Speaker 1: What's up, body, people, and welcome to Countdown to a Classic where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey, everyone, thanks so much for joining me for another episode of Countdown to Classic. It's so wonderful to have you all here. And if I can just grab you for a few minutes here at the top of the episode, I've got a little bit to say about some stuff that's happening this week. So first and foremost, go nuts with this episode. There's plenty of content here for you, more from the Countdown crew on what happened this week in Epoch and all the fun little things that we've been getting into the kangaroo court and all that jazz. It's all there, guys. I just want to say that, unfortunately after the recording, Countdown got the world first kill on Volchan, so we didn't get to incorporate that. Unfortunate that we got the world first kill, but it's unfortunate that we didn't get to talk about it on this episode. That will be on the next episode that you'll get from this show. So just bear in mind if you're wondering, hey, Josh, what gives there's no talk about our big achievement. Well, you know, we'll get there. But god, that was wild, such a funny story. But yeah, Countdown, you know got the kill. It's against all odds, the casual Countdown guild beat all the sweats. But we'll tell that story next week. Look, so that's not here, but there's a bunch of chat just about everything else, so please dig into that. But what I actually want to talk to you about is there's a lot of chatter in the Countdown discord about the Bronze Beard server that is opening on Friday North America European time and Saturday Oceanic time. So I think it's like midnight on Friday night ocean Era. If that's you or you know, look up your local time zones. It's something like, god, what was it midday Europe or something late afternoon North America. You'll figure it out. Just go fucking look either way. This Friday, a new private server is launching and a lot of people are discussing it in the Countdown discord. It's Look, the reason I'm bringing up is I don't want to freak you guys out going like, oh my god, what does this mean? Is everyone abandoning Epoch? No? No, no, we're not abandoning Epoch. Countdown is getting more and more Sixties rolling in by the day over on Project Epoch. These two private servers are very very different things. They're very different things. One is quite more Classic Plus in feel in terms of Epoch, and what's coming with Bronze Beard is Look, it's being dubbed Classic Plus, but there's a lot going on under the hood, not to say that it's you know, not Classic plus, your very your definitions of Classic Plus obviously may vary, but this is a wild version of you know, if you do people joke and say, oh, it's retail minus or it's you know, sod plus, or it's you know, it's definitely not Classic Plus, but you fucking do with the definition whatever you want to do. Either way, it's really sod on steroids in my opinion, with a lot of the retail systems coming in as well in the Vanilla world, so I'm sort of and it's got a wild cash shop as well, and we've been spending a lot of the last you know, a few days discussing the cash shop and the pay to win aspect of it. Big arguments that we'll have on the show next week about Peter Convenience versus Peter Winn. Hey man, I don't think this is payter Win. I think it very much so is Peter Win. But you know you do you people from the Countdown community. At least this server is going to be popular, There's just no joke about it. It's going to be very, very popular. But people within the Countdown community are much more tempered in their feelings towards it on the whole. Don't get me wrong. There are members of the com unity out there, those of you listening to this, who are super stoked for this server, and that's great. I'm going to be playing it, but I'm taking this time to explain to you what's going on and my attitude towards it. Look, while some of you are super stoked for it, the majority of you, taking the temperature gauge of the discord over the last few days, are not as stoked for it, and the overall vibe seems to be Ah, Look, I'll check it out because fuck it, it's free, while why not. I'll give it a go, but I'm doing so with a lot of trepidation. You know, people aren't sort of taking it as seriously as they might have with Epoch, and they're a bit more dubious of how this server will play out in look and feel, and you know whether or not it'll really scratched that classic itch like Epoch? Did I feel the exact same way where Look, I'm lucky, guys. I'm a full time university student these days. For those of you who don't know, I've walked away from practicing law. I'm going off to become a teacher, but I've got to, you know, get my qualification up. So I'm full time at UNI these days. So I've got all the time in the world. You guys might remember what it was like being a university student and you just had all the time in the world to, you know, in between classes, to do whatever. So I've got the time to play two servers. So it's not really any skin off my back. However, let me just get rid of my cat one second. Okay, sorry, the cat was making weird, annoying eating noises in the background there. So I have the time for two servers. But if you don't have the time for two servers, don't freak out about Oh my god, Josh, I just invested all this time in Epoch. Does this mean you know, we're leaving Epoch and moving on to Bronze Beard. No, it doesn't really mean that. Like I said, the majority of people are not that super duper interested. However, you know, if you do have the time to check it out, I would encourage you to do so, just because I think it's good to see people taking a similar mindset to me where they're like, the more we play of these supposed Classic Plus servers, the more we're seeing of what works and what doesn't work, and the better equipped we are to provide feedback, you know, for whatever Blizzard might be cooking up next. If Blizzard does want to make some kind of amazing server that sweeps us off all our sweeps or sweeps all of us off of our feet, then we need to sort of know what's up, and we need to have been there in the trenches experiencing stuff that is really good and that is definitely really shit and should not be in the game. And you know, just treat all of these as like betas or just you know, you know, thought tanks or whatever for what will come with Official, because you know, I think we all will try Official as well when it comes out. You know, it's one of those things where it's I'll pay for a month again when it comes out and subscribe and be like, all right, Blizzard, now's your fucking time. You've had a year and a half to cook. You've been able to borrow ideas from Ascension, from Project Epoch, you know, let's see what you've got with your own original ideas as well. And it will just come down to a put up or shut up moment where they've either either nailed it or not. But before we get there, yeah, I just want to know basically as much as I can about different people's takes on Classic Plus. So I will check out Bronze Beard, but I'm look, I might not be playing it in a week or two. Who knows. If I dive into this thing and it's really like, oh fuck, this really feels like a version of the game that I don't like. Look, it's got things that I have really wanted, which are heresy to some people. I've been like, I would love to see a Mythic Plus style system in a vanilla world. Well they've got that and a lot of that, and I understand that that's horses for courses. Some of you listening would be like mythic plus, what the fuck go away, you retail loser, Like, that's just that's fine. That's something that I would like that I know a lot of people won't like. It's got a lot like talk about the SOD ruins on drugs, It's got a million different ruins out there via this mystic enchant system that you can do to change the gameplay style of every class. So if SOD was too much for you, my god, this server will not be for you, because it really is an extension of that ruin system in terms of, like you know, there's bloody fifty ruins you can go out in there and get for all of these classes, if not more, you know, just I'll post everything in the discord if you're intrigued. I'm going to post screenshots of all of the things that you can get for every class that you find out in the world or whatever that change the way your class operates. So go and have a look at that out of interest. But I want you to think of this less of a plug and more of a shout out to all of our Countdown people playing on Epoch. Look, we're still sitting here waiting for a roadmap, and Epoch will need to get off you Knowcension will need to get off their asses and give Epoch a roadmap in you know, the next few weeks. Like it's it's starting to make people very itchy, there is, once you've gotten to sixty. There's not a bunch to do on Epoch right now outside of battlegrounds or getting a little bit of you know, previous Like we just we don't know when the next bit of content is coming. We need to know when we're raiding and Countdown will be ready to raid when that announcement comes. We've got twenty five sixties now we've got twenty five more not that far off, so we could arguably have two raid teams. It's just going to be a matter of when this thing gets announced in what's happening. So I'm chilling for now, but I am aware that, like I say in this podcast, like they've got to get off there are in the next few weeks and announce something or you know, people are going to get very very antsy. So what I'm trying to say is go have fun, keep leveling an Epoch. We will be doing the content there. But if you've already hit sixty and you're sort of not doing too much, then feel free to check out this server. I'll roll hoard. It's again. It's same rules apply, cross faction guilds, cross faction grouping as far as I know, So roll whatever you want. I'll roll hoard. We'll try and get a few of us together over there. But do not read this as ditch Epoch for Bronze Band. It's not the case. Okay. So I just can't stress that enough. I felt the need to speak to you at the top of this episode to say all of this in what is now quite a long rance. I apologize, guys, but you know, if you've got the time, check it out. If not, don't worry. You're probably not missing out on anything that would have floated your boat anyway, if I know what the majority of you are like. But we shall say anyway, guys, With all that said, let's get into the episode and i'll talk to you at the end. Thanks everyone. Okay, so we're back with another countdown to Classic. And I slept in this morning. I've actually been sleeping in a bit lately, and I woke up at just past eight o'clock and I thought, oh fuck, it's it's podcast time. Oh my god, and my amazing wife had made me breakfast in bed and sat there and had my coffee and my eggs and my bacon, and I thought, oh, that's okay. You know, everyone will have forgotten about the podcast. I'll take my time getting to it. And so I finally get around to it just after, you know, about nine point thirty, and there's fucking twenty people sitting in general voice Chat waiting for me to turn up. And then I rock up and it's like norm like I'm touched and shocked as well to see all of you sitting here waiting for the podcast to start. So thank you very much. Guys will rip straight into it and another week in Epoch and another week's worth of stories to tell and things to discuss. So I think there's actually plenty to discuss this week outside of the stories that you guys will bring to the table. I think it is time to start sort of talking about more about the gearing of characters, how you're feeling about your class at sixty, And also we will start to touch on Epoch now, you know, trying to build a team, whether they're struggling to build a team, or not, and the you know, roadmap and where everything is going when we're a bit in the dark on all that. I reached out to Dutch just half an hour ago and said, hey, mate, I run a podcast. I've been covering this server a lot. You know, we'd love to get you or someone who's involved in Epoch on the show. So let me know. We'll see if he actually gets back to me, because I think that we are approaching that time. You know, while I've been saying on the show that I've been having a blast and I haven't been personally that frustrated by anything, there is obviously a line in the sand where if you know, a few more weeks or what have you go by and we are for I have no doubt we're going to hear something. But if, for example, you know, fucking like six more weeks go by and we haven't heard a peep out of these guys, then it's very fair to go like, what is going on? But guys, I'll say gooday to everyone. There's a bit literally about twenty of us here. I'll start with you ubiquitous as per usual, and just say goody made house things been this past week? Mate? Fucking uh, I seem to remember you. You're a bloke I used to play Epoch with. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I've been very busy.
Speaker 3: I apologize to everyone that I haven't played all fucking week. Bad bad guild master, terrible performance.
Speaker 1: Fucking daddy went for cigarettes and never came back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I've planned to play a fair bit today before and after my social event that's on, and uh yeah, play a bit more tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Very good, now, you you said to me. And I don't blame you for this, he sort of said, because I reckon. There's a few, not all, but a few people feeling like this. Where you go, all right, I've got the Mage to sixty, but like you know, while I'm playing a mage, I wasn't that invested in the mage lifestyle. So I'll happily go straight to leveling and olt. Is that pretty much what you've done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the player base is a bit trim when I have been getting on at like eight pm OCEE time, so there's it's pretty hard to find a scholar or a stress so it's just good to play an old But I'll do dungeon runs in weekend morning time now when there's lots of guilties on it.
Speaker 1: If anything, I would say that the Guild has become more important than ever because it's so wonderful to still, you know, log on and see anywhere between twenty to thirty five forty people online sometimes and people are still trying to piece together dungeon runs within the guild, which is fantastic because I'll freely admit, you know, I've been logging on again at like you know, primetime OCEE in the evening, like you say, about seven, eight pm onwards until about ten pm, and it's you know, in leveling an alt. Now there's a variety of reasons for this happening, you know. Obviously you could say that the majority of people are just taking their time working one character to sixty or the sixties of level to sixty, and now they've logged off waiting for a raid to come out. Or also the server population is going down as people drop out due to a variety of reasons, whether it be a lack of information or you know, they just don't want to do the one to sixty journey after all, or they were tourists or whatever it might be. The server population is stabilizing and that number is coming down like a fair bit. It's like, you know, long gone of the days of oh my god, there's fifty thousand people playing this fucking server. No, no, no, like we've been saying, there seems to be about like you know, I don't know, we said fifteen thousand. Maybe now it's come down to ten thousand. Who knows. But I've seen few, far fewer people leveling alts, at least like my characters. I've leveled three characters to twenty over the last ten days. I've got a pallet and a shaman and a priest now at twenty. And you know, when it comes time to look for that dead minds or whaling cabins run around twenty. Oof. It's like it's it's rough finding tanks. But also like I'm just not seeing that many people along the leveling journey anymore. And I'm not that fussed by it because, like I say, I really think with the time investment it takes to get one character to sixty, everyone is in their thirties, forties, fifties still trying to get to sixty. So I'm like, oh, the Barons is a ghost town, this is a dead server. No, no, no, it doesn't fucking bother me, but it is noticeable that I'm not passing that many people through the barons over the last week. But that's why putting stuff together with the guild has been really cool, because we're still a large guild and we can still do content together, and I've done a shitload of sixty dungeons with the guys that i'll talk about in this episode over the last week. I really want to discuss what's going on what they've done on this server to LBRs ubrs scholar and everything, because it just continues to wow me, and like, you know, we can sit here and you can You've got a choice here. Do you want to dunk on the server because it's doing the natural progression of WOW servers where the number goes down after launch, particularly for private servers, or do we sit there and talk about the content that we're doing, which I still think is a glowing positive outside of bugs and whatnot that are still very evident and not getting fixed as quickly as we'd like. The actual content of this server is fucking amazing. And I just read another post on the subreddit today from a guy doing a really good comparison between Turtle Wow and Epoch, and he just summarized it so well talking about the difference in feel between this and Tee Wow, and I agreed with everything he said. Where it's it's like, as far as I'm concerned, Epoch runs circles around te Wow in saying that there's still, you know, a crowd for te Wow and a crowd for Epoch. And if you like either one, you're not wrong, but they're very different in feel, and you will gravitate. You will generally gravitate towards one or the other. I find myself very much so being pulled more to the way that Epoch has approached things as opposed to Tee Wow, because they really highlighted the difference in difficulty and they were like Tee Wow dungeons, Yeah, okay, they put in like a new boss here and there, but like the dungeons are a fucking pushover. They're like, it's very classic in feel in terms of you walk in and one shot everything. There's no mechanics. It's just like a fucking snoof snooze fest. Healers have nothing to do. The tank just stands there in tanks and spanks and you guys burned the boss down. And that's evident in every fucking dungeon, even the new ones, whereas in Epoch the difficulty feels like spot on in terms of this is engaging, This is making players wake up and feel like they've got a little bit of a challenge on their hands. And my god, have I felt that in the dungeons. And I don't feel that they've gone too far with the difficulty. But for me, look, the argument is there whether or not it's PUG friendly or not, But for me and the guild, I think it's been fucking perfect. I actually did my first PUG last my first PUG last night, whether you call it a PUG when there's one guilty in the group, did a Barretton hold, which gigant or and like, we're literally perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever. You know, the one fuck up of the dungeon was mine when I pressed fucking enslaved demon or whatever for the first time in my life and got one shot by a pack of imps in an infernal But you know, I worked it all out and it was all good. But anyway, I'm ranting GUV back to you, mate, what I just want to get you you to kick us off, and maybe we can keep talking about this when you go on this difficulty note mate, from your runs through the sixty dungeons, how do you feel now with more experience under your belt about the difficulty of Epoch.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty much exactly what I would have liked.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: There's a learning curve to things, like once you the first run you do it. If there's no one in your party that knows anything, it can be a little difficult, and then you're finding out like, oh fuck, we need to do things.
Speaker 2: Like A good example for us is.
Speaker 3: Just the the Gauntlet of Abominations in Strathon Dead. We're doing that with Las and then because he's used to classic where they kind of come to you so slowly and they're so easy to kill, you run out of the gate and go and fight them all. So he went and did that and we promptly got our asses kick. So then when we went back, I reminded him like, oh, just were staying here. They come to us and we'll just be killing one as they arrive, and it was kind of nice, like just those little tweaks. It's kind of nice to have that you know, that lesson to be learned, and then but once you know things, or if there's just someone that knows the dungeon, well it's it is still easy, kind of like now that you know Upper black Rock Spire, it's pretty straightforward. But it's just fun to learn it in the way that it is and that there is a thing to do instead of it just being tank kill boss and off you go. So I think they're pretty much exactly what I would ask for in a level sixty.
Speaker 1: Five man, uh, lads, are you here? I think I saw you here?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 1: Can I get you to catch the pass from UBI and keep running on with it and talking about what you think as a tank of the difficulty?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, since he's here, I like to take him the kangaroo court real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, do it? Do it while he's here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wanted to find himself. So when we started that dungeon, I was like, hey, he's been there before and I hadn't. And I was like, heys, Davan mccanics, nob please let me know. Oh you got it, make no problem.
Speaker 5: So we go.
Speaker 6: We go into the A bombs silence right, and then I pull one, and I'm like, well, usually you have to, you know, for not to be born, you got to pull at least like three or four. Yeah, that's why I pulled them. After we wipe, it's like, hey, like just so you know, you probably should have gone one at a time. I was like, thanks, that's really helpful. Now that we're all dead, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I think mistaken that was the cursed run of horrors that it was. At that point, I had no soul left. I wasn't even consciously aware that I was still playing the game.
Speaker 6: It was so bad you quit well for a week.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, is that the run? Is that the run that caused you to stop for a week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that wasn't the reason. But it's a fucking good coincidence.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. All right, but lad, Yeah, on a serious note, how do you feel about how these mobs and bosses are punching you guys and your party in the dick?
