Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them dives makes the cat backhand signed Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot. We're waiting for you. Benk You're looking real hot. Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series? I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klass.
Speaker 2: Padres fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers first place atop the NL West thirty eight and twenty five on this season. After a four and three homestand against the New York teams, the Dodgers now hit the road for a six game road trip, first stop Saint Louis, then a three game series against the Padres. But first things first, Justin Robleski on the mound, called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma, City. He'll get the start. First pitch from Rainy Bush Stadium in Saint Louis is coming up at five point fifteen. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Massey's gonna go one on one with Max Monty. We've got your Dodgers magical moment Shortley. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will stop by and in just a few minutes we will check in with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday out the Galpin Motors Broadcast you booth Well. Yesterday at Dodgers Stadium, Landon Knack got the start for the Dodgers. He went into the fourth inning three to third officially four runs, four hits, three home runs, walked five. Pete Alonso got the fun started in this second with the solo home run, and then the Mets with a pair of home runs and a sack fly and the third jumped out to a four to nothing lead over the Dodgers. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, got back into it in the third Mookie Bets and RBI double that got the Dodgers on the board down four to one. Will Smith, with an RBI single made it forward to two, and then ta Oscar Hernandez a fielder's choice scoring Mookie Betts that got the Dodgers within one, down four to three. It remained that way all the way till the eighth inning. Jose Arena on in relief Pete Alonzo, who was a Dodger killer over the four games, in RBI single He had nine RBI in the four game series against the Dodgers. As the Mets were up five to three in the bottom of the eighth inning, though the Dodgers got a little magic going as Mookie Betts had a leadoff walk. Will Smith then an RBI double made it a five to four game. Will Smith won out later at third base, ninety feet away from tying up the game. With Andy put at the plates.
Speaker 7: Oh two pitch s one unrolled third, Will's gonna come to the plate on contact.
Speaker 5: Now he's gonna get a rundown.
Speaker 8: Though the ball Well Smith played will change directional scores.
Speaker 3: It's a tie game. What a weird play. Smith came home.
Speaker 4: He stopped the throw was in the dirt to the catcher, hit the ground, pop fIF in the air. Garrett, the pitcher, was right behind the catcher, but when Garrett caught the ball, he was blocked could not get to the plate to tag out Smith's.
Speaker 1: What a wild play? Will Smith slides in safely. Brett beaties throw a one hot to the catcher Francisco Alvarez, who couldn't pick it and make the play clean. Reed Garrett, who was backing him up, caught the ball, but Alvarez was standing in front of Garrett, blocking the plate, allowing Will Smith to slide in safely, something you don't see very often in baseball. Dodgers will take it all tied up in five, they two outs up came Michael Conforto, who, going into it had not had a base it with a runner in scoring position since March thirty firsts until yesterday.
Speaker 7: Well, Conforida looking out and Garrett out of the stretch, He'll deliver to him and it's.
Speaker 8: A base hit till left failed hat has is gonna turn third.
Speaker 3: He will score.
Speaker 8: Rounding second on his way to thirdest freedom Michael Conforto for his first hit with a runner in scoring position since the month of March puts the Dodgers in the lead six to five.
Speaker 4: So Confordo had been one for two and that was a double and the other times that he has faced Garrett didn't waste any time. Well, Michael Confordo saying turn the page, he was zero for thirty with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 1: Michael Confordo delivers though with a single to left Dodgers with three runs in the eighth inning take a six to five lead. Tanner Scotts, who started this series with the blown save, picked up his save on Tuesday night and then yesterday strikes out a pair ballgame over. Tanner Scott closes it out. Dodgers come back and beat the Mets six to five. Alex Vesia the win. Tanner scott Is eleven save of the season, Dodgers their twenty first come from behind win of the year. They split the foury game series with the Mets. They go four and three on the homestand and oh yeah, the Giants yesterday helped them out with the winner with the Padres. So the Dodgers going into play today a two game lead in the NL West at thirty eight and twenty five, and now they hit the road in rainy Saint Louis to start a three game series against the Cardinals. It's Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch from bush Dandium at five point fifteen and with more we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth and welcome in Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 7: Some showers in the area, but we should be okay for the ball game tonight as the Dodgers and Cardinals get set for game one of this three game weekend set. Dodgers thirty eight and twenty five, two games on top of the padres, three ahead of the Giants and the West standings. Cardinals thirty four and twenty eight, still five games behind the Chicago Cubs. Will just keep rolling along in the Central. Cardinals right now a half game out of the wild card. Believe it or not, we're starting to look at the wild card standings at this point in the season. Justin Robleski called up from TRIPAA, Oklahoma City. The left he will make the start today. He's won in one of the big league level. Veteran Sonny Gray, the right hander is six and one, three sixty five. His earned run average, he'll go against the Dodgers and Mo Tonight, the Dodgers get Dalton rushing behind the plate in the first game of this series. With a day game tomorrow, Will Smith expected to start, and Dalton talking to me today about how he is still adjusting and being pitched a little differently and he's still trying to figure all that stuff out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The other part, too, is when you begin to figure it out, then you go to a different team has a different style of pitching staff. By that I'm talking about one staff may be more fastball, maybe sliders, the other stuff maybe off speed. So you're constantly analyzing how teams are pitching to you, not only overall, but in certain situations of ball games. I understand too. You know there's scouts in the stands, and I'm certain that the Saint Louis Cardinals got a full report, as did the Dodgers on the Cardinals itself, so he spared to look at tendencies, which leads me to the other thing. If you're going to pitch the show, Hey, O Toani, how do you pitch to him? Because the last thirty one games, hitting a three twelve, nineteen home runs, twenty nine RBIs and in the same conversation, how do you pitch to Freddy Freeman in this ballpark? Because career in thirty nine games here at Bush Stadium in Saint Louis, Freddy Freeman has hit three ninety two and they've had difficulty even trying to get him out occasionally.
