Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we have Judy in here with this from the Greater Bartlesfield Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, young lady.
Speaker 3: I'm good. How about you?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Bartlesville is about the best daring place on the planet to be and I'm very happy to be here, and I'm sure you are too.
Speaker 3: I am, I am, I am. It's a little muggy outside, but other than that, it's a great place to be.
Speaker 1: You know something, I come from the Great Lakes area, and every time someone says, oh, the winter's just so dreadful, that forty that minus forty degrees, that polar vortex, I said, come on down here and burn like a cinder.
Speaker 2: You'll get over real quick.
Speaker 1: And then they wouldn't mind having a couple of one hundred degree days in life. So yeah, I'll take this one. It's all part of you. We have to call the price paradise.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: So now we've got some cool things going on with the chamber. I understand we have business after hours coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, business after hours is tomorrow, at four o'clock from four to five point thirty, and it's gonna be at Palace Rooms in at three oh nine Dewey Palace Rooms is they've also got lollipops and number three oh nine I think is the name of it. Anyway, it's that little part of Palace Rooms and they've just got a great deal there with their little grocery store and you can get pizza there. It's that wood fire pizza. It's really a suh that it's really good. It's really good. So I don't know if that's what we're gonna have tomorrow night, that's up to Adrian and David, but but whatever it is, it will be good. And so we want to encourage you to come out at four o'clock to Palace Rooms and lounge, and then after it it's o where you could even stay for dinner if you wanted.
Speaker 2: That would be encouraged.
Speaker 1: That would be encouraged because I know most folks have gone by, and some folks have gone in, but not everybody's gone in. Wells for opportunity to say, hey, you know, there's nothing to hold me back now.
Speaker 3: Right, It'll be fun, it'll be good, sure, And so we always have. You know, there's always going to be food, and there's going to be door prizes, and we have great door prizes from other businesses that give us door prizes, and then of course we'll have Chamber Bucks from the Chamber and it's just a great opportunity to come and network and meet other business leaders in town.
Speaker 2: I said, we got the big form coming up.
Speaker 3: We have the big form coming up. This is going to be a good one. This is with Tandra Perkins. She's the senior vice president from Phillip sixty six and she'll be here and you can. It's two hundred and ninety five dollars I think for a table. But she will be here and it's at Tricount Tech and that will be August the eighth, which is a Thursday, I believe, and out at Tri County and it will be from eleven thirty to one. And so it's a great.
Speaker 2: Time indoor air condition companies.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You've been doing some great things here and a lot of things coming up to Now.
Speaker 2: What's this pastries and perks. I've been hearing about past and perks.
Speaker 3: Really will Yeah, it is, it's a it's the new thing Sherry brought into the Chamber and pastries and perks. I like to say that Sherry shares the perks and the Eatery shares the pastries they are bringing. They sponsor it with with fresh their fresh pastries. Oh my gosh, they're so good. And we did it yesterday was our first time and we had a really good turnout for our first time, and I thought that we're going to do it again August the twentieth. It from eight to nine in the morning at the Chamber office and again Eatery will provide the pastries, which is really really good. But we talk about Chamber benefits, so this is for non members that could come and learn it. They've thought about being a Chamber member, but they didn't have all the answers to their questions, and so it's for non members. But it's also for new members that may not have realized all the things that are available. And then it's for members that have been members for a long long time that don't know about the new things like pastries and perks, or where we do business after hours now, because business after hours used to have a different time, but business after hours is always the first Thursday of the month. It's always at four o'clock and it's always at a new location each time. So that's why it's important to check in and if you are a member, to read your weekly memo, and if you're not a member, we would love to talk to you about becoming a member.
Speaker 2: What a sweet way to start the day.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, it is, it is. I mean it was really good.
Speaker 1: So ye and you get a chance to meet people to network a little bit.
