Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go, let's go. Good morning, Miss is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen's right right, come on.
Speaker 2: It's party baby, wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey rod Ryan show check it in. I'm bringing in my favorite guy. Yeh fyayy, wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey. Good morning, rod Ryan, show check it in on the last show of the year.
Speaker 1: Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you Specs for being on board with.
Speaker 1: Us all year long.
Speaker 2: We got beer for you straight up at six, seven, eight and nine Fresh shot in bed head to head Turnament of champions Well the last game of the year. Adam mccopp emailed me last night, emailed me about four o'clock this morning. I was up for both of them, oddly enough, taking on Killer Cody.
Speaker 1: It is the last game of the year.
Speaker 2: The two best players of twenty twenty four square off. Buzzfest tickets coming your way in home room, trans Tiberian Orchestra tickets at around seven, twenty Zoo Lights tickets in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Open phones Friday.
Speaker 2: I mean what we will get to you know, we'll try to get to as many calls as we can. You know, we do our little on air Christmas party and our gift exchange and all that stuff is coming up in the nine o'clock hour. Ten percent chance of rain sunny today, hum.
Speaker 1: Around sixty eight. We'll get to the rest of the weekend coming up right now. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Republicans are trying to come up with a new plan to avoid a government shut down at the midnight deadline, I said, they're trying to come up with a plan to avoid a government shut down.
Speaker 1: This goverment home.
Speaker 4: Look time, baby, Okay.
Speaker 3: Dozens of Republicans joined Democrats last night and voting down a revised government funding bill that included a two year suspension of the limit that was demanded by President ELEC.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 3: After the vote failed, the House Speaker Mike Johnson told reporters that Republicans would regroup and come up with another solution. Tony Busby has made a name for himself by representing representing several of the alleged victims suing Diddy for sexual abuse, and now he's being sued for sexual misconduct. So there's a Jane Doe who says Buzzby did the deed with her without disclosing that he had an STD and he admitted to her that he knew he had it beforehand.
Speaker 4: So that's what's accused.
Speaker 3: Tony Busby meanwhile not having any of it, saying that investigators from New York have called many of their firms of his firm's current and former clients, and that they are.
Speaker 4: Attempting to bribe them.
Speaker 3: He has like a portion of a transcript from a client that he says, tape the call. All Right, the most dangerous day of the month to be out on the roads is Monday, December twenty third, because there's a ton of distracted drivers out there.
Speaker 4: So people just want to remind everyone, like there's no storm.
Speaker 3: Weather could make that worse, but there are a ton of busy, distracted drivers that are out on their errands trying to wrap everything up before Christmas. People magazine released a list the greatest Christmas movie villains. It's actually topped by mister Potter and It's a Wonderful Life, and then it's followed by Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare before Christmas and then Bully Scott Farcas in a Christmas Story.
Speaker 4: The Grinch at number eight, all the way.
Speaker 1: Down at number eight because he turned around. He became a good guy at the end. And Max. Yeah Max was always good. Yeah, because he has Max, You're like, boy, can't be that bad, right, Everyone kind of relates.
Speaker 2: To the Grange, the guy that plays Potter in that original. It's a wonderful life. That's Drew Barrymore's great grandfather.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fun fact.
Speaker 3: Okay, still music day, but I want you guys to know that. Tomm Eely's wife, Britney Furlin, says she hosts a podcast and daring it. She was just saying how like she is like OCD like her is like a museum and people expect Tommy Lee to be so dirty, but she's like, besides only showering once a week, he's actually very neat. And she says he's so handsome that he doesn't give her the egg.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's head puts Tommie showers once a week. It's gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty mch She's it's a European thing.
Speaker 3: She says, he's not here, don't worry about he was born in Greece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's an LA guy. He's been here long enough. He has assimilated to what we do here. Ah love Tommy Lee. He told me back then. He told me back at the day interview, he said he loves the vacuum. I said, for real, I go, is this just like you're trying to be like one of us and goes no, for.
Speaker 1: Real, dude, for real, dude, I love I love the vacuum. I'm like, all right, I believe you.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night football, the Chargers came back to beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven. Texans dirty back in action. Tomorrow they're gonna play the Chiefs on the road. They're three and a half point underdogs coming into this game. Kickoff is at noon. You can watch it on NBC. In college football, last night, Sam Houston beat Georgia Southern thirty one to twenty six in the New Orleans Bowl. It's the first bowl win in Sam Houston history. The college ball playoff is gonna begin tonight. Number seven Notre Dame takes on tenth ranked Indiana. That'll kick off at seven. Then tomorrow we have Penn State and SMU kicking things off at eleven. At three, it's ut taking on Clemson, and at seven, Ohio State is gonna play Tennessee. You can watch all of those games on ABC and T and T and basketball Rockets got to win last night.
Speaker 1: They beat the Pelicans one thirty three to one thirteen.
Speaker 6: Jalen Green had thirty one points in the night's lead all players and scoring.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, well let's go. Let's go four hours of pain.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll take something to numb the pain in the nine o'clock hour. Not till nine, I wasn't playing.
Speaker 1: No, I see you looking at me. I wasn't even playing. People like, oh, increase, you're drinking. No, I have a lot of work. All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: You can start drinking any time. As a matter of fact, I got a case of beer for you.
Speaker 1: Case of beer.
Speaker 2: Number one coming up. That'll be our first phone call today. Last show of the year, the most interactive show.
Speaker 1: On the radio, starts right now. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: By Ryan right right, right, right right, Good morning, what what what?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hi, good morning brod Ryan's Show. Hello, Yes, what who's on the phone here, Kelly? How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: It's the last free beer Friday of the year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty excited, that's me.
Speaker 1: If it's you. If it's you, you don't know. You don't know, dude, Els wants to do torture ten with every single caller that comes in here right now?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so you might be callingnumber one. I don't know. You might have a funny drop for you know your color ten?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 1: Congrats?
Speaker 2: Oh right, all right, you said it was Tony, right, yes, all right, Tony you got the first of the last four cases for twenty twenty four thanks to our friends over at Specks.
Speaker 1: Where are you from, Tony? Par Lands Hairland? On the beer board? What's your work schedule look like? Moving forward?
Speaker 8: Work every day? Is that for Christmas? Eve and Christmas?
Speaker 1: What about New Year's Day? Are you off on that day?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I'm off on the today.
Speaker 1: Okay. What do you do?
Speaker 10: I do sales, sales, the restaurants and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, restaurants are open, dude, I get it. Is it like a Benny Keith. Is it a Cisco or is it something like that? Yeah, I have a been Betty Keith.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Okay, Well listen, Tony, have a wonderful Christmas. It sounds like you're working a lot. I hope you get a little bit of time to.
Speaker 1: Kill and chill out a little bit. This case of beer is for you, man. Thank you for listening. All right, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I appreciate the show.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, Tony. I appreciate you. A lot of people got to work. This was our last show.
Speaker 2: We spent like the last three days recording a ton of stuff.
Speaker 1: Alex, What time did you get out of here yesterday? About two? Okay, that's not too bad. That's not too bad. I mean, but kind of got four s out of my room and I had to do some other stuff. But that's other places I'm screwing around at all.
Speaker 2: That's four hours after the four hour show. You here two hours before the show. That's four hours of solid just trying to load things in. Everybody sending recordings, commercials, everything.
Speaker 6: I had to go out and I had my linkor story on yesterday and I had to find wrapping stuff for yesterday.
Speaker 1: I did not wrap any packages. My life did, but I had to get all this class all right, Well, we got a lot to do today. On the show, I'm not I don't hate the idea.
Speaker 2: Michelle Hank called Michelle former intern Michelle. She said, listen, there's a lot of people that are gonna want to say, you know something nice. Say second, get their goodbye in for Tessa. Open phones Friday. There's like what three people maybe make it in on the last Friday of the year. Yeah, I mean cause half of it's a party.
Speaker 1: Half of it we're drinking.
Speaker 8: Half of it.
Speaker 2: We're kind of telling stories and doing our thing. I wouldn't mind opening up phones maybe in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Are you crazy? I thought about it. Are you insane? Just because I think that there's not much there's nobody can get through in that in that nine o'clock hour. I don't know. I'm thinking about it. I like the I thought, Michelle, I thought that was a pretty good idea.
Speaker 2: Let's take Michelle, Let's take a look outside sunny skies today. Ten percent chance of rain hide today of around sixty eight Tomorrow, sunny, sixty Sunday, mostly cloudy, highs of around sixty five, so low chances of rain, so it's not a wash out.
Speaker 1: This weekend. You got some outdoor activities.
Speaker 2: What about this matchup the fresh up bet Head? You had Tournament of Champions, last game of the year. Planet Fitness sponsored all year long, giving me a thousand dollars when your membership and some Planet Fitness some wag Adam the Cop and Killer Cody. What time didn't Adam? Adam emailed me last night had to be about eight eight to thirty. Why was I on my computer at eight eight thirty? I don't know, because I'm a psycho. And then he emailed me again at like four o'clock this morning. The one they call Tim emails in I don't care where I'm at on the road, I'm pulling over to listen to this game.
Speaker 1: Both players have been on fire.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. The one they call Tim. Yeah, Tim loves this game. Tim loves this game. Tim's been in this crazy game for a long long time. I think it's going to be awesome. Anybody want to make a prediction?
Speaker 1: Prediction? Nobody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's been very quiet about predictions in this tournament. Anybody want to say anything about who is going to.
Speaker 1: Win this thing?
Speaker 4: Just let a play out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody.
Speaker 6: I don't make anybody mad and pick against it. Do you have a prediction, Yeah, prediction boy. I think both players have been awesome.
Speaker 1: I think Adam was so amped up to play the goat. I'm questioning what's in the tank. I'm questioning what's in the tank? What do you email you last night?
Speaker 4: Private?
Speaker 2: No, let me look because I have to look at what I sent him.
Speaker 1: Do do do? Adam? Seven o'clock? Are we sure today.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the championship game? You mean to tell me? I gotta do that again tomorrow. L L breathe, breathe, cool, calm, collected, fast, finally taking it all.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Good questions please.
Speaker 4: He's I mean, he's still asking. Okay, you're in the.
Speaker 1: Champ dude, it's an animal.
Speaker 4: I think your question would be pretty great.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be I think it's gonna be an awesome game. All right, let me take a short break. Let me come back in a rec check for you.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game that we've been waiting for all year.
Speaker 1: Inspired by the true story of Bob Dylan, Bobby, Who do you want to be? Where they want to be? A complete unknown Homely Peter's Christmas Day? Hey four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're getting things set up here for the final game of the year.
Speaker 1: Freshout of Man hits your head.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, nothing over today, Tomorrow, Sunday. That's your weekend, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, sunny high of sixty eight, about fifty out there right now, Tessa, what's trending?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the number one search on Google is Guy Gardner, who is the Green Lantern. He's a superhero that everyone saw in the Superman trailer which just dropped. So the Superman trailer making the rounds. Everyone's just kind of commenting on it. But yeah, the thing that everyone pulled away from it was the amount of characters that were being introduced to, so like Green Lantern. I think hot Girl is in there. Yeah, So Superman trailer number one trend on Google. Another thing that's trending is a really is a super rare NFL play? There was a free kick for three points, and I guess a free kick is when that's another thing that people are googling. So this free kick for three points, Alex, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 4: You can you can at.
Speaker 6: The end of the half you either get an untimed down or you can do a like a free kick.
Speaker 3: If a player on the other team calls a fair catch and.
Speaker 4: It's in a position where you can maybe kick a field goal.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's worth three points, and I believe camera Dicker hit it for fifty seven yards for the Charger.
Speaker 4: It's the first free.
Speaker 3: Kick field goal since nineteen seventy six, which were pretty.
Speaker 1: Interesting also by the Charger.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, also by the Chargers. Good stuff.
Speaker 3: And then a big lot stort is closing is a top search. I guess big lots will start holding going out of business sales at the remaining locations, according to a Fox Business.
Speaker 4: So those are the things that are trending.
Speaker 3: On eighty four five, the buds all right, we're ready to go here?
Speaker 1: We sure?
Speaker 11: Are we ready to go off?
Speaker 4: Almost so ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a mate, let me ask you the wrong. Are we ready to go here? Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Who's playing today?
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's Killer Tody punching his ticket to the last game of the year, and this first time Hall of famers said it to be the best, you have to beat the best.
Speaker 1: So you know who I'm looking forward to on Friday. Either way, it's the year the first time or baby, and this killer is gonna take it all.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, he showed no respect to Adam the Cock, said he wanted the goat in this game.
Speaker 1: Adam the Cop took him out and everybody, this.
Speaker 12: Is Adam the Cop.
Speaker 10: That's right, Adam the Cop.
Speaker 1: But did be into the final game of the year. That's taking out got the coat? That's the shot.
Speaker 8: That's what I just did.
Speaker 1: I hope you hurt that, Cody, because I'm.
Speaker 12: Coming for you.
Speaker 10: May join us tomorrow Saturday for the last show of the year.
