Speaker 1: Don't be bad.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about the questionable future of the Xbox Handheld and people aren't loving one of the biggest releases of the year. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Finelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing? I feel great.
Speaker 3: It's it's Summer Games Fast Week and we're all running around like chickens with our heads cut off, trying to figure out all of the video game things.
Speaker 1: Now quite a few things.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, shout out to video game things. One's up in the chat for video game things. I love being this busy. I love this time of year. I live for it. I love the adrenaline of, you know, finding out new games and and going and hanging out in Los Angeles. I fly out Thursday night very excited for that. It's it's gonna be a good one. I just feel it in my bones. I know people have been like not really expecting much from some rest, so I don't know what to think. I just feel we're gonna we're gonna have a good time. It's gonna click.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm starting to get there now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it definitely feels like, you know, starting to make appointments and it's like, okay that some people are showing up, maybe things will be a little bit better than I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Are you as your flying out Thursday? Yes? Do you think this? You think do you have a switch to preorder?
Speaker 3: I am midnighting switch to the name you got all figured out. Oh yeah, I'm going to midnight it on Wednesday night into Thursday. I'll have it all set up. My flight's about five six o'clock at night, six o'clock in the afternoon. I'll I'll land in l A about ten ten p m. L A time. I will not go to bed because who does that? And uh yeah, well we'll make it happen. Figure it out.
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: I I've been like looking, I booked my flight right as soon as I separated from my previous company, and I was like, I'm just gonna go on my own whatever, and then everything else happened, and so like I booked my flight without really even looking at it might have been a little emotional, and I'm flying out Tuesday, like wait, yeah, yeah, I'm like, oh, I'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying on one of your other you're independent now, so I can mention this. Oh. By the way, by the way, this is the first time. This is the first time I have been here since your declaration of independence, your fourth of July moment at Pax East. Hollay. Fucking shit, it is awesome. Thank you, right bigure out of applause for the Giant Bomb fellas. I am proud to be support this thing as far as it will go. And everybody watching this go to giant bomb dot com slash join right now and join this goddamn website because these are good dudes trying to do good things and it's just great. It's great. So thank you, Bob.
Speaker 1: We're excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh but anyway, I completely lost my train of thought in that exuberance.
Speaker 1: So what was you were gonna say something?
Speaker 2: I can You're independent now, so I could say this if that doesn't write well.
Speaker 3: On one of your other on one of your other podcasts, I think it was then ten Dogs, you had mentioned that you might be in flux a little bit. So if you need a place to throw you shit start Thursday night. You say the word I got you Thursday night. We'll have our place, but I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I actually got the where I'm staying figured out, got some family situation going on, so it's gonna be good. It's gonna be all good. Looking forward to it. Actually, it'll be nice to you know. I'll get some work done as well. We'll maybe try to meet up with some people who are in the area, maybe meet up with some devs that are in la oh shit ye, so yeah, get some stuff done. All right, let's explain ourselves. This is Giant Bomb. You can go to giant bomb dot com slash join and support what we do here, including this show, support us going out to stuff stuff like Summer Game Fest and putting on night shows like gb at Night Live.
Speaker 1: Really looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be happening Friday and Saturday night of SGF weekend. That's June sixth and June seventh, And we could really only do that because of your support, So that has been awesome to be able to enable that right away. As soon as we went independent, you will unlock that capability through your support, So thank you to everyone. Who's gone to giant bomb dot com slash join. We appreciate it, gets you add free podcast, gets you some other goodies.
Speaker 1: I've got some fun ideas.
Speaker 2: I'm working on it to like just surprise people with on the staff, like hey, come come into this room and then we're gonna record a video and then I'm gonna put that out as a premium thing, I think at least live first. So yeah, it's gonna be a good time. Go to giant bomb dot com slash join and help us out.
Speaker 3: Are we talking like a are we talking like gifts or something? Or are you gonna tell Are you gonna tell Dan to committing room and slap them in the nuts?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But pretty much. Yeah, it's the equivalent of that. It's like I'm just gonna get the Parsec PC and I'm just gonna be like, all right, now you have to play this and it's gonna be you know, maybe not a Blake club game, but it could be atrocious in other ways. So as far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for.
Speaker 1: All these topics.
Speaker 2: I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. You are watching live on twitch Welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS on gimebomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with. Microsoft reportedly pauses development on Xbox handheld. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot. Last year, a story broke that Microsoft was working on prototypes for an Xbox handheld console that could potentially compete with Valve's Steam Deck. However, a new report suggests that Microsoft is putting aside its ambitions for a dedicated dedicated Xbox handheld, at least for now. According to Windows Central, Microsoft is shifting its priority away from its Xbox handheld to focus on improving the gaming performance of Windows eleven on third party handheld devices, including Asus's Project Kennon I think It's Kenon. The report notes that Microsoft still has ambitions of releasing its own handheld, and it's developing additional technologies towards that goal for the immediate future, that's not the priority. Excuse me, Jason, We've heard these rumors for a long time. I think that as I hear this to me, it actually makes a lot of sense because Microsoft is the Windows company, and in the last couple of weeks I've been paying attention to this. This is probably not something that's like getting out there to most people. It's just I'm a steam Deck freak. Steam Os has been updated so that you could kind of put it on other devices, and the first third party handheld, the Lenovo Legion go s, launched with steam Os instead of Windows and by all, and this is the same device that did launch with Windows, you know, a couple of years back. It's got all the same components for the most part, it just has steam Os now, and the side by side comparisons are really rough.
Speaker 1: For Windows. It looks pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Like obviously, there's the stuff I complained about, which is I think Windows on a touchscreen controller device is miserable. Trying to update the correct drivers in three different apps when it's time to update things because it's not all centralized because it's Windows, is a pain. And then you know, when you want to type in a password field and you click on it and it just doesn't work right because Windows, it's like, wait, where's the keyboard? What's going on here? That's happened to be plenty of times that stuff's annoying.
Speaker 1: They need to fix that. They're working on that.
