Speaker 1: So I turned off my pistol and it is silent, and I'm like looking, I'm trying, I'm like stucking a little bit to each side, trying to figure out what.
Speaker 2: In the hell is going on. And all of a sudden, it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like you loaded up an eighteen wheeler and let it loose down the side of the mountain, branches, breaking, crashing, thundering noises.
Speaker 2: Which were the footsteps, I assume now just boom boom, boom boom down.
Speaker 1: The side of the mountains, but just paving a trail. Man, I've never heard anything like that.
Speaker 3: This is Bigfoot Crossroads. My name is Matt, and I am joined by Micah. Mike reached out to me recently with some interesting experiences he's had in Idaho, and him and I both but especially him, are hoping that maybe somebody listening will be able to shed a little light on his experience and maybe give him something to relate to, which is something a lot of us are looking for whenever we witness these things. Micah, thanks for joining me on Bigfoot Crossroads.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, thanks for having me. It's a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, So take us through that day what you were doing and everything that happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, So first encounter was in twenty fourteen. It was either March or April. I sorry, fifteen twenty fifteen, March or April twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I was a senior in high school.
Speaker 1: Had a buddy and I that we would go out and we would go coyote hunting near the area I still currently live in, not far from the Boise area, and we would go out coyote hunting, just out on the local ranches. We had a couple guys that would give us fifty bucks a coyote for two eighteen year old kids for an evening.
Speaker 2: That it was a great past time in a way to have a little cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we both grew up in Valley County, which is about two hours north of where I live now, Valley County, Idaho. I'm not going to use his name. I haven't talked to him about this. I don't have permission to use his name.
Speaker 3: No problem.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we were from a similar area growing up, and so we got permission from our parents. Our homework was all done, we didn't have tests or anything, so we got to skip school on a Friday and skip town and go wolf hunting. For a weekend in Idaho. They had just recently, like in like five years before that, I think like late two thousands, they had just reintroduced wolves in the area in Idaho, and they run rampant.
Speaker 2: Especially those first few years. It was nuts. Fish and game didn't want to say they existed.
Speaker 1: People were having cows killed, sheep were being killed, the elk herds.
Speaker 2: I grew up in a really small town. The elk used to be on the golf course in town at night. Wow.
Speaker 1: And once they reintroduced the wolves, they were just gone done.
Speaker 2: They were not anywhere they were normally seen once they reintroduced wolves.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure they worked over the all Kurds pretty good anyway. So we went up to just outside of a town called McCall, Idaho. He had this old jeep, this old two door jeep, and we called it the I think we called it the war wagon because that thing would go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. And we were.
Speaker 1: Kind of cruising these little mountain back roads and there was a sheep herder in the area. They've been having problems with wolves for a long time apparently, and my buddy knew him. The sheep herder had talked to my buddy's dad two weeks before we went up for this little hunting weekend and said that he'd lost three of his guard dogs to a wolf till a single wolf.
Speaker 2: That had been coming in and killing his sheep.
Speaker 1: I didn't connect all this until a couple of years later, but he said that one huge black.
Speaker 2: Wolf had come in and killed three of his guard dogs.
Speaker 1: For a reference that that was a Great Pyrenees and two Anatolian shepherds. So these are not small dogs that are being killed.
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: And something just destroyed those three dogs. So not only is he losing sheep, he's now lost his guard dogs. And this guy is not happy this This sheep hurder anyway.
Speaker 4: So we are cursing these little back roads, and he had a spot where he had heard that there was wolves in this little valley a few weeks prior.
Speaker 2: So we stopped and we hike.
Speaker 1: It's probably only a quarter mile hike from this little road up to the top of the ridge where we.
Speaker 2: Can kind of see down into the valley.
Speaker 1: We come up over this ridge and we sit there and we're just kind of listening, getting used to the sounds around us. And my buddy's sitting next to me. I see him slowly like sit upright, like if you were sit bolt upright in slow motion.
