Speaker 1: Coming up on the show as I beat my microphone for no reason. So I'm swinging my hand around the uh Washington yesterday. I'm not gonna play an ounce really of I'm not gonna play an ounce of the audio from the thing, So don't you're not gonna, you know, get torture with that. But the Corey Booker insanity up there and the Anna Paulina Luna or whatever, and it wasn't just her, but with proxy voting for new parents, it's not just new moms, it's actually new parents. The way that that's the rule change seems to be constructed. There wasn't a day that a lot got accomplished, even though Luna got her thing. It literally then ended with the leadership in the house like all right, we're not doing anything for the rest of the week. Really, and it is it is a control. What you saw was what's known as a dis charge petition. Leadership doesn't like them. Leadership wants to control what bills actually get votes. And to some extent, I understand that if they were churning stuff out, but like you guys really haven't been churning anything out. And I don't know how I feel about the rule change. Honestly, like some you know, stuff like that sometimes makes sense, but you know, one of the things in an elected body, and you've seen it, not just at the federal level. But she's like the lottery, right, Remember when they wanted to get the lottery in North Carolina. If you've been here long enough to remember that, what do they do? They literally timed it and had to coincide it with what one member's wedding, so he wasn't there, and then there was another person for some reason, I think maybe illness, and then that's that's what you do if you can get the number. Remember when remember when that lunatic state senator starts screaming her head off because she claimed that all the Democrats were at nine to eleven memorials would they weren't and that Republicans took advantage of it they which they did. They took they took advantage of y'all not being there. But it was literally listed as a possible thing that could be voted on that day. So like there's a certain gamesmanship to that. But in retrospect, you also saw what happened during COVID right where they basically said, you can remember the dude, who was who was voting on the yacht? The's proxy voting on a yacht, And they're like, that's not really what that was intended for. So like, I get the arguments all around, but I don't know that it's a productive use of the gopiece time to die on this hill even though it's one of their members who assentised. I mean, it wasn't just there. It was bipartisan, I guess, but like, yeah, you're talking about talking about babies, which I don't know. I was kind of a debate issue in Washington over some other stuff. So but I don't have any kids, so I don't know that I can speak intelligently about what it is to attempt to accomplish you know, you know, go to it. Obviously, this is a unique situation because they're still supposed to be working right and so feasibly, feasibly you're going to have to have childcare there if you're a member of Congress for all the you know, the stuff you're supposed to be doing. I mean, you got a thousand page bills you apparently are able to read in a day, so you can't do that bouncing a baby on your knees. So I don't know what any of this looks like, but I know some people, but mostly women, obviously, mostly women who have a baby. Usually it's not the first one. It's that old meme right where the first kid is like, you got all the expensive stuff, all the safety equipment. Time you get to your third, you're like, babe, then go play with the wood shipper. Go play with the wood shipper kids. Right. I was the oldest, so like, I wasn't allowed to do anything initially, and by the time my brother gets along, my mom say you want to drive, you can stand up? Now, you can do that. So and then so I've seen I've worked with people that had a baby and then I see him in the office like two weeks later, I'm like, didn't you just have a baby? Okay, all right? And then others who will take like a sabbatical. One of the sellers up in Minneapolis when I was up there, she had two babies while I was up there. She took a year off for each baby. I'd forget that she worked there and then she come back. So all that to say, we'll get into it with one of those up in the up in the middle of all of it. Congressman Brad Not, he'll join us at eight oh five and we'll talk babies and whatever. Corey Booker was doing. I refused to call it a filibuster because I don't I think it is a filibuster? Is it? As I understand, And I'm not trying to be I'm not trying to be coy here. As I understand, the filibuster is about holding up an objection to a specific piece of legislation. Azzawi, Corey Booker was doing. His beef was all everything and nothing, really everything and nothing. He just rambled on for twenty four hours and twenty minutes or whatever it was for about how much Trump he how much he hates Trump, dood link, what Trump's doing. Well, that's not a piece of legislation, that's that's an agenda. So I don't know if it qualifies as a filibuster. I know that the Senate's also not going to accomplish anything this week as a result, which in that in that sense, it fills filibuster. If that was his intended goal, I just don't know that he's smart enough to figure that out. I don't know. And while he's sitting there rambling on his staff is getting arrested for trying to bring handguns into the one of the capitol buildings. Oh, Roster, we know if it was T Bone. I didn't even check that the dude it was the dude? His guy was that T Bone. I don't know what T Bone's real name is. I forgot about T Bone and corn Pops. Do you think corn Pop and T Bone ever crossed paths? They're bad dudes. Although I think Booker eventually admitted that T Bone was like an amalgamation, now let's say that word wrong whatever, a collection of former friends that he kind of crafted a single individual out of and not real. So in that sense, maybe there's no way corn Pop could have met him. But that's thinking that corn Pop's real. So, and I don't know. I mean, it's not that far from South Jersey to uh, you know, Delaware. So maybe somebody should ask him, because I'm sure he's gonna be doing a crap ton of interviews while they all uh, while they all laud each other. Why is Boston Paul sending me pictures of beagles? Are you day drinking again?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: What is that? Okay? All right? I don't know what's going on. I have some questions about a few things that are going on now. Kyle, you guys, Kyle and News is not here this week. He's on vacation this week, so you might have picked up on that. And I am not familiar with the fill ins that they found for him, because we run a nationwide market by market news network within the company obviously, because we have news talk stations everywhere, So depending on how things are staffed, you may have somebody's feeling in from a different part of the country when your local news guy or guys or gals are gone. And since Kyle's out, that's what we have. And what's the Bless their heart, this played this morning. Somebody referenced this yesterday to me, and I didn't initially know what you were talking about, so I had to Once I've now figured out what it is, I've contacted the unnecessary people here this woof all right, tell me if you can figure out why I may have just did an oof at this thing. Okay, you ready?
Speaker 3: Here we go to the new Bill in North Carolina is proposing to make The Andy Griffin Show the official television show of the state. The show, which aired from nineteen sixty to nineteen sixty eight starred Andy Griffin and showcase Small Town Life.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? What is is?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I think you get don't you get thrown out of North Carolina for that? You know? They never do this too, Bobby Graham, they would, they would never. Oh it's Griffith, it's what what is what?
Speaker 5: It's Andy Griffin and he is of course related to Kathy Griffin.
Speaker 1: No, don't do that to him. I understand that people are gonna object politically. Just just cheer a fany Okay, don't do that to him.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to put a Kathy Griffin wing in there, right, Maybe she could present it like like a voice recordingly, here's my my dad.
Speaker 1: I love it, dude. What if it's not Kathy Griffin Griffins. What if it's the mythical creature Griffins you're with, with the with the the lion body and the bald eagle head and the wings and all that, right, Maybe that's who he's related to.
Speaker 5: It was amazing a Barney Fife could balance on that thing and fly around Mayberry.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you know what they didn't have crime?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: No? Why because you'd be committing crime, and what would happen. A griffin would come in.
Speaker 5: He would pick you up and dump you in the pond. No, it would eat you, man, and Ron Howard would just keep fishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he did. It was a simpler time, it was. And then poor Mountain Airy is now gonna have to build a giant Griffin statue. All right, go by where that sonic is kind of towards the middle of town, that big parking lot there. You just boom, just five hundred foot tall giant winged lion eagle thing. It'll change the It'll change the whole makeup of the community. Man. All right, So I'm gonna make I'm going to make an educated guess that the fill in newspeople are not from Uh well, they're clearly not from North Carolina. I know all of our newspeople, but not from around here. Sorry, I'll probably get in trouble for teasing them. But it's it's it's a little funny.
Speaker 5: You think merv Griffin is also gonna have a wing?
Speaker 1: Oh how many the mount area is gonna have to, Like, they're gonna go bankrupt building these new statues. Man, Yeah, I think that's Uh, I think that's probably or we could build the statues in Griffin, Austria, right, go right to the source. Who was the Vikings used to have a player. Uh, I mean he still plays, but hey, he's on like some big medical His name's Griffin. I remember his first I think it is Everson Everson Griffin. So perhaps that's what they were talking about. Don't know. All Right, one more time, just in case you're we're a little groggy the first time I played it, and then we'll move on, and uh, I will I will notify the.
Speaker 3: New bill in North Carolina is proposing to make The Andy Griffin Show the official television show of the state. The show, which aired from nineteen sixty to nineteen sixty eight, starred Andy Griffin and showcase small town life.
Speaker 1: All Right, I have a question, just on the face of it, and let's assume that the word Griffith is that replaced. Is there another show that would even compete with the Andy Grifffith Show for North the official show of North Carolina? I can't think. I mean, there's clearly there are shows that are associated with North Carolina. What was the one when we were in high school in college? What was the daw Dawson's Creek, right, that's.
Speaker 5: A Dawson's Creek, and One Tree Hill.
