Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day, now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So I've had a few people on the text line mentioned the angle of the video that I posted of me throwing out the first pitch at the Bats game last night and saying that I did that strategically to not make it look as bad. I did not do that strategically. That was our man, Austin Montgomery, who you know, is our teammate here at iHeart. He also works with the Louisville Bats, and he came out on the field and got the video for me, but he was just standing where they had us, you know, walk out there to do the pitch, and that's that's the angle that he that he had. And I'll tell you, yes, it did make it look better than it actually was because of the view. However, you know, I'm willing to acknowledge it was very high on outside. And man, I owe buddy bat because he really had to work to get that in his mit and not let it, you know, maybe go into the stands and injure somebody. So not only did he did he not make me look as bad? I'm not saying I look good, but he didn't make me look as bad. But also he might have saved the life. But that's what you'd expect from Buddy bat He's the best. But yes, yeah, that side view was probably very generous when it comes to the other angles that you could have you could have got that would have made it look, you know, pretty bad. All right, it is coffee and Company and we are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us. If you want to join us on the show, you can. I've yet to mention that, but usually our regulars know the way. You can text in five O two six five three zero seven ninety on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text lines. Some text already rolling in today and I'll get to I'll get to more of them throughout the show today, and if you want to, if you want to give us a call. We had some callers earlier that dropped off because you know, I just got to yapping and I am not in studio today, so I didn't have the screen thing up. But again, we'll open up the pall ones a little bit later on. We are expecting a guest coming up here any moment now, and that's the one the only doctor Larry Ben's of pro Reap Physical Therapy looking forward to to our weekly chat with him. But also, uh, you know, I want to know about the Colin Lacy injury, not the specifics and you know, details inside info because you know, they can't give us that and I would never ask them that, meaning those that are you know, involved in the process. But what does the next you know, two weeks look like for him? Right? He had surgery, I guess this past weekend, and you know, now we uh now we wait to see you know, if it make guess, We're we're gonna be waiting a long time to get any kind of anupdate. Right, it's a six to eight week window. He just had surgery. So I'm sure every now and then you'll hear someone ask Jeff Bram or maybe Brian Bram when they have their media availability, but they're not going to give you any I mean they can in fact, they're not the ones who really I mean, they're giving an up when a notable update is available. And right now, I'm sure it's just he's on the shelf and he's probably still you know, as far as the rehab process, again, that's something Larry can help us with. But as far as the rehab process, like, I'm curious really when that starts, right, how long after you have surgery, does you know, does that process start to kind of you know, heal and and try to get back to where you were able to play. So again we're expecting doctor Ben's here any moment. But a lot of people saying that, I'm I'm crazy for thinking that Tom Brady dunking at forty seven in genes is is that impressive? I mean, again, what you here's what I'll say. As far as how impressive it is, that's really just one man's opinion, right. I'm sure there's things that I think are super impressive that you guys don't. I'm sure there's things that you know, you think are super impressive that I would never think is impressive. So it really is just a matter of opinion when it comes to that. But what I'm trying to emphasize is that I don't think that that is as doable as a lot of people think. But again, Tom Brady was a professional athlete there for him doing something like that shouldn't be that big of a shock. Maybe that's the way I should look at him. For those are wondering what the heck we're talking about. There's a video of Tom Brady at forty seven dunking a basketball in jeans, and yes, he's six four. But I just if you would have told me Tom Brady couldn't ever dunk a basketball at any point in his life, I would have believed you, because you know, you can be tall. You could be six seven and not be able to dunk a basketball. Now, if you're six seven and you can talk a basketball, it may be because you have like a little bit of athleticism in you. But have you ever I mean, there are a kid there I should say. I mean not just kids. I'm sure there are people that are adults now, but like, I think every school that I could think of probably had a really tall kid that you just wondered, why doesn't he play on the basketball team? And then you like, you know, it's pretty explainable, Well, he doesn't have an ounce of athleticism in his body. I mean, there was a kid at our school that was older than me. Whenever we were I think I was a sophomore. He was a senior. And he was our mascot, dressed up as the Eagle. He was six ' nine maybe six ' ten, and you know, he actually could dunk, by the way, because he was so tall, but it wasn't anything impressive. It was almost like he could barely dunk it. And you know, we saw him play basketball and like pe and stuff, and you realize, yeah, I mean, if he played on the team, he'd give you some size that the other team can be worried about when you're warming up, but like he'd never leave the bench.
