Speaker 1: You see, something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: I you?
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Occult Rejects. We are joined today by Peter Gray, who is the shit now. I can't even open the thing, of course, I'm sorry, Peter, but you are ocultist, magician, sorcerer of summer now quite a bit and Scarlett Imprint is a major publishing press, probably the biggest, probably the most well known, and I think, well, I'm just going to say the works that I distinctly remember, since I can't actually open the tab for your author's buyer right now, but the what I did in prep for this episode was read at least a little of Lucifer Princeps, which is your book from twenty fifteen, as well as Lucifer Praxis, which is your newest book from twenty twenty five. I think it's very ionic, very interesting. I also listen to your great episode from October with Gordon White, and I know that you have written extensively on the Babylon and Babylon workings with your partner Alkiste Alkisi. I hope I said that correctly, okus, see, thank you, and so I'm really excited. I know everybody is really excited. I'm a little nervous, so I apologize, but you know, I think this will be really generative and really interesting, especially because we have been speaking as a show. Not it's not my show, but I think in general and all the shows offshoot from Rejects have been speaking on ionic current satic work, and I think to sort of uncover the Lucifer current is probably the most occulted. I think Peter has spoken this about this extensively, but the most occulted of all. So, uh, you got you can, Peter. You can say anything you want to say about your own work and introduce yourself in the ways that you would like to. But thank you so much and from all of us, and I'll just say it like that, And obviously Nick please introduce yourself and plug your show.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you doing the intro jin again, I appreciate it. I'm not I don't enjoy doing them myself. So yeah, the Cult, Rejects, Bitch You, Rumble YouTube, and all major podcasts, What Doio podcast?
Speaker 4: Thank you everybody for joining. This is very exciting.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I'm really happy that we got both of them on and uh, yeah, I guess Sabrina, if you want to go next, let everybody know what's going on with you, and.
Speaker 7: Sure I did not expect to go first, but yeah, let's do it. Hi everyone, I'm really excited to see so many people here. I'm super excited for this conversation. For those of you who don't know me, I am a terror reader, life coach, and professional witchy person. I've got five books out now, to podcasts, Secrets of a Which podcast and the Heal and Harm Show. I just interviewed Nick for my first episode, so super excited about that and really stoked to be here with some really amazing people. Big fan of Scarlett Imprint and what they're doing, so if anyone watching does.
Speaker 8: Not know their work, check it out.
Speaker 2: It's super awesome.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, thank you very much, Sabrina. I definitely appreciate you making it And Ethan Indigo what is going on?
Speaker 4: So well.
Speaker 1: Honored to be here with you guys.
Speaker 9: I can wait to hear the discussion and be involved in communicating. Appreciate everyone. Ethan Indigo Smith easy easy to find online, writer, author and observer and easy to find online if anyone wants to communicate.
Speaker 4: Awesome. Thank you. And Matt Mora, what is going on? Buddy, glad you made it?
Speaker 10: What is up? Happy to be here again?
Speaker 11: How's this food today? So I am at Mara. You can always find me as at Matt Mora nineteen. That's going to be on Twitter, YouTube, TikTok uh, Twitch, fi maybe some other place. And there's also my website that's gonna be Cabala dot com. That's ab a lah dot com. There are or spaces we do on x and you can always find the archives at the True Gray Lodge dot com with a V so true. And like I said, in the latest months, I'm working more now on some Tarot stuff, some really interesting projects. On my pin to your post, we can learn a little bit more, but also can dm me.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a.
Speaker 11: Beta tester of sorts. So yeah you're curious, just dm me on any of these platforms.
Speaker 10: Happy to be.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah, happy to have you here, brother, and the headless Giant himself. What is going on? So please let everybody know what you deal is and all the things you got going on.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I'm really proud of myself because I am muted this time. I don't often do that, so you can find me at the Headless Giant podcast at gmail dot com. If you have any sort of esotera or strain stories that you want to share, are Strange Dreams even and me and Nick will read those on Thursday, so check that out. And also if you want to see my alchemy show, that would be on Mondays with Arrows Up and check that one out as well. And Tuesdays we do seven seven seven the Cabbala of Alisair Crowley with Nick. So also I have the Sunday Trialogus with Ethan Indigo and at some point during the week, probably Wednesdays now, we're going to be doing more rust at Gods, so check that out as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do think I don't want to be missing it up, but I do think Jewels was planning on doing that tonight, possibly with you, So yeah, look forward to that. I think I'll be able to jump on actually too. That's all I much to add. But yeah, and we got Brandon Lee Magas in the media. Thank you so much, Bud. I'm really happy to have you like here being a part of us. So please let everybody know what is up with you and where they can find all your amazing work.
Speaker 3: So thank you Nick, Thank you everyone for having me on. I am Brandon Lee of Megas in the media, where we break down myth, magic and meaning in the stories that we and you love. Find me on All the Things x TikTok, Instagram, YouTube's the big one. Go there, watch all the things. I love stories and i love media, and I'm here to show the world that magic is everywhere, from dark sorcery to the light and we can build ourselves up together.
Speaker 10: I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we've all heard of Peter Gray and now I've now heard of his lovely wife, and so I'm really excited for this conversation.
Speaker 10: Let's get to it.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you very much for coming to operate it. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 13: It.
Speaker 6: Finally, to the guests, I guess Peter Baby, if you want to go first, please introduce yourselves and let everybody know you know kind of what your deal is and what you would like to advertise a plug.
Speaker 1: Sure that was a perfect intro from Jim Wiskull in Print, with a this is the trouble I have to deal with it. So I'm a writer and the cultist. We're in a publishing company called Scarlet Imprint. Otherwise I am absent online apart from a sub stack the my normal published writing. Yeah, and it's just a pleasure to meet this white selection of crazy.
Speaker 14: He's also a mountain biker, only does lots of other things too.
Speaker 11: He's not just.
Speaker 4: That was that was so cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was just thinking, I hope one day I have somebody do that for me like that was that was really sweet.