Speaker 7: Right, And Freddy's back in the lineup again tonight, obviously, but yeah, he has hit exceptionally well here. Tommy Edman is back in Saint Louis. He was a cardinal and a good woman. He was very busy earlier today he had to have a press conference for the Saint Louis media and he's just been shaking hands and kissing babies since he's been back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when you arrive here from the visiting team on the bus, you go through a security gate. Then you've had a long walk.
Speaker 3: You get to the.
Speaker 4: Cardinals clubhouse locker room first, then you have to continue the walk, he says, first time he'd even been that far down the hallway. And now he's in a different locker room, a different dugout. And I'm certain that he will be fan friendly and appreciate it when he comes to home play tonight.
Speaker 7: Interesting thought about the number of times the Cardinals and the Dodgers have played. You realize that these two franchises go all the way back to competing in eighteen ninety two, So from eighteen ninety two to twenty twenty four, only nine games separate them. In other words, the Dodgers have won one thousand and forty nine while the Cardinals have won one thousand and forty. If you've been playing since the late eighteen nineties in you're only nine games apart. That's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: There's also a lot of ties that you look at between the Cardinals and the Dodgers organization wise, you're a back to nineteen twenty the Cardinals were moving into a different Baultpark at the time. Who was the head as far as the general manager of the Cardinals at the time, branch Ricky, and he had the idea of establishing farm system and starting with affiliation of minor league teams in Houston initially. So yeah, you talk about, well, great franchises him, There's been different people that have had a footprint, if not a fingerprint, in both of.
Speaker 7: Them, and connections between the Cardinals in Southern California start with Nolan Ronado. You look at Lars newtpar Newpark out of USC and lives in El Segundo. Still, but there's a lot of Southern California connections between these two teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the other part two very quickly. You just talking about the Cardinals and the Dodgers. I think, first of all, two iconic uniforms, but more importantly, from an organizational standpoint, these two organizations, over decades and decades and decades, they always been looked at as fundamentally sound organizations. How they teach at the minor league level, how carries over to the major league level, and for both of these affiliations, they don't want to beat themselves with the glove or with base running.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Cardinals, Game one of a three game weekend set here in Saint Louis. Sonny Gray the right hander for the Cars. It's Justin Robleski, the South Paul pitching for the Dodgers. Tonight, Tim All.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza shakin Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David vas Say, our Dodger insider. Throughout the pregame show, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Justin Robleski being called up to get the start. But up next your O Taani rewind and we visit it with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals. First pitch from Saleou has set for five to fifteen. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Cardinals, the start of a three game weekend set. From Saying louis Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers. Sonny Gray, we'll get this start for the Cardinals. We'll dive deeper into numbers between these two guys. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch from Bush Stadium set for five to fifteen.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 7: One one swinging a little dribbler toward the middle. That's gotta get thrown the outfield of base hit Ronald thanks checond and heading for third Rojas a seeing eye single for show Hey Otani. Now the Dodgers have two on and one out A show, Hey Otani. One for two They sitting a run. Scort swings hits it on the ground right side past the diving McNeil in the right field on the base hit first pitch single for Otani and the tying runners aboard for Mookie Betts.
Speaker 1: Show, Hey Otani. Two for four Yesterday a run scored, struck out twice, but got that batting average up to two ninety five on the season show Hey Otani. Part of that eighth inyan spark for the Dodgers. They scored three in the inning to come back as they beat the Mets yesterday six to five.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hen Kirson now joins us from Saint Louis. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seventy seven Cars for Kids Right now friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's cars with the K to donate your car today Dodgers in Saint Louis. It's a homecoming for.
Speaker 9: It really is. And if you think about last year, just when he was traded to the Dodgers, he was on the il, so we didn't even really get to have like that proper goodbye of the organization. Of course, it was just you find out you're getting traded, You pack your bags. Next thing you know, you go on a flight to San Diego because that's where the Dodgers were playing at the time. And then of course just to continue coming back from injury. So it definitely happened all of a sudden. He wasn't astily expecting the trade things like that.
Speaker 1: But obviously he's so grateful for it.
Speaker 9: Of course we know what happened, winning the World Series and winning the NLCS MVP, then an extension with its organization, so all of that excitement was to come for him. But to be back here, he said, you know, it comes with a lot of really positive memories. This is where he started his career, his big League call up, the huge moments, things like that, so you know, for him to have had such an incredible time with the Cardinals wearing red. He's incredibly grateful for it. He did admit that it was his first time, of course, being in the visiting clubhouse today. It was kind of like where are the bad in cages? Was in the training room and things like that. Felt a little confused coming ins. He's so used to going to the home side, but a special return. A lot of really good memories here, but even better ones, I think it's fair to say with his new organization and hopefully more to come moving forward.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Justin Robleski on the mound called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. We saw land and Neck yesterday. I talked about it on Dodger Talk after the game yesterday. Curious, did these young arms because of injuries have been given opportunities, Bobby Miller, Justin Robleski, land and Neck. These guys got to start making the most of these opportunities. They really do.
