Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. To open the week today, folks, what if the end times are right around the corner? Ooh boy? How do we prepare well both financially and more importantly spiritually? Sethidinsky Sam case over in the control room. We've got your host, Mark Manila. Mark a doozy of a topic this morning. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: What a way to start a Monday. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: If no one else is awake, I hope they are. Now we're about to have some fun.
Speaker 4: Well, mondays do feel like the apocalypse for some people, so it might be appropriate.
Speaker 2: It's very appropriate, that's right. Hey, the phone number six ten, three eleven ten. Again, the number is six ten three six three eleven ten. We want to hear from you, folks. You got questions. But guys, before we get to that fun topic, why don't we open our show in the scriptures here, Sam, you want to give us our verse of the week from First Peter four ten.
Speaker 4: I sure can, as each has received a gift used to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace.
Speaker 2: First Peter four ten. Awesome love that verse, Mark, What do you think, Well.
Speaker 3: I think it's he's not directly talking about investing, but I think the bottom line of the principle of it all is it applies totally to everything in our life, including investing, and that's whatever we do do is on to the Lord, but also do in a way that serves one another, just not ourselves. We don't invest just for ourselves, because it's not our money to begin with, it's God's. So we invest to help God's purposes, to provide for God's purposes. That purpose might be to provide for your family as well as others that the Lord puts in your walk, but it also might be to get the good news out there for those people who haven't heard it yet, or for those who maybe are seeking and haven't really understood what it really means to accept Jesus Christ as your savior. So there's a lot of reasons to invest, and I would think that one of the reasons that we want to invest is to invest in a way that honors God. That way, we're not causing people to stumble on their walk towards God or with Him.
Speaker 2: Well said brother, you know, I'm encouraged by this verse because God is the provider of the gift. You know, each has received a gift, so we didn't conjure up the gift God.
Speaker 4: Well, then it wouldn't be called the gifts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right, That's exactly right. And I was just reminded of, you know the fact that some of us, I think, have a tendency to begrudge the gift that we gave. And I think it's far better for us. And I say that because I know I've done that before too, that my giftedness. Sometimes I thought, why didn't God bless me in this way? You know, I see this person over here, I want to be like them, rather than saying, no, hold on, God blessed you for a purpose. God is the one who gave the gift. God obviously has a purpose for that, So use it well. Be a good steward of it, Be a good steward of it. You never know what God can do with us, with a with a redeemed sinner who's faithful, a.
Speaker 3: Lot, a lot of good.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, all right, guys, let's do it financially preparing for the worst. Mark This is going to be fun. Let's do this. So Kenny asked us a good question. Here's Kenny's question. He says this, I believe we're living in the last days. I also believe that we are late in the hour of the Last Days. I have about a million dollars invested with a local investment broker. My question, I wonder if my money is safe invested in the stock market long term, as I believe the US will be a non player in the end times events based on the Bible. Therefore, there must be a collapse in the economy of the US, among other things, for the US to not be mentioned in the Last Days. If the market crashed, a cash position doesn't seem safe. So what options do I have? Should I even worry about it? Should I put a good sum of money into gold? What do you guys think? I do believe in a pre millennial viewpoint, if that matters or not. Also, I just wanted a trusted source about these things. Thank you. For your direction. There's a lot to that question there, Mark, I'll head it off to you.