Speaker 3: So anyways, the one thing that reminds me of and this may or may not be the same thing, but whenever I was in high school, sometimes the football team would recruit soccer players to be kickers if they didn't have anybody who was a kicker on their team. But soccer kicking and pat kicking are a whole lot different. Not that I ever tried, but those who usually did tended to fail for the football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a part of me that like, maybe it's because I was so bad as an athlete compared to I mean, I was so bad at all sports other than basketball. It's not said I was great at basketball, but I actually find it humbling, and because there are so many, like there are very few people on the planet that I feel like could actually be elite professional athletes in multiple sports, and we're talking about like maybe people on you know, two three fingers, like Lebron James. I do believe that if Lebron James in his prime athletically, which it doesn't seem like he. I feel like Lebron has a prime at all times, Like I don't know when, you know, and I'm not here to gas up Lebron, but like, Lebron is a once in a lifetime athlete and I don't know if we'll ever see anything like that again. What I'm getting at though, is when it comes to when it comes to like Lebron, it wouldn't shock me if he just decided, you know, ten years ago, you know what, basketball was great. I've got a lot of rings. I'm now going to focus myself fully on being a professional football player and I'm gonna be a receiver. If Lebron James was a successful receiver, I would not be shocked. But I do think for some reason, I just like to see people humbled when they think that they're so good at this sport and they's so athletic that they could just automatically go over to another sport and and be good at it. I mean, there's some people that probably could do it but wouldn't be good, and there's some that would embarrass themselves. So it's always nice to be humbled. But anyways, let's bring him in. He's doctor Larry Ben's of pro Rea Physical Therapy. Let's ask Larry the question. Larry tom Brady forty seven years old, professional athlete. Of course, he's now retired. A guy who is up there as far as somebody that you just know took care of their body better than most throughout their career. Also, he played a position that for the most part he wasn't getting hit. But at forty seven years old, Larry tom Brady is dunking a basketball with ease while wearing blue jeans. I have shared throughout the show today that I think that's very impressive and I'm very surprised to see that he can do that. But I've learned that a lot of people think I'm an idiot and that they don't think that's that surprising, because you know, he's six or four and he's a pro athlete. I still think it's rare than people would expect.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're right. I mean, take his name off the moniker for a second and just say, give you a standardized test that a forty seven year old can take a one legged hop, a two legged you know, high jump you know where you're literally mentioned, or broad jump where you're measuring straight up, and those are standardized tests. In fact, they screen football players for him. Well, in his age group, he's got to be off the charts. He's got to be at the ninety nine percent level. And that's impressive. And to your point, he's you know, I don't know if you'd call the most naturally gifted athlete in the world, but you'd certainly call him the one who made the most out of what he had and made it better. If you look at his body from the time he was a rookie and go back and YouTube that, will you know, tryout in Indianapolis where in that sprint he doesn't even look like an athlete at all.
Speaker 2: He doesn't. He belongs.
Speaker 4: No, it's exactly right. And what he's done through a series of nutrition and fitness and sleep and monitoring and data and science is is amazing irrespective of his accomplishments on the football field.
Speaker 2: And you know, he didn't stop playing football because his body just gave out. Now, he probably had lost a little bit on his arm, he wasn't as polished as he might have been. But I mean, I mean, I think he you know, just given the way he was protected, in the way he plays the position, and how well as you as you mentioned, he takes care of his body, he could probably still play. And it wouldn't It wouldn't shock me. He could still be starting in the NFL right now.
Speaker 4: Well, he certainly could play in a platoon type system where I feel like in his last years, not just at New England, but particularly when he got to Tampa, all the scheme was built around what he could still do physically. Sure, and that's not any different than if you have a certain style quarterback in college that you're building a scheme around. So I think you're right. Could he start and make it through an entire season without getting hurt in a more standardized offense.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the NFL is they always looking at the future, so they want, you know, the next superstar, and his career is I mean, Lesia I'm looking forward.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The first game that he announces is the Cleveland Browns Dallas Cowboys game, the four thirty game on Sunday, the eighth of September.
Speaker 2: That'll be a big one. What do you what are your expectations for him as a broadcaster. Obviously somebody who knows the game, somebody who I feel like will be He'll be good in the you know, but there's a transition, right going from being a player to being somebody that is in fact a part of the broadcast. I get the sense that a lot of people think he'll be kind of, you know, kind of kind of dry and kind of boring. I actually think he'll be pretty good.