Speaker 15: Well, there's something interesting is that your life is your great work in a way, So you know, all the components that go into Peter's life obviously support him as a magician.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The physical practice is a very important part of what I do so well. Although it's you know, kind of one of those one of those fun things what people do outside of magic, it's not really an outside of magion.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's still part of the flow.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I had mentioned that recently with Sabrina when we were talking about like kind of being you know into I guess working out or whatever, being being trying to stay and fit while you're doing this stuff. And I had even wondered like some like for me working out. At some point I realized, like when I'm doing my stuff. I'm really not paying attention. I'm almost in a flow state kind of to an extent. And I wonder if that's uh, that's like an intriguing thing from magicians too, to start finding things to get into, you know, it's uh, I think it's a plus. I think it helps strengthen that type of practice. I don't know if that's maybe your thoughts as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't rely on between the two. Like, the body is the fundamental magical tool that we have, so prepare working with. That magical tool is important for everything. So it's very easy online for people to talk talk a lot of shit about like their magical accomplishments or how amazing they are a sex magical or whatever else, and it's like, bro, you don't even lift you know.
Speaker 8: Bro, that just literally what we were literally talking about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think Jim Ratt magic people, I think is something that's more need to get into, like for so many reasons. So I love that. And Peter, you were talking about mountain biking or I'll kiss you said that, Peter does mountain biking, Like, does that get you into a bit of that meditative flow state as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, blow states kind of critical with all the things I do. So yeah, I'm essentially hunting flow state with and with the least interference microve as possible. So I spent a lot of time living in the mountains and riding bikes, and I spent a lot of time in the ocean here. So yeah, it's a lot of time. It's a missing part of magical practice. I think even basically yoga has formed out of a lot of the men's magical practice. All the things which were which was seen as kind of developing the superpowers in the body, which was the initial impact that we had from kind of the return of Empire and the Indian approaches to yoga coming across, and they've dropped out a lot. I think people have become far too, far too in their heads about things.
Speaker 14: I don't know, because do you see much more people talking about the body now? When we started, we found that it wasn't everyone was arguing over the me news, shy of Crowley or whatever. And I think a lot of that shifted, partly through our work and partly through other people's work, but also being pushing a more body centered understanding of magic, understanding that we're working through this from this point rather than it just happens to be like the meat sack. This is a time I hate so much because the body is so incredible. My background is as a dancer before it became whatever it is I do now in Scolar imprint and which is like one hundred jobs. But I approached magic. I came into magic from a background, non magical in a way like I had, I had experience in there's some Eastern modalities like chigong and so on. But at dance, Yeah, what am.
Speaker 2: I talking about?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to say I kind of approached it from a different angle and found that everybody was stuck in their heads and arguing over peopeople's words. And the words are really the least important thing. They're really what you kind of try to drag out of the dream state or the magical state, when you're in ritual, when you're in a when you're possessed, or you're incorporating as like the word Gordon uses for possession, you know, trying to get across that barrier, bringing something out of that space that you can communicate that kind of serves as an anchor or even a kind of you know, something you bring that can allow you access and so words of that. If they're successful, they're not about showing off how clever you are or how accomplished you are. That's really like that's between you and your soul. Really, that has like a fock call to do with what we're talking about, the least interesting thing of magic.
Speaker 4: Something I want to stop full stop. I hate, I hate to keep going back.
Speaker 6: I guess this whole flow state thing, it's just just doesn't intrigue me. But you know, I was even it was even like kind of looking at it, like I was saying it to Sabrina two one. I was on the show a few days ago that, like even with David Lynch and his transcendental meditation, the way he explains it and how he says what he would get out of it, I do wonder, like, you know, like is it that flow state that like you end up like getting those ideas you know, like when.
Speaker 4: You're can you hope losing a problem when they can't hear me? Is there does that ever happen to you?
Speaker 6: Like when you're out out doing your stuff, riding your bike, doing your things, well, like ideas pop into your head that you go with.
Speaker 4: I don't think they can hear me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they can't hear you.
Speaker 4: You might have to leave and come back. This is so weird. This happened the last guest we had.
Speaker 10: Can you hear the rest of us? There, Peter? Can you hear any of us? Can you? Can you guys hear us?
Speaker 9: Doesn't sound like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you might have to drop out and come back.
Speaker 9: I can't hear you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna throw it up on the screen to make.
Speaker 10: It a well.
Speaker 16: I'm reminded of an expression that I know from Taishi, but I'm sure it's available more broadly, and certainly it's applicable more broadly. The idea that the way you do one thing is how you do everything. Yeah, like putting magic into what seems like even mundane weightlifting, or putting you know, a quality mindset into the things you do, or enabling the flow state into washing dishes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, nice, Yeah, Ethan, I complete agree.
Speaker 10: Kung fu right, kung fu?
Speaker 3: Gung fu The term actually means times all right, and so it's like you don't just have gung fu in your like wushu or Marshall practice, you have gung fu in everything you do, like washing dishes. Figuring out how to do gardening. You know, anything you do at all times through mastery is yeah, kung fu, I completely, Yeah, that's exactly, and that's magic. And that's the difference between like for some reason, the West seem to like separate things or the East integrates their embodied practice with their magical practice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know much more.
Speaker 9: We select to distinguish and separate things in the West a lot more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think of the flow state is exactly what you're getting into when you're doing your ceremonial magic. I find that with I studied I've studied Chinese martial arts for like twenty years now, and it's one of those things where I think there is no difference between my my kung fu practice and my magical practice. Obviously there's differences in.
Speaker 10: The way you go about it.
Speaker 3: But as I perform, like say hung Aar, your southern style of shoo in stuff, it's like you have an opening. You're saluting the each each corners, you know, east, south, northwest, and you're doing a certain breathing practice. Your organs are becoming alive as then you are taking on the profile and the orientation of certain animals as you go through these things. So it's a yeah, I'm continually trying to teach my student because it's like my students, because I teach during the day. I do private lessons with all sorts of martial arts, but the kung fu is the embedded are.
Speaker 10: I do teach on gar Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting is that my students, even though they don't know it, they're they're becoming warrior magicians, even though they're thinking they're just learning, you know, they're just learning martial arts.
Speaker 10: It's like, well, no, not really.
Speaker 3: I'm integrating the middle path and these different paths like into your body. You can actually help it because it's like it becomes everything you do. And then back to the taichi thing, It's like taichi is philosophy and action.
Speaker 10: It is everything.
Speaker 3: All the tai chi practice is embodied within the philosophy itself.
