Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Knee FM.
Speaker 3: Got way us through Free Andy Connell keeping sad thing.
Speaker 4: Welcome well them. It's a Tuesday edition of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell, and we shall barrow through I with the help of Anthety Rodriguez. You can call him a rod what Mandy Laura. Soon we are waiting a few moments from now, we should have the vote to release the Jeffrey Epstein files. And at this stage in the game, just get it over with, Just get it over with. It's time. I am going to be very cynical. I believe that a lot of the most damning documentation for high level and powerful people has probably already been lost accidentally, I'm sure, and certainly not at the best of you know, higher UPSID in the last many many years that all of this data and information has been held by law enforcement. But there will be a vote, and I think most Republicans are now going to vote for it because Trump has come out and said, you know what, release them, just do it. It's fine. So this drama hopefully will be coming to somewhat of a close, and it will be turned over to a bunch of journalists who will pour over every single detail and then they will find the most salacious parts that hurt whatever they view the opposition to be. They will then write stories about it. People on the right will only see the bad stories about people on the left, people on the left will only see the bad stories about people on the right, and everyone will drop back to their corners on point fingers, and then nothing will change. Or that's how cynical I am about this. So I've got good news, though really good news. I'm super excited. Tomorrow is the day. It is the KOA holiday food drive to benefit our friends at Food Bank of the Rockies. This year, our food banks are under tremendous stress, as many households are under tremendous stress, and they probably blew through a lot of food they didn't think they were going to blow through when snap benefits were not sent out, and now I'm guessing they're operating from a negative position. We'll hopefully be able to talk to someone from Food Bank of the Rockies tomorrow at the corner of Colorado and Yale, Yes right in front of the King swoopers. And this is one of my favorite things every year because I love meeting you guys. I see familiar faces now every year, people who stop by every single year. You can drop off some groceries, you can drop off a turkey, yep, and or you can make a donation because food banks can stretch your dollar a lot further than you can when it comes to.
Speaker 5: You know, buying in bulk and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: But if you can. I love donating food. I love donating food. Do you do this when you go to the grocery store, Anthony? Do you when you're walking in and the people are who are collecting for the food bank and they have the little cards? Do you ever get the little cards and go in and buy some extra stuff. I always love doing that.
Speaker 6: No, I don't seem where I go.
Speaker 4: You don't see them where you go. We have them all in Douglas County. There's one like a lot of saturdays, especially around the holidays, and I try to go buy some of the things that I think are a little on the pricey side that maybe other people can't afford to buy and donate. So I try to find the you know, the little slightly high dollar items and then I buy. I just like it. I like thinking that I'm gonna help somebody have a good Thanksgiving this.
Speaker 6: How much is your average turkey?
Speaker 5: I have not looked at turkeys.
Speaker 6: I think we'll go buy a few tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I usually buy. I usually spend, you know, fifty bucks and buy whatever fifty bucks worth of turkeys can get me and donate. And Mandy, did you give up trying to cross talk with Brownie? Well, it seems that mister brown does not value our time together and chooses to keep his time for himself.
Speaker 6: To be fair. And that's find to be fair.
Speaker 7: Yes, he could be just valuing your time because he gets you out on time and gets us into our show on time.
Speaker 6: I understand.
Speaker 4: I understand that. So that's you know, our time is supposed to be the last four minutes of his show. That's supposed to work.
Speaker 6: You do go in there and you smile.
Speaker 4: I smile quietly. Don't interrupt, Mike ready, it's not nice. I'm I'm now, I'm good. But you know what is it the old Bonnie Rate song. You can't make them love you. If they don't, you can't make their never mind.
Speaker 6: H Brownie, you can make them do things. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Mandy, your buddy Massey is pushing for the release along with Bobert. Interesting guys, I find it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I did hear Brownie say something at the end of his show that I reject categorically, and that is that Thomas Massey is doing this for political purposes. Thomas Massey, first of all, in addition to being one of the most interesting guys you'll ever meet, if he lost his election, he would go back to his house in Kentucky and he would continue inventing things and getting patents on stuff. Because even while he's been in Congress, he invents stuff all the time. He already has like thirty patents for important stuff. Like He's such an egghead. He is such a brilliant guy overall. He is not the kind of guy who eats, lives and breathes and dies for politics. He eats, lives and breaths for his principles that he tried to bring to DC. Only d hates people with principles. I said it yesterday, I will say it again, and he knows as well as I do that there are people that are being protected by not releasing the Epstein documents. And here's the thing, you guys, if people have been investigated and they have been exonerated, then the FBI can have that list ready to go. Hey, just so you know, we investigated these people extensively and found absolutely nothing that would be remotely suspicious. I mean, I'm just tired of like, oh, we can't just it's frustrating. It's always important people that we have to protect. It's never you or me or a rod right, We're never worthy of protection. It's just really well connected people that we have to be super concerned about accidentally being accused of something they didn't do, which would be awful, don't get me wrong. People at that level also have the ability to clearly and convincingly say here's what happened, here's what we did. Know they're there, and if there is there there, then they should get everything they deserve. By the way, I haven't even done the blog yet, but on the blog today, I have a fantastic story about one of those powerful people who is getting his come upance because of the Jeffrey Epstein emails that were released, Larry Summers. Larry Summers has bounced between Harvard and government high high level government for so many years now, rolling in very rarefied air and in high level circles is economic predictions have not been horrible, but certainly, I mean he's not Robert Reich, for God's sake.
Speaker 5: I mean they weren't horrible.
Speaker 4: But Larry Summers has now been outed as a disgusting creep. Why because even after Jeffrey Epstein was convicted of you child sex trafficking or accepted a plea for something much less, but everybody knew Larry Summer was still asking him for dating advice for how he could cheat on his wife. Now he and his wife may have some kind of arrangement. I don't know, but it's just gross. At one point, he calls Jeffrey Epstein is wingman gross gross. So I'm perfectly fine with these people getting out it. I'm perfectly fine with that anyway. Mandy, you don't like Michael Brown. I never said any like Michael Brown. I said Michael doesn't value our time together. That's totally different than me saying I don't like Michael Brown. Geez, you people, Mandy, on sale turkeys are a buck a pound. Well, we may have to play full price tomorrow, yep yep, Mandy. Will there be turkey bowling? No, there will not. I promise it.
Speaker 7: Every year.
Speaker 4: It never goes as well as I want it to.
Speaker 6: We've tried it once.
Speaker 4: I know, we've done it twice. Yeah, before you got here, we did it too. Is that a turkey?
Speaker 3: I hear?
Speaker 4: Gobbling ass? This text? Is that Kamala Harris? I I that's not nice. That's not nice, Mandy. I eats and lives to go against Trump. So I see why you're side two peas? What so I see why you're on his side two peas? I don't. I don't get it, Mandy. A lot of people do. Maybe, but who's two piece? Me and Trump?
Speaker 6: There you go?
Speaker 4: Oh please, let's do the blog and disabuse this poor deluded listener of that notion. Find the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says eleven eighteen twenty five blog welp, the Internet is broken today. Click on that, and here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 7: Hips and.
Speaker 4: Today on the blog the Internet is broken. This morning we are collecting food tomorrow at King Soopers. I've got three cabins left on the next Mandy Coddle adventure. Drug company are dropping prices on weight loss drugs. Have Colorado ski resorts priced residents out of the market? How to make Thanksgiving more affordable this year? Will you spend a grand on Thanksgiving? Will we tie for third on our earliest snowfall? What's in your balance? The AI jubilation meets AI dread. Our war on pollution warm the oceans? We are all, We all aren't feeling optimistic. Washington State is unimpressed by our wolf free introduction, the un approved Trump's kazap plan. Larry Summers is over. When did Denver become a liberal blank hole? Washington State's first electric ferry is an abject failure. No hormonal birth control isn't dangerous. Dia is finally making a better cell phone lot. Bill Maher's school's leftist patent Oswald. No popping your knuckles doesn't cause arthritis. Stoicism as an inside joke, A Rod's rabbit hole from yesterday. Nicki minaj is maga. It's time from o nis to get a nickname. It's still cheaper than a dui and epsi. These victims speak out. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com tic tech Toe. Oh, come on, Nancy, that wasn't a turkey, that was a winner, the winner. There's a lot of headlines in there. So the internet was broken today. Did you have any problems?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I heard about this.
Speaker 4: Er only because I would see a story that I wanted to talk about, and then I would click on the story, and then for whatever reason, I could not get to.
Speaker 5: The story because of a cloud flare situation.
Speaker 4: Now reminding you again, let's help those in need tomorrow our holiday food drive that if it's Food Bank of the Rockies, we will be on site all day long, nine A to nine p. King Soopers at Colorado and Eale donate turkey's food or cash through a QR code presented by Redbird Farms Colorado, Buick, GMC Dealers and Kay Dare I offer?
Speaker 6: Dare I offer.
Speaker 7: The first two or three people or so, we'll be around a certain two forty five time tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh, if you want to roll up and play tournament day this time for nothing is cool for to come see no good prize, just to hang out for a second. Anyway, just saying, Mandy, will you be distributing turkeys via helicopter. No, but for the love of God, I thought the turkeys could fly.
Speaker 5: You've seen the WKRP, right, what huh what?
Speaker 4: Wait? Stop stop the pressus Anthony. Okay. WKRP in Cincinnati's Thanksgiving episode is one of the greatest holiday episodes of any show of all time, clearly, And it's about radio and it has one of the greatest scenes. And I can't spoil it. I cannot spoil it for you. Hey, Rod, don't look at it anything. Go watch the full episode when you have a chance already looking. No, don't just look at that part. You're gonna lose the whole joy of it. It's so perfect, perfect, one of the greatest holiday episodes of any show of all time.
Speaker 5: Ever, ever, ever, ever.
Speaker 4: I can't even think of another holiday episode of a show that was as good as that one ever in the history of showy holiday or Thanksgiving, any holiday. What are some of the greatest singles? Stand?
Speaker 7: I mean, you got this Star Wars Special, the Terrible Star Wars.
Speaker 4: No, No, that No, that was not good and it's good now because it's so bad. Can't believe someone made it with a straight face.
