Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to Gay Mess Mornings presented by Geku Deals with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from Giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about anything but football, anything that Zelda movie looking good, and Concord the game's so nice they shut it down twice.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good one because you have jasphon Elli on the show. Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am doing great, First and foremost, before any shit talking commences. Congratulations to you and the team for a very successful Extra life stream.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for your donations.
Speaker 2: Jason was able to tune in for a little bit on Saturday night, jumped into a fall Guy session that immediately got bounced out because I have out held that game in a very long time. I did find it interesting that Dan did not know of all the wwe UH crossovers that they've done, like Mankind's in there, Undertaker's in there, Oscar's in there, and one of the taunts is the old trombone for Xavier. Was brant that I'm surprised he didn't know any of that because he's always like, is that Mankind whoa. I thought he would know. Ye, a lot of w W going on there, but no, you guys did great. Congratulations to y'all, like a lot of funk you good time. But yeah, that suddenly the Eagles defense has decided they want to be the best defense in football and I am not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, it was, and it was.
Speaker 1: It really hit us at a time where the offensive line has kind of continued to deteriorate just a little bit each each week, and uh, it really was bad. I was also very tired, and so I kind of was falling asleep during the games. I had not I had not slept since before the start of the of the marathon because.
Speaker 3: I we went.
Speaker 1: I basically got in bed for half an hour at Dan's house before I had to leave for the airport, and then I was traveling all day.
Speaker 3: Got home and then and then I could I didn't want to like fall.
Speaker 1: Asleep in the in the middle of the afternoon, and so it's kind of just doing some stuff around the house. And it was an evening game. That was That was a good one to fall asleep during. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: I sure was the defensive struggle perfect no struggles for you falling asleep on that one.
Speaker 1: Definitely not Yeah, absolutely, but yeah that was your team's looking pretty good looking ready. I mean, listen, I get the if you have to have a good offense or good defense.
Speaker 3: I think I know.
Speaker 1: Right now which one I'm choosing, and it's a good defense. So I think you guys will figure out everything else. On the offense, you still have all the tools. You'll be just fine. The whole line is still real good.
Speaker 2: It's too much drama. The all line can't stay healthy. But luckily our backups have been stepping up. But the offense is if I have to hear a J. Brown drama, I mean, second more, I'm gonna lose my mind. I know. It's what the ride receivers do. I get it, I know. And so much of it is fueled by the sports radio stations in this town, the relics of a bygone age that they are the drama churning. I can say a lot, but we're nine and two and you're eight and two, whatever it is, and you would think that they're the worst team in football on a Monday morning. I don't understand. Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 3: We'll move on real quick.
Speaker 2: For this.
Speaker 1: Everybody but just side that, that's the roughest thing is the records. You know, the Lions we came in the season is supposed to be, you know, the top of the class in the NFC.
Speaker 3: North Chicago Bears number one in the division.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, buddy, we're buying Green Bay as well. It's it's it's rough out here. And then see them Black Friday. I think they're Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: Yes, well we will see them. Oh you see them black Folk. Yeah, we play Green Bay on Thanksgiving, So we'll go from there. All right, let's just get into everything. But everybody, so we don't have to talk about this anymore and explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb, Giant bomb dot com slash joined and become a premium member.
Speaker 3: What does that do it? Sports?
Speaker 1: Your video game dufis is who are independent out here on our own on the internet making fun video game content kind of stuff that that it felt like it should have been part of a bygone area because corporations decided they didn't want to support it anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't want their sport.
Speaker 1: We have yours or instead, and we are super thankful, grateful even that you are out there making sure that we can continue to do what we do that does enable us to do things like go raise fifty thousand dollars for children's hospitals. That's the kind of thing where it's like it would be hard to justify that any other way. So very very happy to kind of be like, you know what, we got ours, let's make sure everyone else gets theirs.
Speaker 3: And that's all because of you all.
Speaker 1: And we know you're out there, We see you here in chat, we see on the comments, and we just appreciate everyone who's come through and actually gone to giant bomb dot com, slash joined, became a premium member, and put their money where their mouth is. If if you can't do that, though, just tell a friend about the show. That's also excellent. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant.
Speaker 3: Bomb dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Hello YouTube, Hello YouTube, and can.
Speaker 2: I hit you with some breaking news right here?
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Jason Bonoli, what do you got for me?
Speaker 2: Xbox Partner Preview Thursday November twentieth, ten am Pacific, one pm Eastern confirmed. The show will include news and upcoming games from partners including Io Tencent and TEJQ Nordic, plus some brand new reveals and Xbox Game pas announcements. All the shows feature games Double Seven, First Light, Tithes of Annihilation, re Animal, and more. Are Xbox Play Anywhere so you can enjoy any every single one of them across console, PC and supporting gaming handhelds with one copy of the game on all YouTube and Twitch. More information on Xbox by email. Hit As you were giving that intro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had, I was. There were some stirrings in one of my and my dms this morning. I could see in the notifications that this might have been happening, and then I wants to go check it. It was on Blue Sky and it's like, yeah, you can't check your DM in to think give us your I'm like VPN later and check on this, but also it feels like this might get announced.
Speaker 3: So here we are.
Speaker 1: I you know, early word is, don't expect the world from this showcase, but you know, these things are always like, there's probably gonna be a couple of games in there for you, and if there's not, there's already plenty of stuff to play. Finelle, what are you expecting from a showcase like this at this time of year, located entirely inside of an Xbox showcase?
Speaker 2: A lot of this is an Xbox or Play Anywhere or Day one game pass, whatever the hell those mean anymore, but not a whole lot considering three weeks later is the Game Awards, right, So even if even games that may appear at both, they're not gonna you might even see some trailers say this is a little teaser for what watch the Game Awards in three weeks, right, because I believe at the end of the show noon Eastern is when the nominations are announced. So yeah, you might see some people start to play at the seed here for three weeks from now. Don't expect too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'll read this this quote here.
Speaker 1: You didn't read all this right when you were going through that during Xbox part okay, cool. During Xbox Partner Preview, will show you an exciting first look at content coming to Double O seven First Light. That's the io that you mentioned in electrifying extended gameplay trailer for the upcoming dark fantasy epic Tides of Annihilation, and a fresh look at re Animal, the new horror adventure from the creators of Little Nightmares, among other great games heading to Xbox consoles, Xbox on PC, and Xbox Game Pass. Xbox says additionally, all the games featured during Xbox Partner Preview are Xbox Play Anywhere, which means you can play you can enjoy every single one of them across console, PC and supported gaming handhelds with just one copy of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of those sound like the kinds of things that will, you know, show up here, And you're right, I think we'll see a lot more of them at the Game Awards, especially Double O seven First Lights. That is, when is that out? That's like relatively early next.
