Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Happy Thursday, guys, Ye buddies. First things first, the first talkback of the day. You know how this goes. It doesn't matter who it's from, what it's about. We played some weird ones before, but we're sticking to our ward that. You know, that doesn't matter as long as it's the very first one we're gonna play it. So here is today's.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, Hey Graham, this is Eve. You slid into my DMS if you only knew anyway From the Filipino community of the Bay Area. Maligay Young Bati, Maligay, Young Batti, Maliga, Young Batti, maligai Ya Maliga, Young Maliga, Young Batti, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Ground appreciate that. I appreciate that. Thank you for leaving that talkback. She looked at it like twelve oh one. She was on it trying to get that first talkback. I appreciate that. Did she say, I slid into hurt to you?
Speaker 2: That's what I heard. Interesting, More importantly, I had no idea today was your birthday?
Speaker 4: Yeah me neither. Wow. Oh, happy birthday. She is delivering a bag of goodies to me.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, he didn't bring a gift bag. We all forgot that part's in a safety bag.
Speaker 4: But next, you know, you guys really toss it up. There's some cupcakes in a balloon and some various items in here. But more importantly, well what did you get? Tell everyone you to open each yesterday?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: We got a We got some cupcakes, which I assume is for you guys to share for all of us. Yeah, and we got a Starb's card because it's pumpkin spice.
Speaker 6: Star cream plew on us starts today.
Speaker 4: We got some Belvida soft baked banana bread, some banana bear okay, we got some uh some truly's in here, some sour patch kids, and some socks that say it's okay to fart. Thank you, guys, appreciate you guys. That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: It was a great point.
Speaker 4: Good point. Thank you guys. You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Graham. Happy birthday twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Well I was twenty seven and a half, so I guess twenty eight now twenty eight?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Why, oh my god, it's all happening.
Speaker 2: How do you feel?
Speaker 4: Wait? I was twenty six and a half. Now I'm twenty seven. I can't really remember. Okay, yeah, we'll work on that field together. It's also very important birthday today. It's my twin sister, Robin's birthday. Happy birthday to my other half Robin. She doesn't listen to the show because she's a hater, you know, I'm just kidding. She doesn't live in the area, but you know, she could listen through the iHeartRadio for the podcast, but I don't really think she does. But like, happy birthday, Robin birthday.
Speaker 2: I really forgot that you had a twenty Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too. That's yeah, she's kind of insignificant. You don't have twin she's the best. No, she's awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't give twin energy, Jess.
Speaker 2: I know you have something. Let's do that really quick.
Speaker 7: So I stumbled upon this creator's page, and I think this is perfect since Grandma is turning a year older. This is how you can test how ancient you are.
Speaker 2: On twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seriously, So this is how his videos go. I'm gonna hum a song for you, and if you recognize it, that means your ancient, decrepit, feeble, dilapidated, rusting, crusted, and should be wearing dippers would be sixteen nursing home. Oh ready, okay, are we guessing with this? What this is?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna play it from the top. Here we go. I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: Did you figure it out? I bet you did? The old trout, Wow, I had no idea what that song was. I mean, I do, but I can't think of the name of it or who sings its gotta be a boy band.
Speaker 2: It's it. Tear it on my heart? Yet one of them, one of them ancient?
Speaker 4: You're an ancient trout.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually got it wrong.
Speaker 4: Sure, keep telling yourself that is there another one?
Speaker 7: Here's another one, and I doubt you guys will.
Speaker 4: Get this one.
Speaker 2: So it'll make you feel younger.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking the marry Did you figure it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 8: That? What it is like?
Speaker 4: Journey to figure it out? All the most iconic songs of all time, Like that's.
Speaker 2: A everyone that I wouldn't have got that one. I was house humming.
Speaker 7: Wasn't gonna be like as great for this one.
Speaker 4: It was not good, but I knew it instantly. Dang it hilarious. All right, I'm an old bag.
Speaker 2: You're only twenty seven and a right right right. Happy birthday, by the way, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 5: Morning JV show, Julifa Valley Springs.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday grad.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 3: Yesterday's show, I was podcasting and Gludsie Gobbler had me dying.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm usually team Graham, but good job, Cheaty.
Speaker 4: So was hilarious. I can't wait to see what's next.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday?
Speaker 9: Who gets the bars?
Speaker 4: Good point? Yeah, if you missed yesterday's show, go back and podcast. But she Cheaty tried to. We have a bit of a prank war going on. These aren't, you know, out outrageous pranks. But none of us have gotten a car wash, and it looks like several years. So we've been writing different things in the dust on each other's car. Someone has to blink first and get a car wash. I don't know who that's going to be. I'm thinking, I'm thinking about it. And I had written some stuff on a Cheaty's car in Justice car, and then they tried to get me back and they wrote Glizzy Gobbler on my car and I didn't see it, and I drove all over town from here back to nap but you name it, and everybody saw the glasy goblinmobile. And so then I decided to retaliate yesterday. But I believe Cheaty may have caught it before she lived a broad I did. I literally stood.
Speaker 7: I opened my door and stood up to see if I could see anything on the top, and then gram book my whole number.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, right under the downstairs DJ that I had drawn on the on the roof of a car. Wrote text me and I, oh my god, I'm so saw that. I wanted people to be texting you to try to hire the downstairs.
Speaker 2: DJ for the next kid's birthday party?
Speaker 4: Right right?
Speaker 2: Is this ever going to end?
Speaker 4: No? Well, someone wash all right?
Speaker 2: So there is an alleged leak. Okay, a new color of iPhone. So they're gonna come out with their iPhone sixteen pros. That's already a thing. I can't even keep track of these things.
Speaker 4: I just know that.
Speaker 2: There's reports that there's been a leak of some new colors that are going to come out this fall. One of them is kind of like a bronze, and they're calling it desert titanium and everybody hates it. So it's on our story JV Morning Show, Meet Her. I don't think it's that bad. But everyone is like, oh my god, iw it looks like ear wax gold, it's ish brown. I don't I honestly, I don't think.
Speaker 4: It's that bad. I like it, Yeah, I do what.
Speaker 2: Everyone is trashing it, and I can't figure out why.
Speaker 7: I don't really like how the camera area looks though. It looks kind of weird.
Speaker 4: That looks stupid. Yeah, the triangle, Yeah, that thing looks ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a little weird. Is that how they all look?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm still on thirteen. No, I have a I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I feel like mine's kind of new. I don't like the look of that, that triangular camera.
Speaker 2: It's weird, but the color, the color is fine with me. I like it. And also, aren't you just gonna put a case over it? Yes, well a lot of like I have a ClearCase.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is true. Most people put a case on it, and then you don't see it, and there's all this like thought that goes into I've said that about cell phones for years. We designed these like beautiful looking sleep phones and these and then but yeah, you don't want to shatter it into a million pieces because they're so expensive, so then you put some ugly case on it. Why not make a cell phone that you can drop and it doesn't break. You know, they could do that. It's not that hard.
Speaker 2: So why don't they? Oh, because we'll have to keep on buying.
Speaker 4: Buy a new way. Oh interesting concept.