Speaker 2: The bigger problem might be, like the performance of these games are it's just better on Steam Os, which is wild considering that it's like there's a proton layer translating a.
Speaker 1: Lot of games. Battery life way better.
Speaker 2: And so you know what Microsoft needs to do is figure out Windows first, because if that's going to be their strategy of let's make everything a Windows PC, including our Xbox, the Xbox Handheld, that operating system needs to be more scalable for devices like this, and it's pretty far away from that right now. So this makes sense because this is a big problem they need to solve because if this space takes off like as much as it has been, if it continues to growing the way it has been, a few million consoles per year or a few million of these handel PCs per year, and then it like against the grow, Microsoft could miss out on a big new opportunity and it doesn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: So does this all sound right to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, they could miss out on miss miss out on a huge opportunity again, seems to be their mo Hello, Windows Phone, Hello Zoom. It makes perfect sense to me that they would need to get Windows, some sort of Windows proprietary Windows systems, specifically for these handheld PCs, because translating Windows eleven to the original Lenovo Legion Go which I have, is a mess. The keyboard is a mess. It doesn't come up when you need it to. The touchscreen works when it wants to work, doesn't work when it doesn't. It forgets that you have the handheld on sometimes and then you have to attach it again, and then Windows doesn't read it doesn't recognize it as a controller. It's they cannot. They cannot if they want everything to be an Xbox, they cannot fall behind again. Yeah, they have to figure this out. If Kennon had come out or Keenan, keen it in kel whatever it's called, if it had come out and was you know, inferior to the Legion Goes, the rog Allies and the Steam Deck particular, it will be left from the dust. It would be the Windows Phone in the Zoom all over again. And I don't think with this particular technology they can afford that because they're supposed to be the PC gaming company for reputation's sake, they can't afford it, let alone the actual technology. So yes, this tracks. This makes sense. It is beneficial to them that we have not actually seen this thing yet, and it's been all rumors. They didn't. They didn't pull on multiverses and put it out and then take it away again. That works for in their favor, so we don't have anything to we won't have anything to compare it to when it actually does launch, right, Yeah, I mean it. It seems like a sound strategy for them, whether or not it pays off, if the delay in when they wanted it to come out versus when it actually does come out is beneficial. Once they figure this stuff out, who knows, they could have already missed the boat and just don't know it yet. But you know, for their sake, I hope they figure it out, because this a first party even though they're partnering with Asis, a first party Windows PC gaming handheld makes sense. It makes sense in the space, and the fact that it doesn't exist yet is a little weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do seem motivated so I think they recognize that this is an opportunity that they did that they don't want to miss out on, and so I think they're taking it seriously, which gives me the hope that when this project kenen ASU's Handheld comes out, which is you know, mostly still going to be a third party hardware with a lot of micros off love on it, I think there's a chance that they do solve most of these issues.
Speaker 1: The battery.
Speaker 2: The actual performance, maybe that's more questionable because Windows has been this kind of thing where they've tried to make it more scalable in the past, and sometimes that looks like a Windows for arm you know, the mobile chips or whatever they've tried that that that's not what this is, or at least wouldn't be yet. And then sometimes it looks like Windows you know eight, which had all the you know, the idea of.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, this can also run on your tablets.
Speaker 2: For as much as they've made that like okay, here is a good UI or an acceptable UI for a touchscreen interface, that even when they were trying that, they didn't necessarily figure out all the the you know, lower performance or you could put this into a laptop that doesn't need a fan or whatever.
Speaker 1: No way, that's that's not how it was working.
Speaker 2: So I'm still pretty skeptical that they're going to figure that out until we see it. But I think the very least this story mixes sound like they know that is something they must be concerned with, and hopefully they have people working on it.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I want I think I want a handheld space that, especially on the PC side, that does have both steam Os and Windows kind of competing with one another. I think that would be good for the improvement of features. I think Steam I think the reason Valve has been moving so fast, other than it's had success is it does see a chance to kind of dominate, and I think kind of Windows keeping it honest there would really help. YEP all right up next, morale at Star Wars, Jedi and Titanful developer Respawn is at an all time low. This is from Alex Hopley, a game reactor. EA has made headlines a few times this year with job cutting. Most recently, it canceled its Black Panther game and shut down the developer making it making it over at Cliffhanger Studios. Also earlier in the year, around one hundred people were let go from Apex, Legends, Titanfull and Star Wars Jedi developers to Respawn. According to senior encounter designer at Respawn, Patrick Wrenn, this has understandably led to an adverse effect on people still at the company. Morale has been at an all time low, he said in a post on Blue Sky. I can say that much as the twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four trend of jobs being lost in the industry continues in twenty twenty five, it's difficult to imagine that morale is very good at any major publisher right now, or that it will even approve at EA. This yeah, I mean boy, everyone at EA has got to be feeling like pretty shell shocked right now, after massive cut after massive cut, and a big game like Black Panther getting canned, several games you know, over the years getting canceled at Respawn, but then a bunch of layoffs happening at Respawn recently, and that.
Speaker 1: Was on top of Mammoth layoffs last year.
Speaker 2: It's just been kind of cut after cut to the point where it's like, Okay, well, what does the future look like? And then when EA says what the future looks like. It's like it is focusing on a handful of games that have already had proven success and then skate and so it's it's what they said, Evince.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how that goes for them.
Speaker 2: But if you are working at EA and you're looking around and be like, Okay, well we're still working on Star Wars Jedi three dare you gonna mention that? And it's like, well, in this latest round of laoffs, when they talked about the games that they're focused on for the future, they didn't mention that. The only thing they mentioned was Apex Legends, a game that feels like it has been rung dry. So if you're working at Respawning, like, you know, we've done everything we can think of. And many of the people who made respawn respawn early on have left because their stocks have vested and they are starting their own studios.
Speaker 1: So I think that this is a.
Speaker 2: Situation where it's got to feel gloom gloomy, and the chances of you feel like you're you're able to turn it around in such a big and such a big company, it has to feel impossible at a certain point, right.
