Speaker 1: People spread out all over the mountains, taking all the land and eating all the food. Animals didn't have any place to go. Eagle, chief of the animals, told the animals that they could not remain in their traditional places because people had taken them. He asked them where they wished to go. Eagle said, what are you going to become?
Speaker 2: What will you be?
Speaker 1: I myself am going to fly high up in the air and live on squirrels and sometimes on deer. Harryman said, I will go live among the big trees and hunt only at night when people are asleep. Dog said I will stay with people and be their friend, and I will follow them, and perhaps I will get something.
Speaker 2: To eat in that way.
Speaker 1: Buzzard said, when something dies, I will smell it. I will go there and eat it. Crow said, when I see something lying dead, I will pick out its eyes. Coyote said, I will go about killing grasshoppers. That is how I will live. Hummingbird said, I will go to the flowers and get my food from them. Conwar said I will not stay here. I will go far off into the mountains. Perhaps I will find something to eat there. Woodpecker said, I will get acorns and make holes in the trees to store them in. Bou Jay said, I am going to make trees grow over the hills.
Speaker 2: I will work.
Speaker 1: Rat said, I will go where there are old trees and make my house in them. Mouse said, I will run here, there and everywhere. I shall have holes, and perhaps I can live in that way. Traut said, I will live in the water, and perhaps I can find something to eat there. That was the time when animals stopped being like us and scattered it.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Hey guys, and welcome to episode twenty episode twenty two. I'm your host Austin, and I'm Mike, and he's also a host. I am a host, as established last episode, and if you didn't listen to last episode, episode twenty one, this is going to be feeding off of that, and that episode is going to be feeding off its previous episode.
Speaker 1: Which fed off the episode before.
Speaker 2: That, which fed off the episode for the before that. So and go back in time and subscribe to our podcast on Stitcher, on Spotify, Pandora, and durist box, fast Box. Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: We're on every major podcasting platform. And I just got to say we have I've been ticking up with our weekly number of listeners, it's been awesome.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. It's very encouraging to see that. And if you're just listening in for the first time to go to the original episodes, welcome, listen to the cattle mutilation ones. Yeah, but give us a little graint of out. We're figuring ourselves out. We're in the adolescence of our.
Speaker 1: As Austin would say, and I say often, we are hacks.
Speaker 2: I don't say that, you say that.
Speaker 1: I do say that because we're not professional podcasters. We don't know what the heck we're doing, or actually we didn't know what the heck we are doing.
Speaker 2: And now we think we know. We're like we're like teenagers. We know everything right now? We know everything?
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, no, I think we know a little bit enough just to be dangerous. But also our mindset is we don't know what everything we're gonna do, or what we're gonna know, or how we're gonna do it, or what we're gonna say.
Speaker 2: But we do know that we're gonna learn more and we're gonna get better and better. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And we're gonna have some good drinks and you're going to keep waving some salami wrapped and pepper jack cheese at me. You made this for me. It's really awesome. It's so good, so simple.
Speaker 1: So tonight we're gonna turn the corner a little bit from you know, kind of the modern view of Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: The daisies and the rabbits and the welcome to Oregons.
Speaker 1: Or maybe even the more the fairy is, yes, you can take a drink if you're playing our drinking game. The more nefarious reports that come out of places like the national parks where people go missing, or where people have been abducted and brutalized by Big Four.
Speaker 2: Where Teddy Roosevelt's friend died, got mrked or his partners.
Speaker 1: His friends, his friend's partner got yeah, gork bitten in the karateid artery with fame, was.
Speaker 2: It karated whatever?
Speaker 1: What's the one that runs in your drink, it's that big one we're in there.
Speaker 2: I think it's karateid. Yeah, yeah, because that's the karated holt where you kind.
Speaker 1: Of choke people out. But today we are going to, as you heard in the opening, we are going to be investigating some of the earliest reports in North America of the creature that has modernly been called.
Speaker 2: Big sasquatchas snowman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those guys. And what's really cool about the Native American culture and history and mythology is that it includes not just like one or two or five or ten thousand types of creatures that could be called bigfoot or sasquatch, but there are literally hundreds of names for creatures in Native American mythology that equals Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Let's say that the two words are salami bagel, and then you translate that from Native American to English, it would be like bigfoot or is it just salami bagel equals the thing we associate with bagfoot.
Speaker 1: So the Native American names range from anything from hairy giant to harry Man to ice giant to rock giant to cannibal giant.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can just go down the lists. It doesn't literally translate to bigfoot, but it translates to the same thing as what we understand is it does.
Speaker 1: It does in one instance, which is the instance that we read the dramatic reading that we had as the.
Speaker 2: Opener about all the animals from the parting from the ways of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yo Kut tribe in the San Mulquin valley has a long history and actual Indian names for that can be translated as Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: And I want to mention right now a little bit of virtue signaling on my part. We're not good with pronunciation though, and we're not good with p see slang, whatever, Indian, Native American, native people, native Indian, whatever, whatever it's supposed to be used. Just give us. That's what we're trying to do. Give us. You're going to use as many different ones as possible so that we can cover.