Speaker 2: All right, So if you want to see the iPhone that's come out this fall or the color that everybody hates.
Speaker 4: I think it's cute. She's kind of nice. Yeah, it's really bland. What I can't imagine having such a strong reaction to that color. It's just kind of like it's like it's kind of sandy. It looks kind of sandyea is that JB Morning Show?
Speaker 9: One more talk Back Morning JB's Show. This is Tracy D from Sabato. I just wanted to say happy.
Speaker 3: Birthday, Happy birthday baby, Happy birthday, Graham.
Speaker 9: I hope you have a good day. And twenty seven and a half so you're twenty eight years old, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: The part I wish. Thank you, Tracy, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 4: Four nine, Good Morning JV Shows.
Speaker 10: This is Natalie's the Sacramento. I've been you guys three years since I moved out in the Bay Area, and I have today one hundred day sober. I've been in recovery for a long time now, and I'm really proud of I'm simple baby, trying to stop me. So I would love a shout out love you guys.
Speaker 4: Wow, hundred days. Nice job, Natalie, who gives the fart?
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: We give a lot of parts. That's incredible. Keep up the good work.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I'm about to save a whole lot of lives real quick. You can unshrink your crocs.
Speaker 4: Why would they shrink? Because when you leave.
Speaker 2: Him outside in the sun, they shrink. Leave him in a hot car, they shrink.
Speaker 7: I threw away like three pairs because they This is the thing.
Speaker 4: Why would I want to buy crocs again? Spend the money on the other shoes to shrink and then you could dazzle them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can decorate.
Speaker 4: Still waiting for anyway.
Speaker 2: So I came across this TikTok. So if you have shrunken crocs, you.
Speaker 4: Can put them in the microwab No, but.
Speaker 2: Kind of close. Oh, because you want to heat them back up. So you can either like boil them or put them, yes, or you like put them in the dryer with some damp towels that or you can just heat them up with the hair dryer that way they get all soft and then you just wear them again right after and they'll stretch back out.
Speaker 4: So I don't get it. They're out in the sun getting nice and hot, and that makes them shrink. Now I'm getting them hot again, and it's going to go the opposite way.
Speaker 7: But because you get them hot, I'm assuming when your foot is in there right.
Speaker 2: So that is so right after then you put your foot back in there and like wear them immediately and then it'll stretch back out to your foot.
Speaker 4: You got to put on some boiling hot crocs onto you. You can get them to stretch out slightly. Again, I wear.
Speaker 2: Socks with crocs. You have to wear socks with crocs.
Speaker 4: Thank you. If I don't want to wear crocs, which I never would never, but if I did, I'm not pulling up some knee high socks under them. That to me is not the look.
Speaker 2: I mean, no sock. Crocks to me is not the look.
Speaker 4: See I would go no sock.
Speaker 2: I'd go sock.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's better than and me. They're in the realm of sandals and I would never ever be caught.
Speaker 2: Wearing the close toad shoes.
Speaker 4: You know, Jean's from Wisconsin. It's cancer. Yeah, but they're still sand to asque to me because they got the heels open and then all the holes in them. So and they're made out of rubber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cute, all right, Jess what do you got?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: I know we lost I know we've all looked up our house on Google Maps, right like you curious.
Speaker 7: But something that's becoming a lot more popular is people going on there and requesting that their house image gets blurred, which I didn't even know this was the thing.
Speaker 4: And they'll do that for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's mainly to prevent home invasions if you or if you're outside in your underwear when the Google Map camera comes out.
Speaker 2: I think guy's ever been caught on one of the pictures. No, there's one of me like Hella pregnance.
Speaker 6: Me and my daughter were like, we're like out for how did you find it?
Speaker 4: I don't know my daughter found it.
Speaker 2: Is it still there?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, please find it. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This was a few years ago. I don't know if it's still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they update them pretty frequently frequently, But if you could find that screenshot that nothing would make me happier on my birthday. That would be there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll be able to find it, because it wasn't even in front of like my house. It was you know, somewhere like in the neighborhood. But my daughter found it.
Speaker 4: Man, I want to see that so bad anyways, But this.
Speaker 7: Is yeah, this is something that you can request if you search up your address, you go to settings and report a problem, and it gives you the option of electing what area you want to blur because I guess if you want to blur out your car, if you are outside and you want to blur yourself out, you can do that too. And it may take a while for them to actually make the changes, but it's kind of cool to know that it's an option.
Speaker 6: How does it prevent home invasions? I guess yeah, if I want get them. I'm a home invasioner. I mean a blurred image on Google Maps is not going to stop me. If I drive out your house and I want to steal everything in there, I'm still.
Speaker 4: Going to do it, and I'm still going to be able to find it on Google's blurry doesn't mean there's not an address still associated with said blurry house.
Speaker 7: I guess if someone is just so happens to be looking on Google Maps and they see a really fancy house, maybe they're more likely to go to that one to you know.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, criminals, Uh, we've gotten lazier, and you know, they want to just rather than go drive around the neighborhood and have to pay money for gas and spend the time you cannot leave your house and just look for neighborhoods. Yeah, things out they comfort your own home. I guess maybe that's why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean technology makes everything easier nowadays. But if you want to blurt at least that there's the option, you know, if you want to blurt your stuff out or yourself out.
Speaker 2: If you're there, Yeah, now got to find me and blur me out.
Speaker 4: No, I go, Why why we want.
Speaker 2: To see it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's the name of your street? Why not? Because just your street, not your address?
Speaker 2: No street. I don't need that info out there.
Speaker 4: Wow, it sounds nice, it sounds fancy. I'll find it.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna search on Google magn streets of Hayward till I.
Speaker 4: Find I mean virtually drive up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not actually well, good luck with that, honest.
Speaker 11: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: And trending is sponsored by Mensie Needs.
Speaker 7: Visit Mensia Sleepworld for the Labor Day cells event, or visit sleep world dot com.
Speaker 2: So Taylor Swift has finally broken her silence about that bombing plot that got a few of her shows canceled. So this was a couple weeks ago, In case you never heard about this, her Vienna shows were canceled because authorities uncovered a plot and they were in the process of making arrests. I think they arrested like three people because of this, and I don't know if you noticed a lot of Swifties did that. Taylor remained silent throughout this entire ordeal, and now yesterday she finally spoke out. So here's some of her statement. The reason for the cancelations filled me with a new sense of fear and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows. So I decided that all of my energy had to go towards helping to protect all those people I had coming. My team and I worked hand in hand with stadium staff and authorities every day in pursuit of that goal to protect people. She said, let me be very clear, I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows. So she thought maybe by speaking on it, people would want to do that to future shows. So she waited until that leg of tour had wrapped, which it finally did. She said, in cases like this, silence is actually showing restraint and waiting to express yourself at a time when it's right. My priority was finishing our European tours safely, and it's with great relief I can say that we did that.
Speaker 4: I don't what do you think, Selenna to me, like, I sort of get it, but I also sort of don't.
Speaker 2: I sort of get it, but I also sort of don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I just said, but I don't think Taylor would. She's not one to stay silent on things, especially when it comes to her.