Speaker 9: Last game of the year, last of tensis.
Speaker 10: Questions were Gudy done and I'm winning it all?
Speaker 8: Bitches?
Speaker 1: Did he talk that beast? I cut out some silence in all right, I'm like, wow, I don't remember. I mean, I know he was amped up after that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, can he keep that momentum going? Does he have any left in the tank after that game? Did he play his best game yesterday? Both guys have to play their absolute best game. In three and a half minutes, we will crown or we will find out who's going to be the year long champion.
Speaker 11: You were listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, I got some nice up to Papa Roach to get into the game. Good morning.
Speaker 2: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Welcome aboard Free Beer Friday. One case of beer down, three.
Speaker 1: More to go.
Speaker 2: Specs, thank you so much for being a great sponsor of Free Beer Friday all year.
Speaker 1: I understand that they're coming back next year, so that is great news. Did to have them on board.
Speaker 2: Can't do these things without having just unbelievable sponsors, you know, so beer straight up at seven, eight and nine. Not sure what we're gonna do if we're gonna morph into open phones a little early today.
Speaker 1: I just said, we're not sure, do it right? I'm sorry? Did you have a meeting that I.
Speaker 4: Wasn't in the union? Overalls?
Speaker 2: Okay, Sunny's guys today, ten percent chance of rain hive sixty eight.
Speaker 1: What do you guys want to do? Play a damn game. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 11: Listeners to your corners, then.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: First time Hall of Famer, he said he's going to be a killer in the tournament. Not everybody that says it shows it. He said it, and he's done it ever since. He took out Sean back to back Seawan's. He took out Sean, then he took out Sean Connery, then he took out the Birdman.
Speaker 1: I mean, just destroying people.
Speaker 2: It was a wake of dead behind Cody Killer Cody, good morning, how are you today?
Speaker 1: I am doing wonderful. Okay, I'm ready to add one more to the pile, one more. I try to get people to go with that whole Killers thing, and you really took it and ran with it.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: It's been fun. I think there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people that are enjoying, like a first timer, first time Hall of Famer making it to the last game. Seeing that you look at some of those huge names that have been in the tournament. Oh, you're taking on a huge name, Adam the Cop.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, brother, Rode. Big year for you, Bro, big year for you. In the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody usually want to be worst players in the tournament. But I'm telling you you had the roughest ride to get here.
Speaker 1: You are road tough for sure.
Speaker 2: The people that you had to beat Sammy see you took on White Rodney, then Abby and then the Goat. Earlier this week, I was questioning if you if you just used up everything you had to beat the Goat, questioning if you have anything left for this last.
Speaker 12: Game We're about to find out. I know Cody's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: You think great.
Speaker 8: All year, all.
Speaker 9: Five of his games to get in the Hall of Fame was a killer.
Speaker 13: I mean, he was unstoppable.
Speaker 14: He I was like, he killed Abby in his first game.
Speaker 9: I was like, what is this guy doing?
Speaker 14: Like this guy killing Mavy and just one after another after another, just on fire.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this guy's gonna be a threat in the tournament and keep here at the final.
Speaker 2: Wow, he knows what he did during the year. He's been doing the scouting report. Okay, he's watched the film, he's listened.
Speaker 1: To the tape.
Speaker 2: Okay, boys, listen, It's been an awesome year. I want to thank Planet Fitness for coming on board and being our great sponsor this year. Thank you to everybody that has played this year. We just need to do it. We had a little bit of everything in this tournament this year. Guys in the studio, please you're listening for Cody. You're listening for Adam. Adam has been cutting in with Adam. I don't even know what he says when he says his name. It's the fastest Adam I've ever heard. Yeah, so it's fast, Cody Adam, good luck. Question number one, what do you need to cut wrapping paper?
Speaker 1: Adam? Adam scissors and also beats paper in row sham bow. Correct answer. Adam got him first.
Speaker 9: Cody was load.
Speaker 1: It was quick, it was close. Adam got through first.
Speaker 2: Question number two Cody Adam. What object in space? Totally Cody Son No, Adam the cop What object in space? Twinkle twinkles? According to a nursery rhyme, little star.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 9: Great game, but I got to give it.
Speaker 1: You got caught speeding by the cop.
Speaker 2: Come on, wow, Cody being behind on that first question, you knew you had to jump in early on the second one.
Speaker 1: That's how you had to play the game.
Speaker 2: You just didn't have enough. You just didn't have enough question there. I don't know if the word twinkle. If the word twinkle was in there, I think you would have got it. I really do. I just I think I got out the tea in the first twinkle. It just wasn't enough. Son was a great guess.
Speaker 1: Some was a great guest. Dude, you played great all year long. Man, Thank you, ro thank you, thank you. Dude. You are a killer.
Speaker 8: Come back next year.
Speaker 1: Out of the top finally, five time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 14: Five time, five times of full brutal times in the tournament.
Speaker 1: I've probably got a dude beating the goat to get here. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think that's what kept me up all night tonight.
Speaker 1: I emailed you at four. I've been up since two, same like, how do you beat the goat? And you can't drop them?
Speaker 10: You can't drop the ball against Cody, but he's been on fire, and I'm like, it's another game.
Speaker 8: It's another game. It's another game.
Speaker 1: Four hours later, we're like finally calling me, like, come on.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everyone that has played this year. It's been so fun. You just scored yourself one thousand dollars cash in a year membership with all the swag from Planet Fitness.
Speaker 1: Dude, congratulations man, great run, great run, Thank you guys, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you get in the Hall of Fame on your first time this year? You got through and you made it five? Or did it take a couple of times? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It took it took my second came my very first game.
Speaker 13: I played Ron Connery and Beetle and.
Speaker 15: I just struck the ball against big Louong games too to get my.
Speaker 8: Very first ever one pump chump.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then it lit.
Speaker 8: The street for the longest streak, the one pump chump.
Speaker 9: So I think we had what like fourteen in a row.
Speaker 16: Was something much, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, it was wrong.
Speaker 2: That's why we didn't have as many Hall of Famers because of all the it with the year of the one pump chumps for sure, for sure, dude. Definitely congratulations Adam, well done.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to hear the victory speech.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the money, enjoy the working out, dude, stay safe out there.
Speaker 1: You're the best player of the year.
Speaker 15: Or we'll do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, Adam A coop everyone. It wasn't an easy run, that's for sure. We'll hear his victory speech next.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, three doors down.
Speaker 2: When I'm gone free beer Friday, we'll have another case of beer coming up.
Speaker 1: Straight up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: We got ourselves a brand new twenty twenty four year long champion, a fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed head to head chalt Ange.
Speaker 11: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: And as always, he just goes it alone.
Speaker 13: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: Listen, Adam, take this slf to top.
Speaker 1: And I'm here, fresh.
Speaker 10: Out of bed, heads ahead, twenty twenty four champions.
Speaker 2: It took along.
Speaker 1: It took a long way to get here. Five pounds in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: I'm finally winning a game in the tournament and I take it over for the first time. Coming back next year, twenty twenty five, and you're gonna have your first ever back to beck two time champion. That's right, Corey, are your two times, but I'm coming in first time back to back.
Speaker 1: Watch out for me next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I told him, I said, I can't give you lines.
Speaker 2: You have to do it yourself. I might make them, everybody do them. I might make everybody do their own victory speeches. No, Abby would hate that. Abby will not go for that.
Speaker 1: She hates. She hates when I give her lines.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations man, thank you once again to our friends over at Planet Fitness for another great year. I don't know who's coming back to sponsor, but you know what, I'm inviting Planet Fitness. I'd love for you to come back and sponsor again. He's gonna love that year membership in the one thousand dollars cash. All right, guys, we have other things we got to do today.
Speaker 1: Fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in everybody.
Speaker 11: It's the fuck to.
Speaker 5: The day.
Speaker 2: And bold prediction by Adam. It's gonna win the whole thing next year.
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, okay, there's a couple of guys that have won it before twice, but nobody's ever wanted two times.
Speaker 5: Back to back.
Speaker 1: It's a tall order. Yo, hol Yo Rodney, good morning, the other white Ridney, the other white Rodney. Yeah yeah, the other white meat.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hostess.
Speaker 2: They made potato chips with orange, cherry and grape flavors in the nineteen seventies. It's a good chance you never saw them they unleashed them to those Canadians and uh and they failed miserably.
Speaker 1: I can see why. I don't want sweetness mixed in with my chips. Okay, if you want to put a little sweetness on nuts, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't want sweetness on my chips. I just don't I want them. I don't want to want sweet I don't like. Yeah, of course I want sweetness on my nuts. That's bad, but I don't want any. I don't want candy and chips mixed together. I like the separation there, love chips. The Twelve Days of Chris Miss starts on Christmas Day, ends on January five, that is fo.
Speaker 1: Who thought it was the days leading up to Christmas? I did too, Hell, I thought so. Yeah, starts on Christmas, so you get the wow first partridge in a pear tree. You get that for the first day. Yeah, you know it. Three French hens.
Speaker 2: Finally, before he sings the whole thing, unless you want to sing the whole thing, please go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the guy almost started singing a little singing for you later on the show. Really okay, wow, wow, glad. I woke up this morning.
Speaker 2: The first ever text message was sent on December third, nineteen ninety two, the message Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's neat my first text text message ever when I moved here two thousand and four. It's the fuck that's in the day. We make you look smart in fun of your buddies.
Speaker 11: It's the Fuck's the day?
Speaker 1: Whatever no ki I was using back in the day.
Speaker 2: It had some little mailbox looking thing, a little envelope.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what it was. I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was on there for about a month. Somebody had sent me a text message.
Speaker 1: All right, he'll get back to you. Sorry. I don't know what texting is. What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets to buzz Best. I made twenty fourth with the Civilian Tabelle Marylyn manson Block Too.
Speaker 4: Where pod Evan's blue and sleep theory.
Speaker 1: It's your fun.
Speaker 2: What what candies got their name from? The German word fefferments seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Dude, you should sing that. One should sing that next year it's no time for rock up. Wait you stuck out? Oh that would be great. What you got over that it would be awesome. This is just trying to get him the same, all right, what do you got? It was a mixed down Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 17: The die was up fifteen points to four forty two thousand, three hundred and forty two NASDAK down twenty to nineteen thousand, three hundred and seventy two bench mark ten year Treasury. It's trading at a four point five four percent and oil stance at sixty eight dollars fifty four cents of barrel to the most actives the big studs Boeing, Amex and IBM, the big duds, Home Depot, United Health and Chevron. On the economic calendar this morning will get numbers on personal income also spending for November. Right now, futures who are not looking good are on the downside. Come on, Les's turn this baby around. That's it matter. This is Highland Menature Director with Ryan James Putty for the Rod Round Show from Ramy James on Sam Felipe and Augusta and Dot Forget toys, Rock out your stockout.
Speaker 18: Faman's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associate of Zancomember nyt as, IBC I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 5: We'll continue.
Speaker 18: This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Honey.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five The buzz Welcome back, rod Ryan, show your Brian.
Speaker 1: You there, yeah, hy, Brian, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: These candies got their name for the German word ffer mints.
Speaker 1: What is the candies we're talking about? I'm thinking heppermint, Dude. I don't have time for this. Are you kidding me? You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be later right now, Edward, Edward, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: These candies got their name for the German word feffer mints, penz pens.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Oh god, I'm so late, rod so greef.
Speaker 1: Hey you compare tickets to Buzzfest.
Speaker 4: Thank you met me with you, dude. I'm going to miss you.
Speaker 1: I love you. Congratulations Bro, and Brian. You too Merry Christmas. I yes, Jesus Christ. Ten percent chance of range sunny high of sixty eight today. I'm thinking I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: It's time for Houston's headlines. Please, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Republicans are trying to come up with a new plan.
Speaker 3: To avoid a government shutdown at the midnight deadline. Okay, so we'll be talking about that this morning. Also, Tony Busby has made a name for himself by representing several of the alleged victims suing Diddy. But now an unidentified Jame Doe says Busby did the deed with her while he knew he had NSTD. Well, Tony Busby is not having any of these accusations. He says investigators New York and New York are committing crimes in order to tape phone calls and record their conversations to kind of catch them in a bind.
Speaker 1: A huge holiday poll.
Speaker 3: Looked at the various activities we've got planned this month. Here's what Americans are doing for the holidays. Eighty six percent of us will celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or another winter holiday. Eighty seven percent of people will be putting up some sort of decorations, Seventy five percent will listen to Christmas music, and they'll also watch at least one holiday movie. This year, seventy percent of people planned to go look at lights. Nicki Glazer is more than just a casual Taylor Swift fan. She went to twenty two of Taylor's Era's tour shows and spent close to one hundred grand on travel expenses and tickets.
Speaker 4: She justifies the spending because she doesn't have kids. She's also sober.
Speaker 3: People are like, you know, when I go to Taylor Swift shows, people are like, how dare you spend that money? But She's like, I don't have kids. I've spent this on me.
Speaker 1: What's the problem.
