Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped news, you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run in just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. Welcome my friends to the only.
Speaker 4: Show if it's kid. We're here to how problems, answer questions, take complaints. I'm glad you have joined us today. Any questions you have. We have recouped over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. So if you have any questions, we have a list of experts at referral lis dot com that can help you out in studio with me today. By the way, good friend of the show, good friend of Suzanna and I John Fuller, Attorney at law. And we also have Barry Miller Vestera Turnkey. We're gonna get into that. But the bottom line is, if you ever wanted to diversify into real estate and you really know little or maybe you know a lot, but you don't want to actually have to manage it, the returns that are possible with Barrier a pretty incredible and we'll talk about those throughout the day. Guys. Wow, I just got back from Washington, DC. It was so cold, John, I couldn't believe it. I know you traveled to Florida quite a bit. I looked up on the news and Tallahassee looked like Castle Rock. I couldn't believe it. Georgia, New Orleans, it looked like two or three inches of ice.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing down there.
Speaker 6: Like I grew up in Georgia, and you know, we would get snow maybe once every I don't know, four or five years, grow it was was not it was And to even call it snow is kind of a little bit of a stretch because what it really was was like freezing rains. We'd get a coating of ice, and I mean and there was people literally ice skating. Absolutely. My hometown had two red lights and one of them blinks. They would shut the town down. The people would stock up on groceries, the schools would close, every building, business, everything, they would all close down because nobody was going out. And if you did, like we had a hill near my house, you'd slide right down and cars would just pile up at the bottom of this hill because they'd come over and lock the brakes up and all of them would slide all the way down and just crash into a big pile at the bottom.
Speaker 4: So they were talking to I think the mayor or someone, it was New Orleans, and they're like, we don't have snowplows, we don't have sand, we don't have salt. Yeah, we simply don't have these things.
Speaker 5: The same for Atlanta.
Speaker 6: They got four two snowplows in the whole state.
Speaker 4: You know, it's really amazing how that weather went and it stretched. I know when I left here it was like negative five or whatever, and then out where we were in DC. My god, here, that's what I forgot about DC and Florida and that neck of the woods. Even when it's like fifteen or twenty, that humidity is when they will wind glows. It is way colder than five below here. Easily, easily. I could see how people could die out there real quick. All right, three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We're going to talk about anything that's on your mind today. I was listening to the economic summit there in Switzerland right before, and wow, do we've got a lot coming up? I never thought Don and Jim, I promise i'll get you in a minute. But you know, everybody that listens to the show knows where I stand. I love, I love what's going on. I think a lot of good things are going to happen. But after listening to that economic conference, and you know, over the weekend, you have guys like Diamond, Jamie Diamond. You've got the CEO of Bank of America that didn't seem to even like conservatives. Uh, you know a couple of years ago, you have got You've got all these people that are going to be bringing job to the country. The main thing Trump talked about today is here's what he said, John, If you didn't hear it, the bottom line I took from it economics. All we're talking about is if you build your product here, you're going to have a tax rate a fifteen percent or under. If you build it elsewhere, you're going to have a higher tax rate.
Speaker 6: I'm like a tax rate of fifteen percent.
Speaker 4: I think everybody would. Can you imagine that fifteen percent? Well, we'll see if that happens. Hey Don, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Man? Hello?
Speaker 4: Hey Don? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 4: I'm doing pretty good. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Okay? Last year sometime or another. I'm not even sure when I'm not even sure how we got connected. But this guy was going to put a roof on my rental property which is right behind my house.
Speaker 5: It's okay, about.
Speaker 1: Seven care feet, got it, And but he was working with that also, he being electrician as well, was going to.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't meet many people that are electricians and roofers, but keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. But anyway, he was going to upgrade, in the process, upgrade my panel back there, which was basically the switchbox was inside the house. Of course, it was built back in the fifties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real old, Yeah, I get it. They were going to put a new panel in, right.
Speaker 1: And but we went through the roofing deal and my insurance company basically just was not going to pay for it.
Speaker 4: Well hold on when you say hold on, So he came out, inspected your roof, reach out to the insurance company, and they denied the claim several times. Okay, fine, so they denied the claim. Then what right, So nothing got done?
Speaker 1: Nothing got done and deal, but he says, well what about this panel and the set up a date with stuff like that, and I said, well, I have to get a hold of my tenant let him know, stuff like it was set up for January third, got it? Anyway, he come out, was doing the work and stuff like that. Well, in the process, I looked at everything. You have the panel up, and I'm going, man, that thing is really huge. And I do mean huge. I mean this.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean by huge? I'd like to know. I mean I've seen a million electric panels. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, let's put.
Speaker 4: It like the size of the door that covers your your glasses in your kitchen, like like the like the cabinet. No bigger than that then like a door.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I could probably put twenty circuit breakers in there.
Speaker 4: How big is this that? Yeah, that's that's somewhat normal. Okay, So it's a panel, but go ahead, And why do you care if it was that big? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really most parts stuff like that. It is there, stuff like that. Yeah, it's just it seems exorbitant.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what endway?
Speaker 1: Uh, because the household has four circuit breakers, period, it's only got four rooms, and they had to put a search protector. Okay, So got that, and then he said, well, soon as the inspection that's done their thing. They weren't come out and change out the four circuit breakers and put in better ones that you know, don't kick out stuff like that. Okay, I understand.
Speaker 4: So wait a second, Wait, wait, I got a couple of real basic questions here, don that you got to help me with. Did he pull a permit for this work to begin with? No, So he didn't pull a permit. He comes in, he puts the panel in, he swaps the panel over or and he had to have give you new breakers at that point because it's a new panel. So when those were in, they were the wrong size breakers, so they kept breaking.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that that could possibly happen because this is what they require by code. But he said he come out afterwards and changing And I said.
Speaker 5: Okay, well he didn't pull a permit? Why did But he.
Speaker 1: Did not pull a permit? I defended out yesterday?
Speaker 4: Okay, so where where does it stand? Where did it stand right after that? So after he repaired it, meaning he put in the wrong breaker, it sounds like where are we at.
Speaker 1: Right now? Everything still as a total stand steal stuff like that. He was supposed to notify XL to hook up that panel and he didn't.
Speaker 4: How much have you paid him?
Speaker 1: I haven't paid him a dime.
Speaker 4: Well, then you're so far ahead here. I mean you got to call him electrician to have him come out and finish it.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, but he wants eighty nine thousand and ninety five dollars stuff like that. Don wait a second, over almost ten grand this panel?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, don first of all to install a panel. Listen, it's not cheap. I don't care. These days, he could easily be ten grand to swap out a panel. I know it sounds absurd, trust me, I get it, but I'm telling you that can possibly be there. But if he didn't pull the permit, and if it's not working and it doesn't have the proper breakers in it.
Speaker 1: What it is working? It's hooked up working.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought you said Excel had to come out.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to for.
Speaker 4: What what do they have to come out for.
Speaker 1: To hook up the lines off the line and install the meter?
Speaker 4: Okay? Hold on, don so when you say don please please come here, when you say it is working now, but yet Excel hasn't hooked up to the meter nor the panel. What do you mean it's working? How is it working.
Speaker 1: He did not contact them, and he is opposed to contact them, and he didn't. He hooked it up himself.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he hooked it up, and I get what you're saying.
Speaker 6: So Excel's got to come out and put a meter in, yeah, to individually monitor that separate unit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you're saying, or it's possibly it's feeding off the guy's old meter. Is it feeding off your old meter?
Speaker 6: Is there an extension cord running across your yard to your neighbors?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, hold on, don let me put you on hold. I want to get uh what electricians, Suzanne? Should we grab? Let's grab how about George fix it? He is an electrician. If we can get George, i'd be awesome. Or if George plumbline or fix it, But try George first, because it's George. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Don's got a or I'm sorry, Jim's got a froug call. I'm gonna I'm gonna pin down an electrician after this break and see how that generally works with Excel. But I'm pretty sure Excel or whoever the electric company is or the utility does have to come out and least sign off on it. I'm not sure if they have to do the actual hookup, but I want to find out. But John, if this guy hasn't paid a dime, he's the one ahead right now. I mean, that's what I want you to think of, don, I mean, why do you care at this point? But hold on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Rufer Excel Rufe.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 8: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 8: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five uh three oh three Martinos. Suzann's working on get one of our electricians on referral lists dot com. But don I really do want to know something out So where it stands now, you haven't paid this guy anything. Everything's hooked up. The only thing that hasn't been done. Is the inspector is not signed off because a permit was never pulled and excel has never come out as well? Is that correct?
Speaker 1: That's correct? But I also have other information. He told me what would I pay for the job? I told him I wouldn't pay much more over forty five to five thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Now, why is it?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of someone having work done? Did you guys not discuss the price when you started? Did you just both of you just assume you're going to have the exact same number in your head when it was done.
Speaker 5: We'll just work it out.
Speaker 1: That's about what?
Speaker 4: Well, how the hell's that happened? No offense, don But I have never heard of that in my life. It's like if I showed up at John's house to buy his car and I think I'm going to pay five hundred for it, and he thinks I'm going to pay ten thousand for it. I mean, I don't even get it, take it around the blouse.
Speaker 1: I realized that, and that's what got me on this thing and stuff like that when he presented the bills.
Speaker 4: But you haven't paid him a damn dime.
Speaker 10: So, but would you paid.
Speaker 1: Him a dime. I went out and got two other estimates, yeah, from local electricians and everything. Both of them come back at fifty five hundred dollars for the same job. I had a son that has almost a tentical panel on his house and he will be paid four grand.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, listen, man, pricing is pricing. Wants there listen listen though, man.
Speaker 1: Price like that?
Speaker 4: Pricing. Pricing is pricing the main problem we have here. There was no negotiations beforehand. Where does it stand right now? Is he threatening to lean you? What is he doing?
Speaker 1: He isn't. Well, he is saying it presented me a uh E signed deal to Synchrony think because that's where the number come in. Is that I so much that I signed up to do financing on it and everything and got something from them and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Second wait a second, wait wait wait none, And this is so important. Who do you owe the money to the bank or this guy?
Speaker 1: This guy?
Speaker 4: So the bank has not put a loan in your name.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess they have, but there's nothing on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, they have not pulled the funds yet. No, Okay, you got to tell the bank you don't sign that you got to tell the bank. Look, here's what I tell the bank, Synchrony, because they might pay him if you sign that, they're going to turn the funds over to him, and then you're going to owe the bank and you're gonna have no recourse basically against this guy. So what you need to do right now? I am not kidding man. You need to call the bank up and say, look, this guy did electrical work. He was supposed to pull a permit, he didn't. He was supposed to call Excel, he didn't. He needs to finish the job before I do anything. That's what you got to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to do that. You know what I'd like to do? Where I really want you to think hard? Where did you come up with that ten thousand dollars number in him? I still find it almost impossible. You agreed to have him do something with neither of you getting to a price. So there must have been something brought up at some point.
Speaker 1: Well, what it was hoping that was brought up at one point was the electrical job and the.
Speaker 4: Roof and how much was that going to be?
Speaker 10: The roof is not but he did I.
Speaker 4: Understand he didn't do the roof, But how much were both of them going to be At the time.
Speaker 1: He's saying ten grand?
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, come on, man.
Speaker 1: So he was then, and then he come back and tried to say, oh, well, no, I think we're That would have been about fifteen grand.
Speaker 4: Here's what we're doing, Hey, Suzanne, get the guy's number. I want to get the guy on, simple as that. So get the guy's name and phone number from Don. I want to talk to him and let's try to work this out three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. Because now what he's saying is and Don, we're going to help you out regardless. But now you're saying and once again it could be true. This guy, this contractor could be just a total ripoff. But if he's telling you, I'm going to knock you out and put a new roof on and I'm going to do the electrical panel for ten grand, and then all you get done is the electrical panel and he still wants ten grand, I just find that crazy. I find it absolutely crazy to me.
Speaker 11: Mark, there's a lot more we're not hearing here about Synchrony Bank. They're a credit card issuer. Did Synchrony Bank get involved in this deal.
Speaker 4: I know that because Synchrony Bank does private label, so Wells Fargo does the same thing. So when I sell computers or tires or anything, I had about four different banks. I would shop like that and I could basically get paid as soon as I was done, and then they would make payments. It didn't matter if it was an auto repair. It's for anything.
