Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show, everybody. This is the Cult of Cryptids, and it is the Cult of Conspiracy and Strange were podcast collaboration and we're throwing it back to an episode where we were pretty liquor up. We did drink pretty heavily on the show for a long time. And this is a fun episode though that we covered about spring Heeled Jack. He is essentially the most handsy cryptid to ever exist. He mostly would pop out of the shadows and grope you if he didn't blow fire in your face first, and then he would jump over very tall objects and walls to escape, almost like he had springs in his shoes. This is a fun time, everybody. We hope you enjoy. Make sure to support the show and give us five star rate reviews and all that good stuff. We would appreciate it. Now, without further ado, let's talk about spring Heeled Jack.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Dahmer soaked in blood, you and Obomber blowing up Waco, Texas and Heaven's Games and the Helius Modify and Ben from Apes Hitler fixed his death and then escaped. Bigot and the moth Man, Son of Sam talking to talk again. Witches don't complins, the mysterious noise and hauntings, dark guards, and the scull and bones most of them. He's a probably loan So when you're feeling all alone, grabbing beer and get stone a. Welcome you to the podcast, trains crew, What are here to entertain you?
Speaker 3: You it's about us.
Speaker 4: Dogs can't perform MRIs, but Pat scam.
Speaker 1: You can't always get the side. Hilarious, Billy hilarious. Yes, welcome, we fucked up. Welcome to the podcast. We are actually doing a live stream and Billy's basement to twitch, kind of just to test the waters on some things. But yeah, I am one of your hosts, Tom kat Ak, Tom Thompson AKA the Reptilian AKA I gave myself this name. I don't know why, but I'm what did I call myself? I've been calling myself like Dingery, dungaroo or something like that, something something stupid. I've said it a lot. I know. I don't want to grow up. No, tell the people from Arkansas to grow up.
Speaker 3: Grow up?
Speaker 1: And who else do we have in the house?
Speaker 3: Do the thing, do the weird thing?
Speaker 1: Do the weird thing?
Speaker 3: Come on today? Billy?
Speaker 4: I think that's what I started doing that When I started saying how to people like what's your name? To Villa, Jason be like, but here's a bill, Billy.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're gonna talk about the most rapey cryptid there is. His name is spring hil Jack.
Speaker 3: Isn't there a murderer that actually went by the name spring Hill Jack?
Speaker 1: No, that is Jack the Ripper.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like there is. I feel like there is one. I feel like we've talked about him too. Scary movie.
Speaker 1: No, that's the original Exorcist, really.
Speaker 3: Scary movie.
Speaker 1: Ones like, is that really in the movie? And I was like, yeah, the movie was fucked because we want to talk about the Exorcisms. That's fucking real man. The movie and the phenomenon of that movie fucking keeps Exorcism going. Yes, Billy is oh yeah, I gotta said what we're drinking even though Billy doesn't like it. I have an assortment of beers. I have one of my favorites. It's called the Zodiac or the Zodiac. It's got all these trippy.
Speaker 3: I want one one person. I want one person.
Speaker 1: To call the mad Tom. I got to call the Mad Tim.
Speaker 4: I want one person to go oh my, and not as a joke, but genuinely be like, you know what, this podcast wouldn't be the same if I didn't know what type of beer you were drinking?
Speaker 3: Can I I need to know?
Speaker 1: Fans realistically? Do you like that I mentioned what we drink, especially if listening to an audio you don't know, you.
Speaker 3: Could just say beer or rye done? Yeah, You're always like and then this assessment of a panic gage this is how.
Speaker 1: I I hopefully get a beer sponsor. One day I was talking to Anton about that, how we can try to get like we need a sponsor, Like even a weed sponsor would be awesome because other like you don't smoke, but I smoke, Anton smokes.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, that'd be awesome for everybody else. Fantastic Billy.
Speaker 1: It would be you have to get a sponsor that is going to actually sponsor us because a lot of companies probably wouldn't consider some of the things we say.
Speaker 3: And we talked about that before.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm pretty sure I remember I went a little kick on doing random Ass for Random Ass Ship. It was like the NonStop I did one for four local ones. I'm like, I think four loco would like this.
Speaker 1: I keep saying that I think the Flying Monkey Monkey should sponsor us considering their sales in Sparkle Puff went fucking out the roof. I saw it. It's like ever since strange brow podcasts.
Speaker 3: They're talking about historical puff.
Speaker 1: So what so spring heel Jack is an entity in English folklore of the Victorian eraror what do you think about the Victorian era billy? What does it make you think of?
Speaker 4: I think I like the the fucking what's that movie called the Four Kids walk around and crowbars and masks and rob people.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you talking about fucking clock recres.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: That is from the fucking seventies.
Speaker 3: No, but that's what I think that. Well, they were obviously they weren't.
Speaker 1: Think of Maria Antoinette, thinking of like big ass white wigs and.
Speaker 5: Oh we're talking about like out like I airror my god, no, like where women wearing.
Speaker 2: Those tight ass corset they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Really fucking breathe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck, it.
Speaker 1: Crushed the ribs. But it reminds me of that time where it's just like there's there's the rich and the people that you know are eating their cake and their nice food, and there's the poor people where like Johnny's like delivering the paper and then fucking a piss bucket gets thrown at them by accident. It's like so saw it. It was just empting out my piss bucket.
Speaker 4: My pist bucket is green, yours is only yellow because you're stupid.
Speaker 1: So it's obviously a crazy time in this air, right, there's poor and there's rich.
Speaker 4: It's like the piss buckets like for the rich forre like actual like when you go to the dollar store now, like those mop buckets and like the pores how to use like refried bean cans.
Speaker 1: And just constantly throw them out the window.
Speaker 4: My piss bucket can hold three hundred pisses. Your piss bucket can only hold three fucking iPhone one loser.
Speaker 1: So in this time, eir is, you know, it's it's a bad time for poor people. There's division of poor and rich, and it's gonna happen again because every so often in history it says it's called a peasants revolt happens where people start to realize that people like Jeff Bezos and all these fucking other assholes like Bill Gates and governments are hoarding money.
Speaker 3: You know, you'll love You'll love this. This is actually blew my fucking mind. I learned this today too.
Speaker 4: I forget what the I fucking just learned literally today and already forget the terminology. But there's there's a term for when like a superpower of the world changes hands to it from one country to another, like currently, right now, US is the superpower of the world.
Speaker 3: They are, whether you like it or not, they are.
Speaker 4: But China is that, That's what I'm saying, Like, that's what And in history, every single time a superpower has changed hands, uh, it turns out that just by so coincidence, that majority of the population is having a problem with gender. So, whether it be they hated female when it was China and they started killing all the women, whether it be in Russian, Yeah, it's usually direct towards women. But it's just funny enough that now it's become a point because like once people are once all of your people are fed their clothes, you start running out of things to fucking argue about.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 3: And it's funny enough. It's funny enough that once it starts going to do.
Speaker 1: That male, I'm a male, I'm a I'm a male. Female whatever.
Speaker 4: But it's just kind of funny that like that almost is like the turning point in history. It's like every time a superpower has changed hands, it's become like a big like gender issue, whether it be like whatever it was killed a women or like this is the first time it's I'm a man, I want to be a woman. But there's not fucking nuts like like China. China's obviously do up here. There's no fucking way They're not going to be a new superpower.
Speaker 3: But isn't that cool though? Is that cool to think about?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say that, uh, you know that this is going to happen in history, but the people's revolt what happens. People are waking up either way with what the buck's going on. I'm not going to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Or you can just make go make money yourself.
Speaker 1: Well that's fine, But the thing is, there's a thing about hoarding money that even average jobs and shit like that. Billy, Okay, you're gonna be rich, we get it. But it's just the fact that things are gonna fucking happen in the next couple of years that will change the course of history. I fucking highly believe and Uh, we'll get into a our of conspiracy episode because China is making their way into every backyard in every country, and.
Speaker 4: It's every backyard in a wake up one day and be like, what'd you do in here, China?
Speaker 3: And be like, greats your backyard night.
Speaker 1: He's a video of fucking Trudeau. I posted. Someone's like, what the fuck? First I noticed the little arm behind him, and then I know it's a little Asian man behind him during a conference where he's talking about everybody's got got the shape, blah bah blah. Right, there's a fucking arm and he's like in front of you can tell it's front of a green screen, like it looks like he's outside, but the green screen technology to have is incredible, and his arm just appears behind his back and this little Asian man just kind of pokes out the side of his fucking like on his shoulder. No fuck, no, I cant show the video. It's fucking weird as shit. So essentially we are talking about the most rapeious cryptid and the The first claim sighting of Springhill Jack was in eighteen thirty seven. Later sightings report all over Great Britain and were prevalent in the suburb of London and the Midlands in Scotland. There are many different theories about the nature and the identity of Springhill Jack. The urban legend was very popular in its time do the tales of bizarre appearances and ability to make extraordinary leaps to the point where he became the topic of several works of fiction.
Speaker 3: I wonder, like, yeah, i'll word of mouth too, right. I wonder what the actual story was.
Speaker 4: That always blows my mind when you're talking about something like so far back, like where it wasn't like obviously, like.
Speaker 3: It's not like one news article everybody read. It's like this person or from this person.
Speaker 4: It's like the original story was like, yo, it was a creepy dude in my backyard.
Speaker 3: And now the story is like and he had seventeen holes.
Speaker 1: So Springhiel Jack was described by people who claim to have seen him as a terrifying and frightful appearance, with diabolical, clawed hands and a weird facade in eyes that resemble red balls of.
Speaker 3: Fire ballsy fires.
Speaker 1: One report claimed that beneath a black coke, he wore cloak. You wore a black cloak.
Speaker 3: Well heath that dark can of coca Cola.
Speaker 1: He wore a helmet and a tight fitting white garment like oil skin. I don't know what oil skin is, but m latex, that's what they're basically saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should I.
Speaker 1: It's just like the mad gas I me and Anton talked about. He had a hat, a tight black suit, and you wore high heels. Maybe this is spring heel jack but he forgot his springs. He's like, my heels aren't spratted. And then inspector game, Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. I was the researching this. I was like, it's kind of like his little boots that he has in the movie where he fucking started jumping, and he.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say, if you thought you had your springy heels on, but you don't.
Speaker 3: You just did a jump in the.
Speaker 4: Heel snap you broke your ankle because you're a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: No you don't like that, okay. Ah.
Speaker 1: So many stories also mentioned a devil like aspect and this person of like how he's a demon or a devil. Others said he was tall and thin, he had blonde hair with big, bulshing eyes just joking.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was tall and thin and with an appearance of a gentleman. So he it's it's just funny. His name is Jack. Other than he wears like a helmet, I think with like a Bobby type helmet, you know what I mean. He kind of reminds me of like he's like he's like the rapee cryptid of Jack the Ripper. He's a gentleman. He dresses all nice in a cloak. He has his weird hat on. He says claws for hands and he uh, it's kind of ray pie.
Speaker 3: He's handsy. He's just handsy.
Speaker 1: We'll get into how handsy he is. And there are several.
Speaker 3: Reports to destroy his legacy.
