Speaker 1: Okay, opening line when you walk out there, I mean I I was wondering what you were going to say.
Speaker 2: So I hear you go, I hear.
Speaker 3: You know, I see the video and you go up there and you go.
Speaker 4: As I was saying, the crowd goes under the dark, huh.
Speaker 2: They would I would say crazy.
Speaker 5: And as I was saying, hero, villain, savior, the devil.
Speaker 6: It's so interesting how people are perceiving the world around them. And I've noticed this very starkly over the past four years that I've been doing the show. It probably started earlier. In fact, I'm sure it did, but it became incredibly obvious to me and probably to you, whether or not you've thought about this deeply on your own, or if this is just kind of a subconscious perk of thought that you've been dealing with, but I'm sure in your conversations with family members people at work, you've noticed that there is a distinct divide between our perceptions. This is not an original concept by me. I know other people have talked about it, but I've been calling it the two worlds phenomenon. Other people call it like the two movies one screen. I think is what Scott says about Scott Adams. Whatever the phrase is that you want to put on it, I think that it's obviously happening, and I think there's a lot of reasons as to why. But just to give you some examples, the reason I played that Trump clip to start us off is that when you watch the blood streaming down his face and him pumping his fist and surviving an assassination attempt, like, the obvious takeaway from most people is whether you like Trump or not, that was a pretty incredible moment, pretty heroic even, And I tend to believe that had Joe Biden done the same thing, or Barack Obama done the same thing, or Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris or Bill Clinton, I would have had the same reaction that like, Wow, what a courageous figure under fire to respond in that way. But a lot of people don't see it that way, you know, or they don't see it at all. And I think that that's actually the underlying driving force behind the two worlds phenomena is that our media system, or our ecosystem of media are so totally divided in that if you are a Trump supporter or if you're just in the like independent media space. You've seen footage of that attack multiple times and his response in these edits that get speculated. But if you're a MSNBC viewer, you've probably seen it once on day of the attack and maybe never since then. And I think because of that, that's how you start to see the two worlds. Just to give you an example of what I'm talking about, safe and effective versus useless and or dangerous, right, I won't elaborate fautch she is a hero or he's a villain. Jay six was an insurrection, an attempt to overthrow the government, or it was a protest that got out of hand. Russia invaded for no reason. I can't believe it. Why would they do such a terrible thing. And Ukraine is simply defending their democracy. It's as simple as that. And NATO is just lending assistance to an ally. Or it's not really any of our business and we probably ought to not be funding it.
Speaker 3: As I said earlier, Trump is the devil or he's our.
Speaker 6: Savior or Kamala crushed on Fox News last night against Brettbair or her campaign is over. That was a disastrous performance, arguably the worst sit down interview from a politician I have seen in my lifetime. Wrap it up, send her back to wherever she came from. It's done. This is what inspired me to want to do this episode and to have this conversation, is that watching the interview and seeing the polar opposite reactions is mind bending. It's only a twenty seven minute interview, and I'm not going to play you the entire interview because I don't want to pain you like that. I'm sure most of you have already seen it. If you haven't, you can go check it out on Fox News. It was bad, I mean zero substance. She's just in over her head. It's so obvious that she's not prepared, she's not equipped for this role. To envision her struggling as much as she did with Brett Baer, and then to contrast that with her having to negotiate peace between I don't know Hamas's leadership, which I guess will be changing as the leader was taken out today or net Yahoo or Putin Orji or whatever foreign political leader. It's just like, she obviously can't do this job. And I think that that's what most people watching that interview take away from it, is like she has nothing. She ran for president in twenty twenty, then was the vice president, and then again ran for president for the past two months, and yet she still can't come up with She still can't concoct anything aside from BA but Trump. That's it. That's all she's got. She's been essentially running against Donald Trump for five straight years and that's all she has. There's nothing material aside from I Am not Donald Trump. And here's the reason that they're taking that tactic because it might work. Because people are so unbelievably propagandazed to believe that this guy is a fascist in waiting dictator at YadA YadA yah. It's gonna shudder and destroy and shred the constitution. That's all they need to hear. That's all they want to hear from many people, millions, tens of millions of people, that's all they want to hear. She's not Trump. She doesn't have to have any substance to her arguments or to her counter arguments. She just has to not be him, and she tried to make that incredibly clear. Let's tell you a superclip of her doing exactly that. You'll get, I mean, without watching the entire twenty seven minute interview. This tells you just about all you need to know about how it went.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're just a number. Do you think it's one million?
Speaker 5: Three million?
Speaker 7: But let's just get to the point.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump voted, So are you still in support of using taxpayer dollars to help prison inmates or detain the llegal aliens to transition to another gender.
Speaker 7: I will follow the law, and it's a law that Donald Trump actually followed. Donald Trump's administration Trump campaign, well, take responsible for what happened in your administration. You think Donald Trump turning the page from the last decade in which we have been burdened with the kind of rhetoric coming from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: You've been in office for three and a half years.
Speaker 7: And Donald Trump has been running for office. The former chief of staff to the President Donald Trump. And in fact, if you listen to Donald Trump, if you watch any of his rallies, he's the one who tends to demean unstable. He is Unstable's let me ask you this, and you told many of the interviewers Joe Biden is not on the ballot. I understand Donald Trump, Donald Trump, but you talked about it.
Speaker 1: In a few minutes of talking to President Biden on the debate.
Speaker 7: Stag is on the ballot.
Speaker 1: I understand you met with him at least once a week for three and a half years. You didn't have any concerns.
Speaker 7: I think the American people have a concern about Donald Trump or critics.
Speaker 1: Just say that you either relaxed or failed to enforce sanctions on Iran, allowing all of this money to flow into Iran, like.
Speaker 7: Bill and let's go back to Donald Trump and Donald Trump not to mention how Donald Trump has all of this money, has treated and talked about America's military and military service people.
