Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let your taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 3: But your freaking idiots all right, Hey, I remember about fifteen minutes left to throw a vote in for you say it? We play at JR our facebook page if you have not done that yet. This morning's featured artist Slipknot. Three song choices there, Hick. One of them, the one with the most votes. We will play back at nine and then Taco Bob will spin the wheel of randomness and if it lands on you, you.
Speaker 2: Win Metallica tickets.
Speaker 1: And from the looks of the amount of votes at the JR Facebook page, people are ready to win those Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Vote through which Slipknot tune you want to hear? One vote is what you get. Go for it, plead and we'll have these all week. By the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go over to the UK in North Wales, in the tiny town of Wexham Village.
Speaker 2: What we got going on there?
Speaker 3: Frustrated residents have well, I guess you could say they've taken matters into their own hands regarding a main stretch of road through their small village that is desperately in need of repair.
Speaker 2: It's full of potholes. Yeah, big time.
Speaker 1: There's a pothole on my street that's been there for going on two weeks now.
Speaker 2: Pretty pretty deep sucker.
Speaker 3: This and I have some pictures of what's going on in Wrexham Village on our jr. Facebook page if you want to get a visual on this. They're having a little bit of fun by declaring their small village a new tourist destination called pothole Land, where they've put up a sign welcoming visitors to the attraction featuring quote the deepest, longest, widest potholes in all of Wales.
Speaker 2: I see the post that you put up two.
Speaker 3: Kilometers of award winning potholes with very little actual road to spoil your fun.
Speaker 1: It's this big, you know, like you see signs on the side of the road. This thing's pretty massive. Pothole Land with three stars on it.
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Who's the famous actor or musician who filled the pothole.
Speaker 2: In their street? Was that? Was it? Not Arnold? Actually? I think Arnold did was doing street repair.
Speaker 1: Arnold Schwartzenegg and somebody else did it as well. Like a musician or.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine percent sure it was Arnold. You're right on that.
Speaker 3: But then there's been other stories we've had where people have planted, like Christmas trees and stuff in potholes. Yeah, and things they've been there so long they start growing out of there till the cities finally get oh, maybe.
Speaker 2: We should do something about mm hmm, pothole land.
Speaker 1: All right, let me see, I just googled famous actor who fixed Itn't it?
Speaker 3: It was Arnold Aie Yep. Okay. You ever gone for a job interview and maybe have it not go the way you expected because you were perhaps asked a question you were anticipating, or perhaps ran into some sort of unanticipated barrier.
Speaker 1: A lot of employers will do that now, where they just throw a question out of left field, just like whoom where to see what your reaction would be, how well you think on your toes.
Speaker 3: A bunch of potential employees have all had the same. They're referring to it as a bizarre interview request that takes place if you make it to the face to face interview process for this where it's an energy supplier power company type deal in somewhere in England.
Speaker 1: Aren't there a lot of tricks now? Because you said make it face to face, but where you're interviewing and it's AI generated, so you have to I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to get in the weeds. That is a thing, am I correct? Yes?
Speaker 3: There are somewhere you think you're being interviewed by a human and it's it's it's a lot. But so here's the process for this energy company. They your initial application is put in online, right, you go through a screening process there. If you make it through that, they whittle it down to some candidates that are given face to face interviews, and they generally have those at their offices and folks show up and you go in for the face to face. At one point during the interview, all the candidates are asked the same thing, Could you please sing a song for me?
Speaker 2: No problem?
Speaker 3: You would think you that's not something you would expect to be asked to do. But if if someone asked you to do that, would you be able to be quick enough to respond and spew something.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say it have to be good.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be a professional vocalist. This is just the company claims. This is I think on your feet exercise. Can you You know.
Speaker 1: They want to know if there's a power outage, how you're gonna think on your feet?
Speaker 2: So sing us a song?
Speaker 3: You just responded, the power will be restored by three o'clock tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 2: No, but you can put that in the song. Fun. Power's back on. Hello, residence of Pothole Town. We got power. You gotta remember I'm the lead singer of JST.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, that's what you really, I mean you are. It's an area of expertise for you. That's junior swat team from when Bob was pre pre pubescent.
Speaker 1: Teen we were there was a swat team already. It was, you know, like our older siblings and people that we really admired, who smoked pot. Yeah, and then we we I didn't have an older sibling on the original swat team, but you still aspired nonetheless.
Speaker 2: Yes, Delta Dave did so.
