Speaker 1: Five o five. I think you.
Speaker 2: I have k r C the talk station.
Speaker 3: Friday e dude, may abide, I do not quite often. Happy Friday Eve slash Thursday.
Speaker 2: Call it what you want.
Speaker 3: That's the day of the week it is, and I'm glad you're tuned in. Got a good morning here on the fifty five k S morning. Sure, at least my perception of it is good because our favorite citizen watchdog, Todd Zenzer of the Citizen Watchdog podcast, former Inspector General. We'll join in the program at seven o five. He'll be in studio, which I love Todd's willingness to stop on in and we have a full hour of conversation, including topics like his latest podcast on Cincinnati's green ambitions. As the Trump administration turns away from the ridiculous green mandates, a pointless gesture for us to engage in it, even more pointless for a lone city out in the wilderness to engage in green ambitions, considering it has zero impact on the overall environment. We all breathe the same air, and the dirty air from China and India and Turkey and everplace else that doesn't abide by the green policies ends up floating over here at some point. Volcanoes are up, wildfires are up. Of course, we have that New Jersey wildfire that's still raging. It's consumed more than twenty square miles already and it is not contained yet, So that's adding to the carbon in the atmosphere. Yeah, can't stop that, CanYa. It's my favorite stat was the California wildfire has negated all of the efforts to decarbonize. The trillions of dollars that the country's engaged or has has squandered in those efforts, negated by a series of wildfires in California. It's a sissaphy and challenge. You're never going to get the boulder to the top of the mountain.
Speaker 2: Anyhow. We'll hear from.
Speaker 3: Todd on the latest enquire op ed on the Cincinnati being fiscally responsible. That's comical. Few words on Greg Landsman and his stock issues. Fair to disclose his investments, which is a violation of the law. Anyhow, since a councilwoman inciting violence against Tesla owners and dealerships, Yeah, that's what we need our council people to be doing.
Speaker 2: And to what end and to what purpose?
Speaker 3: Anyone well, because Doge and Elon Musk are ferreting out fraud, waste and abuse. The latest on that just real quick here, let me interject some fun facts on that one, because again, why would you go after Elon Musk? See the silence is deafening and you can feel free call if you want to chime in on that and have a legitimate reason five three, seven, four nine fifty eighty two to three. Talk running around with Elon Musk is a Nazi sign because he's doing a job for free that should have been done by our elected officials years and years and years ago, and that's getting rid of or not funding at the outset fraud, waste and abuse. Justice Department released just yesterday what they referred to as greatest Hits. Attorney General Pam Bondi announced this yesterday among the money that we'll be saved, and again it's small change compared to our broader problems, but more illustrations of the insanity from our federal government and where it is spending your hard earned labor. Say, they're saving two million dollars that was used for quote, national listening sessions of individuals with lived experience.
Speaker 2: If you know what that means. Let me know.
Speaker 3: I think it's so loosely worded it could legitimately mean anything. Somebody got two million dollars for that national listening sessions. And what are you supposed to do with a listening session? Does it require some you know, objective to be achieved? Are we just listening? I've had Joe, have you had lived experience? You've been on this planet for quite some time.
Speaker 2: I've been on longer than you.
Speaker 3: I have my entire life lived experience, various experiences, some quite memorable. Six hundred and ninety five thousand dollars for quote a parallel convergent mixed methods case study research design to assess the efficacy of police departments LGBTQ liaison services close quote. Do you have any concept of what that is?
Speaker 2: Joe? I mean, I'm pulling the room here.
Speaker 3: A quarter of a million dollars saved That was used to fund a grant for quote working with incarcerated transgender individuals providing gender affirming care to including housing in gender appropriate facilities. Close quote. You feel good about that? She concluded, with more to come. Yeah, And that's the sad part about it. This is, you know, the Doge's been at this for just about three months. Now more to come. I thought we'd seen the worst of the worst. Maybe we've just seen the tip of the iceberg, and yet you're out destroying Tesla's because of that.
Speaker 2: It's mind blowing.
Speaker 3: And finally we'll see what Todd Zenser is by way of support who he's supporting for mayor.
Speaker 2: I kind of have a feeling I know the answer to that question.
Speaker 3: Fast forward eight oh five Mandy gunnessa Kara Conservati opponent, author of y'all fired. We'll be talking with her about the media and the left subsession with ousting Pete Hegzef and their obsession with the MS thirteen gang member, whose record is more every day we get more and more information about that clown, and well, what should result in more and more embarrassment by the Democrats who actually are actively trying to bring him back, in their words, home and considering he's an illegal immigrant. I don't think he can really legitimately or legally refer to the United States as his home.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: iHeart media aviation extpert Jay Ratlif at eight thirty been a tough week for Southwest Airlines. We've got a deadly plane crash in DC forcing changes at other airports regarding helicopter traffic, the taxing Frontier Airlines Jet had a mechanical problem in the worst possible place. And of course the report on hub delays and whatever else I can come at by way of curveballs to throw a Jay rattlift that are not on his topic list.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 3: And since yesterday we did talk about the stadium funding deal with Jason Williams, who astutely observed that this sort of pre agreement, it's not been reduced to riding and affirm commitment, showed that the Bengals are really willing to step up to the play and fund a larger chunk of the funding request. And Jason pointed out he gas, I think this is a pr campaign because everyone's upset about the Bengals, who aren't worth a billion plus dollars. Apparently I read that yesterday. Aren't you know, willing to pay for their own stadium. It's their team, it's the revenue that they make off of playing in the stadium. Why shouldn't they fund the damn thing. Jason pretty much on my side of the ledger when it comes to public dollars tax pair dollars used to fund the stadiums. So Dan Monk and Paula Christian reporting on this bill, Blessing's idea, since AT Bengals and FC Cincinnati could improve their chances for state funding by well ending that Cleveland Browns deal that they negotiated with the House up here in Columbus, giving them six million dollars of taxpayer dollars funded by bonds that you and I will have to pay over the course of what twenty five years, which Dwaine even said, I just want to make it very clear, we do not have this money, referring to the six hundred million dollar ask, and again it's just for the Cleveland Browns complex. If you just bond the money that the Browns want, he said, that's a billion dollars over a period of twenty five years. It's about forty two to forty five million every year out of the budget. We do not have that money. We can't take it away from education. There's a pathway, but that's not the pathway. His original idea was to raise the gambling tax, which I don't necessarily think is the right thing to do. Why are you taxing gambling more than anything else. That's Blessing's idea. He wants to double the Ohio sports betting tax close to forty percent in order to fund not just the Cleveland Browns deal, but basically every other stadium deal in the entire state of Ohio, he said. Blessing said, I think the Bengals' best option to this point would be to lock arms with other teams and get behind the Governor's proposals start working Senate members on how this is much more sustainable. So after the Cleveland Browns well got rid of the Governor's plan and ended up I don't know how or what the hell the House is thinking, but they give Cleveland Browns this six hundred million bond deal and again, as DeWine points out, a lot of money annually to cover the debt service on it. But just the Browns benefit from this, and all the residents of the state of Ohio who will never set foot in that complex are supposed to pay for it, at least to the two of six hundred million dollars of the total one two point two billion dollar Dome Stadium entertainment district. So, of course, following up on that, they apparently weren't present during these requests. The Bengals had said they want three hundred and fifty million dollars for their stadium upgrades, totaling eight hundred and fifty million dollars. FC Cincinnati wants to be reimburse thirty percent of the constructuction costs on its planned three hundred and thirty two million dollar mixed use development near TQL Stadium. Oh see, everybody starts lining up Cleveland. Brown's got what they wanted. Well, how about giving us something too. Why don't you ask the taxpayers in the state of Ohio. They're behind this, Blessing said the quote. As Senate members see this kind of spiraling out of control, they're gonna see they're gonna either do one of two things, nothing at all, or they're going to just agree. You know what, Let's solve this once and for all with the plan the governor proposed, in other words, increase in the revenue on the gambling tax to pay for everything. I like the first of the two options. How about nothing at all? Screw all of you people, Blessing said. The Bengals requests would be a hard sell in the Senate quote simply because six hundred million dollars. The Brown is a hard sell. You add three hundred and fifty million dollars for the Bengals. Eventually, the Reds, the Guardians, the Blue Jackets, all of these other teams are going to want money. Like FC Cincinnati, legislation hasn't been specifically introduced on this addressing it, It's reported Blessing is introduced to bill that could revive the governor's stadium funding plan in a Senate version of the budget.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: This Senate Bill one fifty would increase the sports betting tax to thirty six percent and require teams to submit proposals to a newly created Sports Venue Redevelopment Commission. That's it, let's put another commission in play here. Also, the proposal limits state contributions to forty percent of project costs. Somebody wrote, wtf after that, how do you arrive at forty percent? Well, it's a cap. That way the taxpayers of the state of ohioan have to pay more than forty percent.
Speaker 2: Oh great, free.
Speaker 3: It's part FC Cincinnati's proposed revisions to the House budget bill in the hopes of them securing funding for their mixed use development near TQL stadium revisions include language allowing for thirty percent reimbursement of the construction costs for a quote, transformation or transformational major sports facility mixed usee project. Are you ready for the limitation in a county with at least seven hundred and fifty thousand in population? You see, that's where the limitation was in the Browns deal. It limited to counties with a million people. And we don't have that many people in Hamilton County. So just pair that number back and then cut out all the other counties in the state of Ohio that don't have seven hundred and fifty thousand population. That way, you deny their sports teams, as small as they may be, any opportunity to get state dollars to improve their facilities. FC released the statement. FC Cincinnati stronger believes that if the state of Ohio is to be involved in stadium projects, there should be a mechanism for all the states teams to be eligible for comparable support. Well, that will be all except for the seven hundred and fifty thousand less uh population counties in the state.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm perturbed by all of this. Five nineteen fifty five Kara City Talk station. Feel free to chime in and give me a call.
Speaker 2: Be right back.
Speaker 3: Five twenty three fifty five ker City Talk Station fee fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three Talk five five fifty on AT and T fund. Let's see what Chuck's got to say this morning. Chuck, welcome to the Morning Show and a very happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 4: Good morning. I don't know how many universities and colleges are in Ohio, but what they all like, you know, Dome Stadium, add in the high schools. Edit on Dome Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, added to the mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just but not that's fund everything, you know, Chuck, we do have just an infinite, unlimited amount of money. There's just so much money they've got up there. They have no budget issues, no problems. The list of you know, wants and needs is as long as a mile, and we can fund everything that everyone wants from government, adam of the list.
Speaker 4: I do know a way to help pay for it is taking half of the Senate, the Ohio State Senate, and stuff's pay going towards it.
Speaker 1: That would help.
Speaker 3: Well. I like the idea conceptually, because they're the one voting money out of your pocket, chuck to give to private entities like the Bengals to fund their grand and glorious you know, stadiums. You know, bread and circuses, folks, bread and circuses. But they are taxpayers too, I imagine, so they are paying in part for this as well. So they're voting money out of their own paychecks. But I like your idea better. They should bear the brunt of these ridiculous expenditures of money. I mean, this isn't like we're talking about education funding that would you know, serve the public good or not as the case maybe depending on how that education funding is going. But you know, we can all collectively appreciate the need to educate our children. It's a you know, it crosses political boundaries and lines. You know, the children need a good education. Yes, then you can argue all day long about what that education should consist of. And there's certainly a lot of cultural division in society over that. But we're talking about private, multi millionaire individual families that own sports teams that are getting your money. And what percentage of the population goes to the games anywhere or can even afford to go to the game. Jason Williams mentioned concessions you know the concessions outlets the other day funding some of these the improvements. Well, that's why you're paying twelve to fifteen bucks a pop for a beer, only to go up more if they're allocating some of their revenue to do stadium improvements that I keep arguing aren't really necessary. Do you need to make sure the concrete is secure and fixed and not crumbling? Absolutely? Do you need to need to make sure that the electric facilities are all working and in working order and not dangerous?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Maintenance and upkeep.
Speaker 3: Oh no, But we need millions and millions and millions of dollars to improve the private boxes that even fewer in the population will ever set foot in five twenty six fifty five KRCD talk station. I think I might need a moment of quiet reflection, which I could get at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Montgomery, beautiful Serene, a place for quiet, contemplace, prayer, reflection, pondering the mysteries of life, like why taxpayer dollars are going to private individuals. Don't hold that against gay to Heaven Cemetery. They may hold a different view on that. I'm just interjecting my personal thoughts as I do a live spot for this beautiful facility and it is gorgeous, seasonal flowers, trim lawns, they've got beautiful walking paths. Take a stroll and enjoy the good things of life, focus on what's really positive. It's a perfect place to do that and it is open for everyone's enjoyment. Ministering to the tri State more than seventy seven years an honoring life on sacred ground.
Speaker 2: That's gay to Heaven.
Speaker 3: Fight them online, check out more at gateof Heeaven dot org, fifty five KRC dot com. It is five thirty forty five KRCD talk station five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on eight and T phone. And if you did not get a chance to listen to yesterday Jack Atherton's Big Picture, the man is brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and I strongly encourage you to just check out that segment. It's at fifty five cars dot com on the podcast page, my blog page. Just love that guy. He has a certain eloquence and genius about him that's just unmatched.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, I think we got an award to give out local boy.
Speaker 3: Fox nineteen reporting Emilton County Prosecutor County Pillage announced Tuesday. This week the indictment of a twenty year old Sharonville man allegedly raped and impregnated a twelve year old girl. Prosecutors say the man's accused of raping the twelve year old repeatedly between October and January. The girl, now thirteen, is pregnant. He could face up to thirty three years in prison if he's convicted. That'd be hard time, wouldn't it, Joe, Prosecutor Pillage, I will not tolerate abuse of children in this community. This adult man prayed to a young girl and stole her innocence. He will be prosecutor to the fullest extent of the law. Well, I sure hope. So do you think if he had a tesla that would negate his crime?
Speaker 2: Joe? Can we give him the award Douche of the Universe?
Speaker 3: In all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche.
Speaker 2: Dum good going doun. Your dreams have come true. Yep, Like I said, it's gonna be a hard time for that.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: We got to again in Kentucky every every day, every hour for up to thirty three years. Twenty eight year old man dead after a truck bed fell on him. This in Union, Kentucky neighborhood. Happened yesterday morning, court to the Boone County Sheriff's Office. The spokesperson, Philip Ridge I was speaking with WCPO, said the man was working on a hydraulic line on the truck's bed when the line failed and the bed fell on the worker, killing him.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: Identity of the man who died not yet been Releasedly says the time. A cpo's reporting crew on the scene saw a large police and fire response, as well as officials of the Boone County Coroner's Office.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 3: One man hospitalized after being shot in Mount Echo happened last night, according to police. Since I Police Apartment's Captain Bauer, speaking with Fox nineteen, said one male taking the UC Medical Center after he got shot in Mountacho Park draw at Mountaco Park Drive. Bower said police responded to the report of the shots fired in the area. When police arrived, they found a twenty to thirty year old man with a gunshot wound to the leg, so the gunshot wound not life threatening. Apparently, Fox nineteen observed a crash vehicle at the scene, which police confirmed is the vehicle the victim was in. No rest and no suspects at this time. Twenty four year old man accused of murder in what the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office said was a retaliatory shooting over a rap video. How about just walking away? Warrants been issued for Runel Scott's rest after he was indicted on purposeful murder, felony murder, aggravated murder, and flow's assault charges connected with the shooting death of a twenty year old tree Shawn Smith back in twenty twenty two. Connie Pillach office said that Smith was hanging out with friends in Lochlan in the middle of the day on the twenty second of October twenty two when Scott allegedly drove by and shot him in the head. Smith taken the UC Medical Center, where he's pronounced dead. Prosecutor's office said an investigation by the Hemlin Can the Sheriff's office determined the shooting was connected to a rap video Smith and Scott's group made disrespecting each other amid a feud. After multiple interviews, Sheriff's Office was able to identify Scott as the shooter. Pillach in the release, these killings are senseless, stating the obvious, nothing, especially a perceived slight in a rap video, is worth killing over. Through good investigatory work with authorities identified Scott as a shooter, we never give up working to seek justice for victims. He could face life in prison over a rap video. Respect man, you're disrespecting me five thirty five ifty five. Care see the talk station. Take care of your home, and of course take care of your chimney. Take advantage of the chimney care fireplaces, stuffs, free exterior evaluation of your chimney to make sure you don't have any water damage. It could be a real and very costly problem if you're getting water leaking in around your chimney, So book the appointment and haven't inspected for free. Along with that inspection, if you hire them for the spring special woodburning sweep and evaluation for you wood burners out there, they'll do the full nine yards. Not only will they inspect the exterior, but they will also videocamera inspect the interior your fireplace chimney and sweep it by a certified chimney sweep Make sure everything's safe so you can hit the ground running when it's time to light a fire. So take advantage of the Spring special. It's only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. Great deal and excellent folks. They'll take fabulous care of you. They've been doing that since nineteen eighty eight and that's one of the reasons they enjoy in a plus with a better business bureau. Give them a call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred to book your appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, or book it online and learn more about chimney Care fireplaces stove at chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KARC the talk.