Speaker 4: What's the problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's giving her a hard time?
Speaker 3: People say it's like over indulging that that she's flaunting her wealth.
Speaker 4: People online kind of go after her.
Speaker 1: U just roast them, NICKI just roast them. You're the best at that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A report from Business Insider titled how rich Musicians build American taxpayers for luxury hotels, shopping sprees, and million dollar bonuses has some familiar names in it, among acts like Lil Wayne and Chris Brown. The report looks at pandemic relief spending by Alison Chains and Shine Down. According to the report, the three members of Allison Chains got grant money. Singer guitarist Jerry Cantrell received one point four million in twenty twenty two, The drummer got the same amount, and the bat and the bass player received six hundred and eighty two k Shinedown reportedly got a total of eight point three million. This probably isn't the last role here of this story. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got over.
Speaker 6: There On Thursday night football, The Chargers came back to beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven.
Speaker 1: The Texans are gonna be back in action tomorrow.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play the Chiefs on the road. Kickoff for that game is at noon. You can watch it on NBC. In college football, last night, Sam Houston beat Georgia Southern thirty one to twenty six in the New Orleans Bowl. College football playoff is going to begin tonight with number seven Notre Dame taking on ten thranked Indiana.
Speaker 1: That'll kick off at seven.
Speaker 6: Then tomorrow at eleven, Penn State's gonna host SMU. At three, UT takes on Clemson and at seven, Ohio State plays Tennessee. You can watch all of those games on ABC and T and T. And in basketball, Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Pelicans one thirty three to one thirteen. Jalen Green had thirty one points and the night to lead all players and scoring.
Speaker 1: That is that's going on in sports. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Another case of beer coming your way. Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets next hour.
Speaker 1: Come on the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The bus Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. And right were Bam Friday, and right were Bam Friday and right free bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Alright, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who's this? This is Dallas, Dallas your caller number ten. Oh free beer Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friend, you got the second case of beer today thanks to our friend Specs on board.
Speaker 1: With us again with another huge year.
Speaker 2: I've heard some chirps in the hallway that they're coming back next year. So that's good to keep free beer Friday going. So I was told that that first week is locked in, so we're doing free beer Friday next year. But Dallas, congratulations, you got all that matters is you got the second case today, the second of the last four cases of the year.
Speaker 1: Dude, so special. Where are you from ste Okay, dude, what's your work schedule like? Looking forward? You're up working today?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 1: And then uh you work in next week, Christmas week and then New Year's week. What you got going on? Uh?
Speaker 8: I just hang out with the family on New Year's but I'm pretty booked up until Christmas.
Speaker 1: With words, this guy's working. This guy's working. Mad all right, bro, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Dallas, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 15: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Man, very Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dallas, thank you so much for that. I appreciate you. Chilli, you will take care of you. The last time I looked was the last show of the year.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it says bust my balls on my forehead?
Speaker 1: Did I write that on there?
Speaker 4: Does it say it's in clear ink?
Speaker 1: Does it say.
Speaker 2: Break Is there somewhere around here that says break balls?
Speaker 1: I don't mind it coming in during the year. Okay, that guy in the Fun Fact Flashback, I can't even look past that.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the people that are digging their heels in that stars are the sun is a star?
Speaker 19: Come?
Speaker 2: Did you not hear the second half of the question in the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions?
Speaker 8: Do you have that?
Speaker 1: Or did you chuck it already?
Speaker 4: I know I have it right here.
Speaker 2: You on it, so read it, read it, and I'm going to be Adam the cop.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Wait, what object in space? Twinkle?
Speaker 20: Adam? Yes, Oh, I'm sorry, Cody. Cody got in and he said he got in and he said the sun. Yeah, And I said, no, you got caught speeding.
Speaker 1: Not say the whole question.
Speaker 4: Question for Adam?
Speaker 1: What objects in space? Twinkle?
Speaker 4: Twinkles? According to a nursery rhyme?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What nursery rhyme? Have you ever said to a kid or sung to them Twinkle twinkle little Sun?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wonder how?
Speaker 6: I wonder if if you're fun not a scientist, but I do believe that that's not how the song goes.
Speaker 3: That's literally why I put the end of the question if it was.
Speaker 2: If it was one, I would let it go. But then something about Kenny Davis today. Bro, The question was what in space? Son equal star? It's the same thing I would have. This is Kenny on the Kenny on the Kenny Davis Show.
Speaker 1: Uh, I would have given it to him. Tell me the son isn't a twinkle twinkle little star. Son equal star? Therefore son equal star.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: If we did every question like that, you read a library, never get it right.
Speaker 1: Like everything's a technicality.
Speaker 2: Is no nursery rhyme talking about a twinkle twinkle little son.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should write it, Kenny, you're so obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: I'm picking on Kenny. I got to all four other ones about the name. It's also got stars and co. There's four other jokers in here that just want me to know that. You do know that the sun the stars are like the sun. They're the same this sun as a start. Yes, thank you, we knew that. That's sorry, guys, it's the last show. Please, no breaking balls, no extra breaking balls today to my last show.
Speaker 4: Let's go out hard.
Speaker 1: Do not bust balls. No busting of the balls when it happens during the year. The last show. You're going to break my balls? Hell of away, go out do it do better?
Speaker 3: At five?
Speaker 1: I gotta take a break. All of that for what?
Speaker 5: For what?
Speaker 1: Now we're up against the break sadness. Alex got a little something that he said he wanted to I just do something together that's coming up. Yeah, okay, this test is last day.
Speaker 6: I was like, you know what, we've been friends for five years now, up the little little something together for wow.
Speaker 2: And then you hinted earlier today in homeroom that you might sing.
Speaker 1: It might be maybe it's a song, a geez song. Oh boy, okay, maybe it is. I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got a break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna do a wreck check. We're gonna find out what's trending. We're gonna give you his train in Siberia and orchestra.
Speaker 1: Tickets, and then we'll see what. Uh let me see. Let me see your short sleeve of long sleeves on. I got long sleeves, are pulled them off? What is up those sleeves? What is up those sleeves?
Speaker 21: Rock Houston's al Senative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five of us Good Morning brought Ryan's Show three Beer Friday two cases down another the one straight up at eight, straight up at nine, open phone, like this kind of Rod Ryan Show Christmas Party on the air, which is kind of evolved.
Speaker 1: Over the years. That's all coming up. Last show of the year.
Speaker 2: Sunny sky today, ten percent chance of rain, hides of around sixty eight nothing over a ten percent chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sunny tomorrow, mostly cloudy. What are we looking at? Mid sixties? Come on, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you guys see that there was a kangaroo in the Sealy area loose, was on the loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like when voodoo somebody leaves the gate open.
Speaker 1: One of those pesky kids could be my own.
Speaker 3: So apparently someone has a three year old kangaroo named Rowdy and he pushed the gate open of his pen and he escaped around four fifteen in the morning.
Speaker 1: An early morning commute caught Rowdy.
Speaker 3: On her dash cam and it was just, you know, jumping as a kangaroo does down the road. Yeah, people are searching for Rowdy. If you have information on look bit is kangaroo right there. If you have information on this kangaroo, please please called the Austin County Sheriffes.
Speaker 2: Are kangaroos morning people? Are they active in the morning or are they more like nocturtle?
Speaker 1: Good morning, marsupial? Are they? You don't know? Why am I asking you? Why are you chiming in? You don't know?
Speaker 6: I know everything is they know about kangaroos angos as I call them.
Speaker 3: Like animals. They don't want to be like kept as pets like that, like weld animals like some of them do. They're gonna just try to escape. Okay, what else? The Hawk to a Girl hasn't released a new episode of her weekly podcast.
Speaker 6: She talked to us.
Speaker 1: She's at like she's my no post nothing.
Speaker 4: So she released that meme coin. People bought it.
Speaker 3: I mean people bought it and then they lost a lot of money.
Speaker 1: She's pretty active on social media.
Speaker 6: It was on one of those spaces there's ex spaces, uh huh, and.
Speaker 1: It was about the mean cooin things. We were talking about it and she didn't say anything, and then came in and was like, all right, y'all, I'm really tired. I'm gonna go to bed now.
Speaker 6: And think no one's heard about her or anything from her. Since then, a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, two weeks that was her last goodvice, so she may still be asleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what else.
Speaker 4: Everyone's putting off? Fan Friday and the end of the year top ten? Oh features?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, wait, Jai you got top tens? Hey, guys, what do you got going on? Dude?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Really, how you doing? I'm doing now? That sounded like an offer. How you doing? Yeah? Some drinks? Hey, what do you got? What do you got special? I know you've been doing a lot of work and it's the end of the year, and then I'm just I didn't even think about it. But do the twins have their end of the year list? Tell me what's happening working on it right now?
Speaker 13: What we have is all the links and guests you sent me this morning, Plus we got the end of the year top ten, Mills, Tattoos, Wild Call, Wednesdays, Thankstagrams, and Fanny Friday.
Speaker 1: Really yeah they're up there. Wow. So the only thing that.
Speaker 13: I'm working on right now is Alex's top ten and my top ten.
Speaker 2: Boy, if we do so much work, it would be so much cooler if our company cared about our website anymore.
Speaker 1: Fanny Friday is.
Speaker 2: Number one, Top ten MILFs number two today, Top ten Fannies on the years number three. So this is your interest level MILFs, fannies wild card.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I'm interesting. So yeah, this is the the features, the top ten features that got the most hits on the year.
Speaker 2: Now, while we are off, we're going to count down each and every morning, so there's new content during the time that we're off. We're gonna count down the top ten overall Monday through Friday.
Speaker 13: So that's going to be all of them mixed together. Whoever got the most clicks will be.
Speaker 1: Number one, and on and on and on. You know, Chili working to the end.
Speaker 13: I mean, you know, sometimes you just gotta sacrifice yourself.
Speaker 1: It's a grinder. I got that. A grinder. Okay, yeah, that's a grinder. Well, whoa, whoa, whoa, it's a grinder. That's good, Blue Cheo, that's good. It was a compliment, all right, what do you give it away? Right now?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to the Transiverian Orchestra The Lost Christmas Eve, who are going down December twenty sixth and hang out a sear.
Speaker 1: Well, while you're calling so interesting, we are going to be off for the next two weeks. You're not gonna know it.
Speaker 2: We recorded so much stuff you to think we're here. Some guy emailed and I sent it to the Wizard. He's like, dude, that's seven twenty seven thirty. I'm gonna need to jump around still while you guys aren't here. Wizard said, I'll make it happen.
Speaker 1: I'll make it happen. We're gonna jump around at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: It's ninety four to five to the Buzz, all right, ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning brought.
Speaker 2: Ryan's Show some wacky new tradition that kind of started this year.
Speaker 1: We seem to be jumping around every Friday on the show, and I'm here for it. I love it, man. I hope we keep that going in twenty twenty five. I hope you're enjoying it. Good morning everyone, Hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Sun's coming out, ten percent chance of rain, sunny Hive around sixty eight, Alex says something, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You have something that you want to do? Can I give away these tickets first? Absolutely, it's your shot. Well there you want, it's our show, your show, It's our show, our show. How many years you've been on it now? Nine? It's a long time name. You get some kind of percentage. I think of that. Good Morning, rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: Good how you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: This is Kelly Martinez.
Speaker 1: Kelly your caller number ten?
Speaker 9: All right, man, I get to do tesday. Well, actually get to do three things. I'm jumping around in the car. Yes, get to wish you guys a happy holiday. And I give last last thing is I wish Tessa a great new start.
Speaker 1: On her new New Year as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Would you give them some tickets for sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Here, take these tickets, go to the Transhibruary Orchestra, the Lost Christmas Eve Tour, and have so much fun to Toyota Center.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks guys, you guys have a great holiday.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas to you. Kelly, have a great time.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're good with this because that's on the twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: I think it's the day after Christmas. The day after Christmas, all right, Kelly.
Speaker 9: And that's that's my wife and my wife and I anniversaries.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: You get married, you got you got married or engaged on the day after Christmas. Your anniversary is that you're married. Your wedding was remarried.
Speaker 8: Wow, the day after Christmas got remarried.
Speaker 1: Wow, wild stuff.
Speaker 19: Dude.
Speaker 1: All right, Kelly, you have a great time. That's a great anniversary gift. Hang on for me, Merry Christmas? All right? What okay? What do you want me to do it now?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Something?
Speaker 6: So you said you had something like that, like, I just want to like to sing before I before I leave.
Speaker 1: That's the one question she's given me.
Speaker 6: You did say you know that there's nothing in life that I would like more than to make my friend testa happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't really stand with a straight face, but I like making my friend testa happy. So I sort of did something like that.
Speaker 2: I have known you way longer, right, and I ask you to sing daily on this show.
Speaker 1: You're not like quitting. I gotta leave to get a song? Yeah, your last day, Yes, a song. Everyone gets a song at the door. So this is a little something that I put together in the sile.
Speaker 2: On a scale of one to ten, you're gonna hate it? How much am I gonna hate it?