Speaker 9: They have to kind of seize the this time because look, as we know, in this league, it's not guaranteed, and when you have the runway, you gotta take it. And right now we saw what land and Neck. They've kind of runway that he was provided. Unfortunately, yesterday the Mets were able to get to him in some big moments. As much as he had a sharp first ending, he just wasn't commanding the stuff where he needed to be. And even he said afterwards like he was just like, it's time for me to get out of my head and just start pitching. And hopefully, when you look to today's game with Justin Robleski, another young pitcher, hopefully he can do just that. When you look at what his outings have looked like at the big league level, he's only had two and the first one was not great. There's no a fan butts about it, and he kind of had to wear it to be honest. And then the second one he was really good against the A's. And so if he can just continue with that, Dave said that adds of late they've seen some positive strides at him. They know he has the stuff to be effective. Of course, it just starts with that fastball command. So if he can do that, he should be in a good spot. Yeah, we're gonna see what happens, but hopefully with Justin Robleski he can kind of just set the tone in this one whenever that might be.
Speaker 1: We will see Justin Robleski again. One of these young arms of Dodgers need a little length out, especially going into this six game roach Im Kirston. We appreciate it. We'll check o with you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Who will preview this bitching matchup? David Van Stag goes one on one with Max Muncie. But up next we get you at injury report an we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Cardinals. First pitch from Saint Louis is coming up at five pint fifteen. I'm Tim Kasees, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: On your home for the Blue all season, long, long long.
Speaker 1: Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday, as we can lead you up to first pitch from Saint Louis. It's the Dodgers and the Cardinals Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Justin Robleski and Sonny Gray the pitching matchup first pitch set for five point fifteen.
Speaker 6: This is the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 1: Where's any by UCLA healthy? Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kirby Yates is soon coming back, as is Michael Kopak. Both on the injured list, Tyler Glass now Blake Snell probably in that next wave behind them. As far as injuries to pitchers are concerned. Luis Garcia on the il the right ad doctor injury she and keep talking about him. He's in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, working his way back, building himself back up after Tommy John surgery. He could be that next starter also to help out this Dodgers team. As far as one of the young guys is concerned, Rookie Sasaki is still out with that right shoulder impingement. All right, we head back out the Bush Stadium in checking with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I think good. I think that the stuff is good. As far as fastball, the secondary mix, I think for him is just kind of like any pitcher as highest sequence and how you command the baseball. But he's coming off a couple of good ones in the minors, So I feel good about tonight.
Speaker 12: Do you think that's when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to how the protection from the bullpen?
Speaker 9: And I know we've talked about Kirby Yate's Michael Copek potentially returning this weekend.
Speaker 12: That's still a potential, if not hurt tend for today for this weekend.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think as far as coverage where we're at, we feel good where we're at. Obviously, it's contingent upon today's tonight's starter. Kirby and Copek, they will be back at some point. I'm sure one will be activated this weekend and one, if not.
Speaker 1: Both, but oh yeah, we'll find out this weekend which one comes back? Is it Kirby Yates first? Is it Michael Kopek? Both expected to come off the engine list at some point on this roadchip, which again continues in San Diego Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but starts tonight in Saint Louis. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck? We will check in with the David Vaz saying, is we're leaning up to first bitch Dodgers and Cardinals from rainy Saint Louis. We'll find out the latest next. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio know.
Speaker 6: Where when you want Dodgers, the only home is AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 13: With the weather heating up in summer around the corner of the official grilling season is upon us and nobody does it better than Happy hot Dogs. Just like the Boys in Blue have a complete roster, Hofey has an all star roster with their top quality Beat Franks Bacon Wrap hot Dogs and natural casing Beat Frank Burner.
Speaker 2: Haffey hot Dogs have been delivering great taste in quality to Angelina's for nearly one hundred years. Getting ready for the next game by picking up your favorite Hopey hot Dogs from your local grocer or visiting hofebrand dot com to find the location nearest you.
Speaker 1: Haffey local and so great.
Speaker 14: Like our championship winning Boys in Blue, your Southern California Chevy dealers have star talent at every position, leading off the number one selling full sized pickup in Southern California, Chevy Silverado with nine unique trims to choose from, including ZR two designed for maximum off road performance and capability with features like an off road cut front bumper and two inch factory lift, no roads are no problem. Looking for a bold and sporty, high performance pickup that's rst from its aggressive style to its responsive field. It's an energizing presence that really stands out. And for the ultimate combination of luxury and capability, there's High Country offering premium leather seating and a five point three liter V eight engine figure both.
Speaker 3: Comfortable and in command.
Speaker 14: Stop buy and drive one home today or shop now at Socalchevy dot com based on SMP Global Mobility and new retail registrations using large pickup segmentation called eight four four fifty five Chevy or seed Eater for details.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is apingham Zalez.
Speaker 15: Daniels Jewelers is a proud sponsor of the Trip Around the Diamond and Your Family Jewelers. Since nineteen forty eight, Daniels is giving every fan a voucher for a free team bracelet and fifty dollars off any ninety nine dollars purchase. Visit Daniels Joelers dot com slash baseball to get your voucher. That's Daniels Joelers dot Com Slash Baseball. You can redeem at any of the one hundred Daniels Jewelers stores nationwide.
Speaker 3: Own the Dream with Daniels Joelers. I can afford to follow my dreams.
Speaker 16: I can afford to do whatever I put my mind to.
Speaker 3: I can afford college.
Speaker 17: Start your future at a California community college. Financial aid is available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: I can afford to invest in myself and my future. It's time to take the next big step.