Speaker 3: Good luck. Thanks, Yeah, there is a lot here. I'd like to first start with the question about should I worry about it? It almost feels wrong to say this, but no, of course you shouldn't worry about it. God tells us not to worry. What can we change? We just do what God has enabled us to do. And when do we do that? All the time? We just do the best we can with what He has provided to us all the time. And if we do that, whatever the outcome is, it's his. He's the one who determines the outcome of all that. So no, we shouldn't worry. We shouldn't ring in our hands worrying about the end times. What we should be doing? Though, if you really believe it's the end time, If you believe we're in the late hours of the end time, why is there a million dollars sitting in that account? Why isn't it being put to productivity to be utilized by God for his kingdom? That would be my question. I don't know if that makes sense to you, But how many people do you know that don't know the Gospel how many organizations could use that money to get the good news out, so a lot of So just like you who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior, will have eternity with the One True God if time's almost up. Because once that happens, once we're either called home or Christ returns, we no longer we'll have to worry about how much money's in the bank. All our provisions will be made for us by God, actually just like they are now, but we'll fully recognize it. Then we won't have to worry about those things. We'll be sitting there honoring and glorifying God. And He has a position for us in his kingdom. So what we have right now should be used for right now, not for after Christ's returns. I don't think he needs our money. The streets of heaven on earth will be paved with gold. He doesn't need our gold. Let's utilize it now. So, Kinney, if you really believe what you're saying, start praying and asking God, Lord, how do you want me to use this money right now? Do you want me to continually grow it and then give a little bit at a time, or do you want me to start dispersing it right now and helping those people are using utilizing it to get the gospel out, or how do you want us to use it? So I wouldn't. I wouldn't prepare for the end times like people did at y two k I don't know if you remember that, but it sounds like you might be old enough to remember that. But a lot of people were storing up golden guns. That was the phrase, golden guns. You need golden guns because the dollar is going to collapse because computers can't calculate a four digit year, and everything's gonna go down. Bang, it's gonna go down. You're gonna have to protect yourself with the guns, and you need the gold to buy food. Well, my thoughts back then were the same as they are with this kinney. That's not what God calls us to. God calls us to care for one another. God caused us to help one another. So instead of guns in gold, how about food and blankets so you can help give people who've lost their houses or who are out in the streets a place to stay warm and food to nourish their bodies, and then you can give them the gospel. Prepare for Karen for others. That is the way I would look at it.
Speaker 2: Mark, I think you're exactly right. I think regardless, and I appreciate that Kenny, you know, shows his hand and says that he has a premennial viewpoint, regardless of your view on the millennium. I think we have to steward our nation and steward our resources.
Speaker 3: Right where we are, right away, right here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean rather than assuming, oh, it's going to come today, you know what, it could come today. The Lord could take you home today.
Speaker 4: That could be you could also get hit by right, Yeah, it's kind of the same for you exactly.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you Sam, you can have a rack of equipment, audio, video equipment, follow.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I'm far enough away. I mean, get it could blow up maybe and.
Speaker 3: That might be for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, it really is true. Mark, I think you're totally right. Mark. What what about Kenny's question of putting a sum of money in gold? I know, something we've talked about before, But where does the rationale that my gold is going to protect me in the apocalypse come from? It just doesn't seem to.
Speaker 3: Spare precious metal. Uh yeah, A lot of times if people find out you got a lot of gold, and currencies have just been deteriorated to nothing. They'll kill you for the gold.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: The first time you go to the market and you're and you're breaking up a little piece of gold to pay for some some food, somebody's gonna follow you home, right, But you know that. That's the idea is that gold has always been a way of storing wealth and to transact wealth, you know, back to Rome, back to Jesus's day, beyond that. So that's all that is. However, you know, I have no problems with people investing in gold. Just remember it is not a safe place to invest, as everybody says. It may keep up with inflation on the wrong long term, but it's not safe. It has pullbacks of thirty fifty percent at times, so you need to be ready for that too. Just the idea is, let's live for what God calls us to live, do the best we can with what he has. Is there anything wrong with having a little gold in there to offset inflation and taxes? No, there's nothing wrong with that. What I put all my money in there, absolutely not. Try try and convert your gold to food someday and see what happens now. There is glint, which Kevin Freeman told us about, so, but you don't hold that gold that so if the Internet goes down, you won't be able to use your Glint card to transact like a master card of gold. So anyway, I think that the gold is overrated, but there's nothing wrong with it to be using as part of your portfolio. Again, God called you to be a steward right now. Now's the time to be utilizing that money for what you believe God wants you to do with it, not preparing for something that may or may not happen in your lifetime. We can't predict the future. Use it now, impact lives now. Six ten three six three eleven ten. Looking forward to your calls today.
Speaker 2: Six ten three six three eleven ten. You know, Mark to wrap up the conversation with Kenny's question, you know his first question he asked about and Kenny, it's a great question. I'm so glad that she asked it. Should I even worry about the end times and my money and all that stuff? And Mark, he gave such a brilliant answer. And I would just add, Kenny, the only reason that you have to worry about the end cooming is if you're not right with God. I mean, that's that's the ultimate reason. And then I would say, yeah, yeah, you get a lot to worry about, and you should get right with God immediately by confessing the name of Jesus Christ, by believing on him for salvation, and then you have nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And Mark, that's not to say that we shouldn't plan. I believe that we should. But I think it's far better for us to plan as if the Lord is not going to come back for quite some time. But spiritually, now that's financially to plan for that way, spiritually for us to be ready for him to come back any day.