Speaker 1: And One Tree Hill were the two big Wilmington ones. Obviously there was a lot of movies, but as far as TV shows, I don't know that there's any that compete on that level. That just is like, you know people, because you had not only did you have everybody from Aunt Bee lived in Chatham County, right, didn't she after the show, she lived her whole life there, right, just kind of out in them. I don't know, I'm not an insultant, but you're just kind of out in the middle of nowhere there, and like the connections are are are very strong. So yeah, all right, that's enough teasing the poor fillin newsperson. But yeah, we'll go ahead and get that, get that handled. So yeah, just the long preview this morning. But that's okay. Sadly we have lost someone. We'll tell you who that is coming up here in just a few minutes. And the remember how I said, I remember talking the other day and I was like, you know, Europe over the Marie La Penn thing, and they're like, well, the US, the UF used to mind its own business and let us do what we want to do. The problem is, and I'd love that to be the case. I just I can't get over the fact that every time I turn around, some moonbat elected official or a member of the media or whatever is romanticizing the way Europe does things. Right, every time a Republican wins the electoral college but not the popular vote, we gotta listen to it for a year. Oh, it's so much better what they're doing, even though you're seeing what they're doing right now and it almost looks criminal. Or every right leaning political candidate that gains traction all of a sudden starts committing procedural crimes all of a sudden coincidence probably, and so they romanticize and romanticize Europe. This concept of what San Francisco is setting out to do is a European thing, and in fact, up in like there's a few countries, but I think Norway is the one, or Sweetens, the one with the biggest gap, and it is a it is a new and different way of you know, doing uh uh, doing criminal prosecutions, even when it's administrative stuff like tickets and stuff. It's what it's it is. It flies in the face of we are all equal under the law, which is a basic tenet I I thought, I thought we all agreed on. I don't agree that it always happens. Let's be abundantly clear here, you got, you got a few billion dollars or your famous person, the road might be a little easier for you if you ever you ever run into some legal stuff. And for for years there's been an industry that there's just to push back on that. And I'm not opposed to that. If if you do the crime, you should do the time. But then we get into things where like did you hear over in the UK where they're going to be doing bond uh, and they they'll put bond that is cheaper for people of color than for white people. They said it like, it's like it's a good thing. So said, I'm not surprised San Francisco wants to jump in this, but it's a horrible idea. And uh, it just ignores the basic tenet of this country. All right, we'll be back. Hang on, what about Gomer Pyle us you can't make it? I was saying, is there a show that is more deserving of being the official state show of North Carolina. Also, why is this a priority? But it's I guess it's not really because we just hit the bill filing so we can see everything that's there. But yeah, and so he comes back with a spinoff from the show. Not gonna work, Okay, all right, So going back to this whole quest to be Europe right where they romanticize Europe. It tends to be liberal politicians, people upset about electoral college stuff. I don't know what it is that. Don't get me wrong again. I like to travel. I've had a lot of fun traveling in Europe, a lot of fun. Sadly, there's some places I don't know if I'll ever make it back. I don't know if I ever go back to Ireland the direction it's headed right now, which is a shame. Man. Thought I was of the opinion everyone you go see Ireland once, it's it's just it's beautiful. It's fun, but it's not overwhelming. You get to lay in some creepy dude's lap on top of a castle while you kiss a rock that's actually under like an eve and you just laying in some old man's lap, and there's people lined up all day to lay in that old dude's lap.
Speaker 5: He does have like a little pad, but still.
Speaker 1: And you go do that and like, I don't know, man, I don't know if I'll ever get back there. It's just a bit of a shame. So with that in mind, when you start romanticizing things over in Europe, especially things like but San San Francisco is doing, you gotta see if it comports with who we are, because if not, it erodes the identity of the country. And one of the things that this country is supposed to be a hallmark. Doesn't mean it's always achieved, but it should always be strived for. Is equity under the law. I should say equality under the law, but specifically the idea that and again there's a thousand examples where it doesn't necessarily hold up. But why would we actively work in the opposite direction? But San Francisco going to San Francisco, listen to this.
Speaker 7: San Francisco is launching a new speed safety pilot program backed by Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom, where how much you pay for a speaking ticket depends on who you are, and it's all in the name of equity. On its website, the City Transportation Authority goes out of its way to it explain that speed safety cameras will be dispersed across San Francisco in a quote equitable fashion.
Speaker 1: All right, let me let me point this out. So Rosslys, if you were trying to figure out where you had, you had you're the mayor, Okay, somebody's God help us. You got you're the mayor. You're in charge now, and and you got like fifty speed cameras and you want to put them around town? What what do you what do you think you would probably look to as to where to place the speed cameras if you had to, you had to pick a spot or spots, what would what would be the criteria where people are known to speed. It's a good point. That's not what San Francisco is talking about. They're like, they're gonna go, well, this is a white neighborhood where we put two, So let's put one over in this Hispanic neighborhood and one and that's what you're gonna get. So right off the jump, you've already you've already played yourself. Instead of ignoring, you've chosen now ignore the very base that Ross just pointed out that normal people think of let's put it where the problem is. But you remember how many of these stories we do where they're like, why is there so much policing in North Charlotte or along what's the road with all the problems there? Well whatever, and they'll be like, yeah, if you go to the white neighborhoods, all these things are going on, and I'm like, some of them are, but not. It's like, the crime isn't necessarily exist in these high crime areas regardless of the demographic makeup. It just is, and you can't, you know, especially when it comes to like murders and stuff, because I don't know if you know this, Even in white neighborhoods, they investigate murders. They tend to tend to look at those Did you see the inside of that house that insane white woman was keeping her kid prisoner in who was like what seventy pounds and he's in his thirties. That looks like a super quote unquote rich white neighborhood. I don't know the demographic break down, but like they investigate that stuff. So right off the bat, you guys are already playing games.
Speaker 7: But it gets worse, but not everyone will have to pay the same if they get a ticket, get this. Low income offenders qualify for steep fine discounts guys up to half off and if you're homeless but speeding in your vehicle, you can get up to eighty percent discount.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, is that a problem in San Francisco? Do you have a lot of homeless zipping around in their supercars like cause of problems? Did I miss some San Francisco program where you gave all the hoboes Bugattis or something? And why would I think that? Because do you remember Ross? Do you remember the tents they bought for them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at your ignorance here. That's they did do that program where they gave them Bugattis and the tents were so expensive because you could drive your Bugatti into it.
Speaker 1: Oh, they had lifts like old and then like a bunch of so that you go in there's just a bunch of supercars on truckle.
Speaker 5: Charges you absolute fool.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why the tents were five or eight thousand or whatever they were tents. They got a six car garage. Is it ann like an underground driving like you see some of those La mansions. That's amazing. And look, man, if you're gonna be out hoboing, and and you know, you don't want to poop on the same street corner every day. And if you don't have a car, I mean there's very few you know, if you gotta go, there's only so many street corners you can make it to before the dam burst. So now you hop in the Lambeau or whatever, and you're off to the special place. And remember the hobo pool party thing up in Seattle, right where they had like an ewok village cave tree system, and then they had they had gotten a pool and a couch and all that. You don't want to show when you're showing up. And all those hot mesed out little skinny chicks are in the pool, right, they want to roll over on foot? You want to you want to pull up in your whip man?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The girls are like ah shaking, but they're like, oh look at that. Oh who's that?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: A movie star?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, that's face eater Billy. How face eater Billy? Get a Bugatti? Oh? Man? Right, you want the what's the kids turt? What's the term the kids use? You want to show up with the drip man. You do it eight. So if you're a hobo you can speed in I guess whatever, and you get an eighty percent reduction. Ah, this is the stuff they do over in like Norway and Finland. And then they write stories. They had some dude who got a speeding ticket that was over one hundred thousand dollars a few years ago, and I remember all the coverage whereas just because he was a super rich guy. But this is not equality under the law. This is not what we do in the US, not at all.
Speaker 7: Jerry, Here's just one of the many problems I have with this. The reason for this program for the speed cameras was reportedly because of high injury areas, meaning where pedestrians have been hit and killed. So, since all lives are equal, why are we getting discounts on speeding tickets when everyone should understand how serious it is to drive safely where people have died.
Speaker 8: I couldn't believe this when I read this, I was like, is this really true? We are all equal in the eyes of the law.
Speaker 2: Oh, nope, we're not.
Speaker 8: We're not all equal in the eyes of the law. Okay, so might this get extended eventually. So maybe if I commit a burglary and I don't have a lot of money, maybe that's okay, or maybe I get a reduced sentence, or I just don't understand the logic operating here. I think we should all be equal in the eyes of the law, and everybody should pay the same fine sentence. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get some bad news for you, though, man, that already happens. That already happens. Have you not seen the bail restructuring that they've done in a lot of these places. Why do you think California? Was you ever the dude who was involved in not one, but two police chases and one day and then he got arrested, but it wasn't a chase in three and you know what in a day's time, because they kept going, well, you're poor, and so we're just gonna we're just gonna turn you back loose. And the guy's like, great, I want to finish my police chase, so hey, let's do that again.
