Speaker 1: Good morning. It's the Sandy Show where we are proud to team up with our bank. Open your account conveniently online at www dot r dot bank. Remember fdi se Jbi is here today and Cecily's here today but won't be here tomorrow. JB's going to be with us all week long as Tricia is on a little trip with my daughter with our daughter to go see their cousins in Boone, North Carolina, where I think the high is like seventy five degrees cool today in Boone with low's at night in the fifties. You got a little bit of that. And well, you were in Colorado for a month, right, t B.
Speaker 2: I did. I'm you know, the typical text and trying to get to Colorado for a while here and then come back and it was weird this year. I came back and you know, late July was freakish in Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the coolest July on record ever in Austin. This last July was it was great. We got like two weeks of clouds and some rain and stuff like that. Lake Travis came up seven feet in the month of July, which is awesome. Do you Jbie? You're out in Aspen working with Lance Armstrong and the covering the Tour de France for the whole month. And so while you're there, do you run into many austin Nites or Texans while you're there? Or do you ever get to leave a studio?
Speaker 2: A little bit of both. There are a lot of Austinites hanging out in Aspen. I think they call it Austin. It's become a bit of a joke. But yeah, if you know anybody that, if you know, if you're a longtime Austinite, that's the dream, right. We all love this city. But if you can leave in the summer, that's the dream.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I do run into some austin and it's it's funny to me because you'll run into them. It's like, oh, how long are you here? Let's get together, let's go have a drink. We don't do that in Austin, right, yeah, right, But for some reason, and when you see them, you know, while you're traveling, I was like, oh my god, let's get together, Like we don't do this back home, there's no need to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. It's that whole different mentality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not fake it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus you can afford to be in this town. I'm here for work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the hire to help right, Yeah, yeah, I know what you mean. But anyway, there's oh jb Cecily. I don't mean to leave you out of this because you don't live in Austin, You're in LA. But I was turned on to a great restaurant over the weekend that I want to tell you guys about. It's amazing and I imagine it's going to grow and grow. But the name of the restaurants is Whip My Soul. Whip My Soul, and it is. It's soul food, and it is unbelievable and it's at like when I tell you where it is, you might be a little bit surprised. It's on six point twenty just off of Anderson Mill Road, you know what I mean. You know that intersection out there and then there's the AGB and then on the other side. That's where it is. And it is unbelievable. Some friends of ours from the we're kind of a track family now because Landry throws the shot put in the discus and stuff. So we're all over the Central Texas all summer long. Well, one of the other couple families with kids invited us to go, and I mean it is unbelievable. I had, like, I had this cornbread dressing that was unbelievable, and then they had chicken and fish and pork chops and I mean the best sweet potatoes I've ever eaten in my life. Do you remember Hoovers? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, better than Hoover's. I think it's completely different too. It's like counter service. It's not a whit staff or anything like that. But if you're ever out in this part of Austin, go check it out.
Speaker 2: It's so it okay not to go too deep on this, but for those of you who don't know, I did do an Austin history podcast with Michael Barnes to The Statesman for several years, so I'm a bit of an expert on the history of Austin.
Speaker 1: There you are.
Speaker 2: I am just sharing that, okay, But it makes sense while you would have a soul food place out in the burbs, like that's Lakeline, uh yeah, pretty.
Speaker 1: Much, yeah, right south of it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, so you know, I grew up in Austin, and if you were going to get authentic sulfa, you mentioned Hoover's, that's East Austin, It's East Manor. But all the authentic soul food was definitely East Austin, probably more north of sixth Street, south of one eighty three, that area east of thirty five, inside of Airport soul food central. But now with a lot of the changes in Austin and people I've talked to, a lot of the African American families have moved out to the burbs, Cedar Park, Leander, Flugerville, round Rock and taking some of that with them makes sense.
Speaker 1: It makes a ton of sense. It's fantastic. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: To tell you, guys, I've lived in a lot of cities around the world, and Texas there's nothing beats Texas Austin slash Dallas for me for food.
