Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Ray.
Speaker 2: I'MBZ Kuston's video welcome back everybody, and making their first appearance of twenty twenty five here on Nightside.
Speaker 3: It's been a while, gentlemen, Larry and Scott Rubinstein. Hey, gentlemen, how are you?
Speaker 4: Hi? Dam doing great?
Speaker 3: Boy? The winter kind of flew here, you know, I guess the last time you graced our airways. And Scott, welcome to you, my friend as well.
Speaker 5: Big you.
Speaker 6: S good to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, I hope everyone is well and all of that. And we're gonna we're gonna talk cars. I'm kind of pinning tonight to May first. I mean, it was a beautiful day today. I think we're safe. We can put this. Can we take the snow tires off? Is that are the chains? I don't know if anybody use the chains of snow tires anymore, but probably some people do, right.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't a while. Many years ago, on Mother's Day we did get whack. I don't know whether you remember that or not.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sir, we got several inches of snow on that day.
Speaker 3: Oh, I covered that storm nineteen seventy seven, Yes, sir, I remembered very well. I mean it was like eight to ten inches of snow. This was not like cover the grass. This was a real snowstorm. Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Yes. Now, please don't tell me that you were the guy outside doing the live shot. Were you?
Speaker 3: No, I was at that point though I had not taken over. I took over from Shelby Scott when Shelby retired in March of nineteen ninety six and went to the mornings, and that's when I did all of those morning live shots, and I did a lot of live shots, snow live shots. It were kind of fun. I don't think so, because I think this by time the sun came up, the snow pretty much had stopped. It was beautiful and there were a lot of the trees that had already blossomed or bloomed or whatever the term is. And there were a lot of trees that that lost limbs. It was. It was a big It was a big snowstorm. So I know I was out in it. I don't know. I remember I was in Natick is where I was, And yeah, I hadn't spent much time in Natick at that point in my life. But I eventually would spend a lot of time in Natick, so it was one of my first first exposures to Natick. So so I think when you look at the weather forecast tonight, we're in the clear. I'm ready to make that announcement.
Speaker 4: I have to agree with you mother nts it can't be tricky. But I don't think she's gonna pull the same trick twice in the same century. Well, this is a different century. Maybe all that.
Speaker 3: We'll worry about that later.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was slightly take on that. I think we're definitely clear of the snow. We're definitely out of that. We don't have to worry about that. If you haven't looked at the forecast to the upcoming five six days right into midwek next week, we are going to be seeing a locked lot of rain coming up. So we may think that it's safe that we don't have great tires on our vehicle, and you know we need the traction for snow, but remember those tires are wearing down and we don't have good treads that we can't push that water out of the treads in the side. We've lost our water sites. So it's just an important winter time we've got to have good tires coming up that and wiper blades, spring showers.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, absolutely, let's talk. Let's talk about everybody, I hope knows to what level their tires should be inflated. But with the return of warmer weather eventually does that affect the how much your tires are either inflated or deflated? And does it make it should you should you back off a little bit?
Speaker 5: Everybody in New England should know this. Everybody in New English should know this because we're all patriots fins and how can we ever, they'll never let us forget to flate gate Okay in the ideal guest law and how pressure changes with temperature. So now those tires that you had said at two at thirty two pounds of pressure when it was back around ten degrees, well now it's you know, fifty sixty degrees out there. That thirty two is now registering thirty six thirty eight when it's cold. So now as you start to drive the car, they got to continue to inflate because the temperature's gone up on the tire, the pressure keeps raising and all of a sudden, those tires that were running thirty two or thirty six at full heat, are now running forty two forty four pounds, which is fine because yes, you'll get a little bit better fuel mileage because it's less rolling resistance. However, now you've started to make the tire almost an oval, you're not, and you can actually cause additional center wear and a tire versus a full path pattern across. So yes, it's just as important just to adjust them and the winter as it is to adjust them in the spring and summer.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what is the adjustment you got to You gotta take some airry.