Speaker 1: Then we became JST and we had hit singles. You may have heard some like Bloody Boogers and Smelly Farts and over the years.
Speaker 2: Can you smile?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you sing us a little bit of that? Pretend we're doing an interview, could you? Mister is it is it Bob? Is your last name Bob? Yes, yes, it's Taco Bob. Could you please sing a little bit of your favorite song for me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go with the JST original JST what's that? As Junior Swat Team. They were big back in the eighties with their hit single Bloody Buggers and Smelly.
Speaker 2: Farts him Rody Buggers It smelly fall.
Speaker 1: That's about all that we have in that one. But I can sing you anything you can. Still it's still a work in progress.
Speaker 2: I know it's it's a hit.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows it around It's it's even bigger in Europe. But listen, we got jingles.
Speaker 2: I'm good at.
Speaker 1: You can roll a roll o to your friend, or you can roll a roller to your pal. It's chucklate covered caramel. And then you have the other one, which is uh for some Hello mother, Hello father, Greetings from Camp Hilloa the swimming school here. But this place is not like home. I missed my fresh clean I was hellow cases.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say I'm hired. You've got the job.
Speaker 3: But anybody who's a loyal listener this show knows he's not going to accept because he's not a europe dude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. You would have to move to Europe to work for this energy company.
Speaker 1: That's why I was surprised that JST was even big in Europe because I'm not a europe dude. Somebody said karaoke's a deal breaker. Not happening. Somebody else just sing happy Birthday.
Speaker 3: Which they point out, Yeah, he's just it's not how good you are, it's can you do it? And they got thrown off by this. Yeah, I think it's in some ways genius.
Speaker 1: You remember when I was driving with my daughter, she's probably it's my youngest daughter, she was probably in sixth grade. I had picked her up and uh, and I busted out because JST was re evolving the band Sure reunion tour, Yeah, totally yeah, And it was the tour of Anyway and Harvester of Sorrow came on j R R.
Speaker 2: Of course you have a version of that, the Jazz t version.
Speaker 1: Harvester but air and she goes, eh, gross, what did you just say?
Speaker 3: Well, the short lived TikTok outage, of course, freaked out millions when it abruptly was shut off shortly before midnight Saturday night, and then only to be turned back on after executive order assured seventy five days leeway to try to comply with the mandated sale to a non Chinese entity. Sounds like something is moving in that direction. I guess we'll find out. But anyway, it was enough to have one Wisconsin teenager becomes so bent out of shape he tried to burn down his local congressman's office.
Speaker 4: We got a call early this morning. Apparently last night, around one o'clock, some nineteen year old from a nash She came down and decided to try to set our office on fire. They didn't get in the office, but nevertheless there was a lot of smoke in the office, which is obviously going to result in a lot of damage. A lot of the siding, an air conditioner look like they're quite damaged.
Speaker 2: But I suppose in today's.
Speaker 4: World, you know, things just keep getting worse, and rather than just call my office and saying let's open up TikTok, he decided to try to burn it down.
Speaker 2: I talked to people, and this is all.
Speaker 3: It's it's all that story on our Lunch and Taco blog a WJR dot com on the Facebook page as well.
Speaker 2: If you want more and some visuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the pothole land or whatever story JR Or Facebook page. But I talked to somebody who in this all went down. They go, oh my god, this official TikTok is off. I go, if you're really concerned with that, I think you need to check yourself. This kid's burning down a congressman's office.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to Yeah, did he TikTok? Now he couldn't. So it's the point, Bud, you know it was.
Speaker 3: It is funny because I'm look, Yes, our station has a TikTok account, and from time to time you'll see us contribute to that. But I don't do TikTok on my own. I just don't. Bob doesn't either, But even I but Saturday night, when I saw that story pop up, I was like, well, even though I don't it, it literally is giving the hint right in the the notification that something else is in play there that they were working on a resolution with the incoming. And sure enough, a few hours later, it's temporarily back up for now they try to sort through. It wasn't enough time, though, to prevent the Congressman's office from being set on fire, you're if you're that you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you exactly if you're if you're that concern that's going away. I mean, I know these influencers and I watched one and go, well, I have an entire community that I'm gonna lose.
Speaker 3: We some people do and run a lot of their business base through TikTok, and I can see that out there, sure, making.
Speaker 2: A ton of money on it. But man, sing me a song, pack, sing me a song. I'm the piano. Man fockstation is w j R R