Speaker 4: I mean, nothing in any place that I've traveled to.
Speaker 3: I know that sounds crazy, but I just think Texas has the best restaurants of any place I've ever been here.
Speaker 1: Well, it was not like that when I moved here in nineteen ninety five. It really was it. I mean, you grew up here. I mean, getting something like Golden Corral was good in Georgia.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean the cuisine and the Austin area. Like when you and I first started working together in the mid nineties, it was tex Mex so like really very cheesy, literally cheesy.
Speaker 4: Bright orange. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What we lived off of again I'm an Austin historian, is a lot of chicken fried steak. Yeah, you could get chicken fried steak everywhere in Austin. It was like as staple as chips and salsa that's gone by the wayside. And then of course barbecue. Yeah, we've always been good at the barbecue. I think we're better now than ever. But it was like Tex Mex chicken fried steak, barbecue, not much else. And now it's like, I mean a food lover's paradise.
Speaker 1: I mean anything you look at, like the top new restaurants in Austin. I'm going through the list. I don't know what any of them are. I mean, I have no idea what the dog in the flounder is, you know what I mean? You know what the peacock on a string, I don't know what that is. I've never heard of these places before, and they're normally a smaller you know, what do you call it? Farm to table restaurants? Or gang. You know what I'm saying. It's like I would never eat there.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that? Wait?
Speaker 4: Sandy, wait, wait, wait? What do you mean you you don't like that it's farm to table. I think that's great. You want that?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't want farm to table.
Speaker 2: I want you need more hands on this food before.
Speaker 4: I mean you want a loobies, I mean.
Speaker 1: Farm to tables. What that says to me is really small portions. That's what it tells me. I'm like, I'm going there to eat. I've got this whole thing that I'm always worried when I order at a restaurant. It's never going to be enough food. It always is, it always is it? Really it's a legitimate worry, it really is. I'm scared to death that what I order is not going to be enough. It's never happened. But it's just a fear.
Speaker 2: It's never happened enough.
Speaker 4: You're still worried about it.
Speaker 3: Do you have so much data to support that it's not going to happen, But you're still like, that's my biggest worry in life, nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Not my biggest worry, but it's a concern every time.
Speaker 2: You know you need to adopt and not to go off on tangent. But Sandy and I have this mutual acquaintance. His name is Rusty radio radio guy. Anytime you would go eat with up Rusty, he would start to make He loved buffets, by the way, but anytime he's chatting with either the cook somebody you know handling food at the buffet, which is ideal, or a waiter, he would say the same thing and he goes, you know, he'd order right. He'd be like, oh, the chicken fried steak, and I get can I get some jell o and so? And he always go this, and then you go and I'll tell you what, could you just put a little extra on there, just a little wild, just go wild. And he would shake his hands around like it's raining. Just just putt put a little extra And it worked for him every time. Every time they would just mister Rusty, sasly, you look like you could use a good meal.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: That's a Hollywood conflimence.
Speaker 4: Wait does it look like I'm kind of sickly? Thank you?
Speaker 1: You look like you're eating cigarettes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I've always had a really high I haven't had a lot of things go for me, but I've had a high metabolism, so I eat a lot. I stress heed all the time. One of these days I'll get out there again and we'll go eat. You'll see.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed. My daughter's got a friend. They're fifteen, and the girl comes over. She's tall and skinny, and this girl can just put away the food. I mean, we had spaghetti and meatballs one night, and I think she ate seventeen meatballs one night. It was just like, damn, girl, you counted, she counted.
Speaker 2: Are you just refraining from making a comment like you had to be just trying to control yourself about how.
Speaker 1: Much he ate? No, I was like, damn, girl, you can eat. You're gonna go ahead. I don't know, it's weird. I guess like my dad, I love to see people eat. I don't know, you know, I need too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out here is I don't know if it's a big Austin thing, probably not, but there's I have a few friends on a zempic, you know, and they didn't even need to go on a zempic. They I don't have diabetes, they have, but they just wanted to get real skinny, and I was always jealous. I was like, well, now they have a pill and I that was the one thing I got. But there's no zempic to get taller, right, I need a no zempic to get taller, and it's not I'd take it.