Speaker 1: All our We love you all, and we don't want to offend anybody. So if we are in any way, shape or form, please forgive us in advance.
Speaker 2: We just people, We just some people.
Speaker 1: So strangely enough, the Yokuts tribe in the San Joaquin Valley in California had names that actually for this creature that actually translate to Bigfoot and or hairy man. The hairy man translation comes from the word mayuk de tat. I mean, I guess I'm saying that right.
Speaker 2: It's there's not a lot of like pronunciation guide or Facebook for these ancient ancient one two pronunciation right, so that would.
Speaker 1: Be translated hairyman mayok dytad and then the other one for bigfoot. The actual word bigfoot is shoon shoon nooter. It's like shoon shoon newt and then are with an exclamation plate, So maybe shoon shun yeah, something like that. But anyway, that translates in the Yoku language to bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So in that little opening, little reed that we did that kind of explains the origination of the animals and how they live. The was it the second or third description of the hairy man and he lives among the the large trees, which could be translated sequoias.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and this originates from a tribe in the San Joaquin Valley. So there's a very rich history of bigfoot sidings and sasquat sidings in that region. And I just find that really really crazy. So here we have a story that's thousands of years old, and it's been translated and passed down sure, But here, all of a sudden, we find in this story and the creation story of how animals became the way they are because man took over the environment.
Speaker 2: Because they used to be kind of like people used to like discuss and dialogue together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when man came in, then all of a sudden, they had.
Speaker 2: To like scatter get out here. And the hairy man says that he's going to to live with the sequoias and he's going to hunt at night when the humans are sleep, when they're asleep.
Speaker 1: I find that that kind of intriguing. Another intriguing part of that. So you think about the creation story and you have all these animals, and then at the fall, if you look at the biblical methods, at the fall, all of a sudden, it says in Genesis it talks about that the fear of man will overtake the animals, and all of a sudden, the animals are no longer like in are in harmony with humankind, and it's like they're separated. And and then after the flood you have where all of a sudden, now man is a meat eater, and before the flood he was he was vegan.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh all right.
Speaker 1: So so it's all these things are kind of weird that you know that this is all kind of boiled down into this myth.
Speaker 2: This the snake. We're crawling on his belly and he'll no longer talk, right, Andy, a thing for all animals?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean, so I bought this book. And the book is called Giants, Cannibals and Monsters Bigfoot in Native Culture and it's by Kathy Moscowitz Strain. And oh my gosh, this book is awesome. It's got pictures, which is important to me because I'm one of those readers. Right, It's got all these pictures, and but it's looking down by different you know, regions, and you can kind of find all these stories that relate to Bigfoot in North America. And there's a map that breaks them down into these different regions. Like one of them is the Arctic Cultural Region, So in that region you have a lot of history, like like the Eskimo tribes. And then another like you have like the Sioux, you have the Commanche, you have all these different Indian tribes and they're legends of a creature that is basically the same as Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: So they have the Hairy Man, you have the rock Giant, you have the Hairy Giant, you have the cannibal Giant. You have all these strange stories about these mythical creatures from Native American lore.
Speaker 2: Right, you read one earlier about just kind of off mic about giants basically having a war yep. Like so basically but nice, kind friendly giants taking in a group of people and then fighting against against cannibal giants that could scream so loud it would kill people that were small. And it sounds like these giants were huge giants. I mean like like at one point you talked about how they hid the normal sized people.
Speaker 1: On a shelf in their wigwam, then there were the size of a mountain.
Speaker 2: Yep. Have you ever seen or read the book BFG, it's about these giants. I don't know what BFG stands for, but if you've ever seen Boondock Saints, PFG to me just means big friggin guy. But giant he hides is kind of a kind giant takes this kid and he like keeps her safe, and the giants don't eat vegetables, so he like stuffs the girl inside of like a kind of a gorgon.
Speaker 1: Type thing because they like to eat humans, because.
Speaker 2: They want to eat humans, and they're they're huge. And the one giant comes in and makes a mess of his giant apartment and then he's hiding the girl inside a gourg type weird vegetable. Well, one thing I think the giant does. Yeah, he like doesn't know all the right words, but he kind of like tries, so he calls him like human beings being, but it's not being.
Speaker 1: So is this like a work of fiction or is this based on some.
Speaker 2: It's Kids book? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well interesting do you say that? So I want to draw some parallels here. So we're talking about giants that are cannibals. We're talking about good giants and bad giants. And and for those that listen to the episodes, just what two or three episodes back, and we talked about the Nephelin and the raf Am and basically these gods or angels that saw that women were beautiful and they cohabited with him and produced offspring that became you know, the giants, the men of Renown or the Nephelom in the biblical context. So some of them sound like maybe they weren't so bad, and some of them were really bad, which in the biblical context brought about the destruction of the world through judgment and the flood, the Great Flood. But in these Native American legends, there's always these cannibal giants which are always juxtaposed to maybe these these good benevolent giants. So like in the Book of Enoch and the story of the Watchers, you have these these creatures, and it was it was even brought out by in that movie Noah with Russell Crowe, and I put a segment of that on one.
Speaker 2: Of our episodes. And so these guys, these.
