Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, It's me Cecily Nobler here with Stephanie Wilder Taylor say hey, she's cool to vibe and bro, she is hanging bro dang. You know we are here for Okay, let me see if I can get through this. And just like that part two of this week's episode.
Speaker 2: So we are.
Speaker 1: If you're following along, and you should be, we are on episode six of season three, and this is the second part of this recap. We're going to get into it. We're going to get right into it, and there's not much to get into because it's so lame. But you liked this episode. It's I didn't hate it like everybody else. I didn't hate it. I didn't there's nothing to hold on to. It's not like you think about it, right.
Speaker 2: It's I feel and I know we're just getting right back into the episode. But I feel like in the olden days, the olden days of this show, there were sort of landmark moments. There were things that it was water cooler talk if.
Speaker 1: You will, right, yeah, but everything was back then because we just had different times, we had less content.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what that is. I really think that women writers are missing it. I do believe that this is just poorly written, and I don't think they can help it, because I genuinely don't think they understand why it's bad. Right, No, you're right, they're off. They're definitely off.
Speaker 1: And like you said in the last part one of this, we were just about to get into, like all the stuff that these women are just bowing down to guys, no matter what it's like, whether it's Carrie and Aiden, it's so it's just ridiculous. Everybody's lost the thread here. But in this case, Lisa is kind of trying not to do that. She's with Marilyn the man the the hot ever, Marian is it Mary?
Speaker 2: It's Mary?
Speaker 1: I keep making it worse Mary, Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 2: Mary.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, so my name's Marilyn Monroe. Okay, but I am a man, shut up my Okay, So my name is Jennifer Heather Lisa, Oh, guys can't be named that, Okay. So the Chauncey the assistant's been calling a lot, but she's like, I've got to work too, I've got a life to turning the phone off. But then Herbert shows up and it's fair Well, we haven't gotten to that yet.
Speaker 2: We're going to come back to that.
Speaker 1: Oh, before we get to Herbert getting there, we're gonna switch over to Aiden showing up at Carrie's house. Just like old days. He had a little pebble back in the day. This is he got her attention. This is an old episode. He gets a rock, he throws it. It's a little sprinkled, nothing really happens. So he gets a different rock, throws it, and it crashes into the home. It just crashes the window. Yes, And he's so upset understandably on that. He's like, ah no, he's such a he's not a great actor though. It's like, why iotta. He just feels so like, oh, this war this window? Understand I Carrie And then so she and she's being very cold. She is, I understand why you'd be annoyed. I would definitely be annoyed. I get annoyed by things like that too. But she's being like downright mean about it. That's so, you know, And I'm not trying to argue. I just think it's so funny the way we see things so different. Like when I think a guy's being mean, You're like.
Speaker 2: What, No, he's just right, right, he's just and he's British. Ye see, I thought she was being very understanding because she's not really saying that much. She's not like what the fuck. He's the one who keeps saying I'll just replace it, and she's like, well, you can't really just replace it, right, She says, these windows survived to Mexican War Civil War draft riots of the sixty three, as in eighteen sixty three. Hard.
Speaker 1: I think that's a little she's kind Oh, I felt like she was something it if she were if if it was the old Carrie, it would be kind of cy like she'd make a joke, she'd be annoyed, like a real person, you know, would would be like, oh my god, what that really sucks? And then if you if you're so calm and cool, she's so xanixed out and so rich that nothing really matters, and then just say, hey, it's going to be a little harder to replace because these are like really old windows with the prism and everything. But you know, you got the money and just throw money at it, you'll fix it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like she kind of did. I feel like she did. She kept I think he's acting over overreacting and being kind of crazy, and she's like all right, like, well, no, you can't just replace the glass because it's you know, you can't. But he's like, no, I could fix it. It's being crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he cuts himself. What if he's just picked up a piece and just started slashing his own leg? Like, ate it? And then he goes, put on your shoes. Wait, aren't you wearing shoes? By the way, who would ask that?
Speaker 2: Nobody in your home? Are you wearing shoes right now?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing any shoes, never wearing shoes in my house. Who would know that? There's no reason for that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's just to set up the Duncan things like oh, just Duncan. I'm just been He's like, okay, there's supposed to be like this tension between Aiden and Duncan, which comes a little bit later sort of kind of but not really.
Speaker 2: He just fucked Kathy. Yeah, it's I have a character absolutely unacceptable everything about him I can't stand. Yeah, agreed. So then so he's just like and then to top it all off, I was so grossed out at this moment. He's just like, and I've broken up with somebody for this exact attitude. Oh god, why doesn't anything go my way? Nothing goes right way? And she's like what she goes and sits with him. She's being very sweet, which like, what kind of a grown man says, doesn't anything go my way?
Speaker 1: After I fucked my wife? When you're gonna found out my ex wife will see later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's And she's like, well, what's not going your way? And he's like wyat, stupid fucking kid, and would get on the fucking plane. He changed his mind at the gate and we were like, no, you're going. Then on the way did they go? I yes, I think they made him go, so then they were probably more research.
Speaker 1: She's probably like, Dad, I looked into it and they did a whole documentary about hers.