Speaker 2: That's what he did.
Speaker 1: And he nudges me and says three seventy right at the edge of the woodline.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, So he said three hundred and seventy yards right at the edge of clearing in front of us. On the opposite side, it had come out not all the way across this little meadow, but it was about three quarters of the way across coming out of the woodline and looked like it was crossing to the other side. It's on all fours.
Speaker 1: It is black as black can be, which I didn't think anything of it, again because we had black wolves in the area. I don't know, I think, I don't remember. I looked at one point and there's a Canadian gray wolf timberwolf hybrid that can be black, and the things are freaking huge.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of a.
Speaker 1: Guy up in a town called Grangeville, which is about four four hours north from where we were.
Speaker 2: He's holding a wolf under the front legs.
Speaker 1: The guy six foot two, by the way, He's holding a black wolf under its front legs and the back feet are still touching the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they were big wolves.
Speaker 1: So in my mind, I'm thinking, this is just one of these huge black wolves.
Speaker 2: Cool, we're going to get a shot on it. We're going to get to go home with a wolf. And something that we would do when we were kyote hunting is he had a.
Speaker 1: Two two three bolt action that his dad had a surpresser on, a fully legal. He had the documents, he had the tax stamps, everything, and that thing was a coyote killing machine.
Speaker 2: That gun was.
Speaker 1: But what we would do is usually he would take the first shot and then if he missed, I was scoped on the same animal, and if he missed, I would do a follow up shot.
Speaker 2: And we had a pretty good success rate with that.
Speaker 1: But this time we had decided to switch and I was going to shoot first. I had an unsuppressed two twenty three and so I my buddy ranges him and he says, all right, he's at three seventy four.
Speaker 2: That's not exact.
Speaker 1: I think it was three hundred and seventy four yards because we'd been practicing shooting like three hundred to four hundred on coyotes recently, and we had pretty good success. So I'm like, all right, So I said, take my breast. You know, I'm on my little, my little shooting stand, my tripod. I take my breath and I fired I and I don't know if I missed or if it the shot had.
Speaker 2: No effect or what, but it didn't know we were there. It's just kind of at a slow.
Speaker 1: Not quite a trot, but it's just moving at a pretty good little pace across this.
Speaker 2: Clearing, not in a hurry.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if I missed or if the shot had no effect, but this thing was gone before my buddy could take a follow up shot. And it covered.
Speaker 2: Probably seventy yards in two seconds three seconds.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I don't even know how to describe how fast this thing. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I was unbelievably fast. And I kind of looked at my buddy and I was like that that thing's gone already, and he goes, dude, I didn't even I couldn't even keep it in the scope to.
Speaker 2: Track it for a follow up.
Speaker 1: And he he was a ridiculously good shot and he couldn't couldn't do it. So we're like, all right, well, that was weird, and we just shot the unsuppressed rifle first, So we're going to go to a different.
Speaker 2: Spot, you know.
Speaker 1: So we did, and we ended up going to like a completely different valley like four miles away and got a couple of coyotes and nothing crazy. But that that kind of wraps up that encounter except for the next day. We went back trying to see, if you know, maybe we'll get lucky, and this thing comes back through and like I said in the email, there it was a tree stump that this thing had walked in front of.
Speaker 2: I did not realize it at the time.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big dude, I'm only five nine, But when I walked up to that stump it was.
Speaker 2: It is not really a stump. It was a cutoff tree.
Speaker 1: That tree cut was just below like my belly button area. There was daylight between that thing and the stump under its chet.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 2: So I mean again, you're talking three and a half.
Speaker 1: Feet maybe four feet to the bottom of the stomach, which is like four.
Speaker 2: And a half five feet at the shoulder. Yeah. I don't know if any wolf that gets that big. No. I walked up to.
Speaker 1: It and I'm kind of looking at the stump, and I turned and looked at my buddy, and I can tell he's thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, did you there was daylight between that and the stump? Right that wolf?