Speaker 5: Station Get ready to vote, O Hi, it's five.
Speaker 3: Forty ifif you have KRCD talk station. Friday Eve Stack is stupid. Unless you want to call, feel free to do so. Five one three seven four nine fifty eight two three Todd my friend Eric who's a regular listener, and I appreciate him and his memes. He's one of the great meme guys out there. He was up real early this morning. He wanted to make sure that this was in my stack of stupid and it was already there. Thank you to just Dreker. Let's start. Davies County, Kentucky woman accused of stealing a police cruisers seen wearing a motorcycle helmet and allegedly pulling a sword on officers, phrasing David Unty Sheriff's Department said thirty one year old Nina de Villez led police on a multi state chase Monday morning, charge with aiding police, criminal trespass, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct in Kentucky. According to the Indiana State Police, wore A County dispatch received a call about a reckless driver on State Road twenty sixty two. Rather Chandler police officer tried to stop the car, but she kept going. Jefers said the vehicle eventually stopped after crashing into a dich in Chandler, Indiana. Devillez was wearing a motorcycle helmet, got out of the vehicle and started waving a sword at the officer. Indiana State Police said the officer shot to Villez at least once. She then got inside the officer's patrol vehicle and drove towards Boonville, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Please I know.
Speaker 3: Police lost contact with a cruiser until a Rockport police officer spoted the vehicle traveling south on US two thirty one in Indiana. Police try to stop it there, but she continued to travel south that speeds north of one hundred and twenty miles per hour. Did East County Sheriff's officer. They received the call saying this Devillez lady was leading police over the William Natcher Bridge. She later crashed into an open field while on US sixty year Terminal Road, then ran away from authorities, but was eventually tased and taken into custody. Davis County di Vise dav I E s s. Apologies to my friends there in that county in Kentucky. I am sorry if I'm mispronouncing it anyway. Sheriff's office there said this de Villez was bleeding heavily from several gunshot wounds to the chest, taken to the hospital, remains in custody at the hospital receiving medical treatment. She will be taken and booked into the kind of detention center when she's finally released from the hospital.
Speaker 2: According to court record.
Speaker 3: She's been charged with seven felonies or was rather charged with seven felonies in November, including attempted murder, battery, and criminal confinement in Lawrence County, Indiana. Exactly, we go to Japan, Satama Prefecture. Specifically, we have a naked man arrested on suspicion of breaking into a CRAM school in Soca City. Now, I looked up CRAM school because I'd never heard of it before. The concept is, well, you cram there. It's like a focus is on intensive study and preparation for specific exams, notably university entrance exam. So there's your basis for it. Anyway, happened Monday night. Also suspected of being involved in a number of traffic accidents in which one person was killed and six people were injured. Police said the suspects had been identified as Disuke Nishimura, forty eight years old. According to tv A Sahai reporting, Police told a news conference that they are investigating his involvement in the fatal hit and run, theft of a taxi in three additional incidents occurring before he broke into the CRAM school. Please say, there were multiple reports of a completely naked man with tattoos, stealing a vehicle in Satama City and causing a hit and run incident which a man on a motorcycle was killed. Later in the day, nine pm, nishimour reportedly stole a taxi and kaka want to see Kawaguchi city. You're all familiar with that one mail driver in the sixties had two passengers in the backseat. When the taxi stopped in an intersection. Nishimura dragged the driver out of the vehicle, yelling quote, I'll kill you and then assaulting him, stole the taxi with the passengers still inside. That taxi crashed outside the Cram school while still naked. Nishimura entered the Cram school about nine thirty pm. When a school official called out to him, Nishimura punched him in the right side of the head without saying a word. Police recalled and then took Nishimura into custody. Police said Nishimura was neither confirmed nor to neither confirmed nor denied the allegations, and quoted him as saying, it would be bad if I told you that we're on a roll here. Joe five forty five aty five, caresee the talk station. You want to stay on a roll in your ride, get it serviced at Foreign Exchange. If you got a Tesla, get it service to Foreign Exchange. Traditionally European or Asian manufacturer cars. Foreign Exchange is the answer draw your prayers, because you get an outstanding mechanic taking care of your car, a S certified mechanic. He will be and they'll take great care of the car, and you'll leave with a full warranty on parts in service as you would expect. But the great thing about Foreign Exchange is they don't charge you the outrageous dealer prices to service your car. It's all about saving money and getting great satisfaction with the repair job. Plus, if you want to talk to the mechanic, you can in Foreign Exchange. I know you got that buffer. The service manager that'll stand in your way if you go to the dealer said, don't go to the dealer. I mean unless your car is under warranty. But even if it is like my car, taking to Foreign Exchange for the non covered by warranty items like oil changes where you'll save a heapload of money. I do, especially if you have a German car. I don't know what it is with German cars and the cost of an oil change. But thus it has ever been to get in touch with them. Schedule the appointment. You'd be glad you did. I'm recommending the Westchester location where I've always gone five one three, six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six. That's the tiers and the lexit right off of I seventy five. Just whatever way you're going to go east, just two streets and turn right.
Speaker 2: On Kingland Drive. Online you'll find them at foreign X four in the letter x dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Don't get suckered into the.
Speaker 3: John nine one four KASS two day partly to mostly cloudy.
Speaker 2: Pop up storms after two pm and highest.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine, isolated storms overnight, mostly cloudy fifty nine Tomorrow, mostly cloudy morning with a slight chance rain and then a chance of storms and showers increasing into the afternoon in the evening seventy nine for the high. Spotty rain possible over Friday night. Saturday, we'll have a mostly cloudy, dry day with the highest sixty five fifty five.
Speaker 6: Right now, time for traffic from the UCLF Traffic Center, and you see health Yo fine comprehensive care that's so personal had makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u sehealth dot com. Highways not bad at all to start off your Thursday morning. No recks to deal with and right now no delays. North Doown seventy five good the cut approaching the brand Spence in Ben seventy four wide opening Colerian Chuck ingramon fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 3: It is five fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station. Back to the stack is stupid.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: We go to Washington where a Washington woman is in custody after she allegedly stabbed members of her family to get even with them for ruining her life.
Speaker 5: Do what the hell?
Speaker 3: Forty three year old Terry Suitor made her first quarter court appearance the other day this week when she was after being arrested by Spokane Valley Police Department deputies who reportedly had to subdue her with a stun gun when she threatened to harm herself for she tried to turn a knife on herself. That day, she allegedly stabbed her adult daughter and then attacked her mom According to the affidavit of facts attained by the local ABC affiliate, there, suit was heard saying to her mother, I hope you.
Speaker 2: Accord of the Affidavid.
Speaker 3: Suitor's daughter, who was not named, was in her bedroom with her child, suitor's grandchild, when suitor came in and allegedly stabbed her daughter. The accused daughter tried to protect her own child from suitor's alleged attack. Knife wielding mom stabbed her a second time. Daughter fought back to get her mother out of the room. She realized that she had been stabbed in the back and chest. Aff data stated suitor left the room, after which suitor's daughter hurt her grandmother that would be Suitor's mother screaming from another part of the house. Suitor's daughter went in to help her grandmother and heard suitor say to her again, I hope you die. Affidavid reportedly said suitor not only allegedly stabbed her own mom, but then pushed her down the stairs before stabbing her again. Suitor's daughter tried to stop the alleged attack on grandmother by fighting suitor off.
Speaker 2: With a baby gait.
Speaker 3: Multiple use it of my guess yes, after David says Suit, as his mother told police, at one point during the alleged attack, she heard her daughter say, I'm going to get even with you for ruining my life. It's in quotes, officers, right, yeah. Officers arrived to the scene, Suit allegedly still wielding a knife. Refusing to drop the weapon, she reportedly threatened to harm herself. That's when deputies pulled the taser out and then took her into custody. Daughter and mother taking the hospital for serious but fortunately not life threatening injuries. Both women told police Suitor's attack on them was not provoked. Spokesperson for the two victims during the first court appearance read a statement about the concerns for their safety, saying, this is not a sane woman. She's always told me that she wants me dead. This is not her first time being violent. I want this charge at its highest ability. She was living with us at the time, and it just shows that if she could do this to her mother and daughter, she could do it to anyone. There's no telling what she's capable of charge. With two Council of assault bail set at half a million dollars, I don't know what planet I'm on, no kidding. Continue that thought. North Austin, Texas mortuary employee facing felony charges after allegedly experimenting on corpses and fraudulently obtaining death certificates.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Let's find out together at Adeline Nang Bin Bui close enough fifty years old, charge of one kind of state jail felony, abuse of a court and five counts of second degree felony tampering with government records with the intent to do fraud or harm. Former involver at the Capital Orchisary Services alleged that that Bui had fraudulently initiated obtained at least ten death certificates under his name and license number without consent. Also is alleged to buy experimenting on quote separated anatomical structures close quote listing arms of an unknown dead person. The quote unquote experiment involved injecting from maldehyde into the arms and observing its effects over times on severed limbs. Ceasing assist letter issue to the mortuary. April tenth letter stated that the funeral home it failed to meet building health and safety codes and would have to immediately cease and assist all operations. Austin Police Department received eight death certificates that were allegedly signed by the former embalmer via electronic signature, probably like the kind Joe Biden uses.
Speaker 2: That's weird al right.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven year old man in Ohio Quesa fatally stabbling his father, then calling nine one well and telling the dispatcher I just killed my father, Maciah Swindler, taking him to custody Monday, charge with one count of murder and brutal slang of Joe Swindler, corn to authorities. News release from the Marysville Police Department, officers responded to a call about twelve thirty pm April twenty first about a reported stabbing at a residence. Upon arriving at the scene, first responder said they located an adult male victim inside the home suffering point appear to be multiple stab wounds, pronounced dead at the scene. Another male later identified as Swindler, was inside the home, immediately taken into custody without incident. Security sweeps sweep showed no other victims. Victim wasn't identified by authorities, but audio from nine to one one called place by Swindler, where he's telling the dispatcher that he murdered his dad. Court of the report, Swindler almost immediately tells the dispatcher about it. I'm not gonna lie. I just killed my father. Dispatcher's reply, Wait, what he says? I killed my dad? Dispatter, what do you mean you killed your dad? He said, well, like he's dead. Asked why would kill his dad, Swindsor allegedly replied, God, God told me to. When press to confirm his motive, Swindler allegedly said, yes, ma'am, I had orders. Swindler, an interviewed by detectives, added that he stabbed his father in both the head and that quote to put him out of his misery. Reports states police had responded to the address earlier in the day due to aspute between Swindler and his father. Police report from that incident indicated the argument between the two men started over dishes.
Speaker 1: Just walk away.
Speaker 3: Swindler, current currently being held in the Track any regional day on a million dollars bond schedule appear in court on preliminary hearing May first, five, fifty six fifty five r SE de Talk Station plenty going on at the six o'clock Our love to hear from you if you've got a comment, feel free to call. If I went three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk. I'll be back after the news.
Speaker 2: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 8: Every day America's deadline is over.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC Talkstation DE Talk station at be Thursday tu Ryan Thomas looking forward to the next hour.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this hour.
Speaker 3: I got plenty of talk about it, Missar, and I love talking to you, so feel free to give me a call. Five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. Another reminder fifty five Casey dot com. You get your iHeart media app. I are checking out the latest post on my blog and podcast pages. Went on a tear about the Bill Blessing cendor Blessing's proposal to do with the stadium funding. Why are we using taxpayer dollars to fund stadiums? Just general, just think about it, that's at question anyway. Jason Williams on talking about the the preliminary phase one of four phases stadium arrangement that's worked out. He sounds as Jada and cinical as I do about it. Let us see here tonight the empower Youse Seminar. Excuse me, Dan ragnelld brushing up on his history in order to explain the.
Speaker 2: War of eighteen twelve.
Speaker 3: And I man, I learned more yesterday talking with him for ten minute that I knew about the War of eighteen twelve. Doing Empower You Seminar tonight seven pm. You can log in from home or show up at the Empower You studios. The link right there.
Speaker 2: Fifty five care Sea dot com.
Speaker 3: Donovan Eil from Americans for Prosperity on the Rains Act. Yesterday we got a version of it in Ohio, and yes we need to get that thing passed. And brilliance, absolute genius of Jack added and the big picture with Jack added in one World Government.
Speaker 2: HG. Wells was wrong.
Speaker 3: Just a wonderful history lesson about the colossal failure of something that HG. Wells thought was a good idea. And that's one World government. And finally an extra smither vent the Hyde Park zoning issue, which of course we all knew after it came out of committee seven to two vote passed yesterday when the full city council vote. Sorry sucks to be you, Hyde Park. You cannot and are not allowed to control your own destiny. I just can't believe that. But when you have well connected, well healed developers connected with Cininni City Council, something that Todd Zenzer's pointed out in the past. Who will be joining the program? Coming up at seven oh five, we'll get latest on his podcast, this one about Cincinnati's green ambitions, the latest op ed from the Quirre on Cincinnati being fiscally responsible, comments on Greg Landsman and his stock issues. We have a Cincinnti councilman inciting violence against Tesla owners and dealerships. And then finally who he's supporting for mayor. Speaking of which, Corey Bowman's joining the program tomorrow. I'm gonna guess that's where Todd's going, but we'll find out from Todd himself in the following hour. Eight oh five Mandy gon Sakara, the author of Y'all Fired.
Speaker 2: She's a conservative pundit.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about the media left's obsession with Austin Pete Hegzeth, as well as their insane obsession over the MS thirteen gang member whose record gets revealed more and more every day and gets worse and worse every day for those who are seeking to bring him home. In their words, I just think it's kind of comical that they keeps saying bring him home. It's an illegal immigrant Gammas thirteen gang member with a record so he can beat up his wife again. Yeah, there you go, Joe exactly. And then Jay Ratliffe, of course, every Thursday at eight thirty I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Before you get onto other stories, Bill's on the phone. Let's find out what Bill's got this morning. Bill, thanks for calling. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Brian. Hey about your stadium ordeal. I'm talking to a couple of friends of mine. Why can't Hamilton County and the one up there in Cleveland, why can't they do it to where if you buy a ticket in Hamilton County, it's so much money for a ticket to go to the Bengals or even the Reds. And then if you're in Butler County or in Kentucky or Indiana, it costs a little bit more. That way, everybody's paying the tax.
Speaker 3: Well, I think primarily because ticket sales alone will not find eight hundred and fifty million dollars project, So why not jack up the price of the ticket to cover the cost of the of what they want to how about the improvements? So every ticket, rather than being already out of reach for the vast majority of people who are on a budget and can't afford to pay their property taxes, why not make it like, I don't know, eight hundred dollars a ticket and then they can pay their own bills.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I wasn't really speaking like that. I was saying through time it would, you know, help bring back some of the money. But uh, you know, even concerts where I was in there, I was just trying to come up with a better idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that would because they're going to.