Speaker 2: Hell Little said, it has been so outspoken about this. I'm not going to this place you're fucking going and then he Kathy was upset. Athy started crying and then she looked at me and said, what was so bad that we have to send our son to the grand Tetons? And then he's like and also, I want to tell you that I fucked Kathy, but I can't do it right now because I pretend I didn't. It's gonna be later.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find I just I wrote that tunes like and also girls what not? Yet that again is an editing issue, and because then they go back then don't we just have that I'm trying to read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that moment goes back to Herbert. Carrie says, be careful because of the glass, and he goes too late for that. Don't look at me, do not look He's suddenly elephant.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Don't stare at me, don't look at me, don't get too close to me. Right now, I am a man, I'm a human. What the fuck? What is this? What show is this?
Speaker 1: I don't know it makes it.
Speaker 2: He's just came to her so like, you're the one who slept with Kathy, So why didn't you cancel on Carrie and say I issue I need to tell you others on the phone. Yeah, yeah, okay. So now now we're back in.
Speaker 1: The editing day and now Herbert comes. He storms in, but he has news and he's very rude. Originally when he's telling her the news, I told you, Lisa, right.
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing he says is, yeah, I tried to get a hold of you but your phone was off.
Speaker 1: Which it would be in an editing bay. It is totally fine.
Speaker 2: His fucking phone would be off a lot too, because he's running for comptroller, as we have to hear about in every episode. So suddenly she can't turn her phone off for an hour.
Speaker 1: Right, and he's like, yeah, your phone was off, and then he's like your father. He says it so kind of rude, like yeah, this stroke. And she's like, oh my god, let me get my stuff together. What hospital And he's like, no, Lisa, you don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's too late. He's passed. Yeah, he might not have said too late, but like he did. He did.
Speaker 1: Yes, He's like, god, what a dick. Yeah, he's not being very sensitive.
Speaker 2: Also, we forgot we should just mention in case, in case you're literally listening to this to see what happened. Right before he comes in, she's kind of flirty with Marian and then yeah, he mentions that he's married, and she's like, she had not mentioned before you. No, it was weird. She goes, oh, oh, you're married, and he says, which is also such bad writing. Yeah, I just like to keep work and personal life separate. Who says that Nobody talks like that. Nobody says, why wouldn't you just go, yeah, I just never mentioned it, right, or it didn't come up, why would you go yeah. I like to keep it separate because for the show, Actually, what if he says for it and just like that, it is important that I have a different life that you don't know about. That's any storyline, you know what show you're on? Right, Like, you're supposed to be kind of having a crush on me and your husband's sort of jealous. So yeah, I didn't mention it before. So then when Herbert comes in, she's like, because everybody has to be a cartoon character, She's like, oh, this is my editor married, I mean, I mean Mary, And I don't know why I said that. I guess I'm just Freudian slip because I have a big crush on him. The fuck I know. I rolled my eyes so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he's so then we go to her she they're back, and she calls Charlotte to tell her like the very sad news understandably, like everyone's very upset.
Speaker 2: Well, she says, she says to him. At this she says to Herbert at this time, she oh, no, she calls Charlotte, Okay, you're right, this is the part, right.
Speaker 1: So then she gets an email while she's talking to him from Okay, so her dad had been very involved in the theater.
Speaker 2: Yes, but before that we have to say, this is where they set up. She's talking to Charlotte, and then she just starts berating herself because she's like, I put my phone on silent. I can't believe I did that night. I didn't even get to say goodbye because of my work. She literally says, because of work. Because of work, I couldn't say goodbye.
Speaker 1: Right right, And then she gets in, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well I was just going to say that, Charlotte is like, no work that your father wanted you to be doing. He was proud of you for working. At least she has the sense to say that to her, because she's going to be it's all. The rest of Lisa's story is going to be about what a bad person she is for putting her phone on silent. I just can't with this fucking writing. Do we need to take a I take a break?
Speaker 1: What do we need a little little time out? I'm with you, I know, I know, I know, I totally I'm with you, go ahead.
Speaker 2: She gets the email.
Speaker 1: Her dad was in the theater. So she gets an email from I guess Lucille had been her dad's girlfriend or and or slash just someone he worked closely with, like he was married to the Fiata Community theater. I actually thought the storyline was over the top, but a little bit cute. I didn't hate it. It was something different and unique that I hadn't seen before. I liked later when they had you know, they were just kind of like had uh possessiveness over.
Speaker 2: The dad, and it was kind of seen that. It was interesting the dad who already died, who was already dead, yes, who died in this season.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, sure exactly, so I mean that entire life for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to create a whole storyline about her dad dying.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's for him being in season two because he came to see something like he was in was.
Speaker 2: In season two. I told you that he came to dinner in season two. In season one, he was supposedly already dead, and you talked about the theater. Yes, but in season one she says that my dad she when her dad died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sloppy. I mean at best is the nicest way I can say. It's sloppy writing. You would think that the care the actress who plays Lisa.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do know that one of my storylines was that my dad died.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wouldn't you remember that line? I would never forget that, right, Oh that's so weird. Yeah, so she's mad that she gets an email inviting her to her own dad's funeral. I was like, relax, just mourn the man for a second. Right to the thing, and you can have your own You'll do a celebration of life at the theater, and then you can have something for family and friends with like or something or whatever you're gonna do, like doesn't matter, right, that was I was just like, all right, So then that's setting that up. Now we go back to Charlotte's which I'm just like, oh my god, Harry's yelling at the I guess the Mets. I don't know if the Yankees with the Mets. I think, who knows, Maybe it's the Yankees.