Speaker 1: And he goes, yeah, that's the biggest damn wolf I've ever seen. And that's and that was the end of it, because we were like, well, it was just a big friggin wolf, you know, just a freaking big wolf.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know if any species that gets that big.
Speaker 3: I mean, I assume that whenever you fired, both of you had your scopes on it, right.
Speaker 2: Yep, just like we did when we were coyote hunting.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you see any physical reaction from being hit?
Speaker 2: No, That's why I don't know if I missed or if the shot had no effect.
Speaker 1: You know, after listening to some podcasts, I've heard that these things are you know, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call it, whether it's bulletproof or the bullets just don't do anything. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've taken shots at really similar ranges on coyotes which were a lot smaller than.
Speaker 2: This thing, and I'd rolled them. Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't know if I missed or if it just didn't do anything, but it was gone before my buddy could even figure it out and get a follow up shot. And we, like I said we would coyote hunt, we would both be scoped in and as soon as we figured out if he missed or not, because usually he shot the suppressed rifle first, and if he missed, I would follow up on it. And we'd done it many times in whatever order and successfully.
Speaker 2: And it was gone and I'm gone before he could do anything.
Speaker 3: Did everything about it seem normal?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Did it look normal in appearance? From what you could tell?
Speaker 1: I was so excited to see a wolf that I didn't, shamefully, I didn't look.
Speaker 2: Super closely, but it, I mean it was. It didn't seem all that out of the normal. It was big, it was on all floors, it had.
Speaker 1: A tail, it had wolf type ears. I mean it looked like a mass.
Speaker 3: Of black wolves and just solid black.
Speaker 1: Jeah, I mean black as black can be in my in my scope, the it was blacker than the black of my crosst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is also something that I've heard witnesses mentioned before, is how dark of a black it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that part's for real. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 3: And then the speed that it left the area. I mean, typically the larger something is, the slower it is.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Man, you would think so, I've never seen anything moved the way this thing did.
Speaker 2: Not an animal, not a human.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable. Like I said, it was seventy yards ish.
Speaker 2: It was nuts.
Speaker 3: You're an experienced coyote hunter at that point, and you've had the ability to, you know, take double shots previously. You're used to the movements, You're used to the speed. I mean, that's what I tell people. You know, over and over again. You were the one that was there and witnessed it and experienced everything. You would know better than anyone else.
Speaker 1: If my friend hadn't been here, I would have thought I imagined it.
Speaker 2: That's how fast it was.
Speaker 3: No noises or anything like that. Obviously, whenever you went back the next day, you didn't see any signs of blood or anything.
Speaker 2: No, no signs of blood. I didn't really hear noises.
Speaker 1: But like I said, we were three one hundred and seventy five yards away. Yeah, so I don't think I mean, if there was noise that we could hear from that far, it would have been.
Speaker 2: A hell of a racket. But no, there was no noise, there was no blood, nothing.
Speaker 3: Do you happen to know if the property owner had any more problems after that?
Speaker 2: The sheep hurder was.
Speaker 1: His land where he ran his sheep was like, I think a mile away as the crow flies. So we were close to the property, but we were actually on public land during that incident.
Speaker 3: But you never heard anything from him afterwards.
Speaker 1: No, because we graduated in May and then I'm still friends with the guy, but I don't see the guy that I was with.
Speaker 2: I'm still friends with him, but we don't see each other super often. Yeah, so we just.
Speaker 1: Kind of it was a big black wolf and we missed and that sucks And how was that?
Speaker 2: Dog?
Speaker 3: Man? Is not my field of expertise, I would say, but it's something that I have talked to people about, and I have talked to several people who have reported seeing what you're describing a large black wolf except supersized. Yeah, and you're probably the third or fourth person that I've talked to that has witnessed something like this from all over the United States. So it's definitely something at this point. Yeah, I would definitely say that. I can't say, you know, you didn't see it stand up.