Speaker 7: All of the Simpsons, Treehouse of horrors are in the conversation as God as my witness.
Speaker 4: I thought turkeys could fly is one of the greatest lines in the history of television period, full stop, hands down. Can't be happening, Mandy. I think the fact that anytime you say turkey, there's a turkey gobble is funny. I don't think this can get enough. I don't think I can get enough of that turkey sound. Turkey calls for everyone. Okay, turkey that textor just said turkey. I just wanted to hear the call. So there you go.
Speaker 5: Anyway, turkeys are seventy nine dollars a pounds.
Speaker 4: Just FYI. Anyway, got a lot of stuff on the blog today. Okay, topic we must take on today a rod because let's be real, we have smart, creative people, some of whom are sports fans, but even the non sports fans are still smart and creative about sports nicknames.
Speaker 5: We gotta come up with a good nickname for Bonix.
Speaker 6: The leader in the clubhouse on Twitter was the Closer.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that, but it's more like Peyton was the sheriff.
Speaker 6: We're looking for something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like the Closer, but if that becomes that kid if they win the Super Bowl, does he get a new Cadillac Second prize steak knives? You've probably never seen Glen Garry, Glenn Ross. Have you okay all of my jokes today, audience? I hope you're enjoying all of them because I'm getting the dull stare of the dairy cow for my youthful producer Jay's Louise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I was born sometime racing.
Speaker 5: So great joke.
Speaker 4: Biggest news of the day that I am the most excited about, and it just gives you the level of the news that I got into today. The best news ever. They are finally breaking ground on a cell phone lot at DIA. That makes sense. I have no problem with the cell phone lot as it exists, other than the location is stupid. It should be on the right side of Pania, so you get off on the right, back on on the right instead of having to go down, turn right, turn left. It's just stupid where it's located.
Speaker 7: I mean, if it hadn't already been made, sure, you're right, but it's really not that big of a deal, and you know it's really not gonna be worth the construction all off.
Speaker 4: To the side sure, it's all off to the side. You don't need to do that. You don't even need to worry about that because it's all off on that scrabbly part.
Speaker 7: I would take the extra two minutes it takes to get to where you need to go for the lack of construction that it would take.
Speaker 4: Hello, Mandy, when a Rod said that, I gasped at the same time you ask you anyway, So there was an internet issue this morning, and then I started getting into the news and I was like, nah, you know, nothing's really grabbing me. I wanted to remind you have been thinking about going on the Mandy Connele adventure. We have three cabins left room for six people now cruising tours, trying to get a few more cabins because there's always last minute people that want to go. But if you are thinking about giving the best gift ever to your husband or wife, this is it. Truly, We're going next October. Find out all the information on the blog today and then I have a bunch of interesting stuff that I want to ask questions about. And one question I have for you skiers, Okay. Seinfeld's festivous Miracle is another phenomenal Christmas episode from a Jewish shows. No stop it. I will literally fight you in the hallway right now, we will go to fusticuffs. I have a coffee mug in my hand. I'll smash it against the wall and use this handle like a backwards whatever the thing is that goes across your.
Speaker 7: Knuckles, and I'll say it's about Dan time. Let's go square Upconnell. What the best man or woman went? I'll slap you around like a turkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Mandy, my daughter's fantasy football team is Big Nick's Energy. Okay, that's been a pretty funny fresher. Yeah yeah, Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross one of the worst movies ever made. Hated it. I love it because I love dialogue and the dialogue and that is effect and another text or just text, Mandy, coffee is for closers. Exactly right, exactly right. The question I have for you guys who actually ski in this listening audience is that have you guys been priced out of skiing? Now there's a lot of young people. Gina Gondeck loves to ski. She's got the epic pass or icona on which one she asked she has a pass grant loves to ski, so I know he has a pass. But the prospect of going up the mountain for just like a day, to especially an Aspen, You're gonna be like two hundred dollars just in lift tickets if it's a holiday weekend. Is it worth it? And I'm curious because we've been talking a lot because Aron loves Las Vegas, and we've been talking a lot about how Vegas has seen a big dip in tourism because like people's perception of diminishing returns got high enough that they were like, it's not worth it. Now. The problem is that there are so many people from around the world for which Colorado is a lifetime dream destination to come skiing. So it's not like if every Colorado just said, nah, we're good, they would close their doors. I mean, it would probably hurt. But I'm curious because I don't ski. I've tried skiing, and Chuck tells me I'm pretty good at it. I don't believe him, but I especially can't lose the fear of dying. So I have to ask you guys this, and I'd love to know what you think. Hit me up on the Common Spirit Health text line five, six, six, nine zero. We'll be back with those after this what they thought or if they had been priced out of the market. There's an article today from our friends at Fox thirty one and they kind of did a cost analysis of based on average income and blah blah blah, and it's very technical and they did a fine, fine job. I don't want to make it seem like they didn't, but the reality is, I think the easier way is have you been priced out of skiing? The only thing that I can compare this to is as a Floridian, I feel very resentful about being priced out of Disney World. Don't laugh. When I was a kid, you could go to disney World for like twenty five dollars. And knowing now that a day at Disney will cost you a couple hundred bucks on certain days, that offends me and it makes me angry. And I wasn't going to Disney World every other weekend as some people used to when they were skiing a lot. And that's what I'm getting from a lot of you, Mandy. My husband and I used to go skiing every weekend in the late eighties and early nineties after we moved here in nineteen eighty five, we could get tickets for eighteen bucks a day. Even then, traffic was horrendous. Between the prices and the traffic, we no longer go, not to mention, I don't think I want to. In my sixties, I could never lose the fear of imminent death when I was skiing. Mandy. Yes, it's gotten too expensive for me. I started skiing at age two, and the last five years has just gotten ridiculous. Mandy. I haven't necessarily been priced out, I've been crowded out, Ayrod, we got a couple bo Nick's suggestions, the nixecutioner.
Speaker 6: Really, I like that a lot real.
Speaker 5: And then this one bow knows how to close.
Speaker 4: That's too long. It's got to be short and snappy. Yeah, just a nickname, Mandy. Never pay full price for a lift ticket. There are deals all over the once for day, dikeets and four packs, and the only holiday you should ski is on Christmas days, Skip Presidents and Mlkday, et cetera. I will not be doing any of that, Mandy. I don't ski because I've learned that trees don't like people, and they get revenge every chance they get. It does seem that way, Mandy, you see this watch it costs more than your car. Thank you, Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross heites. I love that you're still texting me. Quotes from that movie are east skiing, not to mention dealing with the traffic both up and down the mountain? Is it worth it? Time and money? Mandy is a divorced dad with a young daughter. Half the time. There is no way I can afford to take her and let her experience it. Grew up in Colorado, says this Texter skier since age six. I can get down Paulacini at the Bays and no issue. Now an ex skier hassle and cost too much. Why Yogi said, we get the military epic passes, and this year Hobby and Sun got Icon as well. It's expensive but worth the fun we have when we go, And I think that's it. I think the people that really, really, really enjoy it and are still committed to it, they're going to buy the passes.
Speaker 5: Mandy born and raised here in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Been skiing exactly once as a teenager and didn't like it. Never went again. Saved a crap ton of money. Apparently, yes you did this, texture said, has gotten out of control. Lift tickets during the holidays are over three hundred bucks. Kids ski school for group lessons can cost as much as five hundred bucks a day per kid. So adding that with the traffic and the other cost of going up there, my children and their small children are opting out of skiing, which is sad since they grew up skiing in Colorado. Mandy, too old to deal with a ridiculous traffic, bought a leveland four pack this year. Jason says, Mandy, we can take all six of us to Europe for a week or ten days for what one weekend of skiing costs. And I still have good knees. See that's my kind of Jason. You and I are we are we are? You know, similar souls, Mandy. I've been priced out of skiing for decades, which is a good thing, as my knees wouldn't take it anymore, Mandy. The beginning of the season, there was a chiron that misspelled Michael Poenix's last name. Oh that's yep, and I'm I can only guess I mean because the the X is right next to the S on the keyboard. Anthony, did you realize right next to me?
Speaker 7: Test someone yelled at him really close to the field, and he like stopped, like, I'm.
Speaker 6: Sorry, what was that?
Speaker 4: What you saying? Huh? Yeah, Mandy. I'm twenty eight and my extended friends group introduced me to snowboarding last season. I was instantly hooked as a beginner. For my first full season this year, I bargain shopped for all my gears. Spent fifteen hundred bucks for everything, including my Keystone pass. It's expensive, but I'm willing to spend it for my fun new hobby and I hope you enjoy a young person with no children.
Speaker 7: I used to go on a house payment. We used to go all the time as a kid with my dad. I haven't been in probably ten years.
Speaker 4: I think the last time I went to was five or six, so ten years for me at least, and I'm fine with that. Find that.
Speaker 5: We are both seventy years.
Speaker 4: Old and still ski nice. We have icon passes that blocks out the holidays. Oh dang it, that blocks out the holidays. Once a month, we drive up on Sunday afternoon while all the traffic is returning to the front range, ski Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and drive back after skiing on Wednesday, none of that. Drive up in the morning, ski and drive back afterwards. Business. As retired people, we believe that it is our duty to leave the weekends and holidays to those poor working folks. You are exactly how I'm gonna be when I'm retired. I'm gonna be just doing all kinds of stuff Monday through Friday. Mandy is an old man, and then the spirit of Festivus, please drop a rod like a bag of dirt. People are wanting us to fight in the hallway. Some guys said I got twenty bucks on Mandy.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, you fight on behalf of that mid show, and I'll fight on half of the best sitcom of all time, The Office.
Speaker 4: Okay, years ago we moved here from Texas. I was a flat land girl. No one could explain to me why my standing on the top of a mountain with slippery boards on my feet and then pointing them downward was a good thing to do, especially after getting up at the crack of dawn, getting stuck in traffic, and spending a boatload of money for a lipt ticket.
Speaker 5: Made it even better.
Speaker 4: I let my husband, kids and later grandkids have all the fun there you go. That is exactly right. Nix is the Mormon magician. Is he Mormon? I don't think we can make a religious commentary on Bonix on anyone's skiing keeps me exercising in my seventies.