Speaker 2: Mostly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess now that you guys can hear me. I had wanted to ask before before you lost a connection. You know, I know we were talking about the flow state and stuff.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: I mentioned David Lynch earlier, and you know, I dig into his stuff and he would talk about transcendental meditation and he would talk about how he would go to that state and you would get ideas almost, so you know that's where you know there's I guess tapping into something. Would you say that maybe like sometimes like that would be the same thing, like when you're doing like your physical stuff, like when you're riding your bike, could you find yourself kind of like in that state and then all of a sudden the idea pops into your head and you end up going with it when you get home or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Generally a sense rather than something poking in I think. I think that what Lynch is doing is crazy. Really one of the most important things, which is crazing your feedback late between the unconscious and the conscious mind, if you want to use those terms. So he's finding something in dream and then he's bringing it out of the dream and he's developing it, and then he's going back and is continuing to build. And you see that with the work of successful magicians. So if you look at someone like Andrew Chulmley, I'm not a huge fan of his work, but what he did very effectively was he was able to create a set of feedback lips with his unconscious and build an entire entire world out of it in the way in the way that Lynch.
Speaker 7: I've got a question actually around the flow state, Peter. I love your writing so beautiful and lyrical. I was just curious what your writing process is like and how the flow state factors factors into that for you.
Speaker 8: If it does.
Speaker 1: Sure writing his Hell, it's it's a it's a completely impossible task. It has no financial reward.
Speaker 4: Everybody says that, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's obsessive, compulsive, maddening. The way my process works is I'll often get an image or or a line will come through to me, and then I'll develop from that. So very often I'll I'll you know, I work I work with, So I'll work with you know, a mask, and I'll constantly beat, jotting notes and pieces in that, and I'll have sentences and fragments and then I'll bring them all together and things will emerge from that. But my process, yeah, my process is I pursue those things which are interesting to me, and I returned to I begin with inspiration, and I return to two cortex. I returned to the original sources of everything I possibly can. I spend a lot of time, a lot of time on work, like a preposterous amount of time. And I'm I'm not I'm not the only writer that has this problem. So been writing them and writing a piece of substanct for about a month and a half now, which has probably cost me several one hundred pounds in terms of like the folks that have had to order down, how's a pointless research.
Speaker 10: Read there for substat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for substant I've read all of the biographies of Malcolm Lowry, I've read all of his novels, and about this much will actually appear in the text. Because what you find with writing is that the writers that are interesting, each word is holographic, and so the weight and the information that's behind the word, if you've done the work, is still available there as a termer for the reader to access. So so it's a constant it's a constant folding in. Sometimes my process is very easy, and I can write very fluidly and produce material pretty quickly. But generally for me, a good writing session I have I have four hours of writing in me before I'm done, Like that's that's the maximum that I can do in the single session general. And then and then I can't I generally can't get more than that out during the day. But yeah, writing it's a it's an obsessive it's an obsessive madness with the reward. The reward is the work.
Speaker 7: Well, it's beautiful to read despite the hardship that goes into it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Just a quick thing is that Alan Morey actually says that exact same thing about ideas and how to write, is that he starts with an idea and then from that idea it gets a sentence down, and then all of a sudden it starts to expand itself forward and then yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and if it doesn't, then it's not a thing. I mean, you never know when you start off. It could be a sentence, it could be a paragraph, it could be a chapter, it could be a book, it could be anything. So you know, you just have to you just have to keep writing things down.
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 1: The other critical thing is that, like when you have an idea, you have to write it down otherwise.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I pick up my phone and all of a sudden, I just yell into it and I'm like, please don't forget this is you need to remember for me?
Speaker 10: Okay, put it down.
Speaker 17: Yeah, one of the interesting things I've I've found with the occult genre is that a lot of a lot of books in the same sort of field are all referencing back to the same materials.
Speaker 12: But then there's that one author who's just referencing stuff that is completely off of the wall, and you have to look up his references just to figure out where his head is at when he's talking about these other things. We've been noticing that a lot with Crowley in seven seven seven, he's, you know, he's he's citing all this stuff and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he's got the citation that's, you know, just completely left field. Have you ever found any really interesting gems from these occult authors that you never would have found without their sort of special way of looking at the world.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all I really love about Chroole is that he has a renaissance man approach, so he assumes that the magician will be a fully rounded individual with an understanding of science literature, like at the cutting edge of the day. That the problem is when people get trapped in the idea that they simply have to read the text that Chlole read because very often you find that they're completely out of date, they're full of erroneous information, and they just trap you in a back abby because they haven't moved on. So it's I like to try and encourage people to read more widely outside of the occult. It's very common for me to find people who who have a phenomenal occult library, but they read nothing else outside of that. That that results in very very stunted human beings. The aime of magic isn't stunted human beings.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to say that's beautiful because even in Kraley, it's interesting how many people say they've read Croley and then don't realize in the beginning, Croley always gives you read all these books before you even start the path, write about anatomy, about philosophy, about the classics, and then it's like people just throw that part away and then go instantly into the to the meditation Prona Yama, and then like they try to perform ceremony. And as Croley states it, it's like you need to first understand that any of your visions or anything that you have in these states are actually hogwash and you need to think objectively about these things, write them down, understand that there they are part of your journey. But you you know, that's how we get obsession, That's how all of a sudden we go crazy and you get the wanderers lost in the desert.
Speaker 6: That is something from my own experience. I'm not knocking like I guess the whole order, just my experience. When I was in the Oto, I thought it was kind of weird how everybody just basically just like read Crowley's work and that was it. I was like, you don't read anybody else's stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was just like you got to hear somebody else's opinion or other things or I don't know. And one thing that I thought was really and myself included, I was part of this too, until, like you know, until I just started having weird magical experiences, I really didn't look at like a lot of the broader things like the physiology and other stuff that I do think is my opinion, I keep saying it.
Speaker 4: I'll have maybe you guys will be a little bit different on this.
Speaker 6: Almost anybody I've asked that's been on the show, I say, I do think Aleseter Crowley was writing about the eyeballs and the brains in certain ways, or he was pointing to it. A lot of people don't agree with me on that, but I do think physiology is possibly in his work. A lot of the Gnostic Saints are other people that he even was influenced by. If you read their stuff, they're drawing eyeballs and brains. You know, Robert Flood even Johanna's coupler and he's drawing eyeballs.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have.