Speaker 4: If they had one, I would do it.
Speaker 1: The thing with those zimpic And we had a guy on a health and wellness guy, he's on the show with us once a week, and he was like, if you do that, you better take your supplements because you are ravishing your body of the nutrients that it needs to live. You need to supplement.
Speaker 2: Now they arena, it's just devours all your muscle, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, exactly. Well, didn't mean to get luxury with everybody about your ozemthic too. What do they say, you do you? I guess you do you? Yeah. JB is with us today, so is Cecily Nobler in Los Angeles and doing the show. Appreciate that you getting up early, Cecily, I know it's super early in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, JB.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I care about this. I really don't because it's got really nothing to do with me. But I think our listeners. Longtime listeners would like to know something too. Did you sell your airstream?
Speaker 2: I have not yet?
Speaker 1: Oh good, I know you want to sell it, but I'm glad you still have it.
Speaker 2: It's I've done a couple price jobs. I think it's about my rock bottom and I have not sold it yet. So yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Where am I going to stay when I come to town? You said I could stay in the air.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, I know a little pup tent will work just fine for you. Yeah, I still have it. I still have it, you know. I'm it's when I have things that I'm not one hundred percent sold on selling. Like a lot of people can relate to this in a marriage when you know their spouse is like that needs to go, and you're like it's for sale.
Speaker 1: That you put a price on it, that's just insane, that's what you're doing. Let me ask you this, would you keep it if you could have your old spot back at the trailer the place pe cong.
Speaker 2: Grove too expensive?
Speaker 1: How much is it now? This is the one on Barton Springs, by the way, that's been there forever and uh, in fact, that's where Tricia learned how to drive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So historically, you know, that's our original restaurant row right in Austin was bart and Springs, and there were there were actually three RV parks there for a long time. There was Shady Grove RV Park. There was one called like windsor Manor or something like that, and then there's Pecan Grove V Park. Congree Grove is the only one left. And I did keep my airstream there for about five years or so. It was this was in the mid two thousands. It was three hundred and fifty dollars a month. That is your space, electric and water. Three fifty that's pretty and fifty bucks. Last I heard, it's about seventeen hundred dollars a month to park your trailer there. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Oh that's sucks. Serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they kind of ran out all the retirees.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Balloonatic was probably gone balloon Tic.
Speaker 2: Last time I saw the Balloonatic, He's like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm moving to Hawaii. That's a clown. Cecily So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little a little little history of that RV park, cecily So. Not only were there there were three or four professional clowns living there at one time. I can't make this up.
Speaker 4: Would they have a union or something, and so they all just had to live in the same spot.
Speaker 2: Ballunatic was there, Limpy and doodle Bug. Doodle Bug most famous older woman who would do parties there. But they would, you know, they come and go on the weekends, like in full gear. You can't show up at the birthday party and put on all your stuff. So there were there were, Yeah, there were like four clowns. Lance Armstrong had a trailer Thereughe Connaughey had a trailer there. Chuck Woolery had a trailer there. The game show.
Speaker 1: Host son have one there too.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know about that one, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: I can't remember his name.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, now it's like, yeah, it's seventeen hundred box a month or something to park your trailer.
Speaker 4: Madness.
Speaker 2: It's it's rich people parking their toys there. Now that sucks. That's not never what it really was, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't blame the people forgetting the money if they can, I don't really blame them, But at the same time, it's definitely not the same as it used to being said that about a lot of Austin JB. Have you seen the guy on Instagram that goes up to people and ask them how much they pay in rent or mortgage?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then goes and looks at their homes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's an RV.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The most of the ones, well, the ones that I've seen are like the really high end condos and downtown Austin.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and it just makes me go, Yeah, there's a few different versions of that I've seen, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's an RV one.
