Speaker 1: Weird things happened in the back. Weird weird, weird.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our bloodshoe said, so Christmas queure, that's my sin of laugh.
Speaker 1: Let's get let's get one out of you, Alex. Yeah, let's I'm good. Come on, man, don't be a chimp. I am the ghost of Christmas future. Yeah, for real, man, you're a little turd burglar Scrooge right now? What he's a scrooge symp. You are a Scrooge simp. I got a lot to say about Scrooge.
Speaker 3: Really well, you're really acting like one right now. So can we get a ho ho ver?
Speaker 1: What? I gotta save it? Save it for the big man, can't I'm not the big one, dude. Maybe maybe at the end I'm.
Speaker 2: A happy scrooge simp when he's been reformed by the spirits.
Speaker 1: It's like happy. I was telling Jenny last night we were watching the You're a post Christmas So maybe by the time of this, the time of the end of the episode, I'll be ready to say it.
Speaker 2: I hope they're not empty words as usual.
Speaker 1: I hope these aren't false promises like you typically deliver us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope you come all out with Christmas cheer and we celebrate here year after year.
Speaker 1: That's wrong, that's wrong.
Speaker 3: But right now, like just saying in terms of the energy in the room, you're scrooge. I'm just that's fine.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is, for some reason, there's only two hats. Dude. We caught these like two years ago. That's an plenty of time to get a third.
Speaker 2: See the effect that Green Boys has already had on this production. It's it's it's working.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, it is.
Speaker 2: I can't only think, you know, in terms of us anymore.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny. For a minute, I thought that we were recording Green Boys.
Speaker 1: It has been fun. Do you want to recap a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: Before we get Yeah, absolutely, yeah that Wow. Look at us plugging our show. This is like completely organic.
Speaker 1: By the way, we.
Speaker 3: Didn't plan on this, but yeah, we just started doing a new show on Patreon called Green Boys, and it's just all goofs and gaps and laughs, like very lighthearted, silly, goofy time, and like we have seriously been happy, so much fun making that show. And I was just telling them before we started, like, why are you looking at me like that dog?
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at it? Why are you shooting those looks at me? Like you got That's what it is, dressing up someone to add to someone add to you mean one had to, Yeah, yeah, one add to.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we've been having so much fun and it is such a goofy time. So if you want to just see us like have fun and be very goofy and silly, go over to our Patreon and it's on our brand new ten dollars tier where you get green boys, you get.
Speaker 1: A discount code and we have them generated all the merch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll get fifteen percent off merch, and you get all of the benefits that are underneath the ten dollars tier. So, which are which are the discord our awesome Discord community with like five hundred people there, six hundred people in there who are all very chill, very cool. There's tons of different topics that you can go in there and talk about. It's it's a blast. There's like forty or fifty different channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also for anyone who hears Discord and might not might be like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: That sounds confusing.
Speaker 3: I personally recorded videos of myself explaining how to get in the discord if you are subscribed to the Patreon so it's a blast.
Speaker 1: But you also on top of that, you get the episodes early, you get Monday rather than Wednesday. Also add free, also ad free.
Speaker 3: So yeah, basically the ten dollars tier you get all of that plus our brand new show and a discount code.
Speaker 2: And at that five dollars tier with the discord and the early episodes in the ad free you also get another exclusive show hosted by me with Alex as well.
Speaker 1: So now we have a disclosure, full disclosure.
Speaker 2: So now we have three shows and it's exciting just to grow and just to put the stuff out after all this hard work.
Speaker 1: So thank you for your support. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and a merry Christmas. I'm the goost Christmas past, your past, I'm present. This is exactly how I imagine it too, me too, honestly.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, we're doing a Christmas Carrol episode. We all decided to watch the Jim Carrey two thousand and nine Christmas first week. It's so crazy to me that we all independently took the past, present and future ghosts and you said you're the past. I literally thought Ryan is definitely the past and Alex is definitely the future.
Speaker 1: Well, can we talk about how the past is literally a light being? Yeah? Oh, I didn't even think about that. Wait, wait, we got it. Let's keep it in order. I didn't even think about that though. That's that is the order. That is the order.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, like, like explain about like, but I have the same thought.
Speaker 1: If there's a gun, I'm on jump it. Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 2: You know, I have to say, all right, before we get into Christmas, Carol, I have to ask this.
Speaker 1: This is pressing.
Speaker 2: I have watched three Scrooge movies, and I think it's funny that last night we were all watching the Jim Carrey one at the same time, right, and none of us knew because we talked about this topic two or three weeks ago, you know, shout out Zeke by the way out.
Speaker 1: It was his idea. Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, bro, you gotta do an esoteric Christmas, Carol. And I don't know that it'll be necessarily esoteric. I mean maybe, but I was just like, you know, that would be a fun Christmas topic. So anyway, I've watched three Scrooge movies this year, just because we were doing this episode, and I have to say my favorite was the Muppets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, yeah, what about y'all? My favorite of all time just that you've ever seen, doesn't have to be Christmas movie. No, no, Christmas Carol. I've only seen one. Oh okay, so the Jim Carrey that's the only one you've ever seen. It's the only one that exists in my well, there are like fifty something. The Muppets one was fire, The Muppets.
Speaker 3: One is amazing, love the like the one with Huey doing and Louis like that.
Speaker 1: There is one Yeah, oh, Duck Mix Screwge. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that when I was really little. Duck Yeah, Duck Mix Scrooge. I forgot about that one.
Speaker 1: I had that on the VHS. Yeah, I watched it growing up a lot. That was really awesome. Yeah, the Muppet one is obviously but also sad. Yeah it really moves you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then like a couple of the live action ones are good. But I mean, honestly, yo, here's the thing. I haven't seen this Jim Carrey one that we all watched since I was a kid, and like, oh my god, Casey had never seen it.
Speaker 1: Uh, oh my god, is that movie not for kids? It was scary, yo, I was like tripping and there was a warning in the beginning. Yeah it was scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like scary and disturbing image.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude, it was like actually scary. And the reviews for it, I looked they were not good. But it's because all of the reviews were like, this movie is terrifying and it's not for kids or families. Amazing, Yeah, because it's like it's promoted as like a.
Speaker 1: The first children is is Dead Marley. Literally it opens on Dead Marley. The first thing you see.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy though, is it's Disney, I know, like they had Yeah, it's just insane.
Speaker 3: Every now and then Disney will do something that's like shocking. Whoa, Yeah this was shocking.
Speaker 1: I was very impressed with it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did not remember most of the things that happened in this.
Speaker 1: Movie, but you're right. The movie literally opens on Oh I'm locked in, dude, I've I've got the whole movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is like for those of you who don't know a Christmas Carol, I mean it's like probably the most ubiquitous Christmas story of all written by Charles Dickens.
Speaker 2: You're yeah, yeah, I wanted to just acknowledge that that my middle name is Dickens, and actually I am a Dickens and Charles Dickens is not like a direct ancestor like a grandfather, but he's more like a great great great great great however far back it goes uncle. Yeah, my mother's maiden name is Dickens, and that's that's my other family, so it's it's very interesting. Also, something I realized a few months ago. I was like, wow, my my middle name and my last name are both authors Dickens.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's true.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, I definitely got emotional watching these movies because I haven't watched a Christmas Carol movie ever since I was a kid. And when I was a kid, I was always ashamed of the Dickens name because I would get made fun of for it.
Speaker 1: Little kids.
Speaker 2: They're sure stupid sometimes, yeah course, and you know how kids are, what's your name and Dickens and yeah they make fun of you, right ye, So like as a child, I was embarrassed with the name, but obviously that's stupid now and I love my name.
