Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host Sean Garmer here with me as usual, mister Mark Morrison, got it, and well, we have some sad news to have to report as it is officially now with today being the well it was yesterday, but officially at midnight today, it is the end of the Xbox three sixty Digital Store, So you can no longer purchase anything digitally on the Xbox three sixty or that's not backwards compatible onto the Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles. So with that in mind, we decided to, uh, we're going to do a top fifteen Xbox three six games. Both me and Mark have a top fifteen list. We'll go to that. There's also some news like a SAG after a strike for video game voice actors this time that's been threatened for a while, but now it's official. We got some other things going on. I talk about more about EA College Football twenty five. All right, so well let's go ahead and get this thing out of the way. We're talking about the housekeeping here. So if you subscribe to the YouTube channel, which is where you can watch us live along with the Facebook page, W two network YouTube, Channel two network, Twitch YouTube W two Network around five thirty six pm Eastern time, will we do the show live? You can watch us there. If you describe to the channel, you get not only what we do here, a videogames the Max. We like other things like anime and entertainment stuff which I'm sure everybody is has already seen or is going to see some point between next week and this this week and next week, Deadpool versus Wolverine. I know for a fact that the Riolets are broadcasting folks are going to be doing the Wolverine Deadpool Wolverine review, so that should probably be up by Tuesday, So go ahead and look out for that. That will be our official review. Mark and I will probably talk about it to someone. We've both seen it. I'm planning to see it tomorrow. I think Mark said he's seeing it next week, so that moving that along. You can also get anime if you like your new anime, the one to come out like each season, not necessarily the ones that you know, the old ones, but if you regularly watch the anime, they kind of keep up with it. They do too, and they review a lot of it. So if you like anime as much as they do, you go check out Otaku Cafe, whether it's on video or you can, you know, listen to everything on podcasts. All three of the shows are on podcasts as well, so go check them out however it is you prefer to watch or listen to your podcast. So moving that along to talking about video games here, even though both of us have not really been playing anything necessarily brand new, I'm probably going to write the review. I've pretty much finished everything at least one season of both The Road to Glory and Dynasty, and EA colls about twenty five, so I'm going to be working on that review tomorrow Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Five more times from like to seecred ending No.
Speaker 1: I actually got the cool ending the first time in Dynasty, so I don't need to see that again. But honestly, listen to this. I've said a lot of the main stuff last week, so if you really want us here or watch my breakdown of the game, go watch or listen to last week's episode. I'm not going to reiterate that stuff. I'm just going to bring up that now that I've finished both the modes, it really shows how barebones. Both of them are Dynasty and RhoD De Glory. That is Look, it's cool. Look if you love recruiting, they did a really good job with that. The thing is, it's looking at a bunch of menus, right, thank god. The gameplay is great and costs to twenty five, which of course you can dissimulate those games and you just go bright, go out to the menus. But there's not a lot to that. You're just doing a lot of the same stuff over and over. You might lose players. Like the only time I stimulated a game, it is by accident. I actually lost two of my recruits because they happen to the one game that I lost against Adivisional oppoint and I had two recruits scheduled for that week I lost, and of course they signed with other teams, right, So you do suffer a bit more if you're playing on like a high difficulty where you may lose, or you're simulating, because especially right now, they haven't technically patched it yet, but they have a problem with simulating. You get a lot of lower ranked teams are beating higher teams really easily, and it's a problem. I guess whatever for people. But yeah, look Road to Glory School for what it is, like, I get offers you like really simple resource management, and once you do get to earn that spot as a starter, it kind of feels a bit more like there's gratification to it because you earned that spot. Like I just started the season two where I'm now a starter because a senior that was ahead of me graduated and I was already starting to build up that rapport towards the end of that season, so I was my character is playing more and you could kind of sense that. Like so if you do well in school, GPA is doing well and you've got the coaches trust, you're going to do well whatever. But it doesn't have a lot of like leeway, like you already know what you're supposed to do to make sure you gain that trust. Now, if you start as a two or three star recruits, to make it harder for yourself, maybe you got to sit there and send more games because you're sitting around, But you know, it is what it is. Look, I think overall, I'm gonna stick with my eight that I gave it last week because I think the gameplay like outweighs everything. But honestly, if you're a huge college football fan, and I think that helps a lot, because my care about college football kind of ended as soon as there was no longer a video game for it. That kind of helped me keep with with the season. So I think this is going to help a lot of people that are kind of like maybe casual fans that like to play the video games. They might keep up with the college football itself more. If you have a lot of friends to play with, or you played a lot of the online stuff, go get the game whenever. If you're doing it for the single player stuff, I don't know, I'm not gonna I might advise you to wait until it's maybe on a sale, which will ineviably will be on a sale. Yeah, he puts their games on so pretty quick. I would wait because, look, the two modes are not something that are going to carry you through. Unless you're somebody that just likes to play with different teams. But you're playing with your team, whether it's steam Builder or the regular teams that are in the game, I think you're kind of going to get bored of the game really quick, to be honest. So yeah, Mark anything.
Speaker 2: I'm nearing the end of shouldn't got my tens five? I'm check in the last two boss fights, which are like kicking me off. Yeah, still slowly plowing through the Elvin ring. H. The cool thing today I got was this.
Speaker 1: Oh I cannot see the name of.
Speaker 2: The called v v A y okay. It's on Sega CD RPG. I think this might makes you the first RPG have played, or at least like the first like serious one. Yeah, that's cool. I I didn't finish it back back in the day. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Cool that we're talking about old games on the shopg it makes sense. But yeah, I mean that that's gonna wrap it up for what we've been playing. We'll do the three sixties stuff kind of towards the end. And yes, as one sixty four here said, rip the marketplace gone too soon? I agree, especially that you know Sony after I guess I don't know what that means. What does that mean that people didn't backlash hard enough to where Microsoft kept the three sixty store up. The people backlash really hard on the PS three.
Speaker 2: Uh. Microsoft put most like people game companies most of the three sixty games on other platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that too, right, they do have a large library of that stuff available for xboxble one, and uh not all of them or PC or Xbox series as well, So it's like a lot of it has moved on. There are two hundred and twenty games that are not a going to be available moving forward that were digital only, and of course, obviously I'm sure there's going to be a lot of price scouging now for some three sixty games that are not like super widely available, uh for people to go by. But we'll get to that a little bit later. There is some news uh here. Some of it does involved Microsoft, by the way. One of them involves something that we talked about a few weeks ago involving, you know, the price increased for spots game pass. Microsoft is still considering more XBOS game pass tiers. What do you know, Mark, They just want to keep monetizing SBOS game.