Speaker 6: Perfect Just guess I think they are difficult, but they are fair. There's nothing there's nothing about the encounters for the most part, you know, other than not black considered bugs. I'm my counters that it's too completely fair, and I think what makes it they've hit horrible. I think what makes up for it the sort of a really fun they done is fun for me is that CEC is both needed more but they also encourage it more so. Mobs and Villa would have been immune to sec. These mobs and some bosses you can seec. So I think it it just makes it more fun for people to be able to push their buttons.
Speaker 1: I completely agree that there was a random moment. It creates random moments of skill expression. Sorry, just to butt in on this one lads and get you if you've noticed this one like I in this barreton Hold that I mentioned I did with Giganta last night just before we started the Naga boss which you know, barreton Hold is easily, in my opinion, the easiest level sixty dungeon. I don't know if you guys agree or dise disagree on that one, but it is. It's a little bit. It's not a snoozefest by any means, because the the trash is harder than the bosses, but the bosses are still engaging, which is great. They're just relatively simple in terms of they they their mechanics are cool, but they go down quickly, if that makes sense, just like fucking Ubi's mom. Heyo. Anyway, what I was gonna say was the Naga boss uh does has it got him? Has a mechanic towards the end where he moves to the middle of the room and he does a certain thing, And just before we start the encounter, the tank turns to me and says, hello, mister Warlock, can you please death coil the boss when it starts to move towards the middle of the room towards the end of the encounter, And I go, huh, yeah, sure, I'll give it a go. And I'm like, if he's telling me it must work, I'm like a little bit shocked that I could death cooil a boss. I've never again, I've never played Warlock before. Guys, I don't know if this is a thing you could do before, but it's all news to me. And so the boss moves in at twenty five percent or whatever to do their big fucking butterboom move that everyone's got to be aware of, and I just hit my fucking death coil and he runs away in fear from the middle of the room and doesn't do the macare really and I'm like, Wow, that's fucking really cool, Like who would have thought it was? Just I really enjoyed little things like that. Have you have you seen anything like that, lads or anyone else?
Speaker 6: Pretty much every every ansceince there's been cool things like that.
Speaker 1: Someone else is going to jump in there, Nope, I'm going crazy or good guys, we're going to get expansive. We're at the pub. There's twenty of us in the room. Please don't be shy. I want to hear from all of you who happened to have started doing dungeons from brd up. Let me know what do you think of the difficulty? Is it, you know, Goldilocks test? Is it fucking too hot? Too cold? Or just right?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 1: Ma, thank you AXL save me?
Speaker 8: Is that Goldilocks? Is that Goldilocks difficulty? In my opinion, I know it's the easiest one, but I guess I've been kind of saying I think a lot of the shit's overtuned, and which is why I think the Buried and whole one is fantastic. Like the last Boss will fuck you up if you do not know how to interact with his mechanics if you're not turning him away and whatnot, Like it was not necessarily a cake walk, right, he spawns ads. There's a whole lot of shit. Right, there's a lot of things that can go wrong. But to me, that's about the right difficulty.
Speaker 2: And a lot of.
Speaker 8: The bosses and burried and hold like at least my I've only done it twice. The first time through, I can wipe on at least like three bosses, and that's great because there was a learning experience.
Speaker 2: But second time.
Speaker 8: Through a little bit smoother, which is what I think you should happen, you know, like you still have to. I don't know if we've got lads, you can remind me if we got the last boss on the first try in our second one or I think you die and then I took Agro and then he reset, so I don't know how that counts, but I remember, you know, I think a lot of the sixty content is overtuned, though I would know.
Speaker 6: You know, I was bitching.
Speaker 8: About one of the bosses in BRD and we did it the other day and I think they fixed it because that constant pulsing AOI damage was just it was still present, but it was so diminished in comparison when we first went in.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it's noticeably had something done to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it might be that we're all sixty now and like two of our dps have like constant shields from a new in chant.
Speaker 2: That's like fucking busted.
Speaker 8: But I also was looking at my own health, and my own health was dropping in a much lower rate.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, Les, like, is it have they fixed it? Or is it have you guys just gotten more powerful?
Speaker 6: I think they fixed it because the en chance is not going to fix it. Uh, that chance is not going to affect magic damage just pulsing, Well, it's it's.
Speaker 8: Just a it's just a damnaged shield, right, It's like if you shield with a priest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fair enough. I wasn't.
Speaker 8: But my own health, you know, I never had that shield. My own health was going down at a much lower rate. My gear isn't all that different. I just have a few more levels.
Speaker 1: So so is it still there? Is it still pulsing and keeping the shield up for the whole lost seventy of the fine?
Speaker 2: You know, we just fucking targeted the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it stays up. It stays up the whole time. It seems that outputs left.
Speaker 1: It's silly.
Speaker 9: It does work correctly. Now if you kill the mobs that spawn, the shield goes down.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't.
Speaker 6: I haven't done it in a while, about week.
Speaker 2: We did it like two days ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but we just used mainly DP to focus on right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we just kind of choosed it and didn't bother with the mechanics.
Speaker 1: So if I can ask, if I can ask, Axel, you mentioned that you still feel a couple of the encounters are overtuned. I've got a funny idea that I might know which ones are you talking about, But let me know which one specifically you think is still a bit crazy.
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess it has been a bit smoother and as we've gotten better at it, would say, bearing in undead Strath still feels maybe a little overturned. It's it's super doable, and maybe it's maybe it's fine because they don't I can't recall if we have wiped on them on our last attempt or not. But it's like I feel like, once you understand the mechanics, you shouldn't really keep wiping like it shouldn't be an rang thing.
Speaker 1: Well that that's sort of the I'll just interrupted that stage sorry and say I haven't done a sorry a strath at all, whether it be alive or undead, So I can't comments on that, but I do want to go down the rabbit hole of again when we're talking difficulty, are we talking difficulty even once you know the fight, or the difficulty is before you know the fight, then once you work it out, it's actually not that bad.
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 8: The other we've done a number of Ubers runs is probably the dungeon we've done the most, and it's the most difficult dungeon of all the content that exists.
Speaker 2: So you know, I don't want to like it. There should be something.
Speaker 8: That is the most difficult content, like the Beast is Still it just feels like a fucking crapshoot every time.
Speaker 1: Well this at this point, let me sorry. I'm going to keep jumping in and latching onto small tangents. I love Ubrs in this version of the game. I think it is I think it is just fucking really really cool what they've done with it, turning it into a five man dungeon, increasing the difficulty tweaking encounters like for example, the uh Rand encounter or whatever is like significantly quicker now, you know, like you said, the Beast and I think it's general drack at the end or whatever are quite difficulty en counters. But having said that.
Speaker 2: My like general draft, yeah, right, okay, it's a.
Speaker 8: It's a mechanics fight now, right, Like it's still tough. There is certain elements of rang that can be a little tough, but it you know, we had that that group the other day where we have the two dps that weren't quite well.
Speaker 2: I don't know, one of.
Speaker 8: The dvs was probably fine, but the other one.
Speaker 2: Was kept sucking up, and then we.
Speaker 8: Got you and Voodoo in and even though Voodoo died right away, like we didn't have too bad at the time.
Speaker 1: I'll tell the story, but like basically you're right that that that's something I wanted to get through. But just on the base first, like I had not done the Beast, I'd not done an Ubers really until I helped fill in with that run with Voodoo that you're talking about, and then we did before one after that. But basically i'd heard you guys say the Beast was fucking out of control. It's easily the hardest encounter in the game right now. It just punishes Malay, you know, all that jazz and when I eventually went in and did it having heard that from you guys, Look, I want to hear from you whether or not this is a group composition thing or what have you, or or it's a healer thing or whatever it is. But we had, we did a run las with you me. You're gonna have to help me. Remember who was there? Smite was our healer. I think I think Axel was there, Dpsing, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Now I had I had to bail after a.
Speaker 1: Conf that's camp think so, because what I was going to say is we fucking breezed through the beast. And I literally turned to you lads afterwards and I said, that was it. That's the encounter that you guys said was the hardest in the game.
Speaker 6: It's particularly difficult for shamans to heal just the way the toolkit works, right Yeah, I mean I've had I've had like very undergared, very undergared. Holy palleis, keep me up just fine and the group up just fine. Priests knock out of the park. Drew is knocking out of the park. It's easy for them. It's just kind of the way. There are other fights that are harder for you know, those healers, and it's just a way just they run out of manner and it's just people aren't grouped up, like for shop, if everyone's grouped up for the chain held females work, it's just but on that fight you have to spread out and avoid the the fireballs are coming in. So it's just it's just uniquely difficult for.
Speaker 1: If we want to if we want to take this opportunity to Kangaroo Court Axel for daring to play rest o Shaman, and I'm all for it, even though he's really in Elie Sharman.
Speaker 6: Shaman's a really power powerful a lot of situations.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have one of them. Yeah yeah, So I haven't lived the rest o shaman life on the Beast yet, so maybe I'll get to see it one day and see the difference. But like that, that run with Smite as our priest healer was the run because I've been you know, hemming and worring about what healer do I want to play, And you guys know, I initially said that's it. I'm finally going to play a Holy Paladin. I've never really done it before. And then I started doing it. It was the most the most boring experience of my life. I don't know why I continue to always give Holy Paladins a chance. They are the speck that continues to clown me for years in World of Warcraft. It is never fun to me. I fucking hate it. I don't understand how Holy Paladins enjoy this game. You're all a bunch of fucking widows as far as I'm concerned now. But then I tried Shaman and I was like, yep, Sharman's going to be the healer for me. They're so active. I can drop totems, i can interrupt things. I can just be that active healer. And then you know, the guys were sort of like, well, you know, I don't know how much manner you're really going to have to be as active as you want to be. Josh. And while I was basically leveling the Shaman, I did this run a UBRS with Smite as the priest Healer, and I was watching him and it's it's not a power thing. It's a buttons and activity thing, and toolkit thing where I was just going like, yeah, like this guy's all over this, like he's pressing different buttons, he's he's pomming, he's shielding, he's greater healing, he's prayer of healing. I'm into this, and he like snoozed to a certain you know degree through that uberrs as the Healer, Like he was just fucking so so good, and I was like, that's it. I'm rolling a priest. So I got the Pallid to twenty, the Shaman to twenty. I spent an hour and a half on my fucking water totem quest, got it, and then logged off and retired the character and rolled the Priest. And now the Priest is twenty, so that that will be what I work on next. But I digress because I come back to the boss difficulty and just again throw it out to the room and say so after the Beast, we get to General Drac and Ubiquitous has had to bounce from the chat, but he's told me the General Drack is easily his favorite fight in the game right now, with you know, all these fights being brand new, and I agree, I think it's phenomenal. But the whole time we were doing it. So sorry, I'm telling an extended story here, but I'll go back to revive the point that Axel was making before, where Axel Laz the guys were in a UBRS that was just turning into the run from Hell because they could not kill the last boss. I started watching them on discord. They had a rogan a hunter with them who would not stop dying to the MCA. They you know, they're screaming at these guys like, please stop standing in front of the boss. He fucking cleaves and will virtually one shot you. Rogue could not get it in his head, kept dying within the first fiften seconds of the fight. You know, I eventually go, guys, I don't want to be like that asshole, but punt these guys like you that At this stage, they had wiped like five times, and it was very seven. It was very clear they were not killing this boss with these guys, and I said, I really think you've given them enough off opportunities at this point that it's not really that rude to just say, you know what, guys, we're calling it here. And one of them actually said I'm calling it here, and you guys said yes, let's call it here. And I said, yeah, fine, that was me.
Speaker 6: I said, I'm calling it. Yeah. They both freaked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no one of one of them. One of them said I agree. One of them said I'm out too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So anyway, okay, so anyway going crazy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah. The Hunter wanted the lockout right, He wanted the dungeon idea.
Speaker 1: So I said to you, just get rid of these guys, bring Voodoo and me in and we will finish this thing straight away. And you sort of just said to these guys, yeah, guys, we're going to stop here. The rogue wouldn't leave groups, so you just uninvited him and we walked into the dungeon in front of him. He wasn't very happy. He started calling you guys bad. Once he realized what was going on. When he started having a go at you, I got, you know, happily a little bit toxic and started flaming him, going, mate, I just watched the last four wipes on fucking Discord, trust me, you are the problem. He didn't appreciate that. Fuck him, I don't care. And so Voodoo and I come in and I had not seen the fight in terms of like playing it we did one run, saw the mechanics, I got it. I think I fucked I know it was the next one I fucked up on, but anyway, we killed it on the second try. After it's voodoo and I watched the mechanics. The first one we wiped anked or whatever or ran back, I can't remember, and then we got it down in the second attempt. No dramas, no mass, no fast easy game. Once you get it, you get it. And I think it is a fucking fun encounter and a very It is a hard encounter when you don't know what's happening for pugs who just walk in thinking, oh wow, classic tank and spank, this fight will ruin them. And it's a fair conversation now, I think you know to Vestige, who might be saying, yeah, and Vestige, you're here, aren't you. I would love to know your thoughts on this encounter, whether or not this breaches your pug friendliness sort of, you know, checklist or not.
Speaker 10: Well, I haven't done UBRS yet. I just hit sixty two days ago, so I can't really comment on that. As for the difficulty in general, it does feel a little high than I would probably say. I do enjoy it though personally I do enjoy the higher difficulty, but like, I'm right now in a lower black rock spiral and it's a little bit rough right now.
Speaker 1: You're in a low black rock spiral. Is that you're getting your ass cakes that much.
Speaker 10: This group? I am very much getting my butt kicked, all right, But that's just the nature of kind of what these things are. But I do wish I do. I do personally like the higher difficulty and everything, but I can understand why it's not as appealing to the mass and trying to get more people into play this thing when it's like, Okay, you can go into a hug and you're just gonna be rough. It's gonna be extremely rough, and nobody wants to go into that thinking like, man, I gotta set aside two to three hours for this, because I don't know are these guys good now? Are they you know, how good is it's going to be.
Speaker 1: To be clean?
Speaker 10: Or are we gonna just wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe. I don't have time for that, so I can see how that can be very frustrated. It's and that's why some people want to run exclusively with Guild because they know what they're getting, I know who's mean, and I know quality of player that's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it really is. This general drag fight is the eitome of that line in the sand in terms of you know, you must communicate the mechanics to people and then it's not just a matter of Once you know the mechanics, then it's an easy fight you have to execute. But the I can't stress this enough. This fight is not asking much of you. It is really not asking much of you. I won't say it's like the bare minimum, like a typical Wow classic fight, but you know, it's far from retail air skin terms of dancing around and having to do a million things and click on shit blah blah blah. I'm just I'm going to so you go, mate.
Speaker 2: There's a degree of orange with it.
Speaker 1: Is a mild degree. They talked about the conflags or the flame strikes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the conflag specifically, Like if you get a cont flag on the Heeler, it can be a real ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least the conflag is real. It's only a five second con flag, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it takes you down to almost nothing and it has a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh but it only takes you know, like the conflag itself doesn't do damage, does it. I thought it was only if you're standing in the flame strike?
Speaker 2: No, it deals damage?
Speaker 1: Okay, health away, Oh I hadn't noticed. Okay, Well, look here's the thing. I will talk about the encounter because it's not like it's a fucking super secret raid boss or anything.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We've been hesitant to divulge too much that people haven't seen yet on the show, but in terms of spoilers, but you know, people are starting to see this now and I feel like doing a little bit of a class on the encounter. Do you guys think that's okay to talk about on the show or do we leave it for people to figure out? I leave it, leave it all right, we can leave it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: I will say though that I've done it with a lot of pun I've done it a ton ouber a ton because I had two of my cheer pieces come out of there, probably more than any other dungeon end the game dungeon. And even with I thought it was a bunch of pugs who have never done it before. And if you just take I've taken the time to like I was like all right, time out. I'm gonna explain this, and I just write out, like pretend they're in kindergarten, and I just write out everything he does. These are mechanics, is are strategies. Is the order of the seals. I make sure I'm not one of them so I can back someone up if they mess up. And it's for you know, some players get it and some players don't. But I don't think it's a pug killer if you just if you just take the time to explain to people, it can be done. It's like you have a brain, it can be done, and the fight doesn't really ask that much of you. I feel like the strat undead the Baron fight is actually takes more skill, it's more difficult on people, and it's a bigger gear check than trackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, it's just a question of you know, taking that time to communicate. But then also, like I agree that the average Wow classic gamer will struggle with this encounter because the average Wow Classic gamer can't get their head around much more than a tank and spank. That's just the pure reality. And even worse on the private service scene, where like we have kept noting it seems like the skill level, you know, if it even could does go down a little bit on a private server. So I've I've really not seen much of it because, like I said, I've been exclusively running guild runs. Did my first fucking park last night, which I gancel, but you know, two out of the five people in the party were guilties. But yeah, I'd be interested to hear from more and more of you as you start to see this stuff, whether you think for some reason Epoch crosses the line in terms of difficulty. You know, I still haven't done a Princess fight. Sorry, not the Princess fight, you know, the end of BRD. I haven't done that, boss, I haven't done a strath yet. All I've done is Scholar, LBRs and ub r S, and I fucking love, love, love love all three of them. I love the last encounter of LBRs. I love what they did with the dogs. I just I just think that there they've been on point in terms of we're just gonna ask a little bit more from the players in dungeons, and it's really good.