Speaker 2: Or anything not that I saw.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I can't say that it was a dog man as people describe a dog man being on two legs. Yeah, they say they can go on all fours and stand up on two legs and vice versa. So I mean, it's definitely a possibility, but it's definitely something. Like I said that, I've talked to other people who have said that they've seen the same thing. So there's something out there. Yeah, that's being seen by people that in all descriptions of a giant black wolf.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I honestly, if that thing had stood up on two legs, I probably would have had a heart attack. As big as it was. I mean, I had a coworker that had two two big, great dings, Like one of them could stand just normally in front of me and barely tip his head back, and we were nosed to know he was a big dog. Yeah, and this this whatever I shot at dwarfed that great dane.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One guy I talked to described it as at first he thought he was looking at a black cow out in the field. But it wasn't moving like a cow. And then it kind of turned its body where he could see its silhouette better and realized that it was a canine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this thing was broadside to us. There was never a question that it was a wolf. I mean it was as a hunter.
Speaker 2: This is like almost a picture perfect shot. He's he's he is.
Speaker 1: Coming from like my three o'clock towards my nine o'clock. I've got the wind in my face where he's ranged. He's just tutulu and along this clear.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was perfect. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't again, I don't know if I don't know how I missed, if I missed. I saw that shot in my sleep for weeks after that.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted a black wolf. I was going to get it mounted. I wanted that black wolf.
Speaker 1: The moment that we realized, like holy cow, that was the biggest damn wolf we've ever seen, because my buddy's a little bit taller than me, and when we walked up on that cut tree and realized how tall that thing was at the shoulders, we were like, holy crap.
Speaker 3: So the shot is something that's what triggered me and triggered memories within myself. I had this friend. He passed away whenever we were young, but we were best friends in high school. Spent a lot of time together, a lot of time talking. He was Native American and his family had some land that they would go hunting on. They had a cabin there and they'd go deer hunting every year and on this property, which I have been to. It's a pretty crazy place.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: They would see a large black cat. They described it as a panther. Yeah, And I know he even had his brother talk to me about it. One time. His father and his brother both had taken shots at this thing while deer hunting on the property. And I mean both of these guys were crack shots, you know, especially his dad had been hunting for years and years and years and years, and same reaction, you know, absolutely swear up and down. They hit it, had it dead to rights, and it didn't even flinch. It would just run off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's exactly what happened with this thing. And my buddy was like, did you hit it? And I was like, you've seen me make that shot. I made that shot. It was less than a week prior. It was the Saturday before we'd gone kyote hunting and we'd gotten three of them, and I made that almost exactly the same shot on a coyote, which is, you know, the the coyotes in Idaho aren't huge. There're fifty sixty pounds, so it's a lot smaller than this thing was.
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't know. I don't know if I'll ever.
Speaker 3: Know to not even flinch or anything. I mean, yeah, whenever you miss a shot, you usually know that you missed it, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, absolutely, I do. Once you've taken enough shots, you're like, can't I pulled that? Na miss?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was low?
Speaker 1: You know you can usually you can usually call where the shot goes if you if you spend the amount of time behind the scope. And man, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe somebody will be listening that we'll be able to say, yeah, that happened to me too.
Speaker 1: I would love it if somebody else from Idaho's had something like that happened.
Speaker 3: I can say that I have heard mention that some of the natives up around Idaho do talk about a dog man creature.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, if you hear anything in the future, I would love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. I'll definitely put you into contact with some people.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: So, but this wasn't your only strange encounter.
Speaker 2: No, it was not.
Speaker 1: So the second one was in September of twenty eighteen. It was about three and a half ish years later, completely different area. This area that the second encounter happened in. I'm going to use the hunting zones for the areas, Like if you were to look at a fishing game map, you can look and be like, Okay, it happened in these areas of these areas. So the first one happened, and what's called the McCall zone. The second one happened, it's called the Weezer River zone. I was archery hunting. I'd gotten into it a couple of years prior, and I had gone and scouted this area and you kind of went up the mountain and then.