Speaker 4: A lot going on in the news regarding her, and she's been silent about a bunch of it, notably some very you know, political things, and she hasn't come out to denounce them or say anything about it. And I'm to me, that's shocking and almost like a major misstep on her part. I don't know, Like I feel like there's been a couple of things lately that I've warranted a response from, this being one of them. And to say, like to come out and make a statement saying safety is are number one priority, I don't think is like provoking or in sensing new violent you know, attempt you know what I feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like, if anything, it would do the opposite effect, because who's gonna want to try anything in a future show after that just happens, knowing security is going to be up by a thousand.
Speaker 4: It's going to be even more heightened.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't see that. Yeah, like you know, trying to then there's gonna be other copycats and other people trying stuff. Because she gave a statement about it, it was all over the news. Everybody one. I don't know, but like clearly there's a lot of thought that goes into you know everything about Taylor is so basically calculated control. Then her team manages her image so so closely, so clearly. They they were in the room having meetings about this probably for weeks, but I do we talk now? Is today the day? I don't know? Then they all like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do wish like this. If Taylor feels in her heart like no, I need to say something to my millions of fans, I wish she would do that regardless of what her team says.
Speaker 4: Agreed. You know, again, she has probably the final say and the biggest platform of almost anybody on the planet currently.
Speaker 2: So Ronda Rowsey did a Reddit AMA and it totally backfired on her. So like ten years ago, Ronda Rousey, if you don't know, she was like the biggest name in UFC right that she got into wrestling anyways, So she thought it'd be a good idea to do a Reddit AMA this week. That'sn't ask me anything, and it went left so fast. So back in twenty thirteen, she shared a conspiracy theory video about a mass shooting that had happened back then, and people are not letting her forget that. So the AMA was supposed to be about her upcoming graphic novel, but literally every single question was about that video in her stance on this trag incident. One of the questions was, you know, are you or a lot of them were you know, similar to this, are you ever going to apologize to the victims' families? Another one, much like wrestling, is stage. Do you want to elaborate on how you thought that event was staged? This is my favorite one. Do you plan on firing your PR team for this dumpster fire?
Speaker 4: The AMA? Wow?
Speaker 2: Every single one was negative.
Speaker 4: I mean Ronda Rousey, she fell off career arc was like you've never seen a more meteoric rise, you know, to superstardom in you know, the fighting world, and then she suffered a couple you know, defeats, and then it's like you go from being the baddest thing nobody can touch you, and then all of a sudden, you're just fell off back to she tried the wrestling thing, and I don't I'd never really heard much about it, so I assume that wasn't like, didn't make huge.
Speaker 2: It was okay for a while. I don't think she doesn't do it anymore. Yeah, Yeah, I haven't heard her name. In years you end up answering any of those questions. I hope not.
Speaker 4: But I mean again, that's here's your opportunity to say something about something I made a mistake. I shouldn't have shared that. Yeah, I don't believe any of that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that she said any of those things. No, I don't think so, Graham.
Speaker 4: Look sure, we said farewell this week to the Battle of the Bay, the Bay Bridge series between the Giants and A's, But I guess we still have some you know, Battle of the Bay esque something living on a little bit because we have Niners and Raiders. That rivalry is still going. The Raiders are, of course, though just in Las Vegas, no longer here in the Bay area. Well, unfortunately this is just a preseason game, but tomorrow the Raiders are going to be hosting the Niners in Vegas. That game kicks off at seven o'clock. Still a fun one, even though third preseason game generally sometimes you get some starters that want to play. Some coaches hold everybody, all their starters out because they've seen everything. So it'll be interesting to see who actually suits up and takes the field in this game. But there will be fights in the stands, of course, because the hallmarks of any good Niners Raiders game, and I'm sure it will be. I'm sure there'll be an element to that. I mean. The biggest question marks loving for the forty nine ers is still no contract deal done with Brandon Ayuka, no trade that's happened, so clearly it seems he's gonna stay with the team, but they haven't been able to work out a deal, and no new contract or any sort of resolution yet with Trent Williams, which are so two major questions for the forty nine ers going into this season. Yeah, but I think both guys will be there.
Speaker 2: And also remember, even though the Niners are going to win, does it matter, it's just preseason attacking the other fans.
Speaker 4: It's just pre season, just a game.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 5: Good morning JV Show. It's Matt from San Jose. I want to give a special shout out birthday. Shout out to Graham who gives a fart.
Speaker 4: Who give you here in the bay.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Graham, will be a great day.
Speaker 4: Yes today, birthday, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Had All right, let's get to what the bleep where you can win a JB show Chug mug. As always, she's got to be the very first person a guest. Today's believed out word if you ever want to leave your guests, and we hope you do do that on the talkback Mike on the Free iHeartRadio app. Let's get to it. Today's clip.
Speaker 4: My mom used to just keep her out by her bed. Back then they didn't have the battery ones. You had to plug this thing in. Why are you gonna do me like that on my birthday? Come on, you know my mom already woke up this morning. My mom text me every year on my birthday at the time that I was born, which is like five oh four in the morning. She knows I'm up, you know, for this job. So she already had already texted me this morning and right at five oh four whatever the exact time is saying happy birthday, which I thought was really sweet. And then you go and do something like this and try to besmirch the great name of Mary Herbert.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know what was on her nights. Then I have an idea.
Speaker 4: I think I have an idea to all right, stopping you sick. This is the family show. So leave us a talk back with your guest with a very PG answer. Put some respect on Mama Herbert. Leave us your name, your city, and then your guests. You got to be the very first correct answer the morning to win that JV show, Chuck mug.
Speaker 1: Let's go the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: A lot of talk bags coming through this morning.
Speaker 5: Good Morning JV's show. I just wanted to say that I love your show. I listened to it all the time on the pod. I struggle with driving anxiety sometimes and I found that listening to something funny really helps. And so you guys are my go to So I love you guys. Happy birthday, Graham. And also I was listening to the pop from yesterday and there's forty six chromosomes twenty three pairs. Thanks Bie.
Speaker 4: Oh wow. Well, first I was going to say thank you for the happy birthday, Thanks Fran, thank you for listening to our show. I appreciate you thinking that it's funny because I had laughing at this show in a while, I know. And then but then you would all podcast police and try to actually that's not podcast please, Yeah, did we not say pairs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now, I'm sickond guessing everything. I don't know who knows our mistake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, By the way, thank you so much listening.
Speaker 9: To the V Show.
Speaker 2: We appreciate the talk back. All right, Now back to what the bleep? Where you can win a JV Show Chug Mug. We play this game every morning. Seven five is when it kicks off. We want you to be there for the start of the game because you have a better chance of winning. So you gotta guess what the bleeped out word is? You do that believing your guess is on the talkback mic on the free iHeartRadio app. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 4: My mom used to just keep her out by her bed, and back then they didn't have the battery ones. You had to plug this thing in. Whoa keep that thing hidden?
Speaker 2: Just remember this is a family show, okay, so it's always something clean. Let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 4: Good morning JV Show.
Speaker 7: This is Mason and Madison from San Lorenzo and their mom.
