Speaker 1: What if the answers you're searching for are already within you here at Richer Within. We believe they are, and we're here to help you discover them. I'm Catherine, joined by Dynamo doctor Pat. Together we blend science and spirituality to guide you in reconnecting with your inner wisdom and unique magnificence. Tune in for inspiring stories and practical strategies to boost clarity, embrace your worth, and spark meaningful change. Ready to unlock your inner wealth, start your transformation? Now, Hi, everyone, we have a great show for you today. This is so cool, right you know, I get to join Catherine to do this show and I'm always amazed at what Catherine shows up to talk about. Today, we're talking about you are the party and this is a broader conversation than you may think. Just remember that phrase, you are the party Captain. This is such an important energy right now. Thank you for taking this topic on. You know, every one of us has something that comes in our mind, that comes in our field. Can you talk about what this was for you? Where you're just saying, unlike that old school song, it's my party, right, but this is about you are the party. Talk about that for a minute, and thank you for picking this topic. Well, thanks for having fun with it with me. I'm excited about it. Yeah, you know, just a couple of weeks ago, this came up for me. I was headed for a friend's birthday party and I could see the party happening half a block away. They were all under this covered area outside of the restaurant, and I was noticing who was there and kind of who wasn't there, and send people that I didn't know, and see if I wasn't quite sure of and I started going, you know, I'm not too sure about this, and I'm not that great in crowds, and I'm not I'm kind of tired. I hiked all day and I'm not sure this outfit is right. And I literally felt my body start to shrink. I literally felt like I was getting smaller. And in that moment, I caught myself and went, wait a minute, wait a minute, I am the party. All I remembered. I am the party. I am the party. So what does that mean? I said, Okay, mindset. I choose to show up as graceful, I choose to show up as open. I choose to show up as curious, I choose to be open to having a better time than he would imagine. I give myself permission to be me. I know how to be here. I am the party, and I grew another three inches. And I went to the party and I had such a great time. I met new people, I got to speak with the people that I didn't know very well, and they were wonderful and it was so much fun that I didn't want to leave. But I had another I had a dance party to go to and it was it was so fulfilling. The host actually had a birthday cake for all of us, so I did get to have my cake and eat it too.
Speaker 2: But you know, what you described so often is like a metaphor for life, because how often do we either not do something or contemplate it beyond the point of being on time to do something. Now that's a different version of procrastination. I think, you know, there's procrastination because l la la la whatever, But then there's the avoidance procrastination. Right, how did you overcome that? Because that's big for me too. Boy, people don't get that. I'm like a super introvert, so going to a party, it's like I'd rather sit in my closet and be on my tablet ah.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, it's remembering that I am not dependent on external circumstances to have the experience that I want to have wherever I am. So rather than relying on Okay, who's at the party, who's not at the party?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Am I dressed well enough? Am I going to fit in? It's more about bringing ourselves first, bringing myself first to the party, bringing yourselft to the part. How do you want to show up? Do you want to be a little mischievous that night at that party because you're feeling a little, you know, a little of that resistance. So it's really about that practice of flipping. When we want to have an experience other than we're having, well, then what do we want to have? How do we want to show up? Right? And I understand what you're talking about because there's parties that I've been to and I come home and I'm like, why didn't I dance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Why didn't I approach that person that seemed curious about me? Why? And you know, it's a great place for reflection because it's how willing am I to be man to just love myself enough to show up just as I am, regardless and be able to go with that flow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, part of this is what we tell ourselves, right, I was listening. I do a lot of listening because I'm a work in progress, so I have to listen. I be reminded of different things. And you know, one of the things that we do. We're great in talking with ourselves. But how great are we affirming ourselves? Like I don't want to go to the party because I look too fat. That one is been measured by society. That's like the number one statistic about why people don't do something. Now, it doesn't just mean that it's body image. Right, So we're all cut out an entire event that we could have fun.
Speaker 1: But what if we were just us?
Speaker 2: What if you could just be yourself?