Speaker 1: Fallen angels came down and they actually like tried to help mankind, but they were cursed because they left their abode, right, But some of them came down, and in the Book of Enoch, a lot of these characters are bad. And the offspring of these of these angels that cohabited with women were violent and they were cannibals and destructive and awful. So it's almost like you've got that same story in Native American culture. You got these giants that were huge but weren't necessarily you know, bad, right, and then you have this other these other tribes.
Speaker 2: And we talked about that.
Speaker 1: A lot of Bigfoot researchers believe that maybe Bigfoot are composed of like a bunch of different tribes of Bigfoot type of creatures. Some of them maybe have good characteristics, some of them maybe are bad or really nefarious. So these stories from Native American history and mythologies kind of support that they all kind of tie together, and it's just really intriguing to me to see how they kind of marry up right, And maybe it's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of self fulfilling prophecy because we're looking forward to draw the links where we feel like we could, because you could probably draw aling to a bunch of other things. But it's kind of cool the way how easily these links come up for us, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and you hear them and see him and you're like, oh okay. So not only that, but like in a lot of Native American mythologies and different tribes, there are these creation myths or creation stories a lot.
Speaker 2: Of cultures, not just Native amath.
Speaker 1: Tons, right, yeah, but we're talking mostly Native American stuff this episode. So even like in the the Sioux Indians, they have this creation myth that's very interesting and it kind of has a feature of a bigfoot type creature. They called him the chia Tunka or big man, And in this little description it says that the chia and Tunka or big Man is a kind of husband who is wise in the way of everything, with its own natural wisdom sometimes we say that this one is kind of an animal from the ancient times who can take a big, hairy form. I all so think he can change into a coyote. Some of the people who saw him did not respect what they were seeing, and they are already gone. They exist in another dimension from us, but can appear in the dimension whenever they have a reason to see. It's like they are many levels, many dimensions. When our time and this one is finished, we move on to the next. But the Big Man can go between. The Big Man comes from God. He's our big brother, kind of looks out for us.
Speaker 2: God probably being an interpretation of another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be like it would be like the Sue Creator. Yeah, yeah, the Great Creator, the Great Spirit. And that's from the spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matheson. So, I mean, here you have this description of the Big Man come from God, from Crazy Horse who says that, you know, they see him as a multi demands being that comes from God.
Speaker 2: So what does that sound of the kind of words they used for dimension, because I don't think they knew dimension. Yeah, I don't know. I mean they knew a dimension, other world or another another part of life, or a parallel plane or existence. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. But this is just so crazy to me that they're using this idea of big Man who is from the spirit realm. Let's just say that spirit realm who can come across into our dimension and take a shape of whatever he wants. And that sounds very similar to a lot of the Bigfoot kind of reportings that we have.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, it's always he. I mean, like some people say he has a cloaking device, and those are the yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And other people are saying he's passing through dimensions, and then there's other people that say he's like on a different wavelength and the vibrations of his existence occasionally line up with the vibrations of ours and we kind of like cross paths, you know. Yeah, So there's all kinds of little weird theories about it, and these you know what's weird is it is always.
Speaker 1: And they kind of tie in with what we've been talking about, not only in this episode, but also when we were phasing out of the you know, our series on petroglyphs, and we were talking about all the legend mythologies across the world for different creatures, and one of them was this idea of giants and bigfoot and they're everywhere, and if you tie that in with the biblical kind of narratives that you have of like these creatures that fall, they come, they cohabit with women, they have these hybrid offspring, and then that those are somehow disembodied.
Speaker 2: And then we talked in the flood or whatever, in the.
Speaker 1: Flood or whatever, and then we talked about maybe the need to find a residence body, a resident body that they can live in, and we talked about synthetic kind of ideas, and we talked about maybe it's it.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Some kind of cloning or some kind of genetic manipulation that creates a body. We talked about like UFOs and the connection to Bigfoot sightings and the supposed mutilated cows and these bodies that apparently look like baby Bigfoot coming out of cows after they're mutilated.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just really strange. It is super rid our logic. I mean, I don't know, Yeah, it's craziness. If if you follow along, what is kind of assumingly proposed is that aliens, no demon or angelic beings.
Speaker 1: The elohem which could be translated gods in.
Speaker 2: Our little gating biological suits via bovine surrogate mothers.
Speaker 4: To manipulation to live in our world, and tie that with the constant repeating of every alien abductee talks about that they are sexually probed.
Speaker 2: Like there's even guys.
Speaker 5: Who are like a kind of hope, I kind of hope that my trainer Park gets abducted backs again, because when I went up in that starship and then there was this beautiful alien and she comed out and she's naked, and she made me get naked and we did and and and they had they had a water bed, and uh, one thing led to another.