Speaker 4: Gonna?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's wizard? Let's do. Who cares what I think? Wizard hates everything song. Wizard did his song thing, so he can't really talk.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, Alex, you always just go the extra mile to make me happy.
Speaker 1: This is a little something I made for my good friend Tessa. I was scared, oh boy in three in two in one. It was early morning.
Speaker 22: Yesterday, I was up before the dawn, and I really have enjoyed my stay you.
Speaker 2: I'm shaking my head, Tessa.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see you're a good singer, even when you're trying to be good Baptista goodas what'd you think? I loved it?
Speaker 14: So I was.
Speaker 1: I loved it. That was beautiful. There's a piece of me he that thinks, Okay, the kid's gonna do something here.
Speaker 4: Thing really fabulous.
Speaker 2: And I've heard him sing because I haven't the clips, and I might.
Speaker 1: I might decide to play those today. I would like that, Rod. I would like that Rod. Did anybody did you think that was him for a second? Is this from the Officers?
Speaker 2: It's okay, so number one is from the office, So anybody who watches the Office knows exactly what this is.
Speaker 1: So me not watching the Office, I'm like, is that him with some kind of processing on his voice? Let me let me hang on.
Speaker 5: It was early.
Speaker 1: Morning yesterday, I was up before the Did you think for a second that was him singing? Now you knew, you know this episode of the Office.
Speaker 4: Now there there he is.
Speaker 1: That's why I come in. I don't know what's you and what's them? Now it's kind of the media.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what's him, Like, that's him? There it is again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 3: Now you know.
Speaker 19: That.
Speaker 1: I really finished strong? Yeah, just play the ending, just let it good.
Speaker 5: Good tis.
Speaker 1: A waste of talent all for you.
Speaker 4: What a waste of your beautiful voice. You still have time to sing?
Speaker 1: I was what I just did.
Speaker 4: That's how you still have time to really sing?
Speaker 1: How you get it's beautiful?
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you, I thank you. Okay, that's time.
Speaker 1: Hey, my last show. You don't have to sing for me. Okay, bro, you're off the house. Kinda The Right Right show celebrating twenty years ninety.
Speaker 2: Four, five of The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. It's Lincoln Park, the Emptiness Machine. Alex and I were both asked yesterday by Mike, who works here in production.
Speaker 1: He said, what's the biggest song of the year. Rod. We both looked at each other. We said, I don't know. It's gotta be that.
Speaker 2: The biggest rock song in the biggest rock song, biggest rock alternative song of the year. We said it was the biggest story of the year, Lincoln Park getting back together.
Speaker 1: I did think about it afterwards.
Speaker 6: Dab grel on Lincoln Park off the top of our heads were like the first two things that came up, and I was like, that has to be the top two.
Speaker 1: You'd think two big stories.
Speaker 2: But he was very specific and he was asking about, you know, what is the biggest song.
Speaker 1: You know, that Hosier song Too Sweet was huge.
Speaker 2: It really wasn't an alternative song for us. And I can tell you I do think that is the best.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest right up there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're ever gonna get it in the morning, that new Smashing Pumpkins song and say, but I don't remember how to say it. You did it as a news story, but I think it's pronounced weirdly. This might be the best song of the year, Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 5: You're quay.
Speaker 2: Down last time we did the world premiere of it, and then it was like, you know, sometimes that happens. We do the world premiere, like you know, we fluff it up and then they leave us and they've never come back.
Speaker 1: It happens a lot. You know, It's okay, this is one of those ones that you know, I I enjoyed, you know, fluffing it and getting it ready to go for everybody else on the station. I did it just going away for him. Yeah, I would have liked a second date with this song. I forgot about that is a good one. Definitely a good one.
Speaker 2: Just a quick little rank or Best Alternative Songs with twenty twenty four. I like that ranker website too sweet Hozier twenty one, pilots overcompensate, Capricorn, Vampire Weekend.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be that kind of stuff. Saint Vincent, who cares Sukie Sukie Waterhouse? Oh, she played one of the people in Daisy Jones.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, Casey the Elephant Case delvid.
Speaker 1: Neon pill was this year?
Speaker 19: That was good.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was where you could have told me that was two years ago and I would have been like, yeah, that was a good one too. So yeah, some of the highlights.
Speaker 2: Some of the musical highlights of twenty twenty four come on Eastun's.
Speaker 18: Rock and Alternatives Morning six ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, All.
Speaker 1: American Rejects and Dirty Little Secrets. Alex is Uh.
Speaker 2: Singing working, somebody got busy singing. Somebody got some hype man vibes. During that song that you debuted today on the show, I.
Speaker 1: Would dig get that. I don't know, I don't know what did you say?
Speaker 8: There? Was?
Speaker 2: Is the final game Fresh out of bed Head to Head podcast?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry, if you want to go back, if we listen to it during a commercial breakthough.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because we got stuff coming up. But also listening to our commercial break this morning, I had great sponsor of this show. We have food.
Speaker 4: Oh it smells so good.
Speaker 1: Very excited.
Speaker 2: All right, looks like we're gonna have some food next hour. And then I don't know if we should just take calls.
Speaker 1: A crazy run. I don't even crazy. I don't know what I want to do yet.
Speaker 5: Figure it out.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today we're not drinking until nine. I wasn't playing.
Speaker 3: Look there, you don't even you don't even deserve this.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 3: You're gonna love this? It's coquito, It's like Puerto Rican eggnog. It's coconutty, it's rummy, it's.
Speaker 1: We can get coconutty at nine. No Sonny skies that sent Chancellor right, heigh sixty eight? What are Houston headlines?
Speaker 3: Republicans are trying to come up with a new plan to avoid Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got you something, so this government.
Speaker 1: There's a deadline at midnight. What the heck? No urgency.
Speaker 3: Dozens of Republicans joined Democrats last night in voting down a revised government funding bill that included a two year suspension of the debt limit. How Speaker Mike Johnson says Republicans will come up with another solution. Tony Buzby has made a name for himself by representing several the alleged victims suing Diddy for sexual abuse. He's now being sued for misconduct himself. So an unidentified Jane Doe says Buzzby did the deed with her without disclosing that he had an STD and that he admitted to her that he knew he had it before they did the deed.
Speaker 1: This is jay Z going after him?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is jay Z thinking, Okay, if I come at him with a bunch of stuff, maybe he'll just go away.
Speaker 1: Busby's not going away.
Speaker 3: He's denying all of it. He put out a statement on the X. We have the link to that if you want to go read it. It's entirety. But he's like, basically, investigators from New York have called many of his clients current and former, and that one of his just one of his clients, actually decided to record the conversation and that everything that they were saying was shocking and illegal.
Speaker 4: And he even includes a portion of the transcript. So there you go.
Speaker 2: A jay Z's you know he's going to swing this whole time.
Speaker 1: He's going to swing. Okay.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of reasons to not put your holiday shopping off until the last minute.
Speaker 4: You maybe won't be able to find what you want.
Speaker 3: It'll be sheer chaos and the stores and parking lots and number three, you could.
Speaker 1: Die elex No.
Speaker 3: A report by Nationwide says the most dangerous day of the month to be out on the roads is this coming Monday, December twenty third.
Speaker 4: It's my dad's birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday name, not because of a winter storm or anything like that, is because drivers are distracted right now.
Speaker 4: They're busy, they're trying to knock out their Christmas shopping.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe that's the only time they have, but you really, people are nationwide. Is taking this opportunity to remind people you really, really really need to put your phone down. You need to focus on the road that helps keep you and everyone around you safe. Okay, especially it can be so tempting right now to multitask. All right, let's talk about People magazine. They made a list of the greatest Christmas movie villains. It's topped by mister Potter. Mister Potter and It's a Wonderful Life, followed by Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas and then the bully Scott Farcas in a Christmas Story.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what Scott was mean? But I didn't know his name was Scott.
Speaker 4: Scott scud right, I thought it was scud too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Scott Farcas, Scott, I really did. I thought it was Scott.
Speaker 4: Those are your top three, right there.
Speaker 2: Scott Farcas is the redheaded kid with the braces. Go ahead, are you gonna cry, he gonna cry it and then Ralphie just unloads.
Speaker 1: On him, Andy d and Dalton. But then, yeah, is now is he the same kid?
Speaker 2: Is he the same kid from American Pie, the Terminator guy.
Speaker 5: Erminator?
Speaker 1: Is he the same guy? I do not want to say yes and be wrong, because I think he'd be too old to be the Shermanider. Yeah, I don't think maybe he's kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not saying every red hair, white kid looks the same, but those two look the same.
Speaker 1: They do live very similar, Okay, and Andy Dalton too.
Speaker 3: So God bless the Gingers, especially this time of year. Guys, you know you're my favorites. Tommy Lee's wife says he only showers about once a week, but he's very neat. So she has a podcast and she's actually she's comedian. She's actually really funny. There's a huge age difference between them. I think he's like sixty, Tommy's like sixty two and she's like thirty eight. But she's like, listen, I'm OCD. My house is like a museum. My husband is actually neat. Now he only bathes once a week because he was born in Greece and he has just a European viewpoint when.
Speaker 1: It comes to bathing, So he'll do a live in Greece. He'll do like a.
Speaker 3: Towel thing like she says, he'll like himself with like a wash clothe.
Speaker 1: And they're like, that doesn't give you the ck.
Speaker 4: She's like, no, he's so handsome.
Speaker 1: He does not give me time to bathe. He's cleaning. You know what would say music day, That's what my mom would say. I would say, wash your ass. Yeah, yeah, say that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna tell you what my mom would tell my brother.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night football, the Chargers came back to beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven. The Texans are going to be back in action tomorrow. They're gonna take on the Chiefs in Kansas City. Kickoff for that game is at noon and you can watch it on NBC. Texans are three and a half point underdogs going into this one. In college football, last night, Sam Houston beat Georgia's Southern thirty one twenty six in the New Orleans Bowl. The college football Playoff is going to start tonight with Notre Dame taking on Indiana.
Speaker 1: That'll kick off at seven.
Speaker 6: Then tomorrow at eleven, Penn State hosts smu UT takes on Clemson, and Ohio State faces Tennessee. You can watch all of those games on ABC and TNT. And in basketball, Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Pelicans one thirty three to one thirteen. Jalen, I mean, had thirty one points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on. Okay, so much food. It smells so good. Smoke, barbecue and catering.
Speaker 4: They bring the smoke.
Speaker 3: It smells like a delicious smoked studio.
Speaker 1: Is it Jason that emailed me? Thank you Jason? All right, so yeah, there's food. We're gonna give away beer.
Speaker 2: I might get a little loose on the calls if you want to maybe get a call in. I might extend to open phones a little bit today, crazy because it could be a Christmas.
Speaker 1: Party in here.
Speaker 4: It's Christmas body all over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the last hour, So all right, beer coming up, everything coming up? Come on, Come on. Rocking Alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 18: Last morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Smooze, cost Cold Bus, Song Calling, r Rye Cook, the Phone burn them box of Cone.
Speaker 14: Boss colon.
Speaker 19: Ramday, Bam Friday, you got a free Bam Friday, you got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Right, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 20: Who's this mister, Jacqueline?
Speaker 1: Jacqueline, Merry Christmas? How are you today? Doing great? About to walk into work in a minute? Should I interest you in a case of beer real quick before you start the grind today? Sounds great?
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 20: Congratulations, Thank you Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas to you. Anybody getting an out of due Julie vibe here just a little bit, Jacqueline, what you going into work? What do you do? I'm a service advisor at a car dealership. Well awesome, Well listen, have a great day. Are you grinding all next week? For leading up to Christmas?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right after day after right back to work? All right?
Speaker 2: Well listen, enjoy your beers. Thank you for being up early with us, and have a great Christmas.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks you guys too, and bares So I'm gonna miss you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna miss you too.
Speaker 1: More than you'll ever know.
Speaker 14: Don't make me cry.
Speaker 4: No, you don't make me cry.
Speaker 1: You started it all right, Jacqueline, hang on a phone for me.
Speaker 2: The studio, everybody's like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: What's you guys? What is going on in the studio right now? Is so much my favorite day? So much it's going on. So Jason sends me an email.
Speaker 2: We've been kind of going back and forth for a couple of weeks now, and he's been saying, Dude, I really want you to try my food. I think it's pretty good and I think you'll like it. And there was just something about Jason. I'm like, you know what you said, I do want to try your food.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I bet you. I bet you it's awesome.
Speaker 2: So we were trying to like get him in here, and then I said, you know what, boom ding.
Speaker 1: Last day, Tessa's last day. Is there any way that we could put something together?
Speaker 2: And maybe like I'll get you with chili and maybe you could bring us something on Friday, And then here's Jason and his crew.
Speaker 1: Dude, this food is so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you eighteen hours you've been doing this, working on this brisket here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, eighteen hours at least eighteen hours in the smoker, low and slow.
Speaker 23: What temperature two fifty at most?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: It is so divine.
Speaker 1: I've never had a brisket. So I'm eating a brisket grilled cheese right now. Oh my god, it is so unbelievably good. Is that your barbecue sauce? No?
