Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty, The Master of Timing. Yes, does not stop. The pro is at work, Okay on a Friday morning, December twentieth.
Speaker 3: Next week is Christmas and Honika, and.
Speaker 2: I'll be here on Monday. And I believe Cono. You're here Monday, right, correct?
Speaker 3: Correct? Amy, or you're off all next week, all next week, all next week.
Speaker 4: Michael Monks is sitting in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Michael's a good guy.
Speaker 4: He's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do like Michael a lot. And by the way, when I say that, I don't blow smoke because I'm pretty good about telling you when people suck. Okay, moving on midnight tonight, government may shit shut down, and it may very well happen. And the federal government is going to happen. I'll tell you why. Because there was a deal made between the Republicans and the Democrats to kick the can down the road, and Donald Trump shut it down, told House Speaker Mike Johnson.
Speaker 3: Done, I don't want this deal.
Speaker 2: Why because this is I'm on the side of Donald Trump on this one.
Speaker 3: How much money can you spend more than you bring in? How much used to be. It was in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: This budget two trillion dollar deficit. I mean, it has gotten so crazy, so insane, that we are borrowing money into oblivion. Because when the government runs out of money, and let's say it brings in four trillion dollars or eight trillion dollars or whatever the figure is, and it goes into deficit, has to borrow the rest of the money to run the government. It costs you one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars to live, and those are your expenses. I understand that's a lot of money, but I'm making it easy for me in terms of financially. If it costs you one hundred and twenty thousand dollars and you only and you bring in one hundred thousand dollars, where do you get the extra.
Speaker 3: Twenty You borrow it. And that's what the government is doing.
Speaker 2: And you've got Elon Musk, who is Trump's new best friend, who now has more power than any non president we have seen probably in decades and decades. He is shutting down or arguing the government has to be shut down. We cannot spend this kind of money why, because there's still pork beyond pork. Beyond pork, what is pork? Pork is a congressman saying I want this museum in my district funded. There was, actually, and I'm not exaggerating on this one, there was an Alaska It was a senator congressman. I don't remember his name, but as part of the budget he had immense power. He was a senior member of Congress, and part of the budget one year was the building of the Chub Salmon Museum. Not just the salmon museum, mind you, the history of the chub salmon in Alaska.
Speaker 3: Now pork hell.
Speaker 2: Yes, But as the saying goes, one man's pork is another man's budget necessity. So now you have the plan falling apart as bipartisan plan. Speaker Mike Johnson is scrambling to try to figure out something that would work so the government doesn't shut down. And by the way, when the government shuts down, there's no money. And there are certain things that by law have to stay in place. Air traffic controllers, for example, absolutely have to work. Members of the military absolutely are still there.
Speaker 3: Do they get paid money, you know, they get paid IOUs, They get paid warrants.
Speaker 2: And now they're of course going to be paid. When the government actually funds, they're going to be paid. So there's no issue. It's not an IOU that's not going to come to fruition. But still, but the National Park shut down, for example, you can't go into National Park because park rangers are they just shut down the park. They shut down various agencies. Now the FBI keeps ongoing, but other agencies don't.
Speaker 3: Does the EPA keep on going? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: But it's a political This is a political hot potato. And they now the Demo. The Republicans did pass some kind of a bill, you know, they put together something, and the Democrats shut it down because there were too many cuts.
Speaker 3: Because that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: Republicans don't like programs, entitlement programs, and they love defense.
Speaker 3: Democrats love entitlement programs.
Speaker 2: On the tombstone of every Democrat who's ever been elected is the inscription I never met a tax I didn't like. That's from Will Rogers, by the way, who never met a man he didn't like.
Speaker 3: So is it gonna happen? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And this deal that Mike Johnson made is by partisan deal. The same deal costs Kevin McCarthy his speakership and Mike Johnson. The new Congress comes into being next year. I think it's about the twentieth through the tenth or whatever, and he's got to be re elected speaker, and it just breaks along party ground. So I mean, this is a cluster truck of the first water here.
Speaker 3: And the reason, one of the.
Speaker 2: Reasons must hast such enormous, enormous powers because he goes online on x He posted one hundred, one hundred posts over this in the last couple of days. So are we going to wake up tomorrow morning with a partial government shut down? Yeah? Probably probably, because everybody is now their positions is set pretty much in stone.