Speaker 3: Because he could exactly exactly be ready for his return, be prepared for that, but live like it may not happen in your lifetime. Live in the sense of moving forward. I also like the idea of living like it may happen in the next couple of days. If Jesus was coming back tomorrow, if the end time started tomorrow, however you want to say it, If tomorrow was it, who would you want to make sure was in heaven with you? That isn't right now? Have you taken the time to make that phone call, to go grab a lunch with them, to share Jesus Christ, or have you just been putting it off and hoping they'll come around. You know, God has given us the ability to communicate the gospel. He's given you the resources to reach out to utilize them to His glory. Remember, when people see other people using God's resources for his purposes to his glory, they wonder why somebody will do that, and they'll start asking questions. So utilize it, make it happen.
Speaker 4: Servant found working when the Master returns, Amen and Amen.
Speaker 2: Six ten three six three eleven ten Love that, guys. Hey, today's show brought to you by our friends at Timothy Plan. If you need some assistance in making these plans and planning well being a good steward of what God has given to you, Timothy Plan has the resources for you there, folks. Check them out timothyplan dot com. We're delighted to be able to partner with them, the pioneers of biblically responsible investing markets. On Friday, guys continued their calm trajectory. They were slightly negative, but still it was a good winning week for the markets. The Russell two thousand was the lone winner. All three other major indices down slightly. Pre markets this morning have kind of inverted. The Dow Joneses down a little bit. The SMP and the Nasdaq both green, and so that's what we're looking like there, Mark, I'm seeing oil up slightly as well as we wait for the markets to open for the first thing this morning, first call that is.
Speaker 3: But speaking of gold, it's up this morning.
Speaker 2: There you go, So good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get into golden now.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But like you said, Mark, a little bit. I bought a little bit of gold this past week just to bring that up a little bit. So, Mark, you published a new op ed. I'm really excited about this one. It's titled America has a Man Problem. Can you just give us a quick glimpse of that one? It means Mark's a feminist.
Speaker 3: Well, the man problem is if you look at the number of working age men who are participating in the workforce, it's not a matter of they can't find work. It's a matter of they decided not to. It's larger today than it was twenty years ago. More people, more grown, mature men, workage men are electing out of the workforce, and I think there's a lot of reasons for that, and you might be surprised with some of those readings. So you could go out to the Daily Caller and look it up, and I think it'll be posted on our site as well. But go out to the Daily Caller so they know you're interested. The more their interests and the more they'll publish my op eds and your seth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Mark, leave a comment, share it too. Yeah, definitely, definitely do that. So excited to read that one. Mark and Sam. By the way, did you guys know today's National Nonprofit Day? Do you know that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I did know that. It is kind of neat in some sense. But here's a little guidance. You know, when we when we put something on a buy or a hold, we usually give a little bit of guidance with that. You know, for example, if we put something on a buy and it's a little bit aggressive or highly volatile, we'll tell people maybe it's worth stepping into a third at a time over the next few months or things like that. Well, there should be some guidance on giving too. When you give National National Nonprofit Day nonprofits are are are companies that cannot distribute their profits to the owners because there's really no owners. It's more of a board of trustees that run it. So the idea is that they're doing hopefully doing good with that money. But there's a lot of nonprofits that do not believe in Jesus Christ. There's a lot of nonprofits that are promoting actually anti God, anti family, anti America, anti everything, because they're anti type people and that started them. So we want to be careful because the majority there's just almost endless money going into nonprofits these days, secular nonprofits. But there's a limited amount of Christians who give, and even the Christians who give substantially, they give substantially less than they did years ago. So if you're going to give, if you're going to celebrate National Nonprofit Day, find an organization that's Christian based. First, support your church, your pastors, those who are who are teaching and who are taking care of the flock. Then look for other organizations that are doing great things that are Christian based. Because this is God's money to be utilized for God's purposes to his glory. So on Nonprofit Day, honor God.
Speaker 2: Amen, Brother, yeah, and if you're looking for good organizations folks as well, obviously, like Mark said, your local church that's at the top. Of course, we're a nonprofit Preborn Crossroads Kids Club, all different places for you to consider how God might use you to bless the church and bring the gospel into the world. Mark, it's a good reminder that there are a lot of nonprofits out there that are evil, and I think it's okay to say that there are a lot of I mean, I think Planned Parenthood qualifies as a nonprofit. It's a wretched evil organization. So it's one of those things where people are capitalizing on people's generosity to fund wickedness.