Speaker 2: Year, I believe I want to say February or March, but I forget that right now, and is more twenty six Yes, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing like the Io Interactive seems like they're kind of working with everybody rightfully, so, you know, a studio out there on their own, so they're finding their partnerships where they can. And then I still think that game primarily gets its last big parade this year at the Game Awards. So yeah, I'll look forward to this. I'll watch this. We might even find a way to talk over it. Let's see what time is it happening one pm Eastern on Thursday?
Speaker 3: Is that Thursday? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we might able to make that happen and talk about whatever games come out of there. There are twenty twenty six first party games, right, this is a partner preview, right, so we're right, we shouldn't be expecting anything from Forts Horizon six, Gears of War, e Eday, Halo Campaign Evolved, or Fable right, correct.
Speaker 2: Traditionally these are I have to go back and look at the last partner preview they did, but I don't think they go too crazy with other companies, so with their games, I think it's just stuff that from their third party partners. I would not expect anything nuts. Okay, So October was October twenty twenty four. The last one. Has it been a year?
Speaker 3: It feels like it's been a minute since a partner preview. Wow.
Speaker 2: So this one had Alan, Wake to the Lake House, Animal Well, Blind Fire, Kronos, the Nude On. Yeah, all third party stuff, Fire Break, Like a Dragon, Pirate Yakaza, which I sometimes forget exists. I don't know why. I love that game, Fastmophobia, Subnaudica two, so on and so forth. So yeah, I wouldn't I wouldn't go. I wouldn't put too much faith in first party stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I certainly wasn't in like chants like it's called partner preview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get. I just want to point out they have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of games coming out next year Microsoft, if if, if we are to believe that Forts, a Rise at six, Gears of for e Day, Halo Campaign, Campaign Evolved, and Fable will all make it out next year. Now, I think we can expect Forts and Gears and Halo Fables, maybe the question mark still, but that you know, they canceled a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: They did not cant Soul Fable.
Speaker 1: That is something that you know they could have easily done when they were canceling the Perfect Darks of the world, so like, you know, we are pretty close to that. So hey, they had a pretty decent year in terms of releasing games and supporting game Pass, you know, price increases notwithstanding over there at Xbox. If all these games come out and they're you know, decent to great, that they could have another good year of content, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could, but it really doesn't matter if they're going to keep you know, the rest of the pr nightmare that happens around them, whether it's the continued support of what's going on overseas or it's the new thing that I think we'll get into in a little bit with Black Ops seven and the nice little addition that nobody asked for going on there. They they can put out all the content they want, but until they get their you know, public facing affairs in order, it doesn't really much matter. All right, Well, we'll.
Speaker 1: Continue talking about the yeah, all that's stuff here in a little bit, and yeah, it's worth plating out. Microsoft still a target of the BDS boycott call due to their support for what is happening in Gaza that you know, they've claimed to pull back on that, but the boycott has not been ended. All right, let's get back into our regular rundown here. Everyone spent the weekend freaking out about Metroid Prime four. That previews went up. We did talk about it on Friday show, so we won't go over too many of the details of those previews again. But I was wondering, like, you know, people have maybe had a weekend to digest this, Jason, maybe you were paying attention to it, maybe you weren't, Maybe you put it out of your mind. Kind of I did, certainly, because I'm like, this is just noise at this point. None of this sort of like a wrenching of our garments is going to do much for me when it comes to whether or not I'm going to enjoy Metroid Prime four.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling about all of it?
Speaker 1: Specifically, it is this character Miles McKenzie, who is a bumbling idiot early in the game, and he kind of also points to Samus and says, hey, there's a puzzle over here.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you see this thing?
Speaker 1: People are worried about that, and I don't necessarily blame them, but also we haven't played the game, so how.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. I'm going to quote the venerable some call me Johnny on Blue Sky, I'm thinking nothing until I actually play the game. I don't have an opinion. I wasn't in the previews. I didn't hear it. I don't know how bad it is. That type of thing doesn't normally bother me, Like the whole Aloy thing, I didn't care. Like I grew up with Navi, I grew up with FEE. I'm used to this stuff, and I understand why they do it, because they're fighting a war for attention spans and to keep people's attention focused. You might sometimes some people just need to think people screaming what's going on at them. So until I see this dude, I may like this guy. I may I may hear his voice, but like, you know what, I kind of like having this companion. Is it Metroid? No, the whole point of Metroid is isolation. But if he's adding something to the game for me, what the hell do I care? How much? If he's talking a lot, he may point something out that I would have missed, which I think is a good thing. If I'm going to miss it. Then if he say, hey, look over there, don't make sure you don't miss that, that could help me in the long run. Sure, and if he starts out as a bumbling idiot and maybe he has some sort of character arc where at the end he's a little more efficient, that's just one more storytelling vehicle. I don't carell I see it in front of me. I think the gameplay is more important. I think the experience of the game is more important. And right now, based on the limited things I've seen, I'm feeling okay, pretty good. You know, it's I'm a little a little hesitant, but no, it doesn't buy that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think everything about the way the game looks and plays looks right.
Speaker 3: I do get a little.
Speaker 1: Bit worried about him pointing out the like missing something, just because that is so antithetical to Metroid for me specifically. But yeah, I think my thing here is if it's if this is meant to establish a like a set of verbs for the world, and he's there to help you like latch onto those early on, and then he fades into the background, I have no no, I probably will have no issue with that if they kind of like have a series of characters that serve that role. I'll be a little bit like more disappointed. But you know, maybe I will, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're right. I have to play it. I have to play it to find out.
Speaker 1: I'm on both sides of this, and then I see why people are anxious about it. I see why they're they're worried, especially for a game that has been so long in the making, and it's been a long time since Metro a Prime three, So I get it. But there it is also very frustrating to see one tidbit of the game and then have everyone's imaginations extrapolate that into something else. I don't think this character is going to be a novve. I don't think. I don't think that's how it's going to work. I think he is there to provide mostly a contrast between Samus and the kinds of people that are in the Galactic Federation, and to be like, this is why Samus's world is, you know, famous across the galaxy.
Speaker 3: And he even like says that.
Speaker 1: At a point in the preview, and he's like everyone knows her and it's because she is this stoic, wordless uh, just death machine, and and she really feels like that when she stands next to him. So you know, I have still a lot of faith in retro and the kinds of people that work there. I know that that that studio has grown a lot and changed a lot over the years, but they seem to have a pretty you know. I think the reason they went back and redid Metroid Prime one was to sort of really refamiliar refamiliarize themselves with that world and with the character. And I think they're going to try to take as much of that and put it into this game as possible, and then we'll see how all these other characters interact with Samu's going forward.
Speaker 3: It's it's a couple of.
Speaker 1: Weeks out right, we're gonna play. We're gonna know for ourselves here very very soon.
