Speaker 1: Adam Levine said that his first job was as a PA on the set of a TV show, and he said he was terrible. He's like that I didn't work out because I wasn't meant to be a PA and I was meant to be a singer.
Speaker 2: So good for him.
Speaker 1: It's an Excinity six nine in the Valley's Best mixed Priscilla here. So sid are you on TikTok? How often do you go on TikTok?
Speaker 2: Every once in a while? Not a ton?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I do I love it? I was gonna say I am a TikTok fanatic. I think I love it more than I love Instagram. And right now I'm currently obsessed with the Cucumber Guy.
Speaker 3: Oh don't get me started on Logan. That's his name, isn't it Y Logan, the cucumber Guy.
Speaker 1: So what he does is he literally takes a cucumber and it's not the regular one.
Speaker 2: It's like a long, skinny one less cucumber, yessay.
Speaker 1: And what he does is he comes up with different recipes for these for just a cucumber, and the ways that I've wanted to make cucumber treats and recipes, but won't do it.
Speaker 2: I know I should maybe do that this weekend. Oh do like a cucumber rest is so delicious?
Speaker 3: Yes, he like thinly slices them into a little container that, you know, like a chef's container.
Speaker 2: Almost so good. I don't know where he gets.
Speaker 3: It, but then he's putting in soy sauce, you know, cream, cheese, salmon.
Speaker 2: It's like then shake it up. Oh so good.
Speaker 1: My daughter and I were looking at one over a couple of days ago, and he made a California role cucumber container, and so I think we're going to make it this weekend too.
Speaker 2: You should, okay, So that's what I'll do.
Speaker 1: First of all, we're gonna put a picture or i'm sorry, a video of Logan on our Instagram story. So if you can be obsessed with a cucumber guy, do at Mix ninety six nine FM, and then I'll post us making it this weekend too.
Speaker 2: So check that out.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Mixed ninety six nine. The Valley's Best makes your chance to go to the Phoenix Mercury Game is coming up after seven.
Speaker 2: I am Priscilla and Sid.
Speaker 1: I just came across something that asks, are you raising an orchid child.
Speaker 2: There's a name for everything these days, there is And do you have an orchid child?
Speaker 1: Not only do I think I have I have an orchid child, I think I was an orchid child. Oh so, orchid children are highly sensitive kids who feel emotions deeply and react strongly to sensory input, often showing extreme emotions and uh a desire for control and low tolerance for frustration.
Speaker 2: I could see that.
Speaker 1: So highly emotional, highly sensitive. In fact, I went to go do reiki and remember she said, you just you consume a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, oh, come here.
Speaker 1: Yes. And Jack's my youngest who's eight. She takes everything very personally, and she just gets so offended if you even raise your voice a little bit towards her.
Speaker 2: It's just so sensitive, you libras, I gotta get ready for that. I was gonna say, you're about to have a baby, Libra. Were you this way or are you this way?
Speaker 3: I was pretty I think I was emotional as a child, but only in very unique instances. Okay, so like I was pretty mellow. But when I did have a bad day, it was a bad day day.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I get that. Well, if you feel like you have an orchid child.
Speaker 1: Some strategies include being present, acknowledging their feelings without explicitly naming them, and ensuring a safe and understanding environment. Basically, relationship is key. So the most important factor is the emotional safety, which I actually do like Jackson's if she's having a meltdown, I'll just like, do you need to like, do you soon need to lay down and cry it out? And bush all in her, hug me and do all that because growing up, here's the difference.
Speaker 3: My mom was like, suck it up. Yeah, that was just the generation, right. They're like, we don't talk about our feelings.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and that's why I'm so chaotic. So I'm trying to alloid jack I know, but I think having an orchid child could I be a good thing because they're aware and they feel and they're empathetic.
Speaker 2: So I say it's a win, y'all.
Speaker 1: Hey, that study swims on Make ninety six to nine the Valley's Best Mixed. Priscilla here and Sid, you are thirty four weeks pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny because you come in the morning and I feel like you're you're struggling a little bit dragon. Yeah, and towards like noon, you're really going hard.
Speaker 2: Well, Priscilla, I think I have a snake in my house.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: My husband, my better half, the love of my life, my partner. I think he's making my coffee week on purpose because I don't think he trusts me to not drink like too much caffeine as a pregnant way.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, so why do you think he's making your coffee week?
Speaker 3: It's just not hitting as much as I think there's too much milk in it. So he does my lattes. I don't even think it's a full shot of espresso.
Speaker 2: So he makes your coffee in the morning.
Speaker 3: Does which he's an angel, But also, where's my coffee?
Speaker 2: It seems to be weak? But why is he making your coffee? Why don't you just make it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I can't get up by myself. Wait, hold Ael, what do you mean you can't get up by yourself.
Speaker 3: He wakes me up alarms, but he'll physically like wait, okay, time to get up, and he's helping out because I'm carrying the baby. Yeah okay, so he's got to get me out the door. And that's how he lures me out of bed with a cup of coffee. Okay, but I need to start watching.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, does he like wave goodbye to you as you're leaving the house. He does.
