Speaker 3: Ah, we're back.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, hello. Voon was just telling me that his girlfriend Alyssa listens every once in a while shout out, girl, shout out, and she was like, yeah, they haven't had a new episode recently, and I was like, yeah, we we were.
Speaker 3: Last week off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for sticking around, unless you at that moment you decided they took a week off. Unfollow, unsubscribe, Unlike. That's hurtful, but I understand you won't hear this messaging anyway, so get them exactly there they It is funny when you find out who you know. I don't know why. I just assume nobody listens to this podcast, but I like, was at Mall of America. Some of the people that work there, so they listen. I was like, some of our promo staff have said they It's like, I'm like mind blown some of the people that say they listen to our podcast.
Speaker 3: And then I start kidding in my head, like, oh god, what have I said?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Andrew out of Nowhere will be like, oh, you guys were talking about this on your podcast the other day, and that was like a really good way of explaining something. I don't know what it was. And I was like, oh god. I always just like assume he doesn't listen, and I try to be respectful of what he'd be willing for me to say on the podcast. But yeah, he listens every once in a while, but he doesn't really tell me, you know, like unless something specific comes up that he wants to talk about.
Speaker 3: There's no way that Jake listens. I don't think he has time.
Speaker 2: But if he did listen, I know for a fact, because he's like the same as all of us. The only way I think Jake would listen, I think he subscribes is if he saw a title that made him think we were talking about him. Yeah, that's the only way I think he would even check out an episode. Yeah, so I'm like, okay, whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, how was your trip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we kind of flip flopped. I went on a trip and then right as I was getting back, Jenny was going on her trip. So we did Italy and on our trip we did it was a so I have to explain it kind of. It was a group tour through a company called Defined Destinations. Michael leads it. I'm kind of the host, if you will, like, I'm the one that promotes, Hey, this trip's happening. I pick the location, but Michael does all the work. He like books the tours, he has the like connections to the different places and blah blah blah. So we did our We stayed primarily in Sorrento, and then we did day trips to like a Malthy coast, which I learned a Malfi is different than Positano. I thought like that whole coast was just called the Amalfi Coast. No, it's if you go on order it's Positano. Then you get to a Malfi, I believe. And then like we drove Egal up into a place called Ravellos. We did those in one day. We did Capri and one day we went to Pompeii one day and it was I would say Tina had just gone to northern Italy and she said it was chili. Well, we were obviously in southern October might be assuming you don't deal with any rain.
Speaker 3: The perfect weather.
Speaker 2: Ever, it was just warm enough still you could go on the water, but you weren't sweating, but like bullets, because when you go to Pompey, so many pool everyone. I feel like their experience of going to Pompeii. Is they just sweat profusely because it's a bunch of stones, right and you're in direct sun. Yeah, it wasn't like that for us, and so I'm like, I think we really went like the most perfect weather. Say, and the group trip is I did it years ago. We started in Paris. A core group of those people came two years ago to Spain, and now core group also came to Italy. So there's like this core group of people that kind of know each other now and then there will be a few new people and the group is so great they embraced them. Yeah, and I went out a couple of nights, actually stayed out late. The time change up didn't mess me up too much this time. So I had found a karaoke bar and I sent like in the WhatsApp group, I'm going to the karaoke bar. Everyone shows up for the most part, and they were doing songs like Abba the Eagles.
Speaker 3: They were doing.
Speaker 2: Olivia Newton John from Greece, like the her Slow Number, and I was like, I gotta spice this place up. So I went and requested get Low and they did not know what it was. And they're like okay because they are people at the bar. Yeah, they were like pulling it up on kind of YouTube and they're like, okay, whatever. So my turn came up, and I will say I changed the vibes in that place. People went crazy. They had the edited version YouTube video.
Speaker 3: I did not see the editor scheme.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went. I went full hardcore.
Speaker 2: And then after that the can was open and everyone really embraced and it was beautiful and I loved this started the party. I did start the party for once in my life. Yeah, and it was I don't know, I don't know what else to really say other than it was just a really really lovely trip and I'm glad that I experienced that part of Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it looked beautiful. Yeah, so much fun. I loved all. I love seeing Jake's photos of you on vacation because I feel like you don't take enough of yourself almost and Jake does, like the artistic ones.
Speaker 3: He does a decently good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wait almost more for his posts because I'm always like, where's my girl at? Well, I never even know what pics of my girl.
