted federal officers. What I find to be incredibly remarkable is if Congresswoman McIver was such a threat, such a threat to these federal agents, why then take her on a guided escorted tour of Delaney Hall for two and a half hours after she allegedly assaulted federal officers? Why?
Speaker 2: Because she didn't do anything wrong in the first instance. Why?
Speaker 1: Because this administration is full of shit. And that's a legal concept. What a waste of time, energy, resources, money to prosecute a sitting member of Congress. And no, it's not a coincidence that she's a Democrat. And no, it's not a coincidence that she's Black and female. That is the defendant du jour of this particular Trump DOJ. This will all come back to blow up in their faces. But in the meantime, Congresswoman LaMonica McIver forges ahead, kicking ass, taking names, and doing her job exceptionally well. Because that's all she's ever known, and that's all she will continue to do. I invited her to sit down to talk about the latest of her case, but to focus on what she focuses on, which are the people, Americans, detainees. And why it's so critically, critically important to stay the course, even when the headwinds are strong and even when it seems like the deck is stacked against you.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 1: Joining me now for an incredibly important update and conversation is Congresswoman LaMonica McIver, representing New Jersey's 10th congressional district.
Speaker 2: Congresswoman, it's good to see you.
Speaker 1: I always wish you and I could have conversations under better circumstances, but you and I are realists, right? So we got to face the realities of what's going on here. The latest update being that the Third Circuit Court of Appeals declining to dismiss the indictment against you, three pending charges, two were upheld in terms of the denial of your motion to dismiss from the trial court level, and then a third being sent back for some more factual and kind of other like legal developments. But clearly not something you wanted to get from the Third Circuit.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Well, first of all, it's good to see you, Katie. It's always good to be on with you to chat. I mean, definitely the opinion was not what we expected. It's not what I hoped and prayed for, obviously. And it's just honestly exhausting that this is still going on. It feels like it's been 20 years of battling this, but it's been over a year of dealing with this. And it's just unfortunate and just crazy that This is the focus of the Department of Justice right now, what they're focused on, literally trying to send me to jail for 17 years. And so definitely, you know, just just unbelievable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, look, I read and I hear the exposure in this case, 17 years in prison for you doing your job, conducting congressional oversight over a detention facility, which you are legally allowed.
Speaker 2: To do, despite what the Trump administration would like to say.
Speaker 1: You know, Congresswoman, I'm going to speak bluntly, as I always do, you are pregnant with your second child.
Speaker 2: You are due imminently.
Speaker 1: You have a child at home who is young. I mean, I want people to understand that this is obviously something that weighs heavily on you as you continue to do your duties as a representative of your district.
Speaker 2: But I mean, this has got to weigh on you so heavily.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I mean, it's tiring, right? It's like I said, the only thing I can say to describe it is it's exhausting and it's disheartening to know that I'm being prosecuted for doing my job and having to raise the dollars, having to, you know, meet with lawyers all the time, fight this case for over a year now while being a mom, which Katie, you know, that's a taxing job by itself, you know, and then expecting the child as well. It's just, it's really, really just crazy. to be dealing with all of this. But at the same time, my joy is still intact, Katie. I'm still working, still doing my job, still serving the people of the 10th. We've had a successful, you know, a year in district, bringing back dollars to the district and standing up and fighting for the people that I represent despite all of it. And I'm sure that's not what this administration wanted me to do to keep flying high and keep keeping my head up, you know, through all of this, but I am, and I'm going to continue to do so and continue to fight and protect the people that, you know, God has assigned to me to protect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're being humble here. I want to make sure people understand the numbers. Over $ 10 million you have brought back to your district, despite everything that the administration is throwing at you, including these outrageous criminal charges. More than $ 10 million you have brought back to your district for community projects. If this administration... worked half as hard as you to be able to deliver for the American people. I mean, gosh, we'd get a lot more done, but the reality is the weapon of the Department of Justice has now been well documented.
Speaker 2: It has been well seen by even a layperson, right? You don't have to be a.