Speaker 3: There is not much pri barbisonship. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they come up with some kind of a deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Elon Musk has become probably the most powerful American after President Trump. And then the argument is, you may he become even more powerful. And I want to point something out, and that is the president. If there is someone who has unbelievable influence on the president, it's the president's call. It's the president who makes the decision to let someone have enormous influence and so I hear the time. Oh, the president has no power. It's really my dad used to do that to me. The insurance companies control of the president. That's why insurance rates are so high. Go what are you talking about? Goes, Well, they control everything. Let me ask them. Someone spends forty years running for president and as soon as he or she is elected hands the reins over to the insurance the CEOs that go, here, you run the country. He goes, Yeah, that's exactly what happens. My dad was a moron, by the way when it came to this. So Elon Musk only has the power that Trump gives him.
Speaker 3: But man, what power he has.
Speaker 2: Yesterday a blizzard of ex posts announcing that bipartisan spending deal designed to keep the government open.
Speaker 3: We talked about that time in the last segment.
Speaker 2: He's calling the bill criminal and the threat okay, the Trump threat. Any member of the House or Senate who votes for this outrage spending bill deserves to be voted out in two years. This is how Trump controls the Republican Party because he has the power with the electorate to primary any Republican out. Virtually any Republican and he has done it. I don't care if you've been there for thirty years. I'm going to endorse your opponent in the primaries and you're done. And so you bet the Republican legislator's cow taw to Donald Trump, ben the knee, kiss the ring, as it said.
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 2: The bill tanks both because Musk spent a lot of his time I don't know, one hundred posts, I mean something insane, and also a parody Trump's position. And by the way, I've said this before, I'm not a big fan of Donald Trump. You know that, But I tell you his point is absolutely well taken. How much money can you spend beyond the money that comes in? Where is the limit? The Democrats, there is no limit, none, none. Whatever we have to borrow to keep the government going, we will borrow, and it doesn't matter how much money comes in. Now, for the first time, you have some deficit hawks, and you've got Trump. You've got mux Musk, who is now head of DOGE, the Department of Governmental Efficiency, and he's saying, we can't spend this kind of money.
Speaker 3: We have to run this place like a business. Yeah, which makes sense.
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, So House Speaker Mike Johnson.
Speaker 3: Put together a bill to keep the government running.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the Speaker, Mike Johnson is not a particularly effective speaker. He squeaked in. He's a compromise speaker. And I think one of the reasons that Nancy Pelosi is so hated by the extreme right is she was so effective as speaker her She ran the House with an iron fist. You can compare her to Maggie Thatcher in Great Britain during the Thatcher years. I mean she gold on my ear during the time of the seventies when she was Prime Minister of Israel. And so Mike Johnson believes he could get enough Republicans to join most Democrats in passing a bill to keep the government alive. Now what does that mean keeping the government alive? Well, you're not going to have a balanced budget. What Congress does year after year is kick the can down the road and say, we'll deal with the budget later. Let's just go ahead and fund the government as it is until in this.
Speaker 3: Case it would be March of next year.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump said nope, and Musk said nope, and so the deal fell apart. So now what does Johnson do he's got how many hours to go before this thing just dives? And the government is partially shut down. And as I said, certain parts of the government have to have to keep on going by law. Now air traffic controllers and military and federal police and I think the FBI, but everything else shuts down, and even the government workers that have to keep on working don't get paid. They get IOUs, which of course will be honored. So now the scramble takes place, and Mike Johnson is figuring. So they came in with another bill, which the GOP is saying, okay, well the Republicans are the Democrats say.
Speaker 3: No, we're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Nope, we're done, And of course retribution and arguments going back and forth and accusations. Haking Jeffreys, head of the Democrats, screaming the Republicans or trying to destroy this country. They don't even want to go forward with this funding bill, to stop gap funding bill to keep the government alive until March. The Republicans are saying, the Democrats are destroying this country because they want to spend so much money. We keep on borrowing so much money that we can't possibly afford any of it, and so it's up in the air. And by the way, thirty six Republicans joined the Democrats in saying this bill is no good. So for the Republicans, the programs that are in place that are to keep on funding, the entitlement programs, the social programs, No, they're just too expensive. Ain't gonna happen. For the Democrats, we can't cut like this. We can't cut housing and subsidies for schools, and subsidies for school lunches and all of these entitlement programs. If you come up with a list of governmental programs or programs that are funded by the government, you know, NGOs, non governmental agencies or organizations, and the amount of money that's spent, I mean you, it is completely nuts. I don't know if social Security checks keep on going. They do, okay, so by law, social Security keeps ongoing.
