Speaker 1: Then we continue on Fred Rogan, Jonas Knox for Rodney on a five seventy LA Sports. Later this hour we will welcome in the Man, the Met, the Legend, Vic, What the day we Haiku and uh, probably a sumo update Jonas.
Speaker 2: I mean, hopefully you're a little kinder to him that you have been this week.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about here? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I just feel like, you know, he's got a he's got sort of a pace that he likes to keep when it comes to Sumo and Dodger's update and love and yesterday you wouldn't even let him get through the intros before you shut him down and insulted him. And it's like, I don't know if it had something to do with the callers who were asking how we were doing, because apparently that's an issue, So I don't know, It's just it's kind of a mixed bag what we've gotten with you here today so or this week. So hopefully you'll be a little nicer to him when.
Speaker 1: You come to well, we'll see, he'll be coming up later on in the hour. Now, let's walk him on from the La Times our buddy Dylan Hernandez, Dylan how are you today.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: How are you guys doing doing well? We'll start with a question Jonas proposes, after watching the CUB series, do you feel differently about the Dodgers' chances?
Speaker 3: I do, just because of how good Yamamoto look, you know, he and I know it was just four innings, you know, that said, you know, and it was even it wasn't even just about the results. Just kind of to me, he just had a different kind of mound presence about him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of times when guys come from Japan, you know, they're kind of cognizant of the fact that like, hey, like I'm you know, I'm stepping up to like a superior level of competition. Let me prove that I can kind of hang. He really kind of came out with some swagger, kind of like, hey, you know what these guys have to hit me? Here it is, you know, and he probably felt a little bit backed into a corner, you know, And I just thought, for the first time this year, you kind of at least had the makings of a guy who could be like a legitimate number one, you know. And I understand, like, look, his command's not going to be like that great every single time. I mean he was really talking about like dotty, you know, the fastball, but he was just you know, that kind of makes me think, Okay, if they can keep now these a big IF's right, if they can keep them healthy, you know, kind of keep them, make sure he makes the next three, you know, his next three schedule starts in the regular season, get them stretched out. Now you start to kind of think, like, man, they might really have a chance here, you know, because Flarity's pitched well, you know, theoretically, you know, glass Now could figure into the mix or you know, whether it's Kershaw or somebody else, you know that you can kind of fill in the back end of the rotation. But you know what, really, what they've kind of been lacking in recent years is that clear cut number one. And to me again for the first time this year, I saw Yamamoto and I kind of thought, like, this is somebody who could be.
Speaker 2: That guy and so on the subject of the rotation, if it was your wish, how would that rotation look like heading into the postseason?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, ideally glass Now comes back and you know it's uh, You've got Yama Moto flarity Glass now in some order for that division series. You know, you're gonna need a fourth guy in the next round. You know, I'm not sure kind of where Buehler is right now. It's kind of that fourth spot. You know. If you've kind of gone with the Dodger's history, they've kind of liked to do you know, or maybe not like to, but they've you know, resorted to kind of bullpen type games in certain situations. You know, I am kind of more optimistic, I think, probably than most people are on the Clayton Curge Shop. Maybe I've just seen him too long, but you know, kind of from what I hear, right, this isn't a shoulder issue, this isn't a back issue. It's really just kind of about the toe. And you know, he spoke to reporters a couple of days ago and talked about how, you know, I guess one of the cleats on his right was like right under that toe, and so sketchers is working to get them kind of like a new set where right that cleat has moved, and I know they've kind of done different things with orthotics, and so you know, if he can go and you know, right, you don't need him to be vintage Clayton. You're right, you don't need seven innings from him. If you can get a good four or five innings out of him in a start, you know, I think that's like a pretty decent player rotation there. And you know, really, again, the big guys are what matter, right Yamamoto Glass, Now, I think you need at least one of those guys. And again i'd be I'm just kind of really optimistic on how that looked like based on how good Yamamoto Ion looked in his comeback start.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I also wonder we were thrown around the idea of what does the closer situation look like? And we threw out Kope's name yesterday and then he goes out last night and could not find the strike zone. You could argue the Cubs probably bailed him out on the base pass with with you know, a couple of a couple of decisions there. But at this point, who do you trust to close out games? If if you've figured out the rotation, who do you trust on that back end? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean he is definitely their guy right now, right and he you know, he's going to be pitching to you know, kind of that heart of that order laden games, right, and so if it's you know, if the three four five hitters on the opposing team come up in the eighth inning, he'll pitch the eighth. If they're in the ninth inning, you'll kissed the ninth. But yeah, he's going to be kind of their their glue there, right, And so you know, I think you're kind of hoping at this point, you know, there are a couple of weeks left right in terms of time, maybe they can kind of get Grattarol going again. You know, he just came back, so uh but yeah, that is kind of a point of concern.