Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news video.
Speaker 2: Emma, thank you very much for my intro. Good evening, everybody, we are about to wave goodbye to I'm just gonna say the year twenty twenty four is gonna try to come up with an adjective to fit it, but no adjective that crossed my mind would fit an apt descriptions for this year. But we've only got four hours or so left to twenty twenty four, and let's open our arms and welcome in twenty twenty five. First hour of Nightside, Dan, it's off. He'll be back tomorrow. As a matter of fact, we're gonna talk about game shows. And I don't know if you have noticed what I have noticed a lot of people who just don't belonging a game show are m seeing a game show, and the game shows that they're creating new ones just kind of lack pizzazz. They figure just keep offering large chunks of money and that will do what game shows have always done, which is went over the American public. And that's wrong. And as well, they keep bringing back game shows. They had their time, they were great while they were here, but they keep bringing them back, and obviously Peter Marshall has passed on. So you have Hollywood Squares, the whole new bunch of performers, all nine stars, and the word stars is the operative word. So I decided to get a professional, a gentleman who did his doctorate in college and game shows, who got a chance to sit down with the legends Mark Goodson and Bill Toddman. They gave him a gig, started as an intern, worked his way up, and most recently, for over thirty years, he was the executive producer of The Price Is Right. Please welcome form a guest of mine and friend Roger, Doctor Roger, Happy New.
Speaker 3: Year, Happy New Year to you, Morgan. Is always a pleasure to be on your show.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. And did you agree with some of the things I said?
Speaker 3: I agreed one hundred percent what you said I do. It's very, very sad the game show industry on TV right now. It's it's you know, when when I was working and I've left about fifteen sixteen years ago, there were Mark Goodson was a game show factory. They knew what they were doing. You had previous companies had Heater Quig, you had Bob Stewart Productions, you had jack Berry Productions, and these were they were involved with game shows. They would work on a game show and make it perfect and find the right MC. None of them are around anymore. All these new game shows are produced by people have no experience.
Speaker 2: In games, don't know what they are doing.
Speaker 3: No, that's right, they don't know what they're doing. They don't understand the whole complexities of making an interesting game that pulls you in that you want to watch every week. It's on every day, that's on. It's and when they you brought you mentioned, they bring back old game shows. They bring them back and they're not quite right either. You know, they do little changes quirks to it, and they get the worst they get the worst mcs. It's it's terrible right now.
Speaker 4: It is sad.
Speaker 3: I find it very sad. I find it very sad. I have a question to ask you, Morgan. Can you think of any game show in the last fifteen to twenty years that was a breakaway game show that became a big hit that people really like, that that was on more than thirteen weeks or twenty nine weeks? Can you say any which one I want.
Speaker 2: To deal or no deal.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, y'are absolutely right. I didn't think was that.
Speaker 2: I think I think Carr and Howard Carr, excuse me, the Boston radio personality. Howry Mandel was a great choice to run that game show. He ran it well. He had what you were called before that game show gene. You're born with it, and it's not easy to develop if you don't have it. And I think the drama of will he hit the button and take whatever the banker offers, or will he go for another couple of briefcases hoping that one of the big briefcases on left. You know, I liked that game show and I cannot think of any of the game show that was new then the perimeters that you put to me over the past fifteen twenty years that lasted and held my interest to watch it the whole hour through. Let me do it. And they're bringing it back with some new confilated plot line of deal and o'deal island, and I don't know what that's all about, but I wish them luck.
Speaker 3: That's so comical they have to put it on an island. And yes, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To read a list to you. I wrote down the game show hosts. And this isn't every single one, It's only about eight nine ten names that knew how to do the game show of which they hosted. And I let off with Bob Barker, Need I say more, Bill Cullen, Peter, Peter Marshall. And this is in no particular order. It's just as in the order that I thought of them when I leave off. Peter Marshall, Peter Tamarkan, Chuck Woolery, Richard Dawson, Jim Perry, here's the name, grout Show, and Bob Eubanks. They all were well known for doing a game show show or game shows, and they did a superb job. And whether you got get right, let me say you win your way up on the price is right stage and you're playing ten chances, and you start off not ending in a zero for the Clippers. Bob knows and the audience knows that every single prize up there for the ten chances ends in a zero, but the poor contestant doesn't, and Bob doesn't ridicule them. He plays along and hopes that they will stumble upon the right formula and eventually get to play for the car and win it. That's the game show host right right, And basically he was the best in the business, right.