Speaker 1: There's several reports that mentioned he could breathe out blue and white flames, and that he wore a sharp He wore sharp mettaw, claws, fingertips. There's theories that he had claus like there's there's people that claim that he had claws, and there's people that say that it was like a glove or he wore like really long stripper nails that were made out of metal them democrylics. So at least two people claim that he was able to speak at least they could comprehend and listen to what he said in English. So he wasn't English. What do you think spring Hiel jacksonund like he wasn't English or he was he was English English.
Speaker 4: Yes, he spoke English, but but he probably didn't go to like public schooling.
Speaker 1: But he's he's intelligent to an extent. He's a gentleman. Do you think he sounds like he's from Britain?
Speaker 3: Bro I'm sorry, I got okay, Sorry, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: That's what they say. They walk around, they're like part off. I just went to the toof stock these guys.
Speaker 1: Fuck you're Back in the early nineteenth century, there were reports of ghost that stock the streets of London. These human like figures were described as pale and it was believed that they stalked and prayed on lone pedestrians. Uh more or less.
Speaker 3: I mean they're just trying to walk to and from work, the people alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they know what happens when girls do that.
Speaker 3: The lonely high.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a big march. Gotta have a big march to make sure that we take back the night because the knight can't touch us anymore. We're all together.
Speaker 3: Oh fucking that guy's got a gun. Relax.
Speaker 1: You know what that is, right? Yeah, we take back My girlfriend's mom does that. So because she works, should I say that she should? She works at abuse. She's a head director at like a women's abuse shelter.
Speaker 4: It's funny though, like, yeah, you're not really taking back the night if you're marching together, unless you're doing that every night, which in case is consuming your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but walk alone and yeah say back the night.
Speaker 1: In the nineties when fucking Paul Bernard was a Scarborough rapist, if you have I heard one time that some chick got raped by a bus stop, I'd be walking around with a knife and a fucking claws from hands like a wolverine, like spring Hill Jack. Just in case you never know?
Speaker 3: Man, you that weird kid on the bus. It's like I'm Superman.
Speaker 1: So like the story is told of these figures, it kind of like it formed a part of a district ghost tradition in London, which rites which some writers have argued formed the foundation of later legends of spring Hill Jack. The most important of the early entries was from hammer Smith Ghost, which in eighth which in eighteen oh three and eighteen oh four was reported in him Hammersmith on a western fringes of like how the hammer smith ghost because there's on the fringes of this part of London.
Speaker 3: Fucking you guys are fucking original, No.
Speaker 1: They are because literally, you know what happened in Hammersmith back in the day, right, especially at this time, got a fucking heavy cocks. No, they made fucking shit. There was blacksmiths and people that hit shit with hammers. And they're like, hey, there's a lot of people making like weapons and you know, stuff out of metal and they're forging stuff. That's a blacksmith. And I hear all the time, and I walked through here, I always hear tang tang tang. That's still a blacksmith. Blacksmith's still hit but he's got a hammer in his hand. So what should we call this place? Oh, hammer smith sounds great.
Speaker 3: Blacksmith use hammers, I know.
Speaker 1: So they're like, this guy's a blacksmith and he's using a hammer, hammersmith. It's just what, Yeah, do you know fucking what the origins of our last name? Because you know that when when people are named Smith is because they were a blacksmith and that they were just like John the Blacksmith, and then eventually they got a last name and they was Smith. And then they carried on literally how names started. I looked up what a apprentice means to my original and not Thompson.
Speaker 3: You're the guy that never really learned. Yeah, an apprentice it is.
Speaker 1: And it's like, fucking strange, man, that is strange.
Speaker 3: You're fucking nube.
Speaker 1: It would later reappear this this entity in eighteen twenty four. Another apparition in the Southampton they called the Southampton Ghost, was reported as assaulting individuals in the night, and in particular, spirit bore many of character The Spirit boar many of the characteristics of springhiel jack and was reported as jumping over houses and being ten feet tall.
Speaker 3: Yo tight.
Speaker 4: Ten feet tall is not tall enough to jump over a house, but he's spring heeled.
Speaker 3: I don't fucking care.
Speaker 1: He is Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually he's Michael Jordan's space jam Maybe.
Speaker 1: Imagine English yoo ming is kind of and even taller is what this guy is.
Speaker 3: But he's a genti English. He's a rapee gentleman.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he like he's got it, says he leaps, so he's got like springs attached to his shoes.
Speaker 3: Or body's fucking cat, they're just beast.
Speaker 1: Or he's like, you know, he's like elastic legs where he just like stretches over houses.
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, he's only ten Well is this how was he jumping on? He's ten feet? What is his legs stretch to like seventy feet?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a reptilian because reptilians are twelve to ten to twelve feet supposably supposably.
Speaker 3: Bingo, okay, yeah, no shit, I forgot about that.
Speaker 6: The first I hear you acknowledge it to The first alleged sightings of spring Hill Jack were made in London at eighteen thirty seven and the last report science in most of the secondary literature, essentially people that wrote books about spring Hill Jack had maybe been in Liverpool.
Speaker 1: In nineteen oh four who knows corna much later accounts in October eighteen thirty seven, a girl named Mary Stevens was walking to Lavender Hill.
Speaker 3: Oh not Mary, Mary, No, Well.
Speaker 1: They see there's all these stories people have wrote about these different ghosts about in this different area of this prowler that is in the nights and a south swimming and it's.
Speaker 3: Super easy to fucking move. I bet you just put up your little fucking carboard box for sale. Got a new carb box in downtown.
Speaker 1: I was like, is the Victorian age right? Because we were supposed to technically, which is weird. We're supposed to start getting into Jack the Ripper, but things different just because of weekends recording, because that's gonna be a two parter. It's funny how we gotten a spring wheel Jack instead. And I was watching from Hell, which is based loosely on a com book written about Jack the Ripper, Okay, and the time and error. It's just like, man, there was especially in some parts of London, there is prostitutes everywhere. It is really poor. There's the rich, and like even how they're talking about how people were fed grapes. They get how they were in this and uh version of it. When the women they get they get offered grapes by Jack the Ripper and then like whole grapes. I haven't had a grape in a fourth night, and they're like grapes and they fucking eat grapes, and like because poor people couldn't afford grapes, isn't that weird? It's like certain certain luxuries. That's why it's the whole thing about like when there was a whole revolt against Mary Mary Antoinette, and the whole the whole saying of let them make cake, because if you can let them consume and you give them something that they want that they don't normally have, they'll be like, all right, we're gonna forget all about storming the castle. She's given us cake. I've got cake in fucking six years. All right, let's bring on the cake. It depends on the flavor for my birthdays. It passed recently. I got an ice cream cake. Man, fucking good ship. So according to so she was, she was walking down Lavender Hill where she was working as a servant, so she doesn't have the greatest job. And after visiting her jar benefits in Battersey, on her way through chapin Common, chapin Common, a strange figure leap from a dark alley after immobilizing her with a tight grip of his arms. So he kind of like hugged her real in mobilization and he began to kiss her face. Oh he was just fucking going for it well, ripping her clothes and touching her flesh with his claws.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, he's horny.
Speaker 1: Which according to her, were cold and clammy as those of a corpse.
Speaker 3: It's claws like they're not warm to the touch, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: But that's why some people claim it's claws, and then some people claim it's metallic things that he has on his fingers.
Speaker 3: Either way, that's not that's not usually a warm material.
Speaker 1: You ever, you ever? You know, you know nimer Elm Street, you know in the Frey versus Jason remember that movie. Ye remember he's like trying to go up for dress with the fucking like bro. That's not going to feel good for anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe she's into it. You people enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Stayed the masochism to be into that.
Speaker 4: I know, those people in a weird ship than the guys that fucking liked being fucking well. They're fucking people like someone just smacking their balls with like a baseball bat.
Speaker 1: That's really weird. That there's fucking porn things of like them kicking guys in the nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking come over it.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 4: And I wonder they're coming out of excitement or if it literally got pushed out of their deck.
Speaker 1: I know a dude in Paris and uh, I can never remember his name, but he's like he had he pierced his own dick when he was like I don't fucking know, like fourteen or fifteen, did he show you? No, you just always talking about it. I think you showed like holding in Austin these kids that we grew up with, but I never saw this kid was weird kind of he's like a really emo. He told us, No, it wasn't he was a kid weirder because it must have been. Because I don't remember this kid name. I remember she bez saying that he likes to play with blood, because this kid would tell us that I said this on another podcast actually recently something he would tell us, Yeah, he's look, that's my fet and she's like, I got to see blood and like, you know, cool wrists, look a little little little looky, looky. I it's fucking weird man playing blood plays a fucking weird weird weird yea strange, you might say. In a panic. The girl screamed after she was attacked by spring Hill Jack, making the attacker quickly flee from the scene. Several residents immediately lost into his search for the aggressor, but he could not be found. This guy came out of fucking nowhere and he had his fucking claws and he started touching my titties and I was like, Jesus fucking he bear hugged me first, and he's like a little slip of the nipple. It's like that's not good.
Speaker 4: Good on, like good on the people that were actually like good men back then, where is.
Speaker 3: This fucking guy?
Speaker 1: And they get like you, uh, you know how hard.
Speaker 3: That would be?
Speaker 4: And honestly, like everybody can like kind of actually take the sin is in a sense where like how good would you actually be if you're pretty sure you had no consequences, Like you could just literally live your life with no consequences, you'd be a piece of shit. I know most of you would be, yeah, must be pieces of shit.
Speaker 1: And back then, you are right that back then.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean, Like, who's gonna fucking find you like change your clothes And it's like they could be talking you'd be like did you see somebody with like very long talents and be like I didn't know.
Speaker 1: And there's and there's at the time, it's fucking England there's Bobby's. They're run around with their fucking little weird helmets, like he's got to spring your Jack's got a helmet, But I picture his helmet what he wears, and what I've seen from depictions of spring hil Jack is it's like a Bobby cap. So I think there is U talks that he is probably maybe a cop or something like that, but the cops are just running around. It always reminds me of this old timey cartoons. So the cops trying to figure out who's done what they're like knocking. So the next day, the leaping character is said to have chosen a very different victim.
Speaker 3: Near him, a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know. It wasn't near Mary Stevens home. Uh, you know, he did the same method. He kind of reappeared and then later reports he jumped in the way of a passing carriage, causing the coachman to lose control and crash and severely injured himself. Damn, So he appeared, this coachman saw him. He wasn't doing his old uh touch a touch of the titty and then run away or scoop a little finger, and uh, he jumped and there's several witnesses. Several witnesses claimed that he jumped over nine feet high a nine feet high wall. He jumped over a nine ft ten Yeah, you're high, okay, and it's it's funny, and brackets two point seven meters uh, crackling with a high pitched laughter, high pitched ringing laughter as he jumped over it. What do you think he laughed like a high pitched that's actually pretty. It's like high pitched the dudes on what the fuck? Ah right, we didn't mention that for the So yeah, upstairs is two fucking vegabonds that are fucking vagabonds, vegabonds that are fucking on mushrooms. So knows what they're going through right now. Gradually, the news of the strange character spread, and soon the press and the public gave him the name spring Hill Jack. A few months later, after sightings on the ninth of January in eighteen thirty eight, the Lord Mayor of London, sud John Cowan revealed at the public session held in a mansion in the mansion house anonymous complaint that he had received several days earlier, which he had within hope of obtaining further information The correspondent who signed a letter resident of Peckham wrote, it appeals that some individual had laid away Joe with a mischievous and full hotey companion, that he dust dust not take upon himself the task of visiting many of the villages near London and three different disguises a ghost, a ba, and a devil and not a not the not the bear from the gay community. That'd be funny.