Speaker 2: One more thing from chat. It's actually a pretty cool idea for we're introduced to all these characters and the reason they stop interacting with you is because they die, and that creates the isolation at the end. Yes, that's an interest concept, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or like you know, if they are working together and it's like there is a problem here and it's like Samu's got brought in by the Galactic Federation and they're like we need to call in Samus to help us with this thing and to maybe save these people then, and then halfway through the game, the GLAC Federation's like, you know what, we're washing our hands of this. We don't care anymore, the morality of it, we don't. We don't care, and Samu's is stuck there on our own being like, oh great, now I have to do the right thing. They called me here to do a job to get paid, and now I feel like I have to see this through because it means something to me. Now that could be awesome. We'll see.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We are definitely, you know, sort of doing some fantasy booking here, but that's all we can go on. And really it's fantasy booking versus anxiety sort of taking over. It's like you can have both a little bit, and I think that's what we're just trying to offset the balance with here.
Speaker 3: All right, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Resident Evil Requiem won't have PC woes like Monster Hunter Wilds did, according to Capcom. This is from Ed Nightingale at Eurogamer. Capcom is working to ensure Resident Evil Requiem will perform well on PC following a multitude of technical issues this year with Monster Hunter Wilds. The company has been heavily criticized for the performance of Wilds through it, though it acknowledged those issues. A free update is due on December sixteenth, something players have been waiting for for the majority of the year. It seems Capcom has learned its lesson, though, and will ensure that Resident Evil Requiem won't suffer a similar fate. Resident Evil Requiem differs from Monster Hunter Wilds in terms of gameplay, systems, architecture, architecture, and network features, said Capcom during a Q and A session for its latest earnings report. At president, we do not anticipate similar risks. We are developing the game to provide a smooth gaming experience across a wide range of PC specifications. It wasn't just Wilds, it was Dragon's Dogma two as well, and this is like always positioned as the third game and that development trilogy of them trying to open up the ORI engine.
Speaker 3: To do more and more, specifically with open world stuff.
Speaker 1: We don't know really if Requiem's gonna have any sort of open world stuff, or if it does, if it's as like open as something like a Dragon's Dogma two or A or a Monster Hunter Wilds, but certainly the priority here must have been we need to make sure that Requiem comes out and does not have the problems of Wilds, because that has clearly damaged the reputation of that game, a game that rushed a ten million copies sold and I'm talking about Wilds here and then immediately fell off a cliff and has stopped selling. Basically, it's yea, not completely, but effectively it has. Do you think that's like? As long as this game performs well and is a good resident evil, right, that's all it needs to do at this point. If it performs poorly, they will have issues again, right?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Now? Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't play. It wasn't on my radar. But did Dragon's Dogma two Dragon's Dogba two have a online co op feature of any kind?
Speaker 1: I know, yes, I think yes it does, And then yes because I think I played with Mike, right or is he my little special boy character?
Speaker 4: You had Special Boys and there was some co.
Speaker 3: Op, thank you, Jan.
Speaker 2: So so then to me, the issue is an open world. It's network right, chest say, It's just it's no co op. It was just just the pawns. So it's just the special Boys.
Speaker 1: It has the summoning thing so you can bring in your special characters that your friends create and then they become your pawns and they're controlled, but they're controlled by the CPU.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, Jason.
Speaker 2: But you still connect to your friends in order to do that, right, There's some sort of kindect sort of sharing, right, So so for me, I think the issue may be more in the network setting. Sport Mansarrona Wilds is very online heavy, of course, that's you're meeting up with your friends and playing games. This has this, This Dragons Dong with two has that. Maybe not as bad, but still some sort of network connectivity. Resideval don't need that. The whole point of Resident Evil's being alone and scared. They tried doing that with Resident Evil six, and I think when I think about that game, I think more about the logo and what it looks like than the actual game. So this to me is natural. You're gonna have a single player, narrative driven game all about being scared in this spooky world. You don't worry about anybody else. You're gonna completely isolated, and that, to me, I think is best for that for what Capcom wants to do with their PC ports. I could be wrong. It could be something more about the way that the Ari engine processes certain things, and we'll see that rear its ugly head once again and we will have an issue. But the way I'm looking at it, if it's if these problems are more network driven, I don't think there's an issue. Honestly, I think this one has to work most of the three because it's the biggest franchise of the three. So yes, I think this will cause the most gritted teeth if it doesn't work, But I also think that the path to get there is easier than the other two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also like just see like maybe the nature of the enemies and a resident evil could sort of be a little bit easier for this all all to work, because in Dragon's Dogma, there's all these NPC characters, these enemy characters, these things that can follow you from region to region. Monster in or Wilds certainly has that as well, where there's just these these groups of monsters and these giant monsters, and they are all running their own cycles, doing their own thing, and you could sort of they all have to be maybe going at the same time if you were to like like kite one into another, or you kind of go between them and you attract the attention of both, and the game has to juggle all of that at the same time. I think, and I'm pointing this off the top of my head, that remembering talks of the CPU being the bottleneck on these games in a lot of cases, and that would certainly be the case if that, if that, if that was the problem, just trying to make sure that the game could juggle all of these interactable elements at the same time. Resident Evil will certainly have big things chasing you, because that's been become staple, but it's usually one thing at a time, and then dumber characters, just normal AI zombie style characters or you know, leapers or something like that, that might not be as much of a problem for the game to handle. I hope that they can kind of design their way around any of the limitations of the Resident Evil or the RI engines, not the Resident Evil engine ARI engine when it comes to building this game, and you know, this engine was originally designed so that they could make Resident Evil games. You would hope they would not stray too far from what made it so great for that in the first place. For this one, just for the sake of trying to do something bigger or more open.
Speaker 2: Now, I agree with you there, unless they are trying to implement some sort of Nemesis type character, right, but I think they will. I think they will have one.
Speaker 1: But if they have one of those, then I think it's like they could probably focus on that, right, And it's like yeah, and then if you run into some other standard style enemies, it's like, yeah, we could predict that a little bit better. But the nature of wilds, especially dragon Stalla two, is those interactions are very unpredictable. The player can kind of cause all kinds of stuff to happen on their own, and that's again especially true in Dragon's Dogma two. I think that maybe the nature of Resident Evil makes it a little bit more predictable, so they can maybe design their way around a little bit. But we'll have to well to see. At the very least, though, Jason, they're aware of it. They know that they can't let this happen again, and I think that alone should be taken as a good sign. And now we just got to see if they deliver.
Speaker 2: Right. I agree, And like I said, because this is resident Evil, there will be more eyes on it than even Monster Hunter or Dragons Dogma Resident Evil has much more universal acclaim, universal appeal. Now, whether that translates to PC specifically or more console remains to be seen, but I do think that see even a headline Ari Requiem Suffers on PC is going to do some damage. They got to make sure it works.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely all right, Sony shuts down Concord again. Oh this is from Marcus Person at Game Reactor, and you might be confused.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, We'll explain everything that's happening here.
