Speaker 1: Do the Kansas City Chiefs finally have a wealth in their backfield? What do we make of the new number two wide receiver maybe more than that in New York? And what does the forty time FFPC League champion Todd Aaron have to say about how his rookie drafts went. This weekend, we will talk about that and so much more, including but not limited to some teams that maybe are not done yet signing players, as well as what we're doing with players in the Tampa Bay backfield, as well as what to make about the CJ. Stroud news that came out and how it pertains to the pass catchers in Houston. You are in for a treat tonight. Farrell Elliott is here. Todd Aaron joins us. Next, the forty time FFPC League winner Extra Reps goes live. Shortly. My name is Eric Balkman. Stick Around Extra Reps goes live right now.
Speaker 2: It's down the pressure.
Speaker 1: Broadcast live and horder around the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot Com with your hosts Eric Boltman and Farrell Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now because no one else was available. Here are Eric Baltman and Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob Greeney's incitations to all of you blcoholics and FARELLIAX. Welcomed into the latest episode of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour Extra Reps Tonight, presented by my f FPC dot Com. I am your slightly above average host, Eric Balkman. My co host is the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football One, Farrell Elliott. Coming up on tonight's show. Let's get into everything we wanted to get to on Wednesday, but we ran out of time. There is so much going on with the FFPC drafts and how we need to be reacting to this with nebulous backfields with wide receiver rooms that still have wide open positions waiting to be gotten. That will be touchdown tonight with Pharrell, myself and our guests who will bring on in just a little bit. I want to let you know if you want to connect with the show on X we are at HSFF Power. I am at Eric Balkman. Check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFFC dot com of course on x as well at FFPC, Facebook dot com, slash HSFF Power email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. So if you have any questions for us, send those in. We'll try to get to all the chatroom, not the chatroom, but the X posts, the emails and everything on social media. We'll try to get that to that throughout the show tonight. I want to remind everybody that the FFPC Big Gar is live and has been for a while. Million dollar grand prize. Where else are you gonna draft for a million dollar grand prize right now in a managed league other than the Big Gorilla three hundred fifty bucks to enter the Seven Bananas promotion still going on. The Early Rampage Tournament still going on, as well a twenty five thousand dollars grand prize. You sign up for the Big Gorilla, you're automatically in the Early Rampage Tournament, two tournament fee, two tournaments for the price of one entry fee right now with the Big Gorilla. The Baby Gorilla also available for anybody. Maybe you know people who have always want to play High Stakes Fantasy Football like this would be a great thing to tell them about the Baby Guerrilla one hundred and twenty five dollars entry one hundred thousand dollars grand prize there as well, and don't forget about the Best Ball Tournament. We added one hundred k onto the grand prize this year was three hundred thousand dollars last year. It's four hundred thousand dollars this year. The Best Ball Tournament superflex version is still thirty five bucks to enter, one hundred thousand dollars grand prize there as well. FFPC Dynasty Startups Empire Dynasty startupsailable on now at my FFPC dot com. One hundred dollars is the entry fee for the low end. You go up to the high end it's five thousand dollars. So whatever your budget is, you have a Dynasty League waiting for you at my FFPC dot com. And times running out on the f FPC Main Event early Bird, we're looking at what a little bit less than three weeks at this point to get in on that. Save two hundred dollars enter into the pros versus Joe's with your entry for the main event six hundred dollars off each additional team. And then, of course, if you're looking for chop leagues, we have guillotine style leagues right now my FFPC dot com. They start at thirty five dollars. They go up from there. Live draft, slow drafts, whatever you want, classic best balls, it's all there, m y f FPC dot com, my FFPC dot com. Let's bring in the KFFSC commissioner right now. Connect with him at KFFFC dot com and compete against me there as well at KFFFC dot com. My good buddy, Parall Elliott. Happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Oh Bucky, it's so good to see you. Yeah, a great time Wednesday night. Let's keep it rolling tonight. You know the best way to connect me just going that website start joining leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I will say like, and our guest who will bring up is in the same Vante Mac one hundred dollars Best Ball Sweet sixteen? No, it's not the sweet is it called the Sweet sixteen? Fairly?
Speaker 4: Yet? It is the Sweet sixteen Best Bestball Championship.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go. That's how you know it's the best ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, And I already made my confession on Wednesday. I forgot that and it's okay.
Speaker 4: Don't tell you to make mistakes ball, It's okay.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you there is something to be said, Like, I'm actually intrigued to see how this draft works out for me now that I forgot it was Best Ball and I was drafting to like redraft, I still think it's going to turn out. Well, we'll see what happens on That.
Speaker 4: First clue was when you saw the draft was twenty eight rounds. Yeah, the twentieth round and it didn't stop. That's what freaked me out. I'm like, okay, we're done.
Speaker 5: And then all of a sudden, all of a sudden, I'm seeing a round twenty one pick. I'm like, oh, it's basketball, which is totally cool. Like I'm having fun with it. That's what it's all about. To have fun.
Speaker 1: And you can join the Sweet sixteen Bestball Championship with me at KFFFC dot com. Pharaoh next. Okay, so this is wild. So Steve Yourgilos is already in this league with me as well. Yes, next Wednesday we will be talking to Stuart Keen on this show. He is in that league as well, and last week's guest on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Jake the Like he's in that league as well, and you think, well, how could you fit any more? Good we can because the other guy that has signed up for this league right now is joining us right now, the mad genius of fantasy football, the mad genius of fantasy football with nearly I should say well, over three dozen FFPC High Stakes League's titles to his name. You can compet against him Jake Bulk, Steve Irglostu Keen and me in the ff the kf FFC Bestball Championship. He is Uh. He's a legend on these airwaves when we bring him in right now, the mad Genius himself, mister Todd, Aaron Todd. Good evening, sir, welcome.