Speaker 5: I agree with the one thing she said, because listen, you have jerk speeders and white neighborhoods, and you have jerk speeders and black neighborhoods. But if you lessen the penalty, you're gonna have more speeders in that neighborhood. So now people are just gonna be speeding through the hood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a story up in New York right now. I don't have it in the stack, but it reminded me of this this. They think it's funny because her job is wig maker, which is it's kind of an unusual job. But like, but she ended she was speeding on this road and they were saying that it's like this, all that people do is speed on this road. It's super dangerous and she I think she killed two kids. Yeah, that'd be a good place. Maybe do your speed crackdowns. Right. I don't know anything about the neighborhood. The homes look very middle of the road. I don't know who lives there. But if you have a speeding problem and kids are getting killed, address that in San Francisco clearly is going to have place. San Francisco is a weird city to drive around. I've driven around it, and it's because it is everything that you see in the movies from a topography standpoint, right, you're always going up or down a hill, and not just a little hill. Basically, there's a reason every great seventies movie, like the Dirty Harry series and all that, where they're doing, like they love, doing chases through San Francisco. Inevitably, what happens at some point there's the scene of one of those you know, those old cast iron seventy style cars, you know, popping down a hill and then you hit where the street flattens down, and all of a sudden you're flying through the air. Probably there was a whole there were a whole stunt men group. There was at a stuntman company in San Francisco that literally that was their jam, just doing car chases in San Francisco and other stuff man and so speeding in those situations you can damage your vehicle pretty bad, and you can cause a wreck, and you can hit people like these are all concerns that are legitimate concerns, and of course you're gonna you're gonna screw this whole thing up so you can feel your being more equitable, more equitable, which, by the way, that's not equity, right, What is equity versus equality? Why do we gripe about it on the show every time? Because equality is opportunity, right, Equality is opportunity. You guys are gonna have equal opportunity and it will be up to you so that you succeed. Equity is equal outcome, so you can't call it an equity speeding ticket. If there's different outcomes, that's what's so. That's that's the the icing on the cake of this lunacy, the cherry on top. It means the exact opposite of what you named it, which is exactly what I would expect from the government there in San Francisco. Good job, everybody, six forty seven hang on. Unfortunately, not a canceling, just a recognition that he's no longer with us. One of the dudes from this clip right here, you know, is the Omo Roddy volleyball team we call it here on the show. From a top gun has passed away. That is right, the iceman. Is it just iceman or iceman or the iceman? I suppose just iceman would be the appropriate way. Val Kilmur has succumbed. He died of pneumonia, but obviously you throat cancer. He had some other health issues throughout the latter part of his life as well, but they're reporting it was pneumoia. Guys, cowboys, because love me some valcilm you're everyone's problem.
Speaker 3: That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe.
Speaker 9: I don't like you because you're dangerous, right, nice man, I'm a Hukomberra.
Speaker 4: What Johnny Ringo?
Speaker 1: You looked like somebody had just walked over your grave.
Speaker 5: You see, I'm both persuading and Batman.
Speaker 1: Not because I have to bend now, because.
Speaker 5: I choose to be.
Speaker 1: All right, favorite Val Kilmer movie. Those are three obviously pretty big ones there. You have Tombstone and Batman Returns, right, uh, and of course top gun e. I'm gonna go Tombstone. And I know some of you guys are gonna disagree with me on that. If I had to pick between those three, Ross, what's your favorite Val Kilmer?
Speaker 5: Well, I put that clip together so it would be those three movies.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that's three, but if you not have to pick one, yeah, right, Tombstone Tombstone. Yeah, I really I dig that movie. That's why Tombstone an unforgiven. Unforgiven. It's a better movie than Tombstone in my opinion, but they're both real top tier. If that thing's on, I'll watch it.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous. He didn't win like an Academy Award for that role.
Speaker 1: Oh it's great, absolutely man doc college. Oh are you kidding me? Fantastic? I guess him and uh I read somewhere that him and Kurt Russell would were during the filming of the movie. We kept giving each other really morbid gifts, trying to one up and creep out the other. I'm gonna have to find that story. I remember hearing that years ago. You know, Val Kilmer did a Yeah, he did, you know, I like kind of like horror movies. He did a horror movie and I don't remember the name of it. I'll have to look it up. It could it really didn't get a lot of pub and yet Yeah, So the premise of the movie is he's a stranger in the small town. Somehow he gets arrested. He's in this holding cell, it's very small holding cell, and psychologically he just starts taking apart everyone, all the police. They bring a doctor in at one point. All of this, and let's just say, it turns out he's not who he says he is, and that you get into a horror element of like a religious horror element. And I thought was pretty good. But what it required. It required Kilmer basically to act the whole movie. He had to almost every scene is exclusively him talking a lot more because the people are He's creeping out all these people. And it was very good. So I don't know if he gets necessarily the credit just to kind of go off what you were saying there. The dude was a pretty good actor, even if he was known for a lot of kind of popcorny movies.
Speaker 5: No, he was a super good, humble guy too, and like he was a method actor, but not in the sense where he was a jerk, because some of these guys who read stories and you're like, you know, they were super difficult to work with. From everything I've read, he was a super nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also like that Saint movie. That was pretty good.
Speaker 5: Oh I saw the saying that theater like two times, did you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that whole storyline with the I mean that was just classic story and then you know it was just the evil Russian oligarchs. Like he had all the elements of that era of movies. Ah, good stuff. Yeah, so it was he's sixty five.
Speaker 5: The last ten years for him, man, the health wise is absolutely brutal. Yeah, he wouldn't have nothing.
Speaker 1: To do with the top Gun follow up like Tom Cruise had too. And he didn't want to. And I understand why for the same reason that you saw Bruce Willis stuck away. Right, you deal with health issues and you don't want to be not you on screen. I will say, oh that he did post his final his final Instagram video. There's another actor there with him, Kevin Cho I think, is with him at his house. I stopping by, and Kilmer realizes like, this is probably it. So the last post he ever did, he donned the Batman mask, put that bad boy on and let's just say the paint on that thing not holding up. So it's kind of like almost white now.
Speaker 6: But yeah, okay, see I just scorn say California really means to stop with this white lives don't matter systemic racism.
Speaker 1: Monstense Well Ross made a good point. Actually, what these knuckleheads don't realize is they probably just protected white people more.
Speaker 6: If you think in spite of themselves, hopefully.
Speaker 4: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just like, how about you just if you have a speeding problem, you go protect where people are getting hit by speeders. But I just could never make it in government. Thanks for the call their Janet to appreciate it. Yeah. Yeah, So if if you're going to police quote unquote white neighborhoods more and you know, so equity and you're going to find people who might who are probably if it's you know, socioeconomically less challenging neighborhood means people are gonna ge find more which should act as a deturrent to speed less. And then you're going to go into a high crime neighborhood or a minority neighborhood, depending on whatever your equity parameters are. And you basically tell, you know, some hobo that it's twenty bucks to speed, Well, that's not a deterrent, so inevitably people don't speed less.
Speaker 5: Right, you're making the quote dangerous neighborhoods more dangerous because it's going to be more speeding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good job.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about the val Kilmer things more. I'm really tired of my childhood heroes. Are these people I loved as like passing away like I would? I would appreciate it if they could stop that.
Speaker 1: Well, you just want young actors to know.
Speaker 5: But it's really, man, it's hitting me harder and harder the older I'm getting, because obviously these celebrities would passing. But now it's yeah, exactly, but oh it's super weird. Like Gene Hackman and now Val Kilmer heard that this morning, I'm like, oh, this sucks, man, I'll just stop it. I would appreciate it if they would stop it.
Speaker 1: What was that John Cusack Gene Hackman run Away? That was pretty good. That's thinking about that one the other day. All right, well, let's let's get some Val Kilmer movies with some callers here, Yes, Bobby, what's up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hey man?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: I was just uh telling Roth.
Speaker 10: I wondered if you guys had seen a movie.
Speaker 4: Called Fellon, like a convicted Fellon. It has Val Kilmer. It's a it's a role at the end. When I saw the credits, I was like, what that was Val Kilmer. So if you haven't checked it out, you probably should. It's it's it's really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking it up here felling Okay, I see someone was Stephen Dorf here is right? Yeah he is, Yeah, there he is. I don't know if I've seen this movie. It's a prison drama of some sort locked up for killing an intruder and self defense. A family man must cope with life in the penal system. Okay, I don't know that I've seen it, but uh, it doesn't say where it's streaming. Oh yeah, it's got a pretty solid IMDb score too, So all right, well I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation, Bobby, appreciate it. Don't don't forget about what's that? Don't forget about heat? Oh yeah, no, no, no, absolutely, that was kind of a that was kind of a bait, not included to bait callers.
Speaker 5: Well you got me.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll tell you what was really depressing is I was going through just for the show. I wanted to refamiliarize myself with some of Al Kilmer's roles. And so I'm on IMDb right then scroll through that which, by the way, we got to talk about something they're doing, and and then I'm looking at all these movies from you know, that era that you were just reminiscing about, like we're all the all the the most popular actors from are just the generation. And it I happened on this IMDb page and they have the top ten movies by year just like going back to the nineteen fifties and I'm sitting there and like in the eighties and nineties, every year there's solid five six movies I would that I had to see.
Speaker 5: Right, just solid awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, solid, just.
Speaker 5: Chuck full of these absolute legends that we were that are passing away now and it's just sad. And there's a lot of these movies. I was thinking about this yesterday. They still hold up because we were watching The Goonies and the Goonies still holds up, and I'm like, you know, if they were to I'm trying to figure out why it still holds up. Like some of these movies are still like super good. And I was thinking, you know, if you were to remake a movie like The Goonies today, they would throw a lot of political stuff, or there would be political jabs, or there would be a joke about Trump or something woke about it, and it would just especially organ yeah, especially exactly start in Portland.
