Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve's Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is June the sixteenth, twenty twenty five. It's Monday in the Louisville area. If you did not know it, it is the beginning of the week. Time to get to work. Phone numbers five zero two, five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two, five seven one seventy nine hundred. It's Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. We've got Shannon behind the glass, of course, he's back from his Friday hiatus with Matt Jones and the boys. And we've got my youngest son on the line, Anthony, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good this morning about yourself.
Speaker 2: Other than my earpod's not working, Anthony, We've got to go to Apple. I'm doing fine. Computers that I just don't get along, thank you, Shannon. Computers that I just don't get along. That's all there is to it, Anthony. So there's nothing new, nothing new at all. But we've got a lot of sports to talk about. But we've got to bring on that other guy, you know, the other guys, George Williams. I want to be nice. It's Monday, ring you. I don't know what that rings for, but he'll let us know. George, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: What's up, Jerry's I'm good, George.
Speaker 1: What's the use stand for?
Speaker 4: It means that every year that I would play basketball organized basketball, I wore I want a championship, no matter what what what it was, I always wanted a champion A won.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I know, Jared, championship.
Speaker 1: Is that right, George?
Speaker 4: Because I've been seven years old and time I quick playing basketball. I want a championship.
Speaker 1: You want championships, George. I just which one in an.
Speaker 4: Ugly tournament, But I want a championship tournament.
Speaker 3: I got you, but I gotta.
Speaker 1: I understand they that's all that matters, George. Anthony. We had a.
Speaker 2: Crazy weekend in sports, guys. This stuff is crazy. Anthony's got all the national news, which is all the news, George. But we've got Louisville baseball. I mean, Arizona looked like the Bad News Bears, George. We watched it then it look like the bad News Bears.
Speaker 1: Georgia.
Speaker 2: Just let you know pressure First Pipes makes diamonds, hey, George makes diamonds, and god, it got the best. It got the best, of the second basement for Arizona, that's for sure, George.
Speaker 1: I felt bad for the boy. Golly, we've got that.
Speaker 2: We've got the Indiana Pacers, George, they had a chance to put a stranglehold on this thing. I told you all, I'm staying with Oka. See I didn't roll over. You'll always say I'm changing license plates. No, I'm not blanded. I stayed with OKC. So now it's too too, George. We're gonna talk about that. Uh, we have got all kind of I mean, George, when you got the basketball game tonight, You've got Murray State.
Speaker 1: Today, we've got Caitlyn Clark. Antony's gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: We've got the College World Series going on, we have the US Open. That just makes no sense. So georgere's what we're gonna do. We truly let Anthony put out the national news.
Speaker 1: Put it all out.
Speaker 2: Then I'll let you select where we go first today, We'll let you select, but we're gonna let Anthony Anthony give it to us. I mean, Caitlyn Clark comes back, George, shooting it from downtown Indy and her return big win. I mean, we just have all kinds of things. So Anthony break it down bit by Hey George, George, I'm gonna this time. I've got to Anthony. Start with Trinity PRP. Oh, what a epic, epic game. Congratulations Trinity, No dark side kids did a great job. I've had more people calling me saying, what are you gonna. I'm gonna say congratulations to the Shamrocks. So start their first Anthony with the national news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Obviously Trinity did win their second state title. If we did PRP in the late eating surge two to one to take home that state championship over this past weekend. So not a highest score of affair, but that does not matter. When you take the trophy home, it doesn't matter what the score is. Obviously, that was a long time since we've had an all Louisville state tournament. Two local teams PRP a little bit on the other side of town, and Trinity right there down in Saint Matthews. So I'm just glad to see two U of L teams in it, two louisll teams, because we never have that. We never get it in basketball. It's about just as hard to get it in football too, So baseball this is a rare commodity for both teams from Louisville to be in the state tournament because in basketball it sure ain't gonna happen for a long time.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that month, that sixty seventh reason Georgia gonna meet right away, So no question continue, We let George select.
Speaker 1: Are you want to just start there at George? You want to start there? Let's start.
