Speaker 1: Here's your channeline weather forecast. Nice, nice forecast, uh cloud free, low humidity, sunny day to day with the highest seventy six overnight little fifty eight clear sky, sunny again tomorrow with the high of eighty two overnight clear and sixty and Thursday we'll go up to eighty eight degrees and sunny skies. It's sixty three right now. Let's get a travel update.
Speaker 2: Chuck from the uc UP Traffic Center from the Size Therapy to Stress Relief and Cancer Surveillan. It's the u SEE Cancer Center, office of the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors called five one three five eighty five u SEE ce See South Bend seventy five continues slowly through walkland and it broken down blocks the left lane South seventy five in the cut backing traffic towards downtown in ben seventy four continues to improve after problems earlier. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey twenty nine fifty five krc DE talk station. It is that time. Regular listeners, no apployment listening. The Daniel Davis Deep Dive retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, been a well warfare analysis and on the same topic We've been on for probably longer than Daniel and I care to agree, are to admit Russia and Ukraine. Daniel Davis, Welcome back to the fifty five Caressey Morning Show. My friend's always a real pleasure having you on. Always a delight to be here. Thanks for inviting me. I sure appreciate it. And well, it happened over the weekend. I guess on overnight Saturday or maybe your Sunday, Russia launched four hundred and seventy nine drones at Ukraine, the biggest overnight bombardment of the three year war. As it's been reported, some of the drones were shot down, some of the missiles were shot down. They've also escalated their attacks on the eastern and north eastern parts of the front line.
Speaker 3: I have a quote here.
Speaker 1: I think we'll call this an understatement Ukraine President Vladimir Zelensky calling the situation very difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say so.
Speaker 1: A week after week, Russia keeps going more territory, keeps bombing more of Ukraine. Ukraine fires back some Russian some drones into the Russian territory, accomplishing not a whole lot. Maybe some sort of moral victory when you blow some blow up a plane, But as far as the war's going, things are getting worse, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly right, and you've characterized it perfectly. This is in some sense, I think that this is the evidence of a side that realizes the war is nearing its endpoint and they're just throwing in all this. They're pulling out all the stops and throwing everything into this. And that's why you've seen attacks inside Russia on railroad bridges, one of which took down a civilian train and killed a lot of civilian people. They hit the Crimean bridge again, it didn't succeed, but they did hit it. And then these you're talking about, this strategic bomber fleet through many sites inside of Russia, and then they've continued even since that time to attack air bases and engles and other things. This shot you're talking about here over the weekend of four hundred and seventy nine missiles.
Speaker 3: That was just the day.
Speaker 4: They have been since that bomber time. About two or three days later they appear to have started on an air campaign, meaning instead of coming up with some big shock and all kinds of deal as retaliation for this. They just said, we're gonna escalate our normal routine and we're gonna saturate you with bombs. And it is being devastating because there's just way too many bombs, drones and missiles that Ukraine simply doesn't have the air power to knock down, so it is starting to really cripple them. And then, as you said, all that is having impact on the front line because Russia is accelerating its conquest of territory in the Sumi area in the north and a couple of areas in the eastern flank. And there's nothing that I can see that's gonna reverse any of those trends well.
Speaker 1: And of course, every time you read an article about this, you know Ukraine desperately needs additional Western aid, but that would only be in the form of military hardware. You gotta have somebody behind the wheel of a tank, you gotta have somebody operating the hardware. They're running out of people. I mean, again a continuing theme of our regular discussions, Daniel, but nobody's volunteering troops. I don't want to see NATO volunteering troops because this will escalate the situation to a World War three event. And I know that the leaders in the Western European countries appreciate that, and I think that's why they haven't stepped up and send some of their own guys to the front line. So this war of attrition looks like Russia's on the winning side of it. So are they just going to capitulate and roll over? Are they going to concede the Russia's demands to you know, disarm or denazify. I don't know how you do that. It's a political ideology. If they're Nazis in Ukraine, I don't know how you get them to stop being Nazis. But whatever, they're gonna have to concede these demands, are they not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and listen, I think that at the Istanbul meetings a week ago Monday, Russia made very clear its statements. You've had dimitrium ADVEDIV in the last forty eight hours. I think clarify further, and that is they are going to military victory.
Speaker 3: The twelve point piece plan, so called it.
Speaker 4: Russia gave the memorandum that each side was supposed to exchange Russia was basically terms of surrender. I mean, you can't look at it and see it any other way because basically you have to do everything that we say, and it is an egregious list. And then Dimet Medvedev said, we are going to continue going on, probably all the way to the Nepper River.
Speaker 3: Others have added in there from Russian sources, so they.
Speaker 4: Are marching forward and they have no intent to stop because they don't think that there's a partner they can deal with and negotiate with.
Speaker 3: Because I got to be honest with it.
Speaker 4: Even though I know most of your listeners really like the Ukraine side and don't like Russia, the fact is there were many political and diplomatic off ramps that either Zelenski or Biden, or really even the current leaderships, they have not yet taken. And things continue to go forward, and then Russia says, then the only thing left to us is to fight until we win on the battlefield, and that may take six months, nine months, a year, I don't know. But Russia is prepared if it takes even longer than that, and they're resourced for it and they can do it. But I'll just add that I don't think the Ukraine army can survive that long, to your point, because they're already now starting to say they're going to forcibly mobilize eighteen year olds in the very soon and according to like Ben Hodges, your former US general, he thinks they should start taking women as well, anything to just keep the fight going, which I consider to be immoral because there is no possibility that they can win and all they're doing is sacrifice in another generation of Ukrainians.