Speaker 1: They'd be all woke. Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And the thing is with these older movies, if you were just to show them to somebody today, like a younger kid or even an older person who had never seen it before, right, but specifically young kids. So you show to a younger kid that have never they never saw the Goonies, and then afterwards you ask them, tell me what the political climate of the of the country was during this time in history. They would not be able to tell you because nothing was in there like that. There was nothing.
Speaker 1: It was just the movie, you know, where politics was involved too, right, going back to a global thermal nuclear war and Whopper and all that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can look at them like you can look at it and be like, oh, it's a movie about you know, the bankers who are trying to take the house in capitalism. But there's no like Jabs. It's not like it would be made today. And that's the big difference.
Speaker 1: I think they some of the movies they put. And again, when's the last year. Let me ask you guys this, when's the last year that there were a half dozen movies that were must sees, like you were willing to go to a theater to do it right, pay those prices, drag the kids, or or you know, fight somebody at a blockbuster for the you know the on that Tuesday when it drops you're sitting there waiting outside, remember Tuesday lines and Blockbuster for big movies or now not necessarily Blockbuster or Hollywood or.
Speaker 5: Any Yeah, and it would suck if you go there to be like, oh, there's my movie and they just wouldn't have it. They would It would be like the case without the VHS tape in the back the worn But streaming and COVID is they've killed the movies. I think it's streaming and COVID. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if the decline clearly as I was looking over this list and getting nengratinated, it clearly started earlier than that, and like you know, pre COVID, but you could see it getting woker and woker and then you you know, And I'm not using the oscars. This is based on revenue. Like a lot of movies nowadays are such a mental slog I'm not going to do it. Not because it's complex stuff, because they want to emotionally manipulate you the whole time, and most of the time it's for some sort of messaging purpose, and I refuse to participate.
Speaker 5: You're paying all this money and then they're lecturing you on top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wants that? I don't want that. I want fun stuff. As a I was just looking at Ross andized Brice so I was born in eighty Ross was born in seventy nine. All right, nineteen eighty Ready the Shining Raging Bull, Star Wars Empire strikes back, the Blues Brothers Airplane. Do I need to go on seventy nine with Ross? Apocalypse? Now Alien Life of Brian. Let's see here, Kramer v Kramer. If you're into that, that did really well, but like, we're never going to see this again? Are we? We're never going to see this again? I think the closest we might have gotten to it is when they were churning a couple Marvel movies a year, and then a couple other decent movies emerged. But we're in a very different place now. So not only has that era of movie making died or movie production died, but to Ross's point, all the people we used to love to watch are now passing along too. I know every generation goes through it, but it doesn't make it better. We need to protect Tom Cruise at all costs. He'll ever die. I think he got it to enough levels of whatever with the uh the scientology is probably immortal. He's got it. He's gotta keep you's gotta pay more money, man.
Speaker 5: He opened the level five hundred briefcase and learned the secrets.
Speaker 1: Okay, see that's that's that's what you do. Dude doesn't seem to age, keeps doing his stunts. I don't know. Oh all right, oh let's grab this. Yes, Marty, what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Uh calling about Bell Kilmer one of his biggest roles that everybody fails to mention.
Speaker 1: Miller.
Speaker 7: That was one of his best leading roles in the film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what was that late eighties right there? I think check the film.
Speaker 5: That that man forever.
Speaker 1: I remember going the Doors. Yeah, forget about the doors either, right, oh yeah, the doors. And he's saying that movie too, that was him singing, right yeah, so yeah, absolutely absolutely well now I'm just even more depressed just thinking about that.
Speaker 10: So right, that's that's like a childhood film, you.
Speaker 1: Know, absolutely all right, appreciate the call, thank you very much. Oh geez, yeah, I'd forgot about the willow thing.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: That's been a while, and I was thinking about what Ross was saying too on like wait, how they would have to do the goonies now? And it's like, well, one sloth would have to be cgi'd, right, you'd have to see gi sloth now, and then you would have to hyper focus on how a woman has risen through the criminal ranks to run her own gang, and that would end up being most of it. And then you can't have her lose because now this woman who broke the glass ceiling on running weird family gangs in uh in the Pacific Northwest, you can't take that away from her. And then the sloth CGI would have to happen because some actor with a facial deformity would be mad that all the actors with facial deformities only get cast for roles with facial deformities, and they'd ruin it for everybody, just like we saw with snow White here about five minutes ago. Uh, jeez man, that's depressing. All right, hold on, all right, let me grave this. Yeah, I know my call screeners acted all weird there. All right, here we go, Joe Anne, what's up?
Speaker 10: I was just gonna say, Willow too, except if it was filmed today, they'd be easing CGI and would probably miss that miss out on the best part in that whole movie. Who was the guy who played the little person that Val Kimler was helping to protect.
Speaker 4: To save the baby.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he was amazing that. That was my first role that I really loved with vou Kimer.
Speaker 4: He was he was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it probably not well. They tried to do Willow. They just tried to do a show and it did not go well to the point I think they removed it. Thanks for the caller, Joanne. Didn't Ross didn't they remove that Willow show? Literally from streaming? You watched it?
Speaker 5: I forgot all about it.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, it was last year or something. They tried to do it and it bombed. And I don't even know why it bombed. I wish I just didn't care enough to even look into it. But anyway, all right, seven nineteen. We get some more calls obviously on this. We do have a few other things to get to, like this this this father who needed to go to a job interview. This is down in Georgia and is now facing charges for something something that he did so that he could facilitate going to the job interview. And we'll debate it coming up next. Hang on CaCO Day Radio program. I get this email my now sixteen year old daughter about two years ago, said I wish I was born in the eighties. You all had the great movies, great music, had no COVID, yeah, I mean we did have our own things, clearly, but it was stuff like jarts, so it's relatively open.
Speaker 5: Mean, we didn't have COVID, but they did scare the crap out of us about aids, yeah.
Speaker 1: And everywhere and drugs with with the frying pan mare. Yeah. So like we you know, we had all our own stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The other the other hallmark of movies in the eighties and nineties is what I call the boobs for no reason.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's always reason for boobs though, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I agree, I mean just mean from a storyline perspective. And there's like there's a bunch of eighties movies that are rated PG that have like full frontal nudity in them. Beast Master remember the movie Ross Haden doesn't remember this. I remember because my mom thought, oh, it's rated PG, and she put us down in front of it, and she walked in when the two chicks are bathing in the pond and he's like off to the side with his animals watching them, and they're just there. You go, there's everything and she freaked out, and you see then I had to watch Beasts Master. I must finish this movie, which.
Speaker 5: Right right right in the But did you see this from gen Z now when they're polled about movies and they're like, there's no reason for any sex at all, or any nudity at all, or any boobs at all, and just take it all out of movies. What happened to these kids?
Speaker 1: Man? This is what we talked about yesterday. How are you gen X's kids? I think you have you have no idea what your parents were up to. I mean, I'm just gonna got this call real quick, Logan, I got about a minute, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll just say you're two great Valkimber comedies that don't see you know what people talking about. Real Genius and Top Secret were both really funny to me at least.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, yeah, quick call here on the Val Kilmer because there's some other stories I got to get to before we chat with the congressman this morning, Larry, Thanks for hanging on. What's up, hey, guys.
Speaker 4: There was a great role that Val Kilmer had in a movie called True Romance, where he was.
Speaker 10: Uh, he played.
Speaker 4: Brief role as Elvis, and that was a movie with Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette when she was young.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and then I saw then we mentioned this, but I saw it on that's written on the callscreader.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought he did a good job playing Jim Morrison for sure too.
Speaker 4: That was very absolutely he was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm just getting thanks for the call there, sir, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be distracted. I'm just looking at a you know, it was another good Val Kilber movie. Is Mind Hunters? Have you ever seen that? That's a pretty good movie. Yeah, there we go, all right, scrolling too much on that. Let me get over to this. So by now, because I saw this absolutely everywhere, by now you've probably seen at least a semblance of this story. So you have this man. He is down in Georgia Atlanta area. No, it might be Athens. Actually it doesn't matter that in Georgia, and so he needs to go to a job interview. And I hope that this is a one true story. I'm just because I don't know that I've seen that confirmed. But I don't see any pushback either. So the story goes like this. His name is Chris Lewis. He's twenty four. He has a ten year old, a six year old, and a one year old. And he's twenty four. Yes, he had one when he was one of these kids when he was fourteen or actually, you know what, I don't. Are they his biological kids, I don't even know, but it doesn't matter. There are his kids, Him and his you know, him and the kid's mom share custody.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: So with that in mind, he doesn't have a car. So according to the report, he and his three children left there. It was augusta, A, right, so it's Augusta. He and his three kids walked from his house, which isn't very far too like the shopping area where they have a McDonald's, And it isn't McDonald's. It has one of the play places still in it, and he reportedly had a job interview. I guess it was across the street and kind of like one over is how I heard it described, which I guess might provide you line of sight back to the McDonald's. I don't know. So he walks the three kids into McDonald's. I'm sure he gets some little something and then proceeds to tell the ten year old, Hey, you guys play in the play place. Daddy'll be back in twenty minutes or whatever it is, however long it takes to the job interview. And so the kids are just doing kids stuff, right, They're in the play place having a time. I don't know fully what a one year old does except sitting the ball pit and slabber all over the balls, but hey, that's their jam, Let him do it. And a customer noticed these kids and was like, where are the parents? And then conversation started. What they did? You call the police? And yeah, and so police, the mother came to pick up the kids and dad got arrested. And I hate this. I hate I hate that. If you know, if everything is true here, it looks like dudes just trying to do the right thing, right. You got three kids. You got to have a job, man, I get some money flowing, and you got to feed those kids. You know, kids, kids ain't cheap. And so if he's out there and he's trying to get himself a job and he was unable to, I don't know if he didn't tell the mom or like she was unable until it became an emergency. There's some missing parts there, but you know the lens through which people are seeing this is in the eighties. No one would have called the police, right, you were just having this nostalgic discussion.
Speaker 5: You'd have to round up half the parents from the eighties and throw them in prison. What a fun prison that would be because lat kids were a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, my parents were divorced, so I spent I was eleven when they divorced, just going on twelve, and I got to tell you, it was a big adjustment and I ended up having to I mean, I having to watch my siblings and and my little brother would have been three or four. So, uh, why do you so, why do you think people? Is it just generational or is it because the one kid's won?
Speaker 5: I was thinking if you take the one year old out, it might be different.
Speaker 1: Even in this day and age. And I think the McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Matters to You have the management at McDonald's or where he's working there looking at the situation, and they probably saw the one year old and maybe that's when they're you know, they called the cops or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sound think it was some customer was in there and she's of course. Yeah. Well, but also look, I almost don't even blame the customer for going why why is there a one year old with no parents in here? But once it was then, you know, once that they've come, she came to understand that there's a ten year old. And I don't know the maturity level of the ten year old either. Some ten year olds absolutely can watch kids for a few minutes.
Speaker 5: I mean, the dude had a kid when he was fourteen. I'm not knocking him. If anything, this is a positive thing because it's ten years later and he's still in the kids' life. Yeah, and he's trying to provide for him. So I don't that's what I get.
Speaker 1: I have now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This caught the attention of a few celebrity folks. I think Antonio Brown was the one I saw go viral. So they're putting together some help for this guy, which which is great, but also it's like, is this really the crime of the century? Man? My mom's dead now, so and I don't know the status of the clerk. So my mom smoked for a while, and I remember we were in town. We were at my cousin's house and my mom is sitting there and it's it's snowing, and I'm like, I think I'm like eleven or twelve, and my mom like, I need more cigarettes. And so there's a gas station about three blocks down the way. Go down there and then and here's the money. Give the money to the woman and she'll give you a brown bag and bring it back here. My mom sent me to buy digarettes when I was twelve, and the clerk went along with it. That everybody knew each other.
Speaker 5: It's funny now because that's like super old back then, twelve, Like, I was thinking about it, and I'm trying to compare myself and it's super hard for me to compare myself to my son Lincoln, because he's you know, special needs and autistic and more on the severe side. But I was saying, he's gonna be thirteen. But when I was even ten fifth grade, I was constantly walking by myself with my friends, going to my friend's house, being alone in his house, you know, playing around video games for hours, or playing in the woods in the back, or going down and playing basketball at the street corner for hours until the street lights went dim. And now if you're driving by, I've seen this bunch of times he'll be driving and you'll see like a younger group of kids, maybe eight or nine or ten walking down the street. And the immediate reaction I've seen from people this pointing goes. Somebody called the cops, what are those kids doing? And it is It's just different now, it is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It is one hundred percent different, man. And it's like, and I saw people reacting and they're like, well with the oh, well you also have the you know, the all the all the child trafficking. Okay, well, look, I'm not saying that child sex trafficking is not a thing, and I'm not saying that there are not hotspots, but most of it doesn't look like what you think it is.
Speaker 6: Uh, And.
Speaker 1: They're not just randomly dragging kids off the street. It's still true that the majority of people or kids who are abducted are abducted by somebody they know, right, not random strange because it's just too happenstance. You don't walk into them. You're not gonna go to McDonald's for lunch today and be like, I wonder if there's any kids here that nobody's claimed I can take, right, because it's you wouldn't do that. You might do that at a mall or another place like that, but not really. So I think we also scared ourselves into assuming the child predators are all around the corner. But to your point, Ross, and it didn't matter whether it was where I lived, or if we go visit cousins in California. We'ven't been visited my cousins who lived in Ojai, California, and we would. We just get on bikes and we go everywhere in southern California. We go everywhere. And the only deal was when it gets dark, your butt's better be home because they we're gonna come find you and it's not going.
Speaker 5: To go well for you. And think about it. Back then, no phones, no internet. If something did go wrong.
Speaker 1: You might go to another parent's house and call to say you got there, but that's it.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking like that actually happened when I was younger. There was something that happened and I had to call my parents. And I just knocked on a stranger store and I said, hey, I need to use your phone and call my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, come on in here. Eat this stuff I just made real quick without you being able to see it. Yeah, Oh it was fine. It was fine. Man, I didn't get abd rossd you get abducted and trafficked.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Oh oh you might have repressed it. I didn't that I believe. So they were Look, if you're there to snatch kids, Wyoming's not your spot to go. There's just nobody who lives there. Right, you're not gonna put up real numbers steal at kids in Wyoming. Now you got to go to a populated area, all right, raised agic's here to talk about the same. Oh well no, this is the story life. You're neckwoods man. Yeah, this daddy went to McDonald's, went to a job interview, and now he's public enemy number one. I feel bad for the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never got McDonald's when I was a kid. You make the cheese sandwiches, dude, McDonald's and cheese.
Speaker 5: McDonald's was a special thing. It was if Dad pulled into McDonald's, it was like, oh, this is the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't even Dad, it was my grandfather and he would say, we'll go to McDonald's today, and it was like, you know, it was like, oh, it was a rare event.
Speaker 1: It really was but we didn't have McDonald's in the town I grew up until I was in high school, and so we had to It was so rare that we got to eat fast food and we didn't have a Hearty's. But to eat McDonald's, it was only if we were on our best behavior, and only if we were on a shopping trip to like Sheridan, which is like forty mins.
Speaker 2: Well, to eat out in general, I mean now it's about three four nights. It's ridiculous. Yeah, but anyway, did the same I mean bicycles and if you weren't home, you gotta help you. Yeah, let's just say that.
Speaker 1: Dude, if your parents found you and they were driving five miles an hour down the road and you saw your family car coming, you knew that the next few days were going to suck for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, And well, we weren't really allowed out of the neighborhood on our bikes, but so was either neighborhood or right down the street we should call it, or in the woods behind my cousin's house where we go back there and just make trails, and you knew.
Speaker 1: When it was time to be home.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, question, yes, exactly. Lighting fires and kind of almost burned the woods down once. But luckily the log we started on fire was in the middle of a swamp, so that kind of saved us.
Speaker 1: Good good. Oh, every I think every young man has that story. Me and my shooting fire works at the lake. The wind blew it backwards, and the dam the other side of the damn caught on fire to the point where I'm like, we're all going to be in jail. And then and you can call it God's intervention or whatever you want, it's starting to rain. Yeah, and we didn't even yeah, And by the time the one of the fire guys got out there, it was basically out and he he like, he berated this so much more than even my mom did. And nowadays my mom, you know, a parent would probably sue a guy like that, and she's like, I'm glad you read you did. You should have put a foot in your butt. Is I believe what ye said?
Speaker 2: Coming from a long like, we were all volunteer firefighters in my family and we were lighting fireworks in the log. It came back the next day the log was like burning embers. Whoa good thing, it's here in the middle of the swamp. And then the fire, for I can't do that either. You know, the heat's going to be coming, and today, probably between today and tomorrow the two worst days. Today a lot of clouds, maybe a sprinkle of rain, upper sixties to seventy, and then some drizzle and light rain tomorrow in the morning and then sunshine in the afternoon. Somehow is not bad with the southwest breeze, warmer load the eighties. Then close to record territory for Friday and Saturday, mid uper eighties, maybe ninety. I think the records and Raleigh are around ninety degrees. To try it a little bit lower, So as we get closer to those days, we'll talk more about the records and Sundays still warmf we get changes next week. Next week will be a much cooler week. Maybe some showers on Monday, but high's only in the sixties. Advertise this time of year, are in the upper sixties.
Speaker 1: Oh real quick. Since everyone else had to answer favorite Val Kilmer movie.
Speaker 2: It's got to be Top Gun because I don't know too many other ones besides Batman.
Speaker 1: So have you heard of Tombstone? Are you familiar with I have? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, you remind me tombs I did like Tombstone, but his character i'd like better in Top Gun.
Speaker 1: How about Heat? Heats good?
Speaker 2: I saw Heat, but I don't really non memorable.
Speaker 1: Kilmer's doc Holiday. You think Iceman was better?