Speaker 4: Our guest is.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. That's a good guess, Very good guess.
Speaker 4: That's one of the most popular guest is coming in this morning. Alarm clock. Good woman, that's not it interesting? Good morning. This is Rodrio from Tracy. Who's the bleepedout word?
Speaker 1: Home?
Speaker 4: Phone home?
Speaker 2: Hilarious?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Used to keep yeah, the old old court courted phone. Ye, used to keep one right there on the nightstand.
Speaker 2: Maybe bring them back.
Speaker 9: Good morning, thy family, and happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Graham is the bleeped out word for today's back massager.
Speaker 4: Happy Thursday, guy, back massage. Back then they called it a personal massage.
Speaker 10: Either.
Speaker 2: Continue to lead those guesses on the talk back mike on the Free iHeartRadio app again first person a guest Today's bleeped out words getting a Chad mug. All right, we're gonna play more guesses coming.
Speaker 1: Up the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Playing what the bleep? Where hopefully we can give some buddy this JB Show chug mug. So this game we played every morning kicks off at seven o five. Who want you to be here for the start of the game because then you have a better chance of winning. You gotta guess the bleeped out word, as always, lead your guesses on the talkback mic on the Free iHeartRadio app. Now in case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 4: My mom used to just keep her out by her bed. And back then they didn't have the battery ones. You had to plug this thing.
Speaker 2: In whoa because she was using up all the power.
Speaker 4: Light flicker hit, the buttoning had some horsepower. This is a.
Speaker 2: Family show, remember that. So the word is always some bad thing.
Speaker 4: I found that thing. I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this your guess has got to be clean. Get your mind out of the gun.
Speaker 7: Used to go.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to your guesses on the talk back.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 7: My name is Riley and I'm from Livermore Andike and I think the bleeped out word is oxygen.
Speaker 1: Have a nice day.
Speaker 4: Oh, good guess. A lot of people guessing some kind of sleep app nea machine or oxygen or something like that. That's mama. Herbert didn't have the sleep apnea.
Speaker 2: Okay, good guess though.
Speaker 5: Good morning and happy birthday, Graham.
Speaker 4: This is Rainough from Pittsburgh. Is it a heated blanket? Oh, that's another very popular guest this morning. Some kind of.
Speaker 2: Love heated blanket.
Speaker 4: I hate.
Speaker 2: Better than getting.
Speaker 4: Waking up sweaty and uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that part's gross, But first get into bed. It's already just all warm waiting for you.
Speaker 4: No thanks, I want I want those sheets icy cold. Good Morning, JB Show.
Speaker 10: This is Sammy from Santos and I think.
Speaker 4: The bleeped out word is reading light.
Speaker 10: Thank you have a great day.
Speaker 4: That's another was another very popular guest this morning.
Speaker 2: So what is it? Because it can't be what I think it is. Good morning.
Speaker 12: This is Katrina from Martinez and I think the bleeped out word is radio.
Speaker 9: Radio.
Speaker 4: What's the world? Unbelieve My mom used to just keep her radio out by her bed. Back then, they didn't have the battery ones. You had to plug this thing in. Yeah, you want to listen to some tunes, you know, put on some music to set the mood. Because there was that one time when I was a kid and I had a bad dream or something, and I walked into their room and there was like maybe some music playing, and there was a bunch of candles lit. Yeah, And I never understood why until many years later I thought about it. I was like, ah, I get it now. So I'm like they have lights in here? Why why are there all these candles burning?
Speaker 9: That is so grown?
Speaker 4: Isn't it the worst?
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 4: The worst, like thinking about yeah, you're not thinking about that, but then also theen you think about how old they were then, and you know, as a parent myself.
Speaker 2: Graham, I don't want to think about mom and pop Herbert.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I don't either, But you know, I get it. I get it. I'm not gonna like say my mom was hot for something that I can't like. Our boss was like talking about his sister yesterday. She was a freak, but done by that's the I'm sorry, sorry, something totally different, all right, Just get some shout outs why we move on. Shout out good idea, save this disaster. First, obviously a shout out to Katrina and Martina. She's got a brand new JV show, Chudmug nice work. She had the very first correct answer this morning, but a lot of other people came with the correct answer this morning. But Leo and San Jose had it. So did Christine and San Bruno, Samantha and San Jose, What's up, Samantha, What's up? Cal and San Jose had it. Listen to this, our buddy Emma and Tampa Bay, Florida had it again. Jav shows still number one in Tampa Bay This morning, I checked. We gotta get her a chug mug. She's been really close on a bunch of these. She's gonna win. She's gonna win one of these mornings. I know it. Vaughan and Daily City had it, and so did our buddy Amy and Marlowe. The Wonder Dog once again came with the correct answer. They've been really close. Do you think the dog again is the one? Y I'll find the answers and then she gets on the app. Anyways, they've been close, So keep trying, guys, keep trying.
Speaker 2: We'll play again tomorrow. Don't forget. When you win, check your email. That's we're going to reach out you to get you this chug mug.
Speaker 4: Trust me, you want one to you.
Speaker 1: I don't want that chug mug the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we kick off the JV Show, yep nopegame big I, I just wanted to give a shout out to Castiy and Paulo Alto for their first day of school today.
Speaker 13: They're having their tie ceremony and I just want to give a special shout out to the class of twenty thirty and my little Sleigh Full seven I don't want to say her name, that she is a senator today and for this whole school year. So anyway, I just want to give a shout out to them. It's a big year for them, and a special shout also the class of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Ye love you guys name.
Speaker 4: Let's go senator, senators. I don't know, all right, well, let's go senators class of twenty thirty. That sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, but I'm only twenty two and a half, so not too far off, I suppose. All right, let's go to the phones. Hi is this Amy?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is Hi, Amy.
Speaker 2: How's it going? I having a good morning?
Speaker 14: So far, so far, so good.
Speaker 10: Just wait.
Speaker 2: And you have to go to work, Amy, Well, hopefully we can make this a great day for you by giving you a chrome Book. You're gonna be on to play the JB Show Up. Nope game. We're gonna ask you four random trivia questions. Now, if you get three correct, just three, that's all you need. You get a Chromebook.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go. Here's question number one? What color is pure caffeine powder?
Speaker 13: What color is pure caffeine powder?
Speaker 4: Yep's some random trivia right there.
Speaker 5: We told you some random trivia right there. Pure caffeine powder.
Speaker 9: Would it be brown?
Speaker 4: That's a good guess, though, That was a good guess. Like coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this is white.
Speaker 4: It's that white stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, white, careful, all right?
Speaker 4: Question question number two.
Speaker 13: Sure, I'm on, but I guess I guess that.
Speaker 4: Very wholesome. You're right, all right, Question number question number two. There are two swords featured in the logo of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and there are also two swords that can be seen in the logo of what other NFL team?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's the ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 4: There are people driving right now, there are out born Well this.
Speaker 2: Is so much when you actually on the air comparat when you're just relaxing.
Speaker 4: There are people in the Bay area, hint, driving around that are pulling their hair out right now because they're like, come on, god, no, the answer is the Las Vegas Raiders, Raider nations pulling their hair out. There are two swords back there in their logo. Anyway, that's a.
