Speaker 1: It's seven five here at fifty five KRSEV talk station. It is Friday, and I'm very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas. Always looking forward to conversations with Congressman Warren Davidson, So let's have one. Welcome back to the fifty five CASSE Morning Show. Congressman Davidson. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, definitely my honors to join you. Thank you, and.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'll tell you what just before we dive on into the topics, including your appointment to the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee. What's it like Donald Trump hitting the ground, sprinting. I mean, this is what a whirlwind of activities we've seen since Monday. Your reaction.
Speaker 2: Morales high. I mean, what a great time to be in Ohio and anyway. But you know, the Golden Age of America is starting again, as Donald Trump has phrased it. But you know, we get two new senators, one of them isn't shared bround for the first time in ever. You know, we get the Vice President of the United States. The buck guys win a national championship, albeit over my Irish, so pretty good, pretty good time. And once all the parties, you know, got in her way. Kind of intermixed with that, Donald Trump starts cranking out executive orders. I mean the speeches were pretty good, but you know, we kind of thought, like, just break out the desk and start signing, right, But he hadn't taken very many breaks from signing since he since he took office. And these things are rolling out with some great effect and you know, changing people's lives for the better.
Speaker 1: Well, I must observe and just going to get your action because I am hoping and maybe against hope, I'm I'm trying to be optimistic about this, that this is the beginning of the end of the climate change religion. You know, I observe. Germany has cut its own throat. Its businesses and industry can't even operate because the price of energy is so big, and they pursued that green agenda so much so that they can no longer afford energy. And energy isn't produced when the wind isn't blowing and the sun isn't shying. So just the other day they were, you know, buying nuclear generated energy from France. Of all things, I mean, their economy, they were the powerhouse of the European Union, and they've just because of green policy, you have just sunk and it's it's it's sorry, it's it's it's a shame to see. But Donald Trump's going the polar opposite direction, and maybe we'll provide a springboard for Europe to do the same things. In other words, well, we'd love to pursue green, but look, the United States is going a hell bend for leather and producing cheap energy, and it's becoming a more of an economic powerhouse than it already is. We need them to survive. So because of Trump, maybe we'll walk away from this green energy nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I hope they save themselves. But I'm confident we're going to go to the right direction on energy in America and on manufacturing. And you know, that's that's what I was doing before I took office on an operating manufacturing companies. And you know who surprised. It takes a lot of energy to manufacture things right, and it takes people, and you know, without without people showing up to make the stuff, there's no stuff right. And you know, we've got so much good energy going on in Ohio, not just from the natural gas that's over in eastern Ohio. We we've got some strong energy producers down if you look at the mind Fort coal fired power plant right there. Hopefully we can extend the life of that. They were talking about turning it off because of all this climate change stuff, and we've got massive demand for energy. Why would we take supply out of the system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes to that. And then I understand Indiana's putting up a new nuclear plant, and I've just been really hoping that we would start going the direction of nuclear power. Given the modern nuclear plants are so comparatively easy to build and take up such a smaller footprint. They don't have the design flaws to say, the three mile island type plants with the big cooling towers.
Speaker 2: And the like.
Speaker 1: I mean that that's that to me, it's just to be a no brainer because it fulfills the climate agenda if you believe in it, zero carbon production, but also provides just bountiful and plentiful amounts of electricity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, it's all body with nuclear reactors our gain and fast track approval, and you know you've seen demonstrations on fusion. So I think nuclear age is going to be tremendous for meeting the needs. And look, you know, there were some problems with how HB six came in to deal with nuclear in Ohio, but there was a real risk we would take our two reactors that are in Ohio offline, following the Germans or something crazy. So thankfully we've got those operating and providing a huge baseload for our state.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Congressman Davidson, congratulations on your appointment to the Foreign Afairs Subcommittee. What are you going to be in charge of and what is the role that the subcommitte plays?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still on Financial Services, and there I'm the chairman for National Security and illictit finance, and that's because that part goes through Treasury all the ways to follow the money, the sanctions that you put in Treasury uses the power of the US dollar being the reserve currency to gather a lot of intelligence and do that in a foreign affairs way, but you also look at it in a domestic way, and it is certainly one of the things that I hope we do that a better job of is using all those tools not just to go after true enemies of our country, but enemies of our people. And one of The biggest is the scams that are being foisted on our senior citizens, in particular organized crime going after people. So that's the subcommittee that I'm the chairman of. But I'm also on the Foreign Affairs Committee, and there we'll be doing oversight over the State Department. That place needs reformed. Marco Rubio started out with a blaze, letting a lot of people go that have been in positions that haven't been advancing America's interests. So he's going to repopulate that with good people. And then we'll be dealing with Western Europe, with Europe, and of course hopefully we'll get a peaceful resolution in Ukraine. So those are some of the highlights.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned, you know, he's replacing, you know, keep people in various different departments, and I understand that, but the do you expect the regular frontline employees that aren't being replaced, but you know, hold over to the Biden administration. It may not, you know, favor or want to engage in helping out Donald Trump and his agenda. Are they going to play a ball with the new department heads?