Speaker 3: TI huh, Well, yeah, we did. And we had a young man come from Tulsa. I was telling you about this earlier. He was. I just said, what brought you to pastries and perks? Because he's not a chamber member and it was the first time he'd ever been to Bartlesville. And I know, isn't that interesting? And he he said, I was really I was really pleased with this. He said he had never been to Bartlesville, but what a wonderful place. He said, you guys have a great place here. I said, yeah, we know that. And I said, it's the biggest little city or the littlest big city you've ever been to. And Bartlesville is just we've just got one of everything here. It's really really a great place to live and work and play and or even start a business and or start a business and become a chamber member. But but he said that, and he's and he was very encouraging about our chamber, and he had been to other chambers before, and he really appreciated all the things that that we offer as a chamber and the things that we try to do here in Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's fine testament all along.
Speaker 3: Well, and what's going on in town too. You know, we do have a great place to live here, and it's pretty and people have cared about it for years and we have you know, iconic things like Price Tower and and are and wool of rock and the museums and things like that that that you know, bigger places may have, but but in Bartlesville it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: If you if you look at any town the size of thirty five to forty thousands, and that's the truth. People, you don't have a community center like we You don't have a Unity Square, no, like we have that. That is right, that's priced.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then of course our streets are in pretty good shape and everything else seems to run pretty darn welfare a town our size. You know, sure, we've got some things to work on, but you know what, we've got people who are aware of that and they're working on.
Speaker 3: That's right, And who doesn't have things to work on like that?
Speaker 1: But that reminds me I'll be a little bit busy later today on myself improving.
Speaker 3: But there you go.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we've got the other things that going on here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got the hot topics.
Speaker 3: Hot Topics. Hot topics is something that the Chamber did years ago and now we're bringing it back. Sherry wanted to bring this back. August twenty eighth will be the first the kickoff for hot Topics that is, and it's sponsored and presented by iron Wood Business Consulting here in Bartlesville. It's about HR departments, So HR Mastering HR Compliance is actually the title of this first one. We'll do four months in the fall and then four months in the spring, and so eight month total. This is a free event. So if you have a small business or a larger business, but you need some information about the top ten mistakes that companies make in their HR departments, we would encourage you to come out for this. You do need to register to be a part of that, but it's just so that we know how to plan and there is no like I said, there's no charge involved in that. So you can discover the critical compliance questions that every HR professional is going to have. But again, Ironwood Business Consulting is going to come in and facilitate that for us.
Speaker 1: It's amazing in a short time that it went from you can just stick a shingle out and go into business to oh my gosh, what's this. Yeah, there are a lot of you know, pieces of red tape. You have to really navigate through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there are and and so Ironwood will help you navigate through those, and obviously the Chamber will we do everything we can to give businesses a platform to be successful and to ask those questions that we may not have an answer for, but I guarantee you we'll find someone that will.
Speaker 1: That's the way you guys work. I mean, you're still resourceful and you have so many people with whom others can connect. You know, one thing, this is completely a different aside. You know that book that comes out at the first of the year, and it's got just about everything you want to know about bartle Let's put it out that is one that is one piece of marketing that money just can't buy.
Speaker 3: Isn't that just a great book?
Speaker 1: You know, when my mother moved to town that she says, by Golling, all I have to do is get through a little bit more of this and she says, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to know everything I need to know. She said it was so.
Speaker 1: Easy at her age to navigate, to understand, to absorb, and she said it was really nice that it was in color.
Speaker 2: And everything.
Speaker 1: She said, it just made you feel so connected so quickly to the community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great book. It talks about the ed you know, schools here in Bartlesville. It talks about our healthcare system in Bartlesville. It talks about a lot of different things throughout the book. And then it also at the back of the book are all of our chamber members are listed there by category so people can can find things. Yeah, because if you're looking for some a plumber or you're looking for a veterinarian, you know, those things are listed in the book by category. They're easier to find that way instead of by alphabet. So it's nice to have that to be able to just look them up really quickly. And you know, we give those books out to all of our members. We have an Advocate committee at the Chamber. It's made up of about thirty four people this year, and we do Operation thank You in January and that's when in one day we try to distribute those books to all of our members in that one time, and our advocates assist us in doing that. They take a list and the books and they take them out. But if you don't have a book, they're available at the Chamber and you can combine and pick one up. But we try to give those to our members, like I said, in one day. Some days, sometimes we don't get it all done. We have seven hundred and sixty members right now, so we don't get them all done in one day sometimes, but we certainly make a concerted effort and thank you for our advocates that come out and help us do that.
