Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily doseph inspiring from heartfelt taglog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different characters and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape.
Speaker 2: And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: You're listening to a podcast from Victory. Worldly passions cause us to hate God and hurt one another. We must guard against them, discover more about this truth. In week five of our series, Gospel demonstrated.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're now on the fifth leg of our series and the polling series. But then Gospel demonstrated, you know, there's a theme in the Book of James. If you if you look at the books of James, he talks about empty words that should be translated into action. He's talking about the thing that the tongue should be named the town. The tongue is like a rather the sheep. He's telling us. That's saying to us, as there's a theme in what is writing. And so if you will summarize this, this is just saying to us that you have not to have just a profession of your faith or you pung declaration of your faith, but you have the possession of your faith.
Speaker 1: You may it was, and tonight we will be talking about the enemy of God, which is worldliness.
Speaker 2: And so to encourage you, like to read verse in James chapter one, Verse one, verse four, It says, here for your encouragement, you adult as people, do you know that.
Speaker 1: Friendship with the world is enmity with God.
Speaker 2: Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Can you bow down your head and close your eyes Heaven? If this afternoon, Lord, we pray that your holy spirit will annoint us. Father God, Lord, that know nothing of the things that will I say will come from me, but it will be words that will be coming.
Speaker 1: From your heart, Lord, directly to your people.
Speaker 2: Father Lord, May there's words become so powerful that it will move them into action that it will cost change in their lives.
Speaker 1: Thank you God in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: Amen, Now Malijuana, friendliness with the world is enmity or or you're you're you're gonna be going against God.
Speaker 1: You see friends.
Speaker 2: Marque not pep either.
Speaker 1: Or in the same manner.
Speaker 2: You cannot be a friend of God and you cannot be a friend of the world. In fact match of chapter twelve, Jesus Christ speaking himself says, whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters malijan and pull. If you're not for God, God is taking is assuming that you are against him. Now, for the last four weeks we've been discussing about the marks of a real Christian where Gospel is demonstrated to you. We're gonna do something different. We're gonna break away from that. We will now see the other side and put you on the other side, the other side that will describe who is a.
Speaker 1: Friend of the world or who will worthly.
Speaker 2: And so this afternoon, what I'd like to discuss to you is the evidence of the result of and the solution to worldliness. The evidence of worldliness, the result of worldness, and the solution to worldliness. The first evidence that we can come up with as we read this verse is the evidence of greed sabip Bible. What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder you Covett and Kenna obtained. So you fight and quarrel you do not have because you do not ask now. Prior to coming to ministry, I work for the Supreme Court as a supervisor for the Province of for Philippine med Jason Center.
Speaker 1: And to my surprise, I realized.
Speaker 2: The strangers ia orana or macapamilia, and so I was thinking about that. But Kaya manzilla began or manzilla worst makaapa. Then I realized, and God told me, you know, because people who matters you the most will hurt you the most. You understand who's in the important you know, Malala, And.
Speaker 1: Let me give you an illustration. Coming up to here.
Speaker 2: And way past the guards, sabinon guards, I'm doing in offense, pero it will pass my ear in fact, because it does not matter to me because we do not have a relationship, pera Humirayan tan no comes Ryan bro. I'm but doing my off I I brought with me my best so it matters to me. But because his reactions mattered to me inside manner taupo na. Because whatever you say to some one that loves you, whatever you comment to someone that matters to you, hurts or builds up massa oh ma incarriage musha. Now what's the cause of the problem. The cause of the problem is greed. Why greed, sabipu no Bible? Why do you fight? You fight and quarrel because you do not get what you want? Nineteen Then I'm calling now wisdom. Just know now think about this. James is an expert of relationship. You know why because he's the brother of Jesus Christ. Now think about this. Why it's because you want something and I want something and we're totally opposite with what we want, or we want the same thing and only one of us can have it. Let me illustrate it to you.
Speaker 1: Behind you public indeed a lang.
Speaker 2: If you will be honest enough, just I'm sure within the week normally coming in a musico marin mean renovating a bathroom lavatory nine So indiko and I'm come back now off.
Speaker 1: And I'm come back now offense.
Speaker 2: Like you too big done.
Speaker 1: Nineteen is because she.