Speaker 1: Well, and what would the situation look like for my friend my listeners aren't familiar with the geography all the way that river. Does that mean Russia is going to be an occupying force in areas where it does not have predominantly pro Russian communities like Crimea? We've talked about that a lot. They started there because most of the people there were sympathetic with Russia and would have rather been in the Russian umbrella than the Ukrainian umbrella. So is this just regions like that or are they going to keep pushing and pushing and then have to be an occupying force with hostile hostile people around them constantly, sort of like that guerrilla warfare concept you and I have talked about before.
Speaker 4: My reading of the situation and of the demographics inside of Ukraine says that Russia is probably going to annex and seas not just occupied, but annex into the Russian Federation all the regions that.
Speaker 3: Have predominantly Russian personnel.
Speaker 4: That are living there right now, and that means on the other side of the current line of contact, there's quite a number of other provinces that have a majority or substantial percentage of Russian speakers, and I think that they're going to continue to go until they capture all of those, and that means past the Danepa River in some places like in the Odessa area, and I just don't see anyway we can stop them, we meaning the West at large, Ukraine, Europe, et cetera, unless we do as you said and enter the fight, and of course in that catastrophe that we should never ever do, and because we almost certainly won't do that, that's in the cars. There's just nowhere else for this to go, but in an ugly end for Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So the map is going to be redrawn ultimately, that's really what we're talking about here. It's going to be a completely different looking country. And I think I guess the rename part of Ukraine when they take it over, like they did with the Eastern countries after World War Two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know it will be the case to where Russia will put out its maps whatever, and nobody in the West will acknowledge it that the maps in the West will continue to show Ukraine and they'll just say occupied territory whatever.
Speaker 3: So everyone will go on with fiction whatever they prefer.
Speaker 4: But the hard facts on the ground is Russia is almost certainly going to own it.
Speaker 1: How long do you think this is gonna take? Because this bloodbath, it's it's a crime against humanity. I mean, people are just like lambs to the slaughter in this conflict. Right now, the way things are unfolding, I just saw that they have one thing that they have agreed on is exchanging the dead and seriously wounded, and there are thousands and thousands of those exchanges going on. Just one little illustration of how horrific this has been in terms of loss of life.
Speaker 3: Well, they kind of agree to it, but they haven't actually done it.
Speaker 4: And in fact, so far the Ukraine side categorically said yeah, we would do that, but then Russia moved a bunch of these, like huge eighteen wheeler refrigeration trucks filled with six thousand Ukrainian bodies, and the Ukraine side is not willing to take them now, they claim because they don't know who they are. They claim that only fifteen percent we can identify, and they like it could just be Russian guys or something, so they're not taking them. There's a different interpretation it could be because that will now take those soldiers from being missing an action to confirmed killed. And now then they have to pay you know, the severance and not severance. I'm sorry that the money to the soldiers for being killed in contact, just like we do. And according to most calculations that somewhere around two billion dollars. Ukraine doesn't have two billion dollars, so they can't pay them. Then that's going to make angry relatives, so they're trying to avoid taking care of that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One final thing, I know, we're running short on time. This morning, it was announced or actually last night revealed rather by Budano of the leader for the Security Services in Ukraine that Ukraine Russia is now getting help from North Korea on the production of the guarantee. The twos or threes the most modern long range drone that Russia has, And now then they're producing around two thousand total, two thousand per month, and with this new capability it could expand to five thousand per month. And this is the top of the line stuff that's causing most of the damage right now. So everywhere you look, it's just going downhill for the Ukraine side.
Speaker 1: So and I understand the reasons for the demand for those weapons. I guess I'm kind of wondering North Korea's what do they have in this game that they'd be so willing to assist Russia. I guess it's just the creation of jobs for the North Koreans and the forms of weapons production and making money off the purchase.
Speaker 3: Of so part of it.
Speaker 4: The other part is they want they are getting some very valuable scientific help from the Russian side.
Speaker 3: They were getting help there.
Speaker 4: I think it's the Huassong eleven kN twenty three we call the missile. They gave some of those to Russia early on, and apparently they were wildly inaccurate. Well, Russian scientists have now gone to help them repross or re calibrate that and reprogramming and now then all of a sudden, they're very very effective, so that technology is going to Ukraine to right North Korea as well. And then there's also they get combat experience, so this increases the capacity of North Korea, which worries South Korea.
Speaker 1: I guess it would Daniel Davis. Find them online Daniel Davis Deep Dive check out the podcast. I always enjoy our conversations. Man is as sad and and and and disheartening as sometimes they are. At least you're speaking truth and reality about the whole thing. That's all we can do. Appreciate it your time today, as always, Daniel, look forward to look forward to next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: As always, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Have a great week coming up at eight forty fifty five KRC, the talk station stick around folks, get a little bit to talk about. Feel free to call me if you have a comment.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back. This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station. Big news for drivers