Speaker 2: There's stories about that, like a guy gets abducted, well, I know, you know, he like gets abducted, and then there's like a sexy alien that comes in. I've never heard of a sexy female alien about Marvin Gay. He's been like so most of the stories.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Our people get abducted, they get they get like they wake up and they're kind of semi awake, and something's communicating with them telepathically and saying, hey, you know, don't worry, You're gonna be okay. But we're going to like basically do all these tests that involve your sexual organs, and so that's very comy. But anyway, that's a way far away. But it's also strangely connected to our is on Bigfoot, because they all kind of line up with this weird basic concept that something outside of our dimension, call it elohem, call it aliens, call it whatever you want, comes into our dimensional plane and interferes with what's going on here in human land.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of weird too, because we did a short little stint on you know, shipmen and stuff like. Yeah, and even they connect and yeah, even some of them kind of have like a sometimes sexual sometime you know kind of yep, they tie in less, but they do tie in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and they connect also in the level of disembodied spirits and dimension kind of transportation, yeah, interdimensional maybe manifestations of some kind of spiritual existence of some thing, some some what would you call it. I was almost a deity, but it's not even a deity. It's some kind of existence of some kind of entity. Yeah, that's got its own unique persona. It's not like you know in Easter mysticism, where when you die everything kind of goes to the one source and we all become one of the cosmos. Obviously, in all things that we're talking about here about aliens and Bigfoot and even death and spirits, they retain their individuality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they aren't just persona just kind of vaporized to nothing, and they don't.
Speaker 1: Get assimilated into the borg. They they are still Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a Star Trek reference. Okay, we have a borg. Lower your shields and story your ships.
Speaker 1: We will add to a biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to services resistance.
Speaker 2: Come on, man.
Speaker 1: But so so yeah, they still retain their individuality. So I think I think that's all of these things are like kind of side rabbit holes, but they're all very interesting down that line. We also have a lot of Native American mythology. We have stories about the creation and about the creator. So I've got another one here. I gotta look at it.
Speaker 2: Really good, good book. Opening Noise, Thank you, was awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm just going to read this excerpt. It's from that book that I talked about earlier. Giants, Cannibals and Monsters by Kathy Muskowitz Strain bigfoot in native culture. So on page one oh seven under Drowned Giants in the Pawnee.
Speaker 2: Tribe Okay from Indiana, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the sources from fossil Legends of the First Americans by Adriana Mayer in two thousand and five. The first men who lived on Earth were very large Indians. These giants were very big and very strong, and used to hunt buffalo on foot. They were so swift and strong that he could run down a buffalo and kill it with a great stone or a club, or even with his flint knife. A giant could throw a bull buffalo over his back as a hunter today carries an antelope, and he would tuck a yearling in his belt like a rabbit. But these giants did not believe in Tarawa, the Creator. Nowadays, all people wherever they live, all Indians, all white men, all Mexicans, and all black men speak to Tarahua and ask that he will give them the right kind of mind and that he will bless them. But the giants of the old days did not respect the Creator, thinking that nothing could overcome them, they grew worse and worse. At last, Tarahua got angry and made the waters rise the ground became soppy mud. These great people sank down into the mud and were destroyed. The great bones found on the prairie are the bones of these people.
Speaker 2: WHOA That one's like too obvious of a parallel to what we've been talking about. I know, it's so.
Speaker 1: I mean, there you've got basically the story of the flood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically in a nutshell. If you added in the Book of Enoch, Yeah, if you just go with the traditional way I learned it in Sunday school, is like everybody was bay out and they all liked to drink the alcohols and love women, and then God punched.
Speaker 1: Well, it does say that they were violent, wickedly violent. The violence had overcome the earth, and that there God looked and there was like nobody was good. But if you look at the original Greek words that described Noah, it says that he was pure in his generations.
Speaker 2: Interesting, so it basically is the bloodline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's basically saying that his genetic or stud let me say, possibly could be saying that his genetic history was unblemished, so he didn't carry the dysfunctional yeah, you know, fallen fallen angel genetics, and so God destroyed the world to save mankind.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very interesting when you look at it through that lens. So the story it's not it's not exclusive to you know, that narrative, the Mesopotamian narrative, whether it's you know, the Book of Enoch or the Innuma Leish, or you talk about the Bible, the Torah. This is about a story that is spread across the world, and there are similar stories in almost every major culture culture.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Even when you come way out west, I mean like this area, the Americas are pretty pretty far away from where every biblical thing quote unquote happened, right, Yeah, it's not the Middle You never hear like the h the children of Israel went to New York City. It's always like babush Kaban or something. Yeah, and that sounded Russian. I did Bushki I think means Grandma. Anyway, they're they're always going to a like Babylon or it's always some Middle Eastern sounding name. It's never the things that we recognize. But over here, you know you said pane, right, pony, pony. If anybody's watched Parks and Recreation, Panny indiandos where that takes place. Yeah. Yeah, So like that's taking all of these kind of flood giant Book of Enoch things and kind of bringing them over into our continent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's basically saying, Okay, these kind of narratives exist somewhere.
Speaker 2: Else, and it's not just there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can go to Africa, you can go to Asia as rich in these kind of narratives. There are all these creation stories, all these creation myths that say the same thing when you boil them down, right, And it wasn't a surprise to me to hear these things in you know, like in Asia or even Egypt, because those are kind of connected. It's the same continent, right.
Speaker 2: You could you could walk there, right theoretically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can go into Russia, you can go into that whole.