Speaker 2: I mean the reality is obviously some of them won't. You'll have people like alex Vinman, who was a swamp creature that was chargeting Donald Trump over the call to Ukraine to say, hey, shouldn't you guys look into this Hunter Biden situation here? And that's what led to the first Trump impeachment was will weasel like alex Viannman. And when I asked, he said, well, you know, the president has a role in foreign policy, so you get to trust the pros like alex Vinman to really really comprehensively round out the foreign policy agenda. So there are certainly some of those folks, but part of the goal is, look all the things. All the agencies of the federal government have two ways they exist. One is they're authorized, and that's the authorizing Committee. In this case of the State Department, that's Foreign Affairs, in the case of Treasury that's Financial Services. So we will be reviewing all the authorizations and the structure of these entities this year and doing the appropriations, and so you can restructure whole division. So for example, Donald Trump's executive orders have put a pause they're going to get paid on administrative leave on all DEI people. Now, he would lose in court if he just said you're fired because they legally set them up under all the you know Biden, you know nonsense that was going on. And so they passed laws and funded this stuff. And we are going to pass laws and defund it and de authorize it, and and so that'll get us back focused. But in the meantime, some of the executive orders Donald Trump's done, and I'm sure in State Marco Rubio who's now confirmed, and eventually when Scott descent and it gets confirmed to be Treasury Secretary, they will be doing the same kinds of things down through the organization so that they get focused. And you know, when we get cash battel at the FBI, I mean, that is one of the biggest mandates is you've got to reform it. Hopefully soon we'll get Tulsa Gabbert confirmed as the Director of National Intelligence. You look at how the intelligence that we have great capabilities on intelligence, and we should, but they're supposed to be used against the enemies of our country. They were using these against parents. They're going after parents who showed up at school board meetings, people who peacefully protested in Washington, d Z. I mean, so all kinds of things that were you know, pro life pro life Catholics were targeted as enemys of our country by the FBI. So these reforms have to be done aggressively and across so many aspects of our government. And so you know we're going to that part of blends right into what the Trump President Trump has worked with Elon Musk on is doge and leaning out the government. There's a lot of this stuff that doesn't need to exist.
Speaker 1: Do you real quick, we'll take a break here. This is the second Congress from Warren Davidson. It all sounds grand and glorious, you know, pairing back the size of the scope of government and defunding these these unnecessary departments. Are any of these going to be stumbling blocks that you're going to face opposition from the Democrats so much so that you won't be able to pass the bill.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I can't believe Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski couldn't get behind p hexside. So that's very disappointing. Over in the Senate, you know, hopefully we'll get get our act together in the House. We've got an even smaller majority in the House than they've got in the Senate, so we are going to have to work together. We're going to be on a retreat next week, getting out of DC. You know, to me, it doesn't really matter. We're going to sit in the conference room somewhere, but we're going to go through a few struggle sessions to make sure we're singing from the same sheet music. Because the government's temporarily funded so March fourteenth. And the good news is we didn't fund it with Biden as president and Kamala Harris. I mean, the deadline was October first. But if there's a time to play kick the can, it's in the face of a big election like the one we just had. If we play this well and smartly, we could get a huge turbo booze to the Trump administration right here in the first hundred days by passing a Republican oriented funding package by March fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Well, I sure hope the Democrats wake up to the cold, harsh reality that the American people wants this, and that's why Donald Trump was elected president. So we'll see. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about that one. It's a little difficult, carsman.