Speaker 3: I tacked.
Speaker 1: Whatever I can now, I can all we We've had a black guy in the podcast Alex Semi Black Anton's Gay Wan's Puerto Rican. You're Mexican technically, and I'm a pure white bread fucking German and Irish. Fuck so and then purebred that was bad and then uh and then you know, I said, what we need is an Asian in a bank and ever read I can't actually you trying to say it and that will be fine. And I'm just fucking joking for everybody. So this guy claims that it was like that there's story circulating of a ghost, a bear or a devil, and moreo that he never entered a gentleman's garden for the purpose of alarming the inmates of the house. The wager, however, has been accepted, and the unmanly villain has succeeded in his depriving several ladies of their senses, to whom were never who most likely will never recover because they're burdens to their family.
Speaker 3: Now, oh that's sad.
Speaker 1: They got fucking essentially groped in, molested, molested.
Speaker 3: But you imagine getting raped.
Speaker 4: And then your family is like, you're kind of garbage, Like, oh damn.
Speaker 1: You're annoying me. But all these comments are making I know that you think every man is rapist, but that can't be true.
Speaker 3: It's your dad.
Speaker 4: To more or less meant like they're not mentally stable anymore.
Speaker 3: So they're like, Wow, you're fucking annoying to be around. I saw a man.
Speaker 1: I saw a man. He said, I hate my name is that spin here Jack?
Speaker 3: And he blew away, and then he flew on his springs, so.
Speaker 1: Uh and at uh strange per at one house, at one house, the man rang the bell, and on the southern coming to the door the worst. Then the brute stood in no less dreadful figure than a specter, and clad most perfectly. The consequences was that of a poor girl and merely being swooped and never from the moment, she has never been to her senses coma. So I don't know what. Oh he swooned, he swomed, so he fucked her. He fucking touched her, That's what he did. I'm gonna google what fucking swooned means.
Speaker 4: I thought swooned meant like you you flirted like. I thought that was like, oh, he swooned me over, he like he won me over. I thought that's the swoon men.
Speaker 1: He's not wearing anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but that clearly now that I'm wrong. I just I thought that's what it meant.
Speaker 1: Oh faint from extreme emotion.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Okay, I'm kind of right.
Speaker 4: She saw this man he was swooned by like he's like, oh yeah, I know, but her emotion was fear, not love.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm still technically right.
Speaker 1: Okay, could you love a man that could leap so high?
Speaker 3: Yo? I fucking leaped so hot to the guy? Koby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bressed in pieces. I'm just joking. He was wasn't he rapist or sign? Didn't he touch? Somebody did something bad?
Speaker 3: Toby did something bad? I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: Was he touched a fifteen year old girl or some shit.
Speaker 3: I think he did rape somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't give a ship man anymore. I don't care what you think. If you enjoy this podcast, we love you. But if you're new, fuck good, go to hell. We don't know, we haven't no hell uh. The affair the has been now going on for quite some time. And okay, so she was soon she was no just his character and a strange to say strange. The papers are still silent on the subject. The writer has no reason to believe that they have the whole history at their finger ends. The fingertips the finger finger ends, but through interesting motives induced and remains silence. Obviously, they're talking in nice old fucking like supposed to be clever language. So though the Lord Mayor seemed fairly skeptical, a member of the audience confirm at the servant girl about Kingston and the Hammersmith and Irling tell dreadful stories, all these these different places of this ghost or devil. The matter was reported in Times on the ninth of January, another National paper on the tenth of January, and another the day after that. They're talking about spring hel like.
Speaker 4: You know what, we're out of story. Yeah, this is her only stories. Not too many people come up with stories. And I'm sick of hearing about how Carol's fucking raspberries on growing his death.
Speaker 1: She thinks they should, Well, this fucked a cat and we couldn't really do that. That wasn't as interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what you meant to bleep out that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that, you know, we all hear it ends up having the cat, and and we hear in every town. I was like, even talking to my uh no, Wed, yeah we did. There was a kid that supposed to rape a cat.
Speaker 3: My fucking he was my age. It's not my friend, but he was a good kid. He didn't find.
Speaker 1: Oh we have a different We had a differ kid. And I know where they lived in Paris, the poorest place you could imagine. Uh yeah, and the everyone had the story the same as. I was talking to fucking supervisor work and he's like, yeah, we had the story with this girl that stuffed the hot dogs. And I was like, yeah, I knew that girl, Becca, and it's like her name was Becca. I was like, it's every town has a fucking chick that shoves hot dogs and her vagina and then it broke off and she had to go to the hospital. Everyone in Paris wores his becka chick and uh so the Lord Mayor showed a crowded gathering a pile of letters from various places around London complaining of similar wicked pranks. They're only pranks because you only got best scially back there, Like you touched your tit, did you grab your ass?
Speaker 3: It's a prank. He didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Almost guy does that every fucking Friday. Man walking by. You're like, Jesus fuck again. Why you always hear bro it's Friday. I know all the school girls get out of the school at this time. The quantity of letters then poured into the mansion, how suggested that stories were widespread in the suburban of London, and one writer said of several young women in Hammersmith that have been frightened into dangerous fits. It's just they're frightened into literally a fit where they're like, oh, nothing can calm me, and they're freaking out because they got growned by some weird demon creature and they were supposed to. Some of them were severely wounded by a sort of claw of the miscreant that he wore in his hand. He's repping the Freddie fucking glove before Freddy was even a thing.
Speaker 3: Bro, he probably is the Freddie glove. That's probably where the Freddy glove came from.
Speaker 1: No, Actually, Wes Craven, as strange as it is, had nightmares that that, and then that.
Speaker 3: Probably he keeps fucking coming up with characters like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, hills have eyes. There's a bunch of like fucking hillbillies living in the fucking hills that rape and kill people.
Speaker 4: Another correspondent they see and make them go blind.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of ship he has. Uh, people on the stairs? Great movie. Black kid breaks into a fucking home and there's this very leather bound man that loves to wear leather and hunts down people on the every Have you ever seen people.
Speaker 3: On the stairs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What an original fucking name too. I just know that movie is not that good.
Speaker 1: Often, Oh it is great. It's a great horror movie. So this like these these of course they're black, but this this older gim because they break into a house and they wanted to steal out under the gods, because black people steal according to the world anyways, So and they break in. Yeah, And then is that the new words you learn this week? Gaslighting? I just fucking yeah, And especially they break in and they finally, this is a weird mentioned this girls being like their daughter is kind of essentially held captive, and every they try to make her have a good boyfriend essentially, and then every boyfriend she has they don't like. They keep in the basement and they're all like behind the walls and ship it's fucked up. Yeah, they cut out one of the guy's tongues and.
Speaker 3: He broke out.
Speaker 4: And when check probably sometimes chick probably keeps bringing home bad dudes because they're like everybody leaves, like anybody that gives attention to her, She's like, oh my god, you're my favorite commure.
Speaker 1: You want to watch her with me?
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's actually it sounds of cool.
Speaker 1: So another correspondent claim that in Stockwell, in Brixton, uh Chamberwell and Vuxhall, several people had died of fright and others had fits. Meanwhile, other reports that a trickster had been repeatedly seen in lewis Ham and Blackheath. The Lord Mayor himself was in two minds after the affair. He thought two different things he thought, this is the greatest exaggerations that have been ever made, or quite possibly the ghost that performs feats of if he's the devil upon earth. But on the other hand, someone he trusted had told him of a servant girl at Forest Hill who had been scaring the fits by a figure in bear skin. He confided that the person or persons involved in this weird phenomenon display would be caught and punished. He was out for the fucking rapee guy. The police were instructed a search for individuals responsible and a reward would be offered. So they're they're looking out for Jack. They're they're looking for him. They probably won't find him, but they're looking.
Speaker 3: And even if they do find him, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Put him in jail? They had jail back then.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you can find him, you ain't gonna catch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna jump really high.
Speaker 3: Ye fuck you gone.
Speaker 4: But he's in fucking Montana now, he's just here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Particular report from Brighton, which appears in the Gazette, obviously a nice paper in fourteen April. In April fourteenth, eighteen thirty eight, expedition of the Times They did report him in mainstream news many times, and related to how a gardener in rose Hill, Sussex, had been terrified by a creature of unknown nature. The Times wrote, spring Hill Jack, it seems, found his way to Sussex coast. Even through the reports bore the little resemblance of other accounts of Jack. So it's just like they're like, maybe he came here. Maybe it was just a fucking creeper. Who knows.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: The internet occurred on April of thirteenth, and when he appeared to the garden in the shape of a bear or some other four footed animal, so that people are saying bears, saying ghosts, and they're saying devils. Having attracted the garden's attention by a ground, He's like, I know it's a little late to be gardening, but I gotta get my ship done. These guys the clippers is clipping along. I don't know how. I guess they have clippers. Back then, the fucking the blacksmith would make it clipping around the bushes. And then he was that's weird looks around. It's like springheal Jack goes out of fucking nowhere and do you wonder if he grabbed his dick. He's like he likes touching people. He's like, he's like, he kind of grabbed my balls, and I felt that.
Speaker 4: My assho when I was like, I just didn't want to admit I liked it, but.
Speaker 1: I liked it A terrifying gardener, and the apparition scaled the walls and made its exit. Perhaps the best known or alleged engine involved spring hil jacked, where attack on two teenage girls. Lucy Scales I know and Jane al saw Austin. Jane Alsop, I can't be how you pronounce that a L s Op? Maybe stop Alsop? So stop Lucy Scales?
Speaker 3: Lucy Scales Scales on her?
Speaker 1: Wow? Well? A few reports appear in relation to the attack on Scales. The press coverage of the two attacks help raise the profile of spring Hill jack. So let's get into the Lsop case. Jane Alsop reported on the night of nineteenth February eighteen thirty eight, she answered the door of her father's house to a man claiming to be a police officer. Hello, alrighty toy, I am a police officer. I am here to check your premises. I hear I have a man who can jump very high.
Speaker 3: It's like, all right, can you jump high? An eye into my Juliet balcony.
Speaker 1: Who told her uh to bring a light, claiming we have.
Speaker 3: Caps spring heeled jack here in the lane.
Speaker 1: So the coppers are like here but that guy? Do you hear about? Team?
Speaker 3: Can? I actually? Can I backtrack for a second.
Speaker 4: I can you imagine like a day in an era where like if you could jump high like people were horny and be like you dunk of basketball. All the girls are just sitting there fucking figure banging themselves like oh.
Speaker 3: I sleep, fucking slam that shit.
Speaker 1: In Canada, we have these commercials. We used to have these commercials and Billy remember them. It was called Heritage or something like that. I want fucking anyone of that's Canadian to remember this. Bring it back to the times of a guad TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, exactly weird.