Speaker 2: I don't even know when he's taken them. Half the time, I'm like, all right, like calm down, like some he'll try. He's he's like my dad sometimes, Like I bought a bougie purse and I looked over and he was taking photos of me paying for it, and I was like, get out and it's so embarrassing. I was like, get out of here, like dad, you know God. He's like, well, maybe you'd want that moment. I'm like, that's fine, we can skip some moments.
Speaker 1: I think there was a real or maybe an Instagram story that you had posted that I had to watch a couple of times because I literally thought it was a video of you naked in the water, but a lot of seiple thought I was nacod but you had like what a peach colored or like a light pain.
Speaker 2: It's a light like tan straight someone else like, am I seeing your little butt?
Speaker 1: First of all?
Speaker 3: Not little? And no, I would not know.
Speaker 1: I would like post that the nude beaches.
Speaker 2: I'd never even posted a picture ever of like my bare stomach when I was pregnant.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't know, I don't know. I have like I've considered it.
Speaker 2: I have a really, I think, kind of artsy, beautiful photo of me like covering up my boobs and you could see like my stomach and someone I'm pregnant. I'm like, no, I don't think I'm going to share that with the world. I think I'll just keep that from me.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but we did cross each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you took off on your first real van life trip.
Speaker 3: I did not up.
Speaker 2: North in Minnesota. You were like cross the country treking'.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we headed out to Colorado and Utah and just busted through a lot of driving.
Speaker 2: Right now, why did you decide on those two locations for your your inaugural trip?
Speaker 1: Mostly to do with weather, because all that's in the van is basically a bed and cabinets, so we don't have heat, air conditioning, shower like anything. So we really had to go to somewhere where we could trust that the weather should be like somewhat neutral, that's likely too cold, not too hot, because we don't have the ability to change what the van is inside yet, gotcha, So that was kind of our initial thought. I was really trying to go out east for like a leaf peeping vibe.
Speaker 3: But I am happy that we did what we did.
Speaker 1: Utah is just so insane and so underrated. Now I know it's not actually underrated, but to me, I never thought of Utah as a destination. I want to go back and do like five hundred things and almost everything I already did, I'd do it over again.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so crazy how many National parks are in Utah. Yeah, and they're close, so you can cut up a lot in a in like one trip. It's because you know, we do a national park each year, and I'm in Utah's on my list. But how I do it is like it's one a year. So for me right now, it's three years out. But I'm like, you did make it Like I've driven through Utah when I moved here from Rino, Nevada. But I drove through. I definitely didn't drive through like beauty. I drove through like Salt Lake City and the drive through a beautiful like Rice Canyon or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right it's Price Canyon there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, did I make that up?
Speaker 1: No, that's one of them. That was my favorite. That was my favorite one of all the parks that we went to. Yes, it was a lot of times.
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, Yeah, and I will say one crazy story that happened is we were we did a sunrise hike there and we're getting around on this like three mile loop. We're getting towards the end, we see all these rescue teams. A guy had fallen off the edge of a cliff getting his picture taken and he was like in this crevice you could barely them luckily, very much alive, very much. Oh going to be okay. God, But we see these teams start to like this one guy start to repel over the rock and like there it was just like this whole process. There's a helicopter circling and we're like, holy crap, Like you hear about these stories, but you know, it's wild to see something happen. So we were kind of watching for a while to see what would happen, and then we're like, all right, we're gonna move along. They wouldn't let us through, so we had to go do the loop again, the trail again, even though we were about a half mile from the end of that trail, and like one of the sheriffs came up to us because it was the rescue crews who were like, you can't come through here, you can't come through here, and the sheriff was like, I don't know why they're like being like that. There's plenty of room for you guys to walk through. But then we were shocked because we're like, why did you guys not cut the trail off then? Because there were so many people at that trail at that point, because you get hikes in early when it's hot, ye, and so like that early at sunrise, No, a lot of people weren't. But when we had to loop back around, there were so many people and we passed this family of two parents and two kids, and one kid was like got how much longer? And they were going the way of where they weren't going to be able to get through, and so I'm like, you gotta like let people know if they're not gonna be able to finish off this trail, Like that's insane. And when we got back to the other end, we could still kind of see from a viewpoint where the rescue was happening and they were still working on things, and it was just when the medic got down to the guy, he literally radioed over significant knee deformation. So and honestly, shockingly, I'm surprised he's like alive from what I saw of the fall and he did. The guy was very sweet from what I heard. He was like, listen, I can't really see you right now because I think he lost his glasses or something.