Speaker 9: Go after the They're going to go after the casinos and everything, and and I just think that's unfair because it's going to be instead of going down and playing crafts for fifteen dollars on the table, it's going to be twenty five dollars at table, and you know it's going to cut people out of that down there in Cincinnati. Well, they manage anywhere in Ohio.
Speaker 3: They manage their revenues based on the popularity of games and to the extra taxes on gaming comes out of the profits. So it's like, you know, if you the more money you make under the tax code, the more money the government takes from you. Well, if you're in the wrong business and they determined that your business is like evil or sinful or just brand new, we're going to tax extra. Like the online gambling, it's just a new thing. It's legalized now, so they're using that as an excuse to jack the tax up. And that's exactly what Senator Bill Blessing wants to do, is charge double these sports betting tax and jacket up to close to forty percent.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean.
Speaker 9: I lived in Missouri for about twenty years and during the COVID on the you can look it up. On twenty twenty one, they had a big meeting about in jeff City about how much they made during COVID. Let's just say it was five hundred million, and then they said how much went to the schools was three percent. I sure wish somebody would look into our you know, Ohio lottery and see why why can't the casinos if they're gonna have to pay a bigger tax, why can't they compete with the Hire lottery and put tickets inside the gas stations. I bet more people would buy those tickets than the Ohire lottery tickets.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's basically what you're coming up with is like what our elected officials come up with. It just pulling ideas from their sphincter, right, and you know none of them and if you look at it from a logical and reasonable standpoint, really make much sense. But I'll go back to my criticism of your money, my money, my earnings being used to fund entities like Paul Well, Paul Brow pay Course Stadium. I don't get any profit from that. I can't really even afford a good to a game. I guess I can afford to, but who A lot of people can't even afford to go in there, and yet they're going to work every day. You think of some working family, maybe the family income is like sixty thousand dollars a year. Do you think they have enough money to buy four tickets? Got two kids, wife, and a husband go down to the stadium afforded buy the tickets in the first place, then afford to spend eight dollars for a cony and fifteen dollars for a beer. I mean, it's out of most people's reat and yet part of their earnings are going to pay for the damn stadium, a stadium that they can't even walk into. And maybe they're not even football fans. You know, you got to put that in the equation as well.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why the football games are always on TV even if they don't sell out. Where right now they're selling out. But I mean, well, the blackout rule was great. When I had season tickets for the Bengals, My tickets were like five and fifty nine dollars for the whole year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the blackout rule.
Speaker 3: The blackout rule ensured that the stadium would feel regardless of how well the team was doing, so you can't watch it locally, even though now, in this particular instance, your taxpayer dollars are funding the stadium in which they play. I think they do that to keep the fan base up and to legitimize their public or they're asked for public dollars. There's a lot of fans out there, yeah, and most of the fans watch from their home, which is a better place to watch a game from big screen TV, your own lower cost beer, your better quality food, and your own clean bathroom.
Speaker 9: So one last thing, Brian, I'd just like to say, I feel sorry for Hyde Park and all the mother what cities, thirty two of them. I think you were the other day about them and how they're going to be able to go around it. The only thing I could say is let's get rid of our cities and go to one county, the whole county. We can all vote for those people.
Speaker 3: You might want to reseat that proposition, I don't know. The whole county voted for those three individuals, all three Democrats, all three You can judge their own competence on your own, you know, perception of whether they're competent or do a good job or not. But in Hamilton County, where Hamilton County voters did decide who is running the county, that's who you got. So mind what you ask for, Bill. I appreciate your call though, very much. Six fifteen todbovekir Ced talk station Pressties Interior is a great person to call. John Ryan, and I'm talking Prestige Interiors. You'll be working with John. He'd be glad you did. And I'm talking about kitchen remodeling projects. John's been doing kitchens almost exclusively for about thirty five years. We love the work he did on our kitchen. He didn't personally do it, but he arranged and the organized, well oil machine the entire process, and that's his function. You work with him from an initial design to final installation. He'll make what you want happen happen and you'll be very happy with it. Guy an A plus with a better businessman. He certainly enjoys the A plus that we gave him from the work he did for He did for us, and so many other folks have experienced the satisfaction of working with John. He'll have great ideas for you and your kitchen space. And whether it's a small project you want done or you want to cut your whole thing and start from scratch, he's the man for the job. To reach him, head on over the web page and check it out. Prestge one two to three dot com Prestge one two three dot com or give McCall five one three two four seven zero two two nine. That's two four seven zero two nine.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC. Get ready.
Speaker 10: The iHeart Spring auction is coming up April twenty eight through May fourth. Grab some great deals on jewelry, lawnmowers, carbait cleaning, tree services, window covering, so bolt installation, home improvement and more. Visit bid on Sinsey dot com and get ready to save Andy.
Speaker 11: Andy.
Speaker 5: How does it feel to win the summer?
Speaker 12: It feels great.
Speaker 2: I could have done it without my longcare team at Weedman.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Weedman for the whim. Visit Weedman dot com for a free quote and save fifty percent on your first service with promo code win.
Speaker 13: Gary Solvent Here. You have a lot of roofing options in Cincinnati. Brian Adis Roofing is one that has impressed me the most.
Speaker 2: Go with the best if you.
Speaker 13: Need a new roof called brian Adis Roofing at five one three eight three five roof or Addisroofing dot com.
Speaker 14: As men get older, our bodies change. We all know that, and often we just accept the changes as the way it is. But some of those changes, such as bad sleep patterns, low sex drive, brain fog, no energy, and reduced games in the gym could be due to low testosterone and that is something you can change. This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health and even if you're in your thirties, if you're experiencing some or all of the symptoms I just noted, you very well may need low testosterone treatment. With our treatment protocols, if you're like most men, you'll be amazed at the change. You'll have more energy, improve mental clarity, your sleep will be better, so will your workouts, and you'll likely find that your sex drive increases too. So give us a call today and make the change for good. Your initial visit is just ninety nine dollars and includes bloodwork and a medical consult and if you start on treatment the day of your appointment, your visit is free. Call eight hundred nine hundred ninety sixty five four or go to Tri Statemenshealth dot com. That's tri Statemenshealth dot com. We have six offices in the Tri state area to serve you. Try Statemen's Health, a primenic restorative health practice.
Speaker 3: Fast and Pro Roofing a reputable company that provides quality roofing and repairs. Call seven to seven four ninety four ninety five. This is Joe Cordell, of course John nine first word one forecast today partly to mostly cliety with a pop up storms possible after two pm Today's high seventy nine overnight lot fifty nine with isolated storms possible. A mostly cloudy morning Tomorrow with a slight chance of rain, then a chances chance for storms and showers increases as we get closer to the afternoon evening hours. Seventy nine for the high Tomorrow, spotty rain overnight Friday, and at high A sixty five Saturday with mostly cloudy skies put dry conditions fifty five Right now. Time for a traffic update from the uc.
Speaker 6: Of Traffic Center. You see healthy opine, comprehensive care. Then's so personal, make sure your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see help dot com stopbound seventy five A slow go from ess Bublo Wezer Charles to an accident just after you get across the Brands fence. My lanes are blocked at an extra fifteen minutes into Northern Kentucky Chucking Vermon fifty five KR.
Speaker 12: See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six fifty five kr CD talk station at Thursday h everybody Great. Supreme Court case teed up on Tuesdays Oral arguments and the YEA the prognosticators are suggesting it does appear as if the Supreme Court will be siding with Maryland parents that are seeking to opt out of their children being indoctrinated with some pretty unusual and fairly graphic texts, particularly noting that we're talking about kindergarten through fifth grade students. Group of religious parents, they sued the Maryland School Board over its refusal to allow their K through five children to opt out of LGBTQ plus curriculum. This goes back to twenty twenty two, where the Montgomery County Board of Education announced their new inclusivity books for K through five students and then took away parental notice and opt outs for storybooks that discussed top like gender transitions, pride parades, and preferred pronouns. Among the books the Pride Puppy, Uncle Bobby's Wedding, Born Ready, the True Story of a Boy named Penelope. In twenty twenty three, a federal court upheld a lower court decision that sided with Maryland's largest school district. That's when a mix of Christian, Muslim, and Jewish parents appealed to the Supreme Court, which agreed to take the case up in January and the oral arguments were just this Tuesday. In the petition, parents ultimately asked the Supreme Court do public schools burden parents religious exercise when they compel elementary school to children to participate in instruction on gender and sexuality against their parents' religious convictions without notice or an opportunity to opt out. That's the question in front of the Supreme Court. To Eric Baxter, the Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty at Tree, or any representing the parents. The school board does not dispute that, under its theory, could compel instructions using pornography and parents would have no rights. The First Amendment demands more parents, not school board, should have the final say on such religious matters. Valid point for me. During oral argument, Justice Amy Coney Barrett noted that the High Court quote does not have to decide whether you get to get to the opt out. We just have to decide if the Fourth Circuit accurately defined what a burden is. Later, Justice Barrett seem a bit worried that LGBTQ plus materials were not only about exposing young students to different ideas, but about trying to make students think this is the right view of the world and how you should think. Now, that's a critical point that Barrett observed, which is why people are thinking, Yeah, this looks like that may go the way of the parents. Justice Brett Kavanaugh at one point said he said, in his words, he was a bit mystified as a lifelong resident of the county how it even came to this. Kavanaugh told the school board's attorney, a guy named Alan Schoenfeld, I guess I'm just not understanding the whole goal. I think of some of our religion precedents is to look for the win win, to look for the situation where you can respect the religious police and accommodate the religious beliefs while the state or city or whatever it may be can pursue its goals. And here, he continued, they're not asking you to change what's taught in the classroom. They being the plaintiffs, They're not asking you to change that at all. A lot of the rhetorics suggest that they might have that they were trying to do that, but that's not what they're trying to do. They're only seeking to be able to walk out so that they don't have so the parents don't have their children exposed to these things that are contrary to their own beliefs. It's a very important point. Justice Alita Press shown Fell the attorney for the school board on why the schools decided not to accommodate the students when they had to opt out, when they had opt outs for other materials and subjects, saying, well, the plaintiffs here are not asking the school to change its curriculum. They're just saying, look, we went out. Why isn't that feasible? What is the big deal about allowing them to opt out of this? And at one point Gorsic's basically got shown Fell the attorney for the school district to admit that the school board included the books in the curriculum for the purpose of influencing the children. The attorney John felt so Pride Puppy was the book that was used for the pre kindergarten curriculum. That's no longer in the curriculum. Gorsics asked, well, that's the one where they're supposed to look for the leather and thing and bondage and things like that. Shoan Feld's response, it's not bondage, it's a woman in leather. Gourse, it's a sex worker. Justice Barrett later injected and said it was a drag queen, to which Joan Feld said, correct, okay, so it's not a bondage person, it's not a sex worker.
Speaker 2: It's a drag queen.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about a book that was presented to kindergarteners here, folks. Gorsic said, yeah, okay, And you've included these in the English language curriculum rather than the human sexuality curriculum to influence students. Is that fair? That's what the district court found. Do you agree with that, shoon Feld? I think to the extent the district court found that it was to influence, It was to influence them toward civility, the natural consequences of being exposed to Gorset's interjected, whatever, but to influence them. Liberal leading justices seem concerned about having to define burdens sonya sodomi are aspects, or how do we make it very clear that the mere exposure to things that you object to is not coercion. Justice Katenji Brown stated, the parents can hear it. This is great because she basically is endorsing school choice. Liberal Justice Katenji Brown suggests that the parents can choose to put their kids elsewhere instead of public schools that they do not believe in what's being taught.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm struggling to see how it burdens parents' religious exercise. If the school teaches something that the parent disagrees with, you have a choice. You don't have to send your kids to that school. Oh what about the arguments from all the folks that say, well, only rich people can afford to send their kids to private schools. What is some poor family supposed to do if they harbor very profound religious beliefs and they don't have the financial opportunity to send their kids to an alternative school. They don't have funding that follows the child in any particular state, because the teachers' Union's right heard over where the money goes, and it goes to public schools where they're teaching their kids this stuff in kindergarten. Jackson claimed, we don't at this moment based on the record you've provided. Note that these books aren't just sitting on shelves.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 3: Clarence Thomas ass back to how the record shows that the children are more than merely exposed to these sorts of things in the story books. And this is the point here, and I think it's very profound. One. We know that the teachers are required to use the books. When the books were first introduced in August of twenty two, the board suggested they be used five times before the end of the year. Baxter pointed outside the transcript of the evidence men of the court, one of the schools, he said, the Sherwood School in June for Pride Month, said that they were going to read one book each day to sell a bait celebrate Pride Month. The board's own testimony through the superintendent Hazel said that the books must be used as part of the instruction and that discussion will ensue. Baxer pointed out that was the entire point of withdrawing the opt outs, and they're removing even the notifying parents. They're not even allowed to know. The boards said in the statement that it was so that every student would be taught from the inclusivity storybooks. So there you go, that's indoctrination. The books could very well be in the library, the children could go and pick them up, but the teachers wouldn't be criming it down their throat and telling the children that this is how you should believe, and if you believe something to the contrary, you are wrong. That's why they bring the books up five times a year. That's why they celebrate the books, because you're supposed to celebrate this Pride month that runs contrary to these people's religious beliefs. There's a fundamental difference there. You can argue all day long about book banning and why isn't this material available in the library if some child wants to check it out, that's a different argument than having it built into the curriculum and being read from it over and over and over again, which is probably more instruction on this so called inclusivity and welcoming this belief system than any of these children ever get when they go to church or synagogue or mosque. They're being indoctrinated. And that's why the parents wanted to opt out. So let's hope the Supreme Court does the right thing and give parents the choice that liberal Justice Ktenjie Brown was talking about without having to put them in a private school. Six twenty nine. If the five KRC the talk station, you got pain, you're living with pain, arthritis pain, You should take QC Kinetics up on their h Well, they're free consultation because you know, people like to go out and do activities, right, I mean even little things during the day just I'm tinking, like even vacuuming the home or something like that. If you're living with really chronic knee pain, that could be a real problem for you. But then there's all your other day to day activities that are influenced by our authortic praining nation's leader and regenative cellular treatments. That's QC Kinetics, the technology giving people like you an option other than surgery. You probably talk to your doctor about surgery if you're struggle with that much pain. They harness your own body's healing properties to treat the root cause of the authoritic praining. They've treated tens of thousands of people who are very satisfied throughout this country, and it's available right here in the Greater Cincinnati area. Real lasting relief from chronic joint pain with no drugs, no surgery, and no downtime. Learn about your options a QC Kinetics with that free consultation. The number five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 5: Here's a Sean hanned any morning minute.
Speaker 15: You can't make this up, Congressmen, Peter Welch visited detained Columbia University activists, this guy calling him a friend and praising his work with Jewish Brothers Sisters on Columbia's campus.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, this guy.
Speaker 15: That he was visiting with could empathize with hamasa's decision to launch the attack and use the siren to drown out pro israel students protesting for the release of Israeli child hostages. This is what the Democratic Party has now been reduced to.
Speaker 2: Pretty amazing.
Speaker 15: This is the hill that they want to die on, protecting and championing men's rights, for women's sports, championing pro Hamas sympathizers.
Speaker 4: Check out to Sean Hannity radio show later today, right here.
Speaker 15: Now, don't get suckered into the same old free phone game by Big Wireless that comes with a lot of fine print plus plus plus plus.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 15: In other words, you pay more and more and more. At the end of the day, you paid for that quote free phone three times over. There is a better way, pure talk my cell phone provider a veterano company, my sponsor, my wireless company has a much better offer. A free phone with a qualifying plan for just thirty five bucks a month, and you get a brand new Samsung Galaxy A twenty six. Just make the switch to Pure Talk for thirty five bucks a month. You get unlimited talk, unlimited texts, fifteen gigs of data with mobile hotspot and roaming, all in America's most dependable five G network. Just style pound two to fifty, say the keyword save now, and Pure Talks US customer service team will help you make the switch in as little as ten minutes. Again, pound two to fifty keywords save now. Get your free Samsung Galaxy with a qualifying plan when you switch to Pure Talk Wireless by Americans, four Americans Music Jenni.