Speaker 2: Davidson, Well, you're probably right to be a little nervous. Yeah, but you're dead right. I mean, look, I don't know very many people that thought Donald Trump was going to win all of the swing states that a lot of people thought he was going to win. But with three hundred and twenty electoral votes and a majority, that's a pretty powerful win. And so, you know, I think the people who have had enough of us, you know, woke nonsense where you know you're gonna go out and pretend that's not a guy when it plainly is. And then you're watching stuff like the Olympics where you've got a man beating up a woman in boxing. I mean, that's not sport, that's just crazy. And you know, it goes back to a couple State of the Union addresses ago. Joe Biden gave a State of the Union and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the governor of Arkansas, gave the Republican rebuttal, and she said, the dividing line isn't Republican versus Democrat, it's normal versus crazy. And I think that's a big theme of Donald Trump's executive orders, is that we're just restoring common sense.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, We'll pause, bring Congress Mom Warren Davidson back to talk about well Digital Currency, executive order and what is the big brother Ovary Jact More with Congressman Davidson. Quick word for my friends at Foreign Exchange, your premier European and Asian port automotive specialists. You want to take your car to Foreign Exchange because you want to save money. They charge less than the dealer, and you think that might mean well, poorer service maybe for mechanics that aren't highly trained. No, as certified Master technicians, factory train. They are excellent at what they do and they can fix your car. I don't even know what kind of car you've got, but if it's a traditional imported car, take it there. I know from firsthand experience, every time my oil is changed, I'm saving at least two hundred dollars over the dealer price. It's an amazing difference. Foreign Exchange Westchester location is the one I'm recommending. Take Tylersville egsitt off of seventy five, go east, just two streets and hanging right on Kingland Drive and you'll run right into it. And that's where Austin and the team will help you out. Full warranty on parts and service. That's important. That's what you get at Foreign Exchange and save money foreign X dot com form the letter X dot com online five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC the recent wild timer the channel ive first one to weather for Casco. Do you have mostly sunny day to day with the high twenty five clouds over night fourteen for the low thirty eight to high tomorrow with clouds body over nine twenty seven Sunday it's going to be mostly cloudy also with a higher thirty five. Right now it's twelve degrees in time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UC Holt Traffic Center. At you see healthy op fine, comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at U see out dot com. South Bend seventy five is doing fine through Lachlan, but slowing a bit near Western Avenue thanks to have broken down in the weft vane. Southbound two seventy five continues slow onto the Carroll Cropper Bridge from the Lawrence Park Ramp chuck Ingram on fifty five kre see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one Think about KRCU talks day ed Brian Thomas with Congressman Warren Davidson moving over to the Trump executive order on digital assets. What's your reaction to that one, Congressman Davidson, I am so excited.
Speaker 2: Look, central bank digital currency is one of the big things there. He banned it, said we're not going to do anything with it, and no part of the federal government is either. The reality is the Federal Reserve has been working to build a central bank digital currency. They've acknowledged they don't have the legal authority to implement it yet. But sort of like the Empire in Star Wars was building the Death Star. You know, they just promise we won't turn it on. We don't want you to build it, we don't need to design it, quit working on it. And I think that alone is a huge executive order. But you know, digital assets were targeted by you know, Joe Biden. Elizabeth warrens the ring leader of all this stuff, and her front man was Shared Brown. Shared Brown was leading this war on crypto innovation, financial innovation in America, in driving capital out of our country. So Bernie Marino defeated share Brown. Elizabeth Warren had to spend a lot of money in a tough race there in Massachusetts. If they weren't crazy in Massachusetts, she would have lost. But now Donald Trump has righted that fire a number of people already and issued executive orders that come along with it. It's going to cut up. They were debanking companies just because they were in crypto, and not that they were doing illegal things. They were selectively prosecuting and targeting companies, all designed to scare capital out of the space, and it was working.
Speaker 1: And so that's like that operation.
Speaker 2: The industry has been targeted in a bad way. So what good good news?
Speaker 1: That's like that Operation choke Point or chokehold that airic Holder did was targeting banks that did business with legal, lawful businesses like payday lenders or firearms manufacturers and threatening them with I guess audits, compliance audits if they didn't bend to the will of what aeric Holder was saying. That sounds like the same thing going on in other areas of government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly it. I mean operation choke Point. I don't know what this two point zero or six point zero, but the government keeps using the financial institutions is leverage to go after political enemies. And you know one of the banks that that was put out of business, Barney Frank of the Dodd Frank Act, you know, far left, the Democrat, had gotten out of government, retired and was on the board of a bank, and he's like, there was nothing wrong with this bank. It wasn't insolvent. It just banked crypto and so they targeted it, basically debanked everybody there, pushed it up, wiped out the shareholders, and transferred that to another bank. Us the power of the regulatory bodies, and so it is an incredible abuse of power financial services. We will definitely be going after the people that webinize the government that way.
Speaker 1: Great, it should be unlawful on its face to do that. If the business is lawful and people are it's not illegal to engage in that type of activity. How is it that somebody in government can try to prevent someone from doing it? Anyway? Congressman Davidson, the what is the Big Brother Overreach Act.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a little agency called the fin Financial Crimes Enforcement Network FENCE in for short, and they're, you know, the hub of our financial intelligence but you don't normally have to file a report to them if you've got a small business. Now, if you've got twenty or fewer employees in a small business, you've got to file a report and to say who are the beneficial owners? And these aren't necessarily people that own anything. We had a guy say, hey, he's being told he has to file. He's a retiree who's managing a homeowners association. Yeah, and they told him he had to file. And he's like, well, I don't own the homeowners association or yeah, but you control the money of the homeowners association, so you have to file. That hit.