Speaker 3: He's like, but I just.
Speaker 1: Really want to say thank you for saving my life. And he was like very grateful of the medic. But it was it was just a crazy scene.
Speaker 3: And isn't that wildlife in Utah? You mean there is? What I'm saying, like anything, There are no bears, correct, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so there are like cats, though I think I want to say like Cougar's.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not sure cats are scarier because they still.
Speaker 3: I might be wrong.
Speaker 1: I might be wrong on that. We didn't have anything, but I feel like we were seeing footprints on many different trails and we were trying to gather what they were. Uh So I'm not Yeah, I'm not entirely positive, but I think outside of that being like the crazy story, a couple of funny ones would be. So I did text down letting her know that the portable bidet came in so clutched.
Speaker 3: So happy, so happy and honored that I could help you so so clutch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what I didn't tell you though, was that morning. I literally dug a hole and pooped in it. And sorry to get vulgar, but that's what you do when you wildcamp. Sometimes. It's the only time I did it the entire trip. Yeah, so I finished my business. I'm still pants half down trying to figure out how to like, you know, clean up myself. Yeah, you know, I can't use toilet paper and throw it in our garbage, like what. All of a sudden I hear look up and there's a drone flying and drone because it was one of the most beautiful campsites that we had found, and he was up on this cliff looking over to the lower park because it was also next to this river. And I'm like, are you blank and kidding me? I am like, pants have down my asses out. I just shit in the.
Speaker 2: Fucking standing you is kink, honestly, So I go pan.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I had a drone, the respectful thing to do is to not fly near people, that's for sure, especially in a very secluded, isolated area.
Speaker 3: So I was like, is this going.
Speaker 1: To end up on the internet, Like I've been on the you and on the internet for our ballgig porn Hub situation.
Speaker 3: It's a whole fun time in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean cliff notes is like we did a ballgig bit on the show. Someone clipped it from the Facebook live and put it on pornhub, and so now I'm thinking I'm gonna be on some weird kink poop pornhub.
Speaker 3: Something, but I don't pub and Andrew's like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to find this on Reddit in like a few days called this in Mexican. Hout was the city we were by, But that was like a funny one. I'm trying to think if oh, this was another thing that happened. We were hiking, and you know, you go on long hikes, you have like very random conversations sometimes. Yeah, so Andrew and I are on this hike and I was saying how many steps I had on my fitbit. And Andrew goes, oh, I should wear that when I masturbate. And I go, oh my god, okay, yeah. I was like, okay, well, like how many calories you think you're gonna burn while you masturbate? He goes, oh, I don't know, but if I wore it, I'm like, you're not going to burn that many you you don't masturbate very long. He goes. I was like, how long are you masturbating for? He goes two hours, and I go, what break out in the middle of this hike? And it was just like the most priceless, perfect joke he's ever done, because clearly he was exaggerating, but god, it felt like he was being serious and I was like, you have too much time on your hands.
Speaker 2: Also, also that cannot feel good at that point. Everyone would be wrong at that point, male or female.
Speaker 3: My god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then one like real story is that I did get like some anxiety on this trip. I think it's just like the lack of it was weird to be out in places where there was like not much civilization around. I don't know, And maybe it's a female thing. It's like the fear for your safety kind of thing. Not not fear of Andrew or anything. Oh yeah, just like fear to not be around like anything, or like we didn't have cell service a couple nights, so it's like once we got to the campsite, no service, no interaction to the outside world, and it was great to like decompress from that and stuff, but it was a little bit stressful. And then when we did this sand dune hike. It was literally probably harder than the crazy hikes we did in Tahiti. It was so hard. And when we realized we were on the wrong ridgeline and to get to the correct one was going to be so much work. I started panicking because we're in the middle of these dunes that are so far out and you'd had to keep like climbing up and down, up and down and up and down to get out. Yeah, and there was no one around, like there was nobody on these hikes, and even if there were people on the hikes, you couldn't see them because like it was just this vast space. And I started panicking and I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna need a helicopter to come rescue me. Like I'm not gonna be able to get out of this hike right now. And Andrew didn't know it, because I like kept it to myself and I got it under control and I was fine, but I told them afterwards how like I didn't really like that. So then like the coolest photo that you've seen was, like, well that you brought up was this Moonscape overlook thing. And when we were going to that I started getting anxious again and going to that just because like I don't know, I get like weird vertigo and stuff in spaces, and we were camping right on the edge of this ledge and stuff. So there were definitely moments on this trip where like my anxiety came into play. I was just like, luckily able to keep it under control and it didn't take away from the trip luckily good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You feel like that the dune one, if by the end, was worth it?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you do one that's really hard, and actually I think sometimes you feel accomplished, but like the view isn't as good as you.