Speaker 4: I am with you one hundred percent. If you look, he has sort of foreshadowed things in the last couple of months. He's been outspoken, he's been lecturing, he's been on YouTube, and he's really has a little bit almost of a little shock value. I mean, go look at some of his recent things that he said. What I think you're going to see is a better is an incredibly prepared announcer. If you remember Tony row in his first few years, he was just so prepared. Then he had kind of the hiccup, and then last year he had a good year. I think you're going to see Tom Brady. He's, you know, already probably the highest paid announcer, but I think he's going to do terrific and added dimension that's going to bring a large viewership. Viewership brings advertising, Advertising brings dollars, So I think it's gonna be a grand slam.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and I think that's why he's making the big dollars, because they see, they see the potential in him, you know, making them a lot of money as well with those advertisers, no doubt about it. But doctor Larry Beinn's our guest joining us here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Larry, I've got a lot of questions when it comes to Colin Lacy. I'll start with just from a trainer's perspective of whenever he goes down, has the injury in their scrimmage? Is a broken collarbone something that you know, the professionals can can maybe sense right away depending on what he's telling them about his pain. Do you have to get the imaging done sort of? You know, how long do you think it was before they felt pretty confident? That this was in fact a collarbone injury that was going to need surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, literally seconds when he went down, he was likely grabbing his collarbone. If you go right to sort of your your neck, you'll see a muscle the sticking out that connects effectively your neck to the collarbone. Sternal clido mast it is what that's called technically, And usually when you get an injury like that, ones goes up and the collision goes the opposite way and you fracture it typically right at that point of where that muscle insertion is. It depends on your age and these these injuries are actually more common in youth. And I don't know his age, but he certainly played. You know, he played last year where at South Alabama or somewhere, so he's.
Speaker 2: Been twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now it's a little scary on this one is a set extended period of time. Normally you're looking at you know, six eight weeks. I don't know if he had surgery. In all honesty, I don't think they've they've written anything about it the community.
Speaker 2: He posted a picture in the hospital indicating that he did have surgery. I believe the surgery was on Sunday, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So that would be more of a stability of that bone, and those are pretty serious surgeries, but they're sick to call it eight to twelve weeks. So you're you're looking at what we have two buys this year?
Speaker 2: Do we?
Speaker 4: I think so? I mean maybe at the end of the year and hopefully we picked up another receiver, as I'm told. So it's a really really tough injury and a really unusual one. We're kind of snake bit at u of l on wide receivers during training camps. If you go back historically between DeVante Parker and who is the wide receiver we had transferred from Notre Dame that was pretty good here his ankle and we've had those kind of injuries because they monitory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Scott larry Is Michael Lee Harris remember his injury that took place during Yeah, I mean we have been You're right the it's I talked about earlier in the week. I remember Devonte coming back for such a special senior season, already a Louisville legend at his juniors after his junior season, but decided to come back for coach Petrino's first season back at Louisville, and I remember being at the State Fair and getting that getting you know, my phone being blown up by people? Did you hear about Devonte Parker? And I was just heartbroken. Same thing last Saturday, Larry I was at the state Fair. Same thing happened with Colin Lacy. So I'm gonna stay away from the State Fair on Saturdays when louis football has scrimmages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. And and you know, he looked like he was going to be one of our go to receivers. So it's a it's a tough one, but you know, I have so so much confidence in Brahms's ability to adopt to these situations, adapt the situations, especially so early in the season. And you know, we've got great coaching, great you know, hopefully enough roster players to make that work. But you know, we we we've seen the find a receiver that comes on, you know, early mid season who's kind of a one we didn't count on, kind of a sleeper, And so I suspect that's the same thing will happen this year.
Speaker 2: So one more one on Colin. What does the process look like for for so, if you had surgery, I guess is that something they feel like, Okay, we've we've we've got the ability to do it right away, so let's just do it. Or is it, hey, we've got to get we've got to have this surgery because if we you know, if he's out there without the surgery taking place, it could it could impact the rehabs, like what goes into the I mean if they had waited a week or two, I mean maybe that would have slowed down his recovery. I suppose, But I'm just curious about, like, when do they make that decision Okay, let's go ahead and get this operation done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to sort of cut to the chase, the reality is it depends on the fracture and if they didn't feel that mother nature on its own would align, you know, the bone correctly and stabilize it, because usually you're in kind of a halter for lack of a better term. In this case, they must have felt like they needed to add more stability, so they reinfor Wurst. It likely with a plate, and the rehab for a while is really not much because you know, they'll get him on a bike and do some things cardio wized, but he needs to keep that thing stable for a good four to six weeks. I begin to use his shoulder and then there are some types of padding and other kind of things, you know, as he gets back into the simulation stage. But it's it's, uh, you know, it's a fracture healed with with with with surgery, and you know it's unfortunately going to take it to twelve weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so take away, let's just remove Colin Lacy from this question just in general, if you haven't an athlete, and I guess it all depends on what type of injury it is. Of course that's a big factor. But when you when the window is okay, man, we could really go through this rehab plan that's pretty pretty pretty fast.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and it's it's we're fast tracking it, and it gives you a chance to maybe get a game or two in maybe three. But man, it's going to be tight, a tight window of Tom. It's best case scenario. I mean, could you know, not saying they're doing this with him specifically, but like whenever you know that the timeline is best case scenario, maybe they get in a game or two. You know, in the in the sports medicine world, is it common for the professionals to simply urge like you know, best case scenarios one or two. But we could go through this part. Part we could go through, we could take this path, and again it still doesn't give you a whole lot to play. We should probably just shelf you for a year and really give yourself time to fully recover. I'm sure that that comes up from time to time, right, people wanting to really rush it because they want to get on the field, but maybe having those that work in sports medicine tell them, look, I'm telling you what the best best option is for you, and that's to actually not even try to play this year, get fully healthy, and come back next year.