Speaker 2: Siberia, down to France, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: But here in the Americas, you don't think that you would have that same connection, but you do. And not just from North America, but all the way down through South America. These things are everywhere. This story is everywhere.
Speaker 2: And so you know, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like we said in our discussion on petroglyphs, where we talked about these symbols kind of hint towards that there's a genesis that somehow these same stories originated from people who have experienced or knew the same stories around the same time. So this is the same thing, but this is in like more of a narrative spoken kind of tradition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oral translator, yeah, oral translation.
Speaker 1: These things were handed down. They weren't necessarily.
Speaker 2: Written on you know cablet right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were handed down orally from generation to generation.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure Little Orphanani right exactly.
Speaker 3: Little Orphanani by an old guy named John when he learned it in the fifth grade. Many years beyond here we go, Little or Fanantic comes to our house to stay, to wash the cups and saucers up and brush the crumbs away, the shoes and chickens off the porch, and clean the hearth, and make the beds and earboard and key and all the other children. When the supper dishes are done, we sit around the kitchen fire and had the most is fun listening to the ghost tails and said Granny Tael about and the gobbles that get you if you don't watch out.
Speaker 2: For those of you who don't know Little orphan any we played in I think it was one of our spooky things, strange things in the spooky place place, spooky things in a strange place. Yep. And my grandpa John needs to tell me that story when I was a little around a campfire, around campfires, or downstairs in the basement with all lights off and a flashlight in his face.
Speaker 1: So did you remember that story? You could you recite it right now, the whole thing. But if you could, that would be an oral tradition.
Speaker 2: And luckily now we have the ability to record that. But before it was kind of subject to embellishment because it's you know, here's the story that my grandpa told. But I bet you they heard the stories a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So just like that. So let's carry that theme a little further. If you were to have to try to rem remember that entire story, you could probably get eighty ninety percent of it correct. You could write it down, you could you could make it up in your head, but you'd probably not remember every detail. So you'd have to kind of maybe embellish or throw in your own words or your own thoughts on what others you're based on your memory, And that's what happens in oral tradition. So these Native American stories. I'm sure they have some degradation down.
Speaker 2: Through time, like the telephone game, right exactly. You know, we got to take this stuff with a grain of salt. But the basic bedrock of these stories are the same as a lot of the stories that we find in other cultures. And it's very fascinating.
Speaker 1: So another book that I got, I got, I bought a couple books because I wanted to research some of this stuff, is called Giants of the down Land Ancient Wabanaki Tales. I guess that's how you pronounce it. Maybe it's Wabanicky Tales. But it's a collection that was collected by Alice Mead and Arnold Neptune, and it's a little book, and it's got all these stories that kind of they all kind of run together, they all kind of fit together. The basic part of this entire story is that there were a bunch of bad giants, there were a few good giants, and there were human heroes. And the human heroes went out and battled most of the bad giants and killed them with the help of some of the good giants, and then the good giants eventually just died out, and the ones that stayed were kind of they hid themselves.
Speaker 2: So that makes like you're talking about a good giant that helps defeat the bad giants or a good superhuman that helps defeat the bad superhumans. It makes me think of like Hercules. Yeah, it sounds like Greek mythology, right exactly. It makes me think of that, where like you've got this guy, he's kind of bad, but he like people, and he goes and kind of love but you know, he's kind of like battling with is he a god? Is he not? Because he's better than the other people, but he's trying to fit in, but he's you know, yeah, and then he goes and he fights all these other Greek terrible monsters and these bad evil things, and then you go straight to like Norse, like Viking, same stuff, thor odin Loki, all the characters from the Marvel comics, and you kind of have the same exact thing, like a guy he's like kind of fallen from his well.
Speaker 1: You got all these these gods that are basically having offspring with human women.
Speaker 2: Gods in uh let's Hercules is what we started with. He's the byproduct of human and zeus, right, I think so, I think, yeah, and then there's four. He's not necessarily the product of that, although Loki was adopted by but who does he get the hots for a human apartment? Right? I don't know they're the same Natalie Portman. Okay, yeah in that one. But anyway, but Thor gets banished because of his lust for humanity, I think, or no, he's a little too arrogant, but but he leaves his domain. Yeah, he like humanity. It's like the same kind of thing every time. It's not necessarily that Zeus porked Natalie Porkman, but that Odin banished Thor for loving Natalie Portman. You know, like there's like a weird parallelism. Is that weird?
Speaker 1: I mean, you think about this, so even if you break.
Speaker 2: It down to Thunder and Lightning and Zeus and Odin and how they're kind of very similar characters and they kind of like tear down in the same way, and then you have frost giants in the Norse mythology, and how Odin comes or Loki comes from frost giants and he's he's kind of a conquered heirloom or a trophy or the beast, the son of It's just weird. How there's so many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the offspring of he's the adopted offspring of these dark creatures, these dark gods or whatever they were.
Speaker 2: And he's kind of good, kind of bad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then but he's adopted by Odin.