Speaker 2: Already. Isn't isn't clear enough.
Speaker 1: Not a surprise at all. Really, they did say that they're going to the thing that I talked about, which was a XBOS Cloud only tier. Uh, that's the one that surprised me. When they were pushing this firestick thing. I get that they probably want to see if they this helps people actually want to go by the fire stick and subscribe the game Pass first before they do it. But they supposedly it's going to be very cheap, so there's rumors going around about like five, maybe even like eight dollars. I imagine it's not going to get up to the ten that the the game Pass core. And then the other caveat which I've been saying for a long time, which is it'd be really nice if I wouldn't have to log into my Xbox and remote play with it to be able to play the games that I already own through the cloud and supposedly this tier whenever they finally get that to work, which they've been promising forever, and Phil i think responded to somebody saying that they were going to try to get that to work this year, is that would be an extra part of that is, oh, hey, I can now play my games that I own through there and not have to have the console at all. I can just make digital purchases, whether it's through the website. I think I think you can't use it through there. You have to actually, because you can't even do while you're remote playing. You have to either be on a console or you have to be on the Microsoft Store it stuff on the PC to buy a game or redeem a code or whatever. So uh yeah, but either way, I do think that that. I do think if you're going to have something like the fire Stick, you do need to have a tier that's just for that. So it makes sense if you're gonna have something like that. Do you think the adding the ability to play your games you own? Let's say you were an OLDS three sixty Xbox one game which you didn't buy a serious console.
Speaker 2: No, you know, because for digital games.
Speaker 1: Right right? But like it would it would let you buy your digital game like games you already bought in previous generach you could play those through there too.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't buy new ones, can't you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can buy new ones, you just can't buy any physical one, right. And the other one is the dreaded ads support tier, which you know every video service of these has one. By now that's obviously a slippery slope, right, Like where do the ads end.
Speaker 2: When when Sony Face and advertising to BS five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are they going to be like three in that?
Speaker 2: Like that'd be pretty funny.
Speaker 1: It would be funny, technically, I guess right, if you're you're already do that with them, will be the show you're sort of you know, promoting Sony in a way, I guess, But it would be interesting to see, like they already have, like the ads that blow up as soon as you open the console, right with Call of Duty and other various games they've done this with. Uh so it's not something that's completely strange. We already complain a lot. I think, let people have game Pass complain a lot about I see too many ads on my console. I'll get tired of seeing them when you're making an AD supported tier, Like, does this mean that it's only when you're scrolling through the menu on game paths? Does this mean that we're like now adding ads to the beginning of the game.
Speaker 2: Where you start. Every hour you play the game, you watch an ad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like, where where does that eventually go?
Speaker 2: Right? Like?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna I imagine they will never interrupt the game, because when you start doing that, I think you do seriously, uh start it becomes different than when you watch a video where you're already sedentary watching something. What does it matter if you watch an ad instead of the show that you're watching? This is your pressing buttons like I don't I don't know. I guess doesn't matter if it's like one of those like pop up ads you can press X really quick or press A and you get rid of it instead of like you know, a video ad or something like. I'd be interested to see, like where people do they have a line that that if you cross it it will make them unsubscribed or whatever with this? I mean, and how much cheaper are we talking about? And how much how limited is it? Right? And we're talking about I'm guessing Ultimate would mean this is your ad free supported tire. But like if you have the XBOS game Pass standard, does that also have ads in it? Is there a twelve dollars version of game Pass that you get with ADS that gives you what the backlog? And then there's like a seventeen dollar version of it that you get Ultimate with ads? Like where is this magical thing to do with this?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad I don't care about any of this nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's just and I wonder if it goes well with PS plus institute something like this as well.
Speaker 2: You have to imagine, I doubt know, because first of all, like psplus doesn't have ads like you put it. The PS five doesn't show an AD, right, no it doesn't.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about Okay, if this proves lucrative for Microsoft right where you see all these people subscribe to this ads appointed tier, does does Sony all of a sudden go oh well why not? Why don't we make some extra money? You know? Does Ubisoft do with their little their premium thing. I mean, I wouldn't put anything past tv Soft honestly, you know. But moving on from that more Xbox I guess adjacent stuff. Of course, they now owned Blizzard World of Warcraft. Their dev team has unionized. That's five hundred members that are part of this team. They joined the Communication Workers of America and obviously Microsoft has already honored that and made that official. So they now become the first wall to wall union and at Theuasian Blizzard, and the largest at a Microsoft owned studio of course we talked about, but that's a game studio. The actual dev studio unionizing last week that was two hundred and forty one workers, so yes, they would definitely be the largest. Do you think this does this has helped them with anything other than making sure people don't get fired paraty easily. Or you think this goes down to like maybe actual development or helps them.
Speaker 2: I think they claim it could, but like Blizzard's history has not been the most kind or like the most egalitarian, so this might this might be like this might end in not great uh behavior from certain higher ups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if this is. It's just like a matter of time before. Basically almost every studio that's within either Bethesda or Activision does this, Like you keep seeing this happen, and especially with the the video game voice after Striketh that's going on. Obviously, that one's a little bit different because that one has more to do with just they have an issue with the AI right, but you know, unions are they have their their whole purpose. It seems to be a big thing for the dev teams right now to be doing that. So hey, good for them if this brings them positive fruit for all this. I like to see that, especially with all of the you know, chaos and layoffs and everything that's happening between the last couple of years especially, Yeah, it would be good if you can have some kind of something that would stop that from happening. Microsoft has has laid off a lot of people itself. So if this brings pause to Microsoft saying let's do more layoffs, hey, that's a win already.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I know, people off from them from the office side or the teams or whatever they can squeeze out.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. It's like, oh, well, we're gonna have to just remove other people instead. Soccer two has been delayed again, and in fact GSE Game World made a video kind of basically playing with that that they're like, really again.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's only been a decade.
Speaker 1: So now instead of the Turner Fit, they're going to release November twentieth. Let's see if they can hit this date. Obviously, you know they've been impacted. They have more things, it's just game dev. They're from Ukraine. They had to relocate the Czech Republic due to the war going on in their country. So that's been a big peril for them. Having to be displaced for your families or having to move those families with you to Czech Republic. I'm sure none of that is what's easy to do, and that weighs heavy on them, and you know, they want to take the additional months to get rid of bugs and other things before they just released that game. And of course it's important sort of from Microsoft because they have that three month window where it's exclusively for them and on game Pass, and then it'll be on PlayStation as well. So but yeah, I mean they keep promoting it, they keep showing it on all of these you know events that they have Microsoft that being and it gets delayed again. I mean, is this kind of a big deal or not or no?