Speaker 2: And losers.
Speaker 1: Vice President, they're wrapping me very hard here. I hope you got to say what she wanted to say about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of things.
Speaker 1: And Vice president and they're giving me a hard right.
Speaker 7: Well, I thank you for the time.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the time, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: When you're running against a caricature of the apex of evil, which is what to millions of Americans Donald Trump has become thanks to the media, you don't have to actually have substance to your counter arguments. You literally just have to not be him. The primary takeaway I would have for you guys is that it's not just that there's two worlds, but in fact there's three. Because as much as I more readily align myself with the MAGA world view, because I certainly don't align myself with the Democrat worldview, I think that the MAGA worldview also gets things wrong, a lot of things wrong. For instance, I don't think Donald Trump is our savior. I think that he is a preferable option to Kamala Harris, but again, that's an extraordinarily low bar. I do think that basically what we've witnessed is because so many people have been lied to so consistently, and they're so polarized, oftentimes the nuance which happens to encompass the truth is left to the wayside. For example, is Fauci a hero or is he the devil? Well, because of this show and the deep dive I've done on him, you know where I lean. But here's a better example.
Speaker 3: J six.
Speaker 6: J six is not either an insurrection or a protest that got out of hand. Now, many in the MAGA world will already know about this, but a lot of you probably are unfamiliar, But there was a pipe bomb that was planted outside of Kamala Harris's office or where she was that day, and we still don't have answers as to what went down there. Pretty fascinating, right, How is that possible? How would such an enormous news event not have the details about that? Seems pretty unbelievable, to be honest. There were also a plane closed police officers that were in the crowd that day. We don't have direct answers as of yet as to how many FBI agents or informants were on the ground that day, but we do know that there was plain closed police officers that were shouting go into the Capitol or something to that effect. They were encouraging people to move ahead, which is not what you would want to see undercover law enforcement doing if their actual intention is to turn down the temperature as opposed to turning it up. So you have the pipe bomber that we don't know who it was. We've got Grandma's and everybody else that was just anywhere in the perimeter that day serving hard jail time, not all of them, but a huge, huge number of them, like over a thousand, and then you have a guy who allegedly planted a bomb, and we don't know who that is almost four years later, still no clue. If you think that's just an oversight, come on, they got everybody else, not that one guy.
Speaker 3: So what does that tell you?
Speaker 6: You got these plane codes, cops, you got an untold number of FBI agents or informants that are involved in that day, and then you also have the pipe bomber who gets away scott free. Everybody else gets busted, not him though or her. It's a him. Well, what it tells you is that there is some nuance here that in fact, you know, people describe it as a FED surrection. I don't think it was that either. I think it was a genuine event in that there were tens of thousands of people that arrived in the Capitol that day to hear Donald Trump speak, and then a few thousand of them, I don't know the exact number marched over after Trump spoke, and he did tell them to march or protest peacefully and patriotically. They didn't, but they got there and there was a lot of provocation from the Capitol police. There was flashbangs and things of that nature that were being shot at them when you already have a group of people who are protesting because they believe that the election wasn't legitimate, Well, if you don't want to antagonize them, right like, you'd like to see them protest peacefully and then go home, if that's your actual goal. So a lot of people have concluded, given the all of the details of weirdness that I've already laid out with that day, that perhaps the goal was not to turn down the temperature, but in fact they wanted to have something that was not just damning against Donald Trump, but more broadly against his supporters.
Speaker 3: And they got it, and.
Speaker 6: It has been utilized to not just persecute, but literally prosecute a huge number of his supporters and also make it so that not just Trump supporters, but everybody now feels kind of a chill when it comes to protests in this country, that we don't know when things might get out of hand and if we might go to jail because some crazy person that I'm protesting with does something crazy, or so I'm under undercover agent does something crazy, and that keeps me from showing up to the Capitol that day. Like I talk to people about this all the time. I was just in DC to do in the Damn War's rally and the Rescue the West rally, and I can't tell you how many people were like, Clint, don't go, like they're gonna try and set you guys up. I appreciate the caution, and I'm totally aware of the risks here, but it's like, I'm an American and I have to be able to protest and if I see anything weird at all, all bail out asap. But like, you can't live that way if we're already the point that we can't go out and literally peacefully protest, which is what we were doing, Like we're toast, We're totally screwed.
Speaker 3: It's over so anyways.