Speaker 2: First one to world.
Speaker 3: Volca has got a mostly cloudy day to day, isolated storm chances.
Speaker 2: After two PM.
Speaker 3: Today's high seventy nine nine to fifty nine over night with more icy chance of storm. Fridays mostly cloudy in the morning, sled chants rain with storms and showers possibly increasing as the afternoon evening comes.
Speaker 2: Rolls on seventy nine for the.
Speaker 3: High Fridays, body rain overnight Friday and a dry Saturday with the highest sixty five and mostly body sky fifty five Right now traffic.
Speaker 6: Time from the UCL Traffic Center, and you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcome. So expect more if you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with the rex sethbound seventy five coming off of the Brand Spence Bridge single file to get by at the moment right hand side, you're in for a twenty minute delay and that delayed time on the way up.
Speaker 2: Chucking from on fifty five care seeing the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six thirty four fifty five KRC detalk station and got a couple of callers online. We're gonna go with the first receive. Got time to at least get one in. Let's see what George has got. George, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just had one comment and it kind of flies to all the stories this morning. Is it's not bad guys we got to worry about We can spot them. It's the do gooders that keep enabling them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are a lot of useful idiots in the world, George. That's how people end up with socialist governments and pursuing Marxism and communism and backcrap insanity like the idea that a guy can actually be a woman just because he declares it. So Yep, not much more to say about that, Georgia. If our people were more intellectual, more logical, more reasonable, and more insightful about their well the choices they make, then I think the world will be a much better place. Maybe that's the point of the destruction of the education system turning into a little indoctrination camps where children do not think freely and do not ponder things, and do not engage in thoughtful discourse and optional and alternative opinions.
Speaker 2: We can't have that. You must believe this, so Orwellian.
Speaker 3: Jamie, hang on amount of time in this segment, but I'd be more than please to take your call if you don't mind holding for a moment. I do want to mention Zimmer heating and air conditioning because they've got a great deal going right now. For those unfortunate folks out in the world that have to replace their HVAC system, it's a great time to do it. First off, working with Zimber Heating and air Conditioning is the right thing to do. They'll take great care your customer service is outstanding. They've been doing this more than seventy five years and it's a family owned and operated company and kind of Chris Zimmer, who's running the ship, is very proud of the tradition that Zimmer has. But as far as the new system, get a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling and save up to fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. That's a cool carrier cash rebate right there. Fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. Give Chris Zimmer a call, schedule the appointment five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to one ninety eight ninety three t easy the schedule appointment online and learn more about Zimmer. Just go to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the forties and free.
Speaker 3: As far as the weather goes, Channel nine says we have a part with mostly cloudy skies today after two ken and maybe some pop up storm seventy nine for the high isolated storms are possible overnight with a.
Speaker 2: Drop to fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine to the high tomaw with clouds in the morning and a slight chance to rain and storms and showers.
Speaker 2: Possibility increases into the afternoon and evening.
Speaker 3: Spotty rain overnight possible, and then Saturday at Driday mostly cloudy.
Speaker 2: Hi A sixty five fifty five. Right now, let's get a trap.
Speaker 12: GUPTE from the UCL Traanffic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more, and you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work by the rereck sap Bend seventy five. It's in Covington, left side of the highway blocked off single file to get by on the right bat traffic now backing up above as the Charles and Over a twenty minute delay also affecting traffic on westbound Fort Washington Way.
Speaker 12: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six forty fifty five kr CD talk station looking for to Todd Zender citizen watch dog Todd Zender, former Inspector General, and to join the program for the next hour. He'll be in studio in the meantime. Start with Jamie, who was kind of enough the hold Jay, hang on, You'll be next, Jimmie. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Brian, Thank you so much. I really appreciate you speaking up for the children and every chance you get. The case in Massachusetts is deeply disturbing, obviously, and it's just continuing the story of what's happening in so many.
Speaker 11: Of the schools.
Speaker 17: As a society, we do not have a posture of protecting children, and it's really a huge problem. And like your prior caller said about the people who protect them, there is a lot of pretending out there. They act like they care about the children and they deal with their mental health, and they've got all these bullying things in place, but yet these are the kinds of things that are actually happening, and it's very evil.
Speaker 3: I absolutely agree with you that it's evil. I mean, and what is the of incorporating this material into a curriculum when our children can barely read and write and perform mathematical skills. They're falling behind in the test scoring across this entire country, and they're spending and using valuable education time that will actually help still students with their future and employment and real life skills in doctrining them and stuff that they shouldn't even be touching.
Speaker 17: Right, And I think we're all seeing in like real time and real life the breakdown of the brain and the learning. And you know, we see these young kids out and about at these jobs and they really are struggling to problem solve and do the simplest mass. I mean, I think everybody is seeing that. And I also it just causes such mass confusions in the children, which tears down their confidence, which also speaks to what you're saying. They're not available to do the learning that they need to do because they just feel so confused and insecure. I mean, we're talking about preschool in kindergartener's being a read a story like that, I know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's sexual content. I mean, you can say what you want about the existence of your ability to live and and and and thrive and survive next to someone who perceives that, you know, transgender people are actually the different sex than they are. Fine, we can live side by side, but you can't tell me that that's right. And you shouldn't be telling children, especially at that age, that that is the absolute truth. It is not biologically it is different and they think, you know, you ask the little kid, you know, they're you know, are you boy or a girl?
Speaker 9: A girl?
Speaker 3: And yeah, they know the difference between the two. But then you're standing there telling them that's not it. It's it's it's a choice that they get to make. That's not right. But why are they engaging in the conversation in the first place at that age, and to talk about so much of this lgbt Q plus stuff is a discussion about sexuality.
Speaker 2: Sex.
Speaker 3: Children shouldn't be talking about sex in kindergarten, not just the distinctions between the sex, but in order to discuss what a gay person is, what a lesbian is, what a bisexual person is, that is their sexual proclivity, that is their romantic, you know, private intercourse kind of discussion. Why does a child need to be discussing that. It's it's almost like an element of grooming.
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 17: It absolutely is, absolutely is. Thank you, Brian, keep fighting for the children. I so appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here in a position to do it. Somebody's got to speak truth to power, and there's a lot of nutcases out there in power. Jamie Thank you so much for listening and for calling this morning. Jay, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks Brian.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 11: One or two comment on your good conversation yesterday with Donovan O'Neil regarding the Range Act. Oh yeah, which which is for the listeners who don't know, that is if a government bureaucracy, government department spends over one hundred thousand dollars or a million bucks, that they get the brake slammed on them and it has to go to Congress for a promo. Here and a couple of good examples got brought up. Which was one of my favorites is the cafe standards, and I'll throw another one of when it's gone wrong. Cafe standards were put in place by Jimmy Carter's administration with a bureaucrat with a pen. So I'm all for the Rains Act. But as Republicans can we stop putting complex processes full of hurdles in place while Democrats just tends to whip this stuff in. I don't know why Lee's velden, and actually I think it sits with National Highway Transportation Safety Association. Why the Trump administration does it say right now because of the tariffs. We have a beautiful Ford plant down there in Sharonville. We have automotive plants in Cleveland, Toledo, Hondas up in northeast northwest Ohio.
Speaker 9: Why aren't we.
Speaker 11: Telling Lee Zelden like this should have been done day two get rid of the cafe standards. And during the Obama administration, a bureaucrat with a pen decided that carbon dioxide was a pollutant. If they got rid of those two things, that would unlock the automaker's hands so much and get rid of so much unrequired spending and waste that I bet it more than offset the impact of the terrace. So this is not this does not have to be processed, that does not have to be part of RAINZEC. If they put it in with a pen, take it out with a pen, and let's get on with it. So I would encourage everybody on the phone, pick up your phone and call the EPA, call least Zelden, call your elected call Senator Marino, Senator Houston, and tell them let's go. This is this is the cafe standards have been around since.
Speaker 12: I've been alive.
Speaker 11: Damn here, Yeah, four thing forcing automakers do to overproduce small vehicles that people don't want to buy in order to do what get that average fuel efficiency average fuel fleet efficiency down to some government artificial standard versus let ford make the products that people want to buy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you remember when small cars became popular. It was in after the early seventies, when they were still making cars the size of yachts. The Japanese came in and enter the market because they had fuel efficient cars. That was when the price of gasoline went through the roof. What did people want? They wanted something they got more miles per gown than six The demand in the market was there. You didn't have to create a CAFE standard for tailpipe emissions. You just needed to come up with a more fuel efficient car. So that was the answer to the problem. And then the Japanese dominated the market until domestic manufacturers started churning out smaller cars that got better mileage. The CAFE standards then turned into this element of protecting the planet global warming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're all.
Speaker 3: Gonna die, and so they shot the CAFE base standers to the roof, such at the internal combustion engine. Due to the laws of physics and the amount of energy that a gallon of gasoline can actually produce. Evs are the only thing that could meet that or exceed the CAFAEED standards because they don't put out any emissions, but people don't want them.
Speaker 11: Or not or welf Ford Ford has to buy carbon emission offsets from Tesla. You have to take your profit buy carbon offsets from an EV producer in order to produce the vehicle that the market wants to buy. Exactly it is, how are they how are they stilling business? It's amazing. So for crying out loud Republicans, this one's not hard. If Lee's Eldon is who Les Eldon says he is, this should have been done Day one that should have been done is right after inauguration. I'm not saying enough, honestly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: And I'm starting to get a little concerned with the deportations, the deregulation. Some of this just ain't that hard. And where are the prosecutions. I know it takes a little while. With Pam bondy, Okay, it's been a little while.
Speaker 3: Let's go fair enough. You didn't call looking for an argument, Jay. I appreciate your call to arms too. Get in touch with your elected officials. Jay take Care Brothers six forty eight fifty five kre c detalk station. Save energy, save money, Make your house more comfortable. If it's me, it's all about the bottom line. I mean your house. I'm getting your house more comfortable is extremely important, especially you know, if you have one of those rooms. And when I lived in a house it was one hundred and twenty five years old, when we were in Oak Park, Illinois, you always had a couple of rooms that in the middle of the winter time were frozen and they were never cooled off in the summertime. USA Insulation to the rescue. We didn't have it available at the time, at least I wasn't looking into it at the time. But if I don't know a home like that here, I call USA Insulation and take them up on their awesome opportunity to improve the comfort of the home. Get that even distribution of you know, we're an air conditioning season now, but heat as well. And also save money on my energy bills. So you get two great benefits from this, and it's only ninety nine dollars a month in free. With the energy savings, you may very well save at least or more than the ninety nine dollars a month. Not guaranteed on that, but the savings is guaranteed, so you're going to see a market decrease in your energy bill. Yr HVAC is running so free inspection, free quote. Take them up on it again, ninety nine dollars a month, interest free. You'll also qualify yourself for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax next year when you're doing your taxes five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online. You'll find them at USA Insulation dot in net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 12: What if you had an extra dollar?
Speaker 3: Uh ten nine says we get partler of mostly cloudy skies today, pop up storms after two pm possible seventy nine for the high. Got isolated storms possible overnight with a drop of fifty nine. Seventy nine to high again Tomorrow. Mostly cloudy mornings, slight chance of rain, and then maybe some afternoon evening showers and storms.
Speaker 2: There's a chance of it anyway.
Speaker 3: Spotty rain overnight and mostly clouds on Saturday. We have mostly clouds, but it'll be dry and it'll be sixty five for the High fifty five right now, traffic time from.
Speaker 12: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: You see healthy you time, comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Heavy traffic South Bend seventy five below the westerns Viaduct to an accident in Covington that has the left lanes blocked off. Single file to get buy on the right hand side and triumphing on westbound Fort Washington Way off of seventy one. Starting to build a bit trying to make that ramp Chuck Ingram on fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Sixty two idybove Care CD talk station looking forward to Tonza. It's a return of the program off top of the air, new it's been in an hour in studio on a whole bunch of issues, important ones too. If you're looking for justice in this world, and I know people are frustrated with the judicial system, but score a win in the name of sanity. Kind of continuing a theme that I was talking about earlier with this, you know, indoctrination of children and parents not even be able to get their kids out of class. We all have this whole idea that you know you can modify a child by giving him hormones and lopping things off or sewing them on. As the case may be a victory for doctor Allan Josephson to work for nearly fifteen years as the chief of the University of Louisville Division a child in adolescent psychiatry and psychology.
Speaker 2: He just settled.
Speaker 3: The University of louis Louisville agreed to settle him by paying him one point six million dollars for their treatment of him because he spoke out loud, speaking truth to power.
Speaker 4: Court.
Speaker 3: To his legal complaint, he was able to turn around the struggling division at the Louisville University of Louisville.
Speaker 2: During his tenure.
Speaker 3: He got perfect scores on his annual reviews between twenty fourteen twenty sixteen despite his accomplishments. The complaint he filed alleged that he was demoted in twenty seventeen then eventually fired after making comments in his own capacity as a free rights human being challenging the push to use hormone therapy and surgery for children with gender dysphoria. Lilions defending freedom represented him. Justin said in the statement, I'm glad to finally receive vindication for voicing what I know is to true. Sorry, children deserve better than a life altering procedure that mutilate their bodies and destroy their ability to lead fulfilling lives. In spite of the circumstances I suffered through my university, I am overwhelmed to see that my case help lead the way for other medical practitioners to see the universal truth that altering biological sex is impossibly dangerous, while acceptance of one sex leads to flourishing. October twenty seventeen, joseph'n participate in a panel discussion on transgender ideology that was hosted by a conservative organization, the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 2: You guys know all about that. He spoke out.
Speaker 3: Against gender ideology activism influenced the medical influencing the medical treatment of children experiencing gender dys for you see, they used to treat it with therapy. Upon learning of his remarks, officials at the university's LGBT center They've Got One, pressured his division to take disciplinary action against them. Scrutiny of his views intensified after he appeared as an expert witness in a legal case involving a school district's bathroom policy around gender identity. A few of his colleagues objected to his remarks and pushed the administration to take disciplinary action against them, According to the complaint, next month, he was informed by the university that he was being demoted from chief of the division to a junior faculty member. Complaint allegence the university officials continued to in the words that the complaint belittle and berate him, inflicting irreparable damage to his professional career and reputation. They cut his salary, they cut his benefits, and then he was told in February of twenty nineteen that his contract would not be removed, basically firing him. That was what led to the lawsuit. He alleged the school retaliated against him for expressing his views in violation of his First Amendment rights and right to do process and equal protection under the law. Six year legal battle resulted in a favorable Senate settlement, according to announcement from the Alliance Defending Freedom one point six million dollars ADYF Senior counsel Travis Barthaman a statement Borum. Hopefully other public universities will learn from this that if they violate the First Amendment, they can be held accountable and it can be very expensive. Score one for the good guys. Todd Zenzer after the top of the ur news, hope we can stick around.
Speaker 6: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you a fact now Americans should know.
Speaker 2: Fifty five the talk station this reboard is sponsored. It's seven oh six. I think about Keresey you talk stays named Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Always pleased to see in studio the man who's keeping his eye on the shenanigan's going on, and there are so many shenanigans going on. I'm surprised he's able to keep track of it. Todd Zenzer, former US Inspector General. Now we have basically he's the inspector General for Hamilton County and most notably City of Cincinnati. Welcome back, Todd Zenzer. It's always great seeing you brother.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 8: It's always good to be here.
Speaker 2: And he, of course is we.
Speaker 3: Citizen Watchdog is what we effectively call him. That's the name of his podcast. Citizen Watchdog. You can find it, and we're gonna learn about his latest podcast, probably going to blow your mind. But this is gonna be This hour is gonna fly by in no time, Todd.
Speaker 2: We've got so much to.
Speaker 3: Talk about, really, I mean, you don't have to dwell a whole lot. I had Smith Aman on for a volume two of the Smooth Event yesterday because of the equity whatever that that that that committee is that advanced the proposal to amend the zoning laws in Hyde Park seven to two vote. And then yesday, of course, city Council voted seven to two to alter Hyde Park's zoning laws, zoning laws which the City of Cincinnati imposed upon all the neighborhoods, the connected community zoning laws.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, Okay, So.