Speaker 3: It almost don't want to cry when you think about all the money going into organizations like Playing Parenthood or a lot of those other organizations we saw that got uncovered by this administration that was taking the money and not even doing the nonprofit work that they said they were going to do with it, which we would have been against to begin with, but just stealing the money. So be very careful. That's why I say, as Christians, let's support the Christian family first, Let's support the church first, Let's support the ministry, first, before we ever even consider of giving to an organization that maybe even maybe doing some good. But you know, like I remember the March of Dimes. It was a big issue for me. Almost every payroll service seemed to give people the opportunity to give to March of Dimes. And then when you saw the organizations this money was going into, it made you wretch. It was just terrible.
Speaker 2: Be careful, Hey man six' ten three six three eleven ten mark question here From, robert he's seventy two years, old, saying my wife AND i both have traditional iras with. Fidelity i'm seventy, two she's seventy. Three we are. Retired would it be beneficial for us to convert these traditional iras to roth? Irays do you, think.
Speaker 3: Well yes and. NO i think you want to be really careful because there's a lot of questions that need be answered with that as. WELL i think there's there's there are obvious reasons to do, it but you also got to be careful because there's THE r AND d. Rule it sounds like you're right there at, Rmds so remember you have to take your rm ds before you can do a. Conversion if you're if you're in the year where you're starting YOUR. Rds you got to do the RM d, first then you can do a conversion after. That so THAT rmd will cause you to have additional, income and then the conversion will give you additional income as. Well so you got to watch that the tax, brackets the, taxing those kind of. Things, now could it be? Good, sure you're after fifty nine and a, half so there's no ten percent penalty for taking out your. Principle but do remember every time you convert, something you have that five year period before you can start taking out any gains on the principle that you, converted so you have that as. WELL i think that You're, robert yours might be might be the better one to. Convert maybe you just start with that start converting years because you don't have an RM d. Yet so maybe you do your conversion this, year but obviously check and make sure you're not going to end up overpaying on taxes and, stuff and then maybe next year you look at both the years and see which one would be better to start. Converting remember there's no living on how much you can, convert but you want to be careful that you don't overpay. Taxes in, converting you don't run your income up to the point where you're paying top marginal tax bracket is more higher than you need it to be or want it to. Be so, YEAH i think there are benefits to it even at seventy, two because you could live another twenty thirty years these, days and it'd be good to have that money tax free to utilize for.
Speaker 2: That, mark how would the advice that you just gave To robert connect to our back door raw off conversation that we had last. Week would that be what this is or would that be a slightly Different, no this is just a.
Speaker 3: CONVERSION a backdoor roth is where you're contributing to a traditional ira after tax, ira not a DEDUCTIBLE, ira and then converting. That so it's, similar but this one doesn't have the additional contributing to and after tax. Ira usually a backdoor roth is for those who are very high income levels and they don't qualify to use a tax DEDUCTIBLE.
Speaker 2: Ira good, Stuff, Mark, robert that's a good question. There we appreciate you asking that, definitely And, MARK i like what you were saying. Too to Consider robert's age as. Well he's free from those rmds at least for another, year maybe year and a half depending on twenty seventy. Two so that's good stuff.
Speaker 3: There, yeah and really there's a lot of other. Things THERE'S irma for Your Social Security you got to look at is it going to kick you into? That and you're gonna end up paying more for your medical, here you have to look at all these. Things you want to sit, down figure out how much you're you gonna. Do what's that going to do to your? Income calculate your? Income how much taxes are you're going to have to pay on? That where does some money come from to pay the? Taxes that's the first. Thing and then how is it going to AFFECT? Ierma is it going to kick you into a bracket where THE irs determines, that you know, what we need to start charging you more for your PART d and things like. That you want to be careful about all that as you're doing these, conversions but it still makes it worthwhile to do if you can get more money to a tax free.
Speaker 2: Position it's good. Stuff, mark, folks we'd love to hear from. You give us a call six' ten three six three. ELEVEN ten i do hope also that you Have Found financial issues dot org and found the live chat. As well the chat is just, popping today which is fun For. A monday so Go To financial issues dot org uh and click that. Watch Button It's financial issues dot org. Slash watch that's also where you can become a partartner and you can learn more about what that means as well as you take control of your finances And honor god Is what. He's given you'd be a great thing for folks to.