Speaker 1: Lawyer to see what is happening here, number one. this administration targeting Black women, especially Black women in power, you, Tish James, Lisa Cook, and others. Number one, but number two, you remain the only member of Congress who is being prosecuted by Trump's DOJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, crazy. But at the same time, their agenda is never about helping the American people. It is about cruelty, chaos, and getting back at anyone who does not agree with them. They're critics. And this is what they've really been focused on. I mean, if they focused, if they put all the energy in prosecuting me and to helping the American people, we would have free health care. Literally, things would be affordable. There would be more housing. I mean, you name it. We can go on and on. But literally, they're truly focused on cruelty. And that is why there's such an emphasis on hurting Black and brown people, especially Black and brown women. I mean, from literally the cuts and rollbacks of maternal health care, more Black women are You know, giving birth from 300,000 plus Black women being driven out of the federal workforce to the individual attacks that you've mentioned already. It's horrible. But also even down to immigration, right? Immigration is a part of their, you know, desire, their racial racist desires. And this is why they're so focused on Black and brown immigrants. And while you go to these detention centers and that's all you see there is Black and brown immigrants there, right? who are, most of them are here legally, by the way. And it is just awful to, you know, know that they're doing this, that they're, you know, implementing cruelty laws. on people and your tax dollars are paying for this. Like this is not a freebie of cruelty. This is cruelty that is being sponsored by the American people. Delaney Hall itself, Katie, has a $ 2 billion contract with the government. Just imagine what that can pay for to literally do this. You know, it's awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to talk about some of these immigration issues in a second, but I want to focus on something as well, which is affordability has recently become kind of a big catch word in a lot of the stuff leading up to November. But affordability and an understanding of what the regular population Working class American needs has been your focus even before you came to Congress.
Speaker 2: And I think people need to know this.
Speaker 1: That is not only been a hallmark of your time as a freshman in Congress, one of the youngest members in Congress coming out of especially your district. But that's been your hallmark, this idea of affordability and the understanding that everyday working Americans need an administration and a government that understands why it's there in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I came to Congress, to be honest with you. I mean, starting off at the local level, you know, Katie, you know, I served on the city council here in the city of Newark for two terms. And you really get to understand locally when you are literally boots on the ground, what people are battling from high rent prices to groceries, to healthcare, to childcare, expenses. These are things that are impacting people every day. And even now as a Congresswoman with 18 cities now, I hear that from place to place of just how hard it is to survive, to wake up every day. You have career people with degrees who are working two to three jobs every just to make ends meet. And that is literally where, why I came to Congress to get more out of the federal government for people. And literally I find myself just one trying to keep myself out of jail for 17 years, but also, you know, keeping the things that we had, the crumbs that we have, that they're trying to snatch away. That wasn't enough in the first place. So it's, it's just disheartening to know that the American people are struggling and we have a president who An administration that's focused on everything else except for making Americans' lives better and affordable for them.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about immigration. You've mentioned it so far. You mentioned Delaney Hall. That obviously is the epicenter of the federal charges that you're facing. One thing that I think that doesn't get reported enough and I think is important to underscore right now, Congresswoman, is this. When you went to Delaney Hall, this was in May of 2025. We sit here, obviously more than a year later, and you've been suffering under these ridiculous charges. But a lot of people knew something was wrong with immigration last year.
Speaker 2: And they saw it.
Speaker 1: But I really feel like 2026 is when people started to really pay attention when we saw these huge immigration, you know, enforcement surges happening in different cities. And then we saw the deaths of the murders of people like Renee Nicole Goode and Alex Pratt in the streets. But the stuff that's happening in the streets is one thing. It's the stuff happening behind the walls of these detention facilities that we don't get to see because there's no transparency from this government. You are, are literally the tip of spear going out to Delaney in May of 2025.
Speaker 2: With two of your colleagues from Congress.
