Speaker 1: Salsbrey. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sewan Salisbury.
Speaker 3: To usc Troupes, longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Bryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sewn Salsbury Show.
Speaker 4: Texans Chargers Tomorrow afternoon, three thirty kickoff overt NRG Stadium Wildcard Round of the playoffs. Notre Dame headed to the national title. They take down Penn State on a last second field goal. Shan triple was happening. What is up?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 4: What a game last night?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty seven to twenty four the final, Notre Dame advancing Notre Dame by three. You know we start charging for picture out here, probably.
Speaker 1: Notre Dame for three. Yeah, you know what, I don't know much, but I know, Oh I love you?
Speaker 4: Who good start the morning. Huh, there you go.
Speaker 1: Everything cleared out of the throat. You know what I'm saying? Yeah, no full give, no hawk tua, none of that. Everything's good. But I mean, you know, I don't want to brag. I mean, I told you physical game by three. I mean, but who's counting, right, I mean, who wants to brag? I mean, there's no need, right, Yeah? Twenty seven twenty four, that is a three three point louder. So the people that three points?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you? Did you bet it and put people in? Did you do what I said so you could put money in your wallet?
Speaker 4: I did? Yeah, I like it. Yeah I bet five bucks. Hey man, did you make a profit and you never go back taking a profit? It's exactly right what I've heard. So we don't want to brag to start, but I mean, I mean, but who's counting? Rh who's count three points?
Speaker 1: You know? Good physical, tough matchup? You think Love ran like a football playing Jesse at the goal line.
Speaker 4: I asked you about him yesterday. How key of a player is he going to be? If he couldn't play? Well? He played and you saw it.
Speaker 1: You saw it right there. Yeah, it's exactly right, man. So I mean, but who's but who's counting?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Whose kind?
Speaker 1: I mean? Just because you padded your wallet doesn't mean anybody else did. Yeah, man, in a minute, A good football game though, in uh, it's a bummer because both these teams are more than capable, and you know what, neither passing game was devastating. I mean last night both struggled at times, Right had some free runners and hit some big plays.
Speaker 4: But the there's a.
Speaker 1: You're probably gonna have to make a few more plays with your arm to win the national title. But they made some clutch plays and then missed some throws necessary and the drew you know, alers forced down there. You know you see how we're watching the highlight. I rewatched that about ten times. He didn't need he slid to his lau He had the pocket clean. He slid into bad vision. He saw somebody flash. The pocket was as clean as could be. All he needed to do was climb, and he'd a better he'd have been able to drive that throw that he threw the pick on. You know that led to we thought we were going to overtime throws that pick and when he drops back, if you watch the end zone camera and the overhead, he moved to his left and slid into trouble, then tried to come back to throw off balance, and that missed the accurate throw when else he had to do. That's that presence, man, And he's been in the league in college football long enough to know he's a good player.
Speaker 4: Big kids strong.
Speaker 1: To stand there and climb a little bit, you'll create a little more vision, and you could have ripped it in there. But that see, that's the perfect case when somebody says, well man pressure on a quarterback. No, no, no, that pocket was perfectly clean. He slid to his left as opposed to sliding up, and it caused his throat to be late, and it caused his throw to be inaccurate. And then they get the ball back and go down and kick the field goal. So it's it's not one play that causes the game, but his decision and his lack of on that play, his lack of pocket presence was was not good to you rewinding it. Yeah, yeah, watch you watch from the thing when you see him and you could see from behind him him and see his vision about freeze. I wish you could see I slid. He slid into trouble as opposed to a clean pocket, and so and when when when that happens in big games like this and this one throw slides slide, No need. He slid into the trouble where the guy's blitzing and missed the throw and he lost his own vision to off bounce and then Notre Dame capitalized. There was no need for him to play that way. See the pocket if he stays right there matter of fact, he can run for twenty as just climb up a little bit of the pocket take off. But also think about now, look at look at his vision there. It's a little skewed. Now if he steps to his right and climbs he the no only reason you have to step to his right because he already stepped three yards to his left. Stay on that hash mark where the ball was when he dropped back. He said, well, why why would you slide to the left. Now, this is the perfect example of pocket presence in a football game. Get big, physical kid, why are you sliding into trouble? That tells me, you know what it tells me. Look at the pass rush. And but finally he gets his head back up, balls late and he has to throw off bounds and takes a hit that he would never have hit if he just took a reset in the pocket and then let it rip. And if at worst in that situation, you throw it away and play for overtime, overtime right right, and then you give the ball in your territory. And then they execute a couple of big plays.
Speaker 4: What do they always say in these drives is the only thing you can't do is throw an interception or take a sack. Yeah, and well get rid of the football.
Speaker 1: And had he not thrown that ball when he slid to his left, if he split a second later, it is a sack. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but you started.
Speaker 1: You see how clean the pocket was and the perspective he said, Wow, why aren't they blocked? No, no, no, they blocked per They did what they're supposed to, throw it by him, slide, push the pass, rush by him and give him clean feet and they did in a clear vision in the pocket.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so clear.
Speaker 1: Really, if he stays there, you're not going to get a cleaner pocket in that And unfortunately it happened. And it's a bummer because both teams are good, but for the fighting Irish, they're a different team than they've been in a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't. If you didn't.
Speaker 1: Recognize their team speed going in, you sure as hell do now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I feel like earlier this year, when they were fully healthy, they had the speed. But this, this is on a different level over the last probably month. This is like they've really hit their stride. Man, even with all the injuries they've had on their defensive side of the football.
Speaker 1: This is a different level of speed that they haven't had at Notre Dame in a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And for Penn State, dude, they're going to be back. Like like for the Lar kid, he's coming back. He's not entering the transfer actually transfer. Yeah, he's coming back. And I think it's a wise idea for him.
Speaker 1: If if Sundays are in mind, and you come back with the veteran quarterback, Oh, they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: No, they'll be They'll be right back in the college ball rank, in.
Speaker 1: The top five or ten going into the season next year with an opportunity to win it. So you got that hard nose, knocking in the mouth football game last night, and no reason why you're not going to see more of that tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wonder, I wonder what type of game we're going to see tonight. Is it going to be a track meet or is are the both defenses going to show up put pressure on these quarterbacks Will Howard and Queen Yours and we'll see a defensive I mean, it's not gonna be a defensive struggle, but like what type of game.
Speaker 1: It has the ability if both offenses come out slow to be a first half defensive struggle until they start to, you know, take off the governor and just go play. I'm gonna tell you what if you're if you're Texas, you're number one priority in this game. Ohio State can run it. They're always deep there and they will they will. But you better take away that freshman receiver.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeremiah Smith, he is right now.
Speaker 1: He's about as he's about his He's dressing in a phone booth every game where everybody else is dressing in a locker room.
Speaker 4: Oh Ohio State with another badass wide receiver.
Speaker 1: See, you've got a limit. We you know, we've talked about it, the gentee stuff when they came in when Penn State had to make sure you neutralize him, didn't let him take.
Speaker 4: Over a game. It's the same thing here.
Speaker 1: You cannot let that guy operate in space and make chunk play after chunk play after explosive play after explosive play. That'll be their challenge. And you got to come out of the locker room. I don't forget feeling your way out. I like a guy who comes out of his corner and sprints across the ring and throws a first punch right to a guy's face, and then you can stick and move and do all yourthing. Do not sit back there and play passive, because that'll didn't You'll find yourself. What if either team comes out of there says let's play it close to the vest and see what things are doing, and before you know it, you're down by two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: That isn't that.
Speaker 1: That isn't the way you want to do things, not the way you are not in the college football Plaoff semifinals at it. You know you you talked about the pass game. You'd have to make a couple more plays if you were Penn State last night. Yep.
Speaker 4: If you remember, in the first quarter, a loar threw an easy touchdown pass that was dropped by his running back going into the end zone because it was a little bit behind him. That hit him right in the hands. Falls there's six points right off the board, and assuming seven he makes the extra point, there's seven points right there.
Speaker 1: Now let me go back. While the ball would hit your hands, you expect a guy to catch it. But here's the deal though, as I always friggin say, that's an ordinary play for the quarterback. It's saying the guy's wide open and the flat ain't nobody around him. It wasn't that it had to be a out in front, shoulder, perfect throw into when the guy undercuts it and takes one hundred yards the other way.
Speaker 4: He was wide open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the difference between that and the guy who makes that play look ordinary, which is supposed to. You don't want that play to look spectacular. You want the call to get you a touchdown, but you want to be as boring as you can't. You could walk out and hand it to him and it's touchdown.
Speaker 4: What's he do? And it was a running back? Correct?
Speaker 1: Running Backs are balls not around and think about the ball above him. They're not used to catching it in certain situations like receivers are that ball behind him. They work on that drill. Running backs are used to. You're usually handed or tossing it to him in the backfield, and when you throw it to him, it's like when you throw a swing route to a foot. They got bigger pads on a lot of times, and at least they used to, you know what I'm saying, bigger pads. So that ball's got to be and it's an odd angle for the quarterback, but you got to get it on his front shoulder, just body him with it. That they had made him slow down, and that goes to, well, you got catch it. The truth is when you watch on tape, Drew Ali is gonna be sick to his stomach. Yeah, because he's wide open. That is what I talk about. It hit the checkdown without a high throw that makes the guy catch and tackle, or a slant behind him on the back shoulder. That's the perfect example of there was nothing complicated about it. Dude. He's made the throw a billion times m m temperature. The game goes up, he squeeze the ball a little hard throat behind him, guy leaves it on the ground. And the difference in a game is the difference between four and three points or getting it or not getting any points at all.
Speaker 4: And they're coming at their own end zon top.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that that that's that ordinary play that you made look too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he's gonna be thinking about that one, the interception, probably a couple of other plays, dude.
Speaker 1: Those two plays alone, he will he'll be back and say the throw in the flat that that he's been throwing that since the fifth grade, no one around him since the fifth grade. And then the interception. While it was a great catch and finished by I mean great concentration by the defender, He's gonna look at it and say, because I'm going to tell you from mine the time I was most critical, bad decisions or something. Never never worried about competitive I mean if I competed or not, because I was gonna fight you anyway. But when you go back and look at when you get to see the all twenty two, and he's gonna see today or tomorrow, he's gonna go back and look at it, and what's gonna make him sick is because those offensive linemen are watching it too. God, I'm just telling you, and you almost fee. There's times when I've gone to it after a game, gone after a film session and apologize to offensive lines. And you deserve better than me to to bail that sack. Three of those or two of those are on med, no business doing it. You guys did your thing, regardless of what your great. That's on me, and I've found myself I have apologized the linement a day after watching the tape because I said, you know what, regardless of everybody says, I'm gonna and I'll make it loud and clear to everybody that that one's on me and it's on him, and he's gonna be even maybe even more than the throw because there's an emotional and mental side that your lineman are saying, dude, what are you doing? We have this perfect pocket for you. That's what you do.
Speaker 4: Just stand in there and take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: Before always hold your water slide a little bit, and it's a hold and we made it. We may be looking at a different result and it makes you sick. So he is going to be sick over two plays. Two play and he made There's other plays, but he's going to be sick to his stomach thinking I've made that one a million times. I've sat in this pocket a billion times. What am I doing? Do my offensive line? And those dudes are big and they they did a good job of dominating the line of scrimmers a lot of the game. He'll be sick to his stomach because you feel when he watches that he's going to say, I let my guys down because the pocket was perfect. Yep, I created a problem. That's how he's gonna feel today. And I'm gonna tell you when it's when it's you, you deal with it. Like in golf, you hit a snap book when you know you got the fellas that are counting on you, and they had a perfect pocket and you bailed on them. Not on purpose, but did That's one that sticks with you a long time because you said, I got to get that back because I don't want my guys to think that I'm got that I'm skittish in the pocket.
Speaker 4: And he was on that last play and it cost him. And the worst part is now the season's over, exactly.
Speaker 1: Right, man, Now valuable lesson learned. But unfortunately it was at the expense of an interception that Notre Dame capitalized, right, Yeah, which they've been doing all year long. Yeah, can't give good teams that many chances.
Speaker 4: No, you can. What a game though Notre Dame wins at twenty seven to twenty four. They head to the National Title Game to take on the winner of tonight's game, Texas and Ohio State. We got a lot to dig into. On a Friday edition to The Sewn Salisbury Show, the Astros avoid arbitration with all eight of their eligible players Texans Chargers tomorrow and of course Ohio State. Texas and the Rockets win again. A lot to get into on a loaded show here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Before we continue on with this show, let me tell you about Aqueduct Plumbing, Locally owned, family owned and operated, friendly and honest, providing free estimates with no hidden charges that other companies will tack on. And it doesn't matter if the job is large or small, they will take it on. Whether it's a fossil repair, drainage issues, tankless water heaters, tunnel jobs, or whole house re piping. They even do commercial and residential new construction. They are the Houston experts when it comes to repiping. If you need your whole home repiped, then Aqueduct Plumbing is who you need to call. They have completed thousands of these jobs. They've also got leaked detection remodels and sewer jobs. And of course winter season is here. It's been really cold over the last week and it's gonna continue to be cold, and they have PEX piping that's not gonna burst in a freeze. And that means you have peace of mind that your most valuable asset, which is your home, will not be without water or subject to very costly restoration resulting from leaks. Check them out online Aqueduct Plumbingcompany dot com two eight one four eight eight six two three eight For all your plumbing needs, Aqueduct Plumbing Company is at your disposal.
Speaker 2: More Sean Salisbury on Sports Talk seven ninety where Astros and Rockets play and Real Texans talk.
Speaker 1: Shader Sanders pulls or Triple E got a better arm? Like, Okay, we will do each other's job better. I should do or can't do it? Triple he does. No.
Speaker 4: The question is can TRIPLEY throw a bank post?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, pun intended, he can throw a bank So right now, TRIPLEY is a top five pick in the draft, is what you're telling me potentially?
Speaker 4: What's gonna hold?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 4: You're not even you're not letting go over your sky report?
Speaker 1: Uh? All the size? Yeah, but we're gonna get money edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could be Drew Brees for all we know.
Speaker 1: Problem is, I was gonna move him to the slot, but he's he's not white, so it can The white dude always comes into the slot if you McCaughey, Oh yeah, he was great white out in college. Where are you gonna play him? We're gonna move him to the slot. You hear that? Hey, Now the guys who like the barber Harrison is huge us that are freak shows. Well, I can move I can actually put him at quarterback.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll be said, I can move him anywhere. But you're rarely hear.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're gonna take the We're gonna take the white boy and move him outside. And the brother moved it's the other way right, Well, he's not you know what, here's what it is. Hey, Jim Ratt doesn't have great speeds, but we're taking we're taking the white out and we're putting on the edge for the audience.
Speaker 4: It's always that way.
Speaker 1: I played with two of them that's largent. Was awesome, and Chris Carter moved inside. Might have been the greatest slot receiver we've ever had. That's when you think about Chris Carter's career. It's crazy to think that he actually played the slot like you. He started out. Remember they throw fades to him and Philly. We moved him inside and you couldn't now in a two receiver set, he was playing outside because Chris Carr ain't leaving the field right, and but you put him inside. Now, imagine this six three and a half six four body with body control. That's freaking stupid hands that were like it was like Chris made Chris Is put it this way, like he and Larry Fitzgerald largent. They are the type of guys who make it feel like they have gloves on even when they don't. Does that make sense? And these new gloves they got, remember that those some of these new gloves were even pre Chris car I mean post Chris Carter large and didn't wear gloves ever.
Speaker 4: That's nuts.
Speaker 1: So you go to out there, they're magnetized everywhere. But yeah, we got to put Tripley outside. I'll bring him in a quarterback and I'll do and we'll du all threat him.
Speaker 4: Hey, last night they they had freaking Tyler Warren, the big ass six six tight end running the Wildcat. How good is that kind of state? Dude?
Speaker 1: How good is that dude? Can you wait? You stand in line to draft his ass?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Give me him right now for the Texans?
Speaker 1: So final, So the so the decision is Tripley more value than Shador Sanders. Yeah, of course, even though they look alike. We got Triple but but I wouldn't trade him for this show for I got to keep Triple right, here.
Speaker 4: But didn't Shador put out a rap song too. Yeah, we played that trash. We're not playing that again.
Speaker 1: He's a better.
Speaker 4: Football we got we got to play Langelo balls song.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that either. Decision, we're not doing that either. We're not ruining the show with a bad rap song for the kids.
Speaker 4: Boy, it ain't a bopper, no bop?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is it is that yet?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Is that the same as no cap, no bop? No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I know what bop means. No bop means. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you know bop means you ain't good at it, that's pretty good. There you go.
Speaker 4: But but Jello song kind of kind of hits man out of here bang for real? I found it? But is it edited? Yes, it's clean?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said you said banks?
Speaker 4: Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't do ands didn't bank.
Speaker 4: No, his was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if Triple tries to leave, he ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: But if he ever tried to leave, he's gonna probably just gonna where's he gonna go? Triple?
Speaker 1: Where are you going to? The I got news for it. He ain't leva, he'll be he'll be Uh what are they? The ties? What are they called? Yeah, we'll howk know what it is? Is it at the end of Instead of that, we're just not evenna let him.
Speaker 4: Out of his room.
Speaker 1: Yeah he had of the show. Yeah, hey, where's Triple A? Well he's instead they've got him locked into the studio so he doesn't take another gig.
Speaker 4: Right, how's he gonna get He's got food and water and yeah, yeah, I got a pillow.