Speaker 3: Do, that absolutely please, Join us we. Love it and if you if you are joining us, right now but whatever however you're joining us is going away at the half an hour like many. Stations do you can join Us At financial issues dot org and be with us for the rest of. The show for the rest, of, us well we're glad. You're here the number here is six ten three sixty three. Eleven ten we'd love to answer. Your questions we'd love to hear, your opinion we'd love to hear what you're thinking about. In times give us a call six' ten three six three eleven ten.
Speaker 2: Gives call folks number six ten three six. Three eleven ten that's how you join. The live broadcast the markets, now are live speaking Of which dal jones down. About A quarter the Smp and the nasdaq both, pretty much Flat is what. I'm, Seeing anyway mark and like, We said earlier oil up, a little bit but, so is gold so not So.
Speaker 4: Bad the vics the FEAR in dex i see is at a low for twenty, twenty six too so.
Speaker 2: That's pretty, good good. Deal good deal love. To see that, six ten three six.
Speaker 5: Three.
Speaker 2: Eleven ten mark here, was a good really nice encouragement. From our Chat Jacob from north, carolina WAS saying since i retired, from my career my job now is. Fundraising for. Ministries THAT'S awesome so i spend time on The large portfolio god has provided to, week the investments, plan for, taxes plan giving and educate myself by listening to financial issues and looking for. Other educational resources the portfolio keeps growing even while. Donating huge amounts it is true that You. Cannot outgive god maybe others can be encouraged to take up this. Job in, Retirement, That's, awesome, jacob YEAH yeah so i.
Speaker 3: Find that incredible that's why we say. There's never Retirement. As a christian what you get, to do though is you've reached a point that possibly you don't have to worry about your income. At this point therefore you can go and do more things in alignment with What you believe god, called you for not have to worry. About the income THAT'S what retirement i think should be defined as, as a believer NOT as now i get to sit HOME and watch tv twenty, four to SEVEN but now i get to Go do what god has called.
Speaker 2: Me, to, do yeah yeah it's amazing that.
Speaker 3: Not that working wasn't something he called to you to, do as well just a different. Season.
Speaker 2: Of, Life, life well jacob thank you for setting that. Example, FOR us, brother i mean that's the way to, do, It. Right seriously mark we've also Got a Question joseph And Cecilia, From, neptune Beach, florida asking mark can you speak on the Recent? Bailout of japan where did funds come from To support? The japanese en what do you?
Speaker 3: Think?
Speaker 2: About, that mark.
Speaker 3: WELL that's interesting i think a Lot of that. JAPAN did themselves i think they used SOME reserves or i forget what they were called foreign reserves or. Something like, That but yeah america did put in but. Here's what's interesting instead of doing like maybe a previous administration would have done and borrowed another five to ten billion and put it, into the end what the what happened HERE Was the us treasury took and sold euros off that it had and then invested that, in the end so effectively we didn't go into any more debt. TO do that i thought that was a really. Smooth, move, Myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah good. Mark that's. Awesome that's awesome six ten three six. Three eleven ten mark got A question. From david here is there any investment available to counter high inflation and downturn. Of the market what, Do? YOU think mark i assume there are.
Speaker 3: Some out there one would hope. You do well i'm pretty much wishing. THERE was yet i don't think there is any one item that. CAN do, both i mean could you go into, a, money market sure but if, interest rates rise let's say like they Did in, the biden years they go up to ten, percent boom overnight practically your money market's not going to keep up. With that inflation it's not going. To do it it may protect it from the stock market crash that could happen or, something Like that but on, the other hand if you're in, the money market and if you're, in the markets or you're utilizing something like, let's say gold a lot of people say gold would protect. You from inflation well over, the long term it has, historically done so but that doesn't mean it doesn't. Crash AS well like i, said earlier today gold. Is not safe it does have, very huge swings, very huge volatility. Just not often. It's just, occasionally you know you'll build up, and build up and, you'll keep growing and just when you think, that, it's safe boom it drops, down thirty percent and so you have to be. Careful WITH that so i don't think there's any one product out there set that you can. DO that with i think that what we'll, Have, to do david is come up with a portfolio that. Helps mitigate risk that's one of the reasons why we talk about, diversification so much because then you're, in multiple areas not just, the stock market but some, in precious metals maybe some, in real estate some in cash, or cash, reserves money markets so that when, those things happen they offset some. Of, the RISK yeah but i don't believe there's anyone that's mark.
Speaker 2: YOU'RE exactly, right i, mean the idea, like you said to a good solid investment portfolio is that, by you know, doing it well doing, it long, term growing well pruning where, you need to adding where, you need to you're able to counter that high inflation with the growth. Of the market but, Like, you said mark there are, also market downturns and so there's there is. Risk. There too absolutely it doesn't mean that we, don't get involved but you. Understand.