Speaker 3: Were hoping it would be for the work you put in.
Speaker 1: I think the view. I think the hike itself was worth it. I just wish we were better prepared because it was the first time I've ever been on a hike where I didn't have enough water or food. I mean, we started that hike at sunrise, and we brought two protein bars each and like had some beef sticks, and we had burned like twenty five hundred calories on that hike alone. So those protein bars and beef sticks together probably was like six hundred calories. So we are so like malnourished at that point and dehydrated because we brought like a water bottle each and then this big thermos of water that we were filling our water bottles with. And I have never experienced this before, but I was almost like delirious at the end, and it was kind of scary. And it was to a point where, like, because of the way you hike in sand, I was so hunched over a lot, and I had this backpack on Andrew had to literally carry it the last like half mile three quarters of a mile because I was barely we were on flat sand at that point, but even trudging through the flat sand was miserable. And so I'm happy I did it. I don't think i'd ever do it again. Yeah, And if I did, I would bring three times the amount of water then what I brought, and like full meals, because it just was You're you're basking in the sun the whole time. There's no protection from any elements, and like we did it when it was still kind of cold, Like I can't imagine doing that in the summer.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would ever really want to hike in sand. Only like I don't have any experience with hiking and sand, but this is my only possible mental thought. I used to play indoor volleyball. Okay, again, this is a terrible example. I hated sand volleyball so much because it makes you slower. You like you can't like make movements as quickly as you can on a court. I felt like heavier, like more way down. I hate the feeling of sand everywhere, So I just imagine that times a million on a hike, and I cannot think of anything that sounds worse to me. I'm like, so I'm like, oh my god, and I just imagine like sand in my shoes the whole time and stuff, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know. I noticed that at the beginning of the hike, and then I kind of got over it. You do get past that, but then you like, I definitely have never probably felt dirtier after a hike because I was just full of sand everywhere, every crevice of my body. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I think if you're ever looking for like a challenge, go for it. But like it's it's really hard. Yea, it is really hard. I do think that the views are great. I think you could also not do the hike to that tall as a dune and still have fantastic views.
Speaker 2: Are you going to rank like the parks you went to or the viewpoints.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna have bought, or I am going to rank the parks. I will say that two of them have an unfair advantage because it was raining, but one of them I was so underwhelmed by. But I'm gonna save all that for once I get my thoughts out, and I am going to post like a blog about like they're called Utah's Mighty five, that's what they're called. So I'll post one about like the parks, the stuff we did that was outside of the parks that people don't necessarily always know about because it's not as advertised. And then just like some van life stuff, because I've had a lot of people kind of reaching out to me, so like life's lessons, we've learned already, things we need or didn't need that we brought, and kind of stuff like that. So I'm gonna work on having all that up in the next week. I tried, I told Fal and I tried to sit down when we got home yesterday and start like busting out some blogs and I just couldn't. Like I was mentally like tapped out at that point because we had drove so much in those last two days. But yeah, I'm happy to be back where I can shower normally, I'm sure, but I haven't such advantage time even without having a shower and a toilet, which I was very surprised by, well, I was.
Speaker 2: It made me a little emotional seeing because I like, I think we've talked about on the podcast before that I've known about this being like a desire of yours for a lot longer than you've been like then you've talked about it in a public forum, and to kind of like see like almost a mini version of you living it out, I was like a little emotional looking at some of the videos and pictures, and I told Jenny, I was like, I think that they were the it was the best content you've produced from any trip I've seen, Like, I thought they were better.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: I know it's the same phone, and I go, maybe it's the landscape. I don't know what it was, but it was like it looked more travel blogger to me than anything you've done in the past. And I just thought it looked really good, and it just made me happy for you to, like, well, you know, even if it's like you're not doing it full time, but like when you see your friends like do something they've thought about for a very long time, you just like feel really proud of them because it's that is a.
Speaker 3: Hard thing to do.