Speaker 1: I love my mother's maid name. And all that.
Speaker 2: But I got really emotional watching these movies because it's my first time as an adult watching the Christmas Carol and it was just hitting me different, like, oh my god, this this was my ancestor writing this story that I'm watching as a cartoon. Like it just it really moved me, man, it it had me really in a in a type of feel. So I appreciated this episode and the work to get That's why I watched three movies. I watched Muppets, the Jim Carrey, and then I watched the Bill Murray one Scrooged Oh from the eighties. Dude, Yeah, that one's good too.
Speaker 1: Got about that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen that. That one's like a para. It's like, he's not Ebenezer. So the story is a rip of a Christmas Carol, but he's not Scrooge, but exactly the same thing happens, but the characters are all different names, and he's like a uh, he's like the president of a TV network and they're literally like in the movie, they're making a Christmas Carol production. So it's on the nose, but like it's happening to him.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Okay, I haven't seen it in a while. No, it's been a long time, bro. It's it's funny.
Speaker 1: I definitely haven't seen it since I was a kid. It was like nineteen eighty eight. Wow, it was it good. I liked it. Damn.
Speaker 3: Before we dive really deep into the story, Uh, let's just take a quick little aside. Do you guys have a favorite like Christmas movie generally?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I do.
Speaker 2: Now a Christmas Carol for you, I think so, yeah, just the story in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine's this silent film out of uh London called The Snowman. Oh, I'd like to watch that, and it just every year I watch it and I cry because I would watch it as a kid with my aunt and uncle at their house, and uh yeah, it's all it is is piano and opera music. And it's about this snowman that comes to life. This kid it snows. He builds a snowman. He can't sleep, he looks outside. The Snowman's alive. They go on an adventure. They ride a motorcycle, they fly through the air. They meet up with other snowmen, have a party. They're all dressed differently from because they're from all other parts of the world and then they go back home, he goes to bed, he comes back out and Snowman melted. Whoa, oh spoiler. I was gonna ask to watch it with you. It's like, I mean, you can see it coming for a mile. Yeah, right, the movies. The movies forty five minutes and there's no words.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, if you want to throw the best ess Christmas party ever, which we are going to have, yeah, obviously the view. We're having a like a little teen Christmas party at Alex's place next week. Here's my rule, bro. I realized this Halloween where I went to one party that didn't have a movie and we were at both parties. Yeah, I went to one party that didn't have a movie on Halloween Night with you guys, and it was a great party, nothing wrong with the party, but in my head, I was like, you know, every great Halloween party I've ever been to a.
Speaker 1: Movie on had a movie on.
Speaker 2: It was a great party, but I was like, I wish there was a movie on. And then the next night we went to another party and there was a movie on, and I was like, Bro, that's what I'm saying. So I'm telling you, if you want to have a great Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Throw that movie on, dude. So we're hanging out, we're doing whatever, glance over look at this scene. Well forty five minutes and it's on YouTube. It's silent, that's true. So let me get an exact name.
Speaker 2: And yeah, dude, throw it on. I'd love to just kind of glance at it while we're chilling. And I like movies on at parties.
Speaker 1: It's fun. I like, I don't know if I have like a number one from nineteen eighty two, sorry to cut you off, that's okay. The Snowman nineteen eighty two. Oh, full movie. It's twenty five minutes, thirty nine seconds eighty two. To have that on, I expected it to be like an old like twenties. Yeah, like you know, like before there were like you know, movies with the speaking in it.
Speaker 3: Uh, but one of my I don't know if I have like a favorite favorite. I have a few favorites I have. This is what it is for me. I have like the Christmas movies that for some different reason I have like a special connection to it. I don't think I have one favorite above all, but like, uh.
Speaker 1: What's that? Does it jingle all the way the na Yeah, that's a good one. It's so dude, it's like on the list of worst Christmas movies. I know, I love it. Everyone's it's a good one. It's such a fun movie and like it hyped me up. I had it on VHS.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I just related so much to the kid like wanting that one action figure so bad for Christmas, and then like his dad becomes that.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like it actually beats the villain. Yes, dude, that was a good one. I loved it when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: And then the one that's like literally always on in my parents' house no matter what, when we go as the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's definitely on the lie, the Jim Carrey Grinch. It's like it's hard to have a favorite for sure. Growing up, Rudolph was one of my favorites. Yeah, my parents always had that one on. Yeah, Frosty the Snowman, obviously the Grinch, but definitely right now for me, it's Christmas, Carol. Have you ever seen Prancer? No, you never seen Prancer. That's a fantastic Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: It's it's like probably probably came out like the seventies or eighties, and my yeah, yeah, would have that movie.
Speaker 1: She would play that movie year round all the time. She loved that movie The Grinch. Yeah, but a specially around Christmas time. Oh, for Christmas is a good, so good? That might be top three. That's a Christmas movie, that is a Christmas not a Halloween movie. Christmas. Don't get it twisted for sure, at least to me. Yeah, no, I agree, and that's probably top three. Yeah, wow, that's a that's a sweet movie. But honestly, I'm answer, no night remember for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Oh but what about France? Prancer has a very like just special place in my heart. It's basically like Prancer the reindeer gets disconnected from the sleigh and like falls like crashes like a star down into this family's like stable, and then they have to like nurse him back to health and raise him, and they like fall in love with him and all this stuff, and then he goes back the next year to be with Santa.
Speaker 1: It's like just a really sweet like it's a reindeer student exchange.
Speaker 3: Program kind of. And I could also be getting the prim is completely wrong.
Speaker 1: Hang on, let me see. I want to see he's in Vietnam with like war paint on. He's like, find out that that is a Christmas movie. I could get behind. You know.
Speaker 2: It's another one that came on as a kid that just always irritated the crap.
Speaker 1: Out of me. Apocalypse Now, No, I've never seen that. What is that a Christmas movie? No, it's a Vietnam movie.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, there was this movie that came on TV all the time that irritated me. Grandma got run over by all yeah, over and over and I was so sick of it.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was the premise. Okay, let me see a picture of Pranceville. Yeah. Is it like a real reindeer? Yeah? Yeah, this is the this is the movie. Oh my god. And it's actually a real deer in the movie. Yeah, it's not like CGI or anything. Watch that. Yeah, I want to watch that.
Speaker 3: It's basically this little girl is like she's like walking around in the woods and she's like this is it's like a very She's like seven or eight ish, so she's like starting to not believe in Santa Claus a little like starting to question if Santa Claus exists, and then she finds him in the woods. That's what it is. She finds him like hurt in the woods, and she's like, it's Prancer. It's Prancer, And she's telling the hose.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She she just believes it's pranc Er.
Speaker 3: She's telling the whole town it's pranc Or, it's Prancer, and and they're all like, it's just a deer.
Speaker 1: It's just like a regular deer or whatever.
Speaker 3: But then she keeps telling yeah, and then like turns out it's actually Prancer. Like Santa shows up on Christmas and was like, give me my deer back, and it was actually Prancer.
Speaker 1: Boilers. It's a great you know what. Growing up, I also loved the Santa Claus Wanted too. Oh how can I forget about?
Speaker 2: That's legendary status right there, the first one especially, Yeah, legendary status.
Speaker 1: Bro, have you seen any of these? I mean maybe I don't really remember the titles, you know, the Santa Claus with Tim Allen, Yeah, a long time ago. I really don't care for Christmas movies. Yeah, but like here's the deal.
Speaker 2: At our age, we're gonna start having kids, and kids like having the movies on. Those are the movies you put on and you watch with the kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, No, Olivia's got that unlock. Dude, she loves it. I just can't. Santa Claus is fired, dude, Santa Claus he.