Speaker 3: The, risk yeah now, some, people say well there's. Tips out There There are treasure treasury inflated, inflation protected securities which are. Our government bonds they adjust, with supposedly inflation but they never keep, up, with it right they never have. And never will there's, bonds out there, But you know i've seen twice two crashes now where bonds when the market finally does go, over, the cliff bonds everything. Get get trashed maybe not as bad as, the stock market but everything gets so you got to be. Careful about that so cash and money markets they're THE only thing i know that you can go into that that will protect you against, Against the crash but they won't do anything good for you as far as growing beyond paying the taxes and hopefully keeping. Up WITH inflation so i really believe the better answer is. Good asset, Allocation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so mark if we look at the current inflation rate and you try to, find something like SAY you've got, i don't know say YOU got a cd that, pays four percent so it beats it. A little bit is that technically beating inflation or it is some kind of higher percentage to really put some distance between that.
Speaker 3: And, inflorce rate well it depends on what you're. Trying, to do again it comes down to how, old are you how long do you have if You're trying to if you're trying to double your, money every. Year that's speculation that's not. Investing for, one so yeah having some bonds that. Are paying more but, by the way there's prefers out there that are paying twice as. Much. As inflation now prefers don't have the same growth potential as a, regular stock does so but at least. You're making more there's reats out there, that do well but everything has. Its own risk you want. To minimize risk the goal is to minimize risk utilizing as many lovers as you can find as possible. Without, minimizing return well obviously you're going to pull some of the peaks away when you move from aggressive growth to a growth and income portfolio to help offset some of the. Downturns and, whatnot so, YEAH you know i think a better thing to be. Looking at here if you have access excess Money that the lord has given you to be, a steward over then you should steward that as, best as possible. But without fear fear is not part of. Being a student prudences. But not fear so by balancing it out by using an asset allocation model that fits your time frame and your needs, for that money you will be able to do that along with picking those individual securities for each part of the asset allocation that leans more towards. Your sleep factor god gave you that sleep factor. For a reason you may not be comfortable. With aggressive stocks you may not be comfortable with just getting by with matching. Taxes And inflation wherever. God has you that's the way to be looking. At that portfolio that and the.
Speaker 2: Wisdom From above awesome mark six' ten three. Six, three eleven ten folks. Give us a ring we would love. To, Hear from you mark we've. Got a Question here judah from texas is asking About. A website called bolden bolden is a, retirement planning resource mark and she was just wondering your thoughts on using a site like. That, For retire planning Well.
Speaker 3: I've never used bolden i've probably never even. Been out there before my understanding of it is they have a free version that's, more like a calculator like something you could do on a, Spreadsheet, on your own yeah and then they have one that you pay for that's not. Much better than that and then they have one that you pay a lot for that's more like paying. For a FINANCIAL planner so do i think it could be useful? To, look at it sure you could get some ideas and then you could sit down with a piece. Of paper, or users just remember, if you use theirs you're signing up for it and they're going to market the. Heck out of you that's. Like they all do they give you a freebie so, that you'll get involved and then they can market to you to give them a small amount to get, into their next step and then a bigger amount to get. Into their next step but most retirement planning is just time. Value of money calculations yes there's, A taxes in there yes, there's a state issues but unless you have, massive amounts of money it's pretty much just calculating the time value of money and figuring out what you need to live on and how. To go about that so you can do, that on your own but if it. HELPS you utilize it i think there's going to, be more and more more and more websites and things like that and out there that people will be able. To use for free but there's also a spreadsheets you can download that are already formatted to do. That for free too just do a search for retirement plannings free spreadsheet and you'll be able to. FIND one for that i always think it's good. TO use a professional i think. It's a great idea and if you're going to, pay what you know The top end of bolden or any of the financial planning website softwares, wants you to pay you might AS well pay a cfp to. Help.
Speaker 2: You, With That yeah, absolutely judith well said it's good that. You're.
Speaker 3: Looking at that absolutely the number here at six.' ten three sixty. Three give us a call we. HAVEN'T any calls This morning i don't think i'd. Love to hear from you i'd. Love to hear your opinion we've covered a lot of different topics and something had to spark you and all you in. The chat dial that phone don't just. Ask them in the chat let's get it out to the. Rest of the world too your questions are important and it helps other people six'. Ten three sixty three eleven ten.