Speaker 2: It's so easy to dream, it's so easy to have all these like hopes and goals. It's so much different to actually do them. And so I don't know, it was really happy for you seeing that it made me so happy.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I'm not really lucky with the photo we took at Forrest Gump Point because I just asked one couple. I said, hey, I'll take your picture if you guys will take ours. Yeah, and this girl nailed it. Yeah, I just absolutely nailed it. To be fair, I did take theirs first, and I said, oh my gosh, portrait mode looks really good. So then she did that for us too, But like I feel like she did better than what I did in portrait mode for them. And Andrew's like, honestly, it's nice that someone took a better picture for once for you, because I always usually take really good pictures for other people and stuff, So shout out to her because she like help with it.
Speaker 2: That photo I just saw a funny real and it was It made me laugh really hard. It's a like a It was a couple standing in front of like a thing and they ask this guy, so it's the guy's real the and like, hey, we take a picture, and he like takes a picture, hands on the phone and he turns away and starts walking away, and he overhears the couple go, hey, would you mind taking our picture to a different person. They take it, and then the couple's like, oh my god, this is so perfect. And then the original guy like gets sad. He's like looking down, did a crappy job. And I was like, I think that like the number of times I've had someone else take a picture, Yeah, it makes it. It's mind boggling to me when you're at a lance, like there's something that you're in front of and people will zoom in and just crop your faces in.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's why, like, let's be honest, if you ask a stranger to take your picture, you always look for a younger person because you know that they know how to work angles and stuff. Because an older person gets way too close to your face, or you see him zooming and you're like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I want the I want the freaking waterfall behind me. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Why would I just want a picture of us here?
Speaker 2: We want to Like My favorite story ever is like when Paul and I went to Ireland. We're at the Blarney Castle. A guy with the biggest photography equipment of all time, Like he's our guy.
Speaker 3: We're like, hey, will you take our picture?
Speaker 2: He takes a photo zoomed in of us and doesn't get the Blarney Castle. We're standing directly in front of him, like are you kidding me? What is it?
Speaker 3: And we didn't notice until like and.
Speaker 2: There was no one else around to take our picture, and it was like before like iPhones had like a timer and.
Speaker 3: Things like that on him.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, to kill that guy. Yeah, so yeah, I would hire him for my wedding, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, no, I agree. I made the mistake of offering to take like one woman's picture and then these other two women and I was doing like all the angles, yeah, and then this other woman comes up, She's like, can you take ours? So her and her friend and literally like one of them gets up on this rock. I take a picture of her while the other friends just sitting there, and then they both get up and we do some and then the other woman gets off. I take pictures of just that woman and then like, okay, one more. We're We're like kind of looking off in the distance, and I'm like what, Andrew's like, you're not offering to take any more food. People like, we're not getting stuck for ten minutes because they can tell that you can take decent feels, and I was like, I was just trying to be nice, but it was a little much when I was like, your friend is standing next to me and I'm taking your.
Speaker 2: Usually you're you feel like you're inconveniencing someone, and you'll like, even if it looks terrible, you know, No, I'm sure they'll always say do you want to make sure it looks good? And I always go, no, I'm sure it's great because I don't want to inconvenience someone, so them having you do a photo shoots hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's how I am to every single time. I'm always like, Nope, it's totally fine. Whatever you got for us will be perfect. Yeah, we're fine with it.
Speaker 2: So I saw this quote, by the way, and it has nothing to do with like travel or anything, but I thought maybe someone needs and I saved it like last week. I don't know who posted it, but I was like, oh, this is like a good quote for someone who's questioning a relationship okay that they're in Okay. The best piece of dating advice I've ever received received is this, if they like you, you'll know. If they don't, you'll be confused, and that's all you need to know. And I liked that so much because how many times are we being confused. It's like, if they like you, they're gonna let you know. So I like that a lot. I screenshotted it so that I could too share that with the podcast in case anyone's in like a weird, tricky position right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you are, email us and we'll tell you what to do. I'm just kidding, just.
Speaker 3: With questionable advice.
Speaker 2: Possibly, Yeah, can I tell you that you were still traveling? But Saturday, Colt and I did the Cat's Eye event and Mall of America. If you've never heard of them, there are a girl group I hadn't heard of them either. Like a week and a half before my trip, rich our boss came in and was like, Hey, there's a show on Netflix is called Pop Star Academy. The group that formed from that. They're coming to Mall of America. We want you guys to host it. I said okay, and he was like, can you guys like watch the show a little bit?