Speaker 3: He comes outside and he says, you're doing a great job, baby, a great day.
Speaker 2: Got yourself on the back girl.
Speaker 3: So really, I shouldn't be complaining at all, but I'm suspicious.
Speaker 1: It's fair you should be and we should open a case and see. You should probably make your own coffee and see if you feel a difference.
Speaker 3: I know that would be a fun pro just doesn't hit like it used to. Or maybe I'm that tired and that pregnant. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: On the way, we have What's Trending plus your chance to go to the Phoenix Mercury game coming up just after seven o'clock on me. It's Mixed ninety six nine, the Valley's best mixed. Priscilla Here, it is time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos. Wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is a deadly crash that closed the Eye ten and both directions this morning over on the West Valley by dice Art road. They're not sure when they're going to reopen, so make sure that you keep an eye out for that re route and you know, make a little bit more time for your route. This morning, this next story bummed me out so bad. A woman unfortunately was found passed away at her job at Wells Fargo. She clocked in for work last Friday at eight am or I'm sorry, seven am, and she was not found until four days later, unfortunately, passed away and coworkers were like, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't know she was over there.
Speaker 1: You know, we did kind of suspect something was going on, but we just checked it up to bad plumbing.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I it bums me.
Speaker 1: Out that there we are in a situation where we don't realize that there are coworkers or employees that aren't accounted for. So maybe that'll help people kind of reevaluate how businesses are ran. So you know, people felt are felt seen. So sending her and her family lots of love. This morning, the US Surgeon General is releasing an advisory for all parents out there for hazardous levels of stress. I guess the way that we parent nowadays is really affecting our mental health. When it comes to societal issues, modern struggles like social media exposure, and then honestly, I think a lot of it is the comparison from parent to parent.
Speaker 2: So keep that in mind, take care of.
Speaker 1: Your health, take care of those stress levels, because you don't want it to affect you in the long term.
Speaker 2: Labor Day is on Monday, and you're probably like me, wondering are things closed? Are they opened? Like do I go shopping?
Speaker 1: Well, here are grocery stores that are open for Labor Day. All the CVS, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Sam's Club, Trader Joe's, Walgreen's, Walmart, Whole Foods, and if you just want to go shopping and have some fun home goods, Marshals, Nordstrum, Ross, Target, TJ Max all open. The stores that are closed are cost Go, which that would surprise me.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they were.
Speaker 1: I thought they were only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I guess not. And then of course small businesses, so make sure you call before heading out. And before we wrap up, we got to get into HeLa happen in Sunday. Cakeoff is happening September eighth at ten am at bet MGM Sports Book at Santan Mountain.
Speaker 2: You can go hang out with friends.
Speaker 1: Make some beds, drink some food, and then of course enter to win and autograph Kyler Murray football and enjoy cornhole and drink deals. And then free play heat Wave Wednesdays from four to nine pm at any Helo River resorts and casinos for a chance to win five to twenty five hundred dollars in free bonus play. And then rehab Oasis Pool Party happening September twenty first.
Speaker 2: It's the last one of the seasons, so make sure you get your tickets. All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to the Phoenix Mercury game, we have a four pack of tickets for September fifth. All you have to do is play Priscilla's Pyramid. Give us a call. Six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine. It's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. It is time to play Priscilla's Pyramid with miss Ai Lad's first grade class. Good morning everyone, Yes, so cute. So miss Aguiladi, you are playing for tickets to the Phoenix Mercury game. And all you have to do is, uh guess the word that Sid is giving you clues for.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And today's category is kids toys.
Speaker 2: Oh kids, we got this. Are you ready? Let the clock start now? Okay.
Speaker 3: So these are little cars. You can find them at the grocery store. They go up and down a track. You can build the track. It's not cold, it's will yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And this is a Sesame Street favorite.
Speaker 3: He's red and fluffy and giggles.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: And then this one you can give someone a pick four card or you can reverse.
Speaker 2: It's a card game.
Speaker 1: A card game that you can reverse number one. Yes, congratulations, do you have one your tickets to the Phoenix Mercury Game.
Speaker 2: How fun?
Speaker 1: Miss Agui lad, thank you so much for playing with your class today. Thank you so much, We say.
Speaker 2: So sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks again, have a wonderful day. And thanks again for being the one in a million teacher with a million dollar teacher project.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that as well. Bye.
Speaker 1: So fun to play on a Friday. All right, on the way, a couple songs. We got to talk about Chapel Roone and the controversy she's causing because she doesn't appreciate her fans, or at least that's what some people on the internet are saying. But we're not sure we buy it. We're gonna break it down in a couple songs. It's Bex ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mixed, Priscilla here and sid you know our girl Chapel roone right obsessed with her lately. Yeah, she's got the song good Luck Babe, and she we play her on Mix ninety six to nine all the time. But she's getting a lot of heat this morning because of what she's saying to fans about how.
Speaker 2: They're making her uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a tough one because it's hard to have sympathy for these big stars.
Speaker 2: But I also think people go crazy, right, It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you wouldn't want some stranger coming up and you know, hugging you on the side of.