Speaker 6: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station. Or, any of the program sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may.
Speaker 4: Not be known by the program.
Speaker 2: Happy to have, you, here today on financial issues folks you still got time to give us a call six. Ten three six three, eleven ten and you know what, while you're considering whether to call if you were to make a donation of, any amount to financial issues today we Will send, You A Copy Of. Mark's book, the wall street, awakening in, fact we'll send you within reason.
Speaker 3: As.
Speaker 2: MANY copies as you like NOW i say within reason because i don't actually know what our exact number of. Copies that we have right now but if you want several copies If you're thinking about doing a bible study and focusing on biblically responsible investing could. Be A Great Resource for you the Wall Street awakening check. It, out financial issues dot org Mark why Don't we go to lawana? From Illinois and talk to, Her, Shall we Let's Do.
Speaker 3: That Lauana, Welcome To. Financial Issues, Happy Monday.
Speaker 5: Happy monday thanks, MARK hi seth and last week i think it was the last week someone on the program and he was talking, about banking and mentioned pirate money. HOW you, can protect your dollars i think, what's OLD that kind of thing and i wanted to know? Your, how, you feel?
Speaker 3: About, that well Well Thank. YOU yeah that was kevin freeman i. Believe he talks about pirate? Money isn't that a fun term pirate money makes it sound kind of interesting Really If, you read his book pirate money it's all about gold as a medium of exchange that was used many, many years ago and throughout history and he talks about that and. How we could do that today there's, a thing called glint right now. Which is like a credit card but what happens is you put money on deposit with glint and they buy gold and then when you go to the store, and you use your glint card it it takes the amount of the dollar amount of your purchase and sells that amount of gold off to. Cover, That ON your credit card. THERE so i like the idea i like the idea. OF gold being there for that i think it's a good alternative, to especially in a credit card because you, have to prefund it for one but then it's going in the goal and you have the possibility of upside potential to where your credit card is, Actually EARNING instead of. Charging YOU and i like that so i do like the idea of utilizing a resource or, something besides just made up money pretend money that the central banks at any time can create as much billions and trillions of dollars as they want, and inject it into our society BECAUSE that forces and creates what i call. Artificial inflation when they do that artificial inflation is inflation that is, created by printing too much, money by creating, too much credit by doing that where if, you are on the. Gold standard you're not doing that so any inflation, that happens is, because it's natural it's it's organic and. It's caused by supply and demand manufacturers as service provisors cannot provide as much of the, products or services that are wanted so the price, starts going up until somebody innovates expands and creates the opportunity. To BRING that, PRICE back down so. I wana i love the idea kevin also. HAS a new book Coming Out I. Think it's called the four horsemen it's, GOING to be Out. Here soon i think. In september it's really worth reading it's going to Be one of those things where i've had a little, bit of a preview into it and it's gonna it's going To wake up a lot of americans to what's happening here and what It's going to take too for america, to survive against the uh uh. The THE enemies, WITHIN and without so i. Wana I LIKE the idea myself it's i i would not. GIVE up cash at this point i would not give up other. Ways and means of doing business BUT it's just, another one, and i think that uh uh it'd be good to be able to have. That in your wallet, as.
Speaker 5: Well thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much all righty.
Speaker 7: God, Bless, Great it's, A, Great, QUESTION lawana thank you hey mark i got a, follow UP for you with that because i think it's important for us to clarify our terms, here when we're Talking about gold and especially when kevin comes on the show and.
Speaker 2: Talks about it with pirate money also seems to me like it's more a conversation of gold as a currency or an alternative currency as. Opposed, to gold as an investment now not saying, gold is a bad.
Speaker 3: Investment exactly but that's. What he's saying pirate money. Exactly, it's, how, They transacted.
Speaker 2: Business yeah, yeah, Perfect so yeah good folks good it's, it's good to just you. Know keep that in, mind here as you all know we believe, that gold can be a good. Small SLIVER of your investment portfolio but i think we're mark probably much more gong hol. On gold as a potential currency seems Like that could be something that, i'd really, love to see that. You know moving forward, And, forward but at any Rate Mark. Here's a question for. Brian kansas he's saying sand disc what's one of the items that's? On our bi list right now the pe, for sand disc is very low it's right around twenty two. To twenty three for this sector, What, Are, your Thoughts on this mark.