Speaker 17: Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today at I can go to college dot.
Speaker 8: Com dosh max the cash right on the water track.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans get ready for a buret Night celebrating LGBTQ Plus Pride Night at Dodger Stadium on Friday, June thirteenth, versus the San Francisco Giants, a night to show dedication and support for the LGBTQ plus community of fans, friends and family. Purchase a special ticket package and receive an exclusive Pride Night jersey presented by Blue Shield of California. For tickets and information, visit Dodgers dot Com slash Promotions.
Speaker 5: As we were saying.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: And soon Dodgers in Saint Louis to take on the cardinal start of a three game weekend set. J Justin Robleski gets the call. He gets called up from Triple A. First pitch coming up at five point.
Speaker 6: Fifteen, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, DV, we understand the tarpa is on the infield. What's the latest as far as first pitch is concerned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tarp is still on the field. Rain is still falling here at Bush Stadium, and we just got word from the Dodgers in Major League Baseball that this game will not start on time. They will give us an update on when this game will start on time, but hopefully it passes through in the next thirty to forty minutes. That's what they're expecting, and that's why they don't want to start this game and be interrupted like the Dodgers and Mets were on the last road trip. But rain has certainly followed the Dodgers the last couple of times away from Los Angeles. Even in La there was rain, so they can't get away from it. And this is really more about the Cardinals. They got their ace on the mountain night and sunny gray. They don't want to waste him. So this is starting in a delay, but shouldn't be too long of a wait until first pitch is thrown, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we got a little bit of time here to talk of baseball DV yesterday. How big was that hit for Michael Conforto in the eighth inning?
Speaker 5: Every player I talked to you said it was huge for his psyche, his confidence. We all know the struggles he's had. That base hit in the eighth inning was his first hit with a runner in scoring position since March. Here's what Confordo had to say after the game yesterday about the struggles and what that hit may mean for him.
Speaker 18: It's frustrating. I mean, it's it's part of the game's part of baseball. But you know, there comes a time when you know you got to start performing, you got to start, you know, doing something for your team, and you know sometimes that makes it a little bit harder to stomach the bat at bats but you just got to keep moving forward and keep working. And you know, that's that's what I've been trying to keep my mind focused on.
Speaker 5: Confordo has that type of personality tim where it's very steady, but you could see there was a difference in his demeanor even today when he came out for batting practice. By the way, way, Dodger batting practice was cut short because the rain was starting to fall, So only one group of Dodger hitters were able to take batting practice today before the rain started to fall about an hour ago.
Speaker 1: David has driven by Ford it. There's one thing we like, of course's choices. Find yours at the four f one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the f one fifty. With the Dodgers in Saint Louis, that means the return to Busch Stadium for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: David, Yeah, And there was so much demand for Tommy Edmund before the game that the Dodgers had to set up a pseudo press conference for him and the Dodger dugout before the game. I was there, and here's what Tommy had to tell us about his return to Busch Stadium for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers at last year's deadline.
Speaker 12: I don't really know how to answer that question.
Speaker 19: I think maybe once I start playing, Potentially it is a little different because walking into the end of the stadium, we coming through the same entrance in the parking lot, but we're going through a different doors.
Speaker 12: Okay, this is different.
Speaker 19: And then see the visiting clubhouse, which I actually had never even been inside before, and I'd been in this stadium for, you know, five years, and I had to ask where the visiting batting cage was in training room and all that stuff. So yeah, it is I think, just experiencing that, experiencing this stadium from a different point of view, I think, so yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I asked Tommy Edmond about whether or not he believes this will give him some certain sense of closure because he came up through the Cardinals organization. He was hurt when he got traded, so he wasn't really even around his team, and I guess talking to the Saint Louis media around here and Mike Claiborn from the Cardinals radio network, there is great anticipation that when Edmund comes to the plate for the first time, tonight he will get a standing ovation a lah Freddie Freeman in Atlanta. I remember Chase Suttley in Philadelphia, David Freese when the Dodgers came back here. So Edmund should get that type of reception when he steps to the plate for the first time tonight.
Speaker 1: Injury wise, DV, how's that ankle for Tommy yet man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know Dodger fans don't really care about his coming home party here in Saint Louis. They care about his right ankle. And it's good news that he played yesterday and he's in the starting lineup today at second base. And here's what he said about the right ankle and whether or not it's going to be something that he has to keep an eye on the rest of the year.
Speaker 19: I just do it a lot of you know, ankle rehabs stuff, a lot of stability, a lot of kind of foot intrinsic muscle type stuff, just to stabilize everything around there so that it doesn't, uh doesn't get into bad positions basically, and you know, just staying on top of all the soft tissue stuff as well.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think it's the sliding.
Speaker 19: I think it's more of like if I got to make a quick like kind of change of direction. But that's most of the time that that doesn't It's it's more just like kind of abrupt situations. So for the most part, nothing really bothers it. Sliding does bother at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I asked Tommy whether or not he wants to go head first from now on, so he gave us a pretty detailed explanation on what aggravates that right ankle.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave time now to pick the horses out in Santa Anita, and we're looking at tomorrow's first race at Santa Anita. Of course, a full day of racing tomorrow. You got the Belmont Stakes, which we'll pick tomorrow with the early Dodger game. But we're picking tomorrow's first race, one mile on the dirt, currently a seven horse field. Who do you like?
Speaker 5: Well? Since I was on the same bus with shoe Heo Tani to the ballpark today, Tim Neverett was there too, I'm going with Time song the number one horse, kaz Shoey Kazu Shai Camurou is the jockey. I completely butchered that name, but that's what I'm going all right.