Speaker 2: Because yeah aboutch Talker.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, I do think it's I mean, it's one of those guys like people, it has an audience, right, they released those older games for people to buy. It's a cool thing for game Pass, right, But I don't think it's going to be one of these games it's going to sell crazy numbers or anything that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Talker is never like a huge franchise, you know, even like Metro is a bigger franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaking of things that are not selling great numbers, Concord is not doing well at least in the two betas that they've had h and that's with free game codes being given out to people that actually pre ordered the game. Then they did an open beta and it still didn't do great numbers, but they have come out and so they will not have a battle pass. It's still going to cost forty dollars. So they're not going free to play, as some folks were discussing. It's a lot of talk about that maybe Conquerors needs to go free to play and kind of gain good will that way, get people playing, and you know, I'll get it make it all back through micro transactions. But Sony is sticking to the it's going to cost forty dollars thing. Uh, it's going to call it's going to have cosmetics. It's going to have a lot of cosmetics. They mentioned. Uh, there's no battle pass. There's gonna be the sixteen free gunners that start. They're going to add more of that stuff, more skins, more maps. They're going to start out with twelve. There's six game modes. There's not I mean, I did see that Marvel Rivals had its thing and that didn't do so well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think people are kind of done with arena shooters. That's the problem. Right.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's that or it's just that both of those games just aren't that good or.
Speaker 2: That doesn't help either. But I mean, look at like you know ea, I think they kind of said, well, they didn't outright say it, but they're like, the you know, Apex legend is kind of plateaut as far as like user base, like, we can't connect, right.
Speaker 1: Which is why they had that where they try to do the thing where they.
Speaker 2: Passed and tested off everyone and then you know, we're bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, they sit. No, not only the sweit Seam pass, they made it to where you can't buy, you can't get the season passed through playing games playing anymore, you have to buy. Yeah, and then they went back on that because you know, got upset, and of course they can't upset the player base too much because they need that player base in order to keep you know, that game going. So yeah, it could be a mixture of a lot of things, right, Firewalk.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, yeah, I think the problem is like, you know, gamers don't want to have the game feel like a chore. And when you got five free to play games or even not free to play, I mean you know, Suicide Squad was a full price game or something, you know, Skull and Bones or whatever. Yeah, and it's like, yeah, I got a log in every to collect my you know, bonus and then do do my three missions or whatever to do the daily missions counter, and then you know, stop playing. It's like, yeah, it feels like a second job at a certain point, well probly, I.
Speaker 1: Mean the old faithfuls are not going away either that we keep talking about, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even like a fifth job, because yeah, like you know, you have your actual job. And then it's like, okay, I gotta play. You know, I'm around to overwatch too, and get the bat, you know, do a battle pass mission and then oh, here's Apex or here's Valorant, or here's you know, Call of Duty, and those are the big three or four, and then you know there's dozens of other smaller crap. I mean, yeah, I lugged into a Lost Art like a few days ago and almost immediately shut it off because I'm just like overwhelmed with what everything's going on. Right, and it's like, oh, you got like nine daily missions to do. I'm like, no, I don't. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at some point you have to imagine that even Destiny to which is you know, doing well now with Final Shape, people seem to really be enjoying it. I'm sure those numbers are going to eventually go back down again, you know, will the Warcraft goes through this all the time. They're gonna do great numbers at the beginning when they release the new content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first month or two, and then that'll be it.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's like at some point people only again keep bringing this up because it's true, people only have so many hours in the day. And when you have all the games you already play are either free or they do something they make it really easy for you to keep playing the game, and then you have a new one come out that looks very I've already done this, been here, done that kind of thing, and you tell me it's forty dollars. I have no incentive to go buy that, right, And if you're Sony, I don't know. You know, Hell Divers again was just because I think it's just something different. It's not the same type of multiplayer that I mean you can play everyone. Yeah, exploitative, I mean that helps, yeah, but it's also it just feels like it's a fun game. Like you watch it and it's fun, like just stuff.
Speaker 2: Stuff's blowing up then or yeah, and even like the whole like, uh, you know, personality of the game is kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Right, whereas Concord is just like you, I'm like, Okay, this looks interesting, but.
Speaker 2: It's like you're just going to called Guardians of the Galaxy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched this just like last year with the movie, Like, I mean, you know, people can smell that stuff a mile away and it just doesn't help it at all, unfortunately for Concord. Yeah, and what sucks for Sony is you bought this studio right right, he they bought the studio for that game, and yeah, like if it doesn't do well, what does that mean? And what are they going to do? Are they going to let them make another game? Or what do we what's going to happen to the people making this game? See layoffs happen at the studio? I really hope not. But the way things are, they're not. Nobody's afraid to do a quick on stuff right now when you're trying to cover for losses. Nice to meet you as well, Media Travel Physics too, Nice to meet you. Thank you for watching. Capcom is actually doing the reverse of what we're seeing with the Microsoft Digital Store. I think you'd be Soft also announced us as well, and we didn't talk about it, but Capcom is still going to be making physical games. Uh they said that they have a high even though it's you know, it's a hardcore audience is asking for it, they still have a lot of people that ask for physical games, so they will not stop making them. And in fact, they're doing so well. I mean I think this quarter they didn't do that well or whatever because they didn't have like a lot of high quality leases big so, but they did say that they're they're doing well enough that what they were exploring on how to make more Mega Man games record well, how to make Mega Man games regularly again now since they had so long without making them, and then you know, of course that's firsual successor with the Gidgefune's Mighty Number nine didn't do too well either. Uh so Meg Yeah, Mega Man tended. And that's that's the point is like now they're they're looking at it and they go, Okay, these collections that we're coming out with or doing well, lift something well, right and the uh Mega Man ten did Mega Man eleven. You know, do you think that they will start making more Mega Man.
Speaker 2: Games or I imagine if they do, it'll be pretty small scale. Uh you know, on the level maybe a little higher than Mega Man ten, but not it's not gonna need some Triple A game and it'll still be like the same. I mean I wanted to do a new art style, I could do a modern art style, right, Hey, a Mega Man X or zero or whatever, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Do you have a preference on if they come up with a new Mega Man and whether you want it to be in the Zero franchise or.
