Speaker 1: He Welcome to Buns and Banter, a podcast by work Busties for work Busties. Hey, I'm Lauren and I'm Ali. We're both morning show hosts for iHeartMedia. We're both millennials, and we're both trying to figure out how to build the lives we dream about, dating, marriage, career, career, and being a mom. How to get through a week without crying. Welcome to Buns and Banter.
Speaker 2: We're glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Swatching TikTok videos while we get set up, because that's my only escape from reality anymore.
Speaker 2: Scrolling?
Speaker 1: Is it still doom scrolling? If I find funny, like if I watch dog videos or cute glimmers or like pandas being friends, mostly animal stuff, Yeah, I think it is still doom scroll.
Speaker 2: I think it is. And I just saw an article the other day that was talking like how to help your kids when they doom scroll, and I'm like, gosh, what do they have to be doomed about?
Speaker 1: Oh? I can only imagine. Well it it goes to one of the TikTok videos I watch where it's like the sound of a dog sighing, and it's like, oh, when you're freeloading, no rent, paying whenever you want. Dependent is just so stressed with their day.
Speaker 2: I know it's so I would like to apologize to my parents, but also I don't really want to because when you're fifteen and you think that like the biggest worry in the world is like the whole grade found out who you kissed on Friday night, and you go to your parents and you're like, this is a crisis, and they're like, we don't know how we're going to pay the mortgage. That's a crisis. What you are going through is so insignificant, but it just it's your whole world when you're fifteen.
Speaker 1: What we're starting saucy to begin with, your really have had some a few We've had a week. I feel like a week of scientific rage because they don't I think it's entirely our fault. I don't know us, not us, not us, but.
Speaker 2: Hormonally, what we always say, not you, not me, not us.
Speaker 1: You You posted something back on Monday and you said it resonated with so many women because this has been a very odd week.
Speaker 2: Is it hormones or seasonal effective disorder? So many of you we will never know, We will never know you want to know why to your point, because they won't do the research on it.
Speaker 1: Because I damned you immediately, and I was like, I screamed at least six times in the studio, far more than that. If we're looking at the entire week as a whole, that was just like Monday and Tuesday. I just it felt like a mix of heavy angry, annoyed that I was feeling so many of these things with things I shouldn't care that much about or have put that much emphasis on in my life. But it doesn't feel like you can separate those all the time. And we were talking about this and I exactly what we said. I go, well, how the fuck would we ever know? We never there is such a lack of research in women's health. And so I came, that's prepared today. Hell yeah, I did an animal Hell yeah, keep piping me girl. So and this was just a quick five minute brows. A significant gap exists in women's health research, with only a small percentage of global research funding. So we're talking to our sisters across the world allocated to women's health issues. They say, honestly, from a scientific and doctoral perspective, we need more dedicated studies on female health. Oh, like heart disease.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, are aren't we the majority breast cancer? Ohming you say that?
Speaker 1: Yes? Also true osteoporosis. A global study phoned one in three women reported experiencing significant physical pain every single day. Because I know he's gonna watch this every single day, my boyfriend, Jimmy, Jimmy osteoporosis. What were we just talking about? So nervous about it? He fat?
Speaker 2: I like we were looking at because I did like this health and wellness thing a few years ago where they like measured your like bone mass density and you're like body fat percentage and like all this stuff, right, And he was looking at this, I don't know whatever, this like piece of paper with all my stats on it, and he was like, I'm really concerned about your bone mass density, Like it's on the lower end for healthy for someone your age, And I.
Speaker 1: Have you not learned anything about us?
Speaker 2: It's like, that's literally everyone that is a woman in my family has osteoporosis. Did I not share that? Forgot? That didn't come up on the in the past year and a half. But yeah, yeah, no, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So that's funny that you were like, research for osteo.
Speaker 1: Process only five percent of research in the world, and development funding only five percent dedicated to women's self five percent?
Speaker 2: And is it's so bad of me to think that I would like and prefer this research that we so greatly need. Obviously I would like it to be done by a woman.
Speaker 1: Oh, ma'am. We can't ask for too much too soon.
Speaker 2: You know, you just feel like maybe there would be some questions that other people don't think of.
Speaker 1: Oh, and can you imagine how much further we have to go? Right, Like we're talking women, and then you maybe start to get funding for women, Well, how about minority women? How about different racial profiles and things like oh, baby steps, I guess, but we were talking about this and the reason we got started on our I think we could research it even without any kind of medical background. I think we'd be really good at it, just by man on the streeting it, woman on the streeting we should start doing that, asking how people are doing. Because I came to you so excited the other day speaking of the down there about underwear, and that's how we got started talking about all of our lady bits and how we're feeling because I'm going to say right now on this pod, and I don't care. I bought the most fantastic pair of Granny panties and I have two, thank you, two packs of them now in all different colors, and I think they make my butt look higher. They get lots of coverage, and I've officially entered that part of my life. Do they leave a vpl Yes? Absolutely, And I don't wear them with liggings, but you probably can. You probably can tell in jeans, and I don't care. I don't care anymore. They're so comfy. My friend Si jested them to me only because she got do hey, keep girl, what are they? I'm wearing them right now. They're so comfy they are. I'll give you the brand. She suggested them to me only because, and I don't mean to laugh at this part. She just got done having major abdominal surgery and she was like, it holds everything and while I'm healing, and I was like, how I'm gonna wear those in real life?
Speaker 2: I wasted? Are they I am? Actually I'm listening.
Speaker 1: I'm bad. They're like they to me, but I have along tour so fall right below the belly button. So to me, it covers like the foop up part of life.
Speaker 2: No, that's not high enough. Not hot, really, that's not high enough if it I honestly, I really think my grandma had it figured out when she finks she found the girdle. She found the girdle. She puts it on every day. It's a bron panty in one and.
Speaker 1: That's just time saving.
Speaker 2: You just are snatched all the time. Is it a bit when you have to go potty? It is? We know this.
Speaker 1: Coast Keffe women's high waisted cos k e f y. Huh, well look like you look. I'm gonna show you the picture and look at how comfy that woman looks were those look thick? They are? They're thick. They're like a a seizure wear. Okay, But then I get nervous because another part of women's health that hasn't really been studied is how much you should air out your downstairs. Yeah, so like maybe I shouldn't be wearing these.
Speaker 2: Like we're going there today?
Speaker 1: We are? I knew it, I felt it.
Speaker 2: Do you wear underwear when you sleep?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Do you have? This is something I had to overcome though, because when I first started not wearing undies and panties to bed, I had really terrible nightmares that like I showed up to the office naked, or my house caught on fire and my couha was on the news. Like multiple nights of nightmares that I had to start wearing them again to like better my self health.
Speaker 2: We're incredible, aren't we. Our brains, our bodies, We're so in tune. They should study up.
Speaker 1: Or we're so in tune. Here's your baby steps, start with our womanly help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have to wear underwear to bed, but I don't really love a granny panty. I've I thought maybe that would change when I got older, but I have been wearing a thong panty since I was a freshman in high school.
Speaker 1: But not so bad. Yeah really, yes, Oh that sounds uncomfy.
Speaker 2: I don't even notice it anymore. My buck crack cat probably as callouses, and I'm just so used to it now.
Speaker 1: But we never know, because find me the research on a lady's butt crack callous.
Speaker 2: You won't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't find it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: You have better luck on OnlyFans, honestly, but seriously, it's so interesting though. This is why they can't take TikTok away from us, because we have there's too much information being shared on TikTok. I've learned more about my body from TikTok from people. This is why we're dangerous when we talk to each other. That's why they try to keep us isolated. That's how they do it. That's how they do it in the cults. They're like the first thing to go any contact with your friends and family, any contact with the outside world. From now on, it's just the information we give you.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see that scene from Anchorman where it's like, we can't have more than one woman in the newsroom, there'll be bears. Bears can smell the like that is that's how it feels in the woman's health world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is exactly how it feels.
Speaker 1: And just trying to figure out can I wear these comfy panies all the time or do is there some pH balance we've got to discuss, you know, Yeah, I think that's a fair question and one not being studied. But let me tell you, but there's about seven thousand pieces of article on viagra. I'm going hard today.
Speaker 2: This might read a PG heart attack medication. How come they never I'm sure it is, but I was just saying, like, how come they're never trying to like develop a heart attack medication that turns in to be something that's really useful for us.
Speaker 1: You know, heart attack medication that also clears your skin and weirdly enough a couple inches around your waistline, right, that sound effect. If you gave me that sound effect with those health benefits, take all my money, Like, we're profitable. I feel like they don't think women are profitable.
Speaker 2: Maybe they do, though they know that we're profitable. That's why the pink tech tax exists. Oh yes, when you're giving us the same shit. For instance, monoxido rogain, Okay, it's probably how we know it. Yes, it's to regrow hair, right, Women's rogain is more expensive and it's less concentration of the product in there. Really, that's why it doesn't work. There are dermatologists all over TikTok that I'm seeing that are like, hey, if you are going to get monoxidial because it like you can regrow your eyebrows with it if your hair is thinning like monox but it is very toxic to your pets. I will say, so you have to be very careful if you are using it. The disclaimer you're putting it. You can't let them lick your hands. I digress, but I always trying to keep our fur babe safe.
Speaker 1: That is they're incredible.
Speaker 2: They're warning women that when you go, just buy the men's rogain. Just buy the men's rogain and use it on your eyebrows, use it on your head, use it wherever you want to grow hair, because it is a higher concentration and it is cheaper. And why is the women's rogain less concentrated. There's no good effing reason. Why is it more expensive because of the pink tax? Because women, they know, are just waiting to spend our money. Shit, that is the exact same women's razors that are the exact same as the men's razors or less quality, but they're pink.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but they're pink.
Speaker 2: We want a pink one instead of a blue one. Hell yes, I want a pink one instead of a blue one.
Speaker 1: Don't penalize me for that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not paying more for it. One of the dye costs more, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And you know, like we recognize that we have a very high number of male listeners to our podcast, which we love. But you should care about this too. There is no doubt that there is at least some woman in your life you care very much about. However that might look.
Speaker 2: Like, there's so many benefits with us some healthcare here that is looked at. Yes, And there are so many benefits when women are successful. There are so many benefits when women have their own money. There are so many benefits when women have wealth, like it's better for and I'm you know, do your own research and look at these numbers on your own.
Speaker 1: But and we're gonna spend it on you too. I love giving things.
Speaker 2: And you're probably gonna look better.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my gosh. Okay, so if I may get petty for a hot moment. This is a complete one eighty, but this is what happens sometimes in our episodes. Speaking of looking better, boldest move I've ever seen from my husband. Oh he cut his own bangs. Oh oh, speaking of women wealth leading to you looking better. I came home from the shows the other day and he's looking at me. Men have this look where it's like twenty seven percent shady the rest like, are you gonna ask about why I look shady? Does Jimmy have that look? No, because he's a wonderful man that would never do anything weird. Chris has that look. And I came home and he was standing in the kitchen and I saw it, and I go, what's up? And he said, do you notice anything? I said, first of all, what the fuck did you buy? We are move? Do you notice that?
Speaker 2: We get our hair cut and we come back and we go do you notice anything? And they're like no, You're like you better for notice it's the same shade of brown and it's one inch shorter. How do you not notice?
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Him and I was like, did you.
Speaker 1: Take a shower recently?
Speaker 2: Wherever?
Speaker 1: He goes? No, I cut my own banks and I went, oh god, and I have a very hit my husband's very curly hair he has. He had like an afro through college.
Speaker 2: What a renaissance man.
Speaker 1: No, you would have been such a you would have been a much lovelier person to say this too. I couldn't really notice it because it's so curly, right, But he goes, see, my my emo swoop is gone. But then he took a comb and like combed it down and it looks like my three year old got to him with safety scissors. I was like, Christopher, that is not the move, my guy, Just like I couldn't get into my barber until like no, and it was getting shaggy. I was like, I know, but like I would rather see you in a butterfly clip. Oh my god, I'm cute, right, isid? I could do like a little twisty just like I do on fee but or it looks or.
Speaker 2: Do you watch Ted Lasso?
Speaker 1: Yes, the Jamie Chart headband, the Jamie Tart headband. That's hot. Ooh well, no need to now because he's cut his own banks.
Speaker 2: Okay, we love a man who takes chart.
Speaker 1: So he has taken charge. And guess whose money we'll be going to that barber when he's got to get it fixed next week.
Speaker 2: Did he watch a tutorial at all?
Speaker 1: No? God, no, no, all the youtubing he does, the last thing he would look at is how to properly cut banks. He literally just went into my mother in law comes and watch our kids a couple days a week, so she has a sewing kit at our house. He went into a sewing kit, grabbed like the little scissors and just started hacking. It's like you are so lucky, it's to expect to get divorced. Just kidding.
Speaker 2: I love him, but it's pretty bad. Would he let you cut his hair a bang trim?
Speaker 1: I cut his hair once in Covid. Oh yeah, but it was terrible. But we didn't really have the necessary like we went to his His hair's curly.
Speaker 2: Really, that's a different animal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we were actually at his child like at his childhood home, and he had an inground pool, so I just like kept dunking his head in the pool so his hair would stick wet and just go into town. Yes, it wasn't good, so I wouldn't cut it again.
Speaker 2: I would love. I'm trying to convince Jimmy because I got him on the mustache you did. He's keeping the mustache.
Speaker 1: I think it looks very dubbin in the air.
Speaker 2: It looks so good, ver good, Like some people just have a face where a mustache can work. And he looks so good, it looks so hot. But I'm now my next I'm trying to like have him grow out his hair a little bit because it's like his hair is also very very curly. Oh, I love it, and I am just like so jealous. And when it gets kind of longer, Jimmy gets his haircut religiously every two weeks. Oh wow, every two weeks.
Speaker 1: So it is like it's it's what it is all the time because he's so ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah and he I mean it's it's not like anything like crazy. It's just like a fade on the side and then like a hard part and then just you know, he keeps it pretty clean cut.
Speaker 1: He's a man in finance.
Speaker 2: He's a man in finance. But I'm like, I think we grow at the top a little bit. See what the curls do. And he's had like long hair, but it's like the type of long hair that all boys in college have, where like there's no real style to it. It's just like it's all the same length.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like kind of a curly it's.
Speaker 1: Like a chia pet. Yes, yes, all uniform, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And I think we could get some cool like not like curly curly on the top, not super long on the top, but enough so that it's like kind of wavy.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that, like a little bit of flow.
Speaker 1: I see, here you go. We're talking baby steps in women's health. Go ahead and somebody researched the effect of curly haired men on ladies. Ooh a good wavy one, Pedro Pascal. Yes, oh yes, suddenly I need to change my Granny Undie panties from Amazon.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you this story because speaking of Jimmy, this was so sweet. And you know, you know, the way to my heart is by sending me songs.
Speaker 1: That's very yeah, that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: And he will quite often do that, and like, I always love them because I just like I create my own little fairytale narrative when he sends me these songs and I'm like, this is so awes. I like that, just let me have it. And so he sends me and like, especially like classic rock m.
Speaker 1: Just does something to me. Girl, we are the same.
Speaker 2: It just does something to me. So he sends me this song a couple of weeks ago and he's like, I love this song. It reminds me of us. Whenever I get a song from him, I just know this is like this is going on the You and Me playlist. Oh Dire Straits, Oh Romeo and Julia.
Speaker 1: Jimmy so are the one good.
Speaker 2: Panty dropper, you know what I mean? Yes, I do so amazing so good. Heart explodes, mind explodes. I'm in bliss.
Speaker 1: Rush of serotonin and dopamine good for heart health.
Speaker 2: Come on, someone study that. That's what baby, That would cure all of our We just need we each need someone to send us songs every day.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This past weekend, two weekends ago, we turn on one of his favorite movies, It Tanya of It, one of his papes, one of his papes. Are you familiar? I am absolutely with Tanya's relationship with her on again, off again husband boyfriend fiance. Oh I was, oh, oh yeah, a little bit of a It was not ideal. Yeah, there were some domestic problems. Guess what song is in that movie?
Speaker 1: I know you're not gonna say. Higher.
Speaker 3: Stray and I were watching this movie together and I just look over at him as soon as it starts playing, because it's like this mockery of their relationship, like they're in love but it's a violent relationship.
Speaker 4: And I just look over at him and he just goes, what I'm I still love it, but like, is this where you heard it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the moment.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, you're watching Tanya Harding get the absolute life taken from her by a romantic partner, and you're like, this is such a great song, this track to this storyline so good kills me, absolutely killed me.
Speaker 1: I love love, I love love love. I love Why we should be studied more because I think women would have some very interesting input into health