Speaker 3: It can't be good walking in your office every day and feeling this sort of damicle is hanging over your head, not knowing when that's actually going to drop, and you're not going to have a job anymore. I feel for these people, I really do. I cannot imagine, especially in a business or in an industry we're supposed to be making things that are fun and people enjoy, right to have to go in every day with that, with that lack of assurance, with that fear that the next email you get could be the one that sends you packing, is harrowing. It's not something I envy, It's something I very much empathize with. Like I was laid off in twenty fourteen from a unrelated to the gaming industry, that the job that I had at the time, and if I still remember waking up and being directionless, for christ, it was months before I finally got back into a steady job. So to know that that might be in your immediate future, and then not knowing what that immediate future looks like. Is it three months, is it one month, is it tomorrow? It's it's rough, and it's it's even weirder to say this about Respawn, who you mentioned those franchises that they want to focus on Respawns, like half of them they are APEX and they are Star Wars, just Star Wars. It's so so to have them morale being an all time low there, what's it like at I was going to say, uh, Code Masters, but that I think we're talking about that next or whatever. The racing studio is like I I, oh, yeah, so I just it sucks. I mean, there's no other way to put it. I try. I'm trying to, you know, find a way to get a smile out of people with the chat at How how do you do that in a story like this. It's it's it's it's harrowing, it's it's it's not it's not a situation they deserve for the quot allity of stuff they've been putting out and like you, like you said, it's got to feel helpless.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, I think you know at Respawn, which is you know where this where Patrick Wrinn works and is saying the morales especially bad. It's it's got to be a certain point. They have tried so many new ideas and had so many projects that were really promising, things that you know I heard about like titan Fall Legends that looked that sounded really awesome.
Speaker 1: It was going.
Speaker 2: To take inspiration from Hades and but still be titan Fall. And they're like, hey, the one problem we had with titan Fall two is we would watch people play and some would still play it like Call of Duty and they wouldn't even like do the wall run or the double jump and stuff like that. We want to really kind of encourage them to do that. And they had all these great ideas to do that, and it's then changed its mind. At first, it's like, this is a good way to get people back into Apex Legends. We're going to kind of bring it into that umbrella. And they're like, well, now Apex Legends is actually dead and we're going to let it have a graceful sort of dropping off period. We're not going to reinvest in it too much. And then they changed their mind again. It's like, well, you're not going to do anything else because we're going to go back and reinvest in Apex Legends. And they've gotta be like, what the hell we were making stuff that was that would have made sense if this is what you wanted, if you want us to keep growing, And so the whiplash, the back and forth has got to be very frustrating. And then and then, as you said, as you listed all of the uncertainties.
Speaker 1: Really have to just kill morale.
Speaker 2: So I'm hopeful that that, you know, the people that are still respond can do good work. I don't have much faith in EA overall in this moment.
Speaker 3: Which sucks because they handle some of the biggest properties in the world. Like and if you're the NFL right now, you have to have at least I mean you're and you're one of the most sure things every single year in the industry. You have to have like just one eye on what the hell is going on outside of EA sports. It's got to be scary. So yeah, and people like to I've heard people say why is the industry so secretive? Why why do they only why is it so controlled? I think it's because I think at least there's an element to it that if we heard about the games that were in development and all the awesome ideas that were in them and then they get canceled, people would lose their minds. I imagine this probably happens more often than we are privy too. But like when you say you're making a Black Panther game and then just say, oh no, never mind, sorry we lied, And now like does iron Man come out? Like do you get iron Man now? Or is that?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Like it's and there's apparently like there was like a third Marvel game that I remember hearing.
Speaker 1: About, but I never found much else out about it, and it's like.
Speaker 3: It's probably like Feing Fang Foom and the Savage Lands or something that we've never heard of, but like it's so, you know, it's it's I I'm thinking about them. I'm I'm hoping that they find a way to turn it around despite the myriad forces working against them.
Speaker 2: Definitely sticking with EA. EA is planning to close its main racing studio as part of future layoffs. According to some reports, this is from Alex Co at Dual Shockers. Following yesterday's cancelation of the Black Panther game by Electronic Arts and closing the studio working on it, Cliffhanger Games, it seems more layoffs might be planned for the video game company this time. The latest rumor suggests that one of EA's newest studio acquisitions is not only facing layoffs, but also reportedly closing its doors completely. The latest rumor comes from extasists, who has been corrected multiple times when it comes to insider info. He had that Xbox story a few weeks back about all of Xbox's plans or whatever, and I kind of double checked in many of those things. He had a lot of that right, So I'm like ready to give exstacists some credit, although who knows what's actually going to happen here. The cancelation of Black Panther will not be the only thing. I've been able to learn that there are about four hundred more layoffs coming to EA, a total closure of the main headquarters of code Masters, and that these developers will be integrated into E a SP which does F one, and a new need for speed that is already in development. This is the thing that people hate about EA, maybe the most buy in the studio and closing it years later. Like Bear, Honestly, it feels like they just acquired code Masters, They maybe did a couple of the code Masters annual racing games, and now here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, there's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: That work there, so I don't hope that it collapses, But honestly, EA, do we even need you like, why do like, I'm pretty sick of this.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: Okay, wh who knows what Code Master's future would have been like had they not been acquired. There's always that that that you should consider. But still this looks terrible, right, it looks awful. And it's it's e A doing e A things again.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's what people you know, when they bought BioWare they thought by the joke was, oh, sorry, BioWare, you're out. It's it's it's it's over for you because e A owns you now, and who knows, maybe they're on the clock too, which is unfortunate. They talk about all those four properties, mass effects not in there either, and we know you're making that. So but back to Code Masters, this is wild to me. They were they were making a successful racing franchise. They get swallowed up by EA, and now they're rumored to be getting Lets of Pasture. It's it's it makes covering the industry tougher. That should be. I think I would love to spend my time, you know, talking about new game releases and and you know, all the fun stupid stuff that people are doing in Elden Ring Night rain right now or whatever. And and you know that's a minor grape. My my complaint of oh no, it makes me sad to write these articles does not compare to the of course, I'm to make that very very clear. But what the fuck happened? Man? Like, what what happened that we are now getting into this situation. It's at this point, I'm just expecting EA and Ubisoft to merge, make Uba and they'll make one game a year and they'll just be this big Ivory Tower game studio in Montreal or whatever, and they'll just be there own the It's it just none of this makes any sense to me. And maybe it's just because I don't have a business background the business know well of why this made financial sense to just buy a studio and then close it. I it's it's fucking terrible.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know you're right. Uh it's so.