Speaker 1: And that's the ticket, That is the ticket, It's our authenticity. And in my mind, that's what we're here for. Yeah, because you know I am here, You are here, everyone who is listening. We are fourteen billion years in the process of being us, and there will only ever be I mean think about that for a second. Really, fourteen billion years of evolution, that is what we are, and we only have one chance in this physical form to experience this life for life to experience itself through us. And so it is about embracing ourselves with that loving compassion, and that acceptance gives other people permission right to be fully accepting of who they are. And it's thank you for bringing that up, because it is the number one, the number one, the number one thing that people often bring to me and down on one sessions. It usually it comes down to self worth, self love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, sometimes we just need a small course correction to at least say I am going to go to the party. It doesn't mean you're going to go to every single party that shows up for you, but when you realize you are the party and it's not controlled by whether or not there's cake. Here, here's something you'll laugh about.
Speaker 1: We have a line.
Speaker 2: Dancing place like maybe two models down, two miles down the road, and I love the whole line dancing thing, believe it or not, true confessions. I'm really a pretty good two stepper. Right, So here's my big reason for not like signing up and going. And I even, I mean I even got Linda to said you want to go learn line dancing? Right, it's amazing. I don't have my dancing boots anymore. I left them back and say, okay, do you believe that that's going to be my reason right there for not going dancing? Can you believe that now you know this and I know this, do you think Catherine, that that's what it's really about my boots? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that's where we get to be compassionate with ourselves and ask ourselves, So what's behind the boots? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly. And you know this is for all of you out there, because this is a message that strikes home quite a bit. And we've become so normalized to this, We've become so normalized to not being the party that there are so many things we compromise on. Right, So if people are thinking, I don't know, do I really want to say I am the party? That sounds so selfish. I mean, did that go through your mind to get you out of there? Because that's not the first thing that hits me. But it certainly is an excuse for not to claim you are the party?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And that's a good question to me. It's if I were coming from an egotistical place, I would walk into that party and I would steal the limelight from the birthday man right. I would do everything I could to be the center of attention. I would talk and talk and talk and talk and talk, and I would not be paying attention to people's body cues. I would just want to be the center of attention no matter what. To me, that would be coming from an egotistical place. That, to me, is very different than showing up authentic. And there's something very magnetic about authenticity, and if far outweighs charisma, people are drawn to authenticity. And so the difference between the authenticity and the ego drivenness. When I say I am the party, it's just remembering, you know what, I'm bringing my full self here. Yeah, and I am going to take full responsibility for my experience here. That's the other part of it. I'm not grasping on to somebody else to make sure I have a good time or anything like that. It's it's the whole thing about I am richer within myself, and that's how I'm choosing to show up. It's a choice. Yeah, it's not a drive. It's a choice. It's so interesting.
Speaker 2: So you went to the party, Yeah, yeah, okay, did you dance.
Speaker 1: Well they were dancing afterwards, but I was going to a different kind of dance.
Speaker 2: Oh right, oh yes, and I went and I danced my Now, look at your double book and very nice. But you see, that's what I'm trying to say, to really muster up the energy around I am the party. It's so important. Let's take it on a bigger Let's take it to a bigger stage for a minute. Because look, I'm around a lot of different business people, but I'm around athletes a lot, and I watch people looking at a championship pipe athlete and saying, oh, they're egotistical, they're arrogant. Well I don't know that they are. I think that they believe they are the party and they show up as the party. How can we incorporate this in our entire life? Do you understand what I'm saying? How can we take this and say, wait a minute, I'm not just a party at my friend's birthday, or I'm not the party at that line dancing place. Can I be the party everywhere? Right?
Speaker 1: And that's the question. What if life is a party? And when I say party, I mean a celebration. What if it's a gift to be enjoyed. When we think of the emotional vibrational scale, every motion carries a vibration. What's it? The bliss, peace, joy, those are at the top of the vibrational scale. So what if we're hardwired for it? And when we're not in that state, we feel the dissonance because life wants to be joyful and expressive and expressing itself. And so there's everyday gatherings like you're talking about, doctor Pat. How are we showing up at the grocery store? Are we chatting with the person there? How are we showing up at work? How are we showing up in family situations? How are we showing up wherever we are? At a basketball game, at a yoga class, wherever we show up? How about that? I'd love to give you an example. Yeah, please do work. I know it can be a really challenging place to be in joy. And my first professional job was with a bankruptcy attorney. And I don't know how I got that job. I didn't really even know how to type very well. But it was just myself and this bankruptcy attorney on a floor of other attorneys. And this person was one of the biggest grumpelophaguses I have ever known. He would come in the office, he would not say hello, he would harumph, and then close this door. And then he would come out and give me work, give me a few instructions, and then he would go back in. And that's just how the day went. And after a while, I'm like, you know what, I'm not having fun and I deserve to have a good time at work because I'm here eight hours a day and I gave it my all. So h what can I do? What can I do? How can I be the party? And what I did was I noticed that every day after he went out for lunch, he came back with a bag of those iced animal cookies, this little miniature ice things. Yeah little, he's on top of him.
