Speaker 1: Channel and I Weather forecast. It's got rain, so showers and storms are likely this afternoon, with down fours also likely. We may get some isolated showers of storms this morning as well. Today's high seventy two overnight little fifty three. The rain l end segue to a partly cloudy morning tomorrow with sunny skies later in the day high at sixty five, Few clouds every night out of forty three, and a sunny Sunday with a highest seventy right now sixty three degrees. Let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the U. See Hew Tramphan center right. You see healthy O fine, comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect morid you see health dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to run a couple of extra minutes out of earl Linger to the wreck of Buttermilk. The right lane of a ramp is blocked up by a car sitting sideways at Buttermilk. Everything else is in pretty good shape, Chuck ing ramon fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty I fifty five kr CE detalk station at pay Friday. And I know there's a lot of folks that are in assisted living facilities out there in the world that are much much, much happier because of the work of my next guest, and she's been on several times, Patty Scott, who's with HEART for Seniors Foundation, which is a nonprofit, and that HEART stands for Healthcare Evolution Alert Responsive Technology, And what they do is they help out seniors who are dealing with you know, it's like incontinence issues that so many have and I know this from a personal, you know standpoint, and it's impossible for the staff at these various facilities to know exactly when they need to get in there and help that patient out. And so this amazing technology which just with your donation you can help assist them get this affordable technology into these facilities. So the healthcare provide there get an immediate note warning like hey, room four, second floor, mister Jones needs some assistance, and rather than letting him lay there for ten or twelve fifteen hours, which quite often happens, they get right to the need and then it and as well, it provides other things, Patty, Patty, I Love, I Love, I sort of adopted your charity, and I'm glad to be able to help you out. Patty. It's welcome back to the program, Brian.
Speaker 3: You and your listeners have been amazing and you can adopt us anytime. We cannot thank you enough.
Speaker 1: Well we I mean, we kind of have adopted you. So then that's good. That's good. I mean, And you had those wonderful young ladies on last time. God is so moved by their singing skills and abilities. And if you make a donation to Hartford Seniors, you may very well be blessed by a visit from what were the gal's names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, May Sam Marie Cunningham, the kind of Marie from the NBC Voice, which, by the way, you need to let us know they're ready to come sing to your mother because of your wonderful donation. So we're still we uh, just need a date and time. I will tell you. We did our first visit a couple weeks ago. And let's just say tears are flowing. Oh to be getting a lot of video. Oh wow. I don't even know where to begin on that one. Let me start first with that. Let's just say the isolation that goes on with a lot of these seniors. The joy of just a simple somebody coming in and singing to them and being told that your loved one is thinking about you and sent these little angels to sing a favorite song. Oh yeah, has been probably the most joyous thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Is so incredible.
Speaker 1: And there's no way I could ever call that an overstatement because I got to witness they sat here in my studio and they just are such great singers, and they have such a positive attitude, a loving spirit. You can see it, you can sort of feel it. It's like somebody that walks in the room has a certain glow and aura about them. You're like, that's a good person right there. That's those young ladies. And they just exude this charm and positivity and they're not They don't have any kind of agenda other than sharing their the spirit and the and their love for for well seniors. And I love the story about their neighbor. What their ninety plus year old neighbor who doesn't have anybody left in their life, has outlived their children, and they go and spend time with her. It's just it's it's it's just what they're all about. So you guys, the marriage of you of them with Hart for Seniors is just the perfect fit.
Speaker 3: It is, and I'll tell you when you'll see it with your mom. They just sit, they hold their hands, they sing. It's like this little personal concert and I just stand and cry. I mean, I just have flowing down my mind. But it's really personal, and that's really what we want to do, is bring this personal. You know, when somebody's at the end of their life stage, right there's no reason why. And obviously I'm a perfect example. It's so hard right there. My dad for the last month has been in the hospital and I couldn't care for him at home if I tried. I mean, it's just been real. He's eighty seven and it's just been real, real issues. And we finally have gotten him to rehab facility right now, hopefully we'll get him back home. But you know, there just sometimes reaches a point where you can't care for them at home and they have to be where the medical professionals are. And Brian, let me just tell you, call, I have been an ish you in the last several weeks. We all know it. And we had told you about our calllite technology that we installed locally and have been testing. And let me just tell you that, right there is a game changer. Typically most average calllites can they could be answered quickly, but with staffing issues and things like that. God loved the healthcare staff when they're covering a whole haul, sometimes by themselves at neither on the weekends, the call light maybe just you know, gets turned off, whatever the case may be. Now this callite technology goes straight to their biolink phone and they get alerted no differently they do than for an incontinence issue or a pulse sox issue dropping. And let me just tell you we are seeing response times now just in testing mode of upwards of four to five minutes, which may sound like a long time, but in a normal average can't come answer the calllight for an hour and forty five minutes. It's massive, it's massive. And what's really cool is we're targeting to determine why are they hitting the calllight. Is it medicine related, is it socialization related? Is it food related? Is it hydration related? Nobody has been able to collect data before to determine or is someone kidding me?