Speaker 1: And they'd always do these things of like Terry Fox ran and blah blah blah. It's like things to do with Canadian history. And the one was the first time some bunch of fucking not very tall white dudes playing around and playing around the basketball and they keep shooting it in the hoop, but it was basket and every time this old man had to come up and then poke a stick to fucking get the ball out, so they would shoot the basketball into a basket. Essentially, it was just a ball that could kind of bounce, and then every time fucking old man Jim had to go and fucking pop the basketball. So one guy's like, maybe we should cut a hole in it. Yeah, And then that's how basketball was forming. If you didn't fucking know, basketball comes from the Great Land of Canada and the Great White North, you know what.
Speaker 4: I guess the only Canadians have be mad at this. I'm sure Americans have said this forever. But I've had my beef with Helen Kellener.
Speaker 7: I've had my beef with a lot of fucking uh beef that none of that shit's fucking real anyways, but uh, she did not fucking write books.
Speaker 3: Fuck off.
Speaker 4: But anyways, Uh, I think I cut deep with Terry Foxed.
Speaker 1: I know how often I do a very good Terry fox run, and I do it at work all the time, Like I don't want to get up, but I make my one leg super fucking straight, and then I just fucking and like even my boss was like, came out the office when he's like, what the fuck are you doing? I was like, I'm Terry Fox. It's like shit shaking his head like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: No, But I was thinking, like, do you think it would be easier to run that far because your one leg doesn't not muscles in it?
Speaker 1: No, it would be harder if you had the two metal legs. You ever hear Kat Williams joke about ting ting yet.
Speaker 3: Jeffer's jokes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Cat Williams did it way better that I know. Cat Williams was the king of comedy until the Illuminati got him because when he filmed Scary Movie five, he literally said the Illuminati was trying to take his kids away from him. They're fucking with him. And guess what, guess we don't hear from anymore Katways, as you could say, he's an alcoholic and he's fucking done too many drugs and maybe his brain's a little fucked, but he was. He was bigger and better than Kevin Hart. Fucking years ago. He was the best most paid, highest paid comedian next to Dave Chappelle at a time. And I love Katwaiams. He talks about the fucking one joke where it's like the fastest runner, you beat all the guys on like real legs, like human legs and human legs, not not robot legs. But thing was like, here comes ting ting ting ting ting ting ting ting ting hilarious.
Speaker 4: But the whole thing is like, if you're running and you have one, like I have both my real legs, I don't know, but don't if you're running people, but do you think of it be easier because like now you're no, because you're only getting exhausted from one actual leg.
Speaker 3: The other one is just kind of like a wooden block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually all your muscle and memory into Yeah, you can learn how to walk on it. But ting Ting did really well. So why don't Chelsea's favorite stand ups special?
Speaker 4: He shot her through the fucking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that's not the same guy.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought, so, yeah, that is the same guy. That is the exact same guy, the Olympian. Yeah, he shot her through the bathroom door. And Jim Jefferies does his skin and he's like, you know how damasculating that is, because like he's like he's probably the only fucking man on this entire earth that couldn't kick that little door lock. It sounds, it sounds really, so he shot her through the fucking door.
Speaker 1: Should we uh? Should we? Should we do an episode on disabled killers because a guy named the there's a guy, a kid named a lobster boy and he was like a sideshow freak and uh, he killed a bunch of people.
Speaker 3: Oh really, probably should we.
Speaker 1: Get into it without offend people? Should we do it just because we get fact? But I guess it happened.
Speaker 3: People that aren't disabled also kill people.
Speaker 1: So he showed up and he's like, we've caught spring Hill Jack. And you know, he approaches the women's and it's like he's like, all right, all right, And she brought the candle and she's like, you know, she brought the personal care and I need light.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 1: You know he's out there. I saw him, okay, got him cornered and uh and then she noticed he wore a large cloak. The moment she handed in the candle, however, he threw off his cloak and presented a hideous, frightful appearance, vomiting blue and white flames from his mouth while his eyes resembled.
Speaker 3: Great big bowls of fire. Smell the fuckers a dragon. They've been watching too much Harry Potter back in the eight.
Speaker 1: So that's fucking crazy. Meanwhile, he's just like, yeah, I got a mouthful a look scaring people.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: But miss uh ossell Up reported that he also wore a large helmet and that his clothes, which appeared very tight fitting. So he's wearing spandex yes.
Speaker 3: All Lulu lemon and its finest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, resembling a white oilskin. Without saying a word, he caught hold of her and began tearing her grain or her gownge.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, tearing her gown.
Speaker 1: Jesus with his clause, he's like a sadistic Freddy Krueger, which he's already a sadistic so well, she said, we're certain certainly made of a metallic substance. Somebody saw this numerous times and thought it was claused. There was a metallic something. She screamed for help pa and managed to get away from him and ran towards the house. He caught her on one step and tore her neck and arms with his claws, and she was rescued by one of her sisters, and he fled. The assailant fled another girl.
Speaker 3: I can't take two of them.
Speaker 1: So uh so you want to get into scales case.
Speaker 4: Scales case, let's go fucking Shelby scaleyse garbage.
Speaker 3: What's her name again?
Speaker 1: Lucy so on the twenty eighth, February nine, eighteen thirty eight, nine days after the attack, or miss aslop.
Speaker 3: Fucking ashlop no al slap.
Speaker 1: Or al slope or whatever the fuck I said? Eighteen year old? Eighteen year old? He likes them young, she's of age. Leaving alone Lucy Scalees and her sister returning home after visiting their brother, a butcher who lived in a respectable part of Limehouse. The names of your guys, city is our cities? Is atrocious to me?
Speaker 3: You pretentious fuck atrocious.
Speaker 1: Miss Scale stated in her like statement to the police that she that as her sister and her we're passing along Grenge, Rag and Alley? Are we in? Fucking Harry Potter? Is that a real place?
Speaker 3: Dude? I told you, Harry pot Is that a real place?
Speaker 1: That was my joke? Harry Potter? Is real? Is that a real place? Green Dragon Alley?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know we have UK listeners and people from good old Mattel London, England. I'm interesting. They observed a person standing yeah again along this passage, this alley. She was walking in front of her sister at the time, and just as she came up to the person who was wearing a large cloak, he's spurted a quantity of a large blue flame flame in her face. It pretty much comes up to these chicks and it's like.
Speaker 4: Hey, green jet dragon alley is in Middlesex. Yeah, middle our sexte Middlesex is Middlesex.
Speaker 3: Is that like a trans person? Great Joe, come on.
Speaker 1: That was kind of funny, which deprived her so literally walking she's this weird guy in cloak. Well, I'm with my sister. He can't read both of us at the same time. And then this guy's like turn to watch me and fucking blows blue flame in her face, this blue flame ship, and which deprived her of her sight. I wonder if it was like suddenly goes blind. I wonder if it was.
Speaker 4: Something like fucking like when you when you do a lighter and you fucking spray acts into it.
Speaker 3: He's the first person to do a flame through her.
Speaker 1: There is ideas that maybe he was doing that old carnival trick fucking alcohol. Yeah, that existed probably for you know, you know how long ago. It probably existed probably Roman times. Like you know what's funny you sues torch I have and they's blue alcohol, and I'm like, wow, this shit's flammable.
Speaker 3: It went on from that flamable, flammable.
Speaker 1: Yeah's true, hulable, and that she instantly dropped to the ground and she seized with a violent fits, which continued for several hours. Guy, this guy appeared, blew some blue flame in her face, and she starts seizing up and fucking having these violent fits. Her brother added that on the evening in question, he had heard the loud screams of one of his sister. Moments after he left his house running up Green Dragon Alley, he found his sister Lucy on the ground to fit.
Speaker 3: You know, the guys ups are having a fit right now.
Speaker 1: Actually, these guys are tripping on fucking mushrooms. They're laughing. It started to kicking me and Chelsea.
Speaker 3: I heard it through the headphones. I had to go like that.
Speaker 1: We made We did a quarter of mushrooms. I used to do four or five grams some I guess quarter would be seven. But we did I think we had four or five grams and a tea everyone. I've been trying to convince Billy for the past three years to do mushrooms.
Speaker 3: That's why you're not a salesman, because I keep saying that I don't need.
Speaker 1: To sell you anything. I need to say, you're one of my you're my best friend, You're fuck off go home for once.
Speaker 5: Man, we can hold can hold my hand and experience it together that it was horrible the first time.
Speaker 1: We could just set this camera up in the care.
Speaker 3: What the camera is. Unless I'm getting millions of dollars from this ship, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Uh. If the fans, all the five fans that we have, if they all paid ten bucks, would you do a fucking live stream.
Speaker 3: On They'n'll pay one hundred dollars to do live stream on mushrooms?
Speaker 1: Right there you go, there's.
Speaker 3: Jesus five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: All right, some rich person out there, If you get five hundred dollars, we will do a live stream on mushrooms. So essentially, when they they're running through Green Dragon Alley, jeez, it is like it makes me want to watch Harry Potter he found his sister loosely on the ground. She's in a fit with her sister attempting to hold and support her. So essentially, the sister that watched this happen is like freaking out and trying to probably know what they would do back then. Slap slap, slap slop, Lucy, are you okay? Fuck? It's freaking out. Slap stop slop. It's like you've seen a princess bride? Right?
Speaker 9: No, never seen I know it, mon Toya, your father I've never watched Killed my father payed today.
Speaker 1: It's such a good movie. Have you never seen? It's sucking hilarious. Just so I only watch comedies. It is a comedy. It's literally know as a black comedy.
Speaker 3: Well it's a black comedy. I only want what it's There's literally nothing but like that's just that is not what I meant by black comedy. You stupid fuck so and.
Speaker 1: Then everyone's freaking out, which is crazy. She was taken home, and he learned from his other sister what happened. A strange man appealed and blue. There's some blue flames.
Speaker 3: He was blowing flames.
Speaker 1: She described Lucy's sound as being tall, thin, and gentlemanly. Appearance, so they always say gentleman. So he's in back, is super nice, he's probably he's probably fucking gentleman? Is that? Back then? It seems like gentleman isn't it's not someone who's nice and that I know. I know, but like I said, yeah, you're right, but like a gentleman would be a gentle man. That's why I feel like a gentleman is supposed to be someone saying, Okay, I'll hold the door for you. I'm suave, I twirl my mustache as I do things for you. Like it just seems like I.
Speaker 3: Thought you're saying gentle man, like he only touches you.
Speaker 1: Do you think of his okay, gentleman? Back then, it is like hoity toity, someone who's like when I drink my tea, I stick my pinky out, like.
Speaker 4: It's like this, you feel fancy do it? I have a drink, take your pinky out and drink. You can't really do it with Tell me you don't feel more pretentious.
Speaker 3: Than ever.
Speaker 1: That said weird I did?
Speaker 3: That doesn't like isn't there a feeling that washes over you? You're like, wow, I'm better than everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that, but it says like a gentleman is someone who is who is better off, has money, and then so she says that you know he was, he was a gentleman in appearance covering a large cloak and carrying a small lamp or a bullseye lantern similar to those. It's weird a bullseye lantern. And what my idea of what it would be was like, think about a normal day lantern and some old fucking timmy dudes walking around holding right, but the it's blacked around the edges, right, So there's a candle inside because they didn't have electricity at this time, but it's like a flashlight because now the candle light is only going in this direction, so there and then so police, just imagine car on a fucking thing with a candle inside of it. And you remember and back then there was a dude. It's in fucking Mary Poppins. We've talked about this, how they all did blackflate face because they were chimney sweeps. But there was dudes that were paid to walk around and light the candles on the street lights up at nine o'clock. What a weird job man, What a.