Speaker 2: And Charlotte's trying to cuddle up with him like she's some kind of like nineteen fifties housewife.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's like, I want to watch the game, but Harry, listen to me, Harry, come on, just.
Speaker 2: Move the way, just move out of the way of trying to watch the game. He loves.
Speaker 1: This is also a throwback to when they broke up when they were together and she had she was converting to Judaism, right, so that she she did do that, which was like why really half did? She got really into it, and they she'd made him like she learned to make like hola bread, you know, and she made this huge Shubat dinner, which like he wasn't even that into. He wasn't super religious, but you know how sometimes when people convert, like, oh, we kind of go overboard.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, And he came home from work and he wanted to watch the Yankees game or whatever. Let's say, I don't know which team. I really just don't know, and I wish I did whatever. So he comes back and he's just trying to watch it, and she's like, no, no, it's Sabbath. TV is off, Harry, you know, in her way, eyes all big, and he's like, yeah, we don't really, I don't really do that. I mean, I appreciate that you've learned all that, but like, we can watch that, and she keeps She's like, no, I slaved all day over the gilt filter fish. It was so over the top. And he's like really want So they broke up over it, and she's like, I converted for you.
Speaker 2: She's like, do you know what it looks like?
Speaker 1: Do you know what people look like? They look at us and they're like, oh my god, I can't believe she's with him. She said that to him and he was like wow. He's like I know people say that, but I didn't know you said that. So he left and they like, I don't remember this, yes, So I only bring it back to say that he really loves baseball. So they kept that true to the character, like he's got gan let him watch the fucking Mets game, right, And she's just like, honey, we need it. And he's like, oh, I just missed like a home run, face is loaded, or someone's whatever stole a base. But she's like, but life is so fragile.
Speaker 2: Lisa's father died first of all, it's it doesn't even know him exactly. This is a whole thing where they tried to for they put this character in Okay, they nobody, and remember that in season one and season two they forced everybody to they were all hanging out with Naya. All of a sudden, it was like, yeah, they were this new friendship. But now, and this is going to come up later and another thing that irritates me, But now they've relegated Lisa to be Charlotte's friend. Yeah, it's nobody, nobody hangs out with her, but yet you're going to see later it's suddenly like she's the best friend of all of them. It's so so strange the way that it is, the way they're writing this, and what happened to Nya?
Speaker 1: She lived in their building. They lived in the same building. I mean, I understand why Lisa and Charlotte are friends because their kids go to school together. Okay, that makes sense, but why what happened to the other entire character that lived there?
Speaker 2: Miranda lived with don't forget for a while. Oh my god, that's right.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sorry, Lisa lives Wait does Lisa live in the building? Then?
Speaker 2: Remember when they went to.
Speaker 1: The they had to go to a like a party. They wanted to have a dinner party, but they wanted to invite other people of color because they didn't want it to look like they only had white friends. Yes, I don't remember who was who, but that's right. Naya was the professor. She was the dea Mariana.
Speaker 2: She was Miranda's teacher. Okay, so they became like best friends. They lived together, yes, she moved in with her. Yeah, and they just wrote her off really yeah, never to be mentioned again. That is weird.
Speaker 1: I guess she just didn't go to that. She didn't take the class anymore. But when they still be buddies, she was, they were best friends. It became like the best of friends in the show. Didn't you have to like suffer through like Charlotte having sex, Like she couldn't go into the room, or one of them was having sex and the other one couldn't like use the bathroom.
Speaker 2: That was that was Nia was having sex with the kind of younger guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she found her, she'd got her groove back. Yes, yes, okay, yeah, anyway, well all that dumb shit happened now now.
Speaker 2: Uh so, basically Harry says to Charlotte, Hey, remember like the other night when you were being you know, like really positive, like Pollyanna, can I have her back. I want my Pollyanna back, and she's like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, now, let's get to Yeah. That was super annoying, and we then we end that scene very quickly and go to the worst scene of the episode. So, if you've been with us since the beginning of this one, just get ready. So Aiden's sitting at the computer googling for windows he's trying to find when he's obsessive. She I do not understand. Please, maybe you can explain. Harry comes in like a zombie, like she's on more than one xanax, like many xanax.
Speaker 2: And she comes in. She's wearing a nightgown. Yes, I swear to you like I do remember my grandmother wearing a very similar nightgown. And I was like, aha, I see what Cecily's been talking about. She looks a hundred.
Speaker 1: Yes, but then she says, please explain this to me. She says, I put you in a room or something like, wait, what do you can.
Speaker 2: You explain shoe now? She says, I put shoe, oh God, to bed. She's talking about her cat. She's like, I got the cat all situated.
Speaker 1: She said in a room. Because I thought she was saying like I got your room made up like it wouldn't be the same room as her.
Speaker 2: She wants to bone, got it, Got it? That makes more sense. Fully understand you understand about that. Let's let's go, let's bone, let's do this, let's have our you know. So obviously their relationship isn't even that romantic anymore. It's like nothing's happened since like now it's late at night. They've not like hatsa hang nothing, so which is going to come back? But also it's just he's just on the computer.
Speaker 1: She's obsessed because he wants to He doesn't want to have intimacy because he cheated on her. So he's like, uh oh, let's uh hey, hey, let's go to Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I think I've found some windows And I just wrote is she drunk? Because she can be.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, I don't think we mean like all the way Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: She's like, I have this event at Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, But she says it drunk isn't the right word, like zoned out on something like it makes no sense.