Speaker 1: Sony seems hell bent on wiping out every trace of Concord from the face of the earth, and honestly, who can blame them. When the game became one of the biggest belly flops in PlayStation's history four hundred million dollars straight down the drain or around there, around that much, the team behind the game was quickly dissolved afterward, and Sony is now doing everything it can to make Concord vanish from collective memory. So when the game was unexpectedly brought back to life through the hands through the hard work of a group of dedicated fans who made it playable on PC again, it didn't take long for Sony to come knocking clips from the closed beta were hit with DMCA takedowns, and in the official Discord channel discord Or for Concord Delta, the following statement has now been issued due to worrying legal actions. Due to worrying legal action, we've decided to pause invites for the time being. In other words, the small team is fully aware that Sony has them in its sights, and as it resolved, both to the both the project and the servers are currently on hold. So this was just fans bringing the game back, finding ways to do it on PC, Sony catching wind of it, and you know, I think the Marcus person here a game Rectors is attributing some motivations to that of like Sony wanting to wipe the Internet of the like any trace of Concord. Part of me is always like, you know, the simple solutions probably are the simplest answer is probably the answer. And it's like lawyers are just doing their due diligence to protect the company. And if Concord's out there running in any real way, it's not been that long since that game came out, and they're probably like, hey, if something happens with the game or someone has a bad experience in there.
Speaker 3: We don't want to be legally liable.
Speaker 1: It's our trademark still, it's our copyright still, and we're lawyers, and we're just going to do what we do. I have any interactions I had with I've had with lawyers, they're not going to be like, there's room for interpretation here, there's room for something. No, they're just going to do their job to protect the company that is paying them, because that's their obligation. They have to do that. And so that leads to situations like this where maybe there was not marching orders from Herman Holst to get that shit off the internet. I don't think there was. I think it's probably just, hey, this is happening. How should we handle this? Well, the lawyers say do this, So let them go do this, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If anything, Herman Holst is probably like, really, people actually want to play it and they're figuring it out themselves. Also, I need to shout out a great joke in giant bomb dot com, slash chats twitchat here. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing named Concord has been able to take off since two thousand and three. Well done, sir, that's good, but no, I find it. I wonder if too, if maybe and you mentioned because it's so new, if the tech used to develop the game is still current in Sony's proprietary process, and they don't want anyone to be able to dig into the files and find that and maybe glean some thing from the way they do their thing and be able to copy it, or you know, to say something like that. So they just want people to stay away from Concord for the time being. It is very weird that they would try to kill a resurrection, which because that implies that people liked the game enough to attempt to resurrect it. But I get it. I get why they would do it for legal reasons, as you mentioned safety or the technology. It makes sense. It just sucks that it had to happen to Sweet Concord had to go down twice. Yep, it was just a boy. It reminds me of the horse from Body Python. Sweet Concord, your death will not be in vain, sir, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, well, or will Ferrell falling into the fire pit and Austin powers and say I'm not dead, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just very badly burned.
Speaker 3: It's a bang. Why you shot me?
Speaker 1: You're kind of going back and again. I want to shoot it again. All right, so Sony doing this, there's no other implication that like they're thinking about doing some of the concord.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, right, Okay, Well I think that's the answer.
Speaker 2: There wasn't the what was it that somebody put on sale or found a goodwill? Was like the platinum disc or the gone goal. It was the Concord and the really yeah it was a plaque. You're right, yes, yeah, so I don't. I think concord as well and truly dead. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well I have my physical copy behind me or right over there in a pile, so I still got it.
Speaker 2: Put it in there. They'll come for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: How shit? Heman? Leave me alone?
Speaker 1: All right, We are going to take a break. We got plenty of more headlines to get into after this. If you want to skip out on these. We put out an AD free version of the video show an AD free version of the audio show. You can get those by going to giant bomb dot com slash join. We'll be right back, Jan. You taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to. I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail stop.
Speaker 3: You don't have to live this way because now there's dgo deals, the double D.
Speaker 1: That's right, Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 4: I don't want no bunk out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Deco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 1: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 1: And if listeners go to deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 4: Learn more at Deco deals dot com, slash giant.
Speaker 1: Bomb Games Mornings were Jason Ponello, Jeff Grubb, Let's get back into it.
Speaker 3: It's uh.
Speaker 1: Every time we try to start the show though, or start a backup, there's more breaking news. Something happens, something happens. Let's let's do It's a busy Monday. Evan Blast, I guess has leaked Game of the Year nominees on what looks like Twitter or Blue Sky. Can't tell anymore anyway, Here they are. These are the nominees for the Game of the Year category at the Game Awards, starting with Clear Obscure Expedition thirty three, then Death Is Stranding Too on the Beach, Donkey Kong, Bonanza, Hades two, Hollow Night, Silk Song, and Kingdom Come Deliverance to There you go, those are your six nominees, people. Jase was telling me, and I'm like, oh yeah, I would have put it on there, probably over Kingdom Come Deliverance to a Game. I did play a little bit of Blueprints. I think it's the big omission there. That of course Roadcraft. Everyone's everyone not making it big man.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I.
Speaker 1: Okay, this list looks about right to me, though, I mean, there were a lot of really good games this year.
Speaker 3: It was always going to be tough to just name six.
Speaker 1: I think all these are yeah yeah, strong nominees are kind of kind of across the board. I think right now, my gut reaction for the game I think is Game of the Year. Out of these six, it's it is Silk Song. It's it's okay what I think is going to win. Though Jason continues to be Expedition thirty three, Yes, it deserves it like that. That mean preferring Silk Song is not any indication of me thinking Expedition thirty three doesn't deserve the game win Game of the Year.
Speaker 3: I think it does. How about you?
Speaker 2: I am with you on that. I think claipstear is going to win just because of the type of game that it is and the uh the I hate to be so cynical, but it is easier to build a show around if that. You know what I mean, You have all the voice actors there. It will be part of the Oh shit, sorry, it's had a realization. It'll be part of the symphony orchestra, the Game of the Year year medley, which means Zebra bonanza. He played on the stage, and that right there makes me very excited.
Speaker 1: They could just do a medley of all the different Bonanza songtic they got to use the Bonnanza.