Speaker 1: And when you're there, you are able to see firsthand, and this is back in May, this is before they even got their big bullshit bill funding and even got even more money to be able to do this. Tell the people what you saw in the two and a half hours you were inside Delaney Hall even last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, once again, it's crazy to think that was 2025, right? Literally, it was just a couple of months after Trump was sworn into office. And Delaney Hall, which Katie, a lot of people don't know, it was one of the first huge detention centers to open up underneath Trump 2.0. And when we went there, awful. Conditions were awful. No access to food. The place literally looked like an empty warehouse, even though it operated as a halfway house, they called them here in the city years ago. But I mean, the phones were not working. At that point, we spoke to detainees who told us that they did not get access to medical care. They had been there for a couple of weeks and literally had not had their regular medication. I mean, people telling us, hey, I'm going to approve student visa. I'm going to approve a work permit. I don't know why I'm here. Like my paperwork is active. Literally no access to a lawyer, no access to court. This those were the things that we were hearing at the time in Delaney in May of twenty twenty five. And since then, it has escalated even more out of this facility from them having a riot there, from detainees escaping because they were not being fed, to literally at this point, we're at three deaths there, Katie, folks who have died from not getting medical attention there. Two pregnant women miscarried at this location because they denied them access of OBGYN care. Multiple detainees reporting sexual assaults. literally reporting abuses, retaliation, and once again, still moldy food, still no access to medical care. These are things that we're still hearing to this day. And I look at all of the things that have happened since May 2025, and it makes me kind of angry at the same time because it's like, I warned everyone May 2025 that this is what is happening at a place like Delaney. And even my other two colleagues who were with me that day Literally, we've been saying since day one, before it became popular.
Speaker 2: Katie, that- That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They need to be abolished. These detention centers should not be open. Funding cruelty. And literally, I've said that for over a year. And it's like, now that everyone gets the opportunity to go to these places, see what's happening, other deaths happening across the country, them murdering people in broad daylight in the middle of the street, causing havoc and chaos on the American people. Now it's like, oh yeah, this is really- Yeah, it's been effed up. It's just that I had to be the first one along with my two colleagues that day to experience it. And now I'm paying the price for, you know, uncovering this cruelty. That's why they try. That's why they're trying to criminalize oversight and do this to me. Because they want to continue to operate in the dark. And that is why oversight is so important. And we try to explain this to the American people. And even I try to explain this to other members of Congress. This is what this is our job. This is what we should be doing, because literally we get to uncover the cruelty that is happening at these places. And that's why unannounced visits are so important to Katie, because you get to see these places in real time. They don't get to clean up and scrub up for you to come and give you a shiny visit. I want to see what detainees are going through each and every day. And that's why we showed up to Delaney in the first place last May to do that, to see what was happening to people under our watch and underneath the American people's watch. And the American people deserve to know what is happening and what they're paying for. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what does it say that the Trump administration still doesn't want members of Congress to go in trying to throw up all these BS restrictions to access?
Speaker 2: And I want to underscore this.
Speaker 1: It is your job. It is your job as a member of Congress to conduct oversight. And oversight includes physically going. I mean, people think, well, you're supposed to just stay in D.C. You're supposed to stay in the Capitol and never go. You're going to go to where the issues are happening. It is your job to go and conduct oversight. If you didn't go, I'd be mad. I'd be mad as somebody who's in your jurisdiction, a constituent saying, what the hell are you doing? Why are you not making sure that things are going right by these people or they're doing their jobs the way you're supposed to do it?
Speaker 2: The numbers are appalling.
Speaker 1: And the 500 days since Trump was inaugurated on January 20th, 2025, until early June, at least 52 people have died. Those are just the numbers that we can actually get official, right? ICE has admitted that 52 people have died in ICE custody. And yet when you were back there in May of 2025, and by the way, footnote, and you don't even have to respond to this, if you were such a physical threat of harm to anybody, I don't know why they let you hang out there for two and a half hours inside that facility.
Speaker 3: Makes you kind of wonder. And took me on a tour after that.
Speaker 2: Take you on a guided tour.
Speaker 1: If you're such a threat physically, people are in fear of their safety. Not sure why they let you hang out there for an additional two and a half hours, but we'll deal with that when time comes. But now the New York Times yesterday with some more reporting about deporting people to third countries they don't even have any association to, Liberia, Equatorial Guinea, but then saying That is psychological warfare, moving these detainees from place to place. One guy was moved in eight months to six different places. Deportees reporting they're constantly moved, kept in detention centers where up to 50 people share a single toilet, held in painfully cold room without beds called the freezer, tying up pregnant women with their hands and ankles like cattle. And that is the stuff that you are trying to expose that this administration is doing now. And instead of changing their ways, they weaponize the Department of Justice and they go after you to prosecute you to do what? To shut you up, to silence you, and to make other peoples of Congress too scared to say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly it. And all of those reports, just like the SOS letter that came out of Delaney Hall, these are all true accounts. Because I know, I've seen them myself, and I've spoken to detainees personally about these things. And not to mention, Katie- The point that you mentioned about some of the things that folks reported in the New York Times yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: There are so many people in Delaney itself who have literally are so depressed and their backs are against the wall. They've done nothing. They have no criminal record where they have signed volunteer deportation agreements with the government.