Speaker 2: And you know, sad thing about Code Masters would be if it did close, And we don't know ben round since nineteen eighty six or been thousand since nineteen eighty six. Uh So there's a huge legacy there and it's not like it's, you know, a couple of games and then a bunch of years off. It's like they were consistently putting out several games a year for decades. And you know, there's a chance that this is miscommunication that some jobs are getting you know, cut as part of other layoffs or whatever. But it's clear that they are diminishing the role of Code Masters because they've already given up the World Rally cross ip like that is that went back up and someone else already grabbed that and Naton I believe, yes, that's right. Code Masters was, you know, putting out an annual WRC game every year, and the last one they did was in twenty twenty three, and then they didn't do one in twenty twenty four, and it's okay, well, now here's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Is that when it's going to pop back up? It's like, no, EA's done with that.
Speaker 2: So they are already taking away some of the projects that that studio was working on.
Speaker 1: It's not like they are.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like they were going back to dirt instead, it does sound like they're taking the people from Code Masters and putting many of them on Need for Speed, as the story claims, and it's like, okay, I get the Need for speed is the one of your racing games that always does just sell. There's a massive audience for it, even though I think that's kind of weird personally, but there is a massive audience for it. But man, what was the point of acquiring code masters just to make more need for speed games? I thought the idea was they ton't diversify, and now that's not what they're thinking. All right, let's see here, let's take a quick break. We'll come back plenty of more headlines. If you want to miss out on these breaks, you can always go to giant bomb dot com slash join and you can get the ad free podcasts.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Go do that in the meantime everyone else. Here are the ads. This episode of giant Bomb is brought to you by GiantBomb dot com slash Join. Join us there, become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members. It's giant bomb dot com slash Join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars. You could support us and making all the cool stuff that we make over here at Giant Bomb once again. That's giant bomb dot com. Slash Join, become a member now, welcome back to mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb from Giant Bomb. That's Jason Finelli. Let's get back into the news. Elden Ring Night Rain explodes on Steam, but is already getting cooked in the reviews. Here's one of the reviews in the headline, Very bold of Miyazaki to think I have two friends to play with. This is from Ethan Gotch at Kotaku. Elden Ring Night Rain had a huge first night on PC. It's already from software's second biggest launch ever on Steam. The multiplayer spin off of the twenty twenty two hit Open World RPG is already getting hammered by use reviews, as fans complain about the lack of onboarding, poor communication tools, and the need to play with friends to have any real shot at surviving the challenging boss fights. Officially out today on PlayStation five and Xbox Series X and S, elder Ring night Rain went live on PC last night around six pm, and it's already sprang up the Steam charts with to reach over three hundred thousand concurrent players that made it the fourth biggest game on Valves storefront and the second biggest launch from from Software, behind only elden Ring itself, its namesake and its forty dollars price point. Clearly did the experimental multiplayer spin off some favors, but it didn't take long for players to realize that Night Ring is very much not elden Ring, Unlike its slow plotting predecessor, spinoff is a battle Reale influenced loot race in which a session see an entire a Soul's Word experience condensed into just forty five minutes. It takes them getting used to, and players are already coming to grips with Night Rain's notable hostility to explaining itself, even for a from Software game. And while it does allow for online solo play or offline solo players, should say, it's steep difficulty curve more of a right angle, really heavily rewards group play and coordination. And then there's a bunch of user reviews here, but they are many people are just kind of getting at this idea of there is a game here that probably is good and maybe in some ways great. It is difficult to find that as a player just entering this game for the first time, especially because you need to be with two other people who have already gone through that process and discovered what made it good as well, and that is not happening yet. And I believe that there are going to be people who eventually end up falling in love in love with this game, Jason, but I think in this moment, the idea of asking a lot of people like, okay, by this game, get two other people that you're going to play with to buy it, because you're going to need that because while there is match making, there are no communication tools.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: There's no in game chat oh where you could type out your messages, and there's no voice chat inside the game, so it's like people are match making and everyone's kind of running in a different direction. Maybe that sorts itself out over time as people do learn how to play the game. But I think even regardless, if you're gonna have random matchmaking without voice chat, you're kind of setting yourself up for a lot of headaches with how all your players interact with this game.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: I don't know that I'm surprised, right I hear experimental multiplayer from a studio that is more known for its single player stuff. I mean, there's multiplayer aspects to all the Soul's games short, but but this is like a as it said in the in the in the article here, a Battle Royale inspired loot race with three players that does not fit the elder Ring formula. They people trusted from Soft to make it fit, but it sounds like it they may have stumbled a little bit in that regard the fact that they went with the two thousand and seven two thousand and eight sweet and that's even being generous of online multiplayer offerings. No voice chat is very weird, that's very The fact that the fact that Call of Duty Modern Warfare two has something that this brand new twenty twenty five game does not have is not sitting right with me. Yeah, and someone did put in chat. I missed who it was, and forgive me. They may be patching the solo experience to make it slightly more bearable.