Speaker 2: It's the best one. And I will fight someone. Uh No, I don't know. Man hates two for the the people that vote on this thing that might have a have a have a chance here, But no, I think I think if I had, if I'm a betting man, I think Expedition thirty three is your winner. And honestly, people might have forgotten about because come out in February. But I do like seeing Kingdom come here. It's nice to see a game that is not afraid to say, yeah, it's nice to see a game it's not afraid to say you're the player, but we hate you and we're going to grind your face into the fucking dirt until you learn how to play our game. And I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. The guy who makes it, that's a whole difference. But but but he's the game was fun and and then I want to see the I don't know the name of the actor, but the guy who plays Henry puts in a very good performance. That's where my strongest opinions are By the way. I'm gonna wait for the nominees to come out, But there is one person in particular who I think needs serious consideration for performance at any awards show, and that's Jenny Kidd as Pauline. Oh and the reason the reason is not, and the reason is not just because you know, no one's gonna be able to convince anyone that her emotional performance is going to outrank those of Expedition thirty three or eighties. But she spoke and sang Pauline, which means she was singing and rapping a made up language and made it sound like it was completely natural. That girl deserves all the kudos in the world. That's hard to do. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I fear it won't get recognized, but I have one hundred percent agree with you that it deserves to be. It was and she was great, Like I just if she carried the sort of the performances of that game in a real strong way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like now, as I like get ready for our Game of the Year over here, something I like to talk about think about we always bringing up on these shows. I think I've I need to spend more time with deaf stranding and I think I will be going back to King Kingdom come Deliverance too. I think I started to go down a pathway of like how much become a cheeky little potion salesman or something like that, And I think you could do that in this game, and I might like try to just go have my own fun with it instead of trying to rush through the story as I was doing. And we'll see if that's possible. And my understanding is it is. I bet I could have even more fun with that game.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of that game is if My favorite part of that game is that if you don't go to the bathhouse fast enough, people will actually complain that you smell like shit. That's yeah to me. I love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: That is our leaked Game of the Year nominations. The rest of the nominations will be coming out at the top of the hour. Maybe we'll talk about on another show if there's anything worth worth bringing up, but I definitely want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Those with Jason.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, Let's get back to our rundown here, all right. US congressman calls for AI regulations after Call of Duty Black Ops seven debate. This is from Blair Marnell at game Spot. Earlier this month, Call of Duty Black Ops seven players called out the apparent use of AI in the game, especially the quote unquote Ghibli style calling cards. Activisions subsequently acknowledged that some AI was used in the creation of Black Ops seven, but it insisted that the creative process is still in the hands of humans regardless. A US congressman has weighed in on the Black Ops seven debate and called for extensive AI regulations. California Democratic Congressman Rocanna, who has previously accused Roadblocks of not doing enough to protect children who use it, reposted a message about the Gibli like calling cards and wrote, we need regulations that prevent companies from using AI to eliminate jobs to extract greater profits. Artists that these companies need to have a say in how in how AI is deployed. In a subsequent post, Kanna shared some proposals from Nobel laureate Moglu. I'm not going to be able to say that, right, Smaglu Smaglu, Yeah, okay, I like that. Ideas include tax reforms to encourage or to discourage excessive automation, and allowing workers and unions to benefit from AI gains rather than being placed by replaced by artificial intelligence. Kind of also stressed that he isn't calling for a complete ban on AI. So the idea here would be regulations that sort of make it challenging for companies or will punish companies if all they're going to do with AI is use it to cut out workers and cut out more people from the profits, something that they are otherwise incentivized to do. And the idea would be like, let's share the benefits if there are any from AI with everyone. And look, AI feels like the tooth based out of the tube certainly in a lot of ways. It also feels like a bubble waiting to burst in terms of the business side of things. But I've said before that I think it's gonna be a real dark period for AI here pretty soon, and then it'll slowly kind of come back, and it'll be everywhere forever and we're not gonna be able to do much about it. But one thing I do think would be possible is some sort of regulation like this of building out tax incentives and disincentives to say, hey, if you want to do this, if you can let the people who actually are doing the work decide how it's used and share any like in sort of the productivity gains that you get out of that, then I would be more open to the possibility, because otherwise, every time I see it, it's just a reminder of all of the ways that these companies try to ring us dry, and then when they can completely cut us out, they are more than happy to rush to do that. Does any of this feel like it's possible? Does any of us feel like it's on the table or we're anywhere near that? Because pineing the sky stuff, I feel like it's probably not.
Speaker 2: No, I wish this whole story. When I first saw that screenshot of the of the AI give, I was furious. But let me unequipped right now, fuck AI and fuck you for using it. That is, I understand if people may want to try it once or twice because they can't draw. I can't draw, but I'm not on Sora. I don't care. I just don't draw.
Speaker 1: I feel not wrong. When I did use it the one I just felt nothing from using it. It was like, what the does this add to my life?
Speaker 2: Work?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: But yeah, well sure I had to be Rocana too, right. Rocanna is not not the greatest person or at least somebody's saying it. I don't think there's any chance. I don't think there's any chance that uh ai goes away. But I am very much looking forward for that bubble to burst and for like the the overabundance of AI as it is now, to go, you know, go by the wayside. I feel like there probably is some good use for machine learning right racally, like in the meta field, being able to go through all those complex equations and find the right one faster or something like that. But this theft shit, whether it's you know, chat ept stealing text or sores stealing images, has to fucking go. And I wish they would nut up and just put legislation out there that says you cannot use this for commercial for monetary gain or commercial never happened, We'll never happened because they're terrified, because it's like they don't do it, then China will take over AI and we'll be left behind in the twenty first century and say, oh boy, there's got to be some other way of doing this other than operating from the worst fears and the worst possible situation. You kind of can't.
Speaker 1: Lead the future because you're like, oh, if we don't do it, someone else will. We're too afraid of what that means. That's not a recipe for making sure everyone's included on the bus. But that's not been the concern of these companies. It is you never will renize profit in every situation, and the government and politicians are too often right there being like, oh, that should be our our greatest concern as well, and it's oh no, the well being of the people you represent should be it.
Speaker 3: And that doesn't even seem to come to the equation like it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's it's like all last week, there's five other kinds of stories about where it's popping up, and it's always like in weird ways where it's like Ubisoft just used it for like one AI loading image. They they probably used it for more than that, but there was one AI loading image where they said it slipped through and it had like obvious ar AI artifacts of like squishy face faces and bad hands, and they're like, we're gonna that's through our review process. Our developers just use it for let's see here, iterations, prototype and exploration, but every element players will experience in the final game reflects the team's craft artistry and create a vision. And that's on one side, and on the other side, Crafting the PUBG company is like we are buying out everyone basically that wants to have a voluntary buyout, And if you've been here for a year or less, we'll give you six months of pay of salary to get out of here. If you've been here for up till like eleven years, you might get as much as three year salary because we are an AI first company. And it's like, okay, so Ubisoft like gotten a lot of heat for having one image, and Crafting's basically just kicking everyone out so they can do everything with AI.
Speaker 3: So we have the we run the whole gamut here.