Speaker 2: They're desperate.
Speaker 1: They're desperate or they're being duped into doing it.
Speaker 2: Desperate or duped is the way I look at it, right?
Speaker 3: Or that they want to change their conditions to get out of there because who wants to be caged in detention when you've done nothing wrong and you can possibly die at these places and you're being mistreated every day. You're going to say, look, send me back to my country of origin, hopefully. Do you know that there's so many people who are still waiting for I mean, they've been transferred three to four times since signing an agreement to end up back at Delaney Hall waiting and waiting. Because at the end of the day, Katie, what is this all about? It's about money and cruelty. And these people are getting so much money from people. holding detainees, from deporting more folks, for detaining more people. They're making money. This is a business. And this same business like GEO Group, who operates Delaney, they're the same people who pour millions of dollars back into Republican campaigns. And they fund campaigns. They funded the president's campaign.
Speaker 2: Big lobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big business. And so it's also following the dollars about all of this as well, which I keep pointing out to people. So it's just it's horrible. It's horrible that for so long, Americans have talked about other countries and how they implement cruelty and how folks are treated in their countries. And literally, we have become one of those countries because one, Donald Trump is mistreating the American people each and every day. But secondly, look what we're doing to these folks in detention centers, literally inserting cruelty and chaos on them every day and killing them. Killing them, Katie. This is underneath the watch of the federal government. It's horrible and disheartening. And we should be better than this as a country. And that's why this should matter to everyone, because it's horrible. It's inhumane. And in Donald Trump's world and Republicans, it's not Christian like for sure. No Bible ever told them to do any of this. And it's horrible, hard, just horrible to watch.
Speaker 1: Look, you know, you're just doing your job when you went to Delaney. It's a part of your ability. You are so immune from prosecution because you're doing your job. As a lawyer, respectfully, I understand judges, they get it wrong sometimes. But, you know, people need to understand that. that a criminal prosecution has very serious consequences. Congress is not made up of just Democrats, though. Congress is made up of Republicans as well. In fact, they have the power trifecta right now in the Senate, the House, and the Oval Office. So all of the bad stuff that we are seeing right now as Americans is the Republicans' responsibility because if Democrats were in the majority, that would be a different situation. There is something that I read in a piece that came out A few months ago, that was just incredible. The support that you are getting from some of your fellow female Democratic women is pretty impressive. But you were asked something about your Republican colleagues, and I want to make sure people hear this. One Republican congresswoman recently pulled you aside and asked if the charges were still happening. When you said yes, the woman said, that's some BS. You were stunned, according to this piece. I wanted to say, why don't you say.
Speaker 2: That out loud?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean... You know, Republicans, if they would actually do their job, would be looking at the same consequences, right? If you go and you do your job, you're going to get punished. Of course, this DOJ would never do that against a Republican. But why is it that your Republican colleagues are not stepping up and saying, this is some BS out loud publicly?
Speaker 2: Because it is. Why are they not doing this?
Speaker 3: Well, one... I'm happy you bring up the point, which I always say, this is not just about LaMonica McIver. This is about every member of Congress being able to do their job. And while it looks nice that, you know, Republicans are in charge and, you know, they feel protected and, you know, above all else, they won't be in charge forever. Like, you know, and at the end of the day, you know, this can happen to them as well, you know, literally. And so they should give a damn about it. They should be protected. their right to do their job, not for themselves, but for the people they represent, number one, because they're their voices in the halls of Congress and they should be protecting that right. Secondly, I think one, this woman who's a nice woman, I mean, a nice lady, but when she said that to me, I literally, my mouth was on the floor. Like I was blown away. I'm like, what? Like, are you talking to me? I'm like, yeah, this is some BS. You know, you guys should say that, you know? But at the same time, they just don't have the courage or the balls to do it. Katie, they are scared to death. They're literally on marching orders to carry out whatever the agenda is of the president. And they're scared to speak up, scared to speak up for their residents. Knowing some of this stuff that is happening, most of it is wrong and it's hurting their districts individually. But for God's sake, are they going to say anything? I mean, no, they're not. All it takes is literally saying, a good 10 to 15 of them to bound together to say, this is going to stop today. And they do not have the courage to do so. And that's something that is lacking in today's leadership is courage. And you need courage to be able to lead, period. But specifically in times that we're in right now with this very vicious administration, you have to stand up. It comes with personal sacrifice. I know that very well, Katie. But at the same time, you're sworn in. to an oath to protect people and represent them. And that is something that we have to take into account, right, as members of Congress or anybody in any leadership role, you have to step up to the plate. And, you know, everyone's just not built for that, you know, and that's why they should not be in leadership because this is a test to people having enough, you know, braveness, right, and courage to really lead and do what they need to do for the American people. And When she told me that, I just was like, wow, like you can say that to me. You can have a straight face and enough like courage to say that to me privately of what I'm going through. But you can't say that publicly. I mean, I just it honestly was a shocker, but I can understand why they are so scared. It's a tough battle. You know, it's a tough battle, but I'll do it all over again, Katie, because that's what I signed up to do. And I take my job really seriously.