Speaker 2: Well, just because it's what I probably saw top Gun more. I probably only watched Tombstone once or twice.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, you are Huckleberry. Okay, Barrett to there. What do you think Jeff's answer is going to be? We can think about that for an hour now, all right, Well, we'll find out and we'll chat with the congressman coming up at eight oh five. Brad Not will join us. A couple other quick stories to hit you with in this segment. So hang on, pearl clutching over this, losing their minds how horrible it is. In fact, let me read, because I did repost a tweet yesterday, and I think the one that I commented on sums it up rather nicely. Uh did? All right? So you have you have the CDC, the NIH and a few other a few other departments up there, the federal government that got their turn in the barrel yesterday. As here we go, it's from doctor Andrea Love, who is oh she's head of an NGO, of course she is, or some sort of yeah, no, they're taking research money. So yes, Immuno Logic and the American LME Disease Foundation and a science communicator. Okay, all right, so she tweets yesterday the CDC has literally been gutted today, there's no need for April fools when reality is a nightmare for every human on this planet. Thousands fired, entire departments are raised, and then there's a whole thread here, and she arrives at the point is cruelty? She says, cruelty is the point. This is not making anyone healthier. You know what's really cruel right, if we're talking about cruelty, if I could thring this up, setting back kids learning patterns for in some cases up to two years, right, decimating test scores, threatening to jail people if they disagree with you, fundamentally being wrong on and almost either entirely or at least portions of what were really really big impactful issues that did things like decimate businesses, you know, people's livelihoods, wanting people who push back when they would pull people within the federal apparatus, federal health thing. They were the ones advocating in some instances for people to be literally jailed or have their kids taken away, or just to be canceled because it's there. It's dangerous what they're doing. So yeah, if you're gonna basically get all that wrong and not care about it and then blame and then call them people reacting to it going well, why am I paying for this thing that doesn't work? Cruelty when you're the ones being cruel I don't have sympathy for you. And I happen to believe that the CDC, if done the way that we were convinced that it's supposed to happen, that is probably a I have no problem with that being part of the federal government. I know somebody would disagree, but I think it speaks to federal protections. Right, we got some really warm weather coming. We got some nice weather coming too, So we'll chat with Ray Stagic a little later on get that set up for you as you look ahead to your weekend. But now we're gonna stare northward to the insane asylum that is Washington, d C. And to help us do it, it's Congressman brad Not. How you doing this morning, sir, it was my thing working here.
Speaker 4: He can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Oh, I can hear you now? All right? Wonderful, wonderful. What you doing this morning?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: I hope you are well. I'm not in the in whatever weird multiverse thing is going up in DC where Cory Booker is doing a non that's not a filibuster, right, because a filibuster is it's a particular bill. So what was that before we get to some other stuff, what was that hoping to accomplish? And what has been It does have some impact on the sentence of ability to conduct business this week? Right, that's right.
Speaker 4: The easiest ways to explain it case he is. It was a It was a theatrical act. There was nothing specific that he was protesting other than sort of everything that the Republicans are doing, are hoping to do, et cetera. Again, very very small in the specifics. But he got up and he had the floor. And the rule is, as long as a member of the Senate is speaking, they can maintain the floor for as long as they want to. And you were correct, he was not filibustering any particular piece of legislation. He just kept the floor and he was. It was largely an attention grabber. He was seeking to get noticed, and he did. He spoke for I think twenty four to twenty five hours, and he of course feels as though he's accomplished something in a mighty way, which is not the case. But yeah, he was an act and he got the attention that he wanted. And now he's he's he's seated the floor and hopefully the Senate can get on with car business.
Speaker 1: But it's my understanding, he correct me if I'm wrong, because this is this is what happened with Luna and Crew yesterday is going to impact your guys' ability, like now that will yeah yeah, yeah. So so let's kind of transition over there as well, because it's not just the thing happening. I don't care about the thing happening. He's known for this, remember his I Am Spartacus moment. The guy's just weird when he thinks he's winning. With Corey Buecher on the house side, though, it's a little different. So what was what Luna and Crewe? Anna Paulina Luna is a congresswoman from Florida for the listeners, and she was she's a Republican, but she was astride with Democrats. Is they wanted a discharge position a petition. Explain why that's different and why House leadership maybe doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: Well, you're getting very technical case, but the easiest way to explain this is essentially Representative Luna paired with Representative Britney Peterson, who is a Democrat, and a discharge petition is essentially a procedural tool, a mechanism that is used within the House, typically by the minority party, and in this instance, it would have allowed a majority to basically implement a procedural rule or an amendment to how the House does its business. And the issue that they were looking to achieve is putting the petition in place that would allow new mothers and new fathers I believe, maybe just mothers, but new parents. Let's just say that, yeah, to vote via proxy. And what leadership did is number one. I believe they're correct here. It's not a matter of preference. There is there is language in the Constitution that, in my opinion, requires us to show up to work and to vote in person.
Speaker 1: There is value to that.
Speaker 4: But leadership, rather than have this debate, they want to keep moving with the president's agenda. They want to keep moving with the will of the people, things like the Save Act, which would have precluded foreign nationals from voting in the US elections. That was on the federal side. And so they buried a rule to essentially table the discharge petition that Representative Luna was pushing. And unfortunately that rule did not pass. And so when when that when that instance occurs, that enables Luna to bring the discharge petition up and have a basically up or down vote within two days. And so rather than up in the court to the up in the House, probably send this in the court, they called off the votes. They will be trying to attach the discharge petition to something next week to bring it back up to hopefully vote it down and then get on with our business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm a little torn on this thing. And here's why. Here's why. One, uh, some of you, well you weren't there yet, but your colleagues were abusing like that dude who was voting on the boat out on the yacht right during COVID. I can't remember which member that was. I mean that that's the insanity people see. And also I'm going to assume and you can correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe you guys just sit around twiddling your thumbs all day, But I don't believe that. It's if you have a new baby and you're still going to be having to review and understand and read these things and deal with your staff, that you're probably gonna have to get childcare. Right, that's the only way you can be able to do that. So, like I like, I understand why why the pushback is there. So it's your position that if you want to vote, then you need to show up, which, by the way, is a tool that legislative bodies use to push things through sometimes. I'm thinking of the North Carolina lottery, right, they waited for a couple of people not to be there, So is that more the thing? And and I want to transition to some of the illegal immigrants stuff. But so that's that's your understanding of why the objection from House leadership is there? Correct?
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think it could potentially be partially that's part of it, Casey. But another thing is if you if you allow members to upend two hundred and fifty years of precedent where there is language that that is widely accepted to to support the motion that the House needs to show up in the chamber and make their votes in person. Once you allow that to be picked away at regardless of the reason, and you can make a lot of good reasons. The Pandora's box is therefore opened. And you know, for two hundred and fifty years, the House has showed up, we have heard the debate, we have field of the amendments, and we have voted. And you know, again, even though it seems legitimate, it seems like it could be worthy of consideration. Once that box is opened, it's opened, and.
Speaker 1: There is value being in per things like that. That's for my concern is because let's face it, the Republicans had a congresswoman in an Alzheimer's treatment facility. Well, and Joe bisright, Like I just have to say, Joe Bright too, right, So you know, if it if it delves into that, it's you know how easy it is to get a doctor to uh, you know, to doctors shop and get somebody. Oh no, they can't come in, they can't, they can't make it.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, so and I will pay this just just for consideration. There have been dozens and dozens and dozens of women who have showed up to work, who have had families had obligations served violently on both sides of the aisle. This is just a Again, if I'm being perfectly honest, I think it's a mechanism in some ways for members to get some FaceTime with the media and to get some some publicity, et cetera. And it's disrupting and my finny, the more serious things and be considering, and.
Speaker 1: Then you can bring your baby in and disrupt the entire proceedings like that one chick did.
Speaker 4: So the kind of delpaphy of the argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not that long ago, all right, So now it hampers you guys getting down the business. And I'm going to be honest, what I hear from my listeners is they wish you guys were doing more business. Obviously, Trump, there are one thousand miles an hour, so maybe just comparably, it looks like you aren't getting anything done. You had a crazy idea that maybe we should charge illegal immigrants who do illegal things with crimes. Why did nobody think of that before? So talk about what you're working on and how what's going on in the house right now maybe impacts your ability to do that, that's.
Speaker 4: A great question. As a prosecutor, he worked all over the country. One of my greatest frustrations, My greatest frustrations was that there was no separate category for repeat illegal immigrant criminals. Right, so people who come back into the country after having them deported, and the current law casey basically caps terms of imprisonment at twenty four months for re entry, and for me personally, that's a very gross under service for the American people. If someone has committed a crime, they've been convicted of a crime while being here illegally, and they're deported once they come back here a second time illegally, there should be an expedited process to charge them with illegal re entry after having already been convicted, and a more serious disincentive for them returning to the country. I had people that I prosecuted that had been deported up to ten times, sometimes more than that, and again the whole net of incentives were in the illegal immigrants favor. So what I'm working on is to just to break down that incentive and incentive people to want who want to come to the United States, incentivize people to come to the United States legally, and there's basically two components here. One, if you're here illegally, you know it, you know you came outside the law, and if you commit any felony state or federal, you should be punished severely. And what my proposal is going to put forward is somewhere along the lines of five years minimum.
Speaker 1: Up to life.