Speaker 4: Now that's a good point. That's why they have medical red shirts. I think the key in this is that it's a medical decision, not a football decision per se. And so as he progresses in his recovery, you know, post you know, eight weeks, let's say it starts to you know, get active, they'll make decisions and those decisions are based on objective data. For example, the X ray, what do the ends look like then that they're connected back on the collar bone, his ability to move his arm, you know, what does that motion look like is there swelling there? Then you start to get more into the you know, simulation and practice phase, and then can you take a hit, And all those will be objective signs and it will be a decision that the medical team will make and that in conjunction with him and his family, you know, or now today's day, I guess you could say his agent. Sure, you know, they'll make a decision, and maybe the best decision for him is to red shirt. But that's you know, that's that's not anything that at this stage you can tell.
Speaker 2: So with the uf L students and I guess students across the country going back to school this week, I know athletes are usually there earlier and some really stay year round or at least for the majority of the calendar year. So many student athletes now can enroll early, and a lot of them do. And even if you are someone that you know, if you're a basketball player, you know, you don't have that I guess you could potentially, but let's just say you arrive in the end of May or early June, whereas you know, the normal student students will be there closer to you know, this time of year, or maybe even students that don't. You know, there's some athletes that maybe don't get here until school starts. I don't think that's ideal, But I guess my question is now that we've seen more and more of these student athletes, these kids coming out of high school even skip a semester and graduate in December and enroll early in the sports medicine field, I mean, how much how not just sports medicine, but just training in general. Like, I'm just curious now that that's been a thing for some years now. I feel like when these guys do, in fact start school, they're kind of already ahead of the curve, right, They've been going through the strengthing, conditioning, they've been probably working with the team trainer. Like, I'm just curious that if that has I mean, I would imagine that's something that every program, every sport, across campuses across the country realized that if you can get there early, there is a real benefit to that.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, and I think you have to look at this holistically. They start with better training in high school and even middle school these days, so their maturity level tends to be much greater. You know, they come into the program the coaches want them on campus. There's some exception for some of the incoming question, particularly because summer school is not cheap for anybody, including a university. But at the end of the day, they get accountability, they get learning specialists, tutors, they get to jump on their classes, maybe only taking one or two classes at the start rather than the traditional full lad you take during the fall. And it has helped. I mean, if you look at the data, the graduation rate in athletics is you know, upwards of ninety percent at Louisville, and you know, this goes back to the days of yore when people used to make fun of universities in urban schools for having kids that never graduated. So it really has had the intended effect that you really want, which his students success and you get them a degree.
Speaker 2: All right, One more question for you, Larry UK. They had an injury as well during camp. It's part of football. They're running back Chip trainer who transferred in from Ohio State is a broken hand. I think they said four weeks was the expected time for him to miss and could miss two maybe three games. Obviously you're not practicing taking any kind of contact while your hand is healing. But outside of that, I mean he's probably able to do. To me, that seems like an injury to where once you do get the green light play, you know, you haven't really missed a whole lot of it. Maybe just taking taking hits because again you've been you've been on the shelf.
Speaker 4: No, that's right, and you could participate in practice without contact, and that is you know, I'd say one of the milder forms of injuries that you can relay. And typically you're okay waiting the first couple of games until you get in a conference play. You know, there's been some incredible you know, training injuries. So you look at the University of Texas and they lost to what effectively five that running backs you know, during during this training camp, and so you're going to see some interesting you know dilemmas there. Everybody holds these athletes out, but maybe they hold them out too long. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were I think five running backs in the SEC that were expected to start that all suffered injuries, some season ending and then others that you know don't look good. They haven't said for sure that they're out for the years. So you know, uh, just just just part of the game. I'm sure you know it's never good news and you never just say, well, hey, you know that's I mean, it is part of it. But man, when it's when it's your team as a coach, or if you're the athlete that gets hurt yourself, I mean, it's it sucks all the way around.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt about it. But the good news is we got football this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeh, that's right. Week zero's here, Louisville in action next week along with just about everybody else. It's exciting times. But Larry, I appreciate you making time for us. I know you're very busy, so again, big thanks to you.