Speaker 1: We got him. He's he's good to go. But he ain't leaving this show. He ain't going anywhere. Man, the most compliment.
Speaker 4: You can't let it.
Speaker 1: We can't do without it.
Speaker 4: Triple Where were you? Where you going? Left club? Or what's that club you went to? I don't I can't remember.
Speaker 1: He ain't leaving, right, Triple Right, go ahead and commit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we go. Okay, Yeah, you're going. You're going to Texas game tomorrow? No, I'm watch on TV.
Speaker 1: I'll be yeah, TV thinks.
Speaker 4: And it's snowing bad up there where. Oh he's talking about he thought you said Texans? Yeah, texts Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm not I'm not going TV.
Speaker 4: I'm TV brother, man, Dude, I saw some pictures and you know, parts of Dallas got like almost a foot of snow yesterday, like north of Dallas. Yep.
Speaker 1: And then it'll be like my Sherman, it will probably be melted in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Insane. That's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It'll lasted the weekend and then they'll then it'll start to dissipate.
Speaker 4: Good word, Yeah, great teams.
Speaker 1: So tripley. So we've decided that tripley is valuable to us as Shuder Sanders is going to be to an NFL team edge tripley to us. Maybe yeah, I'll take it. Yeah, I'm in see look at him, m v P. Look at him. He just he's a guy. Just he shows up and just keeps winning. Did you bet anything last awards?
Speaker 4: No, man, Me and Sharlan the only ones. Huh. You know some people some people some people. He wanted advice, I want a couple extra bones last night. You know, not bad though.
Speaker 1: Some people heed good advice. So what do you want me to tell you? I mean some and some don't. Oh, hey, f around and find out triple Yay.
Speaker 4: You're gonna bet tomorrow? Yes, I say, now we're talking. Now we're talking. May have to put some money on that. Texas and Ohio State game tonight too. I just don't know which way yet. Yeah, I don't be over. Yeah, I was gonna say I probably take the over, even though defenses are good. I think we're on a fast track of some big place. Happened from me? What's the uh? Let's say, isn't it up? It's got to be in what upper forties? Maybe? I think it was like fifty was that hot check?
Speaker 1: You might be right? Let's maybe it was fifty and a half. I got this one at like thirty one twenty seven, fifty three and a half? What's thirty one twenty seven? That's fifty eight? Would bless you? Excuse?
Speaker 4: Would you say it is? It's up fifty three and a half? Okay, so that that fits an eye? I would uh, I mean I would lean towards over. And the line has gone up. Ohio State was favored by five and a half. They are now forever by six.
Speaker 1: In the gambling world, I'm taking Texas. I want Texas to win. If you're just betting, I'm not sure i'd bet bet them. I mean I want it, but I think my BET's safer. I'll take the point. Yeah, if you're offered you you've give me. They now it's getting closer. So these sharp betters are round it. But you know, you still got to play the game right. And I think they're going off Ohio State's complete domina this postseason and they dismantled Oregon and I get it. And quite frankly, Texas had had to fight and scratch for a win against Arizona State, So I get the thought process. You better not let Ohio State use their speed and space, That's all I'm telling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, keep them in a box, right, get pressure on Will Howard. Yep, you'll have a better chance. All right, let's look at the Texans and Chargers. What's the one thing. What's the big flaw for Justin Herbert that the Texans can exploit? That's next?
Speaker 1: Hey, how about Trajan Wealth? How about taking your retirement to a whole new level. You tried to you prepare for a lot of things. Did you prepare for your goals in twenty twenty five was one of them? Fine, if you're in the retirement mode, thinking retirement, even if you're not in it, but preparing for it. And if you're in it, but you need a change because you're saying I want to be a little more secure. I want somebody a little more trustworthy and transparent. I want somebody wants the same thing I want for my portfolio, peace of mind. So have you prepared for that? It's twenty twenty five, and if you're thinking about it, now's a great time to do it. All the things we prepare for and get out in front of storms, Christmas shopping, preparing for vacation, are you doing that for your retirement? Retirement? I know sometimes it feel like it's a cussword, right in truth, it's not. Sometimes you want it, and sometimes you get bored with so you want to stay retired. You have enough money to stay retired. Do you want to do another thing when you're in retirement? Have the money to left over for that? Do you know about risk tolerance? All those things that your portfolio needs guidance on, Even if you're a di wire, we all need somebody who's got a little more expertise than us. And when it comes to retirement, you don't want to ruin all the great things you've done and all the work you've put in in your life and have to every day wake up with, oh my gosh, I'm concerned because I don't trust my financial wealth advisor. Well, right here in Woodlands and Sugarland, it's uh Trason Well tr j A M three four six three seven one thirty three thirty for your free review three four six three seven one thirty three thirty. It's free. Why wouldn't you do it? The only thing you got to lose is missing out on another meeting and not finding the right wealth advisor. Yep, but financial fiduciary, you're their number one priority. It is traswealth dot com. Full peace of mind is what you deserve and it's a good thing in retirement. Trajanwealth dot Com. Trajanwealth dot Com Advisory services off of through trasan Wealth LLC and SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
Speaker 4: Paid advertisement.
Speaker 2: The Shawn Salisbury Show continues.
Speaker 1: Some good football and the Longhorns Man tough sledding. Would Steve Sarkesi and consider another job if they don't know, if they don't win it?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, all This national book about one hundred MILLI about seven hundred MILLI for six Why would you want to go to the NFL? I'll get that, Okay, you're the coach hundred MILLI for six one hundred MILLI for six money talks, That's what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, like, what team. I don't care, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to Jacksonville Well for one hundred for six. I'm not going to one hundred for six. You're not going.
Speaker 1: No, he gets you a nice, big old clapboard house on the East coast right there or the Cape.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just can't, that's true. Yeah, eat some clam chattah. Yeah, got to Fenway pac. The thing is, I don't think he is too because I think with all this the Texas Raises is even raises soundy Moore, and they have an established in IL. They may have more money than a lot of NFL teams. Yeah. See, they have a great collective in NIL. It seems like he has a very good hold on the transfer portal. So those are your two big pieces in today's day and age when it comes to college football. Yeah, he has an ad that supports him. They have the best, some of the best facilities in the country. They have arch Manning coming back. Yeah, I'm probably going to be there for the next two years. Yeah, he can be in position to win national titles. While yeah, well, I don't think he's going either. I just wonder when we say money talks, how much? How loud is it? That's the question. Yeah, and what are you willing to pay?
Speaker 1: Is if? Are you saying, well, Sark's going to change our program meeting our team in the NFL around He's done a hell of a job at UT and it's nice to think about eight to ten years ago where his career was. Yeah, yeah, it was like now he's had great jobs see University of Washington, Alabama, Alabama. But just think about his rock bottom and we're in. It's a great tribute to you when people I always trust people more and I don't know what their rock bottoms are for when you see an athlete or coach, you know, because his was very public. I always trust people more in my life. Did hit rock bottom as opposed to those who've never seen that kind of adversity, Wonder why, because at some point time it will hit you. But the person who's battle tested and you see their character become stronger and stronger.
Speaker 4: I'll ride with those guys all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was one of them, and I'd like to think that people would ride with me too. Before that, but even more so now thinking you know, easy, it's much easier to quit than it is to fight.
Speaker 4: And he was going through he was getting bashed. Yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: And now look ut headed back to back years for chance of the national title, gets great recruits. He seems to have grasped and embraces what's going on with the changes in college football. He may not like it, but he's embracing it. You don't have to like it, but you got to win, and he's doing some good things. I think they got to obviously a real shot to beat Ohio State, more importantly, to continue to accentuate the strengths of that program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's I think I saw some national shows yesterday talking about with Steve Sarkisian or is there a plan for Jerry Jones to not sign back Mike McCarthy and try to go after Steve Sarkisian. Come on, man, why would you want to go be the head coach of Dallas Cowboys with Jerry Jones?
Speaker 1: Because it's the Dallas Cowboys, sarkis and you have to understand them. You're gonna have to live by Jerry's you know, the face of the franchise rules, There's no question to me. I have always said, if you have a top ten college job, this was before nil and collective, But if you have one and he got somebody that the organ you know, the university, and they're backing you and saying we're all in on the nil and collective, and you just go and recruit and do your thing and coach them up. Yeah, I don't know why you'd want to leave a top ten program exactly for an NFL.
Speaker 4: You're going to a.
Speaker 1: Bad team usually, and if they general manager doesn't build it right for you and doesn't give you the proper groceries, they go sign they move on from me and try a different grocery store. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look what's look at Nick Saban in his career. Yeah, one a national title of LSU, goes to where do you go? Dolphin Miami, doesn't succeed there and comes right back and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: Greatest college coach ever. So and that didn't define him. But you know, I'm sure Nick part of him says, I wish I could add more success in the NFL. But remember Colepepper was banged up and heard and they didn't go after Drew Brees. Think how their fortunes may have changed because of the arm and stuff, and now eight million yards later in a Super Bowl, you know, they'll probably look back say it'd have been nice to have Drew Brees. But regardless of that, it's it's just you know, with sark and college jobs. Like I said, if you embrace it, some people like I think, man, what you got to tell the five star and then he may turn and bowl you. You train guys to go other other places, because even the Georgia's and the Texas and they they lose these guys, they leave every year for something different. But he's embraced it. So if you got that and the full support, it would be hard. And the legacy of the team and the name alone allows you. But it's become more money, but they still have what's not the like about all the facilities in which you get going to Austin and where it's at right, it's a great gig.
Speaker 4: So I don't think he is.
Speaker 1: But if I'm him, you just listen and make sure that the world knows why, because that just means a pay race at his university.
Speaker 4: And I think Texas will do that if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Well, the guy's built. The guy's building something too special to to just say, oh, go do your thing, as Texas has found out when Mac Brown left, and you know that at the end of the how difficult it's.
Speaker 4: Been, Yeah, Charlie strong than Tom Herman.
Speaker 1: How difficult it's been to find this again. So you kind of like to keep this momentum going with Steve Sarkisian. But I would imagine you got to listen and they're going to continue to call, and his name's going to constantly come up. Successful coaches always do. Yeah, why why uh why not Kirby Smart? Well, I you know what, why is his name not rumored? Why is Steve Sarkisan? And that's I'm not saying that Steve sarkis is not worthy of it, but Kirby Smart is one of the best to do it too. I know we are hung up on offensive coaches a lot of times. Okay, I could sit here and say, okay, you know the young coaches that are that are people talk about on the defense, Well, think about this cycle. Cliff Kingsbury, Joe Brady, Steve Sarkisian, Ben Johnson, start telling Kellen Moore, think about all these guys day, right, and he's doing a hell of a job, right, And there's other ones, but you get the point. We are we are caught up in the fascination with offensive minds. Is is well, it's palpable. I mean it just that's why I was talking about, you know more given defensive coordinators and opportunity to head coaches, but we think so offensive that you think, well, I gotta go get an offensive guy. The key is higher in the right coordinators for your offense or your defense and being a great CEO and leader as a head coach. But so there you see it. All those guys there, those are the the cycle. Rarely does a cycle of coaches come through where your defensive coach hires as head coaches are going to outnumber the offensive hires. Whether you like it or not. That's just that's that's been fact for a minute. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, the two defensive coaches that are getting pubb with this round of cycle of NFL coaches is Mike Rabel and Aaron Glenn. That's it again.
Speaker 1: And and Vrabel was out of football other than a consultant and helping and as far as full time gig this year. Yeah, and he in the head coach. Are there you have it, and he's already been one once, This isn't new. And even then somebody will still consider hiring an offensive guy over Mike Rabel because it's offense. Well, if he can't lead his way out of the way, can't run his own nose, let alone the team, why would I want an offensive coach that has bad leadership but can call great plays and stay as an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Aaron Glenn declined to interview for the Patriots job. They asked him and he said, no, thanks.
Speaker 1: There you go, and there you go. But and Aaron will get his opportunities, and New Orleans is high on him. But the talk of New Orleans want you to hire coaches that they already have, that would be a red flag for me. Yeah, I'm not interested, whether it's Aaron Glen or anybody else. You should be able to hire your own staff. We said that yesterday. You just if you're going to saddle me with that, then then then if that doesn't go right, then the general manager then you go get fired, not me as the head coach, because those aren't the guys that I wanted to be with me.
Speaker 4: Those aren't my guys.
Speaker 1: But you know, going in, if that's the case and you take the job, then that.
Speaker 4: Is on you, on you. That's exactly right, that's your problem. That is a huge you problem. A right, let's let's talk some texts and and let's talk about the one thing that the Texans can exploit when it comes to Justin Herbert next.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury show continues to continue.
Speaker 4: There is a separation. Yeah, and you can do both.
Speaker 1: I mean you can you know where it's like, man, you know, like, what's so it's a country song? The black dress on the floor. Yeah yeah, what does he say? How's that cut? Go get give you? How's that give you the lines? Because I gotta get you home? Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Yes, and your black dress walking to the front door, s through the front door, seeing your black dress hit the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then he says, like you loving me all night long? Right, So but you walk in, you get picture a little love or you're making love all night you're banging it out Wicky style. I think I think it's a double dip. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think what happens is he's coming home from they went out, come home, and you know, black dress hits the floor. You walk in the door. That's a pin him up against the wall, right, passion love. You know that's your girl, Yeah, where it's right there at the front door. You don't have time to pick it up, right, and then all of a sudden or take anything off. You just slide it to the side and go and doing your thing now that and then all of a sudden you stare into each other's eyes after the you know, after like, well you're used to like fifteen seconds, you know, I mean, I don't know what you did the other twelve not me, me, you're because you're so the woman, You're right, you're so attracted exactly. Yeah, so you know, well you know what that fifteen is like? Yeah, I mean your hell for like four of them, right, So there's that, that's that passionate love. Ben Baby, I'm going to bring everything, and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, that's it, that's what it's what you got.
Speaker 1: But then you carry her into the room and you know, get things settled in and grab some wine or whatever you cigarette, right, and then then I mean you like a like a you know, a twenty year old would you're you're you know, fifteen minutes later after you blue dart them yeah right, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 4: Kicks in for you, Yeah, kicks in.
Speaker 1: You'd blue darted. He doubled down on the blue dart.
Speaker 4: Okay, you wanted to half.
Speaker 1: My favorite is when they say, hey, if you're still you know, if you're still have you know thickness. I mean you're after six hours or eight hours, go see a doctor. It ain't gonna be me that needs to go see the doctor if I eight hours in Okay, so that sounds off. I uh so there's that. Then you make it low. Then you know, it's like that the sun starts to rise and you're holder in your arms and yeah, that's that that there you go, oh yeah you are no. Oh yeah, so you've done both. You you made a little love get down tonight. You did it reverse. You got down when you walked in the door. Because that black dress dress sometimes yeah, when we're role playing, role playing, oh, it's like there's no I mean when I when he puts on a black dress and then granny panties pulled up to his chest.
Speaker 4: Nice, I mean the boy that will get you about bricked up. I mean it is twenty five, but who's counting, all right? Who is counting? Yeah? That makes sense. So she they or him her like.
Speaker 1: We decided the pronouns didn't need to right. Yeah, yeah, we get rid of those. Yeah that's right. It's twenty five kind of got rid. They just kind of poofed away like a lot of other things. Yeah, I just kind of went away, Yeah, like out of nowhere. Yeah, he just went away. Yeah, like the yeah, I say, yeah too soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I was going to make a joke, but it's kind of cruel because what's going on in California.
Speaker 1: So we're not going to do that. So we're not going to do you know, muzzle. But I'm just getting back to make a little uh yeah, get down. So you know, I mean, like I said, yeah, you're more familiar with the you know, the fifteen seconds of the front door say.
Speaker 4: Man, yeah, I mean long side it hurts you. No, it's definitely me. It's definitely me.
Speaker 1: And you know, but if you can love making, yeah, love making, have you never mind?
Speaker 4: I don't know if can we go there?
Speaker 1: You know what if you if you're asking, wait till the break and I'll tell you, Yeah, we should go there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our boss has told me that before. Look, if you if you got to ask, don't say it exactly. Hey, Sean, if you're asking Sean, the best thing to do is just don't say it, because Sean just might have a while here one day'd say, go ahead. No, I always got you protected, right, Yeah, you got the one one time that I know exactly what we were talking about, and I set it on air and then you're like, dude, you're like, Ryan hit the dump. You can't say that. I'm like, wait, what you can't No, I got you, brother, No you can't say that.
Speaker 1: You know what. Just be around somebody who's had experience with all of it. So there you go, you protector.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 4: All right? So okay, so you can't make a little love and you can get down tonight. So I mean, I got that cleared up.
Speaker 1: If you're actually bringing it, yeah, it's not you.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not you know. I just love Fridays, man.
Speaker 1: The best day of the week, best day of the week, work all for work at ten o'clock, you go, but you're still it feels like a three day weekend for us. Yeah, every week, So it's a blessing. I love Fridays. Yeah, and I wouldn't And this time slot, I would. I don't want any other time slot ever in my life. I've had them all. I'm good at ten o'clock my day begins. Oh my day began at three thirty. But I just but the energy goes through the roof. I like the early wake up call, you know. Yeah, sometimes when I'm out and I'm doing you know, push ups in the middle of the street, when I wake up a three thirty in the rain, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Like when it's one hundred and ten degrees and I go out there and I get my hand I want to, you know, get my hands all callous down in the Yeah. Nothing better and good pavement and one hundred and ten degrees on your hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: I went to go walk my dog Opra last night before we got in bed. Dude. It was full horrid and freezing. Oh my god, it was raining so damn hard up in the woodlands. Dude, it was miserable. I let Oprah out. She wanted no part of all. Who does, oh god.