Speaker 1: Time Song, the number one horse. I'm gonna go blame the good times, the four horse. Blame the good times. All right, DV appreciate it. We will check back in with you in just a little bit. Don't forget just a few weekends to go at San Anita Park as they celebrate ninety years of horse racing every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts. Get on track with the Belmont Day Wine Festival. That's tomorrow, Father's Day, closing Day. That's next weekend experience at all at san Anita dot Com slash events. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Max Months. Yeah, that's coming up about fifteen minutes. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere. It's leading up to Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Cardinals from Sant Louis started at three game set. Looks like first pitch will not be at five point fifteen. The tarp is still on the field, but it is a weather system that is fast moving through downtown San Louis, so this game will get in but not scheduled as normal. At five point fifteen, Justin Robuski and Sonny Gray. The pitching matchup coming up. We'll hear from Max Monsey. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but.
Speaker 16: First, I got a hot dog who wants.
Speaker 3: The hot cut.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: With the Dodgers taking on the Cardinals, we go back to October sixth, twenty twenty one. It was a cool afternoon at Dodgers Stadium for the wild Card game between the Dodgers and Cardinals. Max Schurzer started the game pitch four and third innings, allowed one to one on three hits. Tommy Evans scored the Cardinals running the first inting on a bloop single stolen base in a wild pitch. Adam Wainwright went five at a third innings for the Cardinals, allowing only a solo home run told Red turn two Justin Turner in the fourth inning, the game was tied at one. Main tide at one until the bottom of the ninth, when up came c t three.
Speaker 4: Rays on two and one, Taylor flip all the left and deep and dun.
Speaker 16: Chris Taylor, oh walk off home run.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are.
Speaker 16: Walking off to San Francisco. They win the wild Card three to one. Here comes Taylor to the plate. They are bobbing him. The crown is going crazy.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers advance to the National League Division Series with one the mighty swing by Chris Taylor.
Speaker 1: Chris Taylor with the two run walk off home run in the bottom of the ninth, name off Alex reyes Is. The Dodgers beat the Cardinals three to one in the twenty twenty one Wild Card Game at Dodgers Stadium. This Offee magical moment brought to my Hoffey hot Dogs Haffe soa cass local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offfey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday and Davidsay as we lead you up to first pitch. First pitch not scheduled on time rain in St. Louis. It's gonna push through in this game will get underway, but not as scheduled at five point fifteen. We're leading you up the Dodgers and Cardinals though I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap.
Speaker 10: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on the road to start a six game road trip in Saint Louis for the first of three against the Cardinals. Justin Robleski, the left hander called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. The twenty four year old make his second and start this yere Sonny Gray will go for the Cardinals. First bench from Saint Louis coming up. Schedule for five point fifteen, but we will start in a rain delay as the Dodgers and Cardinals will wait for this weather system to pass through. The tarf is on the field. The game will get played tonight, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: But first and now.
Speaker 6: Joined by David Mass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick Monday, I don't know about you, but I have mixed feelings coming back to Saint Louis. Growing up a Dodger fan. Why is it?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 5: Number one, I think about Ozzie Smith's home run in Game five of the eighty five NLCS. I think back to.
Speaker 4: The take it off the phone with Tom Neon If you're what.
Speaker 5: No, I mean you ruined that for me too, because.
Speaker 4: Tom is a matter of fact, there's going to be in Los Angeles. I believe next to comstwn Well, you ruined that whole front of mine and a former teammate of mine.
Speaker 5: I know you introduced me and Tom needen Feur is one of the nicest guys I've ever.
Speaker 4: Met, exactly. That's the reason I brought it up, because he is. He's a wonder guy. In fact, okay, he gave up the home run to Ozzie Smith, he also gave up home run to Jack Clark. I do know that Tom has been here in Saint Louis recently and did an appearance with Jack Clark. I mean, yeah, and their friends they understand it. Here's the other part too, is yeah, it hurts, there's no question about it. But it's in competition and stuff happens. I mean, who would have thought that would have happen? Is great drama you're competing as best you can at that particular moment, and one's going to succeed in the end.
Speaker 5: Was not yes, but that was heartbreaking in.
Speaker 4: Nineteen that was absolutely well. Imagine what it was like for Tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did he handle it?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that a lot of people surrounded him by saying, hey, look the reason you're here. For example, in a fantasy camp a number of years ago, there were some teammates of mine from nineteen eighty one. Well, Tom Needenfeer was up briefly in nineteen eighty one towards the end of the season, and Tom did not come up when I called up some of my other guys and I asked all of them to come up. They were part of the one team, and I asked him publicly right then on the PA system, Tom, why aren't you coming up? He goes, I didn't have that much to do. I said, no, your family forever. And that's where you start to rally around one another. It's painful down there. These guys don't show it, but trust me, they take it home with them.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it. And certainly the Dodgers and Cardinals have such a rivalry that the win loss record regular season wise, Rick, forget about the postseason, and those battles are a difference of one or two games.
Speaker 4: And I think if you look at these teams, we'll go another way. Has nothing to do with the competition. I think two of the iconic uniforms in Major League Baseball, no doubt, I mean, no question about it.
Speaker 5: Did you ever see Stan Musual play Rick? Since we're talking Cardinals Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Don't recall if I did or not. To be honest with you, I saw him on television plenty of times. I don't recall seeing him in person with that pekaboo stance that he had. It's like he was trying to peek around the corner of a building to see what was happening in the next street. But boy, he could play.