Speaker 4: Go cards see it at the game, at the noon game.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're gonna take him down. Take care, Larry, take care. That's doctor Larry Ben's pro reap physical therapy. I always appreciate him making time for us. Eight days away, ladies and gentlemen, Eight days away from Louisville football taken on Austin p Which. Speaking of Austin p did you guys see the story about one of their coaches who got arrested last week? Not good? I mean it won't have any impact on the game. But what a wild story you don't often see in college football. We'll get to that in a lot more. We got about an hour and a half left before we get out here for the weekend. Again, it's coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 2: Right, So, as we speak, there is a top twenty five recruit from the twenty twenty five glass visiting Louisville. Shelton Henderson is currently in Louisville right now, and I hope he's enjoying himself. If he's listening, you should just stay here and never leave Louisville. You should commit to Pat Kelsey in the cards and help get this thing back on track. He is a twenty twenty five kid, as I mentioned, which means he's a senior, and we'll be making this decision probably sooner rather than later. But this is one of his official visits that he has locked in and his other visits because again these are the schools he's now considering. Duke Texas, Houston, and again Louisville is also in the mix. I think he had a top. I think he had a let's see here. Yeah, he had a top six that came out not that long ago as he was getting his visits set up. So he's down to Duke, Texas Houston, LSU, Texas Tech, and Louisville. He is a grown ass man despite being a high school senior who may not have even started his high school yet. Most kids are probably back in school at this point. But yeah, six two twenty wing twenty four seven Sports has him as the eighteenth best player in the class. The composite rank rankings have him as the twenty fifth best player. He's the best. I'm sorry, he's the third best player, uh at his position, which is small forward, and then again the number one player in the state of Texas. So big time talent. An official visit. Hopefully he's enjoying himself. And you know, Louisville, they got some tough competition, right You're talking about Texas Duke Houston with Calvin Samson and then Texas Tech. I don't know a whole lot about you know, how they're going to recruit with their new coach who came over from North Texas. But hey, you know, they've been pretty pretty damn good as of late. And he is a Texas kid. He's from. Is it the Dallas area? He is from bell Air, Texas, which not real familiar with it. But I'm hopeful that he resides in Louisville next season. For Pat Kelsey, they'd be a big time get, no doubt. So Pat Kelsey's pitched last night, of course, much better than mine. And whenever we were on the they did a picture after the after the everybody threw out the first pitch and they got one with everybody, and then they got one specifically for the folks that were there from from U of L. But when they got one with everybody involved, I told Moose, you know, hey, like you can stand over here with the guy who was taking the picture. And then he said, no, he can be in it. So he comes out and uh ufol's president Kim She, I mean she she said, we got to make sure we get our little guy in here, which made me feel good that they were you know, they weren't bobbed because I sometimes, you know, because I take my kids everywhere and I want my kids to be a part of a lot of cool stuff if I if I can make it happen. But you never know how certain people are going to feel about it. But to know that they weren't like they didn't think it was weird that I wanted him to be out there with me was was awesome. But once she said that that he could be in the picture, Pat Kelsey said, that's my next point guard. And I yeah, I mean, I I mean, I might have been might have been the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. And I told Moose what he said, and you know, it's one of those moments like where he was like his eyes lit up a little bit, but I wanted him to be like, did you hear what I said?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 2: You should be more excited. So anyway, he's a man of the people. He you know, he's he's he's really really taking full advantage of knowing that, you know, I can't coach games right now. The season doesn't start until until November. So all he's done as he's been a showman, right He's he's done every interview I think people have requested of him. He's put together a really good team that people are excited about. The trip to the Bahamas was such a great idea to not only get his team more acclimated and get them some reps together, but fans got a glimpse of what they're going to be working with this year, and we all know that the competition in the Bahamas is not what you're going to see night in a night out when you're playing against you know, real Division one teams that have a lot of talent, especially that tough non conference schedule that we've discussed. But man, basketball, Louisville is coming off of two terrible seasons three if you really think about it, I mean, actually, no, they have been. They're coming off of three awful seasons. The two most recently though, were you know, historically bad in a way that like will probably never happen again. And yet I get the sense that the vibes for basketball, you know, couldn't be better, right, I mean, we'll see, you know, obviously, you got to win games. I don't think expectations are set too high for Pat Kelcey in year one. But as I've said, really since the roster was finalized, knowing not only the personnel he has, but the way they want to play, I think this is an NC DOUBLEA tournament team, and if they don't