Speaker 3: Sick job easiest, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Not much the individual. He did not speak, nor did he try to lay his hands on them like he normally would. He's a he's a rape. And it's weird because it's almost like he's just he's a weird paranormal phenomenon because he's not he's not a cryptied. He's a cryptid technically because he's this strange creature. But it's like a it's a man, and we'll get into what people think it is. But instead of walking quickly away, he he just he just he got out of there. He just hes kind of every effort made by the police, he just kind of like he's fucking fucked off. He jumped, leaped, and every effort made by the police to discover the author, the person that created this uh, and several persons that winnessed he was he was set was set free.
Speaker 3: So they what do you mean the author?
Speaker 1: That's how they.
Speaker 4: So they're clearly saying it's not real. They're trying to find out the person who's making this south.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're also saying that like it's the person after this what happened, And essentially they would look for somebody and they would arrest somebody, and they would always let them free because like, this is not the guy we're looking for.
Speaker 3: You just arrested Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Jimmy's just strung up on crack, but he had his opioid fucking dose for the fucking week.
Speaker 1: Head smoked methroom was like a grab a tip to end fucking fly away.
Speaker 4: He didn't really fly away though, he probably just like he's probably just like good at high jump, so he like just like because I could jump like a high jump, I can jump on the.
Speaker 1: Six feet had he always had one buddy back.
Speaker 3: And I'm landing on my back after he.
Speaker 1: Had a buddy with just a crate full of chickens. And every time he's like, man, you keep doing this and I keep having to replace my chicken coops because you keep breaking every chicken spine. It's like, well they're soft, okay, something they don't have fucking what is that called gym class the mats?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So the Times you pour the alleged attack on Jane Allsop on the second March of eighteen thirty eight under the heading the late outage at old Ford, can you imagine like fucking readingspaper just fucking.
Speaker 4: Doing being this guy and they're like he's a real guy, but like he actually was only high jumping. So like every time the police came, he's like, dah, wait, let's walk over to this medium size wall over here.
Speaker 1: Ah, everyone's super short and there's the one.
Speaker 4: He's like, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, come over here, ten feet you can arrest me.
Speaker 3: Just give me a minute. And they're like, all right, we're gonna walk over and we're gonna corner you in here.
Speaker 4: Next to this medium size wall. And he's just like, hey, you got me. But ha, he just high jumps over wall that's like.
Speaker 1: Three foot tall but everyone in Britain only four foot he's like seven.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 4: He's like that motherfucker just leap that ship and like I can't do that.
Speaker 3: That that's that's the same height as my face. I can't jump that high.
Speaker 1: So this was followed with an account of the trial of of course, one Thomas Millbank of course, who immediately after reported an attack on Jane I'll slaugh stop had boasted in Morgan's arms. I'm guessing that sounds like a pub that he was spring heel jack. But guess what I'm spring heel jack. I'm spring heel jack. No, I'm spring hiel jack.
Speaker 3: I can jump higher than you. I guarantee that I'm spring heel jack. Okay, I like I like your rebuttal. It was a good rebuttal, good argument.
Speaker 1: We just said you can jump highers and I can jump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you just went, no, I'm spring.
Speaker 9: Your legs just extend high. You used to have more extension. Good high jump jump right now. But I stand up a good jump, dude, I can't. I can't jump in here.
Speaker 3: My head.
Speaker 1: Ceiling is not tall like scary movies. Actually, you know, John, but you smack your head and then I'm doing the podcast by myself. All right, your shoulders. So this guy was arrested.
Speaker 3: Dunk yourself, my mom can dunk, can dunk.
Speaker 1: He was arrested and tried at Lambbeth Street Court. The arresting officer was James Lee, who had early arrested William Carter, the Red Barn murderer. Interesting, I wonder what that's about, uh Mill Bank, Thomas Moll bank, chickens. I want to know. Actually I'm curious what that's about. But then the dock in in my head. Red barn murderer mill Bank Thomas moll Bank had been wearing white overalls and a.
Speaker 3: Great coat, a great or gray.
Speaker 1: It's great coat in one word.
Speaker 3: I think he means gray. I think it's missed.
Speaker 1: It's a really good coat.
Speaker 3: This ship's fucking this Louis Vuitton code over here, which he dropped outside the house. No, he did not leave his fore and dollar code out.
Speaker 1: And the candle he dropped was also found. You.
Speaker 3: Oh, that ship's probably expensive as fouck. I wonder if they had scented back then.
Speaker 1: Definitely, No, it was sent it was scented like horse.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 4: No, but can you imagine if you grab like a peppermint leaf and like just rubbed it on like the candle.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that meant the.
Speaker 1: Candles back then?
Speaker 3: You know? Wax, baby fat wax.
Speaker 1: According to witches, they used baby fat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well that's not fucking true. Jesus Christ, I'm not that drunk.
Speaker 1: They used baby fat. Bro do the person that's like they didn't have colored pictures before the fucking eighties.
Speaker 4: I'm also the person saying that they didn't fucking he used baby fat.
Speaker 1: They escaped conviction only because Jane also insisted her attacker had the breath of fire, and Millbank admitted he couldn't do such things. It's like I can, I can try, but I don't think I could do it.
Speaker 4: That's actually bugging me though. I hate that you said that. What year did color pictures come out?
Speaker 3: Again? What year was it?
Speaker 4: It wasn't that much earlier than I thought it was earlier. But the thing is, it wasn't that much.
Speaker 1: Earlier, okay, in filming wise and films, no.
Speaker 3: Just pictures. It was pictures, all right, I'll google. But I know because like my mom would grow up and they only had black and white. Well my mom was growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be fair, that's probably why I haven't. I'm misled here.
Speaker 1: Uh you do you remember?
Speaker 3: I think it was like nineteen thirty or something. Wasn't it nineteen forty or nineteen thirty?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? You remember when there went so many Mexicans? Do you remember that? Like you remember when the first colored movie was?
Speaker 8: It was a Disney.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it was a Disney.
Speaker 2: Was No.
Speaker 1: The first time I ever did al looked at live colored a lot?
Speaker 3: Okay, it wasn't it snow white was the first color the first.
Speaker 1: Process for color photography. Photography photography appeared in eighteen nineties.
Speaker 3: Bro okay, the first process. I'm talking like that. That's the rich of the rich.
Speaker 4: Ninety nine percent of the population didn't have access to that till like nineteen thirty maybe even the forties. The hell even the fifties. All right, when is that a thing you can search? When did the general public have access to color?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 4: When did the general There's no way anything's going to come up. General public have access to color.
Speaker 3: Photos.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we got coconut Mam.
Speaker 3: Wasn't until nineteen thirty five. I fucking knew it.
Speaker 1: You did, I fucking knew it in the nineteen sixties. You said that they fucking didn't have color photos. Bro, No, I I go back to Bend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't the sixties, was it. Yeah? Okay, that was my bad. But still that's a lot closer.
Speaker 1: The incidents of spring hiel Jack became one of the most popular characters of the period. Like, you know who, we like, We like that rape guy, Spring heel Jack. He's he's an interesting character. So his alleged exploits were reported newspapers and began the subject of several penny dreadfuls and plays performed and at cheap theaters that are around the time.
Speaker 3: So remember cheap theaters were expensive.
Speaker 1: Funny how they called them penny dreadfuls. That's a weird way to say it. So essentially, you'd probably pay a penny at the time, yes, that to now, I don't know, ten bucks, that's ay, was gonna guess that. To ten bucks you would go see they have like a movie, because the movie at the time. You would go see these plays horrible costumes like you know what we did, we beat the ship at five homeless guys that this is where we got a costu. And they would put all these plays of spring Hill Jack. I would love to.
Speaker 3: See, you know how bad they'd be.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a woman and there going ah no, no, no no, we're in fucking Mexico, and and Kenzuela being the fucking woman.
Speaker 1: So the devil was even renamed spring Hill Jack. And they put this in.
Speaker 4: Plays, The devil insam in the devil fucking that's a damn. The devil probably fucked him up for taking his name.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what this is, but some old fox may in Punch and Judy shows as reencountered by Henry Mayhew in London, Labor in London, or this hit Satan. We might say the devil, but ain't right. The general folks don't like such words. He is now commonly known as Springhill Jack. Then bear, it's hilarious. It's Rosenbar that that sends the wall. So it's just what they used to call the devil at the time where he became so infamous with his touchy feely raypee, let me blow some fucking fire, fucking blue flames at your face, Percucci or rosen Bear, which made me think of Roseanne Bar. Funny. But even as his fame was growing, reports of Springheel Jack's appearances became less frequent. I wonder why, but he got a lot more widespreads. People heard about him, but it wasn't as aufor like, oh, four years ago, fucking swinging Dragon. In eighteen forty three, however, a wave of sightings swept the country again.
Speaker 4: Oh, I bet he got married and then he fucking divorced, and then he's like, fuck him going back.
Speaker 3: Fuck, I'm going back to my old thing.
Speaker 1: So a report from wait.
Speaker 3: From strange part.
Speaker 1: A report from north Hampton, Shia described him as the very image of the devil with horns and eyes of flames and East Angla. Reports of attacks on a driver of a of male coaches became common.
Speaker 3: A river of male coaches. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Someone who rides in a horse of carriage driver full of mail because they didn't have text message back then, kids, they wouldn't have to write letters. No, fuck, you could fucking.
Speaker 4: A really long string into the next town with Lemon and lime should not go together.
Speaker 1: It's not bad so lemon.
Speaker 3: Lime sodam No, I'm saying what did you just say?
Speaker 1: Lemon and lime shouldn't go together?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: It's like it's like either it's lime or it's lemon. You don't put two together. Okay, I don't know. This is fide okay. And what you say? Did you say something bad?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying it super fucking popular.
Speaker 1: In July eighteen forty seven, a spring Hill jack investigation started in teagan Mouth, Davin late to the cabin Finch led to the Captain Finch. Is what they led these investigations to is Captain Finch and he was convicted of two charges of assault against women, during which he said to have been disguised in a skin coat which he appeared which appeared of a ballocks hide, skull cap.
Speaker 3: Palms and masks. Look, can we talk about how fucking ballocks the word bollocks is.
Speaker 1: It means it means balls essentially never mind the bullocks, never mind the bullshit, it means bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, Okay, I know what it means. I'm just saying, can you talk about how stupid the word is?
Speaker 1: Ballocks?
Speaker 3: Bullocks? You know what I got beef? You know what I got Beef's Billy's Got Beef.
Speaker 1: And only sex Pistols album they ever produced, and being one of the most well known punk bands out there, as the sex Pistols. I grew up in the sex PiSZ. The album is called never Mind the Ballocks, which in It's funny because they could labeled that because it's stupid British terms. It just means never mind the bullshit.
Speaker 3: I know what it means, but everyone does.
Speaker 10: Johnny Rotten is talking all again talking about it's time for Billy's Got Beef with this fucking.
Speaker 1: Start a new thing.
Speaker 3: Billy's Got beef with you.
Speaker 1: Beef would be a great uh, you should start doing that.
Speaker 3: Billy's got beef with It's like, you know what really grinds.
