Speaker 1: A forty fifty five krc DE talk station. As always, props to Dan Regnold for creating the empower You Seminar series. Wonderful learning opportunities on a whole variety of topics, from politics to gardening to lighting. And today I'm pleased to welcome to the fifty five CARC Morning Show Manada is all about lighting, Scott Zimmerman. He's the founder of a company called Silo Sinc. Maker of ni r A lighting, which is my understanding what near what near infrared enhanced lighting, and he'll explain that in the moment. He has one of the thirty five years of experience in the field of lighting and displays. Innovations and inventions have been used commercially in a wide range of military commercial products, including night vision displays, liquid crystal displays, back gliding designs, and lighting fixtures, and lately he's been focused on quantifying the health effects of natural sunlight and the concerns with LED type lighting. Scott Zimmerman, it's great to have you on the Morning show. Your Power You seminars taking place tomorrow night beginning at seven. Listeners know to log in to empower You. The letter You America dot org and get registered. Welcome to the show, sir. It's a pleasure having you on today.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: The one common complaint I hear is the modern headlights, those brilliant almost blue blasting headlights. It's like the low beams are on, but it looks like you're getting hit by like five sets of light bulbs, all intense on high beam. That's one area where I at least recognize that a lot of people have, at least in my world, have complained about. But that's just one element of these blue lights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I totally agree with you. There are the headlights are really annoying and a problem. But in general, I don't think people are aware that what the government has done with very hivarious doe debardment of energy mandates is eliminate about ninety percent of what we get when we walk out and look into up there or we're in normal outdoor blue sky type of situation. And what we're finding is I've been lucky enough to work with a number of world leaders in certain areas. Bob Jeffries neuroscientists, Bob Fosbery astrophysicists, for Robert Swelt, a forward board certification doctor, and we're finding that what they took away, the ninety percent of the solar spectrum that they took away from us with LED lighting is actually affecting our health and it was actually being used for some very important purposes within the body. So it's been kind of a very interesting We have probably one of the most diverse group of people looking at the problem, and it's something that I think we're trying to get them to change. What's going on, And like I say, it's a lot more than just headlights. It's also just what's affecting our kids, build, you learn, or immune system, a bunch of other things.
Speaker 1: Really well, I can understand the evolutionary process. Up until very very recent in human mankind's development, we relied on firelight, and of course with the incandescent bulb. Of my understanding is those did burn on a spectrum that provided this red and infrared light that we had become used to. But you know, enter the global warming phenomenon and these you know, compact fluorescent bulbs, which I always absolutely hated. Segue to LED bulbs, which until recently, and I want to ask you about them, up until recently they were really harsh. You know, the light was intense white light and didn't have any color to it. There's no warm glow to it now with modern LEDs, and I'm hoping you don't tell me that my can lights which are LED are bad froom because they're adjustable and you can get a warm glow from them. Is that the kind of NIRA technology you're talking about that's now being developed or have I got that wrong?
Speaker 2: And unfortunately it's not all they've done. It's the eye has a very limited only measures of UR can only detect about ten percent of the solar spectrum and the rest of it it has no idea what's going on. And so the lighting industry, you know, one of those green, misguided but well intended green attempts at saving energy. They said, well, let's just take the ninety percent that nature has been providing for millions of years and the body has adapted to and get rid of it, and instead we're going to only give you the part that chair I respond to, Well, that sounds like a great thought. Unfortunately, those other wavelengths were actually there to actually make it so that you could see safely. And so what are you seeing you're seeing explosion in blue blockers, in red light therapy, in you know, forest bathing, all these things. The public is sensing that there is a problem here, and now we're putting some sign behind it, and it's showing that hey, you know, those longer wavelengths that we can't see, we're actually there so that you could safely be in a blue sky or had you know, some of the immune improve your immune response or ability of the mitochondria to actually generate energy. And what's fascinating is that it's this multi disciplined team is now getting a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon saying, hey, you know, maybe maybe we may win a little too far, and we actually have a petition now and to try and pull back some of the mandates that the DOE put in place, especially under the Biden administration, to say, you know where they were essentially creating requirements that would make for a toxic environment as far as all the lighting and you're not going to die tomorrow. I'm not saying that the point is is good, you know. You know. The point is is that you know, after millions of years of adaptation to the solar spectrum, the body has developed some amazing optic My field is optical engineering, So I looked at the optic side of things, and you see that the body literally collects and localizes some of these longer wavelengths around the fetus during development and or in through the brain structure. You know, I keep on saying, you know, think about the old days where you had a flashlight and you stuck it in your mouth and you were telling ghost stories and you see everything kind of glow red and orange. Well, the longer wavelengths actually penetrate deep into the body and they are stimulating various things that we are only now beginning to understand. But it is clearly something that is the body expects, and if it doesn't get it, then there's going to be an adverse effect. It's kind of like ying yang. You know, you need the visible to see and do your work and all this other stuff, but the longer wavelengths are there to kind of Okay, well that takes it is as harmful in some ways, We're going to use this to kind of offset it. So it's kind of like a on a you know, a like I say, a Yin yang type situation.