make the nsable A tournament doesn't mean that, you know, we should be worried and this is going to be some failure because you just never know, right. But I think on paper, he put together a team and what we know about him as a coach, like, I think we should embrace an expectation level at minimum to be a tournament team. And I think would he would say the same thing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: He's not going to come out at media day whenever that is and say we're a tournament team, we're better make the tournament, but I would be I mean, put it this way. He knows he's got a good team. He knows that he's got pieces to where if they as a staff can get these guys ready and you know, and do their part, this team can be good and they can win enough to be in the tournament safely. And I'm all over the place now because I don't want to say, you know, second week in Elite eight or just just a round of thirty two or anything like that, because it's I don't want to put that kind of like a set standard on it. But this team should be good. And another thing that we got to see in the Bahamas that I think we knew, but man, seeing it was awesome. They're going to be fun as hell to watch. They're going to fire up a lot of threes. They're rarely going to have a guy on the floor that you don't feel comfortable firing a three point shot if he's open, because that's just the type of that's the type of style that that Pat Kelsey plays. It's fun and it's successful. It's very successful, and we just hope that that success translates here. All Right. So I mentioned the Austin p assistant coach who was who resigned. He didn't get fired, but he resigned for for good reason, and that's because you know, he was about to be arrested. So I mean, this is, this is this is gross to be to be honest with you, and I hate to, you know, bring it up in such a light heart way because again it's disgusting. But Austin P's co offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Patrick Kugler was arrested on Sunday after he was involved in human trafficking for a commercial sex act. Pretty gross stuff, right, So if you're wondering sort of you know, like that what that means. It means he was involved in a sting where they found, you know, people wanting to meet victims of human trafficking, sex trafficking for you know, the worst thing. Yeah, he was arrested in Clarksville, Tennessee, which is where it took place. And yeah, it says over two day period the undercover operation started and it was on August sixteenth, which aimed to address the human trafficking issue that goes on in Montgomery County. That area in Tennessee. Officers play several decoy advertisements on website. It's known to be linked to prostitution and commercial sex. So they arrested six different people and uh, he was one of them. He's he has resigned and I think he resigned because he knew he'd gotten caught and they didn't actually bring down the indictment and arrest until maybe, you know, maybe they gave him some time to get his affairs in order. I'm not I'm not quite sure, but yeah, awful, And there is a good part of this they did. In fact, they ended up identifying human trafficking victims and are getting them help. You know, these are people that you know, ended up in that in that awful life that I you know, oftentimes never, I mean I never, I mean, that's just awful. In every way, and it reminded me a little bit of something that has become really big in the TikTok world. And I guess I mean I say that, but yet I think what's really big on TikTok really depends on your algorithm. Like if if you're if you're somebody watching TikTok's or Instagram reels from start to finish that is that is you know, cooking recipes, then you know what, You're gonna see a lot of cooking recipes that end up appearing on your on your your feed. But every now and then I'll see a video that pops up and it's got you know, five million views, and it's not just popping up on TikTok. You know, you see it on Twitter. In fact, I think it's actually trending towards Twitter because it's not allowed to people they're getting pulled from from TikTok and Instagram. And what it is is that there are these random jos that they become, they decide to be Chris Hansen, if you know what I'm saying, Like they'll they'll set up I mean, I think peed Patrol is one of them. And there's another one that I don't know what they call themselves, maybe Dads Against Pedophiles or something like that. And they have their own operation where they set up and they pose as you know, young kids online and they you know, find many. I mean, they doesn't seem like they have any tough time finding grown people who are willing to meet somebody underage with the hopes of having you know, sex with them. It's just awful. So the reason I'm bringing this up as a long win way of me getting there is that these people who do it, you know, I guess just to be vigilantes, right. And look, if people who are doing this despicable stuff get exposed and it keeps them from doing it again, or they end up actually getting arrested, that's good. So I'm not knocking them. But what they do is they end up sometimes like hitting them and like assaulting them. Have you seen any of this, John, am I talking about? It's like a foreign thing to you. No, I mean, I know what it is, but I haven't seen it. Yeah, Like they'll meet up with a dude and they're not dressed as cops. There's not a bunch of you know, law enforcements surrounding them. So these people who get caught doing it, you know, they don't run right away because they don't know if they're actually law enforcement or not. So, you know, once they realize they're not, and they just want to get away and they're not. I mean, sometimes they do call the police and they d up getting arrested, but there's many of these people that end up just