Speaker 5: I know Rick needs a lot of security when he comes into the stadium here at Busch Stadium, But have you seen the statue outside of Bush Stadium of that batting stance you're describing its stay unusual.
Speaker 4: Well, we come in a different way, but I have seen it in the past, and yeah, it's kind of a peekaboo stands you go. Well, first of all, he's coiled up, and he was able to generate a lot of energy in the swing itself. But I think you're looking at it too very storied franchises. If you're looking at the Cardinals and the Dodgers over the years, when you.
Speaker 5: Came here for Old Bush Stadium as a broadcaster, where the conditions a little less comfortable than what they are right now.
Speaker 4: Oh, they were very much different than they are right now, including air conditioning, including the fact even as a player. I mean, keep in mind, this place gets rather hot during the summer, does it not, Yes, And there was artificial surface it would burn your feet. In fact, it just jogged my memory. I looked over in the right field once when I was with the Chicago cubsse Cardinal was playing in right field. He had asked them of his Cardinal friends, quote unquote, hey, what can I do? Because it was going to be like over one hundred degrees The field temperature was like one hundred and thirty. They put thermometers on it, and it was amazing. Somebody in the local television Friday and egg on the surface. I mean, it was that type of a just sweltering hot. And I looked over to Jose and it was like he was doing the Mexican hat dance. His feet were burning. The reason they were burning, they played a trick on him. They told him to put aluminum foil in the lining of his shoes. And he'd been out there for three or four innings, his feet were baking. He ran into the dugout and put his foot in the five gallon buckets of ammonia water that we put the towels in to try and stay fresh. But it was also so hot here. You would have to change uniforms maybe twice, maybe three times during a game. And as a broadcaster, I remember Vin and Ross Porter too, we would bring a change of clothes if we were leaving from Saint Louis and flying somewhere else because you would be absolutely soaked, even in the broadcast booth.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. That's some of the stuff that as a player and a broadcaster you have that unique up or so you.
Speaker 4: Have it great. Now we're in the in the broadcast booth, and this thing called air conditioning, because the old the old broadcast booth Cincinnati was the same way it was. It was all concrete. Philadelphia was that way, all concrete, and it retained the heat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really does. And as far as this goes, it's a really nice ballpark. I would say, despite us being in Saint Louis, this is a great ballpark.
Speaker 4: Have you been to the museum?
Speaker 5: I have, and I held Stan Musual's bat once and I held lou Brock's actual bat once.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's amazing they allow fans to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you drop something.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just letting you know. I had that experience of holding Legends bats and.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought that up because that's exactly what it used to be used to have the Bowl Hall of Fame right outside the door of the old stadium, which.
Speaker 5: Was heck, I gotta take Mookie bets there.
Speaker 4: Stone through.
Speaker 5: Thanks Rick, We'll check back in with you and Tim Never a little bit later. We'll leave it right there.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates, all right, thank you guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes they can fill up quickly, so enrolled today. At I can go to college dot Com. Still they come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper into this pitch he matchup. We'll also go high and tight when we come back with Max Muncy Dodgers in St. Louis to take on the Cardinals. First pitch will be delayed because of rain in the Saint Louis area. Scheduled to blow through. This game will get underway, but not on time. As we lead you up to that, I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Cardinals weather in Saint Louis. This game will not start on time, but we don't expect a long delay it which stadium more than that coming up, Justin Robleski and Sonny Gray was off to a six and one start for the Cardinals. That is the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench Sushi. Enjoyants with the game. It's quick and affordable. The whole family can enjoy it. Zench sushi is made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition. You can taste it. They got the spicy tuna rolls, the tempura shrimp rolls, the salmon rolls, my personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon roll. They also got the poke bowls. They got platters you can get as well. It said the Zen she counter near the deli counter ed Ralph Zen. She handcrafted, Sue. She always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: David, and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are in Saint Louis and I'm joined right now by my guy Dodger third baseman, Max Munsey, who has a great event coming up on June twelfth. It's Uncork for a Cause. It's going to benefit the wildfire recovery and youth programs for the La Dodger Foundation and the YMCA. If you want to attend for a great cause and meet Max Munsey, maybe get a signed wine bottle. Go to Uncork for a Cause. Dot Com Monsey thanks a lot for the time and can't wait to see you out there.
Speaker 12: Thanks for having me. It's gonna be a fun event. I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Are you a big wine drinker?
Speaker 12: I wouldn't say I'm a huge wine drinker, but you know I enjoy glass every now and then, and especially if Freddy's picking the bottle, he always gets some good stuff.
Speaker 5: Now, an event like this would intimidate people like me. Can you put everybody's minds at ease that you can get in you could support a cause and not feel intimidated by a fancy charity?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Absolutely, you know, it's kind of everybody, and it's it's one of those things where there's gonna be tons of items that are available for auction, you know, and some will be cheaper, some will be a little more expensive. But the only thing to know is that all of the proceeds from that one hundred percent of it are going to help the wildlife relief efforts or the wildfire relief efforts. And you know, to me, that was the most important thing. Uncork for a Cause reached out to us about, you know, hey, we'd like to do doing a you know, an event with you guys. Is there a charity you'd like to support, and you know, Kelly immediately kind of looked at me and was like, hey, we could do something to help out, you know, the fire relief stuff. And you know, for us sitting at home, you know, during the off season, watching just the pure devastation happen really hit us hard. You know, for us being an as long as we've been, and you know, seeing how we've become a part of the community. We've built our home there, our kids have grown up there. You know, LA is as much at home to us as anywhere else now at this point, and so to see that kind of devastation was truly heartbreaking to us, and you know, we wanted to find a way to reach out and help. And when on Cork for cause, you know, came at us to say, hey we can throw an event. Is there a charity like I said, Kelly immediately was like, hey, this is a good opportunity. We should do this, and so we kind of jumped on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the month sees certainly have been a big part of the La fabric playing for the Dodgers since twenty eighteen, and so many of us want to do so much more, but things like this that present themselves certainly can make a difference.