Speaker 6: That's been great.
Speaker 7: Can I say one thing about that? Yeah, I'm not sixty yet, so I haven't tried party or your burs or anything like that. But I'm loving they increased the difficulty of it. There is a Shade of Iranicus and sung on Temple, which.
Speaker 6: Is, oh yeah, it's hard, much fucking.
Speaker 7: Harder than he is on Classic.
Speaker 1: Did you get it down?
Speaker 7: And no, I didn't, But I personally I don't care. It was fun. I loved it.
Speaker 10: A pretty big difficulty spike.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we were all like fifty two, so it was like we needed we needed like higher level. It's it was fine. I didn't mind, but getting a getting a group to song Con Temple is a fucking bitch. Like people are not queuing up for that dungeon. And I'm guessing because of Shade of.
Speaker 1: Her Arm because they've heard yeah, and.
Speaker 7: So I mean, I think it's a bit overspiked, sure, but I would have I would have been been able to go, like at fifty four, fifty five. Maybe I'm fifty five now almost fifty six, but I haven't been able to get a group for it.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard. I haven't heard from anyone in the Countdown Guild that has killed Shide of Iranicus. So you might be onto something that maybe it is a bit too high. Sorry, say again, who is that?
Speaker 10: I say, me and Jagant are both killed? Shit of eranic?
Speaker 1: Oh you got it? Oh very good? What did you think of it?
Speaker 10: It was tough, it's not. It's a no joke fight. I mean you need to know the mechanic of what's going to happen and be ready for it and have the right comp for it and be a little bit over leveled. So and it's a pretty big spike too from the typical fights you've been doing. Even though the rest of the fights are harder, it's a level above so I can definitely see what the people are struggling to do.
Speaker 7: That. I was the only cash there in the group, and that was just an ogo.
Speaker 4: That's a specific thing that you have to do in order to kill it. You have to take him out of his boss room and into the center chamber.
Speaker 1: That oh speaking of, Well, we'll do a full kangaroo court later on. But just before I forget, you mentioned the run that we went to. No, sorry, this was a different one our last run in LBRs lads. Actually no, sorry, I'm lying, I'm lying. Where where were we? Yeah, we're same group smite as Priests and everything we did LBRs and speaking of dragging bosses to other rooms, I'm gonna kangaroo court the fuck out a smite who we go in. We go into the last boss's room and he's like, oh, do you guys know that Cheese strapped for this one? And we were like, no, what is it? And he goes, so you dragged the boss and pull it all the way across the bridge back to the other room that we just came from, and the ads can't find you, and you just fight the boss with ads and we were like, all right, we'll give it a go. But as soon as he said it, I was thinking in my head like, does he mean Epoch or on like Anniversary servers? So you pull the boss straight away, you start dragging him back, and as we're crossing the bridge, I finally say out loud, hey, Smite, do you mean this works on Epoch, Like you've actually done this on Epoch or are you talking about other servers you've played before? And he goes, oh, I mean other Servers, And like, oh the fuck, you're fucking killing me. That would have been some great information to have before we did this fall and lo and behold the ads spawn and just b line towards us. They can absolutely find us, and now we are fighting the weirdest close quarters skirmish of all time in that tiny little corridor with like three ads and the fucking final boss. I don't know how we got through that fight, but we did it. And I was like, we just dug in, you know, it was I wanted to kill him. I wanted to kill him. I was feming, But anyway, we got it done. Sorry Kangaroo record for that. That that one for Smite for sure. But anyway, so back to we're talking about Shade of Iranicus. So that's good that you guys got that one done. Anybody, Yeah you go for it.
Speaker 6: Mate, Yeah, I totally. Even though I'm glazing the ends dungeons I think are all perfect in terms of balance. I think it's okay to ask players a little bit more because it is it's more rewarding, and it's not like miss you know, we're not talking about retail level of mechanics. They're simple mechanics. They do punish you, but like they were, teamwork and communication and it's not too much to ask you, especially since they're no raids out right now and they're kind of like the end game, uh, the end game content for the server. So I think it's they're totally reasonable, but for a leveling dungeon for Shade Ranicus and levels, some of the mobs are like forty eight when you start off in Sunken Temple. And so I think there's two things that went on. One, the boss is too hard. There's no and there's no like increase. They didn't really increase the loot tables for him. There's no rule increase rewards for how hard he is. And then there's no h And also there's also I think a hangover from sad doing that doing that place for you know, a lot of people did that place for like four months straight. So think there are a combo of things there there. And I think the mechanic is really fun. I like the mechanic they made. It's it's good. But I think he's just he's just just too much health. And I think the mechanic also spawned it's I don't want to ruin the mechanic, but they could have done it in a ways where it's not as punishing or doesn't anyway that's too much. And I think that some of the lower dungeons are too have I think some of the lower dungeons, like the new deadlines is too I think it's too much. Not that it's it's hard really, but it kind of it kind of requires people. The health is too much, it takes too long. And yeah, it's fun in the first time, but for leveling I just don't anything under forty. The dungeons I don't think should be that difficult because it forces people to spec or not forces, but it really encourages people to expect tank spec healer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get I guess that's shorts.
Speaker 6: And SHORTI of healers. I think post for once you get due expect, then I think it's it's okay. But like I think you should be able to tank before forty you should fuld a tank, dungeons and ener GPS BAC you should will heal them in their GPS spec.
Speaker 1: I will agree that they're not that hard.
Speaker 6: I just think for the lower end players it it uh and even for the highering players they're just they're just all thinking about efficiency, you know, like while go to a dungeon, they might just think, why I go to duneons I can't find a tank and yeah, very small point.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think you spot on at that. I agree, whereas you know I'm sitting here glazing it over the difficulty. You know, I I personally like, I think Dead Minds is in a great space. I think well and everything was in a great space, but up to a point where I agree with you, where it's all well and good for me to sit here as a warlock and be like, yeah, I've seen no fucking dramas with it. You know, I think every dungeon has had a really good level of difficulty. But like I do agree because I've been thinking of it the last few days that once you cross that sort of level thirty five threshold and you get to say Glittermerk, and now you're doing these you know, quote unquote more serious dungeons. There is a night and day difference between being a tank SPEC or a dedicated healer SPECK, and it's more on the tanks and healers now, whereas DPS just gets to do whatever the fuck they were doing. But like you shouldn't, you shouldn't handicap the tank and the healers to now have to make a really really critical decision, do I hamstring my leveling experience and level as a tank or a healing spec or do I pay the money to chop and change between the two. It's it. I do want difficult dungeons, but you one hundred percent correct. You shouldn't not forced tanks and healers to make that difficult choice and have to be not that, not that they have to be, but they really should be tank or healing specs to do the dungeons because they are relatively difficult. And like I know that, you know, were I leveling a fucking paladin? Like I know you can and people say it's more optimal to level as why or whatever, but like, you know, you want a level as red sometimes. You know, if you're if you're a fucking warrior, you don't want a level as PROD. If you're a shaman, you don't want a level as Resto. You know, Mike is saying he made this exact point weeks ago, and yeah, it's come up before it, And I as I see more and more of the content, I really find myself vigorously agreeing with you guys that that is a design flaw in that they were doing the right thing and raising the difficulty and making these dungeons more engaging. Perhaps the need to speck down those trees is a fault because like people just it's it's too hard logistically on people's either their wallets or just their leveling times.
Speaker 6: It makes you more specific. I know there's gonna be people in the comments saying, you know, just get good. You know, it's not that hard. The mechanics are great, the increased mechanics are great, and it isn't that hard. It's just the health pools of these mobs are increased so much that if you take too much damage, like if you're not spect as a tank, you know, because you can easily hold threat as reht, you know you have consecrate, you have righteous fear, and you have a tent and say that you know warriors every class it's fine, But if you take too much damage, you know, your heal go out of mata and also just takes too long to kill the trash for like an official run, if you're not spect tank or healer, you have to drink too much. So it's not like you can't do it, but you'll just annoy the You'll just annoy the other people in your group. So yeah, you definitely can do it unspect but you'll just you know, make everyone wait longer and they'll get annoyed at you.
Speaker 11: One thing I want to add to that, though, is like one of the dumb things though, boys, is that like Vanilla has, like some of the dungeons have like egregiously large gaps in the levels of the boss to the levels of the actual dungeon. Like I also couldn't kill Askrakias or Ukranius or whatever his name was, the Sunken Temple boss because he's like level fifty five and like most of the dungeon is like level fifty one, and he and then they added like way harder mechanics to him also, so it's like not only is he slightly over leveling everybody, but he also is super hard now. And Old Man is also another example where the last boss is just way higher level than everyone.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, I forgot about him. He's fucking hard.
Speaker 11: Maradon right, like Princess is like fifty two compared to the like the rest of the dungeons like forty eight. You know, like it's I don't know, sometimes those last bosses being to a higher level, but like maybe they need to either lower the last boss level if they're.
Speaker 9: Going to be adding a ton of mechanics or just you know, maybe.
Speaker 11: Just leaving them being a higher level as the mechanic and getting a lot more missus and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I now we're now officially referring to those things as as krakenness and older man. So thank you, very smart. I didn't realize you were here. Just whoever was about to jump in, just jump in in three seconds. I just want to say this to smite. I didn't realize you were here. Somit. Do you want to answer for your crimes in kangaroo court that I just lodged at you?
Speaker 9: Guilty, dude, I so guilty. That was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You were so confident, and I was like, you know, you know when you know when you hear in someone's voice that they're almost too confident, And I was like, hang.
Speaker 11: On, yeah, yeah, no, I I read lead an anniversary. So I just I need that false bravado to get me, me and the boys through stuff, right.
Speaker 1: So I love it. I love it. I'm going to come back to you soon on healing as a priest who was just about to jump in before please go nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So they I feel like they made most of the bosses like se seeable. So especially with like Ournicus, like you can hibernate him and then just deal with the ads and then.
Speaker 1: Wait, there you go.
Speaker 6: I hear him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because you can fear him. You can hibernate him, and then you just deal with the ads. You can see him in a little manner, and then you do it again.
Speaker 1: You can fear him, and.
Speaker 12: I feel like you can fear him.
Speaker 7: I actually had no.
Speaker 1: Idea there you go, because we just don't. We don't think to try because we're so used to CC does not work on bosses. Is the mantra running through our heads exactly?
Speaker 12: I think I think it's I don't think it's a bug. I think it's intentional, where like, yeah, we're gonna make this harder, but we're also going to give you another out. And are you going to think that.
Speaker 1: You yeah, we have we made it harder. Question Mark, use your heads, think outside the box.
Speaker 6: That's kind of awesome, that's.
Speaker 1: Really cool to know. I really well, now I'm flipping. Now I'm going you know what, where the but this this is part of what I've been saying, Yak, is that like I've hinted at this last week in talking to Vestige, where I'm like, and we'll have a big laugh about a certain priest issue that came up this week as well. But I've sort of been hinting at Ah, you know, I know it's that I always do the skinner meme of you know, am I so out of touch? Or is it the children who are wrong? But like, are we the problem in that we're being almost arguably held back by our preconceived beliefs about the game. It's like I said this a million times during SOD, you're not playing Wow Classic. You're playing SOD as SOD is not Wow Classic, and Wow Classic is not SOD. You are playing a new game. Effectively figure it out. And the mantra exists for Epoch as well. You're not playing Wow Classic, you're playing Epoch. The rules are different, but we struggle to get away from the shackles of the rules that we've dealt with, the rule set that we've played under for fucking twenty years. And if you just actually start to think outside the box and try new things, this server does seem to reward you.
Speaker 9: Very true, very true.
Speaker 1: So on that note, Vestige, while I remember, and like I said, you know, the question is are we the problem?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: You and Jack have been on the show the last couple of weeks going this fucking surge of light talent. It's fucking broken. When are these caun't's going to fix these bugs? This server is out of control. And I finally rolled a priest this week, like I said, and I got it to level twenty. But as soon as I hit level ten, obviously I got access to my talent tree. And it's hard because the old you know, Project Epoch website is obviously being taken down via the season desist issues, so we can't go back and check what they had on the website. But I looked at the talent straight away and I was like, okay, let me see this search of Light thing that the guys sort of keep talking about. And I read that the tool tip and I go, wait, hang on, let me read that again. And I read it again and it goes you get a free free instance Smite, and there's no reference whatsoever to a flash heel or any healing spell whatsoever. And I go, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, have these guys been saying this thing has been broken? When it's actually working exactly as intended because I looked up that on TBC. That's how the TBC talent works. It's just a free smite, nothing to do with healing. It's wrath, and later on that they introduced the healing aspect. So, in fairness to you, I was like, look, guys, one of two things has happened here, and I think one is more likely than the other where they've done a stealth change to the text, and you guys were correct. It did reference healing, and now they've gone and changed that was never intended to affect healing, so they've just, you know, now put the appropriate tooltip in the game, or they couldn't get the healing aspect working, so they've just changed it the other way around and gone off, fuck them, We'll just make it only effect smite. And we've we've gone the raging debate with a lot of tongue in cheek over the last few days, going like, did you guys seriously see the reference to healing in the tooltip or are we all going crazy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's pretty much it, because I'm still the conspiracy theory that they it was there because I messaged a GM about it. They said it was a known bug, So either that GM was just bullshitty, mean just telling that everybody, which could be the case. Maybe every bug being reported was a known bug in on it. But I swore I read it that way multiple time, and I have a feeling that it was just the Wrath client, which does include the flash heel in the text. And then maybe somebody finally realized, oh, it shouldn't be that way and they fixed it. But yeah, it made me question my own sanity for you know, hour or two yack.
Speaker 5: Oh, same thing.
Speaker 12: I when I first was going to switch to Smite Priest, I was looking at the talents and I remember Investage saying like, hey, this isn't working or it's only half working. So I looked at it and I'm like, do I even take it? Is it even worth it? And I ended up taking it anyway. But as soon as as soon as you said something about it, like only showing Smite, Mazie went up, and you know, I was looking into it a bit more while I was at work, and.
Speaker 5: I think you're right.
Speaker 12: I think it's it got poured over, the text got ported over with the Rath client, and they were like, oh, this isn't how we want it to work. Yeah, and they just shadow changed it.
Speaker 1: I reckon they changed the text, But can you appreciate it from my point of view where I began tearing my hair out going. If I've had to listen to these fucking caun'ts talk rage about this bug for the last couple of weeks and it wasn't a bug, they just misread it, I'm going to lose my mind.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it was very possible.
Speaker 10: It's very possible. I don't discount my own stupidity sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Anyway, boys going off of that. So that's a kangaroo caught on YouTube. Perhaps perhaps the jury's out on that one.
Speaker 10: Sci Fi also agreed with us. I want to say we're part of the Priest Union.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, the powerful Priest Union. The Priest Union is, the Priest Union is powerful and growing with vestige. Yak. Sci Fi smites myself now on an alt joining it, the powerful Priest rising up. Now, look, guys, we'll get into the priest healing later on, trust me. But I just want to finish off on this discussion. Does anyone else have anything to add a lot of you guys asked leveling, and there's fucking nothing wrong with that. It's a long journey. Does anyone else have anything to say pros or cons about the difficulty of dungeons along the leveling journey or even at sixty speak now or forever hold your silence, No, okay.
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's mark your Yeah.
Speaker 13: I feel with the difficulty is spike is great. Also, I disagree on the you know it being too difficult in the early levels. I feel if you just have a good set of gear for you know your offspect, not needing to actually you don't need to be suspect into proper respected healing. You just need to get yourself half decent gear and you can still get it done.
Speaker 1: Too easy.
Speaker 7: It really sounds like just get good.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, but the answer yeah.
Speaker 13: It encourages like the whole player base to level of their game. Also, I'm on the on the side of encouraging people to level as their spec builds better tanks and healers.
Speaker 5: It gives you a.
Speaker 13: Like a class identity that sticks with you along the way. You think of yourself as the tank, you think of yourself as the healer. You're not Oh, I'm gonna just you know, step into this dungeon and and and tank it because there's no other choice. It's like, I want to tank this thing. I want to heal this thing. So therefore I inspect into that even though my leveling you know, takes a hit, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make because I'm willing to go all in into that.
Speaker 5: Into that class fantasy now.
Speaker 13: Having a a leveling as a prop warrior and as a Holy pally.
Speaker 8: So that just results unless dungeons happening though, right, like most of the level of damage dealers, because that's the better questing specs. And I don't know, I can appreciate the class fantasy aspect, you know, like I love being a prop paladin when I play a paladin, but I don't love being arrested shaman when I play a shaman.
Speaker 2: And I have been the main healer and so many fucking dungeons that I can promise.
Speaker 8: You I would not have held healed any of those dungeons if it weren't for dual spec for.
Speaker 1: Example, absolute true, but taking a heat for the guild.
Speaker 8: Right, it would just have resulted in wayless dungeons getting done and just way less content being seen and less game getting played.