Speaker 6: Google says, no, he is not Mormon.
Speaker 4: Thankful for a twenty five dollars season pass for seniors at Monarch. There you go, Hi, Bo, Nix's wife is pregnant. He's the fertile turtle. No, we're not doing that. Stop the Nixonator. I don't like that. No about time, Bo, No, No, Mandy, Benny, Natives are smart enough not to ski. There you go, Mandy, I worked part time at Keystone, only had to work one hundred hours, and I received a pass for me and my family.
Speaker 5: This was pre COVID. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, As a Colorado native, I no longer go to the mountains. Summer and winter has too many people. You know what. I agree with that, Chuck, and I love to go to the mountains in mud season when nobody else is up there. No, granted, we're not skiing and we can't hike, but there's hot springs, there's all kinds of stuff to do in the mountains that don't involve actually, you know, doing things in the mountains, Mandy. Four packs are the way to go still. But hate the crowds, Mandy. The icon and Epic passes have made the slopes unbelievably crowded. Another reason that I fear imminent death, Mandy. Did you see the Kessler twins killed themselves? I have no idea who that is, but I'll find out because I gotta take a break. We'll be right back. A lot of people are texting in not great nicknames for Bonix. We'll be working on that very very diligently, very shortly. But someone just texted in and said the Kessler sisters killed themselves, and I was like, oh great, another influencer I don't know anything about. But I was wrong. Alice and Ellen Kessler, German twin sisters who singing and dancing talents made them famous across Europe in the nineteen fifties and sixties, died by joint assisted suicide on Monday. They were eighty nine. I mean the organization that helped them die, German Society for Humane Dying, said people who choose this option in Germany must be absolutely clear headed, meaning free and responsible. The decision must be thoughtful and consistent, meaning made over a long period of time and not impulsive. And the Kessler sisters, who spent their entire lives together performing on The Ed Sullivan Show, at one point decided they wanted to do this and would do it together. And they died on the same day. They never married. All they had was each other. I can't even imagine that sort of sibling relationship. I've always been fascinated by twins because the twins I know have either remained super super close.
Speaker 5: Or they really don't like each other.
Speaker 4: And I'm confused by the really don't like each other more than I am confused by the really really close, and I'm not really confused by the really really close. But it's kind of like parenthood, right, Like you think you know what it's like to be a parent until you actually are a parent, and then you look back at the you that thought they knew what being a parent was like, and you just gotta laugh inside. You're like, oh, that's adorable, because it's one of those things you don't know what it is until you're in it, right, You can't, you don't understand. And the twin thing, I think has got to be the same thing. I think it's just one of those things that if you're not a twin you can't really understand what it's like to be that close to a sibling. I just you know, I like my siblings, but I would never say that we are so that we're like that. I mean, my sister and I are never gonna schedule, like, you know, assistant suicide together. That's not gonna happen. I just I find that fascinating. So thank you kids, Thank you very much, very very good. Bo Mama. We could make bo mama jokes. Anthony get out? How about this? He's bo nuffied.
Speaker 6: No stop, no going backward people.
Speaker 5: How about El dark duga the turtle.
Speaker 4: But it sounds cooler. It's Spanish. Yeah, why is he called? Why is why?
Speaker 5: Where did the turtle come from?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 4: I mean is what is that? Put a Santa hat or a red and white meter and call him Saint Nick's during the holidays. Let's not make him a saint just yet. Let's st Nix.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, you know he's gonna have a charity at some point if he doesn't already. And when they have their big Santa Party could be Saint Nick's very very easily. Why does he need a nickname when he has such a cool and short name. Okay, Texter, have you never paid attention to sports? Have you never heard of Chris Berman? Have you never? And not to mention a really cool nickname looks really cool on merchandise. So there you go, Mandy. I can think of several sitcoms better than The Office. Friends to Charlie Sheen, that's seventies show, just to poll in the office, and nobody said the Office your workplace.
Speaker 6: Your office is generational.
Speaker 5: It's a generational Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: Trust me. When you're my age, someone else will come and say the Office is not good. This newer show is way better because that was the show that was cool when you were young and you had time to sit around and watch sitcoms. Nope, just as just saying, how about the widow Maker because he gives you a heart attack every game. I kind of like that.
Speaker 6: That's kind of good. But we don't want that to continue.
Speaker 4: We'd like to right right, like to even things out. Yeah, please, So right now we have the n Executioner. That's it. That's it. We've got the N executioner nix of time, No, no, rejected, Yeah, sure, short out. We'll get there, people, We'll get there. We're going to keep spitballing this thing until we figure it out when we get back. You know, I'm trying to tell you guys that injecting the free market into medicine would be helpful. Drug companies have announced twice now this year that they are lowering the prices of weight loss drugs. Part of it is because they are currying favor with the Trump administration, but part of it is the free market in action. I'll explain all of it. It is so nerdy and so interesting to me. Anyway, right after.
Speaker 1: This, The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and on KOA, Ninem.
Speaker 3: God Way, Study, Kenney three, Andy Connell keeping.
Speaker 4: Sad bab Well for Local Welcome to the second hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell. That guy over there, he's Anthony Rodriguez, and together we'll take you right through three pm when KOA Sports will take over the streak. By the way, A rod is over all of our undefeated sports here in Colorado that I gets dropped one last night at the very last minute, ending our streak of good fortune when it comes to amazing sports play.
Speaker 5: Now, Okay, I know we're okay, we'll survive.
Speaker 4: So I saw this story on the blog today or on Denver Gazette today, and it's about the weight loss drugs. And there's a couple things about weight loss drugs. You guys know that I'm a big believer in the soda weight loss planet. I am, but I believe that there is a place for weight loss drugs because I've now seen so many people that I know who have for years fought this battle so hard and it has led to terrible health outcomes for them, and now they are taking control of their weight using GLP one inhibitors. And I think we should basically have an all of the above, all of the above strategy. For some people, they don't want to take long term weight loss drugs. For you, Sota is perfect, But the weight loss drugs have been prohibitively expensive. They're ridiculous. When they first came out, they were twelve hundred bucks a month, and there was a big push to get insurance to cover these weight loss drugs, and the insurance companies have been very slow to adopt, not least to which is because Medicare has not been covering these weight loss drugs. And usually it takes Medicare, you know, deciding to cover a drug before insurance companies will talk about covering it. There's a couple of things happening right now that have dramatically reduced the cost of weight loss drugs. Nova Nordisk back in March of this year, announced that they were dropping the price of their drug Wagovy, which is the version of ozempic. Ozempic is the drugs the drug for diabetes, specifically for type two diabetics, and then Wagovy is just a different dosage that is for people just want to lose weight. And back in March, they lowered the price of wigov from twelve hundred a month to four ninety nine a month if you are a cash pay person. Okay, why did they do that? They did that because third party payers have not come up and said they'll pay for these weight loss drugs, and they realized.
Speaker 5: The market out there is massive.
Speaker 4: It is huge. The number of people who need to lose weight in the United States of America our obesity rates are still way too high. The number of people who are flirting with obesity is way too high. And you know, doctor Oz, No it wasn't. Doctor Oz was, Yeah, it was. Doctor Oz made a comment the other day and said, you really want to do something about healthcare costs, live a healthier life. He is one hundred percent correct. As a matter of fact, the other day, when I laid out my many ways that we can inject the free market into the healthcare system, somebody commented, you know, all we have to do is for people to take care of themselves better and eat good food and get some exercise. And I messaged that guy or I posted back at him and said, as soon as you figure out how to control people's behavior, let me know. I'd love to do that. But the reality is is that you can't control someone else's behavior. They have to have the proper incentive. For a long time, when you sold health insurance, because I used to sell health insurance, and you would get to somebody who was really, really obese, there were a lot of insurance companies that simply said we're not going to cover you, or you're gonna have to pay more. And I people pitch a fit about having to pay more for their health insurance just because I'm fat, and I would very kindly, as nicely as I could, sit down and explain to them that statistically, someone who is as heavy as you are is far more likely to have more overall medical claims than a person who is of you know, good weight and good health. There's just it's statistically. It's born out over and over again. And one thing insurance companies love is statistics. It sucked, but you know what happened when I had a couple of people that were like, are you kidding me? I actually have to pay more? They lost weight. One guy lost weight and we rewrote his health insurance, not his health insurance, his life insurance. So young guy, he was like thirty seven, his wife had just had their third child, and they wanted to up their life insurance. And I come and meet him, and he said, good, seventy five pounds over the highest limit for me to get him any kind of life insurance even at his age he was only thirty five or the life insurance we got him was ridiculously priced. It was like two hundred dollars a month, which at the time was outrageous. He should have been able to get covered for like twenty five dollars a month. It was crazy. He calls me two years later and says, I need to rewrite my life insurance. I said, great, what are we doing? He said, I am in so much better physical health now. And he said, talking to me about how insurance companies statistically put you into these categories based on how big you are, because they already know that a certain percentage of people like you are going to die early, and a certain percentage of people like you are going to need long term care, and a certain percentage of people like you are going to have a heart attack. And he was like, I didn't want to be in that certain percentage anymore. So he embarked on a complete change. And I went back and dude was down like one hundred pounds, and I rewroted all of his life insurance to a much much of the preferred band of life insurance and put a ton of money back in his pocket, and not to mention, probably many more years on his life, just because that guy thought, I don't want to be in the percentage where bad things are probably going to happen. I want to be in the percentage where bad things are probably.