Speaker 1: Who does those dogs that go out and want to stand in the rain and then they take their time, those ones like Kilo, Yeah, come on, big fellow, I know you can weather that storm. And then I got to dry you off for the next thirty n It's okay, Yeah, we don't have a human size blow dryer before the sheets over.
Speaker 4: Usually, man, she usually will go out, doesn't give a damn about the rain. But that rain last night, she walked out, did her business real quick and then was one zero part of it. I don't hate her for it, I said, Oh, I don't want to blame you. Let's get inside, girl, come on cold. It was all right. Let's get in a seven o'clock hour. Gotta talk about this Texans matchup tomorrow. How you feeling Texas fans? You nervous about? Tomorrow? Is gonna be one and done? What's the offensive line gonna do for the Texans? Let's talk about it next in Sportstock seven ninety.
Speaker 2: KD Houston, k t V HD two Houston I hard radio station yea as a Rocket Sports Talk seven, your home for your home team.
Speaker 12: Spray, Oh Houston, Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sean Salsbury.
Speaker 3: To usc trous longtime friend Shawn Salisbury, Ryan.
Speaker 2: Lima, go Lobo. This is the Sean Salsbury Show.
Speaker 4: Rockets beat the Grizzlies. Astros avoid arbitration with all eight of the arbitration eligible players. Texans Chargers wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs tomorrow, Notre Dame takes down Penn State. They're headed to the National Championship. They faced the winner of tonight's Cotton Bowl game, Texas Ohio State up in Dallas. Seven one, three two, seven ninety is the number to join. Al, I know you're pumped up. Good morning, you bet, I am. Congratulations one more.
Speaker 1: What a game, Thank you, Sean, Thank you, what a game. What a game that was. And Sean, you were right all the way down the line.
Speaker 13: You only missed one thing last night. I guess we should have gone with the ober instead of.
Speaker 1: The under right, And I said it'd be right on the cusp. And they they those extra plays that they made in the end where but who cares? Man, I'll take it, you know, three point game and and uh team speed had had everything we talked about with you, Alan and on the show yesterday. So and it was a hell of a football game. It really was. After Tino start, you knew Notre Dame wasn't going away. And man, do I love the way coach Freeman goes about his business. I do. I love it's and I love him. He's so uh uh.
Speaker 13: He's so excitable out there on the field. I mean when these guys when they score, you know, he pumps his fists in the air and he's just he gets the guys. He gets them excited. He keeps them excited out there.
Speaker 1: And there's accountable, yeah, accountability. And there's a reverence for the game about him as well did and and and he deflects anything towards him towards the team in a good way. You know, as a as a good leader, does you stand out in front of him, but you make sure that they get the credit they deserve. I just love his poise and the way he handles it. And they play football the right way. They just do they play football. He's got them. There's a there's a buy in and it's easy to buy into to Marcus Freeman, it just is. And I there's a respect for a guy who's in his late thirties. I believe he's still in his thirties.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, and what a what a what a nice birthday present? But he got the guys. He there's this at thirty nine, you're in there's a little bit of danger when you're a coach of well, am I so close to aging these guys that I'll be their buddy, right And he's got this great ability to it seems to me to respond to make sure that that they know that he's got their back. And he's a you know, former player, and but there's also that respect of he's my coach, So there's this feeling. I feel like he's an old soul with a with a youthful exuberance and to me as a coach, that's there's no better.
Speaker 4: Combination than that.
Speaker 1: That that really when you put the two together and then take care of your business the way he has great leadership does that and he deflects all credit. I'm a huge, huge coach Freeman fan and Notre Dame. At first she wanted to get the right guy. They got the right guy. He is by by far and away. He's gonna have people every year trying to take him away from Notre Dame that he just is.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, did you see last night after the game when they were doing the the trophy presentations in that and the gal that was talking to him mentioned the fact that she wanted to give him credit for the fact that he is the first black head coach to.
Speaker 1: Get to a national championship. And they go.
Speaker 13: To the National championship game and he immediately, you know, he didn't get all puppy. He just said, Hey, I'm not here to take anything away from these kids.
Speaker 1: They just played the heck of a game.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 13: It's an honor what you just said. It's an honor that I appreciate. But I just hope all coaches, white, black, whatever, get the same opportunity that I've gotten.
Speaker 1: Yep, I saw it, and it was Molly McGrath I think, is the one who interviewed him. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Such a classy guy he is.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and while of course you're proud the time you're first, I mean I spent a lot of time.
Speaker 4: Talking to Warren Moon when he got in the hall.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a friend, and how much it meant to him is a you know, first Black Hall of Fame quarterback. It's like, this is really this is awesome, right, But it was also you stand on your merits and the rest of it. He's a great player, a great human who you know, happens to be black, and his perspective on it was phenomenal as the first, and as the first Marcus strange, of course, that's not only great pride, but something that you should love. Anytime you're the first at anything, it's good you're making a difference. But the other part of it is yes, And he said before listen, we want to stand on our merits and you know, proud of your heritage and how you were born, of course, but you never wanted to take away I sure don't take it away from the guy's a good football coach. It has nothing to do with his background. It has a lot to do with his background he was raised and and other coaches and mentors and family, but it has nothing to do the success. And he's made it clear the success and standing on our merits comes first. And I love that. And we know, we know he's black, we could see it, and but his character is you can you know it permeates through the organization and through the school and quite frankly through a country because Mark Marcus Freeman is doing it right. And I couldn't be happier for a guy who has put his team in position and a lot of people questioned them with that first loss, as you mentioned yesterday, they did, and it's a unique ability to after that loss and it's like a devastating one, like here we go again, Notre Dame, where you know, are we overrated? Are people going to question this? And man to write the ship quickly? I know it's a cliche, but he did in a hurry. Man filled with if, man filled with character and proud that he's the first you know, black head coach, I'm sure, and he'll that that'll be something you know, he'll talk about and write books about forever.
Speaker 4: What an honor.
Speaker 1: But he cared that the kids come first for him and it's obvious to see in the school. So I love him. He's gonna have a lot of doors open to him because he's great at what he does and he's a fantastic leader for a guy who hasn't hit forty years old yet.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm excited to have him because he is young. I hope that he can stave off the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yep, me too, and that we can keep him for several years. We need guys like him in college to actually prepare them for what the next step is. Our great stuff man, congratulations brother, and we'll talk again before whoever it's going to be after tonight, whether it's Texas, Ohio State, it'll be a great matchup. We appreciate you, brother, congrats all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 13: You all have a great dan and a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a there's a reverence for the game for Marcus Freeman, but also an energy and when I hear him. I love listening to his interviews pre and postgame. Just his perspective and when you look at him, he's got this smirk. Where they were talking about pregame last night, he as well, those guys over there meeting his like defense, they were talking about defense.
Speaker 4: He goes, they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, and we play at the they play it the right way and they do they fly around and if you haven't noticed, you could put a Oregon uniform on these guys. That's the team speed they're showing. Yeah, I'm going to tell you I could teach a lot of things. You know what you ain't teaching speed stuff. What's the same speed kills? When you execute speed really kills? And look at they weren't pretty on offense, but they just find a way to They're a team that knows how to survive and they did last night. Good on them. And I listen, this is sc guy talking about Notre Dame with the utmost respect. We'll get Goldick on if he can next week talk about his Irish. You know, Mike lives half this year in South Bend. You know he said so affiliated with Notre Dame. So let's give Mike on next week and talk about the national title game. And see I already got him as a guest before we even know.
Speaker 4: He can make it probable.
Speaker 1: We'll make it work. But I want and Michael want to come on because it'll be a really good, proud thing for him to know his team's playing for the national title. And I'm sure he'll be front and center at that game.
Speaker 4: I mean, on offense for Notre Dame, forty two carries on the ground one hundred and sixteen yard. That's an average of two point eight yards per carry. But would I tell you how many times they throw it. They threw it thirty one time. Okay, so that's what seventy three plays. M hm, all right, So let me ask you this. Do I ever say that it's the yards on the ground you get or is it the attempts I'll se attempts. How many did they get forty two? How many Penn State get on the ground forty two? How many they throw? They threw just twenty three times.
Speaker 1: And the one pick just twenty three times. Came down to an unfortunate play at the end for them and a great field goal. So see what I'm saying, Both teams tried to win. We're going into the game doing what running the football, running the football, doing it the right way. More attempts than passes, which means they're doing it the right way. They unfortunately just didn't have the ball ass We could have flipped it and they wouldn't have got a couple extra carries, and that's it. But forty two carries in a game you knew going in what they wanted to do, and actually I assure you that they Notre Dame don't want to throw at thirty plus times, No, and neither did Penn State, and they didn't. Forty two carries is usually good to win. But the only way you get beat like that is when the other team has that many rush attempts as well.
Speaker 4: Two attempts for Penn State two hundred and four yards rushing five yards of carry. Nicholas Singletary fifteen carries eighty four yards. K Tron Allen nineteen carries eighty two yards. Well, doesn't they both ran the football pretty well?
Speaker 1: Does off? Their lines did a great job, but doesn't let me let me go here now. And Penn State's offensive line was better than anybody last night.
Speaker 4: Drew Law only threw for one hundred and thirty five yards.
Speaker 1: Right the week before, I think Riley Leonard Leonard threw for like.
Speaker 4: Eighty yards through ninety and rush for eighty ninety yards.
Speaker 1: Or eighty and rush for ninety whatever it is, under a hundred yards, and they still won. Think about this now, what you just said about those numbers. Penn State forty two carries for how two hundred plus two hundred and four? So does that validate every time I make bring the statistic up that if it was the yards, wouldn't of Penn State won? Yeah? They both had forty two attempts two yards of carry. The attempts, yep, the attempts. The attempts. I'm going to tell you tonight unless something freaky happens, which dozen games on a regular basis, the team that runs the ball more is more than likely winning the game. And it's not anymore. Well, they're killing the clock, they don't do no, no, no. They're playing fast and furious, but they're not afraid to run it on third and seven. Yeah, keep an eye on the attempts. It'll be the aberration if a team runs eighteen times then throws forty five and wins. If they run forty and throw it twenty seven. That team who dominates that category regardless of the yards, and you're looking at the team more than likely that's going to the national championship.
Speaker 4: And that also goes into the Texans game. When it comes to rushing attempts.
Speaker 1: Run fifteen times this week and to try. I assure you the Chargers are going to run the football whether you want it, whether they get stopped three in a row, three series in a row, they will run it. But the key to this one too is you better contain Herbert's sneaky legs because they can hurt you in a big way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is no doubt.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the stake out next right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: This is Sports Talk seven ninety Home of the Rockets, Astros and the best line up in Houston sports. No back to Sean Salisbury. All right, Sean, what are you hearing out there now? The Salisbury's takeout, Salisbury's takeout on the Sean Salisbury Show.
Speaker 4: It's time for the steak out here on the Sean Salisbury Show. Sean Browne and Tripoli Rockets beat the Grizzlies. Astros avoid arbitration with all of their eight eligible players. Texans Chargers tomorrow, wild Card round of the playoffs. Notre Dame beats Penn State, Texas, Ohio State tonight in the Cotton Bowling Dallas. All right for the steakout, Well, you were just talking about it off air, and that's what I was gonna have for the steakout. The rodeo lineup for Houston Rodeo Houston lineup excuse me, released yesterday last night. You ready to go through it? Let's go ahead and turn that mic on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ready to go through it? Yea.
Speaker 4: I was talking to myself, That's what I'm you are. Yeah, would you say?
Speaker 1: Can't you?
Speaker 4: Starts on Tuesday, March fourth, Reba McIntyre.
Speaker 1: So you want us to rate each guest is a you want to put a number of yea, let's do it one out of ten just for Legacy's sake and the rest. We give me a nine to four for Reba. Yeah only five? Yeah, yeah, no doubt. Uh number five.
Speaker 4: You asked me about this guy yesterday, Riley Green making his Rodeo Houston debut.
Speaker 1: Is Ella Langley gonna Joe show up with him?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming maybe a little parents.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Riley Green right now as he continues to rise the ladder when I say raise the game and rise up, Yeah, give me an eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, I probably give him like a seven. Not there yet, that's it's getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, guy. Sometimes sometimes we overdraft.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: Thursday, March sixth A j R. I have no idea who the hell A j r.
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: Well, one of my favorites, but we can't them a grade yet because we don't know who they are.
Speaker 4: I don't know the triple. Do you know who A j r?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: Never heard of them? Look a j R? Yeah it do I say the.
Speaker 1: Genre that night?
Speaker 4: Or just it's just a j R.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Three basic white guys.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Well, is it like eight m or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know who cares. Next they'll be they may be great, So maybe you want to go.
Speaker 4: And then you have Friday, March seventh, bun Bee's Birthday bonanza. Ye, it's a ten. That's definitely ten. You know there's gonna be some they'll be jamming and rock. Yeah, there's gonna be some some good, good, uh good artists there for that. There always is. Saturday the eighth, Bailey Zimmerman.
Speaker 1: Sneaky good, got some good stuff. I like Bailey Zimmerman. But I'm gonna go seven because it's just really semi unknown. Seven. Yeah, there's a lot of room to grow. There a lot of tie ceiling for Bailey Zimmerman.
Speaker 4: Sunday the ninth, Uh, Karine Leon. Why do you got to say his name like that? Well?
Speaker 1: Hey, is that is that un It is?
Speaker 4: Indeed? Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, it being the fact that we've really elevated tehanod Tuesday on this show, I'm going ten for the community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, we've elevated it around here. Monday the tenth, Brad Paisley.
Speaker 1: I'm a Paisley fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd comes every year.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna highest grade him to date, ninety seven.
Speaker 4: I'm giving him like a six. Get out of here. I love Brad Paisley, but dude, a lot of good music. Yeah I know, but damn dude, he comes every year like it's changed it up.
Speaker 1: Oh so, is that I'm judging him? Or am I judging him by his talent and his game?
Speaker 4: How are you judging him? I'm judging by talent, game, not but how many times he's been here, I'm gonna it's all encompassing for me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've never seen him in concerts, No, I have, so Paisley, you know, he and Reba in that nine to five range together. I'm judging him by how he performs on what kind of I like a lot of his music. I don't know if he's in here on a regular basis, Well then that's just so. Then why'd you vote the bun Bee's regular here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's got way better music.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well then there you go, there you go. But you see it every year. You just said it every year, though, I mean, I don't know you see bun Bee's part of this every year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, but you also said you like Paisley's music, and now you want to you want to get that six the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: That's right, hyperbolic bf BArch eleventh. It's a Tuesday Zach Top up and coming phenomen You know.
Speaker 1: What he is. He's the guy who's a fast rye. He you got. You picked him around fifteen, and after his rookie year, you're putting in the top five in his position. Zach Top fantastic is I'm going to give him just because he hasn't been out there enough. Give me a Zach Top at about an eight eight right now with a chance next year to be in the rarefied air category at the at the at the at the rodeo.
Speaker 4: His music reminds me of like nineties in early two thousands country like the good stuff, got a little old soul. Yes he does really good. Number two on November twelve, but on the twelfth Lauren Daegel little uh.
Speaker 1: She got a little Christian stuff behind her too. That's a that's by her side. You know, she's a Christian, a little country Christian.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, right, she's got good music.
Speaker 1: How she does, she's she's a solid eight and a half.
Speaker 4: Then you have on the thirteenth, and I might be cheating her because she's got a great voice. She does have a great she's got really good she's a very, very very artist.
Speaker 1: Yes she is.
Speaker 4: John Party, March thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian's in this too, right, Luke Bryan. You'll get to him, but he's in it, right. Can we think can they get a duet together while they're there and go Cowboys and Plowboys?
Speaker 4: And I hope not.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be awesome if they both, If they go Cowboys and Plowboys, let's tend them up. You gotta go ten. Uh Party. I'm a big John Party fan. Yeah, good music. Yeah, I'm gonna go eight five eight eight six eight seven. But I think I might be cheating Party. I like his voice and his music, and you've got some enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: Give me party at a high eights Friday to the fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Journey ten. Yeah, we're going back in time. And that's a that's a that's a legacy right there. That's old school Journey. I am all in, dude, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. On my birthday March fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so get we're going. That's the highest ranker right now. Journey just for their just it's Journey. Yeah, we're gonna take the journey with him, Warren Ziders. Do you know much about it?
Speaker 4: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, he's got some bangers and they all He's got some bangers that have been coming fast and furious. Really, Warren Zeyders is a he is a he's he's he's a riser like Zach toppis. So you're gonna Zyder's solid mid eight with with he's a rising star.
Speaker 4: Sunday the sixteenth, Gonoda is group O front Thera.
Speaker 1: Well, can't you say groupo fronto like I do? I just expect, so it's it's GROUPO Fronterra groupo front Thera, Yeah, front Theta. Yeah, that's got to be raising that sure does now say it like say it like I'd say it group Frona. Yeah, just really paying respects. But you want to get into.
Speaker 4: Character with the like you're right, No, I just that's Oh it's when I when I enunciate hispanic, you're putting groups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean character, it's just what I do. It could kind of be racist. Not really. No, I look at as your paying respect.
Speaker 4: To the community exactly to my p what's you're rating on them? Uh?
Speaker 1: Nine three.
Speaker 4: There you go. One of my favorite groups in my playlist, Saint Patrick's Day. Monday the seventeenth, Charlie Crockett. I have no idea who Charlie.