Speaker 2: This is not who she was.
Speaker 1: You just because you become you're in your twenties and you become in your fifties. I still kind of sound the same. I'm still the same energy, right, Like I don't I wouldn't be like, uh yeah, I can't do that. Like she's not connecting to anything that's happening and around her. I'm concerned for her. Yeah, yeah, Okay. So she's like, yeah, I have this Tiffany's event. And also they have no chemistry. Now I'm riled up. Now you can tell me to take a time out because they don't have any chemistry, and I feel like, why even why wouldn't the real carry go Oh my god, that's so ridiculous. Of course, we're not going to fucking Pennsylvania relax, right, Yeah, But she's just zombie. She's like a zombie, can't go going to Tiffany's.
Speaker 2: And he's like, well, I'm gonna stay up, Carrie, I'm gonna stay up and look for glass. Okay, he did all night. He stayed up all night, So in the all hours in the morning she wakes up. But you would also think at some point she would come back out and be like, what is going on? You came to visit me, get in bed, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, he's being and he's being really weird. He's like, I gotta find this glass carry and then yeah.
Speaker 2: Here here, I'm going to point out to you. So she wakes up in the morning, he's gone to Scranton, and it turns out she's out of thumbs again.
Speaker 1: Okay, But also I'd like to point out to you the post it note. There's a the Burger throw back, even though it wasn't him, wasn't aiden. The post it note was supposed to be a little Burger not I think he told her he'd left on a post it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but he just said he went to Scranton.
Speaker 1: I know, but I still think I mean it didn't say I can't sorry, I can't, don't hate yeah, whatever, he didn't say that she has post it notes and why I have them though, to be fair, but I am a mess. I am a mess. That is a messy life that I live. So I don't know why I have them, but I do. And there's scribbles that I can't read, and it's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, again that is interesting. I love that you picked up on that. I do feel hopefully it will come back. But I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going to come back.
Speaker 1: Trust Trust, trust girl. So then we go to Tiffany's I.
Speaker 2: Want to say yes. Charlotte and carry are walking around and Carrie's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh well, Carrie says, do you want to say it?
Speaker 2: Or should I? You go ahead? She's like, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, we haven't even made love. Oh I who A lot of my columnist talks like that, right, you haven't even made love. Also, what friend talks like that? That's your old friend, Carrie, and you're just gonna be cool with that.
Speaker 2: You're cool with it. Haven't even a good haven't even made love? God? Is she is? She supposed to be turned morphing into the character from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, maybe the woman said to her friend. You haven't made love yet, said the woman to her friend. The woman, the nameless, faceless woman from the I don't know if I mentioned eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Ill we talk about her hat again too. She's wearing this crazy like bolero hat with this very wide flat brim to walk around Tiffany h m hmm, yeah, because they're just yep, like it's the Kentucky Derby. So Charlotte is suddenly like really sad. She's getting sad about She's like, carry, everything is so fragile. Everything right again, she says this, everything's so fragile, and then she starts crying and Carrie's like, oh no, what's wrong, what's wrong? And Charlotte's like, it's Lisa's dad. He died first of all, and I know that, we know, we're we know heay, she doesn't tell her yet.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lisa's I'm sorry, that's Harry. Later, Sorry I got confused. Yeah, you're right, So it's really Harry that she's crying about.
Speaker 2: But says but she's like, Lisa's dad died, and Carrie's like, oh, no, wasn't Lisa. Lisa doesn't barely knows these people, No, I know. So now we're having a whole storyline about a side character. Really, and I understand that Lisa is supposed to be a main character now, but it's the writer's own fault for delegating her, forgiving relegating her to Charlotte's friend, and taking her out of the main group. So stop trying to force side characters grandparents or parents. It's just OK.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's annoying. It makes no sense. So then as if it couldn't get worse in that moment. Then Bitsy shows up, Oh my again, and then again, why does Charlotte keep saying that? It's like oh, She's like, yeah, I was invited to win to my spam mail. Of course I was invited. And she's like, oh, are you going to be a thing?
Speaker 2: This so other? You going to the boat party the boats and Bitsy's and boats party as well?
Speaker 1: Just look straight at the camera like aw no, like Norman Feld it yes.
Speaker 2: It is. It's becoming. Oh my god, it's Three's Company. It's Three's Company.
Speaker 1: Bitsy is very like she seems like someone that would show up on that, and they have to kind of get rid. They have to hide. I could see a Three's Company episode not to go too far off for Jack or Larry. The crazy Larry best friend is like, Jack got us, I got us a date with the Vonesque twins or whatever you know, yes, and then like they get the twins in there and they're making it and then Bitsy shows up for some reason because like it's Larry's mom, and so they're like, wait, get in here, and they have to try to hide. That's what I'm that's the vibes I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Right, the high right right? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean through his company was just constant chaos. It was never just a moment where they were just like, hey, let's watch TV together as roommates.
Speaker 2: Right, But why did I like that show so much?
Speaker 1: She all did because we love John Ritter, because he was very likable and we probably all had crushes on him. I did, probably a little bit when you were young, right, I don't so I thought he was adorable and it was just so silly, but I yeah, I don't know. It's just when I think about it now, it's like, what kind of existence was that? Like that many misunderstandings, that many lies to your landlord?