Speaker 5: Not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Back to the drugs, so, Nova Nordisk is the parent company of Wogovi and Ozepek. In last March they lowered the price for cash paid down to four ninety nine a month. So just recently this month, President Donald Trump's administration outlined trump RX and the drug companies Nova Nordisk and Eli Lilly have now agreed to drop their prices considerably four weight loss drugs in exchange for medicare covering the drugs. The pricing by the way, the new pricing looks like this, It's going to go from four ninety nine a month down to three forty nine month for wegov and Nova is also offering a one ninety nine a month for the first two months of low doses of wegov and nozipic that you can get from telemedicine providers and not like Eli Lilly. Eli Lilly has their own platform now where you can get its weight loss drug, Zetbound. Lily has said it's going to sell a starter dose of Zetbound for two ninety nine a month and additional doses at up to four forty nine. Those are fifty dollars reductions from current prices to sales directly to patients. My prediction is is that very soon Eli Lilly will drop the price to match Nova NORDESK. The reason why this is happening, there's two huge parts of this number one, three big parts of this number. One. When insurers who cover most people in the market in the United States of America, private insurance, when they said we're not going to cover these drugs, all of a sudden, their market hit a choke point. So they're like, okay, well, we got to do something else. That these insurance companies are not going to cover these drugs, we got to do something. So then they decide, okay, we're going to drop the price. We're gonna go down to four ninety nine a month. But that price point also felt too high. So I guarantee you, I am absolutely positive that these drug companies have done a crap ton of market research to find out what they believe the sweet spot for pricing is going to be, and they can sell somebody on a drug that is going to cost them. Let's say, hey, this drug is going to cost you eleven bucks a day, probably spending more on that in food right now, You're gonna save big just by being on this drug, losing that weight once and for all. Now, the second part of this is that the Trump administration wants to lower drug prices. There's a couple of things that you can do right now to lower drug prices, I think significantly. The first of which is stop allowing drug companies to monkey with formulation right before their patent gets out, and it allows them to extend a patent longer than it was originally intended to be extended. When I brought this up the other days, a Texter hit me up and said, Mandy, why would you allow your competitors to have access to your product to make a new one. Well, as soon as say the dice in blow dryer hits the market by the dice In company, right there is within eighteen months a blow dryer by a knockoff company that works a very very similar way, extremely similar. We don't protect other industries. We protect the pharmaceutical company because in theory they're going to be looking for cures to big diseases and stuff like that. But the reality is is that most of the time they're just trying to help men get an erection and women not get hot flashes. Right, they're going where the money is, and now they've got weight loss drugs to sell. The proper incentive might be making people pay for their own coverage and added fat premiums wouldn't hurt either of that from Game or Galt on the text line. So what are we doing here? This is in my mind, I mean, it's good news. There are a lot of people who could benefit from these drugs, especially if you've got a lot of weight to lose. You can do that two months, you know, offer of one ninety nine a month, see if it works for you. I've also, by the way, had a lot of friends that these products did not work for. They did not get the kind of appetite suppression that they were promised. So these are not, you know, the end all be all. But we've got the third party not distorting the We've got market pressures wringing the price down already, and then you've got pharmaceutical companies working with the Trump administration, probably settling on a price that they themselves had already targeted before conversations began with the federal government. So the federal government is now going to be buying those drugs as well. I mean, this is both a collision of crony capitalism and the free market at work. It's really fascinating. It's really really fascinating to see this whole work out. You know, Donald Trump is obsessed with everyone being skinny, which is hilarious, but whatever. He's on record as being highly critical of women when they put too much weight on it. Doesn't like that. He doesn't like chunky women, and he lets him know it. So this is not surprising. I just I found this incredibly interesting. But if you've been thinking about weight loss drugs but haven't because the price they may be come in your way. Also on the blog today, still a Rod, we've still not had any snow We are now right now, we are fourth all time for the latest first snowfall.
Speaker 6: If I made my response to that news.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining.
Speaker 7: Because this fall has been my favorite fall of all time, glorious.
Speaker 4: It truly like someday, when we're really old, a Rod.
Speaker 7: Will be like remember the fall of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: It was wonderful happen hiking at the end of October, and it was spectacular spectacular.
Speaker 7: Well, just so you know, this is where people our listeners say, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: This state's plenty blue?
Speaker 4: What I don't get it?
Speaker 6: Snow politics?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, anyway I tried. That was wanh wah wah blah wah. Yeah, thank you, thank you. How about this one the nicktator, the Knicks tator. That sounds a little like you're Larry the cable guy on that one. The ntator Nick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that does not get her to yeah.
Speaker 4: Bo zempic Okay.
Speaker 7: We're trying to game more when not trim winds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the texture just randomly texted in black guys like chunky women. Okay, I mean, are you a black guy? Are you testifying? Cool hand Nicks? Oh, I like that.
Speaker 7: No, it has to be one has to be one word. No, the bank, the blank bo Winkle, get out. No, we're getting worse. Mandy bow chick a bow wow.
Speaker 4: No, nifty Nicks don't like that one like that one at all, Iron Knicks No, stop, who's Nicks?
Speaker 5: No, no, nix it no, no, we'll have to work on.
Speaker 6: We're getting worse.
Speaker 5: We are getting worse.
Speaker 4: But now back to our snow because where we are Denver's latest first snowfall is from our friends over at CBS four. Right now, we are sitting pretty in fourth place, Anthony, because December tenth of twenty twenty one was our latest snowfall, coming in at point three inches. After that, we've got November twenty first, nineteen thirty four, the thirties were notoriously hot. Then November nineteenth, nineteen thirty one.
Speaker 6: Say we're gonna be top three.
Speaker 4: No, we're number four. If we make it till tomorrow, which we are three, we will be tied for third. And then if we make it to Friday without snow, we will be tied for second. So we'll see.
Speaker 7: I mean Friday sounds like mountains but not here. So I think we're gonna get top three. Well, we most number two.
Speaker 4: Number two was November twenty first. Oh, we're gonna get that too, maybe going to be number two.
Speaker 7: We're not gonna We're off to as Dave Fraser, by the way, in person tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I know I forgot to say that. By the way, if you're just tuning in. Tomorrow is our big Turkey drive at Kingsnoopers at the corner of Colorado and Yale call the food drive. You call, We're gonna I know we're gonna be asking people to come down. You can donate money via a QR code. You can donate, donate a turkey or any of the Thanksgiving fixs, or just really anything to benefit Food Bank of the Rockies. We are so excited. I love doing this. Every single year. We're gonna be there Kiowa is gonna be there from nine A to nine PE collecting all this stuff. And I'm just gonna say it. I say it every year. I happen to think that my listening audience is the best listening audience. So I need you guys to just bring it tomorrow and bring it. I mean, donate, donate, donate, bring money, stop by, buy some can goods, buy some stuff. We'll have some lists for you. I'm sure we have a little car.
Speaker 6: And give me your best air horn impression in person.
Speaker 4: Yay, you can donate food, cash, uh, turkeys. Whatever I was about to say, And big thank you to our friends at Redbird Farms, Colorado, build, GMC Dealers and KOA.
Speaker 6: A long awesome plug to what I was saying.
Speaker 7: Dave tomorrow will ask him in person if if we're gonna maybe get that record.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. That's too late December tenth.
Speaker 4: That does seem a lot.
Speaker 6: Wow, yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: No way right.
Speaker 5: No, we're not gonna call him the Boner.
Speaker 4: That's not.
Speaker 6: No, that's terrible.
Speaker 7: Ew No Nicks in a box. No, that's bad, going down a bad hole.
Speaker 4: Here, My sister and I think bo Nick sounds like a prescription drug name. Do not take Bonnix if you are allergic to bo Nicks. We call him the prescription. But wait a minute, stop, I kind of like that.
Speaker 5: No, I do no, because then he's the RX Nicks.
Speaker 6: Get the prescription.
Speaker 4: Get How about these nigs? No, not gonna Oh, dear god, I know it's not it's not getting better at all. Boat mix a lot, No, okay, that's okay, Nix snacious. How about bow Mageddon.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I don't know. No, no, no, hmm. The termin Nixer that's reasonable. That sounds too much like Terminix the pest company.
Speaker 4: Though you know what they're going for. It's the Terminator. How about boldly fans?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's what we all can be get out.
Speaker 5: You guys are killing me today anyway.
Speaker 7: Creativity, But none of these other than what was it the terminator.
Speaker 4: The n executioner. I like an executioner a lot. That's pretty good killing opponents in the fourth quarter. I love it.
Speaker 5: It's a little violent, though. I don't know if he would run with it.
Speaker 6: He would not.
Speaker 4: He seems like kind of a nice guy that he wouldn't want to do that. So we'll find out about our snowfall tomorrow again. When you come out to see us at the corner of Colorado and Eels King super you will also see Dave Fraser, who is going to do whether Wednesday live with us tomorrow at twelve thirty, So we will be able to find that out. Okay, So I've got an interesting story about us doing something good for the environment that may have totally messed up the environment. No good deed goes unpunished, so listen to this headline climate conundrum. Even cleaning up our air appears to be heating up the earth for decades, Reducing air pollutions seem like an obvious wind wind for public health in the planet. Cleaner air means fewer respiratory diseases, art problems, and premature deaths. Paradoxically, however, research reveals an unexpected side effect of cleaning up our air, cleaner skies may actually be speeding up ocean warming in some of the world's most critical marine regions.
Speaker 5: The culprit changes in clouds.
Speaker 4: Between twenty three and twenty twenty two, marine clouds over the North Atlantic and Northeast Pacific became noticeably less reflective. In this case, the clouds could be likened to giant mirrors in the sky, bouncing sunlight back into space before it can warm the oceans below. When those mirrors get dimmer, more heat gets through. What's happening. The clouds are now reflecting about three percent less sunlight per decade than they did twenty years ago, and the extra solar energy is warming the oceans beneath them. Wait a minute, warming the oceans with the sun. Huh? How is that our faults? What's interesting is that it seems stricter air pollution controls have reduced the number of well gunk in our air sulfur particles specifically, but reducing those sulfur particles has also increased cloud brightness. When sulfur dioxide from burning colon enter enters the atmosphere, it creates tiny articles that I like seeds for cloud droplets. The more seeds you have, the more droplets form, and the clouds with lots of small droplets are wider and more reflective. So basically, by pulling out all the air pollution out of the clouds, we've made them less reflective and are heating the oceans, leading to our sure death. If I listen to the environmentalists and I don't fascinating that when more sunlight reaches the Earth it warms things, hm hmm. Almost like maybe there's a different reason. I can't sort it out. It seems too complicated for someone like me. Nxation, the nixation, no nickname. We're finding a nix name. Just we'll just call them nickname. Gotta like catch phrase from a free guy nick name catch prase nick name, Mister bow scrambles. Okay, wait a minute, I kind of like that.