Speaker 2: In, Thank you, good to be here.
Speaker 4: He's Kentucky named BALKI is Todd, Aaron Todd, a rock.
Speaker 2: Two syllable. I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it, Todd. So good to have you aboard uh tonight and talking fantasy football with you if you can, because I don't want to say f FPC rookie drafts are winding down, but I guess for the most part that they are. Did anything stand out? I feel like I asked you this last year when we had you on right around the same time I think we did. Did anything stand out to you with your rookie drafts this year? Because I know everybody was kind of down on this year's class. I don't know what the impact that that that add on your rookie drafts and trades and everything that went off with the FFPC.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are two things that stood out to me. I was looking at the data, the draft data compiled by Darren Armani and available in Fantasy Mojo, and there seemed to be fewer what i'll call sure picks and more non statistical variants and picks after the first round. And all that means is the spread how early are they drafted and how late are they drafted. That spread seemed to be bigger than what I remember in prior years, and so I looked at Darren's data just for the last two years. That's not a great comparison, but the two made it seem pretty clear that that was the case. And by the way, I'd love it if Darren would add the median and the mode for those draft selections in addition to.
Speaker 2: The mean, just something for him.
Speaker 1: Todd terms, I have not heard since high school algebra. I love it tonight.
Speaker 6: That median is the fifty to fifty point right, yep, that's the midpoint.
Speaker 2: It would be the most common, right, Okay, is the most common one? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Because what you'll see is just some crazy results here. I clipped a couple. Antonio Williams he was drafted as early as the one ten, as late as the five oh four, and Mark Field one ten to six o three.
Speaker 4: That's what makes them.
Speaker 2: It makes it a blast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the six o three for well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What I've taken away from that is I think that people are viewing players thirteen through sixty fairly evenly. Yes, so they could all either be really good or maybe not so good. I'm tending to think not so good. With what you know. Everyone is saying it's a weaker draft. Don't know for sure, we'll know a couple of years, right, but I tend to think, you know, after that first dozen, it does thin out pretty fast. So one of the things I was faced with is I like Emma Johnson. I think he's a steal. I don't understand how the Chiefs got him when they did.
Speaker 1: They don't either. He said that they were shocked he was still available, and then they traded up for him to get him too.
Speaker 2: Todd.
Speaker 4: You know, in the agent business age you really want to do is get on the phone, you know, very early in camps and say how you doing, how you get along.
Speaker 2: With the coaches, what's going on?
Speaker 4: You know, in this situation, the head coach comes out and says, he reminds me of Shady McCoy. After that, you just take the rest of the gay up off, you know. It just is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, if it wasn't for Ken Walker, I think I think Emma Johnson could have been a starter for the Chiefs. But I also think Ken is probably going to get hurt at some point, so we're going to find out. I think if Johnson can fill in and really be a stud. But I took my shot on him, like I said, And so the first couple of drafts that I could see in Darren's data, he actually went one twelve and two oh four and two oh two, which is earlier. So before the draft, I was like, I think he's going to go early third. That was what my plan was. But then I saw these picks and I'm like, oh no, if I want to get him, I'm probably going to have to go earlier, so I did. So I drafted him a lot, like two oh two to all the way up to like too ten or something, and then I thought, uh, oh, I've got too much of this guy. I think I got him like two thirds of the draft that I'm in. I don't think, Oh jeez, So I passed on him and I'm picking some other guys and he was there in the third round, So now I'm thinking, oh boy, I had to take him there though, too right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a gift, I thought so.
Speaker 6: So I am very heavy on Emma Johnson and that you know, if you think about the draft and if you don't think it's very strong, you're probably not going to get many of those guys that hit in the second and third round. I don't know how many normally hit. Maybe four in the second, three in the third. Maybe something like that might even be less this year. So I thought it was worth it, as if I pick another guy, they're just as likely to not pan out. So I'm like, I'm just going to go all in on Emma Johnson.
Speaker 1: And I think there are worse guys given the price Todd that you just mentioned there are worse guys to go all in on. I think that Emma Johnson is a smart guy to be drafting heavily this year. I'll just say this. In my rookie drafts, I had a couple of them go off this past weekend. I drafted him in. It may have been both. I know for sure one I got him. He will enter the NFL. This according to Rohtal World, a hundredth percentile college dominator rating, a ninety ninth percentile college target share. And when you think about, well, what don't we like about Emma Johnson, Well, I think the first thing people will mention was his underwhelming combine performance. You have to do all those things, but he chose to do them. So if he would have chosen not to do him, which I would tell anybody right now, he shouldn't have done him. I know everybody's like, oh, this shows he's a competitor, and this is good that he went out there, and to like, everybody's a competitor at this level. If you are worried about people being a competitor or not, you should not be drafting them. I'm speaking to you. NFL teams it should not matter. Emma Johnson should have made the smart business decision and not participated in those things that like the three cone and everything that he was awful in. You shouldn't have done it. He probably would have been drafted higher. It's meaningless now because he has been drafted. He's a Kansas City chief, and I do think that this is a great spot for him. And I do think as much as Kenneth Walker. You're like, what are the two things you think of with Kenneth Walker? Explosive plays and explosive injuries, right, And so you know he's gonna be good when he's healthy, but you also know he's probably not gonna be healthy all season. And Emma Johnson is the type of guy that can pass, block, catch passes, run the football between the tackles, outside the tackles. This is a guy that that I think that, yeah, he's probably not going to be in every down, or he's not gonna be an every week start or even in every week flex, but there's gonna be pockets this year where Emma Johnson pays off both in dynasty and redraft. I like him quite a bit, so Todd congratulations.
Speaker 4: He joins Antonio Williams. In my wish we could do an over list.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: This my two guys that I really would like to have had more of, especially with Todd's back.
Speaker 1: You know, Todd, as long as we're talking rookies here and you you talked about the impact and what you felt about how these these players went. You talked about the spread for a lot of these guys, including Malachot Fields, which is insane. And I'll be honest with you, I kind of feel like I have not been targeting him enough. Had the big Senior Bowl performance, and this is a player that steps into New York right now with the number one wide receiver recovering from attorney acl and it seems like it's going good, but we don't know yet. Wandell Robinson is now in Nashville. They have added Isaiah Likely, so that is significant. But Joe Shane was talking about him being the power forward in the wide receiver room, and I think there is room for power forward wide receivers in fantasy football this year. I don't think Malachi Fields is going to be a league winner in twenty twenty six, but I do think he can help you as soon as this year and I'm very excited to see what he does in twenty twenty seven. How did you land in on Malachai Fields in your rookie drafts this year?
Speaker 6: So he was a guy I didn't know my about, and as the first couple of drafts occurred, I didn't draft him either. And then I noticed that in the draft room when you select the rookie box and you see what rookies are left. Uh, he was always kind of like one of the last ones.
Speaker 1: To go.
Speaker 2: That seemed decent.
Speaker 6: So I started to look at him and I thought, man, this guy's actually pretty good. And he went to the Giants. I think the second and third receivers for the Giants he can easily overtake them. I think it's Mooney, and I don't even know the third guy is, right, so I think he can probably a second wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Is it Calvin Austin or something?
Speaker 1: Or it could be I mean they signed Calvin Austin. Darius Slayton is still there again, Mooney.
Speaker 2: And the same guys who have been there forever.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yes, yeah, Steve Smith, Plexico, Buris Amani Tumor. It's all those guys.
Speaker 4: You know, and Todd that makes me want to ask you, so anyway, Oh, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just going to say it's it's so, it's not that I'm betting so much on him necessarily, I'm betting against everyone else in New York, and that I think he's going to be the second receiver. I think he's going to get some opportunities. I know they have likely and I know they want to run the ball scat of who got a great deal when when when the Giants were unable to draft Love, So I know that they probably want to run the ball, but I still think that they're going to have to throw at some point. They'll probably be behind a fair amount, so they are going to have to air it out. So anyway, I'm curious to see what he'll do. And I'm and I'm getting him late fourth, fifth round.
Speaker 2: You know, who.
Speaker 6: Cares because he's a dart throw basically, So I down beautifully do.
Speaker 2: A fair share of him too. I don't know what my share is.
Speaker 4: It's six foot four, two twenty. You know, I'm thinking I got to get it in bulky. I'm thinking Michael Pittman with a little more muscle. And I'm in the situation where you know, And I asked this of all the players that come on and how much college football are you watching when you're not when you're not playing a competitive poker, because you know this, this player comes off the very this player is on TV all the time, so I'm curious how much college ball you're watching.
Speaker 6: I do watch a decent amount, not as much as I used to because I'm from Nebraska and Nebraska's just tailed off big time.
Speaker 2: It used to be.
Speaker 6: A very important part of saturdays for me, but then one playing poker and then two Nebraska just tailing off. It just made it easier to play poker. But I still I still get to watch some games. And of course I recall, all the games are available, they're recorded somewhere, so you can always watch them. When they watch them live or not doesn't matter. So yeah, I do watch some college football. I don't know that I saw him very much.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Receiving corps this year, And I think that has a lot to do with the variants that you were talking about. And BALKI, you know, as a gentleman see performer in algebra class, even I knew those definitions. It's all gentleman c.
Speaker 1: So I mean the Fields conversation continues. But but I think that Todd, I'm kind of with you on most of what you said with Fields. I think this is a player, and I do have some rookie drafts to go. Obviously, the kffsc rookery drafts have not kicked off yet, but when they do, I think Fields is a player that I'm gonna have to especially when in a start three wide receiver scenario. I think that's a that's a player I want to look long and hard at to make sure I have on my roster this year and maybe enjoy the spoils of drafting Fields in twenty twenty seven going forward. I'm just I'm thinking about what that Giants offense could be with Dart, the Scataboo, Tracy Backfield, Fields and neighbors, and then you get Likely and THEO Johnson. There there could be a lot to like. Okay, guys, let's move on here, and Todd, I'm gonna throw this to you as an email that came in from Will and Marrietta Georgia, and I'll pose this. I'll ask Farrell's opinion on this, but Todd, I want to get yours first. Will writes Hey guys, what's the impact that Kenneth Gainwell will have on Bucky Irvings and Todd, I think we've gotten this question a couple of times so far this offseason because Gainwell had that seventy catch season in Pittsburgh, and I think people when you consider that Irving, if you go on Mojo right now, Fantasy Mojo, you'll see from January his is his. I got to do this right for the camera. His ADP has been going down now, he's dipped into the fourth round right now, and he's kind of stagnated a little bit. But I think people are understanding that with Gainwell joining the Buccaneers, the past catching that was there for Irving may not be there full flush that it was in twenty twenty five. And I want to get your your thoughts on whether Irving is still going to pay off that late fourth round draft capital, and then whether we're undervaluing Kenneth Gainwell, who I believe in the Big Gorilla is like an eighth round pick right now. What's your opinion, what's your take? What should we be doing from both dynasty and redraft respective povs here, Todd, when we consider the Buccaneers backfield at this moment.
Speaker 6: I haven't done any redraft leagues yet, but if you say he's gone in the fourth round, I think that's a good price for him. I still believe in Irving. I mean, didn't White get a fair amount of receptions anyway? And in his backup role? I didn't look, so I'm not sure, but I thought he got a fair amount of touches.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now, Todd. In twenty twenty five, last year, Rashad White just under six hundred received I beg your pardon, six hundred rushing yards. And he did catch forty passes last year in Tampa for just over two hundred yards as well.
Speaker 2: So I don't see a big change in Irving's role.
Speaker 6: And so if he's dropping to the fourth round, that seems like a good deal to me. That's somebody I'll keep an eye on when I get around to doing read draft leagues.
Speaker 2: As far as Dynasty goes.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, go ahead, Oh go ahead, No, no talk to in dynasty. Yeah, I would, I would. I would still draft him, you know. I picked up several shares of him late whatever year he came out, and he was one of those guys as again, as I was doing the draft, I kind of got turned on to him and I ended up grabbing him in several leagues too. So I mean there's a case where it did pan out, and I think it still will. I'm not sure why people are dropping or you know, lowering their expectations for Irving.
Speaker 2: Well, Todd, I'm going to tell you why.
Speaker 4: Brother, I don't tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you why I am. Now.
Speaker 4: It's easy for me to follow Bucky Irvin because Bucky Irving has been a Bulky step child since since forever. And he's a huge, huge fan of Bucky Irving, and he's been right about him more times than he's wrong. But lately, and especially last year, I don't care if you were playing indoors on the field turf or outside in the south on the grass, or if you're up in Bulky Bulkyville up in Green Bay. You know, they use a combination of field turf and natural It doesn't matter because by Halloween it's frozen over anyway.
Speaker 2: But the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Three yards and a cloud of Dutch from Bucky Irving. The last game of the season. They gave it to him twenty six times a game the Bucks managed to win. They gave him the ball twenty six times. He got eighty yards. You average three point three yards of carry. I think the player is essentially done, and I think he gets a very Anyone that's drafting him anywhere is is basically drafting on history and not present. I very much saw a drop off in talent for this player last year, so I'm thrilled about any other running back in that back rod.
Speaker 1: I will put like and like, maybe this is not a thing, but to me, I think it's it's worth mentioning, so I'll mention it. Bucky Irving plays football in the state of Florida, which who doesn't, right, I mean, but Florida's it's a hotbed for high school and college players or whatever. Think about this though. Bucky Irving was born in Chicago, played high school football in Chicago, went to the Big Ten, and played at Minnesota University of Minnesota for a year before he transferred to Oregon, which is a Big Ten school and not like Southern cal Like this is like it's up there and and so I feel like, you know, five ten, one ninety five. Everdy just assumes, oh a place or the Buccaneers he's this undersized pass catching you know whatever running back. Like this guy has battle tested in the Big Ten and on the mean street to Chicago and playing high school football there. Like, there's a lot to like about Bucky Irving. Now, I know there's there's been talk about, you know, and and he's made this public like about recovering from injuries and the toll it takes both physically and mentally. I know that's a struggle or whatever. But given and and kind of what Todd was saying too, Rashad Whitez moved on. He caught forty passes last year. It's not like he was a clouch in the passing game. Yeah, game weell will probably take something away from Irving, but not everything. And they brought Sean Tucker back, and what else did they do in that back? They brought nobody else in, So this this could be very significant. You think about Mike Evans moving on, maybe there's more of an attention of detail to the rushing game in Tampa. Listen, I'm not like being a Bucky Irving evangelist. Maybe unintentionally I am here, but I think there is Yeah, I'll load it. There is something to like about Bucky Irving.
Speaker 4: There is evaluate there is a lot to like about him as a football player because he helps that team win. I love him as football player. I don't really care about him.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to draft him on fantasy teams. And that's that's just my pig.
Speaker 1: I get it, and and that I totally it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Every thing you're saying makes sense because he held the football player. Yeah, sometimes you need three and a half yards, but never in fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Todd, let's I want to flip. I want to flip this to Houston here and and we'll get to Jaden Higgins in a second. But I do want to bring up this blurb. We didn't get a chance to get to this on Wednesday, but I want to bring it up right now. Djb Enemy, who covers the Houston Texans for ESPN dot Com, reported that CJ. Stroud put a big emphasis on changing his diet this offseason. He cut out all sugar, which I didn't even know that was possible. I thought everything has some kind of sugar. And then he consumed quote nothing but water and lean food. I don't know what that means either, but apparently he's lost some weight. He's taking things pretty seriously as he angles. I would say undoubtedly Houston exercises his fifty year option and then he wants to get the long term deal. Une In Houston twelfth in EPA per drop back that was just behind Jared Goff this past year, twentieth in accuracy among players at his position, which was just ahead of a couple of Hall of famers in Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers. I know Houston Todd is gonna want to run the ball out with David Montgomery this season. Let's analyze CJ. Stroud for what he is. How much does this weight loss thing? And I know this is gonna be the sexy thing to talk about until we get to training camp. But he loses weight, hopefully in better shape, He's still gonna have Higgins, Nicocollins, Jalen Knowle. I'm forgetting somebody, Dalton Schultz. Obviously they drafted, did they not? Didn't they? Did they get Tanner Coozio. I thought they drafted another significant tight end on this year as well. Anyway, it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference, but this new streamlined, sleek c J. Stroud are you buying into him, Todd right now? I know you haven't done any redraft leagues, but he's super cheap in him right now?
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 6: Well, if I remember right, they had a pretty bad offensive line, which they've been through.
Speaker 2: It has gotten better, yes, if it has.
Speaker 6: And I think he's got a chance because I remember watching him in the last couple of years and he was under pressure constantly. So it really doesn't matter what kind of shape you're in or who you have to throw the ball to if you don't have time to make a throw. So but if he gets a chance, I mean, he sounds like a good deal late in draft for redraft anyway, if I was starting to say a dynasty startup superflex, I'm not sure I would take him. It would probably depend on who the other guys were around him. I guess you're still a little stung from what he's done recently as opposed to when he jumped out to that good rookie.
Speaker 4: Year less yards every year since his rookie season. Well, two offensive guards drafted in this draft and Bulkey that tighty end you were thinking of is Marlon Klein out of Michigan.
Speaker 1: There you go, which is more of a blocking guy.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, probably so Todd.
Speaker 1: In dynasty startups right now, Stroud is quarterback twenty five, so he is behind Jesus H. Christ, He is behind Ty Simpson right now, starting to take Simpson ahead of Stroud, Mayfield Mendoza, which I get. Golf Stafford Stafford had a Stroud right now, which I don't get. Or I guess it depends upon how you're approaching it as well. Bottom line is a CJ. Stroud is quarterback twenty five in dynasty startups, at the FFPC, in re draft leagues and the Big Gorilla. He's quarterback twenty three, super affordable right now, and certainly a player that, even if you're not a big believer in Todd, may be worth the risk at this point, given that there is.
Speaker 6: No risk, right Uh, it sounds reasonable, I will say. And this goes to the conversation on your Wednesday telecast talking about when do you draft quarterbacks. The problem is I play a lot of superflex, so even when I get in a one quarterback league, I tend to draft quarterbacks sooner. I'm willing to take the shot on the better players. Jackson and Allen Hurts, whatever, just because I'm so used to that. I've tried to pass on quarterback and then get two, say around rounds ten, eleven, twelve, whatever. And in fact, the last I was in Joe's versus Pros last year, and I waited and I waited and I waited, and I forget who I took. Might have been Purty in like the eleventh round, and then all of a sudden, Prescott was there in the twelfth round. Well, I can't pass on Prescott even though I just took Party, right, I mean, that seems crazy. I wish I had known Prescott was going to be there. I could have taken somebody else that would have helped me. They have been another wide receiver, even a running back, But that's just the.
Speaker 2: Way it goes.
Speaker 6: But I yeah, I to go for the better quarterbacks, So I'm not sure I would end up with.
Speaker 2: Stroud. Just get draft me. Speaking about it, sounds like he is super cheap.
Speaker 4: Yes, cheeking about the better quarterbacks. Lamar Jackson will never be super cheap. Do you think Todd that he returns to more of his his his rushing yardage and this season, because it was a big drop off last year what he did with his feet was nothing like what he had done before.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm not sure what the new coaching staff has in store for him, So I guess I don't know yet what their take is. Maybe they want to protect him. I'd turn him loose, because when he runs, he is very effective, very dangerous, So that's the way I would treat. I know he's getting older and so you run the risk of an injury if you run a lot, but I think that's who he is, so I would want to get the most out of him that I could. Todd and I was speaking of that.
Speaker 1: Oh go ahead, no, no, please continue, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just thinking talking about some of the guys that our drafted a little later than they have been.
Speaker 2: I am stunned at Patrick Mahomes. Where he going I do? And this?
Speaker 6: I think? You know last year I said the same thing. I was on your show and I was talking up the chiefs and where to draft Rice and Worthy and Kelsey, you know, blah blah blah, and Mahomes was going, oh, seventh round. But now I think he's going tenth round, eleventh round or something, whatever it is. It just seems nuts to me. That's like a gift he does.
Speaker 1: So this is great like a segue into what I want to bring up right now. Todd has already said he is a Nebraska guy. Nebraska as people will know, geography, fans will know, not that far away from Missouri, where the Kansas City Chiefs play football. Todd, you brought up pros versus Joe's, so I thought I would look back on your pro versus Joe's team last year. And I can tell you in the Rolling Stones Division you ended up taking and I quote, in the third round, xam, You're worthy Kansas City Chief in the fourth round, Rashie Rice, Kansas City Chief, in the fifth round, Travis Kelcey, Kansas City Chief, in the sixth round, Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chief. That's four straight chief. And for good measure, you drafted Breshard Smith in round fifteen that year as well. And everybody's like, okay, baal Key, nobody cares. That was last year. It was redraft. Things change. Okay, maybe you're right, But let's look at Todd's players that he owns in the FFPC right now. The number one player Todd Aaron Owes in Fantasy football in the FFPC. Emmett Johnson running back Kansas City Chiefs. Well, who else does he own? Among those top top players? Number two? Harrison Butker Kicker City Chiefs, number three, Patrick Mahomes quarterback Kansas City Chiefs, number four, the whole defense, the Kansas City defense is number four, and then of course Travis Kelcey number five. Todd Aaron, Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know if I've ever seen this before. For a guy who plays a lot of volume with the FFPC, his top five players right now currently own are all Kansas City Chiefs. Todd, I have to ask you your love affair with the Kansas City Chiefs. Is it blinding you for fantasy football? Or are FFPC players just sleeping on Chiefs right now because you are collecting all of them like pokemon.
Speaker 6: Ah, it might be, uh, it might might have blinders on at this point. But you know, they went to five out of six Super Bowls, so you got it.
Speaker 2: I was doing pretty well for a good six year run in there.
Speaker 6: Really it hurt last year because Mahomes got hurt and Rice, you know, with his troubles and he getting and him getting hurt.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: I think the expectations for the Chiefs have been lower. So for example, if you look at the Super Bowl odds last year, you're there like seven eight to one, kind of near the top, and now they're fifteen to one. So and we talked about Mahomes. Where's Mahomes being drafted? Obviously much worse than he was last year. So, uh, it won't be as painful to try and accute accumulated some Chiefs this year as it was last year. But several years they worked pretty much.
Speaker 1: Pharrel Les interrupt for just real quick, and I'll just say this, Todd, You'll be happy to know this. I did a trade in a private dynasty league when I was on the clock this past weekend where I gave up the one oh nine. And by the way, this is to our good buddies and former guests of the show, Danny Muller and then Mason Spain who I got to get on the show, Danny Miller and Mason Spain who co owned this team. I traded him Baker Mayfield in the one nine this year, for it was a second round, twenty twenty seventh pick in Mahomes and it's the first chair I have Mahomes in any Dynasty League, and I'm like, you know whether, I don't know who got the better under the trade, but I will say it, there is there is a little sparkle finally owning Patrick Mahomes and Dynasty. For me, I'm kind of excited for it.
Speaker 4: And you traded Baker Mayfield. I traded Danny Mueller, our wonderful friend, Danny Mueller, who the Mad Genius knows as well and everyone knows he is from where Oklahoma and where to Baker Mayfield playball Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: I believe you over paid Bulky.
Speaker 4: I think I don't think you had to throw anything else in there. You could have got it straight up. I believe you could have definitely twenty seventh for Mayfield. Yeah, they ended up.
Speaker 1: I think they took Eli Stowers with that pick, which makes sense. I mean I hadurs on I draft him in another league that weekend or whatever, and I was kind of like, yeah, I'm good on Stours. If they want they want to do this, like I'm fine with it. Sometimes Todd, I don't know if you do this because I know you play in a lot of FFPC dynasty leagues and mostly against the same players every year. Sometimes I do deals with this. If I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other, I'll just do the trade just to create good will. Like we're like, hey, ball Field, trade with me. Let's make a deal with him, or I'll just make the deal if I don't. If I don't, you know, if it's like kind of close to be like, yeah, let's see what happens here. Sometimes I do that. I don't know if you do that as well.
Speaker 7: No, Hey, as a Chief, A lot of times they're just not close.
Speaker 6: No, maybe think, oh I'd like to negotiate, but they put you so far down in a hole it's not even worth it to try and negotiate just to get back to even right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have. I haven't about being a Chief fan though, And I know you're a Raiders fan.
Speaker 2: It's not from well.
Speaker 4: I I do enjoy the Raiders, God bless them. They have a nice stadium. It's good place to go.
Speaker 2: Do you. I'm gonna miss him in the Chiefs backfield.
Speaker 4: And he was not a force for fantasy football often, but he did score.
Speaker 2: For me sometimes. Are you gonna miss Pachecko at all? I do? Yeah? I love this running style.
Speaker 4: I always thought he had a higher ceiling than he hit, you know, just just I was just curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Todd, Todd, you should, I mean, like I'd be super excited. I mean, I think Emma Johnson is a significant improvement from from Pacheco in Kansas City. I'm I'm and obviously Kenneth Walker as well. Like, but I'm very very robust on what I think that Walker and Johnson and are going to accomplish. Although you know, Farrell's right, I mean, there there's gonna be certain things I miss about Pacheco, but I think part of like his running style has probably cost him some money in the NFL, and it's probably cost him years off his NFL career as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Yeah, all right. I do like the Chief Blackfield now, uh go ahead. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know it's strong and we love it as well. I do want like I mentioned Stroud, there's actually there's two. There's two more topics I want to hit on before we call it a night. Jayden Higgins. I want to bring up because I know there's some scuttle butt out there that this guy is going to turn it on this year, Todd, that we're going to see you know, the flashes that we saw his rookie year. That's going to be more consistent with Houston this year. Now they still have Nico Collins. We we just talked about c J. Stroud as well. Your thoughts on what we're in for in years two of Jaden Higgins being the number two wide receiver for the Houston Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping to see improvement over last year and a continued growth saving in the year three and then I think he's going to be a pretty decent receiver. He's never going to be a stud, but I think he'll be a guy that you can get in your lineups. And so last year he was essentially my Emma Johnson of last year. I don't know what my account was, but I took him in the second round a bunch and he panned out for me.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's going to pan out.
Speaker 6: Last year it was okay, but I think, as you said, I think he's going to get better this year. I think he'll continue to get better. So I'm hopeful for Jaden Higgins.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I will say I also took a flyer on two other guys, DJ Giddens, which I was getting in like the fifth and the sixth round he's still the backup, but he never really did anything. But they didn't draft a running back either, I don't think so maybe there's hope for him. We'll see. He's still kind of where he was. And then I took a shot on Isaiah Bond, who when we talked last summer, he still hadn't signed with the team because he had all those legal troubles and they had not been settled yet.
Speaker 2: They ended up up getting settled.
Speaker 6: The Browns took a shot on him, and he was able to play for the Browns and he was actually improving throughout the year. But then they turned around and drafted two rookie wide receivers this year, so I don't I'm guessing they might not give him much of a chance this year.
Speaker 1: Probably not, but Todd the process was right on that. Like I wish I would have had more Isaiah Bond last year, given you know, we heard them them talking them up and at that point they didn't have Concepcion, they didn't have Boston or whatever. But at that time to Bond seemed like a really good investment, low cost. And by the way, if it doesn't work out this year, who cares like you invested very little into him, but you took the shot. And and most of the time when you take the shots and these guys they won't work out, but you take the shots on them because the time it does work out hashtag Buka Nagua, that's when you really reap the benefits for years to come.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, I had him in the ninth round mostly maybe the age, so it wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Let's get into one final topic here tonight, Farrell. I'm gonna throw this one to you first because I want to have Todd put the cap on this. Alvin Kamara the roller coaster that has been Alvin Kamara this offseason. He said he's now excited to see what he's gonna be able to do with Travis etn or excuse me, check that HN. In New Orleans this year, Nick Underhill for New Orleans Dot Football had this story. Kamara said he could not be happier that Saints signed at Chien and talked about how both he and Mark Ingram were really successful when they shared the backfield in New Orleans many years ago. He's been training hard, He's watched film on Jordan Tyson apparently. So it seems like this dude is all in yeah this year and Kamara is slated to make ten million dollars our cap figure of ten million dollars this year. There's a lot of void years onto that as well. Pharrel, we may have touched on this. I don't think we've gone in depth in on Camara though. When you think about Etchian and the money that New Orleans is giving him, when you think about Kamara and then the money that New Orleans has been giving him and is continuing to give to him, does this make you excited to draft either one of these players or fantasy or are you a little put off that Kamara is still on this roster and we will not see super saying peak of his powers Travis Etchien at least to start off the twenty twenty sixth season in the Big Easy.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm willing to give this offense a benefit of the doubt because I believe in the quarterback and I like the wide receivers that are here and Camarrow you know, if you can't beat them, join them.
Speaker 2: He wants to be part of a good team.
Speaker 4: His days of being the proverbial bell cow running back or coming to a conclusion. He wants to win, he wants to stay in the league, he wants to play football. So indeed, the mindset is a proper one for a veteran player playing on a coming team full of young players. He's there to be the elder statesman. He'll get plenty of carries, He'll get plenty of work, and he'll still catch the ball. And I think there'll be enough carries to go around with this team.
Speaker 1: Todd, when you look at it, I mean, I don't think there's any I mean, you know, it's so funny because I think, like I was one of the players last year that was trying to get Kendra Miller and Devin Neil in my dynasties when other people were cutting them because of injury or you know, just not being a big fantasy football producer. And I could get these guys off the waibar. I was very excited. Could not be less excited now that Kamara is seemingly going to be on this team with Etchien this year. As a dynasty player yourself, when you think about this backfield, how do you handle it? Are you acquiring these guys, are you trading these guys, are you standing pat New Orleans backfield is one I have scratching my is one backfield that I am scratching my head with Tom right right now. This is this is really really fascinating and frustrating at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure how to look at it either.
Speaker 6: I will say Neil and Miller probably not much of a future. But I agree with everything Farrell said. I think he's he nailed it, and yeah, that's where that's my take on it too, But I'm not really sure what that means. As far as the fantasy production for ETN, I think it'll be fairly similar to what we've seen in the past.
Speaker 2: I think he'll do just fine.
Speaker 6: And as far as Kamara, yeah, I have no idea some what that means really. Yeah, if he's able to do it or not. I think they're going to try and see if he can do it.
Speaker 4: But guys, I think he catches fifty balls and rushes for seven hundred yards and depending on the success of the offense, because last year's production came over ten or eleven games. Based on the success of the offense, he may do well. Touchdowns he ensured in last year, but he may regain some of that aspect of this game. So and but Bulke, you got Mojo to finish this up tonight, because I'm seeing him in the Dynasty drafts is largely free talking about Kamara, right, yes, sir, Yes, sir. And you know you'll have lots of fantasy players Dodd that will come in and they'll say, you know, when there's two options and you can't figure it out, I'm going to take the cheaper one. Well, we know where the cheaper one is here. And you talk about a low draft capital, high value handcuff. If there ever is such a thing, there's some things to like about it. You can build a strategy around it.
Speaker 1: Guys. You know what's wild is I just looked at the mojo and I was like, oh, I'm surprised he's going there. And I realized that was on the Dynasty startup mojo and he was running back fifty eight. I'm like, Okay, well that makes more sense. Not a lot of people are very excited about drafting Alvin Kamara and a Dynasty startup. Well, then I loaded up the Big Gorilla adp at Mojo and he was running back fifty eight in Dynasty. He is running back fifty six big Gorilla drafts right now. That's redraft, so he's only going two running back slots higher for redraft as opposed to a dynasty and Kamara. It's costing you a fourteenth round pick draft him.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: He is behind Keaton Mitchell, he is behind ty J. Spears, he is right ahead of k Tron Allen, and right ahead of Tank Bigsby Parrell. I can tell myself a story where you are right about his stats. He catches seven hundred yards. I am not as bullish on him as you are. My main concern as I throw this back to Todd to close it out tonight, my main concern is how much this affects HTN. And quite frankly, when we look at this from a dynasty standpoint, Todd, to any of these New Orleans running backs represent to you a significant buy, a significant sell, or perhaps just a significant I'm gonna stand pat if I have them, I have them. If I don't have them, I'm not going to go out and try to acquire them, just the New Orleans backfield. Todd in general, when you look at it from the standpoint of dynasty fantasy football.
Speaker 6: I'm happy with the shares of ETM that I have, and I'm not looking to sell them. I'm probably not going to go out and buy anymore. But I agree with what Farrell said. As far as the team itself, They've got a lot of weapons. Now, this is a totally different team than we've seen in the last couple of years. They've got some fire power and wide receiver, even a good tight end now running back. So I expect a lot more from the offense of the Saints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think at the end is looking at fifteen to eighteen carries a game and Kamarrow's looking at ten to twelve.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of carries farah for who for both of them, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a little higher than when I would project. I kind of.