Speaker 1: I love it. Sorry, sorry you got.
Speaker 7: I have to I have to agree with about this back and like Vanilla, I leveled a Rusta Drewid, and I leveled as a rustl droid like all the way, which is in hundset was fucking stupid and was fucking hard, but we didn't know any better, so we're just dead.
Speaker 1: I must say that's going mate.
Speaker 7: No, I just and I'm just saying as as and I think of myself as a rust Druid. Like every every step since I'm in retail, I'm arrested droid, always have been, always will be.
Speaker 1: All right, apologies guys, iways I seem to interrupt a lot, but it's the host in me. I dive in to save dead air. So if someone takes a long pause, I'll jump in and go and say something anything to stop to stop the what they call dead air in radio. But that's just the wido in me. So apologies for that. Alcoa, MRK. If I can come back to you and just say, uh, you know, I I completely appreciate what you're saying, and you know, no one's wrong here. It's a preference issue. You are getting a fair bit of pushback, you know, from Mike our boy Boils of Steel is going nuts in twitch chat against you, Merk going no, and as some of the guys are saying here, that's ridiculous. You've got to get people into the content. Fuck the immersion, blah blah blah. But you know, I'm sure you appreciate the opposite side of the argument as well.
Speaker 13: Oh, definitely, I can appreciate and sympathize, and to a certain degree I do. I do think that if your goal is to just get people to experience the content, then then yes, you should be able to just dual spec it and do spec should be free so everybody can just switch whatever the needle rises. But I do feel that that dilutes the character identity of players. And in a perfect world we have enough healers and thanks to do all the content. And the reality, especially the reality of a private server, is that you have a limited amount of population and you do need to take those aspects in order to get the things done.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll keep you going, Merk, just because I'll tell a funny story mate. I was wondering, have you heard the funny story about our questions surrounding you to this point or not I have not Okay, all right, I'll tell you a very funny story. So now, if you don't mind me getting a little slightly personal, please do not answer any questions you're not comfortable with answering. Merkshield. The guys have loved you. You fit really well into the guild, your fan favorite. Mate. Am I detecting a Mexican accent?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 13: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Very good? Now, I think I know where you're from. Do you mind if I say so on the show or do you want me to keep that secret?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're from TJ, right, that's right, very good.
Speaker 7: I have been there.
Speaker 1: I've done a day in TJ. I know all about it. When I was a younger man, a very younger man. I was like fourteen when I was there. But mate, you and your spot in this guild was a behind your back, a topic of great discussion amongst the higher ups in the guild, amongst Ubiquitous, myself and Marcus and Arcos, We were like, who's this Mrkshield guy? Who's this Murkshield guy? The reason being there was just when the server launched, people might remember from about three or four episodes ago, our old friend Tim from the Classic team jumped in on a podcast recording and we were talking about you know, Pop launching and Blizzard needing to do better with their Classic plus and match what Epoch has done, and we were having a back and forth, and all I'll say is after that interaction, speculation was rife on whether or not anyone from Blizzard would actually try Epoch and we were like, Dragon, the Blizzard guys actually roll a tune on this server and give it a go, you know, just to poke their heads around and see what kind of things people are liking or not liking with private servers, and whether or not they recycle any of those ideas with what they're doing. And so we were like, yeah, I wonder if Tim's playing. I wonder if Tim's playing. And then we started sort of like playing the guessing game of if Tim were playing in any aspect on this server, you know, would he join the Countdown guild and if so, who would he be? And so we knew there was fuck all chance Tim was probably playing on the server or playing with us, but we thought, on the one percent chance a year, who would it be? And all our Sherlock Holmes hats were put on, and we firmly kept coming back to you Murkshield because we were like, hmm, well, this guy's name is Merkshield and he's often online with another person in the guild called oaken Shield, and we were like, oh, we think oaken Shield is a grind because that's a dwarf paladin with an RP name, and that's something a grend would do with no fucking evidence whatsoever. To prove that, we just said, yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll convince ourselves that that's what's going on. And then we were like, this Murkshield guy is always on and seems to be leveling with oaken Shield, and we were like, oh, I bet you murk Shield is tim and oaken Shield is a grand and we knew the chances were, like I say, very very very low. So we started like getting the guys to prod you for like mildly and as I asked them to do it, as you know, sort of cloak and daggery as they could and not be obvious that they were trying to find out more about you. Our costs blew that out of the water. One day when he did a Dungeon with you and was doing stuff like so is anyone here from the USA, like that's how he found out where you're from and stuff, and we were like and when we found out you were from TJ, I was like, there is no fucking way anyone in this guild is from TJ. There is zero chance. And I was like, that's it. Tim confirmed, he's lying, same time zone and everything. He plays a warrior. Tim loves to play a warrior. It's you know, done and dusted. And even though, like I say, we kept laughing that there was fuck all chance this was true, but it's what we liked to convince ourselves. So now having heard all that and hearing obviously your voice on the podcast, Merk, I guess I can confirm that it's true. You are not the head of the Wow Classic team.
Speaker 5: Would you say, I'd say that's a fair assessment.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good, very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the way you talked, because you were very you have got.
Speaker 6: Like that, I know.
Speaker 1: But also we were analyzing I swear to god, this is we're so dumb like this. We were analyzing everything you said, like it was the fucking zodiac letters where we were like, oh, he speaks so politely, and look at the good grammar that he's sorry, so look at the grammar and sentence structure that he's using. I reckon, this is Tim. He talks like that, Oh God, we're such fuck weds.
Speaker 7: Ha ha.
Speaker 5: That's fucking insane.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It is insane. But anyway, that's that's the Tim. If you're listening to this, please have a laugh about that. But anyway, moving on from that, I just want to say I think it's fair to address an issue that's been brought up in twitch chat just now. I have certain feelings towards it. I'd like to hear what your guys thoughts are. We've got a person who's just found the podcast, who's for the first time, and he's saying, like, hey man, you know I played epoch, but I quit yesterday, Like you know, they're not telling us what's happening with the server and there's only two thousand people online. You know, I was told I was promised there was going to be ten to fifteen. K I've got relatively strong thoughts about this that I'll tee off on, but I'd maybe invite you guys to speak first about like how have you guys felt about the feel of the server the last week, and like I said, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Numbers are going down. How do you feel about that? How do you feel about the roadmap issue and everything? And does that deter you in any way from playing what Epoch has to offer.
Speaker 11: I feel like it almost doesn't matter what's real. It just matters, like the perception of it, if that makes sense. Like a lot of people don't know like what we know about how like the guys are probably still working on it in the shadows and just like Hit like threw up the stealth cloud like the I think in a previous podcast you were saying, like it's almost like the Facebook meme where all the old people would be like I do not consent to my photos being used or whatever. And with that being the case, like a lot of people on the server don't know that they think that they were actually one hundred percent abandoned and it might not have a few future and Bronze Beard's just gonna snake all the people.
Speaker 8: We don't know that also, like that's super speculative on our part, and I don't think there's a broad consensus within the countdown community as to that being the case, because I'm personally of the no I think they've fucking failed kind of opinion personally, But after.
Speaker 11: Four years of working on a project to just like at the first drop of the hat, I know that it's a little bit more serious than maybe they had thought.
Speaker 9: But that's kind of wild.
Speaker 8: I think they made their money what money they were going to make from it, and but that's we don't need to get into this, just the point being that like we don't know, nobody knows well, we.
Speaker 1: Can talk about we can talk about what we do know. And like I said, I'll reframe it again as like you guys read the subreddit, you log on the game every day and you see what you see, and I'm asking you what do you see? Are you bothered at all by a slight dip in the numbers from let's say even just over the last week, let's say like ten fifteen percent of people have walked away from the game or whatever, or you know, if you're doing your I think the census start is still being run and is still quite strong. And to trust me, I'm going to go pretty heavy on this when you guys are done so I'm just holding back for now. I want to hear what you think has the look of the server and the information we have about the future of the server over the last seven days done anything to affect the way you think about Epoch.
Speaker 6: Last year I said no, they made essentially made a public statement that they've got raid plans and the works and the debt team. I don't know why. I mean, maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but they've already said that. There's an lefe to say, well, I don't expect them. I don't expect them to have to build a find a new dev team in like a week and to get this stuff done like they inherited an incredibly buggy server. They weren't they weren't expecting to become developers. That wasn't a deal, and the poppyple dropped out. So I think it's going to take a while. So I don't expect to hear from them anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Let me ask this question of the crowd, because this is going to factor in largely into what I say at the end of this. Does anyone he seriously believe that the raids are not going to be released on Project Epoch? No, No, I'm going to take yet they're coming. So everyone here would would would would sign up to that that at some point in time, raids are going to be released and this server is just going is not just going to be ditched with like no first tier of raid content ever coming to it.
Speaker 10: No, No, I think there could be a possibility.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell him talk to me Vestage, talk to me about why you think that's a possibility.
Speaker 10: If find if they can't find a proper dev team in time, and the server gets to a population level where they don't think it's salvageable, would they bother investing all this time into a server that they think is really not gonna last long and it's gonna cost them money and they're not cash shop for I could see them just then saying Okay, well it is what it is, and we're just gonna milk whatever we have left on it and let Epoch die. So you'd see thatsiness perspective.
Speaker 1: You would effectively be I know where you're coming from. But you would also effectively, as part of that argument, be saying that that's gonna happen within the next four to six weeks.
Speaker 8: I mean, what is the assurance that the raids are gonna come out in the next four to six weeks to take counter you're You're like, for all we know, it could be months, it.
Speaker 12: Could will timeline, but the sorry you got it's already been announced, like they we already know they have that first tier made ready to launch, so like.
Speaker 8: Well, the Maid and ready to launch, and not by the previous announcements that should already be out now, shouldn't it. Like maybe I'm not as I'm not in the Ascension discord, so like maybe I'm fucking way off base, But like I feel like given the time, we've only been given a time frame once, and that time frame was given to us by the oldie Park team, and I think it's reasonable to, you know, be unsure. I'm still all in for this, but I also like could give a shit about pugs, right, I'm only doing dungeons if.
Speaker 2: Y'all are on, and I'm happy to raid with just you guys.
Speaker 8: But like, I like, you know, the server is definitely from like an economy standpoint, I think there might be slightly less options up like I haven't, or maybe it's more just the big Chase epics maybe are better known. So they're not on the auction house as much anymore as they once were. But I don't think it's unreasonable to have vestiges, you know, reserved kind of opinion as about shit.
Speaker 10: Well, I wouldn't. I mean, I'm not going to say it's what I think is going to happen. I can just see from a business perspective that if the Epoch team left and they have to get a whole new dev team, that's going to cost money. And if they get to the point where they say, the money that we think we're going to bring in is going to be less than the cost to run the server and pay for a whole new team and do all these other stuff, I could see them making a decision that it's just not worth long term for them to do that. Do I want that to happen, No, But I could see.
Speaker 2: A plane out, yeah, totally.
Speaker 8: Like if bron Spear takes off and they're like, oh shit, this is a cash cow, they might want to just pour all of their manpower resources into that. I don't personally expect that to happen, because I don't. I think a big part of what makes epop great is that it's not pay to win, and the problem with all of Ascension's other servers is that they are so you know, I'm expecting rates to happen, but I don't think it's impossible that we might be two months from now going like I would really love for MC to come out looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm I mean, nothing's impossible. We used to say this in court all the time, where someone makes a weird statement about possibility and it's like, nothing's impossible. But I the reason I discussed this is like, I just I don't see it happening, like none of them. I have not been moved in any way about all this news about the Epoch team leaving. We're looking for new devs, you know, no roadmap, and I know it's frustrated. It's not like I don't think about it at all, but I've just not been moved from my position of well, I mean, the raids are going to come out at some point, and it's not I'm sure they're not going to do it at a stupid point in time. You know, do I expect the raids next week?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: A lot of people are still leveling, you know, do I think that the raids won't be out in four months. Yeah, I think that's probably a little bit long. I think they'll be out before then. But like my point is, I think that you know, Epoch still has a healthy population and raids. You know, it's not going to be not that it's not happened necessarily in the past, but it's not going to be the first major private server that just launches and goes you know what, Yeah, we're we're winding it up. We're actually we're just because like if you don't release the first raids here, you effectively have to close the server, right, Like that's it. You are pulling up stumps. You're saying, you know what, we thought this was a good idea, but we're not actually doing it now. After all, like team the Ascension team, even though we don't know the behind the scenes deal, the logic would be that they paid money for this content. They went to Epoch and worked out a deal, and some form of finances would have been traded for this content to be hosted on Ascension servers. I just don't get carried away with them paying an amount of money for this shit, having thousands of players playing here at the moment, and and so you never never ever, ever, ever, let fuck with start to tell you that the server is dead when there's fucking like, you know, over five thousand people playing on it or whatever, like I just you know that they're they're they're trying to root it on, they're trying to get the snowball running down the hill collecting more snow because they are agents of chaos who just, for whatever reasons, celebrate dead servers. I'm not saying never call a server dead. I've called servers dead in the past, But it's when they're you know, pulse has actually been checked and they've been cold and dead in the ground for quite some time that you pronounce them dead, as opposed to when they're you know, walking around the block to get coffee and you're like, look at that dead guy, like it's everything's fine at this point in time. And to sort of suggests that this server right now, which is running a pretty regulation life cycle for a private server, if not better, would just not have raid content released for it because they now deem it not to be a feasible business model, I think is bizarre. I don't get it. Like I said, is of course it's possible, but anything's possible. It's a moot point to say something's possible. Well, they possibly could decide not to release raid content. Of course, they could also possibly decide to fucking go and sit on an iron pole tomorrow. Anything's possible. We're talking about probabilities.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I fundamentally I think we're probably on the same page, and I largely agree. But I guess, I guess maybe I have an even lower opinion of the average Wow player base than you do. And thus I think it's entirely like it's like where like a bank run, right, where it's all fine until it suddenly isn't And ultimately perception is reality. And if a bunch of fuck wits decide like, you know, we don't want to put our time into the server anymore despite it being awesome, right, then the devs, if the money is not there for them, they will just go like, well that that investment didn't pan out, you know. And I think it'll be a real shame because like I'm you know, I'm leveling my alt but like my sixty, I'm like, as far as I'm concerned, I know I can make him better.
Speaker 2: He's ready to go on AMC. You know, I've been playing it more than most people, but like you know, I'm happy to.
Speaker 8: Just level on all and I'm like, you know, right now I'm playing worse gulch on the level nineteen that I've decided to stop gaining experience on.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's most wild.
Speaker 8: Players, and I think it's very much within the possibility, within the cards of just like, oh it was a fomo thing, it was flavor of the month, and like you know, the two thousand players remaining, they no longer consider worth catering.
Speaker 1: I just want to make a couple of points lest I be accused of being toxically positive, because I want to stress two things that I agree with you guys on. Don't get me wrong. While I think the server is perfectly healthy, I am alarmed by how much the number went down. If this server had no hype and it was sitting at where it's at right now, it would be a perfectly what's the word I'm looking for, like positive surprise to light of a server. Holy shit, there's thousands of people playing on this thing. Let's go check it out. Oh my god, Like it would be a great, fucking great private server. And it is a great private server. But it's been a victim of its own hype. Where the weirdest thing is we keep coming back to those sixty fifty thousand people that joined the discord that again we always say half of them could have been bots. But then also, you know, thirty five thousand people logged on on day one, But now we've worked out that half of those people were fucking just week one tourists. But the number has the number has dwindled so much from where that insane level of Internet hype. And this is content. I mean, I'm a content creator, but like the content creators just drumming this thing up so much. And don't get me wrong, I think it's worthy of the hype this server. If you haven't fucking guessed, I am absolutely reaming the asshole of because I think it's fantastic. Not without its flaws, but it's a fantastic experience. Is the point that I've dedicated all my content to it over the last month, but it had such like a higher bar set for that. Now people like I say, they're seeing what is the natural progression of regression in terms of numbers on a private server, And now they're all sort of going like, oh, it's d D dead Dead Dead Dead dead because it's not at thirty thousand anymore. Now it's a ten thousand or the number is settling, and they're like, Noah, fuck this this thing's over. It's it's not how it fucking works. But I mean, like we say, like Turtle Wow started with like two or three hundred people and grew into the leviathan that it did. If Epoch starts at a settled number of you know, five to ten k and goes on for some time, then that's great. But again I'll also add that I agree with you guys that the lack of a roadmap at this point. Whilst I wouldn't say, like, how would I put this if they dropped it in like two weeks, fine whatever, I'm not. I'm not the guy saying like drop it today or else personally, but I am fully aware that I don't have the rationale of the average private server player. So I think that the release of the timeline is becoming more and more important if they don't want to continue to bleed players, because most like I would, you know, fucking the vast majority of players on this server very fucking clearly need to be explicitly told that the server is not being abandoned by the devs and that here's your roadmap. You're getting MC on this date, BWL on this date, or whatever it might be. And if they don't get spoon fed that information, they'll just walk away. Even if they're having fun, they don't care, They'll just walk away because they have It's like this. This is an incredibly facetious way to put this, guys, And I am being slightly tongue in cheek when I make this analogy, but feel free to shoot me down, because I find I've kind of got a foot in both pools here of being for you and against you, where it's kind of like being told sorry. It's kind of like the situation where if I'm not explicitly told with assurances that the sun will come up tomorrow, well I'm I'm not interested in anything because I don't know that there's going to be a day after today. What do you mean you can't assure me next week will be a thing. Well, I'm not going to do anything now. If i I'm out, I'm done. If next if tomorrow is not going to be a thing, if next week is not going to be a reality. I'm done. Like I just, I just have faith that the sun will come up tomorrow and that I will be around next week doing whatever the next chapter in my life is. And I kind of somewhat apply that to private servers in now. Don't get me wrong before you get too angry in a way in that I'm having fun.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to keep doing the dungeons and the content, and I have all the faith in the world that this isn't going to be the one private server that has thousands of players that goes you know what, Yeah, decided just to pull the pin we're gonna take, take this, pull the plug on this server and just never release a raid, be super weird and just do that. Like I just, I just don't think that's gonna happen. So I continue to plod along with the faith that this will be business as usual as far as we our servers go. But like I'm saying, I don't want to take away from the point that most players aren't like me, and they should probably just release the fucking information to make all the fucking far twitchier people out there have their hearts put at rest. Does that make sense as a rant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's about where I am as well.