Speaker 1: I can't Charlie's an incomplete for me because I don't know a lot about Charlie Crockett. I know the name I couldn'tname if you said, is this a Charlie Crockett, so I wouldn't know what it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know much about him. I don't either. Tuesday of the eighteenth, post Malone, Come on.
Speaker 1: Dude, probably be a couple. There might be a couple of collabs. To the place is going to be not only a ten, but he also is compassion and twenty thousand dollars hip automatically takes him to a ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like post Malone. Wednesday the nineteenth Old Dominion underrated. Ohd you's got some good cuts. Yeah, solid eight. Yeah, that's good. Thursday the twentieth Cody Jinks really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say I kind of put him in the Old Dominion. Solid eight for me.
Speaker 4: Friday the twenty first, Parker McCollum, local guy guy that that that holds some water, right, Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ha eight eight eight eight to ten somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The twenty second, it's a Saturday Brooks and Done. That's a ten solid Brooks and Done. And maybe you get an appearance by jelly Roll, probably with the song believe ye really it's a this banger's on fire right now. So maybe jelly Roll makes an appearance with Brooks and Done, Brooks and Dun's and no Brainer. And then the twenty third, the last day of the rodeo, shutting it down, Lucas, Brian.
Speaker 1: Lucas, Bryant, Brian Britt drank beer. Hey what then a country song came on? You got Where are you Going? I'm a i'm an eight five to nine for Louke. That's high ratings. Right, He's got some cheesy songs, definitely everything but but him and this right right, like a rodeo Hall of Famers. Yeah, year, Okay, So the Mount Rushmore, the thing is bun Bee's like the chairman of the board, so he like runs the whole thing. So you gotta go Riba in your Mount Rushmore of all time, this group post Malone in the Mount Rushmore of the groups that are showing up Paisley.
Speaker 4: No, okay, you're not because he's been there too long or just not a time. I just like journey of his music, but I just feel like his performance this kind of riba. It's Riba journey, Journey Malone, post Malone, and probably Brooks and Done. That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: There, there you go with some guys that are with Paisley, and.
Speaker 4: I would say Parker's right down the local. I would say Zach Tops Rising, he's got to be there, right problem L two and three Seeds, Yeah, yeah, no argument with the one. It's a really good lineup, man. It is like it was a It is better than last year. It is better than last year. It's a really good lineup. Like it now, Okay, wow, we got to go to break. We'll talk about it. Af fair. I was to say, who would you go see? But you know, it depends on the day. Like I would like to go see Park mccam on a Friday. I would love to go see Zach top but it's on a Tuesday. I gotta wake up early.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You know you can't be down at Energy stadiumnless you're staying in a hotel motel holiday inn.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, when you're a girl starts acking up, just take a friend. M hmm, that's when your girl starts acking up, then you take her friend. I say, skip jib What can I say? The song is that? Yeah? Then that the sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight, I said, a hoe tail mo tail Holiday.
Speaker 4: Oh I was thinking over starts up. Yeah, then you take her friend sple come back with that song.
Speaker 1: Well you have triple at the sugar Hill Gang. Yeah, yeah, Rappers Delight is what we call it Friday. So yeah, Hey, have you ever been over a friend's house deep when the food just ain't no good? Where the macaroni salad? Saw the macaroni soggy, the peas are mush, and the chicken taste like wood.
Speaker 4: No, it has never been anybody's else that same song, Rappers Delight. Okay, well we'll come back with that because I'm not picking up what you're putting down on that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, but but the baby, but we're still friends. Are you a wonder mic guy or a big bank hank? Big Bank hank uh died over the last couple of years. Big banks look do do do some research, big big bank Hanks.
Speaker 4: Thank, Let's see he died in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: There you go, I said a few years. I see it's a big bank. It's going fast because I remember when he passed away. Sugar Hill Gang got sugar Hill Gang, you got Big Bank Hank, you got wonder mic dude.
Speaker 4: He was only fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, big bank man. Tough sliding, But you've never been over a friend's house deep and the food just ain't.
Speaker 4: No good, no, no, my friends can cook. What about the macaroni? Was it soggy?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 4: I hope not. And the chicken taste like wood I am eating peach either. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he's just cut I used to know every single word.
Speaker 4: To this cut. Well, let's uh, we'll get that. We'll get that fired.
Speaker 1: Up for me in about eighty million others because this was the cutback. This and a little Curtis blow we are these are the breaks. Remember Curtis Blow know he is no curse. Blow is all right, good luck. Let's talk some Texans. Big matchup tomorrow, wild card round. We got to talk about the advantages the offensive line has for the Texans.
Speaker 2: Next, the Shawn Salisbury show continued, Derek Singley Junior First Team voted on by his peers, well deserved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the highest.
Speaker 1: That's the highest team, I mean individual honor you get as a group, all pro players vote on it.
Speaker 4: You had the second team All Rookie Defense, Kaylen Bullock and Kamari Lassiter both making that second time. Bullock not on the first team. I don't know. I don't know Kaylen Bullock. Uh he was number one in interceptions among all rookies, number one in takeaways, number one in passing raider rating allowed, second in catch catch rate over expected, and third in coverage e p A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an All Rookie team. I don't know how he's not. Uh, how he's not on the first team. But this is a there's think about this now. Lasster obviously rewarded for how he plays Bullock when Petrie's back, right, and then Stingley, that's one of the best young secondaries.
Speaker 4: On the planet. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 1: There is no doubt and that is a that that's that's saying something.
Speaker 4: And then they've got the edge rush guys, Will Anderson, d'anil hunter. Uh So I teased it earlier in the seven excuse me, six o'clock hour. One thing that the Texans defense can exploit when when it comes to Justin Herbert so Usin Herbert had the second fewest interceptions this season. I'm on quarterbacks, but when he is pressured, his completion rate drops all the way down to fifty four percent. All three of those interceptions were under pressure. His passer rating also drops down below eighty percent.
Speaker 1: I think you're probably going to find that that's the way it is for most quarterbacks, that when pressure hits, things go down. Yet what's odd is it usually is man dea man coverage or you know you're getting single coverage, and you think it'd be easier to deliver the ball one on one because you get more wins. The problem is do you have enough time to deliver the football? And I think that happens to a lot. Now, some may thrive in it, you know, if you're using your feet too, But just on the past percentage, I would imagine the majority of the league takes a little step back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The mere mortals may not. You know, I don't know about Burrow and Lamar Jackson when they're going, but I would say that the majority of them there's a step down when it comes to pressure because well, you can make the big plays, but if it's not perfectly executed, the balling's up on the ground or somewhere else, yeah, or you're getting hitting the mouth in the backfield.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And for Daniel Hunter and Will Anderson, I saw stat yesterday both of them had more have more than ten sacks each. It's like the first time in like fifty years that a team has had two defenders to rush, two edge rushers with more than ten sacks each. Yeah. I had him at twenty five this year. Where are we at with them? Let me go double check that I.
Speaker 1: Picked him, and I said, twenty five sacks between the two. How close did we get.
Speaker 4: Let's see, in a regular season you might probably close or dead on. Let's see defensively, Come on, we got Bill Anderson and Danny Hunter close. Daniel Hunter twelve, Will Anderson eleven, so twenty three, so just two off, and they're still you know.
Speaker 1: By the time, maybe by the time this game's over, there'll be twenty five, even though it's a postseason. So that's and I don't listen, that's not maxed out for though. No, that's the first year together. Will Andser was hurt for a couple games. That's their first year together. You can raise that three four more sacks as you continue going. You're looking at guys that are both capable of fifteen sacks each in a season, which is saying something.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of pressure on a quarterback. Yeah, and they're gonna have to get to him because against zone he's deadly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, justin Herbert does not turn the football over and he does not miss very often against zone. He let him set his feet, but there is that feeling of I would mix, I would make sure I got him on the edge a few times, because I think you challenge the edge if I'm the Chargers, and put a little pressure on those perimeter guys to make sure they keep their outside arm free so he doesn't get outside that pocket, because if he does, he is more dangerous and deadly than you think at six six.
Speaker 4: About two forty. Yeah, he's a big, physical sure is. Let's let's look at the offensive line for the Chargers. There is one particular lineman that has been really, really good into Neil Hunter and Will Anderson Junior gonna have to attack and let's talk about that next on Sports Talk seven ninety. But before we get to that, it's time for the Specs Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods Pick of the Week and Drink of the Week. And the pick, of course, is gonna be your Houston Texans taking on the Chargers in the AFC wild Card Round of the playoffs. The Texans are an underdog. Give me the Texans plus three at home.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud obviously with Nicocollins and the rest of them. Give me, yeah, give me the Texans plus three. Drink of the Week is gonna be the Texas Chilton. It's Western Sun Texas Vodka. It's one and a half ounces of that Western Sun vodka, juice of two Lemons, White Rock club soda. It's really really good, really tasty, easy to make, easy to drink, and that's gonna be the drink of the week. It's that Texas Chilton. You can get all of the ingredients from Spex online dot Com. Spex Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods. Four time National Retailer of the Year, It's a Texas family owned destination for selection and savings since nineteen sixty two. It's your one stop shop with literally thousands of wine spirits and beers at every day lower prices. Voted Houston Press Best of for over ten years. So if you're looking to step up your cocktail game, get insider info on seasonal releases or order online for same day delivery. Just go to Specs online dot com because the fun starts here. You can freshen up your seasonal cocktails, your gourmet foods, and your expert advice at your local Specs. Visit Specs online dot com for a ton of recipes handpicked by the Specs mixology experts themselves for all of your game day needs, your party needs, or just a night where you want to relax and drink some wine. Get everything you need from Spex, Wine, spirits and Finer Foods.
Speaker 13: We want to wait.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury continues on seven ninety biscuit.
Speaker 15: Good morning, yes, sir, and what's happening to my brothers? Up? Hey?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 15: See, let me let me ask little lima, this little lima, what's your favorite Curtis Blow song?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, let me let me let me. I don't know many.
Speaker 1: Machine the world.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's it man, that's my song.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 15: Man, If you rule the world, what you love all the girls? Yeah, that's the song I'm gonna stopplema, I'm gonna stop messing with you.
Speaker 16: Uh hey, but that that rappers delight, man.
Speaker 15: That's that's the song that started rap off. You know, I don't you know, just for history to say that's that's uh the song that they is going on record as the first official rap song that started that whole John hip hop and rap music song. That that's that's the old school there, like John say that song. You put that song on that party.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 15: You almost had to get a water break.
Speaker 1: After this, right, yes, absolute, yeah.
Speaker 15: Hey, but uh, Sean and I'm a I'm a I'm a big Indiana guy, you know. But I was watching the Rockets last night, man, I was you know, I was flipping back and forth. But I had to see the end of that game man. And and for the young team to finally because they almost choked it off again.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 15: Uh, I don't know, Jalen Green want to be better than late in the game, man, And that's that's the next level for the Rockets. If Jayalen Green because he was throwing some passes, I was like, man, some of my AU teams will throw you know, I'm like, what ye.
Speaker 1: Got to you gotta you gotta poise yourself and be a better closer, no doubt.
Speaker 15: In the in the clutch, you know, last two to three minutes. You know, he played a good game. But in the clutch, we're gonna need you to come through because they can take the ball out of saying gone hand, which they did last night late in the game. They they immediately doubled him, so he got to get off of it. And so now we need somebody to come through. And Van Fleet end up hitting that little pull up jumper to give them a little distance that they needed or whatever. But hey, the young team is Stanley growing, Sean, Stanley growing.
Speaker 4: They are fun to watch people out. Yeah, I mean some injuries.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, so I think Notre Dame do Sean. Hey man, I'm telling you trying to give you barbershop talk.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 15: It was hard for brothers to pool for Notre Dame after what they did to Tyrone Willingham.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Tyrone Willingham was on my staff. And when I say my staff, when I was playing in Minnesota, he was our running back. He was our running back coach. One of my favorite people of all time. I loved I loved Ty. He was you talk about a guy he beat the players out there exercise and stuff. Ty Willingham is one of my favorite people I've ever been around on the you know, in my career, and I was blessed to have him as our coach for a handful of years.
Speaker 15: Right and so with that, but now with Freemen and everything, you know, the Brothers is coming back around, you know, pulling for Notre Dame again, and we'll see what the Irish do in the championship game.
Speaker 1: Man, they know how to survive and and and finish games out though.
Speaker 4: Got to give them credit for that.
Speaker 1: Man, they really do they they are survivors in this thing because it doesn't look pretty, but they get it done right.
Speaker 15: And they don't they don't beat themselves.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: That's the thing that Notre Dame looked like.
Speaker 1: Yep, Rare we talked about it. Yes, I said, they're they're gonna get beat usually these two teams, and in Notre Dame especially, they're they're going to do it right. You're gonna have to really beat them. And unfortunately a couple of turnovers for you know and place for Penn State at the end couldn't tackle a guy left him run free, and then on the offensive side thrown that late interception. Those are the things that at the end of games, Notre Dame has been able to guard against, even though hell they threw an interception on the left side and almost put themselves in a buy and got it to a tie game. But yeah, I uh, Notre Dame does finish. Let me go back to basketball real quick before I let you go. Do you do you want? I mean, I was thinking about you and the Jimmy Butler talk kick. Do you want?
Speaker 4: Do you want Butler in the building?
Speaker 15: No, sir, No sir, no sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why why disrupt this right now?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you got young guys growing, and we're not going in the championship here this year, no way. So let's let's let the young guys grow. I mean they do. I think they do need another player, but not a Jimmy Butler type. They need a personality a little too strong for this group, maybe too strong, yeah, you know, and and he's probably gonna demand the ball. We need to keep singing and Jalen being the stars, and we just need some people to support them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you're looking for some glue guys that come in and take care of.
Speaker 15: Some exactly uh, somebody like a Dreamond Green type, but not Dreamond Green per se Dmond Green type.
Speaker 1: Do a little bit of everything good. Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 15: Come off the bench, pass the ball, round, play defense.
Speaker 1: Plus you'd have to give up, you'd have to give up some of these guys to go get Jimmy Butler, and I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no, not at all. I'll tell you the guy that may be on the move o Sean and me and Matts. I'm gonna Carl Ross to day and remind him of it. But Cam Widmore may be on the move, man, because he ain't you know, he ain't fitting in the program, Sean. And if they playing Tate over you, we more need to look in the mirror, man, because see this economy, folks be getting minutes with Easton and all them out and if you can't beat out Tate, it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Think about how we felt about him and Biscuit, thank you very much for the uh for the call brother good stuff. Think about how we felt about what we thought that he could end up being as good as any of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems like he's he's upset with his minutes. He had an awkward press conference, but it's also showing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it shows any and that's the one where you got to you got to get through it. See how quickly if you don't get buy in or you don't buy in, how you can get left behind, especially in basketball minutes and then you start to lose card. Look at Jabari Smith was starting to come around right, doing the things that when you drafted him as a three and D guy. Yeah, but I thought Whitmore to be better at the stage of his career.
Speaker 4: So he's one game, he'll drop eighteen in a couple of minutes played like last night he had ninety. Is what you're looking at, and then he has like he's he's he gets upset. There was some like leaked audio or not audio, like some lilippering of Jalen Green explaining how Cam Whitmore was pissed off on the bench a couple of nights ago and shoved him. Uh, you're just seeing some like just not justs sgruntled, but he just he looks upset every time he's out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't mind if you're pissed. Yeah, but you got to you gotta make sure that it's filtered towards, you know, towards the team stuff. You just can't let that stuff affect you got to compartments, deal with didn't be as pissed as you want when you get home or event however you want. But then you've got to you've got to be able to set those your grievances with your playing minutes or the organization and go do your thing.
Speaker 4: Because he's a talented player. Shngoon last night thirty two points, fourteen rebounds, Fred van Vlit twenty two points, uh Jalen Green twenty seven points. Shin Gooon deserves more national love. They tell man, he's really good. Gosh, dang. I mean every single night the guy's given you. And this was.
Speaker 1: Against one of the best teams in the West and the Memphis Grizzlies. Yeah, this this team's finally turned a corner. Yeah, and they absolutely have. They won one nineteen to one fifteen. No, they're not, they're not gonna they're They're like Biscuits said, and I agree there, they're not. They're not gonna win a championship this year. But they're not far away from being a team you better be talking about in a championship and you can see it, man, no doubt. It's amazing what a coach will do to change things around in a hurry when you put accountability on players.
Speaker 4: Twenty five and twelve, the Rockets are get into the eight o'clock hours, seven pet three two point two five, seven ninety. We'll get to everybody out on the phone lines. It's on hold. Continue uh to look into the Texans and Chargers game tomorrow. There is a guy on the offensive line that's gonna be a problem for the Texans defense. Who is it? We'll discuss the next right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. But before we get to that, Aqueduct Plumbing locally owned, family owned and operated, friendly and honest and when people are working on your home, that's your biggest asset. You want transparency, you want honesty, and you don't want hidden charges. Well, Aqueduct Plumbing is going to provide that they provide free estimates, no hidden charges that some of these other companies are going to tack on, and they will tackle any job that you need, whether it's large or small, like foster repairs, drainage issues, tankless water heaters, tunnel jobs, or a big one in whole house repiping. They do commercial, they do residential and new construction, and that whole house repiping. They are the experts here in Houston, and they've completed thousands of these jobs. And with that repiping, they've got PEX piping that's not going to burst in a freeze. And that means you have peace of mind that your most valuables asset, which is your home, will not be without water or subject to very costly restoration results from leaks. Speaking of leaks, they have leaked detection. They've got remodels and sewer jobs. So check them out online. Aqueduct Plumbingcompany dot com. Aqueduct Plumbing Company dot com two eight one four eight eight six two three eight the best in the city. Transparent, friendly, honest, family owned, family operated. It's Aqueduct Plumbing two eight one four eight eight six two three eight for all your plumbing needs. Aqueduct Plumbing Companies at your Disposal.