Speaker 1: You know, I encourage folks who are actually even looking to come to town just.
Speaker 2: To drop by your office. Absolutely you can't and.
Speaker 1: Just ask a few questions, because I mean, you guys are the next best thing to the welcome wagon.
Speaker 3: You know, we have people come in every day, whether they're visitors or people that have just moved here, or like that young man yesterday that said he was they were wanting to move here, that his wife had said, well, why don't we move to Collinsville, And he said, no, why don't we move to Bartlesville. And so I'll let them work that out. But it's it's just neat to do that. But they can come in every day. We see people that come in to ask about the history of Bartlesville. They and then a lot of times we can send them over to visit Bartlesville, over to where at the community center with Maria or Becky and they can go over there and get stuff too. But we have maps, We have Oklahoma maps, we have Bartlesville maps. We have all those things. And then obviously the book that people can come and get and learn more about Bartlesville Northeast Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: You know what really adds just that little sparkle or that little star on the top of the tree, it's Christmas.
Speaker 2: In the Ville.
Speaker 3: Oh we love Christmas in the vill, don't you. And we are starting to put christ well, we start putting Christmas in the Ville together the day after we close it you know, it's one of those things. It's just a year round event, but we are getting close. It feels like it's a long ways away, but it's not. And this year we will extend Christmas in the Ville an extra week. We are Opening night is November thirtieth, and that is just it is just going to be awesome again. We'll have food trucks and we'll have our top train and things like that that are available for opening night. And it is just always such a grand, grand time. It's we live in a Hallmark movie for that month. You know, it's just awesome. The lights and the music and the kids laugh and mom and dad and grandparents come and there's the Christmas movies and the Christmas carolers and Santa Claus and oh my gosh, it's just it's just pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: And also on top of that, it's a photo op or six. Oh yeah it happened because oh yeah, you've got the historic depot where you guys are located.
Speaker 2: You got that yeah train, you got the.
Speaker 3: Ice ornament, that great big ornament. We've had people. Two guys last year proposed at Christmas in Theville in that ornament. They they set it up and did a whole surprise thing and and did their proposals and got yes answers, you know, and so that was that was a neat thing. But it just brings so many people to downtown, and the businesses and the restaurants downtown benefit from that as well, and they are always so supportive and and people walk downtown and all the lights from all the other businesses and all the things that Phillips puts up. It's just beautiful downtown. But Christmas in the Ville is just one of our favorite times of year.
Speaker 1: It takes you back to almost like it like a Norman Rockwell pain. Yeah, I mean, that's just how awesome.
Speaker 3: It truly is like that. And we have people from Parsons, Kansas and Schnoot and Coffeeville. We had some from Erie last year. We have them from Tulsa and Collinsville and Ouasso and Skytook but and no Wada obviously. But it's interesting how it's expanding and people are farther away or learning about it and they come to Bartlesville for that day. And so the revenue that is generated there, the tax revenue that's generated there, and for businesses too because they come to skate, but they eat and they shop and they look around at how beautiful Bartlesville is. It's a great time to be downtown.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, do the shop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: So can people find out more about the.
Speaker 3: Chamber, Well, obviously they can call Our phone number at the Chamber is three three six eight seven zero eight. And then our website. You need to check out our website. We have a new website. It is Bartlesville dot com www obviously Bartlesville dot com and it will tell you about how to join the chamber. It will tell you can find our member directory there under member center you can find out different things that are available to Chamber members. And then obviously you can you can call me at at that number three three six eight seven zero eight, and I would love to talk to you about becoming a Chamber member if you're not already. And then but our website is the biggest thing. It is really We have a new one and it looks great.
Speaker 2: I like that video, that Drone video.
Speaker 3: I know, my gosh, isn't that cool?
Speaker 2: Brett?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And Tresa Cruz puts that stuff together for us. So she is such an incredible creative person and she has great ideas, and so I just kind of got to give her credit. Especially in the front page of that book that we talked about. She did that too.
Speaker 2: So's people do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's very creative and very sweet. We do have a great office and a great staff and anybody there would be so happy to help you with any of those questions.
Speaker 2: Than you for being with us today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh my goodness, you've been listening to our community connection with Bartlehill Chamber of Commerce,