Speaker 2: X or Mega Man Legends three, let's go. I know I like Mega Man X personally, so I would I wouldn't mind another one of those. Ah, do another Command mission the RPG one, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: These like I'm just that kind of flabber guessed at sounds of like why don't you try to see if you have multiple Mega Man projects, but like have outside of Capcom teams working on them, like maybe indie you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, pay someone to do it or yeah, right, I mean honestly, like, you know, having like Mega Man be like a Metrodania would be like a great idea, but they're not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Yeah, make another maybe not another Battle Network game, but another Mega Man RPG would be cool. Yeah, or Mega Man Soccer again. Let's do that, right, I'll be the mega right, Yeah, we need to have that come back. Speaking of games, though, we don't know well so, I don't know. I saw this somewhere, It wasn't in the report that I'm taking this from with GGC, but this video game Voice afters strike that it's really only affecting the ones that are part of SEG after, which began on the twenty sixth, and that's going to be ongoing. They've already come to like a conclusion on I guess twenty three of the twenty four issues. The biggest issue is obviously AI, right, and the biggest issue a lot of people have right now. And we saw with scar Johansson have her issue with AI and several other both ceased and still alive voice actors have issues with with people stealing their voice and using it in an AI program. And these voice actors don't want that, don't want and obviously I would, you know anybody would if you're getting paid your your whole body of work is based off of using your voice. I don't think anybody would want their voice to be able to be used for AI without their consent and without getting paid for that. And so you know, this, this whole strike, which you know they've been in negotiations for a couple of years now, basically basically affects pretty much everybody, you know, Activision, all the non Japanese companies, so like Activision, Blindlined, Disney, EA, Insomniac, Epic Games, Take two, WB, and so on, any game that is not currently in development. So this is the thing that people got upset about. Oh my god, it's been granted. Thought six is going to get delayed even further. You know a lot no game that is currently in development is being affected. It is games that are going to start development or I don't know what they consider actually at the development like does that have to have a certain amount of time like maybe a year or so in development for them to not be affected whatever, But either way, it does affect gaming to where certain games that are starting development late or don't have long enough tail and development could be effected where they get halted if they use any kind of voice acting of course, President friend Dresser, yes, the nanny friend Dresser, which I'm sure the people listening or watching this, it gets to a certain part of time where you probably have no idea what the nanny even is. But even then, she's saying that they're not going to consent to a contract that allows companies to abuse AIS or the discipine of our Remember, you know, when these come to get serious about offering an agreement our members can live with and work with, we will be here to really negotiate. So right now, you know, stuff's not happening. Obviously, the studios kind of talked about they'd already agreed on pretty much everything except for this. I'm sorry, it's twenty four out of twenty five vothals whatever. We'll see how long this is actually halted for. But I'm totally supportive of the voice afters striking for this because you know, the we can talk about like AI and gain development. There's certain parts of it that I think is helpful, and I think even devs will tell you that, But when it comes to the voice acting, there's none of that help You're not the voice actors already don't get paid enough for what they do, especially the ones that are not the big names.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only way it would help is it's like and this is kind of a outside cases, like when lines Redick died, like using a I don't like replicate his voice right with the family's permission, by the way, Like I'm not saying to do it, but like if they had like his authorization or like their authorization and not against Keith David obviously like he did good work as well, but like that'd be like a nice capstone to like that character for that story, especially since you know Horizon three is gonna be screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: But as far as like using AI just had is to have live voice actors, you know, like, well, we don't want to pay uh, who's a Destiny need one voice actor Peter Dinklage to come back in and you know do the ghost voice. So we're just gonna do this AI thing and you know the computer can sound like I'm close enough, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, His Day removed them because.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't I can't comment on that, but like the replacement with Nolan North, Yeah, and it's like, well, which of these guys is easier to get back in the fucking recording booths?
Speaker 1: Definitely. Yeah, So you know we go from that to probably just worse to use. And one of the things that I kind of was worried about when you keep seeing z if Davis is buying things. Yeah, you know that they bought Humble Bundle and then they bought more. This still wows me that they can buy other video game websites and then basically turn a lot of them over and now they are they're they officially are saying it's a restructuring, but I think this is just them using fancy terminology for this job, because the people that are actually that were working there, the thirty six employees of Humble Gains Publishing, not Humble Bundle, should mention that's two different things. Humble Bundle it's still going, and they're saying that this doesn't affect them a Bundle at all. Humble Games Publishing, which they've made some really cool games or help make you know, financed or whatever the part of their that they've done, you know, temp tem Forger, Wizard of Legend, there's other ones that I know I've liked over the years. Microsoft even had to deal with them to have the games beyond game Pass. They won for a while as well because they were releasing some like really cool indie games. And it sucks that like everyone working there on that side of things is gone. No longer have a job as of nine am the winning that it happened, and yeah, man, they even have more games coming like Never Alone Too still in avelone, Monaco two, Wizard of Legend to Lost Guys all still in development. So what's gonna happen to those games? Are they still gonna get made or you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean ass mean they can find if I can find in some public how far right, but like Monoco Too for example, get finished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably with a Legends you probably also will get finished. I was surprised they've been making it Never Alone Too, but that's cool that they are because I liked Never Alone for what it was, right, Yeah, they just Man again, this is the state of the industry right now. It sucks to see this, and it will continue prout most of this year. And yeah again it looks it doesn't matter. It's not like I imagine is doing fine as far as you know as the website, but like you have to think about, I can't imagine it's doing that well that they're not just it's it's just like you buy all these things, and I guess they thought maybe they could get some of these games to take off and it would help them. But apparently it has not done them enough for them, right, So last thing here before we get into the best three sixty games. I'm sure this will probably get fixed quickly, but it shows why again one of the pails of digital only things right now if you own one of which I do, I have one of those older Xbox Ones, not the Xbox one S or one X version. I have one of the I bought Myn'm pretty much close to launch, so I know for sure it's one of those, but I know I've updated it since twenty seventeen, so I also know that mine's probably not going to be bricked or anything. But to go through the story, according a Digital Foundry, and they reported this to Eurogamer the twenty thirteen launch models, and of course that would keep on going until they had that revision for the Xbox One S in twenty sixteen. Are having issues with the latest firmware update, where basically you have an offline console because it cannot upload the latest firmware and so then it can't go online, and if you have anything that requires an online check, you can't play it since it's DLC or even an online There's a lot of online games that you have to do online check before it even starts playing, even if you go into offline mode, So I fafically you have an offline console until they fix this. Microsoft apparently has said that they imagine this is going to be fixed, but for right now, if you have one of those consoles and you haven't played the thing or used it since like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, and may not update at all, even if you try to put the update on USB stick, it doesn't apparently doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like, couldn't you just find, like, you know, an update from five years ago, put that in the USB stick, update it, and then put the latest one on? I could It seems like this seems like a problem, But it seems like a very like minor problem, right.