Speaker 1: I think I would love that personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if there are enough, if they have enough data that suggests that a lot of people are trying the solo and they want to patch it down so that those Solo folks can give a shot the elden Winge. Players who don't have two friends to play with are still able to enjoy the game. Great, that's how it should work. And then if you have a patch in the middle where if it's a two player game, maybe the difficulty goes up a little bit, but not too much. That's fine too. I'm not surprised that that people who UH were looking for a certain type of experience with an because of the name elden Ring aren't getting it. I wonder if they, maybe I would have had more success without the name on it, like if it was just inspired by elden Ring or or or Tales of Elder or something to differentiate it and not make it sound like a direct sequel or an expansion or something like that. You know I'm saying, But I don't know that. It doesn't shock me. I haven't tried yet, I haven't a chance to UH, and from Soft isn't usually my bag anyway. But I don't think that I'm surprised that's something that's so far off from the core experience of the namesake is turning people off. Maybe with the patch it'll get fixed, Maybe with easier ways to connect with random matchmaking, especially in the voice no voice chat. That's really throwing me that there's no voice chat. That seems like that's like Nintendo decision right there.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you like, if you're on console, like you can just you know, see the person's screen name, makeup party and connect with the hit away Steam. It's a little that's like, you know, even if that might be possible, it's it's a little bit against the way people play PC games. It's like you're not supposed to like reach out and start calling the person you're playing with randomly. So maybe there's a little faux pau situation there. But you know, also I think people are like, well, I just if I'm supposed to communicate, just put it in the game, Like that's how it works in every other game on Steam. So I wouldn't be here in this game from one of the biggest developers in the world, and so well, because they're weird.
Speaker 1: They're weird. They're just weird. There's no cross play.
Speaker 2: This is a game that definitely feels like you should have progression that happens where where your characters tied to a server.
Speaker 1: Or something, so you when you're going on these online sessions. It goes.
Speaker 2: But it's like, apparently xbox eron chat was saying, that's only tied. That only happens for the main person who's playing, and everyone else who's joining their game doesn't have the metal World progression.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't like so if I join your game, only you get the.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe you get like some certain progressions for your character. I've only played a little bit, but apparently you don't get the metal World progression, is what they say, And I don't know exactly what that means.
Speaker 3: Yes either.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not surprised to hear that, because again, Weird from Software is weird with this stuff. They make decisions, they make big choices, and a lot of times that's like, wait, everyone else does it this way, and a lot of times it makes it doesn't make sense, but it makes for fun or creates opportunities for their very fun messaging system where people are just leaving all kinds of notes for each other. And it's like, no, that this is actually a great thing. You put me Verse in all your games. I know it predates me Verse even but you put me Verse in all your games and now we can just enjoy these messages here. It just feels like it's antithetical to the way you're to the game that you've built and that you want, and antithetical to the way you want people to be playing your game, So that could be a little annoying. Platonic confirms layoffs. The landscape is shifting, and with it, so must we. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. Yuka Leiley, developer and publisher Platonic Games has confirmed that a number of its staff has been laid off. Numerous Platonic staffs have been posting on social media over the past week that they had lost their jobs, making it increasingly likely that these weren't individual cases and that Platonic had conducted a round of layoffs. The company has now officially confirmed this in a statement on Twitter and Blue Sky, though it hasn't clarified how many staff are affected. This is one of those messages we never wanted to have to write. The statement reads. We've all seen in recent years how the games industry has been changing, resulting in studio after studio finding themselves in situations where to continue to exist, they must make painful decisions decisions that impact the lives of so many individual developers. Like others, we've felt the knock gone effects, and after exploring every possible avenue, we've had to make the incredibly heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to some truly brilliant members of the Platonic team, Jason. They kind of go on to say that this is something that a lot of developers and publishers are dealing with.
Speaker 1: They hate this.
Speaker 2: They're trying to shift with the times because they feel like the way games are being financed, the way that they're being built, has completely changed up on them, and so they're going to have to start from scratch in some ways, and that means greatly pairing back. This size of studio is one that I really wish could find stable footing.
Speaker 1: I hope that does happen.
Speaker 2: What do you think the chances of that are of that of that happening are for in the next couple of years.
Speaker 3: Or Platonic specifically Platonic.
Speaker 2: Or a studio of this size, like it feels like the like all the studios of the size are standing on Quicksand.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would agree with that, just because if you don't come out with a major hit, and then a follow up to that major hit that's another major hit. Like a lot of these these size studios feel like one and done. Platonic is A is A is a bit of a exception to that role, even though all three of their games are in the same universe, right, Ukulele The Impossible Layer I think was the second one, and now Replay, which who stop it?
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 3: That's a hard one to say, so yeah, I mean they have been able to keep going based on this little franchise they've built for themselves and the indie clout that it gained for bringing back the three D platforming genre. And that's part of it too, right, A lot of these indie studios like to focus their efforts on a genre or on a style of game that hasn't been around in a while. The three D platformer in Ukulele, the banjo kazui style three D platformer in Ukulele's case is the example. But then, Okay, you've gotten your nostalgia hit. Now what you're gonna You're gonna go back to that? Well? Does that work? How are you going to iterate on what you've already iterated on without then falling into the same trap that the genre fell into in the first place, and that's why people don't make them anymore. So you need to have you need to have a studio who or or maybe like maybe in a group of studios under one umbrella, who can kind of branch out and do different things even within the same genre. I think of dot EMU. Yeah when I when I come up with this, because they have they have a bunch of beat them ups, but everyone, every one of them feels different enough, and they're all developed by different studios.
Speaker 2: And yes, exactly, they're like a smaller studio that partners with a lot of other.
Speaker 3: Studios, right, and then they partner with IP and license the IP from I don't know the Sega still owns Treets of Rage at the time, I'm not sure about that, But then Marvel Cosmic Invasion and Turtles Freder's Revenge, which was excellent, so they come to mind. It's sort of how the strategy seems to work now. Two D beat them ups maybe easier to develop sort of than a three D platform, or granted it's all hand drawn pixels, that's probably takes a little more effort, or maybe just as much effort than modeling three D, but I don't know that the I don't know where the development costs would be in those type of projects. I want to say, I hope that Platonic comes out of this without, you know, put a sign on the door it says no longer business. But I think in order to do that they need to have another hit that isn't ukulele. They need more IP, license an IP and adapt the three D genre to it. Revive gex that seems to be a thing that people are trying to do now, bring gets back. I don't know, it's whatever, you know what playton Maybe I'm sorry, Jeff, you break the glass and you press the button. The white with the big inflamation paint on it.