Speaker 2: Like who lives like that?
Speaker 1: Right? It's is constant and they're not even having sex. Poor Janet has to like do everything I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want to live. Ann has to have that hairstyle. Yeah, they just make their particulous.
Speaker 1: And well because she's the one with the black hair, so she's not sexy, that's right.
Speaker 2: She's like a.
Speaker 1: Mom and she's she's the one that's going to like write out the checks to pay the ropers. Sorry, sometimes we you know, we're gen X. That's what you're gonna get here. That's you'd rather you need us on the wall of this show because they who have it's boomers right in the show.
Speaker 2: M hm. Seemingly yes, that we want to be like that. So that was your favorite scene you love? Not?
Speaker 1: Actually I was going to say I didn't. I just I didn't hate the story itself. But I just was like, we don't need a full scene about it, multiple scenes. I know it's a lot, and they're being very competitive about this funeral, and they.
Speaker 2: Put their bags down, and somehow Lucille is like, hah, I guess you've got a burkin well, I and I only have a Michael Core's. I was like, you know what Michael Cores is anybody else's burkein. I feel that, like my corses costs a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna push back. I actually I'm going to say something. I actually thought this was kind of cute because Lucille was like, she's a little out of touch, and I thought she, I'm not saying you are, but she was a little like being competitive about the dad because the dad had bought her the Michael cors But you can get a Michael Cors at like Target.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's no Burkett. I think she was trying to like at TJ Max, I'm target, You're thinking of mos are you?
Speaker 1: Because I have I like Masima. I don't know what I'm I'm just saying it's not the same. I thought it was kind of cute. This was a little bit of like a slam. This was like a little bit of like rich people writing you know, yeah, that's all that.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean. I just like, we get it. She has a birth.
Speaker 1: They're also rich and have Burkens and they're different. Yeah, and she's sort of trying to keep up with the Joneses. Lucille is in a weird way, but she thinks she's doing it, which I thought was like, you know, we all know Lucille and that's fine.
Speaker 2: She's just being.
Speaker 1: The thing I didn't like about that character is she didn't really seem to have a lot of sympathy for Lisa, who had just lost her father, right, They didn't have sympathy for each other.
Speaker 2: And further's this stupid thing where she's like Lucille's like, I've been working for years and keeping his theater alive, and your father would always say, oh, don't bother Lisa with this, don't bother Lisa with that. So when it came to his funeral, I said, don't bother Lisa. Plus your phone was off, so again, you don't want everybody to bother you, right, it's just so stupid. So no one's allowed to have a job. That shit's real.
Speaker 1: I've gone through that before with my parents and their friends. I've told you that. The shit they'll say, like, I guess you're too busy to come, and we'll just take.
Speaker 2: Care of it.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of that, and that does feel real. I wish they'd sort of played more into it and less about her having a job and more about her just like not spending every waking moment like handling shit.
Speaker 2: But that is so I felt that.
Speaker 1: I know it's stupid the writing, but I felt that what they were trying to say.
Speaker 2: I think I like that, Yes, but like Lise, yeah, I get it, I get it. And this does make sets up a sort of emotional scene for later. I just wish everybody wasn't such a caricature.
Speaker 1: So yeah, then we go to Miranda and Joy and they're gonna meet Brady.
Speaker 2: They have the dogs there, so basically Joy can have her dogs everywhere at everybody at her house. They have to be with her at all times. But she's gonna act kind of bitchy about meeting Miranda's son, and her excuse is going to be, yeah, I'm just not really like a kid person. She's like, I have to tell you something before he gets here. You know how you are with dogs, kind of tentative. If that's how I am with people's children. First of all, I just again, he's not ten. I understand if he was like a little per he's a grown person. Yeah. Right, So you're basically saying I'm not good with people.
Speaker 1: With the person that you made, the human that came out of you, is probably the most important person in your life.
Speaker 2: Miranda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how I'll be. I may spit in his face. I never really know how I'm going to react.
Speaker 2: And then it kind of reminded me of how later when Miranda was like, I mean earlier, sorry, not later earlier, when Miranda was like, okay, you were kind of like weird to me all night, She's like, oh, that's because I'm I'm awkward when I'm attracted to somebody. It's just like there's always an excuse for why she's like not super nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot to like unpack with her all the time, which is yes, so Brady is this When Brady shows up and he's being very sweet, yes, and normal and talks to the dogs first and sweet, you know, I was like, oh, can I say hot?
Speaker 2: Like it was?
Speaker 1: So then she changed her mind immediately. She's like, oh, nope, he's an exception. Yeah, okay, all right, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't know why that would I. I guess you're setting up. I almost don't trust the writers to have a reason for what they're doing anymore. So I'm like, Okay, is that supposed to be like a hurdle that they had or is that setting something up?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: You never know, but you're writing not to trust them. I agree with you on that you're not trust work. There's maybe a little bit of a scene before we go back to Carrie, but I skipped it because I wanted to get back to Carrie.
Speaker 2: Basically. I mean, I can tell you what happened. It's just like Lucille and Lisa are having lunch back to them having their continuing and Lisa is like, I don't want the funeral to be too theatrical, only tasteful. Keep it tasteful. Only two speakers from the theater. And then and then I'm going to do a eulogy. And then this is the part she goes, Oh, you think you have a lot. I guess you have a lot to say for someone who couldn't even visit her daddy on the last day of his life because her work was too important and her phone was on silent. I mean, yeah, that's she says that. Yeah, yeah, I would say that.