Speaker 1: But it does show like if it gets to a point where let's say, Microsoft, just as you know, we're gonna keep what's the point of updating this thing, you know, like they did with the Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eventually we'll get to some more we're like, okay, are you just going to disable online checks so where you can just use this without the online check having to work? That is? Yeah, that is the peril with these What they'll do, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is they'll wait for like the actual community to figure it out and be like, oh, you need to download this one update, you know from June twenty eighteen update, you know, use that update, and then you can up from that update, you can update to the latest firm where and then Microsoft wills copy that and and log it is their own official documentation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially as as we get further along, right, if we as we get like the three sixty is right now, where it's too two generations past, when the Xbox one becomes the two generations past, it will really become Oh, it's gonna be it's gonna be people still playing the console. It's gonna be fans uh that still use the console that we'll have to just do it on their own and say, Okay, we'll go online to figure out go on, write it, go on neo gaff whatever, to figure out how to get this scene to work again. So it's something to consider again when you talk about as we get more and more online, and especially with Microsoft, because you know, Sonny does it, but they don't do it as hardcore as Microsoft seems to do. It's gonna be a probably gonna be an issue. Right, So that's it for news really, unless you have anything else you want to mention. I don't know if you wanted to talk about any of the comic con stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know Robert interesting pick, Yeah, playing.
Speaker 1: I still think it's the idea that he's a variant. Yeah whatever, he's gonna actually.
Speaker 2: Be doing either out of like a clone or something. Uh. Yeah, and now it's limited run. Showed off the lollipop chainsaw collector's edition looks nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think having a Doctor Who spinoff is really dumb.
Speaker 1: Are they doing a Doctor Who spinout? I did not see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the spot unit, like Gemma Redgrave is going to be in it, and Russell Tovi or Tavi, I don't know whatever last name is, which he was in a torch would back in the day. Yeah, so that'll be funny.
Speaker 1: Why do you think it's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Because most of those spinoffs are bad idea or like are barely connected with the show and aren't that popular, like the only one the only reason like Sarah Jane lasted was because of Sarah Jane. And then right sadly when she passed. I mean, obviously, when she passed, I think that thing was over point.
Speaker 1: Right, Is it going to have Russell T. Davies writing or who's.
Speaker 2: Gonna Yeah, I think they said that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean it doesn't guarantee anything, right, all right, So moving on to our top fifteen best Xbox three sixty games. Now, let me put the caveat that this is games that we played, whether it's during that time or in the future. It's not us trying to do an ultimate These are the best fifteen games both of us think are the best. It's games that we enjoyed particularly, so there might be some that you actually would be on the overall best whatever. Listen, there's probably gonna be some that if you really think about it, they're probably not gonna be anywhere or near that. But I just want to put that caveat out there. You can make your own lists in the comments and you know, comparing contrast or whatever. But three sixty was Xbox's best era for a majority of that time. They were leading until you know, Sony with the PS three beat them at the end, and and they had a lot of games. You know, there was a lot to choose from here. It's something that I completely forgot came out for the three sixty. To be honest with you know how long ago this this was, but having it like it took me a while to come up with, like the fifteen games that I really really really liked. There was a lot of them that it's like, and then I had to think about this is also a time in my life where I wasn't like playing every year like I am now, So there was a lot of gaps right, and a lot of genres that I have gaps into. So my list's probably gonna look nothing like Marx, I imagine.
Speaker 2: On the correct list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my number fifteen is Ninja guid In two. Maybe you know Ninja guid In one on the Xbox was such a cool thing, but two like took that to a whole other level with the gameplay they mastered it. The story was probably equally the same as you know what it is, But I had so much fun with that game, going back and reviewing it again recently when they did that really bad collection, I remember loving the crap out of two. Still, you know three was terrible, but hey, for being on the three sixty, it's the great game.
Speaker 2: My number fifteen is another Ninja game, but it's market in Ninsia.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's like later down my list. Why would you like marking Alinja.
Speaker 2: It's a cool idea and the mechanics were really good, looked nice. I played well, which is good since the other games didn't play that well. Yeah, and yeah, I like I like all these side detectives or you know, the way you can approach levels they could get you could do it stealthfully or ice everyone.
Speaker 1: It's my number eight. It's a game I really loved a lot, you know, just from I'm not like huge on stealth, but this game because of the way it did, like the side scrolling and like you said, it look nice, but just I like the way you could approach something and to decide who you're going to take out or whatever, how you're going to do that offered like a lot of variety, And you know, it was one of those like in like kind of indies that you know, this is the time where like indies kind of rose up, you know, with the SPUs Labricade and everything, and this is one of those that I remember enjoying a lot. Right, what was your number fourteen?
Speaker 2: My number fourteen? I mean it appeared in a previous system kind of but might and Magic clash your heroes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think it was the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't play it on there. And the three sixty version looked really like they uprais the art really nicely that I think they redrew some of it. Ah, and it was really fun, like a good match three type of bubble game ted you know, trygy game early. Ah, well, just good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're coming out with that new one or remake or whatever.
Speaker 2: This it came out, but it wasn't as good because they screwed up some of the like unit strength or like you know, the way the units work. Yes, they changed, they get some changes that people really didn't like.
Speaker 1: I love that game still. I still pop it in and play it it. I never deleted off my guns. Yeah, my number fourteen is Alan Wake. Yes it has a remaster so technically you can display that. But for back in the day when this game came out, you didn't have a lot of games that did like narrative the way it does and having that like Twin Peaks vibe and yeah, the gameplay is not always amazing. Sometimes you just want to like storm through all the freaking shadows or whatever. But just I love the way it did everything. Playing through that game, getting through the next part of the story is really good. The characters in that game are well done. Uh. Like I said, gameplay isn't always amazing.
Speaker 2: But see, I yeah, I actually like the gameplay quite a bit, and I like the story. But my problem is, I mean I like Allen w quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My problem that kind of is like what they showed or what they kind of promised, wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They try to correct that a little bit with Nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well when I wake in the first rounds of like, oh, it's a it's an open world game, and you know you can explore the town. No you can't. Like yeah, no, I mean I think got you know, uh pulled back from when actually showing everything kind of a shame. I think. I don't know if I don't like can actually fix it or not. I don't think it did. Like, I mean, it's not like an open world game, but.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's even more. Uh you can explore more. Right, you have a lot of exploration and I don't wake two. That's the whole point is they want you to explore, so you can get kind of the the creepy vibes and whatever, but I don't never feels, whereas I don't the Way Too. They've really capitalized on that of like actually kind of being scary. I don't wink. One doesn't ever feel scary.