Speaker 2: Dies to Mallan falls off his roof hanging Christmas lights and he dies and he no no, no, no, even worse, Santa kill Yeah, he kills Sanna.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One, so he becomes Santa. He has to become.
Speaker 3: There's literally like the Elves show up with a contract and they're like, whatever kills him has to becoming.
Speaker 2: You're saying, you're saying, now sorry. He starts transforming. He's just getting fast, he's getting hit. That's kind of a horror film. Damn, it's been a long time.
Speaker 1: I saw that. It's a good one. Ship Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: And his kid has a hard time believing, remember, but then in the second one, he's like the kid becomes like an Elf. Yeah, and he's like convincing everybody else to believe in.
Speaker 1: Seeing is.
Speaker 3: Isn't it the kid from No No, No, no, no no, it's not the kid. I think one of the later movies, because there's like three or four of the movies, one of the later has the kid from Elf in it. You've obviously seen Elf.
Speaker 1: Alex yea yeah, overplayed. It's a good movie. No, it's a good one. I don't know that I've ever seen Alex so unhappy. You know, you really are fully enveloping, like you are screwed. You're a down vibright now. No, no, no, no, no, I've told you what I am. You're screwed on Christmas yet to come. No, you're scrooge whatever, dude, he's screwedge.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're sitting here like reminiscing everything we love about Chris and then yeah, we're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you seen that? He's like, yeah, it's overplayed. It sucks, dude, No, it's just overplayed. Are you all over? Let's let's be candid.
Speaker 2: Are you still upset that I didn't buy you a hat? No, I'm gonna buy you a hat, man, No, I'm gonna get you It's a new way of thinking that I used to also buying you hats. I'll buy you a hat for green boys.
Speaker 1: You know that's my father's first words to me in life.
Speaker 2: So it should make you happy hearing that. Have some kind of response to that, Yeah, straighten up, it's just a hat, man, It ain't a big deal. Just funny ads, bro, that's all I got, and I can get a third.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good. Okay, you don't want to help, you just want to wear a hat. So do you have any fond, warm memories about Christmas? I'd love to awaken some like good will within you, you.
Speaker 2: Know, perchance, is there a story that you have me Christmas cheer? You might be willinda share a crumble kind of dark and gloomy.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's wearing black.
Speaker 3: There's no colorful pretty lights over there, Like it's like it's scary in that corner.
Speaker 1: Don't even like looking over there right now. I want to stay over here where we are and we're all bright and color.
Speaker 2: Look at your shirt, your shirt, you're green red. Yeah, you're like saying, on a summer vacation exactly in the Bahamas. I'm Sanna's nephew. He's in college. Yeah, he's in a mystery school. Yeah, in college to eventually become Sating. He's getting his doctorate in Santa Yeah, Alex is the Reaper.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me hear you say some cheers, some warm memory cheers. Who I'm trying to think of? So, man, I mean I generally have a pretty good Christmas every year, but I'm really into Thanksgiving and it really makes me mad when people jump to straight to Christmas without respecting Thanksgiving. I'm being serious, I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: You know it's like less than two weeks till Christmas, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know Thanksgiving was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. I'm just mad. I just really think. I just I'm gonna be one hundred percent ok that Thanksgiving is what Christmas wants to be about. Huh. There's no gift exchange? What at Thanksgiving? You are just purely there for for the connection and being around these people that you want to be around. And that's what Christmas gaslights everybody into thinking, Oh, Christmas is about spending time with your family. Okay, well we just had Thanksgiving, and now you're gonna throw some gifts into the mix, be like, oh now you got to buy somebody something to prove how much you like them. But just two weeks ago, you were hanging out with him just for fun. Everybody, I mean too. You know what this tells me?
Speaker 2: Man, he didn't pay attention when we recorded the Spirit of Christmas anything.
Speaker 1: We talked all about it.
Speaker 2: Lets plug the Spirit of Christmas episode where we talked about the esoteric origin.
Speaker 1: I just want to be perfectly about christ all I understand that, and I am. I am bashing modern day Christmas, not what Christmas should be about.
Speaker 2: Well, I bashed modern day Thanksgiving. Don't just hit back at me for the sake of hitting back at me.
Speaker 1: It was so powerful anyway. Let me think of something really was so powerful. It's a Christmas spirit.
Speaker 2: Was You're not going to trash talk my favoritelity, dude.
Speaker 1: I was just. I was just. I was a terrible kid. I was getting I was really into like trying to find where everything was hidden he Scrooge man and uh. But I really loved waking up before everybody, Like I remember Christmas as a kid, and I would wake up before everybody. I'm talking three four in the morning probably right right, you know. I'd the shift was changing and I would go in there see everything, the trees on, everything else was dark, all this wrapping paper underneath, all these boxes of different shapes. And then I'd go to sleep there on the couch and I wouldn't sleep. I just lay there on the couch and just watch it until the morning time. And then I remember my great aunt. My great aunt lived like a block away and my mom was one of the videotape moms where everything had to be on camera. Oh yeah, and then we couldn't start until my great aunt came over. But she's like in her eighties and no one, no one wants to call her and rush her. Yea, We're just sitting there like waiting waiting for her to come over to enjoy it. And yeah, that was you.
Speaker 3: Know, bro, I would wake the whole family up. I was the one with pots and pans at six am. Get the fuck up, it's Christmas's go sand I brought some shake, Come.
Speaker 1: On, I got beat if I did that.
Speaker 2: I notoriously had trouble sleeping the.
Speaker 1: Night before Christmas, Oh for sure. So there was one year.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably okay to talk about this now because it was like twenty five or six years ago.
Speaker 1: It's probably had enough time.
Speaker 2: I was about six years old at this point, maybe seven or eight, and I always as a kid had trouble sleeping, right, So there was one night on Christmas Eve that I really had trouble sleeping. So my dad gave me half an ambion. I screamed in terror all night.
Speaker 1: As Oh no, ants.
Speaker 2: Were thousands of ants were coming out of the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck screaming, Oh no, dude. And then the next.
Speaker 2: Day, Christmas morning, I was telling all my aunts and uncles about the ants coming out of the ceiling, and my.
Speaker 1: Parents are like.
Speaker 2: They felt bad. They're like, maybe we shouldn't have given him the ambien. They broke it in half, you know. They're like they didn't want to, you know, to think that they had done something wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so funny. No, that's what That's what southern parents do. My dad did stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Too, like give you half an Like when he gave me half the Uh, what was it?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't ambient. It was I didn't have the.
Speaker 3: Viking in when I was was getting on a plane. You gave you a Viking in half one and he didn't tell me what it was either.
Speaker 1: Dude. That's crazy. The only time I've ever been I could have been addicted to that. Maybe. Uh.
Speaker 3: The only time I ever went on a plane was when I was eighteen and we were going to New York for my like that was my graduation trip or whatever, and I got on the plane, I got really sick on the first flight, and then there was a connecting flight Viking. Yeah, we were we were we were running through the airport to catch our connecting flight, and I was freaking out, like panicking, like, well, if I can do I just threw it because I threw up on the first on the first flight, and then we're running to try to catch our connecting flight.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I don't know if I can do it. I'm freaking out.
Speaker 3: And my dad he just goes, put this under your tongue and and I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what he.
Speaker 3: Was doing, so I just like, uh, he put it under my tongue, and then we by the time we got to the seats to like sit down and wait to be to get on the plane, I was like like zalked. And then apparently I almost got us kicked off the plane because I was talking about guns or.