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, I do think they have like these you know, I don't want to call them like surplus, but you kind of have like these extra starter types.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, you know, Bobby Miller is necessarily right, I don't think he's going to fit into their rotation plans. Walker Buehler. Maybe you run them out there, you know, in the next couple of weeks in a relief role and just kind of tell especially Bobby Miller, right, he's got this ridiculous arm. Just tell him, hey, just go out there, just go throw as hard as you can for that one inning. You know, all of a sudden, those hundreds could start becoming right one, those threes and stuff, and that that could change things.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that is kind of a point of concern. But yeah, Kobak's definitely their guy back there.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned Bobby Miller. I think he's one bad start away from not making a playoff roster.
Speaker 3: Dylan, Oh yeah no, And at this point, I mean he's probably not even no there, right, you know, but again, like the I do, I have kind of been on this thing, you know, I know that there have been a lot of hopes that the organization have pinned on Bobby Miller. I you know, I think Fred, you and I spoke at like the trade deadline. Right, to me, that would have been a type of guy to trade because he's got this really high ceiling. I do kind of view his future probably more at this point as a reliever, you know, where you kind of don't really have to because again, the arm talent is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's as good un arm as I think we've seen here maybe ever. Right, I mean it's it's an easy hundred, you know, and you take a guy like that and you just tell him, hey, just forget about trying to get to the fIF sisinning. Just go out there one inning, throw as hard as you can. You know, that could add a few miles to the fastball and all of a sudden you have yourself a star closer. So that is something I would at least look into if I were the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: If the bats go cold, and I'm not saying cold as in last year one for twenty eight or whatever the numbers were, do you trust this pitching staff to be able to win them games? Like, do they have a guy that you go, well, that's a shutdown starter that even if the offense isn't there, they're going to keep them in games throughout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So again, you know, I think I think Yamamoto is the guy, you know, and I'm basing this off beforeigning comeback start right, right, so you know, but to me, he kind of showed signs of that, and I do think, you know, again, this is a guy that they were describing when they signed him, right, and we just haven't seen this at all, Right, whether it was you know, early in the right early in the season. You know, I think you're right he picked a great game in Yankees Stadium that ultimately probably led to him getting injured. You know, he threw a bunch of you know, that's say he didn't really look himself in terms of like he added a slider that you know, is a pitch that he tried to avoid throwing in Japan because he felt like, you know, it had hurt his arm. You know, his velocity was kind of up. You know, what I really liked about this last start was obviously you know he was he was obviously nervous and you know, probably juwic stup in those first couple of innings you know where we saw the night seven ninety eight. What I thought was great was that when the velocity kind of came down a little bit more to normal levels when he's throwing ninety five, he was still getting strikes with that pitch, right, he was still getting strikeouts with that off that fastball. And so you know, to me, he can be that guy. But yeah, you're right, you know, I think you're gonna want some kind of offense, you know from obviously if you don't score, that's going to be a problem. You know, what I do think is kind of great about the lineup right now is just it's you've got the three MVPs at the top and then you know, and that's why Paskar Hernandez coming back. It's so important because now all of a sudden, that ads length right and the fact that you know, in recent games, you know, you've had like you know, there's been games like months he's been hitting like seventh, which is just ridiculous, you know, and so that kind of gives you threats kind of all the way up and down. Yeah, you know, this is going to be a challenge, you know, because the one thing is is that there they the Dodgers are used to getting the buy you know, in the first round. Obviously you take that every single time. The challenge is, you know, I don't think that you know, not playing in that wildcard round, that doesn't affect the pitching as much as it does the hitting. You know, and they obviously tried to do things last year in terms of kind of playing stem games to make sure the bets stayed warm.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Now this time I kind of think that just by the sheer volume of just kind of high end, you know hitters that they have that one of those guys at least going to kind of have to hit, and you know they always talk about hitting beings and tageous, so you know, maybe it might be a tawny one day, Coscar Hernandez the next. I mean, you still have Freeman events in there, you know, with Will Smith can kind of find it again. Obviously that gives you more length, you know, more options even there. So you know, I just kind of I really find it hard that this offense is going to be shut down completely the way it was last year.