Speaker 2: There I found this little pullout on Google Maps.
Speaker 1: I was looking one day at this mountain and I was like, Hey, I think I'm gonna go check this spot out. So I had on X maps, I had, I had offline maps ready to go. I had my little route track or all set and I went in just on a day trip.
Speaker 2: Left really early in the morning. It was about uh.
Speaker 1: About a three hour drive up there, so I left really early in the morning.
Speaker 2: I got up there a little after the sun was up. I walk in.
Speaker 1: It was about a mile and a half I think, to where I had picked as a glassing point, and the spot that I picked, I had the highest peak in the area, kind of off to my left with a deep canyon, and then another point probably a quarter mile out in front of me in a in a straight line.
Speaker 2: Quarter mile, so it was it was a pretty good ways off.
Speaker 1: And I sat there and I glassed, and I'd found ELK.
Speaker 2: I had a good little trail.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, if I can, you know, if I and take some time and come back here, I should be set, Like I should be able to find ELK. Maybe I'll get a shot, maybe I won't, but I should be able to get on them if I come back here. So next week I came back and there was a couple of like dirt, big dirt bike trails in the area, but I didn't hear anything. I was up there in the middle of the week intentionally so that hopefully people wouldn't be ripping around on.
Speaker 2: Dirt bikes and pushing elk around.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So the second time I was in there, I did not see another living creature. I was like, what the heck is going on? I just saw elkin here, I just saw deer and here like five.
Speaker 2: Days ago, six days ago.
Speaker 1: And I spent all day hiking around glassing. I did a couple of bugles, which admittedly weren't the greatest. I was never the greatest at ault calling.
Speaker 2: But this it's like the middle.
Speaker 1: Or the last third of September, like if you're muggling, the elk should respond in theory, of course, And there was not a thing.
Speaker 2: There was not a chipmunk, there wasn't.
Speaker 1: A bird, nothing, which at the time i'd like seen finding Bigfoot and you know whatever.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know a lot about it. I hadn't listened to podcasts, I hadn't listened to encounter stories. I didn't know anything.
Speaker 1: I thought they were just some big, hairy creature that walked around in the woods.
Speaker 2: And occasionally people saw them.
Speaker 1: It's getting towards towards dark, and I'm like, okay, I'm gonna be up here for a couple of days, Like it's not a big deal. I'd, you know, hike around a bunch again tomorrow and try to see if I can find where they're at. So I'm walking back to I was sleeping in my vehicle, and as I'm walking down this game trail that kind of like side hills along inside the mountain and off the trail, this sort of been too my left side, I realize I can hear something walking and it's just just a slow, steady kind of crunch crunch roll.
Speaker 2: It's it's quiet, but it's there.
Speaker 1: And my mind again, I don't I don't know anything really about Bigfoot other than what I've seen on the TV shows. It is not even a thought in my mind at this point. I'm thinking this is either bear or cougar. Either way, I'm by myself, a mile from my car.
Speaker 2: I might be in trouble.
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of walking slowly and trying to look without looking off to my left to try to see this thing. And it's sounds like it's I don't know, twenty twenty five yards away, which should have been my first inclination that it's not a cougar, because if it's a cougar, you're very likely not gonna hear it. Yeah again, I was a newer hunter. I really probably shouldn't have been out there by myself, but I was twenty two when gung ho and invincible and just ready to go.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I remember at one point I stopped and this thing stopped. I've heard the saying deathly quiet. That is the only thing I can think to describe it. There is not a word, not a sound, not a whisper, nothing.
Speaker 2: So I keep walking slowly and this.
Speaker 1: Thing resumes walking with me, and I'm like, okay, this this has this has to be a bear. So I did it like a quick stop again where I took like a short step, and this thing took one more step after I stopped. So I was like, oh crap, this is this has to be a bear, and I'm deep crap all at once. There is the most like explosive, forceful, just hella, and I felt it in my chest like the base at a concert, and it scared me so bad.