Speaker 1: They don't know now surprise. I mean that sounds like a very With modern technology and computers, that seems like a very simple thing to be able to document. But there's no requirement that you document why the call light went off, so nobody does it. But your technology has the ability to just to put that data in and keep track of it. Let's bring Patty back. It's heart for seniors. It's heart the number four seniors dot org. I strongly encourage my listeners to make a contribution, and you too, make it a lovely serenade. And it's not just the seniors wore in the last limbs. My mom's listening to the program Patty, So we Mom, we haven't written you off. She's still independent, she lives at home. You can also have this may see Marie come over and sing for maybe a caregiver as well. They'll do that. So pause and make the donation, and we'll bring her back and find out how much how many inroads they've made, because I know they keep expanding. So first though, a word for doctors Fred Pack and Meghan Frew, the dynamic duo of dentistry. Now doctor Fred Pac and the wonderful staff at his clinic. Well, their clinic now, but he's been my general dentist for jeez, I've been fifteen years by now. Just the most state of the art clinic. He insists on everything being cutting edge, and so they do have everything cutting edge and it's all for the benefit and the comfort of the patients there. Teaming up with doctor pack in more than a year now, I think doctor Meghan Frew working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, so she offers fresh perspectives on cosmetic dentistry. Doctor Fred Peck has got years under his belt doing transformative, life changing, exceptional cosmetic dentistry. If you need cosmetic dentistry, you don't like your smile, you got a problem with it. You want of those types of people to put their hand in front of their mouth because you don't want they don't. You don't want people to see your teeth. You need to see the dynamic duo of dentistry. Doctor Peck and a credited fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and that's rarefied air. I mean, just you'll see the before and after pictures of some of the work that he's done. Over the years, absolutely mind boggling and doctor Frew. If you're afraid of the deal of the dentist, you don't like dentists. It's impossible not to love doctor Meghan Freu. So the dynamic duo is there waiting for you. Get a call, make appointment five one three six, one seventy six, sixty six five one three six one seventy six sixty six Online pick peck pec k peck smiles dot com, fifty five far the talk station. This is Joe Cordell of Cordell and Cordel. There is your nine first warning Wetherford, Cat Scott Well. Isolated showers and storms this morning and in this afternoon. They say likely showers and storms and also with downpours likely seventy two for today's high fifty three over night. If there ain't gonna move out. We got a mostly sunny late in the day Saturday, with clouds in the morning. It'll go up to sixty five, down to forty three over night and on Sunday mostly sunny, seventy degrees. The word gorgeous is in there. Sixty three right now. Time for traffic from.
Speaker 2: The Uceup Traffic Center and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you seehealth dot com. All clear northbound seventy five at Buttermilk from an earlier accident. Southbound seventy five beginning to slow a bit past the Ragon Highway. So with southbound seventy one approaching fifer As a wreckon Clifton on McMillan at Wheeler Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five kr City talk station helping out those in assisted living facilities get the care and treatment they need within the right amount of time. It's, of course Heart for Seniors Heart the number four Seniors dot org nonprofit organization. You can help out. Any little contribution can help. And I tell you what, Patty Scott, my guest this morning, we've had her on before, has just let me know on so many occasions how much she appreciates you, my listeners, and the help that you have given the Heart for Seniors organization and its effort to help these folks truly in need. They are so I want to thank all my listeners for supporting this wonderful organization as well. It just makes so much sense. And honestly, Patty, it's just kind of when we first met to talk about this and you first introduced me to this technology, I was just shocked that it wasn't literally in every one of these senior facilities everywhere, because it's you know, ultimately, while it can be expensive to obtain, you know, collectively, for every single bed and every single facility overall, the cost is not that much given today's modern technology.
Speaker 3: No, it's twelve dollars and eighty seven cents day Brian for one resident. Yeah, and that's actually with them being on the entire bioling system, you know, and somebody doesn't have to be incontinent. We have the rest wearables that a lot of people wear. You know, as you get older, your pullstock drops and if somebody like forgets to put their oxygen on after they shower and all of a sudden their pulsocks drops from one hundred down to eighty, that could cause a major issue. Again, alert response technology, the rest wearable will pick up on it. It's the only FDA approved device in the United States, and it alerts for help and going back to your mom. We actually can set up in home. We've focused obviously on the larger population in the long term care facilities, but if any of your listeners have loved ones at home and need help with caregiving, all they need to do is email us, email us, email me personally Patty Patty at Hartfordseniors dot org, and we can set you up like your own little nursing home at home as well, if that helps you or helps the healthcare provider. We are here locally. Obviously, we've expanded now to eight facilities fully functional. We're about to launch another four in the next month. With our goal, as you knew from day one when we met, we want to be at least in fifty facilities in the state of Ohio by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope we can help achieve that goal. I truly do, and I know my listeners are willing to help out they had before. And you know, to the extent you didn't get to hear the Cunningham Sisters sing on my program, and you want to know what you're in for if you make a donation, just go to YouTube and type in Cunningham's Sisters and it'll probably pop up Cunningham's Sisters on the voice and if you connect to that link, there's several videos of them, and some of them are several years old, and there's I'd see they posted one as recently as a month ago under the moniker the Cunningham Sister. So check it out. You're in for a real treat and you'll know exactly what's in store for you when you make that donation. They're just lovely.