Speaker 2: The street exactly, and that's what's been happening.
Speaker 1: And her statement kind of emphasize her right to refuse interaction and feel like, hey, you're making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm allowed to say it.
Speaker 1: But then fans are like criticizing her, like, eh, woe is me?
Speaker 2: Chapel Roone. I'm sorry that your friends love you.
Speaker 3: I know they're like Beyonce would never Nicki Minaj would never posting pictures of them and you know, huge crowds of.
Speaker 2: People, which I don't think we can compare her. Here's what the problem is.
Speaker 1: It's not that she's putting up these boundaries, is that she's publicizing them, because I promise you, hands down, Beyonce has these like boundaries totally, and I think it's the way she's saying it too.
Speaker 2: She kind of popped off a little bit on social media. She was heated exactly because her feelings are valid. I'm sorry people are.
Speaker 1: Going hard after Beyonce and these bigger celebrities one percent. But at the end of the day, I think what it is is that there's entitlement from both ends, because why do fans think that they have the right to ambush and like technically kind of assault someone, right, Yeah, it's too far. So she's entitled. She's a little bit of an entitlement like wow, wow is me? And but then they're entitled like, oh, I should be able to do what I want. And it's like, y'all just both put your swords down and.
Speaker 3: Come to a compromise and we'll be just all seeing Pink Pony Club together because that's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: Exactly same all right. On the way, there is a you've heard of all mean mom? You've heard of granola mom? Yes, of course there is a new term for moms, and this one I relate to. Unfortunately, Oh gosh, we'll explain it a couple of.
Speaker 2: Songs on mix Please turn around, good morning.
Speaker 1: It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla here. So sid, we all know what an almond mom and a granola mom is, right, Yeah, they've been around for a while, so an almond mom is definitely like an organic kind of mom, and a granola is like a crunchy like woo woo wo mom. Right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Or is there a different definition for it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think so natural?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Well, there's a new term called a gummy bear mom. It's moms that just let their kids eat crap.
Speaker 2: And that's you gummy be good.
Speaker 1: They let their kids indulge in prepackaged snacks and baked goods. Have been given the nickname gummy bear mom. And it's like stuff like their pantry is full of snacks and pastries and chips and.
Speaker 3: The good stuff. I never had that growing up. I'm so jealous of people with gummy bear mom same. So I hadn't radiant mom.
Speaker 1: And the ingredient mom is like you had to make something in order to eat in your house, like their snacks did not exist, and so.
Speaker 3: It's like a boring snack, like have a bowl of cereal exactly cereals?
Speaker 1: Yes, And so I was like, I'm never gonna be that mom and get all the snacks. But the problem is I'm probably contributing to an unhealthy habit with my children.
Speaker 2: And then you eat the snacks too. I eat the snacks.
Speaker 1: In fact, I probably eat them more than my kids do because Lela came home with a bag of snacks from the grocery store and I didn't even like ask, I just ate them all.
Speaker 2: And she's like, where are my chocolate covered pretzels? Oh? I was like, I'll bend MOLLI five bucks. Sorry, ma'am, they didn't have your name on it. So gummy bear moms rejoyce. You know what, live a little.
Speaker 1: We can't be perfect, and whatever makes our lives easier, we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Okay, mom, Yes, we're not regular moms. We're cool moms. We're commercial free.
Speaker 1: Only ninety six to nine the Valley's Best mixed Priscilla here. And the list of top ten most stressful jobs is out and whoever created this lead list needs some perspective.
Speaker 2: Sid Yeah, it does not seem correct.
Speaker 1: So ten on the list for police officer or is police officer? Nine enlisted military personnel, eight firefighter, seven waitress, six taxi driver, five radio TV broadcaster, four managers and corporate executives, three middle school teachers, two cashiers, one salespeople. Who Ever thought that working in radio is more stressful than being a police officer or a firefighter is out the mind.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the only thing on this list that I feel like is not stressful is the radio.
Speaker 2: Like everything else. Say, I've done salespeople that could get stressful. All the waiters very stressful, We've all been there.
Speaker 1: Cashier is that one I don't get like that one doesn't feel what is I mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe his customers are tough during the holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, but I'm like techtic. But okay, a firefighter saving lives, going through burning buildings or radio personality talking about Chapel Roone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what got me. I don't know why they lumped in radio TV broadcasters. Okay it could be Heck.
Speaker 1: Well, you worked in news as a news producer.
Speaker 2: What's the difference between that and radio. It's very different.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, breaking news is one of the most hectic times you'll go through, and it's just a lot of yelling. I'm getting things on live television, apologizing for sending it time. Yeah, you know, it's a lot more relaxed. What did I say when I started, it's a lawless place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, true, we are very very blessed, very lucky. Listen, that's not to downplay. There are stressful moments. Absolutely, there are tough days. That's, you know, a given. But overall I would give police officers, firefighters, military personnelit way more credit.
Speaker 2: Than a radio person. Yes, thank you out there for listening for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, on the way, we have your trip to our iHeartRadio Music Festival and your tickets to train coming up around nine point fifteen.