Speaker 3: They took away every community's ability to control their own destiny. And that wasn't even that long ago, was it? Because you and I talked about it last June, last June, and then yesterday they undid their own blanket rule for the entire city of since sant connectic communities by allowing a variance to the connected communities and building in what eighty five foot versus the fifty foot limitation, one hundred and twenty bedroom, a hotel, and this whole new development that it sounds like the vast majority of High Park residents did not want.
Speaker 2: Were you at council meeting yesterday.
Speaker 8: I wasn't at council yesterday. I was at the committee meeting on.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, So you saw what was there, You saw what's going on.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, it was just incredible that in the citizens that spoke were some of the most passionate, sincere articulate witnesses you ever wanted to hear. And it just seems and somebody mentioned it yesterday. I watched it on TV. A citizen came forward yesterday and he said, you know what, at the end of that committee meeting, three or four of these council members had prepared remarks that they were making. They prepared them ahead of time, which tells all of us how that they had made their minds up before they even walked into the room. So what is the charade all about? And that's what we keep getting with this city council, with this city mayor, is they do all these things and they make it look like, oh, the communities involved, and we're taking your issues into consideration. They couldn't be farther from the truth. These city council members made up their mind long ago, and there wasn't anything that these citizens could do to change their minds. And that's really what has to change in city Hall.
Speaker 3: Well, and you told me all fair, and I wasn't even aware of it, because Hyde Park got organized to stop this. They were loud, they had campaign signs or save the Square or whatever. I mean, it was almost like a campaign for political office in terms of their opposition on this. And the targets, of course, were the members of city council and the mayor. It wasn't the entire community of Hyde Park over some bond issue or whatever. They were just focusing their attention on elected officials in the City of Cincinnati, Right.
Speaker 2: But you said this happened also in bond Hill.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, there was a development in bond Hill that was proposed. Developer came in, met with the community up there, they all supported it. He goes back and he changes the plan and he makes he makes it look like the neighborhood approved it. What he would was finally proposing was not what the community voted on.
Speaker 2: Jill Bait and Switch.
Speaker 8: Yes, very much so. And that's another one where the city council just went with the developer.
Speaker 2: Well connected developer.
Speaker 8: Well, for this city council, they're all well connected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't coin the phrase. The last time you were here, you pointed out on this Hyde Park issue that we're talking about very well connected developers. In other words, big developers with a lot of money that fun campaigns and get done things done for them that the ordinary, everyday voting citizen, the constituent can't get done.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: What's interesting is one of the witnesses in supporting the project that spoke at the meeting was a lobbyist for the developer.
Speaker 2: I knew you were going too.
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe like a family member or one of the owners of the developers or something like that.
Speaker 8: Rumor is that she wants to run for city council.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, Well, what I.
Speaker 8: Think is that if that's the case, in this city so loves developers as much as they seem to love developers, maybe one of them would get up, give up their seat, or give up their spot on the blue ticket they give to this lobbyist. Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it would represent a change for the good or the better or worse. It's just impossible to know at this point. But what I draw from this is clearly this dictatorial council ignores the will of its voters, ignores the will of the citizenry, violates this representative democracy process. They're supposed to take into consideration what the majority of those folks out there want, and they just basically raise their metaphorical middle finger at everybody in Hyde Park and said, screw you.
Speaker 8: Well, it's been reported to me that Jeff Cramerdin was being interviewed yesterday on the radio and he called the citizens impediments and that's consistent with a grant that the city prepared for HUD that called this citizens' barriers. So that's really that's that's the city council in a nutshell.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's disturbing.
Speaker 8: It's very disturbing. But there are two people on the city council who get it, I know, the Vice mayor and Scottie Johnson, and it's like, why aren't we listening to the citizens here? And they just didn't carry the day.
Speaker 3: Well, Teelee, for reading's a little difficult, and I was going to ask to you know who you were planning on endorsing at the tail end of this discussion. But since we only have a couple minutes left in the segment, I when Corey Bowman was on, He's going to be back on this program tomorrow, by the way, folks, if you want to tune in for that. But when Corey Bowmen was in here last time, we talked about this issue and I said, you know what, Hyde Park vote's pretty blue. They're for pretty much Democrats over there. I said, because they are being ignored this city council and the mayor aren't worthy of their support. Are going to alienate so many people in Hyde Park. I said, Corey, you may have a really good opportunity to at least maybe get some campaign contributions and perhaps a good chunk of the voters over in Hyde Park to vote for you. The primary is coming up. If you know, this is just this is the top two. They don't break it down into party. So if the Hyde Park residents want to really show how angry they are, they should overwhelmingly vote for Corey bouma In. And I'm encouraging everybody in the city of Cincinnati do the same.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be hilarious if Corey Bowman came out as the top vote get er over aftab per Ball. That would be something, Brian, I would be amazing. Yes, I mean, we can have a party in celebration there. We're just that accomplishment, not that he would ultimately become mayor, but just for the people to voice their discontent and their absolute outright outrage over what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I hope. I hope that's the case, and I hope they carry that through to the general election.
Speaker 3: Well I do too, And so I suppose I can conclude from that that you are supporting Corey Boma.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, absolutely, you know. And every day it just this mayor reinforces that position, like on this over the weekend when he appeared at this fifty to fifty one protest downtown.
Speaker 3: He was they didn't even have a permit to block the streets and there he was blocking the streets with the rest of them.
Speaker 8: He was giving it everything he could, just like AOC. He looked like AOC. He did, going on and on about this individual deported to El Salvador, just going on and on about it.
Speaker 3: The MS thirteen wife beating gang member that had been arrested and already adjudicated a gang member.
Speaker 2: That guy, that guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I just can't. I just can't. Family man, I just can't go there. He looks mainstream. Aftab Purval is not mainstream.
Speaker 2: He isn't at all.
Speaker 3: He's as left as they come from the same trunk of socialist cloth as AOC. We will continue with Todd zen or our zenso our citizen watchdog get a load of this, folks, Cincinnati's green ambitions. I haven't gotten the details yet, but baseball on the look on Todd Zenzer's face, and I know you did a podcast about this the other day, be prepared to be disgusted. Perhaps first, save money, go to affordable imaging services, just like I did not too long agot by most recent CT scan at affordable imaging services, so I didn't have to pay five thousand dollars at a hospital imaging department and then pay extra for the board certified radiologist report. I paid six hundred dollars because they needed a contrast four hundred and fifty without a contrast, six hundred with a contrast. That's all you pay. It's at Affordable Imaging Services. Yes, it's the same kind of equipment the hospitals use. Yes, medical professionals are operating it. No, my doctor had no issues whatsoever with the scan or or the radiologist report, just like the last couple times I did it.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Save money on echo cardograms and they'll get you right in with an echo cardogram. We're talking about your heart here. You want to wait around a month, We're worrying. No, get right in at Affordable Imaging Services, where without an enhancement it's only five hundred bucks eight hundred With an enhancement, same thing across the board, MRIs, ultrasounds, long screening, cardiac scorings, fraction of the cost, low overhead, but same equipment. The results are always fine. Exercise of choice. You've got one five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Are you a business wise Channeline says, partly the mostly cloudy skies pop up storms after two PM. Today's high seventy nine fifty nine overnight with isolated storm if possible, seventy nine to the high again tomorrow with clouds in the morning with a slight chance of rain and then many storms. At least the possibility of it increases as the day rolls on. Overnight spotty rain possible with.
Speaker 2: The I don't know what the low is. They didn't write it down. Sorry.
Speaker 3: And on Saturday sixty five with a high mostly cloudy and try it's fifty five right now.
Speaker 2: Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 12: UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Step Bend seventy fives those first through Wachland, then heavy from Hoppel to an accident in Covington that has everything but the right lane blocked. Office should come off of the brand Spence. That's an extra half hour minimum, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven nineteen fifty five KRCD talk Station Brian Thomas with citizen Watchdog Todd Zenzer, a former Inspector General, keeping his eye on the craziness going on in downtown Cincinnati and pivoting over since that he apparently has some green ambitions. I know this is your latest podcast, Citizen Watchdog. Find out where you get your podcast, Todd, what's this insanity all about?
Speaker 8: Well, Brian, I, like everybody else, see what's happening at the federal level with funding and the EPA and the Department.
Speaker 2: Of Energy, and.
Speaker 8: The money that the city has been getting on climate activities is going to end. And you don't hear anybody at city Hall talking about what they're going to do differently. But since two thousand and eight, the city every five years has updated their Green Plan Green Cincinnati Plan. It started in two thousand and eight with mister Mallory. He called the plan a climate protection plan. I don't know if he was protecting us from the climate or protecting the climate. And then every five years they have updated their Cincinnati Green Plan. In every five years it gets more and more extensive and really radical, I mean really extreme. The twenty twenty three Green Cincinnati Plan is probably the most comprehensive climate change bible that you would ever want to see. It covers the whole gamut of civilization basically in Cincinnati, our food, our energy, our look at some others, mobility, natural environment, resilience and climate adaptation. They have these eight focus areas, and each focus area has one to three goals, and then each goal has all these activities that they want to accomplish and furtherance of that goal. And you look at these things and well, first of all, you don't know whether it's really happening or not. And you don't you don't know exactly what they're doing. You don't know how much all this is costing. And they just go about their business like this is the main thing, and it's not the main thing. And I, based on what I've been doing, if the city has to cut back on spending, this would be the area to cut back. If they stopped all these activities tomorrow, nobody would notice. Nobody would notice. Oh well, not going out trying to promote people to get on plant based diets anymore, Nobody's going to notice that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize they were out promoting people to get on plant based diets anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was that was a goal in the twenty eighteen plan.
Speaker 2: Hugh.
Speaker 3: Then they I guess they embraced the idea of pairing back snap benefits to take out sugary beverages and and and fatty foods and doritos.
Speaker 8: So that's a good question, Brian. I don't know if they would go for that or not.
Speaker 3: No, they wouldn't go for that because that would deprive people of choice, the choice that they're arguing they shouldn't have because they want eat eat plants. Yes, so none of this makes sense. It doesn't really make Well, let's let's look at it from a broader element. We have like two hundred and eighty thousand people or three thousands roughly, yes, in a defined space that's the city of Cincinnati, the geographical limitations. That's as far as their power extends. What do they really truly think can be accomplished by imposing all of these edicts and mandates on a finite leaf, very infinitely so compararently small space within the state of Ohio, when everybody around us isn't doing this. More fundamentally, outside of the country, like China and India and Turkey and other large producers of pollutants, they're not doing it anyway. We're all breeding the same damn air. What possible benefit can any of this have on impacting the climate So that somebody could make that argument, I think it makes them certifiably insane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I think that the EPA is going to do something about this CO two and endangerment.
Speaker 2: Of it's plant food for God's sake.
Speaker 8: Right, So the city, I think that they are following the Democrat orthodoxy. But one of the things they do with the Green Cincinnati Plan is their tentacles go out even further. They've got about seventy different community.
Speaker 18: Organizations and nonprofits that are on board, hand in the cookie jars, and they're giving money to these groups, yeah, to do all these things, and they build this constituency, but it's that constituency really isn't in the neighborhoods as far as I can tell, maybe a couple of neighborhoods.
Speaker 8: But I really don't think the people in West Price Hill or East Price Hill are really thinking that the city is putting a dent into the greenhouse gases. They claim they are some kind of dent. Oh, we've reduced greenhouse gases in the city of Cincinnati by x percent or something like that. But the greenhouse gases only affect the atmosphere at a very high level. So yeah, it really doesn't do anything.
Speaker 3: And I suspect the folks in the in Price Hill or Avondel or pick A neighborhood are probably a little bit more worried about the property tax bill and putting food on the table and inflation and stuff that really matters. And this all is taking money away from resources that might go to well, I don't know, phil pothole or improve the neighborhood. From a broken windows theory connect standpoint, you.
Speaker 8: Know, right, well, if they put as much energy into planning fixing the roads as they have in this Green Cincinnati plan, we would see a lot more progress on our infrastructure. But I've been trying to figure out how much money this is all costing. It's not easy to track through the city, but so far it looks like in two thousand and four they received forty five million dollars in federal grants and then the city spent their own money to about nine million dollars for Green Cincinnati activities, And so a lot of that money is just going to go away. And they have people on staff. The city has people on staff, especially in their Office of Environment and Sustainability, I think is what they call it. I mean, they basically have this attitude we eat what we kill so they file all these grant applications with the federal government. Yeah, the head of the office was quoted in the newspapers saying that, oh, he's They've put applications in for between sixty and eighty million dollars. And so you have people writing these grants. When you get their grants, you have to manage the grant and it consumes so much energy and part of the city staff that I don't know how they're making progress in some of these other areas.
Speaker 3: I don't think the point is to make progress, Todd. I think the point is to fund non governmental organizations and put money in those folks pockets who probably do live out in the suburbs and really nice multi hundred thousand dollars homes and enjoy the fruits and benefits of the American taxpayers labor while not accomplishing a single thing. I don't think they're out there actually do anything. I think they're just out to, you know, put money in their own pocket.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a very the city of Cincinnati is very high risk when it comes to these nonprofits. So far, they've got leverage support that they give out to the community. That's about fifty groups or so, then they had then they started this act for Sensei, which is their violence prevention program. That's got another seventy sixty seventy groups, and then the Green Cincinnati Plan has over one hundred groups. Lord that they are trying to organize or that they all.
Speaker 3: Of whom have salaries and need to be funded before any actual work can be done or something can be actually accomplished out in the world to achieve whatever goal it is they were formed to achieve.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well this is this is this is a very risky, risky position to have all this city money going out to all these different groups and nobody's really overseen it. There was a case in Cleveland, for example, where one of the council members was perpetrating some fraud schemes through these nonprofits in Cleveland the same way. I'm certain in one case he got one of the nonprofits to put his girlfriend on the payroll for five thousand a month. And then the other case he got is he got a i think a development corporation, a local development corporation to sell property to his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: That's pausive. We need an inspector general, is what we need to have.
Speaker 8: Oh, we definitely need one bran, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: We'll bring our inspector general back here after these brief words beginning with cover. Since he make the call to cover. Sincey, I know your medical insurance is expensive. I know you got all tons of out of pocket liability. I know they did not claims all the time. I know what your copays are. It's a lot. It's a hell of a lot of money.
Speaker 2: And Cover.
Speaker 3: Since he is a broker that works with hundreds of insurance companies, access to thousands of policies, they work for you. One size does not fit all.
Speaker 2: They know that though.
Speaker 3: If you have a small business, they'll talk to every single employee and prepare package of insurance for each employee's personal needs. You don't buy group insurance. You go through Cover Sincy and it works out great for so many folks businesses, improving the bottom lines and getting employees happy about the medical insurance coverage coverage that'll actually want and can use. So you know it doesn't since it doesn't cost anything, it doesn't obligate you to do anything. Find out if they can do this for you. Coversinci dot com is a form that you can fill out online and if you're listening to me in some other states. This isn't just the Greater SINCINNTI area. They are nationwide. They can do this for anybody out there. Cover sinsi dot com. Get the processes started by filling the format or call them directly at five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 5: Get ready.
Speaker 10: The Iheartspring auction is coming up April twenty eight through May four. Grab some great deals I'm jewelry, lawnmowers, carpet cleaning, tree services, window covering, boat installation, home improvement and more. Visit bit on sincy dot com and get ready to save.
Speaker 3: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Lender Center of Hope Lenders Center of Hope dot org. Hys Brian Thomas, host of the Vidyabot Therapy Morning Show with Lauren Niece or Lauren is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at the Linder Center of Hope. More information go to Linder Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six hope. Who should consider psychotropic medications?