Speaker 23: No, no, but I don't see that skip the breakfast soccos.
Speaker 2: I asked you, I said, what's the one thing if I got to eat something right now? And you said that that grilled cheese was going to be knocked out?
Speaker 1: So it will be eating the breakfast talk. It's smoke, barbecue and catering. That's your company. That's it. I love you been doing this.
Speaker 23: I've been cooking for about at least about ten fifteen years. I just started this company this year. It's a lot of work. Yeah, it's a lot of work.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 1: I mean you have to write I do twenty three years.
Speaker 23: I've been in banking.
Speaker 1: I walked away a month ago. Yeah, baker, you're a baker. Bakers can cook like this. Well, but here's what's clutching away from.
Speaker 2: Here's what's clutch you own your own business, there's so much I mean, of course everybody wants to sit around and make briskets all the time.
Speaker 1: The amount of bookwork that goes into it, that's.
Speaker 2: The part that sucks the joy out of owning your own business or doing those types of things.
Speaker 1: It's all of the stuff behind the scenes. I know that you love to cook. It shows in your it shows in what I'm eating right now.
Speaker 2: But you come from the banking industry, so that must be pretty easy for you.
Speaker 1: You got to do all that stuff. You got someone that does it for you. No, I had to have somebody that doesn't. Yeah, it's a lot. It can't do it.
Speaker 23: Can't cook like this all day and did the books on the back end as well.
Speaker 2: So you got David Christina and I can read my already. Oh it's cann Carolyn. Carolyn is here and everybody kind of help you bring all this stuff in.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like your crew. This is your when you're rolling deep. This is who helps you out.
Speaker 23: Yeah, this is the Smoke and the Smoke team right here. We got the little Smoky's. They're kids that come around and help us out as well. But yeah, that's our team.
Speaker 3: It takes so much work to cook something as delicious as this and like to bring it to another location. So thank you guys for doing that. We know you've had to be up probably earlier than us, especially with the smoking, So thank you for all that work, because it's not.
Speaker 4: It's like it's not just like here's a sandwich.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, we we're catering your crew right now, and it's so good.
Speaker 2: It'll be a nice little base because we're not drinking until nine, right.
Speaker 1: So stretched well, okay, what you said that there's some coconut coconuty Okay, so uh.
Speaker 3: They also brought in this delicious white bottle, no label because it's homemade coquito. And I've been telling Ron if you love eggnog, you will love coquito. It is little coquito literally means like little coconut. It's it's porter freaking eggnog basically maybe just a taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like a little milky tree.
Speaker 2: How about I do this okay, just because it's gonna get to a point where we're not going to take calls in the nine o'clock out. Oh look, some cops a miracle Christmas miracle. Wow, did anybody run this by Chili about opening up phone lines early today? Nobody ran it by Chili? Does he have any food in there?
Speaker 1: So here's what I suggest.
Speaker 2: Would somebody fix Chili a plate, walk in, walk it into him, and then just tell.
Speaker 1: Him old hug, Hey, Rod's going early on open phones today and we're gonna take a few extra phone calls before the end of the year. Testa's last show that so, but I think if you ease it with a plate of food, especially this food, you know, do you take just a.
Speaker 4: Sip of this? Can we just have a sip of the cool?
Speaker 1: Well, they're nice enough to bring this stuff down.
Speaker 2: I wanted to sure, where do people get a hold of smoke, barbecue and catering, Like, where's the best place to get ahold of you guys? Because obviously you're going to get a million gigs out of this because the food.
Speaker 1: Is so delicious, it's so good. Where would people get ahold of you guys? The easiest place, So the.
Speaker 23: Easiest place is de Esplanade over on Navigation And second ward, we're there every Sunday unless we have an event. Okay, so every Sunday we're there for the Farmer's Market. We're also going to be starting up steak Nights on January ninth, every Thursday over in the same spot, so that's our home base.
Speaker 2: I just tagged your Instagram, so there's a picture of Tessa ripping into her sandwich.
Speaker 3: How do you get a cheese pool? How do you cook a girl cheese in another location? Come here and it still has a cheese pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got the Instagram, so we're gonna put all this stuff out there. Guys, thank you so much. This food is amazing. I appreciate it's.
Speaker 2: Going to get a nice little drink right every fall line is ringing. We're gonna get into it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna taste this now.
Speaker 4: Please, yes, I want that's not a taste.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's a big that's a full. I love you.
Speaker 4: Drink it.
Speaker 1: Old Toro, oh Puto, Rican friend of mine. They made that and is amazing. His name j shout out. It's really good and there's a lot I'll call in. It's really good. It's really good. That's good.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna we're gonna open up some phone lines now seven one, three, nine, four five. Let me take a short break. We'll still come back. We gotta still do rec checks, we still got.
Speaker 1: To do what's trending and all of that stuff. But then we'll get some extra phone calls.
Speaker 2: On today, everybody's already ready to party here Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to Amuzee.
Speaker 1: Four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having us On eight twenty three.
Speaker 1: We see a lot of phones bringing answer. There's really no turning.
Speaker 2: Back now, Alex's huge, There's really no turning back. Well, okay, let's let's do some of the things that we need to do here.
Speaker 1: Sonny's guys.
Speaker 2: Today ten percent chanceer rain hies up around sixty eight, Tomorrow sunny ten percent chance rain sixty and then Sunday mostly cloudy.
Speaker 1: I have sixty five. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Do you your heart of hearts think I had a trending prepared?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I don't know. It's yeah, you know me.
Speaker 4: Do you think you want me to? Okay, you can do.
Speaker 1: Louie's going to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: You're not giving Fanny Friday.
Speaker 1: There's top ten.
Speaker 3: I have a shirt that says clam power that Astley with an eye gave me, and that's what's trending on night four to five. Buzz just had the best girl to you in my life. I mean, I don't know, that's what's trending.
Speaker 1: Smoke barbacue, smoke, barbecue and catering. Ah wow, this food is good. Thank you so much. But it's so good you'll forget to do your job.
Speaker 2: Open phones Friday, Open phone Friday more like open phones fried.
Speaker 3: Yay, Ale goes out with your last trending check your watch checks out, checks out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's how you're going out, dude, what do you want me to say? Talk two is a criminal?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Hello Kirk, how's it going?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 9: Rhyme?
Speaker 1: I don't know. How's a guy? And we're going early on open phones apparently, so yeah, come on, what do you got?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: I was you said he didn't watch a ball of busting? But what's Christmas without either busting or hanging some balls? I mean, are you calling to bust my balls?
Speaker 2: Obviously huge mistake doing open phones early right immediately?
Speaker 1: Is there something specific you're busting my balls about? Yeah?
Speaker 15: The sun is a star.
Speaker 1: I sent an email about it. Oh, God, I don't know. We would all be Dad, get out of here, Kirk.
Speaker 2: There was a question today on the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge and it talked about, you know, Twinkle Twinkle in the famous nursery rhyme. Somebody chimed in early before Twinkle Twinkle in nursery rhyme, he said, Son, the answer is Star. It's Twinkle Twinkle, little Star. That's the famous nursery hyme.
Speaker 1: Shin, he doesn't twinkle. I can't with the Kirk. I can't with the huge mistake doing early open phones. Corey the goat Hunter, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good everybody, it was a mistake.
Speaker 1: You're right, good morning.
Speaker 9: I can't believe of all the crappy questions and debacles we've had this year, this is the one people are mad about. It's clearly so you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna miss me so far?
Speaker 14: Are you?
Speaker 1: There's no question at all. I am going to miss Tessa.
Speaker 9: I won't miss this question so much.
Speaker 1: I've left a year's worth of rod So the joke is on you.
Speaker 9: Good with your little TV things?
Speaker 2: Listen, all right, she didn't do her, she didn't do her last trending. If you think she wrote one question for the New Year. You're nuts, okay, so trust me, we know that's not true.
Speaker 24: I thought about well, it was a great game this morning.
Speaker 9: Congratulations Adam, the.
Speaker 21: Coup, Cheerley, rod Alex Rod, Tessa, tell Jill whoever, all the people in there, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, I'll see you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Oh boy, Hey, good bye rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Let's go.
Speaker 1: So listen.
Speaker 2: I got to give full credit for what I'm doing right now and the reason that I'm probably this will be my last show ever. No, it's former time, former intern Michelle is the one that suggested it. She said, would you ever think and I said, not before your dumb email, would you ever think to.
Speaker 1: Go early on open phones? Because you guys really don't do a great job. She said. I love the last show. I love the last hour of the show. You guys are partying.
Speaker 2: Everybody's in there, Wizards in there, Captain Cash is in there.
Speaker 1: She said. Technically, you guys don't really take a.
Speaker 2: Lot of calls with it being Tessa's last day, and then some of the you know, some of the superstars won't have a chance to get through. Robbie Superstar, he knows when to get through, dude, how are you call her number ten?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Hell y'all doing wonderful. Dude.
Speaker 2: Where are you at with your Christmas shopping? Tell me you're done?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 1: Like you doing been done? Yeah, of course because your wife does it all. Yeah, how that wi is it for? I knew how that whole exchange was going to go for sure, Yes you did.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 7: I want to wish out happy holiday.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 14: And if tests is still going to keep her Houston laugh gig.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will be on Houston Life. I will be doing the one gig cash up drunk right today.
Speaker 3: I'll probably get fired. That'd be a site. I'll come crawling back so quick.
Speaker 1: All right, Robbie, you have a great holiday too. Man. Thanks for all the years. Bro, Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you, dude.
Speaker 1: That's Robbie. Everybody he's he's one of the guys where you're like, Okay, I'm glad we went early, Amy, Amy, good morning? Oh no, hey, oh this is awesome Amy, awesome Amy?
Speaker 3: Who for I think like the first two or three years, maybe even four years of you being here was like my arch nemesis.
Speaker 1: Why so, I don't know he was annoying. Whoa, whoa, whoa your last day's favorite.
Speaker 3: She gave me hell at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 1: Every time we did the mile of meat.
Speaker 3: She was, well this is I was like, Amy, I'm.
Speaker 4: Losing my mind.
Speaker 1: Let's bury this. I like that. No, no, no, listen, I got some time she hears a shove.
Speaker 3: She injured her leg and she wasn't as mobile so she couldn't like go create her.
Speaker 1: Little havoc so she couldn't bother you.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I.
Speaker 1: Actually got to sit down and like talk to her. I was like, you know what, you're kind of lovely. I kind of like you.
Speaker 3: She's weirds, a little weird, a little weird.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know about any of this. All right, awesome, baby, have a great Christmas.
Speaker 4: You do you all have great Christmas.
Speaker 1: So it's every other call that I'm feeling like this was a good idea, and then that was now I feel like it was a horrible idea.
Speaker 5: Did we do this?
Speaker 2: Maybe part of it at five years seven one three, if you dare seven one three two one two five nine four five, you don't know what you're getting on the other to that phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, people, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 11: From The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five of The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buys, Popparoach and Scars Rod Ryan Show. I mean, we still got to do another case of beers, so don't get all crazy.
Speaker 1: I know that we've completely just kind.
Speaker 2: Of flip flopped everything today and we've got to morphing into open phones. I will continue open phones in the nine o'clock hour, but then, you know, we got our little Christmas party that we do and we shared all that with you and it'll be live on the air and gift exchange and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: So we're kind of going early on some phone calls. All right, who's been on longest?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nurse D? What are Nurse D?
Speaker 2: Tessa even mentioned you you got a word in that we used for read my Lips yesterday, liquor run.
Speaker 1: You spelled it wrong, r.
Speaker 4: Bigly lost.
Speaker 1: Tessa said that she was going to be on the back of your Yeah, but did you mention that. Yes, She's always tell me if you ever want to cover for a ride.
Speaker 4: I'm like, dude, me and Nurse Dean the open ro hair like winning our hair. What's go wrong?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Sorry, she didn't she didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank her, she didn't know finish.
Speaker 14: You know, hey, I just wanted to call with you guys a Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nursey Tessa.
Speaker 14: Tessa, you've been simply awesome. We're gonna miss you here on the show. Love your oodles, and I'm telling you anytime you want to go ride, you know how to get a hold of me.
Speaker 3: Okay, deal, deal, thank you, and I'm being missed oodles is something I never have experienced.
Speaker 4: So thank you.
Speaker 1: J D the truck driver, all the big names coming through for the last testa show. What you got, j D? Good morning, more.
Speaker 15: Goods y'all, Christmas, every single word of you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on your Army Navy win as well. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 15: Yes sir, yes sir. We uh it's a lot better than I expected it. But uh also got some other great news.
Speaker 8: Job.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna be leaving on starting a new job, you know, be my first job back after having my strip of heart bypass surgery. And yeah, I wanted to wish Tessa, you know, good luck on her new adventures and endeavors as she has coming up.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. That means a lot.
Speaker 1: JD. You had. You had a hell of a year.