Speaker 4: We can start with the PIP story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, guys, epic first time for two Jefferson County schools to be their George first time and great competition. That dang PRP George people. Ever since we all know about the great Bill Miller. I don't know, Anthony, you may not. Let me give you pleasure Rich Parks head a coach at Anthony that was the John Wooden of high school baseball in his area named Bill Miller at PRP Anthony. He retired nineteen. He passed away in twenty one. But and he was the real deal, and Pleasure Ridge Park was the real deal. Now we've got Rick Arnold at Trinity that's doing a fantastic job. He's got multiple Division one baseball players. Notre Dame Louisville. They're going everywhere, George, multiple on that team. So tremendous job by both programs. But what do you think, George, I mean, Trinity twenty one and twenty five second high school baseball championship.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Well, Jered, the head of the score, like Andy talked about it, you know, two one and baseball is an outstanding thing because that shows the talent you have in your pitching. You know, it shows your bull being your pitch staff. That means they really can't pitch on both teams, Jed, because they didn't give up no hits and that tells me that that was an outstanding game and they have outstanding talent and great pitching.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean and last year PRP put Trinity out, George, I mean it was it was there again. Everyone knows I was pulling for PRP. But guys, Trinity's kids, they persevered, they fought through, I mean, Pleasure Ridge took them to the brink. George, extra innings nineteen. I mean, everything that you could see in a classic game happened.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what championship teams do, Jared. They played to the end of the game. And well we're gonna talk about the men But that's why I say with epic games, epics, they play you to the game is over. When ended, then they quit playing. But before that, they played to the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Brad Burns is the head coach at Pleasure Rich Park took over after Bill Miller. Great job again with what you're doing with that program. Do the exact same thing Bill Miller did. That's all I can ask you, Brad. You don't have to win as many games. That's not what I'm saying, But I'm just saying, raise the young men. They love that man. I'm telling you the baseball players at PRP love that man. George, And I've got another tidbit for you all. I'm gonna get Randy Waddell on when I come back from vacation. Randy Waddell, guys, the great basketball score from Pleasure Ridge Park, who played against my brother in the sixties, got me.
Speaker 1: He's gone through issues. He said he'd love to come on. George.
Speaker 2: He said, let me know what I get back from vacation. I couldn't believe when he said he would come on, but we will have Randy Waddell. Anthony went to Alabama. Boy, he gets hordable Anthony he was pistol pete marriage. I'm telling you scoring machine could play. I mean, let me just everybody knows. I'm a brother African American, and so is George and Anthony. Randy Wadell was a playing white boy. Anthony, that boy could play what he could really play. Andy Pinnock's another great player out of that area. But Randy Whdell was the first one went to Alabama. Could really play. So we're gonna get the sports radio, no question. I mean, I was so happy when he sent me that notice. I was like, yes, can't believe. Finally gonna get the Randy Whaddell on. And I used to go watch him play against Carrie, your uncle, who was a really good athlete. And I'm telling you, Randy Whdell gave him the business, George, tell him, tell him about Randy Wada.
Speaker 1: He gave people the business. God, he could score well.
Speaker 4: Team Jed, you brother was also on that team. About on that team. Now, it wasn't like that they were chopped liver.
Speaker 2: They were they were real deal. They were the real deal, George, No, I mean so yes. Congratulations to PRP. Brad Burns continue doing a great job with Arnold Congratulations, Trinity players second high school baseball championship.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Let's go to the next topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, even going farther into it, obviously, we do still have the NBA Finals to night. But I can't skip over that JJ spond win at the US Open yesterday. I think that's one of the biggest topics we got going on. I don't think we've ever seen a US Open with a winner is minus one and everyone else is even.
Speaker 1: Or above are plus.
Speaker 2: Georgia was the hardest tournament my Hey, George made me feel good. It made me feel good. It made them look like me. George, I was happy. People are like you didn't.
Speaker 1: Played Oakmont caliber.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't like George.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear it. It makes pros look like me. George, I felt good. I felt George was plus die and I felt good.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 4: Let's they maybe Frankie and Andy they look like but let's don't get carried away that they look like you. Okay, we can, we can, we can dismiss that all together. Okay, maybe Frankie and Andy they look like which.
Speaker 2: Yes, freaking Andy, they hit it to ninety, they do. But George Williams. I'm telling you they were sculling that ball across the green.
Speaker 4: Just like I start play, went out out in the back yard after the game, didn't you say, I'll make it feel good?
Speaker 2: Yes, makes me feel good. I was like, yes, George, they were trying to hit it out that rough. I'm like, yes, George, they couldn't advance it. Adam Scott hit.
Speaker 1: The ball three feet two feet. It was like, oh, poor Adam.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Yepe, Now this is the truth with the US Open, George, Oh, mine is the toughest venue I think ever. It may be the toughest golf course America. And the conditions with the rain yesterday made a dicey.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal.
Speaker 2: George JJ wins it five out of his first six holes. Yesterday in the final round he bogies. Let me say this.
Speaker 1: To you again, George, Oh, you don't play golf all the time.
Speaker 2: Five out of his first six, they're eighteen holes, he's.
Speaker 1: Bogey and he's won over.
Speaker 2: You want to be under or even No, he bogeyed five out of six and won the tournament first time ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, George, that's how hard this course was.