Speaker 2: There's a guy. Yeah, there's one that does it more like it's i think it's more out of like, uh, you know La area, Okay, the beach people getting by, Like it's more of a but you're you're talking about these are fancy people.
Speaker 1: How do you live in Austin? Right, right, right right? It's just to me, it turns my stomach. It's like, that's so much of what is wrong with Austin is.
Speaker 2: What they don't tell you is that they have six roommates. You're right, they're fighting them in the broom closet during the.
Speaker 1: Tour, right, not great? Uh where do we get started? We started about with your airstream. So the airstream is for sale. If someone wanted to buy it, they can find reach out to GBO.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to sell it.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's priced good now, I promise you it's got quite a history.
Speaker 1: I've got an interesting airstream trip coming up. I'm going up to Well, I'm starting out in Sturgis, South Dakota, and then from there going to this little town I lively know what it's called to play in a golf tournament in Wyoming at Devil's Mountain Golf Club in Wyoming, and me and my buddy Marlin are gonna spend three nights in his airstream. I don't see this ending well, you know what I mean. I just don't see this going. Well.
Speaker 2: At a Way to Go, you're towing, the airstream is going to be there.
Speaker 1: You're the airstream is in South Dakota, so it's only like an hour.
Speaker 2: That's a long trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's only like an hour and a half to Wyoming where we're taking it, so it's already there. But yeah, I don't see this ending well. From Marlan. All right, guys, I'll admit it. I got this this topic off of Reddit, but I thought it was pretty funny. But there's some weird that the people on Reddit are weird. They're just who who are these people commenting on Reddit? Who sits there and comments on me? I don't understand it that you know who? I really don't understand the people that leave Amazon reviews? Who who does this? Thank god you do it, because I read Amazon reviews on everything I buy. But I would never in my life take time to write a review for a product that I bought.
Speaker 2: They're surely getting paid to do it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I review things I review on Yelp all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it. That is I mean if they do. You know how you get something bad off of Yelp? You pay them? Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Oh it's like they hold it hostage.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh so I'm the reason they're having to pay because if I leave a one star review, they're like, get this one off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got. I got offered a couple of grand take a bad review off of I got a water mainline put in the house, and and I even told the guy they called me right after it and I said, look, historically I only do good reviews. I said, this was such bad service that I didn't want anyone to go through what I'm doing, and they offered me two grand to take it down.
Speaker 1: Oh you took the money, right.
Speaker 2: I did well. I stretched it out. I thought i'd get more and I ended up with nothing. Oh what did you ask for?
Speaker 4: What did you try to get them up to?
Speaker 2: Well? Is it? The job still wasn't finished, so I didn't want to tell. Yeah, but it was weird, and I just that's the only time I've done a negative review, like I try to do positive ones. But my point was they were willing to pay me to take it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I flanched her something. I'm gonna just start writing a bunch of bad reviews everywhere and see how much money I can make take them down.
Speaker 2: Five dollars. Yeah, I could go.
Speaker 1: I would write those reviews, but I would take up my time from the money I make doing surveys online. Here's the rated thing that caught my eye though. Name an R rated thing that looks sexy in movies but not great in real life, And the first thing that came to my mind was taking a shower with somebody else that that looks great in a movie but it's not so great and real. It just it doesn't work out. Too slippery, I can't get me. There's a little friction. It's just too slippery, doesn't work out.
Speaker 2: I agree, Yeah, do I use a washhrage.
Speaker 1: Just the bar on them is an option? You know, it's not it's not great.
Speaker 2: It's complicated.
Speaker 1: You guys got any.
Speaker 3: Well there's the car thing we were talking about, like, you know, it seems it seems real cute, like in the I don't know, they're always in the front seat and they lean the seed back and it seems so easy to have sex in the car. But I don't unless it's a Limo, which I have done.
Speaker 1: It's not easys got lots of room.
Speaker 4: Well that that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Unless it's that, then you know, just a regular car that it's sexy in a movie but not in real life.