Speaker 19: So anyone who has concern for bothersome symptoms, whether they're diagnosed or undiagnosed. So feeling on edge all the time might indicate anxiety. Having some hopelessness, difficulty getting out of bed, feeling unmotivated, tearful might indicate some depression. So if you have anything like that going on, going to talk to someone about if maybe a psychotropic is good for you, or even like maybe therapy anyone who's in therapy, whether that be talk therapy or trauma therapy. And this goes in the coping mechanisms that you're learning in therapy aren't helpful or not fully managing your symptom.
Speaker 3: More information on mental health go to Linder Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six hope any Jennin tells us as far as the weather goes, partly the mostly cloudy skies, pop up storms may show up after two PM. Today's I seventy nine down fifty nine tonight with some isolated storms possible seventy nine. The high again tomorrow with clouds slight chance of rain in the morning and showers and possible storms increasing in the afternoon and the evening overnight since body rain possible, and then on Saturday Driday sixty nine or sixty five for the highway mostly cloudy skies fifty five Right now traffic time Bridley.
Speaker 12: You see help Tramping Centerate, you see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes, Expect more, and you see help dot com stop pens seventy five continues to crawl between Hoppo and an accident in Covington that has everything but the right lane block Doflinsher coming off of the brand Spence over a half hour delay satbound two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence Burn Rampamchale Cropper Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty five KR. See the talk station. Brian Thomas was citizen watchdog. Todd Zenzer former Inspector General. And we have a couple of minutes here since I supposed the conversation on fiscal responsibility also dovetails into the attacks on Elon Musk. Let's pause on that oneas I'm gonna give a little bit more attention. You got to, I know you had something to say about Greg Landsman getting in trouble with his failure to report his stockish or stocks.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, back during the campaign, it came out that he failed to make disclosures for basically his whole first.
Speaker 3: Term, as is required under law. Exactly, it's been a law for a long time, yes.
Speaker 8: And so he came out and said, well, I'm I'm supporting legislation that would prohibit members of Congress from UH trading in stocks. Well, that went by the wayside. Now the new proposal is to force members to put all their stock into a blind trust or something like that, and he supports that. But in the meantime, he had to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks in order to walk the walk the talk.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well, they did call him out on it, started to disclose, so and and through these revelations, we also found out that he was invested in defense contractors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: He's very hypocritical in terms of in tobacco companies too, right, Yeah, what he talks about out on the campaign and where he puts his money.
Speaker 2: So he's not a green investor.
Speaker 8: No, he's going for the money.
Speaker 3: He's going for the money, right, And you know, I suppose a prudent investor, in spite of the fact whether they like war, appreciate war, I want to get out of wars, knows that the wars are perpetual. We manufacture a lot of munitions and sell them off to other countries. So raytheon, let's put some money raytheon.
Speaker 8: Well, what's funny is that he must know that many members of Congress go into Congress with little money and come out of Congress with a lot of money. And that's all being done through the stock market, yep. And so he's got to know that. So maybe that's why he has been reluctant to dump those stocks last See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knows what Congress is going to vote on, what's coming up with the proposed legislation, is what's likely to pass, and knows where how which companies are going to benefit as a consequence of it. It's degreased palm index that Nathan Backrack and d Think and invented before they retired. Whoever had the most lobbying money going into Congress, they pick those companies. They put him in one fund. I don't know how it ended up working out in terms of return on investment, but something to me, it probably.
Speaker 2: Worked out pretty well.
Speaker 3: I would think it did more with Todd Zenzer after these brief wourds seven thirty five, I coming up on seven thirty six fifty You I have KCV talk station. You want the dynamic duo of dentistry working on your teeth, you need doctors Pack and Freu outstanding at what they do. My general dentistsmen doctor Peck for years that he's just got the best crew of working, their family friendly environment, really just wonderful dentistry. And he, of course is one of the premier cosmetic dentists in the entire country, one of the only three accredited fellows of the American Academy at Cosmetic Dentistry. Doctor frew on her behalf, probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Speaker 2: She is as sweet as she can be.
Speaker 3: So if you're one of those folks that doesn't like going to the dentists, you'll love doctor Freu being your dentist. And she's on her way to accreditation with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry. So you got years of experience from Pack, fresh perspectives from doctor Freu, all in the best dental environment you can have always the most date of the art clinic. You can go to very very close to the Montgomery Road exit. It's at two seventy five. You were almost there, So I call that convenient worth of the drive. If you're looking for the well life changing impact of exceptional cosmetic dentistry, to find them online, go to peck pek p e c K pecksmiles dot com. Call for an appointment. You'll be glad you did. Five one three six, one seventy six sixty six. That's sixty two one seventy six sixty six fifty.
Speaker 2: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 12: The future of the.
Speaker 3: Quick weather forecast your clouds. For the most part, pop up storms after two highest seventy nine, got a chance of storms over night fifty nine for the low, mostly cloudy chance of rain and possibly storms later in the afternoon Tomorrow. Seventy nine is going to be the high. Spotty rain possible over Friday night and a dry Saturday with the highest sixty five and mostly cloudy sky fifty five.
Speaker 6: Now traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center, you see health. Go find comprehensive KRE that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible that's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com Stethbound seventy five slows in and Adam Lachlan then very heavy from Hoppel to an accident in Covington. Only the right lane gets by as you come off of the bridge thanks to that wreck.
Speaker 12: That's an extra half hour.
Speaker 6: Minimum Chuck Ingramont fifty five and KO see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with Citizen Watchdog former Inspector General Todd Zenzer. And the kind of topics that we talk about, Todd are just mind blowing. I mean, it angers me and I just stare and disbelieve that our elected officials actually go down these various roads that they have gone down, that they disregard the citizens will in the case of Hyde Park. They're pursuing these green agendas with all these hundreds of non governmental organizations without accomplishing a single thing. Hopefully this federal dollars will dry up, but I think, as you said off air, they'll probably just go ahead and redirect like road fit, road repair money and critical infrastructure money to continue the pursuit of a green agenda to the I mean to the detriment of everybody, every neighborhood in the city.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's going to be a choice for them down the road when all this federal money dries up and they have to make a decision on what they're going to cut. I don't have a lot of confidence that they're going to look at the green Cincinnati planet say oh, yeah, we don't need that. They're going to make They're going to continue to make that a priority.
Speaker 3: Well, and I can't imagine that being a magnet for business and industry. If you want to draw people into the city, you want to allow them to have choices about where they live and what they live in, and ability to drive in and out of it so they can escape it if they need to anyhow, And that's what employees of big incorporations would want to big corporations want to g ge. Right, Yeah, did they move out? They That's right, they did. How's that working that for them?
Speaker 2: Anyhow?
Speaker 3: Justice Department just released an additional what they called greatest hits the other DA Attorney General Pambondi. This is the Doge related conversation. City's fiscal responsibility coupled with the outrage that I know you felt when you saw one of our elected officials, account woman, talking about burning teslas and attacking Elon Musk um Let us see here they cut two million dollars used for quote, national listening sessions of individuals with lived experience close quote asked Joe Streger this morning if he's had lived experience, and he has, and of course I've had fifty nine years of lived experience. I don't know what the hell that means. But we just cut two million dollars. It was going to that six hundred and ninety five dollars six hundred ninety five thousand dollars for a quote. Excuse me, this is great, and you're one of the most intelligent people I know.
Speaker 2: Tell me what this is?
Speaker 3: A parallel, convergent, mixed methods case study, research designed to assess the efficacy of police departments, LGBTQ liaison services.
Speaker 2: Who how about that?
Speaker 3: That's a mouthful six hundred ninety five grand of the taxpayer money. Anyway, the list keeps getting longer and longer, and yet they're out there calling Elon Musk Nazi and destroying teslas and Tesla dealerships and Tesla charging stations. Once the Darling of the Green Agenda now is become an evil person because he's pointing this stuff out.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when a council member, Anna Albi, when they passed a resolution a couple of weeks ago to support the federal employees and then if you look at the resolution, it basically just slams the administration about cutting this and cutting that, and she was triggered big time when it came to this. They all get a chance to talk about the resolution. So when it came to miss Albi, she said, well, we're all talking very calmly about this. We should be angry. And she just went off and she started accusing Elon Musk of going around and harming people and harming our community and our residents from top to bottom, and just she like somebody that might just go out in kia tesla. That's the way she seemed to me.
Speaker 3: And a guy again, you know, it's like five minutes ago in your life experience lived experience time was the Darling of the Green Agenda was the greatest guy on the planet because he invented the best electric vehicle out there, no more emissions. We're all going to save the world. And he becomes evil because he shows that there are hundreds of thousands of Social Security numbers out there in the world for people that are over one hundred and twenty. That he reveals all of these insane programs that are on their face absolutely indefensible that he's running. He's endeavoring to run the federal government more efficiently like a real company, as opposed to squandering our labor in the form of taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 2: That's all bad.
Speaker 3: All because some federal employee in a useless department loses their job, they don't cry a single tier when some other business fires employees, ease or goes to reorganization. I mean, I used to work for Anthem. I went through three reorgs. They lost people, they changed the departments, they shifted things down, they got rid of middle management. There wasn't an article in the paper even written about it. Not a tears shed. Federal employees aren't really doing anything and not even showing up at work. They're out in the street protesting over it and turning Elon Musk into somehow the head of the National Socialist Party.
Speaker 2: Well Nazi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the.
Speaker 8: Federal government has already has personnel rules in place to do everything that's being done. It's not like they've come in and invented things. In fact, they're being very generous with this, the buyout and the way the buyout. Sure, and it's it has to be done. And for a member of city council to think that we that that we don't spend enough money and that we shouldn't be cutting it is just irresponsible.
Speaker 3: Listen, two trillion in additional expenditures from the federal government annually beyond what they spend and take in in taxes. We've dug ourselves into a monumental hole, almost thirty seven trillion dollars. The debt service is already a trillion dollars. And someone's advocating to continue down that path. That person is either financially as ignorant as a post or is desirous of the end of the United States of America as we know it because it's going to crash our Fiat currency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she came off as a nefarious or stupid in either case stupid.
Speaker 8: It's very emotional, no question about that.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with Todd's zenser one more segment. I wish we could talk for an entire day todds Enzer Gate of Cemetery of mont Government. I think I need it. It's a serene, beautiful and not to die there. I know I'm talking about because it's just as a serene and beautiful place, and Gate to Heaven is encouraging people to come and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding. It is so well maintained. It's springtime, the flowers are coming up. They got the winding trails. It's trankful, it's peaceful. It's a great location for prayer and reflection, especially when you get all ginned up over the insanity coming out of downtown Cincinnati. And Council's antics one area they've been ministering to the tri State for more than seventy seven years and again open to everybody. So head on over and relax and exhale for a moment and enjoy nature, honoring life on sacred ground. Learn more online go to Gate of Heaven dot org. Fifty five KRC the talk station when the power goes cham and nine first Onfoecas it's going to be mostly cloudy today, pop up storms after two pm seventy nine for the high chance of isolated storms overnight with a roll of fifty nine, mostly clady Tomorrow start out with a slight chance of rain and then possibility of storms later in the afternoon and evening seventy nine the high overnight it's going to be spotty rain Saturday, dry day, cloudy day and a highest sixty five fifty six.
Speaker 2: Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 12: From the UCL Trampic Center. You see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive ko that's so personal. It's your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more at you see how dot com. Southbound seventy five continues slowed through Lachlan, then again from Hoppel to an accident in Covington. Only the right lane gets by coming off of the Brand Spence Bridge over a forty minute delay. Northbound seventy five slows out of Erlminger into the cut shuck Ingram on fifty five KRE and see the talk station.
Speaker 2: At fifty five Krcity talk station.
Speaker 3: Certainly an eye opening hour here in the fifty five Carricite mornings. She would always DoD with is when Todd Zensers in the studio former Inspector General Citizen Watchdog is his podcast Check it out. He's one of the few sources of information that we get like this, and I am just I feel blessed to be in a position to let folks know about it. I think people so few people really realize how our city is being governed and what their objectives are, and they seem to have nothing to do with the day to day lives of the people that live in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Todd.
Speaker 8: Yeah, looking at this green Cincinnati planet's almost as if there's two different efforts in the city. One is kind of the police and fire, sewers water, and then there's this other group that's doing all these things about the climate, and it's kind of behind the scenes for the most part. Yeah, and it's very well funded, very well staffed, and it's energy and effort on the part of the city staff that could be redeployed to help with these core services. Exactly, Brian.
Speaker 3: I mean, our infrastructure is falling apart, and they're always complaining about insufficient dollars.
Speaker 2: L's what is that? What are the motivations for selling the railroad? Absolutely, and then we find out there's.
Speaker 3: Tens of millions of dollars being thrown out there to hundreds of organizations for the purpose of achieving some inachievable or unachievable climate goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, and the.
Speaker 8: Workforce keeps getting bigger.
Speaker 3: Along those lines. Along those well, they're not hiring more people to fix the roads or keep things sewn together.
Speaker 8: The hiring is going on in the city manager's office and in the administrative staff in city Hall.
Speaker 3: If we can get people to apply for the job, I mean, think of all the additional police officers we can have. We can have a full contingent of police officers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That is a mystery to me why they're not fully staffed. They seem to have this you know, one hundred or one hundred and so deficit in terms of vacancies, and it's just does I don't really understand.
Speaker 2: It, or pay them more? I mean, you know, I mean the police officers.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want to get more people of quality and caliber that meet whatever expectations you have from a police officer, if you just put that nonsensical expenditure of money that's going into I don't know, whatever green project, and you just offer them they get it for five, five thousand or ten thousand dollars extra year. You might get more people signed up.
Speaker 1: For the job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, they're not doing things to attract candidates to the police force. In fact, they have this they have this defund the police effort going on with three one one where they've hired what they call community responders. Yeah, and they're sending those folks out to some of these scenes instead of the police.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not armed, not prepared, not trained. Law enforcement officers are more like defusers or counselors or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're supposed to be mental health counselors and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk to some cop when things go sideways? Are you gonna want a real cop there? You're gonna want someone who's gonna talk about your feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It seems to me if they want to do that, it should be under the police department, and that would be a position that they could use to develop and recruit more police officers. Have them start out as these community responders and recruit them for the police force.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent idea. Gee imagine that, Oh, Todd, I'm not quite sure where to go. You are supporting Corey Bowman though I want.
Speaker 8: To absolutely Corey is very down to earth. I think he has very very good intentions, and I think he wants to be a good mayor.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I've met him so many times, and he is a good man. Yes, you know, he's a sincere human being. I think he would be open to some of the concepts that you talked about today. He does absolutely want to better the city in terms of taking care of infrastructure and making things well easier to develop. I mean, he experienced his own problems in his own neighborhood with developers who wanted to come in and do some good for the neighborhood, only to be stopped by the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, he's not going to be like our mayor that it always seems that the mayor is auditioning for something, or that he's trying to get his ticket punched by the National Party or by somebody in Washington. That there is an agenda out there, we just don't know exactly what it all includes.
Speaker 3: Well, and fortunately we have you, Toudzenzer, to talk about what the agenda is behind the scenes, that they are in fact pushing real time right now, and where the valuable and finite taxpayer dollars are actually being sent. Well, one can only keep our fingers crossed that that evil man Elon Musk will finally shut down massive quantities of cash for these stupid green programs and those people will have to go out and find real jobs. Todds Inzer get in touch with his podcast Citizen Watchdog. You know you're always welcome on the Morning Show. We could do this like every single day. From my standpoint, we never would accomplish getting through all the issues. But I cannot thank you on behalf of all of my listeners for the work that you do. That you pay attention to all this, You keep tabs on it, you write about it, you do a podcast on it, and you're willing to come on here in the Morning Show from time to time to well event your spleen get it all of your system and make people more aware of the what I will call shenanigans.
Speaker 8: So I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Prian, my pleasure.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 3: It has really been a treat having you on the show. Seven fifty five fifty five KRC the Talk Station. The return of Mandy Gonna Sakara, she is the conservative pundit. In honor of Offen or other of y'all fired, we are going to sort of continue along the same lines the media and the left's obsession with austeing Pete Hegsat and their defense of the MS thirteen wife beater. That's after the top of the our news, followed by iHeart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at a thirty I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report calls wake up.