Speaker 2: It's just it's more tense because yeah, well I'm I gotta get into this next fucking light because they got no health packs and I only got like one flare gun round and because all the other animals gone, so yeah that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and number thirteen for me, brutal legend. I love the crap out of this game. Reviewed this game, even though I'm sure it's not unfollowing anymore because they update their website every year and remove things, which sucks.
Speaker 2: But that's what the Way Back contuniton is good for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh, you know, having that voice cast of all the like metal rockers, and then Jack Black, you know, obviously he had other starting roles later, but like him, like this whole game felt like it was like out of Jack Black's like imagination, and he they had Jack Black, you know, Tim Shafer basically had Zack Black picked out, he decided to do the role. Then he got all these other Like, the soundtracks of this game is amazing. I just wish they would have kept with the Zelda thing instead of adding in the strategy stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I wouldn't make my list. It's like, okay, first half.
Speaker 1: I still love the crap out of the game, even though it had the strategy stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the other yeah, like this was a great idea, but in the first hour's cool. But then yeah, you pulled back out and I say, okay, now you're playing Sacrifice and console.
Speaker 1: No I'm not like why, Yeah, what's your number? Thirteen?
Speaker 2: Crackdown one, yep, the good I like that game. It's not the most balanced game, like you never should drive in that game at all, but I actually like that it was just like very open, like he didn't have a bunch of missions to do. It's just yeah, go kill, go find and kill these fifteen gang members or twelve or what a hell number one was, and yeah, just fund it, export the city. And you know they've tried to expand on the formula it's cracked on two and three and it's failed or only like yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean just having a game where you could just destroy stuff, yeah, right, was fun. It's like you could do that a bit more in you know, you got in some some games or whatever. But like the formula they used for.
Speaker 2: This, even like it wasn't like a debug mode, but they had that keys to the city like cheap mode thing that was really cool. Can you can just spawning a bunch of barrels glode and stuff like that?
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly what's your number? Twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Twelve? Yeah. Uh. The only Halo game on my list is actually Halo Reach.
Speaker 1: I debated. I debated, but I went with the whole I'm only going to do one game for franchise thing. Yeah. I debated between Halo Reach and three.
Speaker 2: What I three is the bigger game? Right? I liked Reach more like I actually liked the whole king dynamic. Ah, and I like actually kind of liked the main character.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, the story reaches it's and.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a mass chief running around with a skull on fire and these stupid missions and it even shows up in the cuts and said this is dumb but great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, its so makes me said that they've ruined that and the Halo TV show too. But Halo Reached a freaking great game. Uh, go play that in the Mass Chief collection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can.
Speaker 1: Another great game fallow the only Fallout that I really have, I played it any kind of extensively. Fall Out New Vegas. Uh, you know it's the big, the more RPG of the one the Fallout games. Love the way you go through the story in that game obviously has all the Fallout mechanics plus the more more things of it. I love the the just the story they go through. I'm excited to see how much they're going to do in the TV show with it, at least in the setting. And yeah, man, I don't know. I know everybody has their favorite Fallout game or whatever, but for me, it's the one I like the most.
Speaker 2: Three to that I remember like New Vegas had a lot of problems on the three sixty. Yeah, yeah, those games are good.
Speaker 1: My number eleven is Left four Dead two. It was a heck of a lot of fun with friends. Just I remember playing that game like constantly, well a friend, and just it felt it doesn't matter if like you're like redoing some of the similar same levels and stuff. Just it's so much fun that you forget about that. And then like there's just so many games that have tried so hard to re kind of try to reimagine that, and they have not been able to, like, yeah, you know Back for Blood recently. It just shows you, like how good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Back for Blood wasn't awful, but yeah, just hit like.
Speaker 1: It didn't hit. And it's like, it still amazes me to like, again, how many how many aversions they have to, like the number three on everything, because this is another series that it's like, dude, if y'all would have capitalized on the Left for Dead three, how amazing would it have been if you you know, got to actually make that, you know, so sadly it didn't, but it's still still great game.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh, what's your number? Eleven?
Speaker 2: The Darkness one?
Speaker 1: Darkness went, oh well, okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Really annoyed that that game ever came to PC because that you would like to play it, And I really do like whatever the whole company, oh forget their name, not Remedy, ah damn it, you mean the dev Yeah Sarbaries. Yeah, it's funny both came with at the same time. Uh, really like how most of their games play at least they're older ones before they lost their minds. Yeah, and I like I mean I liked their darkness too, but it was much more of like a comic book game. Yes, like the first one is a lot more like realistic, even like supernaturally realistic. And yeah, I really wish like that. And like Saint trow one never came to you know, forget about other consoles ever, even came to PC, and I said, yo, those are kind of popular franchises. Even if you do a half assed sports you know, it might be able to still make some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. What's your number ten?
Speaker 2: Oh? I was your number eleven? Okay, sorry, I number tend to Sable three.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I assume the only person actually likes Table three. I didn't. I played Table two only a little. I didn't like it at all. I got to like the jail part, and I was like, this was dumb and bad. I thought, Table three is like and I cut out a lot of the stupid social craft that Fable one also have, like the farting on people and that dumb shit that just annoyed me so and Table three is like stupid easy, especially with like the spell crafting or like you know, mixing fire and tornado kills every enemy in the game. Yeah, so that's cool. Uh. I mean Fable three had problems with the stupid map, you know, the diorama map was not great, but it's fine. You know, most of the game is fine, and I have little faith that they're going to pull out Fable again.
Speaker 1: Wow. I like everything I've seen so far. The new Fable we'll see when we actually like get to the actual Yeah, but what you're doing my ten is Sasa's Creed for Black Flag. Okay, yeah, I don't you know, I don't have that reverence for you that you do for Assassin's Creed. So I'm sure you probably picked two or something.
Speaker 2: But well too is like the one I started with kind of but I picked probably picked Brotherhood maybe. Yeah. The four is good, Like I have no complaints about four.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, four, it is amazing. They look, they keep mentioned but they they could not How many people have tried to make a version of the ship combat and Black Flag and they still can't even you can't do it themselves. Yeah, but you know, I really enjoyed like doing that, going through different lands, having the ship going in there doing your thing.
Speaker 2: You know. Ken Ken is a fun character exactly that story. Yeah, drives it forward, even if if even if you have the ship combat stuff like, well, this is still a good playing game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the fact that they want to this is the one that they're remastering, it looks like and they may that sequel Rogue.