Speaker 2: So I spind my left and I'm bow hunting.
Speaker 1: And technically you're not supposed to have a firearm, but I always had a pistol with me just in case. You know, it's not gonna do much against a bear, but it was a sense of security more than anything.
Speaker 2: It's just a to a.
Speaker 1: Nine millimeter, But i turn and draw my pistol because I'm like, I'm about to get charged by this thing. This is a bear, and it's about to come and mess me up, and I'm gonna be stuck out here on the mountain for at least two days until my brother in law comes to find me.
Speaker 3: Horrible situation, by the way, not done, not.
Speaker 2: Done at all.
Speaker 1: So I turned draw my pistol and it is silent, and I'm like looking, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm like stucking a little bit to each side, trying to figure out what in the hell is going on. And all of a sudden, it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like you loaded up an eighteen wheeler and let it loose down the side of the mountain, branches breaking, crashing, thundering noises, which were the footsteps, I assume now.
Speaker 2: Just boom boom, boom boom down the side of the mountain. For I don't know how far it ran, and it ran a pretty good little distance, but just paving a trail. Man, I've never heard anything like that.
Speaker 3: What what did you think at that point.
Speaker 2: I mean, I did not have any idea. A dude, I was so scared.
Speaker 1: I there's only one other time in the woods where I'd been anywhere near that scared, and that was a different story. But it ended up being that there was a mountain lion in the area. But I never anything like that. It's the most scared I've ever been in my life because I was Again I'm thinking, what on God's green earth was that? And again, I'm a relatively new hunter. I'm by myself. I'm three hours away. My brother in law knows that if I don't come back in two days to come and find me.
Speaker 2: He knows where I'm at.
Speaker 1: I set him u pin where I left my vehicle, so he at least knows where to come.
Speaker 2: Look kind of, but I'm by myself. This really wasn't very smart.
Speaker 3: And how far were you from your vehicle at that point?
Speaker 2: About a mile three quarters of a mile to a mile.
Speaker 3: That had to have been a really long walk.
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, I was shaken so bad. I was so scared, it's unreal.
Speaker 1: I did not put my pistol back in my hole surther rets of the way the vehicle.
Speaker 2: I put my bow on my backpack.
Speaker 1: I had a little hook that I made on my backpack that I could set the limb of my bow into it and it would carry it. And I get rattled and everything, but I could have my other hand free, and I have never walked a mile so fast in my life.
Speaker 2: I walked my car and I went home, and I got back down to the.
Speaker 1: Valley where I live, and my girlfriend at the time, she thought I was going to be gone for like three more days.
Speaker 2: I think this was like a Wednesday or Thursday. I wasn't supposed to be back until Sunday.
Speaker 1: And I got back that night and she was like, what happened? And I was like, I don't know, but I'm not going back up there. And I've not been back to that area since. I have only been hunting one other time since then.
Speaker 2: Wow, and that was two years ago.
Speaker 1: I still have all my stuff, I hadn't sold everything, but I will not ever go back in that area again unless I had like four people with me. And only later on did I find out. From listening to a podcast, I hear the guy talking about something paralleling him out and then a big foot stepping into the trail in front of him.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my gosh, there is no way, because he described it almost word for word.
Speaker 1: Would happened to me, something walking alongside him and then the huff, and then a different one stepped out in front of him. So I don't know if that was a little bit of luck that this thing at least seemed to be by itself, because I didn't ever see anything, right, But man, I am so glad I didn't see anything.
Speaker 2: For one, I think again I would have had a heart attack. For two, I was so scared. I think I would have just started pulling the trigger. I don't know what I would have done.
Speaker 3: Have you been around bears in the wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a Again, I grew up in a really small town.