Speaker 11: So so did Doc Coler done already sign anything with Synchrony Bank?
Speaker 4: No sign, No, he said. The guy wants him to sign it now. And what he's signing is, so if you bought let's say you bought a twenty thousand dollars server from me back in the day, I would when I was done and you picked it up and you were happy, you would sign my receipt. I use Wells far Going third party financi and then I go get paid and then he would pay. And a lot of times back then it was like, you know, one year, no interest, no payments. A lot of that has changed now. While we're trying to get that guy on, Hey Jim, what's going on with you? Hey Jim, you're up?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 13: Hi Tom, Hey, I got a phone call this morning gone obviously a phone call, and I just want to have people warned about these guys.
Speaker 10: What happened.
Speaker 13: They're calling and claiming that I want to contest two years ago for I'm second prize seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. They want to send me as the old you know. But I got three different people's names and phone numbers. The first guy claimed to be from the Consumer Protection Agency in Virginia, and I got his phone number and information, and then he sent me over to the insurance company that had insured this thing, and uh got that guy's name and phone number from the first state insurance and trust.
Speaker 4: You must have been, Jim. You must have been bored this morning.
Speaker 12: I was.
Speaker 13: But I played them along. They were extremely good, and I just I played them along.
Speaker 4: In an English accents.
Speaker 12: How did they sound you warned about it?
Speaker 4: Did they sound like they're from these parts or did they sound like they're from No?
Speaker 13: They were, They were, yeah, they have no accents. Real good, you know, real good salesman, super salesman. And they said that if I told them that I know a consumer person in Denver, and they said, oh, you can have him call us and we can explain it to him.
Speaker 4: Oh, perfect, what am I doing that at all? Do you have the phone number?
Speaker 13: I got a phone number for all three of them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but which one? Which one said agreed to?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 4: Talk to us?
Speaker 13: Uh, that's a James Miller out of New York. I guess he's with the Awards Department.
Speaker 5: James, Okay, I know him.
Speaker 4: No, No, here's what I want. So let me put you on hold, Susanna. When you call up there, I know you're still trying to get an electrician. But when you call up this scammer, this number we're going to get from Jim, tell them, you know, he's got to know he's on the air, and we just want to understand how some of our listeners can get some of this money as well. Excited, we're now dragon, I've got to ask something. Get on air real quick. What I used to do years ago. I would say, they want a prize. You're on the air, you want a prize. We want to talk to you, and they would come on thinking they want a prize. Then I'd knock him in the head with what we're really talking about. I had someone I'm going back. I'm going back pre COVID I had a certain program director I'm not going to say his name that did not like that tactic. But I never saw a problem with it. I guess all. I'm asking you, as long as they know they're on the air.
Speaker 15: I'm pretty sure as long as they know they're going on the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do I have to tell the truth. There are a bunch of scums, so let's see if we can get them on Hold.
Speaker 8: On go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Susanne, my lovely wife, did you reach out to that scammer?
Speaker 16: I did, and he actually had a legit voicemail. I left a voicemail saying who I was and we wanted to talk to him and what we wanted to talk to him about. And then I also let in the voicemail said I'd be calling him back again in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love it. And we're still trying to get an electrician. I assume we might end up.
Speaker 16: You wanted me to call the electrician in question. Don gave me the wrong phone number, and I literally just got the right phone number. So if you give me a minute, I'll give the guy a try.
Speaker 4: How I'm not even gonna ask. I'm gonna end up pulling my hair out. I wonder how he gives the wrong phone number at a curiosity, Suzanne, was the wrong phone number to a different electrician. No, it was just too It just totally wrong.
Speaker 16: He just accidentally gave me the wrong number.
Speaker 4: I got youa hey, Jim, we left a message with the people that tried to scam you. Hopefully they call back. Honestly, I don't know if they will or not. We talked to one one time. It was so great. I mean, the best one ever. And I'm sorry I got to put that one on hold. Go here, the best one ever, Jim. We got a hold of some guy, and I believe every word he said. He was in Jamaica in like an office building with you know, on a floor with like twenty people, and these twenty people would get fifty percent of whatever they got, and he explained to us how it worked. First of all, it was almost it wasn't until the money was done, meaning if it was just on a credit card, they wouldn't get their cut for like half a year, because you can go contest a pure fraud up to whatever amount of time. But if it was like an Amazon gift card or a gift card, because that's what they'd always focus on, they wouldn't get the full fifty percent, but they'd get paid quick. But they'd get like forty percent and split. Say what the house? So he went on and he did. We said, well, why do you guys target people? Don't you feel bad when you go home? And he's like, no, it's a job. It really is. I got to feed my family just like you do what you do. And I believe every word he said was true all the way down to it. I truly do, absolutely positively. All right, three oh three seven ones. I remember the call, Oh you do remember that Jim, I.
Speaker 13: Remember, I remember the calls in the conversation. Uh, if somebody else wants to take the other two phone numbers or the consumed protection hez they guy and the insurance company guys. I also have those I can give you. You can go to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what the hell? You know what? Well, we will try one more. Hold on, I got full lines on right now. But give Suzanne that info. She's talking to somebody real quick. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey Michelle, what is going on with you?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Michelle, listen, I'm gonna tell everybody right now. It's my fault. Now listen, listen, it's my fault. When there's a delay like that. Do you know why, Dmitri I can't think of a good reason. Was I like that? He's like, no, there's no, there's no excuse for that. No, here's the bottom line. You hit the button. And I'm saying this because John sitting next to me. You hit the I'm sorry, just hold on, Michelle. You hit the button, and you wait about two seconds or three then go to the caller. It takes two or three seconds for them to actually hear you. But now go ahead, Michelle, thank you for holding Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 18: So recently my nephew wrecks my car. He took you without my knowing, and so I had Bull coverage insurance on it. State Barn paid their half the gap insurance is not paying the other half. It is thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Now why did State for them only pay half?
Speaker 18: I have no idea?
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm sorry, and I'm sorry, Michelle. What do you so? How much dam was the car totaled? Yeah, the car was, and how much? How much did they how much was the car worth?
Speaker 18: I still owed on my car about twenty two I think twenty two thousand. It was a twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: But hold on, how much? How much was the value of the vehicle? Do you know that?
Speaker 19: Or no, no, I do not.
Speaker 4: How much did the insurance company offer you?
Speaker 18: They didn't help me nothing. All they did is take me the ten thousand, ten thousands towards my car.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's what I was asking. So they gave you ten grand?
Speaker 18: Yeah, ten grand?
Speaker 5: So seriously upside down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what happened is you have negative equity either you bought it a very high interest rate. Something was inflated in the car. Where did you buy the car? And how much? I know you had an eighteen thousand dollars loan, but for example, do you know what your interest rate was?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 18: I do not know the interest rate on any market.
Speaker 11: I think Michelle said that she had GAP insurance that hasn't paid off?
Speaker 4: Is that insurance if she if she owes eighteen and they gave her ten, they're not giving her GAP insurance isn't giving her eight by any means? How much does GAP want to give you?
Speaker 18: Gap isn't given me anything?
Speaker 4: Not a nickel? Nope? Okay, let me ask you this. Here's what I want to do. I got to figure this out a little better. I would like the VIN number. You probably don't have the VIN. What was the year making model? It doesn't say, Hey, Dmitri, I want you to look up the year make model? What is it?
Speaker 18: It's a twenty eighteen Bwicks Lacrosse Buick Lacrosse.
Speaker 4: How many miles on it?
Speaker 1: There was?
Speaker 4: I just like, and then is there any trim you know of, like S model or anything like that. If not, we'll get close. And it was in pretty decent shape, normal shape.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, I only owned it for two years?
Speaker 16: Did you ask how many miles?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got that seventy. I want to look that up, and I want to ask you something else, And I think John Fuller knows where I'm going to here. So when they offered you that ten thousand, you said they only paid half. I understand you're thinking the gap would pay the other eight But did they say there was somebody else at fault at all? Were they only going to pay for fifty percent of the vehicle or they told you they were going to pay for the entire vehicle?
Speaker 18: Well, so I understand it. I just got full coverage insurance and that like State Farm would cover the whole car, and I didn't realize.
Speaker 5: That only covered our So hey, Michelle, this is John Fuller. I do this every day.
Speaker 6: So is it true to say that State Farm gave you what they valued your car at and that just happened to be about half of what you owed on it?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, perfect, that's what we were looking for.
Speaker 4: Perfect. Hold tight, We're going to get a value on that car and try to tell you where you well, where you're at. You might not like it, you might like it.
Speaker 8: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 8: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Frank Duran the real estate Man, How I love thee.
Speaker 4: He negotiates like nobody's business. I'll tell you what. Not only did he get us more money for the house we sold in Castle Rock, more money than the same model in the rest of the neighborhood. And he did it, and he did it and he did it, and he did it wonderfully. But he saved us a ton of money buying our house by negotiating with the owner in frank Town. Because Frank figured out, I'll give you a little secret sauce. He figured out the guy had that the house was empty for about six months, but we didn't know if he was paying intrist or a mortgage every month, and sure enough he had a big mortgage payment, a good nut to crack every month. So what happened was Frank figured that out. We made him kind of a cash offer, and he saved me close to one hundred grand on that house. You want the best forget about the rest, Frank durand homes dot com. I promise you, Frank Duran homes dot com. Now, so we did a couple things here over the break. So we have Michelle her vehicle was taken by a relative. What did you What did she say, John, her niece or nephew, something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you said without my permission? But Michelle, what is I mean? Is this the had he ever borrowed your car before him? And he wrote he didn't steal the car?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why did they say with that? Why did you bring up that fact? Because if the insurance company wrote you a check, I.
Speaker 6: Mean they must have thought he was a promissive driver. Or was there was there some question about who was at fault in the accident? No, that wasn't.
Speaker 18: My nephew was in fault of the accident. Yes, I did let him drive before.
Speaker 4: No, wait, explain what happened in the accident. So if he wasn't at fault, explain, to the best of your.
Speaker 5: Knowledge he was, he was at fault.
Speaker 4: Oh, he was at fault.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are they possibly I go back to what I tried to ask her? Are they possibly saying because that vehicle Dmitri, what's it worth?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 11: On cars dot com there are tons of comps for this particular twenty eighteen buke across with seventy thousand, and it's a solid seventeen eighteen thousand dollars car, asking pride.
Speaker 4: And that kind of aligns with her loan. She's been making payments for they years.
Speaker 6: Why did they take so much money off of your car? Had it been damaged before or anything?
Speaker 13: No, it has not.
Speaker 16: And Mark, if she if she cashed the check already, can she go back and ask for more money or is it kind of like too late?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It may not be laid against their own.
Speaker 18: Insurance company check personally.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, well, hang on to that for right this moment.
Speaker 4: Is this possible, Michelle? That State Farm assigned some of the blame of the accident to the other party.
Speaker 18: To my knowledge, I'm thinking, but I never got a check day page, the state farm page. Yea, the loan company.
Speaker 6: I never paid directly, So Michelle, they have to I mean, listen, there has to be a property damage adjuster. They got assigned to the case, and that person's job is to come up with the value of your car, you know, case or your car if in fact it was total, which it sounds like it was, so they have to go.
Speaker 18: Sorry, I did find all my paperwork for this insurance company.
Speaker 4: You have it right there.
Speaker 6: Here's Here's one of the things that I suggest that people do is you tell that insurance company that you want to see how they arrived at that value, and they can provide you with It looks like an appraisal on the house, so have comps. They'll show you what they added and what they subtracted. Mark, remember on your accident, Oh, mine was off by at what proved that they got the wrong model and just black got it wrong. Mine was so wrong it was crazy and you won't know what they did wrong until you see that. And all you have to do, since especially it's your insurance company, is call up and say I want to see this.
Speaker 4: I still contend though there's something else going on here.
Speaker 5: There has to be.
Speaker 4: There has to be what paperwork you have right in front of you? Do you have like a ledger arm?
Speaker 18: I have, yeah, it staple, But what is it?
Speaker 4: Does it have numbers on it? How they came up with? Does it have that ten thousand dollars number on it somewhere?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean the quint Now, and here's what I want you to do.
Speaker 5: Hold on, what was your deductible?
Speaker 4: Oh, there is a good question. That's a really good question. I bet it's a thousand. But hold on, let's ask her. And I say that because hey, Michelle, how much was your deductible?
Speaker 18: And see, I'm not sure my husband takes care of everything like that.
Speaker 4: So send us a picture. Here's what I want to do, Suzanne, pick up. We're gonna go to break here in a second. I'd like a picture of the settlement sheet if she has it, en Tam, text it to you, alrighty, simple as that. Three oh three seven one three A two five five?
Speaker 5: And who is this?
Speaker 4: Jim? Jim, We're gonna go ahead and free you up.
Speaker 16: We're good, Yeah, he wants to hold I'm sorry to interrupt, and I'm gonna call the scammer one more time over break and see if he answers and wants to come on, then I'll I'll kill kill Jim if I need to.
Speaker 4: Awesome, I love it.
Speaker 16: I wanted to listen in now.
Speaker 4: Also, we're gonna tell talk about Vestera Turnkey after the break. These guys have a webinar coming up. I'm gonna explain really quick because we're run out of time here what we're gonna do. But I want Jim, Mark, Michelle. You guys hold on, I'll be coming right back to you. One line open, three oh three Martino three oh three seven one three A two five five. But this Saturday ten am. You can actually do it right from home. You can do it wherever you want. It's a webinar, but you're gonna learn how Vesteria Properties has made people literally millions of dollars. They go find the right property in the country for you. They find the right house, the right economy, the right place. Then they find the right people to manage it. While you collect rent. You own the house. It's your house, you're renting it out. Then as it appreciates because they found the right house in the right area, whenever you want to sell it, you sell it and it's all for like three hundred and ninety bucks a year. It's incredible. We'll talk more about that and a lot more coming up. I'm the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 8: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ripped up life. You know you're in the whole shown as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Show the Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No, Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the show, the only.
Speaker 4: Show of that's kind. Hey, listen, everybody listening, So we got to scammer. I'm listen. I know I'm not doing my normal intro, but you know the show we help you solve problems answer questions, take complaints to the tune of over three hundred million dollars. Suzanne's got one of the scammers on. We had a call last hour and this guy said, hey, all these people are calling me up. They're telling me how to get seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. We got this guy on the hook. He can't hear me right now, but he is gonna hear me when I go back in a second. But I do need to tell everybody out there, well, we don't have any lines open, so that's not gonna work. But help it troubleshooter dot com and don't forget three ZHO three Martino if you want to get through and talk to us, So tell Suzanne. She can put him back on hold, and I'm gonna he'll be able to hear me when he's on hold. Okay, body, hank Ty, it's gonna be good. All right, Let's get him on hold.
Speaker 20: All right.
Speaker 4: So we have exciting news today. Check it out. We have somebody. This is incredible and I'm hoping, I'm hoping it's a real deal. But we have James. He's on the line right now. I'm gonna go to James shimps. I am so impressed by this. We had someone tell us about your system how to get seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. How does that work?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 19: I have to ask mister Quickley, he is the one offering this.
Speaker 16: Mister Quickly start caller Mark on line three. He's saying that he just told me that Jim's soliciting him for it.
Speaker 4: What what are you talking about? James? Seriously, do you not.
Speaker 14: Received the phone call from mister Quickly from Colorado? Yeah, soliciting some funds from some kind of awards, sir, some.
Speaker 4: Kind of Wait a minute, are you turning the tables on my guy? Are you trying to turn the tables? Who's the I need to know both of you, both of you right now, which one's the scammer. It's like the cartoons where they're pointing at each other.
Speaker 9: Jim, are you the scammer trying to scam James?
Speaker 19: I believe this or Quickly? I don't have some explaining to do.
Speaker 4: Mister Quickly, Do you got some explaining to do?
Speaker 13: Oh? By well, start off with a call from Consumer Protecting Agency David Western Virginia. I referred me to First State Insurance trust their name and phone number. Yep, and now over to this James Miller, and they gave me a claim number.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, James, Hey, hold on, Jim. James, Seriously, man, can I ask you a question? Sure, I'd really appreciate this, I honestly would.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So look, I know what side of this this year on. What I'd really like to know, though, is just the back. We all get phone calls like this, we all do. I mean, it's incredible. So like, where are you? Are you literally in the country? How does it work? Do you split the money? If you do get money? I mean, how does please just explain how it works? I mean, do something nice for everything work.
Speaker 19: I'm in my Manhattan and I received this phone call.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it.
Speaker 19: But now I don't understand what you're trying to am.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying to say, you're a big time scammer. That's what I'm trying to say. And I was hoping for one time. I was hoping for one time in your life, one time in your life you could actually help people and tell us how this works. He hung up, He hung up, out out, he hung up, Hey, Jim, he hung up by me I believe you, man, there's no doubt that guy is involved. Suzanne. When you first called him, what did he say? What did you tell him?
Speaker 16: I told him, I said, we're a consumer advocacy show. We are understand you're getting out seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars rewards. And Jim Quigley said, you would be happy to explain how to do that for our listeners, and he said he'd come on. And then when I went back to him while you were introing the show, he was trying to tell me that Jim was scamming.
Speaker 4: Him, so he changed it. Yah, yeah, so I do.
Speaker 16: That's going to be sort of turn of events when you brought him on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 5: Who's given me seven hundred and fifty grand? That's what I want to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know who's Who's one.
Speaker 5: Of you guys is responsible for my seven fifty?
Speaker 1: Lord?
Speaker 4: Hey, Jim, out of curiosity, what was ultimately how would you get to seven fifty? We know the three people in, but what was the whole scam? You send them five grand to pay the prize money.
Speaker 13: Now I send them one percent seven thousand, five hundred dollars for the insurance pause. They put on I didn't understand, and they this is a great part. I said, what about income text by get this money? Oh, the insurance company paid two hundred and thirty thousand dollars on insurance.
Speaker 4: Wow, so they paid your insurance on the taxes. They paid your taxes.
Speaker 13: You're going to give me one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know what. I am so glad you got involved, and I'm glad you called up too. I was really hoping. I was honestly hoping I could reach into this guy's soul and get some real information. I have no idea where he is, but I would guess right.
Speaker 9: Cuba, he's in New York, and I have he's not in New York.
Speaker 4: Do you think that guy lives in Manhattan? Well, no, he might live in the subway system in Manhattan.
Speaker 16: I called for his voicemail. Was a New York area coach.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, No, no, no, I know. But so everybody out there knows, and some of the older people probably don't. But here's the bottom line. You go to Google, you set up an email.
Speaker 1: You can get a.
Speaker 4: Google number for free, and you can pick basically whatever area code you want. In the world and you don't even pay a nickel for it.
Speaker 16: Honestly, he didn't sound foreign to me. Did he sound foreign to you?
Speaker 4: He said something that reminded me of Cuba.
Speaker 20: Huh.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what Telly said. Huh, what did he say, Barry? Didn't he say something about Cuba?
Speaker 20: As soon as he got on His first words were not.
Speaker 1: Or maybe breaking?
Speaker 4: Ricardo? Did I hear a lucy thing in there?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 20: Did you know that was you?
Speaker 11: Because you said you guys got some splaining to do? What your reference?
Speaker 4: I think he said that first. I picked up on him, so I threw it back out.
Speaker 20: Oh, very good.
Speaker 4: So when he said that, I was thinking maybe Cuba. I thought it was something. Yeah, yeah, bubble Loup playing in the background. Is it Cuba or Cuba? I believe you're asking? Yeah, it depends, so you're asking. So, Hey, Jim, I appreciate that call, man. That was a That was a good one, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 13: All Right, if they get any calls from Consumer Protection Agency out of Virginia or First State National.
Speaker 4: Or anywhere trust or any bank, any of those things, yeah, or any insurance guys.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 13: I just don't want any other seniors getting scammed out of their money. I appreciate your help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it, the bottom bottom line, folks. And I mean, it's so weird these days. You got to re emphasize this, but it happens. My old man got uh somewhat taken, not for a lot of money, but someone hacked. You know, he sells he he doesn't now he's in his eighties, but he sold some homes in the retirement uh neighborhood he's in and pretty much just right around that area. And his boss, okay, actually got her email hacked and sent him an email along with her other employees. And the email said, Hey, I'm out of state right now and I really need to send a few people some Amazon gift cards. Please get them ordered, send me the number, and then you know, bomb, bam bam. So my dad bought five hundred dollars in Amazon gift cards because it legitimately came from his boss's email. But anybody out there, if anybody asked for gift card money or cash or anything, just don't do it. There's no other better way to say it. Three three seven, one three two five five. Let's say Mark, hey, hey.
Speaker 16: If you check your email here you and John both. I'm sending over the documents for Michelle's settlement on her vehicle that was totaled. Should be in your inbox the next ten seconds.
Speaker 4: So people just joining us. Michelle called last hour. Her vehicle got totaled. It was somebody else's fault, but it was her insurance that ended up paying the full amount. And basically she is short eight thousand dollars and we're trying to figure out why the insurance company only paid ten grand on an eighteen thousand dollars vehicle that was totaled. Denmark, you'll be up after that.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 8: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, waterpros dot net, Paul the Waterman man. They got the best systems out there, and they got them for up to half the price. Listen to that. I bought a system from him last year. I called around. I got a better system from Paul the Waterman for half the price of the other guys, for half the price and entire house system they have one now that is incredible. Not only is it a water softener, it gets rid of the chlorine and on top of that, it gets rid of the forever chemicals. You're going to have drinking water every place in the house when you shower, and we know those four ever chemicals don't go away. And the whole thing's under four grand. Think of what I just said. I dare you to call up another company, call again or something like that right now and say how much for a whole house a whole house system that does that. It's going to be fifteen grand. These guys have unbelievable prices. I don't even know how he does it, but I know this. He's a master plumber and he's a great guy. Paul the Waterman. You can check him out at waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net now three O three seven one three eight two five five go ahead interrupt.
Speaker 16: But with Michelle in the auto insurance issue, you wanted a couple extra documents. She's gonna text those over to me and I'll get them to you. So we're gonna put her on hold for just a hot minute.
Speaker 4: I love it. So Michelle called up and she only got ten grand eighty and then we'll try to get petty details on for a real value of that car. There's a couple of things they could be happening with Michelle. Here's one of them. She paid for Gap insurance, like she said, and she really did pay for it, but the dealership never sent it to the Gap insurance company, so they denied the claim because they don't even have a policy on her. The other thing that could have happened is they just flat out denied it because some of them are sleazily as sleezy as hell, John, you deal with auto accidents all the time. How often does gap insurance come up where there's an issue getting the money from the policy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the bulk of the time we see problems with gap. It's it's process problem. So it's it's not reading the how to make a claim section and following it to the letter.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if they say claims can only be made on the first Tuesday following the accident, and you wait till Wednesday, they're like, sorry, sorry to follow the process. We're going to deny the claim. And that's that's how they get out of a lot.
Speaker 4: And we're going to ask her when we get her back up and get those documents. I'm hoping they have the original sales. I'd like to see the other thing I was thinking about. That's actually I love that. I can't wait to look at it. Here's why. Let's say she had eighteen thousand. What she says she had a loan for eighteen She's been paying on it for two years. I'm just going to assume let's say the original loan was twenty thousand. I wonder how much of that twenty thousand was the mopp and glow. I wonder if there's a service contract in there for three there's a windshield contract in there for one thousand, or.
Speaker 6: If she could have been upside down bringing a trade in to the table before it, or could have been negative equity rolled into the day rolled in. You never know what exactly until you see that order.
Speaker 16: Michelle, here's a good box, just so you know what's happened box.
Speaker 4: While John's looking over at that Mark, What is going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Hi there?
Speaker 12: Mark?
Speaker 10: I wanted to find out if you have any advice on claiming an abandoned vehicle. We have a vehicle that was left at our complex. It looks like the tenant moved out, parked the vehicle in the guest parking. It's been there almost a month.
Speaker 4: Is it just is it like a rundown jeelopie or what do you got?
Speaker 10: Late later model Jeep Renegade unlocked. The keys are actually in it all I know. For all I know, the title could be in there.
Speaker 4: It's either it's probably either out for repo or it's stolen. I mean, I call the cops.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we called the cops. There's no missing person's reporting. It's got a valid license plate with still not expired plate.
Speaker 4: But the keys are in it and everything. I wonder if it's like a setup vehicle. I mean, why the hell would someone leave a later model Jeep with the key in it. I mean maybe they want it stolen to cash out of the loan or something.
Speaker 5: I've seen videos like this on YouTube and stuff.
Speaker 4: I've seen an episode of Sign we think, just saying the car smelled. So he threw his keys to a bum and was like and then the bum gets in. He goes, oh, no, it smells too bad. Where where is it? Mark?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: In Lakewood? In a UH condominium complex?
Speaker 4: Well, who who is your tower?
Speaker 10: We haven't contacted a tower. We haven't made management and aware of it yet. We were waiting to see if they'd come back and get the vehicle.
Speaker 5: I'm sure after going on the radio, it'll be gone this afternoon.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, John, that's unbelievable. You know what this could be. This could be the guy. This could be the guy. It's an entire setup, Mark or you in cahoots on this.
Speaker 6: No way, hose you have another payment, dude next week.
Speaker 4: That is crazy. It's like, Hey, the keys are in it, it's it fourteen.
Speaker 6: It seems like it has a full tank of gas.
Speaker 4: It's full taking and there's a wallet. There's a wallet right there in between.
Speaker 6: It looks like a hundred sticking out of the wallet.
Speaker 10: I moved the vehicle out onto the street.
Speaker 4: I would not do that mark, I wouldn't get it. Don't get your finger printing. Moving to the cops. I asked you about the community there, because generally at condos, town homes, apartment complexes, everywhere there's signs for a tower it used to be Wyatts or whoever. I'd call them up and tell them to get it to hell out of there. It doesn't belong there.
Speaker 10: So I don't have to be management to have it towed off.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I would tell management to get it to out for sure.
Speaker 5: It has to be management.
Speaker 4: Why does it bug you that it's there just out of curiosity?
Speaker 10: Well, if our guests parking, they could. They have their own guests parking at different buildings, so it kind of disrupts our guests when our guests come in. Then I have to park on the street.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I would. I'd go right to wherever your management is or just call them and say, hey, this thing's been there thirty days, it hasn't moved.
Speaker 10: Okay, But there's no real process. I guess ultimately would end up at the city auction or something like that.
Speaker 4: Now that is the process. What would happen is they would call up the tower, the tower would come get it because it doesn't belong there. I mean basically, if they have posted signs there, the tower would come get it. They would bring it to wherever they bring it and store it, and then the owner would be notified by the registration. And if it's sat long enough, I mean, then the towyard would the towyard would figure it out it had a liquid intact, and then if there was a loan on it, what's good for the towyard. Well, this is a cool part for towyards. If there is a loan on it, they end up getting paid for the storage and the tow and everything by the bank because the bank wants a vehicle back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's nothing you're gonna do. You're in no position.
Speaker 10: One more ask one more question and make one more comment. Sure, who's ultimately responsible for the roads and the highways, especially through the city and the Denver metro area.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, who's responsible for what all the potholes? What do you mean?
Speaker 10: Yes, well, it really bad and I think Governor Polis needs to do something about it. Well, my quick comments.
Speaker 5: Thinks a pothole hotline.
Speaker 4: I mean that's more of a yeah, I know, dial nine and we'll show up and fill that pothole within the next twelve years.
Speaker 10: All the way west, all the way out to the east.
Speaker 1: Really bad.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll tell you where. It's funny as hell. If you take what's that back highway into four Collins, if you go Armshair, you go to four Collins and you cut over Laramie.
Speaker 11: It's a beautiful drive.
Speaker 4: The second you get out of Colorado. Beautiful in hit Wyoming, absolutely like you're in a Cadillact that's brand new with the best suspension, airport quality pavement. And then on the Colorado side, it's hang onto your hat and that's like it twenty five going any direction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the same.
Speaker 6: On seventy coming in from Kansas, it's just gorgeous. And then you hit the state line and.
Speaker 5: You're like, hang on for dear life. You're all over the road.
Speaker 4: And what's that area on seventy where you go way past Grand Junction and then you come to those big bridges that wind around before you go into Utah. You're on bridges that are way off to ground, winding around those things. You're so far off the ground it's crazy. And there's potholes the size of basketballs everywhere. Yeah, it's insane. So to answer your question, who's in charge of the roads, Well, apparently, I guess ultimately Polish, I mean really right, Yeah, I mean who.
Speaker 6: Else literal the city. It just depends on what roads you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Everything's priority, you know, John, we had a car or not one car. So I had a good year years ago right at I seventy Impuria and a pothole opened up. I think it was during the winter, but this pothole was literally taking tires off and blowing stuff up. I mean it was massive, and I had four or five get dropped off in my parking lot because we were right there by literally the city because they had to get the cars off the street and they needed everything from bent Rims. They all needed at least one tire, but bent Rims someone mad control arms, bend everything. And you know, ultimately there was one guy there that was going to fight the city, and you know he was gonna pay for those repairs. He owed maybe five hundred and six hundred I don't remember, but no one got a nickel. City didn't pay for a damn thing. So, I mean that's just the way that rolls, man. I mean, that's part of driving on our highways. So I assume when they get really bad like that, they fix those first, and that's all they're dealing with. But Colorado is a joke when it comes to freaking the highways, it really is.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: Were do you in Georgia?
Speaker 20: Where the roads good? You know?
Speaker 5: I don't really remember.
Speaker 6: I mean they seemed good. Yeah, But I've been out here for like thirty five years though, So go ahead, Barry.
Speaker 20: I grew up in Pennsylvania, and everything you're talking about is not nearly as bad as it was decades ago.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 20: Still, Pennsylvania is even even.
Speaker 4: Worse as if you grow up there.
Speaker 20: Well, Ekespeare, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: I don't know where that is.
Speaker 20: Well, that's like fifteen miles from Scranton. Don't kick me out. I know where that Scranton I was.
Speaker 4: I lived in Westchester, PA.
Speaker 20: For four years. I worked near there, Ridley Park.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, everybody, hold tight, we're going to come back. We're going to talk to a problem with Oh wait, we're waiting on that. I have two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We want to hear from you any questions you have three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Man, we are getting to the bottom of this insurance one slowly, but surely. We've got some questions we want to ask. Brian over at Compass Insurance, Suzanne send them some stuff over, but really interesting stuff we have found and we have all the numbers, and I'm pretty sure we can put this together. Uh, but John Fuller found some stuff. If you have gap insurance and paid for it, when you hear the exclusions in this person's policy, you're not gonna believe it. I mean, they're incredible. I don't want to get into it until we get Brian on though, John. But They're absolutely incredible. Now I do want to talk to vest E as simple as that. Hey, Barry, when did you start doing property deals? Be honest? Twenty three, twenty oh three, and you basically find great little pockets in the United States, of course of booming economies.
Speaker 20: Heavy research, we find booming economies for the next three or four years, not flashing the pans. H Yeah, there's a different.
Speaker 4: Give me an idea of one. I mean, maybe it's not a current one, but give me an idea. And why was it where you guys started looking for properties?
Speaker 20: Well, Albuquerque, New Mexico was one of our hot spots.
Speaker 4: I got If you told me to buy a place in Albuquerque, I'd be terrified. Yeah, why is that? Though, it's so undervalued, undervalued?
Speaker 20: But the economy they were booming then we're talking six seven, eight, got it, et cetera. Bringing jobs in. They have government security jobs, they're in defense. Okay, okay, in the not military. But Colorado Springs was a hot spot until AT priced itself out just three years ago. AT price itself out. So it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: If it's in I'm just using states, New York or Mississippi.
Speaker 20: Doesn't matter. We have fifty states from which to choose.
Speaker 4: We search everything, and you're looking for the hottest upcoming economy.
Speaker 20: Hottest upcoming economy, I mean we're talking the top five or six economies.
Speaker 4: Then you find the property.
Speaker 20: Then we find the neighborhoods, and then the property.
Speaker 4: Now are the properties ever townhomes or condos or they're always single family? What's what's or they're all the above?
Speaker 20: Uh, single families ninety seven ninety eight percent. Yeah, we have one now, but it's two hundred and fifty dollars a month. HOA Ye for a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Property that's out of line. Yeah, it don't make money on HOA. You're punching all this math when you're looking for all of it. And then these properties that you guys buy on behalf of the investor.
Speaker 20: The investor buys them.
Speaker 4: We don't, but I'm saying that you find I got behalf of the investor. They're in good shape, ready to rent.
Speaker 20: That we do the tip top shape, no deferred maintenance for the next city.
Speaker 4: We're not talking some fix and flip deal.
Speaker 20: Opposite end of that. Cherry pick cherry picking the best properties.
Speaker 4: So you find the house for me. Let's say it's me, and then basically I buy the house. I can go through a mortgage, I can pay cash whatever I buy. All that for you.
Speaker 20: We shot lenders, we shop property managers, everything.
Speaker 4: So then you put that together and boom, I own the house. Then you guys find someone that could manage the property for a while, and they come in and they rented out. They check the tenants, they know the rules, they're in that area, and that's what they do.
Speaker 20: Top managers we even oversee them, so you don't even have to interface with them if you don't want so.
Speaker 4: I collect my rent check every month, and then after X amount of time, if I need the cash, I could sell it the next week, I guess.
Speaker 20: Or you could get a second loan on it at any time. I mean, whatever I want with it, do whatever you want to sell it, whatever I want fairly liquid, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no negotiations as far as I don't have to contact you and I want to sell it either. If I just want to sell it, I can.
Speaker 20: Sell it anytime, anytime, anytime.
Speaker 4: And you guys only charge what for everything we just talked about. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 20: The only direct fee our customers ever ever have an option to pay us if they want to. Three hundred and sixty dollars a year.
Speaker 4: And what's that for.
Speaker 20: That's for overseeing the property manager and giving you extra economic reports, helping you decide when is a good time.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm going to ask the base question. Man, here's the base question. How do you make money? How do we make money? Good question? Thank you, thank you, Mark, good question.
Speaker 20: Okay, when you buy a property, when you buy that investment property, the real estate broker got paid on your behalf got a percentile? Yeah, typically two and a half percent. We're big advocates of that, not three. We think three is gouging by the way, got it. But in any case, two and a half. We get a big chunk of that real tour's commission because we gave you to them, We did the word.
Speaker 4: But that's where the money's atten, right, that's where the money is.
Speaker 20: We get paid by the real estate broker who's your broker, and they give us about half of the commission.
Speaker 4: And then what is the success rate? You said, oh three, so we're we're twenty four, twenty two years in give me a success rate.
Speaker 20: I'll give you the success rate for the most recent five years. That's the most important five years. It was very good prior to that, but kind of irrelevant historical, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I mean coming after eight to ten.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you know, that was a slow down there, et cetera. And we save people money and they didn't lose money in those years. That was good. But we reactivated it big time in twenty nineteen. We do not have anyone anyone who has made less than thirty to thirty five percent on whatever their annualized basis of their cash. Cash on cash, keep it simple, cash on cash. That's what we make more money on it. This year twenty twenty four, no one was making less than forty two to forty three percent on their money.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 20: So we have the track record. We have it clean.
Speaker 4: It's nothing in Colorado, by the way, though, nothing in Colorado to the top of the market.
Speaker 20: We have certain guidelines that are proprietary that Colorado doesn't meet because of our high prices.
Speaker 4: So John, I was looking at a place in Nebraska, in a little town called Scott's Bluff, and they had some brand new duplexus. I think they were duplexes, but they were big houses, two thousand square foot duplexus, and I was singing a buying two of them, and I sent you the huh And I said, Barry, I mean, what do you think of this? Just the property? And he basically emailed me back the next day a full report on it, and the bottom line was, don't touch it with a ten foot pole no matter what you do. There's no economy out there. You know, the biggest that there's like a sugar plant, and then there's Walmart, and then there's basically everything in a nursing school, and it's pretty much there's nothing going on there, and the market is crazy to buy out there. That's fun investment profit.
Speaker 20: Flat line instead of a big curve upward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, flatline or less. Because those guys weren't even really playing ball with what I was willing to offer, but I was looking at buy in two. Look, I got to take this break. But listen, Barry in the gang this Saturday, ten am. It's only forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: But what if people say, I'll ask you after this what they expect and then Michelle, we're going to dig back to that. Listen, I do have some lines open. Anybody out there has any questions three oh three seven one three two fo We got our expert, Brian Burns. We're gonna dig back into Michelle's and figure out why she still has a loan for eight thousand dollars. I love math, you know I love math, John, because it's always correct. Math is always correct. There is a reason Michelle still ows eight thousand, but yet her vehicle was totaled and it appears as if she had proper coverage through the gap insurance. There is a reason there, and we're going to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 9: Bad news.
Speaker 2: Need advice, so you don't have the come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming. Man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 4: To the show, the only show of us time. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a great show going on here. If you have any questions or have any problems, maybe a bad contractor you want to expose, or maybe somebody we can help you try to recoup some money, maybe a bad landlord. You get the idea. That is what this show is about. Over forty five years, Tommy boy has been doing this, in fact, the longest running show with the same host in the country. Yeah, that's a pretty impressive deal. Yeah, I mean, what else did you say about that? Hey, we've been digging in and I've got an expert at Brian Burns by the way in studio with me, Deputy Dmitri and then Barry Miller. He's with Vestera Turnkey And if you have any questions on buying property being a landlord, it's a great time to call. Honestly, he knows everything about that. And then John Fuller assisting me to my left ear attorney at law, friend of the show, friend of ours, and he's a personal injury attorney. So Michelle called in and interesting enough, her nephew was it her nephew, Hey, Michelle's your nephew, right, Yes, he borrowed her car. He lives with her and borrowed her car. He's only sixteen. And I'm saying this recap for listeners and Brian burns and he borrowed the car, took it, and he wrecked it, and he wrecked the car. And on top of that, All State Nohl State Farm paid out ten thousand dollars for the car, so her finance company got to check for ten grand, but she still ows eight. So there's a lot of different pieces going on here, Brian. I'll bring you in in a second, but some of the other pieces going in out of that cell order John. She bought that car for thirty thousand, and then she spent four thousand dollars on a service plan, and then she spent five hundred and something on the gap plan, and then you add tax, and you had other stuff like that, her gap insurance. Brian, if I had all the exclusions. We might be here till Friday, but Dragon, I want you to play some of them that John read directly from her policy.
Speaker 6: Total loss resulting from dwidui or any intentional act forgery, or any criminal or illegal, intentional, willful, reckless, negligent, or want an act committed by you or any authorized driver. Loss resulting from war, whether or not declared, invasion, civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil commotion, disturbance, riot, or action taken by any governmental authority in dealing with such.
Speaker 4: Now, after John put that together for me during the break, he found what another twenty things they don't cover.
Speaker 5: I mean those were just the important ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just listened the one of course, because the Trump insurrection. So I guess if you were a January sixth, could happen. Yeah, it could happen. Now, I don't understand the Civil war one. I guess if we break out in the Civil war again, then no coverage.
Speaker 6: You really have to distinguish between invasion, civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, and civil commotion, and those are all slightly different.
Speaker 4: And I can tell you this if you're calling up trying to get your car covered by GAP during any of.
Speaker 6: Those things you're having a debate about whether it was revolution or civil commotion.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't even know like how they do these, but the first ones, let's go right to the fact that I'm gonna ask Brian Burn some questions. But really the first one is if you do anything wrong. I mean, basically it alludes to if you run a stop sign, you have no coverage.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, listen, here's the deal about GAP insurance. They write this stuff with the hope that should anything happen, they never have to pay. I mean, they didn't set out to put this policy in effect so that they can pay out any.
Speaker 4: Type don't have to make money. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 6: They've tried to exclude. Now, let's just be honest about what we're dealing with. We had an unlicensed driver that wasn't supposed to be out there, that committed criminal quote unquote acts that he was charged with by causing this accident. And so in that first line where you talk about you know that he was he committed illegal acts, he committed negligence. I mean, they've got the grounds to deny this lady the coverage that she bought and paid for multiple reasons unless she was completely not at fault for the accident.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: And then when I say less she, I mean she or any authorized driver, which this kid was. Yeah, okay, unless she's completely without fault. I read this contract to mean that they have no liability. Well let me let me let's go to this.
Speaker 4: When you talk about permissible, she's saying he didn't have permission, But we asked her, has he driven the car before? And Michelle, you're there, you said yes, he has so explain to people, John, why even if he borrowed it later right that it would be there was permission.
Speaker 6: So we deal with this sometimes where you know, we we get into whether or not somebody is a permissive driver, and if they're a permissive driver, then the coverage of the owner is going to apply to the permissive driver. In some Saints it's not like that, and they go to their own insurance first, but in Colorado we we default.
Speaker 5: To the owner's insurance.
Speaker 6: So the rule in Colorado is basically, if you've ever been a permissive driver, you're always a permissive driver.
Speaker 4: But in this case, the kid did he I just really want to go down this. I mean, he broke every other rule to every rule but just on this one. If if he he never drove the car with a license, he drove it with who, your your daughter or somebody Michelle, Yes, he's drove with my daughter.
Speaker 18: She is a driver's bcen. She just have a driver's bycense. And I also wanted to say that that day he took my car, I was in the shower, right, I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: I understand you had to you he might as well stole the car.
Speaker 6: But let's let's just say that the roles were reversed and and he wasn't at fault for the accident. And you would say, so what if he doesn't have a license. The other person was was at fault. They should be responsible for paying it. And we're not going to let him get out by saying he didn't have a license. Okay, So it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. I'm okay with the fact that he's a permissive driver. My whole point is, under this contract, I think they can look at two or three of these provisions and say this gives us the legal out.
Speaker 4: Does it not have it if you break the law?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're negligent, Well, hell, that's the definition of being at fault for any.
Speaker 4: Act wear in someone run a stop sign if you're negligent. Think about that. So basically what it comes down to. And I want you to keep holding on, Michelle, hold on now. I want to bring up Brian Burns. Brian, real quick, I want you to listen to this. I know you heard it, but I got to play it again. Dragon. Would you hit that again?
Speaker 6: Total loss resulting from DWI dui or any intentional act forgery, or any criminal or illegal, intentional, willful, reckless, negligent or want an act committed by you or any authorized driver. Loss resulting from war, whether or not declared invasion, civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolutions, civil commotion, disturbance, riot, or action. Take it by inner governmental authority in dealing with.
Speaker 4: Such So, Brian, simple question, you know. And by the way, he found another paragraph of things like that that we didn't have time to get on there. I mean, is gap insurance just one hundred percent a joke? Or is there some companies that actually sell you gap insurance where this particular thing would be covered or are all of them only covering like this one it appears to do. Is if you get hit by somebody else and you have no negligence at all. It literally says if you're negligent, they haven't out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I Suzanne sent me over the actual contract, so I read that. First off. I'm shocked that it's great radio. If John just wants to read every single exclusion on there, it'd be really interesting to hear.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to have them start doing voiceovers for our investment companies.
Speaker 15: No, I will tell you. I obviously all the insurance companies offer some sort of loan or lease gap. I pulled one up just at random to look. There's not even close to the number of exclusions listed. I've never seen one where it has an exclusion for basically, if you're at fault in an accident, they're not going.
Speaker 1: To cover it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly.
Speaker 5: It is exactly.
Speaker 15: I've never seen that. I will tell you on the flip side, just to be fair, Well.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, Brian, I want to I want John to tell you something to go to the rust and stuff. Wasn't that on there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 21: Well, I mean that's they started talking about the total loss caused by the following wear and tear gradual deterioration obsolescent rust, corrosion, latent defects, inherent failures, freezing, overheating, you know, nuclear.
Speaker 11: I mean, everything is an inherent failure, that's anything.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Chevrolet, Well, I'll tell you that a loaner least is going to follow the language of an auto policy, and auto policies are.
Speaker 15: Going to exclude wear and tear. In general. You're not going to see any auto policy cover you for that kind of damage or mechanical or anything like that. So the loaner lease gap coverage would follow suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the only reason this cover, really, the only reason gap is there, is to help you pay the loan off.
Speaker 5: It's really just for accidents.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares about all that other war and commissioner cares. We're just talking accidents. But I've never personally seen one that excludes an accident that you were at full time.
Speaker 4: Either, So you don't have the ones you sell. Basically, if you run into a rock and it gets totaled, you're going to get your gap insurance of course.
Speaker 15: Now, but what I was trying to go with being fair, this policy, as far as I could read, would actually cover the carryover that she had on the loan, and most loaner lease gaps will not do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it doesn't cover anything.
Speaker 6: Basically, it covers up to one hundred and fifty percent of the basically the MSR at this at the time of the sale, which is great. But and it doesn't even have a sliding scale, which is great. But if they don't cover it because of your negligence, then who cares about that?
Speaker 1: Agree with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And they never for people listening out there, they never ever cover the mop and glow. You buy a four thousand dollars service policy like she did you buy you know, two hundred dollars windshield and five hundred dollars key and undercoating and all that other crap. Uh, none of that's covered zero. That's crazy, Brian. I've just never seen one that there's no coverage. So Michelle, I'm hoping you understand where you sit, you have no coverage. Yeah, it sucks, doesn't it?
Speaker 18: It really does? Because I post full time. I thought I got full coverage insurance. I had the gap that get you made it sound like gaps like for sure, like something you I should get and four nesting pretty much.
Speaker 16: I guess market shucks because she went through all the steps to cover her ass and cover her I know she's totally screwed.
Speaker 9: They slim Flammer and Michelle.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you some advice, and it's real world advice. You now owe eight thousand dollars on a vehicle you don't have, and you have zero money to go towards a vehicle, right right right, there's gonna be places out there that are gonna turn that into negative equity. They're gonna sell you a car for ten thousand dollars more than what that car's worth. Okay, because you really have no money, So you're you're gonna walk into something very high interest rate, very high overpriced. And the reason I know what's gonna happen because I saw what you paid for this one. I mean, you're you're your prime for picking. You gotta like you gotta get I don't know. I mean you probably just need help negotiating on the vehicle. Do you have actual money you can put down on a vehicle?
Speaker 1: Now? Yes, I do.
Speaker 18: I mean I've gotten another one.
Speaker 4: Oh good, what did you end up getting?
Speaker 18: I got to do Dodge Drango twenty twenty five. That's when needs dot or so they needed a vehicle. So I got that vehicle and it's fine for now. I'm just as upset about the whole issuing.
Speaker 4: No, you know what sucks man, that dealership. In my opinion, did you wrong? Did you wrong big time? Because I've been in those rooms. We've all been in those closing rooms. It's like it's like Thunderdome. I mean, really, you show up, you go in there and they're like, here's a sign here. Oh and you need this. I mean by the time you're saying, they just wear you down. At some point they want to sell you something or else. The closer isn't making his money and he's not going to have a job. The whole thing is set up to be a pressure machine, one hundred percent of pressure machine, and that's what happens. They lie to you. Now, Now, you should have read that policy and saw that you would have no coverage for everything we read plus a lot more. But you didn't. So that's what they can hang their hat on. But I realized the guy or the gal on the other side of the desk was like, oh, you definitely need that. If you don't have gap coverage and anything ever happens, you know it could ruin your life and blah blah blah. Dmitri, Hey, Mark.
Speaker 11: I looked up the you know, I looked up the retail value of this car in cars dot com with the updated mileage of one hundred ten thousand miles, and it's still about fifteen thousand bucks. Okay, I want to do one Courchelle should should try to get some more money from her primary insurance company, so Brian.
Speaker 4: That goes back to Brian. So, because that's her insurance company, they paid the loan off to the tune of roughly ten thousand. She still has eight. Can she go back and ask for more?
Speaker 15: Yeah? So that's where I'm sorry to meet you. I was thinking the exact same thing as him. Aside from the terrible gap policy, which I agree with you, I'm not thinking that ten thousand dollars was a fair subtle ye.
Speaker 6: It was actually like twelve to be just to be fair, and twelve I think was a total on that.
Speaker 4: Let's do Suzanne. Hold on, Brian, let me take this. Can you still hang a second?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on, let me get everybody on hold here. I would like to get a real value of that vehicle and no offense there, but I've got a guy, that's all he does for a living, and I want to see it for five hundred bucks because that's what they charge at petty details if they would go into the appraisal clause or if it's not even worth it. I mean, I just don't.
Speaker 6: Even if you pick up a couple grand, it's still huge for her.
Speaker 4: So it's total BS. So that they sold her that gap policy, you know, out of that five hundred bucks, I bet you, hey, Brian, real quick. I mean, I'm going to get killed by dragon. But listen, when they sell a policy like that, I think at cost her what was it, John five and a quarter? It was five hundred and thirty bucks at thirteen point two percent interest. Yeah, that's true. But let's take let's just take the price of the policy. I mean, really, Brian, how much do they make off that? What do you think the dealer shade makes at least?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I would say I would agree with that. I would think that would be well, I'm just saying even the guy that's the finance person is making money off of that. It's those extras at the end, in my opinion, are a terrible value.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're paying like John just said, you're paying fourteen percent interest or whatever the interest rates on every.
Speaker 1: Bit of it.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 4: And honestly, when they have like zero percent interest, like through Chevy or a Honda still paying. You still pay interest on that stuff if you roll it in. But anyhow, hold on, Brian, hold on, hold on. This is an important conversation for people. And then Tarzan, Now wait a minute, Suzanne, is that really someone's name?
Speaker 16: I I'm sure I heard him right. You know my ears are a little free of.
Speaker 4: Course for title company. We've got a great uh, it won't be able to help him. We've got a great attorney.
Speaker 16: And then Marc guess what what that scam guy James Oh from.
Speaker 4: This morning just saw call her back? Hold on, Okay, did something happen?
Speaker 16: Then he called the call back after we hung up.
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's gonna be juicy. Back on, that's gonna be juicy. We'll recap.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 8: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a couple lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Susanne, I assume we could not get on Petty details. He's not calling back.
Speaker 16: Oh my bad, I got busy. Just do you have Brian Burns on though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, try to get him on. What I want to figure out is the actual value of her car. I want to see if the insurance company paid. He'll be able to help me. Let's just see if we can get Petty on and then, Brian, I want to thank you for coming on. And I'm glad your gap insurance. I was going to raise a little hell with you if all the policies were like that. So I was really glad hearing that the policies you sell, you know, this particular case might have not been covered because the kid you know, borrowed the car without permission and some other stuff, but generally speaking, your policies, your gap policies, you guys sell would cover if you're at fault.
Speaker 15: Of course. Yeah, that that is a crazy clause that I have not seen before.
Speaker 4: What's the worst what's the most egregious out you have seen? Not necessarily on gap, but like I don't know, on the homeowners. Have you seen one that you personally thought was horrible and there was nothing you could do about it and it was a big dollar amount.
Speaker 15: I mean, even like the one that you know, specifically yours. Whenever I've seen more than one of those where there's a flood endorsement on a policy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they don't pay.
Speaker 15: It, declined it couldn't They say it was not flood even though it's water coming in that that's a pretty obvious one that I think is just a ridiculous argument.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I got it paid. I had to. I had to get Matt involved, but he got me paid. So listen to this, John, I had safe co. I've got just the best insurance you can buy, and then I add the flood on it. You know, the flood's cheap. I mean, the chances of me flooding are very little. So what happened is it was summer and hailstorm hal season. It piled up on my deck, which is a cement patio, but it's off the air, and we add about three feet of hail up against my glass sliding door going into my house. We were out of town in our RV. We get a video from my daughter who showed up the next day. Our entire kitchen floor, all of our hardwood was damaged because it was so much water because it was melting as quick as it was coming down ran into the house. So I was like, I called up Brian. I said, there was no way I would ever thought I would have used that two hundred and fifty dollars flood rider or whatever it was they said.
Speaker 5: They said it wasn't covered because.
Speaker 4: They said it wasn't a flood.
Speaker 5: It came from the sky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they how they defined a flood. It could come from the sky, but it had to come in on the ground.
Speaker 6: But there's like a distinction between groundwater and the rain or hail or whatever. I mean, that's kind of like down in you know, the hurricane zones. I mean, everybody has wind homeowners and flood and flood and they all point fingers at each other. Nobody ever just said yep, that's our loss. So I call up Matt with Paragon.
Speaker 4: He's a public adjuster, and he comes out and well, actually, I send him the policy over and then send him the video. He goes, you're covered, and I'm like, he goes, listen, I'll just get involved, get it done. So he demanded an adjuster, came out. The adjuster came out and agreed to it. They took they took fault, and I said, well, how come, how come we had to bring it to this level? He goes. The funny part is they know this and it happens a lot. Yeah, they might have had an out in there, if you read it, they might have had an out right. But he goes, you get an attorney involved, and they know this because they already know you're the kind of guy who's gonna lose. Attorney. They're gonna lose because they're gonna get in front of the jury and go, here's the guy that bought every rider they have. He had the best insurance out there, and he had a flood and he bought flood insurance. I mean, everybody's gonna go for it. But isn't it crazy, Brian, He came down to that.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 20: It is.
Speaker 15: I was gonna tell you also, I did do I know you're going to get your guy on that will have way better you know, knowledge on the value. I did run that ven number because it's on the contract there would again, average value is somewhere between twelve and fourteen, is what I see when John would they.
Speaker 6: Give them six with tax, so they give them the lower Yeah, I don't know that they did or all that wrong on the value. The ultimate insult here is the lack of GAP doing what she intended for it to do when she bought it transparency, and there was none. That's the real tragedy here, if you will. Her insurance did exactly what they're supposed to do. Maybe they were off by five hundred or seven hundred dollars or something, Yeah, but the reality is they weren't off by you know, six or seven grand I really hope.
Speaker 4: This is a learning lesson for people out there. I learned something today on that gap. I never I don't have GAP insurance on any of her vehicles, but I never assumed for a second that if I wrecked it, there was no coverage.
Speaker 6: Well, I only know that because every time a client of mine has gap, it seems to be a fight to get coverage. And sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But it's always getting into the fine language of the contract every single time. It's like, all right, break out the contract, let's get into the exclusion.
Speaker 4: As an attorney, Brian, just hang on a second, and I'll make sure to give your number out for helping us and all that. But as a matter of a contract, look at people that buy a house. I mean, how many people read through those closing documents just simply doesn't happen. So I guess as an attorney, if someone threw in something just crazy. Real estate's a little different, but you know, throw in something at the end, like you know, and you'll work for me for ten years for free and it's a car purchase, I mean something like that. At what point, at what point is the contract just absurd and it doesn't matter what's in there, it's just absurd or do they just take the absurdity out? Most of them?
Speaker 5: Most yeah, absolutely, most of them.
Speaker 4: Let me throw this in if that gap contract literally said in there by the way, everything's excluded, Like the last Comma was everything.
Speaker 5: And anything else that could possibly happen.
Speaker 4: To anything you could think of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean most contracts have some clause in there that says, look, if some part of this is determined to be illegal, then the rest of them are still going to apply in full forces if the other one never existed. God, I don't know that this one does, but most do. But you know, it's it. I hate to say it because you don't have time. I understand when you're sitting there and they're throwing documents and documents and documents and sign and sign here, you just get tired and you just sign and you just you need gap insurance. It's really important. You got to have it signed here.
Speaker 4: Well, you another thing. You don't buy one damn thing of it, and I guarantee you go home and talk to someone and want to buy all that stuff. After the they're gonna let you buy it, right Yeah, They're gonna tell you right there. Oh no, you got to buy it now. There is no way you can't go find good gap coverage. You can't find a service plan.
Speaker 6: But the problem is most of the people that most need that coverage have.
Speaker 5: To finance every bit of it in yeah, I know, and so.
Speaker 6: That's that's the people that are the most subject to being victimized are the people that need it the most.
Speaker 4: And that's who they're targeting. Yes, all right, Hey, by the way, everybody out there, Brian Burns Compass Insurance. Listen. I have used Brian in the Gang of Compass, Tom has. We all have for so long it's crazy. They'll shop every year for you. If you're with Progressive this year, they'll check all the other companies to make sure that's right for you. Young drivers, you have a sixteen year old getting ready to get their license, call Compass. They have got people that specialize in that. You own a business, a shop like I did, You have employees, you have workmen's cop These guys have it all. Compass Insurance three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Tarzan and Jim. I can't wait to him hear from Jim. We had Jim Scanner or Scammer on the phone with us this morning. He was on and said Jim was trying to screw him. Of course we know it wasn't Jim. It was James a scammer. But after we hung up on the guy, or after he hung up on his James called Jim back. I wonder if he threatened him. And I'm gonna tell you guys about something that happened in Colorado Springs to a couple that went off on a scammer.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his own on customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Eight eight eight Heating dot com. That's the name of the company. Cindy, Cindy one know who does the forty five dollars cleaning? And yes, I'll tell you right now, it's one of the best cleanings out there. They tear it apart, they get rid of the dirt. You get the idea. They don't come out there and go, hey, do you want to buy something? No, the whole cause is to show you how great the company is. So for forty five bucks, new customers only come out clean your furnace, get rid of the dirt, the number one killer of a furnace, and slap a no breakdown guarantee on there. And that's it. It's simple as that. Go to eight eight eight Heating dot Com Cindy, and that's that now three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. Man, we got a ton freaking going on. I guess I would like to know, Tarzan, what the heck are you referring to with the title company error?
Speaker 12: Hey, Mark, a longtime caller, first time listener, Unlike ninety percent of your callers, all get straight to the point. I sold a house just last week, okay, and it closed on Friday. I get an email from the title company and it says your house is closed, but because we're after business hours, we cannot transfer funds to your bank until Tuesday because Monday was an MLK holiday. Yeah, I'm like, okay. So the buyer they give her the keys, okay, and she doesn't go in right away on Friday, but goes in on Saturday. And because of the cold snap, that we've had the furnace went out and the pipes froze. Okay, so she panics. So now I'm just thinking I feel bad for But from a legal standpoint, in my head, we're closed. I mean, this could have happened a week from that.
Speaker 4: I don't think it. I don't know why. I don't know why you think that. And then I'm gonna let John chime in here. But I don't know if it matters where the where was the money was the title company holding hers?
Speaker 6: Where the money is? The warranty signed? The deal is closed, it's a done deal.
Speaker 4: It's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, congrats, but.
Speaker 4: You she ended up getting paid, right or you ended up getting paid this guy and.
Speaker 12: So and so they came back to me on Tuesday and said, we're missing an addendum of the five hundred dollars earnest money. I told her, don't worry about it. You know, you don't have to pay it. So that was an addendum to the contract. And so they came back on Tuesday and said, hey, that contract wasn't valid because we never got that addenda.
Speaker 4: What's the title company saying, forget about the forget about them?
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, so they said that we closed on Friday at four thirty pm, and I would have the funds transferred to my bank account on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: And here we are Thursday, and you still don't have them.
Speaker 12: And then they emailed me back and said, hey, that contract doesn't work because we didn't get that addendum in time. And to me, it's like, well.
Speaker 5: Who sent that email? The title company?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Who Yeah, the title company?
Speaker 1: And then so.
Speaker 4: Who was the title company? Tarzan.
Speaker 12: So this is in western Nebraska, about three hours in north of here. It's called Koonsman Title Company.
Speaker 4: I have heard Listen, John, I know I know where you're coming from on it. And I'm going to remind you real quick of something I had a friend this happened to kind of it's a lot different, but it had to do with that attorney that got in big trouble here. You happened to know you.
Speaker 6: Weren't happening to carry the paper on that deal, were you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good call.
Speaker 6: This wasn't like an installment land contract or an owner finance thing, was it, Tarzan?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: This was all she had her finances from the bank ready to go. And then I just got an email on Tuesday. It says, Hey, the buyer's panicking. Now we get pulling out of the contract.
Speaker 6: I don't think you can't pull out of the contract. It's closed, the warranty date has been signed, the loan funded. Even if there was a defect in the contract, I can't imagine that that would unravel the deal right now. I you know, any defect in that contract would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you might have to bring an action. I mean, it sounds like they're simply not paying them.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that if somebody needs to start talking to their own an.
Speaker 4: What Brad O'Brien's got to say, Barry, what do you you've purchased? How many homes?
Speaker 20: Yeah? Yeah, you know hundreds.
Speaker 4: Has anything like this happened? I mean, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 20: I know what happens once in a while. Well, my second thought is, where the heck are the real estate agents involved in here to be solving a problem that they apparently caused because some five hundred dollars item didn't get indended in time.
Speaker 5: To that however for earnest money.
Speaker 20: However, so that's go ahead, Tysan, are the agents helping you?
Speaker 12: Neither the buyer nor seller had real estate agents, so.
Speaker 4: It was just a title company. Well that's not a smart thing.
Speaker 20: Well that takes me to the first issue is the title company. So what are they saying today?
Speaker 4: Are they simply telling you for real, it's just not a valid contract.
Speaker 12: Here, I'll read you. I'll read you the email.
Speaker 1: I got yesterday.
Speaker 12: It's real short.
Speaker 4: Now do me a favor. Forward it to us right now?
Speaker 5: Can you do that?
Speaker 4: H Yeah, hold on, hold on, I'm going to put you on hold. I'm behind forward it to help Susanna. I'll tell you where actually, yeah, tell where, Suzanne. I want to see that. That's absolutely crazy. Hold on Berry, you can say it.
Speaker 8: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rid you need so you don't have run in as sass as we can. Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No, Tom Martinez. You know we're gonna put We're gonna add some notches to our belt here pretty quick. I have to tell you we're over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges and refunds, and we have a case right now. We're working behind the scenes. It's crazy. It is absolutely crazy. But let me digress for a second. It's the Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three, seven to one, three eight, two, five five. You've been ripped off? You got any problem? Contractor? We got two lines open. We've done a ton of stuff today, but this one, this one's crazy. So listen to this. I can't believe this. Tarzan calls in. I got to ask him some you just go buy Tarzan. I assume the name I see in that emails you right, yes, yes, yeah, which is fine. I don't care about that. I just want to make sure that wasn't to somebody else. So Tarzan closes on a house Friday at around what four thirty or before that? You close, it appears they leave, it's done. It's over. The title company emails them saying that they can't transfer the funds until Tuesday. It's passed. The wire cutoff. That happens all the time, and the next business day or the next wire day is MLK. It's a national holiday. This is all makes perfect sense. In fact, a lot of us have been there, so the funds won't be there. But I want everybody to understand, those funds are at the title company right now. They're not at the lenders. They're at the title company. The title company has all the documents signed. The title company has the money. The only thing left to do is dish out the money. Generally most will go to the seller and then some might go to a real estate agent something like that. But other than that, it's it. The title company did its job. Then what they email them yesterday? John, go ahead read read what the woman Wendy from the title company emailed our caller and Kelly, who I is?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 4: Is that the buyer's broker? I assume I don't know who Kelly is.
Speaker 12: No, No, so Kelly is. She's a real estate agent in another town in Nebraska. Me and her are good friends. So I sold the house for sell by owner. But when it came down to the paperwork, I paid her a flat feed. I love helped me out to get it, get it through.
Speaker 6: She's hopefully got another, you know, insurance policy that we can rope into this thing.
Speaker 4: So, but John, this is crazy. So I really I want you to You don't have to read it verbatim, but that first sentence says a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wanted to touch base with you both to let you know that the buyer, the buyer's lender, is stating that this closing is being rescinded and they are requiring that I wire.
Speaker 5: The funds back to them.
Speaker 6: I wanted to make sure you knew that you know that this was going on and she is not purchasing the house. If she wants to move forward, she'll have to start all over again. And let me know if you have any questions.
Speaker 4: Let me know if you have any questions for coming.
Speaker 5: I can think of a few, I.
Speaker 4: Could think of one hundred. I have got something very important to ask you though. Did you respond to this, and if so, what did you respond in writing to her?
Speaker 1: Did not respond? Good?
Speaker 4: Good, dear? I have never can you imagine, John, you go in you sell a house, or buy a house, you close three days later they want to rescind. That would literally turn our entire our entire buying and selling of property, not just in Colorado, but in the entire country well up, stub down.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. So let's just play this out. This guy had no right to go back in their property and do anything. I mean, this deal was done and over with. If he went in there and forgot something, they could charge him with trespassing. Okay, if she happened to be there and he walked in the front door, I mean that's a problem. He had no right to be on the so he had no ability to protect it or anything else. And this was a done deal. You didn't know he had signed the warranty deed, the loan had been funded. They had the money, as evidenced by the letter from the title company saying I've got to send it back, which which implies that they have it. So this is a done deal. I don't think that title company has any authority to wire that money to anybody other than the cellar, which is the which is the instructions that he signed in his closing to send me the money by wire or whatever method.
Speaker 4: And here's what happened for people just joining in. The reason this happened is, well, I'll let the caller tell it. She bought the house, and what happened? You closed, and what happened Tarzan?
Speaker 12: So she they gave her the keys, congratulations, all that crap. And so she goes in the house again we had, you know, everybody had that cold snap yep, and realizes the furnaces out and the temperature in the house is like twenty five degrees and the pipes have frozen, which really is not big of a deal because the water was turned off anyway, so it's just the lingering water that's in the pipes that that froze. But she's kind of a panicky buyer, and so she calls me freaking out, you know, because again we don't have realtors. So we talked to each other. I'm like, you just got to relax, we gotta get we'll find out what the damage is and we'll go from there. So in a period of a forty eight hour time, she panicked, freaked out, and then backed out.
Speaker 16: Do you know what the damage is? How much?
Speaker 12: So far it's thirteen hundred dollars to fix the furnace, and that should be happening today and then we eat the house back up so we can get the pipe.
Speaker 4: Was there an inspection? Did she do?
Speaker 12: And they had they had an inspection on the front.
Speaker 5: It's her furnace, and then they had yeah, oh yeah, I mean repairs.
Speaker 1: Are you well?
Speaker 12: I mean, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: You're going to.
Speaker 20: Tell her good luck?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean that's why I'm calling you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is crazy. I have never heard of a closing or a title company that would do it. In fact, Okay, I do want to do this, Suzanne, get Frank duran on. That guy has closed on more houses and I mean I don't even know how many. He closes more houses in one month than most realtors do in a year. But John, you're in the same boat. I'm not saying you bought anywhere near that amount or is bear Yeah, but you've done a ton of deals and you're an attorney. Once again, the entire reason of hiring and paying a title company is for exactly this kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially if you don't have brokers involved.
Speaker 6: I mean, they're in a unique position because I mean they have to document the instructions that they're given, you know, for everybody, and this was a done deal. They were only waiting to wire out his proceeds. I can't imagine how a lender would come back two days later and say, we're sending the deal, send us back the money. I don't care what happened to the house. The risk of law provisions in the contract deal with exactly these kind of things. Of course, Mazeur, this is just standard risk of lost stuff, and the title had already transferred by the time the problem happened in the deal. It's her house, it's her problem. Good luck, her insurance. Her lender would have required her to have insurance in place. I all acclaim, open it up, move on, send me my mind, did she Yeah, yep, that's the one that's trying to rescind the deal and send the money back.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, yeah, you're absolutely Tarzan.
Speaker 20: You're in the winner's seat.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dmitri or Tarzan, you have the phone number for that woman who wrote you this email?
Speaker 5: Title company lady?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's her name? Andy Wendy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get a four year real quick.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want it on air, Dmitri, Would you do me a favor over this break, I'm gonna take it. You have Wendy's number, I want Dmitri to call and ask her off air. I don't even want to try to spooker or anything. I just want to know what hell they're saying. I just want to know, like, how does please actually you handle it however you want. You're damn good at handling, so thank you. The bottom line is they don't they I can't see any reason why they can send the money to anybody but him. Have they already sent it back? Well he doesn't know.
Speaker 12: Okay, So there's there's one There's one thing is where so Liz, the chick name Liz did all this on the front end, and then when it comes to the end end they send it over to Windy. And so then they bring up this addendum thing, this five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you call that?
Speaker 4: They should have caught that during closing. I don't even understand the relevance.
Speaker 18: You know, that's what I thought they'd have it.
Speaker 6: So are they saying that the five hundred was not delivered to the title company completing the payment?
Speaker 5: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 12: That's what they're That's what they suggest in the email.
Speaker 6: Who was holding the five hundred? Who was holding the five hundred? Was it your friend's trust account?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't know. What do you call that fee again?
Speaker 5: Earnest money yeah, earnest money yeah.
Speaker 12: And then I said you don't have to pay that. So then they're like, okay, we need a dedendum. And then they originally claimed that they didn't have it, but then I heard that they got.
Speaker 1: It in time.
Speaker 12: Thus the email saying we've closed on four point thirty on Friday.
Speaker 5: I think you get on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's how the emails. That's how the emails roll. Man. In fact, when they start talking about not receiving the five hundred, that's where they start going.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 4: Also, Monica called me this morning upset about problems she discovered with the heat, et cetera. So I told her to contact the realtor and work it out. We are just the closing company, not a real estate company. Well apparently they're not acting that way now in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: That's the title company.
Speaker 6: Can't decide stuff going on here?
Speaker 4: You understand, to meet what question to ask?
Speaker 12: And then wait one second? And well, I just want to tell you this because I don't know if it comes into play or not.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I wait for him to drop the bomb.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, No, no, no, it's not that big of a deal. But Wendy's like, you know, we didn't receive She starts going down that path and I'm like, well, then why did Liz email me and tell me that we're closing it? We closed on four point thirty on Friday, and we get the funds on Tuesday. And Wendy replies with, yeah, she shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not even a point of that, because what Wendy said was a little different than that she emailed you yesterday saying I wanted to touch base with you and let you know that Monica's lender is stating that they want to rescind the deal. I mean, they're saying they want to rescind it and they want their money back. Well, they can't do.
Speaker 20: That, do that, hey, John?
Speaker 11: Are we totally sured that the closing was actually completed.
Speaker 6: Only by the email saying close is complete, we're gonna wire out your money.
Speaker 5: So I mean, my god, I mean and if she mistakenly.
Speaker 6: Said that, if the guy, I mean, listen, here, there's only a couple parts to a real estate transaction, Okay, the funding of the loan, the signing of the warranty deed.
Speaker 20: And they gave keys though, and that's important, the keys. They gave possession.
Speaker 6: And so I think the critical thing here to keep in mind is with that new loan, you can safely assume that she had to get insurance in place. That it may have just been a binder, but it could have also been bought and paid for prior to closing. A lot of times insurance companies want that insurance to be paid for and in place at the time of closing the risk of lost. Provisions in the contract dictate what's happened, what happens if something goes down before the closing, But as of the moment of closing, that is not this seller's responsibility.
Speaker 4: Guys, this is this is good old boys or good old gals that know each other. Sure, I would almost be assured of it. I mean, it's just an observation. It's not fact by any means. But I think the realtor or this lady nose the closing company. There's some connection, and they're trying to put the screws to this in my opinion. Yeah, all right, hold on, man, we're gonna make that call. Everybody. Hold tight. Hey, by the way, how much money are we talking? I don't remember.
Speaker 12: I think it was one sixty three and a half was the sale price of the house.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on?
Speaker 8: You know it's so funny here though, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 8: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Dimitri's reaching out to Wendy who is at that title company. This one is just so bizarre, so, uh, Tarzan, listen, we're working on this and hopefully we get an update on it. Uh here in a few minutes, now, Cody, you hang on, but Jim Jim's got an interesting one here. Jim actually called this morning and gave us some phone numbers of a scammer. One of the three scammers was James and basically what was he He was the insurance guy. He was going to sell you an insurance policy for one percent of the seven hundred and fifty thousand that you won. In case if there was a problem, was that James.
Speaker 13: Cast company Ejamont went from seven hundred and fifty thousand up to nine hundred and seventy thousand nights because they paid. They paid twenty two thousand dollars to the irs for your name for the money.
Speaker 4: I was going to get, Hey, you know what, they are good people, so so but really Jim, So we got him to come on air. He came on air, and I called him out because he tried to turn the tables and say that you called him trying to scam him. But it was evident what was going on. So did he call back and threaten you tell us the story of when he called back.
Speaker 13: Okay, First, when he called back, he said that he didn't hang up on you, You hung up on him. I was on the phone. I heard it, so Okay. Then he came out with you in a loved way. He said, this is the problem with you talking to this Martino guy is these small town radio stations. I are some guy, put him in a nice suit and give him a haircut, and all of a sudden he's a consumer expert.
Speaker 6: Well, Mark does not have a good hair I knew you were going to say that, and I wore the last matter or a suit was at a funeral.
Speaker 5: Let the record reflect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got me wrong. So that's that. That was crazy or.
Speaker 13: Or worst part was he thought you were young? Well I am you as as old as I am.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I didn't touch that one. So Jim, you're actually you're talking to Mark, not Tom.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, okay, well not a big deal.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty three.
Speaker 13: Back on that. Yeah, the guy's insulting me, telling me I'm an idiot for not spending seventy five dollars to get back. So Jim fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: So Jim, I'm going to tell you a quick story for everybody out there. Colorado Springs, right before COVID, same kind of guy, same kind of hack, same kind of scumbag, calls up somebody in Colorado Springs, calls them up on their house phone and tries to scam them. The guy literally goes off on him. You're a piece of and a dumb you name it. He drops every bomb on him. Okay, the guy spoofed his number and called the Colorado Springs Police Department and did what was called a swatting call. He basically said, help, I'm in the house my husband or my wife or my kid. Someone's trying to kill me. I need help right now. The police thought it was valid. They traced the call because the guy spoofed the number. They went there and almost killed the guy. It was absolutely crazy and you can google the story swatting Colorado Springs. But these guys are bad guys. I mean I have never They're just crazy. They're bad guys. Now, most people I don't think would go that far, but that definitely happened. It was a bad deal.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that update, and yeah, I think Okay, I like my suits. John, you've seen me in a suit? No, I have not, not once? Never, Suzanne, if you suit, yeah a couple times, Mark Don's.
Speaker 5: Funeral when you got married.
Speaker 16: Maybe, oh when we just had that on a st accurate function.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a suit. Well it was close enough.
Speaker 16: That's a suit for you.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, John, it was slacks and a blazer.
Speaker 16: It was nice and a fresh shirt.
Speaker 4: Do you wear a suit when you go to court? You have to wear a suit, Yes, sir, have to, Yes, have to have to. He would have to, so.
Speaker 6: Literally if I don't have to, but I'd rather not get you know, listen, the judge can kick you. The protocol for court is to wear a suit. And you could wear a sport coat and slacks and a tie, but it's still a suit.
Speaker 5: That's the deal. Yeah, in federal court suit.
Speaker 4: How about a woman.
Speaker 6: That's a different deal there. You know, when I graduated law school, there were still rules that did not allow women to wear pants.
Speaker 5: In federal court.
Speaker 4: Okay, kidding for real.
Speaker 6: I think that's been changed, but I'm not even one hundred percent sure about that. Ask your daughter. She's been up there since more recently than I.
Speaker 4: Does she wear slacks when she goes to court? H yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well in state court, no problem at all. Oh, you're talking, no problem. Federal court was a different deal, man. But I know that she was in federal court not long ago because they went down and listened to something and so she would know better. But surely it's been changed. But that was the rule back then, so Hillary Clinton. But right now state court, you can you can dress that down quite a bit, but you're still I mean, like you know, for women, it's just different because nobody really wants to say, is that a suit?
Speaker 5: Is that a slack? Is that at blouse?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But for guys it better be slacks and a tie and a and a coat of some variety.
Speaker 4: So little different, but same thing you years ago, twenty thirty years whatever you did some personal or not personal injury, that's what you do now, some criminal did you evers?
Speaker 5: What case?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Wow?
Speaker 4: Whatever you did some criminal?
Speaker 11: John was good?
Speaker 20: That was John.
Speaker 11: If you wanted to, could you wear the powdered wig like in the movies.
Speaker 4: Get out of Here?
Speaker 5: I don't know that my client would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Did you ever show up though, with somebody that you're defending in court and they come in dressed like a hoodlum? Did you ever have to say, hey, don't go in there like that.
Speaker 6: So I've been practicing since before marijuana was legal. Oh okay, and I distinctly remember one client that showed up for a sentencing hearing wearing like a big marijuana leaf shirt.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And I was like, what in the heck is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And it didn't go, It didn't go as well as we hoped.
Speaker 4: And he kept it on. I mean he had to.
Speaker 6: Absolutely he didn't have any other shirt.
Speaker 16: So Mark, you can't wear your Bucky sweatshirt to court.
Speaker 6: Don't don't wear BUCkies. Just generally, don't leave your property with.
Speaker 5: BUCkies, you know.
Speaker 4: All right, Everybody, hold tight, Cody, you're up.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 9: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 8: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right three O three seven one three eight two five five don't forget Barry Miller with Vester Eira. You guys want to do it. I'm gonna recap real quick what he's going on in this wominar. But I love his program. Here's the bottom line. I don't care if you know what you're doing in real estate or don't. He takes all the leg workout. He knows how to go out. Him his team go out and find pockets of good economies around the country. Then they find a house it's ready to rent out. You buy the house, they find the right people to manage it for you, and you collect rent. You make money right then and there while the house is appreciating. When you want to sell it, you sell your house. That's how it works. It's that simple. And you only pay them the three hundred what is it, very.
Speaker 20: Three sixty a year optional optional.
Speaker 4: And it's even an optional thing. So it's a remarkable deal. But give me a real case scenario, someone that invested. What give me your best case and average case, and give me the worst case. And let's say in the last five years.
Speaker 20: Well, well, we don't have a worst case other than the people have made thirty percent gain three year sent that's the worst. But that's way rare, way rare. And again I was doing two or three today in studio.
Speaker 4: Give me a best, okay.
Speaker 20: Typically all of these came in at forty two and forty six and forty seven percent return in the first twelve months conservatively.
Speaker 4: Cash over cash, cash.
Speaker 20: Over cash conservatively. We also look for positive cash flow. We get that nowadays because of higher interest. Yeah, ninety percent of the time, not one hundredep but until June of last year it was one hundred percent of the time positive cash flow in year one.
Speaker 4: And they can purchase it however they want, meaning if they have cash, they can do it however they want, however they want, if they want to use the bank's money and pay some interest, as long as they're cash flow and they can do it. And you have people that do more than one.
Speaker 20: Ten thirty one exchanges all the time. That's just a big one. That's how people can come in with seventy five thousand today and have over five hundred thousand of new dollars. That's half a million over new dollars in five years or less.
Speaker 4: That's pretty impressive. We do not all any taxes on that, any of those the money they're bringing in.
Speaker 20: We're doing it every day.
Speaker 4: What's the worst. I know you don't do anything in Colorado for more financial reasons or economy reasons or whatever. But is there other places out there like Denver that it's just hard to be a landlord that you would never deal with. I mean, we know people that own a lot of homes in and around Denver, Colorado, and let me tell you, they want out of the business.
Speaker 20: You know, one of them I'm talking to No, Oh, you bet I do it. And they're coming to us because they're saying, hey, we're finished with Colorado.
Speaker 4: But hold on those people that we're talking about. Any landlord out there is like, oh my god, I can't believe I can't cancel my lease now after a year. I can't do this, or I can't raise my rent more than whatever. The bottom line is, you've got a lot of people come to you saying, hey, listen, I want to do a ten thirty one exchange. I want to get out of Denver. Go find me, yeah, out of Colorado and go find me some stuff.
Speaker 20: Yep. I mean, just like that, it's doing all the time. There are only four or five states that are as bad as we are or worse. Okay most of the others California, New York, California.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so folks out there, listen, I know you hear Tom and I talk about these guys all the time literally and buries in like every I don't know, once a month like he is today. But I want you to go to my Biggest return dot com. It's just a webinar. Sit down, start it and learn the program. If it's boring to you and you have no interest, turn it off. But the bottom line is go to my Biggest return dot com and just sign up and they can ask you. It's a pure Q and a right.
Speaker 20: Well not during the forty five minutes. It's compact powerpack, but we stay afterwards. Let everybody know in advance.
Speaker 4: So people ask questions, ask questions after whatever they want.
Speaker 20: Whatever they want about.
Speaker 4: Ten thirty one, how does it work? Who does it?
Speaker 20: Blah blah blah about lousy title title companies. They could ask us.
Speaker 4: Okay, now once again my Biggest return dot com. You want to be a landlord, but I mean literally, not do anything but fund the project. There you go, great track record, good guy. So this uh this Tarzan guys, So Tarzan Title Company, in my opinion, just as just my opinion, did the total wrong thing and basically told them they had to send the money back. I mean, I'm looking at the damn email. None of us in this room can imagine under any circumstances, how after you close a deal to a title company, they hand the other person the key three or four days later they want to get out of it. And this is a title company we're talking about. So, Dimitri, you called up and let me I want to pull up the name of the title company.
Speaker 11: What is Koonsman Title Company up in Nebraska?
Speaker 4: So Koonsman Title Company? You called up, and I assume you talked to Wendy or who'd you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Wendy actually answered the phone and we had a brief conversation about this. And you know, I didn't call to point any fingers at are accuser of any wrongdoing. I just asked her for a comment and present her side of the story or her company side of this.
Speaker 4: And what she said.
Speaker 11: Wendy said that she would love to present her side of the story, but she's on able to do so until mister Tarzan responds to an email that she had sent him. So I asked, well, which email are we talking about? The one where you said that you're or somebody's rescinding the sale, And she said, I can't comment on that right now, but mister Tarzan knows what email that he needs to respond to?
Speaker 4: Tarzan, is there another one or just that one he's referring to.
Speaker 1: It's got to be that one that he That was the last communication we had.
Speaker 12: So, by the way, she didn't ask for a response.
Speaker 11: You see the email, Yeah, somebody read me the email. There was no there was no request for a response. But I assume John and correct me if I'm wrong. But if I were mister Tarzan, wouldn't I say something along the lines of, hey, I do not agree to rescind anything. He also did not say under what's under paragraph twenty seven, you know, pursue to paragraph twenty seven of our contract, you're rescind on this and where's my money it was supposed to be here on Tuesday. To me, that sounds like a sufficient.
Speaker 4: It's not legal advice because this is Nebraska, John, but just in general, and nor is it really your specialty. Although I know you've done a bunch of deals. But the bottom line is, like, how would you reply personally.
Speaker 6: Well, I think if I were responding personally and not giving legal advice, yeah, I would respond that you know this is a done deal. I expect that my money will be wired immediately, and you know to the extent that you don't agree to do that, you should probably put your own any carrier on notice.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know what I would say, Barry.
Speaker 20: I think if I were Tarzan, I would say no response is needed yet, but I would go to an attorney quickly and have my attorney respond on your.
Speaker 6: Time that it's really time that you need an attorney on your side here, because I really think it's a power play. But you're right, I do. I think that I think this title company is in a bad situation. They're in a pickle, and I would hope that money is still sitting in their trust account. But proper guidance from an attorney that you hire could inspire them to do the right thing and tell this lady you need to go take care of your house, but this is a done.
Speaker 4: Deal, Tarzan. What I would do is pretty much a little combo here. I would email them something like this is unacceptable. I do not understand for the life of me, nor do some legal experts I've talked to in Nebraska, and this just makes no sense. I want the money wired to me, or I'm going to have to retain counsel and see how they reply. If they reply anything, but the money's going to be there the next day, you go get an attorney. I mean, at that point you might give them one shot because they're bluffing and they know they're screwed. But they're all good old boys winking at each other. But man, I mean, I don't know what else you would do, dude, And I really want to get Brad O'Brien on tomorrow. I mean, John, how much different I know you don't know the question to this. I mean I could ask Brad O'Brien how different Nebraska is in Colorado and he doesn't know the answer. But in general, my god, once again, a title company is there for exactly this, to rescind a deal or allow either side to rescind a deal three four days later? I have never heard of in my life, unheard of. So Tarzan, what do you think?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I'm just gonna send her an email that says basically what you guys said, I'm just going to say, hey, this is unacceptable. This thing was closed. You said you were going to wire my phones on Tuesday. I was expecting that, and and if that doesn't happen immediately within the next forty eight hours, I'll contact lawyer or I'll contact legal advice.
Speaker 4: I probably, honestly, if you if you don't get a reply by noon Friday, meaning tomorrow, I'd start calling attorneys. Bro John, do you have like in his area? Do you have don't you guys have I don't want to say like the Yellow Pages, but attorneys you would suggest for him in other states.
Speaker 5: We all just know each other.
Speaker 6: Oh, shut it, no, I mean I'm sure there Brad may know somebody. I mean, he's probably organizations that have more of a national you know, membership and stuff.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 6: The people that I run with are all person kind of people and stuff.
Speaker 4: So it's so Tarzan listens, I want I want Suzanne to get you on at ten am tomorrow, and we're as soon as we can get Brad O'Brien. So are we good? Hold on, make sure we got the information. It's absolutely crazy. I gotta take a break, guys, Cody, hold on, I'm sorry, Cody, you've been holding so dang long. It's my bad.