Speaker 2: Ad E Houston at EHD two Houston, iHeart Radio station and the Rocket is Sports Talk seven ninety your Home for your Home Teams Salisbury Oldbury, Salisbury, Houston, Okay.
Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Sean Salisbury to usc true longtime friend. Shown Salisbury, brianl Lima, Go Lobos.
Speaker 2: This is the Sean Salsbury Show.
Speaker 4: John Salisbury, Brian Limamanuel Elmore. Rockets beat the Grizzlies. Astros avoid arbitration with all eight eligible play. There's Texans Chargers tomorrow wild Card round of the NFL playoffs. Notre Dame headed to the national title after beating Penn State last night, and they will face the winner of Texas and Ohio State to play tonight in Dallas. Seven seven eighties the number to join. Let's get right out to the phone lines. JW. Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How are you doing.
Speaker 4: We're good, buddy. What's on your mind?
Speaker 17: It's a lot warmer where you're at. I'm up here in Bloomfield at Missouri and it's snowing like crazy.
Speaker 4: What's the temp up their way?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 17: Seventeen degrees.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 17: I'm waiting to get loaded and I'm probably gonna sit till this stuff clears up some What my question is, what's your opinion of the of the Chargers Texans game tomorrow? Do you think that they've got a chance in beating them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think they have a legitimate chance. They're playing at home. They've got a defense that will keep them in the game, meaning the Texans. They've got explosive pass rush, which you're going to need, and pressure. They've got the potential of a quarterback and playmaking playmakers that can you know, getting a shootout if necessary. We haven't seen much of it. My biggest concern is will that offensive line and the different looks that the Chargers are going to give them zone and man, will they be able to deal with those pressures, especially early so Stroud gets a good look at throwing the football. Yeah, they got a chance. I like the Chargers in the game right now, less I'm changing. I think the Chargers physicality and their defense is going to be a problem. And I just think that I've seen too much inefficiency and some I haven't seen the Texans sustain a great offensive game against a good team yet this year. I know I'm about for four quarters of domination offensively. So do I think they can? Yes, if you're asking me, if I bet them, I wouldn't. I would take the Chargers. But then again, this is an equal I think it's a close one. Score game. I do. I think it may be a last possession game. But I, as we said today, like the Chargers right now, I just think that they're going to run it and their defense is going to be a difference in Herbert's feet may be a difference in this game as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 4: Yep. I rightfully so too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know the pressure of a game goes up, so and maybe their blood pressure will go down, meaning the Texans, and they'll play their best game. But over seventeen games, you kind of figure out who somebody is. And they've not been able to sustain great offense for four quarters. They're going to have to do more of that when the playoffs, and they're going to have to do that to get out of this one.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 1: Stay warm, man, safe travel, JW, be careful man. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's talk to Clay. Hello Clay, good morning.
Speaker 7: Oh. I have a question about Raams Vikings game. I mean, obviously with the Wild Stars in Los Angeles, they can't play at that stadium, But I guess I don't understand the logic of leaving California to go to Arizona. I mean, are there no other football stadiums in California they could play at? Or is it about I mean, I realized that'd be kind of weird to play in San Francisco, but there's that rivalry. But I'm just wondering your thoughts, or maybe even just go to Minnesota. But anyway, I wanted to know your thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: Hey, appreciate you, Clay, thank you very much. Yeah, in truth, the last thing you said should have been how it is that it shouldn't be the four division winners. I mean, wouldn't be absurd. We've seen it before. A less than five hundred team hosted a playoff game. We've seen that happen as a division winner. The truth is, we need to change rule. Just like in college, give me the four best teams as the top four seeds, and the top two get the buy and everybody the other two get home field advantage. Whether you know, at fourteen and three shouldn't be going on the road to play rams team that won their division. I mean I under the rule, yeah right, Like I can't stand it though. I don't like that, so they actually should be playing just like in truth, the Chargers should be playing at home. Well, they wouldn't be playing at home this week because they would have had to move that too. But the reason why Arizona's got a great facility. They're equipped for big moments in big games. There's plenty of places to stay. And in La where I mean, where are you gonna go? I guess you could go to Vegas play there, but you never know what the weather. You control the temperature because it's an indoor facility as well.
Speaker 4: In Glendale they have these.
Speaker 1: They're part of the RODA with the Fiesta, all those things that go on in Super Bowls where I mean, I guess you could go to the Rose Bowl. But right now with all the fires, you're not going to the Rose Bowl because that's still in LA. So as you go further up, you're not going down to San Diego. They don't have a facility for you. Orange County, you're not going to Angel Stadium for it. Then you start to work your way up more and so there's in central California where you're going, and then you work up to northern California and it's still California and the weather, even though you don't care, it's playoff weather. It's not a home field advantage for the Ram even even though it should be in Minnesota. Yeah, you know, not a home field advantage for the Rams going up and playing in San Francisco and then to change and just hotel everything about it warm weather. The two spots that make the most sense would be Vegas in Glendale.
Speaker 4: There's no question.
Speaker 1: And Glendale you can contain the way, you know, it's a little more space out there and stuff. I I I this is this was the natural place to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, like I said, it's either Vegas or Glendale, and it should be just kind of makes sense that to go tole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still a little you know, it's a home game for the Rams, but in truth, you know, that takes that part away. But everybody that was going to go there, they'll probably want to get out of LA right now if if you know, with the circumstances and probably need that RESCP, but to get away and take it, you know, deep breath after what's going on there. So I don't think it's a major disadvantage for either team. Matter of fact, the Rams obviously would like to be playing in front of their fans, but those tickets are going to transfer just fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I would. I would assume that there's plenty of rams fans just right down the road, and.
Speaker 1: No questions is it's is five hour drive too from l it's over six hours max. It'll be fine. But there, Hey, mother nature, you can't control it, seal, you'd deal with it. I would. I hope they do switch it at some point time. Now in the NFL they may not, But don't you want the four best records to have the four best opportunities to AFC NFC and then AFC NFC home field advantage.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's absurd that the Vikings are fourteen and three and have to go on the road. On the road. Yeah, that's weird. Now I get the structure. I get that it's been like this for forever, but man, but we can change it.
Speaker 1: You get the structure, but the fact of the matter is the structure doesn't get it right. Two of these teams should not be at home, the Texans and the the UH Vikings. The Vikings and the Chargers should be playing at their place. Ironically, both of LA and I run. Then you'd have to find a you know, if the Vikings were playing at home, then you would not deal with it, and then LA would be playing the Rams and the and the Texans would be playing I mean the charge in the Texan were playing Glendale, right, So I bet you, I'll bet you, I'll bet you two bits that the college football playoff next year is not the four teams that have the best records are not going to get the top four seats.
Speaker 4: It's going to be the four best team best teams. Yeah, right, it'll be changed.
Speaker 1: Ohio State, Oregon, Texas, and Georgia would have been your.
Speaker 4: One seats this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no disrespect to a really good Arizona State and Boise State team, but they didn't deserve to be playing.
Speaker 4: At home and they did not deserve that first round by.
Speaker 1: Right, So they'll change that. The question is while the NFL get on board and just say listen, we're going to do it the right way. Yeah, a fourteen and three team that played in a tougher division should not be going on the road to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I think we'll see that change for sure. There you go, hey, real quick, before we get to break the offense. One of the offensive tackles for the Chargers, Joe Alt, great football player, He's only allowed two or fewer pressures in fifteen out of the sixteen regular season games that he's played in.
Speaker 1: I would say that he's one of your best tackles in the league.
Speaker 4: And he is.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know how to play yet, he's a rookie. Yeah, my god, what a great pick and what a great player.
Speaker 4: Only two or fewer pressures in fifteen out of sixteen games.
Speaker 1: Yeah my god, that's a guy who gets it. Good football player.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna have to attack him, meaning Daniel Hunter and Will Anderson Junior also going to have to bring in different Bliss packages. I mean, that's that's pretty damn impressive. Rookie, any help will handle himself. Yeah, it's yeah, very impressive. Yeah, I saw that stat yesterday. Has to damn dude. The offensive line's kind of underrated for the Chargers football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're, they they've they've they've loaded up there. That'll be the staple of their team as they move forward. Big fellows, moving piles. Yeah, yep, no doubt in the quarterback. Let's hear from Will Anderson Junior. We got some audio.
Speaker 4: He talked about going up against Joe and that offensive line for the Chargers. That's next in Sports Talk seven to eighty.
Speaker 1: Let the celebration start.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury, Sean Southbury show.
Speaker 4: Else we've been doing it all season. They went ten and seven. It's like Sean and I hit our predictions.
Speaker 1: Yeah how many? How many?
Speaker 4: How many times did they ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But how many times they beat a plus five hundred team?
Speaker 4: Once? Hey, look who who makes Who's count? Yeah exactly, Okay, just make so that's what you want to do. You want to put out a pole?
Speaker 1: No, no, why not because because you're because they'll say, yes, play it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I think people actually, I think people are split. I think they're indifferent. I think it freaking blows. Well I know that. That's why we play it. So hey, you you you do you Triple ninety two will play it? Yeah, I know, yeah, we got to managing blows triple And you don't have to tell me.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 4: Do we play Plowboys and Cowboys and that song blows.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and Plowboys? Yeah, exactly, But you know it's better than that song. It's even better than that song. Better, it's better than Cowboys and plow Cowboys and Plowboys. Cowboys blows that song.
Speaker 4: Away Cowboys and Plowboys is better than Chicken Fried and that song sucks.
Speaker 1: But you really think this is a good You think this is a good idea to play this cup?
Speaker 4: Yes, what's the name of it?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 4: It's football time in Houston. At the very least, we could have fun with it.
Speaker 1: I'm not having any fun.
Speaker 4: I know there's a couple of There could be a lot worse things that we're doing his careers, so we're gonna have a little fun.
Speaker 1: With But there could be no worse song or segment.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: You remember the oiler song? Yeah, that's that's the worst song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But they're no longer here, so they're when they're defunct, right, But that's fun Houston. So let's make that song diffo.
Speaker 4: God, that song is absolutely terrible, all right, And the fact that people used to jam that with pom poms, shame on you, nerds. Hey, ten grand in your hand right now? Uh huh? Can only bet it one way? Okay, spread plus three for Texans. That's where we're at now, Yes plus three? Well, Texans ten grand plus three? Say it again? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Texans plus three give it to me ten grand. You're putting on the Texas all of it. Yes, I think their defense is going to play really well, and I think C. J. Stroud is going to have a good game. They're gonna So you're picking the Texas to win. Yeah, I probably bet ten grand Texans money line.
Speaker 1: Like like the Pandrig, I do like a good I like a good local Pandrig. I'm with you, I'm not really with you. But you know what, I don't know if i'd bet the ten grand on this game if I had a choice.
Speaker 4: Yolo. Man, It's just.
Speaker 1: I uh, I'm not even sure what game feels the most secure. The whole place for me is ironically it's Pittsburgh going to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Baltimore is gonna dominate because the Washington Tampa game. Tampa is scrappy. You know, the Vikings do have to go on the road. But Denver's defense, dude, a couple turnovers. The way bo Nix is playing with his feet, he's dangerous. Yeah, I expect Buffalo to win. But the one I'm most secure with is the team that's beat him like eighty percent of the time. I am more secure with Baltimore beating Pittsburgh than I am of any of the other games this weekend. When I say secure of if you say Sean picked the game, that you are going to win the bet and then you only have open to bet one game, and you got to put the all of it on it, you have to it's that one, yeah, Because then you look at Denver, Buffalo, Green Bay, Philadelphia. If Jordan Love is healthy and plays a really good game, they could beat Philadelphia. I just like Washington and Tampa Bay. I don't know who the hell to bet on that one. That's exactly right. How's Jaye Daniel's gonna play? Baker Mayfield's play really really good football? And then the Monday night game. I know Minnesota is really really damn good, but the Rams have been playing pretty good football down there, and they're.
Speaker 1: Going on the road after an ass whooping last week in front of a national televised audience. How did they respond when they had home Field Evans on a lane and they did not play well? Worst game I've seen them play back in a while. So the other side of it is, though, with Baltimore, I always look at this, who's the last quarterback? You're taking to the fourteen right now, Russell Wilson, who's the first?
Speaker 4: I would say, Lamar Jackson, Lamar or Josh.
Speaker 1: But you put you pick who that's not playing this weekend. Oh okay, I'm sorry, talking about the whole place. Yeah, this weekend. Yeah, so you would take you said Lamar first? Yeah, so guess what when both defense, well, you're at home. Take the best quarterback. Yeah, and it's but it's by a mile too and as good as Pitt. Now, the one thing, Tomlin, the code they they they will hang around. Right. Their defense is good, but their defense is going to be pushed to the limits because of the bandwidth of this offense and the way they're playing. I would if you said, Sean, you have to bet everything you can't and on one game you have to. I'm betting that Baltimore. What's the spread right now?
Speaker 4: Baltimore favored by nine and a half.
Speaker 1: See, I would take them just on. I would have to bet the money line right.
Speaker 4: Over under set of forty three and a half.
Speaker 1: See that's a low if they go under that for a nine and a half point spread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna say.
Speaker 1: They're basically saying this game no they're basically saying this game is like twenty seven to ten. Yeah, that's what they're saying. Yeah, thirty one ten. Yeah, I actually think it could be a blow out. Now, That's why I'm saying I feel so secure. Can you imagine with this one that I would be more apt to bet this one than any other game? And it's it's almost double digit, Yeah, it's almost ten. Yeah, I think Baltimore's playing that well. If I had to put my my everything on the line, there's a reason they're nine and a half point favorites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this would be a really bad time for Lamar Jackson to play like he does in January.
Speaker 1: That's historically. I'm willing to take the chance that he won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think he will either, But I.
Speaker 1: Got Baltimore, and I'm not sure Baltimore is not going to curb stomp their ass.
Speaker 4: They for whatever reason, Pittsburgh finds ways to beat Baltimore. That's right in Baltimore over the last twelve games. I think that ends this week. Yeah, I just do. Especially with the way that Derek Henry can run the football. I just and then you look at the spread for Buffalo and Denver Buffalo favored by nine. That's almost two huge spreads.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to tell you what, that's the second game. That's the other game that I would see in that game by nine, I'm taking Denver not to win, but you give me those points. Yes, I just think Denver's defense is good enough to hang around they are. And I think bo Nicks creates similar problems that Josh Allen does with his legs. You know, he's not as big and physical as him, but I think he creates some problems that would be my second choice of comfortability in a game, even though and both point spreads are enormous. But it will not shock me if Buffalo wins twenty seven to twenty four, twenty four to twenty one, And it will not shock me if Baltimore goes out there and wins thirty four to ten. Honest to gods, the breaks, Yeah, you will not surprise me. It's only a matter of time when you've been beating somebody so bad. Harball doesn't need to give any speech on this one, right, And the way that their offense is playing, I don't know is Russ Wilson good enough to turn it on and off like a light switch against this.
Speaker 4: Team against Baltimore. Yeah, probably not.
Speaker 1: I think that this is Baltimore's going to another level. Give me the big spread in this one. I'd take Baltimore seven three two two five seven.
Speaker 4: I try to get these two calls before we welcome in Aniros and let's Robert good morning, Hey, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 14: Well, since football season ended early for me, my Cowboys were done after about week three of this season, I had got money in baseball mode. So I just want to get y'all's feelings and what y'all's take is knowing that h Tucker's got to be going to arbitration with the Cubs and how we feeling after making trade for him.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate you guys, hang.
Speaker 1: Up and listen.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Robert, and let's get to brain real quick. He also wants to talk a little baseball brainon what's happen. Yeah, I just kind of follow up that caller. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 12: I love the show always, just all the eight guys that went to the settle that arbitration before going to a hearing. I'm glad Tucker got traded and that's now the Cubs problem too. When it comes I think it's like two and a half or three million dollars apart. Two, you never want to really go to a hearing with the player and that kind of thing with what the representation files for and of course what the players the team falls for and the representation for the players. So I'm glad it's the Cups problem now and I think, you know, we'll see what that trade does down the line too. And I wanted to check with you guys too. I saw some reports on Alex Berdugo and possibly being a good fit out there too. I know you had a kind of a terrible year last year. I wanted to get your thoughts on him being you know, you kind of replace my guy and trying to upgrade that outfield either left right, And I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, Thanks Brandon. The Cubs filed Excuse Me at fifteen million for Kyle Tucker. Kyle Tucker's group countered at seventeen and a half million, so they are off by two and a half million dollars. Kyle Tucker's gonna go back to arbitration he did a couple of years ago for the Astros. It pissed him off. Obviously he was traded. Sean, you and I were both on the same page when it came to trade Kyle Tucker. If you're gonna have no chance of signing him after this year, you trade him. You try to get something from for him. You got Eastoc Paradis, who's gonna be your starting third baseman. You got wes Nesky, who is a good, young, talented arm right so, and then you got camp Smith, who everyone is very very high on. He's now your number one prospect down in the minor leagues. And then of course he goes arbitration again. And that's the Cubs problem, not a Nationals problem. Then I did see the Astros are quote unquote checking in on Alex Verdugo try to help bolster that outfield.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, that's not a bad one. You're getting a guy, right who can, who's got some pop and some attitude and stuff. That'd be great.