Speaker 1: We had a bear that would come and raid our trash can and my neighbor's trash can, who is a classmate of money. We had bears. I'd seen kyotes. We had mountain lion tracks on main street. Wow, fishing game had become dark a mountain lion and relocate it in town. I was not unfamiliar with them. I had never seen a mountain lion in the wild. I've actually only ever seen one in person, and it was crossing the road. But when it huffed, the first thing my mind went to was there. But man, the lung power that thing had to have is nuts.
Speaker 2: It rattled my ribs and again it was just a big, powerful, just kind of I don't even do it justice.
Speaker 3: Like bears make a lot of noise. It wouldn't have just been a single huff, you know. There probably should have been some jaw clacking and a lot more huffing and snorting and stuff. And they'll definitely parallel people in a situation whenever they're hunting or checking something out, but usually once they figure out it's a human, they just hall ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Usually black bears are kind of sissies, like they just were. They're like, oh craft human, run away.
Speaker 3: And the whole like trying to match your steps. Bears don't do that.
Speaker 1: I think that was what scared me the most is I can't see this thing, but it is matching me almost perfectly, step for step.
Speaker 3: I mean, did it sound by pedal At the time.
Speaker 2: I wasn't thinking about that, but thinking back on it, yeah, it was. It was two feet. It was walk because.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not in a hurry, like I'm walking along this trail listening, and every time my boot would come down on the trail, it would it would match me. It wasn't two matches for every one time my boot came down, you know it wasn't. It wasn't step step step step step step, like you hear it something on four legs. I think people who've been outdoors and I've hunted, and to know what I mean by that, like that you'll hear from a deer kind of.
Speaker 3: Thing, right, No, this was.
Speaker 2: Crunch, crunch, crunch, and eerily matching it. It was scary.
Speaker 3: Something from my own experience is a way that I've described it, because this is how it seemed to me. If you're out walking in the woods, not hunting, mind, you just walking. Humans make more noise than anything. Let's be clear about that. Oh, absolutely are extremely noisy. But like if you've ever just been like walking out in the woods or whatever, you can hear your steps. Usually you know you're swishing through the debris and everything to leave clutter or whatever. Animals whenever they walk, they're quieter, but typically in a relaxed situation they're just walking. You know you'll hear them walking these things. Their steps have purpose very purposeful when they walk. They're not just shuffling their feet and just walking casually through the woods like an animal. It's like each step has an intent and they're paying attention like how they're stepping and how much noise they're making, everything else going on at the time. It's scary. It's very scary, very unnerving.
Speaker 2: It felt like I was being stocked. Yeah, that's what it was, because that's when that's when humans get quiet, as when they're stalking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's when you're looking down to make sure you step on moss or a rock and not on a stick. Like it felt like I was being stocked with.
Speaker 2: Bad intentions.
Speaker 1: It just gives me the chills even now, even sitting here thinking about it, my arm hair is standing.
Speaker 2: It was, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I and I didn't tell anybody about that until I think.
Speaker 2: It was either earlier this year or late last year. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I hadn't told a soul because last year about this time is when I started listening to podcasts, and I'd always I'd always been kind of interested in it, like Monster Quest was one of my favorite monster shows.
Speaker 2: I love Monster Quests.
Speaker 1: It was it was great, you know, I loved hearing the stories and and obviously they never find anything, but still it's fascinating to me. And I think I was I think I was listening to West Germer's show.
Speaker 2: Sasquatch Chronicles, and that was where I heard the story of the guy being paralleled.
Speaker 1: And I'm a I'm an Amazon delivery driver and I stopped in the middle of somebody's path and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my gosh, that's what happened to me. That's what happened all again, almost word for word being paralleled. Huh. And then a siding, and I'm just glad I didn't have a siding. I don't know if I want to see one of these things.
Speaker 3: A buddy of buying cam on the show and talked about being paralleled down in Texas and got freaked out. He was shook. He was shook by it just being paralleled. And then another real good friend of mine got paralleled out in California and he didn't see anything but very similar description, even down to like the part where it just like crashes off into the woods and runs off.