Speaker 2: And here's the weirdest part. Loki has sex with his mom, his adopted mom, I believe. And he has a horse with eight legs named Light near that Odin rides. I don't know what that has to do with anything. That's so messed up. That's that's an example of a rural tradition, right. It is well, and you know it's so weird.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because you think about all this stuff and kind of gives you a little bit of a headspin because we live here in what we call reality. But underneath reality, you know, all this stuff like the reality of Google and social networking and our govern and structure, there is something more sinister under the.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I like to call it the facade, the Great facade. It's all a facad.
Speaker 1: We live in this place, and we like to think of certain ways that we've been basically cultured to believe our entire lives. But underneath that is the subcurrent of all these weird things that we don't think about very much because well, you know, it's crazy and it's for people on the fringe, people that are out there. But man, if you start poking that thing, if you start lifting the hood on that Cadillac, you start thinking.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what is going on?
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I find it fascinating. I find a little bit creepy. I don't find it necessarily like scary, although I think it's wise to have a little bit of caution with it. But I do think it's something that it's not bad to open your eyes to because you say, something crazy happened, something supernatural happened, something opened up, something a.
Speaker 2: Portal, like in that Avengers movie where like all those right and then the giant worm whales come out of the sky. Yeah, like that, something like that happens. Or like what if what if like an.
Speaker 1: Alien actually showed up an alien, or what if a bigfoot showed up? What if somebody captured a giant that couldn't phase back into his dimension.
Speaker 2: If he's in a dimension, yeah, he's stuck.
Speaker 1: What if there was some kind of weird contact like that made I know like, if you get into like the conspiracy sites, people talk about that there are portals that have been opened between this world and this other dimension forever, and that there are basically sub governments, clandestine organizations that exist that are doing business with these entities on the other side of these portals, and they're giving us all kinds of information and in exchange, we're doing all these weird things. What if something happened that some of that was actually real all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's like that I've mentioned this before, I think, but like that that the episode of is It George F.
Speaker 1: Norri Coast to Coast, Yeah, Coast to Coast anaum, George.
Speaker 2: Ryan and the guy calls in. He's like, hey, he's I used to work at Area fifty one, and he's all scattered in his voice and he's talking about how it's interdimensional and how these things and the other dimension want them and it's all scary him. And then that's the only time that the George Noruri show has ever gone offline. Oh yeah, just yeah, just gonnact And it's like, oh boy, something about it that fits this narrative I'm putting together in my head that is so weird. But what if that's legit? What if that's actually what?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: What if there is actually some crazy area fifty one multi dimensional monster? Yea upside down from stranger things. So here here's something to think about.
Speaker 1: I talked a little bit about this in some of our previous episodes. So the only difference is in the difference of the labels that we put on things. If you add different words all of a sudden, it doesn't make much difference. Like for me, I was raised in a Judeo Christian family, and I have all this these verbiages that I use or that I was taught to explain certain things. So it had things like angels and demons. It had things like you know, heaven and Hell. It had words about, you know, creatures that were giants and that were angelic beans that did certain things, and there's a lot of things that were supernatural in that well Judeo Christian background. Yeah, so all I have to do is shuffle that and change the words too. I can put aliens, I can put bigfoot, I can put giants, I can put all kinds of stuff. I can put inter dimensional portals, I can put UFOs. All of a sudden if something showed up in my existence, my reality from a different dimension or from outer space, or from heaven, or from a portal or from a rapture, they are all the same, right, they could be all the same. So so my understanding might have a different word, but the basic component of what it is is still the same.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like if you were to take the word ghost, and then you can change that word into spirit. You can change that word into demon, and then you can change the spirit also into your your you take mohem from spirit, you can go to your consciousness consciousness and then so spirit can be you, or spirit can be a demon. But you can go from demon, you can go to angel fallen angel, and then you can go so now a ghost could be an angel, and then you know, like all these things kind of tie together, if that makes any sense. Yeah, they totally the same same names. They're all the same kind of thing, but.
Speaker 1: The same concept with different names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's all it's all the basic remnant, the remnants of consciousness. Yeah. So yeah, it makes total sense that those things can be in another dimension plane whatever you want to come.
Speaker 1: If you want to totally fall down the rabbit hole, and you have the concept of simulation. So you know, the scientists have said, maybe this is all a simulation. We just exist, we're AI in some super computer. Right, So what if all of these words, all of these things, all of these experiences, all these things that kind of tie together, are the same thing in the simulation of something that is taking place and transpiring but isn't necessarily unique to our description in our own existence.
Speaker 2: It's like you're playing the same video game, but you've changed the language that the video games get.
Speaker 1: Playing language color. You've created your own avatars. So basically all of those things that could be you know, something else in the game, you just basically say, okay, those are now these things in the game.
Speaker 2: It's to choose your own adventure, but the storyline is the same.
Speaker 1: But it's like, and your your AI, your.
Speaker 2: You know, how you make your any like a goblin or like a Viking troll or a demon hunter, witch or a goon. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like your AI, your existence, your creature of whatever you are, is not chosen by you. It was chosen for you. So yeah, kiss me, test you your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was chosen for you.
Speaker 1: You know, that gets down to the basic nitty gritty of Okay, what is human continent?
Speaker 2: Are you on? What condent? Basically? Yeah, kind of yeah?