Speaker 4: So if you get convicted of a DUI and it rises to a felony, if you steal ten thousand dollars with the stuff, if you sell drugs, whatever it may be, that predicate offense will qualify you to five years to life. Secondly, if you commit a felony, you get convicted of a felony and you're deported, you cannot come back, right, you cannot come back illegally, and if you do that automatically will qualify you to a ten year minimum in federal jail. And it sounds harsh, but again I will say there has to be a disincentive for people who are attempted to come back to this country. We have a one hundred thousand people that are being killed every year from overdose deaths. We have billions of dollars that are being levied on hospitals, on schools on transportation networks because of the illegal immigrants. We have criminal gangs in the United States who are being just incredibly strengthened because of what's crossing the border.
Speaker 1: Whether it be.
Speaker 4: Manpower, whether it be firearms, whether it be controlled substances, whether it be cash, whatever it is, criminals here are being strengthened by illegal immigrants coming into the United States. And frankly, our tolerance is over. We have we have run the course here. We have wasted hundreds of billions of dollars on illegal immigrants. Our local law enforcement is strained, and we have to change the law to basically send the message if you come here illegally and you roll the dice, you're going to pay a heavy, heavy price. And so we're working on the on the language. We're getting everything drafted tight to basically have a stair step and to be as efficient and as appellate proof as we can make it. And you know, the law, like I said, as it currently stands, I would I would be looking at someone from an investigative standpoint who had been deported five times. I knew that they were here to sell nothing better mean heroin, fentanel, whatever they were doing. But because the law only allowed me to sentence them to two years at the most, there was no disincentive. I couldn't I couldn't arrest them. That was not a deterrent to anybody. And so because of that, we had to deploy millions of dollars to investigate, to gather residents, et cetera, flesh them out as though they were an American citizen. And that that's something that just you know, we need, we need to rectify that and do it quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, this is great. You just reminded me of something, and you are the perfect person to answer this, because, like everything else, there is misrepresentation on what the other side's working on. Right. It's just it's a whole mark of politics. Like I've heard it represented that you want those penalties for just people who just entered and didn't commit a crime. So I'm glad that you pointed out that we're talking about we're talking about like three things you have to do to get here, three conscious decisions. The second one is this idea that the entire way in which somebody has identified as a gang member is by looking at one tattoo is absurd. It's like, I'm sorry, right, So explain if you or your office back in the day, we're trying to determine if somebody was a member of gangs, which we do this with criminals when we put them in jails. Well, the first things that jail intake officers do. They're not just looking at tattoos. What's the process if you're prosecuting a guy and you want to be sure they're an MS thirteen member, how do you go about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a very wide variety of ways to validate somebody, ranging from the primitive to the sophisticated. And if there is a Western hemisphere our country, in the Western hemisphere, and some even in Eastern Europe and the Asian theater as well, there actually is information sharing. There's database sharing their governments like in South America, for instance, ICE, the federal government, whatever law enforcement agency we were using DEA at f FBI, they had very established inroads where they could actually say, you know, this is here in the United States, you all have a criminal record on this person back home, and very often the gang activity, the affiliations, et cetera would flow in from foreign databases. Secondly, when you investigate these groups, there's a myriad of ways to validate them. Yes, body markings can be one factor, but also evidence gathered. Right, So you do a big takedown of twenty five people and you get two cooperators out of that group. There are databases that record and keep the statements provided by individuals who they name that are in the gang. And of course that's validated again with criminal activity, with social media posts, interactions with local law enforcement, things that are usually kept in the law enforcement vault, so to speak. So there's a myriad of ways through information sharing, whether it's state to state, country to country, agency to department. That is, it's a layered approach to validate and or to verify validation in gangs. And here's the thing, Casey, when we would validate someone, the only time that they would say I'm not in that gang is that sentence thing, right that they would never they would never refute it. They would never refute it because it was so air tight. They would only get before a judge and then they would say, well, actually, I'm not in the gang. They would never do it on the front end. It was always once you got on before court to sentence them, and but I never had an issue where there was someone who was miss validated, who was mislabeled as in a gang that they when they really were not.
Speaker 1: They're making it sound like they're they're shipping people who have one of the claimed it was a tattoo from a soccer team. And I'm like, here's the deal. If you if you're in a gang area and you're wearing a mark of the gang and you're not in the gang, that's going to go poorly for you. That's going to go poorly. Unfortunately, Congress, when I'm out of time here, I was going to ask you about the lifting thing, but it looks like they're gonna the Bondi's taking care of that this week, so we'll see. But yeah, all right, okay, thank you so much. Yeah, absolutely, and we're gonna be chatting every couple of weeks, just letting the audience know, so keep us up to speak. Okay, all right, thank you, all right, thank you. All right, there you go, Congressman Brad not joining us here on the CaCO Day radio program. All right, we'll take a break. We got some news for you and a few more stories hang on. A new study says that confirms that women have better hearing than men. Actually it's not, and it's by two decibels on average, which is not insignificant. Do you believe that? I think every guy who's ever dated a woman or been married believes it.
Speaker 5: I completely believe it.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 5: He's like, are you listening like I thought I was?
Speaker 1: Did she shame you for it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I mean it gets frustrated. I'm sure, yeah I thought it, but I know. But first off, we're different anyway because we've worn headphones most of our adult life. Right at every radio guy. Yeah, so yeah, it's it's already sort of shot anyway.
Speaker 1: M hm. So yeah, I don't think that's what she means. When are you listening? I don't think it's a decibel question. I think it's the part where she asked you to take the trash out twice, or that's what women will tell you. I don't know. Plus how many how many guys you ever been somewhere you talking to one of your bros. And you get real quiet, and somehow she still hears it because she's spine.
Speaker 5: Probably I can tell you who has really good hearing. Yeah, that would be my kid. Oh yeah, yeah, you with Lincoln with his autism, and it's one of those things. The new thing is we'll be sitting on the couch and he'll just go, fire truck. I go, what fire truck, fire truck, fire truck, or like we do a fire truck, and he'll put his hands over his ears. Fire truck, fire truck. There's no fire truck. Five minutes later, five not one, not thirty seconds, five minutes later, the fire truck will hear it. And people are like, how come you know he freaks out if someone knocks in the door, if the microwave goes off, or if the dryer. I don't know, because maybe to him it sounds like an airhorn. Yeah, it's pretty loud.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Look, we already know that kids, just kids in general, right, not even getting into the reaction that your son has have a very different hearing range, which is you like you ever see those those subsonic noise makers they put out front of covenience stores where they don't want teenagers gathering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because only they can hear that specifically.
Speaker 1: They can hear that range. Yeah, and so they'll, uh, they'll hit them with that, so they get annoyed. But if you can defeat it with earbuds. I don't know that they care, but yeah, I totally believe that. And I just dawned upon me. Do you realize how many mass shootings your son's probably been a part of. Under the new standards, you probably probably hears them all. Yeah, yeah, there is an in do I guta. We got to get into this real quick. This is from CBS, who the headline is the way twitch he wrote it. CBS blows last shred of credibility. All right, So look, whenever we talk about mass shootings, Uh, it's it's one of those It's one of those statistics that get manipulated by the media a lot. There's not really there is kind of a standardized thing where I think, for the purpose of the federal government, it has to involve the death or injury of at least four people as a result of it. I've seen somewhere it's two, But four is the number I most hear off I hear most often. But CBS has so tweaked the metrics so that they could write this headline. This is CBS's headline. One out of every fifteen American adults have been at a mass shooting, according to a new study by the University of Colorado. Does that pass before I explain their methodology? Does that pass the smell test?
Speaker 4: To you?
Speaker 1: Ross, we got more than fifteen people that work for iHeart in Raleigh, and I don't have any of Have any of them been in a mass shooting?
Speaker 5: Now the way that I imagine are defining amass shooting? I would say no, like I would say I've never been a part of one.
Speaker 1: You've never been a part of one. So how how did they arrive at that number? Is the question? One? In fifteen? Well, this is why I tell you you got to get down with the methodology on these things. So all right, So, how in the world could they throw this thing out there? Because it's a very very broad definition. This is propaganda one oh one here, and I'm not surprised it emerge out of Boulder, which I is just lunatic central over there. All right, So they've expanded the scopes of what qualifies. So under the criteria, if you even if you did not hear it, but we're in a pre defined range of that you could possibly hear it happening. It could And by the way, for anyone who shot guns, depending on where you are, like if when I go elk hunting, and if it was like the first day of rifle season for elk hunting, You're sitting there in the mountains. You'll never see another person, but you'll hear gunshots, and you don't realize those gun shots could be fifteen miles away, twenty miles away, just because of the echo you get in a mountain right there. Arguably, if it was quiet enough from the Raleigh studios, if we were like on the roof or whatever the building, and what happened in Headingham happened feasibly, you should be able to hear it if it's quiet, if you know it depends on the time of the day. Does that mean you were at a mass shooting? Of course it doesn't. If you hear gun shots, you're And I want you to remember what is what are the majority of mass shootings under that qualification, probably range, but the number of people injured where are what is mostly the story in a mass shooting? That's part of that.
Speaker 5: Probably gaging stuff like a drive by.
