Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 1: It's time for part two of our community connection right here on K one, the one that you trust. And we have Dane Warner in here with us today and Dane, thanks to Mother and nature, we had a little bit of a pushback. Allow, I want a big to do that we've got coming up that's going to draw some great attention to Alzheimer's. It's a story that you you you've lived out in part tell us a little bit about what we can expect from the launch party of I can see I can clearly see us now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're March the seventh, that'll be a week from this coming Friday, down at Crossing Second Restaurant, we're having a launch party for a music video short film project that we did. It's based upon my parents' journeys through my dad's Alzheimer's. It's a little seventeen minute film music video that we produced that, yes, is real personal to me. I didn't I learned a lot about Alzheimer's through my dad's journey and things I didn't know, and so I decided to write a song about from my dad's point of view what he would like to say to my mom. And I wrote that song a few years ago and then I had this idea for a little music video to I think we could use it to bring some awareness to what Alzheimer's can put the family through.
Speaker 2: And so it really started.
Speaker 3: Again a real personal project, but we had a lot of people come in. It's again it's just about a seventeen minute film, but it's it touches a lot of aspects of Alzheimer's and it's already we've got some organization using the film at this point to UH to tackle the topic and we so there's a lot of things that we're trying to do with this. We the program is at six o'clock. We're gonna have a few snacks there. But you know, if you want to order off the wonderful menu at Crossing Second, they ask you could be there by six at the latest, then get your orders to turned in.
Speaker 2: Then we'll show the film. And but it's one of those things that it's gonna be good evenings.
Speaker 3: We've got a few experts coming in to talk about different areas.
Speaker 2: Not only a big focus is some of the health things that you can do, and.
Speaker 3: Sometime early detection is a big part of it right now, on what we can do ahead of the game, not only with possible medication, but also with certain diet programs, and so we've got a few people that's going to be talking about that aspect of it too.
Speaker 1: Now. We were blessed to see the initial film. You brought part of it, if not all of it to the radio station and a few of us got to view it with you. And I'm going to tell everybody that you're going to have a front row seat to a very touching, moving story. You've got a very good musician who's going to be a part of this too, Chase Wilson. He actually sings the song that you wrote right now. The version of the movie we saw, we got to hear and sing it. It's see You. But the story itself is very very moving, very very telling, almost as if you're in the house, you know, watching the situation as it progresses. And I think that's kind of the trip the tour visually that you wanted to present very up close, very personal.
Speaker 2: Right right as we had.
Speaker 3: Some very good local actors that reenacted my mom and dad in their early years, and then we had another couple reenact him in the later years, and so it was able to and they did a fantastic job.
Speaker 2: They were amazing.
Speaker 3: And then Chase Wilson, we shot his portion in the video out at woll Rock and the actual musician and he did a wonderful, wonderful job on the song. And so yes, we're trying to help promote his career a little bit too. So you know, this program again, we we love to have people come out. We obviously would like people to get a room full of pe people to help spread the message we're trying to do. But if you just like to help support local filmmaking and you can talk to some of the people that work on the film, maybe you're in that area, maybe you like to support the local music scene, you know. But then the most important thing, of course is the Alzheimer's awareness.
Speaker 1: Now for folks who aren't aware, you produced several things. One most recently was the Zacher Story and that's one earned numerous awards and including a video a music video award too. That Bartlesville High School student Bella Cavic.
Speaker 2: She was wonderful, she.
Speaker 1: Was wonderful in that. And you've also had a hospital one too, and so these things, this isn't a novelty thing that Danes put together. Into the Road puts together a wide variety of different pieces, but they're all geared to make you think, make you feel, make you maybe take a little stocking things.
Speaker 2: Right, you know.
Speaker 3: We of course my main business Warner Audio Video. We've been here for thirty five years and we know that's that's what pays the bills.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We do the audio video for a majority of a lot of the churches, the schools, corporate facilities.
Speaker 2: And yes, that's my main business.
Speaker 3: Some people have said, have you got totally out of that because they they see a lot of these video projects that were taking because that's been taken the headlines a little bit.
Speaker 2: So we but know the the.
Speaker 3: End of the Road Productions, it's not set up as a nonprofit, but it sure is, you know. We so we've got a music career, like yeah, that's right, so you know we we have to do the other work to pay our bills.
Speaker 2: But we did see the power of the camera and we did.
Speaker 3: You know, I've never done filmmaking before the kenzach Er documentary and that has taken off across the country doing very well, but but yeah, it's we we see got a passion for topics that we feel like that we can touch, you know, we've and a lot of it because we've been touched personally by them.
Speaker 1: Now this one, it portrays your dad. And you told me after the film that your father was a musician too, like you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my dad and he had a lot of fun with it.
Speaker 2: And you'll see part of that in the video.