Speaker 1: People say shit people, she's supposed to be a little crazy, obviously, like the theater person and her. But like, I cannot tell you the amount of things that people have said to me that are my parents' age.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't say your phone was on silent.
Speaker 1: Uh, they wouldn't. I mean kinda. I had someone just recently, somebody were like, you know, I won't say just somebody that knows my mom was like, yeah, here's what's going on with your mom.
Speaker 2: I mean you should know this.
Speaker 1: All the other daughters and granddaughters are here all the time, and so you know, I don't know how to get your mom to this place because other people's daughters just do it. And I was like, well, I'm fourteen hundred miles away, and they're like, well, you know that's on you people. I've told you this. Yes, like in tears they say this shit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe that that line for sure. Okay, So now we're back with Carrie and Aiden. So, uh, I just read he's such a tool. He's like, I don't know if I can fix it.
Speaker 2: Carrie. He's these doors, yes, doors into her apartment, so now there's like seven Just why didn't he get those doors? How did he get them in her place? No? I don't know. I don't know did he? And why would she want that? Why? If you're Carrie and we know that Carrie's kind of neat, so like she wanted her table clean, she doesn't keep anything on her table, why would she have this? Did true to that Carrie? Right? So why would she want Why would he think it's okay to just start littering her place with like random doors that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't but I don't understand why the doors? He was going to get windows?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Why does he bring indoors at all?
Speaker 2: I want I think he wants to see if the glass is going to match. But he's like, I don't think it could be fixed. He's like, he's freaking out. He starts freaking out to be no rainbow, Carrie, no rainbow. You know why? Because I ruined it. I ruined it, Carrie.
Speaker 1: You could fix that. There are windows, of course that you would. You probably have to pay top dollar, but like, you could fix it. There's that exists.
Speaker 2: But he ruined it. He ruined it.
Speaker 1: Cecily, yes, and so he's like, don't He's like oh. And then finally he goes, I slept with Kathy, and I'm like, okay, this is your perfect out, Carrie. He's terrible, and now he's telling you to your face how terrible he is. She does not even give a shit.
Speaker 2: She goes, what do you what do you mean? What do you mean you stuck with Kathy? He goes, well, after they report, you know, she was really upset, like we both were, you know, because Wyatt, because Wyatt who originally said he wanted to go to Paris Hilton's work camp, but then he was like, I guess I don't, and I guess we were just trying to comfort each other and it just happened. It was a mistake. We both said so, and it will never happen again, ever, ever, ever, So sorry, won't happen again.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't you doesn't she seem like she's on a heroine here. She's just like, I mean, you know, oh whatever, I mean. I didn't think it would mean we weren't going to sleep with other people. And he's like, wait what now he's mad at her.
Speaker 2: Well, he says, well, she's like, this is what happened. She goes, well, it's odd, but like I guess I understand, or maybe I'm just in shock, but I do understand how that could happen. And he's like, what, no, I betrayed you, and she goes, what do you What do you mean you betrayed me? He's like, because we agreed, we agreed to wait for each other, and then I didn't. I slept with somebody else. And then she says, which I agreed with this? She's like, well, I didn't agree to that. I just said i'd i'd be here, I'd be waiting for you. But this character doesn't make sense. Carrie.
Speaker 1: You don't I mean, you don't just get fixed like her whole thing. It would be like if it was me, okay, like you've known me a long time and I am me, it would just be like in five years if like the guy I was I guess in love with was like I slept with Kathy, and I would just be like, it's okay, man, what els I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it, guess. But she hasn't been in love with him for that long. I mean, we're the story they're trying to make. That's what they tell us that she is. Yes, they have.
Speaker 1: She's basically saying you're the one, like erasing the big even happened, like making it so that it was always you. It's always like that's what they were trying to shove down our throats this whole time. So in her mind, the way it's written is that yes, she's in love with him, but like it's a totally different person just because now she's sixty. I just don't understand, Like I just don't think you change that much. You might not be as mad or that upset as you would be in your thirties, but like she just acts she's like ben Zoe out. Yeah, I just don't like it. I maybe it's maybe it's Sarah Jesska herself. That's like taken something because I just don't She's just like, yeah, what I mean, I don't know, man, whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: By the way, it feels very like Trainspotting. By the way, I shit myself last night in the bed. I need to do laundry real quick. He's like, wait, what, Yeah, I've been taking a lot of stuff and so I just didn't mix well together anyway.
Speaker 2: You think Kathy might want to join us for breakfast? It's absurd.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make sense to the character, you know, right, it's so dumb. So now so basically, Aiden says so.
Speaker 2: Then Carrie is like, well, this is like medieval you know, I don't know. My mind is spinning right now. Then she goes, I understand you're upset, but I don't know why we're having this conversation now. And I was like, I fucking fully agree with her. Why Wow, why didn't he bring this up before? And and then he goes, well, do you want to sleep with other people? Carrie? She goes, no, I don't want to sleep with people. I want to sleep with you, okay, like right now, so like can we have sex? Which is so unbelievable. That's when that's her attitude is going to be like still, I really want to have sex with you right now, Like why are we not having sex? Like I just want to make love.
Speaker 1: He just told you he slept with somebody else, Like that's not really your wife that he sees every day. That like boyfriend Bob made very clear, like you're not going to get in between these two.
Speaker 2: Now she's suddenly acting like, oh I thought we were just like friends with benefits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now she's like, but I want to make love, and then they do, Well, we haven't yet, but they're gonna.
Speaker 2: They're gonna, okay for this general Okay, So everybody is leaving for ltw's father's funeral, and this is so ridiculous because suddenly everybody all has to come, see if Anthony has to come. Anthony is coming to Lisa's dad's funeral, and they're all like completely dressed up in black and acting like it's like this this huge event, this funeral that Lisa didn't even plan. Some other character removed that nobody knows planned this funeral for theater people, and they're all showing up and they're all going to be sitting in the front row.
Speaker 1: Right yep, yes, yes, yes, yeah yeah. He was like, I had to take you, Anthony, and seems like I had to take the train. I'm poor now you said it was easy, but these aren't shoes made for tray for the subway. This is a driver kind of shut up, get it. You're you're a little less rich than you were. Sell one of your outfits. Enough with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Aiden is coming in to the funeral, Aiden, but he doesn't have a suit.
Speaker 1: Aiden doesn't have to come. He could totally stay home for two hours and Carrie could just go by herself.
Speaker 2: He's stayed at home when she went to Tiffany or he wasn't going to come to that in the first place, but now he has to. It's imperative that Aiden, who is such a side character at this point, is coming to Lisa's dad's funeral.
Speaker 1: And doesn't have a suit, so they have to go to the They don't have the Big and Tall store was closed, so his suit's too small. Aha, he's so tall.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, Which is going to lead, which is going to lead to one of like the worst moment of ick that I've ever had in the watching this show that's going to come later. Oh my god. I oh okay, So he's he's wearing floods. He looks ridiculous, but he has to go. He has to show up.
Speaker 1: Let's you're very in by the way, not like a shorter like a shorter suit, right, but he he looks like a clown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he is a clown. I'm all mad.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because he is a clown.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, okay, So Miranda, it tells Seema, I guess appropriately at a at a funeral. He's like, yeah, I'll take the apartment. M m, I'll take it for one fifty above asking and she's like oh why and she's like, I think it'll bring me more joy, get it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Cute words cute. So that's when his pants split. He's like, oh what if he just like he had an orgasm again. Oh Carrie, he's.
Speaker 2: Like what he's hold on, hold on, I have to at least have Whyet on the phone say that, hold on, let me just get a picture of white. She's like, aiden, that's not okay, Like we need to talk about this.
Speaker 1: You might need some help. He's like ah, and she's like like He's like yeah, let's just say my pants split, but really he just unzipped him. Yeah, yeah, they split, that's right. They just they they tore apart. And she's like, you just took your penis out.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you mean my big and tall? Oh my, I can't breathe. I really get off reading with Carrie. My big do you see my big and tall? Get it? Big and Toll wants to go into your wyatt. Oh my god. And she's like, I don't love you nameing my vagina Wyatt. There's something that is really off about that. Aiden. It's like, oh great, now there's something. Oh now you're now you're like, do you want to sleep with other people?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 2: No? I just I just don't think it's appropriate.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, I don't really like you could say my kiddy, I guess.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. But I don't really love a lot of nicknames.
Speaker 1: But like naming it after your son, especially and not even Homer, not even like your good son, like your troubled son.
Speaker 2: It just feels gross. Oh okay, Carrie, you're so like high and mighty. Now that because you're living in New York City and I live on a farm, is at it why don't you go f big?
Speaker 1: She's like, oh my god, he died. Did I not tell you that? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's so sid Okay, I can't call your I can't call your vadge wyatt. Okay, I guess we're playing by your rules now. Like he's just that he hits her. She's like, that was.
Speaker 1: Hard, buddy, She says, was like that seems a little rough, buddy, And he's just shrugs. She's like, I don't even patch anymore. I don't even need that. He just slaps us in her back. Okay, So then, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I might need to take a break.
Speaker 1: Oh I couldn't help, But wonder is your boyfriend who just slept with his wife supposed to hit you on the back at a funeral?
Speaker 2: I can't help, but ask? I couldn't help, But ask is your boyfriend that I couldn't just typing?
Speaker 1: I couldn't help, But wonder is your boyfriend supposed to name your pussy after after his troubled son. Oh my god, right, the theater thing starts and it's Pippin, And which I knew before they even said. Before they all were like, is this Pippin? I love Pippin? So I was all for it. I'm in I'm in it. I would love Hey, but if when I die, and I probably will before, you, please throw me at like theater based funeral and I would love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, don't make.
Speaker 1: The whole thing Pippin, but you could open with Pippin. I'll make a list.
Speaker 2: So Lisa makes a speech after all the all the numbers Lisa's and then Lisa's speech is all about how her father was there for everybody else in this theater, but she wasn't there for him in the end because her phone was silenced. Right, do you understand she's a bad person because she silenced her phone for an hour. And then Herbert, who went up with her, steps in and he says, no, she wasn't there for him when he passed because she had her phone on silent, which obviously really bothered me because I couldn't even tell her she lost her dad, because you know, she knows that she shouldn't have her phone silence. But she's probably having sex with her married editor anyway. In the last twenty two years, though, she dragged me to every production. And then it's pretty sweet, he says.