Speaker 2: He bogies five out of six, puts himself completely out of contention. Next thing you know, we're looking at each other. He hits a sixty foot putt George to win it. I mean that put will be watched for the next fifty years. I'm telling you, you're just crazy. So I mean, just George, when you have my wife, Frank, Anthony and all of us are sitting there watching.
Speaker 1: Every stroke, every but every chip.
Speaker 2: Then we went to the Louisville game and watched the milk down. Hey, George, that was unreal.
Speaker 4: That was had no chance yet in the world. The boy they were playing defense they would catch. I mean it was I mean, I said, Lola, don't have a chance. The dude cut that one off. The snow cone wrapped the tip of the glove. Yeah, they would get you. All kind of thing there, George, We'll go home.
Speaker 2: Hey George, pressure, I mean people, it burst pipes, makes diamonds. My dad always to tell me both. He says, which one are you gonna be? It either gonna burst your pipes or it's gonna make a diamond. Pressure does both. You have to decide what you do with it. On the George, I'll never forget it. What are you gonna do with it? So, George, I'll never forget U c l a first half, Georgia, don't never evaluate anybody else when you're a decent player, you really don't.
Speaker 1: I was, George. I thought I was the only player on the floor playing bad.
Speaker 2: But I talked to Rock Chris on the show a couple weeks he knew he played like oh in the first we were all sitting in there going, I'm just like, I hope then he starts me he's got to give me.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you a funny story about Rodney when he was a place for Jorge. We were talking about it. You know, Ridney hit the free throws late and he said that. Then then he's standing up holland miss it, miss it, And you know Ridney's hearing him screaming that bad time that and Ronnie told me to George, I had won two championships at that time. I'm trying to figure out why they're so excited, he said, because I think we had the truck of one. He said, he goes up and he hits the street throws and stuff. Every bad it gets all excited.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 4: He goes in the locker room that they had to run in the locker room again, say he had his uh uh uh done, took it, taking his clothes off. He said, I expect it was gonna win. I don't know why bad was so excited about us winning this thing. Yeah, I come back back in the locker room. He said, Hell on the sweatpants and now signs up. JA.
Speaker 1: That's right, just went to lockerow. George.
Speaker 2: I just knew that that first half pressure, it was bursting in a pipe. I said, I can't survive that second half, Georgia. I had to go to work. It was like, this is which one. Everybody needs to know which one is gonna be. It's a choice. Pressure affects people. You have to choose how it's gonna affect you.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 4: It is a choice, you know, Jerry. I find it's so amazing when I watch game now, when I hear people look at a ten point lead, a twelve point lead and think the game is over with you know what I mean. I always tell people, give me the lead in the second half, and you can beat me as much as you want to in the first I just want that lead in the second half, and I do not end until you play in the second half. So many people get cowboy ann anthem. Well they have such a traumatic lead, they have such a great lead, they're gonna blomp. No, sir, to the second half when you have to close out.
Speaker 2: That's the game out, George, when you have cream rises tiant. I mean, I'm just being honest with you. Now you have to step up to the plate and get it done.
Speaker 1: So guys on it.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to do. We're already I mean, godly, it's already seven something, George. I don't even know what time it is. George is seven twenty one. So we've got Bubba on the line. We're gonna get the Bubba before we go there. What is everybody your man?
Speaker 1: George? And everybody can't be George's man.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bubba, tell him you not, Bubba, testify, Bubba, tell me, Buba. Let you know when you get on the show, Jerviy.
Speaker 1: Buba tell him. Oh, yes, you're on, Bubba.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, George is me.
Speaker 1: We're buddies.
Speaker 5: Man. Oh god, I like I like winners, you know, George like Brandy, I like trendy. You know, everybody likes winners. So winterers stick together.
Speaker 4: You, Bubba.
Speaker 3: I gave you credit.
Speaker 1: Bubba, I did have to go through this. I gave him credit. Just played well, congratulations.
Speaker 4: You gotta go.
Speaker 1: You gotta go through this, Baba. You feeling good about that? That hurts you?
Speaker 4: That hurts you. George, go ahead, Bubba.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to tell him, George, that's your show. But come on, uh on Father's Day, about with the team said happy followers day from Triny's state championship in baseball. But that getting all seriousness that that was the hell of a baseball game. It was when the excident is nothing to nothing. Uh p RP goes up one to nothing, Uh Turney's down to their last out and the kid Jack's won out. I mean, oh wow, I tot ties the ball game up and then uh you know, uh Trendy gets you know, kid hits, gets the base hit and wins the game for him. The kids going the kid I forget horrible with names, but the kid had got the base hit to win the game, was going, He's going to Notre Dame want to college. Yeah so so, but uh, you know you you you know, you got to give a p r P kids credit. I mean that kid threw his butt off, and uh, you know he threw I think you know he went he went nine innings and you know, Uh, it's just one of those things, right, and and and Rick, I've known Rick since he was in the fifth grade. That guy has done a tremendous job with the baseball program.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: They've got a.