Speaker 1: My Billy's got beef this guy. Now, okay, we started Billy's fun fact with him sleeping with his eyes open literally like two and a half three years ago. All right, now we'll we'll do Billy's got up. Billy's got beef.
Speaker 3: Billy's got beef.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gonna make a lot of enemies, all right, fucking like honestly, Like, so I get along with Irish people really well. I don't know why, Like all Irish people, like most Irish people are dicks.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, though I really enjoy the presence. I really enjoy hanging around with Irish people.
Speaker 4: Irish people, do you know, I actually know a fuck load, Like I know a lot, but that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: So you know who Irish.
Speaker 4: People have the beef with the most Grits and Scottish Brits. They hate British people more than anything, and so do I.
Speaker 3: Fucking you pretentious fox, grow up, grow up.
Speaker 4: You are not better than everybody else, holy shit, or Kansas people are better than you. For fox sakes. Yeah, you know what's not You just moved off a spot like fuck your sister.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Least at least you don't fucking pretend like you're better than everybody else. And you know what it is, it's it. It's this is Billy's beef time. I get heated.
Speaker 1: Beef time now McDonald's commercial.
Speaker 3: You ever wanted, you ever wanted tom know what a quarter pound of Billy's beef taste. But like, honestly, I have.
Speaker 4: Met a couple of British people in my life, not not a lot in mind that I did enjoy hanging around. And they're like, and you know, every British person I've enjoyed, you know, every every British person I've ever enjoyed, like hanging around.
Speaker 3: Like, I've met.
Speaker 4: A lot of people in my life, Like I was literally like in the service industry for years. You meet a lot of different people. And the only British people I enjoy are people that hate their own people. They're like, yeah, I'm British, Yeah, I'm well aware of how everybody else acts. I don't act. I was like, I fucking like you, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Why do you got to act? Like that, why why why can't you just grow just grow up? People?
Speaker 4: Are people just fucking grow up? There's Billy's Beef for the day, and we lost seven more listeners.
Speaker 1: Tomcats beef is with nobody but the vaccinated.
Speaker 3: I'm just joking. There's way more listeners than the gone.
Speaker 1: Just joking. Billy's vaccinating my fucking family's vaccination, me and my girlfriend and her mother, and we're gonna stand strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to go to Cuba.
Speaker 1: I know she's a sad, sad thing, like I might die in five years if the conspiracy theories are true, but hey, I get to experience yo.
Speaker 3: To be fair, at the end of the day, I'm pretty confident that most of us like don't really care for that. At this point. I know I'd be I'd be all right whatever.
Speaker 1: Hopefully Phil never listens to this. This guy I work with, his fat old boy name.
Speaker 3: I come, Phil, Oh, you didn't have to listen to the name of the.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia Collins Shepherd boy. And he's like, I was like joking with a vaccine ship and he's like, he's like, whatever, I don't want to make it past through in age anyway. And I was like you just made this conversation real.
Speaker 3: Dude is sure. Honestly, I think that's why there's so much compliance in a sense where like everyone's like, yeah, if I died.
Speaker 1: I don't want to live in communism, so I'd rather die.
Speaker 8: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll agree, and so kill myself.
Speaker 1: Spring heel Jack. Essentially he harassed, I'm not going to kill myself, raps the mailman. Uh call one eight hundred. Don't kill yourself, billy, so.
Speaker 3: We can kill ourselves.
Speaker 1: And they tried to convict essentially this guy that the whole investigation were like, who is this Raypi Claude man? And they're like, oh, maybe it's this guy, Captain Finch. He he looks a little rape. So he was convicted of two charges of assault against women, during which they said he was disguised in a skin coat, very strange and appeared at ballocks Hide, which is I think bulls hide. I would think a skull cap. So what gangst is way now essentially a bald cap. No, a skull cap.
Speaker 3: Oh, they said, I know what you said. I heard a skull cap.
Speaker 1: A skull cap is today, a skull cap is a fucking winter hat in the back, and then it was not completely different, in my opinion, got a mat. This motherfucker, whoever this guy is, whoever Captain Finch is, did wear animal hide. He had a skull cap, and he wore horns and a mask during his assaults.
Speaker 3: Probably because he was fucking outside and it was probably chilly.
Speaker 1: God damn rainy. It's always rainy in fucking England. I don't know why, but man, that's why they're all so fucking depressed. So and then the legend was linked with the phenomenon of the Devil's Foot, which appeared in Devon in February eighteen fifty five. So there's there is so many reports. It's like we covered this on Honestly, if you're a true fan, it doesn't exist anymore. I got rid of it, ah damn, because this is uh as as much as it's a little sad. I got rid of a lot of episodes that Justin was on stop did you just pour your drink too heavy?
Speaker 3: I did, but it was but it stopped top So I.
Speaker 1: Had to logistically, I got rid of a lot of episodes with Justin on it, even if it was me and Billy, episodes that maybe we shouldn't have said some things. And we did talk about spring Hill jack literally like two and a half years ago. Do you remember that we were drunk?
Speaker 3: I remember it. I did.
Speaker 4: That's why when we came over to start this one, I was like, didn't we talk about that already?
Speaker 1: Well we didn't. I never knew half of the ship. How we had so many reports newspapers coming out of spring Hill Jackson, all these people talking about spring Hil Jackson. So in the beginning in the eighteen seventy spring Hill jack was reported again in several places distant from each other. In November eighteen seventy two, the News of the World What a Great.
Speaker 3: News News reported that I don't think.
Speaker 1: Pham was in a state of commotion owing to what is known as the Peckham Ghost. I'm asterious.
Speaker 3: Is that actually how you pronounce that?
Speaker 1: Yes, Peckham is it? No, it's it's it's peck and Ham. I guess Peckham is how the British say it. And i'm asterious figure quite alarming in appearance. The News pointed out that none other than Springhill Jack, terrified a past generation has come back to haunt them. Similar stories were published, UH and illustrated his It was literally called illustrated police news. So it's like the police are like, okay, so I saw this thing and just illustrate. You sit there and you draw photos of it. Knock knock the case. So okay, So okay, So I fighted Gross discussed so and so. They also reported this in April and May. In eighteen seventy three, it was reported that there were numerous sightings of the sheriff Field of the ghost of the Park Ghost, the park Ghost which locals also came to identifying as spring Hill Jack. So as much as people don't want to lay that there is, there is a lot of shit when it comes to spring Hill Jack. Let's talk about the Aldershot incident.
Speaker 3: I wonder if like they're talking about the same person though. That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: I know, and they don't know, right. And this is how we take things from England. We have a town called Paris. We have a big ass city called London in Ontario. And this is how we have things that are essentially corresponding with that canon names after our stupid homeland because we're still controlled by the Queen. Technically she is the monarchy and Canada still run under the Iran, under the crown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, under the Chinese, he.
Speaker 1: Does so alder Shots. This news was followed by report sightings, reported sightings and until August eighteen seventy seven, and one of the most notable reports about springdald Jack came from a group of soldiers of alder Shots and the barracks. The barracks of older Shots are the barracks. It was army military kidding Jesus. The story went on as follows. A century on duty don't know what a century is on the North Camps peered into the darkness.
Speaker 3: You say, you don't know what a century is, like.
Speaker 1: A century centry. Now it's s E N t R y man. We drink I smoked weed. I don't know everything in the moment that we're fucking looking in fucking reading about it. So and essentially, a soldier on duty at the North Camp peered into the darkness. His attention was attracted by a peculiar figure advancing towards him. He's like, this guy's coming on to me. The soldier issued a challenge, which went unheated. So, I don't know what the So he's like, hey, hey, what are you doing over there, and the guy's like, doesn't say ship. So it's like, all right, maybe I like this guy.
Speaker 3: I like this guy. This guy's my friend. He you won't come over for a beer.
Speaker 1: And then the figure came up beside him and delivered and figured him, delivered sick several slaps to the face.
Speaker 3: Oh, you just fucked him up.
Speaker 1: Stopped doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh, buddy, slaps central he slaps.
Speaker 1: He slapped this guy in the face a bunch of times.
Speaker 3: Do you matter?
Speaker 4: Get you know hunted masculating that is, you didn't get punched, you got slapped, and he couldn't stop him.
Speaker 3: He was slapping you over and over again, like.
Speaker 1: Guard bitch, A guy shot a guard shot at him, which no, and they had no visible effect.
Speaker 3: Guard shot at him, yeah, so they so he must have known him.
Speaker 1: So the soldiers standing there, guard noises him, okay, comes up. He's like, you know, weird, and he's like, what the fuck you want? All of a sudden, somebody slap. He fucking slaps him, and then he shoots him, and the guard shoots at him, not that he doesn't seem faced. He keeps slapping him.
Speaker 3: I'm too busy to worry about this. Bullet right now.
Speaker 1: Luckily we have good microphones that don't attackt too much sound because the boys are going notts upstairs.
Speaker 3: On theether, they're fucking snapping, holy shit.
Speaker 1: Had no visible effects. Some sources claim that the soldier may fired blanks at him. It's like, but why would the soldier playing like, know what, look, I'm gonna scare him off my blanks. But we don't really keep live ammunition. We are britt and our bobbies do have no guns. They just have snipe stick to beat people. Keep your fucking guns because we could be fucked. But essentially because of Britain, right, the bobbies don't have guns either. They do in storage, but essentially, like you have a cop brigade that like, what's beat you with some batons? What are they gonna do against people with rocks? A thousand people have rocks against ten cops is not gonna go.
Speaker 3: Well, so.
Speaker 1: They say maybe the fire blanks. Other witness said he fired, and of course you because now you're vaccinated, you're never gonna have kids.
Speaker 3: I beat a lot. That's good, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't kind to pull out anymore.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a bonus. I didn't but now I can just come and everybody, that's pretty You know what I meant, whether I'm miss in this bottle is gonet episode.
Speaker 1: So they also said that maybe he misfired or it was the warning shot. The strange figure then reappeared in like a surrounding darkness. It was weird.
Speaker 3: They're like, what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 1: Then another story in Lord Easton Hamilton's in nineteen twenty two, like years later I supposed to be a memoir forty years later, mentions the older shot appearance of spring Hill Jack. However he appeared and maybe it says that in the winter of eighteen seventy nine, after his regiment, another soldier sixth the sixtieth rifle that pardon repeat that, the sixtieth rifles?
Speaker 3: Why was that so hard? Why do you have to exagerate that? I really hope people saw that on Live on all that. I love that tongue to do that again.
Speaker 1: And it was similar in appearance. But they're saying that essentially don't know that he's appearing now at essentially a military bases. And they even said that other regiments saw him in the barracks of Cold Chesters.
Speaker 3: The bollocks of Colchester and.
Speaker 1: Winter of eighteen seventy six where they they saw some sort of strange creature, some strange man he had that the panic became so great that elder shot. Some of the military were issued ammunition in order to shoot the night terror.
Speaker 4: What do you mean issued ammunition that they only get You walked around with a gun, but you weren't allowed bullets unless there was a threat.
Speaker 1: Exactly what That's how Britain fucking works. Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, all right, you guys got a couple of bullets. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So happens today, Well, they're walking around with muskets. Military has only issued so many amount of bullets.
Speaker 9: What was what was the gun back then? It was muskets, right, it was yeah, pump it yeah, close it was. They had so they saw the threat. Rifles, they saw the threat.