Speaker 1: And it just feels like, well, we are certainly jumping the gun and getting out over our skis with this stuff. And I think that's the part that makes it feel especially bad, is this this is a tech that and it's in its best examples like of I guess that looks somewhat realistic, but it obviously is not. Doesn't feel good or or like that Coca Cola commercial where it's like this does not match up to what you did previously in any way other than it sort of has the general look. Is that the bar that you're measuring these things by.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: And if it is, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, the people in charge are are going to sort of shoot themselves in the foot with this stuff. And that's where the bursting bubble is gonna come from. Uh And and that's and even that is not gonna hurt those people as much as it's gonna hurt everyone who got fired.
Speaker 3: And now these companies don't have money to hire anyone again. It's a nightmare. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 2: Jason? It's a piss Felder simulator, that's all it is. It can make it can make the image look as as realistic as they want, but it still has that weird asschene on it that anybody with a discerning eye can see. The problem is nobody has a fucking discerning eye. They just want to They have a discerning wallet, and all they care about is how cheap it is. Crafton going to find out the hard way. I mean, granted, at least they're doing something. They could have just said get the hell out instead of yeah, buying.
Speaker 1: I mean, these plays are in South Korea, so who knows, maybe they couldn't just say get the hell out. There's probably right protections labor protections there.
Speaker 2: But yes, we're saying, but like this Ubisoft thing, Oh it just slipped through, It just slipped right. I'm thinking of the guy slipping on ice, where he's like slipping on ice for forty five seconds before he actually falls over. I'm imagining this guy going going to Sora and like slipping around and typing in the prompt that he needs and then slipping it as he saves it to where I ever needs saved to you. Here's an idea you probably in your prompt for this, put in picture from this era that would look like a loading screen for a video game. Right, Say that's the prompt, take the word loading, put it on a screen with an image with big fucking neon colors so you don't miss it, and put that in there instead. It'll take just as much time and you'll avoid looking like an asshole when you accidentally leave it in there. Fucking I hate AI. Pisses me off to no end. When I see people like good friends of mine on their Instagram reels, their or their social media using AI, I'm just like, no, well, you fucking stuff I hate it so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the discerning I thing, right, It's like people don't most the vast majority of people don't know the problem, and so they don't even see the problems.
Speaker 3: They don't even know it.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be a situation where maybe someone like looks at that Coca Cola commercial and goes, I just don't like as much. Maybe they just didn't have a good one this year, or they find out it and then maybe they find out it's AI and they're like, oh, okay, well that's cool. Then I guess I just the conversations we're having are not the general conversations.
Speaker 2: But I do think that it is.
Speaker 1: People are like, like, are wonder why things look like such shit right now? Or why it does feel worse than it did before. And hopefully we can continue to point the finger rightfully at AI and say it's because no, they're not letting the actual artists do the work for the vast majority of these things so they could save some money, and so you're going to continue to get worse stuff. Doesn't that make you angry? And I hope we can win that conversation.
Speaker 2: Don't you remember when you were a kid and it would be just around this time and you'd see the Coca Cola You mentioned the cocoa commercial with the bears. Yeah, those that is a They love those. You know what else is really cheap besides AI, restore those if you don't want to make a new one, just HD restore the old classic ones. It's the same. You get the same damn message. It's Christmas, here's coke and some polar bears. But it doesn't look like a piece of shit, and for people with that discerning eye, it doesn't look it doesn't look.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, they've been running the same eminem like holiday commercial for like thirty years now, different times. It's great, Yeah, yeah, exactly, but it's like, you know, that goes the other side of it of it's not Oh, you could just run those again. Those have stood the test of time for a reason because they were clever, and they were done by people who understood how to speak to other human beings and could operate on multiple levels of here's something that looks nice, here's something that has a meaning to it, here's something that speaks to a desire that all humans feel. And even if the machine can sort of replicate some of those ideas. It's so clear, very quickly that it can't actually create those feelings itself, so it can't really speak to them and and.
Speaker 3: That's subtle, uh but but that's it's part of like where the.
Speaker 1: Chain breaks down and it sort of taints everything that it does, and it's like everything's not quite as good as if a human did it. But yeah, it's good enough the corporates. I don't even know if it's good enough. Though it has been good enough so far. It's not good enough.
Speaker 2: Chad is now becoming a greatest hits of Christmas commercials. The Corona with the lit up pine tree for Hershey Kisses where they're playing the bells let me tell you something and someone said this in the shell but Briki one, I think it is Berriki underscore one. If they AI the fucking hes truck, I am done. You understand me. You're gonna AI the truck that you sell every year too. You're gonna just generate that a he I needs to go AI and roadblocks man one in one egg for number one on your leg one in one a I fuck say them both one and incorporates the other all of a singularity of rage I'm just exploding to nothing.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: More players in the UK, US and Japan still prefer single player games to multiplayer games survey fines.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: In the US, it's like, let's see, I made the okay, sixty five percent. I'm gonna make this chart bigger so I can actually read it.
Speaker 3: Let's go there.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, Okay. In the US, sixty five percent prefer single player games. Japan is sixty three percent, Thailand sixty two percent, Germany sixty percent, UK fifty eight percent, Mexico fifty five percent, Sweden forty nine percent, and China forty seven percent. So even in China, a country where I've talked about before, culturally the gaming landscape has always been very social, very online, very much a you need other humans involved because it's competitive first and and and like pay to win took off there because they just never saw the problem with the way other people the other cultures did, and that also means you need other players to play against. Even there, forty seven percent not the majority, but close to half prefer single play, single player games. I think that every time that these companies get in a situation, Jason where they look at the possibility of Hey, multiplayer games do sell better and they do make more money, but there is a finite amount of time for those kinds of games, for people for that that who for that style of game. If we want to have a chance of diversifying, it does not mean make another multiplayer game, because if we make a good one of those, it should ideally take up a vast majority of that kind of person's time because they will just it becomes their hobby. If we want to make multiple games, the only real solution to that is to play to this audience, right, even if they don't spend as much to end total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that's if the analysis is saying we prefer single player games, you have to care to the people who prefer single player games. And I think the sales charts always show that too. Like Ghost of Yota earlier this year had a great what three million? I think it is now three four million, so like it. It does not surprise me. Also too, have you played online with free chet? It sucks because people are screaming at you and calling you and I am at what is the all? Right? So this there's a difference in response age sixteen to twenty four and those age twenty five to thirty four. I would love to see that split. And there is forty nine percent sixteen to twenty four prefer sixty single player games, fifty six percent for twenty five to thirty four, sixty four percent fifty five to sixty four. Old folks don't want to get yelled at by a bunch of young scrubs. That's all. That's what I'm rereading here.
Speaker 1: And that's like, okay, you could read that both ways though, where it's like, okay, so, if you want a future proof your company, you should be focused on multiplayer. But because of the way the world's working right now, younger people don't have as much disposable income. If you want to make a game that could sell right now, you should maybe make something that appeals more to the older audiences. I think, you know, if you're if you're Sony reading this and you're trying to like figure out your strategy going forward, it's obviously you're still it's obviously you're still making both. But I you know, I don't know if if if I'm in that boardroom at PlayStation, how anyone can accept the idea that the bulk of our of our investment should be in massive, you know, a live service multiplayer games. It's like, no, the our base, our foundation, our rock has been a certain style of game for forever and and and if.