Speaker 8: But like I said, I think I have an even lower opinion of the average wild player than you, and thus, you know, I am more concerned for the lack of uh you know, Timeline, not because I'm personally concerned. I can play this with just us forty people and have a lot of fun because the server is fucking amazing and it's it's the exact kind.
Speaker 2: Of classic plus I want.
Speaker 8: But you know, they're a business and they're trying to make money. And if they they if they lose their lightning in a bottle and they and they managed to capture it with their alternative products, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they would just divert their resources to where they're making their money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't they know that people come back. It's some people like that aren't playing are going to delete their accounts. They're just not playing. So if a rig gets announced, they're they're gonna log back up.
Speaker 1: And I'm fully aware Lass and I don't necessarily begrudge players that have done this. I'm fully aware that there probably are a decent amount of people that have either gotten to sixty or gotten relatively high in their leveling journey and have gone. You know what, just for security sake, I will tap out until the roadmap is released. I've no doubt those players exist.
Speaker 6: And haven't they already assured us that the raid's coming? Like, do we want them to say that.
Speaker 1: We've been told, We've been told the rate content is done, it is ready for release. The T one T two content is done and it exists. It has been made. Whether it's been tested or not, is it well, they had a beta, but whether it's been tested or not is a different question. But it's not something that they have to make. It's just a matter of releasing it.
Speaker 6: So I think it's gonna come out. But they've got a lot they still have work to do with, you know, the level of content still has bugs need to work out. Yeah, and they don't have a team. They don't have a team dedicated to it because they've got their other Serve Bronze per coming out, so they need to our people to do it's it's going to take time. I think it's smart. Not that rough.
Speaker 12: Worried me the most was the change log not being updated for like nine days.
Speaker 8: For me, it's the amount of hype they seem to be trying to pour into Bronze Beard, which you know, to me it might be awesome. I really shouldn't be knocking it as hard as I internally am, but it just feels like it's an inferior and like kind of a waste of resources on their part to pour as much into it as they are.
Speaker 2: But I guess they were already planning.
Speaker 1: On doing so, so I just al, it's sorry to kick.
Speaker 8: I mean, well, it's more that I would have thought acquiring Epoch would have changed their outlook in regards to Bronze Beard, because Bronze Beard to me, just seemed like it would be the inferior product.
Speaker 2: And you know where we are now.
Speaker 8: That's maybe where I was thinking a few weeks ago. It doesn't really seem like that's the case.
Speaker 2: Al.
Speaker 1: I want to throw to you in a second, because I think you were going to say something. I do know what you mean. I'm with you. I just want to point out one really quick thing. I just want to say, like the really bad player. Sorry I mentioned something that you said earlier, but I also just want to say, like I am reading what you're saying mate, but it's hard to don't take these too personally, even though it is quite personal, it's hard to take a lot of the commentary in when like you are using terms like pump and dump and rug pool and I was promised I was promised ten to fifteen k players on this server. Like saying shit like that is such a fucking red flag to me? Is the kind of player you are, Like, I'm not sure what you do want or what you wanted out of this server, Like I just just like, are you having fun with the content, then fucking play the game, Like, don't worry about the stuff you can't control. Just you know, like you say, you decide whether or not you want to stop playing and let everyone else have fun, or you know you want to do you want that moment of you know, the I told you so, the ha ha ha. This server did turn out to be shit and I stopped playing at the right time I showed you, nerds, Or do you want to play while it's fun, enjoy the fun that you had while you had it, and then move on if it does go the way that you seem to think it's going, Like I just I hear people say things like rugpool. I'm just like, oh, for fuck's sake, like, just get a grip. Anyway, Al you were saying, were you gonna make a point.
Speaker 7: I don't, No, I don't don't think so. My wife came in.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: All good, good. Just while we're on this point, I just want to say, it made me think of another thing that happened this week and everything that we just said or that I just said about Epoch and my attitudes towards it. And I'm not trying to go like full holier than now. And you know, I am the fucking calm waters that is rattled by nothing. I am zen. Everyone just be a WOW player like me that can just fucking go with the flow. I'm not trying to do that, but I just want to highlight that it reminds me a lot of something that happened a few days ago, where, look, this podcast would have sounded very different this particular episode if I had done like the emergency recording that some people were calling for. When the news dropped that supposedly Blizzard announced well they not supposedly they did announce this, but you'll know where I'm going with this. Blizzard announced that the Classic Team's focus moving forward for the next twelve months would be on what was happening the Chinese server with these you know, sort of Titan Forge or whatever realms that are quite different from anything we get in the West. And Ian Hazacostus came out in an interview and very much so worded it specifically to say that the Classic team's only focus and priority now would be China and the Wow Classic subreddit and the countdown to Classic Discord, and everyone fucking lost their minds blew up. Oh my god, wrap it up, boys. No, like literally all the fuck with YouTubers that I fucking can't stand release their fucking thumbnails with Classic Plus is canceled. It's all done, boys, We've been hyping up something that's not even being made. Blizz did it to us again game over man, and like a couple of you were waiting on my response. And I even when I read the news like I've never I'm not trying to like make myself sound fucking cool or anything, but like I've never snored or ho hummed through news war in my life. I literally read it and when like, uh, I don't, I don't care whatever, Like they're still working on Classic plus like this doesn't change anything for me. Like if you genuinely think they're not releasing something or announcing something at Polizicon next year, I don't know what to fucking tell you, Like stop being such a fucking weird stop being such a fucking weird gamer, stop getting carried away. And everyone would be like, well, Josh, you idiot, they literally told us, And like that's where I get, like, stop being so black and white, like fucking think outside the box, use your fucking heads and just think. And everyone's like, nah, it's it's canceled.
Speaker 7: They're not.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's over. And I could have recorded an emergency podcast that day and it would have been fucking everyone on this call.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but like generically a lot of people going, oh my god, fuck you, Blase. He said, how you're gonna leave us years in the lurch. I never should have trusted you in the first place. Your fucking company shit, your shit. Imagine not making anything for us and focusing on China. Oh, I get it. There's so much more money in China.
Speaker 10: Oh woe is me?
Speaker 1: And I'm so glad I didn't do that because now I get to give this rant on this podcast because they've since come out and clarified via a Blue Post. Hey guys, fuck ow bad. We forgot and this is dumb on Blizzard's behalf. We forgot that our fucking uses, our maniacs and fucking knobs who run off with like the wildest you know, takes on any morsel of news that they get. But like Newslash guys, no, this doesn't affect our Western plans. The Classic team is still working on whatever it is they're working on. Settle the fuck down. And that's a massive paraphrasing of the Blue Post, but that was the gist and the tone of it is stop being fucking idiots. I'm so glad they said that, because that's exactly what I was going to say had the Blue Post not come out of like this is just ridiculous, just fucking we talk here about you know, if we're going to sit here and project that, the Epoch team might now not see the financial viability for moving forward with Project Epoch. Sorry, the Ascension team might go, you know what, we're just not making enough money through the shop and this player base is dwindling in numbers, we're just going to never release a raid for this thing, and you know, we just think it's feasible now to not go down this route financially if we're going to say that, but then also not presumed the Blizzard would be like, Hey, we make a lot of money out of our Classic in the West. Do you think that a Classic plus would make us a lot of money?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably, we should probably work on something like that, but then be like, nah, you know what, We're not going to do that. Fuck that we don't like money, which is totally the Blizzard line. They hate money. I just don't get it. And so like, I'm just I'm just glad that they wrote that blue post so I can sit here like a smug fuck with and go like, I'm so fucking sick of the the angry gamer. Like my my number one most hated person in the world is the angry, hyperbolic gamer and just doesn't use their fucking head to think and only lives in black and white. I just there. Sorry, Sorry if this is harsh, guys, but I'm not having a go at like any of you specifically, but just more wow, gamers in general, I've never felt less like I've never felt like I have less in common with the Wow player base than I do at the moment, Like, I'm just learning more and more about how different I am from the average wolplayer and it drives me up the wall. But anyway, how did you guys react to the news and what do you make of their clarification?
Speaker 10: I could care less.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I mean, but that is that now that you've got all the informat like did you did you? Did you react harshly at the time, or you just not cared less the whole thing.
Speaker 10: I didn't even know there was a clarification post. That's how much I didn't care. I didn't even follow up to.
Speaker 5: That stuff.
Speaker 10: But yeah, they're releasing Titan Forge in a China. Obviously that's their focus right now. They can do two things at once. They can be working on the back end for Classic Plus and then coming out with the new Titan Forge, which is their big push. And if anything, they kind of want there to be a lull, you know, what builds up hype and demand then to you know, have the void of and we just finished SODS, So they kind of want most average people to be like, Okay, I'm starting to get the hungry. I'm starting to get hungry, and they want that to Bill.
Speaker 1: WHOA hold the fucking farm here, Festiage. Are you trying to tell me what sounds like you and possibly what Lazarus is about to say? Are you gonna tell me you're capable of critical thinking?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 10: I sometimes rub two brain cells together and I happens.
Speaker 1: So so when Blizzard comes out and says we're going to be working a lot. Our priority for in the near future over the next twelve months is going to be this Chinese game. You, for whatever reason, didn't you presume that they could also still be working on Classic Plus for the West.
Speaker 10: I assume they could chew bubblegum and kick ass.
Speaker 1: You're You're insane, Lazarus, You're crazy.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: Actually, I think Vester has been kidnapped because earlier, earlier this week, he told me when he thinks sixty gratz buddy, By the way, this is the most fun he's ever had.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's not allowed to say it.
Speaker 6: I can have opinions very much, but you can't criticize what's wrong. To start and say you still have the best time in your life.
Speaker 10: You have to you have to pick it's been the I said that sixty experience, and I stand by that.
Speaker 1: I say this with all the I say this with all the love and affection in the world. But Vestige is two face. He flipped. He flips the coin every time.
Speaker 10: I am a complex person with complex opinions.
Speaker 1: Laz tell me what was your reaction to this news than now, I.
Speaker 6: Couldn't care less. I'm having the time of life. I love I love the server and Blizzards definitely, they've already confirmed they're coming out with the Classic Plus. They're not like it's just just so much money to be there's just too much money to be made there. They're already talked about They've they've done money into their legal team to send the letters out and to you know, at least with Turtle, even more aggressively with actually file a lawsuit. Like it's coming. Now. Whether I like the project or not, it is a different story. But it's definitely coming, and they're gonna put resource and they're definitely gonna put resource into it.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think that the propensity of evidence towards this being a thing, and people still like my big thing was like Blizzard has not announced Classic Plus they haven't said a fucking word about it outside of where working on something, and like people just presume that they're going to like out themselves like this news means, oh that the project that they've never talked about publicly is now all of a sudden. It's all of a sudden shelved or canceled like it just it fucking makes no sense. And I just I'm gonna get too angry. I have to throw it to someone else before I lose my mind. Anyone else please jump in it. Look, I'm not gonna get on your case. If you were one of those people that were ready to fucking throw it all the way because you were convinced Classic Plus was no longer a thing, please speak now or forever hold your silence. I know I've just said you're a fucking blah blah blah if you thought that, But we'll have a genuine conversation about it. Did anyone think that?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 1: No one, no one's game. That's that's all right. I don't blame you. Yeah, I know, okay, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just learning about this Titan for its shit right now on this car.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there you go. So it sounds like the majority of you either didn't even know or didn't even care, which is the exact same boat that I was in. So yeah, I just sorry, mate, I.
Speaker 7: Don't think I mean, nobody fucking cared to be honest, we know that Blizzard is is catering something to the Chinese. Of course they're they're they're a huge fucking market. They're gonna make make tons of money of it. So why wouldn't they come with Ian and and make and make a big as announcement that they were like the most important people in the world, that the the the Western people are losing the ship over it is, Well, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the Chinese market has become the most important market, then.
Speaker 13: So be it.
Speaker 1: Like they have a fiduciary duty to make fucking money and make the most they can. Like, if they're now going to go nuts on China, sure go nuts, But that doesn't mean they've then gone like, we don't make games for the West anymore. Anyway. Uh, what was I gonna say? I just las, do you think it's fair to say where I'm like the kind of person that says, seriously, well Classic Plus is clearly being canceled, you know, they've told us. I don't think that anything is going to happen anymore. That's the same kind of person that can't stand in the ring on general track.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I saw I'm not gonna end the persons. I don't want to promote them or drive traffic to them. But I saw clickbait when that news came out on YouTube, like oh Classic Classic canceled, and I have nothing but loathing and disrespect and just I can't stand that. It really bothers me. Yeah, but anyway, yeah, just it's definitely coming. And you know companies. You know a lot of times in business people say, you know you're by number one client, you're a numb one client. They tell everybody that they're their first, like you know the client you're talking to, they're always your number one priority. Uh I was, you can't have one hundred different number one priorities, but you don't tell them that like everybody's. You tell everybody they're the most important to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same, I've got mate. Look, I respect going for the bag on YouTube to a certain extent, like if you want to, if you want to make a clickbait title, because it drives traffic, and it's your only job and you need to make money, then so be it. But there's a difference between clickbait and just straight up like deception and poor and bad faith. And I think that I've got a massive bind to pick with most of the Wow classic YouTubers who got on this, because not only are you just doing it for the bag, you're also you're just you're fanning the flames of stupidity, and you're you're you're part of the fucking problem. You're you're you're why this fucking player base sucks is because a fuck, it's like you egging all the dickheads on. But anyway, on that fucking positive note, boys, shall we turn this ship around and get to proper Kangaroo Court territory? What do you reckon?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yah, let's fucking do it. Let's do it. Look, it's been a really good week for Kangaroo Court. There's been some fantastic submissions. I will just double check now and see if anyone who made Did anyone make a submission? Who's here live on the call?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, al can you? I can see your submission? Now? Do you want to tell your story with as much drama? And effect as you can.
Speaker 7: Hold shit. Okay, Well, we were going for arena in the in sunkthan well the new thing. I was like level forty forty one something that doesn't matter, and we had a group for it, and we were waiting at the at the arena and there was a group before us, and we just patiently waited and they were killing posts of the boss of the boss until they came to the last boss and I wiped on it. Okay, no big deal. They go again, and they wipe again, like they didn't stand a chance. Like it. It got to like seventy percent. And then the one I do think it was the tank that called out for help and we were like the only group around, so we just we said sure, why not, and they started and and I did like a lash yell like let's kill this fucker or or something like the other the war and the war cry. Like I was like I was pumped.
Speaker 1: And anyways, I started blasting yep, grab his deacon, twist it do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I pulled that grow, which well, okay, fine, And I was thinking when I pulled a girl whole ship, I'm gonna die whatever, I'll just pump as much as I can, and and so I did, but I didn't know that I was standing too far away from like the middle of the arena.
Speaker 1: I was like in the ramp in the yeah, just outside of the bounds of the arena.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And so when he came to me and was about to smack me in the hat, he disappeared and they and so it like they failed it. And I was like, oh all right, and they went fucking pershirk. They just they lost the ship. They were like they were they were shouting things at me and and I got whispers from the shaman, like a lot of cruel stuff, and I was like, oh shit, they're not kidding. And I went mad. I went fucking mad. So I responded to the shaman and not so well, not so kind words I tried to people usually, but I absolutely lost my ship.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm a big proponent if they started responding kind. I get very toxic with people who are toxic to me. I mean, you know, I don't fucking respond in slurs or anything, but like if someone's a cunt to me or guilty my god, I go after them. I'm you guys are learning I'm a very aggressive I A'm a weirdly aggressive WOW player towards people, but only when I find out that they're being a cant.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I wasn't racial. I did not go on on some gray line that you're not supposed to pass.
Speaker 5: But I was.
Speaker 7: I was mean, but like ten percent of what was what I was called.
Speaker 1: So so they did they eventually down it or not? Did they eventually down.
Speaker 4: It or not?
Speaker 7: Yeah? With a help from A sixty Okay.