Speaker 2: So yeah, also quite good, much better than the other Immunity, which yeah, it came on the Big Boy consoles and not agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my number nine has Lost Odyssey, which we've talked about a few times on here.
Speaker 2: That's my number four.
Speaker 1: Really I see, Yeah, Uh, fantastic, fantastic RPG that people need to go play. Uh, it's amazing that game was four discs if you had.
Speaker 2: It right, and I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing soundtrack, just there's so many amazing things that that like. Really, just go play that game. You will look at I think ARPG is in a different way if you like one more than the other or whatever. Just I think whether you like just Western or Japanese, everyg. I think it's one that you can play and enjoy.
Speaker 2: It's funny because it took another game I never actually finished. I got like I've got pretty deep in like just three I think, and then I got busy with something else. Just you know, whatever, and then I never went back to it. Yeah, but that's also like a long game, like it's not short.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's definitely hugely long. Yeah, what's your number?
Speaker 2: Not my number? Nine is another RPG, but Eternal Sonata.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god. I love that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it did come to PS three, but like late, like take like a year or two.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of those games that like it became scarce to try to find too. You go try to find that like physically, and I remember I traded it in and then I tried to find it for a long time and I couldn't. Yeah, of fantastic. Well it was also like not available digitally also, like that was the thing, like you had to go to a store and buy it, so they always kind of that always kind of kept the price like kind of high.
Speaker 2: It's like thirty bucks now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's not bad. But I love the soundtrack of that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you had to like show panel little, I guess, but yeah, yeah, I like to combat quite a bit, like the whole light dart system. I like that, like certain characters completely break that game. And yeah, I just think it was like a really like fanciful but good RPG.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's I think about that. I believe you're right. My number eight already talked about marking the Ninja. What's your number.
Speaker 2: Eight geometry award is one?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I know you look kind of like those.
Speaker 2: I don't like two that much and three fucked it all up. But the first game is still like it's simple, but it works and looks nice even you know it's simple, but hey that that doesn't matter or you know it's and everything's going crazy, it still looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, that's the thing is like, it's not it's more I feel like it's easier to understand than Tetris, Yeah, right at first, and it's you can just kind of play it and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I picked hard to master.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah exactly, And you know.
Speaker 2: I'm still never like me, there's no indiing to that game. But I haven't even got all the achievements in it or anything, right, and my scores are like pretty low compared to like some people. But it's still fun, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's really fun. People should go. They've they've especially on they've like re released those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're always not quite as good for some reason, Like I think they finally I think when Geometry Ward Street came out and they added all those like weird shapes, people were outraged. Yeah, and then they finally a traditional map and people going happy with it.
Speaker 1: My number seven is Limbo, okay, you know, yeah, I mean everything from like the graphical style to like the way that game does the atmosphere, to like it's again one of those indie games that you're like, wow, this game is really kind of it's simple, right, It's very short, but it's like does thinks so well? Obviously Inside kind of came and showed how you could do that even better in a way later, but for its time, Limbo was was freaking awesome. People. You can play it on anything now if you haven't played, it's still definitely right.
Speaker 2: And it's a dollar you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, what's your number seven?
Speaker 2: It's the only big game that's a kind of multi platform, even though I think it came out later. But Mass Effect too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course, I mean all the mass effects were.
Speaker 2: Two of them were good. Yeah, yeah, I mean too is all just about like getting the band together, and then three completely witched it. Yeah, but the characterism too, you know, gameplay was good. There was a reduction in scope from like the first one, but it was it was more of a focused game, which helped, right, yeah, like to quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm sure that's when I'm sure that's a lot of people's Number one is probably like best f Yeah, it's number six for me is Bile Shock. I really love that game. It's look, it still gets probably if we're talking about like all time games period, not just you know three sixties.
Speaker 2: Well that's like opening or like the best fifteen minutes. Yeah, especially but we didn't talk about it, but did you see the Netflix story about it? Like no, I mean Netflix is still saying you're going to do a Bioshot TV show, but it's going to be a more drama focused or like a smaller scope show because I don't want to pay them. They don't want to pay Tom make Bile shot. You know, well, ay why even.
Speaker 1: Do it exactly?
Speaker 2: And then b like hasn't Fallout or the Last of Us shown that, like you gotta spend money for these things to like get high critical.
Speaker 1: I mean they know that with Witcher also, like right, like I get that, like you kind of got but you got three good seasons out of Witcher before this happen. Yeah, so it's not like, you know, it's all about automatically bad or whatever from the beginning, like you can make it work. Yeah, so I just don't understand that line of thinking. Yeah, what's your number six?
Speaker 2: Uh super Boy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is uh talk about indie game that like sold Xbox leve Arcade for a long time.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you know good platformer. This comedic had great soundtrack. They kept adding ship later, you know, more and more stuff to it off and on. Yeah, yeah, quite good. Definitely know the reason like re releases screwed it up because I can check up the music.
Speaker 1: Yes, suck big time. Number five Walking Dead the game. Look, you can say what you want about the what happened to tellte after and all that stuff about the first Walking Dead game. Still the story is freaking heart wrenching. Look, you don't really do much in the game as far as like what you're really doing walking place to place, making really the point and clicking stuff, but that the story decisions and like what happens to the people in that game, and that's obviously the ending is still freaking heart wrenching. When I go back and think about it, and it is the thing that launched them, honestly. So yeah, it was huge for their first time. Yep, what's your number five?
Speaker 2: Bash?
Speaker 1: Okay, what the super Giant?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hill plays great. I mean it doesn't have a ton of like replayability on like eighties or eighties two, but it play through it twice. That's good enough. Yeah, and you know set the tone for like a lot of their future games. I mean you can directly see how that Bastion and kadis related or like, you know, the same company made them. Yeah, definitely, And I mean for a small team. I mean that was I think there was an eight person team or something, maybe like ten people. You know, it's really small, but they made like a great game back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I mean it's like it's a game that I remember playing and just thinking like damn they made this world and like how I can go and explore and find things, and like how they made that story work is like really cool.
Speaker 2: And the narrator helped, you know, have the narrator. Yeah, it was cool too.
Speaker 1: My number four is U Batman Arkham Asylum. I like I saw them a lot more in City. I think I mentioned a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Times, but that that's the correct opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just City gets it like really bloated. I mean, look, I know the story in City is amazing and all that stuff, and I again, this is more of the whole keeping it to the one game for franchising, because I could have put City on here also. But yeah, I just love the way that Asylum makes the story work. It's it's not this huge bloated thing, and it it's still all the Batman.