Speaker 2: Has her own preference and I have my own preference, and that starts the vibe. Now it's because it's opposite to what we want. The second illustration is this because you want the same thing that each other one, but can only have what one can only have it whom you are singing here in the room, pack okay whom you are singing in in the room. Yeah, all right, praise the Lord, Okay, man getting too Alima singer is a par Christian. PA attend is a Bigtory Green Niels. That was Pa ren nando os a service in attendan young you announcement and Pastor, can you turn to the person beside you and smile? L boom and Sandy? Now it's so happened in adulter, Pastor? Now what will happen to the person that does not get to be the husband of the girl that they both like? Normally that the person will be heard? And Indian victory Green Neilson my laplos dio maraing do all right. So what I'm trying to say is this, that's the reason why you fight.
Speaker 1: It's greed because you.
Speaker 2: Wanted your way and you want things to be yours alone.
Speaker 1: Now what's the result of greed? Homicide? Homicide?
Speaker 2: The difference between homicide and murder is intention. Explain you murder, You murder your homicide in the intention siguru accident or in the process of you trying to assert what you want?
Speaker 1: Homicide homicide? You see, that was a.
Speaker 2: Angsunya sahaaga that that comes and what would be your most most likely comment to each other? And Mama escal.
Speaker 1: Is mo pang chi mayama am.
Speaker 2: So pina self hindi so pina. Worst is pinamo pat believe that magaga pattiput. And that's murder, my friends, to your marriage. What will it cost your marriage? Thai, that's killing your marriage right there. And greed will cost you to commit homicide? Now what's that? What's the solution? At the solution tab Bible you desire and do not have. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you.
Speaker 1: Do not ask.
Speaker 2: Now it continued, sabipito, you do not ask a solution generosity sab Bible part you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly to spend it on your own passion. Friends, why did they say that the solution to greed that kills is generosity among your fathers in the room. Fathers in the room, okay'm cigarette casino, Okay the gar casino naga sabotoo generus no bia And you know why because that's money that is not earned. And on the other hand, prap and more and here you know no you in Prince Price Iau double cheeseburger said Mara parent. Now you do not ask. You do not have because you do not have.
Speaker 1: You you do not have because you do not ask.
Speaker 2: What is that telling you? Your generosity will not come from what you work for. Your generosity will come from a source that will never end, will come from a source that is able and will come from as all, a source that is willing. You see, friends, you understand and in the process, did you know that if you are a blessing, you are most likely blessed?
Speaker 1: Friends.
Speaker 2: It's a mindset problem because you think you're the source. But the source of everything that we have, the source of everything that we need, and the source of everything that will give comfort and.
Speaker 1: Joy to people is God. Think about it.
Speaker 2: That chair used to be what that chair used to be, used to be a tree, Your clothes used to be what may be a plant or anything that comes from an animal. Everything that you have came from what God created.
Speaker 1: Nothing in this earth is a product of what you did alone.
Speaker 2: N Now, if we're gonna think about it and pin respond, you miss move magatas in band amagawey Ai. Because of money, you understand, because that will give the wrong impression not only to the world, but that is giving God.
Speaker 1: The highest degree of this honor.
Speaker 2: Because as a Christians, all of us should leave by the understanding that what you have comes from God, and He is the source of everything that you will have.
Speaker 1: In the future.
Speaker 2: And that will empower you to what to give, because God, God blesses a cheerful giver. Nine And so your greed can be solved by what our greed can be solved by nothing but generosity. Changing the mindset that everything that we have comes from God himself. Now ebidence, that is some world in the title. The next evidence is pride And as a Bible, come now you who say today or tomorrow we will go into such such a town and spend a year there and trade and trade and make a profit. Yet you know you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is it for your life? For you are a miss that appears for a little time then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, if the lords will, we will live and do this or that. As it is you both in your arrogance, all boastings is evil.
Speaker 1: Let me be clear to you.
Speaker 2: And the pu bang aye you put adding panin on what does God despise? God does not despise planning. In fact, God is a god of order, because if what's that, what's what's the evidence that God is a god of order?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: You are an evidence that God is a God of order. Is public dad.
Speaker 1: Time lad putting? Then you put on order naturally. If there is order, there is a plan. Now.
Speaker 2: In fact, in the Book of Matthew, Jesus Christ himself says that whenever you're building, you're referring to the man who builds a tower.
Speaker 1: And you do not plan the cause, then then you were a fool.
Speaker 2: So James could not have been contradicting what Jesus Christ already said. But his point is this, because of your plan, you think that success is entirely because of what you do. And that's what you call arrogance. Kayabang and okay may pride signs pride number one. There is no small things for you. Everything is big pride a restaurant, patti mala and loginning, sag tooth, pick, lamp, permit, my lacking bag.