Speaker 3: Pretty nice facility over there.
Speaker 5: They just got a new uh indoor baseball hitting facility.
Speaker 4: But uh, but no, it was it was a heck of a baseball game.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one of those you know, somebody's got to lose, and I'm just glad that our guys come out on top. And you can't, you can't, you can't give credit a little bit of credit to p r P or a whole lot of credit to those guys.
Speaker 1: Right the player.
Speaker 2: You're talking about, Judge, so Will and just the player's name is Caleb Rix. He's the one going to be day delivered the last bit of drama. Go ahead, George, Yeah, I was the.
Speaker 4: Last about the pitches level were they've seen. As I was in the classmen, I think.
Speaker 1: The the.
Speaker 5: Kid they pitched in the state the finals was a sophomore and if I if I could be wrong, I could be wrong, but he's like twenty and oh at Trinity, I could see what. I don't think he's lost the game. And this kid, I mean, they had six seniors and I think three of them were in the starting lineup, so they've got a lot of guys coming back to so uh, they're they're going to be competitive. And you know, they've got a nice facility over there now and I don't know if you've seen it, but it's all turf and it's just a pretty nice place. And but again, Rick Arnold has done a hell of a job and and he's gonna keep rolling. But you know the thing of it is, Jerry, we just won baseball and we're well, what all six seven weeks away from football season.
Speaker 1: Don't get cad.
Speaker 3: You're really gonna get your feelings hurt.
Speaker 1: Now get tear it away. I'm taking my bruins.
Speaker 2: Don't get carried away. I'm giving you your credit. See that's why I have a hard time with this. George and Anthony number one ranked Trinity thirty eight and three, finishes it season with a twenty two game winning streak and captured its second state tournament, The Shamrocks first tournament title came in twenty twenty one. Ric Arnald Congratulations kids, Congratulations Bubba, George, No, congratulations to you.
Speaker 4: I'm just can't do it, bub Bubba. Congratulations from Jerry E Sports Show, Me and and Regulations.
Speaker 5: All right, buddy, I'll talk to you guys later the corner.
Speaker 1: It is Bud Kickens coming to Trinity Sports Radio. Why are you laughing? George with you?
Speaker 4: If you say this every year, Jary, but you just say this every I just think it's coming to look your uh humorous.
Speaker 2: Now hold up, George, I nipped at least I have nipped mail once. Trinity's next next. At least I nipped mail once.
Speaker 4: And we're not talking about We're not talking about mail.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I know you may be a look confused and sometime I got you yesterday, but we're talking about twenty at this point.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I'm throwing that out to run.
Speaker 4: I love Tripp.
Speaker 1: Hey, I stung.
Speaker 2: I stung the bulldogs, So you got something. I love throwing out jabs, right, just like jabbing. It's the sports radio Anthony. When we come, you give us some more national news. Oh numbers five zero, two, five seven, one, seventy nine hundred we'll talk to you in a minute.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Sports Radio seven thirty two. It's Monday morning. Get up and get moving.
Speaker 2: I've got Anthony Eves, I've got George Williams, I've got Shannon behind the gone, asking the courts, the brands. We're gonna let you on here. Dan McDonald's great comeback win. Then we'll throw it back to.
Speaker 1: Anthony to finish with our national news playing for Shannon. Now, we know we need to do what we're here. Now, we got a real idea.
Speaker 2: What wins out in Omaha, right, What wins is moving the baseball, what wind's been tough in the batter's box.
Speaker 1: What wins is pounding us all and making plays. Let's keep that going, right. The shirt he's gonna go to Commie, You neighbor.
Speaker 3: We didn't got to give a shirt out on mother's dad, and that's a tradition in this program.
Speaker 4: So we're giving this shirt out our father's day. Yeah, so the shirt goes to Comay's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, after happen lasting, please we wo no hard better than most.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we can handle hard better than most.
Speaker 4: So don't panic.
Speaker 1: We've been there. Just keep playing the game. How tough the player two million.
Speaker 2: Thank you Shannon, George. Anthony, what do you think, Anthony, what do you think of coach McDonald? As you well know, we watched that ninth inning unfold. I'm sitting here seeing that the coach McDonald had to get after his team Georgia in the fifth and sixth inning.
Speaker 1: Annie, what do you think of the comeback yesterday?