Speaker 2: It's a much more tightly focused game, but it works to its credit, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and it's the first time you're getting that awesome combat system and the first time you're really getting you know, that Batman that you they went and made a whole franchise out of, like you know, it started it and for me, it's still the best one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number four for you, I watched that was a lot of honesty.
Speaker 1: I started. Okay, yeah you said that. Number three rock Band three. Look, I think I've said a million things about rock Band in the past. The game that when I talk about three sixty, that is the game for me. It's what made my college years, all that stuff, stuff with my having my friend that played with me all those introducing my dad to rock band and my sister and I brought them into gaming again after like all they did was, you know, play the Wii and stuff like that. So uh rock band, so many amazing memories. Sad that they're no longer doing DLC, but the game is still in Fortnite. Yeah, I guess what's your number three?
Speaker 2: My number three is a game with the three in it, and it's AMP three am three. Okay, it's still the best launch game. Yeah, not only the three sixty, but if anything I could. But you know, it was a good snowboarding game. Uh really creative. You know, the story is insane, but that is great. It's still fun to play. Like. They still haven't made a good snowboarding game sense, which is a bummer. Or they haven't I'll put it. They haven't made a good sports game, you know, extreme sports game since really, I mean, so you want to twenty Hawk one and two were cool, but they does remix of the first two that doesn't quite count. Uh, but yeah, great game. I still love it, and I still I wish they kept going.
Speaker 1: So now my number two is Gears of War three, and I mean Gears is like to me, it's one of the special franchises that obviously define that generation of Xbox. That and Halo obviously and Foorza, but it's the series that, like it was started and completed at least the first three games and the judgment, which you know wasn't great, but the first three games are fantastic and their own right. You could have easily put you know, one or two one here as well, but three because it ends the story and you got to end it all on one console, right, So just.
Speaker 2: The three sixties is really good about that about having you know, franchises starting and what should have been ending on the console, and they kept going on longer and longer.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, definitely. I mean, look, they're making the Gears six or whatever. Hopefully that's gonna be great or like a return to form and yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, that's right. Well you're gonna go back and play with those those characters, you know, Dom and or Phoenix again just like you did with these so and I love that with the Beast mode that they had in this game too, and then of course they they kind of defined the Horde mode throughout the years with this game. So yeah, what's your number? Two.
Speaker 2: Uh for the Horizon one, oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, not not even to one.
Speaker 2: No, I liked one quite a bit. I didn't play too but I liked one. You know, that was good enough for me. Uh you know, just a great exploration game. And like the later games have gotten, you know, bigger and more complicated. I think it's kind of a detriment actually, Uh so, yeah, I just like the relative simplicity of the first one. And if they just had it like in a different you know land for like the next you know, the next games out have been fine, but then they're like, oh, I gotta have all these new other race types and modes. It's like, no, you don't, you don't. Yeah, you know, I was happy with the first one.
Speaker 1: Well they technically do, because you know, they definitely need they need to uh make it elongated, get people more play time with the game. I guess kind of makes But.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with like thirty hours in the fours of the Horizon one, not like the ninety would have to put in the Horizon five.
Speaker 1: They want you to play the game for nine years.
Speaker 2: Well I don't want to. So we have a difference of opinion.
Speaker 1: What's your number? One?
Speaker 2: Kind of complex I knew that was kind of yeah, you love this game, so yep, great Metro Vanier. Uh. You know, for me, it kind of revitalize the genre because it's pretty stagnant before that, and even after that it took que a year two for people other people companies to like make more, but you know, great game and sadly left in a cliffhanger. That's if the only like really bad thing is it an InKo two obviously, Yeah, but it was like a really good showing at the time, especially of like hey, Xbox Live Arcade games can be like full games, you know, right, not just no, there are other games, but like they they showed like shot A complexes, like hey, this is like almost on a triple A level. Yeah, and it's so fun to play, like even now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they did that collection not too long ago, right.
Speaker 2: Me guess, let me guess your number one Modern warfare.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure that were people would be like, how do you not have at least one Call of Duty on even one of the l's list.
Speaker 2: Because that's a multi platform franchise that came out on everything right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's also you know, cality, like I mean I'm sure if you're a lover of Call of D I'm sure you would have that on there. I don't neither one of us.
Speaker 2: Or like Huge Red Dead.
Speaker 1: It's Halo three. I don't have anything, you know, I have no actually never played the first I never played any of the Red Dead anything. So but yeah, mine's Halo three. Uh. It actually ends the story in a satisfying way again just like Gears three. And then they kind of after that they screwed it up because you know, Bungee is no longer evolved to the point where they had that which I forgot to talk about. I think last week they had that rumor about whether or not three four three is actually still making the game or not when it comes to the future of Halo, whether it's gonna be Halo six or whatever they're gonna call that. But Halo three was great. They added all the you know, I had all the multiplayer stuff that you would expect, and they had a great story with it. They expanded upon it with luc and especially with Reach that was great. And my cap off to the whole saga Bungeee with Halo. So yeah, Unfortunately they were have not been able to reach the heights of that. Look, there's a ton of great games we didn't mention that. I'm sure a lot of you three sixty folks will probably be mentioning in the comments, but hey, it's our list. Can make your words if you want to, right really quickly. Here games coming out this week. There's the Star Wars Boundary Hunter remaster, which another one of those Aspire games, So make of it what you will.
Speaker 2: Those do surprisingly well, well.
Speaker 1: They do well, but I'm talking about develop wise. Yeah, that's so great. Thank goodness you're here. That's a cool little like comedy platform or game that people should go check out if you're into the the indie games. The Tamba the Tamba Remaster comes out also.
Speaker 2: I don't have it, but I'm good. I'm getting the collection's edition, so that'll take like four months.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I'm sorry, you gotta wait.
Speaker 2: But great, like is like what Maria should be.
Speaker 1: Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Like an open world marrow game? Okay, West and you know, get act upgrades and ship like that. You know it'd be great.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, no, they have the levels, but they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is all like one big world, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. The Closer to the Distance as well also comes to, like the new consoles and PC. That's a like narrative game that looks interesting. World of Goutu also comes out or Switch at PC, so uh, you know, and Eating Genesis as well, so some cool things come in. It's the early part of the month, most of the you know, the big game everybody's waiting for, the Star Wars Outlass comes out at the end of the month basically, and then of course it was maddening there in the middle and all that stuff. So there's some things coming here. We're getting again towards the fall, but I gotta start working again, So appreciate everybody watching. Let us know what your top three sixty games are, and we'll see you next week. Everyone later,