Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's say good morning to ABC's multi platform reporter Will Gans. Morning.
Speaker 2: Will Hey, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday. So this weekend you can go on an intergalactic journey. Is it worth taking the trip?
Speaker 2: I think it is worth taking. I mean, especially if you have the kids with you. It's Pixar, and Pixar does what it does so well. You know, last year we had Inside Out Too, which of course was a billion dollar block block buster box office blockbuster. Yeah, and this year, Eli Oh is the Pixar offering of the year, and it's about a kid who you know, is struggling at home. He is being taken care of by his aunt, and he doesn't have a ton of friends. So he is a big sort of space nerd and he's hoping that aliens will abduct him because he thinks he'll have better luck finding friends and making friends in outer space. And sure enough, that's just what happens. And it's really sweet, you know, it's colorful, it's funny, and in classic picks Our fashion, it tugs at the heart strings. So yeah, I mean, I had a great time watching this in theaters and you know, you know me, I got a little weepy too at certain parts, but it's so sweet. It is sweet. So I think if you do have the family and everyone's looking for something to do, maybe to beat the heat. There's a huge heat wave this weekend. El ee oh, is a great option to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you are, will, but there's no heat wave here. It's just going to be sunny and gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that sort of par for the course for you guys. I'm jealous. I'm jealous. We're expecting like triple digit heat here in New York over the coming week.
Speaker 1: Yeah eh, and you guys have you have humidity.
Speaker 2: Too, exactly exactly all right.
Speaker 1: So if you're wanting to get a break from the heat, Ello maybe the place to be. And if you're just being a couch potato like I am so often and want to keep yourself planted right here on earth, where what are we looking at? The stream?
Speaker 2: There's a new series on Netflix called The Waterfront, and it's sort of like if you combined the Outer Banks with Ozarks or maybe with like Yellowstone or something like that. So it's a very wealthy family in North Carolina and they own a fishing enterprise, a fishing business, and they sort of are having to do increasingly shady things to stay float, no pun intended. And it's like, is this show gonna win Emmy Awards? No? Is it going to break any you know, barriers in terms of its writing or it's acting. Probably not. But it's dramatic, like you know, in episode one, they are threatening this guy by chumming the waters around the boat and dunking his head into the ocean and there are sharks swimming around. So it's like it's dramatic, and it is, you know, a family drama that you know, it's sort of it's fun to watch. It's easy to understand. You're not going to have to do any major critical thinking here. So if that's sort of what you're looking for, you know, it's a good summa.
Speaker 1: Okay, and will is it another rich people bad series?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's what they all are these days. Okay. I am very excited about this one. I am a big Barbara Walters fand I mean because she was such a pioneer in the broadcasting business. Yes, tell us about the documentary that's coming out.
Speaker 2: So Barbara Walters tell me everything is. It comes out on Monday, and I know typically we cover what's available this weekend, but it starts streaming Monday on Hulu. I have seen it and it's fascinating. It's like about her rise to you know, who she became, and all of the glass ceilings that she shattered, and you know how she wasn't allowed to ask any questions in her first on air job until the mail anchor had asked three and you know, things like that, and you know, similar to the Martha Stewart documentary that came out a while ago, it's not just like, oh, she was amazing and she was perfect and she you know, broke all these barriers. You come away feeling like, Okay, she was a complicated figure, and you know, her family life was complicated. And I went to the red carpet of their premiere at Tribeca and I was asking people who worked with her all about her, and you really get the sense that, like, while she did certainly reach down and grab people's hands and pull them up and you know, take their career to the next level, she was also hard to work with often, and that's sort of the vibe you get from this documentary, So there's unaired footage that you see of her, and then you know, it talks to a lot of the people that knew her best and worked with her the most, and it's a fascinating look at, you know, someone who deserves all of the fame that they found and you know, and everything else that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, And you know, I think that like with someone like her, where she was breaking those glass ceilings and getting into the man's world, I mean, she had to be hard to work with. She had to be a bull in the china shop, you know. So I'm going to I'm going to give her a little bit of a pass for that. I think if she would have been nice and sweet, she wouldn't have got where she could.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't have worked. Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah. And you know, one of the other things that I find super fascinating is like her contentious relationship with Diane Sawyer when they were both working for ABC. You know. So it is like there's it does a good job of touching on every aspect of you know, her career. So it is, you know, it was it was very a very fascinating watch.
Speaker 1: All right. ABC's multi platform reporter Will Ganz, thanks so much. Have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 2: You too, Amy.
Speaker 1: Take care all right, talk to you next week. Let's get back to a few of the stories we're working