Speaker 2: We maybe we're not abandoning that.
Speaker 1: We have not been abandoning that, but we've certainly been letting it sort of go like run on its own steam and not being we haven't been reinvesting in it.
Speaker 3: Certainly.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you could sort of let everyone out of the room under this idea of we should be making twelve live service games. Now obviously that has had its problems and not doing that necessarily anymore. But it's like, how did that even happen in the first place? How you got how'd you guys sort of talk yourselves into that? Because it maybe half of the investment. May if you made tried six big live service games and the rest of that money went to building more studios or trying more single player stuff, that would have gone better for you, and I predict, I predict it would have because there's just this solid foundation of players who want that, and then the multiplayer game can be the occasional lotto ticket. And instead what they did is just went all in on buy as many a lot of tickets as we possibly can, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that unfortunately, when lottery tickets are by their nature not guaranteed, so when they don't cash out, you're left with a fumbled bag. It sucks. Yep I hope that they take this and they sort of balance their their output here because people still want their single PlayStation. Single player narrative games are some of the best things you can play on their console. Last of Us, Scott of War Uncharted when that was a thing, Horizon, those sorts of games, Uh, you want to you want to cater to the Unfortunately, honestly, I think at this point, if they were smart, the console makers were smart, they would just try and I know Epic's been trying to skirt them every chance they get with like Fortnite, for example. But the the service fees for the micro transactions on your consoles might be the best way to get live service funds at the moment, because the live service games that are here are so entrenched and they're not going anywhere that you're not unless you have a game that is so good everyone to like arc Raiders, I think is a good recent example of a game that has simply broken in because it's a lot of fun and people are enjoying what it does. But that's now another live service game that you have to compete against. So it's a it's a rock and a hard place, and it's a it's a problem that I do not envy and envy them having, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, you know it's and their lab service business does work. They make money from it, and they make money by having third parties put live service games on on their platform. And it's hard to ignore that money, and they shouldn't because it has work to a certain extent.
Speaker 2: It just did not. It's also had as many you.
Speaker 1: Know, crash and burns and you know, burn four hundred a pile, four hundred million dollars in one go in something like Concord, and they've had that like to various degrees multiple times now. And it's like, I think that the sure thing, the reliable first party game, first party single player game. It just seems like maybe that's the good ground to go to to return to, and then you just try going live service, try going multiplayer a little less frequently, and be a little bit more discerning there, and that does seem to be where they're going right now. It's just I'm surprised they didn't try that from the from the outset.
Speaker 2: Arc Raiders uses AI too, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the for the voices, Yeah, everything is going to It's going to be everywhere. X Defiant reportedly began life as a new splinter Cell game by the Dispatch developers. From Rebecca Valentine, who got this from I think there was a report over at Bloomberg. Ubisoft was at one point not too long ago, working on a brand new splinter Cell game, but it morphed over time to become extifiant, according to a new report. This comes from a Bloomberg story about ad Hoc Studio, the developers of workplace superhero comedy game Dispatch, which describes their journey from Telltale Games to a superhero comedy game Dispatch. Ye, I'm sorry to Ubisoft to tell their independent excuse me to own their own independent studio. The leadership of ad Hoc began working together at Telltale Games, working on Tales from the Borderlands before Nick Herma, Dennis Leonard, and Pierre Schorett departed for Ubisoft in twenty seventeen. There the Trio worked on a new entry in the splinter Cell franchise. I was so excited to be a part of this and help revitalize it because it's been dormant for a while, Herman told Bloomberg, and we thought we could tell a great story and do something the fans would love. However, they explained that Ubisoft was beginning to push games as a service hard across its portfolio, and splinter Cell didn't quite fit that mold. Over time, the splinter Cell project transformed into what would become x Defiant, a free to play first person shooter that launched two middle in reviews last year and shut down just this past June, taking two entire studios with it. The Trio eventually reunited with Michael Schaong, another former colleague from Telltale, to start ad Hoc Studio in twenty eighteen. While working on a version of what would be eventually become Dispatch, they also took on a script writing codev Gig on the Wolf among Us two, only to pull out of the project after writing an eight hundred page script due to frustrations with a lack of creative control. That project, last we heard of it seemed similarly similarly ill fated oh No. Eventually, though, the group was able to pull together the final version of Dispatch with the support of both a publisher and a number of well known actors. Thanks to casting director Linda la Montange, a last minute deal with critical role for another game helped them help get it across the finish line. It's just like that sounds like modern game development for studio of this size, like the sort of low to middle size studio where you have to try.
Speaker 2: A million different things to make ends meet.
Speaker 1: You probably bring in people from a lot of other publishers and you, you know, sign a bunch of deals, and if you get a game made, the story behind it will sound like it's a miracle that anything ever came out.
Speaker 3: And that's certainly the story of Dispatch. Right.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear a story like this, that's exactly the first thing I think. It is interesting that they went from splinter Cell to ragtag bunch of heroes in Dispatch. That is a weird trajectory, but with their with their Telltale with the Telltale background and bringing that those teams in, I guess it kind of makes sense. I think the story here is that they thought Splinter Cell, Ubisoft thought splinter Cell, one of their biggest franchises, wasn't fitting their current like what means going on? Man? That?
Speaker 1: So that to me, that sounds so familiar to like every conversation happening inside these companies right now where they they probably are across the board, like maybe everyone except for Nintendo, but even Nintendo, like like they're probably having conversations about star Fox the Starfox MA extent a sense, But I bet it's a little bit different in Nintendo than at like a Microsoft to Sony in the activision, which I guess is Microsoft and you be Soft all these companies where they're like, okay, people keep clamoring for X for something like splinter Cell. Let's do all of the math, Let's do all of the market research. Let's try to figure out can this game sell ten million copies and make at least a fifteen percent profit margin? And I think they all kind of come to the answer of maybe, but probably not. And so we don't get any of this shit or they're just too scared to make to make the bet. None of these games are getting made right now because someone inside these companies has a strong vision for making the game.
Speaker 2: It is maybe.
Speaker 1: Pitched, and then it's it's got to pass through, you know, miles and miles of your brocracy and approvals from people whose first concern is not a good video game, but a game that is a good fit for a market that.
Speaker 2: They can see explained to them on a.
Speaker 3: Spreadsheet on paper.