Speaker 6: I do think when you start looking at people on the Renaissance, they incorporated so many different things just besides what we're just saying here now, and I feel like that has been lost, like hugely.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 6: Was there like a schism, We're all of sudden just the occult of magic was just real easy, and.
Speaker 4: They forgot about everything else.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I do think, like what you said that was a real good point that all that stuff is I kind of left out.
Speaker 1: Yep, because of our education. Sorry, so education has collapsed, so people are starting from a much lower base. When you look at Chroley, he was like an Oxbridge graduate. It was you know, he was genius level. But the problem with Crowley is as a result of him being at a genius level and producing this materialist it's it's very likely that if you're in a structure like Oto and you will simply attempt to reproduce what it meant to be Chrow and you end up with a lot of people who are lesser versions of that obviously are not you know, I'm not throwing shade at the entire It's one of one of the gaps that people fall into is they end up trying to replicate the master and we're no longer there, Like, we're in a completely different world, and we have such a breadth of information which is available to us and the ability to to to read an access book. So let's let's even just look at magic. So when I started studying magic, the Internet wasn't really a thing, Like, it wasn't functioning. So that the way that you've got books on magic was you went into suspicious second hand bookshops and you asked to look at the books that were hidden behind the shelf and see if they'd hand them to you, and you bought stuff widely around them because you were unable to get hold of the specific text you were looking for. So you ended up with quite an eclectic reading. You know, you couldn't go, I'm just going to read Crowley, you go, they have an expense paperback in there's nothing else. Well, I'll read some Muspensky. They have some Gurje, I'll read some Gerjeff. You know, you know I have to read some Funfortune. I mean, yeah, so you ended up you ended up getting this this kind of this are broad discover the kind of like introduction to it. And also because you didn't have such access to the material, it meant that you would work with an individual book for longer. And you know, perhaps the best exponent for that would be would be Jake Strand and Kent and the way that he spent you know, decade decades just working with various bats of the true grimoire. There's bits of Grimory and Viren, and because of the limitations that have been imposed upon him, he was able to gain a lot more from the text than someone who was simply going this week kind of a veteran, a Buddhist this week kind of practitioner.
Speaker 14: All the grim was and obsessively, I mean, there is use in that it's just when you're working, it really helps to be so focused on the thing you're doing, not like just collect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're saying, is magic's not just Pokemon cards. You're not just gotta gotta catch them all.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find that story Brenning. Sorry, Peter.
Speaker 5: I just I found that point very profound because I've heard you, Peter speak on like the creation of books as sort of like an art practice, and you know, it's a physicality. It's physical media. It's in the rawhou in the dragon, it's not in the kettoo, in the digital or in the subtle, And so I think it's profound in the sense that in my experience, like I'm I'm a Vagoriana Buddhist. I don't think you knew that and when you said it, but as a ton Trick, I just feel like that is the true sort of axis of sodna, is to like really focus on the one mandola that you're doing and not be tempted by all the other empowerments practices. But I also like to, as you mentioned earlier, like keep your mind open, like read left hand path text, read your text on Lucifer, read the works on Babylon, because it's very similar. I'm not saying it's the same, but there is there is a similar current. I think that all of the magic quote unquote, the whole canon touches on at least a little bit. So I had actually an interesting I hope it's interesting, a follow up to something we discussed earlier, which was the mountain So in the Lucifer practice book, you refer to sort of the Northwest Semitic, but you also refer to other kinds of regional ideas in the North in that sort of area of the mountain gods or of the mountain god maybe I don't know, you can or the mountain angel.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a better way to say it.
Speaker 5: So I just I want I wanted to know, like, how do you sort of identify Lucifer living in the UK. If you do, do you see him as sort of a mountain god or apotheosis of like mountain This is a very interesting idea.
Speaker 2: In contra It's like the is the sort of worldly.
Speaker 5: Bi ravar or the worldly king can then raise himself up to become the pinnacle of the mountain of the Mandola. So I wonder if you see Lucifer in a similar way like a sort of impulse, as Gordon said, but I would call it a current myself, but a sort of like a rising force two that can like appear on the carnal ground. I know that's not your language, but and then arise to the sort of higher than heaven.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could.
Speaker 1: Say sure, And I gave I gave a lecture this year culture which Culture Sue, which will answer this question more broadly talking about Highwai orientate my work in the land. One thing I did when I wrote Practice was although it's a personal book, I didn't want to I didn't want to overdetermine for people and bring into much of my own personal experience. I wanted to keep it open. So locating Lucifer in England is quite easy for me, firstly because this Practice shows the real explosion and the modern form of Lisa that we have emerged, firstly in sixteen sixty seven of the publication of Paradise Lost, and then with the actions of the French Revolution in seventeen eighty nine, and the modern form of Lucifer coming forth from these influences, which then informed the English line of prophecy in the Romantic poets. So the Romantic poets continued the process that you find in the Bible, but they were writing from the other side of it. So Shelley in particular, but also Byron Blake, all of them had had their inputs in it, and they were they were dealing with in England that they were seeing as the new seat of prophecy. So they were they were transposing the Biblical landscape onto the English landscape. You see that with and and did those feet Blake's poem Jerusalem where he asks and did those feed nation time on England's mountains green. So he's he's taking the Biblical jurissm and he's translocating it into England, and he's turning England into the place where the new revelation will appear. And so the question I asked after that in my oculture talk as well, if Jerusalem can be transposed to England, then so too can the shadow of Jerusalem. So the other side of it, the Luciferian side of it, can also be found in the English landscape. And the fallen angels, and the fallen angels when you see them in the in the Biblical in the Biblical lands were very much associated with the with the Bronze agents Stone Age monuments, so the Dolmen in particular, the houses of the spirits, the houses of the ancient and mighty dead. So where I live in Cornwall is a giant bronze and stone Age graveyard. I mean it's it's the number of tombs and structures and suffness we have here standing stone circles is off the charts. So we live in a we live in a place which has been associated with the fallen angels. There's the people try to tell new stories about a land whose stories have been forgotten. So the very earliest, the very earliest people who lived here that in the in the in the Stone Age, we don't know their stories, but we have there, we have their homes, we have them and we have them for mountaintops. So there's there's a whole very sacred part of Cornwall called Belarium that I've written about before, which is mainly made up of granite. And because it's made up grante, which is a very hard walk, it means that a lot of these monuments have survived. So it's possible for me to work in the landscape on mountains with the with the homes and the beings of the mighty dead in the currents of the earth. So my lucifer work is transploted into the landscape line.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm. That's fascinating. I have a question, so does that do you have the idea?