Speaker 13: Good come on, gram.
Speaker 4: I tried to give you a pretty good hit.
Speaker 2: Know you did.
Speaker 3: Raiders, all right?
Speaker 4: You know the Niners are gonna stomp them tomorrow, so.
Speaker 2: Keep them moving. You're still in the game. Question number three. Cleopatra was the queen of what country?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: You're on all right?
Speaker 14: Question and history pays off, guys, all right?
Speaker 4: Question number four? Who was the voice of Woody in the Toy Story movies? I like that? Like the confidence, just totally wrong.
Speaker 14: I know, Tom, they're both so they're both go so oh.
Speaker 4: Man, Tom Hanks was the voice of Woody Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: So technically you did not win the chromebook today. No, I'm so say, But Amy, let me ask you, if you did win, who would this have been for? I would do that.
Speaker 6: I'm a vet take and we're always scrambling to get a computer, so it would help the animal and help.
Speaker 14: Me with my word.
Speaker 2: Grandma should just give it to her.
Speaker 4: It's for the animal.
Speaker 1: Are they like?
Speaker 9: Amy? And Marlow the Wonder Dog, Graham the Wonder Dog?
Speaker 4: Wonder Dog is the wonder is? Marlow a cute dog, true.
Speaker 14: Dog, and he's got a health condition which is why he's a wonder dog.
Speaker 3: He's got a hernia and I adopted him.
Speaker 14: After my other dog passed away last March.
Speaker 2: So it would help me and him out one thing.
Speaker 4: We're a sucker for as animals.
Speaker 2: You can't. Come on.
Speaker 3: We got the medical expenses. We got the medical expense.
Speaker 14: You look it up, looking up, looking up. Megasophagus, megasophagus, which means I have to hold him up like a.
Speaker 12: Little baby every time I feed him regularly, three times a day.
Speaker 4: It's it's all up. Birthday now. You finally mentioned something important earlier too because of that. Fine ya, all right.
Speaker 2: Amy, congratulations, hang on, and he's gonna pick up in the next room and get you that chrome book. Okay.
Speaker 6: I thinks I have a great day.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday, Graham, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Amy. We just made so many people mad right now. But I'm still giving her the price. Yep, you can blame Graham for that.
Speaker 4: He was really all on Hamly Raider fans. They are not happy. A couple moms and my dms, You guys, moms and my dms. I got one says good morning, Grandma. I hope you can wish my son Dominic a happy birthday on Thursday, August twenty second. That's a good day to have a birthday. We've been listening to you every morning since he was little. We love you from Mom, Dad's sister and astro Buns. That's from Mom d Who do you think astro Buns is another sibling or a pet pet a pet? I was thinking it might be Grandma all right, So happy birthday, Happy birthday, Dominic. Another DM Hey Graham and JV Show crew would like to give a happy birthday shout out to my precious little girl, Alexis. She turned seven on Thursday, August twenty second. Again, best day to have a birthday. Thank you for being the little goofball that you are, Alexis and always bringing smiles to our family. We all love you. Also, Happy first day back at school to you and big sister jazz Men. We listen to you guys every morning. Thank you for being you. And that is from Mom Carmen. So happy happy birthday, Alexis. Hope you have a great.
Speaker 2: Day, birthday, Happy first day.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's Christina from Pleasanton and I just wanted to say happy birthday to us, Graham. It's our birthdays.
Speaker 4: I hope you have a great day. I'm gonna have a great day.
Speaker 12: I've already gotten flowers and cards, and hopefully you have something fun planned too.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to work like you have a great day.
Speaker 4: Bye you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye. Wait, Graham, do you have any plans for today?
Speaker 4: I wish I could a happy birthday to you as well. Birthday, yes, and most importantly, I don't have any fun plans today. I'm going to be working on the house. And then we got my daughter, Quinn's first soccer practice, so we have a pretty exciting day line though.
Speaker 2: Don't forget your voucher. Oh that's right, you got a voucher, especially.
Speaker 4: Something in later hopefully hottest things.
Speaker 11: It's all the stuff you need to know in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today and trending.
Speaker 7: Is sponsored by Mensiieds. Visit MENSI se World for the Labor Day cells event, or visit sleep.
Speaker 2: World dot com. Do you want to really quick explain the vouch your thing, Graham in a family friendly way?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, kids are listening to the car.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get on.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, how about this.
Speaker 2: There's reports that Ben Affleck and Jlo's marital issues started right after their wedding, when they were on their honeymoon. So check this out. They honeymooned in Lake Como, Italy, right like, everywhere they went there was paparazzi and Ben was not a fan of the cameras. And then when the cameras weren't around, a source says that they would barely even talk to each other, like this was supposed to be the happiest time ever. They just got married. So what was the deal? According to the source, when Ben and j Lo got back together this time around, he was just getting sober at that time, so he was in a really vulnerable state and that played a role in them getting back together. But then everything sorry, but then every sorry, But then once everything settles, there you go. They started having these issues because benj just didn't want to be like in the public like that. He wants to live a more private life and you can't do that when you're married to Jennifer Lopez. But he knew that going in. But he was also in a vulnerable state.
Speaker 4: Everybody's in a vulnerable state, stop it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He started to feel a little different.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: As for the five million dollar ring that Jayla was wearing, a sword gets that back?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, no, it was the wedding ring, right is that? Or is was it the engagement But.
Speaker 2: Then they got married and so she gets to keep it, right, Yes, and even if they didn't get married, I feel like she would still keep it anyways, because that's what she did with all her other rings.
Speaker 4: Did she really keep all of the literally? I justly has a separate room in her house to put them all on display.
Speaker 2: I just read this morning. She now has a ring collection because she's going to keep this five million dollar one from Ben affleck Uh. She now has a ring collection valued at overt seventeen million dollars engagement.
Speaker 4: Ring of a whole bunch of engagement ring how many? There's five? At least maybe six?
Speaker 2: I lost cow, But the most interesting to have.
Speaker 4: Her own jewelry case, like her own jewelry store.
Speaker 2: The most expensive one in this collection is the one that she got from Mark Anthony. That one is valued at six point five million.
Speaker 4: If you were an aflack, I mean, let's back up to that, you have to outdo the value of a previous man's engagement ring. Right when you're that wealthy, like, who cares you give her a five million dollar ring? What's the difference give her a seven million dollar ring? Who cares? I have to one up the dudes before you.
Speaker 2: Right, he didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Well that's where it all went south. Probably. I think we just figured out why they got divorced, do you, ladies? Let's talk about that. Would you keep a ring from a failed engagement? I think you'd want to get rid of that thing, not like throw it in the river or something, but wouldn't you want to sell it and just move? What are you holding onto that reminder?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh what could have been?
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't be able to like even stand to look at it. Let itoneware. Yeah, please get some money from it. Yeah, I would sell it though.
Speaker 4: Look, if you got a divorce, you're not holding onto your wedding ring.
Speaker 2: No, unless you're j Lo.
Speaker 4: Well again our rings. But I'll take the cash though.