Speaker 4: He'd be better than what they got out there, right.
Speaker 1: There's no question about it. And back to Kyle Tucker, I see on the urgent they're probably even though with parades here and you mentioned will cam Smith. I want to say Will Smith. You mentioned cam Smith and three years from now, he may be saying this was a great gig. On the urgent, there's no doubt that you're getting a five tool player at Chicago wins, but wins this deal this year. In my opinion, now piss him off again, don't play him. Maybe he ends up in Tampa ball Boston next year. But I don't think the Cubs, after all this can afford to let that guy leave.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: He's in a walk here, right, so you don't get to control it. But I would make him an offer that needs to keep him in Chicago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you traded one of your top prospects, a couple guys, and then a couple guys that are started, that's my point.
Speaker 1: Then this can't be mid season rental stuff and plus a guy in his twenties. You had to make this trade knowing. I would think that you'd be prepared next year that it's going to cost you three thirty, three fifty whatever it is. If he plays like Kyle Anys healthy. So do you make the trade If not, because I mean, you didn't make the trade just all a sudden win a World Series this next year. You made the trade to have some longevity that you got with you got a little bit like when Chris Bryant was there for a minute, when Rizzo was there for a minute, you started to get some guys, you thought, and they went and win to you know.
Speaker 4: Get their World Series.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Kyle Tucker, if this was at thirty four years old, it might be just a one time thing. Yeah, I can't fathom they made this trade not thinking about our floors three thirty in our ceilings four hundred and then depending on the season and healthy.
Speaker 4: Has Yeah, I would assume they made that trade thinking to themselves as an organization, We're going to offer this dude three hundred million.
Speaker 1: He's going to be the face of our franchise the next decade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can build around him.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get back to football. We're going to welcome an NFL insider, Aaron Wilson to the show to talk Texans and Chargers playoffs and next right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Aqueduct Plumbing locally owned, family owned and operated, friendly and honest. All jobs are welcomed by aqueduct Plumbing. Large or small fall preparees, drainage issues, tankless water heaters, tunnel jobs, or the granddaddy of them all a whole house re piping. They do commercial, they do residential, new construction, whatever it is. Aqueduct Plumbing is here to help the whole house repiping. They are Houston's experts when it comes to that job. They have completed thousands of them. They've also got leak detection, remodels, sewer jobs, and of course they're specialty PECS piping which is not going to burst in a freeze, and that means you have peace of mind for your most valuable asset, which is your home. It's not gonna be without water or subject to very costly restoration resulting from leaks. And that's what you need when you are having someone come out and work on your home. You need transparency, you need the honesty, and you need no hidden charges. And that's what Aqueduct Plumbing does, those free estimates, no hidden charges that other companies are going to tack on. So give them a shout to eight one four eight eight six two three eight again that's two eight one four eight eight six two three eight. Aqueduct Plumbing Company dot com is the website Aqueduct Plumbing Coompany dot com for all your plumbing needs. Aqueduct plumbing company is at your disposal, and the Shawn Salisbury Show continued as we welcome in NFL Insider for KPRC channel to Aaron Wilson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Aaron Wilson on Twitter. You get him right here at Sports seven ninety dot com. All his great stuff covers it as well as anybody. Great to have him on. I guess this will be the last time we could say Happy New Year, since I haven't talked to you since the New Year started.
Speaker 4: Great to have you on, brother.
Speaker 1: This game been one of those inconsistent yet still ten win seasons and you can take a step back and not play as well but still have a good record.
Speaker 4: So they're in the tournament.
Speaker 1: So with that, if I said, Aaron, we're putting a game plan in or our biggest concern that our team should have this week is what if you're the Houston Texans, I.
Speaker 6: Would say past protection is probably the theyst concerned.
Speaker 5: That's en Achilles heal of the team all year, and while they did block the Tennessee Titan, I just can't say the Titans probably a lot of motivation of their trink at the top overall pick playing out the string there, they're firing their general manager. It just didn't feel like you were seeing the Titans a game. You know, I didn't see the same type of performance in Evander Sweat and Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 6: You know, you're looking at a different type of matchup. Look at all of the rushers they have. They've got Joey Bulson, they've got Khalil Mack, They've got Blay Dupree, They've got the USC they have a lot of guys, and so you know they're vulnerable. I think Blake Fisher, the rookie tackle and uh, writing my head later today, he faces a really difficult challenge in his first career playoff game. I don't worried about Larry Tounslow. You know, he'll hold his own over there, He'll do his thing. But there is a chance that you know, they're going to have to do some tilting and max protecting it to see how that goes. You know, how the charger getting off the ball every weeks different. But see, I worry about the pass protection.
Speaker 1: Aaron Wilson join us at Aaron Wilson on Twitter, KPRC Channel two, in Sports seven ninety dot com. You see him all over the place and you get a lot of his great information to get on Twitter x and we love having him with us every single Friday at eight thirty. All right with that, do you expect a Jim Harbaugh team I call him Michigan with a different rapper. They want to be physical upfront, they want to run the ball, They're going to use play action, but they have a quarterback like McCarthy who's efficient, protects the ball and has the ability to kill you with this arm and his feet depending. So, with this in mind, coming into this game, is Jim Harvy. Do you expect a bunch of gimmicks or a bunch of a bunch of game plan changes or.
Speaker 4: Is this just going to be this is who we are.
Speaker 1: We expect to win twenty four to twenty type games, and you're gonna get Harbaugh at his finest, which means run it, play solid, defense, keep it close, and finish.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Knowing him and watching a lot of and covering a lot of his football games over the years, including the Super Bowl when he was with the forty nine ers against the Ravens, I would say that big game, Jim, he might have one wrinkle or so but he generally does stick with what's gotten there and I don't anticipate a watershed chain from Jim Marble. They are very.
Speaker 6: Tough, y, very physical.
Speaker 5: There's things that he believes in kind of the bed rock foundation of what he thinks football should be. Stuff he learned from bush em Beckler's and his dad and with his brother John.
Speaker 6: You know that they talk about all growing up. There have actually been to the house before. I've been at Harbor when he was up there. I think you look at everything about him and it's about not making mistakes. And to me, other than the passport issue, that's the thing. It's key the game if they play their normal sound game and the Texans stay true to form and have the way of that one Curtel error and that's on the side of this football game, and we'll go to the Texans away. Texans has to play and match the Chargers of efficiency and how they do things.
Speaker 4: Aaron, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Fans are listening because I think the buzz in the city they wanted to win. There'll be a lot of people there, but I think the buzz, judging from excuse me this week, is while fans support them, there's this feeling of maybe uneasy or treading lightly because they don't trust it. Right now that you're going to get four quarters of I think the defense is going to fly around and keep them in the game. Four quarters are really good offensive football, So I think there's a they're the cautious approach as a fan base. So tell the fans whether it's good or bad. You tell us why that we should believe that all of a sudden, after seventeen games, we're going to get four quarters of consistency against a defense that gives up very few chunk explosive plays, one of the best in the league, and it will dial up safety. Blitzer is, it's going to put a lot of pressure on you with the jesse mentor defense. Why should fans believe aside from every game's open because you're in the playoffs, you got a chance, But why they should believe they're going to see something different offensively this week?
Speaker 6: I mean it's hard to sell something.
Speaker 5: That maybe isn't there. I think you have to be very realistic. You know, Nico Collins, we've been watching. Yeah, they can throw an ECO. The only real difference could be, you know, do they increase the involvement Deontrey Johnson. You had a couple of catches, you know, op the mix few plays. It doesn't like he's gonna be a real game changer, you know, the running game. Maybe what happened last week is the blueprint. I know mostly it was you know, Damian Pierce, but maybe Joe Mixon with more carries, maybe he gets back to where he is. You know, if he have a big one hundred yard type of game, it's a different type of ball game, right.
Speaker 6: I could see that.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the edge is show Mixon who's very fired up and talking about making this run, and he's saying all the right things. He's pretty inspiring to his teammates. Oh maybe it's a mixing kind of game. That's what I think.
Speaker 6: They really need.
Speaker 5: That and a lot of Nico you like they're saying the music business, you know, play your hits. I think that's part what they've.
Speaker 1: Got to do. Aaron Wilson KPRC Channel two. You see him postgame and all that stuff, giving him great insight and at sportsseven ninety dot com as well as on Twitter at at Aaron Wilson. All Right, I contend that while it may not be the focus of a game plan that Justin Herbert's feet are dangerous and more dangerous than we think, and they will become a possible problem in this game.
Speaker 4: Yes or no?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know, well they're certainly fast enough to the defense to cut down space, not unscramble. You're trying to rush him, you're trying to cover. You've got Lad McConkie out there, You've got Quinton Johnson.
Speaker 6: It's like when he.
Speaker 5: Feels all that, well, it looks like he's gonna play. You are doing all that And sometimes I can create lanes for Justin Herbert and for a big guy, he can really run. You see that forty one yard running at as a scamper. They have to account.
Speaker 6: For his feet, you know, maybe not as much as his arm and his accuracy. Know, he's thrown a couple of picks this year. He's really good at that controlling football.
Speaker 5: I think you've got to respect his ability to scramble an ad.
Speaker 1: Lib What is the biggest weakness in your mind that can be exploited that's on the charges either side of the ball. What's their biggest uh the chance that the Texans to exploit it?
Speaker 6: I think possibly running the ball and I think, I look at you know, the end they got drown James back there.
Speaker 5: But this isn't an all star squad of the secondary. I think you're going to be matchups for Niko. I think you can do some things with him in single coverage that they don't really have that stud to stop it. And I think he's, you know, another potential edge for the Texans. He's a matchup nightmare. He's also very clutch in the playoffs you were last year, how he played yep, I think that's something to watch. Getting the ball to Nico a turn?
Speaker 1: Now does the we know and the Chargers aren'tdumb real quick, and I'll let you go after your pick after this.
Speaker 4: The Chargers aren't dumb.
Speaker 1: It's like anything they know going in that you don't want to let Nico Collins or Mixing for the most part beat you. But you're always going to defend the run first, which is important. So with that in mind, if I can the Chargers, I mean, can the Texans win the game if the passing games average but Mixing has one of those games that put him in the Pro Bowl. Do they have to be two dimensional? Baltimore can win this week not being two dimensional. They can with the little mars feet and Derek Henry and their defense and the way Pittsburgh's offense is playned can the Texans with an average explosives in the passing game, but a very very efficient and quite frankly game breaking type of guy Joe Mixon has one of those games. Are they good enough to win a game like that?
Speaker 6: I don't see it. I think when you a game that comes back to mind, you think.
Speaker 5: About how Joe mixbre for one hundred and fifty in the first game of the season against the Colts, right, you know, if something like that, but they're not you know, if there's a one tick or if there's anything like that, I think they're gonna have real clean, clean game. They need CJ to play the way he did that opening script against the Titans, you know, the six for six fifty R kind of CJ. TJA is capable of this. CJ is someone that you know has been a little rockies, had smokes, some downs, a lot of the reasons for that. But you know, you need CJ to rise to the occasion. I think true leaders like him usually do, and and I got confidence in him. I think that that could happen. So I think maybe he's something when the people are sleeping on a little bit.
Speaker 6: No playoff CJ. So we're gonna see what he's like in this playoff game against a good defense. Yeah, I think. You know, last year, like he said, nobody thought they were gonna beat the Browns. You know, they're not picked to beat them by a lot of people. They wound up blowing them out. So they need that kind of bold, accurate playmaking CJ. We'll see, We'll see what the offense looks like and what slower stiles up. But there's definitely a lot of pressure on this offense.
Speaker 1: A lot of aggressiveness would be nice. Play to win, not to play, not to lose, should be interesting. Who you like in the game, my man, I think that while.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't surprise me, other Texans won then advance the division round. I just think the Chargers are a very sound football team. I don't see them just all of a sudden unraveling and making these mistakes. So yeah, I'll take the Chargers by field another two and a half point favorite, So if they were my three, they would cover. But yeah, I'm not a betting guy. I just think that the Chargers, overall lhim Marble's big game experiences, you know, win a national championship in this building last year with Michigan, I just could see them winning and it just wouldn't surprise me if they came in and played the way they normally play. They're the team that really you got to make crack. It's not the you know, the Texans doing something crazy. It's just you get the Chargers to play a little bit different to try to knock them off.
Speaker 1: Great point, great stuff is always great. New year and epic twenty twenty five ahead and your works Yeoman as always brother, you kill it and we're grateful to have you on. And hopefully, well we'll talk to you next week one way or the other to wrap it up or continue through the playoffs, but hopefully we'll be talking about the Texans one more week. Should be a great challenge. Appreciate you, my man, thanks for joining us. Thanks guys, that's great. That's great. Aeron Wilson, we'll come back and we will discuss us the keys.
Speaker 4: I'm with him.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can be and just like the other I don't think you can be one dimensional throwing it and if you cut the run game down, I think you're playing right into the Chargers hands. They're going to have to have their best two dimensional game in a while against a good team and a really good team.
Speaker 4: Sports Talk seven ninety The.
Speaker 2: Shawn Salisbury Show continues on seven ninety and continues in your home Say alexta play Sports Talk seven ninety on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Of course, the winner of that game will take on Notre Dame as they beat Penn State last night. Texans trying to extend their season taking on these Chargers. So obviously the offense is going to be the big question mark for the Texans. We know what the defense is like. They've got a really good secondary, two of the top edge rushers in the game, and Will Anderson and Neil Hunter. But the offensive line and C. J. Stroud in this Offen and Sean is going to be I don't want to say suspect, but I'm I'm curious to see what the play calling an execution looks like for this offense.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that that's got to be your number one concern as far as the rhythm of it going in, how will they come out? Will they be aggressive and Okay, well, you know what, Let's go back to last week.
Speaker 4: For a second.
Speaker 1: Aaron. Aaron had mentioned that CJ needs to play like that first drive going on boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: What's six out of six?
Speaker 6: Six?
Speaker 1: Did you not think that when they had the ball in their first drive? Remember during that week I said, they're going to play a series or two and if it's smooth, they're going to get them out. You just need to get them a little rhythm, feel good rhythm. Right, Well, how did they play their first series?
Speaker 4: You tell me? When you saw them play, played loose?
Speaker 1: Say it again.
Speaker 4: They played loose, let it rip like nothing matter because the game didn't matter. It didn't matter, And they also knew they were only going to be in there for one drive.
Speaker 1: So they just let it rip. Have the bothersome for me though, but it almost felt like they knew they were going to be there, that the field, that they were in there for the feel good feeling. And once they got the feel good feeling, and there was a sense of urgency to keep that one series and get out out. So why can't you if you're slow it stroud the offense, the Miko went in your pregame streech, what's wrong. There's always validity in when you do this, you say, why can't I do that?
Speaker 4: Even when the pressure rises, Well, the pressure is rising.
Speaker 1: But the ones that to me that I've been around, the great ones that have been great in these type of games. Players, whether it's a running back, quarterback, a linebacker, the great ones for me, always at this time, their blood pressure goes down, not up. Now, I don't know how you control that. Them people are just built different. So that drive was like, this is how it's supposed to look. Well, I know it's Tennessee's not the Chargers, but you got a much better chance of playing it free. And as if it's a game, I'm gonna go out a letter in play this play as if you're trying to get to the sidelines and get it over, meaning just like you did, let's go down and get this done right, Crisp, get over there. Same thing. Don't you want to be with seven minutes to go in the game putting backups in to take Neil down and get out? Make that your feeling of and that's going to be with the play call it come right out of.
Speaker 4: The shoot and so No.
Speaker 1: Three and out to start get that feeling where we say, oh, we can move the ball on this team. I'm not concerned about the defense getting stops. I'm not concerned. I mean, I think Herbert's a major threat, but I'm not in the game with both his arm and his feet. But I'm not concerned about the defense getting pushed around and shoved around so blatantly that they suck the entire game. I don't believe that's gonna happen. What I do know is I've seen enough inconsistency to tell you that six minutes here, four minutes there, nine minutes here make you wonder can they sustain for four quarters of really good play on offense?
Speaker 4: Capable?
Speaker 1: Yes, but the trend this year has not been to do that. So with that in mind, if you're doing the same thing over and over again with consistent inconsistency, how do you shift that narrative in your game plan and play calling and when you come out of the locker room, Because you're playing right into Harbaugh's hands. If you're down seventeen to three, He's going to run it shorten every game and you'll get two less possessions and they protect the football.
Speaker 4: So I to me.
Speaker 1: You have to however, you can gather that feeling of there's no pressure in this game. While there is pressure, you've got to convince yourself that there's not or whatever that mechanism is that gets you to be able to handle that stress. And if they do that and come out boom boom boom, boom boom, and stay okay we did it on the first drive and not get caught up into the Oh we had some success, so we're good. That urgency the whole game playing loose. What do you got to lose but a game. I'd rather lose a game enjoying it and playing free, then I would stressed out about it knowing that. I mean, you know what I'm saying. I don't like tension, you know. And if football you know, you know, quarterbacks, mechanics or any of it. So, yes, there's more pressure, but you're at home. You should control this tempo. Yeah, and you've got a chance to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And you got to be able to run the football well with Joe Mixon, even the attempts can't be one dimensional. And when this game running or throwing, you've got to have both. Yeah. Will Anderson Junior talked about the challenge that the offensive line will pose for the chargers for these Texans, what did he say? We'll hear it discussed next. Also, we will continue to take your calls seven one, three, two two five, seven ninety the number to Jones roll along endo the nine o'clock hour on the Shawn Salisbury Show.