Speaker 3: So the idea of Lucifer, you know, and especially in Milton, being the fallen one, but also being synonymous with the snake, and as.
Speaker 10: That idea of begiving.
Speaker 3: Eve the apple and that self awakening, so it doesn't have to be the idea of giving Eve the apple and that means she, you know, passed in along and the whole exoteric variation of the Bible and that kind of thing. It comes to me that Lucifer's technology kind of idea that it gave us self consciousness, It gave us the ability to see good and evil and become gods ourselves. And so is that one of those things where your understanding of that Luciferic current, especially in the place they are in, gives you the ability to then tap into the currents of the land so you can remember this style of mythology and then put it into your work and then give it to the masses. And that's the idea of Prometheus grabbing the fire from the gods and bringing it to the people, and that Promethean Luciferian interconnection comparison.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And the reason I kept things as open as I did in practice is because America is very much to child of England. So I don't know all of the heritages, but many of you will have come from England. You are our future, like translocated into America, and you have that task trying to work out where this goes. You know where it goes for you, what it means, what it means in your disputed landscape, how you how you reclaim and work with that, and those are those are those are questions for individual magicians in an individual basis. So I've already had people writing to me saying, oh, so I got this practice. And the first thing I did was I went to Serpent Mound and read a certain mound, because that's there, that's their sacred landscape that they're trying to understand, and they're trying to understand these stories through because we're in a constant process of these things being written and overwritten and changed and rechanged. And it isn't a question of like going, oh my god, everything's cultural approciate appropriation. We can't say we can't do anything as moderns, we can't do anything because we are we are white. Now, this is bullshit. The important thing is that that people take these general principles and they apply them to the place that they're in, and they apply them to the culture that they're and then they continue to transform them.
Speaker 2: And it gives you.
Speaker 14: A mythic access to landscapes whose people have gone and that we have. Like in England, the Romans already killed all the Druids. We have no continuity with our own pagan traditions. So because the Bible then later overwrote everything, and so the stones here, though there's the sacred landscape here, are associated with the devil or fairies or giants, and there's this parallel then between that and the fallen angels and the world in the Bible, the giants and the nef lem and so on. So you're able to transpose that and use that mythically to access what's hidden in the landscape here, and to also like not to deny the Christian heritage we have, because it's a very important part of the West and Cold as well, but to go beyond that, to go further, to take it further, because I think that that the Anglican Church is meaningless now, it doesn't have any values at all. So and especially like I don't think I don't think Christianity is bad. My background is Catholic, my parents and family or Catholic. But to go beyond that, I don't think we are in opposition to this. I think that it's just that Lucifer is something being born. It's a new revelation, it's something coming through it. It's not the devil from the Bible, and practice talks a little about this. It's more as though what comes out it's not just the bad, but like everything that was suppressed all of all of the history, and so we can find a way into that and find a We are navigating a different world. I mean, it's a very different world from the Christian world. It's a very different world from Crowley's world even a hundred years ago. So we're looking towards the future. We're not like thinking about like twenty years ago, ten years. Things are going to change so much in the coming decades, very quickly because of Ai and all the other changes happening in the world. So it's really that Lucifer offers a way to think consciously about how we use technology, for instance, how we ethically approach what we do. Lucifer is a current which like puts our consciousness into this position where or if we're going to take if we are going to be as magicians conscious about what we do in the world and what the world is in our relation to it. There is a sort of a moral or an ethical thing that goes with that as well, like an obligation to rethink how we are in relation to everyone and everything, all the other being and spirit.
Speaker 5: I'm going to follow that up just because I I apologize. I think that's incredibly interesting and beautifully said, simply because this is something that we talk a lot about in our group show, which is called The Gray Lodge, which Matt and I obviously our co.
Speaker 2: Host line.
Speaker 5: The geoontological relationality and sort of looking at these karmic connections with each other but also with the landscape on which we arise. Rather than saying it's specifically racial, and I think this goes very much to what Peter is saying. He's saying, like, yeah, I agree, cultural appropriation is bullshit, because you where you arise in your consciousness matters a lot more than the bio essentiality in my opinion.
Speaker 2: So and I think.
Speaker 5: That even where you're born, because a lot of Americans, like I live in Canada, but I've lived all over the US and Canada, So for me, where you're born might determine something, but it's where you really come into your more fullness as a magician, like where are you first having stuff out experiences or magical experiences or mar Comwa journey experiences or experiencing the tikinis, Like I know you said that you dance, So I just thought, well, that's so interesting obviously being and then also I want to sort of ask about the post Christian landscape because I think this is really interesting, and I think this touches a lot on my own work and then our group work of aon of the Daughter, because I've always said it's cosynchronous. I agree with fred or a child that is cosynchronous with the aon of the sun, so there's no true tension between them. But it's also looking at like a progressive not necessarily political, and maybe not political at all, but it's looking at a progressive view of American I'm using American magic, but maybe magic just in Toto. So if you want to respond to that, like how do you see the ten? I mean, I think you spoke on it. But the tensions of the sort of reactionary magical community that would say, oh, we hate Christianity because it is we have daddy issues or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Like I was born Catholic, I have no problem with Christianity myself. I'm not going to be Christian, but that's, you know, my choice. And so I just think that there is a tension, but I think it's easily resolved for me in practice, in practice of kabbala. So Kabala for me has sort of reunified my whole orientation, maybe my whole view to magic in saying that, yeah, okay, maybe if you want to call it Hasham, you want to call it God, you want to call it Jesus, like all these different ways to map it on the tree. That's fine. It's all reconcilable if you understand. If you're you know, high a q enough And so I just find like what you're saying very important and very aonic and very beautiful. So I don't know if there's a question in there, but if You're welcome to respond or not in any way that you want.