Speaker 1: Now it tastes.
Speaker 3: Of emergency break for pubs, break back pubs.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think a Playtonic bubbsy game. I would like to see that. That would be pretty cool. I think it's it's a matter of scale, right, dott Emu. And then like all this slew of indie developers where it's like, hey, you've been making Silk Song for years.
Speaker 1: I was like trying to remember the name. What was gonna call It's do in.
Speaker 2: Heaven you've been h making Silk Song for years, and it's like, yeah, they can afford to do that because they're it's a smaller studio that can thrive on the profits of the game, the first game selling in Steam sales for years, right that they could just like like kind of predict that a little bit, like we can just rely on that to sort of fund everything. I'm sure there's other funding because they probably are trying bigger things, especially a successful studio like that, But in a lot of cases, these smaller studios are just kind of surviving on the profits of their first game. Platonic was too big to do that, right They also had a publishing arm and things they were trying to grow and grow and grow, And I just don't know if the current gaming industry can sustain a studio trying to do that right now. Maybe one, maybe two. There's a couple here and there that can pull that off, you know, if you're a little bit bigger, if you're io interactive, like they're like, hey, let's try that. We're going to publish some stuff. Although you know that could be treacherous as well for them. We'll find out, But Platonic is of that scale where it's like, actually, maybe it is better to pair back down and try to be more like a dot emu, where it's like, hey, we could do this thing very well. Let's partner up with some other studios, or just have to make smaller games.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Death Stranding two is getting a live game premiere presentation during Summer Game Fest. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. A live game premiere event for Death Stranding two has been confirmed for Summer Game Fest. The presentation will take place at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles, will be hosted by Jeff Keeley, and we'll be streamed online. Adeo Kojima will be in attendance at the event, which is designed to celebrate the game's upcoming launch with a panel discussion with special guests, an exclusive live demonstration of the game in action. A limited number of tickets for the event are available with those listed interests. We have with those interested able to register now for a chance to attend. Yeah, hey, they're really kicking this off.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 2: This is part of his like, I think his world tour where he's going to take the game to Oh yeah, right here. It's a Sydney, Tokyo, Paris, London, Soul, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Riad and South Paolo before ending in Luca in Italy in November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're kicking it off here.
Speaker 2: Do you think that this is the kind of marketing campaign that can get des straining to a lot of eyeballs.
Speaker 1: I think this is like Summer game Fest. Makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we were getting it at Summer game Fest no matter what because of the bromance right with of course, whether whether we wanted to Kojima there or not, He's going to be there to support his boy Jeff. You know it. No, this makes perfect sense. I think it's a good setting. I think with Keeley as the host, they obviously have a lot of chemistry. They can they can put on a good a good like back and forth fireside chat sort of thing. That's the vibe I'm getting from this Special guests probably mean some of the other people, the other celebrities who are in the Kiss, they're in LA, they're probably in their backyard. Just bring them in. Yeah, I think this is a neat idea. I think they're were smart to not compete with Giant bomb at night and to go on on Sunday. That was very smart of them not to do that. So yeah, it's cool. It's a good idea. This is how you get some some extra gameplay out there. Makes me wonder if it'll show up at SGF Live as well, But when I really think about it, yeah, of course it will. It'll be all over this weekend. So yeah, this is cool. This is this is a cool little idea. As much as we talk about speaking of weird, as much as we talk about how much of an altar and an artist and you know, weird, Kojuma is nobody talks about his games better than him, So to give him the opportunity to do that in this sort of setting makes perfect sense. Now, is this the PlayStation showcase that you were that we were talking about, because it is live streaming on the PlayStation channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna ask that. It's like, so this does kind of say that we shouldn't expect a a state of play that would have featured death stranding right around this time. Maybe that is something that's happening later in June. Uh, this makes sense that this would be separate from what I was hearing about just and that's all I could say. Really, but yes, but this is going to be on the PlayStation YouTube channel, so yeah, they're definitely promoting this as a PlayStation thing.
Speaker 3: Which of course they are. At first, I was like, how'd they get the orphium? The orphum is really Larry usually full around this time. And then I think it's Ubisoft that takes the orphium. Let's see they have What are they doing? Do we know what they're doing?
Speaker 1: Like? Are they I don't think I've heard anything from ub Soft. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They have a game that's so weird. It's so weird.
Speaker 1: Be I'm good and evil to be there the big game this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. There it is.
Speaker 2: Multi Versus officially closes down and is delisted today. This is some Chris scullying at VGC. The online service for Multiverses officially closed down today. This is, of course, the Warner Brothers Games crossover Smash Brothers rival. The publisher announced back in January that the game's fifth season would be to be its last, running from February fifth to May thirtieth, and then it went offline today.
Speaker 1: You were following multiverses there for a while.
Speaker 2: It kind of a rough end for a game that never really found its footing, and I think because Warner Brothers was directing it in the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: But that's my take.
Speaker 3: What do you think, farewell, sweet Prince, we hardly knew ye. Well, we did know yee and then you went away, and then we had.
Speaker 1: Knew you again. Yeah we re knew yee before.
Speaker 3: Damn it U? Yeah? What? Like? What the fun? Man? This? This should have been a slam dunk. There was a void created by a lack of a new Smash Brothers Ultimate had gotten all of its characters out. This should have been a slam dunk with all of the ip even in the game. You had Game of Thrones, you had Scooby Doo, you had DC Superheroes, you had Rick and Morty, all of those premier names in one game in a silly slapstick platform fighter. It should have been a slam dunk. And the fact that it's not continuing, but not for any fault of player. First, because of all of the bullshit shenanigans surrounding it is it makes my skin crawl right this it should have been a no brainer. And the game was fun. It was fun before it went away, and it was fun. After it came back. I enjoyed playing this game, and I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that they fumbled this bag so much. It is astounding to me that this game is not continuing that I've been trying to think of the exact moment where it all fell apart. I don't know that I disagree at the time with them taking it out of beta, but if you're gonna do that, you better relaunch with guns fucking blazing. And they didn't like a big.