Speaker 1: What kind of what tribe?
Speaker 2: What? What condent? What creation? What AI?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: How is this story related to you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So the development of this AI, or the development of your consciousness eventually will if you follow the Judeo Christian narrative, will be rebooted. So the difference between you and other AI is that, if you are human, you were created in the image of the createur. And what is that image? What does he do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The creator creates, right, So humans create, which is obvious. I mean, just look at our computer, look at our technology. All of these things are on an exponential growth scale. They get more and more and more as you go along. That is the That is maybe the quality of God that he is bestowed.
Speaker 2: He is a.
Speaker 1: Creator, but he's also good, true in all of these things. So interject inside of this this uh, well, let's call it a virus that manipulates and confuses and congests and destroys and basically changes the AI to become wicked.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that was a this virus quote unquote was a planned assault by a hacker quote unquote that wants to kind of be in God's image, that wants to be a creator. And there's a form of jealousy. And these things that weren't created in the image of the creator are constantly trying to hack their way into the image of the creator so that they can they too can create, and they too can be a part of this thing that was created. Good because they didn't receive the same treatment, because they think that's kind of what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe those things were not created to be creators but.
Speaker 2: Servants maybe, and they didn't like that, and they wanted to be creators. Imagine, they're trying to hack their way into a dimension of world where they are creators. So they're creating their own world. That's all jumbled up because it's not good except.
Speaker 1: For that their creation, their creativity is actually not creativity. It is destructivity. It is the destruction of the creation, because that is not.
Speaker 2: Part of their bad creativity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the ALTI it's the opposite of creativity.
Speaker 2: No, well they're creating.
Speaker 1: No, in my mind, I mean, I'm just saying that's that would be so what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying is, because we're talking about Bigfoot, we're talking about the potential for something to be trying. And that's kind of what I think both of us. I don't think we think it's a biological creature that's naturally just good at hiding.
Speaker 1: No, not unless, not unless there was a biological suit made to house an entity.
Speaker 2: Yet, but that wouldn't be a biological thing. You can't make something biological. It would be tampered with it.
Speaker 1: Isn't it interesting that if there was something that was created to be a biological suit, that it would have to be created by humankind rather than the actual entity that needed the biological suit. Thus the need might go Okay, sorry.
Speaker 2: So we're we're saying it's not a biological, natural animal that runs around and is good at hiding, right, We're saying that it's potentially something being used to break its way into our world, into our humanity.
Speaker 1: Possibly, I mean we are way out there, but yes, possibly.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a group out there that wishes it was made in the image of the creator, and it's creating its own messed up version of what is not good to break into what is good exactly, and it's trying to form its way into our society, and then you get reptilian you know, government, and where things are getting even worse because right now we're off the chains. Yeah, we're talking about cattle mutilation, sasquatch children of cows that are trying to hack their way into humanity. So one thing that's weird here. I don't know how else you can explain, Shaquille O'Neil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, right, well, so there is you know, there are genetic mutations that are obviously not because of some kind of weird, you know, demonic kind of influence, but it is weird to think about that. And we're way down the rabbit hole on this. I mean we started it like Native American legends Bigfoot, and we're way down here. But it's fun to and if we've lost you, I apologize for that because I mean that's kind of like we went from like a you know, one oh one all the way down to like graduate level kind of conspiracy in in geology and all kinds of weird stuff. But on the surface level, I mean, basically you have two options.
Speaker 2: A bigfoot.
Speaker 1: He's either a biological, natural occurring kind of creature. He's an animal that has Yeah, he's an animal that has no supernatural kind of or he is something other than that. Now in that other than that, there are several categories you could subdivide. You could say he's he's a biological genetic manipulation.
Speaker 2: He could be a chimera.
Speaker 1: He could be a synthetic he could be a multi dimensional creature. You know, you could you could go down that.
Speaker 2: Even a robot. I've heard more like some kind of conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Miss well that was a really famous six million dollar Man episode where he meets the Bigfoot and it's a robot Bigfoot. That's a great episode. But false information, like he could be something.
Speaker 5: Just to distract the economy and change people's perception of reality or so get.
Speaker 1: Their mind off. Maybe something that's true misinformation.
Speaker 2: That's a thing.
Speaker 1: But you don't know, You don't know, but we do know that it's not a modern invention because of our Native American examples. There are hundreds of them in this book, right and not. I mean, you don't even have to get this book, although I would suggest it. I'll put a link to it on the website and you could check it out. If you go to our website, there's a blog that I do that has basically a kind of a I don't know, it's just a little supplement to every episode that we do, and it has some of the links to information that we share or maybe.
Speaker 2: The music show content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of you know, kind of use the fair use license and throw a lot of like little musical interludes and things like that in.
Speaker 2: Go to our.
Speaker 1: Website there links all that stuff. But there's a link to this book and you can check it out and buy it if you are so inclined. It's awesome and that's there for you if you need it.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to everything we got, Facebook, Instagram, Stitcher, like we said earlier.
Speaker 1: And just so you know, there's a lot more coming. I mean, we haven't even scratched the surface on strange things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like from where we're at right now, we can go all different directions. There's rabbit trails shooting off all over this phone. Oh my gosh. We can talk about other cryptids, nas nas, mothman aliens, we can talk about.