Speaker 5: You don't want to go down. You're gonna want to go down. And the best things for people to do is before they get up on you know, on a Saturday morning, before you go anywhere, check that doorsticker and see what your pressures are recommended. And you'll notice it says cold whatever. Whenever you look at a car tire pressure that's indicated on the door or door frame, it'll tell you what that pressure is supposed to be. Cold. So you want to do that before you go on a you know, twenty thirty mile drive and get those tires heated. So if you set amend when the vehicle cools back down. Now they're going to be too low, So that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, And of course also you got to make sure that all of the fluids in the car. I mean, you winch your wipe or fluid. You probably used it a lot during the wintertime. You can top it off. You don't have to use the winter mix. So there's a lot of things that can be done. And I know people have a lot of questions, so we're going to do gentlemen as just having started off with that, let's take a break. We have the benefit of the knowledge of Larry and Scott Rubinstein combined their time dealing with cars. I'm not even going to estimate it, but it's it's a lot and there's virtually no question. You'll be able to ask if you're thinking about buying a car or thinking about selling a car, any questions that you have. If you want to know about the value of a car, that's fine too. And if you've had problems, they have solutions very rarely. They never stopped. Let's put it like that, So whatever question you have about your car six one seven, four thirty nine, we will get it going. With Larry that Scott Rubinstein and your phone calls right after the break coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, gentlemen, let's start it off here for going to first, go to the cape. Larry is down in Dennisport. Larry, you are next. Are your first this hour actually with the WZ car guys, Larry and Scott Rubinstein. Go right ahead, Larry.
Speaker 7: Larry and Scott you might remember me. We did a little business when you had your shop on Route one. I used to own State Auto Spring down in Everett, and you bought a spring or two from me.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, an old colleague is joining us tonight. Correct, Go right ahead, guys.
Speaker 7: So this is an EV question. I'm still old school. I drive cause at ten years old. But back a while, a while, I don't remember how long ago. Dan had Ernie Bock Junior as a guest in one of his segments, and he said that evs are really not the cow of the future. He thinks that it's hydrogen. So I've been out of the business for so long, So what are your thoughts on Is that something that could positively be developed in the near future?
Speaker 5: This is something that Dad and I talk about all the time. And I happen to work for Foster Motors, which is the number proud to say that slants Dodge cheap dealership. In New England, we saw a ton of evs and I will tell you I hate the technology. I think that for the money that it costs you after it to purchase an EV, I don't think it's worth its value. I don't think the technology is to where it needs to be for the extra price they judge for it. Dad has been a proponent for hydrogen technology for years. I will went on that because I was never riding on the EV. I brean uh and I looked hydrogen as well. In Fyota, I know has done a lot of development with it. They've got some race vehicles out there. I think they do or have or in the mix of just getting the first ones out there. Huge it's great for the environment. The only byproduct of it is water, and I think I think catrogen is the future. I don't think it's what the government wants it to be. I don't think the government wants it to be the future, but I think it's what the consumer needs for the future.
Speaker 3: So how do I'm totally I've lost here. So one of you can explain to me how do how do you run a car on hydrogen? I mean help me out here. If you pull up to some pump and you pump hydrogen in your guests tank.
Speaker 5: Correct, correct, just like just like you would develop a gasoline.
Speaker 4: Come on, but but hydrogen is actually out on the West Coast. They have developed a hydrogen highway where there are hydrogen filled stations. And the beauty of it is is that what comes out of your tailpipe is water. Only get that these and this is where Ernie back and I agree one hundred the evs are only a stepping stone. That's all they are to get us to the hydrogen. And if they can make it safe, which is where the problem is, this is where the future is going to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm trying to understand this hydrogen I think of as a gas, right.
Speaker 5: It is, but it's not a.
Speaker 4: Bottle.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's not a is it not? It's not in liquid form? Is it? Is it liquid hydrogen? Oh?
Speaker 4: It's a gas.
Speaker 3: Okay. So so you pull up to a station, which is you know, when we pump gas, it's liquid so you're just pumping hydrogen air into your into your tank? Is that the deal?