Speaker 1: Well, you, as always, show a level of grace despite hardship that most people couldn't endure, especially this long, especially being pregnant with your second child, especially always continuing to keep your head down and doing the job that your constituents elected you to do. The perversion of justice that has happened under this administration, I speak out against every day. but this is especially an abomination. This is especially an abuse of power. One member of your staff who's incredible, she said with regards to this outcome from the Third Circuit, Congresswoman McIver was first, but she will not be the last, and these protections are more critical than ever. Fantastic words for everybody to understand and hear because they're trying to use you as a test case and they will fail miserably because the truth is on your side. We've seen what happened that day. We know why you were there and you shouldn't be criminally prosecuted for doing your job. Congresswoman LaMonica McIver, I support you. I stand with you. I know so many others do. And I'm grateful that you have your voice and you continue to use it. Thank you for joining me today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Katie. And as always, thank you for what you do. Folks don't say thank you enough to the media who is brave enough to put out the truth and the facts. And I'm super grateful for you and for your advocacy and even all your work around the Epstein files in the case. I mean, bravo. Thank you for what you're doing. Don't ever think that we're not grateful for you for the work that you do and the sacrifices that you make. Thank you. It's always good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you. Katie Fang here.
Speaker 1: We launched the Katie Fang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network so we could bring you the latest in legal and political news.
Speaker 2: Straight, no chaser.
Speaker 1: So if you're a fellow truth teller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together. Some exclusive reporting from the Washington Post this weekend about how the Pentagon under Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has secretly installed conservative influencers in order to promote, to peddle, and to try to sell to the American people not only Hegseth's ridiculous policies that are pursuing a war on woke agenda, but to also try to gin up support for convicted felon Donald Trump's illegal war against Iran and other absurdities that he perpetrates on the American people on a daily basis. Now, according to this reporting from the Washington Post, it identified some specific people that apparently have never been disclosed by the Pentagon or the Department of Defense having government roles within this Trump administration. One example is a guy by the name of Rob Maness, a retired Air Force colonel, a guy named Kurt Schlichter, a retired Army colonel. Now, the Washington Post looked at records at the Pentagon, and apparently these two men in particular have.
Speaker 2: Active official records.
Speaker 1: Government email addresses, and they are also assigned within the Pentagon to the office of Anthony Tata, the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. There's another guy who previously was appearing to have an email address and an assignment to Tata's office as well. His name is is Thomas Anderson, a retired Army colonel and also a conservative influencer.
Speaker 2: If you go to X, you can see him writing. He's an attorney.
Speaker 1: Apparently, he writes under a pen name. But then when the Washington Post checked the Pentagon records late last week, apparently his name no longer appears listed as a part of Pentagon employment. Now, here's what's really important. We know that Secretary of Defense Hegseth has cracked down on access to the Pentagon and the DOD. If you'll recall, the Pentagon overhauled who would be able to obtain a press pass and required kind of like a blood oath. People in the press had to sign a piece of paper indicating that they would agree to restrictions and limitations that previously did not exist and it also contained threats of prosecution etc for disclosure of classified information etc listen we all know that the classified documents etc that there's laws that pertains to it but kind of in this campaign of intimidation and coercion that we've seen implemented by this administration hexup was taking it a little bit even further at the pentagon and the dod and several several legacy media institutions refused to sign that memorandum. So instead, you get people like, I don't know, Laura Loomer, for example, at the Pentagon, right? So what's outrageous about this, though, is multi, I guess, fold.