Speaker 1: Guys, let's talk about optimization wellness. You know, different months, we've focused on different things we all do in our lives. Right, if you put setting goals or things you want to accomplish, like this month, I want to be debt free. Next month, I want to plan my vacation. The following month, I want to donate to charity. Whatever it is, we plan it. Min's Tea you got to plan it there too. So what what are you doing in January? You're living on a resolution that says by January twenty first, you're done, or you're living on a discipline that says, I want to go and maximize my well quite frankly, my full body wellness. Wellness optimization's huge and the team five convenient locations at Men's Tea Clinic can assist you with it.
Speaker 4: And listen, you don't have to go at this alone.
Speaker 1: If you're low testosterone or you're feeling sluggish, you don't have that same energy. Even though it's the new year and we're all supposed to be jacked up. Sometimes it just doesn't click. So what do you do. You pop on into Men's Tea, draw a little blood. By the end of time you leave, at the end of the day, you'll have the results of Okay, now we can start to normalize.
Speaker 4: So what's your focus?
Speaker 1: Full body wellness and wellness, the optimization of whatever it is. You're focused on it, and you don't have to go alone. Men's Tea Clinic is a great partner, been with them a long time. For me, it's one of those things. And the confidence grows, the sexual wellness grows, your energy grows, and with all that production grows, maybe even more of the production you want. Maybe he is production in the jets. It's Men's Tea Clinic. They can help optimization. What a great word, let's maximize it. In January, It's Men's T Clinic dot com, Men's T Clinic dot com.
Speaker 2: Ab E Houston ADHD two Houston, an iHeart radio station, the Astros, the Rockets, Rockets as befall your home for your home teams.
Speaker 1: This is Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: Seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Salisbury, Houston. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury, there to USC Troupes.
Speaker 3: Longtime friend, Shawn Salisbury.
Speaker 2: Ryan Lima, go Lobos. This is the Sean Salsbury Show.
Speaker 4: Sean Brown and Tripoli Rockets beat the Grizzlies. Astros avoid arbitration with all eight of their eligible players. Texans Chargers tomorrow, Wildcard round of the NFL Playoffs. Notre Dame beats Penn State. They're out of the National Title game. They take on the winner of Texas and Ohio State the Cotton Bowl up in Dallas. Seven five, seven ninety is the number two joints. Get out to the phone lines talking Texans. Reggie, what's happening?
Speaker 16: Hey, how's it going today? Hey, Sean and Brian. I was sitting here before I got ready to call you guys, and I was thinking of the greatest one liner in football, Sean, and you know what I'm talking about. When coach McKay was asked about his team's execution and he said he was for it, and Brian opened up talking about the Tixans execution. I think, man, that the Tixans secondary gonna play a good key role in this, but I really believe it's gonna fall in the hands of the tight end Dolphin shultz Man, because I think they're gonna take away to Ronnie, try to take away the running game and Nico, and then with the addition of the r to Johnson, I hope he picked up where he was a year ago. But I think if Dalton could get open and catch the ball, man, I think the Texan have a chance. And I do pick the Texans to win this game twenty five to thirteen. That's my pick for the Texans and Sean. I have another question for you. I've been on social media, man, I've been comparing Derek Steingley to Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson because they were all pole at both positions cornerback and safety. And I wanted your opinion on that. And lastly, finally got a We got our first African American head coach going for the championship game.
Speaker 15: That's a good thing for college football.
Speaker 16: I hang up with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marcus Freeman's special.
Speaker 1: That guy.
Speaker 4: That guy's he's He's speaking a built different in the way he approached old soul.
Speaker 1: Has he even reached his fortieth birthday and is going to impact Notre Dame for a long time and took care of business last night. Congratulations to him. The other two parts. Secondly, that's a bit, that's a big prediction. That's a double that's a I think that's a double digit win for for the Chargers. And his point was on that one.
Speaker 4: Do you talk about Dalton Schultz Schultz and what was the first point? There was Dalton Schultz, Deontae Johnson execution, and then he also asked about Derek Stingley won. There you go. I listened.
Speaker 1: Tight ends in this game become a great especially if they're good in possession because you can get them out quickly, the ball can come out with little option route. Tight end's got to be big in this He can't be outside the numbers play You've got to be able to work inside the numbers and the hash mark Dalton Schultz. I think Stingley brings out you're talking about if eight years from now could he move the safety? Absolutely. The guy's extremely aggressive. He catches the ball when it's in the air like Bullock does. They got a lot of guys that finished in the secondary and not just incoverage. But in making sure that they turn you over, not just bad it down, but they turned your ass over. So I think Stingley is a unique football player who will still he'll get into the run game a little bit too. That's the only difference between Rod and Charles Woodson and Stingley right now. Not saying he won't be but Rod Woodson was one of Rod Woodson's like Derwin James, or should I say Derwin James like Rod Woodson, And we obviously know Charles Woodson could come off the corner, was a very smart and hit you. So both of those guys had brought a sense of you know, almost felt like they were line linebacker tacklers that had safety and corner skill set right Ballhawking so and Stingley obviously he goes on in the physicality and understand it right now. In coverage he's as good as we have in the league. And the next level is him you know, did he move him into the slot?
Speaker 4: Can he?
Speaker 1: And the blitzing ability, especially of Rod Woodson, And I've told I've played against him a couple of times in the league and covered him. He was one of the best from the Rod was an All Pro corner and an All Pro safety, and he could. He brought fierce pass rush like you would an outside edge rusher off the edge on a slot blitz or a gap from the from the deep safety. He was special and so that'll be the next level to the evolution of Stingley's game. But he absolutely is versatile enough to do both. And high praise when you're talking about two mustard colored jacket guys to all gold gold jacket guys in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty high praise. Seven one, three, five seven ninety. Good morning, Brandon, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Brian, Good morning Sun Bryant.
Speaker 1: I finally watched it.
Speaker 4: Which game?
Speaker 3: The game?
Speaker 4: Good for you, buddy, they won, they played well. You know me what twenty I made that twenty dollars bet yesterday. I said you would watch him, so of course I had your back.
Speaker 16: WHOA, no, no, I watch it.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sean and Tripley believed in you. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I bet you would watch it. I bet Brian twenty dollars that you were going to watch the game, and you did.
Speaker 4: Just put on my tab. There you go, great work, Brando. Nice love it.
Speaker 3: And I know we're watching the Texans game for Saturday.
Speaker 4: Are you actually gonna watch it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: You did like like hesitation, did you, Brian? Uh huh, there's some hesitation there, Brandon, Come on now, yep.
Speaker 16: Hey, they posted lineups for the audio yesterday.
Speaker 4: I know, buddy, we talked about it at the seven fifteen the steak out. What do you think about it? You're gonna be going will be.
Speaker 15: For opening day?
Speaker 4: Did you hear his opening Reba McIntyre? I heard you like Reba McIntyre.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did not. Then went out in Georgia.
Speaker 4: You gotta kill and Edison Man. Do you call it ReBs?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, some people call the ReBs.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go to go te Han day Brando.
Speaker 2: Uh no, we're yes, yes, but we're working, but okay, we have to get okay.
Speaker 4: So you're not going to Ta Hano Day tripley. I might want to hit the sound or on that one. Ah, come on who yeah, come on, Brandon, he can't go listen sometimes just take the dog. Yeah, you're going to see ReBs though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta love ReBs. Brandon.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your weekend, buddy. We love having you calling every day.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks for making me money on this one, Brando, appreciate.
Speaker 4: Double or nothing. You better watch the game, Tom Brandon, Oh, you don't get to make the decision. You're gonna watch the game, yesterdight before I put money down?
Speaker 15: Yes I will.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about. To enjoy your weekend, Brando, you too, Thank you. I'm gonna take the No, he doesn't watch it?
Speaker 1: Why can't we hit that? That's got to be racist. He doesn't want to go to day he can't. He's gotta got to be racist.
Speaker 4: He said, he's not going.
Speaker 1: He's gonna work.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't, you know, we don't don't let work get in the way of a good story, right, there's too Yeah, and we don't you know, like people don't get special treatment around here, you know when it comes to hitting that sounder, like we call it out as we see it, okay, normally, and normally you're the one getting called out on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you guys just run with that, you know what, Like it's it's it's it's it's it's sad man.
Speaker 1: So but basically, aren't you now, aren't you isn't it? Basically? Aren't you? Idiot?
Speaker 4: Aren't you becoming in a check.
Speaker 1: Isn't that one of those things where you're like everything, I mean, you're the You'll be like if if you can't make it to Tejano Tuesday because you're busy and you got to wake up early the next day, should we should we say, should we hit the sounder?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well, is any different for him because it's because because we set the yeah exactly, you basically get to do we want yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Wanted it to adhere to it, and then Tripley's gonna hit the sounder. So you bet and he's watching it or not. I'm gonna double nothing, man, I bet he why.
Speaker 6: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't agreed to double another's we're on Yeah, that's mine day. I own the twenty.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah you do.
Speaker 1: I have one. He's gotta say, I'll see it.
Speaker 4: I'll raise you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You want to go double or nothing?
Speaker 1: Okay, But how are we gonna know how much he watched? If he turned it on and watched a minute of it, you call that watching it?
Speaker 4: Hell no, it's tuning in.
Speaker 1: I want to watch, Okay, So make a note third quarter, fourth play if he didn't watch it if he doesn't know what that is.
Speaker 4: He lost.
Speaker 1: He lost yea, that's right, third quarter, fourth play, So you're betting that he will watch it.
Speaker 4: No, he's not gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to decide by the end of the show if I want that bet, because I didn't the hesitation, I know got put us.
Speaker 4: This is a Saturday, Brandon always tells U him and his family.
Speaker 1: Going on.
Speaker 4: He's probably probably moving again, could be a move, and maybe he was playing his video game, or maybe he was playing with his new baby. Maybe DJ said or whatever. You goin gets so.
Speaker 1: Busy he thinks it's at six thirty, not three things. You know that it happened to all of us, right, give me till the end of the show. Okay, I didn't like the hesitation in his oh I'm watching it was like yeah, yeah, which tells me that maybe not he won me twenty yeah, maybe twenty spot Yeah, I got.
Speaker 4: Not going broke. Take in this profit, No that I mean twenty bucks will get you like one grocery, you know, literally one grocery.
Speaker 1: When you say I'm gonna go get a haircut, how much it costs twenty bucks? For a haircut. Yeah, for one haircut, Yes, I mean one piece of haircut cuts. That's right, man, I'm gonna go to hairdressing school. I think, how much do you guys charge for? How much do you triply?
Speaker 4: How much does it cost you to get a haircut or get your always on the answering the phone call? What does it cost you forty? So it cost me twenty for the haircut, and then I tipped twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was just It cost me forty and I go twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go twenty and twenty. I support my local people to the same I got. I was looking me up for years. I support my people at V's barbershop. Yeah you know, oh yeah, you know the doorset grew they do there? Are they the ones that did the salt and pepper?
Speaker 1: No, they don't do that. I had to go somewhere else. I was cheating on him when the salt and pepper looked well, but I know that's the only thing I ever but it was. It was a loyal move on just to didn't know. It's just a change up pitch, right, But I didn't get my The haircut is always Catalina vs. Barbershow Yeah, and it's off the charts. My guy justin Yeah. So yeah, and the tip because they deserve it. Yeah, and she does a great job. I've been going to my guy Leon for thirteen years now. Yeah, coming up on thirteen years Leon, Leon. Yeah, do you want to tell us? How tell us about him?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't I? Oh, I just told you about Min. I'ld like to know about Lee. He's my Asian barber.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Why did you have to say that?
Speaker 4: Because I figured that's what she wanted to know.
Speaker 1: You know, I wanted to know about the human. I didn't ask. I didn't ask where his orgin worlds. I didn't ask he was from the mean streets thought. I didn't ask if he was Asian.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's actually Vietnamese, I think, or Layocean something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you've given me three and you don't even know you're fourteen years you don't know where it's from.
Speaker 4: No, he's got to be raised. He's Vietnamese.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 1: You think, Yeah, that's not it. That's not good enough for me.
Speaker 4: If he might cover three, he might be North Korean now at four. No, you guys are tight, Yeah, we are very tight.
Speaker 1: So No, I did do you remember me asking, hey, you're barber. What nationality is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you told me, you said, tell me about him. I wanted to know about him, the human like, is he from here?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Exactly. Mary is married, he's married, got two kids. What a freshman in high school and then a twelve year old. They love his son loves monster trucks. His His wife is a very very talented accountant. They both graduated from San Diego State. They hated cal They moved.
Speaker 1: Here from my crib. Yeah, they're from you. Yeah you know. Now an extra piece of information.
Speaker 4: That he's Asian. Yeah, and he's Asian yea, Yeah, that's cool. He was actually a very smart I T guy. Hated what he did, whoa, whoa Okay, and then he and then that's how he ended up in Harbor. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: He's appointment. There you go ooh saying.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a humble brid aren't most.
Speaker 4: No, you can just walk into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got sometimes you gotta wait, right, you say.
Speaker 4: You're only twenty five bucks for your hair cut?
Speaker 10: Yeah, twenty five I don't get nothing but a clean up in a lineup up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Let me get back to one.
Speaker 4: I just want him to take the twist out and get a fro walking here with the froe retwist one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now I got the answer before the question. Answer, Hey, Brian is your terror dresserration? He is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, cool Leon? Yeah, Leon Leon, Yeah, yeah, I don't even know his last name. Just call him Leon.
Speaker 1: So for thirteen years, twelve years and you don't know answer? You don't know Leon's last name. I don't think anybody does. Honestly, I guarantee there's a couple of people that listening that go to Leon that.
Speaker 4: I have no idea his last name. So this is Leon. I just called Leon's he from He's from San Diego.
Speaker 1: But what the uh from?
Speaker 4: He's Vietnamese? Makes a hell of a spring roll? What tripley he does? He's made him for you. Yes, that is Leon listening right now. He should probably get here, jack out. He has last in Amazon Alexa right next to his spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he listens to our radio.
Speaker 1: So he makes me.
Speaker 4: He's probably laughing. So he's a really good cook. He's he is fantastic. Okay, man, if you want to find out more than I even asked, you want, if you want a couple of cold beers. Don't say it, then he's right there. He's got you hooked up?
Speaker 1: What kind right? Okay, get up.
Speaker 4: If it's not spindle tapped, then I we don't get free on here.
Speaker 1: Well I just did and it ain't free because yeah, those are my guys, my guy Brody.
Speaker 4: Hang on, let's get thirty more seconds so we can get our our numbers correct. We gotta get yeah, I gotta get to eighteen. So we got twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Man, Now that I know that Leon's a lovemaker too, you've told me everything else about him.
Speaker 4: His page on Facebook. He used to be Leon du Barber, the barber. He's a lacy guy, Leon Barber.
Speaker 1: I like, you know, what if I've ever rolling through that, you know, the bean streets of Woodland.
Speaker 4: No, he's no, No, he's on the west side of Spring. He's good. He's not in the.
Speaker 1: He's on through the west side of Spring where it's all the millions of house and yeah, maybe I'll drop it.
Speaker 4: And see Leo Leon de Barber. Yeah. Nice. Yeah. He cut my dad's hair a couple of times, shaved his beard a little bit too. You know, sounds great, dude, man, Apparently I know a lot about him. I can.
Speaker 1: I can tell everybody they need what they need to know. He can cook and cut hair and EDGs you up right because he did the way does he do? Waxes on the side too for you.
Speaker 4: He waxes dude's eyebrows. I'm serious. He's been trying to wax my browse for thirteen years. I tell him. No, okay, yeah, why you want? You need your ballfro wax or what by what you're your fro?
Speaker 1: No? I'm good, thanks, thanks not waxing that. Okay, we gotta get the I'm waxing poetic down. Give me the break.
Speaker 4: Seven ninety nef, we'll get to you. Next to stalk Texans, the Salisbury Show continues, NEF, appreciate you holding morning.
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning fellas.
Speaker 1: How you doing, good brother?
Speaker 4: What's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Texans? Man?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know why we got all these haters, all these doubters about the San Diego Chargers.
Speaker 15: I mean, who have they beat?
Speaker 9: They beat the Raiders who aren't going to the freaking playoffs.
Speaker 15: They beat the Patriots who aren't going.
Speaker 18: They beat the Falcons, lost to the Bucks, lost to the Chiefs, barely went against the Broncos, and they beat the Browns, I mean, beat the Titans.
Speaker 1: Let me be, let me be, Let me be a devil's advoct, let me be devil's avocause I'm with you. I mean, I think we're all rooting for the Texans, no doubt, but we also you can't just pick them just to pick them because we were the locals.
Speaker 4: Are you really a hater.
Speaker 1: If you pick against them this week because you think the other team's better. I don't think so. But also, all right, and I'm just being the I'm being for a caller because I'm with you. I want them to win, and I think they can win. Chargers have been a better team all year long. Let me ask you how many how many good teams did the Texans beat?
Speaker 9: I didn't, not not many one one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in the comparison, So, are you a hater because you're not picking the Chargers because they had a better season. No, you're local, and I understand you're leaning towards it, But I don't think you can be called a hater if you just think some teams. I don't hate Pittsburgh. I just think Baltimore is gonna kick their ass. So so when fans come on here and have a little bit of I mean, are you one hundred pell Okay? Would you bet ten thousand bucks if that was all you had and they said you got to bet it? Would you bet ten thousand dollars that the Chargers are gonna lose to the.