Speaker 1: So where kangaro recording that group look to be fair, I'll give you this pass out in that Voodoo. I'm fairly certain when we did the STV ring of whatever that I did the same thing. I think I stood on the edge and d Sborn the boss as well, but I can't one hundred percent remember I may have, but it's it's it's I don't think it's a you know, an outrageous thing to do, because until you do it, you just don't know. Yeah. Yeah, and Voodoo abused me for the same reason exactly. But no, they're very good. I'll take that for an intro kangaroo court. Fuck them, you know that's that's no good. But we'll get to we'll get to another kangaroo court. Submission and I love so. Typically, whilst you know, any story like that from al is always welcome. Typically, we love to throw guilties under the bus in kangaroo court, and we love to have a bit of fun and tongue in cheek poking at each other. Now, merk, my man, are you still with us? Can I grab you? If that's okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mate, you had a submission? Is that correct?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 1: Who have we got? Who's charge for a while? Two for one?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, an RFD and.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, one of our dps disconnected, So let me pull up the actual things.
Speaker 5: I want to get the names right.
Speaker 1: So the first was injected, Yeah, injected.
Speaker 13: Yeah, whilst we had this this, you know, we had this hunter who disconnected and we were waiting to see if he came back.
Speaker 5: So we're all standing around different parts of dungeon, and whilst we're standing around with.
Speaker 13: Articular hands, Injected gets, you know, in typical rogue fashion, gets the great idea to start the escort quest and Razor vandelns not waiting for everybody to be around or for the whole group to be there, so we have to fucking scramble to run to this NPC escort into the stupid little room where it spawns a bunch of those squillboards, and we proceed to you know, get our fucking faces caved in because we don't have enough.
Speaker 1: People who among us am I right?
Speaker 13: Who would have.
Speaker 5: Thought the rogue would have done right? And that's the thing that came as no surprise at all.
Speaker 1: So then you had a second guilty come and put his hand up of something in snacks correct, yes.
Speaker 13: Snacks, you know, answers the calls like a chat. He's like, yeah, going, you guys, just give me a summon. So we went out some of them in and uh, thirty minutes later the group comp is Warrior Rogue, Rogue Stax Elemental Shaman Priest. So we have two rogues in the dpsing and like two pulls before the boss next is like, oh, well, I guess win Fury told him would be a good idea.
Speaker 1: Righteous outrageous that whole that whole time he hadn't been dropping it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the whole time hadn't been dropping at all. And it's like, oh, well, yeah, thanks for remembering. When we're about to finish the.
Speaker 1: Last what kind of shaman does he think he is? But also I don't know, do we more put that on you guys for not sending the abusive messages within a quarter of a second of the pool starting that wind fury wasn't down.
Speaker 13: I would put part of the responsibility on those two rogues as the tank. I couldn't give care either way, but yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It is on them and.
Speaker 13: Much you know, as people mentioned in the conversation there in the in the channel, ah, I wouldn't trust those rogues to know to turn off their poisons to benefit from the wind fury anyway.
Speaker 1: So we've got one charge of against injected for starting an escort quest without everyone being ready for it, and a second charge for snacks for being allergic to win fury totem guy's guilties all rounds. I reckon.
Speaker 6: Major guilty.
Speaker 2: Now, I guess this service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some picking up some trash by the side of the highway for a while for snacks, I think for that one. Have we still got vestige, Yes, we do vestigy with us. I'm here, yes, mate, Now you've got an epic tale of tears but also sort of triumph. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess we've got a kangaroo cord against a certain smelly bum warlock.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go, here we go, all right.
Speaker 10: So the wonderful and great lad decided that he could take us through the Fellstone Forge I think it's called or something and whatever, the dungeon and blasted Lands. Yeah, fortress in Blasted Lands, and he was going to run me through it. So I had like eight quests there. It's great xp there and Jigantor said he had someone to come along too, and he had a few quests too, so he said, hey, let's get together and run that through. We picked up a few pugs, a rogue and a shaman, so we're gonna five man run through this, try to grab as much stuff as we can. And the shaman was okay, but the rogue became a problem. He liked to pull everything that he possibly could. He was very low level, I think, which is coming to us wave after wave and stuff respawns and they're like crazy. So the kicking point was when he decided to start the escort for no damn reason in there. So we have to pretty much run out to do the escort. So we did the escort, and then we did the polite nice thing and said you know what, guys, we're done, you know, we'll just wrap it up there, and we basically all left group and then just reform to go back in Quest we had, so mejiagain, Torn Laz are back in there. We're piling away, killing a few rare spawns and getting Quest done, and then the gnome rogue still pops up again and he keeps whispering me, hey, invite me back, Invite me back. I just ignored him at this point, but he's still sulking around us kind of, you know. I see him popping in out of stealth the round, and I assume he's just picking up Quest items or something. As we clear through the Fellstone. Then we decide to go up a tower and kill a bot and to see if he got any loop. And then right in the middle of us killing it, all of a sudden, this little gnome fucker comes out of nowhere and starts laying into my app and unfortunately, Uh Laz and Cliance I'm Hord, so there's nothing they could do to help me. I just get absolutely obliterated, six levels lower than me and still kicking my app. That's just rogues are very insane, and I I'm not PvP spect or anything. So I don't have much help. So I'm just getting killed by the At this point, the rogue decides to camp me. There's no way for Laz or gigant out because I'm you know, it's Alliance's board. So I should also say that I accidentally got PvP flagged for some reason. Laz got TVP flagged earlier, and I had to flag myself to heal him. So that's how I ended up flagging the situation on the PV server. But so I'm getting camp buy this guy and I go into guilt Chad and I I hartly beg, I'm like, need another person down here. I just I we need help. We need help. Our guild is in a time of need that you know, it is dark out.
Speaker 1: There, that that signal has been thrown out there.
Speaker 10: Yes, and we're just just begging, just begging for anybody to help us. And a certain warlocks said, uh, he has to play with his puns in a bit, he can't help, and so, uh we is is that what I said?
Speaker 6: Is it? That's what he's calling it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's what the kids call it nowadays. I gotta go, I gotta go spend ten minutes and play with my talents. So at that point I noticed Krudef was looking in general, and I'm like, hey, well there's a perfect there's an orc warrior I need, I we need. I message him saying, hey, we need help. Men camped by this guy in Fellstone, you're in the zone. He instantly drops the group he's in and body hops to get to us as fast as he can. Absolute legend to help us out. And at that point we finished up the questing down there, and the rogue still keeps trying to kill me every now and then, trying to pop out of stealth and kill me, and every time Crudiff has to come around and give the road a good smacking to uh put him in his place.
Speaker 1: So de Crudef killing once or twice.
Speaker 10: Twice dominated three times actually, But the grogue was such a dick that he even waited at the quest givers to try and jump me again, so he knew where we were going to turn in the quest and try to get us. So Krudef gets an absolute a plus for helping us out, and a certain warlock it was a little too busy playing with his new talent too. It's his guild need.
Speaker 1: I I look, I've only got a partial defense.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 1: I am more than guilty of this crime. Here's what actually happened. I saw the the he is what actually happened. I saw the squealing like a like a you know, a young babe in guild chat. Help help. I'm terrible at PvP and this guy is just destroying my life. I'm going to quit the server if nobody comes to my aid instantly. Here's something along those lines, and I went, you know what, here's what I actually said. I said, mate, I'll come help, but I've just got to take some time to change my talents. Unfortunately, I did take like ten minutes there because I just read on the subreddit the demonology is fucking annihilating people in PvP, and I'm like, oh, I've got to try this fucking fell guard out because I was spectafliction, and because I know I haven't bought juel Speck and I know respecking is expensive. So I sat there for ten minutes and really chose my talents carefully while Vestige is getting brutalized in the plastid Lands and I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'll be right there. I'll be right there. Yeah, mate, I'm coming, I'm coming. I was dragging my heels because I'm like, I'm going to take the ten minutes to travel there, and this rogue will be long gone and then I'll be like, oh, oh my god. But after like ten minutes, I finally started to move towards them, after getting all my talents picked, and I whispered Vestige and I go, is he still there? And He's like, nah, he seems to have moved on, and I'm like, cool, Okay. So I am absolutely the villain here for not rushing to my guilty side instantaneously. I should have done it. I didn't. I was a long way away. But you know whatever, I'm the bad guy next time. Next time I'll come and get you, get in for you. But I'm glad Krudef came and saved the day. Good on your crudeff at least crude effort to be fair. Now, in my defense, outside of Krudef being in the fucking zone with you, I believe I was the only guilty to even say anything towards you in response to coming to save you. So maybe I was one of the only people who could fucking do anything about it. But anyway, I'm a piece of shit. I dragged my heels and I shouldn't have. I deserve that one. But I'll give you a I'll give you another story for Kangaroo Court that from me that even throws myself under the bus even further, just to continue to prove how big of a piece of shit I truly am. So some of you will be aware that through the week I guild kicked a second person for roaching out on the guild. So this is nothing Schmiek has well and truly redeemed himsell himself. Everyone feel comfortable doing dungeons with Schmik. We love Schmiek again, he is the rogue on the path to redemption. That's all been put to bed. So the next story involves someone else who I think I will keep their name out of it just to you know, protect the guilty or he's innocent and guilty in this regard. It's a story full of gray characters, I believe. So this guy roached out on the guild twice in Dungeons, and my sort of red flags were up about him from the very start because the second he joined the guild, I sort of sort of had no idea where he came from. And he just joined the discord two seconds before joining the guilt and I whispered at him and I was like, hey, mate, just out of interest, how did you find the guilds? And he goes, oh, just on YouTube? And I go, oh, what do you mean? Have you been watching the podcast for a long time on YouTube? And he goes, no, I just found a video and just then and just watched five minutes of it and decided to join the guild. And I was like, oh God, these are the exact kinds of people I'm not wanting to get into guild. So I said to Laz, I'm gonna g kick this guy after this maridn run because he's just a fucking random. I wound up not doing it because I felt bad, and I should have listened to my gut, because what proceeded to happen over the next week was he started joining guild dungeon runs and sorry Kleptor roaching out. I mean, he just bailed on Guilties in the middle of dungeon runs. So he went to a couple of higher level dungeons with the boys. He was tanking a UBRS with Gigantor and Gigantor you said, he just fucking literally disappeared in the middle of the run, never came back and never said anything.
Speaker 14: Right, it was Avid, but yeah, he kind of dc say anything when he came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So ditched out on those guys while he was tanking, no less, and then another one was with lads, I believe where he just fucking yeah, they they had a wipe, and you know, it's funny how the people don't ditch when things are going well, but after a knee wipe, he just bounced and then never to be heard from again.
Speaker 6: Right, lads, Yeah, we had a we killed the boss was a wipe. I was the last one alive and it's kind of bubbled and got the last like two percent killed the boss and strata undead and then uh, you know, then the ads overwhelming because I was along with that a healer. So then so we run back and the rogue pug got was mad, so he left and then jed a green and then so then I asked, he goes, all right, let's keep going. Should we get another person or do you want to end it there? And he had known that I needed I need that engine. And so he didn't answer nothing, and I was with another guilty swamp. He's like down. I was like, yeah, I'm definitely I'm down. Let's keep going. So he just did it. I whispered him party chat DM and discord like just nothing nothing after like ten minutes, and so we replaced them and another in the rogue and then we you know, smooth sailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there was no no agreement to ditch the dungeon or anything. He just left.
Speaker 6: He didn't say the word no. The next day I said, like he messaged. He messed me, was like, hey, hey, you want to do a dungeon. I was like, well, what happened yesterday? You know you're okay? Like I was being nice, like I didn't say anything bad. I just said like, are you okay? You like left us, like what's going on? And then crickets didn't say anything, Yeah, respond to that. And then it was the next day that you did.
Speaker 1: All this went down. And this is the thing that rankles me is this, and this is very very typical of the average Wold gamer. As soon as confrontation brewing, they disappear people genuinely. Is once they get a sniff of someone accusing them of being an asshole, they just stop responding to messages. So I DMD this guy on Discord when I heard this story from Laz and Gi Gantor said, yeah, that guy did that to me as well. So I DMed him and said, hey, man, did you bail on the guys in a dungeon yesterday? And like just over twenty four hours went by and he didn't reply. And he contacts me in game for dungeons all the time as well, and I hadn't. I think I'd done one or two with him in like the forties, and I whispered him in game and I said, hey man, I reached out to you on Discord trying you now in game. Have did you bounce on a couple of the guys in a strata or whatever yesterday? And he eventually replied to me and he goes like, oh, yeah, we agreed that we were to come, that we were going to ditch it and come back and finish it off later. And I said, that's not what I'm being told. And I'm also being told that you bounced on the guys while you were tanking a fucking dungeon with them, the other day and just never said anything. And he's like, he said something along the lines of like sorry if I've offended anyone, And I just said, look, man, like you know, I'm just gonna guild kick you because, like you know, you've done it a couple of times now, and it's not so much that you're bouncing as much as you're just like you're avoiding the topic. You're not talking to anyone, and your excuse is a shit house. So I g kicked him on the spot. And this is where things get weird. So this is where I become a little bit of the villain as well. So at this point he then drops the line to me, oh, but I just deposited twenty guild in the guild bank. Give that back to me now. Upon receiving that comment, I need to set the stay.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, I'm the fuck we here. This is one hundred percent me being a fucking idiot. But I need to tell you what was in my mind. Well, I have played at this point like two hundred and fifty hours of this server. Not once has anyone on the podcast in guild Chad or anything, to my recollection or to my knowledge mentioned the word guild bank. I did not think guild banks existed in this version of the game. I'm so used to playing versions of Wow Classic that don't have guild banks, and everyone bitches about why is there no guild bank? Why is there no guild bank? We want guild banks. Nobody said anything about guild banks. I just presume they're not in the game. So I reply to this guy, what the fuck are you talking about twenty guilds twenty gold in the guild bank, Like we don't have a guild bank, and he goes, yeah, we do, and I've deposited twenty gold in it. I want my money back. And I'm like, make you full of shit, Go fuck yourself, Go get fucked. And I said, do you mean you've sent me like you've mailed me twenty gold And I said, if you've mailed me money, I will just send it back to you straight away. And he's like, no, it's in the guild bank. And I'm like, fuck off, idiot, you don't know what you're talking about. Go fuck yourself. Stop lying to me. And then this guy goes I he DMS me after this exchange in game a few hours later, and he goes, I'm going to need that fifty gold back and I replied, wait, what I thought it was twenty gold, So now it's magically turned into fifty gold. He goes, yeah, you're going to need to get that money back to me, or I'm going to report you on Epoch. You and laz are going down for scheming me out of my money. And I'm like, what the I'm literally like, there is no guild bank, Like what there? We don't have a guild bank. What the fuck are you talking about? And he's like, I deposited money and you are to get it back to me or else. And I'm just like, report away.
Speaker 13: Fuck.
Speaker 1: We're like, I'm sick of you. Go fuck yourself. You're a piece of shit. I'll go, you're clearly lying. You're changing the amount of gold that I owe you. This is all a made up story. Go fuck yourself. I'm fucking done. And I got pretty. I got like I was relatively measured, but I you know, like I said, I am aggressive and I don't hold back with the swearing when I think I'm dealing with it.
Speaker 2: Can't.
Speaker 1: So this guy then creates a post in the looking for Guild channel of the Epoch Discord and he goes The funniest part is his title, where he goes, I gave twenty golds to the Countdown Guild and they g kicked me, And I'm like, why would anyone g kick you for giving the guild's twenty gold? Completely left out the part about why we actually g kicked him, and he posted screenshots of my discord dms with him, and he tried to throw me and the guild under the bus, saying, you know where fuck weds don't deal with these guys blah blah blah. And at least like the guys on the Epoch Discord were like, something smells really fishy here, like we definitely feel like we're not getting the whole story. You sound like a bit of a fuck with blah blah blah. I get tagged in the Epoch fucking Discord by a random who's like, look, this guy's in the in the discord. At least tag him so he can respond to you. So I go, oh, my god, thank you so much for tagging me. I never would have seen this if you hadn't have tagged me. Allow me to respond. So I give the story right and and I find out when I sort of look at this guy's screenshots of the dms, he's deleted. People don't realize he can do this. He's deleted portions of his replies in the dms to make himself look better. So I posted the og dms and I go, look, at the end of the day, we're dealing with the guy who hasn't told you why he was actually g kicked, is changing the amount of money from what he says we owe him, and is editing dms to make himself look better. Like I kind of rest my case that this guy's the problem. I'm fucking done with him. He can go fuck himself. That was the end of it. So then also I thought so. Then about an hour later, I think Vestige or Yak or someone tags me in a screenshot and the Guild in the countdown to Classic Discord and they go, ah, Josh, you're probably gonna want to see this, and as a screenshot of a Guild bank with twenty gold deposited in it, with a timestamp and everything by old mate that we're just gkicked, and they're like, Josh, you might want to talk about this, he said, I've gotten Nah, no fuck, So guild banks do exist. I thought this guy was smoking crack, so he had actually deposited twenty gold in the guild bank. How However, the one interesting wrinkle was the timestamp showed that he deposited the cash after he found out that he was in trouble for broaching out on people in dungeons, and he mentioned something. I wish I could remember the specific wording, but he mentioned something to me when I whispered him in game about oh, look, I've just deposited some money in the guild bank. Can we just get over this and just you know, everyone's you know, everyone said some things. Can we just kind of stay in the guild and you know, it's all good. So he was like basically trying to buy his way back into the guild or back into our favor. And as soon as we found this out, I DMD youb straight away and said, can't. You're the only one with access to this gil old bank that I didn't even know existed. Can you please get this dickhead's money back to him as soon as possible, and you be logged on that night and sent it back to him straight away. I DMD the guy and said, listen, fuck with You've got your cash now, I've got no regrets about kicking you out of the guild. You're a fucking massive widow. Go fuck yourself and never talk to me again. And that's the story. So I absolutely kangaroo caught myself for really, you know, nailing in on that there are no guild banks. Fuck off you line, kunt when this guy was actually telling the truth. But there's a lot of extenuating circumstances in my mind that still make him more of a villain in the story than me. But long story short, everyone knows. Look, guys, I'm one of the driving forces behind this guild and I'm just a huge tool at the end of the day and should be treated as such. Is that fair.