Speaker 4: They told him to wait right there fucking seconds.
Speaker 1: They didn't have muskets. They had they did have rifles. They were just the cockback very take a long time too.
Speaker 3: Or it wouldn't have been that long. It's a single bolt rifle. It would have been just cack it back. You're good. It's like, what was past muskets? Muskets what was the first gun past a musket? I have no idea, very clueless on this.
Speaker 1: I'm also starting to feel my effects of the weed. I'm stone and I'm drinking.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I'm fucking loaded.
Speaker 4: Hamilton thought that, Oh you didn't know either, Okay, I just want to know if anyone knows, fucking tell me what was the first gun pasted a musket? I'm curious, like, was that a pistol? You think it's probably a pistol? No, it was probably a pistol. I'm assuming a pistol came before a rifle.
Speaker 3: No, maybe not. Rifles are bigger.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't fucking know. Tell me, educate me, love you, thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, educam me. And honestly, if I was sober, I could probably make a good guestimation.
Speaker 3: It's probably a rifle. You're probably right. I think a rifle.
Speaker 1: It's a rifle. It has to be a rifle. Put some fucking pellet, essentially, because it guess what a bullet was back then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then there's a very powerful baby gun. Somebody to.
Speaker 1: Supposed to One of these sergeants thought that the appearance of the springhiel jack at these military bases was a natural prank carried up in one of his fellow officers, maybe a lieutenant Alfrey. His name is Alfrey. Okay, so everyone knows something's happening. They're like springhiel jack is is terrorizing people. But in a military setting, they're like, it's gotta be someone playing a prank. So they the thinks maybe is lieutenant Alfrey.
Speaker 3: His name is Alfrey, literally lieutenant, and they think he's playing.
Speaker 1: Of him being court martialed or like, well, it's not him sotial. Essentially, you get kicked out, you get you essentially did something that it's the military standards.
Speaker 3: That means court ru means you got kicked out of the military. Okay, what do you mean essentially? It's it's that, it's it's so why'd you say essentially then?
Speaker 1: Because I always essentially I said, I'm guessing to an extent.
Speaker 3: Oh got you.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 4: I think that, in my opinion, no fuck up, that that was awesome, That that was nice honesty right there, It means I say essentially because I don't quite know, but I'm pretty sure I know that's nice.
Speaker 1: I like it that you went in front of a court of a military court setting. Okay, and you did something that was against their standards, so you get court marsh Essentially you get still paid.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, I get court marcials.
Speaker 1: But then let's go I go home.
Speaker 3: Get paid and not have to die from the country.
Speaker 1: In Lincolnshire, in autumn of eighteen seventy seven, springhiel Jack was probably seen in Newport arc And, Lincoln Lincolnshire, wearing a sheepskin out of condom, and angry mobs were gross. Oh dude, they supportably. They supposedly chased him and cornered him. They cornered springhel Jack just as they did an alder shot. They tried to and the residents fired at him, shot at him, but no effect as usual. He said to have made a leap. That is so incredible. The crowd was shocked and he disappeared once again. Just look at all he literally they would shoot at him, wouldn't affect him, They would not him. They literally he just didn't even flinch.
Speaker 3: With the.
Speaker 4: There are people now, Tody that can take tasers and not even fucking like that.
Speaker 1: One dude, he like walked towards the cops.
Speaker 4: I fuck you and he's been tasted by three different tasers at once, and he's just like, what's up?
Speaker 1: So Liverpool. By the end of the nineteenth century, the report, Yeah, they report sightings of spring Hill Jack. He is in every different century, five ten years, He's just appearing everywhere, and he's moving towards West England.
Speaker 4: I think people were back then without the internet. Okay, here's the biggest thing too. Could you imagine not having internet and somebody was actually athletic?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: True, and you're like, wow, he jumps like a monster.
Speaker 4: And I'm still honestly, I swear to god, I think like it started off as a joke, but I'm pretty sure spring Hill Jack was just somebody that was really good at high jumps.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love this. I love the street names bro because he supposedly appeared in uh Sulisbury, Oh, Salisbury, Salisbury, not in Salisbury Steak, I'm not my dad Salisbury. In nineteen oh four, the reports of appearances near Williams.
Speaker 3: Street, Williams ste Billy, Let's get the explanation. Okay, love to hear this.
Speaker 1: This vast urban legend built around spring Hill Jack influenced many aspects of Victorian life, especially in like essentially pop culture of what would come so for decades, especially in London, his name was kind of he was like the boogie man, right as means of scaring children into telling them to behave they were not good. Spring heel Jack and bite too, my leap and peer into their lives. And so if you're just like bag like spring hel Jack's gonna come again you He's gonna touch your dick. Probably spring hil Jack would then leap and peer into your window, and if you've done something bad, he might look in. Investigators have dismissed these stories of spring Hill Jackets mass hysteria, which developed around various stories of the boogieman or the devil, which appeared around for centuries, almost exaggerating the urban myth about a man who maybe went over rooftops claiming the devil was chasing him, like you know how, and you always got to make the kids fearful. You always got scary kids and doing much right in some weird ways.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, whether it be a belt or crampis or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, crampis, he'll drown your in a bathtub and ripe you're a little.
Speaker 4: Ask can I tell you? Actually A quick funny fact on that. I was at the bar, like a year ago after we did the Crampis episode. Somebody at the bar when I used to work at the bar, somebody at the bar started talking about Crampis and like, I intervened in this thing because they were having like a little argument at the bar.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever told you this.
Speaker 4: They're having a little argument at the bar, and I like intervened and I was like, no, well he did this. He's like, oh, they started talking. Then I kept talking. They're like and Buddy just like put down his beer. He's like, why do you know so much about Crampis? He's like, why are you so educated on this weird ass fucking thing. Because I have a fucking fucked up friend.
Speaker 1: I have a fucked up friend that likes buckets, but essentially like two. That's why I was debating of redoing episodes, and ie fans to chime in, and there was a fan that said keep the originals, don't fuck with them, which I agree with. We covered Crampus and I was debating on doing it again in years to come and this year, next year, the year after, and people and like, even you said keep that because if you go back and listen to the Crampis episode, because even Anton was like, you guys, we could do Crampus or whatever, and I was like, we covered. He's like, I thought you guys did, and I was like, yeah, you don't remember. He's like, oh, listen, you guys were fucking two years, three years. I don't fuck remember that begin. We started slow when episodes released, like everything, yeah, two to three months, and it was not that far dude, that was over every weekend, and so Crampis was a I think hilarious as we were drunk and really kept reminiscing how Crampus was probably a rapist.
Speaker 3: So I don't even remember those episodes. I love to listen to myself three years ago and be like, wow, I've done it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I've had to delete certain episodes and we'll be coming back with. Actually one of our most download episodes ever, that was I think, no, we've done that, it's good.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, that was our most downloaded episode ever.
Speaker 1: One of our most download episodes was with Justin and we were very intoxicated. I'm not going to say I'll tell you after because.
Speaker 3: The fans will curious.
Speaker 1: So I those other researchers. They want to figure out what the origins of spring Hill Jack, Like, who is doing this? So spring probably wildly considered, I.
Speaker 3: Should have been on that team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, budd, he's good a high jump and they'd be like, Wow, we have a whole different section to fucking research rates.
Speaker 1: So the supernatural creature rather one of persons maybe with a weird sense of humor and like to peer through bedroom windows. But no knew he was was that gay? You can be straight and peer through bedroom windows.
Speaker 3: I didn't say he was gay, like he was gay?
Speaker 10: Wildly spect sorry LATIVIDA.
Speaker 1: Speculative paranormal explanations have been proposed to explain explain the origin of spring Hill Jack, including he was an extra extra No, he was an extraterrestrial creature. I tried entity.
Speaker 4: I tried to say that word too, and like I was about too and I was like, oh, I can't say it any better than.
Speaker 3: No speculator, speculator runk.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be supposed to be this Maybe what is this? This entity? This this figure who is maybe superhuman and has agility deriving from a life in a high gravity world. Is one of the explanations is that spring Hill Jack is essentially from a different dimension and that or a different planet where gravity is essentially it's a high gravity world where you could just slightly jump and you would be you would travel. That's one of the explanations.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, fuck dude, my explanation is better with his high.
Speaker 1: Jumping ability and strange behavior. Maybe he was a demon or accidentally or purposefully summoned into this world by practitioners of the occult.
Speaker 3: It was Michael Jordan's old persona. But then he's like, I'm gonna play basketball this time.
Speaker 1: You know, Michael Jordan's a fucking piece of shit. Ever heard that He's like one of the biggest assholes. He's like a really not a fucking nice person. You ever heard about that he's a dick.
Speaker 3: Well, you can make names on any single person, but Michael Jordan's been world renowned as being one of the nicest fucking celebrities in the world.
Speaker 1: That is actual, Like google it right now, Yes, Michael Jordan. I can guarantee you'll find stories about him being one of the biggest assholes.
Speaker 4: He finds any video, I'm telling you, and then hold on one second, you can find no I want you to find me a video, because what I can tell you is you can find thousands, if not hundreds of thousands videos where he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: He's being recorded being very fucking nice to people.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you heard this from.
Speaker 3: I have a huge Michael Jordan fan.
Speaker 1: I've known you for fucking my whole life.
Speaker 3: And you know how many copies of Space jam I've thought he's Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, he's in a fucking stupid Disney movie.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that. I'm just saying you just said. I'm not a Michael Jordan fan. You know why I've bought in Space jamp so many times?
Speaker 1: Ten incidents is of Michael Jordan being just plain mean?
Speaker 3: I go to that?
Speaker 1: Or how about people on Reddit? Is Michael Jordan really that bad of a person? How about Michael Jordan was just a jerk? Say says teammates. Why it helped is Michael Jordan's asshole in real life? Michael Jordan is exactly who I thought he was, an asshole, the great asshole fallacy, Michael Jordan, The Last Dance. What Michael Jordan's documentary doesn't ask about his asshole behavior? I'm telling you that's not sure he thinks he said, Yo, Michael Jordan was a jerk, So question mark.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about how about yo, hey, chill out.
Speaker 4: Before you just start fucking reading Google, I want you to name one person that you idolize that you don't think is a jerk.
Speaker 3: Who do you not think is a jerk?
Speaker 1: Jimmy Fallon?
Speaker 3: Now I want you to google. I want you to.
Speaker 4: Google is Jimmy Fallon a jerk? And watch how many fucking articles come up. You can google whatever the fuck you want for whatever purpose you want, and you're gonna find the reason and the answer that you want.
Speaker 3: If you google, Go Google. No. Here, here's a good example. I want you to google. Does Tim Horton's coffee makes you blind?
Speaker 4: You're gonna find undreds, hundreds and thousands of articles, hundreds and thousands of articles that go Tim Horton's coffee fucking will kill your repticism. And then if you google it in a way that goes does it is it true that Tim Horton's coffee makes you blind? And you're gonna find thousands of articles that go there are know at all studies show you that that makes you mind.
Speaker 1: One fact that people know is Michael Jordan is an asshole. Anyone that's a sports like.
Speaker 3: This is the thing, though, you no, but this is the thing. Okay, you know what, You're probably right. You're right. I'm not saying. Your roommates on.