Speaker 12: Yes, it really can. And for those that aren't able to attend, there's still a way you can. You know, you can sign up on the website and the items that aren't bought at the event can still be you know, you can still have a chance to you know, get in there even if you're not attending the event. So that way we're you know, we're hoping everything goes and like I said, one hundred scent of the proceeds are going to go help out people. And you know, we got some really cool items. We got some wine bottles, we got some bats, some balls with some jerseys and you know they're all signed by the players, and it's just it's it's gonna be really fun event, and you know, it's just it'll be a nice night for one to kind of get away from baseball and you know, just enjoy each other's company and you know, do do something good for the community.
Speaker 5: On corkfor Cause dot com is where you can bid on those items and also buy your event tickets for June twelfth. It's right around the corner. Max Munsey is our guest, all right, getting away from a great cause and into baseball month. See, you certainly have turned your season around since the beginning of May. Everybody's looking at those eyeglasses sunglasses, but there's gotta be more than just that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it is hard to deny that I started playing better as soon as I started wearing them. But you know, for me, it was just find refinding the confidence of myself. You know, you get off to that kind of start, and it's tough to deal with, especially at the beginning of the season. You know, threat throughout the course of seven eight months, everyone's going to go through a slump at some point. Unfortunately, I just happened to have one right out of the gate, and that makes it look worse than what it actually is. And you know, I was hitting the ball hard, it just wasn't getting any results for it. And you know, I obviously wasn't having any power numbers. And for a guy like me, that's kind of tough when you know that's what everyone looks for when it comes to me. And you know, finally getting some success with that has you know, really given me, you know, just newfound confidence back in myself. And you know, any positivity you can get in this game goes a long way.
Speaker 5: Everybody talked about the Soto shuffle when you were playing the Mets, but when you were hitting those home runs against the Yankees and Mets, I know when you got your confidence back by the way you just flip your bat and just your demeanor when you get a hold of one. Am I seeing it correctly? The confidence is back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean a couple of those were you know, a little emotional.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: I talked about that the second one the other day after the mistake I made. And you know, people always ask me where the bat flips come from, and that's usually it's just the emotion coming out of me at the time. It's never planned. It's just, you know, that's just what comes out. And you know, I'm glad that everyone has fun with it and they enjoy it. And you know, for me, it was always just a thing that you know, we're celebrating a home run. It was never about any you know, anyone on the other side. It's never ever been about that. It's just been about me and the team and the teammates, and you know, I try to keep it that way.
Speaker 5: Uncork for Acus dot Com is the website for the great event that the month Sees are hosting on June twelfth. Max Munsey is our guest. Speaking of another teammate. You've been talking about him, other guys have been supporting him, Michael Conforto. How big of a hit was that for him yesterday? And a big win for you guys?
Speaker 12: Oh, it was huge. You know, we were all so pumped in the dugout one. It gave us a lead in too. Just for Mikey to get that hit. You know, that's something that can change your season around right there. You get a big hit in that situation and you know, as I was just talking about, you get a little positivity, a little confident backing yourself. That can be all the difference you need in the world. You can tinker with mechanics and you know, approaches and anything you want, but if you don't have any confidence in yourself, it's tough. And you know, I don't I'm not speaking for Mikey on that. I don't know what he's been going through, but for me personally, if you're in that moment and you get that big hit, sometimes that changes things for me. When we were in Arizona, I got, you know, the big hitoff Ginkle to kind of tie the game up or get us wonder and closer, And for me, that was kind of what started changing things around for me. And so you know, you get a big hit in that moment that can change your season.
Speaker 5: It seemed like for Tanner Scott that tenth inning to set up your heroics, the team's heroics, striking out Soto and Alonso to get you guys to the bottom of the tenth inning. And then yesterday, same thing for a closer.
Speaker 12: I would imagine it's for everybody. It doesn't matter what your position is. You know, closing is one of the hardest things to do in this game. You have to have a different mindset to be able to do that. And you know, for for Tanner those two innings, he looked like the Tanner Scott that we've seen in the past. And you know, as I said postgame one of those days, the stuff just from the side just felt like I had a little bit more jump on. It felt a little bit crisper. And you know, the vela can always say whatever the villa wants, but you can notice things from the side in the batter's box, the ball just feels different sometimes. And you know, for me, it just looked. It looked different coming out of his hand. It looked good.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, you talked about the defense. I saw Mookie Betts working with you the other day. How much has MOOKI clicked with you as far as the left side of the infield and just what he was showing you.
Speaker 12: Oh, he's been huge. You know, he's been helping me out a bunch. He's just trying to, you know, help me understand things. And we we we bounce ideas, you know, back and forth off of each other. And you know, for Mookie, he had to gain a wealth of knowledge, you know, transferring from the outfield back to shortstop. And you know, for him, he feels like getting that wealth of knowledge, he can help spread that to me. And you know, he talks about a lot of stuff that I've never even thought about on defense before. And so it's it's he's been you know, I'm believably helpful. And again he's been trying to help me get my confidence back over there. And you know, it's one of those things where we're out there every single day and we're we're talking, we're communicating, and it's been been amazing having him over there.