Speaker 1: Something and my dad gave me a try acting one time. What's that tray acting like a man? Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to spoil it, but I knew that one which one try acting?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, great, No, that's that's crazy wild his hard stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know, dude, that's like, you know, my dad has like my dad has like prescribed Arthur.
Speaker 1: It is like he's he's major pain. So yeah, he's always that's a that's obviously for him to prescribed it. That's that's the kind of stuff they sell on the street. Man, that's pills. I mean, that's the only time.
Speaker 2: But I was that's so funny, and you know what, bless you for not getting addicted like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like half a one, and I mean it just really honestly put me to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just like fell asleep and the woke back up and we were in New York. That's a step up from percocet. Do y'all remember the whole Tiger Woods thing, Like Tiger Woods is on the first time when I was young, the first Woods thing, thet time, what are you talking about? Anyway, he's on. They were like, oh, he's addicted to pain pills.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He came out and said something. And my whole childhood, dude, I thought I thought being addicted to pain pills was like popping advil like eminem. Yeah, I had no concept.
Speaker 2: Of I've taken lots of pain pills in my life because I've broken lots of and I am very thankful I never got addicted. I actually hated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there was one time in the in the twelfth grade when I broke my arm really bad. The time that I was long board and I had surgery. I was on pain pills for sheesh, like maybe like five.
Speaker 1: Or six weeks, damn, maybe maybe like three or four.
Speaker 2: And it just went by in a blur like it's just like I've never had was on the other side of it, Like it just makes your time distorted, and that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let's talk on Christmas Carol. Yes, Christmas Carol, Christmas? All right? Are we gonna lock in on Jim Carrey?
Speaker 3: Are we talking about like you can talk about it broadly, but then we can Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm locked in, I'm gonna be honest. All right.
Speaker 3: We'll go ahead and give us like the how does how does a Christmas Carol?
Speaker 1: Began? Alex dead Marley, who's Marley the business associate of Scrooge Beezer Beezer and Marley Scrooge and Marley. Yeah, and it's funny because the sign is big Scrooge and the EM's falling off. He died seven years ago to night. So they are like, uh, they're a money maker, they're money lender. Yeah, OK, so they're they're lenders. So basically they create, they create money out of nothing because never mind. So its leads you to believe because he gets visited by these people who are asking for Christmas donations. And this is where you start to see the really ugly side of Scrooge if you didn't already see the ugly side by his little assistant, mister Bob Cratchett, which is Gary Altman. Also Bob crash It is the man. Yeah, oh yeah, the crash It are my favorite. Bob Cratchit is dope, especially Tim the Goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so emotional every time, tiny Tim Man he moves me. Yeah I didn't yep, what you didn't want?
Speaker 1: No, just shit, I didn't. I'm not like, oh, poor poor animated boy, you're heartless when it comes to Christmas.
Speaker 2: You know what, his uncle didn't write it, so you know, I just I just I'm just thinking about old mister Dickens all these years ago, thinking about my litteral ancestor writing the ship. I'm like, dang, dude, this is I'm just thinking in his perspective, like this guy changed the world with this story.
Speaker 1: It moves me. You know, my sister's middle name is Carol. Yeah you know that. Yes, yes, I'm just saying, all right, cool, Okay, So what happens. You're led to believe that Marley was a little bit more charitable because they come in asking for these donations and Scrooge is basically like, get bent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like, Marley said that he would give us some sort of contribution, and he's like, Marley's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, been dead for seven years, dude, where you've been at? Wait? Oh, you know what's crazy. I understand the frustration for getting solicited, you know, sure, yeah, yeah, sure, But Scrooge is like the definition of mega mega mega cheap.
Speaker 3: He took the coins off Marley's eyes when he was in his cat, put him in his casket. You know, they used to put coins on people's eyes as like some kind.
Speaker 1: Of to pay the robo. Right, the ferryman, Yeah, we talked about that. What's his name then, yeah, the row and Greek is k h A yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Kiron's the centaur. Yes, he took the coins off the dude, that's how cheap he is.
Speaker 1: Then what he says is Tubbs Tubbs. Yeah, Tubbens is Toughens, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're dealing with like the ultimate materialist kind of wad. Yeah, mega tight wad, like the only thing that's important in life is money kind of guy. Like obviously everybody out there knows the story, but that who we're dealing with.
Speaker 1: So you got titwa McDuck ultra materialism, right, But it's weird because it's not. It's not ultra materialism in the sense of buying materialistic things. It's like buying is off the table though, it's only making and only saving. He has a very nice house. He has very like you don't see him wear outfits. You don't in his house. He has one chair, one table, and he's eating porridge there. Like he's not. He's not somebody of what is it opulence or ravishness. It's saving the money tight like holding the money.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, is like the sickest form of that, because it's one thing to like want and be like obsessed with getting a bunch of money and then spending it all on a bunch of whatever expensive stuff. But like imagine you're like a dragon like hoarding money and just sitting on it doing nothing.
Speaker 1: You're so obsessed with it that you can't deal with letting go of a coin. But it's his money, is the what's making him money? Yeah? Sure, so sure. But like the thought of leaving coins on his dead friend's eyes, like two little, tiny little coins. See, And that's interesting, that's too much.
Speaker 2: It's it's such an interesting take.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Like, you know, I think about I think about my necklaces that I wear and don't take off. Yeah, and I and sometimes I'll think about do I want to be buried with these? I don't what's the point? Yeah, I would rather give them to somebody that I care about while I'm still here. So it's like, is it necessarily It's like, okay, it frames it up perfectly. He's a tight wad ye like the as far as the movie's concerned, it's perfect. But as far as like the moral compass of what the actions that he's doing, it's not wrong. It just feels wrong. No, yeah, sure, sure he's not like it's like disrespectful, but it's not wrong.
Speaker 3: It's just like a filthy person. Like it's just like the type of person that you see him, and you're just like Oh yeah, but he's not like it's it's it's not it's writing a weird line where it's such a weird line. He's not necessarily doing anything evil, but he is just like so extremely selfish and uncharitable to others that it just makes you sick.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking that there's three places you can be in, right, and one is being a good person, and then the others being a bad person and doing bad things. But he's he's he is just not a good person. So if you're the most extreme version of you're not, he's a bad person. He is bad. Okay, that's true. I mean he he's truly bad.
Speaker 3: He did straight up say like like that. Dude said something like yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Said, is their prisons. Send them to the prisons and the nuthouses and and this and that and good.
Speaker 2: And they'll catch he says, I'm like, they'll catch playing and die good. We'll kill off the surplus population.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, And so we get here, right, Yeah, And so he's he was evil he's at that point, no, yeah, yeah, And and I'm glad you brought this up because he's anti human. Yeah, yes, his anti life. He is anti human at this point, he's humanity. He's anti like people getting together to just for one day be happy and celebrate and be grateful, even if poor. His nephews like, uncle, come have Christmas dinner with us. He's like, why you're you're too poor to celebrate this? You have nothing? Why would you be grateful? It was it was that, and it was you don't make money. Yeah, it was like, why are you going to what are you going to stand around and do nothing and not make any money? Yeah, like for a night. He couldn't deal with the thought of people doing that for one night, not making money. So he's it's such an interesting spot to be in, right, it's this weird like because he's not he's not. He didn't kill Marley, right, you know, but right, he's anti human. So you have this anti humanistic figure. And this keeps popping up because his nephew that you brought up made this comment, which was, can you not just celebrate the day with the fellow travelers to the grave? Yeah, so for one day everything disappears and we all become humans because we're all just travelers to the grave. The same repeating theme, And this is why I've chosen my character for this episode, because this character ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, brings his theme all the way back full circle in the end. But we're not there yet.
Speaker 2: Bro, Please promise me the next year or the year after, you'll you'll watch the Muppets one.
Speaker 1: I just want you to. Just I can't. I can't make that promise in good conscious. Well you're not a good friend. I'm just kidding, man, But it's it's really good, man. I just it's escalated so quick. He said, it's so soft, and it was so harsh. Well, you're not a good friend. Yeah, he officiated my wedding. But we please stop. I didn't watch the Muppets. Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 3: You're not a good friend, like whoa Seriously though, man, seriously, though, you're not a good friend.
Speaker 1: You're a toast. Okay, And so then he's a piece of shit. He's the worst.
Speaker 3: He's the worst, and he doesn't like Christmas and everybody honestly, even though he's being rude to everybody like they feel bad for him, everybody else feels bad for him.
Speaker 1: He sucks the life out of every situation. He is a part of going home. Yeah, that's a good point. That everybody feels bad for him.
Speaker 3: Everyone feels bad for you, and he is trying, like actively trying to make others feel bad for themselves, but it just makes them feel bad for him, even like his one single employee, Bob Cratchit is it cratch It is like like dirt poor. Yeah, he's dirt poor, and he lives in a house with like a bunch of people and his kids, and he doesn't make enough money and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: He's very poor.
Speaker 3: And even he, by the way, just got yelled at by Scrooge for wanting Christmas off the one day. He like, you want the whole day. He's like, you really want.
Speaker 1: The whole day? I suppose you want the whole day so you can pick my pockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he's like, yeah, like the day off. Like even him, he was like, you know, I feel bad for that old fucker, Like toast to his health. His nephew was like, ah, we feel bad for him.
Speaker 1: To said the sponsor of our meal toast. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so it's like, even though he's so miserable and terrible to people, they just feel bad for him. Yes, But so everybody, you know, whatever, he's the worst and then basically I think it was just it was December twenty fourth, Christmas Eve, Right, he gets visited by a ghost. Oh my god, it's so scary immediately, it's as soon as it gets to the ghost.
Speaker 1: Stuff, it's like. So it starts at as doorknocker. Yes, Marley is in ghost form on his door knocker. Total haunted, MANSI vibes. Then he writes that off goes inside. Yeah. Then sitting in his very very poor, very very nice house with nothing in it. The lights are off, there's no one home. Yeah, it's a big empty house. He's eating porridge in his old but amas in his old room with his old stuff. And here comes Marley dragging his chains and his weights. And this is very important. This is very important because of something that gets said in the end. But Marley is the exact opposite of what gets sent in the end. He's chained up and has to haul around all of the bad doings he did in life, and he can never stop. So who does that remind you of a little bit? Nick sisifis it does, that's a good point. Cursed for eternity having to drag around his chains. And then he looks at Scrooge and says, your chains are much longer even now you ain't even dead yet, son, and you got more chains than this. Four chains. Oh dude.
Speaker 3: It was crazy too, like just seeing him seeing the weights, like he throws the weights in through the window and like the chains and all that stuff. And then at one point he like yells and his jaw breaks and it like splits his face.
Speaker 1: Like splits open, which I think has something to do with how he died. It was so disturbing, like I think he I think right, because his head was wrapped and his head was wrapped and then his jaw fell open, so he he died of something having to do with the jaw or the face. That is really interested that damn. Yeah. Yeah, his his freaking jaw like unhinges like a snake. It's like, you know, when this movie started scary.
Speaker 2: Initially, I was kind of like put off by the older animation style, Like Jenny kept saying, is this from the people that did Polar Express. It's like, I don't know, and the.
Speaker 1: Polar Express is worse, way worse animation. I hadn't seen it in a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's horrible, And it like at first in the Scrooge Movie. I was a little like kind of in shock because of the animation we have Now. I was like, dang, this really doesn't look that good. But but once you start getting to the ghosts and stuff, it really ramps it up, and I was really impressed with all that stuff. Like it it ended up being super trippy. I was saying, super crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying throughout most of the movie, like it's weird, Like one scene would look so amazing, like incredible, it would look like real, and then the next scene would be like very.
Speaker 1: Not dated, very dated. So it was weird. It was like scene by scene the movie was like evolving. It was just jarring. The whole movie itself is jarring.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like it almost does have a horror vibe a little.
Speaker 1: Bit like I have to feel like it was its own purpose. Yeah, I think so too. I mean it is Disney bro like, yeah, it it is like a horror movie. Do you think that maybe that they were playing with the past, present future themes throughout the animation.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's good because like think about like when the ghosts are present, the crazy animation like Ghost of Christmas Present. I know, I jumped a little ahead. I'm not gonna talk about you know, the nature of it. When the floors ripped open and the world is like turning on its side, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, whoa, this is kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: It is very trippy, like the way this movie plays with perspective.
Speaker 1: Yes, nuts perspective. Oh, it's so cral crazy because at one point with the ghost of Christmas Hity to Come, he shrinks down to the size of a mouse. Yeah, but I think that has to do with that particular ghost. So anyway, what I thought was really interesting about Marley's presence is the chair is in one part of the room and when he throws his weights, the chair begins to move around. And when he leaves right like, he spins the chair, and then on his way out, the chair moved. It gets caught and moved.
Speaker 2: Actually, if you look, I'm pretty sure it pulled him on a ghost chair.
Speaker 1: It did. That's what the chair sat still. Yeah, it was a ghost. I don't think so it is.
Speaker 2: It was a ghost, a ghost chair off the chair and it had a like imagine the chair had a ghost. He was pulled the chair stage still, and he was pulled on a ghost version of the chair.
Speaker 1: True, okay, because I was going to say that when he left, Marley left and the chair spun it went back to exactly where it was once because it was okay, so that makes sense. And then that was a theme that kept happening with every visit is everything would get put back right. So it's like, is this all in his head? Did this really happen? That happens over and over, right, So Marley visits him, tells him he's going to be visited by three ghosts. But he did say over the next three days, right he did? He did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then well three was it three days? Because wasn't it Christmas Eve that this happened.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, he said it was going to be over the next three days. He snaps back to that's right, he does. He does. So then the ghost of Christmas Past shows up. Dude, Okay, that was kind of scary. It was very scary and uncanny, the voice and the voice, the whisper Jim Carrey's face inside of a candle, like it was.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the face is changing. I was literally said out loud. It was me and Jenny were making a blanket. You know how we have those tied blankets and we were making one to watching the movie and I looked up and I saw the candle's face changing and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, it was scream Yeah. Yeah, you don't have your headphones on? No, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 2: I kept thinking it reminded me of Harry Potter, like the parcel tongue. They're doing the out like whisper speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spooky.
Speaker 3: So basically, the Ghost of Christmas Past shows Scrooge pretty much like why he hates Christmas like shows him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just we unraveled the trauma. Yeah, from the past, the trauma he has related to Ye so isolated as a kid. Yeah, it's a light being. It is literally made of light. Yeah. What I thought was really funny is Scrooge, Okay, you just got visited by a ghost. Now you're getting visited by what the ghost told you you were going to get visited by. And then he's like, can you just turn it down too bright? Like he's just trying to control the situation. So still, it's really interesting and it never ends. And what did it say? The Ghost of Christmas Past said something to the effect of, with your mortal hands, you would dim my light. Yeah, and He's like, no, no, no, that's not what I meant humorously because it is a little comedy esque too, But yeah it is. It was funny part, yeah it is, and it was so weird that like the little light being but yeah, it like shows him his trauma related to his past and Christmas and why he's all mean and whatever. His lost love, his lost love, he had a love.
Speaker 2: He was like, I don't know if he was engaged or they kept saying they had a comment pour together, yeah got married. Well they weren't married. I don't think they were.
Speaker 1: I think they were married. I think that's what the kind of it just said contract. It just kept he said. I think that was speak for. That was the marriage track. I I do think so just going with the age, the time that had passed and that version and in the Muppets version, which you might think that's funny, but actually word for word, a lot of this version was the same as the Muppets version. So I have a feeling they're both just pulling from the book. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was never like an express mention of marriage. So I had this suspicion that they just never got married.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: They were like going to be married or maybe they got engaged. That's maybe what the contract was. But I tell you one thing. She delivered the fiercest breakup line of all.
Speaker 1: Times in this movie. She said, I release you. I was like, you know what? You know what shot me? Bro?
Speaker 2: In the movie, he literally sprints over to her and grabs her arm and yanks her and says, did I say I want to be released?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah I was. I was like he was yelling at.
Speaker 2: Her, abusive, grabbed her and yanked her. He's like, did I say that?
Speaker 1: And it's to show you that, like his obsession with money has changed him. Yeah. He was so.
Speaker 3: Gentle and like loved her before, and you know they danced together and everything, and then now he's banging the table.
Speaker 2: And replaced her as I yea he did. He banged the table, didn't he. The more we're talking about this movie, the more I realize actually how good it was.
Speaker 1: It was actually like like it was. It was because I just watched three Scrooge movies. I had a spinning dude, but was good. It looked a little like, you know whatever, but it was. It was really better than I remembered it was. And this was I think one of the only times when he was with one of the ghosts where he could not bear it. Yeah, this and then one other time, but this was even like this was his greatest regret in life. Yeah, he was enjoying watching all the other memories, Like even when he was watching himself be alone as a child, it.
Speaker 2: Was like, those are my friends. I remember them, this was my school. And the spirit was like, could you do something like do you know where you are? Do you know how to get there? So there's one look like I could do it blindfold?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part and he's enjoying watching his uh his what's an apprenticeship Fezziwigs, which fun fact in the Muppets version, it's Fozzy Wigs. His Fozzy Bear is the boss. I thought that was hilarious, dude. But he's he like enjoyed watching his mentorship. He enjoyed that's where he fell in love, right, and he enjoyed all Christmas party uh huh uh huh. And then she comes around and he literally was like, I can't bear this anymore.
Speaker 1: Take me from here. He puts the light out, Yeah, suppressing his trauma. Yep, he uses a cone to like put it over the the cone that had been carrying around the whole time. Yeah. Yeah, the spirit had the snuff. Yeah, yeah, the candle snuffer put it. Yeah, he put it over. Then it launched his ass like a rocket. That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it literally launched him like a bottle rocket up to the freaking moon.
Speaker 1: Almost. Boy, that was a NASA rocket. That was That was Yeah. That was up there. Man, so crazy.
Speaker 3: And he basically lands and then like it almost immediately the next one starts.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, pretty much. Immediately, I think he's hearing like somebody laughing in the next room or whatever, and he goes in there and that was it was that, So we get to the present. Christmas Present.
Speaker 3: The Ghost of Christmas Present was my favorite because I was he was he looked like a god.
Speaker 1: He looked like a Greek god like or like a Norse god or something. One of my favorite one of the things that I noticed that was my favorite about the Ghost of Christmas Present was with the Ghost of Christmas Past, they went to the past and the Ghost of Christmas he had to come. They went to the future with the Ghost of Christmas Present. They never left the house. Yeah, they just stayed in the house and he just showed him through like the reality changed around them instead of them going someplace different, which.
Speaker 2: Was really cool, the present here and now he saw, so he saw his nephew, and this version is true, and all three that I saw, I mean, it's all the same, but this was identical in all three that I saw that they're they're playing a game and the party with his nephew and all these other friends of his at Scrooge was invited to this party, but he's like, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to go to your stupid little Christmas party. And they're playing this game like is it an animal? Yes? Is it a horse? No? Is it in London? Is it? Is it an ash? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does it have four legs? And basically the answer ends up being Scrooge right, yeah. So Scrooge hears that, and then they all start laughing and they're like, he's a miserable old fool and he's so he's witnessing in real time his effect on people, his effect on people that they hate him, but then they.
Speaker 3: Ultimately say like, yeah, but we feel bad for him. Let's cheer whatever. And then it shows Bob Cratchit and his house and it shows them like eating a goose and like wishing they had turkey, and Tiny Tim is dying and like all this stuff and they can't afford to to, you know, take him to the hospital and they're like they can't afford.
Speaker 2: You know this part because when he's looking at Tiny Tim and he looks at the spirit and he's like does he die?
Speaker 1: Does he die?
Speaker 2: And the spirit it's like he kind of goes into this trance. He's like, I see an empty chair in the corner corner with crutches fixed in place, well preserved. And Scrooge was like, please save him, Please save him. And then the spirit's face turned to Scrooges and it says something like, oh good, we can rid the surplus population. Like oh, like he's seen the horror of his actions. Yeah, I love the way it told that. Yeah, you know, it's very scary.
Speaker 3: And it was really cool. Like by the way Jim Carrey plays all of the ghosts.
Speaker 1: What, yeah, I didn't know that the voices. That's even better.
Speaker 3: All that happened in that scene was the beard went away and you saw that. It was yeah, it's all I.
Speaker 1: Didn't do that. They're all Scrooge. So the Ghost of Christmas Present prior to any of this happening, any of the ghost activity. He went into that room and it was bare and empty, right, and he locks that door, and so that makes me believe that that was his Christmas room prior to his whole life falling apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because after he locks the room, like the Christmas tree like materializes and the present then.
Speaker 1: He goes in there and it's just like Christmas and the Ghost of Christmas present. That's probably that's probably what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, the ghost shows Scrooge like the different things that are happening in the present as a direct result of his behavior and the negative way that he's affecting those around him.
Speaker 1: And then then it gets weird. Then it gets really weird because he starts talking about strikes. He starts talking about like you must know my brothers, like there are over eighteen hundred of them, eighteen hundred and forty two, eighteen hundred forty two to be ex which that part I don't really understand, dude. I'll tell you exactly what it is. It was the year eighteen forty three. Thoughts, he is the ghost of Christmas, the Ghost of Christmas present. Every year is only the present Christmas, so like every year there's a new one. Okay, that's I was thinking about this today, he said. He said in the movie, he.
Speaker 3: Said, like our lifespan, uh my, cond the lifespan of my kind are brief on this globe.
Speaker 1: It's because he.
Speaker 2: Lives that year, the present every and then he withers away. And that's what I thought, but I didn't really see.
Speaker 1: I put that together because I looked up the era of the Scrooge film and Victorian era Europe, yeah, or London.
Speaker 2: Also, we forgot to mention that in general, this story is just like a total Gothic masterpiece.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, the Christmas Carol.
Speaker 2: Just like the fit dude, just like he's always got the like thee yeah, the setting, like it's just it's just pure Gothic masterpiece, which which is an element I didn't expect. A man just reminds me of blood Borne all the way. And I know I keep saying this, but especially the Muppets version, because it's a physical sense, you know, and it's I loved that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so then the clock strikes twelve on the ghost of the Present and he turns where there's a westshes dust to dust.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, gone, that wasn't in the Muppets version all that entailed.
Speaker 1: Next, Yeah, it was interesting. Casey mentioned something that I didn't really pick up on. First of all, she's the one that like told me. I was like, what does he mean he has eighteen hundred brothers eighteen and she's like, it's it was the years.
Speaker 3: And then she also said that she thinks that the Ghost of Christmas present represents like God, like he like he is like the Spirit of Christmas, like his jolly demeanor, like he's what.
Speaker 1: I kind of thought that too, I I yeah, And no, that's just because the I am the present, like the presence at Christmas. You were present, right, But then that reminds me the first words out of the first Spirit's mouth, the light being the past, the first words that he ever said was I am yeah. Uh huh, Yeah, that's remind him. Sorry, it's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like the ghost of Christmas past, present, and future. It's like God, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that that would necessarily be out of the question from the like I'm just thinking, like you know, Victorian era actual Charles Dickens writing the story in the eighteen hundreds, what he would be thinking symbolically about these characters. Like, I don't think that's out of the question about it, No, Yeah, I mean it's very supernatural, it's very revelatory experience, very esoteric. I mean, like because when we finish the story we can get into you know what it's, what it all means.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's obvious that the Ghost of Christmas Present is supposed to be like the Spirit of Christmas.
Speaker 1: He's basically like Santa Claus. He's like ho ho hoan, and he's big and jolly and yeah, and so he's like the thing laughs a lot lot, which is you know, some people have a personal philosophy that the life it's a cosmic dance or a cosmic joke, like you were present in the joke. Hahaa.
Speaker 2: Would do you guys know about the Victorian Father. It's like the old version of Santa he was. He's dressed like that. He's dressed like big green road kind of like pagan attire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember the Dickens Festival Christmas. They would have one walking around every every year. It's like an old Victorian kind of rendition of Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Nick if you need something to do over Christmas, I think that would fit what you could get that outfit and be that guy. Okay, I'm just saying you fit the character. I think that's a compliment.
Speaker 2: It is, Yeah, you do need something to do with that was that was the part that I oh, I was just making a joke like, if you need something, dude, get that outfit.
Speaker 1: Well ready right, that was the part I'm flattered by the Yeah, move over, mal Santa, Yeah, yeah, hell yeah, we got what's it called father Father Victor Victoria Victoria, father Victory. I think it's the Victorian father Victoria.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so he dies and then the final spirit that haunts.
Speaker 1: Us Alex, Yes, yes, yes, yes, he doesn't say anything at all. Yeah, no words, And in fact, I think he really only materializes as a shadow. That's it. No, his hand will pop out of the shadow, that's true. It does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and at very first, when you very first see him. That was also, by the way, crazy the clock strikes twelve. Scrooge like looks down at his shadow, and his shadow starts like moving and taking shape, and then you can see it's like the skeleton.
Speaker 1: The hood in the robe. Yeah, the hood in the road. It's standing like this, and then it just like pops out of the shadow and grabs him. So at this point Scrooge has learned a lot of lessons. Yeah, but he hadn't been scared straight, right, because he's still back talking these spirits. He's still when the when the when. He's standing there, right, and the spirit turns into the shadow and they're sitting there in it's dead air and no one's saying anything, and he's like, come on and spin it. I've got time, got to be somewhere, right, That's a good impression, and then it just knocks him on his ass and send him down a flight of stairs. Yeah, like, who are you right? You wordle being right? And so I love that aspect of it. Yeah, yeah he's not. He thinks he's right, but he's not right yet. Yeah yeah, So flies down a flight of stairs, continues to get beat up, and then oh dude, this one was crazy. Yeah, it was crazy, and I was kind of fading.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to remember the sequence of things. Yeah, did the grave happen first, or did the horse carriage happen?
Speaker 1: The horse carriage happened first, So he gets chased, he gets chased and he's running from the horse carriage. Oh no, no, he lands at the bottom of the steps. Here's where here's what happened. I'm fixed now. Lands at the bottom of the steps, and the guys are talking about his funeral there you go, Oh, you know, I can imagine it'd be a really cheap funeral. Who would want to go to that? And then the guy said, I'd go to that if lunch was provided, and so he's like, man, he doesn't know who they're talking about. And then here comes the horse and carriage. He's running for his life and shrinking and shrinking to the size of a mouse. Right, so he's being humbled physically, he's being chased, scared to death, and now he's becoming small, like, hey, you are physically being humbled right now, you're the size of a mouse. And then he ends up in his one his house has made his housekeeper's house, right, and she stole his bed curtains, his bed sheets, his robe, and she's fixing to sell it and she's like, oh, you're going to give it to her husband. You're going to be so warm tonight. We got these shoes. The old man finally croaked and he's sitting there on the floor looking up like that's my stuff, you know. And the only nice thing she had to say about him was good riddance. I got his steps. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you see the departure of our dearly beloved Tiny Tim.
Speaker 1: Oh he didn't make it. He did not.
Speaker 2: The Cratchits were devastated, and we are left with Bob talking about his grave being by a grassy green field that he promises to walk by every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he just bursts into tears. And while he's walking, while Bob Cratchit is walking up the stairs to go to Tiny Tim's bedroom, like he stops when he's face to face with Scrooge's like spirit ethereal version. So they're just like staring.
Speaker 3: And like Scrooge is like fully mortified in this moment. You can see it on his face. He is just like devastated with what his like decisions have, you know, have done for this family.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Then we come to the coffin. Oh well, in this one, it wasn't a coffin.
Speaker 1: No. We go to his bed first, yeah, yeah, yeah. We go to the bed first, and there's a figure laying under the sheet on the bed and he's scared to death. He knows.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm not gonna do it, and the spirit keeps pointing like pull the cover, like look, and the spirit begins to pull the cover, and.
Speaker 1: He said, like, good dick, get spitted. Yeah, don't show me. So he doesn't, and then you end up in the graveyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't show. The spirit doesn't show him who's under the he said, fine thing. Yeah, He's like, fine, cool, we'll do this instead, and then he takes him. He takes Scrooge to his grave and it's like in this like desolate, snowy, like shitty little hill.
Speaker 1: It's interesting if you think about the hole back and forth that I've been bringing up about him being and thinking he's been in control. And so then he's like, don't show me, like he has some sort of say right, and then the spirit it's like, fine, but I'm gonna show you anyway. Yeah, like it's just in a different way. Yeah, I'm gonna show you something else.
Speaker 3: And you know what's funny, by the end, he was begging to know who was under the sheet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna draw a pair a lot of life here. The same thing happens when you were like, no, when you resist what you know has to be done, it still gets done, just in a different way. Yeah yeah, I mean yes, definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so he's like he's sitting in front of his own grave. He like gets up and tries to walk away, and then the ground starts sinking underneath him, like right in front of the grave and it sinks, and he's like grabbing onto the ledge like no, no, no, no, I get it now, I understand the error of my ways and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: And the grave is getting deeper and deeper and deeper, and then it starts to glow red, and like I was like, holy shit, he's going to hell.
Speaker 3: Like yo, it goes like so deep down and then at the very very bottom you can see like a coffin, but it's like glowing like fiery red and orange. And he basically like he's begging for his life. He's begging like, you know, can I change it? Like if I go back, can I even change it? Can I change any of this? Like what is this going to do?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he said, is this oh?
Speaker 2: Because we forgot to say in the very beginning, Ghost to Christmas Past was like these are only shadows of what have been. They are not able to see you, you are not able to alter them. So then he's asking the spirit, are these shadows of.
Speaker 1: What will be? Or what? Maybe? Can I change this course?
Speaker 2: He's like, please, I've learned my lessons, Please can I change this this outcome?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and obviously the ghost of yet to come can't. He doesn't speak, so he's not getting any answers, and he falls into his casket and then wakes up on his bed on Christmas morning.
Speaker 1: He's like, what what is he say? This is the most important part of the movie to me. I'm liked as a feather. Yeah, I'm as light as a feather. Yeah. He's literally dancing around and jumping around like a little schoolboy. He even says, I think like I feel like a little school boy. Like he's so full of whimsy, and this is like before this is my favorite. By the way, he would walk by people just singing Christmas music and be like, like tell him to shut up, and like if people showing any amount of joy was disgusting to him and he just thought it was weak. But now he's like a little boy, a little school boy. I cracked up father.
Speaker 2: When they were like doing carols outside and he jumped in on the carrol.
Speaker 1: He did cracked. That was so funny. So yeah, he obviously he learned his lessons and it transforms.
Speaker 2: I just loved the enlightened Scrooge man because he's He's what I want to be, so bad man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's what we should all listen.
Speaker 2: I wanted to I wanted to make a parallel here so my friend Matt, I want to shout out, Matt, I know this. This was I just decided to do this. This is not a planned plug, but he has this podcast here. Matt Bell's limitless, right. I just fle out to Florida last week to do a show, and Matt was like, you need to listen to a recent episode of mine that I did where I had on the Grand Master of the Knights Templar. Remember I was telling you guys today about that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've been listening to this episode. Like when I go to the gym, I'm you know, doing whatever, working out, driving in the car whenever I just have a little bit of downtime. I've been listening to this episode because it's quite long, and I wanted to make this parallel. I heard this today on this episode from the Grand Master of the Knight's Templar, which is insane to hear a grand master of this order come out and speak and talk about their doctrine and an official capacity. And he said, straight up, we hold the doctrine of reincarnation, that it is about the gnostic ideals, that we have the sacred divinity within us that were all aspects of God. Some traditions call it the sacred flame, but that the whole purpose of incarnation here is to cultivate this inner light and adhere to our conscience. He said, we have to adhere to our conscience. We have to be connected to this inner aspect of our divinity. And he said, as within so without. So as you become connected to this divine aspect of yourself and you follow your conscience, your outward life will manifest to be like that which is within. And I thought that was amazing because I was like, oh my god, that's the story of Scrooge. It's literally the esoteric doctrine. Now, I bring up the templar thing because it was relevant, right, but that's in general the esoteric truth. I'm just saying the templar part because it was like a recent random really cool, a really cool parallel, right, but it's literally the story of Scrooge is the esoteric doctrine. It's like, it's following your conscience, being joyful, light as a feather, or enlightened to purge your negative karma.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The difference is that Scrooge was just so willfully unaware that he had to have his literal ghosts come and grab him by the head and force show him those aspects of his subconscious, those aspects of his conscious that he needed to face.
Speaker 1: Like, he was so willfully unaware that he had to be like smacked. He had a.
Speaker 2: Genuine mystical revelatory experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's like he had to be haunted by these spirits to see that.
Speaker 1: He was asleep. Yeah to the truth. What is the truth?
Speaker 2: It's about your conscience, about being heart centered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, that is interesting. Yeah, he's fully like he's a completely different person when he comes back from this experience. He's light as a feather, he's charitable, he's giving his money away, he gives he sees a little boy and he's like what day is it? And the kids like, what are you talking about? It is Christmas? You idiot.
Speaker 3: And he's like He's like, oh, do they still have that big ass turkey in that in that shop?
Speaker 1: And the kid's like yeah. He's like, go buy it. I'll pay you for it and I'll give you extra and like then he buys them a cab to go take it to Tiny Tim's house. He was he was like you beautiful boy. And then the boy leaves. He's like, what a good boy.
Speaker 2: You know whatever he says, he's just praising everybody, just giving money.
Speaker 1: Love that boy. Yeah. He walked by the singing people and he joined in with them singing this. He's like, God bless you. Yeah, you put money in their Yeah, I love it. He rode on the back of the carriage. He like grabbed onto it and was sliding on the ice. In the beginning of the movie, I told Olivia, I was like, man, I'll never get to be able to do that. Why do what? One there's no horse and carriage. Two, it doesn't snow downtown Wilmington doesn't snow around here. It doesn't. And then she's like, you do that all the time. You talking about my skateboard in a car, Well, there you go. It's like it's different no, it's not. It's and it's like if they could have seen that, then they would be like, oh, I want to escape. Well that's way cooler. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Anyway, it's kind of the difference between a black pill and a white pill. If you just really want to watch a whole movie to figure out the difference between how much cooler it is to be white pilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is, it's it's I think it's the way I think it is. And now what do we mean when we say white pilled? Right, you want to explain.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, black pilled is having a doom and gloom nihilistic outlook, and white pilled is the opposite of that, like joy, positive, joy, positivity, being light as a feather being enlightened, happy, joyful, and enlightened. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think I genuinely believe that it is the natural order of the universe, that the natural way that we are supposed to be is enlightened, is light, is a feather h following our conscience just generally being good to others. And I think it's external circumstances and maybe a little bit of trauma for past lives and karma that that cause us to be distracted from that and it's up to us to try to just get back on that course. It's very complicated, multi dimensional thing, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a beautiful, incredible story that it's. It's a story that is told in so many different ways, right, hundreds and hundreds of ways. It's the classic tale of the evolution of the soul and the purification of the soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this.
Speaker 3: One is done in such a really really cool way and true, like kudos to Dickens for the it's it's really you like, feel every aspect of this story. You can relate, Yes, you can very every single aspect of this story. And the scenarios that are crafted by Dickens are so relatable and they.
Speaker 1: Put you in a state where you feel like you are Scrooge.
Speaker 3: All of us feel like we can relate to Scrooge in a way or another, like we don't appreciate our lives enough, we don't appreciate you know, where we came from or where we're going, or we're unhappy with Everybody can relate even just a little sliver with Scrooge, especially when we see how happy he is at the end that he has has chosen to not just accept, but embrace and love his experience, like we can all be like, that's it, that's that's the point of life.
Speaker 2: It really is a masterful story. And you know, granted, I want to make this clear that I didn't grow up consuming this story. I grew up seeing it once or twice when I was really little, right and not really caring, and it was my mental name, so I didn't care. I didn't have a connection to it like I do now, is what I'm getting at. So like watching it with fresh eyes, I'm like, dude, this is this is really one of my favorite stories I've ever seen. And I'm telling you, I actually get emotional when Tiny Tim is on the screen because I just think of I think of you know, him being sick and his family suffering and being put and then Scrooge being you know, so devastated.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's the.
Speaker 2: Thing that softened Scrooge is Tiny Tims. Yeah, and then I think of the wonderful positive ending how he basically becomes Tiny Tims mentor.
Speaker 1: His second father. Yes, he saves him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he saves him, and he guides him and he mentors him for the rest of his life, and he he molds him and I'm just like, oh my god, what an amazing, amazing comeback story. This Scrooge came back from the depths of hell and he became the most loved person in the town. Yeah, and the movie ends were like and many have said for years to come that Scrooge keeps.
Speaker 1: Christmas Christmas more than any other, basically keeps it more than any other.
Speaker 2: But this old ass dude who's grumpy, uh, is the talk of the town on Christmas because he's so joyful and it transformed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's what Christmas is all about, Alex. If you were.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Mary, gentle, Merry Christmas to all.
Speaker 1: Bye, God, my guys, what ut bmies.
Speaker 2: If you like the show and want more, check out Patreon dot com slash bledso said So.
Speaker 3: This will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our discord community with hundreds of open minded people just like you.
Speaker 2: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosaidso dot com for merch. We have t shirts, hats, hoodies and more.
Speaker 3: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at bledsosaid so same time next week,