Speaker 1: All the way she was a really nice yeah, and he got up there and helped her. And that was he's got his moments, which I like because he's not just one thing, right, He's a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Then this was this made me cry. The mom the mother in law's mother in law says, if you're not there with your loved one when they pass, it's because their spirit didn't want you there. Love. I cried on that. Oh my god, they want you to remember them the way they were not in their final hour.
Speaker 1: I also like it when somebody shows up that kind of seems mean or cold, and then they're the ones that have. And she gives her like a little pocket square, I like the little the little you know thing whatever, the hanky and she's like, rye clean only I mean I like that. I know that.
Speaker 2: She reminded me of my grandmother. Actually, I liked her laundry by hand. Yeah. I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then Carrie leave the theater together.
Speaker 2: But he's got to hide the fact that it's big and tall it might pop out.
Speaker 1: He's like he's just wank in it all the way home, Like he's like just mash mash wyatt against me.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me mash why. She's like, please stop that. I already told you I don't like that nickname. And he's like, what what nickname? Right? No? Literally, Wyatt is here here, he's in my pan. So then okay, So then so then we get more of Carrie's We get a little more of Carrie's amazing eighteen hundreds writing a horrible book with amazing with time and care, would soon be repaired because the ties found them were found them were stronger than any spun glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then god, he's gonna fucking read that. So he goes downstairs. I guess he's leaving. Oh, he's leaving, and he's like, don't get up bye, and that he's gonna hang out for a while in the kitchen, like, r we just lay in bed with her before you go. She's like, and then she does. She's like, it doesn't seem even that early in the morning. It's not like five in the morning. He's like nine, she.
Speaker 2: Could just get up. She's like, he's like, go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: She's like, okay, I mean he's getting a leaving the state, right, maybe get stand up? Like that's crazy. I've had like shitty like situation hips where you know, like like even then the guy like gets up and watks me to the door right at midnight.
Speaker 2: Right, that would be so weird.
Speaker 1: I mean this is even weirder, for like, of course she should get up and hug him goodbye. Right, No, I'm so sleepy. I'll go back to sleep because I have no job or anything. Let me go back to So he goes downstairs and as he's doing that, knock on the Duncan comes in.
Speaker 2: Knock, knock.
Speaker 1: Oh he's here, Duncan. So they're supposed to set up this kind of awkward moment where I guess Aiden's like, oh, Duncan's better looking than I thought.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, sorryble the I asked, could you leave this for Carrie the book?
Speaker 2: And then he does so. I'm not sure where that was supposed to be. I guess it's that because then he leaves the book. And then when she when she comes out, she sees to the table. They're a table. She sees that the chapter of the book the book is his chapter or whatever is on the table. So she knows that the Aiden knows that Duncan came by it, but in her mind nothing is going on. Between them.
Speaker 1: They're not even flirting, according to her right right, but they're setting something up. I hope, one can only hope. And then we're finally at the we're finally at the end. She goes to go to the store and she sees Charlotte, who's in her part of town. Now, like buying depends at Like let's say it's like a rite aid there's yeah, and so which Charlotte could buy depends anyway, This is ridiculous. You don't have to just because Harry said not to tell anything you could buy depends for yourself. You're in your late fifties. You could be needing a little something.
Speaker 2: You know, except that carry goes, why are you here holding adult male depends?
Speaker 1: Could screams that.
Speaker 2: Could this have been any more the nose? Like now, if you wrote this, I've had television writing jobs, you would be laughed out of the room if you were like, hey, how about if Carrie says, why are you holding adult male depends?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, my god, yes to teller. So she's like, Harry's cancer. And then I I did like that moment of her crying. I thought it was good acting on Kristen's part, Like that seemed like real tear.
Speaker 2: It was good. I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a moment. And then Carrie hugging her. I think that would have also been a nice moment if while they're hugging, if Charlotte was like, hey, you still owe me for that wedding ring. I gave you yes to buy your original apartment. I knew it seemed like a weird time, but you still got you got that money on you because we might need it for Harry, because I might have to quit my job. No mention to that. Carrie supposed to be like the best friend of the world, and like, you can tell me anything, can you do you care?
Speaker 2: Carrie's like, okay, well Harry has prostate cancer. And Carrie's like, oh my god, that sucks. But can I tell you something my vagina Wyatt, And then Charlotte has to go, okay, yeah, I guess I see how that's level with my husband having prostate cancer. I could see that. No, that really sucks. I'm sorry, sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Carrie, Oh my god, Okay, all right, And just like that, and I have no further information. I had gotten these early, but I did not get the next six yet, so I'm going to be watching it just just like you, just like, just like you, and just like that, I wondered, oh that's what it was. I couldn't help, but wonder should my pussy's name be Wyatt?
Speaker 2: And all right, you guys, thanks very sorry, thanks for taking this journey with us.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for taking this and we will see you soon, very.
Speaker 2: Soon, because Monday night we'll be watching Bachelor and Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yes, so next week we're back to Bachelor in Paradise. We're still covering the valley. So if you're watching that, do that. If you haven't listened to board AF, that's now on the Rose Pricks feed, which you will see. You want to listen to board AF. It's just us with no there's no boundaries. We can just talk about whatever we want us balancing craziness. We have been doing it for five years and we still haven't run out of shit.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: Yep, Patreons, do all the things, yeah if you like, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, bye bye