Speaker 3: A game show host on the old school game shows, the old Once again, I'm going to go back to the problem with digital editing. But these old shows were taped live to tape, mainly because tape was hard to edit. And these game show hosts, they were in charge of the show. When the show went on, they were in charge and were blunders. They were in charge of the blunders. If they had a bad contestant, they had to take care of the band contestant. They were in charge of the shows. Now with digital editing, you don't. The producers are back in charge. They can put anybody in there. They can stop tape at any time and say, you know, there's a mistake here, We've got to redo this. They can tell the contestant please react better. They can stop the show anytime. They're in charge now, not the game show hosts. The producers are back in charge, and that's what we're missing. We have these robots up there now just following the directions of the producers. They're not in charge of the show anymore.
Speaker 2: Alec doesn't have the game show Gene Anthony Anderson doesn't have the game show gene. I could keep going and I'll go to the opposite. The man who did not have it when he first got the job with family Feud, Steve Harvey did not have it, but he has developed it and he has made it his own. Let me take a break. When we come back, maybe we'll get some phone calls. You are if you want to call in and let me hear your opinion of game shows six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty, You're welcome to join. Roger Doptgotz and I and I'm gonna have Roger give his backstory so you'll understand he knows of what he speaks. Time here on night Side eight sixteen, temperature forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dim is off tonight. He will be back tomorrow eight o'clock. This will be his microphone. It's always his microphone, whether he takes vacation days off or not. I'm Morgan filling in and my guest Roger Dopkowitz. Roger, could you give you a backstory so people know the history of a man who's talking about game shows.
Speaker 3: Oh well, okay, I go back. I studied. I studied television in college, and after I was done with my regular degree, I decided to go for a master's degree and I have to write a thesis. So I wrote a thesis on game shows, a pretty comprehensive thesis. And I use that thesis to try to get a job, and I hooked one with Mark Goodson, who got my thesis. I sent it to him and he liked my thesis and he's at My favorite part of this story is I was in New York and I went to him for an interview and he turns to me and he said, Rajah, Okay, when are you planning to fly back to California? And I said, I'm not flying, I'm driving. And his eyes bugged out and he said, you're driving. You drove here? I said yeah, And I think that sold him on me that I would drive all the way to New York for a game show interview, which I did, and I got a job on The Price Is Right as a production assistant, and I slowly worked my way up and Mark Goodson then funny made me producer of the show, and I say.
Speaker 5: With the show.
Speaker 3: Right right, And I was fortunate. I was very fortunate to be in Mark Goodson had a select group of people that he always had meetings with. You know this this he had six or seven eight people that he trusted with game shows, talking about them, developing them. And I was very, very fortunate for him to include me in that group. I was one of the youngest in the group, and now I'm one of the last that was in the group that's still wrapped. We'll tell you what because I was one of the youngest and now I'm the last one.
Speaker 2: My producer, the man who called you, his name is Rob Brooks, and we talked periodically during the commercial break, and he said his favorite game show was Match Game, and I wanted to kick myself in the head. Why didn't I add Gene Rayburn's name to the list?
Speaker 3: I gave, oh, yeah, one of the band.
Speaker 2: You began a match Game even before you went to the Prices, right, So can you talk a bit about No.
Speaker 3: No, I sat on the Price first. I started on Price first, and then match Gin was brought back, and I actually asked for a job on the show. I went to Goods and I said, I like the work in the show too, and so I worked on both shows, on Price and Max Game, and on Match Game, I was merely merely a que card person. I made up the que cards and held them up for Jean. But I learned a lot from that position. I learned a lot, but made a good game shows because I could. I could. I could just observe the show. I could have observed the chemistry. I could observe what was needed to make that show the big hit it was.
Speaker 2: I mean I just periodically you would get camera time, nothing would happen in the joke or whatnot.
Speaker 6: And I would not.