getting exposed and their life is ruined for good reason, and they don't ever get arrested. So once they realize the people that are there are just there to expose them and ruin their life and teach them a lesson that they were about to do was terrible. You know, they sometimes end up being you know, combative, like they're not going to respond to random show on the internet with a camera that meets them as they would somebody that's a law enforcement offer the officer that's telling them you're under arrest, you know, hands up, get on the ground, that kind of stuff. So when it gets to be like a contentious thing and they're not as willing to admit what they did and they're you know, basically like, who the hell are you? You know you're not a cop. These dudes, these two specifically there's all kinds of different people out there that do this stuff. As far as try to catch pedophiles, which you know, good for you. I mean that if we could get rid of pedophiles all together, that'd be great. But they just like they beat them up, and you know, it doesn't turn into like you know, they just completely you know, just pound their head into the the ground, but like you know, they'll they'll punch them, or they'll hit them upside the head or sometimes if they fight back. A lot of these people don't fight back. They just try to get away as best they can, and there's like a I don't know, I don't even know why I went this far. I mean, as far as talking about this, it started with just mentioning that Austin p the team louisvill place. Next week they lost their cofferensive coordinator who's a sexual predator, which is, you know, scum of the world. But knowing that these people deserve worse than getting beat up, there's a part of me that when I watch it, because they're humans, I just don't like to see that. But then again, I'm like, no, they should get something way worse than this, because they're probably mean, they're they're the lowest form of human life, people who harm innocent children. So it has become like the comments of those videos is an interesting read because you do see people who are like, hell yeah, I want to see I don't want to see these people go to prison unharmed and sit in protective custody and you know, isolation to where they never nobody ever gets their hands on them. They need to pay for what they did, that kind of stuff. And there's others that I think also just are kind of uncomfortable knowing that, like somebody's just getting, you know, getting the crap beat out of them. But I'm sorry, you know, for me, I end up always coming back to you know, you deserve worse than getting the crap beat out of you. Look at what you look at what you're accused of doing. So anyways, let's take a break, because that was a weird way to end a segment. I don't really know where since you transition after that, but we'll try, we'll try. We'll come back on the other side, keep the party rolling along. We've got another hour and some change to stick around. If I thirty, we're gonna bring him in. He is Kent Spencer from w h A S eleven looking forward to to chatting with him like we do every week, get his thoughts about the big matchups as high school football gets started around the area and a lot more. It's coffee and company. Don't go anywhere if you'l bout Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, coffee and company rolling along here on a Friday afternoon. So I uh. I mentioned this earlier in the show. I called it a sports wagering controversy. I'm not really sure that's the best way to describe it, but if you are somebody that is interested in in sports wagering, then you know that it's a big big It's a big deal on the internet, right, like there's I mean, I feel like every every day I end up on Twitter, I see of a new social media star that shares their picks that's got you know, hundreds of thousands of followers. So you know it's a big deal, right, not only for these content creators, these influencers, if they are doing that creating content, influencing people, and it's specifically within the sports wagering space. Considering sports wagering is still very new in a lot of places, including around here. I mean, it's a good niche to have, if you know what I'm saying. So a lot of these sports books will partner with, you know, people who have a big following on Twitter or Instagram, and they will talk sports wagering to their followers and encourage them, of course, to make their wagers with a specific sports book. So, you know, it never surprises me when I see, you know, all these different accounts that have you know, become really big online because people follow them for sports wagering, entertainments, sports wagering, picks, whatever it may be, just content in general. Well, we've got a feud here. So there is a girl who goes by the name of Lucy Burge. Lucy Elle Burge is her name, and she is affiliated with the sports book called bet MGM, and she does something every day on her Twitter account where she walks and by the way, she's a gorgeous woman and she, you know, has a body that you know, looks like it was created in a laboratory. I mean, she's you know, she's easy on the eyes. As they say, I'm trying not to sound like perverted, but you know, she's really hot. I'm just gonna say that. And she you know, posts her link and she walks, so she walks with the with the her phone, you know, doing the selfie thing, and you can see, you know, how beautiful she is. She'll do some different you know, she'll move the camera to where you can see that she has had potentially some enhancements on the chest. Not sure maybe they're real, you know, but let's just say this. The chestickles, John, the sweater puppies, she's showing them off. And that's why these videos have you know, millions of views along you know, maybe I shouldn't say that, maybe that makes me sexist.