Speaker 1: Sure. I think one of the problems is the or the like broadly left hand path apprightes have been have been all positional, and my my feeling with these is that that if so if you're Christian, then you're you're coming out of Christianity, then you can perform a single black mass. But if you spend your time repeating that transcrission over and over again, you're just trapping yourself in another silly game. And I think that's what's happened very much in America because of the influence of sort of lavein Satanism. It's been it's been a very it's been a very reactionary, fucking you mum and dad, like you know, sticking your fingers up at the establishment kind of like approach, and ultimately it's childish. It doesn't get you very far. Like as an initial reaction, I'm not going to throw it, you know, I'm not. I'm not going to throw it away. And I think people can gain something from that that that initial tension. But there's there's a more sure had our way to approach this, and I've been really gratified to find. I've got I've got quite a few Christian readers of my list for material and quite a few recover in Christian readers of my list for material, because it shows them a Bible that they haven't necessarily read when they were in their in their small, in their small world churches, like they hadn't really understood the world and the text was being described. Now we're in a kind of weird position because in England, in England, we don't have Christianity anymore like we are we are, We're in a stage where the church is completely collapsed, like it's people do not go to church here, and I'm not sure whether Americans can understand us, like it's such a minority pursuit. There's a there's a new rise in Christianity, like there's a there's a street Christianity which is coming up now at the moment, but whether I doubt that will get beyond a very small phase here people people have just gone past that, whereas in America things are quite different. So I'm seeing a lot of chatter on pagan and occult forums when when you know when not for forums, but like substack notes and things with people talking about the rise for Christian nationalism and the threats that Christianity posts in America. And I don't really know how to interpret that because I'm not on the ground. It's very difficult for me to understand understand what the reality of that looks like to people. And I know that that's going to be very different from if you're if you're living on the West Coast or if you're living in the Bible Belt. I mean, these are going to be very very different places in terms of how you how you interact with your with your fellow fellow Americans who hoping to Christians. But I think that the stronger position that I'm trying to advance in practice is is we're we're post Christian and not anti Christian. And I think if we can, if we can get that message across the people, they can move through Christianity to a more constructive position, then we can probably find common ground with a lot of these people and not simply try to reassure ourselves of our own our own identities by defining ourselves in or position to you know, allowing us or allowing us to be defined, or allowing us or trapping us in that kind of silliness where where we end up like the Satanic temple, you know, thinking it's hilarious to call abortion human sacrifice, and then and then wonder why it blows up for people who are running magic shops in quiet parts of America.
Speaker 14: I think it's so important. Sorry to interrupt in no GM wanted to say something, but no, it just went sorry, going on, It's going to add something, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh please please, I mean everything. It's like amazingly general conversation. Just one of our co hosts from the Gray Lodge. He was supposed to be on. He had a family thing come up, so I just he has a really great question, and I think Peter kind of touched on it, but we'll, like, let's see, I'll read his question and then either of you can address it. You address the need to liberate your practice from the eschatological confines of Christian myth, but nonetheless include references to the day of judgment in your curses. For example, this points to a lingering tension at this point in your life. Do you view this as a stumbling block or as a generative source of creativity and play.
Speaker 1: So we've been handed an apocalyptic script by Christianity, that tends to cascade through things, and I think it's very dangerous and one of the reasons that I spend a lot of time looking at like Revelation, for example, as a text beginning in the Red Goddess, but as a mature going through my entire corpus is because I think that we can take that apart. I think we can prevent using it in a negative way to track us in a way that at least outcomes which ends up faith happens, which end up end with the destruction of humanity, with born again Christians having control of the nuclear bomb, having control of with the Collins Elite, if that's a group of UFO disclosure and the way that we interact with with UAP. I think there are smart ways that we can undo it. But we're all living in our personal apocalypses as well. I mean, we're all we're all purtling towards death. So so that that's something that you know, this is something that we have to confront as well as a chartist say that I think I think that the apocalypse can be used to think through that. The death meditation, I think is one of one of the critical parts of that of that practice.
Speaker 2: In a lot of ways. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 12: It's like the fear of death has led these you know, these three forces against each other and opposition. You've got Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, and it's all sort of predicated on the individual's fear of what's to come after. And really, if consciousness can go into the body, then consciousness can.
Speaker 2: Go out of the body. So what are we talking about here?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 12: Right, So are we basing all of these political conflicts off of these stories or have we been co opted by these stories about maybe imposing a little fear of death into people and created much more death and destruction.
Speaker 3: Well, they say that the fear of death is actually important, is that if we can fear, we have to have a little fear of the unknown so we can understand how to then walk into it without the fear, because we can't be a hero without first understanding the fear that we have of that darkness.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 10: It's the idea of the busheeto.
Speaker 3: Code, where you wake up every morning and say today is the day to die, and you walk into the world knowing that I will die today. And even if that's a symbolic understanding of what death means to us, or if it's that I'm going to protect my master, or my wife or my family from these unknown aspects of things, I need to have a little fear.
Speaker 10: It's like every time I.
Speaker 3: Go on stage, not that I go on stage that much anymore, or do we do a live stream or you're going out there and giving a talk or whatever it is, you have that little inkling of fear, and it's like that leads to courage, and then that courage leads us to becoming superhuman in our own way.
Speaker 10: That's how That's how I like to.
Speaker 3: But I do agree that that they want us to be they the days want us to be, and not those kind of days, but the day wants.
Speaker 10: Us to be afraid of death.
Speaker 3: And if it's easier to create than the Brian Johnson's of the World, right, that character who's trying to defy death, which is on sensical, and then he wants to live stream his fucking stupid psychedelic journeys when technically all he needs to do is shut the lights off, take a candle, they take a heroic dose and throw on lateralis and then all of a sudden you have this internal feeling of what the true expansiveness of going into the mystery school and coming out alive is, and then we can truly be alive.
Speaker 10: That's my soapbox.