Speaker 2: And of all people, you're the least likely to need a limo.
Speaker 4: They're going to make a joke about my size because I'm so small. I guess I could do it.
Speaker 2: A Mini Cooper would have been fine.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you meant.
Speaker 3: Least likely to because I wouldn't go to a fancy place.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't need a lit like you you would need. Let's just get you a little wagon.
Speaker 1: Anything off the top of your head, JB.
Speaker 2: I know it's it's like, this wasn't intended to turn into, uh, just sexual activities, was it? It just turned into that.
Speaker 1: It's just anything that looks fun in an R rated movie, but it's not great in real life.
Speaker 2: Which would probably which would mean hooking up on in an airplane. Yeah, in the mathroom, it seems like a really sexy idea. And then but you know it's just got to be horrible.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you mentioned a small cars, JB. W To wrap this up for a second, but my daughter has an incredible disdain for a green Kia Soul. She hates them. She sees them on the car and out when we're out about she takes pictures of them. It's like, who would ever drive a green key? I don't know where it came from. I don't know what it is, but guess what she's gonna get on her sixteenth birthday or your kissoul. The Olympics are in full swing. They've been pretty fun, they've been entertained, a lot of great stories told, but it's funny. If you look on social media, there's a lot of people that are posting videos of Olympic performances from the nineteen thirties the nineteen forties, where you've got like the high jumper, the gold medalist jumped three feet, you know, the long jumper jumped like twelve feet something like that. And so I kind of went down a rabbit hole looked at some of the old competitions that used to be part of the Olympic Games. Things like tug of war were in the Olympics. Yeah, y, tug of war.
Speaker 2: Got a field day favorite.
Speaker 1: Listen to this live pigeon shooting live pigeons in the nineteen hundreds. In that nineteen hundred Paris Games, they were shooting live animals in them. I don't know how they did it. But solo synchronized swimming, don't you have to have someone else to synchronize with. I don't know how that worked. There was also rope climbing was in an Olympic event. In gymnastics, they had a horse long jump where they see how far the horse could jump, how far they could jump. Also, go ahead, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: No, because I mean, what horse doesn't want a golden medal. I mean they all they talk about it.
Speaker 1: But also fishing was included as a demonstration sport in the Olympics. No medals awarded, but fishing was introduced. I'll tell you who's become a big star in JBU were talking about it earlier. The female rugby player for the United States. She's a big star this isle.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm probably watching ten of the Olympic coverage that I would like to watch it so much. Yeah, like why do we have to jam it all into ten days? Like anyway, there is a lot of interesting side stories and I actually thought about you if you have not seen this young woman. So the women's rugby US rugby got a bronze medal, which is a big deal. Huge, it's huge. They're just not a rugby country in that we're talking women's rugby and it was a big deal. And there's an athlete on that team. Sorry if I'm saying your name wrong, but Yona mar m a h R. And she is awesome. She has built this huge fan base during the Olympics. She has two million Instagram followers. At one point she was like, oh my god, what if I get to a million? Like two days later it was it two million Wow. And she's a rugby player. Like, so there's two things going on. One, she's just adorably cute, but she is built like a machine. And so those who don't know Sandy played rugby, uh, it's a tough, tough sport. And her shoulders are like they're built like yours. Like, yeah, she's just run over people. But and she just if if you want to give your daughter someone.
Speaker 1: To follow, I'll put it that way that.
Speaker 2: I think is inspiring for young women. This is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is.
Speaker 2: Now Yeah, I saw a funny clip. She's like, yeah, I had my Olympics hat on and I was in the grocery store and this this old guy asked me, are you an Olympian? And she's like, well, yeah, I actually I am. And he's like what in gymnastics? Like he just threw it out there, and she's like, I'm two hundred pounds yeah, like you know, and she's just like laughing, and you know, she just embraces her her her size, her physicality and what God gave her. And she's just so endearing.