Speaker 3: But you know, it reminds me of the the NFL girl who would do like the Big ten conference meeting or the NFL meeting, like she kind of went viral because of her looks too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sucks though I can't don't remember her name, and she's actually gotten a big gig since then. But yeah, I didn't. I don't like her because she's not to me. Allie's something anyway, it's not important, but regardless, you know, this was her thing. She walks and it's called I don't know if she calls it, you know, walking betting or I don't know. So anyways, she gets millions of views on these videos that she shares, that is her sharing her bets for each day. And I'm look, maybe I am sexist by saying this, but like I don't even know if she's ever won a bet. Nobody talks about that. They just can't wait to see her walking and her showing off, you know how hot she is. So it's kind of been her thing for quite some time, and it's clearly working. She has a great partnership, it seems, with BETMGM. But now there's another girl who's doing the same thing, and she's a little more revealing. She doesn't have a relationship with a sports betting company. She is a freelancer, she says, and she's got a bunch of followers, and she also has you know, I mean, she's got something that men like to look at. If you know what I'm saying that I make you uncomfortab when I said chesticles, I'd never heard sweater puppies before. Sweat are your puppies? Jesticles?
Speaker 3: Is that saying from your time or is something you made up?
Speaker 2: I didn't make it up. I've heard it. I could go on for days, but I probably shouldn't because you know, it's inappropriate. John. But you know, these women are really hot and they share sports betting information each day, they share their picks, and like, their videos get a ton of views, but I've never seen anybody document if they're any good or not. So long story short, the controversy is that this other girl is doing the same thing. She doesn't have as big of a following, but she's a little bit more more revealing, and again, her following is not as big, but her videos are becoming more and more viewed because again she's walking around, you know, with basically at times only her nipples being covered, and that's going to get a lot of attention on the internet, especially in a space like sports wagering, where there's a lot of horned up dudes that are in that space that are degenerate gamblers. So it's a good move. It's you know, it's if these sports brand sportsbook brands want to affiliate and get viewership, they're getting it. But like, I've never heard anybody talk about how good they are. But they're beefing. They're feuding now because this girl she's kind of she's kind of going viral because again she's not wearing as much and she's doing the same thing and she's really hot too. But the other girl, finally, you know, clap back at her, like, hey, you know you're stealing my stick. This is what I do. I do walking bets, right, I give my picks and then I walk and video myself telling you what my picks are with very little clothes on, and it gets me millions of views. So like, you know, it's really not that creative just walk walking while you're sharing your picks. You know, because of the assets that these women carry on their chest, as well as them being very beautiful, it it's doing numbers on the internet. As they say, people like a little soft porn with people like breasts. I mean, it's just a thing. It it's it's it's inevitable, it's just it's life. So you know, they're they're feuding, but I'm thinking, like, are they Like they're battling it out and people are taking sides. But like, I hate to be sound so cynical, but like dudes are probably just taking a side of whichever one they think is hotter. Like I don't think that men take their bets and bet them they just like the video they share because you know what they can see. I still like such an a hole, but I also feel like I'm speaking about something that's just relatives. It's common sense as to what this is. Maybe when they see a third person go even that you push the envelope even further. Really glad you said that, because now it's become like, if you're somebody like me that just love sports wagering, like it's it's got its own space within the internet. All these other dudes that you know don't look good are walking around with their shirts off doing the walking bets, and just it's become a thing. And I'm you know, I just think it's hilarious that, you know, because these two really hot women are feuding about who who. You know, by the way, the girl who did steal it, she's claiming she stole it and that you know, she knows that the other girl did it first. But now that the other girl has, you know, clapped at her and been like, hey, like, why are you stealing my stick? That's my thing? Be a little more original, all the OG fans of her are now attacking the new girl that's trying to do it, and it's just created this big online thing to where and look, when people see an internet feud, you follow people or people gravitate to that kind of stuff. But it's just led to all the other, all the other you know, overweight dudes in their forties that have a big following for sports wagering, not because they're hot, but because you know, they actually do share some good picks. They're now just you know, walking around doing the same thing, except it's much different. The numbers aren't as high, and if you do find one that gets a lot of numbers, it's probably because people are laughing at how, you know, how ridiculous it is that a man you know, who isn't in good shape, you know, taking his shirt off trying to you know, trying to do exactly what these other girls are doing, except there's a big difference in you know, appearance. But it's a walking bets boo boar. Dave Portnoy called it that. I think that's the best way to describe it. Anyways, we got another hour coming up. What a weird last thirty minutes there Things get weird on Fridays for us. It's coffee and company. We are fuel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety