Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one though one you trust and by Colly, We've we're gonna we're gonna talk about something here that involves my two favorite food groups, and that would be cookies and beer. And we have with this Pam Crawford with the Girl Scouts, also Christine Boyd and she's with us and welcome, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, thank you.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, we have a lot of fun up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she drove up from Tulsa to join us this morning and we're trying to fill her in on everything that she could do if she came to Bartlesville more often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well I'm willing.
Speaker 4: It's a fun tap.
Speaker 2: I love the party and you guys see.
Speaker 1: Well this is going to be something else. It's called Cookies on Tap and it's coming up on September. Tell us a little bit about it, Yeah, Cookies on Tap.
Speaker 3: For those of those of you out there in radio land and Facebook land that are familiar with the Girl Scouts and what we've been doing over the years, we've had an event we called Pearls on the Prairie for several years we were on at timber Oaks were but we moved into Cooper and Mill. Last year kept the name, but it was kind of the cookie beer peering thing. Well this year we're evolving to a new name that fits better with the location, and that's Cookies on Tap and that'll be from four thirty to eight next Wednesday afternoon, September eighteenth. And I found in our notes and Christy can help verify for me. But we're going to have thin mints, Dosy does, some Moors and Limon ups. But we're waiting for Chris Tate, the owner of Cooper and Mill, to tell us what the beer is. So that's a surprise.
Speaker 1: I know one thing, it's going to be cold.
Speaker 3: No limon ups, okay, okay, But we'll have thin mints Dozy does and some mors.
Speaker 2: And Samoah's smoas okay.
Speaker 1: And so you know there's some I can take two and I can feel my hair grows.
Speaker 4: I bet you can't.
Speaker 3: We brought you some cookies time we've got let's see what those areas. And no, we're not advertising for cookie season yet, that's not.
Speaker 2: We're just giving you a little taste so you can be prepared. For February when the girls are sick.
Speaker 3: The girls here, okay, they're not here, pick them up. Make sure we can see them on the TV system, camera system.
Speaker 4: Okay, So anyway, these are for you.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure that everybody out there, wait a minute, you better share those kids.
Speaker 4: We'll put them up for.
Speaker 1: You and there you go. Well, you know what, this is gonna be great. All kinds of cool things are gonna be taking place during this including a big raffle.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got ten raffle prizes. You don't have to be present to win. We'll just need your name and phone number so we can track you down. They're going to be twenty five dollars each for a ticket or five for one hundred. We've got a Bartlesville Broadway package courtesy of the center here in Bartlesville. Yeah, we have somebody who knows how to get a hold of the people at the Courier shop where Buck Adam is, you know, the big tall statues in Stella. Okay, so we have a Root sixty six, which is really timely given the one hundredth anniversary of Root sixty six is coming up in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: An Osage casino.
Speaker 3: A wine enthusiast, Cooper and Mills helped us with a basket.
Speaker 4: We have a thing called a Let's Roam Scavenger Hunt.
Speaker 3: That that sounds really cool, where you can go on a scavenger hunting a town of your choice. We're pairing it with a gift card from McNelly, so we're hoping you'll do it in Tulsa and then go support mcnelly's group restaurants. And then we've got a lady's basket, a gentleman's.
Speaker 4: Basket full of good stuff.
Speaker 3: And we just found out for sure yesterday that Spirits Travel is going to give us a night basically a Tulsa date night package. Hotel Room took us to the Signature Symphony down to Tulsa, and then last but not least, were also going to have a garden package courtesy of Green Thumb and some other folks around the area.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful. This is going to be spectacular. So now, these Raffle tickets are twenty five dollars each or five for one hundred and worth every penny. I think so, I think it, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the value on all of these is more than the twenty five dollars so and we're just we're just so fortunate. A lot of the businesses in town are willing to give us things to add to it, and we're glad.
Speaker 4: To be able to support the local businesses too.
Speaker 1: Now, Christine, this is going to be so much fun. I just hope that you're going to spend a couple of days up here.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I have to prepare, but I afterwards, I probably do need to spend a couple of days just to recover.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be a last it's really going to be about and you know what, one of my favorite bands here in town, Inntinette and the Evolution, will be played. Right.
Speaker 3: She's going to become a staple at our event, and we yeah, she's been joining us since we were od at Timbrooks through four years ago, playing and so we're excited to have her and her band there with us too.
Speaker 1: I opened for her at Sunfast and I couldn't walk away from the stadium. What goodness? Six great Yeah, yeah, And and they're just really you know, I decided, well maybe my guitar should be kindling went after that. But you know, they're just so good performers. And they're good with the crowd too.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they're local. Again.
Speaker 3: We like to stay local where we can where we can stay local, and uh, you know, and that brings us into We have such great sponsors here in the community too, you know, people like our best, the Lions Club, Chevron, Phillips, Diversified Systems, Gorman Management, Phillips sixty six, Remax State Farm.