Speaker 3: Uh. And what else?
Speaker 2: I have to get a list of what major organizations, what major parts of the government. Just don't Medicare, Medicare they stop paying. Medicare continues on, Medicare continues. I know air traffic controllers certainly continues. Amy has a better grip on this than I do. Unfortunately, and so I'm defaulting to amy and you may want to calendar this because I rarely do this, and I'll be not doing.
Speaker 3: This much more.
Speaker 4: No, I military keeps running Medicare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but military doesn't get paid. They don't get paid checks. They get the warrants. So there's a lot of by law that's uh the check and they're going to be made up. But as I said earlier, even those governmental agencies that don't get checks and only get the IOUs these warrants as they're called, you can't go to the grosser restore, put some food on that counter and say I've got a warrant here.
Speaker 3: They actually want money.
Speaker 4: Congress still gets paid, of course.
Speaker 3: Congress gets paid.
Speaker 4: The president gets paid.
Speaker 2: No kidding, The president gets paid real quickly. Okay, don't even look how much does the president make?
Speaker 4: Do doo doo?
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand dollars you gotta raise? Oh yeah, he got to raise.
Speaker 2: The first president that got four hundred thousand dollars was George W.
Speaker 4: Hey is Trump not taking his salary again?
Speaker 3: I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: You know the last person that didn't take a salary Trump well before Trump?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: John F. Kennedy really yep, dollary year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he had so much money. I mean, just ridiculous amounts of money. You know, his father, Joseph P. Kennedy, I mean just left a fortune to his children. Okay, Luigi MANGIONI, we knew he was going to waive extradition and coming to New York, which he did yesterday, and he was flown from Pennsylvania to New York after waving extradition, and he was to make his first court appearing in a Manhattan courthouse in state court. We knew he was going to be hit with federal charges at the same time, and he was charged with murder through the use of a firearm to stocking charges firearms offense. I mean, he's up for the death penalty and I can't imagine he is not going to get it. So the federal complaint leads to his appearance in federal court in downtown Manhattan instead of the state courthouse. But wait a minute, he was supposed to go to the state. He waived extradition to come to the state of New York for a state hearing, but to the surprise of all, the Feds came in and the Feds prevail and they said, nope, it's going to be federal first, then state. So he leaves prison and comes to He goes to the court in Pennsylvania, two back to back hearings. On the one he didn't extradition, the other it was decided he will not face firearm and forgery charges brought against him in Pennsylvania until the charges in New York are heard. Now here's the fun part, to show you what a hero he has become.
Speaker 3: You know, in prison you set up accounts.
Speaker 2: You can set up account to buy Fredo's and to buy soap, and you know all that kind of crap that they don't give you.
Speaker 3: Ramin.
Speaker 2: He got one hundred and fifty eight deposits into his account. He's got more money in the account than you have in the bank. There's a lot of FreeDOS. You can buy fifty letters so far. Can't wait till those are released. How many women are proposing marriage? People wanted to see him, know only as attorneys. And after the hearings, he's handed over to the NYPD. Then's flown on a plane to New York, then is up by helicopter. Not bad, I mean, if let me tell you, if you want to visit New York. Let me tell you how to go follow his lead, fly in a private plane to New York and then get helicoptered into the city. Not bad, not bad, and then we'll talk about the details later on.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, they have him.
Speaker 2: They overwhelming evidence, DNA evidence, fingerprint evidence, entries into his diary in which he talks about going after United Healthcare, talks about going after the CEO, on and on. So Mangoni meets with his attorneys at the federal courthouse where.
Speaker 3: This took place.
Speaker 2: Because why because Feds say, you know what we wanted and took everybody by surprise. By the way, his attorney had no idea that was happening. The state had no idea it was happening. I mean, the state's already set up. They have barricades outside the courtroom, the court house on the thirteenth floor. The cameras are being set up because it was going to be a televised hearing. Security is being established. All that shutdown because the Fed came in and said we're going to do it first. So during his court hearing, I love this one. This is fantastic. His attorney said, we will not seek bail right now. Really, you're not going to seek bail because you certainly are going to be granted bail if you ask for it, but they reserve the right to do it later, which of course they will. The other fun fact, if you want to talk about any kind of fun facts around this, is Mangione is going to be held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, which is the only federal prison in New York City. You know, it was also in that prison Sean Diddy Combs, and that courtroom on the thirteenth floor where he was to have the hearing in state charges is exactly the same courthouse that President elect Donald J. Trump was brought in when the hearings took place over his issues. All right, so you think we're going to follow that one? Yeah, I think too. Okay, Hey, there's something going on that makes almost no sense, and that is America is getting healthier. But that's impossible because we're getting fatter America is I mean, we're getting fatter by the I mean the second. We are the most obese people on the planet. We have the most junk food, we eat the worst food, We probably exercise the least of anybody out there. I mean, you go to third world countries and you know those people exercise. For example, they're chasing after deer or impalas in Africa just for dinner.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of exercise there.
Speaker 1: Not sure that's how it works, but I get the what you're trying to illustrate.
Speaker 2: We have more fatalities from gun violence, from drug overdoses, from auto accidents than almost any place in the world. Our obesity rate is fifty percent higher than the European average. Matter of fact, the US is considered a quote rich death trap by many people.
Speaker 1: I gained the weight. I gained all the weight so that if I get hit by a car, I have some panic.
Speaker 3: Good. That's good.
Speaker 2: I put on Wai to remember when I was a little kid, my parents were saying, I would say, and this is when Asia was not doing well financially. It used to be after World War two, eat all your food. The kids are starving in Europe. Well, of course that went away. So when I was a kid, the kids are starving in Asia, so please eat all your food. Well guess what, I cleaned my plate, I got fat, and the kids still starved.
Speaker 3: So none of that makes sense. But the death rate in the US is actually going down.
Speaker 2: The reason we have such a miserable mortality rate, by the way, unusually short life spans, more so than almost every other country in the world, certainly the industrialized world, because of the drug overdoses, because of the crashes, the car crashes, because of the gun violence, which doesn't exist in the other parts of the world for the most part.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what's going on.
Speaker 2: The government announced the adult obese rate has declined this last year. Man, are we have we decided we're getting healthier. No, it's the fat drugs. It's all the what do they call the GP one drugs with go V and l zebic. Yeah, thanks Anne, Yeah, the GLP one drugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One in a Americans have actually taken the GOLP one drug, and one in sixteen right now are taking the drug.
Speaker 1: I've got Manjaro in my arm as we speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I am taking because I'm trying to lose fifteen pounds and I'm having a hard time.
Speaker 3: Why what is on this plate a bagel?
Speaker 1: Have you thought of cutting off your head?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That makes sense.
Speaker 2: In any case, it's just weird. Now here's what the experts are saying. When you look at these figures, it's all crap. It's all artificial. We're still dying from over dose overdoses, not as much because you just can't get the drug anymore. When you could get fentanyl, when you could get opiates, I mean, doctors were prescribing opiates and you could buy them like skittles. You could go to the market and just pick up bags of this stuff. Well, those days are gone to the point where you can't even get opiates. And and when I was in surgery on my back surgery, they gave me three days of opiates.
Speaker 3: I go, what are you guys doing? I hurt, like hell, you just you just can't.
Speaker 1: So I remember getting percoset for mouth, you know, maxio facial surgery, and I never used them did I have no idea what they do. I never use them. But there are good painkillers, is what they are. I don't even like vicodin. I was off in my kidney surgery. I was off the pain meds. I think within the first day.
Speaker 2: See and I love It's strangely enough, I really enjoyed pain meds way after the pain disappears.
Speaker 3: That's my history.
Speaker 2: But you know, you couldn't get them anymore, which makes sense because now the number of opiates overdose deaths are way way down.
Speaker 3: So we've got some reasons that we're actually living.
Speaker 2: A little bit longer, we're actually healthier by a tiny little percentage.
Speaker 3: However, you're still smoking, you're still fat, you still.
Speaker 2: Don't exercise, and by the way, I'm not looking at Neil, although I should know.
Speaker 1: I'm not a smoker.
Speaker 3: All right, everything else.
Speaker 2: But yeah, pretty much, Okay, this is KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.