Speaker 5: It's amazing to have Max Mounsey back for another year. Two time World Series champion. Him and his wife Kelly obviously have their hearts for all those affected by the wildfires, and the event Uncork for a Cause is on June twelfth to benefit all those and you can get tickets at uncorkfor a Cause dot com. Max, thanks a lot for the visit. You know we love you and we'll have a we'll have a celebration, a happy flight to San Diego after this series in good old Saint Louis.
Speaker 12: It sounds great. Thanks for having me there.
Speaker 5: He is the man, Max Monsey. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Max, says. The Dodgers get ready to take on the Saint Louis Cardinals. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers. A you will broadcast when it's game Day's group Day at Shakys dot com. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. First pitch was scheduled for five point fifteen, but its rain still in the area in Saint Louis. As it blows through Saint Louis, we'll wait first pitch. First pitch will be delayed, but the game will get underway at some point. As we lead you up to that from Bush Stadium, Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Katsis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in Saint Louis. There's a take on the Cardinals start of a three game set. First pitch will be delayed because of rain in the area. Let's dive deeper though into this pitching matchup, and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the die, we look at the pitching matchups cos.
Speaker 1: In about your Southern California. Toyota dealers work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls hee. Youre Toyota dealers today. They make it easy. Sonny Gray will be on the mound for the Saint Louis Cardinals six and one with a three sixty five RORA. He is having himself a great season. The thirty five year old right hander, former first round pick of the A's back in twenty eleven out of Vanderbilt, He's been with the A's, the Yankees, the Reds, the Twins, and the Cardinals. Now in his second season. He's a three time All Star, making his thirteenth start this season, top three in wins, top three in war last time out, seven shutout innings, four hits, ten punchouts in a win over the Rangers in the month of May. He was really good in the six starts, three and one with a three seventy one ERRAY. Making his eight start against the Dodgers in his career, his first this season, he is one in four of the three, thirty four rray and forty nine strikehoufs. Now, Sonny Gray shut out the Dodgers two nothing in his first career appearance back in twenty fifteen against them. Over his next six starts, Sonny Gray has been zero to four with a four to thirty one ERRA, but has held the Dodgers to three earned runs or less and two quality starts, including an eleven strikeout game. When he was with the Reds back in twenty twenty one. Sonny Gray will oppose Justin Robleski. Yes, robo is back one and one with an eight RORA twenty four year old left hander, an eleventh round pick of the Dodgers back in twenty twenty one out of Oklahoma State. He missed his season at Oklahoma State because of Tommy John surgery, so he fell in the draft. He wouldn't have fallen so far if not for that arm injury. Dodgers drafted him, signed him. He missed his first year in the Pro balls in the minor league, but has risen up through the minor league system pretty quickly. Made his major league debut last September, making his second start third appearance here in twenty twenty five at the big league level. He's been up and down from TRIPAA to the big leagues. Last time he pitched for the Dodgers May fifteenth, four shutout innings of relief, one hit, four strikeouts in a win against the A's. He faced the Cardinals once already in his young career. Last year. He allowed four hits, four runs, two walks, and three home runs while striking out three, but he got the win in his first Major League win ever. Justin Robleski, Sonny Gray, the pitchy matchup Dodgers and Cardinals will come back and we'll get you ready for what should be a delayed start from St. Louis. Moore on that coming up when we returned, I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 10: Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon. Beautiful sunny afternoon here in southern California. Not so in Saint Louis, Missouri, where the Dodgers are starting a three game weekend set against the Saint Louis Cardinals. Raining right now in St. Louis, but starting to let up a little bit. It was really coming down about thirty minutes to go. They expect this weather system to blow through. More from Tim Neverde and Rick Monday coming up in just a couple of minutes. But it looks like the crowds starting to file into Bush Stadium. The tarp is still on the field. Pitching matchup is a good one, Dodgers recalling Justin Robleski from TRIPAA, Oklahoma City. Sonny Gray, thirty five year old Veterans, six to one on the season, having an all Star first half of the year. He will go for the Saint Louis Cardinals and is David If I mentioned, we're going to be in a rain delay to start this game because the Cardinals don't want to burn their ace. Sonny Gray has become the ace of this Cardinals rotation, so don't want to burn his start tonight on this Friday night, especially against the Dodgers in a packed crowd at Bush Stadium expected for the opener of this three game set as the Dodgers go into play tonight first place atop the Western Division of the National League at thirty eight and twenty five. Dodgers two games up on the Padres Padres and Milwaukee to take on the Brewers, and the Dodgers three games up on the San Francisco Giants. The Giants are home tonight to the Atlanta Braves. Arizona Diamondbacks, winners of four in a row, six and a half games back in the division. The big news off the field today in the NL West Corbyn burns the Arizona Dinebackers their ace, well, the Diamonbacks ace is gonna have Tommy John surgery, ending his first season in Arizona. Remember he signed a six year, two ten million dollar contract this passed offseason. It ends early with Tommy John surgery. So the Dodgers not the only team getting bit by the injury bug here in twenty twenty five. But good news is some relief in the bullpen. It's gonna come back on this road trip. When we come back, we'll get you out to Saint Louis. It's the Dodgers and the Cardinals, the first of three from Bush Stadium. I'm Tim Kasi's the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network