Speaker 3: Singers, they are. And I will also tell you we've had a couple of your listeners who did donate last time but said, hey, my parents are states away, and we're like, hey, no problem, we'll make a video for you. Oh cool, and so yes, So they were willing if we have parents on other coats or miles away. I mean, hey, they'll fly they see. Was so funny. She's like, hey, I'll fly there if we need to do and we laughed and they said, no, just can we make a video? So we are we can't make videos? Is that easier to get off to them? But they're so gracious and we're so excited that they're is in the right place and that they're partnering with us. As far as we can see, So that's what's really exciting to us.
Speaker 1: Well, again, your mission is consistent with their mission. So I just I think it's just lovely what they're doing. And wouldn't that be neat to get a YouTube or a little video of them. It's like getting a singing telegram. It's personalized to your loved one, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, hey, at the end of the day, that's what life's about, right, we need to be here for each other. And again, can't thank your listeners enough. Alert response technology it's simple. We are just trying to figure out the why and get there quicker and faster. But more importantly for the healthcare providers, I just my heart breaks when I think of a single healthcare provider, you know, tending to thirty patients from eleven a you know PM till seven am in the morning by themselves with no help.
Speaker 1: Well and then well, and more fundamentally, how bad they have to feel. I'm sure it's like in some small respect, it's like a surgeon who loses the patient. You know, that impacts them absolutely personally. So you know, they they're running around trying to tend to all these folks and they find out when they walk into someone's room because the hour has come or the moment in the hour on the schedule has come when they're supposed to check on them, that that person has been wallowing in their own filth for the last ten hours. I mean, that's got to break their heart, like, damn it, how come I wasn't here sooner to help this person? Or you know, it could be a lot worse than that, like not answering the call light in a timely manner that could have been something extremely serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and or a lot of times the other way too. We've been recently dehydration is such an issue, and if somebody hasn't been changed or haven't been wet in over five hours, that's a problem. I mean that right there tends to show, hey, we need to push fluids because we're not getting any kind of moisture alert. We're not getting any kind of BM alert, and that could lead to something very bad, like a fecal impaction, which could require additional medical attention. That cannot be so good. So, you know, this alert response technology tells a story, a story that we've never ever been able to identify before because it's just been like protocol every two hours, which doesn't work. Go you know, check on them. And even if they're asleep in the middle of the night. This is another thing that's just been so incredible. You don't have to disturb somebody and wake them up to change them or stick your hand down the breeze to determine if it's wet or moistu or not. You can let them sleep because again you're comforted to know that alert response technology will tell you. The BIE only system will tell you if they are wet and need to be changed. If not, let them sleep well.
Speaker 1: And you just illustrated another fundamental beautiful thing behind this technology. The healthcare provider doesn't have to do that with this technology. The technology says whether it's wet down there or not. You know, not a handy.
Speaker 3: Yet, Yes, And think of those ventatients that don't have a voice, that can't hit their call light. This violent system has become their voice.
Speaker 1: Patty, It's been wonderful having in the program. It's always uplifting to know how much effect and impact you're having for the good for these seniors and these facilities and heart the number four Seniors dot org is where you'll find them. And again just check out you two for the Cunningham sisters. You'll be blown away. They are extremely talented coming to a loved one near you. If you make a contribution, Patty, keep up the great work. We'll talk again soon.
Speaker 3: All right, Brian, Thanks to all your listeners. We love you all so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that I love them too. They're good people out there. Seven fifty to fifty five krs DE Talk station. Also good people Foreign exchange. Get your car fixed for less money than the dealer buy well, and sometimes I'll buy a lot, you know. And the crews out there they know different ways, like sometimes you know, maybe fixing into the complete way. You know, start oh, here's what we have to do. You got to go this, this, this, and this, and if you get the OEM part, it's going to be this. And you're looking at a bill that's pretty high, a lot higher if it's at the dealer astin the team out there. They can get creative in ways of maybe getting through a repair job well that having to go the full freight. Maybe you're struggling financially a little bit at the time and you're like, no, I don't have a four thousand dollars or whatever to do that. Sometimes they have creative solutions get you through problems. And that's what it's all about. A foreign exchange saving you money for imported cars and Tesla's. They're the ones to talk to a SE certified mess technicians. They know how to work on your car. They have access to your manufacturer's technical information, software updates and all that and less money, full warranty on parts and service. You know you're gonna get it done right. Give them a call. Westchester location phone number. That's when I go to Tylersville Road right off seventy five two Streets East five one three six four four twenty six twenty six at the Kinglyn Drive five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Foreign X. That's foreigndletter X dot com fifty five KRC dot com