Speaker 3: Well. I watched like half the first episode.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the full thing, and I quickly learned that it's the people. It was like the first time ever there a worldwide girl group. And they had Hibe, which is the company that put together like bts and puts together all the K pop groups out of Korea as part of it.
Speaker 3: With this record label.
Speaker 2: And I know a couple of people with the record label here, but like you know, I don't talk to the head people with this record labels. I was on so many emails with these people and to get everything approved, it was crazy. I've never experienced anything like it in my life, and so they the girls were lovely, very talented. I have never in the twelve years i've been here, seen the Mall of America like that. I don't know how to explain it it was. It was chaos. We went there and that you know, they have them hiding in the green room, and we had to go back with like twenty people in charge of this thing to Colton. I had to run over scripts over and over again with these girls and they were making live edits new cards, no, no, no, they'd come. I'd go to go walk on the stage, they'd grab cards out of my hand and add new ones in. I had in ears in, which is what artist where we're they're performing. I've never had those in my life. For them to count me down to the second to when I could talk or do anything, I've never experienced in I'm like part of me felt like what it feels like to be an actual pop star.
Speaker 3: I hated the inn ear. I could not It made me feel like.
Speaker 1: Because it was an echo of your no.
Speaker 3: There's no echo.
Speaker 2: It's almost like it silenced everything, which I get as a pop star. That's good so you don't lose your hearing, but it made me feel like I wasn't talking loud enough. And I look at Colt and like I felt like he wasn't talking loud enough and I couldn't hear what the girls were saying, so I like ripped it out of my ear. Thank god Colt kept his in. They were giving more instructions. I would never have known. But they were so worried no one would come. And I was like, guys, I was just upstairs. You're they're singing along to a like You're fine. But then they came out and by the end you can see that they desperately want this, right they I certainly want to be famous pop stars, and of course you have doubt and the fact they don't have a hit song yet. They were like all crying. They were all at the end like they in disbelief, couldn't believe. Like it was like I felt like I watched someone's dream come true. Yeah, And it was the coolest feeling because I was getting a little frustrated, honestly, with like the amount of emails and requests. Yeah, and I won't get into all that that were coming in. And then I was like, this is like what if they are huge? Like BTS I was a part of like their first huge moment. I was like, this is it was crazy? It was it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I watched some of your guys' videos from it. And then they did start popping up on my algorithm of TikTok, and they did so many things outside of First Avenue. Ye have their own like trending and stuff, and I was like, oh my gosh, I got to like start listening to these girls' songs.
Speaker 3: Well, they have something.
Speaker 2: They do and they're actually very catchy, Like I could see them actually a couple of them being like hits on the radio. Yeah, and they don't have like they only have like an EP out, so it's a handful of songs to start. But yeah, I was like, gosh, it was like so crazy. Yeah, and they each just their personal I don't know, it was like it was really cool to be a part of something like that. I feel like we've had like a lot of experiences like that working in radio and yeah, I don't know. I was like, I'm just gonna talk about that on the podcast. I thought, like, I've just never experienced anything that strict before. Maybe is the right word, But that's probably why they're really successful, like with the product nice and I'm gonna say product they put out.
Speaker 1: Are they still filming for the show that they were part of? Okay?
Speaker 2: No, because the show was basically the whittling down to make the group. So they started off with like twenty and then ended with six.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: And one of the girls wasn't there. She had like an injury or something. So it was like five of them and they came in the studio and we did an interview and a lot of like hoops to jump through for that. But but then but it wasn't like I get it, Like they want to protect these people, so I get it, And it was kind of like you have to send your questions in for approval, send all the audio over because we pre recorded it, Like they came in at like one o'clock, okay, and so we could send the audio over to them to prove before we put it on the radio. All kinds of stuff like that. But it it sounds like a lot, but at the end of the day, it really wasn't that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Like I get it.
Speaker 2: They want to make sure we don't like I was like, we're not shock jocks and know that's why we picked you.
Speaker 3: We're fine.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, good, this didn't want like I'm like, I'm not going to go on stage and go off script, like I'm not going to do anything to like mess this up for you. I promise I'm a professional. Like, okay, good, So I've decided I'm not eating sugar this week, Jenny at all, nothing unless it's natural like in fruit.
Speaker 1: What about in coffee?