Speaker 1: My wife's the treasure of your.
Speaker 2: Law firms in Cincinnati, Columbus, around the around the country that are saying, we will not file these reports for you for your compor corporations because they face jail time if they have error, zero mission on the applications. It is a disastrous law. And so the Big Brother Overreach repeals this law it's called the Corporate Transparency Act and just gets rid of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one hit my wife. She's the treasure of our homeowners association, so she was going to have to do all the paperwork related to that. I guess it was held up or the it was stopped in its tracks. Is that is that by way of a Trump executive order?
Speaker 2: No, not yet. We're trying to get the executive order to withdraw the rule, I gotcha, and pause it. But there was a court, I think the Area Circuit that put a put a nationwide injunction way right as the deadline was approaching. But just yesterday or day before, there was a Supreme Court decision to let that proceed, which essentially lifts the injunction. So we're trying to make sure that we don't cause more chaos with this just very badly crafted law in the first place, but the rule implementing it is an even worse train. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, and again going back to democratic opposition, are there democrats? There have to be Democrats that are with you and on board with what this will do and won't stand the way of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean this is one of those things like sort of like the Patriot Act. There are Republicans and Democrats that are for the Patriot Act, right, and there are Republicans and Democrats that are opposed to the Patriot Act. What happened is Democrats when they were in the majority, attached this bill to the National Defense Authorization Act. Donald Trump was president when it was signed, but it didn't really start to take effect until well into the Bide administration, and the agency wrote a rule on how to comply with the law. So the law to say that it had to be done gets passed by Congress, but then the mechanism of how to do it website set up the way you reply with the law. That was all done under the Bide administration. And that is even worse than the law mandating than did occur. But your Republicans broadly on the Committees of Jurisdiction here financial Services, the chairman french All and I were, you know, really the leaders on the fight to stop it, and we held it off for years because the agency wanted to do it. And first they put the monkey on the banks back and said, well, every bank has to disclose to us who owns everything under penalty of jail. And you know, well you can't do that as an agency. For one and two, you know, how are the banks going to know everything? Some companies don't even have a loan, They just want to open a bank account. And so they said, okay, well, we'll push it on businesses, and businesses you have to do this. So then the Chamber of Commerce lobbied and said, well, look, you to put this on the whole economy. And they said, okay, well just put it on the small businesses, and they didn't have a big enough voice by the National Federation or Independent Businesses has been a strong champion against this because now you get the smallestly sophisticated businesses in the country being mandated to do this stuff and they don't even know that it exists in some case, but because of all the attention, basically everybody's paying attention to it now that it affects, but it has huge consequences for expensive The presumption is you're guilty of illicit finance, money laundering, basically facilitating illicit activity because you own a business. And so I think that's why it should be struck down as unconstitutional. But you know, normally to get that kind of information, you would get a warrant or a subpoena, a reasonable suspicion suspicion of a crime, and you'd go to a judge and get a warren or a subpoena. That's the way our system is supposed to work here. They assume that you're involved in illicted activity. You have to come and share information with them.
Speaker 1: Unconscionable. It is. Well, I'm glad you're calling it out, Congressman Warren Davidson. We show the luck in the world to get in. That act passed, and we'll keep our popcorn out on the votes on that one until we get to speak again. Thanks for sharing your time with my listeners of me this morning, Congressman Davidson. I appreciate the work you do on behalf of the nation as well as a specifically, and wish all the hell best of luck and health in the world.
Speaker 2: Always an honor Bright. Thank you so much. Skeet bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir very much. Seven twenty nine to fifty five Kcity Talk station. Coming up next, Donna Merthy. Heaven's Gate Ministries has some services available for parents who lost to pregnancy. Sad topic, but great services. That'll be next. First, you have a firearm you want to master, Hey, how about the first pistol first shots class at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. You're not really good at shooting, or maybe it's your first firearm and you want to get the skill sets, or you're confident and walk away with the target that you're proud of. That's what happens in the Pistol First Shots course. But that's not the only course they have. They have a whole slew of courses available at twenty two three, but that Pistol First is really popular. They've expanded the number available because there's so many people signing up for it. But maybe how about the tactical Everyday Carrie Shooting series. You got your your experienced shooter, get into that one and hone. Your skills need to check all these amazing instructors they have there twenty two three. You're in a safe and comfortable environment that treat you like family. And it's a great store in terms of the number of firearms they have available, wonderful prices to always very competitive on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and find more online go to twenty two to three dot com. That's the number twenty two follow by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com fifty five KRC. A minute of Hope is brought to you by the