Speaker 3: I was not a very good speller, and Jean Raymond will always pointed out that I was not a good speller, but I didn't. I'm a ham. I love being on camera. I was a ham. I knew I was going to be on cameras, so I had a good time. Even though.
Speaker 2: Even though you just did the queue cards, I don't think I ever saw you without a tie on, and you always.
Speaker 3: I did. I always try to look the best. Yes I did, I did.
Speaker 2: I do. You're wearing a jacket and tie right now. We just can't see it.
Speaker 3: Right, now right now, with my broken leg, I'm wearing a tie.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask one more prices, I mean, excuse me, one more match game question. Then I'm going to take some calls.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: It was obvious if you watch TV that once they brought in the celebrity wheel, you had to spend that in order to see which celebrity you would have to match and for how much money. Richard dawson't was not happy about that. No, I don't know how much.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I recall that he was not happy. You could see it in him. And that was and that was the start of him thinking about maybe I should leave this show. And eventually he did, of course, which was it was very when he left the show, is very detrimental to the show. And they just shot themselves in the foot there when they thought, well we've got you know, the press were thinking, well, we've got to let the other stars have a chance. This is not fair that they're always picking on Richard.
Speaker 2: You know, every now and then they would pick one of the other five, but primarily oh, I'll take Richard please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Richard played. Everybody loved Richard. He took the game very seriously. He knew and they head to head. It wasn't time to make jokes or make a funny answer just for a laugh, and the contestants could really count on him.
Speaker 2: And for a contestant to win between five and ten thousand dollars depending on what Richard Dawson said, that was important to them.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, we're some of the other people. It didn't happen often, but I could see they were going for the joke. They were right, that seriously right.
Speaker 2: All right, tell you what. Let's take a phone call before you have to do a news hit. Let's go to Beverly Manson. Speak to Jolene Jet, Roger Dopkowitz.
Speaker 7: Hello, good evening, Roger and Morgan Ah love object. One of my favorite game shows was The Newlywed Game, and so often my husband and I will do something our interactions will remind me of that game. We were discussing the way I cut hamburgers when I make them at home, and it turned into rather an argument. And I think for myself, so many times when stuff like this happens, Man, they ought to make a new newlywed game and call it They're not so newlywed game because so many people in their sixties and fifties, and I think would really bring that back.
Speaker 2: Roger germans an idea for you, they're not so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love to see that. But another favorite of mine was Video Village that had a piano.
Speaker 2: Monty Hall before Let's Make a Deal. I remember that game show so well.
Speaker 7: It was so interesting. It was different with that piano game show. But what I'm looking at right now is something I got from the Post Office and it is commemorative stamps regarding Alex Trebec. Yes, and there's a bunch of commemorative Forever stamps and it says on the stamp. This naturalized US citizen hosted the quiz show Jeopardy for thirty seven years seasons.
Speaker 2: And he he hosted several game shows before he struck gold behind the podium on Jeopardy high Rollers, there's another one that escapes for the moment moment. But he had that mc gene, Roger, do you agree about Alex Trebeka?
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, exactly. No. Alex Trebek was part of that pool of great mcs that you could if you had a game show, you could choose one of those people, and Alex Trabik was right up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But they're going to change the format. I heard somewhere where it's going to be a traveling trivia show. I just heard about it once. I'm not sure. But Ken Jennings I believe is going to replace him.
Speaker 2: Well, Ken Jennings has replaced Alex passed away two or three years ago. But Ken Ken Jennings was a duel host with Miami be Aleck and then they decided just to go with Ken Jennings all the way through, and last I heard, he is still comfortably hosting Jeopardy.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I'm looking to see if there changes its format would be interesting. Well, I'd love it, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Work Juline, thank you for your call and happy to you to you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's my key with game shows, and that's why some of the game shows you see ol there now have been tinkered with and it has not improved situations for Jimmy and Boston. You'll be next anyone else who wants to call during the news six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. Roger Doptkowitz, former executive producer of the Price Is Right, is here, time, eight thirty one, forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on the night side with Dan Ray. I'm w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go right back to the telephone in Boston with Jimmy, Jimmy, Happy New Year. You've got Roger Dopkowitz.