Speaker 3: You know, I think I think a lot of it had to do a little bit with the surge of Louisville in the momentum, but also Arizona kind of handed it to him a little bit too. I won't say that much, you know, I want to get I'm giving my cards credit. At the same time, they had three unforced errors in the ninth inning. Obviously the bibble on the first one for the shortstop, the mishandled play on the second one to give him the shortstop. The outfielders not fielding a blooper that was a pop up easily routine out didn't feel that one correctly. The pitching was struggling. It was subpar for them in the ninth inning. They gave up like seven hits in the ninth inning six runs in total, so it was they fell apart from top to bottom. It wasn't just one person out there that just couldn't get the job done. The building wasn't good, the pitching wasn't good.
Speaker 1: U Bel's hitting was.
Speaker 3: Spot on the money, perfect hits on point across the board from everyone that battered. So you know, all the stars aligned perfectly and it turned in from we're down three to two to look like a blowout win.
Speaker 1: Yes, was the win.
Speaker 2: George, what do you think? I mean, you watched it. I'm not gonna see bad news bears, but it looked like the bad news bears.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you thought?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you know, and playing in championship games. Jerry and we talked about that a moment ago, about closing it out. You know, Jerry, you've been there before. You get in that that last inding, you get in that one point three point the leader made the five point league, and it's about two minutes ago. You start dreaming, you start thinking about you man won the championship. And when you take your mind off the mission, you have bad things to happen to you when you don't play like coaches saying. People think that this coach is when they say play to the end of the game, played to the third out, play to the horn blows, Jered. That really meaning something. If you take your eyes off and you're playing two great teams, want the team will come back and nip you. And that's what happened. It looked like that they just lost the concentration for a second and you had two outstanding teams performing and the best team won.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, George, were watching it and we see the ground ball, a rooutine ground ball, George. And when the young kid bobbles it, I turned to everybody at the table said that's the turnover. That's the era that gets a team going. Didn't Anthony, I said, that's just the play. And next thing we know, George, they look like they were third graders just starting to play baseball. It was like what happened to Arizona? Pressure George, pressure Berry.
Speaker 4: You know yourself, Jeded. You heard you don't give a great team life, you give a great play. Like you said, you've seen that one turnover, like when louisvill was in the early inning and they tried to get that double player and stuck in the gas glove. That's all they take there, just one bobble in great games. People don't know how tight it is when you plan to outstanding teams and neither one of them wants to give up anything. Just one mistake can cast you everything.
Speaker 1: It was winner go Home, Anthony. You could see it because it was both teams. You had to win to stay, and it means a lot. It just changes the game.
Speaker 2: People don't know the NCAA tournament baseball tournament. When it's one and done, it's different than a regular season game.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: People don't understand the odds, the pressure, the anticipation and just knowing that you could be the goat, George, knowing that you could be the person Freddie Brown Georgetown who turns it over and makes Michael Jordan and he row. Freddie Brown wouldn't know that name like Mike even knows Freddy Browny was even born. You understand what I'm saying. When you make a big mistake in a pressure pack game, it stays with you forever.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 4: For about Michael Good, the national prominence Jarre, you didn't know who he was, but we didn't know him like yet, but he made that play. After that, everybody knew his name.
Speaker 2: So yes, I mean congratulations again now Anthony, who is Louisville. We know we've got Murray State. What's going on with Murray State lost at the hard fought game? We know the UCLA. Who does Murray State play today?
Speaker 1: Anthony?
Speaker 3: So today Murray State will be playing the number three ranked Arkansas. They'll be playing at two o'clock on ESPN and ESPN Plus. Well, then they have a following game later on. It'll be u C l A the fifteen C versus the number six ring LSU Tigers at seven pm on ESPN and ESPN Plus as well. Uf L won't play again until Tuesday. They'll actually play Oregon State. Oregon State did beat Coaster Carolina they yep, so they'll be playing them Tuesday at two pm. Will be their next game for you with.
Speaker 1: The Cardinals rematch George rematch.
Speaker 4: It's funny how this goes shows you what rest to do for you too, Jed in two days off and you look at like, what they gotta come back and play tomorrow, and then they played it. Let's say night. You know, you have to have a pitching stap, Jed. To be able to do something like that, you do, You're you're.
Speaker 2: Really Pitching's key, really is. So congratulations to coach McDonald's team.
Speaker 4: Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Try again, they must win, they go home.
Speaker 3: And a correction on correction on that score. Coastal Carolina actually beat Oregon State six to two. So U and Order State are playing in the elimination game. Power Coast Carolina one Coastal.
Speaker 1: Hey, George, that damn Coastal's real that program.
Speaker 3: You're three in a row, three in a row, Gosh, Coast is really good.
Speaker 2: So thank you for that correction, Anthony. So let's again, we've got a lot to watch. Let's make sure we watch those games today. Murray State of course, pulling for Murray's sake. Let's make sure we watch them. That's poor for them. And we'll watch University of a little bit tomorrow. O. Best of luck to damn McDonald's team. So, George, just again, now that we know louis One must win, that's all. Louisville must win, George. If they lose him, that's.