Speaker 2: By the way, on the ring, this last one from benefflet that she plans on keeping the five million dollars when there was an engraving on it. Back in twenty twenty two, she revealed that Ben had engraved like inside the ring not going anywhere as a reminder.
Speaker 4: Of his commitment to her.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh yah know how that ended?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know how that. And does your any of your rings have a little message engraved in them? No? Oh, mine does must be Oh wow, it's secret. Just kidding. No, it says on the inside of my ring. Is pretty cool. I think I've talked about this before. There's a diamond on the inside of my rings for my grandma who passed away. And so there's a little diamond embedded on the inside. And then Kate had the inscription written that said, I'll love you more tomorrow. Oh wh this is very sweet. So this has sentimental value and obviously a ton of value, you know, because it's for my wife.
Speaker 2: I love that. All right, Graham, what do you haven't said? Today's hot is trending?
Speaker 4: All right? We got to talk about this high school principal. He's been placed on leave after something that happened at one of the school's rallies. If you want to see a little snippet of this, you can go to our instagram JV Morning Show. If are you guys not following JV Morning Show on Are you.
Speaker 1: Guys even trying at Instagram?
Speaker 4: You's mistake? Anyways, you can see a clip there. Now, this is at Boo Hootch I don't know how if I'm saying there Colony High School, and uh, what happens is the principal, Robert Nunas he's out there, he goes out. Now they say this rally was Las Vegas themed, which seems a little wow for a bunch of miners. But he is in a chair out at the center court, and the crowds very into this, and the mass school's mascot, now we don't know if it's a student inside that costume or another teacher whoever saw starts to give him a bit of a lap dance. I don't what the going on. Also does the same thing back then the mascots in the chair, and he does the same thing sort of back to the mascot, but it's real quick. Well, he has been placed on leave and the school district says they're investigating the entire incident. I do want you to go watch this video and let me know if you think it's warranted. I get that any sort of innuendo about stripping, although nobody is actually stripping in a lap dance. I don't you guys have any thoughts. I've watched the video a few times and I'm kind of I get it's probably a little inappropriate, but is it super over the top. Some of the kids said that he's super well liked principle, and they think he's great and obviously don't really think of anything of this. Some parents obviously upset.
Speaker 2: I think i'd be upset, honestly. I know that they're fully clothed, but just like what it's implying.
Speaker 4: But do you think kids this is a school live under a rock. They know that this is a thing.
Speaker 2: They know it's a thing, but it shouldn't be happening at a school.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean even even the name of like what happens in so and so stays and so and so, even.
Speaker 4: That is kind of like, yeah, they he shouts on the on the mic, that what happens at this you know school stays at the school or something. But it's Vegas themes.
Speaker 2: I think it could be worse. I do believe that it was all in good fun, that they meant it in a very lighthearted way. I don't think that it was their intention for it to be like this vulgar thing. But I just don't think there's any room for this at a high school.
Speaker 4: Again, this is in the Merced Union High School District and he's been placed on on leave while they investigate the incident and see if he's gonna, I don't know, lose his job over this.
Speaker 2: I guess he should have to lose his job.
Speaker 4: I guess when I saw the headline, I was expecting a lot lot worse than what I saw. Maybe that's it, but I do probably still think it goes over the line. I used to host the rallies at NAPA High School, and if this is the thing that gets this guy placed suddenly, I would have gotten placed on leave for like every single one as a student, and you were just a student there. Yeah, I got called the principal's office a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I believe that. All Right, check out that video JV Morning Show. It's on our Instagram story. Make sure you are following us.
Speaker 1: The JV Show. On Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, we got to talk back from someone very important. Hello, this is Kate quinnin Ford calling from NAPO with a special message.
Speaker 9: Happy, happy, and great day.
Speaker 7: Love me so much, have a great day, baby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your kids.
Speaker 4: That was so sweet. Foremost the fun. Secondly, I do want to say thank you to everybody I'm like overwhelmed by the number of talkbacks.
Speaker 2: And we can't even get sending me a talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Messages this morning and dms on Instagram and stuff. I really appreciate everybody, and I'm shocked that anybody even remembers.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't we remember?
Speaker 4: I don't you know, I don't make a big deal out of birthdays.
Speaker 2: Why you have us we make the big deal.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate you guys, Thank you, and thank you to everybody that listens to our show and left to talk back this morning. Warm my heart.
Speaker 2: One more talkback that just came in because I mentioned my daughter. She told me something yesterday that absolutely broke my heart.
Speaker 12: Good morning, JB's show. This is Dawn from San Jose and for Selena, just want to let you know that I have three grown up daughters. But seriously, they got on my nerves from thirteen to twenty five. So you'll be okay, great, don't worry, have a good day everyone, Love you guys, love your show, Love you guys so much, Thank you.
Speaker 4: So much again.
Speaker 2: My nurse thing started when she was like ten.
Speaker 4: I have a daughter mine story. Don't let that talk back fool you. She's very sweet, but she started getting on my nerves a couple of years.
Speaker 2: So I am, I'm like the mom here on the show. You know, I got a gaggle of kids. I have a daughter. Her name's Keana. She is twelve years old. She just started middle school this school year, and we talked about her a couple of times recently. You know, her first day of school was she's wearing Stanley cups. How she was embarrassed that I talked about what she wore to school. So she came to me yesterday and she asked me some sad music for this if you want and let me and let me just give some background. Okay, I when I was pregnant with her, and I like I announced my pregnancy to my mom on the air, like I practically called in. Didn't do this, but like practically had her on the air, but was like, well they were having her, but like I might. She's been just like a huge part of you know, my being. When I talk about my life, it's always surrounding my kids and her, and it has been for the past twelve years. And then yesterday she comes to me and she asked me if I can stop talking about her on the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's like wait at all, like a full embargered.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want me like talking about her going to school. She doesn't want people finding out that like it's her so, like I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't blame her, No, I get it, I totally get it.
Speaker 2: But what so do I have to like respect her wishes but you're the mom. That's something I make.
Speaker 4: The final call.
Speaker 2: I'm betting adults in this situation, but I also do want to like respect your privacy at the same time too.
Speaker 4: But it's like you're already part of.
Speaker 2: The I know, so I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, baby back in the womb at this point. It out and it's been a part of the show. She's a part of the show. I know she's part of the show.
Speaker 2: I know, what if you don't say her name, yes, if you give her a fake name, yeah, Kana backwards and and nayek No, it's not working.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I can't imagine like never talking about her and I'm talking about her now and she will be very upset. Well, yeah, I guess unless I talk about her at times where I know she's not in the co.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess that's what's probably right now, that's probably the workaround, right, we're just talking about it really early in the morning, late late after she's already in school.
Speaker 2: But like, it really broke my heart when she said that, because I know so many of you listening, like if you've listened to the JV Show, you know, over the years, and I even get this all the time, like on my social media, like people feel like they know us, you know what I mean, And I don't want to. And we feel like we know you too, like we see you out when we're like in target or whatever, and we just feel like like a family.
Speaker 4: And we have those segments devoted to you. Remember we had a segment called mom to Mom. Mom would give you. Moms would call it and give you advice about right. You guys basically raised her exactly. The Bay Area did raise her and as I speak for the whole Bay Area, and we're still going to talk about her, but you have to I also understand her side of it.