Speaker 3: Well sand disk is an, incredible company in and of itself so you. Have to LOOK at that way the, trailing pe is about TWENTY TWO but really the forward pe i think is, around seven seven and a half maybe, a little bit more than that but that's. Still very low for this industry, to GIVE another look AT this the peg ratio the pe divided by growth. Is only point one point nine i'm comfortable with peg ratios up to one point five percent this and. This is only point one night so those. Are, Remarkably Low growth adjusted numbers uh and, i'm just blown away with it especially when you have forty five percent earnings per share. Growth over the. NEXT three years it's very impressive i don't know where you, want ME to go with this but i think you were. Pointing out some very important things this is very unusual for a company in this industry that is doing so strong to be at such. A, GREAT level, at this point yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, It's, just been winning and winning, mark especially these last you. Know last week into, this week really really. You know, has has done, Well but yeah. Interesting. STUFF there mark to see mark i can't remember how you mentioned Previously That, it might have Been western digital. But maybe sand disc as well they're they're they're back ordered through like years and years or.
Speaker 3: Something, like that into the future right and that's.
Speaker 2: ONE of, like, three years.
Speaker 3: Out i think yeah it's crazy that's one of the things. We need to be, careful about these are great numbers but? Can, they maintain these profit margins uh the the memory chips that Are, being made by by scan disc there's competition that's going to be on board. In the next year or two there's other people, that, are seeing this and saying wow we could we could put billions of dollars into a. FACTORY and Do The same thing i think elon musk Is building a chip factory in texas that's going to be the largest building in the world just to. Manufacture computer chips and. Memory chips, SO competition is coming right, now i think they're position great but in? The future can they maintain this so you need. To keep an eye on that even if the peg ratio is, only zero point one point nine you, might want to keep you know next year, or as more competition comes online you might want to be reevaluating that to see if they're able to maintain those margins that. Have, Pushed, them to this.
Speaker 2: Point yeah Mark we've got A question from oscar, here and brian by the way it's. A great. Question. That you, Asked oscar's thirty mark he's saying I'm using the growth model and i'm CURIOUS. To hear your thoughts about gpi, it's been DECLINING for some time so should i harvest the? Losses, OR key pulling onto it mark gpi right now is. A, firm hold, on, our list yeah it is.
Speaker 3: Yep and that's what. It is IT'S a firm hold oscar first Cd eighty Is Our code For group ONE, automotive group one automotive tickers gpi and we currently have it rated as. A, Hold, and not. A sell now yeah it has it. Has pulled back very very hard one of the easiest questions you can ask yourself when you're looking at a stock like that that you own and it's sitting in your portfolio and it's been thumb that it snows at you for, the last six months or, so IS to say to, yourself IF i didn't own it would? I be getting into it now so. You got to think about that so it remains on the hold list because we're not recommending adding new money to it because there are some, things that need, to be fixed because quite frankly there's some legitimate reason. Why people got out of it, revenue fell five point, six percent, new vehicle unit sales you know car sales were down four point four. News vehicles were down eleven percent but. This isn't a completely broken company that site that could be cycling with the auto, industry and other things like that so you have to be. Careful when, you're looking at that just recently management completed. Fifty million. Of annualized expense reduction that's big it's showing us that the leadership sees what's going on. Here and is adjusting for it their parts and service business has has continued to grow and it, remains really resilient at this. Point and the Company is, expanding THEY'RE expanding their atlanta presence and i think there's an Acquisition, going on with a company hennessy and that's going to add one point. Seven billion dollars, to, annual revenue so right now yeah it's a little, bit of a mess in there but. NOT a mess enough to sell i think, there's potential there in the future and right now. We're keeping it in a, hold if it continues to deteriorate we'll move to. Sell and we'll let, you know if you're a partner. You'll get an alert on that but right now we believe it's still a hold. Because it may, BE a goodbye at this point i wouldn't say to, go Rush in and put money or i'd be putting. It on a buy right now there's still have many too many things that aren't clear. And or haven't turned, around yet when they turn around we may. Move it back, to the buy if it deteriorates we'll let you know, and tell you it's a sell and then you can tax loss harvest it. As a good stewart would do i'm so sorry about, the losses so far in that but that's.
Speaker 2: The.
Speaker 3: KIND of thing that happens well i want To. THANK everybody for loving the lord i want to thank. Everybody for investing with biblical integrity you're setting the pace and you're showing the world what it truly means To be a steward to honor god with all. You do include in your investments god, bless YOU all for being here and i. Look forward to Seeing you tomorrow god bless everyone
Speaker 1: If we ever Forget, that we're one nation under god then we will be a nation