Speaker 1: You're listening to the exclusive home of the Huskies, the Kracking and March Madness. Now back to Soathian Dick, proudly brought to you by Emerald quin Casino on Sports Radio ninety three point three kJ R FM.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike Florio joining us in the six pm hour. Though, right now we're gonna break a little bit away from football and baseball and talk to the head coach of your Sandras FC. Joining us every single Tuesday of five forty five on the radio show our friend Brian Schmetzer. Brian, how are your pal? What's going on? Well?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, if Adrian paid me one hundred and five million nickels be the greatest.
Speaker 3: Boss, the best.
Speaker 4: Owner in MLS by a long shot.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love that.
Speaker 2: So if he made you the highest paid coach in soccer history, you pretty much say whatever he wants you to say, right exactly? I got you. Well, listen, we can talk about all that stuff. We canna talk about the store, and we can talk talk about your favorite restaurant, or we can talk about the Neil Noil draw in Houston. You want to talk about that. You wants talking about Simos and we're rather.
Speaker 3: Talk about restaurant time. How love that that?
Speaker 4: Did you just do a drop? I think he's recording us this drop?
Speaker 2: My god, this guy's the goat. Have you had a taco burger yet? Coach?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't, but they look delicious.
Speaker 2: Let's get you set up with one man. Oh god, are you? Are you a home? Uh? Getting ready for the storm? You're putting a cardboard and uhly over what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I clean my gutters, I clean them all just in case you never know.
Speaker 5: You've been to a lot of places in the summertime where there's a lot of thunderstorms. You got any you got any tornado warnings stories for when you were, like in Houston or Nashville or anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've had matches delayed because of you know, lightning thunderstorms. Look, I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a year. In Saint Louis per year. I mean what the weather around here is tame compared to the Midwest. I mean it can get really hairy back there.
Speaker 3: So you know, I mean this is going to blow over.
Speaker 4: It's a gorgeous day out. We just got back from our walk around our neighborhood. Everybody's out with their dogs walking their dogs.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is.
Speaker 2: Nothing so gorgeous day outside, so the opposite of how you played against Houston. Yeah, well, sorry, yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I was a little blow.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's okay, softie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to keep the atmosphere light over here. What the hell happened?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Are you kidd me?
Speaker 2: That's not the performance you were looking for.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, Joe Paulo scores the chance in the first half.
Speaker 3: Let me just work on the first half. First half.
Speaker 4: Joe Paulo has that shot in training. It's eighteen yards out.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's going in nine out of ten times.
Speaker 4: Alex Roll the ball comes across to him, he strikes it really clean. The goalkeeper goes all the way across the goal.
Speaker 3: Makes a good save.
Speaker 4: I mean, their guys made a couple of plays.
Speaker 3: Our guys didn't.
Speaker 4: Second half, Albert, you know, top of the box rock Rock missed a Vali from inside the eighteen yard box, and then the killer was I mean, we gave up a couple of own goals.
Speaker 3: Knew who and.
Speaker 4: Yamar their guy does the exact same thing that Yamar does, and the ball literally dribbles like six inches off the goal, off the post.
Speaker 3: You know, it doesn't go in.
Speaker 4: That's just kind of luck we're having at the start.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 5: Well, it doesn't sound like something that ere get all ticked off about because those those sound like things that will even out in the end, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: I always love to have a little bit of bad luck now rather than in the rather than the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 2: Get that crap out of the way now, all right, Well, let's just go back and talk about some of the injuries then you're dealing with. Let's start off with Jordan Morrison, Pedro Dela Vega. When do you expect to get those guys back?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: Dale Vega and Jordan actually a little bit of good news. You know, Originally I had said four to six weeks. I think it's going to be four.
Speaker 3: To five for Pedro. You know, it's not going to make this weekend, but maybe the.
Speaker 4: Follow on the weekend, and Jordan was out their ways. But Jordan eighty four percent of his max speed today at training, which was super positive. But you know, with Jordan, he's a sprinter, so we're going to keep that a little bit, you know, We're going to be a little conservative, but you know, he's probably two to three weeks out, but you know, not eight to ten weeks.
Speaker 3: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 5: Last week you told us Reid Baker Whiting would be able to get back for the San Jose game. Is that still happening?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: And Kim keyh he'll be on the bench for the game on the weekend. So two reinforcements right there.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, there's this rumor about this English chap. I believe Ryan Kent is his name? Is he related to Roy Kent from Ted? So anything you want to share with us first.
Speaker 4: About I mean your crack staff Jackson. I mean he should he should probably check the TSA you know, website, whatever they have.
Speaker 5: I mean, wow, check the flight.
Speaker 4: Maybe there could have been I mean, there could have been a passenger by the name of Ryan Kent at Sea TAC today.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Right Well, for fans that don't know a lot about the guy, what does he bring to the table. What kind of player is he?
Speaker 3: Well, he's a winger.
Speaker 4: So Paul Ariola, you know, he got injured the ACL We put him on the season ending ir so we there's a mechanism with him MLS that you can you know, take some of that money and re sign a player. Problem is, the transfer window is only open, uh during specific times of the year. So we needed to find a free agent.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, we.
Speaker 4: Wanted to maybe look around the league. We couldn't really find anything. And you know, here's a young prospect, a younger guy and is well not as young, but he's in his prime twenty seven to twenty eight years old, had some good seasons at Rangers, one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.
Speaker 3: Ye kind of fell off.
Speaker 4: The fell off it a little bit because he went to Turkey to play for a Turkish club and I didn't go so well. So you know we're going to see We're going to see about him. He's a talented player and you know we might see him in a Sounder uniform.
Speaker 2: Nice. By the way, you mentioned Paul Ariola. It is Ariola? Is that correct? Is how you say his last night?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Because Dick said Ariola Yesterday's like it's not He's not part of a boob. It's Ariola, right, gotcha?
Speaker 4: R R Eola just one of the correct.
Speaker 5: So random, Oh man, I'm just excited to I can do that. He's here, He's there, He's bleeping everywhere Ryan Kent chant when I go to the game.
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm fo fired on the nose from ECS.
Speaker 2: Coach San Jose.
Speaker 5: What do you make of their team and Bruce Arena, Well, he started off.
Speaker 3: Like a house on fire. Two games, two wins.
Speaker 4: You know, then kind of reality smacked him in the face. But Bruce is a great coach, you know, all time greatest. He's in that conversation of MLS coaches, national team coach.
Speaker 3: I love Bruce.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think he's a great guy, good character. Yeah, so everything's good there.
Speaker 3: I love matching, you know, tactics with him. He's got a good.
Speaker 4: Team, good attacking team. They've given up some goals, you know, their last outing four to one, they lost in Charlotte, you know, a tough place to play, but you know he's going to get him ready to play. And they're two forwards are exceptional Martinez and Orango Checho Orango, those two guys are they know how to score goals?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you said he was a turn with the US men's national team though, right, Arena, you know what you.
Speaker 4: Don't know I'm not part of that negativity train of the nation.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't try and hook me into that one.
Speaker 2: No, I got you. Brian Smetz was with us, and Brian, I don't know if you saw this or not, but they imploded the Kingdome twenty five years ago today. I mean, yeah, you got some memories as a sounder right back in the day playing in the Dome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a couple of stories. Actually.
Speaker 4: You know, that was my first introduction to pro sports as as a seventeen year old kid. A guy by the name of Bruce Rioch came and you know, I was receiving a ball at midfield and he just comes and just nails me from behind and I end up on my butt facing up and he's looking over me and going, welcome to the nasl Son Wow. And that the crap out of me because he was a you know, he's a big famous player. And then and then you know, we shared the we shared the Kingdome with the Mariners, and we used to laugh because, you know, the Mariners would take laps after practice for like some fitness, but you know, they were kind of running kind of slow, and we had to run up and down that lousy turf for you know, six miles, and those guys took two laps.
Speaker 3: And then they said, oh we're done.
Speaker 4: We're tired, you know, we can't run anymore.
Speaker 3: So it was it was good memories back there in the Kingdome, no doubt. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, great stuff. Go get him against San Jose and we'll talk very soon. Mantoul.
Speaker 3: Okay, take care, guys. You bet.
Speaker 2: Brian Schmittzer, who apparently likes to record our show off the air, now taping commercial spots man, he's got his own soundboard.