Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Beyoncey sports Page brought you by Kaufman and lind Entry Attorneys. Jeff Coffin is going to be here next hour for a lawn disorder. We do that legal segment on Mondays. Had some questions already come in. If you still got one you want to get over to us, feel free to text it in.
Speaker 2: Two two five, two six for your legal questions.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's get some bulldog bites here on what went down over the weekend. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Right? How about some overreactions? All right, overreactions NFL preseason Matt Jones of the Jaguars throws two touchdown passes two hundred and ten yards sixteen of twenty three, leads the Jags over the Bucks twenty to seven in the second preseason game.
Speaker 2: Here's my overreaction. You ready for this one?
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 4: Not only has Matt Jones solidified solidified the Jaguars starting q be job, but if God forbid, Trevor Lawrence struggles badly early in the season.
Speaker 2: The Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Jaguars will turn to Matt Jones to save the season.
Speaker 1: Huh huh, okay, yeah, okay, Now, I mean, of course they'll turn to him if something's going wrong, you know, But I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Come on with it.
Speaker 4: What would it take though, I'm Trevor Lawrence obviously melted down at the end of last year. Then he gets the big contract. It would have to be a major meltdown, would it not, because he's he's signed like one hundred and sixty million guaranteed exact. Yea. Hopefully that doesn't happen if they turned the mac Jones. Probably not gonna be a good season, although mac Jones is from Jacksonville and one rookie of the year with the Patriots before everything went south in New England. So we shall see Dolphins win their preseason game over the weekend thirteen to six over the pathetic Washington Commanders. Although Jaden Daniels did look good for the Commanders. The rookie quarterback Tua only played one series in that game, five of five, led the Dolphins down the field for a touchdown, didn't have any of the starting receivers in the game with him, but Tua still look pretty good in his one possession. You want to overreaction this. Tua will not only lead the league in passing again this season, Taco Bob. Yes, he's gonna be the number one fantasy quarterback with more than five thousand passing yards in forty touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I do not like hearing that because I had my fantasy draft over the weekend and do not have Tua.
Speaker 2: Okay, damn Adam.
Speaker 3: Last year, but pull dog. If that offensive line could protect him, there's no reason everything you just said could.
Speaker 4: Not happen with those receivers he has. Yeah, he slimmed down a little bit. He may even run for a few touchdowns this year.
Speaker 3: Did you see that Dallas kicker boot the sixty six charter? That's insane? Man.
Speaker 4: Did you see the Patrick Homes behind the back throw to Travis Kelsey?
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never seen that in any football game ever. Behind the back pass.
Speaker 3: Well, when your guy runs the wrong route, that's what you got to do.
Speaker 4: Apparently Kelsey said he wasn't even expecting it, although you know, I guess they've done it in practice a couple of times, so so here it comes. Yeah, and he reads it. He'd never seen it in an NFL game either. Obviously in basketball happens all the time, but not in the NFL games. By the way, what about Minshoe Maneya speaking of the preseason the Raiders. He's the Raiders starting quarterback. Huh Minshee Mania. He was named the starter over the weekend, so good for him. What else happened in sports over the weekend? Lake Mary Little League they're now two to ohero in the Little League World Series. They beat Pyalop Washington six to one. I think that was Friday night, Friday. Yeah, they advanced to the night's game seven pm against Bourne Texas, who smashed Pennsylvania nine to zero over the weekend. Lake Mary's gonna have to play a little bit better tonight than they played on Friday night. They were helped a lot on Friday. That Washington team managed just two hits and had four airs. Lake Mary scored six runs despite only having four hits on Friday night. So they're gonna have to hit the ball better against this Texas team, which bashed the ball against Pennsylvania. I think they had three or four home runs in that game.
Speaker 1: And that's with Pennsylvania having the home crowd.
Speaker 2: You know that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Did you guys see Adki Matsuyama and the FedEx Championship yesterday?
Speaker 3: He looked like he had squirreled away a five stroke lead and then yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was up by five. It looked like he was just gonna cruise the victory.
Speaker 4: Then within a matter of like I think it was three or four holes, he blows the five stroke lead, and then he recovers and birdies the final two holes, a twenty five footer on numbers seventeen and then another birdie on eighteen. Those were the two toughest holes on the course that he birdied at the end after he'd melted down, and he ends up winning the FedEx Championships. So the DECI Mattsuyama two shot victory over Xander Shoffley and Victor Hovlin. Quite a week, yeah, quite quite the week for Mattsuyama, though I guess he was flying from London. They went to he he is, caddy and his coach went to a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Their bags got stolen.
Speaker 4: And his his coach and his caddy had their passports and their bags, so they couldn't even make the flight to the US for this FedEx Championship and Mattsuyama was playing with a reserve caddy and he had to call his coach on the phone after each round to get some instructions.
Speaker 3: They got robbed in London Taco. Yes, saw, that's where you would think. If he was gonna get robbed, he'd be here in the States. Come on right.
Speaker 4: By the way, Brooks Brooks Kepka beats John Rahm in the live golf tournament over the weekend, they had a playoff.
Speaker 3: Damper weather, a little damper on NASCAR in Michigan for the second year and or other. Don't have to finish that up this morning at eleven dog.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. I would sort of like to see Austin Dillon the win after they took took his playoff bid last week. Maybe he can crash his way to another victory.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 4: By the way, college football season starts this week.
Speaker 2: We got FSU Georgia Tech on Friday. You fired up Fellas week zero?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm fired up about the FSU kicks off the season noon kick from Ireland on Saturday. So yeah, there will be some early beer drinking going on at the Bulldog's luxury condo.
Speaker 3: All right, So is there games on Friday night too? You said no because you said it kicked off Friday. It's Saturday.
Speaker 2: I know it kicks off Saturday.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: FSU's first game of the season, the entire season. FSU kicks it off noon on Saturday. The other games this weekend aren't very good.
Speaker 3: It's football, though, Baby, We're here, twelve twelve team playoff. Bulldog, you ready for it?
Speaker 4: I'm fired up about this college football season, the most exciting football season we were ever see. By the way, read my column over the weekend where I said, Dion Sanders, if Bobby Bowden were still alive, maybe he could talk some sense in the Dion Sanders.
Speaker 3: Hey, we didn't have time to get into it here, but we will a little bit later this hour. The judges ruling that shut down, at least temporarily, the new streaming service that was supposed to launch and time for college football season. We'll explain that a little bit more later this hour.
Speaker 2: Dog, you should ask Kaufman about that. He might know something about that.
Speaker 3: Bring that up. I did, all right, Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of open mic on AM seven forty ninety six to nine The Game. You can also catch him here obviously doing a sports page on JR R each morning. Brought you bought Kaufman In.
Speaker 2: That's right, Coppin and Lynn.
Speaker 4: You can catch a Jeff Coppin show under oath every Saturday morning, FM ninety six nine The Game seven thirty am. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's trying everything in between.
Speaker 4: J R Rocks