Speaker 6: For sure? And I have to plead guilty as well because I was egging you on the whole time. There's definitely no guild bank. I do they existed, but I know we had one. I was like, egging you want Tony, we don't have a guild bank.
Speaker 1: Ah, well that's the thing it was. But that was a difference in semantics because some people were like, they don't exist, and some people were like, they exist, but we don't have one because we haven't started using it yet. But it turns out this guy was the only guy that had done anything with it. And as as people said, how weird is it of him unsolicited to throw twenty gold, which is not a small amount into the guild bank in a game where there's no rating yet.
Speaker 6: I mean, everybody knows when you get in trouble with the guild, you take money out, you don't put money in. He's doing it the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, lay into me, Vestige, someone anyone fucking give it to me. How much of a cockhead? Am I?
Speaker 9: I think you need to deposit twenty g into the bank?
Speaker 6: I'll tell you my last words to him, as he was like excusing me of so he was benthesh. He was trying to like gasolate me into this whole story about how we agreed on separate time to finish the dungeon or anything. I just said, listen, listen, man, I'm just gonna quote you on what you said, and then I put them on ignore.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, Vestige. What are you gonna say.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna say you're bad for giving them money back?
Speaker 1: Man, Oh, you wouldn't have given it back.
Speaker 10: No, after all that crap, I'd be like, I'm sorry, it's your feet, it's your guilt.
Speaker 1: Kick fee oh dear. Anyway, so that was that was my dalliance with a wow weirdo this week. And you could argue that I was maybe a little bit of a weirdo myself there in that story. But that was a bit of fun. Guys. If nobody, does anybody else have any funny stories about guilty's or runs that they've done with them over the past week, Gigantle, you could even have a laugh at me for blowing myself up when I tried. I literally pressed enslave demon the button for the first time in my life yesterday in that dune, and it did not work out well for me.
Speaker 4: It was literally just telling the guys before we started this podcast about it.
Speaker 1: I now understand how that ability works, but I actually hate it. Everyone's like, oh, mate, you gotta you gotta fucking enslave the infernal in uh in barton Hold. It is so big and so annoying, and I can't use soule link on it, so I do five percent less damage on everything else outside of the Infernal's abilities. I fucking hate it. I'm not convinced it's the metaphor that dungeon.
Speaker 10: Well, the aura it gives you is pretty great.
Speaker 1: Well, that it's its own. Yeah, it's only the aura that is the reason you would do it, And the aura is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you deal last damies. But the group as a whole is.
Speaker 1: True, true, true, true, true.
Speaker 8: We can't have that.
Speaker 1: We can't have that.
Speaker 10: Oh I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the aura? Just if you get hit, you deal damage or not.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a tank thing as opposed to it. Well, I guess it's a group thing as well.
Speaker 10: But yeah, yeah, it's basically an insane thorns.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I guess I guess it's fair then in that case, yes, it probably isn't beta. All right, I'll keep doing it. But the fucking the infernal is so big and it's so annoying to re enslave it every five minutes. It's just anyway, whatever.
Speaker 4: He was clipping through walls because he was so big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ran through a wall and pulled a next like, he pulled the next room on us, and everyone was like, uh, what's going on. I literally watched him apparate through a wall.
Speaker 10: We had our warlock get his infernal stuck in the doorway and just had like release it and captured again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuck. Well the thing, yeah, the thing people don't realize is that. And Jack Antorein and I have talked about this very briefly previously on the podcast. Pets do seem to have rather outrageous agro rangers and let alone with the size of this infernal. At one stage, the tank ran through the corridor and tried to skip pulling the side rooms, and as soon as I walked through with my infernal, they all ran out and agro at the infernal and someone had to go at me and was like, why the fuck did you pull those I'm like, mate, I didn't fucking do it on purpose, you idiot, Like what do you want me to do? Fucking walking through tight corridors with the old incredible hole here by my side? I can't control him, but yeah, it's I still love barretton Hold. I can't. I don't think we've talked about it on the pod. Did we discuss barrodon Hold last week on the podcast? And did I get to glaze it enough as aggressor loves me to do? Yes, we did talk about it. Okay, yes, ten out of ten, please go and do it. Still just in love with it. The music is phenomen and all. It's just in terms of atmosphere, I just I don't know how they did it. It's fucking oh my god. Anyway, guys, let's open the floor and I want to get this is the part of the podcast where we get a bit more casual and we talk about it, whatever the fuck you want to talk about. Does anyone have issues or things they want to talk about with their class, or with the Epoch dev team, or with the roadmap or whatever. What's come up this week that you've seen that you want to talk about.
Speaker 10: Well, I will say that I did run my first Bird and Hold last night, and it is a beautiful, beautiful looking dungeon.
Speaker 1: Oh so I didn't overglaze this one.
Speaker 10: No, no, I actually really like it, except for the fucking monkeys.
Speaker 1: I did not like the monkeys than the barrels.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I think? I think it's funny. I think it's funny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I know it was more like what it was kind of the out of context that that happened. But but just the the lighting in the place, the music, and it looks so professionally done that it was kind of shocking.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Be careful. Be careful. You're encroaching into positive territory. He vestige, I know, I know, be careful.
Speaker 6: It's a Monkey Island reference.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, that makes sense with the pirates, I guess, but the.
Speaker 1: Goat got you got.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say.
Speaker 15: My only gripe with the place is they didn't have the mini map fixed for it, so you can't use it while you're in there.
Speaker 1: Well, the mini map doesn't work in any dungeon, does it. I don't know. I haven't really been checking, don't.
Speaker 10: I don't believe they do, but they I think they always sad they were going to upload the maps. But it works, Okay, don't work in customer, I think, because they never did not in the customers.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, Barton, hold look, the loot is great. The trash is super appropriately difficult in that. Again, if you switched on, it's a pushover. If you're not, they'll fuck you up.
Speaker 4: That's a good assessment.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you have to be paying attention when you're doing these dungeons. If you're watching Netflix on a separate screen or doing something.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, there are there are prior kill targets, as lads will fucking always point out that, Look, yeah, okay, if you don't kill this mob first, you probably get through the pool. But like it makes it infinitely easier if you just kill this warlock or this cannoneer or whatever first.
Speaker 15: Preach something that makes me really happy about the dungeon if they made it like a capstone dungeon for professions. So like, I'm not going to say what it is, but there are items that are related to your professions that you have to go in the bear.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm still chasing my fucking tailoring one that I really want, and i keep seeing the leather working one drop and I'm like, no, you got your leather working one in the run yesterday with me gigantor I did.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I am a very happy person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I filled in for you guys, so you can you owe me a solid fucking reach around.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm gonna be helping out a bunch of guilties now.
Speaker 13: That I got that thing.
Speaker 1: No, it's all good. The I did enjoy again this you got a flash of aggressive Josh Gigantor when I joined your group. And the first thing I saw when I joined the group was what looked to be a mild complaint from one of the clothies going oh great, like I'm paraphrasing oh great, another clothy and I'm like, hey man, so you go Gigantor.
Speaker 14: Oh prior to you joining the group, they were begging for a warlock for your your fellow hounds, and then immediately after you join, one of them cries out, oh, too many coothies.
Speaker 4: I'm like, make up your fucking mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I chimed in because I'm a caunt and I said, I didn't say it like horribly, but I said, I think this is pretty much verbatim. Look, you can either go into the dungeon have my damage and get it done, or you cannot have me sit here and not fill and miss out on any chance and loot, which would you prefer? And I think that kind of shut them up. Yeah, it worked out, so yeah, I'm I'm I was just happy to see it again. It's it's now the second time I've done it, and I'm I'm really really, really really happy that that's a new addition to the game, and It's got me excited for any new rates or whatever that might be coming in future content. Clepta, I see you asking in twitch chat what's going on with Epoch is a cross faction? Are you being trolled?
Speaker 5: To know?
Speaker 1: You are not being trolled? It is absolutely a cross faction server on the PvE server, Kazan Hoarden Alliance can group together quest together, being a guild together. It's one of the stronger points of the server in my personal opinion. So you're not yeah on Gurubashi, it's not the case. Oh you are playing Okay. I thought you didn't know anything about Epoch for a second, all right, so you understand the lay of the land. There you go anyway. So that's our story about the barret and hold run. Anyone else got anything, lest just throw it out to the where the pub boys we're on the beers talk about your week in Epoch. Who's got something for me?
Speaker 6: I got a ramp ug so about but I'll tell it. You're getting salve and you're gonna like it. People freak out when I bless them. Play a prop paladin and I do a like guild runs, but also a pug light and oneons and people freak out when I give. When I bless them, itselve it reduces your this is your threat why And they want they want they want might or wisdom or something that you know, and their mind is gonna be right. What they don't realize is that the way I look at is it's increasing your damage output potential by thirty percent. Yeah, it's better, Like it's so much.
Speaker 1: Better to people. Still, people still seriously realize how good salvise go man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called fuck you give me wisdom.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So this one, this one road was just wouldn't It was mostly a pug, but it also had green dwarf with with me feeling and he would not shut up about me get himself. I'm like, no, it's better, like I don't want my put selves. But he's like, don't cut your GPS. Man, Like brace your GPS. I'm not cutting you. It's it's better for you trust me, And he's like no, So for the first ball said fine, but remember you asked for this. So I give him mite and he's like all happy and everything. Thing he rips agro on. The boss dies within like thirty seconds and we kill the botts easily without him and then after that gave him put salve back on him. Another word was said.
Speaker 7: Just.
Speaker 6: Tail his legs never kept salva on the rest of the dungeon, and he didn't say the word. That's pretty much been my experience.
Speaker 1: That's it's ever no I embrace salve. I'm I think it's I thought I thought this was solved a long time ago. The salve is one of the best abilities in the game. But anyway, and that's why we all freaked out when Horde got you know, the Dashaman got their version of Salvin sod or whatever. Everyone's like, oh my god. But anyway, uh smit, can I throw it to you for a second. I just want to before I forget, talk about something I hinted earlier in the way of priest healing. I rolled my priest alt. Like I said, I've abandoned two olds now, the Paladin and the Shaman. I've gone that's it, Priest is the wave of the future. Because I saw you, do you think in a sixty dungeon? I was like, that just looks fucking fun as shit. We've got Yak, We've got Vestige, we've got smite here, we've got sci fi, we've got a fifth you healing priests in this guild, although you might say Vestige is more of a DPS priest. But may talk to me about what you've noticed in terms of the contrast in experiences between you and other healers in these sixty dungeons. Now, I guess you wouldn't have seen other healers because you're a healer, but you know what I'm getting at.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would mainly classify myself more like Vestige. In most times, I'm trying to do deeps as much as I can. But I think one thing you were talking about before is that I think a lot of people are kind of scared to heal these dungeons, Like they are a little bit harder than normal, and people are kind.
Speaker 9: Of a free to them.
Speaker 1: That makes me run towards it like a firefighter towards the fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But if you have a priest healing spec like, it's totally fine, Like you're gonna be able to, you know, use all your cool abilities like lightwell, you're laughing at lightwell the other day, and but and prayer of mending is really cool again, and all these cool abilities are going on. And but if you aren't, like if you're a dpspec, you'd be way harder in some of these sixty dungeons. So the dual spec is like super needed for them.
Speaker 1: Basically from from the praise healing perspective, Smite, would you say that, I mean, not even necessarily praise, but I'm getting the impression, and I want to be shouted down if I'm wrong here, but I'm getting the impression that particularly with healing as opposed to tanking, and LAS can tell me if I'm wrong in that regard. But I feel like the average healer, like, if you are a truly average helock, you are neither good nor bad, you are just average. I feel like the average classic wow HeLa will get found out on this server, and that like what when I look at the damage profiles that are going out in these sixty dungeons every time, I'm like this heler better be somewhat like clute on and know how to play their class because there's a fair bit to do here.
Speaker 9: You're spot on, dude, like.
Speaker 11: Like they're they're every second mob as frigging Mortal striking is just reckon tanks. So especially if you know the old meta was just a DPS and basically do the most DPS two tank stuff. You know, you'd have like rogue tanks and shaman tanks just cranking or just a lot of DPS warriors, but now you basically need to. It's really helpful if you actually have tank year and are tank specked, because otherwise some of these bosses are.
Speaker 5: Going to murder you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if you aren't ready for it, that's that's really not good thing. And I think that's why there's such a shortage of healers. Like you look at LFG Chad and every single group is looking for a healer, sometimes two healers, because you know, it's just it. And I don't blame them. If you're not experienced and haven't been playing this game for as long as some of us have, it's kind of a scary thing.
Speaker 1: So this is the fair question where again it comes I always come back to in the back of my head the point raised by vestige on, like how hard should we push these players when we're talking about Classic Wow in terms of difficulty or engagement as you know, a healer or a tank or whatnot. Because I'm like, to me, that sounds like heaven. I'm like, oh my god, that that's literally why I'm leveling a healer.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can't wait. I really love my Warlock and I'm really enjoying living that DPS life for the first time ever. But also I'm gagging to try healing on this server because it looks engaging and fun in the kind of classic wow environment that I want to be in. But I do hear from lads, and you just mentioned there that like Lazz is like, guys, if you want a fucking rating spot or if you want a fucking dungeon spot at max level roller healer because there it is a ghost town out there as far as healers go. And I do wonder if they are being scared away because we do have the average wild classic gamer on this server who wants to cast one Greater Heel every five seconds while they're watching Netflix, and that does not fly here. So we're scaring away one of the rolls potentially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's not. I mean, I at my Offspeck is healing and I just bought at the other day and healed my first dungeon the other day and without any practice or anything. Oh, I've healed another servers. It wasn't like it was definitely more engaging than Milan, must be more fun, but it it didn't. I definitely agree that dealers being intimidated to get away, but just those people think about healing, it's not. I didn't think it was anything crazy, Like I didn't have good gear, but I did have a spec. I definitely needed the spec and it was not It was challenging, but it was not impossible and it was not certainly not any more challenging than tanking.
Speaker 8: It was ah, I mean you, it was also a br D run and the and the tank was barely taking damage because an Holy weapon and Chant is fucking busted.
Speaker 9: But I agree you.
Speaker 8: Literally you disconnected on a boss fight and it didn't matter because the tank didn't take damage.
Speaker 2: And then he got mine being told and it went.
Speaker 8: To the next DPS and it didn't matter because he also was a dual wheel on Holy weapon in Chant have her and he didn't take damage either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've had a healer die on bosses in ubers. I just self fields. I'm just saying like it wasn't anything different than tank, Like it took a lot, like you had to be plugged in, but like it wasn't impossible. So if you want to heal and you're just being scared away, it's not the guns are not possible.
Speaker 2: You can do it, certainly not impossible. They're just they can be a little stressful as the healer. There's a lot of.
Speaker 1: I'll just say, fucking yeah, I agree lads in terms of like, I don't feel it doesn't look like it's asking too much of the healer. But again I'm not I don't think they should like But by the way, I'm not saying anything should be changed. I think, like I said, I'm gushing over the difficulty of this server. I think everything is fucking perfect and I can't believe they nailed it as much as they did. But it's it's a lot of instances where they're not asking that much of the players. This isn't retail, but also, the average Classic Wow gamer is pretty fucking ordinary at the game, and asking anything more than not much is a stretch at times.
Speaker 5: Again, say it's a good moment, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you what would I want to hope it pushes people to get better and want to learn their class or whatever. But yeah, I just think I think the average Classic Wow healer really really does just want to stand there and cast spam greater heal every three to four seconds and not have to think. And this I think when you get a moment. There's a great moment in a fight and smite and you guys, you'll know what I'm talking about. There's a great moment in a fight where like you're at fifty percent manner, the boss is at fifty percent health and an AOI ability has just gone out and everyone's at forty to fifty percent health, and now triaging comes into effect and decisions have to be made, and it's like, yeah, sure you'll hit your prayer of healing and get everyone up that way, but you know, the boss continues to hit and now it's you know that dealing with the pressure of Okay, I have a decision to be made every one and a half seconds. Let's hope I mostly make the correct decision that I really enjoy that a lot of players I think would Again, I am not a god gamer, but I'm paying attention and I feel like the average wild classic HeLa would like wilt under that pressure.