Speaker 2: Somehow you found time to bring us some treats throughout the year, and I mean you had a hell of a year. Thank you for you know, keeping us up on everything that's going out in your life. But I mean just just being a part of the show and staying with us all that time, you know, I mean, nobody had more distractions than you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: Well, hopefully, hopefully, Rod, Hopefully one of years I'm gonna get you out there for the reach across America.
Speaker 8: Rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we never have anything going on this time. Yeah, that's the problem. All right, my brother, Merry Christmas to you. Man, Conrad. Sound the new gig? That's it sounds great. Awesome man. I don't know if it's friend on or friend off, but it's Eli. I know that sod out. Maybe he can let me know if it's friend don or friend off. Good morning. Hey, hey guys.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: So I'll start off by saying something nice. Your pictures from Lights and the Heights.
Speaker 2: Were great, dude, and your Grinch makeup was like Jim Carrey level from the movie.
Speaker 1: The makeup was phenomenal in those pictures.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of work, but it came out amazing. Yeah, it really did. All right? So are we friends or not? I don't even know.
Speaker 5: I can't keep tracks.
Speaker 25: As for the holidays, yes, and then after twenty twenty five, you could put me back on for an off.
Speaker 2: Because you're still kicking ice cubes under the freezer.
Speaker 1: As always his house, his house, it's a mess, dude, is America?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: What else he got? He lied?
Speaker 25: Well, Look, I just want to say thank y'all, Merry Christmas. Tests I love you and hate you at the same time for all of y'all for let me inviting me to come do videos for y'all, to bring.
Speaker 8: Some models to tape.
Speaker 1: It's been fun.
Speaker 25: I love it, and I hope to do more for y'all next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna hang out with us next year?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Thank you for all helping out his videos, the videos that he makes for us, the twenty year anniversary video, the ditch Day videos that he's made over the years, anything. I can't wait any the fact that he turns them around so quickly. I know I'm talking like I like him, But we're but he said, we're but he said but we're friend on right now. So the fact because video, I mean, you know, we got a guy in the room right now that also can turn around some videos pretty quick. Eli turned Eli turns these videos around like quickly, so I know it's at least they let me believe.
Speaker 1: They leave me to believe.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work, and they they and Bobby Jokes, they turned these videos around.
Speaker 1: Ernest. Good morning, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 8: How you doing today.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Ernest. Welcome to an extended, weird version of Open Phones.
Speaker 1: What you got.
Speaker 24: I just wanted to Tessa congratulations on her new job and what made her want to leave?
Speaker 1: Oh good, good question, you're on the hot seat. I guess it's not a wanting.
Speaker 3: It was more of a hey, you know what, in my in a perfect world, I could do both of these jobs for the rest of time. But the day were really really wearing on me. I didn't really wasn't getting enough rest, and so when I felt that when it came to choosing, it's like this one, you know, is the one I know, is the one I know the most. And I've always tried to challenge myself and try to get better at you know, the stuff that maybe I'm I need a little bit of work on. So I'm going to try to do the TV stuff, get back in there and just try to complete my wheelhouse of of you know, being in this business, you hear about a lot of people getting fired. So yeah, there was no It was just I feel like, when it's time, it's time, you gotta go while the party's still fun.
Speaker 4: It's my friend Derek sure said.
Speaker 1: You're good with that, Ernest, Yes, sir, I'm good with that.
Speaker 8: And I wanted to pick up you before you leave.
Speaker 15: It wasn't a catch and go tag go.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: That's another line open. I don't know somehow, Yeah, you can get rid of that. We're going to take a break. I'm sure Wizard wants us to play a song.
Speaker 1: Some point this morning as his last headlines, Okay, do you know that you have that coming up? I mean now, okay, hi, Chili, did you have something? Yeah, I'll just go and let you know that.
Speaker 13: The catering companies go out, so I want to let them say that last good buy it was.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, this food is just so unbelievable. So David, thank you for coming down. Christina, Carolyn Jason, thank you so much for reaching out to me. And you were right. Your food is amazing, dude. Yeah, food, please make I'm gonna have you cater something. You're gonna get fun. You're gonna get one gig out of this. It'll be from me. I trust me on that.
Speaker 23: I appreciate that I did bring you guys some take home chili. It's over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at chili is the next level all.
Speaker 23: I appreciate that. Appreciate you guys that has come out. Thank you email again. Like I said, I want to mention that just we're gonna have that fundraiser tomorrow for the that that little boy that was killed crossing the tracks going to school at high school, students at Melie High School. If anybody wants to come out, it's gonna be a lot of cooking teams out there putting it together.
Speaker 1: So we appreciate that, well bring him new food for us.
Speaker 2: But doing something like that and getting involved in the community, I know that you guys are great guys.
Speaker 1: So thank you for that. That's awesome, appreciated. That's all. Thank you, Thank you having so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 1: I've been notified that the wizard is on his way and he's like, man, save me some food. But okay, no problem, there's so much food in here right now.
Speaker 2: All right, that's another line open though seven one three two, win two five nine four five, as we do some extended open phonks.
Speaker 1: You Rock and alternative Fever. He used to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day, Welcome to Paradise. I'm gonna thank you Adam the copp for just stopping by your twenty twenty four champion.
Speaker 2: Fresh out of bed, head to head. He wasn't here like, oh, you're picking up his stuff already. Maybe he was, but he just wanted to stop by. He wanted to say goodbye to Tessa. He wanted to stay hi to us. We grabbed a quick picture with him, but he brought us a present. And every now and then you just I get envious of people that know how to give and people that know how to because.
Speaker 1: You can tell they put a lot of thought into it.
Speaker 2: Adam the Cop had a huge moment on this show this year during open phones. It was a couple of weeks ago and he was live on open phones Friday. Most of you heard it. And he was out hunting and as he's talking to us, he saw a deer and I said, oh my god, can you take that deer right now? He's like, Noah, it's a little small, but there's a hog right next to it, and we're like, take the hog.
Speaker 1: Just do it. Just like, dude, take the hog, Take the shot. Take the shot. It was just like the movie Jarhead. Take the shot. Take the shot. He takes the shot, live on the air, gets the hog. It was the highlight of my years. I was about to say it wasn't Elbourne this year. I've been doing this a long time. That had never happened to me before.
Speaker 2: He made this little plaque and it says rod Ryan showed twelve sixteen, twenty twenty four first kill. And he got the guncasing, the bullet case, the bullet casing, the bullet casing, and he put it on a plaque and he had the plaque made so good, it's so perfect. Paul Wizard, I said, we're hanging that thing in here. I don't care if we're not allowed to hang stuff. Hanging stuff in here, and.
Speaker 1: Wizard said, do it all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: We got to get into Houston's headlines one final time. This is your last one, by the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that matters, but well, yes, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what the firstory is. The Republicans are trying to come up with a new plan to avoid so there's a deadline at midnight. Dozens of Republicans joined Democrats last night and voting down a revised government funding bill that would and that it actually included a two year suspension of the debt limit. So the House Speaker Mike Johnson says Republicans will come up with another solution. Tony Busby is named made a name for himself representing several of the alleged victims suing Diddy for sexual abuse, but now he's being sued for sexual misconduct. The plaintiff is an unidentified Jane Doe, who says Buzzby did the.
Speaker 4: Deed with her without.
Speaker 1: Disclosing he had an STD.
Speaker 3: He admitted to her that he knew he had it before they did the deed. These are this is her accusation, and she continued to see him again.
Speaker 4: The woman said he was manipult.
Speaker 3: Even physically abusive, so this is an article that TMZ released.
Speaker 4: Okay, people are like, oh wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is but this is the attorney that is also going after jay Z.
Speaker 1: So Buzzby jumps on the ax and he is like.
Speaker 3: Dude, he's like these so called investigators from New York are calling his clients, a lot of them current and former clients, and really just trying to get him caught up.
Speaker 4: So you can go read that full statement.
Speaker 3: We have put that link on a blog page on Links and Guests the World Paper strip Rine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, low, jay Z's trying to dig up some dirt, trying to get Buzzby to go away. It usually means that you're innocent.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, but yeah, he's trying to do everything he can to get Buzby to just buzz off.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about the holidays, because there was a huge holiday poll looking at the various activities we've got planned.
Speaker 1: This month Americans, eighty.
Speaker 3: Six percent are celebrating Christmas, Hankah, or another winter holiday. Almost ninety percent of people celebrating will put up some sort of decorations. Seventy five percent will listen to Christmas music and watch at least one holiday movie this year, and seventy percent of us planned to go and look at Lights.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to take Little Sofiago look at Lights.
Speaker 3: Nikki Glazer is more than just a casual Taylor Swift fan. She's spent close to one hundred k to attend twenty two Eras tour shows. She says she wants to be clear that she's included travel, expensive hotels, also flying, putting up everyone that she would invite to go with them, tickets, merch and she says it was all worth it. She says she would have paid even more, and she justifies spending that much because she just doesn't have kids.
Speaker 1: In order for me to make myself.
Speaker 3: Feel better, I did look up how much it would be to raise a kid.
Speaker 4: Like the cost of raising a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like way more than that.
Speaker 4: So she's like happy to spend that money. Yeah, she's not privileged, just having fun.
Speaker 3: Alison Chains and Shine Down are amongst some macs being looked at for pandemic relief payouts. So this report looks at pandemic relief spending and according to the report, three members of Alison Chain's got grant money, like Jerry Cantrell got one point four million dollars and grant money, and the drummer got the same amount. The bass player received six hundred and eighty two thousand dollars, and then Shine Down reportedly got a total of eight point three million dollars, with at least two point five million dollars going to three or four band members. This probably is not the last you'll hear of the story. I gotta talk to my money man.
Speaker 4: How about how illegal or not illegal that is? That's those are Houstons headlines.
Speaker 1: It was legal, their business was closing down. Then the government was offering money. Now it just gets weird when high named people that you think have a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like in the court of public opinion. Yeah, TV twelve, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady got money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, Marshmallow, I saw people were really mad about Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you got on oether? What's going on the sports?
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night football? The Chargers came back to beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven. Texans are gonna be back in action tomorrow. They're gonna play the Chiefs on the road. They are three and a half point underdogs coming into this one. Kickoff is at noon. You can watch it on NBC. In college football, last night, Sam Houston beat Georgia Southern thirty one to twenty six in the New Orillians Bowl. Is the first bowl win in Sam Houston's school history. In the College fo Ball playoff, that's gonna start tonight with Notre Dame taking on Indiana. That'll kick off at seven, and tomorrow Penn State's gonna host smu UT He'll take on Clemson, and Ohio State will play Tennessee. You can watch all of those games on ABC.
Speaker 1: And T and T.
Speaker 6: And in basketball, the Rockets got a win last night. They meet the Pelicans one thirty three to one thirteen. Jalen Green had thirty one points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: This show is already loose as a goose, but he got hell running around him. And Radio Wizard are like snorting tequila already.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are you doing. There's like powders sniffing and doing everything else. Talbrock toe Lord. Okay, so you know how this is gonna work. I've got another case of beer I gotta give away. We're gonna give away the beer.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into whatever left we have to do with open phones, and then the Christmas party. But officially, I guess now is when we were supposed to start.
Speaker 1: We already started drinking.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 6: I didn't because I you know, I'm a good guy.
Speaker 1: You didn't start drinking.
Speaker 8: I have not.
Speaker 1: I was not handed in a Puerto Rican egg. Noow, I don't want you drinking at all. The dumb song you wrote okay now using his alternative all Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, the buzz hes tasted free is good.
Speaker 16: You give something to me if you care?
Speaker 1: Do you want free?
Speaker 16: You know your shirt, bitch, this shirt is free beer Friday, Friday Friday.
Speaker 1: There you go, Tessa.
Speaker 19: Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You've done free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, free Bam Friday, and bam today. Right Friday, right Friday.
Speaker 2: I knew you were not gonna let us get out of here without that free beer Friday, so.
Speaker 1: I needed that Friday. Good morning, good morning, good morning, wellthy hello, hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: I'll full though, Alfonsell your color number ten, dude, you got the last case of.
Speaker 1: Beer for twenty twenty four. Wow, amazing, it is pretty amazing.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations where you from maycoun all right, dude, yeah, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Have a merry Christmas. I appreciate you being a part of the show. And enjoy that last final case of beer.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I've been listing our twenty years. I'm a four year member of the hard four one hundred one be Free Girl Friday.
Speaker 1: But maybe this is right number twelve in the last twenty years, So yeah, that's what ibelieve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great that's a great resume, dude, I appreciate everything that resume.
Speaker 1: Those are huge numbers. We gotta bring a hardcore one hundred back here.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just gonna say, Alfonso got me thinking I'd put them on hold. Uh, Saint Patrick's Day is on a Monday, so we technically could be available for a live broadcast and all the fun things that come along with a live broadcast and all the milk drinking and all the other stuff that comes along included in their Hardcore one hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, oh boy, it's not a Monday, we are available. Check that Mike whiz. I don't know if it works. That Mike doesn't work just yes, yeah, we'll pick it up.