Speaker 1: She said that someone was being some hater was like saying her body mass index is probably like thirty percent, And she responded, she goes, yeah it is. My body mass index is thirty percent. But I'm going to the Olympics and you're not. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, That's what I'm talking about. Like this is we need more role models like this. Like I agree, she's adorable. She's having a blast. She's like she did a funny clip like it was literally just it's funny. You mentioned pigeons a second ago. It was this pigeon kind of falling around and all she was doing this is the streets streets of Paris, was complaining about the paparazzi not all like she just gets it, like anyhow Leona ma M A h E R I think is how you spell it. But such a good follow like and just a cool story out of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you recently updated your iPhone to the latest software update, there's something that you need to know about and it's pretty simple to do. I'll tell you about that in just a second. JB is hanging out with us today, so is Cecily. Cecily, what do you got going on that You're so busy you can only do one day?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to the Olympics. Oh, I am competing in the rugby uh thingy and uh.
Speaker 4: No, I've just got a lot of podcasts that I do.
Speaker 3: I do two podcasts. It's not as fancy as JB's and well.
Speaker 1: Rose Pricks is one of them, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Rose Pricks. We cover a bunch of reality shows.
Speaker 3: We as me and my partner Stephanie Wilder Taylor are not partner in life but podcast partner. And we also have one called bored a f where we just tell dumb dating stories and stupid life stories things like that.
Speaker 1: So grab those podcasts wherever where we get your podcasts, grab those again. One is called rose Pricks and the other one is called boord af r F. Check those out at it.
Speaker 2: Did you guys podcasts which you got? I hate boord af What one is called Kiddy?
Speaker 3: You know it's weird that you're just not telling me this because that's very specific.
Speaker 2: No, And to make it easier, wherever you get your.
Speaker 1: Podcast, Oh, your iPhone, there is a setting on your iPhone that you guys need to change if you did the new update. It's secretly tracking you and could allow others to interact with your phone when they're near you. Okay, So what you need to do is go to your settings and then choose the privacy and security tab, tap it, and then below that click on journal or journal lean and then turn that off. All right, turn it off because it just opens the door for people around you to interact with you, be at stores sitting coupons, or stores marketing to you or whatever. It's just something that they slip in there when you did when you're up with the update, that they don't tell you about. So that's why I'm here to tell you about these things.
Speaker 2: So the tricky thing when you share things like that is like, are you sharing it because you think like a criminal and don't want to get caught or you're just like one of those paranoid citizens.
Speaker 4: I'm like both, very honest.
Speaker 1: Well the reason a little bit of both. But what it really it makes me mad that they did it without telling making a big deal about it and telling everybody. It just seems sneaky to me. So I'm gonna, you know, shoot the middle finger at the man and turn it off so you can't do it, you know what i mean? Yeah, just yeah, they look they've got everything, honest already, you know what I mean, you're who you are and what you are. They know everything, so they don't need to know anymore. I hope not anyway, So turn it up.
Speaker 2: I'm just have the mindset and this is probably stupid, like if you're bored enough to follow me through life, like, I'm not enjoying this journey. So what does that say about you that you want to follow me through this? That is brilliant?
Speaker 1: That were you with me? When we were in New Orleans once when I had my fortune red and they told me. I was, oh yeah, I think it was a rugby trip and I got my fortune red by one of the street fortune tellers and she was like, oh wow, you're going to live to a really old age. I was like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't want I don't want that. Oh are you sure? Take it? Look at my palm again please, And then she was like, oh no, no, no, I was a mistake. That was your other line. She so yeah, oh yeah, she changed her entire thing.
Speaker 2: So me read your foot.
Speaker 1: Right exactly again. Check that out on your iPhone. Turn it off. I'll go through one more time. Settings Privacy and Security tab, click on journaling and then click turn it off. Cecily, time for you to earn your pay that you're not getting her this show.
Speaker 4: My venos open if you want, you can just go ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay open you know what.