Speaker 1: Change, like a big shift has happened.
Speaker 3: They didn't do that. It felt like the exact same game with extra characters. It was one point oh, but without the smooth transition from beta to one point oh. And if you go back and watch the live streams of when they're coming back and they're talking about why they were doing this and how like the strategy, you can just see in their faces that they have no control over this and this is not what they want to do, but they're being told they have by people who don't know what the goddamn fuck they're doing.
Speaker 2: So and the people who like have this idea of like this game can be so much more than it ever really could have been. It could have just been a successful video game. We're saying on Decides last night. They could have just made it a product. It could have just put a price on this game and sold it like the Nickelodeon games, and it would have done way better than Nickeladien games because it was a better game. And they just didn't want to do that because they had stars in their eyes or dollars signs in their eyes for a live service game that would just be the equivalent of Smash Brothers, but free to play, and every time a new character got announced, people would freak out the like the way they do for Smash Brothers characters, and it's like, no, you gotta you're gonna have to earn that. Don't don't start with that as the goal. That's like a that's like step five. You got so much stuff to figure out if you ever get there, which you probably.
Speaker 1: Won't, So just sell us a video game. Just do that.
Speaker 2: And then the business model was the exact opposite and was kind of toxic for the game and just turned a lot of people off.
Speaker 3: I think not only that, if you're going to introduce a brand new character and try to do it in the same way that Super Smash Brothers does. You're not going to do that because no one makes trailers like as a Hero Sakarai.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 3: I go back to the Switch direct that we watch together and all of us going, this is a Sacarai trailer. You could just see it's a Sacarai trailer. When Kirbeer Rider showed up, he just has a style to him and a flair for the dramatic to him that they never replicated with their trailers. Like go back and watch in particular, I think it's Rick Sanchez specifically. The Rick Sanchez reveal trailer is just thirty seconds of gameplay where it's two characters fighting and the portal shows up and he walks through it and he looks like it's an alpha model or even like a pre alpha model that they didn't want to use. You can just tell that they were told to make a trailer and they were just like shit, all right, I guess we have to do this now. Everything about this game was mismanaged. I feel so terrible for this studio and if they could all get the gang back together and make a player form Fighter, either with different ip or even original and just say hey, we made multiverses, now we're trying something different. I would be there day one because the game was fun.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's frustrating as a lot of these new stories today have been. I hope that the people who were at player first can kind of get out of the situation and try something new and like come back and be like, look, see see what we could do untethered from a big dumb publisher like w B, which is the biggest and dumbest of publishers. Oh my god, wait, oh my god, the President is dead in hell Divers too, everybody, The President of Super Earth has been killed in action by the Illumina Tea during the fall of Prosperity City. That was the message that greeted Hell Divers two players when they logged on last night in one last bid to repel their invading squid like foes. Some truthers think that this was an inside job. When the dust settled Friday morning, the battle to save Super Earth was over and players had succeeded in winning the Extraction Shooters biggest showdown since it launched. So yeah, okay, I just wanted to do the joke. That's really what this I just saw the headline. I was like, Ethan, gotcha, well done. You give me a fun thing to do. I hell divers Dude two does just seem like it's one of those games that's in like a bunch of different states at the same time. It's a schroding RS video game where it seems like it's completely fine, and then it seems like, man, maybe it's winding down, and then it's like, no, actually it is popping off again.
Speaker 1: There's new content.
Speaker 2: People were waiting for this, and it's like, oh man, more people are playing than a long time. And then as soon as they kind of finished that content, apparently a bunch of Chinese players went and review bombed the game, so it's like they played it and then they're like review I'm like, Okay, what the fuck is going on over there?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that makes it actually pretty standard for a live service game, right. These things always seem like, think about the way Destiny was forever but for several years there for Destiny one and then Destiny two, where it's like you could ask any person who had been playing that game, like go Loo with their Steam profile one thousand plus hours, you can ask them how they feel about Destiny, and you would get a million different answers, and so I think that the fact that Hell Divers two is in that zone is maybe even kind of a good sign. It's like that is the natural state of a live service game, right.
Speaker 3: That's how it should be. I mean, that's how the most successful live service games they build on these moments. The one, the one that really started at all really was the Rocket and Fortnite. I still think about that and how that the rocket blew up and shatout the sky, and so to keep having these little moments in your game and to keep driving the story in that way, it's how it should be. It's how Destiny two is. It's how at the other one that you mentioned there is I can't remember the name of all a sudden, I'm blinking, but yeah, the fact that so many different people are playing this game in so many different ways and developing their own relationship with the game is the sweet spot, and I think they're getting there. My nephew, he's a fourteen fifteen something like that. He got a play Station five this past Christmas and Hell Divers two was first first on his list, still talking about it, and I like he texted me about this. They got the president in hell Divers. I'm like, I'm glad you prefaced that, and lad you're smart enough to preference that, which you sir Chat is mad at you.
Speaker 1: We all have to just I just was trying to wake everybody up.
Speaker 3: Seems like you did that. But yeah, I think the uh, I think this is a good This is a good headline. It's good news for hell Divers too. It's something that grabs the attention and lets people remember that you're there, especially, you know, amongst all of the news that we've dealt with today. It's yeah, good for them. Keep up the weird storylines that keep people coming back and wake up the chat.
Speaker 1: That's right, exactly. Last story. We'll just do this one real quick.
Speaker 2: A Concord developer's commemorative release plaque is being auctioned at a good will store. It's just like, you know, like when an album goes like gold or platinum and they put like an artist puts that stuff on the wall. It looks a lot like that, but for when they print the version of the game, so it's the disc and the cover and then the developer's name or whatever, and the developer's name has been confirmed by I think.
Speaker 1: VGC or some people.
Speaker 2: Uh this the bidding for this thing on the goodwill website is up to three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's three thousand two dollars.
Speaker 2: So that's the most excitement anyone's ever had for Concord is happening right now for this thing.
Speaker 3: Somebody, somebody was commenting on Blue Sky about this. At some point, this particular plaque is going to make more than the game did, and I was like, oh no.