Speaker 11: Trump is not playing games Klay Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRCO.
Speaker 3: Six fifty five KRC, he talk station. I should just get blown away by Todd Senser. Just a great guy, stud brilliant. It's just the he gets so damn frustrated when he tells you about the truth of what's going on in the real world. And it's so troubling when you talk to him that more people aren't aware of what he's talking about. And how ill served the city of Cincinnati is by the folks who are running it. I mean, there are neighborhoods out there that are screaming for attention. They're screaming to have their roads repaved. They're screaming to have some resources and put in their direction. And we find out these tens of millions of dollars are being thrown out into the world for things that have no impact on fixing these communities. They have no impact on the voters in the city of Cincinnati. I mean, on the heels of yesterday's foregone conclusion that Hyde Park can't control its own destiny, we get an hour ful of Todd Zenzer's revelations about the antics behind the scenes in the city of Cincinnati. He said it was revealed to him that mayor have to have purvall. I mean she said this off Aaron, I don't think you have a problem. He's saying it out loud. He's probably set up a four million times anything. Anytime anything lands on AFTAB Provol's desk, he looks at it through the eyes of two things, equity and the environment.
Speaker 2: That's it. Hey, Joe, if you've seen a report, has Sunset been paved yet? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know not, hasn't, hasn't. Well, we were supposed to have many. Mandy Goodness a car on the program, author of y'all fired, and she was going to talk about Pete Hegzeth and the lefts out obsession with trying to get rid of him, and their obsession with the MS thirteen gang member who apparently had been previously pulled over by a highway patrol officer while driving a car belonging to a confessed human smuggler, also a wife beater and MS searching gang member. I mentioned that one didn't I anyhow, the phone lines are open five one, three, seven eight two three talk found five fifty on eight and defends go in any direction we can. I have a couple of things to dive back into or dive into at the outset, but I got Jeff on the phone. Jeff, thanks for calling this morning in a very happy Friday EVE to you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Happy Friday Eve to you and Joe and you guys are true patriots, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother. I thoroughly thoroughly appreciate hearing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess just using my logic and common sense argument to any of my friends on the left or Democrats that are starting to wake up, I would.
Speaker 9: Say that if someone is.
Speaker 7: Threatening your slush fund or threatening your way of life, even if some of it is not exactly legal, then you are going to be then that person.
Speaker 1: Is going to be the loudest voice. Yes, And.
Speaker 7: Apparently Pete is in their line of sights, because he might, you know, shake up the situation, especially if you find out that a lot of money that should be going to defense contractors or the military, or even possibly things that are happening elsewhere in this world, and he shuts that down, it could seriously harm their machine. And I just think that anytime you see the Left attack one of those people, it's because they're coming too close to the to the cookie jar.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree with you completely, and I think that the reason they're so angry with Elon Musk. You know, conceptually, it could be literally any human being in that position and he or she would be labeled a Nazi. But he has the intelligence, the wherewithal and the brilliant staff that he's surrounded himself to harness this this technology, that he has, this artificial intelligence to get through all of these records and get through all of these contracts at a very rapid pace. Something that government is not really widely known for is getting things done efficiently and quickly. I mean, he's run major, multi billion billion corporations not by expanding them and making them too big, but by making him run leanly and efficiently. So that's where as expertise lies. Look at his history of success, that's why he's the wealthiest man in a planet.
Speaker 2: So but you're right, he knows, he knows.
Speaker 7: How to squeeze every dollar out of every single thing he does.
Speaker 3: Yes, so how is it? And and here here's my observation along those lines. You're right, I think a lot of this anger and outrage and these protests that seem to draw a lot of people are organized by the very folks whose jobs and livelihood are at risk because they're doing absolutely nothing but consuming taxpayer dollars and provide fid us nothing in return. Every one of these NGOs has, you know, people making hundreds of thousands of dollars, oh CEO of this blah blah blah green group, And yeah, well we pay your salary, and then you know, you hire a whole bunch of other people who then have a salary, and then what money's left over? Did you actually accomplish anything? And I don't think it's for the purpose of accomplishing something. It's just for the purpose of keeping a lot of these crazy people employed, maybe employing people with college degrees that have absolutely no value. Whatever nefarious motive behind it is, those are the angry leftists, and they have a well organized machine to get people to show up, either by paying them or just because they're useful idiots for the cause. Those folks that get interviewed all the time, that show up at these you know, Elon Musk protests, these anti you know, Trump protests, When you ask them why they're there and you articulate to them, you know, well, can you please explain to me what has outraged you so much? They have nothing to say. They don't know why they're there, honestly, but they do. They're just they either that or they're just again useful idiots. Oh I hate Trump. I'll show up because I got the text message. Or I'm part of the group that said we're gonna organize it's such and such a place at such and such a time and screaming outrage and rage against the machine that is the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be there. They don't know why, they just know they hate evil Orange Man. But they aren't.
Speaker 3: I'm convinced, Jeff that the vast majority of people out there in regardless of what they identify as Republican or Democrat. Are not the fringe chunk that are showing up at these meetings. Most of I would say, my conservative friends and folks like you don't show up even at conservative rallies because you got better things to do. You got to like, you got a family, You want to enjoy some time off this. I work my butt off. I'm not gonna go out to a rally on a Saturday afternoon. I'd rather spend some time with my kids. I'm gonna go to the baseball game, whatever happens to be. But we're the majority of people. That's that silent majority. The squeaky wheel always ends up getting the grease. And these politicians see these are these throngs and masses of people showing up to rally against Trump administration. Then you get a guy like Mayor I have to have pervol who has revealed his far left, AOC level leftism, out there screaming and raging against Elon Musk blocking the street in violation of the city's laws, which required a permit, which they didn't get. But they're not the majority. They surround themselves in an echo chamber of leftist babble. They aren't willing to listen to anybody like me or you, or someone with a measure of common sense who's even politically neutral. Nope, they'll have it there one way because that's what they're used to hearing, and that's what they think is going to resonate for the people. But look at the polls, Jeff, Poll after poll after poll, where are the where's the population in terms of let's say immigration. They're on the side of Donald Trump, Democrats included, and a majority of them.
Speaker 7: You know, Uh, Commons is coming back. And one of the things I wanted to mention to you was those makes me think that even though we've all been lulled into a sense of well, government can never do anything because you know, they always go over budget and they just do things wrong. Well, maybe they're happy with that explanation because they now know we will not look for the money. And dose is that could be it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, government doesn't have to earn anything. They are takers and they don't have to show that they have actually accomplished something, and they don't have to provide any.
Speaker 2: Accountability for what they do.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, me.
Speaker 2: I love the American veteran.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the American military, and I'm glad we've got one because you know, the times, they're always kind of dicing, someone's always out there trying to do as harm. But do you think for a moment that in a nine hundred billion dollars annual defense expenditure there's not fraud, wasting abuse in that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure, I'm sure we could.
Speaker 3: I be we could cut that budget by one hundred and fifty billion dollars and not sacrifice an iota of our defense readiness and capabilities. That's the kind of stuff that we should be looking for. But they don't have to be efficient, that is, that doesn't have to be any accountability. And plus they've got senators of both political stripes and Republicans and representative of both political stripes, for example, like Raytheon or whatever defense contractor is in any given state, fighting for their interests and the piece of equipment that they're trying to hawk because well, it's jobs and it's our state, So we're going to keep that and we're not going to look to see whether we really need it or not.
Speaker 7: Right and common sense says that places like that shouldn't be scared. They can always retool and use their massive amount of employment and stuff for something better. I mean, it doesn't always have to be bullets and rockets. It could be who knows, it could be a subsidity of SpaceX for the next twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 7: I mean, as long as the peo for making money, that's fine. But they're I think they're lolled into the fact that, oh no, if we don't make weapons, we'll we'll go out of business. Will you just retool for something else?
Speaker 3: Of course you do, of course you do. I appreciate the call as always, Jeff, you hang in there. Man five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk Joe, you hang on for a moment. I'll be happy to take your call after these brief words. Beginning with Zimmer heating and air conditioning. Yes, it's air conditioning time. But to tell you what, if your system went out, you got an HVAC. Systems cover both of them. I know they're expensive, but it's a great time to get in touch with the good people at Zimmer. They are specialists of what they do, been out it for more than seventy five years, keeping your homes safe, efficient and comfortable.
Speaker 2: Comfortable.
Speaker 3: The emphasis here because right now, if your system goes out, you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new Carrier Comfort system. For my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling, they are excellent a customer service and if you don't have to replace your whole system, they certainly can service whatever unit you've got, So call them. You'll be happy you did. The price will be right. The customer service again is outstanding. That's why they've been in business for more than seventy five years. Chris Simmer's proud of the operation he's got going right now as well he should be. But you got to replace it. Why not save some serious money fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on that Carrier Comfort system. You can make an appointment two ways call him up five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five two one ninety eight ninety three go online to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 21: Fifty five KRC. Hello, I'm Joe Cordell eight twenty one looking forward to Jay rattl if I heard a media aviation expert. Always look forward to talking to Jay, usually lighten things up. When Jay's on the phone at eight thirty. We'll get to him in a moment. First one turned to the phones because Joe's been kind enough to hold over the breake there. Joe, Welcome to the show. Thanks for holding.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 20: I was just, you know, just wondering if there's something that precedes the Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: You know debate.
Speaker 20: And I know there's not a ruling yet, but you know, instead of and Johnny has two puppies, I wonder if they put like a Bible in substitution, would would that be okay that you made them read it five times a day?
Speaker 2: Now you're talking about Maryland.
Speaker 3: But the answer is no, you couldn't get away with that because that will be considered teaching, teaching religion in schools. And I am with you one hundred percent that that's exactly what they're doing when they're talking about Heather has Two Mommies, or this book with transgender focus for kindergarteners, that that's what they're doing when they are told by the administration and the curriculum requires you to read it five times during the year, and you need to deflect children's opposition to it to influence them into believing that this is what they should believe in spite of what a parent or their home environment teaches. Like, for example, from a religious perspective, that's doing exactly that. Just because there isn't a divine being associated with it. This is a you know, this is still religion.
Speaker 20: I mean with with you know, when my kids were old enough, you know, you could put a crayon on a piece of paper and you could sign your name apparently, you know, you could get a library book. And of course I was responsible for it when but but it was a cool thing to do. Yeah, And I stayed home with my kids, so I raised my.
Speaker 22: My youngest and stuff, and I went through all this and I just want you know, when I when I think about what they grabbed off the shelf, Brian, it was about dinosaurs and trains. Yeah, and you know, I can't I can't imagine Thomas linking up with you know, the wrong train.
Speaker 3: I know, that's a good way of putting it, Joe, that's hilarious. My son loved Thomas a tank. Oh wow, he's thirty'd be thirty two and June I just that brought back fond memories. But you're right, yeah, And the argument in further Supreme Court is exactly that point. Whether or not the book is in the library at the school is not the issue here. This isn't about the availability of this material. It's about it being part of the curriculum being taught in class, the requirement that the teachers had to use these specific what some deem offensive books. And they weren't saying remove them from the curriculum. These parents weren't arguing to take the books out of the library. All they were arguing about is give me a chance to pull my kid out of class that day.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 20: Well, they could do the same with the Bible, you know, you could put your kid out.
Speaker 2: Of I suppose.
Speaker 3: But the idea that we aren't we don't live in a theocracy is where the whole concept of you know, this this separation of church and state, that there isn't a you know, a religion that is imposed upon the masses. And that came directly from the fact that they had that the Church of England, which was doing exactly that, you could not worship anything else. The Church of England teachings was what was taught, so that our founding fathers knew that they had to pay taxes for the church down the street, even they didn't even belong to it. So I get, I get the ideas in terms of public education. It is not a religious institution, but I bet you could probably that's their.
Speaker 20: Religion though, isn't it, Brian.
Speaker 11: I mean, when they talk.
Speaker 20: About their left ideals, that's what their religion is. It is.
Speaker 22: I don't know what else they believe in, because that's all they're pushing on us.
Speaker 3: Joe, just like it requires a leap of faith someone People often talk about that, how is it you believe in God? You've never seen him, He's never manifested himself to you. How is it that it's a leap of faith? And there are many theologians who could argue about that and why you should believe.
Speaker 2: In all that? That's fine.
Speaker 3: This this is the same kind of concept when you're talking about a boy believing he is a girl, and truly believing that he is a girl when he's in fact got a twigging berries and an ex and y chromosome. I mean, that's beyond a leap of faith. It's defying logic, reason and scientific reality, but embracing something that you know we're supposed to say, Okay, you're right when you're really not. I believe you believe you're the opposite sex, but I'm not going to give into the idea that you really are that would require me to divide logic reason in scientific reality. That's when you fall into the realm of religion. From my standpoint, that you buy into that they have transformed magically into a double X without twigging berries, if you know what I mean. So appreciate the concept and the conversation. Joe always welcome these conversations. Hang in there, brother, Thanks for calling A twenty six and thank god Jay Ratliff will beyond next. After I mentioned Peter Shabria, Keller Williams seven Hills is Chabrie Group the only team I would ever call if I had need a buyer's agent or a seller's agent at seven zero eight three thousand dot com. And the offer programs that no one else offers. Instant offer program is a great one. There are times you need to move out right away somebody. You don't want to stage your house. You don't want to paint the off colored walls because you're real good real estate agents will tell you, you know, oh, pepto bismo pink not the most desired color in a living room, and so we recommend that you paint that wall maybe in neutral color. Here's a palead of acceptable colors that will increase the value of your home. You don't want to go through that, you don't want to clean up, you don't want to leave the house, so they can show the home. How about just get an instant offer. Sabri Group does that and so much more. You get true value in a five star experience from the Schuber Group. So you get in touch with them. I just want to get started, to get out of here. They come over to your place. You'll have a cash offer within forty eight hours of them seeing your property. That means you can close, and as little as fourteen days after that. So bottom line, less than three weeks from today, you're out, you're done, You're moving on with your life. Just one of the many programs offered by the Shabrig Group of Coloriam seven Hills outstanding. They are five star experience is what you get seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com stick a five to one three in front of it. You're on the phone with them five one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 5: Thousand, fifty five KRC is.
Speaker 3: Jane nine first forty one to fourcast got partly the most eclodic skies Today After two pm is a chance to pop up. Storm seventy nine for the high and isolated storm possible over night. Fifty nine for the low cloudy morning with a slight chance of rain and inns. Possible storms and showers later in the afternoon and evening Tomorrow's high seventy.
Speaker 2: Nine s body rain overnight on Tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Saturday, we've got a dry day with the highest sixty five and mostly cloudy skies fifty nine degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now traffic time.
Speaker 12: From the UC Traffic Center. Right you see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at uce health dot com. Stap bend seventy five break lights through Westchester, then Blachlan and heavy from seventy four to the Brand Spence. But the wreck that cauts that backup is now clear. There's a wreckcon River. After you've got past State and westbound thirty two, you got pants to seventy five Chuck Ingram on fifty five to se the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, thirty one fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: I feel like I can exhale and put a smile on my face because time of week we always get to talk to I Hurt media aviation expert Jay rattleft Jay, Welcome back to the morning show, my friend.
Speaker 2: I love having you on.
Speaker 1: Hey. Pleasant, Good morning to you. It's it's good to be back.
Speaker 23: Last Thursday, I'm like wandering around lost. I'm glad you were having a good time, but you know, I'm just yeah, it wasn't the same. So I'm glad we're chatting again.
Speaker 3: I am too, And I'd be honest with you. I was probably still sleeping.
Speaker 1: I didn't text you to ask how you were doing.
Speaker 3: No, that's funny because I always appreciate you and Dan Carrol dor Kevin Gordon filling in for me, and I never listened because when I'm taking my days off, when I'm doing this staycation, I am sleeping as late as I can because it's one of the things I enjoy not having to get up at two thirty. But beyond that and I always throw your curveball. I just is an opportunity for you to double down on something you've warned people about time and time again. Alaska Airlines East one seventy five getting ready to leave Seattle Tacoma International Airport heading on over to Redmond Municipal and apparently traveler loading his gear up late pulled a tennis racket out of his bag and made a joke saying, well, I finally got the bomb in and take resulted and of course a delayed flight.