Speaker 1: That was the other thing that scared me is how much noise it made going away.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've I've spooked deer, I've spooked elk.
Speaker 1: They they make a pretty good racket when they when they're moving and a big is smacking his antlers off of trees as he's running away and not caring, they make a pretty good day. It was nothing like what ran away from me, which I don't know why it ran away, but my pistol wouldn't have done anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it ran away because I drew my pistol. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it just decided I'll crap this thing that like this little human knows I'm here now, time to get out of do I don't know, but man, it got.
Speaker 2: Out of there, and it got out of there fast.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you live to tell the tale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thankfully.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I haven't been back up there, but it's just bizarre, the whole behavior, the paralleling. I don't know if they're if they're watching. I mean, hopefully someday we get the answers, but I don't know if that'll happen.
Speaker 3: Here we are. I mean, like you said, this happened in twenty eighteen. Yeah, so many people out there would just take this story as like, okay, so the guy heard some noise in the woods. You don't talk about noises in the woods. You know years later, and it has the profound effect on you. It's almost like there's something inside of us that knows, there's something instinctual that picks up that like this wasn't normal, this was something else.
Speaker 1: That's the best way I can excuse me, the best way I can think to describe it, and that's the best way.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't make sense unless you've gone through it. But that fear that I felt.
Speaker 1: Was something I've never felt in my life, and I really, honestly, I hope I never feel it again, because I just in my bones, I was like, this is not good. I am in deep shit and I don't know how I'm gonna get out of this, Like there's nothing you can do. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was listening to your show and somebody mentioned the BFRO reports, and I was like, you know what, I'm going to go. I'm going to go look this up. I'm going to see about this. And the county that I grew up in, Valley County has either the second or the third most bigfoot sidings in.
Speaker 2: My state in Idaho.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And I think the most recent one was like twenty thirteen, so nothing recently reported, but I was like, wow, I had no and they were areas not far from me.
Speaker 2: One was at a ski.
Speaker 1: Resort called Tamarack Resort, which is twenty five minute drive from where from the house I grew up in. And then another one was at a spot called Warm Lake, which is a thirty minute drive from.
Speaker 2: The house I grew up in.
Speaker 1: I didn't and I had no idea until, like I said, a week two weeks ago, when I went in loove.
Speaker 2: That was bizarre.
Speaker 3: Which area of the state are you in.
Speaker 2: Currently?
Speaker 1: I live in the Boise area, which is the capital city. I'm about twenty five minutes from.
Speaker 2: The capital city.
Speaker 1: But the area that I grew up in in Valley County was a little little tiny town called Cascade. I grew up in a teeny teeny tiny town. It's like a thousand people if you get every redneck out of the hills for the census. But that's the area I grew up in.
Speaker 3: Have you had any ghost or UFO experiences or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I've never had any UFO experiences. Quite frankly, I'm not ever really looking.
Speaker 2: Though, so there might have been something.
Speaker 1: The only paranormal experience I've ever had it was a one time thing. I was in PE class and I went to go get the dodgeballs for the PE class with one of my classmates and they like had to go to the bathroom, so I just went to the old equipment room. It was in the what we call the little gym, the old gym and the locker room at that place.
Speaker 2: If it was dark, creepy, it was scary.
Speaker 1: But I went down into that little spot and I would and it's dark and I'm fumbling for the light switch, but I would swear. Somebody right behind my left shoulder went hey, and I thought it was my classmate strewing with me.
Speaker 2: And I turn around and there's nothing. Wow, that's the And so that was that was trippy.
Speaker 3: Well, man, I appreciate you coming on and talking to me. Man.
Speaker 1: No, I again, I appreciate you having me, and I like the way you do your shows, the way you you kind of let people talk and hear them out and ask questions, and I just really appreciate you let me come on and share.
Speaker 2: My my ramblings.
Speaker 3: So I greatly appreciate it. So it's good. It's good. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And if you've had an encounter with something you can't explain, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.