Speaker 1: Absolutely doesn't have to be a dry by, but just something that happen where Do those things happen predominantly in very populated areas right south Chicago. You know, they're good gazillion people. There's what eight million that live in what they call Chicago Land there, So you're gonna have a much higher propensity that if you have a shooting where you know, some guy goes by and he's like, hey, those are those guys from the other dang, and then fire part popping shots kills one injures three. Now that's a mass shooting. How many potentially hundreds of thousands of people are going to fit into this weird dynamic that University of Colorado's created, not just people who heard it, like a block away going is that gunshots? What's going on there? The hell's going on? I'll tell you man. I was sitting I stayed at the hotel that I stayed at those two nights in magazine before I went up to the Volcano stuff that I did. I was up. It's the highest hotel. It's it's called the Las Antenta, which just means the seventy h and you know Lorelis, which is what I guess. It's a pretty safe area in Metagine, right. I thought of tourists, you know, American hotels, nice stuff. And I was sitting there on my balcony with you know, had a couple buddies on this. We're just sitting there drinking beer because I got the bigger balcony. I got upgraded, thank you Marriott. And I'm sitting there and if like across the city and Metazine has like three million people in it, and every night over in what you would consider the barrios that are literally called they are literally named after Pablo Escobar. Gunshots. Man just gunshot at palooza And I'm I'm fifteen miles and Metagine is a huge city. It's not quiet, and yet you could hear these gunshots. I was not part of whatever shooting incident happened over there, and apparently you were, though, right, I guess I am. I don't even know what happened, how many people got hit, But.
Speaker 5: By those standards, yeah, I mean, because we've had gunshots before in wake Forest, where we've been like what was that. Our neighbor has been like a her gunshots. That's definitely happened where the place were involved, like a block away. But no, I wouldn't say it was in a mass shooting.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: When you think of a mass shooting, you think of somebody using a gun to murder multiple people.
Speaker 1: Well, and again that part of it they do. They do go with the four or injured or murdered. But the absurdity that if you and you don't even again, you don't even have to hear it. They then would define, all right, this person shot a forty five right, this type of gun. And so what they did is they built parameters on how far that sound should travel, attempting to mitigate nothing. Right, So if I want to did a mass shooting next to a jet engine, people on the plane may not hear it. Do you know what I'm saying? That's absurd. If I do it in that mountain elk hunting setting that I was just talking about, dudes in dudes in another county could hear it, just because the echoing you get when you fire a high powered rifle in a mountain situation where it's so quiet and echoing. So it was CBS is running with this story today. I just wanted to be abundantly clear. But now one in fifteen people can get into Harvard, So there's that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're just cherry picking to push an agenda.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, one hundred percent, So pay no mind to this. It's absurd. Unless you honestly believe one in fifteen people have been part of a mass shooting. That's just not the case. Okay, all right, well you decide based on those parameters, and you can read the article. We'll tweet it out, all right. Eight forty four race staging from the Weather Channel. Alrighty, so you gonna flirt with nineties? Is this really gonna happen? Yeah? I think so. Why Ross is going to the mountains, He's making the right decision, smart guy.
Speaker 5: Right, They'll be warm there, but.
Speaker 2: Not as warm still, maybe eighty five ish until well it's not quite humid yet, so you bright it away with it. But yeah, but you know, it's really a pattern that looks more like summertime. Got a big burver, get a high off east coast, and that's actually gonna keep all the rain and the bad storms away from us. There's going to be a flood risk and a high flood risk out across parts of the Sunner Ohio Valley, Tennessee Valley, and a severe weather risk today actually a high risk before long track strong tornadoes too. So that's all going to stay away from us the next several days. A lot of overcasts today upper sixties, maybe seventy in spots, passing light rain shower.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Really not worried about rain today or tonight. Maybe a little drizzle or light rain around through Tomorrow morning and then sunshine pretty good looking Thursday afternoon, load to mid eighties and a southwest breeze and mild even at night as we come to the mid upper sixties by Friday morning. That's the average highs for this time of year, and then that's going to push us close to ninety by Friday afternoon. So we're probably eighty five to ninety from Triad and through the Triangle for Friday, Saturday, and maybe even Sunday, depending on what time the showers get here. So Marshall, sunshines, I won't be mostly sunny, so that sun's not beating down on you. But you know that March sun angles start to feel pretty strong out there too, So if you are going to be outdoors and get burn easily, yeah, may want to already start thinking about sunscreen.
Speaker 1: Picking on me. Yeah, Well, you know, Irish, is that what's going could be?
Speaker 2: It could be yeah, and then next week some cooler weather, maybe below normal temperatures starting about Tuesday, and would be surprised if you're previously mentioned mountains. Next week toward midweek actually see some colder air, and depending on the timing of that cold air, maybe some snowflakes. So yeah, there's a chance. If I'm calling it today, there's a chance higher elevations to the west and especially north.
Speaker 1: You guys gonna get persons signed? Or is that just falling down? Yeah, that's done. I mean the rest of the teams.
Speaker 2: So I have like one or two superstars and the rest of the team's mediocre. I say trade them all, start over.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll burn it down.
Speaker 2: All right, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you appreciate it, and we'll come back next with Jeff Boneser.
Speaker 9: Hang on, Well, good morning, casey. Investors, economists, and the American people. Get the word on new tariffs President Trump later today. The President refers to the levies as reciprocal tariffs. Its hope he'll explain just what that means. Its reported details of the tariff plan had not been finalized. As of late yesterday. Stock Market Future suggests investors are still nervous about tariffs. The Dow futures are down three hundred eighteen points.
Speaker 1: At the moment, concerns.
Speaker 9: About tariffs did build a fire under a lot of car shoppers. The automakers reported stronger first quarter sales as customers moved to complete deals ahead of possible price increases. Some video game fans are looking forward to a preview of Nintendo's switch to gaming console that's going to be released to some time this year. A live stream presentation is planned for just a few minutes from now, with Nintendo providing a clearer look at the new console. Pace of hiring by companies picked up last month. ADPs as one hundred fifty five thousand workers were added to private payrolls in March, and that's more than expected. Employers added to eighty four thousand jobs in February. Looking away down the road, the National Football League announced that Amazon's Prime Video will get to stream one football game on Christmas Day. Netflix will have two games. That's the same as last year. Variety notes this is not a special deal for Amazon. Prime already had the rights to Thursday Night football, and Christmas just happens to fall on a Thursday this year. Beginning next month, Domino's Pizza will start accepting orders through door Dash this ends Uber Eats exclusive deal is Domino's delivery service, and case a developer in Brazil is planning to build the tallest residential tower in the world. Potential buyers will have to be really rich and really love high rise living. This tower will have one hundred and fifty seven floors and top out at nearly eighteen hundred feet.
Speaker 1: Casey, yeah, no, thank you, not for me. Hey, just because everyone's getting told today, what was your favorite Val Kilmer movie? The actor has passed.
Speaker 9: There, Jeff, Yeah, I'm trying to find I'm just trying trying to think. I saw saw him in one of the Batman movies. I don't don't really recall.
Speaker 1: The top Gun, Top Gun.
Speaker 9: Yeah I did see that, so yeah, those those good choices.
Speaker 1: He also played Jim Morrison in The Doors. I know you like music.
Speaker 5: I do like music.
Speaker 1: Didn't see that one though.
Speaker 9: I'm not a obviously you you if you've unearthed the fact that I'm not a big, big moviegoer.
Speaker 1: But no, but I mean those are some big movies. Oh yeah, absolutely, all right, Well appreciate it. Okay, yeah, the up day, thank you, sir. Okay, t see Ross and I were betting he'd seen the Doors because music movie. So I thought it was a pretty good theory. Top gun, he did see it, so I saw somebody somebody on Twitter was saying he didn't, so all right, And then I left a few off the list there obviously, Uh, let me flip back here. Sorry, I'm a little distracted on something. There isn't a There was an amazing moment yesterday. So here's the deal. When it comes to people chasing members of Congress around in those tunnels to the elevator and screaming at them for stuff, it has been so astroturfed that my default assumption is that person is not just a regular Joe or Jane, right. My assumption is they are doing so as part of an organized political protest, but a non disclosed one they're part of, perhaps some sort of organization or group, or they're just simply not who they say they are. That's and that's largely thanks to groups like Code Pink and others who have made this kind of their thing. So I will always take a wait and see. So this guy was chasing Senator Banks around yesterday and screaming at him because he said he was an age employee, lost his job, and then Banks gets on an elevator. They can't. You can't get on the elevator with them. And it's that moment where where that's closing and they're still talking, and at the moment he says the word clown, the elevator doors closed. It's kind of amazing. Listen to this. I was there working at HHS. I was fired illegally on February fourteenth.
Speaker 7: Are there many people who are not getting social service programs, especially people with disabilities?
Speaker 1: Are you going to do anything to stop what's happening? You probably deserved it. I deserved it. I deserved it. Wow. Yeah, that's great to hear. Why Why did I deserve it? Because you seem like a clown. You shouldn't have said that. Oh, you shouldn't have said that, right, Okay, Look, here's the deal. What is not disclosed is he has been following him around. I guess he was. He was harassing him and others for hours. And again I don't know the guy's story, but the fact that he they had all the camp was out, and then they kept asking the same question over and over, and I guess he had gotten an answer kind of prior to that. Then I'm like, I don't know if I believe you, sir.
Speaker 5: It's not normal behavior, and you seem like a lunatic, yeah, or a clown perhaps,