Speaker 1: All there is to it.
Speaker 4: He's a team. He's a team. J Yes, didn't winning the home baby winning a home Yeah, but I got to break it out for what you have, George, break you young man, that say next, mister Johnson. Okay, Jerry, he will not be playing basketball in Jeffson County and then you know, doing for your talent to Utah to a prep school. He spoke, he spoke yesterday at the dirt boat and let us know that he will be taking the talent the h after Utahn Prep School. Yeah, thank.
Speaker 1: Job with him. I hate that. I hate that after you see it all the time, but I hate it.
Speaker 3: I told you, oh, man, if.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know it, very good player for Saint Xavier.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can play outstanding six' five and a, half multi skilled if he works on his jump shot, More, anthony like you, said he's got a chance to be a high major and he's Leaving Sant.
Speaker 1: XAVIER i hate. That. COACH i, mean, Honestly coach conn does a great job with that.
Speaker 2: TEAM i went to their, Practice, george he's no. NONSENSE i, mean those kids. IMPROVED i hate. THAT i, Mean, george you know, what in today's, era they may not have been a ballid high. School Jeff lamp And Lee raker may have. Left jerry's would have never. Left my, DAD i would. Leave you must be crazy if someone had told my, dad you see your kids gotta go To.
Speaker 1: Utah he and have, said are you? Nuts?
Speaker 4: George AND i don't know much About, utah but and maybe you can elaborate on. This what about the prep school situation In? Utah do they produce that kind of? Talent i've watched a lot of the prep school. GAMES i don't see many teams to come out Of utah being a prominent. Team on the prep school situation Is.
Speaker 3: Utah has had a Couple they've had a. Couple they have a couple of prep schools that are kind of the higher top. Tier so obviously A. J devisnia that's going to b Y u actually came out Of Utah, preps so he went there as. WELL i don't know if he's going To Utah. Prep But utah has kind of been on the.
Speaker 4: RISE i know where you're. Going IF i heard the, name but that wasn't the.
Speaker 3: Name, NO i didn't think he was going. There H, NO i Mean utah's it's been it's been growing for the prep schools over the last couple of. YEARS i don't know what's going, on you. SAW i don't want to sit there and throw stuff out there BECAUSE i don't know IF i don't, know maybe there's there's money on the, table or you, know they're getting the money under the table to go to these prep, schools which THEY i wouldn't be surprised because, realistically even from someone From, kentucky it's not the most glad state on the. Planet but to fly halfway across The midwest to go play school In. Utah out of all prep schools that we, have even on The East, coast from Img Montvert, academy you Got La lumiere right up In. Indy pretty, much there's you're skipping hundreds of prep schools Between New, York, Florida North carolina all the way Through texas to go play In. Utah you, know it's just Even Combine academy is out. Here there's tons of schools out here that are great prep schools that he's just kind of flying over to be, Like i'm going To. Utah it doesn't necessarily add up to. Me for For aja that lives out, there it made more sense because he's going TO. Byu but NOW i want.
Speaker 2: To make sure hold Of judge BECAUSE i don't want to THROW i did it not. YOU i don't want to throw young man under the.
Speaker 1: Bus or the family under the. Bus i'm just saying for.
Speaker 2: Myself Jerry Eves ballad high school state, champion great.
Speaker 1: Players there was no reason to Leave Errol, Griffith.
Speaker 2: Bobby, Turnman Wesley, Cox Rick, Willson Jack, Gibbons Dirk, Menifield Melvin. Turfin, YEAH i Mean Dave, Cowens Butcher. Beard what's, Sunset? Georgia, never there was no. REASON i told you what?
Speaker 1: ABOUT i told you, Exactly, shepherd.
Speaker 3: Exactly that's the. Thing this is something THAT i REMEMBER i even told you. About they don't recruit In kentucky anymore outside of you, know a couple of kids at the county schools and the ones that the ones that went To kentucky were one was mister, basketball the other one was a runner. Up and they averaged thirty a game at county. Schools, realistic and it's. Crazy you can average thirty in the six or seventh region and you won't get recruited the. SAME i don't understand. It you don't get. Recruited you don't get RECRUITED a LITTLE i play basketball, here you don't get.
Speaker 1: Recruited, like what do you, Think? GEORGE i disagree with.
Speaker 4: You and then when he named the list of schools to get the Name. Michigan he named off about five of the schools and they're all on The east coast that were recruiting. Him and SO i do think you can get recruited In kentucky if you're a standout. PLAYER i think if you, DON'T i don't agree with. That but here's.