Speaker 2: You have to see her side because she is now going into middle school. That is a crucial area era.
Speaker 7: That's when you like establish your coolness.
Speaker 2: I thought I was helping the cool factor. Wow, I'm even wearing non ankle socks today, that's how cool I am to just this point.
Speaker 4: It is a crucial time in a young person's life, that middle those middle school years. But I didn't establish myself as a cool person in turn. Okay, you don't want to peak in middle school. You're right, you don't want to peak in middle school. But you don't want to peak in high school.
Speaker 2: You don't want to peak there. But I also don't want her feeling embarrassed or like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't want her to be walking through the halls and feel like people are talking about her and how cool her mom is.
Speaker 4: Those kids are on TikTok.
Speaker 2: They listen to this show, right, Maybe their mom's do too.
Speaker 1: But the JV Show on Wild.
Speaker 2: Ninety Good Morning JV Show, this is Kristen with a very special shout out to all the Emoryville Unified School District students on.
Speaker 5: Their first day of school today.
Speaker 2: The city of Emoryville whishes you so much luck on this school year, and let's make it a great one.
Speaker 4: Nice Emoryville.
Speaker 2: So is everybody back now?
Speaker 4: I think so? Think so? I think everyone that's what I thought last week.
Speaker 2: And look at Emoryville barely getting back. Yeah, a little late to the party. Oh no, but have a great first day, all right. Something we do every Thursday. Latest, where's my jewelry, Julie? All right, this is our meeting in the ladies room. Graham, you're in here already.
Speaker 4: What do you got? Smells weird in here, but thank you. That's just thank you for having me. Thank you for having me in here. All right. This woman posted on Twitter, I'm still going to call it Twitter, about a little situation she had on an airplane, and I want to get your lady's thoughts on this because a lot of people thought this was super super creepy.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 4: She actually didn't find it that creepy. She says a random guy that was sitting behind her reached forward, handed her a piece of paper and said, take this and read it. Read it later. And he even said it's not creepy, which should be your first indication that you're about to read on the note something creepy. No, he told her that, oh, take this and read it later. It's not creepy, he said, and then handed her, oh yes, piece of paper, and she said she followed his instructions and didn't read it immediately. Hello, you open it immediately and read whatever that is. But she did read it letter later, and she said it was a handwritten note complimenting her hair, and she says at length, there was a lot of stuff in there about how how great her hair was and how much he liked it, and a one hundred dollars bill talking. Okay, you guys were back in, she says, because everybody was instantly like, that's the weirdest, creepiest thing, Like.
Speaker 2: What the heck wait for having nice hair?
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe he was smelling it from one seat back, just leaning forward. Oh, that smells good, she says. This is the reason it's not. It didn't creep her out because she says he didn't leave a phone number. There was clearly no expectation or hope that we would ever interact again. So she's like, whatever he handed me this thing called them in my hair, a hundred bucks, that didn't hurt, and we went our separate ways, never to see each other again. No, ladies, would you be creeped out or flattered because somebody is admiring your hair? And also a hundred bucks ain't bad, it's still creepy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, i'd be a little flattered, like thanks, Really i'd be creeped out.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't show that you're flattered.
Speaker 4: But it wouldn't be inside.
Speaker 2: The compliment is nice all the time.
Speaker 4: This is cheaty, but I feel like it would be better if you just tell me instead of writing me a note.
Speaker 2: And then to be like, it's like that whole thing is just really weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's play out cheety scenario. A guy on a plane stands up, you know, behind you in the road, behind you, and leans forward. I just got to say I love your hair, and it just looks so silky and smooth, and like, honestly, i'd like to lay it down on the ground and just roll my naked body around. That's creepy. Well, you just said you'd rather have somebody say it to you. I'd rather for him. You have nice here.
Speaker 2: No, I don't rather somebody complimenting me in person and just saying like, hey, I really like your hair. Here's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: But it thinks no, that's that's way more awkward.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because if they're being really creepy about it, and they're just going on and on.
Speaker 2: You have to sit there and listen.
Speaker 4: Now you're stuck next to the entire flight. I'd know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody compliment anyone anymore, according to cheating.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, keep her compliments to yourself.
Speaker 2: Hey creep, All right, what would you guys do in this situation? So a woman on Reddit explained that her man proposed, all right, got her this ring, paid four thousand dollars for it. Then they go to get it appraised, and it wasn't diamond, it wasn't anything, it was glass. It was completely fake. Wow. And she said, quote, I don't know if he was testing me to like see if he can get away with giving me a fake ring. But as soon as I confronted him about it, he went and you know, let me pick out a different ring, and he paid for it like a real one. And everyone online is saying it's a red flag. Now the boyfriend or fiance, he's claiming he didn't know anything about buying jewelry, whether it was real fake, and he didn't know what to believe. He was just trusting whoever he had bought it from. Okay, would you believe him? Would you break up with him. Is this a red flag? Would you stay with somebody that gave you a fake ring?
Speaker 4: But then he turned around and bought another one? Yeah? But that?
Speaker 2: But was that only because she found out?
Speaker 7: I feel like it's really easy to get tricked though, if you go to a jewel restore. So I think I would believe him because there's so much that goes into engagement engagement rings and all that that I don't I don't even think I would be able to tell if a ring was fake or not.
Speaker 4: You can't unless you're a trained professional with a microscope. You can't tell the difference between a fake diamond and a real one.
Speaker 2: Unless you walk around with those diamond testers.
Speaker 4: True, is that a real thing? But can you even trust those diamond testers?
Speaker 2: Those are a thing?
Speaker 4: Are they? Yeah?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: I never was a diamond tester, know.
Speaker 2: If you're like being startastic I.
Speaker 4: Walk around with one? No, I don't.
Speaker 2: But they're a thing. Yeah, you can order one like off Amazon. It's the thing. But there are there are stones that aren't diamond that will pass a diamond tester.
Speaker 4: So it's not a diamond tester though.
Speaker 2: Unless you get a really good tester. I think I'm no experts, I'm no experts.
Speaker 4: What about? What about?
Speaker 2: Would you guys be cool with the ring that's not diamond if he tells me it's not like if it's like a ruby.
Speaker 4: Or something, you call it that for any game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if we pick it out and it's good, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you don't get to pick it out. Say he just hands you this ring and it's got a different colorstone in the center, not a diamond. Are you what's your gut reaction, Jess, you did not pick it out?
Speaker 7: As long as it's because I've already mentioned like the styles that I like, So I feel like as long as it's a style that I like, I'm okay with it.
Speaker 4: Is that passing the smell Tesselona?
Speaker 7: Now you can't tell because if you can't tell if it's real or fake?
Speaker 4: And if no, no, I'm saying this face is a red ruby, it's a it's a completely different color looking, so you know it's not a diamond. You don't know what that thing is. It's an amethyst or something. It's purple.
Speaker 2: No, I think i'd want a clear one. Yeah, so you would be disappointed this thing. What if you gets you like a pearl ring?
Speaker 4: That's my birth month.