Speaker 11: That's one thing that we were talking about even before starting the recording here was that in Brazil there is a lot of openness to a lot of these topics that we were talking about, like the esoter sayism or even what you guys were saying about the post Christian because what happened here is you have all the Catholics from Portugal and you know, the all the europearent places, but especially Portugal. They had the Africans coming with all their heritage and the natives here and we kind of just mixed up everything and we had to make sense of it. So in the end we have people that would you know, get all the let's say, the African and the native practices, kind of meshed them, syncretize them, but then add like Jesus in the middle as well, you know, somehow there's some saints and Jesus there as well, or the guys like something that actually started back in France with Kardak so like his pirtism that they didn't got extremely popular there, like in Europe in general, but in Brazil it kind of like exploded and then a lot of other things out of it afterwards as well, because again he kind of got Christianity, he understood it, he went to the East to learn more, and then it's like, oh wait a second, yeah, people reincarnade and stuff. Yeah cool, Okay, there's not like just this thing where you wait forever until their return and one. So he kind of like updated the knowledge and then people, wow, okay, cool, this is more like it. But he still uses the Bible and whatever whatever, So it's kind of like what you're talking about, this kind of posts uh Christianity. And another thing that was in my mind was again this idea of okay, there's going to be an apocalypse, everything's going to end, and so one and well, by incidence, right, you have twenty two chapters and twenty two major account and a lot of the chapters are basically the twenty two are kind of being like displayed.
Speaker 10: But that's for another thing.
Speaker 11: And what you have there is, Okay, everything is gonna end, and sure it is that era because the cycles continue. That era that they're talking about is gonna end eventually, and then a new one comes up that's like the anti Christ, that the one that's gonna end the previous Desiah or whatever, and then everyone comes up and it goes again and again and again and again. But if you don't see it like that, like you guys are saying, it becomes just this fearful experience where.
Speaker 10: You cannot know, you don't know what to do.
Speaker 11: And then you have people that can capitalize on that, which they do a lot of times, like you have guys saying, oh, tomorrow is gonna be the day's day, and then everybody sells their shitping goes live with them and build an arc and whatever. Like people still do this to this day, like it's all the other day on Twitter or whatever. So again, it's just this myth that gets created. And like you guys were saying as well before, like if you don't get hold of that, then you're just living the myth of some people that lived in the desert two thousand years ago, and you're still living that. But you're like out of there, you know, you are somewhere in America, somewhere in Japan, whatever, and you're still living that story. Like it's it's over come on create your own you know. And I guess writing is the in reading books like consuming and creating, it's it's the excellent skill for that because you have to know how to create the story and to put it out there.
Speaker 10: So that's pretty nice.
Speaker 12: Time.
Speaker 14: Yes, Can I just say something I wanted to say? Like Matt, I totally agree like that, you can't rationalize the spirit world. Any people that like have Jesus and Babylon both in their lives. It's not our job as humans to rationalize the spirit world. It's all there, you know, Jesus is real for many people. For me, I never felt that connection. I was always oriented toward the feminine and unfortunately, as a child married ever made her you know, epiphany to me, so I ended up going the other way. But yeah, you can't rationalize the spirit world. It's it's all real, as I think, who was it that said that recently on one UAP thing like demons angels. Everything's out there and what you encounter will be largely because of where your consciousness is, how your consciousness is oriented in a particular moment in our incarnation. So the consciousness is not limited, but our incarnation is limited. I also wanted to mention something when Brandon was talking about fear was very good. I totally agree about that. Fear is really important. Everything Peter does turn to flow state. For me, it puts me in a fear state, you know. He I couldn't ride a bike until I met Peter and then he like two weeks after trying to teach me how to write, took me to the Alps and sent me down a black and it was like it was just basically, if you fall off, you'll die, So don't fall off, just let wrong. That was my fear slash flow state, and it's been a huge part of everything I do, the same as like going in this scene. For me, that's like.
Speaker 1: Scary, and for Peter it's the.
Speaker 14: Ocean is his sort of his world, the ocean created him. For me, I have to the smallest thing just because of my physiology. I can't cope with it. And there's a spirit I've had a long ongoing relationship with, but it's really comes to that the nature of that relationship is a series of nightmares essentially, in which I have to confront intensely frightening death kind of experiences and the Spirit will keep giving me these and I recognize the signature in it, and they're like they're particular watery signature that I recognize this spirit by that. This is that the whole dream experience itself is me being immersed in the world that the Spirit has given me for the dream. And they're always to do with confronting fear, and so there has been several sort of nightmare initiations, let's say, where I have to keep going through it until I'm able to confront that fear, and then everything just transforms. In that moment when I can steady myself and become lucid in the dream and recognize what it is, then everything changes. And the other thing I wanted to say, getting back to what Jin and I think Nick was saying about eschatology and end times and relationship of this too. I'm very interested in the approach that DH Lawrence took in his book Apocalypse to Revelation, which is interesting to parallel with Crowley's which is kind of a similar time. And he looked at it and he said that it's the woman holding the cup that walks out of revelation. The one interesting thing, you know, the life that goes beyond that. It's the woman holding the cup Babylon. So Croley's Babylon is one aspect of that divine, suppressed, demonized feminine, sacred feminine, and it's our feminine the West, which is where I see that parallel with the like Graderaiana tradition, that that's demonic, but it's not demonic, because it's actually our way through our history, our way through our karma, is to confront who she is, which is what this sort of work of excavation that Peter and I have done with Babylon since the Red Goddess and through the essays collected in the Brazen Berselon and various talks and things we've given. And there's a different eschatology with Babylon if you take it back to her origins in the Near and Middle East and the earliest rising of this figure with inanna Ishta, she returns from her underworld journey. She is the first born of the dead in recorded history. It's not Jesus that come back in Dubaya's death, it's actually an ana Ishtar. And she's both a woman and a goddess. She's the priester, she's the new gig. She's the taboo woman or the sacred woman. And this return from the underworld is more like the female erotic. There's like an erotic feminine way of seeing aspatology, which is countless cycles, as you said, cyclic time rather than linear time that just ends and we've fall off the cliff. It's like, yeah, the body dies, but the spirit goes on and things just keep you. We are recycled. Like I see our matters as absolutely sacred and intertwined with spirit. There is no difference. But we're just particles. The water that makes our body was born out of stars which died billions of years ago. We are stars. We are made of this stuff. This is our consciousness. Water is one unified field that light and beauty and spirit. It exists and travels through and speaks to us through. So following Babylon out of revelation is one way to get beyond that. You know that the climactic, you know, cut off of the sort of the male sexual response that is sort of like has been written into the and anyway, I think male sexuality is completely misunderstood. But I think that this idea that things just end is so linear, and I think the feminine brings back this sense that we just go round, the cycle goes again, our bodies are reconfigured as other things. You know, I'm no longer frightened of dying because it's just the body that ends. And my energy is already more than my body can bear. So I do when I come back next time, I will be hench or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: I lived, but I'm still not strong enough for what I have to do in the world. And yeah, I totally know that things keep going. But just there were so many interesting points you made. I just wanted to touch each of those that you had said. Thank you.