Speaker 2: And I don't know them, well, I know them well, That's what.
Speaker 1: He had every single day. And so one day I got to the office early and I went into his office. I'm not sure i'd every been in there, but I went into his office before he got there, and I had bought a bag of iced animal cookies and I put them everywhere. I put them in his desk drawers. I put him on this ledge that he would open the curtains to for the view. I put them behind the curtains so idy open the curtains, he would see them. I put them under his phone receiver when we had them. I'm dating myself there, But anyway, and he came in the office, closed his door, you know, her rumped and closed his door. And then a few minutes later I hear this hurrah, and then a couple of minutes later, I hear this huh r. That's how we laughed. I'd heard him laugh before all day long, all day long. I don't remember if we actually talked that day, but the next day I got to my desk. I used to eat a grapefruit every day for lunch. There was a grapefruit on my typewriter. Oh my god, there are grapefruits in my drawers. There are, my gosh, everywhere. He could put one.
Speaker 2: Wow, he actually noticed you were grapefruit for lunch. WHOA right, yeah right?
Speaker 1: So that changed everything. That changed everything from then on. We had a great working relationship. We had fun together, and that's how we could transform because I'm like, I'm not going to depend on him to be happy, and I could do something here. I'm going to bring a little party, I ever, bring these party animal crackers and change things up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let's help people do this because you have a way to do it and you incorporate reate that into your coaching platform and what you do. And for those of you out there, if you want to find out more about Catherine, go to Richer within dot com. That's Richer within dot com. But you have a way that you a great way that you help people shift that energy, right, because that's what we're talking about. And don't you find that if you can stop it before it becomes a story, then it becomes an epic movie. And right, you see what I'm saying. So, how do you help people with this? Talk about the rad approach?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. It is one of my very favorites, quickest, easiest to remember, very effective, and it came to me in the course of doing this work play, and it's called b RAD. Do rad right, be radical in your joy, be radical in your living. And so the RAD is an acronym for three things. The R is for recognize, the A is a firm, and the D is for do so. In the situation of the party that I was walking into, I recognize because it's about awareness of what we're thinking and feeling in our bodies at any given time. What am I thinking? What am I feeling? And I recognize I'm shrinking because I'm thinking all of these negative thoughts and I haven't even gotten to the party yet. And I caught myself and I call that like you know, when we're making pancakes in the kitchen and we leave something on too long and it starts to stink a little bit, right, it starts to burn. So what do we do? Flip it? We flip it to its opposite. Just goes all the way back to the yoga sutras. Yeah, right, from flipping from negative to positive? And so oh, how am I feeling? I am feeling insecure? Ooh, I know who I am? I am feeling shy. Ah. I'm choosing to be curious, and you can say out loud, is really powerful. I choose to be I affirm I'm in the right place. I affirm I belong here, I affirm I am I am the party. I affirm I know who I am. Whatever works for you that helps shift and you I, well, yes, I would say we feel it internally because these thoughts become chemicals, they come flow through our body, creates our vibratory field, and it's like a it's like a vibrational field clearing for ourselves. Right. Yeah, so those out loud affirmations. So recognize a stinky compassionately, flip it to its opposite, say it for affirmation. And then the do is do it? Yeah, yeah, do it right. And people say, oh, fake it till you make it, no act as if it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, and that's so important. The whole fake it to you make it thing is a little odd. I know that's a big thing in recovery, that that turn. But that never worked for me. And you know, this whole thing about the dancing, I mean, I'm like starting to invite a bunch of people and then I'm like going to back out. Hello, But you know the mine works like this. It's like, first it starts with the boots, because I got my dance and boots up in Sturgis. On my way through Sturgis, got two great pairs of boots. Oh my god, I don't have jeans that fit me now, Catherine, Oh my god, jeans. I don't have the right okay, the right jeans to wear dancing. Are you kidding? Who cares? But you understand? And you know the mind, the heart, the heart wants to go and the mind will tell you, girl friend, you ready to go line dancing? You know they already line you got or under your eyes? I mean, that's the way the dialogue goes, right, So what comes after? The worthy part? Because first none of us like the way this feels? Do we But we stop? There?