Speaker 4: He comes share mine. We could be like the backup sings.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that mic has ever worked. Hello, there you go, There we go. Where As we went a little early on open phones. Yeah, yeah, you know a little early on drinks.
Speaker 3: You went a little early Rod Sports of Nagasaki had I have not had the Nagasaki yet.
Speaker 1: The saki very interesting. But then but they want a double hell pour. Come on guys here. It's a nice episode.
Speaker 4: We had the rum, we had the saki, and oh god, I'm gonna have to uber here.
Speaker 1: So this is why we went early on open phones, because I knew that there's just no time for any I mean, I'll try to get in something here.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's I'm assuming that everyone that's calling right now is still calling for the beers.
Speaker 1: Chilli just left him. He's like, I'm done. None of this was in my contract. It's his Christmas party too, I know. He's like, nobody asked me if we can go early on open phones. Nothing. I think this is Tim though, hy Tim brother, the one they called Tim. Hey good morning, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas. Guys, you're on open phones. Man, what you got?
Speaker 10: I gotta say, congratulations, Uh, Tessa, We're gonna miss you. But just like Corey said, I won't miss your questions, they were horrible.
Speaker 3: You know what, you don't know what you got till it's gone. May you have boring asked questions for your whole life?
Speaker 1: Of course of boring questions on you. Absolutely, but well Tim is here and him saying what he said. And then I watched after you announced that you were going to be leaving. I watched a little bit of uh Houston life, and Derek also congratulated you. Is it a congratulations? That's what people are choosing to say. It's just what it is. Though, I don't know why are you asking me? But Derek said congratulations. I said, yeah, I mean thank you.
Speaker 4: Like what do you say when someone says congrats?
Speaker 1: Right wizard?
Speaker 14: No, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the positive spin on thing. Congratulations. I'm losing these turns. Those guys get what you got, Mundo, good morning, good morning, good morning. Later later, sir, I want to say say, so, we're going to miss you.
Speaker 6: I have an idea.
Speaker 1: What if the Wizard becomes the next co host? Yes, yes, yah yah. King met with that guy like I was pitching a perfect game for years, I know, and then right there he dirt and there he threw it in the dirt.
Speaker 4: Might call me, come be on my podcast. You can be my co hosts.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones?
Speaker 1: Fried Yay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I will continue. I'll take another bank of calls afterwards. And then there's presence all over the place.
Speaker 1: We got to open gifts.
Speaker 4: Let's open up. I also want to sing a song.
Speaker 1: Have to be drank, I mean, good my goodness. It's the loosest show of the year every year.
Speaker 2: We're not letting you down today. Certainly not letting you down today. All right, we'll be back after this.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five to bus. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: I just told Tessa, I'm like, wait a minute, I brought in three bottles of Bubbly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally you share with the cruise. Well there's okay, Wizard's got it. We definitely don't have any alcohol. Girl, This is Italian for seeing you later.
Speaker 5: Oh my own.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get some phone calls. Just added to my glasses here, we need more cups. I got them, okay, Alex you and then we'll take a couple of more calls. I was supposed to idea. We'll open hang on online.
Speaker 11: Kid's Alex online five the buzz All.
Speaker 1: Right, what you're doing today? What I do at the end of every year? We're making snowman.
Speaker 6: Yes you know it's not stelling here, but you can decorate your snowman however you want. I put the carrot where the penis should be because I like to play every year. I do that to today lands every year, always, always the winner. Make your own snowman at the world famous Rod Ryan Show. Pages the buzz back, Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, We're gonna get on a couple more calls, and then we got to give each other some giftings and do our farewells for the year and forever and all that stuff. Josh Tree, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, rob Ryan.
Speaker 2: So hello Josh Jerome, what do you have? What could you possibly say on this last show?
Speaker 5: Of the year.
Speaker 8: Well, I just wanted to wish y'a merry Christmas and I hope y'all have a safe and great holiday. You know, y'all deserve it and Tessa gonna miss you.
Speaker 1: Did you just say we deserve it? A break like I like that?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Hi, I am not busting balls. Merry Christmas. I ain't busting guy.
Speaker 1: Are you getting are you seriously? Are you getting some time off?
Speaker 8: I'm getting Christmas Eve, Christmas in New Year's Eve in New Year's That's about it.
Speaker 1: Aow guy works, This guy swinging a hammer. Josh Tree. All right, Josh, thank you bro. Merry Christmas, Dallas, Daniel, good morning, Hey guys.
Speaker 24: I just want to wish you guys a good Christmas in New Year's from me and Daisy, and wanted to wish Tessa all the best in her in her TV gig.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 24: We knew we were going to be fans of her when we first met her at that first mile of meat and then road that parade float over in Galveston.
Speaker 1: That was so fun. That's been a great run. Yeah, that was a good gig.
Speaker 4: That was a good assignment.
Speaker 1: Rod, Okay, are you done? Can I say something pass that guy. Yes, did you see the Bob Dylan movie yet?
Speaker 24: Not yet?
Speaker 1: It's next tusay I saw he saw mu Fossa. I want to see his review about that. Oh really? Okay, well but Dylan, what are you hearing? Is it good? Is it gonna be great?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Oscar movie heard? It's good? Yeah, that's what they're saying. Okay, yep, all right, well listen you and Daisy you are You guys are an absolute treat. The best thing going in Dallas for sure here here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: The fact that he comes out to so he comes out to more stuff than people that.
Speaker 1: Are in the neighborhoods. That's true. You know that that we're doing some of thes. Marco, good morning, you're up on open phones? What is going?
Speaker 15: Good morning, everybody? How's it going?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: Marco, you're on open phones?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: What you got? Dude?
Speaker 6: I just want to say, I hope you guys have a great holidays and has a good luck on your little adventures that you gotta have in.
Speaker 1: The TV thing.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing about that, but I'll give it a try.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it a try.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: You can thank Michelle for all these extra calls today. It's Michelle, Michelle, good morning, Hi, good morning. Okay. So I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not, but I took I took your advice. I mean, she's like, yeah, turned, I must know something. She said you should go early on open phones Friday. So yeah, we did go early. Uh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'll take any more advice from you moving forward.
Speaker 19: For you.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know about that either, but I like that. Okay, good what you got for open phones today.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to.
Speaker 12: Say a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Chessa.
Speaker 12: I then when first met you were really nice, and then it's kind of went downhill from there, and then you started growing back on me like a nice little fun guy. But you you've always been sweet to me.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 12: I'm glad you're taking self care and you're going to continue on television, so I will continue to listen to you since I cannot see you.
Speaker 1: I'm just real quick. Send me your resume for January. Thanks, Okay, I got.
Speaker 12: It ready to go. I will send it right away, yes.
Speaker 1: Right away, all right, Michelle is the boss. I love you. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 8: I love you just the way.
Speaker 2: See here, all right, I mean Bubba, Bubba's gotta get Bubba's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be on Bubba. Yes, sir, Merry Christmas or everybody, Merry Christmas to you, bro? What you got for open phones? Well, I wanted to send a test off with a big horn. Hole, send her off with a horn. Bubba's in the truck, Bubba, Let's have it, let's have it. Huh yeah, dude, yeah, dude, Bubba. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Keep the rubber side down right, yes, not the durable sex come rubber.
Speaker 1: The tires of his are I think that's what they meant.
Speaker 11: Merry Christmas. From The Ron Ryan Show, Son of a Cracker on ninety four five.
Speaker 5: The bus.
Speaker 1: Should we start at least moving some presence?
Speaker 4: There's one by you open it.
Speaker 1: Oh, there are gifts right to go right there?
Speaker 4: Let him go have no say years.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I don't have my stuff pressed passed out. I think I think, did you just pass years out there? Everybody?
Speaker 4: So whatever was there, I passed it out?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have I have to pass mine out, Okay.
Speaker 4: I can help you.
Speaker 8: Let me do that.
Speaker 1: Let's just do that. It's three minutes, okay, three minutes, and then we'll get everybody the gifts that they need to get so that the deer.
Speaker 2: Them and then we could start opening gifts and say our final thoughts, wrap up this year.
Speaker 5: What a year it was.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get this stained rolling lowest in me.
Speaker 2: Five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, room full of people, open mics.
Speaker 1: Meaning they're all on, so you're gonna pick up all the sounds that are happening here in the room that we're in.
Speaker 2: Last show of the year for the rod Ryan Show, last show ever for Tessa.
Speaker 1: The beers are gone.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're gonna be able to squeeze on it any more phone calls because everybody gets a little crazy this time of year. Yeah, and starts getting people gifts. This This was a this is a tradition on The rod Ryan Show since since year one. If I can't share a quick story, Alex will know this, so we don't ever say anything. It's just, Hey, we're going to exchange gifts and we're gonna come in here, and I know Alex is gonna remember this. It was the last show of the year. I don't know how long Dinah had been here, but like, we have all these bags and gifts.
Speaker 1: You see, it's crazy in here. It's wilds wid there's gifts all over the place. And Donna didn't know, like she thought it was just like a little, you know, white elephant thing, you know, get somebody a little thing. She got me a used Guns N' Roses cassette with the price tag on it two ninety nine from the local record store. Year and she walks out of here with this huge hall. She's like, oh my god, I feel so bad. Yeah, I didn't know. You guys actually got real gifts for everybody the millennium. Ye yea, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. So she felt really bad.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, this show is all about Tesla because it's her life show. So let's test open one first. I got you something she's been dying to open up, like I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Do it by myself.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm opening there.
Speaker 1: I mean, no crap. We're in the middle of that stained song.
Speaker 2: She's like, guys, I'm just like a kid does She's waiting for someone to give her approval.
Speaker 1: She's like guys, I think I'm gonna go early. Yeah, I think I'm just going to open something's gonna do it. We're all like, no, you want to take the shot. That's what someone told me. That's what it says it on the box.
Speaker 4: Actually it all the way.
Speaker 1: Their friendship lamps. So wow, she's gone.
Speaker 6: Now you can keep that at your house and then you tap the lamp and then it glows on our end, and then we can put it in the studio. So it's like, oh, I hate what you guys just said about me. She could tap it and blow and eyes and then we can be like test that wake up bitch, and we can we can.
Speaker 5: Do that and the.
Speaker 1: Well, so they're they're synced up. Do the colors refract, pick which color you want on your end, but then it like blows slider. Okay, amazing. I love it.
Speaker 6: Alex.
Speaker 1: It's like even though you've tried to get away from me, so you can't really My friendship lamps came in from Alex. Good one.
Speaker 6: And then we also got something out of her gift too, because we get to keep having we have to have a lamp in here now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, hell said, I got to open this. Everybody just opened up a present. I don't just want to be there's I mean, we're not really I mean, is Hall opened something up? Just grab it, captain now, Captain Cash said, I you said I have to open this. I mean, I'm gonna open up everything. But because it's stupid, but it's it's the little kid. Oh, Bucky's one. You needed a fresh pair o Buffalo Bill's wristbands. He's a badass.
Speaker 5: What are they?
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 1: Buffalo Bill's wristbands? They're going on right now? Say yeah, I got a few things that I'm like, I want to get.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things that are in Chili's bag that I want to get a picture of him with which huh yeah this.
Speaker 11: One here, Okay, I want to picture.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, is this a soldier boy?
Speaker 16: Eggnog?
Speaker 1: Because it says you freaking the sheets the Excel sheets that that mic does not work.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Wizard, you gotta come over here, NEETs, you got sheets.
Speaker 1: It's a coffee mug, but it says freaking the look at this. Appreciate it.
Speaker 12: So much.
Speaker 1: Hey, somebody get a picture of Chili opening up that mug.
Speaker 4: What does that say?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does it say I'd rather I'd rather be watching What Blue. Yeah, that's so funny. All we need is Tom SEL's mustache right here.
Speaker 2: But don't think I almost did get you an eight by ten signed Tom Sellick picture.
Speaker 1: You gotta show it all right, Alex, Uh, waste.
Speaker 9: Your time on me.
Speaker 2: You're already boys, say time?
Speaker 4: My yet got the Gouda saying we got the guy.
Speaker 1: To probably sing for those of you not watching us on Facebook or or YouTube, that's the lyrics that are on the shirt.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure it's Uh he's a great Giants colors perfect perfect?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What what did else?
Speaker 2: So let me guess Mama Cash did all the rapping I already talked about like she's the world's greatest rapper.
Speaker 1: Story she's expecting that her and Eminem.
Speaker 4: So much drye January.
Speaker 1: January. Hell, you're supposed to be opening stuff too.
Speaker 4: He's a watcher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we getting back in?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're back? Are we back? We're back?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's a whole good one, good one. He got me a new GoPro We've been out of business with GoPro him. We're back with goproic. All right, We're back with GoPro alright. Video in twenty twenty five. Video in twenty twenty five. What are you wearing? Alex? Got me a giant beanie has red hair like a wig. Now you're a ginger boy. It's a flame thrower fire pit. Oh oh sick. You should play it in the studio just to make our engineer, Bob Matt How got me a steamball kit? What is it? I'm gonna have so much time to garden and then yeah, I'll put this. I'll put this on my compound. You can make all kinds of things.