Speaker 1: Just inherently, yeah, that game lost so much money, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't Yeah, I don't want to kick you know, I don't want to beat a dead horse or kick anybody while they're sure down. But oh god, is it.
Speaker 2: Like it's an artifact of like gaming's recent mistakes, right, That's what this is. It just represents the whole wrongheaded thinking about the way to approach people who play video games so that will spend money on your stuff. And yeah, this is just like emblematic of that moment is which is ongoing in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: But this is this is like it's going to be the poster child for that.
Speaker 3: It really is a tangible piece of gaming history. For all of the wrong reasons exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the poll question. This one is from yesterday. I'm going to vote right now. Do you think PERSONA four will get announced at Summer Game Fest. I'm gonna get my hopes up and say yes. I know, like there's still a good chance it won't happen, but I am in the majority. Sixty seven percent of people think it will get announced at Summer Game Fest.
Speaker 1: Thirty three percent say no. So there you go. What do you think, Jason, you think there's a chance.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be I'm going to be a pedantic asshole and say no, it'll be at Xbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's because at let's enn, Xbox seem to be cozy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So if it's going to be anywhere this next weekend, I think it's going to be at the Xbox Showcase.
Speaker 2: Thank you Skalker for your first super chat on the stream. I appreciate that. If anyone else wants to like try to burst into the show drop a super chat, I'll keep my eyes on those. Feel free to do that on the episodes going forward. And that's on YouTube for audio listeners that are wondering later. So maybe we'll get some messages from the audience going forward. Ye, all right, we have a new poll question. We'll get to that here in a moment before we do that, Jason Finelli, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find me at big Man Finelle on basically all social media that there is, Instagram. I am most active on Blue Sky and Instagram because Instagram takes my pictures to Facebook nice and conveniently for me, so I don't have to go on there, and blue Sky is just better than X. I don't make the rules, it just is. So that's where I'm mostly hanging out a lot of stuff on GameSpot recently GameSpot. Oh wow, here, what is he is? That? Is that the voice of Mitch?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's Mitch.
Speaker 4: I gotta give you important information about this persona situation before you make your decisions.
Speaker 1: Oh no, breaking news.
Speaker 3: Where's the music?
Speaker 1: Where's the music?
Speaker 4: It's been pointed out to me that these voice actors have been coming out and talking about how they aren't going to be in the new game in the same exact order that their respective characters join.
Speaker 1: Your party in persona four.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a marketing make of that?
Speaker 4: What you will just say it that if we if we're supposed to make of that, like you think what you will up to you?
Speaker 1: I'm just goodbye?
Speaker 3: Where did this turn into Italian Grandma mess mornings with that?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 3: What is this mafia? The old country settler? But but uh yeah, game spot m m r p G. I've written a excuse my language. They know I'm cursing this whole time. Fuck ton of coverage about Magic the Gathering, final Fantasy card reveals and galleries and shit like that. The full set will finally be on the website today, Wizard's website, so we can finally see all the cards. They have all been previewed, so I could I could finally be done with that and just get and just be ready to play the damn game when it comes out in two weeks. I also, I mean, if I could brag for a second, please, I lost fifty.
Speaker 1: Pounds hell yeah you're looking ground brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well fifty two since November. I just feel like I feel like a million dollars. I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, it's it's Uh, it's it's wild. It took going to the gym four times a week at five in the morning, but uh, here at MCGOV but here we are.
Speaker 1: It helps.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's uh that was nice to get on the scale this morning and see fifty two down. That's pretty awesome. But yeah, that's what I'm doing, that's what I have. We say, it's hell yeah, brother, oh yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you. So yeah, that's that's me. That's uh, that's uh, that's where you can find me. That's where I'm doing this stuff. And uh, Jeff, I am ready to give you a high five next week.
Speaker 1: I'm ready. Yeah, I can't wait to see you. That's gonna be great, looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna be back in l A for SGF doing fun stuff, uh in GB at night and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll see Jason on the show. It'll be a good time, all right.
Speaker 2: So let's see here new poll question. Are you enjoying Elden Ring night rain, Yes, kind of no or I'm not playing. We'll get the results talk about that on Monday. Next week's gonna be a little bit hairy for our shows because we will be traveling bombcasts will happen, although I'm not probably not gonna be honest, I'm gonna be traveling, uh and then no game mess morning is likely Wednesday through Friday. We're just gonna be too busy getting ready for GB at night. But we'll be back at it, you know, as soon as we can, uh likely on the other side of SGF and in the meantime, well other ways of conveying information for you to to. You check out the you know these channels. Check out GiantBomb dot com. There'll be plenty of stuff happening there. Speaking of Giant Bomb, we still have more coming today in back. Right after this, we'll take some time to get set up. We are gonna play some elder Ring Night Rain. We're gonna kind of do a quick look live, and then later we're gonna do roadcraft for UPF, and then at one thirty Pacific time three thirty Eastern, we're gonna try to match up against kind of funny in Eldering Night Rain. I know it's not competitive game, but we're gonna turn it into one where we're each gonna play in parallel and see who can kill the most many bosses bosses, you know, the giant bosses, they're all worth different different points. Andy's got a scoring system. We'll give that a shot. We're expected to get We're expecting to get cooked.
Speaker 3: Here where Indy has a scoring system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got like its many bosses worth one point and like the big Night boss is worth twenty five points or whatever. So we'll get into it, all of it. So we'll shift from Roadcraft to that about three or of the way through upf exactly. Yeah, well in a very similar games when you think about it. All right, Jason, and now, I thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was an honor. Again, it was my first time since you've gone in dependent. I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait to see what you do and if you ever need anything, right here.
Speaker 1: Real quick chat.
Speaker 2: So if this isn't, if they're doing it in order and it continues, who would be next?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it Matthew Mercer that we should expect to see next? Because if that happens at this point then I.
Speaker 1: Will fully believe.
Speaker 2: Uh so we'll see all right. Thank you everybody for watching. Thank you all for listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye BA.