Speaker 4: We love Jim Moore.
Speaker 3: He is so fabulous. He's been supporting us for several years. If I remember right, He's got a daughter in one of our troops here in town and or has been some funeral home. And then, last but not least, the Bortlesville Regional United Way. We are a United Way partner and they are critical to how we run our business in this area.
Speaker 1: You know, they're out playing golf.
Speaker 3: I know they're in my backyard and there have been so much fun.
Speaker 4: They have had a crowd over there.
Speaker 1: But I hope they get rested up so they can come out and enjoy this event, which should be Cookies on Tap on September eighteenth.
Speaker 4: I hope, so hope so they will.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Our original date was to have it this week, and when I heard when the golf tournament was I immediately frantically got ahold of the office of the Girls Kinds and we got to move it.
Speaker 4: No way, no way.
Speaker 3: So hopefully, yes, hopefully the United Way staff will be rested up and can come try cookies and beer with us next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, this is wonderful, This is wonderful, and once again raffle tickets twenty five dollars each, five for one hundred. Do you have an admission just to get in or is it we're going to do what? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's there's a ticket. There's a ticket cost too. Yeah, that's what I was going to say. No admission to get in, but you do purchase the tickets. But I guess that's the ticket costs.
Speaker 4: That's the ticket cost.
Speaker 2: Take the cost to get in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they can get tickets if they'll go to the Girl Scout website.
Speaker 2: Yes, the tickets are individual tickets are fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, that's good.
Speaker 2: And then there's sponsor sponsorship levels. But to get in is fifty dollars. I was thinking something totally different, but so, yeah, there is a ticket cost of fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: I can be confusing it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, I'm not sure how much caffeine I've had yet this morning, not had any, so that my leag.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Yeah, this could be dangerous. But anyway, this will be a blast. And I want everybody. What's the website to go to so we can get to it.
Speaker 2: Go to gas g s e o k dot org and you can, I think it's events. You can look at the events.
Speaker 1: What your website is pretty easy to navigate.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, very easy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it'll it'll pop up right there, and then you can get your tickets and then you can come to the event, get your raffle tickets, get your full of cookies and pairing.
Speaker 4: Well, but there will be other food too, of course.
Speaker 3: We we will have We're having kind of a monster tracouterie board and a couple of our long time adult girl scouts are going to build that for us.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're going to have fun. So you walk away hungry at your own fault.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're right. There is no reason to walk away hungry that night.
Speaker 3: But this is gonna be fun, and we are really thrilled that that that Becky and Dana are willing to do this for us.
Speaker 1: This is going to be great. Cooper Mill will be the scene of the spectacular. I'm liking this.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna come over?
Speaker 1: I probably will?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's on a Tuesday Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, next Wednesday. Normally I'm in bedded five thirty six o'clock because they get here, I wake up at two. But I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Take wake up at two.
Speaker 4: He keeps it in the middle of the night to work the radio.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to take a nap.
Speaker 2: A good idea.
Speaker 1: I'm coming hungry.
Speaker 2: I'm hungry. And why don't you come early? Since you go to bed so early, you need to come at the beginning.
Speaker 3: If you get a raffle ticket, just leave us a phone number, but we won't call you till the next day because you would have gone and go.
Speaker 2: To five am the next morning when you're.
Speaker 4: Ready to rold. Don't make any promises. I'm up at five am the next morning.
Speaker 2: But just to clarify, I want to give the correct email address.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Website address so is g s e ok dot org. Slash fundraisers slash that will take you straight to it to the event.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I want you for coming in today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we're glad to be here to support girls.
Speaker 1: And you know what, also, great job on lighting up your sponsors too, because yeah, they know the value.
Speaker 2: We have had a great committee. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's important to support girls and you know, girls Scotts have been in Bartlesville since nineteen fourteen and it's important to continue to support the girls and camp Pushashi because that's what we're trying to raise the funds for. It isn't like we just want to have a fundraiser, although a good party is always fun, but you know, it's it's to support the girls and going forward in their lives.
Speaker 1: A little bit about the camp. You guys got some cool things out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Actually the fundraiser was to help provide the facility for an observatory.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and of course.
Speaker 3: The camp is available for other site organizations to durant camp Osha, she is.
Speaker 1: This observatory something else. I mean, you know, you think about Bartinswiak's got a lot of cool things. But now all of a sudden, boom, you've got an.
Speaker 3: Observatory, right, and you know I have not been out to see it. I keep thinking, no, I need to find the time to get out to the camp and see that. So it's but it's a great ad to the camp.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, Galileo. I do, I do, I do so alrighty once again it is going to be cookies on tap. That'll be a Cooper and Mill September eighteenth, where the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma gets underway at four point thirty. Get there early music gets rolled around at four forty five with an Jeanette and the Evolution the Raffle Drawing starts at seven point fifteen. Make sure you get your tickets, get a lot of them, and enjoy the great food provided by the adult Girl Scouts. Folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connect