Speaker 2: One, if.
Speaker 1: This is a Department of Defense that has sworn to uphold the laws and to defend our country and really should be nonpartisan, the employment of conservative influencers.
Speaker 2: Blows that shit out of the water, right?
Speaker 1: How can you be nonpartisan if you're hiring conservative influencers to peddle policy, positive policy pushing, right? And then number two, for a Department of Defense that has committed itself to measures of transparency, how transparent are you being if you're never disclosing that these people are on the payroll? And that's the other thing. So according to this Washington Post piece, You can either be a special government employee or a highly qualified expert. This guy Schlichter, and we're going to get into him and menace in a second. Schlichter is a quote, highly qualified expert in what nobody has any idea. Special government employees are limited by law to specific 130 days only at any 365 day period. Highly qualified experts can work full or part time with or without compensation. Right now, who knows? how they're getting paid, how much they're getting paid. I sincerely doubt they're working for free, right? So does that mean that my taxpayer money is going to fund a conservative influencer who's being paid with my taxpayer money to push kegs breath and convicted felon Donald Trump's bullshit? This Tata guy, the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, apparently has, quote, taken on a number of culture war issues. including scrutinizing war colleges for, quote, woke ideology and reviewing how the Biden administration adopted COVID vaccine mandates for U.S.
Speaker 2: Troops. Because that's the concern.
Speaker 1: Like a legal war against Iran, a billion dollars a day, more than 18 active service members dead as a result of this illegal war.
Speaker 2: That's your concern. National security issues.
Speaker 1: I mean, the problems abound for our country, both domestic and international, and those that implicate our armed forces. And yet the concern is scrutinizing war colleges for woke ideology and COVID vaccine mandates. I mean, this is the priorities that have been put into place when you have a cabinet member like Pete Hegseth. And I wrote about him in my Substack this weekend, this absurd idea that he's exploring Iran to be the president of the United States. The idiot of war, Pete Hegseth.
Speaker 2: Now, here's what's interesting, too.
Speaker 1: Another conservative influencer by the name of Jennica Pounds went on social media and accused a member of the State Department in the Trump administration of trying to entrap her in order to publish government secrets. But then that State Department official, Sarah Rogers, comes out. She's the undersecretary of state for public diplomacy. She comes out on social media. Why any of these assholes are going out on social media of all places to be doing this is beyond me. And apparently she says, I'm the official who reached out to Jennica Pounds. And and Rogers says, I posted the documents myself. It was not a trap. And then Pounds later says, I regret making a public spectacle and pulling people I respect into the swirl. Sarah Rogers is nominated by Felon Trump to lead the U.S. Agency for Global Media, which oversees Voice of America and other government-funded media.
Speaker 2: This is how messy these people are.
Speaker 1: Not only the conservative influencer pounds, but then you actually have the Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy being this messy on social media publicly. You don't think this is humiliating on the global stage for our country?
Speaker 2: Now, listen to this.
Speaker 1: Apparently, though, As a result of all of this, the Pentagon had to disclose, and Jenica Pounds also disclosed, that she works as a special government.
Speaker 2: Employee for the Department of Defense. So you had another one.
Speaker 1: They're like cockroaches. Turn on the lights, they're all going to scatter. But they're all coming out. All coming out of the woodwork. So we find out now we have this other influencer by the name of Jenica Pounds, right? She's been working for the Department of Defense since July. Again, am I paying as an American taxpayer? Are you as an American taxpayer paying for this woman to be there peddling the bullshit from this administration? Now, just in May of this year, Rob Maness, Kurt Schlechter, and this Anderson person, what's their first name?
Speaker 2: Thomas Anderson.
Speaker 1: They went on behalf of the Pentagon's Senior Service College Task Force and they went to the Army War College. And when they were there, they had the goal of rooting out ideology deemed toxic or woke.
Speaker 2: And that's according to Pete Kegsbroth.
Speaker 1: So they met with students and professors at the Army War College and asked them questions like, how do you think Kegsbroth is doing? How do you think General Dan Cain is doing? You know, Cain is the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. WAPO reporting that some students were uncertain about how candid they could be with their answers. because they feared negative consequences if the administration found out that they were criticizing the administration and didn't like their answers. This is the Army War College. This is the climate of fear that has been generated, where you don't feel comfortable being able to speak out in any way about the performance of government officials, which we know is piss poor, right? Highly disqualifying conduct. And yet, The fish rots from the head down, so we're not surprised because it goes chomp down.
Speaker 2: Another person familiar with this.
Speaker 1: Visit to War College tells WAPO that the task force members, Schlichter, Maness, and Anderson, had concerns about the syllabus for a class that focused on how military officers communicate with Congress. So let's look at some examples of Maness and Schlichter specifically. I went to their Twitter pages or profiles, whatever, sparing you having to go do with it.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something. It's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: So let's start with this Maness guy. So when you go to Maness, he's posting all sorts of crazy caca, including his pinned post. As you see on your screen right now, I stand with President Trump, Team Trump 2024. And this is as far back as August 1st of 2023. Don't forget, kids, regime media is still fake news. That's the post right below it. But then I want to scroll down a little bit because this is the one. On August 30th, he says, criticism of the fact that a statue of Stonewall Jackson was being removed from Virginia's Capitol Square says, He said, it is past time to reinstall the Reconciliation Monument in Arlington Cemetery. And he tags Pete Kagsbreath and says, save America's history for our children's sake. Do you want to know what the Reconciliation Monument in Arlington Cemetery is? It's a memorial in Arlington that commemorated members of the armed forces of the Confederate States of America who died during the American Civil War. In 2022, the naming commission recommended that the memorial be removed. Then-Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin agreed. Arlington National made plans to remove and relocate it. It was removed in December of 2023. In 2025, of course, Pete Kagsbreath said the monument would be returned and put on display in 2027.
Speaker 2: So folks, that's Rob Maness.
Speaker 1: WAPO also including in its piece in an article published last month by the conservative Daily Caller, Maness argued that Hex's team needs to root out, quote, disloyal career employees in the Department of Defense and laments careerists who treat the Pentagon as their permanent fiefdom. So we all know what this guy's all about. This Kurt Schlichter guy is also a columnist with the conservative town hall. On August 6th, he published a column calling Trump a hero for finally fighting back against Iran. I wonder how fellow veterans feel about the fact that he's saying that with 18, at least 18 active service members dead as a result of this illegal war. Praising Trump, he said, Trump could have waltzed into the midterms, dragging Republicans behind him towards success, but he had the courage to do what was necessary to stop these bastards before they made it impossible to prevent them from getting a nuclear bomb.
Speaker 3: Ha, ha, ha.
Speaker 1: The joke is on Schlichter. Does he know what the status is of the nuclear capabilities of Iran? How's that Strait of Hormuz working out for you? On August 14th on Twitter, Schlichter posts this. We are lucky to have Pete Hegseth tagging Pete in an incredibly ass-kissing way. Thomas Anderson, frequent critic of journalists, fellow veterans, and others opposing the Trump administration, defending Hegseth's efforts to overhaul military affairs. Okay, what else do we see from Kurt Schlichter? On August 27th, he posts good news. on a repost from James Tallarico, who said, breaking, Liam Tadeo was just deported by ICE. For those of you that don't know, Liam Tadeo was a five-year-old child who was arrested when he was with his father. And they were arrested by ICE in Texas, and he and his father were detained on August 16th, held at the disgusting Dilley detention facility, and then he was deported to Mexico. And the video was jarring, as always, seeing a five-year-old child crying, Um, anyway, it's just, yeah. So Schlichter is the kind of person who says good in response to that. I mean, these are the people, again, would love to know how much money are we paying them? I don't know which one is worse, huh? Are we using our, is our money being used to pay these people? Um, while people who have opposing viewpoints get punished, which I'm going to get to in a second, or if they're not getting paid, how fuck do you have to be in the head to be doing this for free? In the meantime, Air Force Major Jason Watson, who has publicly expressed his disgust for the Trump administration, 14 months ago, wrote on an anonymous Substack channel about felon Trump, called him, quote, a greedy, unintelligent, narcissistic, pathological liar, traitor, and coward.
Speaker 2: Sounds pretty accurate to me. I detect no lies.
Speaker 1: And then in July, outside the U.S. Capitol, as you know, he was arrested for For protesting on the steps of the Capitol, he held a sign stating impeach, convict, remove. Last week, 10 counts revealed of military charges filed against him covering six incidents. The Substack post I just referenced, two media interviews, the Capitol steps protest, and two accusation of dissipating orders involving personal travel and his more recent uniform requirements because he wore his uniform when he was doing some of these things. The Air Force said he made improperly contemptuous remarks about the president and engaged in dereliction of duty and conduct unbecoming of an officer. Now, here's what was so rich, folks. In a statement last month, Air Force Secretary Troy Mink said, the investigation of Watson is driven by concerns over conduct that could, quote, undermine the nonpartisan nature of our military, end quote. undermine the nonpartisan nature of our military? Is it nonpartisan to hire conservative influencers to work for the Pentagon and the Department of Defense? To sing praises of Pete Hegseth? To sing praises of convicted felon Donald Trump? To push on social media ideas that what they, as in Trump and Hegseth, are doing are good and for the betterment of the American people? Does that sound like quote, nonpartisan nature of our military. I submit to you, it is not. The hypocrisy is rank. Now, putting aside whether Major Watson in uniform should be doing what he is doing, I do think the hypocrisy should be called out.
Speaker 2: What we're doing here.
Speaker 1: Apparently, cases rising to, quote, contemptuous language charges are almost unheard of, according to a lawyer who deals with these types of stuff, a military lawyer. He said it's very rare to see these charges, but it's just as rare to see an officer make these kinds of comments in such an open forum. But the thought is that Major Watson got to the point of such desperation to express how he felt about what was going on, not only to his country, but to his fellow officers. He felt compelled to do this. A graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, Major Watson entered active duty in 2009, serving in Alaska, the southwestern U.S., the Pacific Rim, Europe, and the Middle East. He's also served as a logistics readiness officer stationed in Poland with the NATO integration unit. I mean, I have to tell you, Major Watson said, Trump has failed us. Not only is he a failure as a president, he is flagrantly violating the Constitution, breaking the law, engaging in rampant corruption and is killing Americans. Again, no lies detected. I salute Major Watson for his bravery and his courage, knowing that this was probably going to be the result, him being charged.
Speaker 2: He was technically arrested. for that protest on the U.S.
Speaker 1: Capitol steps. But those charges, as we know, were dropped the next day. U.S. Capitol Police arrested him and then those charges against him were dropped by U.S.
Speaker 2: Capitol Police. But of course, he's now being charged by the Air Force. You know, we have to understand that.
Speaker 1: It is okay to not agree with what is happening to our country right now and that the First Amendment exists for us to be able to express that. If these conservative influencers want to use, under the guise of the First Amendment, use their social media platforms, whatever they have to be able to express their support, that is their legal and constitutional prerogative. But being a part of, an employee of, the Department of Defense, the Pentagon, that's not right. And I'll bet you, as more and more digging is done, we're going to find out that more and more money, time, energy, and resources is being put into having these type of conservative influencers out there. But you know what the good news is? This is a sign of Trump's desperation. This is a sign of Hegseth's abject humiliation and desperation.
Speaker 3: Both of them.
Speaker 1: Because why would you need to have to hire conservative influencers if things were going swimmingly well? Why would you have to hire conservative influencers, especially of this.
Speaker 2: Ilk, Schlichter and Maness and others?
Speaker 1: Why have to hire them if things were so great? If your popularity was so high, if your polling, if your approval polling was so fantastic, fell in Trump and Pete Keg's breath. If you guys were doing so great by your armed forces and your veterans and your active service members, why hire social influencers that are conservative, that are just going to sit there and pitch the bullshit to the masses? Number one, we're not fucking reading it and we don't buy it. But number two, it just goes to show you reek of desperation, Trump and Hexath. Reek like stinky ass pheromone maxing reeking is what you do. It's kind of delicious at the end of the day if you think about it. Not the stinky ass reeking of desperation, but this idea that they are fucking desperate. So desperate that they would have to hire these losers to have to do it.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Be mad, be outraged, you man of credibility. We'll stick on this one as well. This is an important story. I am off to rattle some Todd Blanche cages.
Speaker 2: Katie Fang here.
Speaker 1: We launched the Katie Fang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network so we could bring you the latest in legal and political news.
Speaker 2: Straight, no chaser.
Speaker 1: So if you're a fellow truth teller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together.