Speaker 1: Guy napalil it dad.
Speaker 2: I wanna tayo sum baba kaite ma lach napap bag it hamblen in Indian, you see another trade. Another mark of a proud person is this and opu my abag. You always find fault in others, but never in yourself.
Speaker 1: The way I speak today.
Speaker 2: Happy that was a singular plural in then don't put the English class to.
Speaker 1: Put a worship service. So what I'm trying to look namata.
Speaker 2: So now think think about that, you're always what if you're you're full of pride and marcano la criticized, bay Kiney criticized, Perunaki criticize, you understand and may may may pride celeb lagging me so.
Speaker 1: Lagging.
Speaker 2: No one wants to be near you. No one wants to be around you. And la male which wants many and the.
Speaker 1: Malay the.
Speaker 2: Kelen December Indi, December twenty five, nineteen. Indeed a male and tongue may pride and so is always alone. Now what's the result the pride and the result and pride suicide suicide.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the Bible. Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are just what a missed.
Speaker 2: Ah that banishes You're dying lam. Now think about this. Let me just challenge you.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're a prideval, you tend to do everything big black and big black and big black.
Speaker 2: Suicide, samos.
Speaker 1: Not you know what I'm trying to say to you.
Speaker 2: By guy, there will come to a point there where you will explode because no one living person and that person will only be what who Jesus Christ himself, God himself peruhind Eco now and suicide and upon solution and solution a humility and upullung humility. Humility is an acknowledgement that you need someone. Humility is an acknowledgement that you cannot be successful without somebody. Humility is acknowledging that everything that's happening to you is by God's grace. By ball instead, you ought to say, if the Lord's will, we will leave, do this or do that. In Taupumpey, humility is always thinking about what God thinks.
Speaker 1: It's always thinking about what God wants.
Speaker 2: In Tapue, humility is always thinking about what God wants and plans because he knows that without God he won't be successful. And the pongs have been one by all many the plans of man, but only God's plan will succeed.
Speaker 1: Kaya he is submitted to that. Thank God Salam.
Speaker 2: You know ten years, ten years ago, I didn't say we will plan the church this, that, that, that, that, and I will and I will put all in all churches my life, life sized sposure of myself. I did not say that because that was not my plan, because that was not my ambition. But I submitted to the will of God. And what does it do for me?
Speaker 1: Now? You know what, ten years from now you will still remember me to original.
Speaker 2: Why because I'm submitting to the plan of God.
Speaker 1: You understand.
Speaker 2: Behind basay is a plan.
Speaker 1: You understand.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I remember in ministry is one of the pastors in Victory says to me bro Alamo and Masu and plan.
Speaker 1: Their complan.
Speaker 2: It will be beyond your expectation, more than what you can think and imagine.
Speaker 1: And we are leaving the esteemonin that.
Speaker 2: And greatest regret was I it's not answering God's goal earlier than I should have. Not all of us will become pastors, but each and every one of us will be called for a purpose of God.
Speaker 1: And if you are in the purpose of God, and.
Speaker 2: You know, you will never be prideful because everything that you do will be dependent on the things that he does for you. You understand now finally, and is about na marka.
Speaker 1: World social injustice? Mad you, I said the long word. Uh, let me just illustrate to you Halma.
Speaker 2: Pintuan bango and in canto indigno you you perfumed.
Speaker 1: In canto mula.
Speaker 2: Tables kuti is my smooth tabos, that's full make up. That was paran galindan fitness, first figure, pangs universe that's maka I made the la tissue made damp bad taposa and yeah, yeah, social injustice.
Speaker 1: Ym your time.
Speaker 2: And on social injustice, it's spread judice against people that are not You're not like you. Nine Indi, you know think about this, uh said the house was but was owned by my wife. Is a private school, so las a guide young sub division. That's an id new sell and adres. And you see that's prejudice. Nine in what if You.
Speaker 1: Miss universe?
Speaker 2: In what if you manage her? Is an artista that you know in the movie industry. I'm very well versed and manager hindep artista. But because of our prejudice, you know what prejudice and results to prejudice and results to a mass murder. Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, prejudice and results to mass murder, Babe, mass murder, Bible ball, Let's let's look at the Bible. By ball, you have condemned and murdered the righteous people person. He does not resist you. You know what when you are prejudiced to someone, a people group, when you prejudice a social class, mula serna, let me tell you and make it clear to you, Alt, you're a middle you're a middle income person, and I echo, young matasta social class.