Speaker 9: Definitely true, man.
Speaker 11: And you know what, like I found that like just having uh, there's some potions like I think they're pretty good ones on the auction house for like three silver apiece for like decent man of potions. Just having a couple of stacks of those just makes dungeons way easier, like so much less stressful.
Speaker 5: Vestige shines.
Speaker 1: You'd never run a vestige. Are you in the group without saying his name? Are you now finding yourself in the group of the man that we were just discussing that we kicked out of the guild? Yes, I am all right, choices, choices.
Speaker 10: I don't know, That's what I'm underbating right now.
Speaker 1: Do you do you let people know that we just kicked him because he bails out on dungeons? Or do you say nothing? Or what what do you do? Do you do you do the run? I mean, there's no there was no edicts laid out that we shall never do content with this man again. I know I never will, but I'm not going to force that on the guild by any means.
Speaker 10: No, I'm gonna I'm gonna uphold my standards with the guild and declare him a fuck with in the party chat right now.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, But remember we just told a story about me ditching you, so you don't have to defend my honor here.
Speaker 10: No, fuck your honor. I'm defending guilds on her.
Speaker 1: There you go, very good, thank God, thank god. Oh dear, oh dear. Yeah, don't go to scorch to earth whatever. But I'm not what was I gonna say?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Where were we?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 1: I just I got scared off of the shaman healing. Also watching I forgot, like seeing the tiki tac way that Axel had to deal with chain heel and I'm so used to chain heel in more modern versions of the game, where like that shit spreads everywhere whereas like chain heel here is like he's and I'm so bad at this. Axel's like begging me, like Josh, please stand closer to someone else, like my chain heel is not hitting you, And I would just hate that if I were a heeler to have to like coax grouping and shit on my AoE ability.
Speaker 2: Well, it adds a layer of.
Speaker 8: Thought to the game though, too, right where it's like, okay, well I'm going to stand between the melee and Josh because otherwise this chain heel isn't going to bounce where it needs to go.
Speaker 1: Look at look at Vestige standing on principle. He bounced from the party because old Nate was there and he let them know about it. Okay, I've never a tear in my eye, Vestige. I've never been more proud of you. There we go. Some might call it harsh. I am a kunt who says it's not harsh, and you reput you so, but there you go. Guys. Please anyone bring up what anything that's bothered you or that you've loved on Epoch this week. It's an open forum. Everyone might be shy. Jack, have you seen anything any any give me a give me a trial of triumph for tribulation with you and Maizie on the Leveling Journey. How's that coming along? We've lost Jack, That's all right.
Speaker 11: I've been like enjoying the auction House game because like right now there is kind of a dip but and an MC is coming.
Speaker 9: So I'm trying to like find matts and stuff that I think.
Speaker 11: Are like gonna increase in value a lot. I'm like really going hard and deep into the old elemental fires.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: There's these weird things called dark iron potatoes that like are basically selling for vendors and like are they gonna be Is there gonna be some you know, like are you using these weird potatoes or I don't know, like I think dark iron scraps, like they're selling.
Speaker 9: For like one copper a piece.
Speaker 11: Sometimes I'm just scooping those up and just like come on, baby stocks, you know, but probably gonna be worthless and just you know, me crying two weeks in advance or whatever, like.
Speaker 9: Selling them to the vendor, you know, but whatever, I'm having.
Speaker 4: Fun so you can feats. So they are technically food, they are what.
Speaker 5: Oh no way, okay, so they are a.
Speaker 4: Program to be a food. There's just nothing out yet.
Speaker 1: For them, right right right? Yeah, I have seen them. I am interested by them as well. Now what else is making you money? Let's let's blow Axel secrets out of the way. Who apparently is making one hundred gold a day?
Speaker 9: I've been relying on the mooncloth.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't got that tailing ring you were talking about from Verdon Wold where it makes two mooncloth, and then just my other mooncloth recipe has just been you know, like that's been my main gold source this whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be nowhere, in all honesty, i'd be I'd be fucking broke as shit if I hadn't gone tailoring and doing the mooncloth called down. Like I said, I'm not playing my warlock now unless someone hits me up for a dungeon run. I'm basically leveling the old and I haven't been able to play as much because I'm under the pump with university work. But it's definitely like money is light on my account, so I really appreciate that fucking moon close cool down axel is it? Someone said? Is it true? Are you making around about one hundred gold to day?
Speaker 8: I'd probably make one to two hundred on any day I bother to make gold. Oh money, that's probably for like fifteen to twenty minutes worth of doing.
Speaker 1: Are you still doing the same weird leather working and chanting?
Speaker 8: Fl same exact But yeah, if anything, it's getting more profitable.
Speaker 1: As time goes to you son of a b okay, because I know you want to say it, because you'll get an erection as soon as you do. How much gold have you got now?
Speaker 8: I mean I wasn't going to but if you're asking, I've got about twelve hundred gold.
Speaker 1: Oh man, well you that's pretty good that's pretty fucking I think I've got what have I got one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 2: And that's you know.
Speaker 8: I bought my epic mountht the moment I hit sexty, and I got my Duelspeck, and I bought a bunch of unnecessary in chants that I haven't profited at all, but it's just wanted to have them use I've been enchanting other people, so it's been helping the guild. I'm just sending gold to people now.
Speaker 1: And oh you sweet, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know how much money fucking tune it was me at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, how funny.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a chance, we should just shout out for everyone's you know, take this as a bit of a guild noticeboard, guys. I forgot to mention on the show. I have Crusader. I spent one hundred and forty gold on it. I wiped it like ten days ago, wiped out all my money, spent it all on Crusader so I didn't have to go and farm it. So the guild has a Crusader in chance, So do not pay anyone else for it. Please just find me either. Whisper Smellie bum in game or DM me on Discord. I will log on if it's in Oceanic hours, and I will give you Crusader. Just bring me the mats, and I believe that I've also got superior striking. I don't think that's that rare. But Axel or someone else had some other key ones. Remind me who had a sea.
Speaker 2: And Holy are the big ones that I have.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 8: A Standout.
Speaker 1: And Tsunami has which one?
Speaker 2: All the like reputation ones, I think specifically the argent.
Speaker 1: So if you need in chance, guys, hit up Axel. Like basically, you only really need me if you need Crusader, which is different on this server. It's only for two handed weapons. So come to me for Crusader. Maybe hit up Axel or Tsunami for anything else. But yeah, an Axel sorry, just a shocks McGee is Axel's character, so just remember that one. Yeah, I couldn't hear that from Leroy, but that's right. So we've got Vestige. I'll just read out your reply because it's quite funny. This was what Vestige wound up saying to our friend who got kicked from the guild. Sorry but I didn't know redacted was in this run. He is a known roach, so I would rather group with people who finish what they start, like I did with his mum last night. Vestige leaves the group well, well played, sir.
Speaker 10: It's really poetry, is it?
Speaker 1: Kind of? Is? It's Keatsian? If you will, I love it. So, guys, look, we won't go to go on too much longer. I think we've been going almost three hours. Now what are we now? Two hours forty minutes, will start to wind it up. If nobody has anything to say, let me know, but speak now forever hold your silence. Any final points from this week in Epoch, anything I've forgotten, No, keep leveling, guys, everyone, please keep it now. Look, I know we touched on a lot of things in this podcast about populations and fucking what's going on with Epoch and the roadmap and all the shit. If you haven't heard the multiple times through the last three hours that we've said so the content of this server is still impeccable. We are all still having a fucking amazing time. Do not get caught up in the noise of the subreddit or whoever wants to fucking just be a dooma about oh my God, this server's dead. This server's dead, deed at dead. Oh my god, imagine playing here. I'm going to ambush here as far as I'm concerned, I know, I'm playing on Epoch for a reason, and it's for the content. And this content right now is unmatched anywhere online, be it official or unofficial servers. No private server, and no official Blizzard server is delivering you the kind of experience that you can get on Epoch. These look fucking mad men. Whoever the fuck they are, and whether or not they've bailed from the project, they've either through skill, an accident, or a combination of the two, managed to cook up what is a fucking phenomenal server. If the bugs were happens to be fixed on top of the fun of the content, we'd all just be sitting here going like our minds are being blown. Imagine if all the talent trees worked as they were supposed to. Imagine if all the bugs were gone. Imagine if a couple of the bosses weren't unfortunately overtuned, like we'd all be sitting here saying this is the fucking greatest thing since sliced bread. I am having so much fun every dungeon I do. I have so much fun in Warlock and I just talk about warlocks for one second. Oh my god, we didn't talk about this. Look, I rolled a Warlock because I've always been intrigued by warlocks and I've never seriously played one before. I told you the story about how I had a Warlock in Classic because I multi boxed it years ago, never really played it alone, never leveled one properly, had no idea how warlocks worked. I just told you the story how I pressed Enslave Demon for the first time in my life yesterday, and about and Holt. Getting used to this class has been a joy. And like also, I will say that they are fucking broken. They are beyond broken on this server. They do so much damage. It's disgusting and like I'm looking at the meters and it's beyond a joke. I know it's one thing to call out AoE classes, and Vestige was fair to say this to me the other day, because I do spend a lot of time just staring at overall data because I'm really I get really caught up on overall damage in dungeons, because I'm like, this is why you take this class, because at the end of the day, they are making this dungeon run on the whole go that much quicker. But it's not just AoE, it's it's everything with the warlock. Like I'm pulling at certain points of some flights, I'm pulling one point two to one point one k dps when the next best person is doing five hundred. That's obviously seed of corruption, just being fucking broken. That's all well and good. That happens, we understand. But outside of seed and a few people have been like, oh, yeah, you know, you have your fun in your group polls. Single target it's a different story. No, it's fucking not. Warlocks are still topping the meters on single target. I think I've been beaten on like one or two fights by a shaman, you know, on on single target boss fights ninety to ninety five percent of the time, I am ten to fifteen percent, if not more, above the person who comes second. Like, warlocks are broken, they are fucking busted. If you want to pump roll a warlock, that's the only advice I can give you, But only play a warlock if you actually like the class like that. That's all I can say is, have you guys noticed this that it's just out of control.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 6: Same as CBC warlocks, I.
Speaker 1: Would say it's worse. I would say it's worse.
Speaker 10: It's worse than TVC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's much more busted than how how good they were in TBC. It's it's no nobody can find I'm not like, I'm not trying to be like a DPS gloat because this, Like I said, I'm not the world's best warlock. I'm a new warlock who fucking doesn't know what I'm doing. I'm still discovering buttons and even me in my new state, like, people can't touch me on the meters. That's how broken the class is.
Speaker 6: So I'm a group with arcade majors and hunters. Are you destroying them? To know?
Speaker 1: We had an arcane mage in the in the Barton Hold last night and he couldn't He got close. Don't get me wrong, he got close, but I think I was still beating him by about ten percent on some of those bosses, right Giganta, He's gone, Yeah, I I've I've come up against an Elie Shaman. I've come again. I'm up against an arcane mage. With gear, and I just still think it's not particularly close. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not like smoking them, but I still think like ten percent is a fairly big margin. I don't know, but anyway, enough sucking my own dick.
Speaker 9: Get a shadow priest in there.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, tell me about it. But yeah, it's just it's and I'm doing this as demonology. So like I said, I I had really I was initially PvP specs Demonology and smashing it. Then I changed to PvE spec Demonology, and that fell guard is just insane and if you get on top of the pet management, and I've changed all my macros to now keep him with the most uptime that I can, and I've got some weak oors to let me know. There were a lot of times when he was standing by my side not doing anything, and I didn't realize. Now I'm on top of that, he does twenty five percent of your damage. He's just so powerful, it's fucking wild, and the Kleevey does his great Um, it's just it's incredibly fun being a warlock and it goes beyond the numbers. But like what I said to you guys, lads in the Dungeon we did the other day was I've always typically gravitated away from DPS. I don't like playing DPS because I like healer and tank because you feel like you're truly, truly a standout role and contributor to the dungeon party. I am the tank. If I weren't here, you guys would be in trouble. I pull all the agro and I defend and that's that. And I taunt and if I miss a taunt, you could be fucked Like that's on me. I am the healer. I need to heal you. Without me, you die. If I am a bad healer. You will feel the difference. I like feeling like you're noticing that I'm there DPS. I've never ever felt that way historically with World of Warcraft, they're all in changeable, nobody gives a fuck. But as a warlock on this service specifically, now I get the impression that it's like, oh fuck for warlocks here, fuck yeah, here we go, and the skill expression is absolutely there. Where if I press the right buttons, people notice that DPS player and it feels really good. So I'm just glazing the warlock class here, guys. If you haven't seen it roll one. It doesn't really come online until you know later down the track. Al you will have noticed that you're probably only just starting to feel the power now.
Speaker 7: Well, actually yeah, I've I've found that in like you're thirties or forties, you've got pretty powerful, but not like you're describing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it just all changes. Particularly it's sixty obviously, like it's just insane. But anyway, enough about it.
Speaker 7: But I'm yep, I'm Affliction. I'm not Demonology high.
Speaker 1: Leveled as Affliction. I only changed Demonology like four days ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, I just love Afflictions now, so do I. I don't see me changing.
Speaker 1: I hate Demonology. I have historically always hated Demonology. It's been one of the worst skill trees in the fucking game. No matter what version of where we're playing, I've got no interest in Demonology. I've always been Affliction mostly some destro in like you know the times that I've played in like Wrath or Catter or Sod or whatever, just doing dungeons. But Demonology just it feels very good in this version of the game. I'm really enjoying it. But anyway, yeah, give it a go, trust me. Brother, you will love it. I was doing really well as Affliction as well, though, so don't be deterred by any means, stay of Fliction if you love that play style anyone else. Guys, we're going to wrap it up unless anyone else has anything to leave us with.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, long Live the Guilds. Countdown is still recruiting. I'm still getting people messaging me saying, hey, Josh, long time listener. Let me absolutely come on board. The password is whatever you want to say. That shows to me that you are a listener of the show and not someone who's just some random who heard the name Countdown yesterday. I've had some funny passwords come into me recently. My favorite this week was hunk has a very sexy voice, which is always going to be an accepted podcast password on this podcast or in this guild. Guys, thanks so much for being a part of this chat, and I'll speak to you all next week. And that's the episode for today. Everyone, Thank you so much for listening to all of that. As I mentioned in Great to Tail at the top of the episode, I'll be fucking around this weekend on Bronze Beard when it launches I'm probably gonna check out Sharman Tank because I'm always keen to check out a new role and see how they do it. I have no doubt there's gonna be three squillion people playing Sharman Tank as well, so that should be interesting. But look, there's already people who have played the PTI, and I've checked out the PTR very very briefly, only leveled a few characters to like level six and seven, just to see what's going on. But there are people in the Countdown community that played Bronze Beard through the testing phase over the last you know, a year or so or whatever, and have come back and said, look, like, you know, just be aware that this thing can sort of be like retail in terms of you're just gonna spend a lot of time in dungeons. It's got you know, very heavy usage of ADF. People just pored straight to dungeons. The dungeons are kind of AoE fest. You go through them very quickly. You know, it feels a little bit retailing in that regard. It's got dungeon scaling. You can go to you know, any dungeons at any level or whatever scale you scale. Sorry, mobs scale up to you, so you know, you can get a level. You can be a level sixty and get a Dead Minds or something like that, and the mobs will scale up to you and the rewards will scale up to you as well, so you're sort of not locked out from your friends. So just be aware that you know it's it's gonna be a weird vibe a little bit. I think they're really trying to mix sod and retail and it's gonna be an odd clashing of worlds. But I'll give it a look, you know what I mean. We'll just see how it goes. If you're interested to hear more, like come chat with us in the countdown discord. And I look, guys, I'm not gonna lie. I really found out about about all this like forty eight hours ago. Like I knew Bronze Beard was coming, but I didn't know anything about Bronze Beard, and I've learnt all the fine details over the last two days. It is a fucking weird server, you know. But it does have a lot of things that I like the look of. Like a few of us have been saying, three quarters of the shit sounds really cool, a quarter of it sounds fucking gross and potentially game breaking, so we'll just go in with very tepid expectations and sort of see what happens. But anyway, guys, that's the episode for today. I've got to thank the patrons who make this all happen for you. To the following amazing people, I thank you so much. Flozy b fucker Evan, welcome a border. Everyone give it up for Evan. What a fucking legend steps right in at the twenty dollar mark for you know, twenty bucks a month for old countdown. Now listen, all you ungrateful basses, bastards. If it weren't for legends like Evan, I'd stop this fucking show tomorrow. But people like Evan step up to the plate, put the cash in the guitar case, and I get to keep plodding along. So thank you so much. Evan, You're carrying the team. Thank you, thank you, thank you, your fucking legend. Welcome to the Patreon club. Croxford, Odd k honey Bee, Winter's Gate, Zorn, Grimoire plays all the mighty Dollarman, Jaron h Rengo, gar Vac Simile, thank you so much, you amazing amazing people. I love you all, and to all the five dollars, two dollars and one dollar patrons as well, Thank you so much, and guys, look that's it. I'll see you all this weekend to fuck around and see what the fuck this bronxbit server has for us, and I'll talk to you later, babe,