Speaker 5: No, no different than when you go to mean filling station.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, okay, fair enough? Uh? And then how long do you get with hydrogen? Let's let's put aside the danger for a second. How long I know that when I fill my car with gas, I can probably you know, drive I don't know three hundred four hundred miles. I don't do that. I but once I get down to a third of a tank, I'm looking for a gas station. But how long? How much mileage do you get from hydrogen on a car?
Speaker 5: It's the same tank like a fuel tank. I'm sorry to go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's it's so futuristic that they really don't have a number yet then, and it's very simply it depends on the side of the tank that's in the vehicle that you are driving. If they have a tank that's let's say, six foot long, like the battery assemblies are now one cars, they can put a whole lot more hydrogen into that car. If you have a smaller car, like a three wheel cop for instance, you know, something silly and stupid like like that, then of course it's gonna be a much much smaller car. It is much safer for the atmosphere than what comes out of the tailpipes. Now, what we've done with that tailpipe emissions is great. The cafe has gone higher and higher. As a matter of fact, at the UH at theh AT briefing yesterday where Trump met with his cabinet members, they had discussed that the cafe is going to be brought down, the cafe stance for ser fire the average fuel economy, and that's going to reduce the price of the cars a little bit more. And Lord knows we need that because the technology does not have to be as strict, and the engines can be relaxed a little bit because they are allowed to burn some emissions. And you're going to have emissions whenever you have a gasoline engine or any kind of an engine that uses fossil fuel. Okay, so we understand gasline brought down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, we understand gasoline. Gasoline has been around for a long time. We know that hybrid vehicles are out there, We know that evs are out there, and we know the pluses and the minuses. How far are we away from actually buying a car that is hydrogen fueled, and is you know, on the road not just in the testing case?
Speaker 5: Five years?
Speaker 3: Five years? Okay, fair enough, Larry, Larry, Dennisport. Did you have a follow up question on anything.
Speaker 7: No, that was my last question of how far away you thinking?
Speaker 4: This is?
Speaker 7: Five years?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: That sounds good. Appreciate the call. Nice to talk to you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we're that close.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: Thanks Larry and Dennis plot Scott, your your phone's breaking us up on us a little bit. I'm gonna have Rob all right, No, no, I'm gonna I don't know if you're not in a moving vehicle, I'm sure, but I'm gonna have Rob try to try to get you closer, maybe to a window or something. I just want to make sure that everything is fine. So we're going to take a very quick break here we're talking with the WBZ car guys. I just learned a lot about hydrogen. Hi, it sounded to me so futuristic. I did recently. Actually it was last last year I drove I Rode, I should say, in one of those auto automatic cars in San Francisco, which was a very weird feeling sitting in the backseat, knowing that there was no one driving the car. It was being you're driven remotely. But I got used to it, and you know, you just watched it was like there was a ghost turning turning the wheel of the car. So there's a lot of changes coming. And uh, and I.
Speaker 4: Have either of you.
Speaker 3: Have either of you experienced that one of one of those cars, especially on the West.
Speaker 5: Coast right right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I you know what I I would be holding on to the door handle for my dear life is I'd like to at least have somebody up front, because you know, AI does malfunction and I don't want to be a part of the malfunction. So not having a driver upfront, to me, that's pretty damn scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I'll tell you it wasn't to me because we were on city streets. You weren't going in any high rate of speed, and the vehicle seemed to be pretty well under control.
Speaker 9: You know, it's it's by the way, you know, hey, but yeah, but what if the vehicle goes out of control and all of a sudden, you're going from twenty miles an.
Speaker 4: Hour on the side street. Something malfunctions and now you're going seventy on the side street.
Speaker 3: That would be a problem.
Speaker 4: Why I would like to see a human being up front.
Speaker 3: I will tell you this, you know, I'm I don't know if you guys watch Jimmy Kimmel at night, he's on you know a network TV. I think ABC. He did a joke on I guess an aunt of his who came to visit him. And if you just google Jimmy Kimmel, you know, automatic car he puts his aunt. She comes out, and there's what she thinks is a driver puts her in the back seat and then says to the aunt, gie, I have to, you know, go in and use the restroom. I'll be right out. And I forget what the ances name was, like on Chicky or something, and she sort of fit the name fit because she was very bossy, and she said, yeah, but hurry up, you know that sort of thing. So the guy you walked away and the car automatically took off. She's in the backseat of the car. She has no idea what's going on, and they had a car following her with some of her children, you know, you know, saying hello, welcome to the car, and who are you recognize? Their voices. It was it's hysterical. It is hysterical. It's like on Chicky with Jimmy Kimmel. You guys, I know we have good senses of humor. You'd appreciate it. It runs about six minutes, but it's one of those moments where you laugh so hard you cry.
Speaker 4: It was it was I'm gonna have to grip my teeth and check out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you'll never get into an one looks again. Larry. We'll take a quick break back with Larry and Scott. Got a couple of open lines if you want to get in get in early six one, seven, two thirty, six, one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Back on night Side, right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray, I'm WBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones, we go for the WBZ car guys. Larry and Scott Rubinstein are here. We're gonna pick the pace up a little bit. Let's go to Jane and Evergni're next on night Side with Scott and Larry Rubinstein. Goright ahead. What's your car questions?
Speaker 4: Gee?
Speaker 8: Hi, Hi Dan, thank you, Hi guys. So I have a Honda record twenty twenty, and they did have a recall that said, you know, if you're ac the stat's not working great, you can have it checked. And they they had a problem with sometimes losing the gas or whatever. I don't know. So last summer I noticed I didn't feel like my curacy was quite as cold as it should have been. I mean, it worked, but I didn't feel it was really enough. But and I know we had an extremely hot summer, so I want to know what is the test that will be done to check it. I hate anyone touching my car unnecessarily, especially because we'll do before.
Speaker 4: But there are two tests that they're going to take. Number one, they're going to put a set of gauges onto the access ports under the hood, and they're going to look at the two readings high side and low side, and they're going to take into consideration the temperature of that day, and they're going to make sure that those pressures are proper and in the range that they have to be.
Speaker 8: Okay too, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: And Test two is they're going to put a thermometer into the center outlet port of your dashboard where the cold air comes out of, and they're going to one again, take into consideration the temperature of the day, and they're going to see whether your car reaches the proper temperature from the outlet that is prescribed to in the book. Basically, they're looking for twenty at minimally twenty degrees cooler than the ambient temperature. If your car passes those tests, then there's no further work that needs to be done.
Speaker 8: I did, but I have a question. When they check the temperature on that gauge access put under the hood, can some of my gas come out? Can I lose gas?
Speaker 4: You know, when you take off the gauge contact point, you're gonna get a and it's an insignificant amount. I mean your car probably holds ten to fourteen ounces a gas. Yeah, and what comes out as miniscule nothing you even have to worry about it. I mean, it's it's just because there is a little bit of gas left in that hose, because they have a hose that runs up up to the gauge, and what comes out, it's just looking for this. That's it. So no damage could possibly take place. Now if they leave the hose half on and half off, yeah, you're going to lose a lot of gas.
Speaker 8: Because okay, because when I had my new central air conditioning at my home tuned up and the guy came out and checked the gas and he lost quite a bit of guess when I was standing there was checking and I'm not even having that checked again. I'll tell you the truth, all right, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that's helpful. Appreciate your call, Jean, Glad and hope you have a nice, cool driving summer. Let's go next to Scott and Dadhim Scott, you're next to Nightside. Go right ahead with Larry Scott Rubinstein.
Speaker 10: Good evening, gentlemen. Hey, it's just a quick follow up. I talked to you guys over the winter. I had a twenty sixteen Mercedes C three hundred and was getting a gas smell when it was parked in the garage. There isn't a recall, but it is. It is an extended warranty because the flex part of the flex hoo is going from the frame to the high pressure side. They replaced it for free. So just want to let you know.
Speaker 5: Actual, Yeah, yes, pair perfect. That is very full him, something I will definitely pass on to my fellow Mercedes owners. Thank you so much for following up. On that, and that's great that Mercedes stepped up and took care of that.
Speaker 3: How did you remember that, qull Scott, Scott, how'd you remember that call?
Speaker 5: I remember more than you realize that.
Speaker 10: Here is about three more that they extended the warranties on one hundred and fifty thousand miles, so it's worth taking it down having to take a look. Thanks, guys, have a good night.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I think we lost him there. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I would further recommend that Scott calls the NHTSA the phone number. I don't have it in front of me now, but it's on the INDs ofnet and it has to let them know about this because what he describes could be a fire hazard and if there is several Mercedes having the same problems, then the NHTSA looks into it and it could develop into a recall which could save some somebody's life. That's a very serious problem.
Speaker 3: WHOA, well, yeah, I do want to put.
Speaker 5: I do want to point out that ball less and that may be experiencing this problem. You are extended win TEA time is running close to uh I get extended to ten year, one hundred and twenty thousand, which ever expressed, and that is from twenty fifteen to twenty seventeen's seat three hundreds, so you only have one or two years left. So you get the knocking on to that. So if you got this problem, get in a draft drover dealership.
Speaker 3: All right, Scott, you're busts busting up on us again. Here, stay stay stable, We're gonna take that. Let's get it at the call. John is in Boston. Hey, John, you're next on night side. Welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi, right, good eting guys. You know, I just wanted to mention with all this new technology coming along, some of the best ideas are the ideas of yesterday. Like Rudolph Diesel invented the diesel which has a bad name diesel gate. But you could run a diesel engine on Veneta oil I here and people doing it on YouTube. You go to your local restaurant, it's gonna have your grief or market basket. You know. You could buy new fish water, but it will run it's eight percent clean from the environment. And John, that's basically forgotten well John, that that oil and grease you get from the restaurant has to be processed. You just can't point. I know that your car, but no, I what what you're saying. I agree with you one hundred times over. But I don't want to let people think that they can just take the French fry oil and throw it inside their gas. You're gonna clean and exactly let it.
Speaker 3: Let him finish his explanation, you guys, you're talking over him. John. It's that sounds like a lot of extra work to me. Is it worth the different?
Speaker 4: But it's eight percent cleaning from the environment. And before nineteen eighty five, a diesel from MERCEDI the diesel from both working work this fine, and you can look on YouTube. But Rudolph Diesel, his idea is the run of diesel on regular oil, which you can. And if I was the president, I'd be helping the farmer out grow vegetables and processing vegetables that I was overseas for the oil in the Middle East of wherever it is. And there's also a forgotten one nuclear power plants and all that. I haven't heard it lately, but talk about in the center of the earth, the temperatures ten thousand degrees. I heard the Chinese might be doing that to try to tap into that. You measure the power that we could generate from ten thousand degrees the heat in.
Speaker 7: The center of the earth.
Speaker 4: But that that doesn't get the attention that soul of panels and winds an electric car. An electric car basically is a fashion statement. I called the Tesla yuppie mobile. Oh hit otobiles, Now we have yuppiemobiles.
Speaker 3: You are as John, You're a man of great knowledge and strong convictions, and we thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's go back by yourself an old el for about five to ten thousand dollars and you can run it on French frike grease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna do I'm going to do that in the morning. John. Actually, now that you well, I think.
Speaker 4: If you get a damn people will be calling you up looking to give the oil to you. Coming. I had would probably diesel, and you did that. I'm sure to be calling you.
Speaker 3: Have I have room down cellar. I've got a couple of extra barrels down cellar. I'll have I'll have as much oil.
Speaker 4: Look on youtub about it if you don't want you want to see more about it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure It's not like a restaurant. What are you cooking French fries in the car.
Speaker 3: I love that spun. Oh yeah, I love that restaurant coutely. Yeah, and it's none fattening. You know, you don't have to eat the fries. So I'm with you one thousand percent of this one, John, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Sorry up an old diesel and running on French fry grease before nineteen eighty five. Because I have no computer fuel's trying to get that done.
Speaker 3: I put that on my list of things to do John. That and I got to.
Speaker 4: The dentist last week. So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: John, good suggestions.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just what to say?
Speaker 5: Who hold on the only thing I'm going to say, He's right, He really is.
Speaker 4: He is correct.
Speaker 5: It can be done, even on some of these new ones.
Speaker 4: You can create fuels.
Speaker 3: So okay, So here's here's my question, Scott, Scott, here's my question. When I get that McDonald's oil or whatever it is, and I have a story down cellar and my house smells like and my wife throws me out, will you take me in up there in New Hampshire? I mean, because I'm going to be sleeping on.
Speaker 5: As long as you don't mind sharing a couch with Roxy the Rottweiler. I'm sure she would love to cotton her up with you.
Speaker 4: Oh man, your mother welcome.
Speaker 3: That's that's another incentive. My whole life could change here just as a result of that call. This is wonderful. All right, gentlemen, we'll take a quick break if you want to call about cars. Six months seven two, five, four ten, thirty six months seven nine. That is the last call we're going to take about McDonald's French fry oil or whatever it is, or French fry Greece. Maybe back at Nightside right after this quick break with the WBZ car guy Scott and Larry rubinste back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: We're talking with Larry and Scott Rubinstein, the WBZ car guys. The winter driving season has ended. They will last with us in mid December of last year, and we're trying to make sure that all of you, me included, gets on the road and make sure that the car is ready for the longer drives of the summer. Many of us in the wintertime don't drive great distances, but we've got to make sure that our car is ready to go. If we're going to take a trip to the mountains or a trip out to the Berkshire's or wherever. So any calls, any questions you'd like, feel free six one, seven, two A nine ten thirty and I got Andrew in Rockland checking in Andrew. You next with Scott and Larry on Nightside. Go right ahead, Andrew. What's your question?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 6: I have two vehicles. I had four Transit twenty seventeen for Transits, twenty five hundred van and it's got about one hundred and sixty thousand miles on it. I have a ram Laramie fifteen hundred and twenty seventeen and that's also has high mileage. I need a lot and pinion in the ram it's gonna cost me like three grand to do. And I needs front end work in the van that's gonna cost me about twenty five hundred dollars. Question is is a Timon traded men. I own the van and I owe a little bit of money on the truck.
Speaker 4: How many miles do you saying with that?
Speaker 6: Tell you on the truck the van has one hundred and sixty thousand and the ram Laramie has maybe like one hundred and twenty thousand on it.
Speaker 5: What are the power trains in each?
Speaker 6: Woh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The seventeen Rammers have the eighth C on the hemy a little bit. I'm sorry you broke up, sir.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what the powertrain is in either one of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the Ram van of pro Master, No, the van is not a pro Master.
Speaker 4: What year did you say the van wasn't? Get said?
Speaker 5: The Ram truck with the seventeen.
Speaker 6: Twenty seventeen four Transit twenty five hundred, and then a twenty seventeen Ram Laramie fifteen hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, So as far as they're both decent vehicles, I don't know if if you priced out the replacement on a seventeen Ram well to replace your Ram with the new model.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably about forty grand, fifty grand somewhere. Then I go with the used Laramie of.
Speaker 5: The Jode coach will used, okay, because I can tell you the price on a new layer of me for fifteen hundred, you're probably talking, you know, upwards of sixty probably, yeah, and then you get into a twenty five hundred you're talking right, So they're very expensive to me. The Ram is a definite No, I would not trade it in at one hundred and twenty thousand. I mean it's bought and paid for. It's not like listen, if you can afford to buy a new truck, then by all means, go ahead and do it. But I wouldn't say it's at it's the end of its life cycle at that point. I personally drive a RAM. I drive a twenty fifteen RAM twenty five hundred that is over two hundred thousand miles right now, and that that's from somebody that works in the dealership because I know what the cost is for replacement versus I know what the truck is, So.
Speaker 4: That one's a definite. No.
Speaker 5: The trendsit that one's at how many miles again, one seventy six, one sixty yeah, one. I might be looking the upgrade.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We just with transit again, and would you look at something as a competitor.
Speaker 6: I will probably go with the RAM. What's it called the tallow one pro Master prole Master, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the pro Masters are very nice. They've got an approven engine that's been going for a long time. I see plenty of them come in my shop that are used by multiple companies that we sell them to, pushing over two hundred k on a They're great vihic, right, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Hey y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the one that need Scott. Scott. We are losing you here, So let me let Larry jump in. Larry, do you do you have something to add on this call? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, First of all, I would think that you want to professionally had take the deep the transit whereas it is a ford, and have it looked at professionally number one from stem to stern. See what else is coming down the pike as it is? Does it drive? It doesn't break? It doesn't. And now you said that you had a steering problem, so let's put.
Speaker 6: That staring staring staring problem is problem is in the rim. That's a what's it called spindle, Roden spindle, something like that, I'm sorry, rotten pinion in the ram and that's gonna cost like three brand to fix.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is a rocket onion that you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry, yeah, racket, And I'm a plumber, not a mechanic.
Speaker 4: Okay, three three thousand dollars is very high. Where did that price come from?
Speaker 6: Andrew that came from a mechanic, a local mechanic in my town, for the roden spindle.
Speaker 4: On the ram, I mean the rotten spindle. Yeah, you are saying rack, rack and pinion, right, rack and pinion, you're right?
Speaker 6: Yep, my bad.
Speaker 4: Okay. I would suggest you get a few estimates on that because that sounds very very high. Uh.
Speaker 6: If he's buyers, if they were like two box.
Speaker 4: My man, we're talking about then I'm saying, probably talking about the power range of LABA.
Speaker 3: Guys, you're talking over each other a little bit.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Larry, Okay, if you're talking two thousand dollars, I don't think you're talking about just a rack, opinion. It sounds like you're talking about several other items as well. Very typical hubbarrys can go on those as well, and that's a very labor intensive job. But just a rack and pinion by itself is not that much money.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, that would that's what I for that.
Speaker 4: If if if you want to send me a copy of the estimate, I'll be happy to look at it. You can send it to my email address, which is scan Auto at aol dot com, and I'll be happy to look at it because it sounds like there's something missing from the story.
Speaker 6: Right all right, good, good thing.
Speaker 4: I call. Thanks? May have said.
Speaker 3: You may have saved yourself some money or you may have saved yourself a problem either way.
Speaker 6: Right right, glad? I called? Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right? Uh, did you want to add something to Scott before he left? Did you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 11: I I think I think dad's in the in the ballpark. I think he's probably should be closer to the two thousand and two to twenty five hundred dollars range for that rack job. But I think, like Larry said, I have to take a look at the estimate and make sure. You know, we don't want to make we want to make sure that he's getting exactly what he thinks he's getting for that price.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, thanks, thank you very much, Andrew. Hope we save you some money, and that that email for Larry is skiing s C A N AUTO A U t O at aol dot com. And Larry is very, very excellent and wonderful in terms of getting back to our listeners. I'm amazed that that he takes the time and care that he does. So you sent your something he'll get he'll get back to you, okay, maybe save you some money.
Speaker 6: Appreciate a good night, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Andrew, welcome, okay. I don't want to short change anyone here. As we head towards the eleven o'clock News, my guest as always the WBZ car guys Larry and Scott Rubinstein. Scott, I don't know if you're moving around or if your phone's got an issue there, But when you start to drop out, I'm gonna just rely on bringing Larry back in as well, all right, So no problem. I do the same thing. By the way, I'm one of those guys who loves to walk and talk, and so I know the instinct. But it sometimes get by a window and it's and get yourself comfortable and everything will work perfectly. Will take a break. I got Chuck and Georgia coming up. I got Doug an Ipswich, and I have room for you at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I have a couple of questions that I'm going to jump in when there's a break in the phones. But keep the phones ringing. We'll we'll be back right after the eleven o'clock News. With two guys who know more about automotive issues than anyone I know. I'm so grateful to both of them that they will take their time on a Thursday night UH and uh and help the nightside listeners across the country. Chuck and Georgia Doug an Ipswich will wait. Here comes the news