Speaker 1: We stop? We stop, and the stopping is actually the first step because we can recognize Wow, I suggest placing. This is what I practice off in I place my hand on my heart and breathe into my heart space. The heart is the seed of emotion and that's the place where we can shift it the most deeply and honor our heart, honor our being. We get to love ourselves. We get to love ourselves and practice that, and the more we practice, the easier it becomes to do it. And then we rewire our neural pathways so that the brain isn't in charge all the time. There's more of a conversation and communication between the heart and the brain because the heart's brain is much bigger than the one in our head. Yeah, and you know, I also want to say you can leave the party if you want. Hello, I can leave. And if it's not serving and you've done all you can and you're like, this is just not what I'm in for, you can leave. And the other thing is And for those of you who are listening and not seeing I put on a beautiful tiara when I said I am a party, I'm going to take it off now. It's beautiful and just recognize that sometimes we just need to take off our party hat and have a good cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's okay too, because that is loving ourselves and honoring when we're in a space like that, because it isn't always easy. And the more we practice our self love and self acceptance, the more willing we are to shift ourselves into you know what, I'm wearing my tennises dancing tonight. I'm going to put on a skirt I feel good in and I am having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, part of this too is incorporate the higher power side of this, the God of your understanding, the spiritual nature of things, because it is so powerful when we bring that in. It is the thing that you know, up until the nineties, I didn't get what that was. I really didn't, and my sobriety helped me, but spiritual practice in many traditions help me understand the power. So how can we help our people today and how do they work with you? What's the best way for them to get a hold of you.
Speaker 1: You can get a hold of me through richer within dot com, Richer as in Richer for the experience, Richer within dot Com. I'm also on Instagram and you too, And I would love to work with anyone who would like to, anyone anywhere. And also I'd like to offer an example of something that you can learn to do for yourself to tune into that deeper aspect of your being, your highest self. And so I'll just bring us right into that. Thank you everyone for being willing and being open to being at this party today, and I just invite you to take a moment to settle in, receive a nice breath. If you're in a place to close your eyes, please do so. And I am just so incredibly grateful for the celebration that life is. To know that life is always lifing, and it is always creating, It is always exploring, it is always moving and answering and in constant creativity. And it is this life that expresses itself in through and as everything, every spec of everything that we see, and even things that are unseeable. It is expressing in through and as this life and as everyone everywhere. And I know this is the truth of me. I know I am an embodiment of that life. And as I know this is the truth of me, I know it is the truth of everyone. Within the sound of my voice, everyone is a beautiful, magnificent, whole and complete and radiant expression of that very power that creates worlds, that presence of energy that courses through their veins, that infinite wisdom and intelligence, and that love. They are. We are embodiments of all of this. And so I just call forth a yes to embracing our beauty or magnificence, our uniqueness. And as we do so, we step into every situation knowing that we bring our authentic selves to every celebration of life, to everything that we can see as a party to every situation, work, dancing, yoga, driving the grocery store that we can be, and we choose to be and step into that living, that way of living in joy, which is our spiritual birthright. And I claim that for everyone right here and right now, and in gratitude to know this to be the truth of life and the truth of who we are and whose we are, I simply release this word, knowing it is creative power, letting it be, releasing it into that quantum field of infinite potential in that place that always says, yes, it has already done, in the heart mind of the divine. I simply let it be, and we allow it to be by joyfully saying, and so.
Speaker 2: It is, and so it is. Thank you, Katherine, because it is my party. Thank you so much for everything. For those of you out there out there, it's Katherine Richer dot com. Get a hold of Katherine, create the party of your life and know that it is you. We'll see you all next time.
Speaker 1: I must start. Thank you for investing in yourself by listening to Richer Within with me. Katherine and doctor Pat continue this journey with us every third Monday at eleven am Pacific on Transformation Talk Radioing Inspired visit richerwidin dot com to explore one on one sessions, speaking engagements, and supportive services with me. Together, let's co create a world that uplifts everyone through deeper living and conscious presence until next time, and always align with your inner wealth of wisdom. Wow.