Speaker 2: So in laying all that out, because there's so many unknowns and so many question marks, a lot of which I don't think that we anticipated them having at this point in the season, with the postseason right around the corner. Like how much pressure is there on Dave Roberts going into this year. I mean there's always pressure because he's the Dodgers manager. But Fred and I were talking about and I think he's done a hell of a job. But I wonder from people you talk to, is there if they don't get it done this year, he's got to go. Mentality with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's necessarily he has to go, you know, I don't think it's going to be, you know, if it doesn't work out, I don't you know, for him here. I don't think it's going to be one of those cases of well, you know, they lost because of Dave Roberts, right. I think it'll probably move be more or one of those things of, hey, he's kind of been around a while, you know, it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason. And you know, now again I would argue a lot of this is kind of a Rochester construction issue. But you know, just because he's been here so long, it kind of becomes one of these things, well, let's just bring in a new voice to kind of see how it works, right, And you know part of this there is a kind of a you know, business element to this too, right where I do think fans, you know, just that kind of year after year after you know, things kind of not working out, you know, uh, they kind of want change just for the sake of change. I don't think that's like a good way to go about things. And again I would argue, you know, this year, I mean when you think about all the things that have kind of gone wrong, right, and to me, this season is actually a lot of ways a reason why you do keep Dave Roberts around is I mean, everything that could go wrong almost has gone wrong at some point, and the fact that they're still in first place, at the fact that they still have a five game lead, the fact that it feels like business as usual even though it hasn't been at all. I do really think it's kind of a testament to kind of the environment that Dave Roberts has created and the expectations that he's kind of laid out for the team, you know. And I think ultimately, you know, again, you kind of you have these out account owners, right and like you know, where Mark Walter is obviously based in Chicago, He's not here every day, you know. And I think if you're the front office at this point, right, I mean, look, you let go of the manager, you're going to be next. I'm not really sure you're going to, you know, be rushing to bring the action any closer to you at this point. So I expect him to be back regardless of how this plays out. But yeah, you know, I think if it does happen, it'll be more just because he's been around so long and it's just like, Okay, let's bring in a new voice.
Speaker 1: Dylan Rnandez was so with the trade deadline, Flaherty comes in, Kopec comes in. I said, Uh, okay, that's great. Maybe the guy, the guy you really wanted was Tommy Edmund And uh it was kind of like when Trade Turner and Max Scherzer came here. Everybody was still over Max Shr's and I said, wait a minute, Trey Turner can play, all right. I think it's the same with Tommy Edmund. I think this is a guy, Dylan, that the Dodgers are going to want to keep around for years. Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, you know, because this is a guy that they have had their their eye on for a while, right, And this is the type of guy I think that, you know, one of the reasons this organization has been successful. It's kind of finding that type of guy, right. I mean, you know, you're talking about the month season. You know, I know Chris Taylor hasn't been great this year, but you know, they got it a lot out of Chris Taylor given where he came from, you know. And Edmund, I think it's like one of those guys they identified him, right, This was a guy that they wanted over the winter just couldn't get him. And yeah, he's got some pop in his bad right.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The other day they you know, Roberts bad at him clean up get a couple of home runs, you know, obviously defensively, he cleans up a lot of things for them, you know. And I think, you know, that's kind of another kind of aspect here, right, I mean, it was highlighted the other night when you know, they butchered a bunch of plays, right what it was that, you know, two nights ago, you know. But yeah, I think, you know, I totally agree with you. That is the type of guy that kind of seems to kind of fit in here, type of like you know, unspoken glue guy. And yeah, I could definitely see him, you know, if the Dodgers can find a way to keep him here for a while. My guess is that they will.