Speaker 1: Well you know, in what.
Speaker 23: Happens is people say, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, it was just a joke. Well I'm sorry. Once the words come out of your mouth. There is no other protocol for anyone in the airline industry other than to a kick you off. B make sure all your check luggage is off, and they will probably many times they'll even do an inspection of the aircraft to make sure you didn't bring anything on board that you might have been able to get through.
Speaker 1: Security is a pain in the butt for everybody involved.
Speaker 23: And well, you know, a lot of times people are looking for a you know, make a joke, haha kind of thing. And some people are just scared to death to fly, and when they do, they just babble on and sometimes they say some of the most ridiculous things that you could ever hear come out of their mouth. And all you do is inconvenience every single person. You'll probably never again fly that airline, right and you're looking at a fine from the.
Speaker 1: Federal Aviation Administration.
Speaker 23: I mean, you're gonna have years of problems because of one stupid comment. But the airline cannot allow that flight to be dispatched in the event. Somebody said that because if the airplane were to take off, God forbid, and have an accident and crash, there's three survivors. What's the three survivors going to report. Well, the last thing I remember was some guy saying at a bomb on an airplane. Right now, they could probably disprove that from the NTSB investigation, but the airlines are going to take that risk.
Speaker 1: It's simply not going to be allowed. And yeah, that was the end result.
Speaker 2: Well, as the article reports, I do in abundance of caution. This is a long ones. What you're talking about.
Speaker 3: The aircraft was deplane and a canine searched the aircraft and cleared it for travel. Now, is that do airports typically keep canines locally and they're ready to do something like this?
Speaker 23: Yeah, most many airports will have the canine teams that are there for explosive trace residue and other types of things that might be associated with an instrument of terror. A lot of times they're behind the scenes around the baggage after we've turned it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check baggage. Yeah, Yeah, it's part.
Speaker 1: Of it's part of the process.
Speaker 23: You see them occasionally walking through the terminals, but most of the times it's behind the scenes. It's one of the many, many things we do from a security standpoint that people don't see. And when you have somebody that breaches security and gets past security, you've got to search. When you have someone that has made a threat, even though they say it's joking, you have to assume it's real and go from there. You also have to be concerned if they're flying with someone else. A lot of times when they deplane, there will be a review by law enforcement to see if this individual was knowingly flying with someone, or if someone had an identical travel itinerary or something where if they're going to the same city, connecting to the same city, whatever, that individual is going to have a conversation and they're going to see if there's any connection between the person who said it was a joke and another passenger. So there's so many things that have to happen, and so many people are inconvenienced. Again, and believe me, law enforcement is going to go through it as though it's a real threat. And if they find out, you know it's not, that individual is going to be facing some serious consequences.
Speaker 1: Well, they have no choice. It's not like they can say, okay, that's all right.
Speaker 23: It's a lot like if if somebody boards an airplane and they're sitting there waiting for the crew to arrive. The crew comes in and everybody applauds, we can go, and somebody says, oh, they were in the bar drinking. They've got us stop, go get the blood tests. We had that happened at Northwest with some stupid lady comment from the back of the airplane who said that, and the captain says, we can't leave, and it's because again, had that plane crashers three survivors. What are you going to say, crew is drinking in the bar. It just you know, Thankfully, with two and a half million people a day that fly Brian, this doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 1: Indeed it does.
Speaker 23: It makes headlines because of how many people were inconvenienced on that flight. And remember that plane's going somewhere else, so there's a bunch of people waiting for that plane to arrive so they can fly it to where they're going.
Speaker 3: The ripple effect is always something you mentioned too. Hey, real quick, we're already had a time in this thing, but I got to ask real quick. Thank god, there's the bomb sniffing dogs down looking for bags that have been stowed in the in the Uestowe. Have they trained them to smell or sniff out lithium batteries because we've talked about the danger of lithium batteries and stowed luggage before. I'm just wondering if you have any knowledge on it.
Speaker 23: I don't believe we've got our friends, our officers, the canine officers trained for quite that.
Speaker 1: I wish they could.
Speaker 23: We've got other ways us to look to make sure that they don't make it on board a flight. But remember, if somebody has a bag at the gate that goes to the plane.
Speaker 1: That's the difference. Yes, yes, people forget about that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Get your liftium batteries out of any checked bag. O pause will bring them back. Apparently not a good week for Southwest Airlines. More with Jay rat left after I mentioned my dear friends at Plump Type Plumbing. You deserve better, locally owned serving the entire Try State. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help, and that's why they are my go to plumbers. They've been over at my house a bunch of times, even times when I wish I really didn't need them. You know, the leaky chandelier thing. You get no service fee, you get a free estimate or a plus with a better business bureau. Some pumps, no problem, low pressure in your pipes, no problem. Leaky pipes absolutely, no problem. Clogged drains, of course they do that. And they are the Tri State's number one installer of tankless water heaters, which last a heck of a lot longer than your traditional one and provide you with unlimited hot water. It's the right way to go. It's modern technology and Plump Tight does it all the time. To check them out online, go to plumtight t t E plumtight dot com five one three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Chat nine weather partly the mostly cloudy day after two pm when they get some pop up storms. We'll see a high of seventy nine fifty nine overnight with isolated storm possible seventy nine and high again tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies, chancer ray in the morning and postible showers and storms in the afternoon, slash evening overnight, maybe a little bit of spotty rain, and on Saturday, we're gonna see a dry day, mostly clouds, high at sixty five sixty degrees.
Speaker 6: Right now traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see how dot Com seven seventy five continues slow through Walkland, getting better between Hoppel and downtown the EU earlier accident in Covington. Cruis are working with the wreck now westbound on thirty two, just tempting and got passed to seventy five Chuck Ingram and fifty five kras the talk station.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been in the cockpit before?
Speaker 3: Jarre alaff has E's Iheartmediavash Nextpert. We get him every Thursday at eight thirty. So Jay apparently not good news to the Southwest Airline.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a historic week in a bad way.
Speaker 23: Two days ago on Tuesday, they for the first time ever laid off employees seventeen hundred and fifty. In all, they have over seventy thousand employees, but it was the first time in the history of Southwest that they've ever had to lay off a single person. And in the early days when they only only had four airplanes, they couldn't meet payroll. Herb Kelleherd, the founder of Southwest, said well, we're not laying anyone off, so we sold one of his four airplanes to meet payroll. You have the attacks of nine to eleven, when a lot of things were happening and all airlines were were in essence kind of laying some people off. Southwest did not even the pandemic. When everybody was getting laid off, Southwest had nineteen percent of their workforce step forward and say, look, we'll take an early retirement so the people behind us can enjoy the career we had. So it's always been an object of pride, rightfully so for Southwest to say, look, we take.
Speaker 1: Care of our employees. They come first.
Speaker 23: But now because of a lot of asenine management decisions have been taking place over the last I don't know, ten fifteen years where Southwest has abandoned what they do best because they want to be like everybody else. It's caused now the need to constrict as an airline, throttle back and unfortunately lay off some of their hard working employees, which you just hate to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a shame, but.
Speaker 3: You know, and I don't suppose anybody will be protesting in the streets and shedding a tier over the loss of any of those Southwest employees the.
Speaker 23: Federal When I put some on Facebook, and I did this because of my sister, I put on there what's that was going on the Southwest in the layoffs and said, do not association this was tariffs. Don't use it as some talking point to try to make a point on the current administration.
Speaker 1: This is something that's been.
Speaker 23: In the work, yes, for over over a decade, and it's because they had a change in leadership and they had people that said, oh, we need to fly to LaGuardia, We need to fly and increase our presence in Atlanta and go to these airports that have such issues with congestion that instead of us using that silver revenue tube five segments a day, they can now only use it three and four because you're now flying into these areas where it's impossible to turn that airplane quickly. So yes, now Southwest is like everybody else. And when you have nine hundred airplanes and you can get an extra segment, another you know, segment of profit from every aircraft every day, it adds up big time. And that's one of the reasons that for decades Southwest, when nobody was making a profit, they continue to make money year after year after year. They were the airline of the year. They were the airline that everyone on the planet wanted to be like. They were doing so many things great, and then, like so many businesses, let's try new coke, they decide to pivot and do something totally in a different direction, trying to be like other people instead of.
Speaker 1: Simply doing what you do best.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get this one more in real quick before we get to the break here, we finally have some helicopter traffic changes after the impact in Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 23: In fact, the Federal Aviation Administration has been obviously spending a lot of time reviewing what went wrong in DC when you had the situation, and then of course we had we've had other situations where we've had helicopters in near proximity to active airports, and the FA is noticing several airport including Boston, New York, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, and others that have helicopter traffic that is in the near proximity to the airport, and they're already making changes because, as you and I've talked about for years, anytime there's an accident, the main goal is to honor the lives of those that were lost by trying to make things safer so that we can prevent that kind of tragedy in the future. And there's a lot of attention right now in Las Vegas because there's a lot of helicopter tours around the Las Vegas area, and what they're trying to do is make sure that they don't have a situation where you're going to have these helicopters operating too close to the active either military and or commercial air traffic. So they're using artificial intelligence and other types of technology to a identify and then to make the changes that they need to make. And I'm really I'm glad to see it, but Brian it it's one of those things again. Why did it take a loss of life for these things to be done? New for years that the number of these occurrences were on the increase. Well, nothing's happened, so I guess we're okay. And that's a deadly, deadly, deadly, you know, standpoint for people to take and sadly in aviation.
Speaker 1: That tends to be what happens.
Speaker 2: It sure is.
Speaker 3: It's just still scratching my head over how that could have possibly happened.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: We'll bring Jay Ratliffe back for learn about apparently Frontier Airlines Jet made a mistake and hub delays. Of course we always end on hub delays. One more with Jay, just stick around me right back.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC is your one more time with the Jena nine weather.
Speaker 3: It's going to be partly to mostly thloty pop up storms after two pm possible seventy nine for the high fifty nine overy night with an isolated storm possible. Rain in the morning possible, and then a chance of storms and showers later in the afternoon and evening. Seventy nine for the high tomorrow, then spotty rain overnight with a high of sixty five on Saturday and mostly Thlody skies sixty degrees Right now, time for final traffic from the.
Speaker 12: UCU Transing Centery.
Speaker 6: Health You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more had you see health dot com. North Bend seventy time continues slow out of Eurrow Winger into downtown Stop Bend Heavy gets through Walkland and then from just above Hoppele to the Brand Spence after problems earlier Stop Bend seventy one, you're up and on the brakes. From above two seventy five passed the Reagan Highway shock Abramont fifty five kre see the talk station.
Speaker 3: It is a forty nine on a Friday eve Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and the return of Corey Bowman, who probably has jumped up in the hearts and minds of the folks at Hyde Park as a Merriw candidate given what the council did to him the other day. So we'll have Corey in tomorrow. In the meantime, one more segment here with iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. So, what happened with the Frontier Airlines jet.
Speaker 1: It was in Seattle.
Speaker 23: It was taxing for takeoffs on a taxiway in the plane broke down.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, got stuck.
Speaker 23: So you're now at a point where it can't go anywhere. You have other airplanes lined up behind them. They can't go around, they can't turn around. You need to if if you know them initially that it's gonna be a while, you would bring out tugs to kind of move the airplanes around as you need them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 23: The problem is you think it's gonna get fixed pretty soon. It's like a weather situation. We call them creeping delays, where it's gonna be a minimal delay. Well, here's thirty minutes, Well it shouldn't be much longer. Now it's an hour. We had flights out there delayed more than two hours because of this jet, and it was just you know, with all the flights we have in the course of the day. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. No injuries, But you talk about the aggravation factor. I mean, you've got passengers going nowhere that are stuck on a plane, and since you're on an active taxi way, the rules are specifically you can't get up and use a laboratory. Now, in a situation like this, it's gonna be a to the captain's discretion, even though by the book, you're on an active taxiway and nobody's supposed to get out of their seats. But obviously, if you're stuck, they probably gave them some relief there. But you're not going anywhere, And I mean maybe your flight's only an hour and a half and you spend two hours on the aircraft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but wait a second, I'm more intrigued than puzzled by was this a single engine craft or something?
Speaker 2: I mean, how does an airplane just break down?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm anxious to see the report on that.
Speaker 23: But they had to put out an alert at the airport telling everybody on the traffic part to expect delays with that particular airport. So, yeah, it was a aircraft that well relatively knew, I think was delivered in twenty eighteen or so. But it's just amazing when you have one airplane that traps, if you will, other airplanes, yes on the textaway and you've seen it when they're all lined up their nose to tail, nose to tail, nose to tail.
Speaker 2: It's like a traffic channel.
Speaker 23: It was it, and you've got mechanical situations. And I'll be anxious to see exactly what the extent of that was, because in essence, have two independently operated engines that you can use. But something prevented that from happening, and that airplane wasn't.
Speaker 1: Go on anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, real quick, before you get to hub the lays, I throw this curve ball light because I saw that China was refusing to accept its delivery of Boeing aircraft. They built those aircraft as a consequence of an order placed by China or the Chinese airline. How the hell can an airline refuse delivery of a product that it promised to pay for.
Speaker 23: Well, it could be that there was a delivery date provision, a clause in that contract that says, if we get the aircraft by this date, we will pay it. If not, we've got the options to do this, this or that. Blowing planes are arriving late, so they had that opt out. But the problem is you may have ordered the four years ago, so you're not going to say we don't want them to get rid of them kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But what happens is they refuse them. Like Boeing's going to care. Don't worry.
Speaker 23: We have seven thousand back order planes. We'll give them to another one quickly. And that's when Boeing and other aircraft manufacturers get paid, not until that aircraft is physically delivered, So you absent of a paint job, although a lot of times the airlines take care of that. Yeah, anybody's going to take that airplane. So there's a long line of eager airlines saying, China, if you don't want them to put we will glad look at.
Speaker 1: Him and go from there.
Speaker 3: And based on our prior conversations, that should have popped into my head because I have already mentioned that there are is a long, long list of planes that are waiting for delivery.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of moving parts here. Cars keep up with it, just.
Speaker 3: The couple and often parts from the don't use parts bend anyhow, we had on hub delays. What's going on out there in the world of air travel today, Jack, A lot of bad.
Speaker 23: Weather, But the only hubs I think are going to be impacted are Dallas to Minnesota. I think Minnesota in Minneapolis is going to probably be the hardest hit of the two.
Speaker 1: But if you're going through either the.
Speaker 23: Delta Hub Dallas Hub for American or Delta Shub in Minneapolis, expect some delays.
Speaker 1: The rest of the country should be in pretty good shape today.
Speaker 3: Always enjoy the conversation, Jay Rath. I've already looking forward to next Thursday. Have a wonderful balance of your week and a great weekend, and we'll get together an eight thirty next Thursday.
Speaker 1: On May first. I believe it's good.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you next month.
Speaker 3: My friend take care man coming up on eight fifty five. If you didn't get a chance, and I'm telling you Todd Zenzer, a citizen Watchdog, get his podcast Citizen Watchdog, former Inspector General for the United States. I mean, the city of Cincinnati, what a clown car. I just I'm just reflecting on everything. He revealed this morning about where their expenditures and their priorities lie. I'm survived this. I'm surprised the city can even survive under its current leadership. If you didn't get a chance to listen that, it's well worth your time. You spend an hour in studio in seven o'clock, So fifty five KRC dot com for that, and of course my conversation with Jay Tomorrow, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and the return of endorsed now by Todd Zenzer Corey Bowman, who probably got a big leg up yesterday considering Cincinnia City Council shot down the hopes and dreams of so many people in Hyde Park. It's amazing. But anyway, that'll be tomorrow. I hope you can tune in for that program. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you Joe Strecker for all that you do for the show. And don't go away. Clenback's up next.
Speaker 2: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. You're moving very quickly at fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored