Speaker 1: And reactions in people are going to lose their freaking mind. The big story of the week fifty five KRC the talk station eight oh five on a Friday and a Happy one tea as well as Happy Valentine's Day. Brian Thomas want to point out at the bottom of the hour, it's going to be a great conversation with the author Mary and Ben's the name of the book, You were Still Dancing. It's about her subtitled Unforgettable Journey through Alzheimer's. Both her grandmother and her mother struggle with it, but it is emotional, sometimes sad, but also extremely uplifting book explaining how she dealt with and dealt with the challenges associated with Alzheimer's, which I know my mom more than anybody, is painfully aware of that as our everyone in my family. Without further ado, that'll be the bottom of the hour eight thirty. The meantime, George Brenneman from Restore Liberty dot Us check it out. Welcome back, my friend. It's always good to talk with you.
Speaker 2: How you been Hey, great, Brian, Thanks for having me and thanks for reminding me it's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: You get the hell to pay if you forgot it. It's the anniversary of my engagement thirty three years ago, so oh wow, extra special dish my wife and me. But no, she won't be getting flowers. My wife is a very frugal woman and she doesn't have expectations like that for me, which is good because it frees me of the obligation to have to remember to go out and do it. She's listening right now, so I'm not saying out loud anythings she doesn't know already. Anyway, you want to start with the Restora Liberty dot Us event at the farm because I have your website up right now and I know you have a meeting coming up.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is actually a really great opportunity for everybody. So we're teaming up again with Americans for Prosperity. Oh great, they're big push right now. Is something called protect Prosperity. So the idea is the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that was in effect from twenty eighteen that Trump passed. And you keep hearing that it's tax cuts for the rich. But I'll know some insight on that in a sec But they want to make that permanent, and I think that's a fantastic idea. So the meeting is going to be focused on getting people to sign petitions and to take action, to call Congress and basically say, hey, let's make this tax cuts permanent, not you know, another four years so that we have to go through this nonsense again. Let's make them permanent. And in return, af he's going to buy your dinner. Oh wow, you get some free farm food at it, so oh Man, February twenty sixth. Yeah, it's a great deal.
Speaker 1: It is the farm, a west Side institution. If you've ever been there, I understand they have some outstanding chicken. I've been to quite a few wedding receptions there the old west Side keg and pretzels and chips, wedding wet receptions. Anyway, fond memories of the farm. So the farm on the twenty sixth, doors open at five point thirty free food. Thank you to Americans for prosperity. I talked to Donald and Neil Roy in the week about the Rains Act, which they're trying to push through here in Ohio, because every state needs a Rains Act as well as we need one on the federal government level. You're familiar with that effort in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Tell me again what it is. I know, I am, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Remember the acronym any I can't remember what it stands for. But any regulation created by a regular Tory body pursuing to some law that's passed that has a financial impact of more than a million dollars needs to be specifically approved by the legislative branch. It's a way of honing in the runaway administrative state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember that. Yeah, definitely. So Donovan's going to be there, He's going to be our host for the podcast. I was just talking to Joe before game on that we're probably going to record it in advance and play it live at the at the at the meeting while people were eating, so we don't have to deal with the noise behind, but they still get to see the podcast. So we'll be talking to Donovan about that. You know, at the federal level, they're concentrating on this Tax Cuts Act, making it permanent. At the state level, they're working on the effort to get rid of the income tax, and of course my push is always before you get rid of that, let's get rid of the property tax, because at least income tax is a percentage of what you've got coming in, whereas a property tax is a percentage is something you've never seen. Yeah, it's unrealized gains, it is. And now that I am on a fixed income, it's like, holy cow, every time they raise property taxes, I'm less likely to be able to afford my house, you know. Crazy.
Speaker 1: I think of my conversation with Breitbart's Joe Pollock from earlier in the week. He actually lives in Pacific Palisades where the wildfires raged in California, and he made an interesting point because he says, I'm sick of hearing that it's just a bunch of these wealthy millionaires that live there. He said, there have been people that living there for decades. When they got their house, they probably paid like forty or fifty grand for it, and then it's now worth three and a half million dollars simply by virtue of the real estate that is sitting on. They can't afford to rebuild that, they can't afford to, you know, buy what they were previously living in. A lot of people on fixed incomes, a lot of seniors there, a lot of people's lives just been completely devastated. But that's the same effect these property tax increases. Have you know, you buy your house twenty thirty years ago, you paid one hundred grand for it, and then the assessor comes in and said, oh, by the way, since COVID and the real estate shortage is not worth like six hundred thousand dollars, we're going to calculate your real estate tax based on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think we need to keep the focus on property taxes. You know, over here in Coloring Township, they're getting ready to raise them again. Oh they've failed to police levies. It's just nonsense. And you know, to Todd Zenser's point, and I don't know how Todd says state so soft spoken. Some of the stuff he's.
Speaker 1: Described cool at que cover around.
Speaker 2: There's all these added things that they want to buy and do. We just got slock cameras here in Coloring. I hate those things. It's like snooping on everywhere you go your car. But you know, they just keep planning more things to spend, and they're totally forgetting the stuff they're supposed to do. Police, fire roads. That's it. I don't know why we've got anything else what. I think we need to keep up that focus.
Speaker 1: I would say so. I mean, you know, when Todd Zinzer says we got four hundred and fifty million dollars worth of outstanding obligations for infrastructure already on the books, I mean, and I look back and I think, huh, let's see here, when's the last time Republicans ran the city of Cincinnati. Not that it's a party stripe, because Republicans are terrible in overspending and spending as well, but Democrats have been in charge of the city for so long. And my favorite illustration here comes again. Sunset. You drive on Sunset, you need an alignment carry down to Story. It's like a road from Gaza. It's been falling apart forever.
Speaker 2: It used to be like that too, for decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't take care of what they got, and they want to bring us all on all kinds of brand new, shiny stuff and things which literally tends to only benefit one particular neighborhood. I'm thinking of the street car along those lines, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh golly, yeah. Meanwhile, the Western Hills, Vinoc is literally falling down, quite literally, but they at least haven't they already addressed that in terms of allocating funding or am I being overly optimistic about the status of that one. I think you're being optimistic. You're reacting to the headlines and not the content. I haven't seen anything. As far as I know. The concrete still falls down from the top to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the way it does work. It's nona.
Speaker 2: So Wednesday's meeting at the end of the months focused on taxes. The March twenty six meetings can be all about restore wellness. And boy do we have stuff to celebrate today. I cannot believe RFK made it through. I know that is such a huge, huge thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I got a lot of Republican friends like you're letting them, you know, the wolf into the henhouse kind of thing. He's nefarious, And I'm like, yeah, I'm aware of his record. I know what he has supported in the past. I know how he feels about, for example, like climate change and stuff. But he's on record is demonstrably interested in and worried and concerned about the nation's health. I mean, oh, that is a consistent position he's had in his role. His role is limited to that kind of thing. You know what I'm saying. He doesn't have any control over you. EPA doesn't have any control over the Green New Deal or anything. So bringing some focus and clarity to what's going into our bodies, giving us the information so we can make informed decisions or choose to turn our backs on the information as long as we've got it, that's his point.
Speaker 2: Yet, Yeah, there are certain events that are significant for symbolic reasons, like I think having RFK Junior, someone with the Kennedy name, at the front of the AHHS is a great symbolic significance. But there's also the idea that this is going to be an agent of change, truly transformative significance. His effort is going to turn the food pyramid upside down. It's going to turn this whole industry now that's focused on mRNA. I can't call them vaccines. They're not vaccines. They're basically rewriting your operating system. Excuse me for your body. These things are horrible. I could see how they could treat maybe some kind of genetic disease or some kind of you know, where your body's not manufacturing a certain chemical. mRNA is great for that. Going after something like a virus that mutates constantly, it's just not made for that, and I don't think anybody was told that at the beginning certainly, nor the risks, nor the fact that it's going to be a permanent part of your DNA after they injected in your arm. I think he's going to bring a lot of light down on that, and his focus on just giving you the information is great. The problem we've had is the information has always been out there, but it was hidden until Twitter became a free platform. X. Yeah, you know you couldn't find this information, but now you can. You know, all of the studies that talk about the effect on the hearts, the effect on you know, sudden death and the turbo cancers and all these things that are coming out posts COVID, you can now get that information. You can also get the historical stuff. I'm kind of looking at the Restore Wellness Twitter feed right now.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what on that recording on Hey George, on that note, let's pause because we're to break and then because I wanted to elaborate on your Restore Wellness initiative and bring people's attention to that. So we'll dive into the details on that and a little more about the the RFK thing right right after these brief word be right back. Fifty five KRC channel on the forecast says we're going to start out sunny, turn partly cloudy and cloudy. Sky's rolling fully tonight breezy conditions in a high on thirty six a day. Rain will be around by five o'clock tomorrow morning. They say over night go thirty two, all day rain tomorrow with a floodwatching effect beginning of one pm tomorris High forty seven down to thirty overnight. They say rain will continue. Two to three inches of rain possible, and I hope that's just not I hope that's collectively no clarity on that point. High A thirty nine on Sunday, the rain moves out and the floodwatch ends in the afternoon. Time for traffic update from the U see how Traffic Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts you see health have been giving heart patients and chance and better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust, expect more and you seehealth dot com step bound seventy five. That's those for a couple of extra minutes through Lachland. Otherwise, highway trafficking pretty good. Shape, there's a wreck and Harrison that's on kilby Ed Simonson truck into a utility poll Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station a twenty fifty five KR s DE talk station. I didn't mention all morning. I guess I should have because quite a I get text on my phone quite a few times during the morning show from listeners chiming in. I also get email. Well, I left my phone at home again, so I didn't get any text, and I can't get into my email because I have two factor authentications. So basically I'm screwed. So apologies, I'm not being rude. I just don't know until I get home if somebody's reached out to me. Without further ado, let's continue our conversation on health with George Renaman at George Brunman, you launched a Restore Wellness initiative, and we talked about this last time you were on the program, and so on the heels of your comments about RFK Junior being confirmed by the Senate as a Health and Human Services Secretary, which you and I both you is a good thing. How's the wellness effort going? And remind my listeners what the Restore Wellness effort is all about.
Speaker 2: So the Restore Wellness dot org is a website that's meant to give you information to help you take care of yourself. So the whole focus similarly, you know, our Restore Wellness was always a restored liberty, was always focused on personal responsibility. You know, you've got to take personal responsibility. Don't count on the government. Right here, we're taking a really similar thing where your health should be your personal responsibility. So we're trying to provide resources, meetings, we're working on podcasts. We're supposed to get the first one soon to tell you here's the information. So the best spot we've got right now on the page is if you go to the homepage, we've got our Twitter feed at the top. We've got some suggestions, and then we have the resources that you can take a look at the books that are coming out. There's a whole block of them now that are just super informative on giving you real clues on why it is that you feel like you're overweight, Why is it that you have eye blood pressure, Why is it that your pre diabetic or got type two diabetes? And wow, of course all of these seem to come to very similar conclusions. You got to get back to what your body was designed for. We weren't designed to eat carbs, you know. Cave men didn't have carbs laying around.
Speaker 1: They also didn't have processed sugar and corn syrup summer.
Speaker 2: But that was about it, George, And so your body's just not made for it.
Speaker 1: They also didn't have processed sugar and corn syrup, right right. I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Saw my face high fruittose corn syrup alone, and I just hope that ourf cake can just get rid of that entirely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, won't you talk to some of the Republicans and farm states and the farm bill, George, because they're the ones that push corn down our necks because the farmers benefit from it. Not that I'm against the American farmer, but Lord Almighty, they manipulate the system to give all kinds of subsidies to manufat or to grow corn, which we then have to burn in our gas tanks and convert into corn syrup, and it goes into literally every food that we've got. It really that really angers me, really angers me.
Speaker 2: And most of it's Republicans crosses over with the health because the whole reason we have high fruitose corn syrup is because the United States skirt gets a ton of subsidies for corn would be cheaper. Ah. Yeah, there's there's all these insidious interconnections. So the whole food pyramid. Do you know who responsible for that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, doctor Fauci, No, Senator McGovern, George mc yes.
Speaker 2: He got fed up with all of the conflicting information and he basically said, hey, you know, the Quaker oats and the grains industry really will benefit from this if we say that carbs are the source of your mainstay in the diet. Had nothing to do with health data. It had to do with who was giving him the most money, wolarly with just about everything else. You see, why are we taking all these cholesterol drugs? Well, nobody gets to talk about the side effects of statens, but you know it's a number you can track. Well, it turns out, you know, going after cholesterols like going after fire trucks for causing fires. You know, the cholesterols there after or the injury, not before, Just like firemen don't show up until after there's a fire.
Speaker 1: Well, in you, since your brain an.
Speaker 2: Entire industry concentrating on getting rid of it.
Speaker 1: And since your brain has comprised the FATS, something tells me, and I know there's been wide speculation, maybe even research studies on it, the statins having an impact on your brain. Ergo, maybe having a connection with Alzheimer's, leading to my next conversation with my guest on her book You Were Still Dancing, which relates to Alzheimer's. Hey, real quick, I can't let you go. You're talking about the vaccines, I guess, and I presume you saw the article about Children's hospital not allowing a transplant patient to move forward with her transplant because she didn't get the COVID vaccine. Isn't it rather strange since heart conditions are one of the problems that they've cropped up as a relationship to COVID nineteen we're talking about a heart transplant pation m hm I.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, you know, one of the main side effects of all those vaccines and boosters is reduced immune system. And when you're seeing a transplant, holy cow, I mean, do you want to have out on top of having a transplant? It's just the fariest beyond words. I like the idea that they need to step back and say, listen, you know this isn't working. COVID doesn't affect young people in the first place. And I think that's what we can look for is we've got at the national level started addressing these big questions, but Reshore Wellness is here for the local level to say, hey, there are things we can do. We're trying to get some events put together where we bring in you know, local practitioners, you know like chiropractors, nutritionists, you know, massage therapists, all of these things that you have a hard time getting your insurance to cover, but actually help you more than the little pill that they want to give you at the doctor's office. I just think this is a huge opportunity to get better. And I've heard you're having some success with Keto. Yeah, fantastic news.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I put a post on Facebook the other day just to let folks know that I was recommending to them because I've had such great success feeling better because I cut sugar out of my diet. And in putting this post up, I just randomly because I know Mountain Dews got all kinds of sugar and I found o'skuy like forty seven grams of sugar and one can a mountain dew forty five grams, right, and that's an insane amount. It's like eleven teaspoons. And if you're crazy enough to drink a sixty four ouncer, that's more than a full cup of sugar. And people drink a mountain dews all day long. I'm like, it's killing you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You're gonna feel so much better if you get it out of your diet. So and forty five grams of sugar is more than I have an entire week anymore. And I just feel so much better for it. And I'm praying it has an impact on my cancer because cancer loves sugar. Do your own research on that, or maybe find it over on restore wellness dot com someday. George Brenhaman, keep up the great work. Thanks for looking out for everybody. Remember to get to the farm. February twenty six, five point thirty free meal thanks to Americans for prosperity. George will have you on again real soon. Have wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend YouTube Marian, Thank you so much, thanks brother. It's a twenty seven coming up on Mary Ann Ben's with her book You Were Still Dancing. She's a former Westsider will we will forgive her for moving to Georgia, but she's got a great book to talk about experiences, what she had with her grandmother and mother. You Were Still Dancing, The Unforgettable Journey through Alzheimer's that's up next.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station during taxi