Speaker 1: Hen We could do a topic of every single type of bigfoot creature across the planet.
Speaker 2: Would take us probably eight years. I think it would take us forever.
Speaker 1: Because they're everywhere. We are not short of content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of strange things in this strange place.
Speaker 1: From this place called Earth, but we want to keep doing this. We're having good times, we're having fun. You know, we take a lighthearted approach. Some of this stuff might be a little more sinister and might be a little more serious, but we just trust that there are bigger and better things for all of us. And you know, the more we know, the better. And what's that old saying I attributed it to? I know, I heard a guy named Chuck Missler say this, and he said that it's for God's glory that he conceals a mystery and it's for man's privilege to uncover it or discover it.
Speaker 2: And I love that saying. So, this creation, if you.
Speaker 1: Are so inclined to believe that it is a creation, or this universe, if you're not inclined to believe it has within it tons of mysteries.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And it's.
Speaker 1: Not only our privilege, but it's also something innate within us to discover as humans, as createors.
Speaker 2: What led those people up Lewis and Clark and stuff to discovery more discovery This podcast as silly as it is, is our attempt to do those things and to go out and discover, and we're creating something as we go.
Speaker 1: But hey, one thing we should do before we wrap up this episode. I know that we didn't go. I mean, there are so many, literally so many stories on Native American mythologies about a big foot type creature.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to go.
Speaker 1: We could, I mean, we could spend months. I mean, this book probably has one hundred or so stories, and that's just scratching the surface, but they're everywhere to me. All of a sudden, the whole idea of the concept of giants, it kind of gets married into the bigfoot type thing, although I think they're different in some ways because the giants seem to be more even though they're huge, but they're also very human yeah organic, yeah, but Bigfoot tends to be almost beast like. So one thing that was very interesting I think we touched on in our last episode was the Provo citing a bigfoot down in Utah and that there was a connection there with ancient, well not ancient but old LDS literature. That the Provo giant had met a fellow and I can't remember his name. I'll put it on the website if I look it up. But basically, this guy walked with the Bigfoot for a while and then Bigfoot basically said hey, I'm I'm Caneir basically can't die and that's because I'm Caine. I'm the guy who killed Abel and the mark that was given to me so that people wouldn't kill me was all this ugly hair and stuff and basically I've been alive forever.
Speaker 2: And it can kill the lineage and his life monsters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that basically they're saying that the descendants of Cain are or were bigfoot sasquatch crazy. Yeah, so these things all over the world are basically the lineage of Cain, and you know, take it for what you will. It's not official any kind of official LDS doctrine, but it is there in their folklore right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Would encourage everybody if you would, we're getting an uptick in listeners. To like us on your favorite podcasting app or subscribe on your favorite podcasting app. Go to our Facebook page A Strange Thing Podcast. We have a group on Facebook called A Strange Thing and like us.
Speaker 2: Share us. I mean, the more people we.
Speaker 1: Can get watching the better and the more things that we can talk about, and more adventures we can have and share with you. Right now, we do this totally for free, for fun, and we love it and we'll keep doing it.
Speaker 2: Goofballs.
Speaker 1: But if we can get a little bit of revenue coming in, that would be awesome, because then we could go out and maybe go a little further from where we are geographically.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, you know, we get some people following us, get some supporters, we make our way down to Mexico, Cancoon area, check out chits Anda, that pyramid, yeah, that'd and spend the rest of the time on a resort doing some deep sea fishing and some yeah, some swim. There's a lot of weird crypts in the ocean, you know. Yeah, we could if we go to the ocean and we start talking about ocean monsters, I might not like the ocean anymore. They're just terrifying.
Speaker 1: There's just some scary stuff about the ocean.
Speaker 2: Eck, there's scary stuff about everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You read some of these.
Speaker 1: Stories about Bigfoot, and then you read about the number of people that have gone missing in national parks. That'll kind of freak you out because these people will just go disappearing. Nothing has ever found nothing, Ever, what happened to them?
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, Or they do find it and it's like their hip was placed gingerly on a rock at the top of the peak.
Speaker 1: Whoa yeah, but at least there they're found. The ones that weird be on are like this, the ones that have just been like pulled through a portal yep, basically the side down yep.
Speaker 2: But hopefully we didn't deter you too much with our Bible babble.
Speaker 1: I think most of our audience has probably familiarity with a Judeo Christian kind of experience, whether they believe.
Speaker 2: It or not, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Everybody has to come to their own decisions and own understanding on their own time. Well, anyway, it's been a fun discussion. I know we kind of diverted and went deep into like some weird territory for a lot of.
Speaker 2: People, but hanging there with us.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk more about Bigfoot in our next episode. I'm not sure exactly, Austin, where we're going to go on.
Speaker 2: Our next episode. I don't really know either, other than it's going to be Bigfoot oriented.
Speaker 1: So with that, why don't you close us out with the way that only you can.
Speaker 2: I think you guys should join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange
Speaker 1: Some very strange conversation, My guys,