Speaker 1: The people that you want to be with does not like you, and the people that wants to be with you, you don't like them.
Speaker 2: You put on social injustice nine for you to better understand a. Let me pu gerra something that now more than one hundred years now, our most brothers downstairs and bang. No one will answer you because no one knows. But I bet you it could be social injustice. But to the simplest form alem you put your macap it buying a Muslim man.
Speaker 1: That indeed it looked a BOUNDARYO. Indeed, are you back it?
Speaker 2: Because social injustice produces what mass murdering, you know, entirely murder a group of people that you don't want to be connected with Indian an Nanga social injustice church community that the solution to social injustice is church community. Did you not notice whenever you came here in church, whether it's victory, Greenills victory or Tias victory for it the answers is that tell you how old are you? What social cast do you?
Speaker 1: Are you poor?
Speaker 2: Are you middle income? Do you do you prepare English or the galog service? Nobody asks you whatever you wear coming to church.
Speaker 1: Nobody tells you you're not supposed to be where that in church?
Speaker 2: You know why because in church everyone becomes equal. Why because God looks at.
Speaker 1: Everyone equally with favor and love. Think about this.
Speaker 2: In the Book of Acts, the Bible says they were there, there were many added to their numbers that day, and Bible, no one is in need. You know why, because the early Christians are crazy about God. The early Christians are really on fire about God. In early early times, medical science as advance as we have today. Plague TV, people run out of the city.
Speaker 1: They scattered to the countryside that to heal to minister.
Speaker 2: You know why because they are not afraid of death. Because they saw Jesus rise rose to life. They saw Peter lay hands and people get healed and rose back to pink of hell because their faith is demonstrated.
Speaker 1: Gun.
Speaker 2: Now, as I close tonight, I just want to say to all of these things, anno result and greed and pride and social indances, there can only be one result.
Speaker 1: If you are you are for for the world, a friend of the world, the result is nothing but death and death.
Speaker 2: You see Marin pong instantaneously. But most people are dying every day without knowing, without you knowing. Turn to the person beside you. Every one of us is dying. Right, You're one less day to day than you were yesterday.
Speaker 1: All of us are dying.
Speaker 2: Mamamatakana amata in a gigg insensitive now.
Speaker 1: No longer can eat this taste food.
Speaker 2: You can no longer run because parts of your body is becoming insensitive.
Speaker 1: Then what happens when you die? You de kay?
Speaker 2: Did you not realize that spirit only that is what's happening to us if we are a friend of the world and.
Speaker 1: Insensitive? Bad guy and.
Speaker 2: Printers print that was well? You monitor, monitor computer insensitive, b t untimad uh in.
Speaker 1: You become insensitive.
Speaker 2: You understand everything now is justifiable to you. Your relationship without without wedding marriage. It's fine with you. Why because you're now dead, you are now insensitive, you are now decaying. In contrast, and I'll end with this Anon a man po angry Sultan. And when you become a friend of God, what happens to you? There is life that is breathed into you kat and born again. Your reward is eternal life. But that eternal life starts here on earth. Banion simply poisons James. Read the Bible, meditate on the message of the Bible, pray and do what it says. Because if you will do what it says, you will be blessed. And if you will be blessed, the people around you will be blessed. And when the people around you will be blessed, all the rest that are watching us from the out from the far wide places would want to be like us. That's influence in the life mode of of Moses.
Speaker 1: Nani.
Speaker 2: While a suggest Moses, why you have defeated the greatest.
Speaker 1: Nation on earth. Your God must be the true God.
Speaker 2: And so friends, what do you do if you become successful, if that, if the word of God, the Gospel works in your life.
Speaker 1: You go again to.
Speaker 2: Church and then you pray again. You read again the Bible and ask God, Lord, what is it now for me? What's another thing for me to do? You meditate and you do it again until you find yourself walking from here to Heaven. Ittopo and Christian and I do hope you are happy, You are excited of what kind of life lies ahead of you, because Christian life is a victorious life.
Speaker 1: Because the battle is not yours, the battle is God.
Speaker 3: You just heard a podcast from vitory. For more messages like these, or to access other resources, please visit our website at Victory dot org dot pH or like our page on Facebook at facebook dot com slash victoryph.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: We hope that you enjoyed today's episode. Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.