Speaker 4: Texans this week?
Speaker 1: No? Well, you're a hater, then why not?
Speaker 15: Oh well no?
Speaker 9: I mean, well, I guess it's not haters.
Speaker 1: It's more just doubters. You know, that's fair, Okay, the doubters, that's fair, right, haters? No, I know when it comes to gambling, I'm trying to put money in my pocket. Brother, I don't really care about hater loyalty. I want to win. I'm winning. And that's why I try to stay away from betting my favorite teams because then you're not you're betting the wrong way, right, you want to root for them instead of the bet part of it. So, and I'm not gonna pick my favorite team, the Raiders, to win every week because they can't win most weeks. So I get it. But what's your biggest concern.
Speaker 4: Is you got Rex and.
Speaker 9: You got you got others thinking they're gonna come in here, and blow us out. Well, no, that's not true. I mean, I mean it's kind of even, to be honest, verve.
Speaker 1: That's why it's what two and a half points or two points very even, very even? So what but let me ask you this as a fan, and we we always appreciate you, my brother. What why are you bothered what Rex Ryan thinks about a team that he's not even coaching against. Why would that bother? Do you really give a rats ask what he thinks about this game?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not really? How many snaps does he tell you? How many snaps is Rex Ryan gonna play in this game? Zero?
Speaker 4: How many plays is he gonna call?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 1: Because we've got a bunch of national guys that sit up there and thumb their nuts, and to make a prediction that pisses everybody off, they'll have they'll they'll have zero bearing on the coil on the course of this game, if you feel me. But I do get when you say, man, the doubters, which is a perfect opportunity for the I told you shows to come out after the Texans, go out and play a good game, right, that'd be nice.
Speaker 4: So I'm with you, I'm with them, man, There you.
Speaker 6: Go it's definitely gonna be our defense.
Speaker 4: So definitely, Amen, agreed.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna need often, You're gonna need offense to have their best game right because defense may not may not be enough. You're gonna have to put some You're gonna have to probably get into the twenties to win the game.
Speaker 9: I'd think, yeah, yeah, you're gonna have to come out blazing. But uh, for all you doubters out there, man, y'all, you know what, shut you up, bump ass.
Speaker 1: Up, appreciate it the weekend, buddy, I always love it. That's that's the great stuff. What I love is you could always say, okay with you bet well, well wait, wait a second, now I got a bet ted graand I'm got so sure. We all are like that. Right when it says put your money where you're melt, we all are like, well, wait a second, Now you tell me I gotta bet the mortgage on this, Which way would you go? That's that's when you know how you really think. But I love how enough. You know he's supporting this team, and he's right. This isn't exactly like you're playing a hacked team. If you're the Chargers, they've been inconsistent, meaning the the Texans. But the Chargers are pretty damn good. But also the tech the Texans can beat you. They went through the same speech against Cleveland. They damn Welkin. They're talented enough. The question is are they disciplined enough. You know what they say about haters.
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go. If you ain't got haters, you ain't popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the truth is, if you don't have haters, really not doing your job right, right, they don't everybody want thank you and good night?
Speaker 4: Is that Reggie Jackson?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that was Reginald Martinez Jackson. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: If you ain't got it doing somebody they don't care about. Right, you ain't got haters, you ain't popping. You gotta be popping to.
Speaker 1: You Gotti?
Speaker 4: You know, yo, Gotti is some lil No, that's your gout.
Speaker 1: I know who got he is.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know, like unless you call. You want to add it to your golf playlist? Probably Cardi half Yeah, okay, you want to check it out. You take care of I got this okay, all right, Well we'll get that when we'll get back. Well, you know, we're not going anywhere. On the other side, of the glass triple, he's making it hapen. You're ready pay the Bill's dog? Oh gosh ah, All right, let's look at this this offensive line for the Texans. What improvements need to be made to help Joe Mixon run wild against the Chargers?
Speaker 2: Next, The Shawn Salisbury Show continued, Bill, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Irish win guys.
Speaker 4: How about that huge win? Impressive? Impressive?
Speaker 8: I got I got a question for you to tooth out.
Speaker 4: Two things.
Speaker 1: One question, do you think Drew Aller is a very good quarterback?
Speaker 19: Because he didn't look impressive to me at all.
Speaker 1: I think he's a grinder with a lot of potential, but you know, throwing the football, but bad decisions. Although he's protected the ball pretty damn well most of the season, he's a good player. I think that he's got a lot of mechanical stuff that he needs to work. He can throw it a country mild, but as you know me, there's a difference between the thrower and a quarterback, big difference. And while he's a winner and he's tough, there's still some things missing throwing the football. They don't lean on him to win games for them, and that's gonna have to change. And he's coming back and maybe that'll help him next year. Right and right now, he's he's a he's a raw, big guy, big, big armed guy who I've seen He's I've seen this movie before and I like him. But you can create some confusion with him, and he doesn't have a lot of pocket presence.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, how.
Speaker 19: Can you how can a Final four team.
Speaker 8: Not hit a wide receiver? And as a national semi found, you get zero catches to a wide receiver in the entire football game.
Speaker 1: The fact that they stayed in the fact that they stayed in that game is a tribute to defense and their offensive line, you know, controlling the football, but you actually have to at some point in time, you actually have to force a ball, even if it's a hitch screen, a smoke screen, and now screen, to get it to a receiver to get him involved. Because when you're playing and basically it's eleven on nine if you're not throwing the ball to white outs or eleven on eight because of the three wide receiver system, if you can't push the ball to get it to them in some way, shape or form, there's a lot to there's a lot he reminds me of a guy that if they had a hot shot freshman or sophomore, that somebody could come in and compete with him. But he's a big, strong body who can throw it. He's one of those you look at say, man, he's got potential. I can work with him, but I just don't think he's efficient enough on a consistent basin's throwing it accurately and making good decisions. And that's a big reason why not getting the ball outside last night and getting the receivers involved, and a couple costly mistakes wasn't just him, but a couple of costly ones are a reason they're not moving on and Notre Dame's pretty damn good. Well the last one, what was he doing. He was jumping around.
Speaker 4: He had no reason to jump around.
Speaker 1: In my book, well, I said, I wish we had the telestrator and we were on TV here as I have, Brian, as you and I have talked about, because I can go over that and everybody's talking.
Speaker 4: About the result.
Speaker 1: The result, the the destination of the throw was a direct result from the journey of how he got there. He had no reason to move Sit on your spot. He he shuffled three yards to his left outside a place that the pocket was perfect. He's gonna hate seeing that on tape. It's gonna make him sick to his stomach because he bailed and drifted three and a half to four yards to his left, then tried to come back ran into trouble. If he just sits there, he can climb the pocket and either hit that dig route, that deep incut, or run it or throw it somewhere else, or run it, get down and play for overtime. The one thing you could not do is be impatient in the pocket. Take a sack or a strip sack. Even you could have even taken a sack and it would have been fine because overtime was coming. You turn it over on your side the field on a throw that most guys can't make, even in a clean pocket, and he tried to force the ball falling off away from it, and you drifted into trouble. That's the pocket presence I'm talking about. He had zero reason to drift, and that tells me that he was watching the pass rush as opposed to watching the coverage. You saw the end result. Notre Dame capitalized. It's not one play that causes a winner or loss, but the focus on one play does, and that play will haunt him. And the result was not because he can't throw it. The result was all the stuff leading up to the ball coming out of his hand. He had zero business drifting to his left. The pocket was as clean as you'll get in college football.
Speaker 19: It's almost like he thought that middle linebacker was going to step up and blitz, like they'd been trying to all gain You.
Speaker 1: Know what I do. Yeah, well, you got to open your eyes and understand. Coverage Number one too is don't guess. That's another thing. Don't guess, and we have Well I thought, and I've had this happen code, Well, I thought this guy was going to do this. Don't don't think. Okay, you see it, don't think either know it. And I have never had a problem as a coach or somebody have coach come over and saying to me, or had a coach that, And you say, hey, man, I saw the linebacker mugging up tight and I expected blitz, so I was drifting away from him at least if you tell me that, I'll say, Okay, we'll watch tomorrow or after the game tonight. But don't think. I don't want to. I don't. I don't want you to think. Think six days and react on the seventh and we'll be fine. He premeditated what he was going to do with his drop, and it cost him an interception, and it ended up costing Penn State a football game.
Speaker 19: Ohio State by double digits tonight and San Diego or San Diego, I still call him that too bad?
Speaker 8: Sorry, the Chargers the Chargers by six, man, I don't know what the spread is.
Speaker 1: What's the spread? Chargers are two point dogs or Chargers are two point favorites or three point on some lines.
Speaker 4: I think somebody got two and a half. So ESPN bet bet. ESPN has them right now. Chargers by three favorite three points over under set of forty two and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I double digits. That's that's man. Well, if Ohio State plays, I can did against Oregon maybe, but man, that's a that that's a I don't know if I could bet double digits. But I get that you did that. You that you used getting to dig in on longhorns, isn't it? Yeah? Exactly, I got you, Bill.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, Bill.
Speaker 1: You too, man, I have a good to congrats to those Irish man.
Speaker 4: Real quick, It's get to John before we get to the final segment.
Speaker 11: John, good morning, Hey fella fell Listen man, I'm pumped up, man, I'm ready for the game to day. You know, the thing that really uh has me dumb founding is listening watching these sports shows and you know, and needs retired football players all picking the Charges and everything. You know, I must be mighty dumb because I'm looking at players man on man on both teams, on both sides of the ball, and it's big clear to me that the Texans got more out. Listen, when the Texans played detarit. I want to see that game, and the Texans should have won that game. But just to play with Detroit like that and everything that told me enough. The only thing that's been wrong with the Texans all season, I believe you you all will agree, is their offense been stagnant. But that don't mean that their offense is gonna stay stagnant in the playoffs. Who in the heck?
Speaker 1: I love the Chargers.
Speaker 11: I love Halball, I love that little quarterback over there. I think he's just fantastic. But who in the heck have the Chargers played all seasons that they have beat out. You know, I think maybe they'd beat Kansas City? What the first off second game? That don't mean nothing?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this, Al, I mean John, Sorry, we had Alan earlier. Let me ask you this, John, and I and I get it and I understand. But let me ask the perspective when I hear you say, well, who do the Chargers beat? Aside from buff who did the Texans beat?
Speaker 11: They hadn't beat anybody at all, but nearly every game that the Texans played, they probably lost by one or two points.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let me ask you this. Are you do you like? So?
Speaker 1: So we're rewarding people for losing close games? Or should we reward people for winning one score games? Which would you rather have? Well?
Speaker 11: I mean, I look at it on both sides, Sean. I mean when I look at the Texans, any team, you know, I don't necessarily be very bad.
Speaker 1: You want to see how they can play against good teams. And they've played well, and they've they've hung it, They've hung in there, they just haven't closed it out. No, I get. I'm just trying. I like to get perspective from different fans who see it different ways. And you know you're a regular on the show, So I'm just a perspective. Hell, I like to like, I love fans. Maybe it's something I haven't thought about that. So they have kept it close, and they've been competitive in close games. I get concerned about their inability to close it out late and get a little conservative and pray not to pray, I pray play not to lose. So I'm anxious to see how they go about this one. Do I think the Chargers that they can beat the Charger? I absolutely do. But I can tell you what It's not gonna be an easy task. The Chargers a lot like when it comes to it, the Chargers know how to keep games around the league. Well, it's it's Michigan. That's what Harvard. It's Michigan with a different color jersey. Right, play a good quarterback, play it physical, and shorten the game.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna have to get better offensive play from the Texans for four quarters or they won't win. They're not going to just win on defense this week. The Chargers are too good. They're gonna have to get offensive play.
Speaker 11: And I have faith that the Texans have been off ball with a couple of weeks. I have faith that they had finally figured out how to green more offense to these playoffs because it's now are his next season? And when I look at let's not forget when they played the Green Bay Packers to Green Bay Packers, we all would agree it's a pretty good team. They should have won that gone game. And then I say to myself, well, okay, if the Chargers were playing Green Bay Packers and they were playing Detroit, what would the score be? Detroit would kill them. Green Bay Packers would probably kill them. To the Chargers is a pretty good team. They would we were last season. They're having a pretty good little run. But it's all over come tomorrow. Rest secure, and I would bet, but I would never bet on anything. I never bet my last on nothing. But anybody want to bet today? I fear we'll bet them that the Textans win that game and it's not gonna even be close. I say it's gonna be let's say twenty twenty four twelve.
Speaker 1: Appreciated John Sewn. Appreciate your confidence, man, I like it. I hope we're coming in here Monday with a victory.
Speaker 4: I hope so let's make some picks for all the NFL playoff games, and of course a big one tonight Texas, Ohio State. That's next on S four STOK seven ninety if we want to win.
Speaker 2: Sean Salisbury continues on seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Double Dutch buss whatever to that song? Come on, I got some double Dutch bell bus.
Speaker 4: I got something better than that. Here we go. I need you a tripley to get fired up with me. You won't get one clap out of me?
Speaker 2: Why not sucks?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, look at Sean Tripley looking at this, he's already jamming. You guys are shaking your.
Speaker 1: Head because triple he thinks, get.
Speaker 2: Your own out tonight.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, tomorrow, here we go.
Speaker 1: Singing. Clay started yelling as yes as it us here and people at home are like cringe worthy over them. This cut blows.
Speaker 4: I mean, my god, listen to Clay. You're probably gonna be there tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What a shock will be singing a national anthem? Who's singing at this way?
Speaker 4: I don't even know who.
Speaker 11: Knows tough enough.
Speaker 2: Come on, Clay, I'm on, here we go, get off.
Speaker 1: Yes, pick football time and you did? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 15: No tip losing Yeah, we don't what and blood to day?
Speaker 1: Here we go, welcome.
Speaker 14: Sitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a banger. I don't know if I'm ready to run through a brick wall or get hit with a brick wall. Tor up, I don't know, man, See you might tork to this toru oh to to say, if you're torqued up, let's go sling it.
Speaker 4: Just torking it up, all right, go ahead and fait that out. Give me one real quick. We don't do it to that one? Yeah you do? You always go yeah, you know and turn it back up. Yeah, yes, here comes hometown cheers. We actually never let him play this long.
Speaker 1: I wonder why.
Speaker 4: It's football time in Houston. All right, I go ahead and we're ready to play. Hey, by the way, Houston.
Speaker 1: Texans, after listening to that song, they'll have a great offseason and enjoy their golf game until next year.
Speaker 4: Bryan just put the old okie doke on him. You see, Carson Beck withdrew from the NFL draft and now he's entering the transfer portal.
Speaker 1: Are you shocked?
Speaker 4: No? Guess where the favorite? Guess where the favorite is to land him? Notre Dame, no Miami. You know why his girlfriend plays basketball Miami. There you go, the cat one of the Cavender twins. Well, that's right, he's dating the Cavender's dating one of them. Yeah, well so he you know what he did. They went and did some reports and find out what the NFL was thinking about him and realized that not good and they're not getting drafted in the first couple.
Speaker 1: So go back and show your stuff. Well, if I'll tell you who worked, it worked for cam Moore didn't, Sure did, Yeah, and so look at him. So maybe it'll work for Carson Beck. It doesn't shock me at all that he's transferring, because I actually think that they were ready for.
Speaker 4: Him to to leave.
Speaker 1: I think that it was getting stale offensively for them.
Speaker 4: All right, let's make some picks. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Spreader, straight up, straight up Baltimore, Denver, Buffalo, Buffalo, closer than you think, green Bay, Philadelphia. I'm going green Bay.
Speaker 1: You know what, I want to pick green Bay too. I think Philadelphia gets by this round close one too many weapons on Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Commander's Buccaneers. Jalen Hurt's gonna have to throw the ball a little bit. Let's say it again. Commander's buccaneer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Commander Man. As much as I like the love Mike Evans and the way Baker Mayfilx plays, I'm going with the rookie.
Speaker 4: Give me Jaden Daniels and that team. And then the Monday night game Minnesota the Vikings at the Los Angeles Rams, even though they're moving over to Glende.
Speaker 1: I actually think the Vikings will overcome what they did last week. I think that swift kick and humble Pie will awaken them. Give me, give me the the Vikings by a touchdown.
Speaker 4: I think the Vikings are gonna be fine. Chargers Texans Chargers by Chargers a one score game. Give me the Chargers. They're one and done Texans.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: You're just asking my football team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going I'm going Chargers in a close one or low twenties for the win.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then Texas and Ohio State tonight in the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 1: With the I would bet I bet the Texans inside the number. So if you if I'm I take those points and I bet them, I mean the Longhorns. The most talented team in America is Ohio State. But my just threw it all. I think the most gifted quarterback in the game is yours. Give me a fast start and I'll get a good finish. Like last week, give me the Longhorns and something special happens in a in a play tonight to make the difference. Just take away the freshman, if you at the defense, out of the physicality. Give me a little more Texans in this I mean the Longhorns upfront, defense, interior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stuff like it. Man, a lot of football to watch this weekend. We're gonna break it all down on Monday. That's gonna do it. Go have a good weekend. Now you have a great one, Sue. Guys, be safe out there. That is Shawn Salisbury triple As our producer Ian Brian Lima. Thank you for listening. We're back Monday morning at six am. Enjoy your weekend. Be safe, Colin Uber, don't be an idiot. Talk to you Monday. Coming up next is The Matt Thomas Show with Ross right here on seven ninety