Speaker 6: I years ago, my cousin, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Years ago, was on the Prices Right and and she was trying to be an actress out in California, And so my aunt and uncle went out to visit her, and she got one of the contestants on Prices Right, and she ended up winning the showcase. But it was lucky that she won the showcase. But but she was picked because she was miss I don't want to say the the state, but he used to be the host of What the USA Right of Connecticut? Okay, and so but so it wasn't chance that she got called to get Tessa's row. But it was chance that she won the showcase, you know what I mean, because they interviewed her coming into the show, and they knew the connection between Bob Baker her, so that's why they take her to be a contestant. But then, like I said, it was a chance that she won the showcase even though she couldn't afford it at all.
Speaker 2: And we hold one second, Roger, explain to my audience, when, however, many people show up to see the price is right? If I'm not mistaken, I think it's three hundred people in the audience. How do we whittle that down to nine?
Speaker 3: We interview everybody in line. We give them all like a thirty second interview, and from that little interview we decide whether they're they're good enough and or an interesting enough person to be a contestant. We did, I can I can say right now we had no idea of the connection between that girl and Bob Barker. There was no way we would the connection. She was picked because she was an interesting person. Uh, she must have had a wonderful personality, one of the reasons maybe she won her contest and we picked him because we found her interesting. And and if Bob and we would even if we knew the connection, we would not tell Bob because that would that would influence the show and it would be wrong because you have should have no connection with person connection. So I can assure the caller that we had no idea and Bob probably had no idea either until unless she said at the end of winning, I won, you know the big contest, Bob, and that would have been the only Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's that's great.
Speaker 2: But when it comes down to you and another person of the last two, and you each get a showcase that gives you three or four things of which to bid upon, you have to come up with a figure you think would be the total of all of those things, and the person who is the better bidder wins. And there have been some interesting circumstances over the years. I'm gonna have Roger speak to that. But Jimmy, I'm gonna say good night to you. But Happy New.
Speaker 6: Year, Happy New Year, you too, Happy New Year, Boldians, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Bye bye, Jimmy. Anyone else who wants to do what Jimmy did and the call before Jimmy, you want to speak to Roger Darpka, which you want to tell us about your favorite game show and or your favorite game show host. Give us a call six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty eight eight, eight nine to nine, ten thirty. For the rest of this hour, we're talking about game shows. We'll move on to something else during the nine o'clock hour. But Rob the perfect good I know, you know that whole story. Tell me about the perfect bid episode.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, first of all, for the thirty five years I worked with Bob, Bob and I always we always said, someday, somebody's going to get the showcase right on the nose. And then Bob and I we talked about something that's going to happen that's going to be so exciting. Somebody guesses it right on the nose. Well, it happened, but not under my producership, and after Bob had left the show. It happened during Drew Carey's rain and somebody got it right on the nose. Okay, And this person got it on the nose because we had there was a person in the audience who knew the prices so well he memorized them, and he came to a total. He saw the prizes in the show. He came to the total, and he started screaming it out, and the wife of the contestant on stage was sitting right next to him, and the wife then screamed it out to her husband up and stage, and the husband up and stage got it right on the nose. And when that happened, they went to commercial break. You know, go to you make your bids, and then you go to commercial break. You come back from the commercial break and you reveal the differences. So they went to commercial break, and of course the show is now I'm sorry to say, run by inexperienced people, and they stopped down. They think, oh my god, this is there must be some shenanigans going on. And they stopped down apparently at thirty to forty minutes I've heard trying to figure this out.
Speaker 6: Try.
Speaker 3: They think something's wrong here. Somebody probably gave this guy up the answers, and they got all nervous and everything like that, and they came back from commercial break to reveal the differences. And they were so nervous about this. Drew didn't make a big deal at all about it. He says, there's a real price of the show kids thirty seven and eight forty five for a difference of zero. And that was it. That was the end of the story. No, there was no hoopla, there was nothing now. Bob and I, if that happened to us, we would have we would have embraced it. We would have made it the biggest thing. Ever, the show would have gotten publicity. Bob would have been interviewed, the contestant would have been interviewed. It would have made all the news. It would have made the newscasts and the news papers. But this new regime blew it. And and see, Bob and I would have turned it into a win win situation. Okay, we got the publicity from somebody, got it right and knows we made a big hoopla about it, and it was so excited. It would have been so exciting. And now, okay, let's let's say three months later we do an investigation and we find out there was some shenanikus. This guy got the got the totals from somebody backstage. Well, we would have made a big deal about that.