Speaker 6: But the point is, I understand why people are so nervous, and they're right to be. Now, these are the people that are more aware of what transpired on j six, and they're more privy to this nuanced gray area in between, which I like to call the truth of that day. But my point is is that the binary worldview of protests that got out of hand or they tried to throw overthrow the government, neither neither side is right, and the same applies to Donald Trump. Maybe not Anthony Fauci, he's actually maybe completely evil. Yeah, he's totally egal all right. Uh, that's a good one. But uh, then the gray of Russia Ukraine for instance, also known as the truth, is that, in fact, the US State Department was provoking heavily for over a decade to make that war come to pass. So it's not enough to just say, well, we disagree with the Democrats. Their their worldview is nuts. That oh just unprovoked invasion by Russia into Ukraine, and in fact it's just because he's a dictator and he wants to overthrow the democratic system of Ukraine, and you know, Ukraine is great and they ought to be out of to NATO and blah blah like. It's obviously detached from reality on so many levels. But it's also detached from reality to just say, even though it's okay to have this perspective, but it is not. It is not a thorough analysis by any stretch of the imagination, to just say I don't think we should be involved, I don't think we should be funding it. Well, that's fine, it's fine to say that, and in fact I would prefer you say that, But the reality is we have been funding it for years, many many years prior to the invasion, and we've had CIA agents that were training Ukrainian defense forces on the ground there long before Russia ever invaded. We had midn Revolution, you have Victoria Nolan, you have John McCain and Lindsey Graham on the ground talking about how we're going to take it to Russia next year. That was twenty eighteen. The invasion doesn't come for three years later. So obviously there's a lot to this story that the general public is not privy to. But the point is it's again it's the in between where the truth lies. And unfortunately, yes it's often described as conspiracy theorizing, which I don't think it is. I think it's actually just analyzing and getting to the bottom of it. But my point is is that the two world's phenomenon does not encompass the truth in that regard. Again, I do think that the Trump Maga America first worldview is closer to the right answer, but it's not all encompassing of what's actually transpiring. The sad thing, if you ever talked to any relatives about this stuff like try and I'm sure you do this already. But if you don't, if you've totally given up, try and talk to one of your relatives, your aunt, your mom, your dad, your grandma, whatever, and if they have different political perspectives from you, and ask them what they thought about the Kamala Harrison interview. What's amazing is that a huge percentage of them, particularly if they are Democrats or Democrat voters, because they're mortified of Donald Trump, they will tell you a lot of them sincerely, that she did great, that she went into the lions Den, that she girl bossed, that she snapped back, that she stood her own, that Donald Trump is ducking a second debate with her. Well she's willing to go on Fox News. Do you know how courageous that is? But here's here's the reality. Their bar of expectations have been so lowered by the propaganda that they've endured for years and years and years, that that's all it takes for them to be impressed. I mean, think about what they're coming out of. You have Joe Biden, who is a shell of himself, and he was never an impressive man to begin with, but let's be honest, over the past four years, he deteriorated significantly and very rapidly over the past year.
Speaker 3: But they didn't even know that. They didn't even know.
Speaker 6: Because the dutiful media apparatics ran cover for him and they said that he's fine and this is a conspiracy, and that Joe's doing great, he's sharp as attack. Well, now you have the same and because of that, that kind of grooming or molding of their minds, well, she is at least capable of standing her own you know, she didn't stumble over her words like Joe does now, keeping in mind she didn't actually have anything of material value to say. But it's still an improvement in their eyes from the bumbling dotard that is Joe Biden. It's breaking them, it's breaking their perception of reality that because they accept they accepted such a poor performance for so many years from Joe Biden, and they were told that they were good and moral and just for doing so.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Now this is obviously acceptable because they were accepting this obvious farce for years. So now this is even though it's still a farce, it's less of a farce than trying to pretend that Joe Biden was sharp as attack. You understand, You see how that it's a ratchet like it's ratcheting their brains down into accepting nonsense. But if you talk to them, they're not lying to you. I think that's the thing that's really hard for people to accept is that for most of them, they're so mentally broken that they honestly believe that Kamala Harris did pretty damn good or at least better than Joe And for them, that's a win because she did it talking to the demons over at Fox News. Again, this is another great example of the two worlds phenomenon. Trump Country thinks that MSNBC and CNN and all these news channels are evil propaganda left as garbage. They're right, by the way, But then the left thinks that Fox News is that as well, and it's just like it's all in the bag for Trump, and it's that's it, that's all there is to it. It's just a propagandare here's the reality that's wrong.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 6: Fox News isn't in the bag for Donald Trump. They are in the bag of power, and if Trump wins, they certainly want to be in his good graces. But let's be honest. They called Arizona right away in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: They weren't.
Speaker 6: They weren't running cover for Donald Trump. We're running cover for power. So yes, they are controlled opposition, but they are not the same thing that CNN and MSNBC are, which are just dutiful soldiers for the leftist power structure. Fox News is not that they are controlled opposition of that power structure. Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked, and this brings me to the next topic that I wanted to discuss. Mark Halperin went on with Tucker Carlson yesterday. Monetary Metals is providing a true alternative to saving and earning in dollars by making it possible to save and earn in gold and silver. Monetary Metals has been paying interest on golden silver for over eight years, and right now credit investors can earn twelve percent annual interests on silver paid in silver in their latest silver bond offering. For example, if you have one thousand ounces of silver and the deal, you receive one hundred and twenty ounces of silver interest paid to your account in the first year. Go to the link of the description our head to monetary dash metals dot com slash lockdown to learn more about how to participate. And to start earning a return on honest money. Again with monetary medals. This is the first true silver bond since eighteen thirty four. You can earn a twelve percent annual interest on silver paid in silver, but you must be an incredited investor to participate. This is a three year term and the bond is financing a publicly traded mining company located in the Western United States.
Speaker 3: Again, go to.
Speaker 6: Monetary dash Metals dot com slash lockdown to learn more.
Speaker 4: Let's say Trump wins three weeks from today, what happens the Democratic parties. I mean, as you said, a lot of Democrats, maybe the majority, believe that Trump becoming president again is the worst thing.
Speaker 2: That ever could happen. Sospond, I say this not flippantly. I think it will be the cause of the greatest mental health crisis in the history of the country. I don't. I think tens of millions of people will question their connection to the nation, their connection to other human beings, their connection to their vision of what their future for them and their children could be like. And I think that will be require an enormous amount of access to mental health professionals. I think it'll lead to a trauma in the workplace. I think there'll be some degree of one hundred percent serious, one hundred percent serious. I think they'll be alcoholism, they'll be broken marriages, they'll be Yeah, they think he's the worst person possible to be president. And having won by the hand of Jim Comey and fluke in twenty sixteen and then performed in office for four years and denied who won the election last time, and January sixth, the fact that under a fair election America chose by the rules pre agreed to Donald Trump again. I think it will cause the biggest mental health crisis in the history of America.