Speaker 3: It's it's kind of a fun part of the video how my mom and dad met and and so it's at a local club, although my mom never went to clubs, according to her, but she uh, he had a little Elvis rock and roll style band, and that's how they met. So you'll see a little bit of that in the film. But it's very cute the film, you know, again, it shows some really I think some people that knew my parents they had a boat business and no water for forty years, would like to come over and watch this because they'll see some they'll learn some stuff about my dad before they moved to know water that they didn't know about him. So there's a lighthearted, some fun part of the early years. And then it transfers to the part that.
Speaker 1: We're really challenged with. Yeah, now the challenge is I'm just going to be quite honest with you folks. At times it's going to be difficult. And then again, Alzheimer's at times can be difficult, and being aware of it is very, very important because more and more people are diagnosed with that these days.
Speaker 3: For some incidents, yeah, I think there's like a lot of things. People chalk things up to being senile or getting old, that's just what it is. But that's not the case. And so again, yes we've Alzheimer's. There's advancements that a lot of people aren't aware of and things that just like myself, you know, I started this project thinking how can we help somebody, and then right in the middle of it, I realized that I might be that person. Because my grandfather died of Alzheimer's, my dad passed away of Alzheimer's, so it does run in my family, but there's other contributing factors that makes me realize that I'm one of those ones that need to be on this ahead of time. I'm not having any symptoms, but I'm in the middle of being tested for in several areas. Once again, early detection there's like a lot of things can head some things off in the future. So we I'm right in the middle of that. I'm gonna be sharing a little bit about that at this program.
Speaker 1: You have experts there, right, We're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have some different people talk about different areas and so so again, we a week from Friday, so this March seventh, if you want to come down, I promise you it's going to be just a nice evening down there, and we order our food up or we'll have a few snacks for you, but we'll see the film, we'll hear some different people talk, and then after that it's gonna turn into just if you want to hang out, especially being.
Speaker 2: On a Friday night. Now, it was original on a thurstay night before we got iced out.
Speaker 3: But at Friday night, some of the musicians that are gonna be there, they're gonna crank up their instruments and we'll probably sit around and have a little jam session, have some fun. So and we're also gonna show a little sneak peek after the official program is over at seven.
Speaker 2: This program is from six to seven.
Speaker 3: We'll be having some fun, but we're also gonna show a little sneak peak of a new video that we made about our hometown of No Water called Iron and Pride.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be showing that that Friday night. Also just it's a little ten minute film, but it's a fun one.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. So you're actually gonna get three elements for the price of what.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the program's free. We're hoping people will order some food for share and she's providing the room and crossing second for free, so hopefully she'll all some food.
Speaker 1: Now, you got a Facebook page where folks can maybe learned a little bit about this.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, my personal Facebook page is Dane Warner Bill or you can go to End of the Road Productions. It's on that Facebook page or Warner Audio Video. It's we've got it splattered everywhere.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm looking forward to this. I want to see it again m hm. And you know, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the questions that are being posed to some of the panel members and of course what they have to say too, because none of us are getting any younger. Yeah, Dane, thank.
Speaker 2: You for being with us.
Speaker 3: Oh, we appreciate all you do for supporting all these things in this town.
Speaker 4: Flower Land, where emotions are expressed in creativity is delivered Flowerlandflowers dot com. Kwn burtleswill K two twenty seven CQ burtleswill K two thirty six e T Fosco Insurance.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Kaithan.
Speaker 4: There's word from Texas of the first death of a hospitalized person in the expanding meat outbreak.
Speaker 2: Cybs's Michael Wallace.
Speaker 5: Alumbic City spokesperson, confirms the patient died of the highly contagious respiratory virus overnight, but didn't disclose the patient's age. There have been one hundred and twenty four confirmed cases of measles and eighteen hospitalizations across nine Texas counties. Most of the patients are children from a tight knit, unvaccinated Mennonite community.
Speaker 4: Rightsident and Trump is holding his first cabinet meeting right about now. Elon Musk will be part of it, even though he does not hold a cabinet post Press Secretary Catherine Levitt says it makes sense for him to be there.
Speaker 3: Elon is working with the Cabinet secretaries in their staff every single day to identify waste and fraud and abuse at these respective agencies.
Speaker 4: Cybs's Wi Jujang has more on the firings and threats that have rattled the federal workforce.
Speaker 3: Oh, we are absolutely in a crisis mode.
Speaker 6: Randy Irwin is the president of NFFE, a union that represents one hundred and ten thousand federal workers, many of whom he says are terrified about what Musk in his team will do next.
Speaker 5: They've created a toxic work environment, and nobody wants to work under those conditions.
Speaker 2: It's not worth it.
Speaker 5: They don't pay federal employees enough to put up with this garbage.
Speaker 4: The US Supreme Court's hearing arguments in a case today that could change how courts viewed discrimination on the job. It's a suit brought by Ohio Youth Services worker Arlene Ames, who claimed she was demoted because she's heterosexual, while two homosexuals were promoted above her. Xah Wang is with the University of Virginia Law Center that consult