Speaker 1: I'll send you a five to find it out. Cecily is here today, Tricia is out. JB is also with us. And for those of you that are not listening in Austin that don't know the history, JB and I did a morning radio show together for eighteen years and he's cool enough to come back and help out when Tricia is not is not here, So that's what's going on. Trish will be out all week. JB will be with us all week. Cecily just for today. But Cecily, I need you to make to do what you do best and tell us what's going on. In the movies. I mean, Deadpool Wolverine is huge right now.
Speaker 3: I mean it's the it's my favorite of the year so far. So there's a lot of bad stuff in theaters.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: I don't need to go through all that because who cares. But dead Pool and Wolverine. First of all, as you know, it's breaking to all the records within one weekend. It was like half a billion dollar. I mean, this is globally but it's insanity. You know, it's got the Marvel hype and it's got you know, it's even if you're not a Marvel fan.
Speaker 4: I don't think you guys are. You're not into bad stuff, right.
Speaker 1: I'm not. But I get it. I know it's huge. I know it's huge audiences for this. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I peaked with any superhero stuff with Hong Kong food, So spend some time since then, because it just it couldn't it couldn't get better.
Speaker 1: So I was I was a loofer Igno as the Hulk guy, you'll.
Speaker 2: Make him angry.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, But this is a big deal. And do you have any insight? I said it because I want to ask you about another movie that's out right now, if it's any good. I don't know if it's out yet, the new Matt Damon ben Affleck movie.
Speaker 4: Which one.
Speaker 1: I think it's called Instigators or something like that. I just saw it.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 3: But I want to tell you something about Dadpool before you move on, because I got to tell you something.
Speaker 4: First of all, go see it. If you can see it in IMAX.
Speaker 3: Do that, however, the biggest, loudest theater you can find. Because my point of bringing up the Marvel stuff is you don't have to be a fan of that to love it. It's so filthy, I don't, you know, leave your kids. Although there were a lot of kids at the press screening, but these are like Hollywood kids, so they've heard it all, they've seen it all.
Speaker 4: They're like a lot of seven year olds.
Speaker 3: But what I will also tell you this is a little inside scoop. They gave all the press these popcorn buckets that you couldn't get they were going to.
Speaker 4: I think if they sell them, they're super expensive.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you exactly what that popcorn bucket was because this is probably a family show. But on the side of it it says it's designed by Deadpool and it's Wolverine's face, and I can't tell you anything else, but you can look it up and it's kind of are And they're selling them on eBay. I didn't sell mine, I should have, but they're selling them for like one hundred bucks, these popcorn buckets, because they're you know, I now Sandy's making a face like he's grossed out.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was wondering that these buckets only given to the to the critics like you guys, well.
Speaker 4: I think you can buy them.
Speaker 3: I think you can get like if you go and buy a package deal when you get your popcorn and stuff, and they'll be like for all for fifty dollars, you can get this very fancy wolverine bucket.
Speaker 4: But it's dirty. It's it's a it's a dirty little joke, and so I don't want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't say what it is.
Speaker 3: But that was that was exciting for those who are fans. And also you mentioned Twisters. That was something you were you know, I feel like we live that. Though we don't need to see Tornado movies.
Speaker 4: We lived it.
Speaker 1: But it's huge the movie, right.
Speaker 3: It did well, especially for a reboot, you know, for something we haven't. The original Twister came out in nineteen ninety six, right, Bill Paxton, if you remember back in the day, way back, so yeah, I was Helen Hunt when she was doing like kind of romantic action leads, so long ago we're talking, but this one is sort of the poor man's tom Cruise Glenn Powell, which I find him a little bland. I feel like he makes Vanilla look exciting. Is he a he's an Austin guy. Yep, well, now see I always stick my foot. Well, no, he's my favorite.
Speaker 1: The movie Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. It's called The Instigators. I don't know. It's like a buddy comedy type of thing.
Speaker 4: And it's out now. Did I miss it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's out yet, but it's it's coming soon, I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about Wicked. That's the big one that's coming out before the end of the year. If you're a musical theater guy, which I know both of you are, got that comes except we're not