Speaker 1: And of course, like splinter Cell is going to have a challenge doing that because the last couple of splinter cells did you know whatever they did, And games like that right now are not They're few and far between, and the games that do make all the money in the world look very different. So like, how do you explain, well, this game could pop off because there's people out there that want to play that. They're like, well, then show show me that on paper, Vibe, give me another example, and there aren't any. So it's it's a self perpetuating cycle where games like this aren't getting made, so there's no examples of them doing well, so these companies don't want to make them. So it feels like we're just gonna it's gonna get worse and worse with these companies getting more and more afraid to make stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even too, it seems like Ubisoft can't make a game in any of its trademark franchises without it being super bloated with towers and big maps and and and symbol overload and all this other stuff. So they really need to figure out what the hell's going on in there. Man, it's it's uh, it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Last story here. I think this Zelda movie looks pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was some Yeah, there was some leaked footage of behind the scenes filming with Zelda kind of walking around the set with horses with like a utrama that looks like, you know, if it's from Hiral Kingdom. And we have some official set photos I think popped off on the Nintendo Today app.
Speaker 2: Here's from Jim Norman.
Speaker 1: Nintendo has revealed a new batch of photos of the upcoming live action Zelda movie, giving us our closest look yet at its central duo, the Pinchers. Pictures were shared on the Nintendo Today app and reveal Bo Bragginson's Yeah bos Braggason's Princess Zelda and Benjamin Evan Ainsworth's link in full costume on location in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Zelda. Yeah, yeah, let's see here. Now it's true.
Speaker 1: There are only three photos to take in for now, But it looks like Zelda and Janef You if this is something you could show off people like you can show the photos and maybe even that Instagram behind the scenes footage. I saw the behind the scenes footage first, Jason, and just seeing that was like, oh man, suddenly I have confidence in this. I have something about it just looks right. But of course that's just one little tidbit, and that's you know, who knows why I feel that way, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: You said you feel the same.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because they're going with the Breath of the Wild Tears of the Kingdom presentation.
Speaker 3: It is pretty similar to that, yes.
Speaker 2: Which is, if you're comparatively speaking, this is going to be a weird thing to say for the legend of Zelda. But hear me out on this. The most grounded look look wise of the franchise. You know, a boy in a hat and tunic running around with the sword. It's gonna look people can think that it's a really weird. This looks like it could for people who do not know, they think these two people could be in a Lord of the Ring style thing or a Game of Threat. It blends in better to that esthetic for the people who don't know what Zelda is, right, I do feel weird saying that they look like they could be in Lord of the Rings. I get it. Chat. Let me look, I'm just saying it from a from a visual perspective people seeing these and not knowing what's going on, but like, all right, we got medieval fantasy going on, maybe some magic. We'll see what's happening. Also, from the leaked footage the casting, I'm gonna butcher this name of dyke in Lochman. I think that's that's I say it, Dykeman Lockman as Impa apparently who for those who don't know, she is Miss Casey in Severance. Yes, is a brilliant She is a fastic, incredible Yeah, and she's a fantastic actress. So I think she's gonna She's gonna nail it. I'm very excited for my wellness session with Impa when that movie comes out in May of twenty seven. H Dchen, Did I say that?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Did I say that wrong? Uh? All right, yeah, I knew it was gonna butcher it, so thank you for correcting me. If I did. No, this is exactly what I was hoping for from a Zelda movie. This is exactly the kind of thing I want to say. It is going to be profoundly weird to hear Link speak, but in the movies he kind of has to, and I can get over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hopeful at the very least, now seeing it like this, say oh, this movie is going to come out, You know. I guess I should have known, because if then Nintendo's been serious about the Sony pictures like they said they were filming, they got a director and all that stuff, but just burned so many times on video game movies. I will see this and I'm hoping it will live up to all the possibilities. I don't even say expectations, but just the possibilities of being good. All Right, That does it? No poll question from Friday? We did the Big or the Bomb twelve? Excuse me? The Big list of the Bomb twelve. You guys could check that out. I'll have a blog post today that goes over that. We'll have a new link for new submissions to the Bomb twelve. We'll do that at the end of the week as always. In the meantime, though, why don't we do this, Jason? Why don't you tell people where they could find you on the internet, what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Jacsonfinelli dot Com, One Blue Sky, big Man Finale, everywhere else writing news and features and stuff for Game Spot as usual. I do have one more review for them before the end of the year, so keep an eye out for that. Also right for MMO ORPG and a couple other freelance places here in the hither and thither around the Internet. I have my own YouTube channel which I get on once in a blue moon. Maybe I'll react to the nominees of the Game Awards, which I have going on on the screen above me here. I can officially say justice for Jenny Kids. She was not nominated for Best Performance because it's mostly Exhbision thirty three people. I did notice there's no dispatch there either.
Speaker 1: A dispatch came out probably too late for.
Speaker 2: It's no it's an independent game, so no it didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just mean, like I just for performance reasons, just like a game like that could still get nominated that late, but for the conversation around how good the performance is. That was like it's a show burn and people were just playing the last episodes and really got hit by it recently, it was too late for it.
Speaker 2: To get I will love I will say though, for the Degenerates and Chat Best Mobile game nominee Uma Musume Pretty Derby, y'all can run with that. I've never played it. I just know that you guys like to talk about it. But no, the presentation just ended. I'll go through all those nominees that we talked about it tonight on my YouTube personal YouTube channel. But yes, that's where you can find me. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Excellent, all right, thank you so much. Let's see here we do a new pole question. Do you think that Zelda movie stills look good?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that on Game Es Mornings here on Giant Bomb on Wednesday. Speaking of Giant Bomb, today, we got to figure some stuff out.
Speaker 2: I think we might be doing Monday mornings Missed with Mitch.
Speaker 1: But also it's we intend to start up Missed three here pretty soon, and we'll see if Mike wants to start that now or next week. Also, I might have taken a kiddo to the doctor, so we'll see if I'm even.
Speaker 3: Going to be there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, it all, it's all good. It's normal stuff, but we should have Mega Manton. I. I think Mike is going to do Monday evening gaming at Mike's at night tonight.
Speaker 3: We'll see what he ends up playing.
Speaker 1: And well, our normal week, we'll have the BombCast, we'll have a Blight Club. We'll be back where Mike will be playing his Blight in the bank punishment.
Speaker 3: He's going to continue leisure Suit Larry h Box Office.
Speaker 2: Box Office plus. That reveal might be one of my favorite twists in YouTube history. That whole Dan is a master, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 3: It was He's a show showman for sure. Yep.
Speaker 1: I was very happy with how all that went. I will still have to go back to my Blight, which I can't even remember. Oh yeah, it's right, that's Sonic game. Yeah blast gross. All right, Well that all that all happened and more. This week we'll let you guys all know. We'll get some stuff posted to socials, including our calendar. But in the meantime, Jason, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 3: Man. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you having me. Sorry I couldn't come Friday, but I'm glad we got.
Speaker 3: To do stories.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely yeah we'll it can happen again real soon. Thank you all for watching, Thank you all for listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.