Speaker 19: What is it?
Speaker 3: Harrott cauliflower, seeds, okra onions.
Speaker 1: You're gonna grows, dude, so many. I'm gonna be a farmer, pot farmer.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be a gardener. I feel like that's some kind of Stewart garden and I want to do it because she did it.
Speaker 1: I feel like one person is buying that, not you, not how somebody's buying that to grow weed?
Speaker 4: Right, Well, that's that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: What did you just hand me, Alex? Let's do guys. It is insandy. I hope you guys are watching along on our Facebook page. Who is this from are we still on YouTube?
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's your own?
Speaker 19: Alex?
Speaker 1: Thank you Alex. That's for you finally watched Sopranos.
Speaker 6: You finally did it, and now you have your own Sopranos and Bluetooth speaker and it also connects and you have the jukebox in your house.
Speaker 2: But it's an old school jukebox like you saw the diner that is so awesome, like the one they had the Sopranos is so cool.
Speaker 1: Emergency radio for when I go camping. Uh yes, oh my gosh, in.
Speaker 3: Case it keeps my outdoor activity safe, disasters anytime, ready prepared safety, love it.
Speaker 1: Flashlights, aler, power sources. Everyone needs this.
Speaker 3: But I have it.
Speaker 1: Looks like a bar over.
Speaker 4: I know I'm going to open a bar shows.
Speaker 1: Over, fireball, Chili's opening up something.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are you opening?
Speaker 1: Is a sleeping mask?
Speaker 5: Napping?
Speaker 19: Good? Put on?
Speaker 1: So Chili's got a napping mask.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: That's going to go so well with my blackout curtains. Put it on, he says, napping queen. There you go.
Speaker 4: Keep it like that?
Speaker 5: So good?
Speaker 1: That is so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I promise there are pictures being taken and we will put some of these somewhere, wizards taking pictures at least a pizza maker.
Speaker 19: Over.
Speaker 3: It's time to play giants football, poor girl, So you wait next to.
Speaker 1: You when you're not bad, Sophia, do a shot or something? What are you doing? Who is shot? Rod? Do that one?
Speaker 8: Do this one?
Speaker 19: Here?
Speaker 7: This is from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's gonna fit perfect. Okay, did miss did miss Christina wrap this Chili? Have you ever wrapped the present?
Speaker 4: I was just gonna put your name on it on the box.
Speaker 1: Have you ever wrapped the present?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know that hell has either. Okay not since he met Mama Cash. All right, I'm opening up Chili's present right now. He did you?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was this on your trip from back from Dallas? Was on my trip back from Dallas? Like, oh yeah, everybody gets everybody everybody gets bombas socks every day.
Speaker 8: The rest is got a baby and mom.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to open up Chili's. I never blame that bottle of fire. I will never blame mis Christina for anything. She's an angel. Alright, so that's gonna be perfect for you, right yeah, O, my god, y m c A. Yeah, Chili, you gotta put it on. If you gotta love that Chili?
Speaker 8: This all right?
Speaker 2: So it's well, only Hal and Wizard will remember the Captain nintil Yeah, okay, so it is a yacht rock bill's cap.
Speaker 1: Stop. That is so funny.
Speaker 4: But then the other part of the in the boxes, Dad, how you gotta wear those? Oh my god, Alex it good, It's perfect.
Speaker 1: This is so funny. Thank you Chili. All right, hang on, I gotta put on my riprap you the wonder woman. All right, I gotta take a break. Guys, we have to take a break. I don't have to that's all right. Let's take a break. Figure out what Who hasn't opened up something yet? There are presents all over the place.
Speaker 2: All right, wait, all right, we will come back and wrap up this mess of a show. It's the annual Rod Ryan Show Christmas Party. We'll have some final thoughts with Tessa before we get out of here.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Morning.
Speaker 5: Show from six to ten am N five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. Welcome back, everybody, you love that we made any Rod?
Speaker 5: What the hell is this?
Speaker 8: What is what?
Speaker 1: What the hell is this?
Speaker 4: Tell me? Where's this box?
Speaker 5: Is this my gift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's very beautiful, very game of thronesy.
Speaker 1: That's nice that you waited until the end. What does it say? Good luck finding better co workers than us? I love it.
Speaker 4: It's perfect.
Speaker 1: Will Garrett, do you see this? I want you to drink my tears from this glass.
Speaker 5: I want you.
Speaker 1: I want you to drink a stiff one in front of Derek in that cup. Okay, I got you anything for you on the show.
Speaker 2: All right, it's it's almost nine fifty five. So everything else that we didn't get to, we're not getting to.
Speaker 6: I don't know the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I still have like ten things that I haven't opened yet.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, that's okay. I'll get to all that stuff. This is like one of my favorite things of the whole year. You know, this last show, and everybody's kind of loose, and that's not.
Speaker 1: What this show is. It's supposed to sound that way, but it never is, okay, and I hope that it sounds like that. It's always used the Seinfeld reference. There was not a television show.
Speaker 2: I know it's a real old reference now, but there wasn't a show that was more rehearsed than the Seinfeld Show, and it was supposed to meant like it was explained to me that it was supposed to be four people just hanging out and doing nothing. Yeah, and there was not a more rehearsed show in the history of television. So this show is meant to be four people hanging out and just chit chatting all the time. But there's a lot of planning, a lot of work that goes into it. This is like the one day where I kind of allow it to be like a little looser, a little a lot looser chili, like it's the Wizard, and then then it's in front of Wizard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what did you mess up? What did you think when you heard open phones music at eight ten? Reserve comment back to you that was Michelle Michelle, Oh yeah, yeah, well, you know, I kind of liked it. I think we need to talk to about Tessa a little bit more. It's been it's just you know, what an amazing run you've had, you know, and it's it's been graz It's.
Speaker 3: Been the craziest, wildest ride of my life. And in the best way, in the best way, so full disclosure, I wanted Wizard to play this one song I really liked because I had like taken out some words and added my own.
Speaker 4: But we don't have it in the system.
Speaker 1: In the system, I don't know, we really don't.
Speaker 4: But do you guys care if I try to like acapella it.
Speaker 1: Ahead and tell you can sing a little bit to you go wrong? How could get worse?
Speaker 4: And honestly, it's gonna probably be really bad.
Speaker 1: But okay, alrighty, this is this is your exit.
Speaker 4: Ready.
Speaker 26: I know you wanted me to stay, but I can't ignore these stupid games.
Speaker 1: Rud makes me play.
Speaker 26: And I heard that there's a special place where boys and girls can all be queen's. Every single day, I'm having wicked dreams of leaving Alex.
Speaker 1: P she was in life. I swear it's calling me.
Speaker 5: God, what have I done?
Speaker 1: I'm a pink pony girl and a dance at the club. Oh, darling, I'm just having fun. I'm a pink phony girl. It's where I belong down at that anyone pink.
Speaker 26: Club.
Speaker 1: That's it. You can say.
Speaker 13: All this time, you could sing, Holy craps, She'll be auditioning on amateur night at your nearest.
Speaker 3: Catch me at the open mic. When we were doing I should have not drank all that when we were going through this process. Wizard and I were going through this process last time to get in somebody, to bring in somebody after Dinah. Tessa was the last phone.
Speaker 1: Call that we made. We said, we got this chick. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's going to she's out in LA, but she's in Texas because she's going to some job fair does this reference?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a TV conference.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's some TV conference. And I said, well, listen, if she's in Texas, then let's meet her. See if she can be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I said that. So it was just like I'll call her. It's like, you got to be here tomorrow. She was like, okay, I'll be there tomorrow. Because you lived in LA at the time, but.
Speaker 3: You were I was going to fly to Corpus. Yeah, so I was gonna yeah, yeah, I was going to come go to San Antonio. I was getting ready to go to San Antonio.
Speaker 1: So you borrow your brothers. I know some of the story you bought. You borrowed your brother's car.
Speaker 3: My brother thankfully has an extra ride, and I'm just going to take it in the morning and come over here.
Speaker 4: To be here and watch the show. It's very early. We got in a car wreck that night.
Speaker 3: I was driving my sister and my little brother and sister to go get like treats, like ice cream or something, and someone t boned us in the middle of the intersection, and I told my brother's car and I called him.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, I was like, I need your insurance. He was in Vegas at the time. He was like, whose fault was it. I was like, not mine.
Speaker 3: I was like, but I need your rental insurancecause I need a rental car. I was like, I have to go do this thing in Houston. I was like, I just need to see what it's what it's about, right, And so I rent it. I got it in a rental car. I hauled up here and I did the interview and then yeah, I actually, yeah, on time. Any other body who wants this job. She was here after a car wrecking on time?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I remember that part of the story. And then you were sitting in Wizard's office and I can't remember. I was super busy.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course I was going to take the time to sit down and talk to you, But I remember running in there and I think I said, draw a picture of yourself, Like I guess whatever he was talking about. I ran in there with a clipboard and I said, draw a picture of yourself right now, like who are you?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm the guy. I'm the guy. I don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, draw a picture of yourself and uh, And I remember you doing that. And then we got a chance to talk and sit around. And you were the last person that we talked to. I mean, we had gone through, we flew people in the whole thing, and like, what.
Speaker 1: Do we have to lose.
Speaker 2: She's in Texas, let's just get her here. And then you turned out to be the one. So it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It's been a great five years.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's been awesome. Thank you, thank you for the five years. And the listeners have been out of this world. I didn't understand like you kept saying it, like, oh, the listeners, it's nothing like it. It's a whole new animal you're gonna see. And I had I really did. I learned that day.
Speaker 1: I learned.
Speaker 3: That from that day fourth So I'm just so appreciative of them. It's been my pleasure.
Speaker 1: So the search is on.
Speaker 2: We don't have anybody yet. I mean, that's the God's honest truth. We don't have anybody yet. When we come back here on January sixth, it'll be me and the twins us.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 1: Wizard's already volunteered, like you know, you know, I could like maybe, you know, hands up over here, jack up my voice a little bit.
Speaker 2: I could do rerec checks he's telling, you know, he already handed me his resume of what he's done on the air, Like great if we need it. But for everyone else, I mean, thank you so much for the five years. Hell, thank you, thank you for Hell, thank you for twenty one years. Hall has been on the show twenty one years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I still yeah. I met Hal right when I got here, and I got put together by our friend Charlie, and he said, I don't know, you two just need to meet, and I'm so glad that we met. And then I said, what do you do? And I'm like, I don't know, I don't know. Rock out with your stock out. It happened just like that. It was stupid, and then it was one of those things that like it fell out of your mouth and then the toothpaste was out of the tube and that's it. You're done. Now you got to call it rock out with your stock, I think. But so much more than that, you know that, so much more than that.
Speaker 2: How's been there for every charity, every single contest, judge, everything, you name it. He's been there, you know, Wizard, Thank you for your leadership, I guess Jesus. First, be nice if you liked something that we did on the show, Whizz, it'd be so much cooler if you enjoyed the show. All I hear about is what sucked, like the There's got to be something there that's good.
Speaker 1: Thank you for everything.
Speaker 3: Love you, love you, love you and Chila and Alex and Rod and how no one else.
Speaker 1: Can leave though and jokes yea, yeah, that's why we're starting a union, the unionized. It was a great year for ratings.
Speaker 2: It was a great year what our company cares about, for revenue, but it was just it was a great year. We accomplished so much. We did so much, the charities did well. The twentieth anniversary party was just the most crazy thing ever.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: One of the top concerts that I've ever been to.
Speaker 2: I've been to it, and we've all been to a million concerts, and I know we kind of all walked away from that saying, wow, that was something special. You know, it was just something different. It was just it was really really awesome, and uh, that was just an amazing part of this year. You know, I'll never forget it. I will absolutely never, ever ever forget it.
Speaker 1: And Mark Sherman at the very top. Yeah, big big boss, all right?
Speaker 8: Is that it?
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 6: Spootacular passing Spoos Facula Tomorrow twenty twelve, Rust Street, Cobo. What time it's going to start at Aladin. We go on at one thirty. Can watch all the football games Texans will be on.
Speaker 9: And then we'll be on.
Speaker 1: We'll come hang out with us.
Speaker 2: Adam the cop already stopped buying. He'd be coding the killer this morning. Thank you to Smoke Barbecue and catering.
Speaker 1: That food was crazy.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the rod Ryan Show family for continuing to be a family every morning with us. All right, thank you Specs for the beers and guys, all these gifts.
Speaker 1: It's crazy and chili.
Speaker 4: I'm not crying. My mom always told me, just an FYI, we're ugly criers.
Speaker 1: That's not something you want to do in public. That's it is. Jeremy up next.
Speaker 2: He's up next, all right, so best I can tell, somebody's got to clean this place up.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll help, I'll help, all right.
Speaker 2: Guys for the year, thank you, have an awesome Christmas season with your friends and your family.
Speaker 1: I love every single one of you. For one final time, for twenty twenty four, a m as.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 24: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.