Speaker 2: Hod, up and here's the. Deal you Have russell who left, you who's a pro and he was a pro here In. Louisville he didn't go to the prep school on pro and prep school stole him because he was a. Pro, Yeah Rajel, rondo he was a pro At. Eastern he just went to a prep schools last. Year the prep school didn't make. Him what made him is The louisville area. Competition they just steal him at the, End, anthony not at the. Beginning so they're still recruiting the.
Speaker 1: Area it's you.
Speaker 3: Named two players in the last twenty five.
Speaker 1: Years but NOW i will Say i'll just cut.
Speaker 4: OFF i couldn't hold.
Speaker 1: Up, yes hold up, Now, george and we're gonna. Go we're gonna go to break come back from.
Speaker 2: This what we're saying to, You anthony IS i will say this the list of NAMES i gave. You no the level of, competition the level of. Players they're good. Players but the PLAYERS i, Named anthony were first round THE Nba draft pigs no matter where they went to school got Me west until Was rookie The year IN. Mvp first Year Daryl griffith was the best player in the. Country i'm naming Players anthony that went to colleges high. Major Rudy macklin is the six league SCORE lsu. History that's not coming out Of. Louisville, Now i'm just being straight with. You that's not that you said they're good players coming, out but not that, Level, Anthony just being.
Speaker 1: Straight not club go, Ahead.
Speaker 4: George not the, bread not the. Talk but you, know and now we'll talk about you training. HIM i trained Mister Derek. Anster my. Nephew jeremy not only didn't go to a he didn't go to a prep. School he didn't think about leaving The. States now did he go to a basketball camp to be? Rank he just went straight from high, school straight to, college straight to the pros one, championship won a, Championship so, no you don't have and he never went to one. Camp recurrent.
Speaker 3: Anymore, Lord so we all get the break because in the eighties and. Nineties but here's the, Problem.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the.
Speaker 2: Question here's the. Question you're gonna have To i'm gonna give you a chance to think about. It you're gonna have to come back from break and tell us the kids that went that left are that the kids that were here that when they went to college played at the. Level, Again, GUYS i always tell, everybody we give people a hard time to win, championships but the win championships can't take that.
Speaker 1: Away SO i want you to think about the.
Speaker 2: Players you're talking about your Last you've been here ten, Years, anthony think about it when we come back from, break players the last ten, years numerous, players because THEN i can name it six pros in two years here In louisville WHEN i came out of. SCHOOL i want you to name them to us and say they left and went. Pro and Then i'll say maybe. So but if you, can What i'm gonna tell you is the level of competition isn't as.
Speaker 1: Good it's the sports radio we're gonna be back, With. Anthony you got a chance to.
Speaker 2: Research it after the. Break welcome back to The Sports. Radio it's seven point fifty. One if you need to be at work at eight, o'clock get. There we've Got Anthony, Eves we've Got George. Williams we've got sharing behind the.
Speaker 1: Glass. Anthony i'm throwing it to. You the stage is. Yours george AND i have our.
Speaker 2: Opinion we want you to explain your opinion why they don't why they're missing the pro players THAT i named.
Speaker 1: You it stage is. Yours convince us the.
Speaker 3: Recruiting, NOW i will say this much in two. Things, one DO i think the players that played earlier in your time during the, period were they better than the current players that come in Ot? Kentucky, now, yes by, FAR i won't sit here and agree with. That the players that came out to have THREE nba players that won public school alone is better than What kentucky's had the last ten fifteen. Years and that's a. Fact that's the, fact even from from FROM Balli Central High, School Shawnie, westfield those players alone would beat the players we put together since two. Thousand, now the players that have came out since two thousand that ARE u OF l, players most of them never finished their. Career, sure but there's not. Many in, general there's only a. Few and the few that are even in, there only one or two of them are really. Solidified the other one are still half of them are in THE G league are trying to straight. By so the ones that are solidified ARE. Pj, Washington, Okay, okay D'Angelo russell.
Speaker 4: And that's.
Speaker 3: It now you Have David johnson that's in. There still you still have Race fault and that kind of bounces in and. Out Reed, shepherd who's just who just came in there his first. Year, yes and then you have the J, Strubb Jay scrub And Kaitland martin that have been going back and forth from THE nba to The Developmental.
Speaker 1: League but that's not right their hood.
Speaker 2: Event And i'm gonna argue with, You, Hey, GEORGE i don't know How scruggs is not in the.
Speaker 1: League i'm gonna Give andy some. Credit, Now scruggs can. PLAY i didn't.
Speaker 2: Understand i've seen him In Las vegas three years in a, Row. George he Dominates, vegas but he doesn't ever get caught.
Speaker 1: Up now that's a.