Speaker 2: I like that. Go ahead, No, I don't want a pearl ring.
Speaker 4: Clearly wants a diamond, a damn diamond.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: So we were just talking about a couple things inside our meeting in the ladies room. Graham, you told a little story about a woman who received a creepy note.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was on a flight and the guy behind her passed her a note said open this later, and inside it read a bunch of stuff, compliments about her hair. Also included one hundred dollars bill. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was very creepy. Jess, you said you'd be flattered. I can't taking a hundred Yeah, well, I'm taking a head of regardless. He's that creepy.
Speaker 8: Good Morning JV's show. This is Gabriella from San Francisco. I just heard about the guy on the airplane with the hair compliment. I don't find it creepy.
Speaker 14: I think, you know, the fact that he didn't say that, the fact he didn't expect anything, says one thing. And then also, you know, maybe he's a poet, maybe he's a writer, and that's how he knows how to express himself.
Speaker 4: And that's a lost art right there.
Speaker 2: You know. Anyway, fine, I'll allow it.
Speaker 4: What if he's a poet and he loves poems about flowing hair, ranger's hair that he got back to create and hopefully on it, he loves your dramatic flare of the bows and ribbons.
Speaker 2: We were also having a discussion about rings. The woman on redda It says that her man gave her a fake engagement ring. It was just glass and supposedly he had no idea. And then we're talking about diamonds. Would you care if it was a different stone?
Speaker 9: Can we please talk about this ring for a second. This guy is confessing his love, telling this lady that he wants to be with her forever, and she goes and gets it appraised, like just take the ring and the gesture and be happy. Like, I don't understand. I think people have just lost the value of a proposal.
Speaker 2: Don't hold on. Don't people get appraised when they want to put insurance on it? I thought, so, yeah, yeah, because you care about the ring so much, I mean, you want to have insurance on it.
Speaker 4: Most people get Most jewelers give you an appraisal when you buy the ring, it's all right. They give it to you, They give us a certificate of the value with it, so you can take that to the insurance place, so she shouldn't have to then take it to get appraised separately. But can we talk about what she's saying though? We put too much dollar value emphasis on a proposal when the real takeaway should be that this person wants to spend the rest of their life with you. That should be the thing that's valued. Right, Yes, I agree with that. I agree with that.
Speaker 7: I also agree with the saying like to be known, as to be loved or whatever.
Speaker 2: That saying is, but not familiar because.
Speaker 7: Because I think it's because if your significant other gets gets you, you know, a certain type of jewelry that he got because he thought was cute, but he has no idea what you would like. Like you guys were talking about different color gems and stuff. If you've talked to them about the type of gem or ring that you would like and they go off and just get whatever else.
Speaker 2: They'd like, it's kind of like, dang, do you do you even know me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But what if it is Look what if it does look exactly like more? In this scenario, it looked maybe exactly what she wanted. That diamond just didn't turn out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, that's fine to me.
Speaker 4: You're truthful about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't lie about it, and I'll be okay with it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you knew ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would that would definitely change the hottest thing.
Speaker 11: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the bay.
Speaker 2: You're actually throw in one quick talk back really quick.
Speaker 4: Happy Thursday Thursday crew, chuck check check.
Speaker 12: Anyway, Grandma, you're still taking foward to that haircut place place where they.
Speaker 7: Don't like kids.
Speaker 2: Just curious how good they guys. Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 1: No, we're not.
Speaker 4: I've talked about that story a little while back. My son would go to a place and they'd give lollipops to the kids, and his younger sister was denied on multiple occasions. So no, he now gets his haircut somewhere else.
Speaker 2: A couple of things. Am I the only one who gives a fart that Nelly Nashanci had their baby?
Speaker 4: Well, just go to the who gives as apartment?
Speaker 2: Really for me? It's like a full circle moment, like when they got back together and then to find out they got married and they were expected anyone, Yeah, that's arrested, and I know who cares about that if anyone gives a fart. They did have a baby boy July eighteenth. Since I'm the only one, I'm just gonna leave it there, all right, Blake Lively fleeing Hollywood. So it's no secret. Blake Lively is I don't want to say, like one of the most hated, but she's one of the most talked about right now, and not in a good way. You know, all these mean girls moments have been resurfacing. Her snapping at reporters. You're just being rude, just not just not a very nice person from what it looks like, at least on the outside looking in. So now there's reports that she and Ryan Reynolds are planning to move to Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I don't know if you guys know this social account, do moy or something like that. They post a lot of blind items and they recently posted a tip they got from someone who's like, hey, do you have any like intel, Like, are they moving to Charlotte and she was like, or whoever runs this account was like, yeah, I've been hearing the same thing that they're wanting a more private life all of a sudden. Oh gosh, isn't that weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look I would do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't blame them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've been there.
Speaker 2: Looking at houses and schools for the kids.
Speaker 4: Once you hit a certain level of wealth, which Ryan Reynolds, I mean, she's done well for herself, but Ryan Reynolds has achieved like incredible wealth. That guy's worth a gazillion dollars. Like, wouldn't you at some point be like what am I doing? And why do I want to like be in the public eye just face scrutiny all the time and mean comments and stuff. I want to go live life.
Speaker 2: But isn't it funny how you don't really care about living life until you get dragged.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, sometimes that's a little nudget Hollywood's toxic.
Speaker 2: Graham, What do you have?
Speaker 4: All right? Move over? Netflix and Max Prime Video, Peacock, Paramount Plus, Disney Plus, Hulu, Apple TV, AMC Plus. Because Chick fil A just said, hold my beer. God, they want to get in on the streaming game. Chick fil A is going to be launching their very own streaming platform. I don't know if it's called like chick Plus or anything. We don't know yet. We don't know If it's Chicken Plus, that'd be a good name.
Speaker 2: Like what would they actually have on there.
Speaker 4: Well, they apparently have been working with a Hollywood production company and some other studios to create family friendly, mostly unscripted original shows, and they're in talks to license and acquire other already you know, created content as well. And they've got some chicken money to spend. Their budget for unscripted episodes around four hundred thousand dollars per half hour. So if you've got an unscripted Chicken family friendly show the like to pitch to Chick fil A in their new streaming platform, that's some serious scratch right there. Four hundred grand chicken scratches.
Speaker 2: Chicken jokes.
Speaker 4: Chick fil A obviously known more for their chicken and sandwiches and stuff.
Speaker 2: But they're saying and are they expecting to actually be able to compete with Netflix and Hulu and Prime.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I don't know if you can immediately right off the bat compete with any of the big players. But again, they got a lot of Chicken money behind it, and they could start. You know, they've got more. You know, they got tons of customers. They say, Chick fil A restaurants are like the most profitable fast food chains per location for the location. Yeah, and so naturally people that go there, maybe they do want.
Speaker 2: Some Chicken contact You guys in no.
Speaker 4: What if they get like your what if they get ninety day fiance on there? What if they get Love is Blind on there? You know what, enough Chicken money to get some Marquee show. Next thing, you know, you're going to be streaming Chick fil A.
Speaker 2: Then I'm in wait until that day comes that will sit on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: I'm out The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.