Speaker 7: Stop Master bo Scrambles. What's best chagibt the Bo Show. Give me ten good nicknames for Bow, Nicks, nix, the teen. Let's see if any of these from tagybt are better than the ones we have gotten.
Speaker 6: Top ten bo Knows Nicks.
Speaker 7: Mix the criticism, What in the World, The Oregon Outlaw, the mile high.
Speaker 5: Marksman, oh, I kind of like that one.
Speaker 7: Bronco bo Nix at Night, Captain Calm, the Auburn Alchemist, because you went to Auburn before the Knicks. Cannon Nix in the mix. That is the ten from Chad GBT. The Mile High Marksman's pretty good.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: A little bit about Bozuka.
Speaker 6: That's that's strong.
Speaker 4: Both is strong, boxinga I'm writing down Bozuoka not bad.
Speaker 6: Mile High Marksman put that on there too. That's right, daring good.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll be back. We'll take those throughout the show. But when we get back, I want to talk about AI and I want to know how you feel about it, because I have mixed feelings. I kind of love it, I kind of hate it, but yeah, I'm a little worried about the future of society.
Speaker 5: We'll do that next you ready a rod.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying these are good. I'm just saying they're coming in. Bozilla. I actually kind of like bos I like Bozilla down so so far. Let me let me review what we do have on the sheet here. Uh, we have the Nixecutioner, which I love, but not good for bo Nix's own merch line.
Speaker 5: Maybe just our merch line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rod, then we have Bozuoka, the mile High Marksman and Bozilla.
Speaker 5: That's where we are right now.
Speaker 4: Tricky Nicks. I kind of like Tricky Nicks. No noting that one because that makes them kind of feel like, uh oh, just tricks, only tricks. Somebody pointed this out, Mandy, You and a Rod totally missed it. It's the nix Nator tagline. I'll bring us back.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. A couple of people are recommending Nixer the Fixer in today's gambling scandal era. Let's just leave out anything that could be remotely attached to that. Bonen the Destroyer. Okay, I love that one.
Speaker 7: That's pretty good. That's really good, but also doesn't sound right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really get a squeaky clean kind of image. But I wrote it down anyway because I just liked it. The Jedi why, I don't think he's ready for that yet. No, sat Nix Now that almost sounds like an insult. I know what you're saying that he doesn't get said. Oh how about this one? I Rod Bowley Moley, Ah, that's okay, yeah, hello, okay, away, this is Dirk I opened the free ire radio app and a pop up appeared suggesting a host from Cincinnati. I've never listened to. How is that possible? They only talk show to do on the app is Mandy and sometimes KAA Sports. Don't ask me questions about the app. I got nothing for you, no idea. I don't know how the man behind the curtain does it. I have no clue.
Speaker 6: Well, just know it's free to use.
Speaker 4: There you go, Crystal Clear IYET radio app. What about Bodacious?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, how about the Ranger?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Elway is the Duke, Manning was the sheriff. Yep, bo Nix is the Ranger.
Speaker 6: I like that. Maybe I like that it's in Colorado as well.
Speaker 5: Pyrotechnics.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good. But no, that's really good.
Speaker 7: Not We're going for no more along the lines of like the Ranger, he doesn't even have to have his name in it per se, and doesn't have to make sense because the Duke isn't in Elway's name, the sheriff isn't in Peyton's name.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I love the puns. I'm here for them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But like the Marksman, the Mileheigh Marksmen, the Ranger stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Brand ability.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about the Warrior a few times?
Speaker 7: It's weird because there are there are teams. There are teams called the Warriors on the NFL, but Bo constrictor instead of so strong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but not in line what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't think Sean's pawn is very flattering. I'm not going to go with that one.
Speaker 6: Is he No, he has, and.
Speaker 4: We're get on a kid. Oh, we have won the Oregon Outlaw, but we want to give him something that's more Denver centric. I think the Stallion nothing really Oh I like that, Yeah, the Stallion. I mean, I'm sure his wife would like that for him.
Speaker 6: All Right, that's good. That's good. That's really good.
Speaker 4: The Razor bo Nicks, it's all in the name.
Speaker 6: Would fit in well with the Andy Lorians.
Speaker 4: Depeche Mode, Depeche bo Mode, depeche Okay, yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Really easy because his name is really easy.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: You know it's tied for the shortest name in NFL history.
Speaker 4: What bo Nicks is it?
Speaker 5: What's the other who's he tied with?
Speaker 6: Uh, let's say bow Knicks tied longest name.
Speaker 7: I know he was tied. I don't think he is the shortest. Oh no, he is, Wait not tied tie Law.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there you go, Yep, there you go. It's a couple of others, tie Law. All Right, my friends, let's talk for a second about AI, because I really want to. I think this is a very interesting and the suggestions are not getting any better. They're really not both one Kenobi, No, that's.
Speaker 7: Really creative though you're speaking my language textures.
Speaker 4: I kind of like this when the Wrangler, Like, I kind of like that. That kind of suits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he was like a wyoming guy.
Speaker 4: No, But but I like the Ranger because he's, you know, riding down the field, down the field in the stallion. I like the staalue. Yeah. Anyway, let me talk about AI for a moment. This is actually the mile high Sniper. I don't think that they want anything that sounds like gun. That's why my favorite is still an executioner. But it's too it has it has violent overtowns that are just not right for kids today. Okay, anyway, let's talk about AI. I'm still trying to get to the story. The headline of the Wall Street Journal is the most joyless tech revolution ever. AI is making us rich and unhappy as the Magnificent Seven composite, as they call it. Those are the seven biggest tech organizations on the stock market.
Speaker 5: Their stock has just skyrocketed, It's up one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and sixty nine percent, and exactly the same well opposite trajectory. Consumer confidence about AI has dropped. So it's interesting about this article, and it is a it's interesting. It is paywalled, and I could not unpaywall it, so I'm sorry about that. But one of the points that they make is that when we all lived through the rise of the dot com era, and I am a gen X, so I am one firm in the analog age, one foot in the digital age. I lived through the bridge of that. So I remember at the beginning of the dot com boom, it felt like a very hopeful time because the Internet was a.
Speaker 5: Great equalizer, right.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to be, you know, a huge company in order to start a business. You could start a business and create something amazing online. And it's happened over and over again. I mean, Jeff Bezos became a billionaire because of that attitude. There was a hopefulness for average Americans about what the technology of the Internet could do. The exact opposite is true about artificial intelligence. There are a lot of people who are very disconcerted about what artificial intelligence is going to mean in terms of in the future, in terms of career prospects in the future, and people are very very uncertain about it. So most people totally get that tech is going to make some jobs obsolete. But the big worry right now is that AI isn't just going to make some jobs obsolete, It's going to make humans obsolete. In a recent report economist of Goldman's Sachs, who are trying to map the downsides and episodes of AI, they say that the latter meaning making humans obsolete, is an acceleration in productivity that eventually makes human input in knowledge based work tasks redundant. It's all very scary where we are right now. And I was just wondering because again, you guys still not getting thirty zero nicks, No, thirty odd nicks, No, no, nope, still not good you guys. But I like your efforts. I like the fact that you're still What about the deputy that sounds like he doesn't have full power though I've seen that one. What about the well, the captain, what.
Speaker 6: About people have said the captain as well?
Speaker 4: What other I mean, what about the general march of the troops down the field?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I don't want a great low rate you can get online because a low quarterback?
Speaker 4: Right, what about bo Daddy? Hey you know he's bow Daddy. Now, No, no, nixologist, no anything.
Speaker 7: That's okay, Yeah, it's really hard hardly thought.
Speaker 4: Bomaha, Bah, that's good. I like that a lot. That's that's good. We'll be right back on X right now. Jesse Kelly just tweeted out something that I think is so important that I want to just remind you. It says pro tip. They're going to be names in those files of people who aren't even accused of doing anything wrong, and those people are going to sue you out of your life savings when you tweet that they are pedophiles just trying to save you some money. Accurate. Accurate. There you go back to AI for a moment, and I'd like to thank all of you. Oh wait a minute, Uh oh, we have a contender.
Speaker 6: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Wait, what was John Elway the duke? Okay, so after he beat KC says this Texter, we should call him the Chief. I kind of like that, Chief Nix. We do have some good ones. The rifleman that's a little too gunny, well, like it's just not gonna stick. Um, we're not gonna call him the big boner, that's not happening. The mile High.
Speaker 6: Marshal, the Marshall like that. The Marshall could be short too.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm saying. I kind of like the mile high Marshal. And then I like that better than mile high marksmen because they're not going to do marksmen because of the guns. Yeah, I like the marsh so mile high Marshall. You know, we're going to give these to the guys in the afternoon and and and get their view on whether or not we like it.
Speaker 6: Hate all of them, probably West Ryan.
Speaker 4: A couple of people have said, does Bo even need a new nickname? Does he have a nickname before?
Speaker 6: Before? We're all bow Leavers, so we have nicknames.
Speaker 4: A lot of people like the Marshall. Like a lot of people like the Marshall. That is a good one. That is a very good one. Oh no, mister bow No, that's not going to be a thing. I don't even know if Ayro got that reference. I love it that I talk about AI, which could take over.
Speaker 5: The world and all of our jobs and.
Speaker 4: Put us all out of work and have us all living on the streets as the robots take over, and you guys, one text message and the rest of it is nicknames for bonus, I asked.
Speaker 7: Speaking of AI, I asked, why should bow Nicks be called the Marshal so we can justify it right right. He runs the offense like a field marshal. Marshalls are strategic leaders, the orchestrate, direct control the battlefield. Marshall evokes authority and composure. Obviously, it sounds like an old school Western sheriff, perfect for Denver, clean, unique and brandable. And it plays off how he marshals the troops director serve that is fantastic protections, shifts formations, literally marshaling in offense.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've I feel like we've got a winner. Marshall Nicks the We'll call him.
Speaker 5: The mile High Marshall and then it'll just be shortened to the Marshal.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 4: Good. Oh God, we're good at this. People took us long enough. It only took us a one to fifty two to come up with some woo but here we are better than ever. And there's a lot of people like the shoot us we cannot it can't be gun themeed that just will not fly. Maybe syllable, maybe Cindy silly, but there you go, Mandy. I still like the Widow Maker. I you know, after all these games, it don't so so bo stop it, stop it right now.
Speaker 5: Oh anyway, when we get back.
Speaker 4: I have so many stories on the blog today that are just totally unrelated. But there is a couple videos that I really want you to gotch. I can't play him on the air because they're Bill Maher and they've got cursing. But Bill Maher is probably the last classical liberal in Hollywood right now, because as the Democratic Party has moved further left away from him, he has remained staunchly classically liberal, meaning very libertarian, not thinking that government has the answer. And Patton Oswald, who I used to think was really funny. I used to follow him on Twitter and he really made me hate him on Twitter. And after watching this interview with Bill Maher where they're sitting around, they're talking about all this stuff, the stuff that Patton Oswalt has never even heard of in terms of the acadodal nature of some of the things that are happening in the name of DEI and Woke and all this stuff. It's like it just reminds you of the fact that we are getting our news from somebody completely different than they are getting their news. Nevertheins you shall meet, right, I mean, we are on a different page so hard, it's not even funny. Marshall is lame, says this texter. You're the only one. You're the only one. No, we already nixed, sir, nix a lot, so thanks for that, but we're moving on.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy connelln FM.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 3: The Nytree, Andy Connell, Keith sad Bab Welcome Local, Welcome to.
Speaker 4: The third hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell. That guy over there Anthony Rodriguez. Yeah, we will take you right up until three pm when KOA Sports takes over. Okay, kids, I have a mission for you tomorrow. I need you all to come see us at the corner of Colorado and Yale at the Kings Sooopers. It is our annual holiday food drive benefiting Food Bank of the Rockies. We're going to be on site from nine am to nine pm. All the shows between nine and nine are broadcasting from there, and that means yours truly will be there from noon to three. Now, every single year, my listeners, in my opinion, donate more money or more food than any other listeners on the station. I'm just saying, so I need you guys to continue that tradition. Donate turkeys, food or cash through a QR code. It's all presented by our friends at Redbird Farms, Colorado, you at GMC Dealers and a So come see it's tomorrow corner of Colorado and Yale and Dave Fraser is going to be doing Weather Wednesday live from the broadcast tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We're really looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite things that we do every single year, and I hope it works. So I want to go through what I think is the biggest news story of the day, and that is that ground has been broken on a new travel convenience center and cell phone waiting lot at d I A Hey, Ron, I think they realize you don't the way, the real the fact that you don't realize how bad the cell phone lot, because you've never waited in a really good cell phone lot.
Speaker 7: I understand what you're saying. If we didn't already have one, I get it, But it's not worth a little move across the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is for me. No, And by the way, it's going to be much better this new travel convenience center, Anthony. It's not just a cell phone line, it's a travel convenience gas the current ones it right now, that's not enough for me.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: It's going to have listen to this. Forty eight gas pumps under solar canopies, electric vehicle charging stations, a two store, a convenience store, a drive through coffee shop, a tunnel car wash, a dog park, and a conference room.
Speaker 6: Dog parks cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to have a bar and a lounge on the second floor of the rooftop deck. Okay, how about that there.
Speaker 6: You go, Well, you bury the lead.
Speaker 4: Well you didn't let me get to it before the place.
Speaker 6: It's not true. Earlier in the first hour, you buried the lead.
Speaker 4: I just mentioned it in passing. I was going to talk about it then. The travel centers on the rise kitchen will offer food options, and it will have a bar and lounge with a rooftop deck. It will also have complimentary wait, here's the best part, complimentary shuttle service to Jepson terminals.
Speaker 7: So bar there's literally nothing but driving that the people there will be doing.
Speaker 4: Sh that's because wait, listen, there's going to be a complimentary shuttle to the jets and terminals. So you could ostensibly go to the travel send with your friends, have a few cocktails at the rooftop bar to see them off, and then put them on the bus and let them go to the airport, just saying all.
Speaker 6: Right, now, what's the estimating place.
Speaker 4: The best part is is that it's finally on the right side of Payinia Boulevard, right. I don't mind the cell phone lot itself. I often wait there. I use the lovely restroom. Sometimes I get a pretzel, you know, they got a pretzel and a doughnut place in there. And it's fine, it's fine, but it's in the wrong place. It's such a pain to get out of that cell phone lot and go back to the terminal. That's why so many people park illegally on the side of the road, which drives me crazy. Maybe speaking of the Dia cell lot. Even when it's done, there will still be a line of cars with their flashers on, parked on the shoulder, a paini of boulevard inbound to the terminal and parked under signs every two hundred feet saying not to bark on the shoulder. As a ride chair driver, I regularly see this. I'm hoping that once we take this last excuse that they'll get serious. I mean, why if you are and is that Denver? Is that the city of Denver that patrols that supposed to patrol or is that Aurora. I don't know which whose cops I've seen out there, but my god, you guys, that is a cash cow. Just go and ticket all of those people every day until they'll stop.
Speaker 6: Mandy.
Speaker 4: Are there're gonna be shuttles for pickoff and drop.
Speaker 5: Off at the cell phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's gonna be a free bus from the cell phone building to the terminal. So there you go, Mandy, not at all. At the corner of Colorado Boulevard and Yale Avenue, approximately five blocks east of that on Yale, No, what, there's not a what. I've been to this King Soupers many times. It's at the corner of Colorado and Yale. It's in that part of that big, huge plaza with the Marshalls and all the stuff. It's it's the anchor store of that big plase at Colorado and Yale.
Speaker 7: You're confusing me, Texter. I've been pet smart. Marshalls, Manney Bucky should have built there.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but they're trying to build south now, Mandy, Will it be a right turn and a right turn out to the terminal. No, it will just be a gentle here, get back on the ramp and go back to Payne Boulevard.
Speaker 5: You won't even have to do the right turn, right turn. It'll be even easier.
Speaker 4: Who needs a cell phone lot when DPD just lets you pull over on Painy and put your hazards on, So it is DPD, Okay, I mean, I just I feel like those tickets would just be like shooting fish in a barrel. This Texter. By the way, a rod somebody already responded to your post on X and he said, how about he first proofs is worth for a few years and then earns a nickname. If you're not impressed by nine and two, and if you're not impressed by the way that this Broncos team with Boonix leading the charge, has found a way to win nine games.
Speaker 7: Oh and they were ten and seven last year. Wins the playoff form first time in ten years.
Speaker 4: Wh yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, got my lawn, Mandy, Will there be a Schlotsky's only reason to go to a cell phone?
Speaker 7: Lit?
Speaker 4: I do not like Schlatsky's. Chuck loves Schlotzky's. This is one of the rare areas in our marriage where we just do not agree.
Speaker 6: So do you not go? Or do you go? And just say I.
Speaker 4: Tell him, fine, go. Whenever we're in an airport, like when we go to an airport, even when we're with Q, it's like a free for all now because Q always wants Chick fil A. I don't want fast food, right, so I want something better, And then Chuck sometimes wants this, so we all just we all go.
Speaker 5: We go to wherever we want to get our food, and.
Speaker 4: If there's a Schlotski's, I tell Chuck, now's your chance, just go get yourself a sandwich and he does in one of the terminals.
Speaker 6: I never had it. You know, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's a sandwich shop. But they have different bread. Schlotzky's bread is what Schlotski's is all about. And I don't love their bread. I don't love the bread.
Speaker 6: Then you know all meats available?
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know. I don't am Call Chuck and ask him about salami, or call him and ask him. He won't know about Sammy. He doesn't need tom. Of course they have turkey. Everybody has turkey. Yep. Man, If there's free shuttles, does that mean free parking and people will stay there for days to avoid paying for parking at the airport. That is a fine, fine question and a legit question that somebody needs to answer, because I'm not saying I we do it, but I mean it's not a bad idea in the grand scheme of things, Anthony, Have you created your list for our our gifts that we love for twenty twenty five? Of course, blog, I need you to send them to me because I'm gonna create. Oh you have not.
Speaker 5: No, I got a list.
Speaker 4: Oh I know I got a list.
Speaker 6: I just say, did no.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: You were supposed to do electronics. You were supposed to do tech. Okay, I got nothing for that because tech for me, it's like I had to order a new cell phone.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't tell you this saga.
Speaker 4: So my daughter who has had a cell phone, she got a cell phone when she was thirteen. She is now six teen and a half, and she has never broken or lost in any way a cell phone. Ever, she has never had any problems until last week. She took aheader her phone, took aheader with her, and the phone phone screen cracked. She took a what I had her, she fell down, took aheader and broke her phone. And she comes and goes, oh, I broke my phone. I was like, okay. So I go and I go to look to file and insurance claim and we're all eligible for new phones for free. So we get the new phones and I order everything. And my first thing is I'm getting a new phone. I should be excited. I'm filled with dread because now it's gonna be like, oh God, what fresh hell do I have to learn about this phone? And then like three years from now, I'm gonna still be trying to learn stuff about my phone and not know how to use my phone. This is where I am in life right now.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't have those problems if you were on the right side of it with iPhone.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's even worse. Somebody said, well, this run over costs wise like everything at DIA. No, because it's being built by a private company. Yeah, it'll be on schedule and on budget. There you go. This texter couldn't agree with you more, Mandy, say no to iPhones? Lol.
Speaker 6: Okay, everyone can be wrong, Mandy.
Speaker 4: How much taller is the que than you? She is not taller than I am. She is like half an inch shorter than I am, and she stopped growing a lot of people giving schlot Skis a lot of love and rod. Apparently there's one at a Rappah and I twenty five if you'd like to give it the old tryout.
Speaker 6: Well more intrigued the DA So I'm gonna be there, well in the where the.
Speaker 4: Cell phone line is currently you know that, you know the where all the restaurants are inside.
Speaker 5: Apparently there's one there as well.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 5: You can try out the schlot Skis and then find out.
Speaker 4: What Blimpi's versus Shlatsky's Blimpy's one hundred percent. The Blimpe's meatball sub still my favorite meatball sub from a chain restaurant, like that chain sub. There are better meatball subs, mind you, and like mom and pop sandwich shops, but as far as the chain sub meatball subs go, Blimpie's is number one.
Speaker 6: Meatball subs still good, and I haven't had one like a decade.
Speaker 4: I still But here's the problem with meatball subs, Like you enjoy it while you're eating it, and then each meatball just sits in your stomach like a gut bomb. After that, you're like, oh, I should not have eaten that. And I would always go to Blimpey's and get like like, hey, give me a large and I'll put half away for when I get you know, like, do you really think that ever happened? No, that was when I used to eat a lot more than I do now and thinking about eating a whole meatball suddenly, Oh no, what do you get on a sub when you sandwich it up?
Speaker 6: What do you do if it's meat sub?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like straight regular lunch meat kind of sandwich.
Speaker 6: What are you doing turkey ham?
Speaker 4: You're not doing like the Italian where you get the salami and the pepperoni and.
Speaker 7: Play that stuff. You put pepperoni on the meatball. Sob oh, now, that is clever.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: That is clever.
Speaker 6: I've never thought about that. Turkey and Ham always.
Speaker 4: Mandy Schlotzky's blimpy like a dead horse. Schlotsky's is the best. Mandy beets. No, I'm just saying, Mandy. I'm also fifty six and dream learning a new phone. I've had my awesome Samsung S twenty since twenty twenty that it finally won't keep a charge throughout the day. What kind of phone did you get? I'm gonna tell you, I got a Google Pixel and I love it. It's probably my favorite phone I've ever had since my BlackBerry. You didn't have a phone during the blackberryry. You have to understand, like when BlackBerry came out and you had the ability to actually type yes instead of going five fi five six six five five six and back and forth, it was horrible BlackBerry. All of a sudden, it was like, oh my god, I've.
Speaker 6: Had the type like that. I'm not that young.
Speaker 7: By the way, Sandwich moment for Jersey Mikes, Oh really really good.
Speaker 4: I don't mind Jersey Mikes. I don't mind Jersey Mikes. My favorite, if I'm honest, is Firehouse. I love Firehouse and then I love the tuna sub at Subway. I get the tuna sub it Someway all the time. Love it, Mandy. If you're you're seriously check out Yampa Sandwich Company. They have incredible sandwiches. I don't really eat a lot of sandwiches anymore.
Speaker 6: I don't eat a lot of bread, homemade or not at all.
Speaker 4: I just I don't eat a lot of things. I buy my family lunch meat, and it sits in the drawer and rots so much that I'm like, I'm not buying lunch meat ever again, unless you are making a sandwich with it as soon as I walk in the door. Because it's expensive lunch meat, isn't she waste? Not want not? Anyway, when we get back, who had Nicki Minaj addresses the un on their bingo card if so Winter Winter Chicken Dinner, there's no clear winner for the sub aro. Do you know what we need to do? We need to do a bracket, a bracket like like one day we should bring in because a lot of people are recommending Snarfs, which is a relative, relatively new player in the market. I haven't tried them yet, but Snarf's is on here. Jersey Mike's, Capriotti's, Schlotskis, and even some love for Subway and Jimmy John's. I don't love Jimmy John's because they don't have everything that I like on a samwich. Jimmy Johns, I don't hate them, but I find their toppings.
Speaker 7: Lacking best and one of the only unwitches in the bids would yes elite on which like it's so well formed it doesn't fall apart, so good.
Speaker 4: Should we do a sandwich bracket and then like.
Speaker 7: Every sandwich places or specific sandwiches from those places, we have to do.
Speaker 4: The same sandwiches to con bear apples tapples?
Speaker 6: Yes, do you know? Just place? Then?
Speaker 4: So just the places, we would have to do this one against this one, and we could just you know, and pop Belly. A lot of people recommend it. I love pop Belly, but they're not there's not one kind of They're out of sight for me, so I don't think about them. I don't necessarily drive by it. But you guys, you got strong feelings. Okay, if you did not have Nicki Minaj speaking to the un on your Bingo card, you're just not paying attention. The rapper was invited by the ambassador, the US Ambassador to the United Nations, Mike Walls, after she co signed Trump's social media statements about Nigeria earlier this month. Nigeria is a disaster right now. I mean, as I hate to say it, Nigeria is not safe. A lot of people are being murdered by Islamist extremists, Christians, Muslims, they're all being slaughtered by these Islamists. And a lot has been made out of the Christian murders happening in Nigeria, and it's being used as an example of Muslim intolerance, and it is. But they're intolerant for everyone who doesn't think like they are. So Mandy, I can't the wine Yogi bringing in strong Mandy, I can't believe you haven't mentioned publics. We can't get publics here, win Yogi, and you know it, don't you tease me, lady anyway. So, for some reason, Mike Walls, the US Ambassador to the United Nations, then reached out to Nicki Minaj and said, hey, would you come and speak to the United Nations about this? And she did. She did it today. She not only thanked Donald Trump for making this entire thing possible. She did kind of point out that she was not taking sides, she was just there to talk about Christians being murdered in Nigeria. She also thanked her adoring Barb's fan base for being her pillar rock and everything in between. So Nicki Minaj speaking to the UN. But that's not even the weirdest thing that happened at the UN on yesterday. The UN actually approved a US plan for Gaza. This is the twenty point plan put forth by the Trump administration. Now, the ceasefire in Israel, the we'll just call it. We're gonna call it a pie crust ceasefire because it's easily broken. It has been very tenuous, but it's holding. It's like you know, Israel says I massible killed some soldiers, They're gonna blow some stuff up and it's just but it's holding. And this new plan would help rebuild Gaza. So what exactly are we looking at in this piece plan, Well, it's kind of a roadmap. And mister Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu said that this roadmap is looking for a long sustainable, long term piece. It actually creates an organization to govern Gaza that would be headed by Donald Trump. And the Plan says during the time of the ceasefire that both Israel and Amas will withdraw, well, Israel will withdraw from the Gaza strip to an agreed uponline. They have done that within seventy two hours of Israel accepting the deal which mister Netanyahu did. Hamas was supposed to free all the remaining hostages. Some fifty hostages are still in Gaza, less than half are alive. That happened, except Hamas still has not released.
Speaker 5: The bodies of the hostages.
Speaker 4: Now the notion that they don't know where the bodies are has kind of been called into question, let's say, by video that was released of Hamas burying a body and then pretending to find it under the watch of the Red Cross observers. I mean it was, it was Hamas wood it was. It was complete, completely fabricated. But those bodies still have not been returned. In exchange, Israel released ind A ton two hundred and fifty Palestinian serving life sentences, seventeen hundred other Gosins who were detained following the start of the war, and the Plan calls for the remains of fifteen deceased Gosins to be returned for every one deceased hostages, except I mean the notion that caring for the dead it doesn't matter as much to the people in Gaza other than the families of the people were talking about it certainly doesn't matter to how'mas they don't care about that. The plan calls for Gaza to be demilitarized under the supervision of independence monitors, with any weapons, factories and tunnels destroyed and weapons decommissioned, meaning they will also be destroyed. The planned state's full aid will be immediately sent to Gaza, which we know that the aid has flowed, although Israel has been criticized for the amount of aid that has been flowing. But you notice the stories about gazen starving stopped immediately, mostly because unfortunately for those who were running the gosens are starving. People in Gaza immediately started releasing commercials for their restaurants that were back up and running now. The proposal also floats convening a quote panel of experts that could drop economic redevelopment plans for Gaza strip. It states that Gaza would exist in a special economic zone with preferred tariff and access rates. Gaza will not be led by Hamas. It will be led by what they call a technocratic group and stabilization force. What does that even mean We don't know, except they will be responsible for delivering the day to day running of public services and municipalities for the people of Gaza. We don't know who's gonna be in that committee, but it would be composed of qualified Palestinians and international experts. All of this is gonna be overseen by a Board of Peace chaired by Donald Trump. Now the UN has backed this plan. Russia was the wild card. Nobody knew if Russia was gonna say, eh, you know, don't do it. We're gonna use a veto China abstain, and that means they got a thirteen oh vote to affirm this plan and hopefully, uh, you know, we are like two generations of Palestinians away from real peace with Israel, no matter what we do. For the Palestinians were too because they have been so brainwashed since birth to hate Israelis, and not just to hate them, but to hate them and want them dead, and to actively be told that killing in Israeli jew is hot is something to aspire to. They put their little children in fake bomb belts for their kindergarten classes. I mean, come on, so hopefully this is the beginning of some kind of peaceful resolution. I don't know, Mandy. The pastrami sandwich from the Carnegie Deli in New York City the only reason I'll ever set foot in New York again. I got to tell you my New York Deli story. Since you brought it up, I can't tell you exactly what happened. So I was a flight attendant and I had never been to New York City before. I flew on a commercial airline to go for my interview with Delta Airlines to become a flight attendant. I had never been on a commercial airline ever. So I get the job and I find out I have a long layover in New York City, and I am so excited. I am beyond excited. So I get on my crew. I'm a reserve flight attendant, so I don't know the people I'm flying with, and they are like older women who in the business are called slam clickers. Slam Clickers go on a layover and they go to their hotel room slam click and you don't see him again until they come down to check in. The next day slam clickers. They suck anyway, I am by myself. Neither is the flight attendant. I'm flying with one or to go anywhere.
Speaker 5: And I go down to the.
Speaker 4: Lobby bar, because that's where you get all your good intel. From the lobby bar bartender. They always have the best intel. And I say to this bartender, who is mister stereotypical New York right, he's slick back, Harry's got the Italian horn necklace. He is a New Yorker. And I said, look, here's what I want to do. Can you tell me how to ride the subway so I can go do these things? So this is before the Internet. So we whips out a legal pad from behind the bar and dude writes out literal instructions where I go to catch the subway, which train I go, because the first place I wanted at first, I said, I want to go.
Speaker 5: I want to go to a real deli.
Speaker 4: So he sends me to Kats's Deli, which is the other really famous Carnegie's one, Kats This is the other. He sends me to kats Is Deli. And then I said, look, I really want to go to see the Brooklyn Bridge. I want to go to Chinatown. I want to do these things. Dude writes out like a whole page of instructions for me to go sightseeing in New York by myself. It's like ten o'clock in the morning. Okay, she writes all this stuff out, and off I go. First place, I go kats Is Delhi. I order my I sit at the I sit at the counter. I order myself a Cornby sandwich pastrami sandwich. And the guy brings the sandwich and if you've ever seen these sandwiches online, hey, Rod, the meat's like that high. I mean, it's a solid six inches of shaved pastrami. And he drops it in front of me and he turns around to walk away, and I kind of mutter to myself under my breath. I was like, God, how am I supposed to eat this thing? And he's walking away, does not even turn his head. He goes, you put it in your f and mouth and chew.
Speaker 6: Ohly.
Speaker 4: He didn't say ethan, And I was so. I was like, oh, I just had the best New New York experience and.
Speaker 5: The whole day was just fantastic.
Speaker 4: Fast forward. I get back to the hotel. It's like eight o'clock at night at the bar. The bartender and his wife are sitting at the bar. I walk in. He goes, I've been so worried about you. I didn't think you'd be gone this long. He made his wife wait until I came back in the hotel to make sure I was okay, and she was like, can't wait.
Speaker 6: Go now.
Speaker 4: It was so fantastic.
Speaker 7: It sounds great. But what time was the flight, because why did you get back at eight o'clock?
Speaker 4: The flight was in the morning, we landed, we flew Okay, so it was a three day trip. You didn't go party it up in New York City at night, not by myself on my first trip to New York City. No, I'm not going to do that. I had the best day ever. I walked all over that city. I loved it. It was such a great day, just such a great day. And that started it. Anyway, Mandy, will you give me words to encourage my daughter to become a flight attendant. Here's the words to encourage your daughter to become a flight attendant. I dropped out of college to become a flight attendant, and I regret nothing. You know why, because I learned more in the five years that I traveled the world and saw different cultures and met people from all over the planet. On those airplanes, I had conversations with people from parts of the world I had never heard of before. I went to places that I could not wait to go back to again. I went to cities I never want to set foot in again. It was the best life experience I could have possibly given myself. You see the world on someone else's dime, only no one's ever shooting you, right, I mean, when you join the military, you get to see the world on someone else's dime, but somebody could be shooting you at any point.
Speaker 6: Best place you ever went in, the worst place you ever went.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a couple of caveats, because, like I went to Montreal, Canada twice and hated it both times because people in Montreal are so freaking rude. The French speaking Cans are, honest to god, the rudest people I have met.
Speaker 5: On this planet.
Speaker 4: On this planet, but I've heard it's lovely and I'd like to go back and give them another try and see if they're any better. But that, in any case, worst experience I had. I got stuck in Detroit for five days in a snowstorm with no luggage, like, no just my uniform because we were supposed to do a turnaround from Orlando and then got stuck in Detroit. That was pretty miserable. And then some of the best places I've gone. I mean, we used to do a three day layover in Germany where we flew from Orlando to Germany, but there wasn't another flight back right away, so we laid over for three days, so we got to go everywhere. I went all over Germany on the train. That was spectacular, absolutely spectacular. But you know there are places I went. Great Falls, Montana, I'm looking at you. I love the fact that I went there because I got to go to the Sip and Dip. It's a tiki bar underneath the hotel in Great Falls, Montana. Completely unexpected and delightful. So things like that. I would have never gone to Great Falls, Montana in my life, but now I've been. I highly recommend it. If kid is coming out of college, you're not going to make any money. I mean, you have to understand that you're not going to make any money. It does not pay well. What I met people on the airplane that I went and stayed with them at their houses because they invited me. And I mean, hold on, hold on, you want an example, and I'm stop right there.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't go partying in New York City by yourself, but you would stay at the houses of random people you met on the plane.
Speaker 4: But I would just make I would go with someone and I was staying at their house.
Speaker 6: Understand the logic issue.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, Okay, it just felt it was a different time, you know.
Speaker 6: Was like hold on.
Speaker 4: For instance, I met a lovely couple from Calgary, Canada, and the Calgary Stampede was is as still a massive rodeo and a big party, and they said, look, we've got a small guest house. Do you want to stay in the guest house for the Stampede. I was like, that would be fantastic. A ron, Wait, it gets better. So I get a friend of mine and I'm like, okay, we're gonna go and we're gonna stay in their guest house for the Calgary Stampede. They got us tickets to the Calgary Stampede, so I got to go to the rodeo, which was awesome. So we get there, we go to their house, Their guest house is nicer than my house now. It's like three bedroom, four and a half bath. It is absolutely stunning, the nicest house I've ever been in. We stayed in their guest house. Their main house was so far away from the guest house that I never saw it. I never saw it. They took us out to dinner one night for dinner, and that was it. And we stayed there for four days and went to the rodeo and it was spectacular. Nothing bad happened. I didn't die. That's fine.
Speaker 6: Okay, yep, don't give.
Speaker 4: Montreal another chance. They are still rude and it sucks. And the body odor there, guys, geez, Louise, get some loomy put it in pets. I'm talking about the body odor in Montreal, Canada, right right. Ryan Edwards walks in. I say I'm talking about that. He goes, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. The bo in Montreal have of course, as one does.
Speaker 6: It's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, in Montreal it's really annoying because like you'll be in a store and you'll hear the clerk speaking English and then you'll ask them a question and they'll go and you're like, look, jerk, I just freaking heard you talking about something yet like in English.
Speaker 5: That was my experience. I just didn't like it.
Speaker 6: The fresh the French don't like is can fresh.
Speaker 4: Canadian people in France are not nearly that annoying in Paris. They are in France. Okay, France, They're lovely.
Speaker 9: I've been to Paris. So in Paris fine, I mean there's a lot of arrogant mandy.
Speaker 4: The couples that brought you home were trying to ban you, well, none of them did. And that particularly I found out after that when when I got to Canada that a guy you owned a bank in Canada. That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: They had so much money I was talking about.
Speaker 4: When I was a flight attend I'd meet people on the airplane, go stay at their houses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and yet you wouldn't go out in New York City by yourself, but you would do that.
Speaker 4: Take someone with me when I go back and see.
Speaker 7: Totally safety procedures a little out of whack there, are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Your answer is yes, you're still here with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was fine. The only who did it? Did you not watch silence of the layups? It wasn't out yet. Thanks for that, And of course well, you have to understand that. I would also like make them send me a copy of their driver's license, things of that nature.
Speaker 6: There would things I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, we came up with a name for Boe next today.
Speaker 5: By the way, you're welcome on that.
Speaker 6: You came up with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gonna call them the Marshall.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, off the sheriff.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 6: Where's the rank?
Speaker 9: Sheriff would be top right, as far as Marshall would be underneath sheriff, Well, I mean they.
Speaker 4: Do sort of give your Rankinka Marshall has a bigger sort of field area that they're in charge of, you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, a.
Speaker 6: Sheriff is mar Colorado.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so it works, Yeah, I think so. Anyway, you know what time it is now, it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world. It was a different time. It's just a different time. It's fine, it's fine, Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 7: It would not go out in New York City by yourself, but would do that takes the first time.
Speaker 4: And oh, by the way, don't forget tomorrow. Come see us at the corner of Colorado and Yale. We are doing our annual turkey drive for the Food Bank of the Rockies. My show will be there, KOs Sports will be there, so stop by, donate food will be there through a cure QR code presented by Redbird Farms Colorado, BI, GMC Dealers and KOA nine to nine will be out there.
Speaker 5: All right, what is our dad joke of the day? Please, there's a.
Speaker 7: Potato chip truck blocking the highway? Expect anyway?
Speaker 5: What is our our word of the day?
Speaker 4: Is a verb verb obviate, obviate? Yes, I think we've had this and I still don't know what it means. Does obviate mean to make something obvious, to explain or to obviuskate?
Speaker 6: Wait time?
Speaker 3: Is it? Like?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So is it to deflect?
Speaker 3: Kind of?
Speaker 7: To obviate something is to anticipate and prevent it. A formal word, obviate can also mean to make an action unnecessary.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, there's something we learned there there. And Greek mythology, who is the goddess of the hunt and the protector of the natural world? Pretty sure?
Speaker 5: No, I'm pretty sure it's Artemis. Oh okay, I'm pretty sure that.
Speaker 4: Exactly artemist in art. She also has a bow and arrow. She's always got like hunting digs on, always love the name Artemis Here Ryan Edward's Manny Connell? What is Jeopardy category? Playing music for sharks?
Speaker 7: This kid's song by South Korea's educational outfit, Really you don't have a baby shark?
Speaker 6: God? I didn't think it.
Speaker 4: Take that one, Okay, I was waiting.
Speaker 7: Theme was composed by this multiple Ryan Who's John Williams?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: In this number one hit, Bobby Darren saying, oh the shark babe has such teeth.
Speaker 4: Who is Mack the Knife correct?
Speaker 6: This duo's hit man Eater One's I think I know who's holling Oates? Correct?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 6: Is it? Two times?
Speaker 4: Yes? It is too?
Speaker 6: One's bitten twice.
Speaker 7: Shy is a Grammy nominated tune by this hard rock band whose name is a type of shark.
Speaker 6: Ryan oh Man, I think Ryan got it? Bryan Who's Hammerhead?
Speaker 4: Wrong? Because I was you have to say your name?
Speaker 6: You said your name?
Speaker 4: Who is White Tiger? Wrong? The tie break? We go? What was the answer?
Speaker 6: Great White?
Speaker 4: Oh? We just lost our hair band called right there?
Speaker 7: Let's go with on there fast food menu, Okay, Dorito's cheesy Gardida crunch and not Joe for Brian, Who's talk about what Ryan.
Speaker 4: Win's on a taco bell?
Speaker 6: Dang it, it's the best fast food play.
Speaker 4: So what what you missed? Our whole sandwich selection? Oh, my gosh, show thing any what's coming up on k sportest.
Speaker 6: Oh We're gonna have so much fun. We have what yes best, Yes, the best? Yeah, I can't believe you can question that. We have gearabules right off the top of the show, which could.
Speaker 4: Be a lot of his interviews are fantastic.
Speaker 6: Amazing, So excited.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have Shelby Harris on the show, ro Smith and Studio. We have a big show, forget about It's gotta be a big one. Keep it right here on Kaua.