Speaker 1: His team on the Bulls said he was a fucking dick and he was one of the worst people to play with because he was such an asshole. One thing I hate sports, and one thing I know is Michael Jordan was an asshole, and so was Wayne Gretzky. Fuck you Gretzky.
Speaker 4: I know Gretzky personally, but anyways, I'm actually not kidding. I okay, he's not a best friend of mine. I said, I know him personally.
Speaker 1: Did you call him on the weekend?
Speaker 3: What do you do? We wait, wait a minute, We've talked about this, right. You know why, I know when Gretzky personally right.
Speaker 1: Best friends with his dad. No, you helped Walter through his his time of dementia before Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: No, Jamie's best friends Gretzky's nephew. Yes, so we went over there a lot. I know his sister, I know his brother. I served his brother almost every day at fucking the bar. I worked at his brother's and alcoholic. If anybody else wants to know when his brother is a fucking hardcore alcoholic, did.
Speaker 1: We do get an argument? No? No, no, Actually I know that Michael Jordan was known as a dick.
Speaker 3: You still haven't let me finish. No.
Speaker 4: This is the biggest thing, though, is people I didn't. I'm sure he was a dick to a lot of people. My thing is is no, no, no, no, I've never met Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm saying in a sense where if if we went out right now, like let's say we were famous at our platform right now, people will call us both dicks. Now out of this, would you call me a dick in like general public, like to an average person, like the.
Speaker 1: Body I co host with my podcast is an asshole?
Speaker 3: Like actual kidding?
Speaker 4: Like like actually though, like, would you think I would actually go out and be like wow, like everyone's like wow, that guy is a fucking bag. No, but that's the same thing, though, No, that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan is famously known for being an asshole.
Speaker 3: I'm well aware, but why not no claim that he wasn't. I am, but they don't know what an asshole.
Speaker 1: Is this it's something in between your ass cheeks that produces poopoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got one of them too, right, No, no, no, no, but actually no, like this, this is a big problem, and this does need to be addressed.
Speaker 5: But like in a way that Michael Jordan isn't an asshole in my mind now, because you know what, he was a great player, but a shitty golf player and a shitty fucking what else do you play bass?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was all true, number ship.
Speaker 3: Actually I heard he was getting pretty good at golf. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You only know that because fucking moaning tunes.
Speaker 3: All right, it's not as dude, you're not. You just went on your ramp, but he didn't let the actual factory center.
Speaker 1: Asshole.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gonna feel like an idiot.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Now, I want you to picture anybody that's a good like Okay, I don't I know. You don't play sports, so you don't understand what the team mentality is maid.
Speaker 1: Soccer, oh okay, ball, basketball, okay?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I said, okay, so you understand what team mentality is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you understand that the best player on your team is me, is driven to make the rest of their team perform better.
Speaker 3: Now is that going to come in?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he was a dick during every moment of his life, during when he was famous, and he still is. Okay, these are fucking actual articles produced by people that know him that said he is a fucking asshole. Yes, we've argued for fucking fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: No, we haven't argued. You've just been freaking out not listening to the other side.
Speaker 1: You're trying to defend someone.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not, Hey, Billy, you're not listening.
Speaker 1: I ask question.
Speaker 8: I love this.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till you hear this back of like how you don't let anyone talk but like you think like you know what they're gonna say, but you don't.
Speaker 1: This is why Anton, thank you for coming on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I want you to come on ants on and like actually fucking just by those because I've been trying to say this one point, but you have not let me point. Okay, when somebody's at that high performing of a level and they want the rest of their team to perform, they're going to be hard on them, and you're going to act like a dickhead when they're not fucking performing. You know how many times I've walked into my office and screamed at my guys because they're fucking around, because they're not doing shit, because I need them to start fucking working. But on that outside of situation, those guys work with me. They work with me personally. Hell, if they wrote an argument or if they wrote an article, they'd probably be like, I bet Billy fucking mugs old ladies. But they don't because that's because it's outside of work.
Speaker 1: People on his team, people on his team has called them an asshole. Yes, I'm telling people outside of his team and that Michael Jordan was known as one of the most asshole people in sports entertainment.
Speaker 3: I think you're getting Michael Jordan mixed up with Kobe. I'm not because.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm wrong. Fucking Billy's right, fucking the facts will prevail, and the facts are Michael Jordan was a fucking asshole and always will be.
Speaker 3: Read your Wikipedia page again.
Speaker 1: Wikipedia is edited by fucking idiots.
Speaker 3: Exactly, all right. So whatever fact to spring real. Jackie got me heated.
Speaker 1: We me, me and Billy. I've been friends for far too long.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that argument should keep funny, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It was interesting that our podcast will be fucking two hours a very variety of wild speculations, as we said, explaining the origins of the Jack and who he was as an extraterrestrial entity. Maybe he's from another planet. Maybe he jumps and he's super human from a world that doesn't have that has high gravity. Yes, strange behavior, but all those weird things about the doing relating to the cult. But you know, there's all these weird things where even Lauren Coleman and Jerome Clark lists spring Hil Jack in a category named Phantom Attackers, which actually weirdly brings it back. Let's go way way back, only a couple of minds a couple of weeks for another well known being. We Me and Anton talked about the Mad Gaster of Madtune, which in the nineteen forties, this guy went around in a tightly skinned leather outfit and pumped gas into people's homes and left them disabled. They never died, but people just passed out during literally.
Speaker 3: It was just a yeah.
Speaker 1: Just after World War Two, it was like nineteen forty five, forty thirty six, people were just disabled in their homes. People would smell this weird odor and they would get up and they would be disabled by they would just like couldn't move their arms and legs. So it's weird that they're relating, which I even said earlier, it's so weird to another Jack, another another person, the mad Gasser of Matune and another phantom attacker. But this person came into homes and similarly pinned people and made them into a gave them paralysis. So nobody really knows who Springhel Jack was. Even many reports can readily be explained psychologically, most notably when you talked about we talk about member ghost experiences and the shadow people. Remember the shadow of people? Have someone talking about the old hag who stood on your chest?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: And you couldn't really breathe and you would get these paranormal experiences of this creature and you couldn't breathe and you had to sleep. Paralysis. It's also kind of related to spring Hill Jack kind of just leaves you incapacitated. Is that a word?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that terrorized?
Speaker 3: Okay, I like how you're worried about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 3: It isn't work. No, it's a word though, yes, it's time for.
Speaker 8: Billions fun back that day.
Speaker 4: According to Billy's Fun Facts of the Day, everybody who ever fucking performed on the ninety five Chicago Bulls thought highly of.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan, John Joe. Don't do this to be fair that that that's fact. No, dude, this is sick. You know The Terminator?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love the Terminator.
Speaker 3: You know how much that movie sold for? Like the rights to that movie two hundred bucks one dollar?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: The Terminators, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton, earned a worldwide total of seventy eight point three million at the box office in nineteen eighty four. As it went on to the franchise took over one point four billion. Fucking bad for a movie that sold for a buck. Before James Cameron became famous for directing blockbusters titles like Titanic and Avatar, he was just an unknown filmmaker. I knew that with an ambitious idea. In order to get his movie made, he handed over the rights to the script for a token amount on the terms that he would be allowed to direct the movie despite event uh eventful, event eventual, that's the word I'm trying to say success on the project. Cameron later admitted that he regrets the decision to sell such a valuable story for such a low amount, saying, I wish I hadn't sold the rights for one dollar. If I had a little if I had a little time machine I could take. If I had a little time machine and I could only send back something the length of a tweet, it'd be don't sell.
Speaker 1: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: He it saying, just let me direct it. But isn't that crazy? Like you sold something, it made a lot of money, but you were just like, I want to be part of it. And it's still credit. And then he went off to do that because he got that fucking credit. He got credit.
Speaker 1: That was it for doing this movie, because.
Speaker 3: And he sold his credit for one point four billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Another fun fact, isn't that nuts Terminator two was far better than the original.
Speaker 4: Still I'm still I'm still saying that that Terminators sold for one point four billion, And.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that's crazy, right, you think about that, that you create a film essentially and that T two is as now it's gone, is now known, there's three four five six, there's a.
Speaker 3: Buck Oh I meant like actual good.
Speaker 1: But T two was great. Man, that's with fucking one of my favorite actors.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh damn fuck, there's problems upstairs. My dog's all right.
Speaker 1: So everybody ww dot Strange podcast dot com, follow us, buy some merch. Is how you support us the best?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Jordan's best, alright, go.
Speaker 8: Fund yourself, stupid, Get a fly by.
Speaker 11: Droo a Colosi of the view, give me them one Too's in the black and Blue and the craft that new second around till leave you for Daska, fur me pounds.
Speaker 1: I'm like fuck that you know him all the kidding. It's always a good sign when you hang it with Ellie.
Speaker 4: Until it brings too much wine and starts talking about a lily.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, it's just a make You can see that ship from out of the space. It's like an ass brunt just hit her face. But of god, opposite one's never hurt us. You got the black coy, but you have the per Ziller right inside. And it's way too late walking home.
Speaker 12: I can't feel my face always jump, and he feel so great right outside, and it's way too late walking home. I can't feel my face always don't, and he feel so great.
Speaker 1: Zucker toes in Baghetta.
Speaker 11: Folks don't win knows that, like you said, you actually expose your brain and fat into the black crows.
Speaker 1: I'll close down door.
Speaker 11: When you're laying dead, I'll go get a rope coat hang instead, hang ahead, slid through what choke game and lad brain dead and you.
Speaker 1: Stay safe in your homestead. And I stayed stone and stand and always will. You're stolen still and this is all the shrills. I hope you are a killed. When we spoke, I wouldn't costs killed now they don't you come to.
Speaker 13: The smaller bills, slippery slope, fab through the moss bills. I haven't different approach super monstrous hip coke and never.
Speaker 1: Swallow mills, get choked all for a deal if you get a real We're out in Simon. It's way too late.
Speaker 3: Walk in home.
Speaker 12: I can't feel my face always stunt and it feels so grain. We're at in Simon, it's way too lade. Walk in home, my dad feel my face always? Don't they feel so grain?
Speaker 13: Your death would be a great Andrea, Well, let's see the hate that exists to me. You won't persistently live these FICTIONI no beliefs and telling you're life it's a living dead seat. And I'm still with the knife walking in and get you say, little beef on the rail, Knight's cooking for the druskin.
Speaker 1: The eats isn't a leaf too good?
Speaker 11: I'm not literally if I'm when you hit the lips, sitting in the mystical funk, and if I'm not gotten?
Speaker 1: But who is the last time you been to a rent submission? Clueless?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 1: Ain't that cute, bitch?
Speaker 13: And I know you're fucking strupid. And I know a fifth grader that's smarter than you is. By this age, you should know you're not smart.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna argue right out.
Speaker 1: Simon's way too late walking home.
Speaker 12: I can't feel my face always don't it feels so great?
Speaker 8: Right in?
Speaker 12: Simon is way too late to walking home. I can't feel my face always don't feel so great.
Speaker 11: Reason that the girls liked me was they liked my hum said, we check you down here to Beverly Hills, and we want to get you in because you're a star.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Boy, it's you're a star. And I went and I got on a certain board, and I.
Speaker 12: Rode around, and I looked, and I said, Jude, where.
Speaker 1: The chief got sols? This is more This is more trouble than what I just got out of