Speaker 2: Fact i'm gonna give any credit on that. One you, Know, george you know What i'm talking about From trinity.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: Judge you you know the reason why he's not getting standing up At. Judge he's not got the. Reputation and he puts butts in the. Seat it's all about putting butts in the fleet and who's the next great. Player he just gets caught by he's getting caught in the numbers, Game. Judge he's kind as a.
Speaker 1: Rookie but he's got the.
Speaker 4: Contract so that's What Hudson. Jude his contract is With, hudson so and he sets behind the great. Players and every year you know they're bringing another play, up and they got to keep. Him he can't keep.
Speaker 1: You, yeah but that kid can. PLAY i mean he really.
Speaker 2: CAN'T i Like David, johnson But scruggs is a better, athlete better. Player i've seen him play In, Vegas. George he's a. MONSTER i, Mean, anthony you said with, Us i'm about front. Row i'll watch that kid get Thirty and is that right or? Wrong have we seen him do thirty in the Summer league on people, Easy. Georgia, no that's, true and then that's that's your.
Speaker 4: Name but but you say that who goes behind your name will get you brought up in the. League, yeah.
Speaker 1: Four, yeah he's even but you're.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah but even the guys THAT i, named even if they left out of the, state even their last year or two, years even if they would have stayed in the, state they'd only be like. Five you had five within just your senior year almost you, know within within your within your your your high school, career you had more than five from one.
Speaker 2: School, Yeah, No, anthon in my three year, Career, george we had in this in the city Of livine And, Lexington anthony ten. Pros i'm talking ABOUT nba twenty three, teams twelve players on the, team dang thirty eighteen man traveling Roster Developmental. League i'm talking about twenty three, teams twelve on a.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 3: Georgian it was you're, right AND i got the lift pulled up right, now there's one hundred and twenty one players that went to THE nba from the state Of. Kentucky only five of them are even currently playing right, now obviously because of the time. Frame but even, then everyone before then is pretty much almost before you, know two, thousand except for you, Know Rajon, Rondo Darius, miller and you Know Shelvin. Mack but those, guys they didn't fish their careers. Here but at the same, time, yes those were all good. PLAYERS i think they still went to THE nba regards that they stayed here or, left but it's hard to compare it against the competition. Level if they're.
Speaker 1: Playing against nobody's no.
Speaker 3: Offense that's really what happened To the go to prep schools is to develop and get ready for the next. Level Fee rondo would have averaged forty a game In Eastern high school because he's playing a bunch OF jv and walk on.
Speaker 1: Players so they go to prep schools to go, ahead go.
Speaker 4: AHEAD i think talent stands out judged when you see. Talent as a, coach you've recruited. Before you've been to some small, town some small, schools and some small places and see some outstanding ball. Players it doesn't matter how you, score it's if you have athletic a building can you? DO i see that this kid's gonna progress to be an outstanding ball. Player right, now he's a real good ball, player BUT i project this guy to be as better as Anybody i've ever seen in the. Country that's where you recruited. Kids you look at what his potential is that's What that's what THE nba always. Say we recruit on. Potential so a kid looks like he's gonna be outstanding at the average forty, here probably average twenty five in. College SO i.
Speaker 3: Think THE nba roots they recruit off of college. Potential my high school college a big. Difference potential recruits offers can you come in and be an impact player unless you're going to a low level or mid major.
Speaker 4: School they go to a powerful work when they want you to come in and put in.
Speaker 3: Numbers you're not going To kentucky to be like he might give us four points a. Game, no You're John, Wall Anthony, Davis julius random To Marcus. Cousins there respaces you to come in and be. Productive, TRUE i GUESS i think you're.
Speaker 1: Both saying the same. THING i do think you're saying the same. Thing go, Ahead.
Speaker 4: George, NO i agree with with.
Speaker 2: You but LIKE i, said but you have thirty, seconds you, guys we have thirty. Seconds, yes, no, no, no you know we're gonna finish this On. Friday AND i really do think that you are kind of saying the same.
Speaker 4: Thing but.
Speaker 1: He did give us credit and you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Right if you look from two thousand and, down you're gonna see so many players from the state Of.
Speaker 1: Kentucky it's. Crazy we need to get it, Back.
Speaker 2: George we need to make to where the young kids want to stay and the state Of kentucky is what it used to.
Speaker 1: Be we'll talk about it when you come back From get a, Quick.
Speaker 4: GEORGE a lot of THES i go into prep school because plants believe that that makes. Them, yes it's. Not because a lot of these young people want to leave their. Team i've got a lot to do with what they leave.
Speaker 1: IT i agree With. GEORGIE i agree with. That Eastwards, Radio we're, out great chow talk you all. Tomorrow bye, bye