Speaker 2: Who's an under the radar player on the Dodgers that maybe is going to be bigger in the postseason than people anticipate, that's not getting a lot of attention or coverage right now.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe Will Smith. You know, it's kind of weird to call him like under the risk that like he's an all star player, right, but you know, he kind of has seemed to have kind of worn down a little bit as the kind of the season's gone on. This is probably, you know, in some ways one of the most challenging stretch of his career. And you know, again, just because there's so many other big names in the Dodgers lineup, you're kind of like, I think there's kind of this expectation. Okay, you know, they can they can win without him kind of hitting. But you know, when this guy's on, I mean, he is a tremendous offensive catcher. You know. I do think he's also kind of made improvements behind the plate, you know, both in terms of pitch calling and just kind of receiving. So yeah, I think, you know, if they if there, if this is, if this thing kind of goes all the way, he's going to be a big part of it for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dylan, appreciate you jumping on. Thanks for the time today.
Speaker 3: All now, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, there goes our buddy, Dylan Hernandez. At the time. So when I said, has your view changed, you know, you said in the first hour, yeah, I'm concerned. I asked Dylan, has his view changed? He goes, Yeah, I'm more encouraged than ever. I think you're the issue.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, My whole point was it just seems like every game this series, another threat hopped up. Yeah, like you feel good about Yamamoto. Man, what a start, and then you go, oh god, defensively they could struggle at times, and then it's like, yeah, but you know, at least the bats are getting hot, and you know they've they've figured it out, and you know, in this game and Tommy Edmond's rolling and then oh god, the closer almost had a meltdown on the mouth. Like it just it just felt like there were things that popped up and a lot of this is gonna get sorted out. They're going to Atlanta for a four game series. You know, if you come away winning three or four at Atlanta, that's a wrap. Folks, Like you're probably you've probably iced the division out if you haven't already, and they're going to be rolling and then they've got you know, San Diego and those games don't mean as much, you know, coming up next to in the next couple of weeks. So I'm just trying to listen. I just want to make sure we get everything covered here all right, So there are no surprises, and so none of the callers call up and piss you off and put you in a bad mood and then you in turn take it out on Vic. That's the whole thing I'm trying to accomplish here.
Speaker 1: Well, if I do, maybe VIC should call Jacob. Driving around town the other day, I noticed Jacob's billboard. Have you seen him? You know what I'm talking about. Jacob's picture the real deal, and that's where Jacob is. If you're injured in an accident, you need an attorney. You want an attorney who was respected and you know that is Jacob. You want an attorney who's been helping Southern Californian since Del Harris was coach of the Lakers. That's Jacob. He want an attorney who didn't help just put his name on the advertising. You want one who was involved every day, helps you get the settlement you deserve. That is Jacob. And if you need an attorney, you want an attorney that the insurance companies fear and trust me. The insurance companies know Jacob is the real deal. So if you've been injured in any type of accident, don't accept that first settlement offer from the insurance company called Jacob because he is the real deal. Call Jacob at eight four four to twenty four Jacob eight four four twenty four Jacob, or visit called Jacob dot com and make sure you're following. Call Jacob on Instagram and Facebook for prizes, insight and more. Okay, so, if you're playing in a beer league or an amateur league, you're short one guy, you go to social media and you just post, Hey, we got a championship game. We're down a guy. Can you help us out? Who do you think would show up? Let's talk about that net throw Back Thursday, Jonas and for Rodney Today, Quick, let me do this. Today's California Community College a spotlight features former All Pro defensive cu played all but one of his twelve NFL seasons with the Raiders, making three All Pro teams and winning a Super Bowl Championship in his rookie year in eighty three. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aid is available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take the next big step. Classes can feel quickly, so en roll today at I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 2: Man Greg Townsend. I remember him.
Speaker 1: Boy, he's a big boy, great player. He really was good guy too, really good guy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's hell of a career. Like if you I mean, I don't if you would argue Hall of Fame, but he's got one hundred and nine and a half sacks in his career. Like, he's got the All Pros, he's got a Super Bowl. I mean, jeez, I mean, you know, that's a pretty impressive run there, Fred for your Raiders.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he was not under the radar. I'll say that. Earlier we talked about the new PAC twelve, which is going to become the Pack six. I just got an alert. Two more teams want to join the new Pack. If they can. No, they'd have to get out of their current deal, their current conference alignment. Yeah, but if they could, they would. That's Kellen Stanford who just left.
Speaker 2: I mean, who just left. This is why I'm over it. I just I can't deal with this crap anymore. Like figure it. I'm so tired of conference realignment. I'm sick of it. I'm tired. It's like we can't just like settle on one thing in college football without We've got to add in different elements to try and change the whole thing up. It's like, are we going to expand the fourteen playoff? Okay, fine, we'll do a twelve team. We haven't even done the twelve team playoff and people have already looked into well, why don't we just do as sixteen afterward? Can we just like establish some ground here and do that first before we start adding everything else. We're look, what three weeks into the college football season and now the Pac twelve decides they want to go ahead and add some other teams. And now it's Callen Stanford, who let just I'm done with it, man, Like enough, I just want to know what's the plan. Let's stick with it, and then let's just go with that.
Speaker 1: Well, no matter where Callen Stanford end up, it doesn't affect us in Los Angeles because they're basically dead, does anyway? Jesus, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: What's your problem?
Speaker 1: I've got no problem. Why I hate Cal?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because Cal? Because Cal forced UCLA to pay him bag money to go to the Big Ten. Because Cal whined like a bunch of babies. So the Board of Regents in the state of California said, oh, you can't go to the Big Ten unless you give Cal some of that money because they didn't want Cal because Cal blows geez. But Cal whined and UCLA, who made its own deal and rightfully so. Now how they do in the Big Ten, that's another question. But they earned the right to make that deal. Now they have to give some of their money to Cal because poort Cal was upset because you Sela left and didn't tell Cal first and give them a chance to go when nobody wanted Cal. Anyway, go back and play with Boise State. Now, go back, go back to the pack that you let fifteen seconds ago, and go play with Boise State in San Diego State.
Speaker 2: Damn, Fred, I didn't know you were just fired up about it. I didn't know we had a gripe against Cal.
Speaker 1: Well, my problem with Cal is this, it's ransom. It's ransom. They held them for ransom, and I think that's wrong. I mean, if the Big Ten was looking for the school that produced the best nuclear scientists, Ucla probably wouldn't be invited, but it would be Cal. And then would Cal have to pay Ucla because the Big ten wanted the nuclear scientists. No, they wouldn't pay him that's Cal's problem. It's their problem. Their athletic program blows geez, but it does and it is and that's the problem. So deal with it. Stop whining, go back, go play in the new pack whatever it is. Now. You enjoyed going to pull them in Washington. Then it's quite apparent when you were in the old PAC twelve. Go back and play again.
Speaker 2: I didn't know we were in attack mode today. I thought we were going to finish off the show and everybody was going to be in a pleasant mood. And then here we are, you attacking cow who didn't do anything to you. I mean, they're just minding their own business. They see an opportunity to maybe come back, and instead of letting them back in, you got to stomp them out here live on the air. No, it's fortune.
Speaker 1: Come back, come back, come back to the conference. Nobody watches come back. You're gonna get blown out in the East. Come back here there, you got your wish. And then when you go back to the PAC twelve, give UCLA back its money. Then then we'll be square and everything will be whole.
Speaker 2: So you're sticking up for UCLA in this, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'm sticking up I'm sticking up for UCLA, and I'm sticking up for the fact that col acted like a bunch of whiners, and the California Board of Regents said, Oh no, this is unfair, unfair to who? Who's it unfair to who? Why don't you give Santa Barbara money, Ucla? Why don't you give cal State Northridge money? Unfair to them too? No, just a cow, just a cow once you get Fresno State money. No, just to count, that's what it is. You gotta get cow money. Awful? Wow?
Speaker 2: True, good for you. How about you see Santa Cruz the banana slugs. Why did you give the slugs a couple of doles?
Speaker 1: Why don't we do that? Give them some money too? Oh, it's not unfair to them. Who's an unfair to cow? Oh? Just unfair to cow? Want you give all the money to everybody? But you don't have to do that. That's absurd. Well, who do we have to give it to cow? Just give it to cow. That's wrong, that's wrong, honest. But do you feel better now?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this real quick. So look, you're you're in a beer league, you're in an amateur league. You're an adult league. You know, sometimes you need players, and really, what are the rules of the adult league. If you bring a couple of ringers in here or there, it's fine, everybody gets what it is. You just go out right up and down, try to win some games more competitive than others. Yeah, there's a hockey team. They need a goalie for the playoffs. Whatever reason they need a goalie. Maybe their guy got sick, maybe he had to go out of town for work. They need a goalie. They post something on Facebook. Hey, we're just saying, anybody play goalie, show up eight o'clock games at nine and come help us out. You know, we're in the playoffs. This guy walks in. Guy walks in. Maybe some people know, maybe some people don't, puts on the pads, goes out, skates pretty well. Interesting, you know, little pregame warm up. Wow, this guy looks like he can play. He's pretty good. He is former NHL goalie Roberto Lawano. Oh yeah, he shows up in a Beer League game.
Speaker 2: Guy, just seeen eaton pasta out of the Stanley Cup because the Panthers won it and he's a part of the front office there, right.
Speaker 1: He shows up, puts on his pads. He goes, let's play that win the championship. Thank you. Good for him, Roberto Lawando showed up to play.
Speaker 2: I mean, good for him. But did anybody score on him? I would hope not.
Speaker 1: Because I don't four two They won four two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so somebody did score on yeah. Wow. Well, I mean, look, you'd at least they you give up a couple of goals. Not ideal, but yeah, they won the game. And I would also say this, that is a real thing where people will bring in a ringer, Like I remember I was we were playing pick up basketball at the Thousand Oaks Community Center, sure years and years ago, over by Thousand Oaks High School, and I remember this guy walks in and it was almost like they pretended like the other team pretended like they didn't know him, and like, all right, well, I guess he can play. And I kind of thought something was funny. And I start telling the guys I'm playing, like, hey, this doesn't seem like something about this seems fishy, Like why why would it seem fishy? He just happens to be here. I'm like, okay, well, how about the fact that like he's six ' six really good and not white, Like, how about that? Maybe that's a dead giveaway that there's something that's not, you know, not on the up. Guy destroyed us.
Speaker 1: Or maybe the guy just moved into the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: No, my ass, the guy destroyed us. Like I got posterized at one point like there was nothing you could do. So yeah, to your point, ringers in a beer league or a pickup league, not outside the realm of possibilities. But if you're gonna do one, do Roberta Lauongo? All right? Bring him in to try and get a big one in a playoff game. Good for him. That was solid, just a down to earth guy.
Speaker 1: Yep, showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got Who's who showed in the Facebook post? Like Who's like, hey, would you would you be thinking about doing this? And he's like, yeah, screw why not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe he was looking for recipes for Tamali's on Facebook and then he just saw the act. Wait what you know everybody posts recipes on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Why do you have Roberta Lauongo looking for Tamali's.
Speaker 1: You don't know what he likes? See, okay, he played in Florida. I mean, you don't know. I don't know. Maybe he was looking for just a recipe for checking palmersant. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And by the way, everybody knows Tomali seasons not for like another two months, so so.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that. Yeah, all right, let's have some spirituality. Let's bring on Brick with brick, Let's bring on Vic with the daily haikup. Come on, Victor, brick.
Speaker 4: His mantra, get me to Blue October and everything's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: I really I can't do it anymore. Man, it's so rude. Except rude.
Speaker 1: We just want to give him his full time, So don't tease him and then go to break. Jonas is in today for Rodney, and let's get Vic back on here real quick. Come on, vict.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that Dodgers Cubs game last night. Look at me.
Speaker 2: I'm still a wreck.
Speaker 4: Survive the feisty covey But then MoU local first ding I mean Bobby Miller gives up two. Then Otani number forty seven, tay Oscar Hernandez welcome back the Way of Tay with a single, and then power for the People. Edmund Smith Munsey on Max's Bobblehead Night, go back to back to back later on Otani a big two run single, Luxei a large Jobbi single, but then the Bellinger michiganas for the three run homer, game is tied. It's back and forth as Evan flowers in and yang, and there's Edmund Tommy with a two run blast. He slugs a pair of homers on back to back games. Are you kidding me? Imagine if Tommy had a sprint trading, then Copack Copack is wild walking three guys. I mean my beloved bride, Yuko left the room saying it's my fault. It's my fault. I told you it's not your fault.
Speaker 1: What does she do? She left the room.
Speaker 4: If you couldn't take it, Copeck was wild. You know at three walks the Dodgers walk ten guys. I said, don't worry, Copeck will settle in. And then Suzuki tried to steal third and Will Smith nailed them.
Speaker 1: What a sue decision by Suzuki?
Speaker 2: Down you man. They cost themselves on the base paths twice.
Speaker 1: So you're down. You need runs? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well? Thank you Suzuki Domo Arigatto for that blunder gigantic upshot Dodgers, win Otani San home run number forty seven for forty eight stolen bases, Return of the Way of tay tay Oscar a couple of hits, and Tommy Edmund home run binge onto Atlanta with landon knack tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know where that leads us to.
Speaker 4: Well, before we get to the source for it. Quick Sumo day four updated. All right, all right, Takeyasu the bear loses to Nishkigi. Takeyasa's gonna bear back. He drops it. Two and two. Midori Fuji the little guy, great move by the edge, but there was a mona wee the monowhee. The judges had to confer and they either validate the call on the dojo or they overturn it. The judges confirmed the call. Tomawashi beats Midori Fuji.
Speaker 1: When you say, when you say the little guy, what is he like five to four?
Speaker 4: No, he's like five eight, maybe two fifty. Another mona week with Aura and Wakataka kage an Aura and the pink Mowashi went out and Wakataka Kagi picks up the wind because another mono e, as a judge is confirmed, showed eye beats Waka Takahu showed eye is four and oh, he says, get me my old don He's hungry all the time. He wants to eat. He's four and oh. I'll show you losers again, this time to the Flying Monkey Toby Zaru. The fivery Mongolian loses his balance in the ring, upset as Toby Zarro beats, I'll show you and quickly. You guys watched the VMA's last night, the Video Music Awards.
Speaker 1: But you know that leads us to right.
Speaker 4: But I just want to give some love. It was an Elmont, New York last night on Long Island, Taylor Swift. The big video of the Year ties Beyonce now with thirty VMAs or thirty Video Music Awards. So that's a that's a beautiful thing. Another beautiful thing is a high code for you. On the stir Stay September the twelfth. It's from kick Kayu. K i hey a yu kei kayu ki kayu go something like this This autumn day is done a single solitary owl smiles at the setting sun. Woooo kick Kayu, I'm feeling you.
Speaker 1: Ki Kaya did not make that. Yeah, no, we know Kikaya did not make that sound awesome is it. Huh is it autumn? Is this autumn?
Speaker 2: No? Not yet?
Speaker 1: But why imber doing an autumn hiku? Fred? You know what. I hate to break the bad news to you, but we are in autumn. Really this autumn?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought autumn was the twenty first or twenty second. I mean, who carest wave left?
Speaker 4: Man? What's that heat wave left?
Speaker 1: That's taught him all right? Even taught him all right? Who Thank you vig Ron, A great job. Thank you Adam, wonderful filling in for Kevin and Jonah. Thanks for the week. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I appreciate you guys having me. Let's do it again next week. What do you say, Fred?
Speaker 1: Got it? Let's do it