Speaker 6: So what does he cite there? All of the things that I just laid out right the well, I didn't mention the twenty sixteen election where Comy servers information about Hillary Clinton may have assisted Donald Trump, so they believe that by a fluke. And also, obviously I didn't even mention Russian collusion. The whole reason Trump got into twenty sixteen is because Vladimir Putin himself was personally assisting him with a couple hundred thousand worth of Facebook ads. Set that little tid bit aside that was enough to sway it, obviously, But then you have j six you have twenty twenty and his refusal to accept the outcome of the election, and basically insurrection and all of the narratives that I've already demonstrated how they are at least somewhat detached from reality, if not entirely detached. But his point is well taken. In some ways, Tucker was feigning incredulity in that we already saw this when Trump won the first time in twenty sixteen. You had Beeoble jobed on their knees in tears, screaming out to the heavens. How could you have done this to me? Of course it's going to happen again if he wins. Of course Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump is now President of the United States.
Speaker 8: President a great arder to be able to introduce, for the first time ever anywhere the forty fifth president of the United States of America done.
Speaker 6: With, And I might add, because it has been another really, it's been another eight years of propaganda kind of molding people's minds to believe that he is just this embodiment of evil and totalitarianism, that therefore, yes he is, he's a bigger threat. He's more of an impediment to my lifestyle and my freedom. And for them it's just like how many abortions can I get? But whatever, that's their freedom from their perspective, So they they they're going to react even more off kilter, even more just deranged. And the point I wanted to drive home is that, well, this is a product of the two worlds phenomenon that I think at its core, when people live in a way that is detached from the truth, it has a way of seeping into your mental health. It's a kind of a weird, bold claim, I guess, so I have to try and justify why. I think that there's something to be said for when you are living in the truth, when you are doing good things, when you are not having to lie. I think there's a toll that is paid when you are living a life of deception. I mean, if you look at people who who do something evil, criminal or whatever, they hurt somebody, oftentimes they will spiral like this is a causation, correlation, causation, you know, argument. But oftentimes those people will end up as drug addicts. Fathers that leave their kids when they're young, for instance. Those guys usually don't go on to have great lives right now. You could argue that they left their kids behind because they were just broken people to begin with, and I'm sure to a certain extent that's true. But I also think that there's something about just doing the wrong thing and then you are essentially emotionally destroyed over it for the remainder of your life, and that's why you end up being a drug addict or whatever else. Some people are sociopaths, they could just leave their kids behind and they have no problem with it. Setting those people aside, I'm talking about more normal people that end up in that circumstance. So point being, I think that because of what I think are active measures, active psychological operations that are being ran against the American people. Thanks to the fact that during the NDAA Reauthorization twenty twelve and the Smith Modernization Act, it's now legal to propagandize the American people. I think that because of those measures, along with the following year Barack Obama's executive order to mandate DEI departments across all federal agencies across the entire United States government, I think those two maneuvers have allowed for immense propaganda to be levied and way against the American people. And because of that, even though if you talk to an average Democrat voter or an MSNBC or a scene in viewer, they are fairly convinced they are functioning with the truth. In fact, they are basically certain if they're talking to a Trump supporter in particular, they could not be more certain. But there's just something about the truth and how it seeps into your orbit and if you are functioning under a barrage of lies, like if you actually are operating under a deceitful premise, there is cognitive dissonance that starts to arise within you, that it starts to torture you, that you realize that, like, look, i still believe the things I believe, but I'm seeing these things that are making me feel like maybe I've got some of this wrong.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: They may not verbalize that, they may not speak it out loud lest they be ostracized, but they still sense it.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's really what we've seen a lot.
Speaker 6: Of after the safe and effective, you know, covid era, is that it's very hard for those people who have lined up dutifully for their boosters, but they still have come down with the coup multiple times to lecture any of us, like, have you heard remember all of a peer pressure that you were dealing with in twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, when it came to if you were like me and you were kind of refusing to go along with any of that nonsense, they didn't have any problem lecturing you NonStop about it, like and shaming you viciously.
Speaker 3: When's the last time they did that? Oh? Not at all.
Speaker 6: Huh, Yeah, me too. I haven't heard from a single one of those motherfuckers, not at all. So what's that tell you. Well, they may not verbally come up to you and apologize, they may not say, look, I got that wrong, but they sensed it and they know that they got it wrong, and they aren't gonna fucking talk about it anymore. And I think that's what we're really witnessing, is that a lot of these people, especially what Mark Halpern was talking about, how they're going to have a mental breakdown. Well Trump to them, they still have Like. This is the problem with the left broadly is that they don't extrapolate when they realize that some aspect of their propaganda narrative has been false. They don't extrapolate and then go, well, what else have I been believing?
Speaker 3: That's wrong?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, they don't do that. So they ought to realize that, oh Fauci wasn't my savior. They ought to extrapolate and go, maybe J six wasn't an insurrection, Maybe they weren't trying to overthrow the government. Maybe there were informants involved. What about that bomb thing? They don't do any of that. They don't go maybe Trump isn't, you know, a future fascistic dictator. Maybe he's just a guy who he's brash and I don't like him, but like he's whatever he was. He was the president for four years. We didn't have any wars, you know, the economy was a little bit that are functioning.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's not so bad now.
Speaker 6: They don't extrapolate the lessons of safe and effective and then apply it to these other narratives that they function that are obviously delusional. As always, today's episode is brought to you by Phoenix ammo dot com. Phoenix Ammunition is the premiere supplier to the militia industrial complex. I absolutely love this company. They are founded by savages, building products for savages, and you are those savages. So let's put it all together, right, Go to Phoenix amo dot com. That's f e n ixa m mo dot com to reload I don't know how to put it. Also, you can follow them on x at Phoenix Ammo. Great company, great guys, and I think you'll love their product phoenixammo dot com. So because of that, if, as Mark Alpern said, if Trump gets back in there, well they're going to absolutely flip out, like lose their fing minds. And I think that the reality is a lot of them have already lost their minds. Let me show you a clip to demonstrate why I believe that.
Speaker 3: What's your name? None of your business?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately? Okay, hello, nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: None of your business?
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: But do you love America?
Speaker 3: Yes? I do. I hate America.
Speaker 10: I every state in the USA should be an independent country.
Speaker 3: What do you think of this?
Speaker 9: Well, I just first have to ask, since you hate the country, do you plan to leave?
Speaker 10: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 9: Do you plan to go live in another country?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: I do not.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 10: Your faith is idiots.
Speaker 9: America is the only country where even those who hate it refuse to leave.
Speaker 3: That's how you know you live in a great country, and you prove that.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you.
Speaker 10: May I have a hat.
Speaker 9: No, so let me ask you none of your business. Who do you plan to vote for?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 9: I plan to vote for Kamala Harris. Why. I mean you answered my question.
Speaker 2: So I'm done here.
Speaker 9: Can you tell me her greatest accomplishment?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 9: Can you tell me a single accomplishment?
Speaker 7: I cannot.
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 7: I want to leave.
Speaker 10: Like like.
Speaker 6: Now, I am not going to extrapolate and say that that person.
Speaker 3: I don't know their pronouns. I'll just say that person.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to extrapolate and say that person is indicative of your average Democrat voter. But let's be honest, every single person that looks like that is a Democrat voter, all of them. If I set aside kind of my concerns about where those people are leading this country, I have a lot of sympathy for them, aside from the fact that they're destroying the nation I love. I do I feel terrible for that person. I mean, that's obviously it looks to me like it's a man who's maybe transitioning. I'm not sure there's long hair, but still kind of a more masculine voice, still masked up four years later, obviously just broken physically, emotionally, mentally, says that they hate the country and they intend to vote for Kamala Harris. Can they give you an achievement of hers? No, no they can't, not a one. But let's be honest, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't matter if she has any achievements. She's just not Trump, and for them it has become their north star or south star, if you will. Whatever is away from the south star of Trump is obviously good. So therefore it does not matter what she has accomplished. But if you see that person like I just saw them, and you think about who they are deeply, yes, it's easy to have sympathy. But moreover, it's very easy to see that if after finally getting this four year reprieve of getting Donald Trump out of power, which should have remedied everything in their lives. It didn't, obviously look at the video, but they get this four year break and then he gets back in. How how is that possible? That's all they're going to be thinking. They're gonna be like everything I have been told over the past eight years about how evil this guy is, that he's a Putin's puppet and he's a fascist, and he's gonna take away all of my rights, and he's gonna get us.
Speaker 7: Into a world war.
Speaker 3: He's gonna destroy everything.
Speaker 6: And he's gonna lock up, he's gonna deport thirty million people, and he's gonna go after trans people and all this fear mongering stuff about you know what Trump is going to do if he ever gets back into power, and the American people voted for it, they wanted that again. It will destroy people like that, It is going to shatter them. After doing the whole two worlds rant and explaining why I think people are so broken, I just want you guys to be prepared as because I think you guys are part of the third world. Not the third world as in like you shit in the streets, but like the third worldview that you guys are actually interested in the truth. You do tend to see the nuance in between the polar perspectives that a lot of people function under, that you're actually trying to get to the bottom of it as opposed to good team, bad team, like what's the truth? That for me, it's not about a team unless the team is called truth, Like that's the team I'm on. I really really want to get to the truth of all these things.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's.
Speaker 6: Very challenging in this environment because you can't find hardly anybody else out there that isn't a partisan, that is actually, at their core just genuinely interested in the truth. Even a lot of people I like they are still they're so in the bag for Trump that even though like I may agree with them more politically than I do Rachel Maddow or whatever, it's still very hard to take them seriously because I know if they read something that is damaging to Donald Trump, well they're not going to report on it, Or if they have a disagreement with one of his policy proposals, they ain't gonna say shit. That's tough, and it makes you, as someone who's actually interested in the truth, I feel like you're going crazy that there's no one else out there that's actually looking for the truth, non partisan.
Speaker 3: What the fuck actually happened on that day?
Speaker 6: What happened on j six, What happened to actually lead to Russia invading Ukraine? The answer for most people is that, you know, I don't really care Clinton. I'm not not talking to you, guys. I'm saying most people though, they're just like I just I don't have enough time, and I don't blame people. Then, and what you're seeing is like you have this partisan divide.
Speaker 3: It's like all in.
Speaker 6: Trump, all in anti Trump, and then you have the people who've just given up. And that's a huge, huge, huge amount of people that are just like this is too confusing. I don't have time to figure this out, so I'm just gonna pack it like my brothers this way. I don't want to throw him under the bus. But like he does not follow this stuff at all, not at all. I think he's more conservative leaning, but he doesn't like the day to day. If you were to ask him, he's like, I don't know anything about that. He's a firefighter. He's gonna go put out fires. That's it. That's all he knows about. And I think like he's he's actually more reflective of the average American than I am. Like I'm the odd ball, So I'm not trying to make him or you know, degrade him at all.
Speaker 3: Then there's our.
Speaker 6: Camp, which are the very in tune with the political day to day, but genuinely interested in the truth, like y'all are the odd balls, like and you know it. You know it in your day to day life if you go talk to anybody else in your life, if you talk to a hardcore drop support or if you talk to a hardcore Democrat.
Speaker 3: You can't relate to them and they can't you.
Speaker 6: But the weird thing is, like, I think you're doing the most work to get to a foundational basis that is the most honest and truthful and functioning, but yet it alienates you and I It makes it so that we feel totally adrift, and it's a tough it's a tough place to be. I think this is why so few people are libertarians. I think there's a lot of people that have libertarian instincts, but they are not willing to deal with the social ostracization that comes with it. You have to have a bit of a like defiant. People say it's a personality disorder. I don't think it is. I think it's just healthy. But like a defiant bone in your body, you have to be a very independent, minded, kind of courageous, honest, just willing to deal with the pain of having some Some people just stop talking to you, like you have to be okay with that. Some people aren't okay with that, Like they would rather just maintain all relationships and they're just gonna like they will lie, they will lie to do that. And I think libertarians, more truth oriented conservatives, not the hardened to paint cultis, are like, yeah, I'm going to I'm going to lose some friends and family over my beliefs. It's crazy. It's crazy what we have to do. But you know, kudos to you guys. I think it's an important it's an important skill set. We need a hell of a lot more people like you and I And my hope is that because it does take courage, and I do genuinely believe that courage is largely contagious. That if you get to a tipping point where it's so popular to be that that it will actually inspire those that are more libertarian minded but they are concerned with the ostracization, will realize that they actually have a larger community on the other side of the rainbow, so to speak, that it is worth taking that leap, that yes, you may lose some, but you will gain more. And for those people, the less obstinate, I think that would be enough to persuade them to go all in. If you will, I do want to show you one clip from the interview, just to make a broader point.
Speaker 7: Frankly, exhausted of Brett more than people.
Speaker 1: To tell the country is on the wrong track. They say the country is on the wrong track. If it's on the wrong track, that track follows three and a half years of you being vice president and President Biden being president. That is what they're saying, seventy nine percent of them. Why are they saying that? If you're turning the page. You've been in office for three and a half years.
Speaker 7: And Donald Trump has been running for office, but.
Speaker 2: You've been the person home on the office.
Speaker 7: What you and I both know what I'm talking about? You and I both know what I'm actually what are you talking about? What I'm talking about is that over the last decade, people have the power.
Speaker 2: But listen, come on, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: No, actually I don't know. No, No one knows what you're talking about. Donald Trump has also been running for office. Relevancy, your honor objection relevancy. There is no she's an attorney, My god, what is the what is the relevancy of that. It's obviously it's a it's a misdirect, it's a distraction, it's trying to obfuscate her own culpability. But I think at the end of the day, here's the truth. If seventy nine now that poll is probably wrong, I doubt that many people, but maybe said seventy nine percent of people pulled felt like the countries on the wrong track. At the end of the day, regardless of what propaganda you're being fed, a huge percentage of people when they go to that ballot box two week, twenty days, nineteen days from now, are are going to say to themselves, Look, I'm not a huge fan of Trump. I'm not a huge fan of Kamala Harris. But here's the reality.
Speaker 3: The current regime. I feel like the country has had in the wrong direction.
Speaker 6: If that's almost four out five people are feeling that way, If you think that they're not gonna get you know, fifty one percent or whatever the plurality is, that's victorious to say to themselves, I just want something different.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the reality is.
Speaker 6: That, regardless of you know what your favorability towards Donald Trump, is a lot of people are just gonna say, I got I gotta do something other than what we're doing now. And I think that's the uphill slog that they have, that's the cognitive dissonance that their supporters are dealing with.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking about those that live in New York City or LA that feel as if their lives are fine because they're super wealthy and everything's great. If fed the stock market, we're doing fine. I'm talking about everybody else though. I think at the end of the day, everybody else is going to say themselves, this trajectory sucks and we got to change it. And I'm not gonna tell anybody, but I'm tucking pulling the lever for Donald Trump. That's what they're gonna do. So I think that's that's the outcome. And if you look at the betting markets, it's over sixty percent now I think it was sixty two point seven percent or something like that on the betting markets. Saan Trump's going to win. I think that's what we're looking at right now. I'd be very surprised if he loses it. And I think the reason is that ultimately reality will surpass narrative and propaganda.
Speaker 3: At least I hope, so we'll see, just to show.
Speaker 6: That I'm not part of the cult, but I'm actually trying to think these things through myself. There has been a hard pitch from Donald Trump to essentially wage economic warfare through tariffs to try and onshore domestic production, and I put out a question to my audience. Actually, surprisingly large amount of you guys actually agreed with me that maybe there is an argument to be made that tariffs are necessary. And then obviously the more puritanical libertarians chastise me and got very upset. But setting them aside, I think this is actually an interesting thought experiment. And just for the record, I haven't come to a firm conclusion. I'm thinking this thing. I'm thinking this through as we go. But because I'm thinking that Donald Trump is likely to win, I think it's a good idea for us to kind of do a thought experiment and say, like, is he on the right track or should we be advocating strongly against this very heavy terror regime that he's pushing forward. So here's one of his economic advisors explaining what they plan to do.
Speaker 2: And of course it's a bargainingship.
Speaker 11: We can sell a Ford or GM in Europe.
Speaker 3: You go to Europe, you.
Speaker 2: Can't sell Ford a GM.
Speaker 11: Why there's one hundred percent tariffs? How about in Japan one hundred percent tariffs? So do you think if we said we're going to tariffy you the way you terrify us. Do you think they're going to allow Mercedes and all these Japanese companies and Porsches and BMW's to all of a sudden, I have one hundred percent taffs in America. Of course that they're going to come and negotiate, and their taffs are going to come down, and finally Ford and General Motors are going to be able to sell in these places.
Speaker 3: How does that sound?
Speaker 11: Of course they're going to come down. Of course, this is just negotiatingly.
Speaker 12: It absolutely makes sense if you do it strategically. If it's across the board, it creates a real problem. And the question is whether you believe the president is going to do it strategically or across the board. He keeps saying it across the board.
Speaker 11: Well, when you're running for office, you make broad statements. Who people understand you, Okay, Tariffs are an amazing tool by the president to use they're an amazing tool. But he understands, don't tariff's stuff we don't make. Right, if we don't make it and you want to buy it, I don't want to put.
Speaker 2: The price up there.
Speaker 11: It's pointless. But use tariffs to build an American if we want to make it in America, TARIFFIC or if we're competing with the TARFFT.
Speaker 3: But you got to remember, we need.
Speaker 5: To protect the American worker.
Speaker 11: Finally someone's going to protect the American worker, and Donald Trump is here to protect the American work at them.
Speaker 6: I actually agreed with the other commentator when he said, look, I think if you're Trump, and in his defense, like Trump is in fact saying that he's going to do blanket tariffs, and I read somewhere that it was going to be ten percent tariffs for all imported goods. I think that's a terrible idea, just for the reasons that all of my favorite economists would argue that. I don't think it's a good idea to do a blanket tariff. That is just like pure protectionism. I think that what we want to strive towards is free trade. If you've been on a Kedo diet or high protein, low carb any variety in that realm. I'm telling you, guys, the best snack to add to your regimen, in my opinion, is Anton's Land of Biltong. You can get a discount by using the promo code lockdown ten. If you'll order a whole bunch, you'll get ten percent off. If you order more than forty five bucks. If you use a promo code lockdown, you get free shipping. That is landof Biltong dot com. That's Land of You know how to spell that b I l t n G dot com. Promo code lockdown ten. Get yourself ten percent off or lockdown for free shipping. You're going to love this product. It is a delicious snack, it's healthy. It'll get you in better shape so when the apocalypse comes you can actually fight back. Enjoy Land of biltonk dot com. What a lot of libertarians don't give enough credence to is that there are, as he explained, immense tariffs that are already being levied by a ton of other foreign countries that make it so that our domestic economy cannot export to them. Now, do you think it's fair that we don't tear if any of the vehicles. I mean, we probably do to a very low level, but far and far less than the tariffs that they're charging domestic manufacturers in America to export our products to them. Like obviously the playing field is totally out of whack China has. I mean, up until the Trump presidency, China was doing that extremely heavily. So I understand the counter arguments. I understand that if you levy tariffs in an effort to try and get them to reciprocally lower theirs, and they don't, well then you're just in a trade war. And ultimately the cost is born by the consumer because all of those taxes that you're charging on these imported goods is just going to be passed on to the consumer.
Speaker 3: Duh, Right.
Speaker 6: But here's the variable that they give no credit to at all, is that, Well, what if Mercedes Benz and BMW and Porsche and all these other European manufacturing carmakers go to their government because they have lobbying powers just like FORID and GM do in America, and they say, hey, we can't have this. We can't have a one hundred percent tariff on Mercedes and BMW's and Porsches. We sell a crazy amount of these things into the United States. You have to lower them, you have to allow we will compete. Because here's the other variable. I don't think Austrian economists give enough credence to the reserve currency of the world and the fact that America is the number one consumer economy that every other country wants desperately to sell their goods into America, so we have a lot of leverage there. Additionally, because we are the reserve currency, we export our dollars to them.
Speaker 3: So what's it do.
Speaker 6: It creates an offshoring of our manufacturing. So because of that, you hollow out the industrial capacity of your country. That's what we've witnessed. You go to Detroit, you'll see it for yourself. You go to any of the other kind of industrial capitals of America, many of them are ghost towns. Now you can argue that that is just division of labor, and then ultimately that frees us up to then invest in less industrial innovations. And certainly we have done that to a large extent with social media, big tech, all that. But at some point you have to consider the consequences of having not enough middle class, high paying or at least adequately paying jobs for your people to have a good lifestyle that also keeps them kind of like culturally bounded that they feel good about the trajectory of the country and their lives and their capacity to get ahead. And just make it clear, I do understand these. The counter arguments to this is that, like, look, we would be far better off if we were to reduce taxes, reduce the regulatory environment, stop printing so much money so that we're not inflating our currency which makes it harder and harder for us to compete globally. I agree with all of that. I'm just saying, as a band aid, does it make sense to try and negotiate a reciprocal reduction of the trade war which is at this junction being unilaterally waged against us and not retaliated upon whatsoever or very very minimally. And I think that's That's the question that I've been kind of mulling over, is like, for instance, don't I don't support having nuclear weapons. I think that having a government, any government, with nuclear weapons, is extraordinary danger to humanity. But if you were to ask me, hey, Clint, would you support while we're in a proxy war with Rwrussia and kind of a cold war with China over Taiwan, et cetera, et cetera. Would you support unilateral nuclear disarmament just from the US side? And I thought about this a lot, and I think that the answer is probably no, And that may surprise you, but I still believe that not. It's not just the American government which is the danger to me. There are other governments all over the world that are also bad. Right, And if we had no nukes, and we've been essentially fucking with these people for decades and decades, like under the current paradigm, would you just if you could hit a switch and make all of the nuclear weapons in the American arsenals only inoperable, would you do so? I think that no, I wouldn't because I still would like to not die, right, And I think that that's essentially what Mesis and Rothbard and a bunch of bunch of other you know, economists that I really appreciate they have argued for. They have argued for unilateral financial nuke disarmament. That's what they've advocated for. Here's the counter argument for Milton Friedman. He said in nineteen sixty two he made the case for unilateral free trade as the best and fastest path to economic prosperity. Given that we should move to free trade, how should we do so. The method that we have tried to adopt is reciprocal negotiation of tariff productions with other countries. This seems to me a wrong procedure. In the first place, it ensures a slow pace. He moves fastest, who moves alone. In the second place, it fosters an erroneous view of the basic problem. It makes it to appear as if tariffs help the country imposing them but hurt other countries, as if when we reduce a tariff, we give up something good and should get something in return in the form of a reduction of the tariffs imposed by other countries. In truth, the situation is quite different. Our tariffs hurt us as well as other countries. We would be benefited by dispensing with our tariffs even if other countries did not. We would of course be benefited even more if they reduced theirs, but our benefiting does not require that they reduce tariffs. Self interest coincid and do not conflict. I believe that it would be far better for us to move to free trade unilatterally as Britain to the nineteenth century when it repealed the Corn laws, we, as they did, would experience an enormous ascension of political and economic power. We are a great nation that will behoove us to require reciprocal benefits from China, Mexico or Europe before we reduce the terify on products from those countries. I think it's interesting that he says it behooves us to require reciprocal benefits. It's like, well, then that's what I'm arguing, But he continues, Let us live up to our destiny and set the pace, not be reluctant followers. A prompt but gradual program would be to legislate that all import quotas or other quantitative restrictions be raised by twenty percent a year until they are so highly become irrelevant and can be abandoned, and that all terroriffs be reduced by one tenth of the present level in each of the next ten years. There are a few measures we could take that would do more to promote the cause of freedom at home and abroad. We could assume a consistent and principled stance by saying to the rest of the world we believe in freedom and intend to practice it. No one can force you to be free. That is your business. But we can offer you full cooperation on equal terms to all. Our market is open to you. Sell here what you can and wish to use the proceeds to buy what you wish. In this way, cooperation amongst individuals can be worldwide yet free. Here's the problem, Milton, it didn't work out. I think that's the real issue here, right, is that in fact, these other countries did not stop tariffs. Well, yes, it has made our cost of living artificially low.
Speaker 3: In some ways.
Speaker 6: That has also provided a mask for the Federal reserve and the inflation because we import all of these cheaper goods from the rest of the world, so we still feel as if we're wealthy. Well, in actual terms, we're getting poor. So something to consider there. And I'm not sure, because most of them were writing before the US dollar was the reserve currency of the world, I'm not sure that if they were writing today they would feel the same way. And that's a bold claim to make, and I obviously can't prove it to you, but I wonder if some of them, seeing the consequences of the paradise that they advocated on behalf of if they would say to themselves, you know, all of those other things I detailed out, you know, lowering regulations and taxes and everything else, if that's not an option on offer, would they be okay with trying to use tariffs to negotiate all of these massive tariffs that these foreign governments are levying. Would they think that that's a fair kind of middle ground in gain theory, to try and get them to lower their tariffs so that we could then export more of our domestic production to the rest of the world. And I think some of them might I do. I don't know. I don't know for sure, but I think it's an interesting thought experiment and interesting argument. And I'm sorry this was much more wonky than you guys are probably accustomed to, and probably very lame for some of you, But I think for the more libertarian minded you guys may find it interesting. So I don't know what the answer is. I just think that we're essentially having an economic war waged against US as is, and I believe in self defense, and therefore I think that it's probably prudent to try and leverage our purchasing capacity as the largest consumer market on the planet and to say, look, this is mutually assured destruction. Same, it's the same logic behind MAD when it comes to nuclear weapons. We don't want to tear iff you. I want to be very clear, I'm just I'm pretending that I'm the negotiator. We do not want to, but you guys have been tariffing our industry into oblivion and it has made us impossible for us to export. We have gleefully purchased tens of thousands of your goods over the past fifty years. But all it has done because you're not being you're not reciprocating the kindness of having no tariffs. We're going to match whatever you levy on, whatever industry you levy it, we will match that. And if you reduce it, we will. We will mirror your reduction, just across the board, every industry, across the board.
Speaker 3: I think it's an.
Speaker 6: Interesting negotiating tactic. I think that it would work in many regards. I think that much of our more allied nations would undoubtedly say, Okay, we get it. We've been taking advantage of you for decades. We're gonna respect your demands. Some of our more antagonistic relationships probably won't and it may escalate further, and you'd have to kind of deal with it on a case by case basis. But at the current trajectory, it looks like we are hollowing out the middle class, we are destroying our industrial capacity, and we are being taken advantage of by the rest of the world, the rest of the world which does not have the economic power that we do for now. And I feel like we are at some point in the not too distant future going to lose our position as the number one economy on Earth, and therefore we need to be making some maneuvers to kind of cushion that impact. And I think that this could serve as a cushion to try and buy us more time. That's my logic, that's my rationale. I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of people that discree with me ferociously on this, and feel free to drop those in the comments. But if you enjoyed this episode, if you enjoyed the thought experiment, please do hit the like, subscribe, and share this around. For the love of God, I hope you guys are enjoying these episodes. I'm putting more effort into them than I ever have. I'm dedicating just a tremendous amount of time to think these things through and try and have something interesting for you to process, because I only want to do this if I think it's interesting, and I thought this one was, so if.
Speaker 3: You agreed, hit the like, subscribe, share it around, love you guys.
Speaker 6: Pease quick note October I think it's twenty fifth and twenty sixth. Go to brogrove dot com. It is the Bohemian Grove. It's gonna be a bunch of conspiracy theorists podcasts, as well as me and Leonarda, Jony, my whole crew at Tower Gang. It's gonna be a blast. There's gonna be hundreds of people there. It's gonna be really fun time. If you're in or around Central Florida, if you want to make the trek out to meet with us and hang out, it's gonna be a blast. I absolutely had a phenomenal time we did the last one with Sam Tripley. This one's gonna be with Leonarda. She's one of the most canceled comics in the world right now, so you know it's gonna be raw and rambunctious and enjoyable. Also, so yeah, bro Grove dot com to find tickets for that. I hope to see a whole bunch of you guys there. And then, lastly, but not least, I was on the What Is Money Show or What Is Money Podcast with Robert Breedlove. It was in person. I thought it was a fantastic interview. It's a full hour. If you guys want to check me out over there. It is called What Is Money? You can find it wherever your podcasts are sold.
Speaker 3: See you guys, So welcome to Liberty Lockdown. It's got your plock home to Liberty.
Speaker 5: Ain't come but yeah, it's alcohol.
Speaker 3: It's where did it come from? And where did he go?