Speaker 3: No? No syrups?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Why I just am addicted to sugar. We're fine, sugar. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not removing it for life. But I'm like, I got to pull back. I feel like it makes like I want to see if it makes a difference in my face because I have like a round face, okay, and I feel like sometimes it looks puffier than others, and I literally want to see if it makes a difference. I'm like, I just something, I got to change some stuff.
Speaker 1: Sugar is. Now. This isn't Andrew fact. And Andrew facts are never fully confirmed. But Andrew said that sugar is just as addicting as crazy like drugs like heroin and stuff.
Speaker 2: They say that's true because of mice. They've done like studies on like rats or mice or whatever, and that they say it is just as addicting, and.
Speaker 1: So it is. It's like a matter of you start eating something and you're like, I need a little more I need another hit, I need it whatever. And I experience that when I go on these trips because on this road trip, I bought myself.
Speaker 3: A diet doctor pepper yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the next gas station, I got some sprites and all of a sudden, I'm drinking soda and I.
Speaker 3: Never drink soda, yeah, ever.
Speaker 1: And then when I was drinking though soda, I just kept wanting more and more and I wasn't satisfied until I was done with it and started drinking water yeah, and was like felt hydrated at that point, you know. So I mean, I'm all for it. I just man, I eat sugar a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's I'm not saying I'm cutting it out perod. I'm trying try, like and I'm not even saying Saturday or Sunday because I don't like I mean, Halloween is kicking in this weekend, but I want to try, like Monday through Friday, to just cut it and see what happens. And my plan isn't to like, oh, if I like it, I'm going to cut it for good. But I think I would like to actively start trying to cut it a lot more than I have been. I get syrup in my coffee. Every morning, I get like caramel or vanilla, whatever one I'm on that day, and I feel like I just immediately start my day off with sugar, so then I crave it for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. That's my that's my goal for the week is to try that. What else do you eat?
Speaker 1: Would you say on a like normal weekday that would consist of having sugar besides your coffees?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure anything I've been Yeah, I've been off the rails. Jake is just as bad as I am. Sweet tooth. Yeah, any kind of dessert at night, and it's like, we don't keep it in our house, but so we'll does actively go get something. Yeah, we'll go get ice cream tonight, or my mom maybe made like my mom, I didn't eat these, but my mom made banana bread. So Jake has been eating that loaf all week. I didn't have any of that. Surprisingly, she made chocolate covered strawberry send them over. Didn't have any of those. But I know jk like a couple of them, and it's he can't stop either.
Speaker 3: He's as bad.
Speaker 2: As I am.
Speaker 1: Andrew's rule is always if it's in the house, we're gonna eat it, and we're gonna eat all at once, so then it's out of the house. Yeah, then three days later something new.
Speaker 3: This is how we do.
Speaker 2: This is us and like we gotta get it out of here, so then we like over Sometimes we will just be like we've got to stop and we'll throw it all away because we look at each other like we're sick. This is good, this is a problem. That's why I can't make a dozen cookies Jake and.
Speaker 3: I all of in.
Speaker 2: Dylan won't. They'll each eat one like normal people. Jake and I will eat the rest of the cookies, just the two of us, in one day.
Speaker 1: Why do you think I always bring anything I baked, yeah, to work, because otherwise, if I have access to it, your girl's going ham on it. Yeah, she can't just have a cookie or a bar. It's like, I'm gonna eat at least three of whatever they are until I'm like, all right, I think that was enough.
Speaker 2: And there are days you should do that. There are days you should live it up and like go. But I am dipping into the honeypot a little too often over here. I'm getting a little reckless with it. So I'm just gonna try to pull back a little bit. And I haven't worked out in like two weeks because I obviously was in Italy. I mean I walked a lot, but I know whorl workout. So yesterday I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go for a two mile walk. I'm gonna do Pulaudius today. So I'm like, let's get back on track. Yeah, start the week off strong.
Speaker 3: Yes, here we go. You got it, You got it.
Speaker 1: Quourt back next episode on how the Sugar Went.
Speaker 2: You'll see me tomorrow on my Instagram stories deep throating a Snickers or something like, well you didn't make it a full twenty four hours, congrats Fallen. So all right, well, thanks for hanging out with us. Sorry again, we took last week off, but thanks for hanging and uh, we'll be back again next tuesday.
Speaker 1: We sure. I'm trying to figure out what because you always end it with like, oh, we'll be back, thanks for listening, whatever, And I'm trying to think if there's something I should say because the podcast I listen to, this guy goes purse. I'm thinking that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. Please don't do it's too much peace.