Speaker 1: Well, since we are literally surrounded by these everywhere we go these days. And I've been working under fluorescent lights for as long as I've been in a job. I presume that those also lack these red and infrared spectrums.
Speaker 2: That's correct, and you know, and what Glenn's done in particular, he's done a lot of studies now where he's showing that, you know, the the reintroducing the longer wavelengths having a positive effect on your eye ability to see color, contrast or other aspects. There's a strong a lot of people are doing red light therapy to increase wound healing. Well, those are real effects, and they do add up over time. And Glenn's done some great work with animal insects and things like that to show the twenty five percent increase in a lifetime associated with those flies and things of that nature. But we're just now starting to understand that all these different longer wavelengths that you can't see with your eye are just as important and in some ways more important. And unfortunately, there was a time when you may have been under a fluorescent light during work, but you came home to an incandescent and read his story to your son or your daughter, and that was giving you a plent or you had a fire in the fireplace going or things of that nature. So you know, these thermal sources are broad bandomitters that clear out into way out into the longer wavelengths. And as we dig deeper, we're seeing more and more cases where isn't that a coincidence that this is localized near this particular thing, And then you throw that in and so in a lot of ways, what we have is while RFK Junior is focused on processed food, we have processed sunlight and it is negatively impacting our ability for our kids to learn. And there's you know, and proving all that will take time and effort, but it's it's something that's simple to fix and and it still saves some energy. You know. That's what our products are basically showing. But my main focus is not on our products. So my main focus we tell everybody please just go outside. Don't be stupid outside, I put it, wear a hat. You know, you're not out there to bake yourself. But simply walking the forest then enhances the amount of near and for red that you're getting into your body, and there's a positive effect.
Speaker 1: Well, the production of vitamin D because not of us, all of us have enough vitamin D in our bodies because we send so much time in the house. You know, we're at work for eight hours or more and then we go home and we sit in front of our laptops. And I understanding laptops also have this negative effect in terms of the light that they produce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are only visible lighting. And you know, you think about children. This is the first generation where this is going to have a marked effect, and it already is having a marked effect, and that you know, it used to be you and I we would go out and we'd be building the fort or going and doing something. Even children's sports nowadays are usually done indoors under artificial lighting that contains none of these longer wavelengths. And you know, so if we can encourage people to safely and you know, you're not going to in the afternoon after school, the kids are not going to get a bunch of sunburns or things like that. In ninety nine, Flame of the Places, and you know, if they're working under doing stuff under trees or whatever, that's that's just more of the positive because if you get a chance. Bob Posberry has some great pictures of what's going on within the body where he shows how the near infra red penetrates all the way through your hand into your internal organs and then the trees when you're outdoors are reflecting in there and for red. So it's kind of like a pair of nature sunglasses where absorbing the visible and the UV but reflecting the they air inf red into people when you're outdoors interacting with nature. And so that's sort of and what's really exciting is is that Bob R. Roger Swelt is starting to He's a board certified doctor, emergency room doctor, pulmonary doctor. He started to take his parent patients out and seeing positive results by just simply going outside with him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one takeaway we get today from Scott Zimerman, who's doing the seminar tomorrow night beginning at seven pm and power you America dot or get over there and register and learn more about this one takeaway today, get outside and enjoy some sunlight and forest bathing. Ron Wilson, our gardening expert, would love to hear this. If he was listening right now, he will be smiling with delight. This has been fascinating. Scott Zimerman, I look forward to my listeners joining the program tomorrow night, seven pm. Log in and learn something, and get home and get outside for a change. Thanks for your time today, it's really fascinating. Eight fifty two coming up an eight fifty three, fifty five Casey the Talk Station, be right back, fifty five the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Hey Gary,