Speaker 1: Are you guys ready to make up? I hope we make a love connection.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I hope.
Speaker 1: So we're going to Newington. Stephanie's on the line. Second date update. Obviously, Stephanie, you went on a great first date and now you're getting ghosted? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't really get it. Okay, I went on a date with this guy. It was really amazing. We went to a happy hour at a little spot in the city. He chose it, okay, and it was was really awesome. And I don't really know what happened, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what's going on. All right. So the guy's name is Anthony, our producer says you. You and Anthony went out, You went to happy hour? How was the conversation? Was it awkward? Was it flowing?
Speaker 3: Fantastic? I was really able to open up, like, you know, I try to put myself out there, but you know, it's hard out here, and you know, this was kind of like the first time where I really thought like, okay, like I'm really into this. Then there's it's easy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd probably say.
Speaker 3: It was just it was the easiest one that I that I had had easy states and I don't know what really happened. It seems like he was into it.
Speaker 1: Too well, you say it it was happy hour? Is there? Did you have too much to drink? Did he have too much to drink? No?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not a huge drinker. I had, like, you know, one cocktail and then I had a couple of monktails.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So that went well. And so you sent him a text after the date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's literally nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well interesting, So let's go. This is what we're gonna do. We're gonna call up Anthony. I'm gonna ask him about the date. You know, you're going to be listening in at any point if you want to talk to him, you can, Okay, Oh, okay, hold on. I don't know. I don't know what could have happened or how this could have gone wrong. I was really thinking maybe they drank too much. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, I feel like the most normal ones are the ones that are not so all right.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi is Anthony there?
Speaker 1: This is hey Anthony. It's Courtney Anthony.
Speaker 2: It's Walmart chef.
Speaker 1: Hey, Anthony, it's Savannah. We're calling from Kiss ninety five seven. You're on the radio this morning. Anthony.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hi, Hey.
Speaker 1: So listen, Anthony, you're on something called second date update. You go on a first date, you get ghosted, We get the answers, and that's why we're calling you because Stephanie reached out to us to tell us about a great date you guys went on.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, okay, all right, So we just want you to be honest.
Speaker 1: She told us you guys went for a happy hour. You guys had great conversation. There is nothing awkward about the date. In fact, she felt like a connection to you. She sent you a text message and you didn't respond, so she wants to just know why she's getting ghosted.
Speaker 2: Well, like, so was it not a good date for you? No, it was the date. The date was fine. I I honestly, I just I felt like a therapist a little bit like I feel like on the date, I just I learned like everything about her, like her her obsession with like uh like saving uh saving pigs, and her best friend who is pregnant with a married man's baby. That's pretty her fear of clowns. Like all right, So what I'm feeling?
Speaker 1: First of all, Anthony, when you go on a first day that is kind of get to get to know each other. But are you Are you saying she just did a lot of talking and didn't want to get to know you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean it was like after the date, it was like I just I like I just needed like like a little bit to kind of process everything. Yeah. It's like when I leave work after hanging out with Plaiting, It's like I need to go home and have a cigarette and just kind of sit there and just collect my thoughts. You're ridiculous, right, And then like when I got like the long text from her, it was kind of like, Okay, I don't know, I don't know if this is going to be, you know, the right situation for me. And uh so you know that was I guess kind of my reason for all right.
Speaker 1: So, Anthony, so it was overwhelming, you felt like a therapist. She did a lot of talking, and then the text message she sent to you was extremely long. Yeah, guys get overwhelmed with a lot of words. They don't have a lot of vocabulary, no, so you got to keep it short. Can listen Anthony Stephanie. Stephanie's on the line, Anthony Stephanie, Hi.
Speaker 2: Did you talk about a lot.
Speaker 1: Did you try to get to know Anthony or did you just talk about yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I guess maybe. Yeah, I guess things have just been a little bit crazy recently. So when I kind of felt, I don't know, it just really comfortable and really vivy, I guess I just went on a little bit too long. Now i'm thinking back to it. Yeah, that's that's valid. Okay. I'm really sorry about that. That's so unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Do you accept your apology, Anthony?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, if we're going to these lengths to reach out, Yes, of course I'm going to accept, you know, her apology.
Speaker 1: Okay. And so then, Stephanie, when you send a text message to a guy, you have to keep it simple, not a lot of adjectives, smallers, yeah, measures, easier the better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I'm getting that.
Speaker 2: I'm getting that.
Speaker 3: I got to work on that, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what I want to do. I would like to offer to pay for the next date, because I feel like if I ever to go on a first date, I would be nervous and talk a lot too, and I wouldn't you know, I feel like you were just full of nerves. I want to pay for the next date. If you guys agree to go on another one, to give it another try.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Anthony, I'm definitely I'm definitely open to it. I really