Speaker 1: We would have.
Speaker 3: Said, hey, we found out this was this was there was a shenanigans. Somebody cheated. This person's not going to get the prizes. We're taking away the prizes. And that would have been a because it would have shown everybody how honest we are. See, we would have had a win win situation where Drew carry and those inexperienced people made it the lose lose situation. They got no pulpacy from that, and they blew it. And this is where you know, I hate to brag about me or people like me, but we're experienced. We know about how to deal with game shows. We know how to do game shows. And now you have these people not they don't know how to do game shows and they things like this. Yes, they don't. They don't get it. They don't get the show business. There's a show business element that they're they're not getting anymore. You know, show business is hard to you know, explain exactly what shows.
Speaker 2: I hear how draining this is for you to recall. Yes, we're the current regime messed up. Didn't know, No, not messed up, but did didn't embrace the situation that could have been win win for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's it were so aggravated. Bob and I wanted that moment. Bob and I wanted to have a content zero difference, but we didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, Now I'm going to mention something that is an offshoot of the example you just gave. Okay, do you remember in the late eighties there would be a recurring prize, a pearl grandfather clock. Now it was usually the same clock every now and then. It might have been a bit taller, bit shorter. Nuances are slightly different, but for the most part it was the same clock. The price of that clock I tell you now as we waved combut a twenty twenty four was seven hundred and fifty dollars. So whenever, because I used to play, two of my friends, Warren and Marker come over to my house and we'd play the Price is Right. We'd play along. I'm sure a lot of people did across the country. So whenever a pearl grandfather clock was involved, if it was the one big price, or if it was in a showcase, whatever the case may be, we knew it and nailed it every single time until inflation a couple of years later. I guess up the price, and then it would be a bit more of a fluctuation. But I knew that price, and I if I were on and the upshoot of that story, when you invited me out and I witnessed a shooting of the price is right, there was a pearl grandfather clock, and I did not. We had become friendly with a guy who wanted to putting his way on stage, and did I help him no, because Roger Topowitz had invited me as a guest, and I would not. Now I yelled out guess as the prizes for all the other things. But when the program the clock came up, I shut my trap because that would not have been right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were a good boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I tried, tried to make sure I follow the rules. Anyway, let me take another break. Paul and Winthrop, be patient. You'll get a chance to speak to Roger after a few commercials. Here on night's side. Dan is off, He'll be back tomorrow. Our Morgan time and temperature eight forty seven forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off tonight. He will be back tomorrow and you can make book on that. I have as my guest, mister Roger Dopkowitz, former executive producer of The Price Is Right, the iconic morning game show. And if you want to call in, I'll try to squeeze you one, but I've got a couple of callers ahead of you, like Paul in Winsor Paul. Good evening, and welcome tonight's side.
Speaker 5: Good evening, gentlemen, I had a question, if you win the prizes, do you have to pay taxes on those? And if you win a car and you live in Massachusetts, do they ship the car to you or do you get to pick the car from a Massachusetts dealership.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's the easy question. Easy questions to answer it. You have to pay taxes. It's considered whatever you win, it's considered income. So you take the value of whatever the prize is and you add it to your income for the at the end of the year. The car situation is, we would arrange for a local dealership for you to go down and pick up your car from a local dealership. Okay, if we were nice people, we made we try to make it easy for our contestants.
Speaker 5: Okay, if I win and I really don't want the prize that was like a camp or a boat, am I able to trade it in for a cash equivalent?
Speaker 3: No, you would have to. You would decline the prize then, Oh.
Speaker 5: So you would lose them. You wouldn't get that then.
Speaker 3: Yes, there were some situations, Okay, there there were some situations like if if you want let's say you want a trailer and it was worth ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, and.
