Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ex's and Bros. Podcast on Matt Shepard. We bring you strong opinions, the best interviews in Michigan, and the most reasonable sports discussion you can find. Check out our show Monday through Friday from six until nine on Michigan Sportsnetwork dot com. Let's roll enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Pro Football Talk had this. Jared Goff said it best. He said, every team gets kicked in the mouth, but the good ones respond. The only thing I might say is, in the Lions sense, you could implement great instead of good, because when all is said and done, I truly believe this team is going to be great. Some of the responses to that article were a little alarming. These three. One said, it exposed your weakness. Answer me, this, what's the weak of the Lions?
Speaker 3: Probably the middle of the defense and maybe a little bit of the pass rush now, but we'll see how that ages because you've got some reinforcement there.
Speaker 2: Well, they're referencing it's Jared Goff. Really well, that's yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Last night it was, but I in general the weakness of the Lion.
Speaker 2: That's my point. The point is that when when somebody says, well, it exposed your weakness. Some smartasses say it, suggesting that after the article in Goff's comments, you think Jared Goff is the I'm not saying you, but I'm saying this person thinks Jared Goss the weakness a guy who was on pace to set the NFL record for completion percentage. He had a bad game, Yep, he did have. Others had bad games, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And I also think it's important to mention five picks is never good. But shep you and I have been ringing the bell for this for a while. Not every pick is on the quarterback. And a couple of those balls were batted up and then picked off, especially.
Speaker 2: The one at the one at the end of the half. I mean that's a hail mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what are you gonna do? I mean, that's nothing but a box score interception.
Speaker 2: Right, So you got you got a hail Mary, you got one that was a tipped ball. I I don't two of them are them on him? Number one and number two. I'm not going to look into you know, there are certain situations. Now, look in fairness, if the Lions lose that game, this is the conversation. You understand that, right, This is the conversation. Let's not let's not pretend it didn't happen. Let's not pretend that everything is just fine, even though he threw five picks, because if they don't come back, you and I are going now, the five interceptions are inexcusable. You know that, right of course, Like we're not talking about the middle of the defense. The middle of the defense was fine last night.
Speaker 3: No, I got it. I'm just saying that if if someone wants to tell me that Jared Goff is the weakness of the Lions and that was exposed last night, well two things. A they still overcame it and it happened in to win. And B I would contend that if you believe Jared Goff is the weakness of the defense or the weakness of the Lions, excuse me. You're simply just reading the box score. You didn't want That's all you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all you're doing. Jared Goff does have the second most interceptions in the league with nine, but so does Patrick.
Speaker 3: Mahomes and before last night he got four, and.
Speaker 2: So does so does Baker Mayfield. So that that surprised me a little bit. It exposed your weakness. Another person he's not good enough to lead to a team to a super Bowl. Well, idiot, he already has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how can you say a guy can't do something when he quite literally already has done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for living in a moment and not understanding all that that's done. I mean, it's just it's idiocy. I mean, this is what I suppose. This is what happens a lot of times on social media, and it sure shouldn't be. What shouldn't be one of those things where you and I take it seriously. But it just goes to show you that a lot of people do not follow certain teams. All they do is they just go, you know what, I'm going to read a box score, like you said, it says five picks. I'm going to make a judgment. Now, don't take all the other things into account. Please make sure you make sure you overlook all the other things that are associated with playing the position. Like even though he wasn't good last night, he is second in the NFL and completion percentage And by the way, the only guy beating him right now has played half the games that Jared Goff has played. Because I think that's really important. I do I think completion percentage is really important. Forget about where he ranks in yards. You know he's close to the top ten in that regard, so let's you know, put it in perspective.
Speaker 1: Please thanks for listening to the Exces and Bros. Podcast This on Spotify, Apple, and anywhere else you subscribe to podcasts.