Speaker 4: Well, you know last year. Last year ran the ball two hundred and sixty times in Jacksonville. Surely he's going to do something similar.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, you're talking about twenty five to thirty carries a game from Chian and Kamara, which is fine because they're probably winning football games that they're doing that. I just I don't know if they in that division and like I'm not I mean, I know the defense is okay, but it's not like, you know, the type of defense where you can run it twenty five to thirty times every single game in a vacuum. Yeah, that'd be great for fantasy. But at the same time, I think they'll want it. I don't know, maybe I'm maybe I'm off on this, Todd, that I just feel like like New Orleans. I think about Kellen Moore too, And and maybe Farrell's right when you consider that he wants to run all these plays like he just wants to. It's constantly go, go, go, go go, and and maybe that allows for more carries and more catches.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I said Arizona's gonna be fascinating to watch this year, Todd. The New Orleans offense, I think is going to be very fascinating to watch as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: The mad genius of fantasy football has done way more than we could have ever asked for, dispensing fantasy goodness and fantasy knowledge to get you set for a weekend of drafting in the FFPC and the kfff C tonight. But Todd Aaron crushed it once again as he always does on this show. Todd, thank you so much. For making us a part of your Friday evening. Thank you so much for your patronage of the FFPC, and please take it easy on me. In the Vonte Back one hundred dollars KFFSD Best Ball Championship, I will reiterate it is the best Ball Championship. And know this, my friend, I will not be entering that draft when it fills from a redraft managed team frame of mind. I will be coming into this knowing it is a best ball something I screwed up royally. But we're gonna see how it turns out. I'm excited to see how that is. I'm excited to draft against you as well. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Thank you so much. Todd. Be good this weekend and we will talk with you again very very soon.
Speaker 2: All right, have a good one, guys. Always enjoy talking with you altely, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: That is Todd Aaron, the ima genius of fantasy football. We will reconvene with you farrel Wednesday night with Stuart Keane at ten pm. It's gonna be a lot of fun to talk ball with him. And until then, we will see you. When we see you, KF F F C dot com is a great place to see you. KFFFC dot com is a great place to play fantasy football. It's the place I play fantasy football, and you can play fantasy football against me at KFFFC dot com k f FFC dot com. This is a pleasure, my friend. We will talk with you in a few days on Wednesday evening. Be good, my friend. That is Farrell Elliott, Ladies, gentlemen, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football that is going to wrap things up here tonight on hsff our Extra reps. I want to thank Todd Aaron, Farrell Elliott, the f f PC Rob Rice and of course each and every one of you. As I said, hsff our returns next Wednesday, ten pm Eastern Time, thirty four time f FPC League Champ Stuart Keane will make his return to the Hiff Hour. He is a blast, It's gonna be a gas. Don't miss it. And then, in case you missed last two or this past Tuesday night, the Roade of his High Stakes Lowdown with Milson moy the twenty twenty three FFPC Never Too Early Best Ball Tournament Champion joined us on that show. That was a lot of fun and gave us a lot of insight to how he's doing his redraft teams this year, his managed teams as well Big Gorilla FFPC Bestball Tournament. A lot of fun there with Wilson moy. You can watch that back on any of the FFPC socials, including this FFPC YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Last night on.
Speaker 1: FFPC Insider Access, Steve O'Rourke, the Fantasy Points senior Film analysts tonight chopped it up for two full hours about rookies and vets. A lot of fun on that. Watch that back again anywhere on the FFPC Socials or the FFPC YouTube channel, and then next week we'll get into this here for a second. Stu Keen on Wednesday, next Friday, I don't believe I have I'm looking this up right now. I'm doing this on Yeah, I don't have an extra REPS guest lined up yet, but we'll get that lined up shortly, so that'll be next Friday at ten pm Eastern, and then next Thursday at seven pm Eastern, you will have the opportunity to see myself in this ugly mug chop it up with one. Ryan Reynolds is going to be joining us from established durn and player profiler. He and I will chop it up next Thursday, May fourteenth for two full hours get his thoughts on the We always get into the odds with him about betting MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year, et cetera, et cetera. We'll get into that with him next Thursday on FFPC, et cetera. Access Big Gorilla Million Dollar Grand Prize, Baby Gorilla one hundred thousand dollars grand prize three hundred and fifty dollars and one hundred and twenty five dollars entry fee, respectively.
Speaker 2: On those.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about the seven Bananas and Early Rampage promos going on right now at my FFPC dot com. The FFPC Bestball Tournament and super Flex Bestball Tournament going on right now, four hundred thousand dollars grand prize to the Best Ball Tournament that's up one hundred k from the previous year. And then, of course in super Flex Bestball Tournament, one hundred thousand dollars grand prize for just a thirty five dollars entry fee. You can't afford not to play in that tournament. Dynasty and Empire startups of course going on right now at my FFPC dot com. The main event for the FFPC a million dollars grand prize. May thirty first is the early bird deadline where you can save two hundred dollars off all your main event teams. Don't forget if you're in by that deadline, you'll get an entry for every single one of the main event teams you sign up for to play in the pros versus Joes to compete against the industry's best for seven count them seven free twenty twenty seven f FPC main Event entries. And if you're looking for guillotine leagues, we have them now chop Leagues of live at my f FPC dot com. They start at thirty five dollars. They go up from there m y f FPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be next Wednesday, ten pm Eastern Time with Stu Keene, Parall Elliott and myself on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Thanks for watching everybody. For Todd Aaron, for pharaoll Elliott, I'm Eric Balkman. This has been High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour Extra reps. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my ffpc dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Balkey and Pharrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 7: You