Speaker 3: If the company was charging US ten thousand dollars, sometimes we were able to give you part of the cash value, but that didn't that didn't happen too often.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is the best Yes.
Speaker 2: If you want a trailer and you didn't want the trailer, my yeah, tell it, take take the take the trailer and sell it yourself. You could probably make even more than the ten thousand dollars. Put an add in the paper and say brand new Winnebago for sale, best offer accepted, and go from there.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, you could do it. Just one other quick question. If the show is based in California and I'm from Massachusetts, do I have to pay taxes to California as well as Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that I don't know. That's really getting that's get really getting the income tax details that I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, don't good enough, Thank you very much. Okay, take he Hey.
Speaker 2: Bye bye and Roger. After we take this next call, I want to tell a story them involved, the two of us and one of my listeners, Jane and Shrewsbury. You're next on Night.
Speaker 4: Side, Hi, Morgan and Roger. I'll be quick. Just two questions. Take time, go ahead, Okay, Well, when you were giving a list of hosts earlier, it occurred to me that there were no women. And I know you mentioned myambiolic and I might have missed a couple of minutes of the show, but I was just curious what your thoughts were as to why there haven't been more women on game shows. I know there's the Game Show Network now. I saw it when I was at the dentist, which kind of surprised me. And there's some women on that, but I've never watched it otherwise. And my other question, just so I don't run out of time, has there ever been a game show played on the radio?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, A lot of great game shows came from radio exposure. Roger, don't you want to speak to the women aspect?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay. Now, I'm not saying it's right or it's or anything like that, but I believe the fact that there have been women. MC's Betty White once one time hosted a game show, and what's her name was hosting Jeopardy for the while there.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 3: Think it's a cultural thing. I'm not saying it's right, so don't get mad at me, but I believe. I believe subconsciously most people sort of prefer a male MC only because in our culture there's this impression that a male is more in control, more like the father figure, the more setting down the rules that you know, it comes from in our families, even you know, the dad is, oh, be careful, the dad's coming home, and I was bad and I better be careful. He's more of a a you know, it has more a feeling of authority. And I think that's one of the reasons why. And I'm not saying is right or I'm not saying it is wrong, so don't get mad at me, but I think it's part of our culture.
Speaker 2: And Jane does ever to answer your question, yes, and I'm not mad.
Speaker 4: I started laughing also when you did, Morgan. But I think it might also be like we have this idea somehow that the hosts actually know all the topics that they're addressing, you know, like Alex Trebek seemed really smart, but obviously he didn't know everything just off the top.
Speaker 6: Of his head.
Speaker 4: So maybe people are i mean, part of it a habit and like you said, people are used to it. But there might be some opportunities for women to play the same role someday, hopefully Jane.
Speaker 2: Right now, in one week, you could turn your channel selector. Raven Simone is hosting a game show. Meredith Vieira has hosted several game shows, The Millionaire Game Show and twenty five Words or Less. Melissa Peterson, who was on Bothriba and Young Sheldon, has a game show currently. So there are more examples of women hosting a game show than there used to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounds good, Happy New Year to you, same to you.
Speaker 2: Take care, bye bye. All right, Roger, I'm gonna remind you of something. Okay, one of the times I had you as a guest, a caller called in and said he had gotten tickets to go see a priceless Right episode and what should he do in hopes of becoming one of the nine people chosen? And you and I both gave him advice of how to look, what to say, how to act present himself, and lo and behold, he did it, and he chosen and he got up on stage to have a chance to win a car, and believe it or not, what's the game where you have up to four chances out of five to pick the price.
Speaker 3: Tag five Price tags.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, he picked you only had two choices, two picks, and on his last choice, his second choice, he won a twenty two thousand dollars car.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so. I'm glad to.
Speaker 2: Hear that, Morgan. Thank Roger for me. And anyway, I'm out of time. Roger, I know your legs broken state, put relax, get better. You have a happy twenty twenty five, do you hear me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and same to you. If I can be a great year for all.
Speaker 2: Of it, yes, it will. You take care, byebye, all right, everybody, we're going to take a break the news. When we come back, ken Meyer and I are going to play a game with you. Time in temperature eight fifty eight forty four degrees