Speaker 5: That was really beautiful. Sorry, I know I said I was going to be quiet for a little while. Just I have to follow up with something.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 5: I think it's really profound because when I spoke to Gregory Peters with Soral, the other brother who wrote in the question, we talked a little bit about the etymology of the word tntra, and a lot of Western practitioners aren't super familiar. They're more like they know ton tata meaning like too weave beyond the stars. But if you know, because I'm a spend Buddhist, we call it tontra tontata, meaning that it is actually the goddess Tara, whose name means star. So I always thought that's so interesting because obviously anana Ishtar there is like a stellar component. We would say that she's self combusting. Now what does that exactly mean? Well, to figure that out for yourself. But I just think that's really beautiful, because yeah, we are made of stars. We are luminous and massless and infinite in our capacities. And I think that what Contred has taught me, maybe the most fundamentally, is yes, the wisdom exists as a method to get there there, and it doesn't really belong to anyone, like she doesn't belong to anyone, especially for our conception. She's postgnostic, post conceptual. She is not made of aggregates, she is not made of our perceptions. So I think very much it coincides exactly with what you said, And so I just want to follow up with an actual question. Apologize, I know kind of a neanderer. What is the relationship with Lucifer and Babylon and how would you sort of reconcile it or codify it.
Speaker 14: We just answer that question the other day.
Speaker 1: It's probably the best.
Speaker 14: It's the way I configure it in my head to try to make sense of what we've got in the tradition is that if you look at Revelation, Babylon is described as the mother of harlots and the abominations.
Speaker 1: Of the earth.
Speaker 14: The harlots are well, it's related to idolatry. Both harlow try and the idea of abominations are like idols and idolatry, and they're the sort of false religions and so on. But the harlots are also equivalent to the women who mate with the angels in the anochic literature, because they're they're exogamously, you know, having relationship with the angels and creating abominations. The abominations they create are in their floom and the giants, and so the spirit tradition that we in in the West, the demonological tradition, the giants are not the giants. The spirits are understood as the ghosts of the dead giants and levolous. So as if you think that our spirit tradition that Lucifer is the head of are like the progeny of these human these mortal women with the angelic realm.
Speaker 1: Of the heavenly rum.
Speaker 14: It means that there's something born both of the Earth, but also that they're sired by the heavens. And I see this relationship therefore with Babylon and lucifers, that they are both. You can relate both of them to the Morning Star, to Venus. And I've also spoken a lot about how give a talk about how there are a lot of astral configurations which are related and stars which are related to Babylon. So they're not limited. It's not like some clear identity. She is Venus and Lucifer is Venus. It's not that at all. It's that these currents, these energies are false.
Speaker 11: Is have.
Speaker 14: Draw from these astral configurations or beings, heavenly beings what they are, and that there's a sort of relationship they are. They are oriented towards the future. There's she's kind of the head of it. She's like the source of everything, She's the mother of these these things. But Lucifer himself is also like the the underworld, the first to die, the King and the underworld. Does this make any sense? Yea, And the underworld and the and the skies are also the same. You know that it's the other world because you have this parallel between the cosonic and the heavenly, always this relationship. But as I said earlier, I try not to rationalize too much. It's just that when you look at Revelation, this beautiful language like the Mother of Lots and abominations of the Earth kind of gives you that key to fit both Babylon and the sort of demonological tradition in a post together, in a post Qristian interpretation where we can actually take it forwards. And yeah, that's kind of how I in my head.
Speaker 5: She is the mother of the Leela. That is absolutely true. It's her illusion, her world. She decides who she wants to play, so absolutely, and so thank you so much for the answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Question question A question is have you guys read Promethea by Alan Moore.
Speaker 10: A long time ago? Nice?
Speaker 3: And the reason I bring it up is because of its almost exactly like the volume three, the last volume is exactly just everything we're talking about right now with the eschatology and Babylon and even about what's going on in culture today and where we're heading. Is that so how Ellen Moore puts it, is that Babylon sits in a Banah, right, And that's when if I remember right, and I could be wrong, as Promethea, as Sophie is climbing up the tree and being Promethea, she is witnessing she runs into John Dee and she sees everybody on the cubes, and then all of a sudden she has this experience as she interacts with Promethea, the truest cent of Promethea.
Speaker 10: And then she sees.
Speaker 3: Both Babylon and Mary as the same individual but being expressed in two different ways. And I highly recommend everyone here and everyone listening to go and read how Elan Moore poetically talks about beholding Mary as she is the virgin and then beholding Babylon as the harlot and the whore, and how we have both of those aspects within us. And then Sophie as Promethea goes up and she you know, witnesses the Father in Chokmah and goes into Cather and becomes all. But the thing about what Promethea is to do after she understands these aspects of Babylon and the Mother is that when she comes back into the material realm of our kingdom of Earth, she is to aminetize the escasion, and this looks to us as if everybody is going crazy.
Speaker 10: It's like everyone's having this epileptic event.
Speaker 3: And interesting enough, once we all go through this, and Promethea brings everybody back into this singular room telling them that singular story as we are all being birthed into a new way of existing, a lot of really violent things happen during that birth, because birth has pangs and it hurts, and so it's such an interesting thing that way we view this apocalypse or this aescacion is that we both start to understand that inner Babylonian Harlot within us, and we start to understand that inner Mary or that virgin that we're being birthed into. And so it's just all these things that keep coming into my mind as you're talking about how then Lucifer and this like this way of viewing self awareness, because for some reason for me, I don't know why, I keep having this idea of Lucifer being the beholder and the one who helps us understand the valuation between good and evil and how not only are the gods gods, but we are I think Ike Baker said it, we are. It was it Jamie Paul Lamb or somebody was talking about how we are mortal gods as well as divine gods and the same breath, and so it's the only way to be born into that is to first die and have this experience of climbing up the tree as we go through it. And then a side note was when you were talking about how Jesus is real that again, I've just been integrated, and I did take a lot of entheogenic experiences while like listening to Tool and reading Promethea at the same time and meditating on those things. But there's a scene in as Promethea is experiencing Tipareth where you get to see all the Tiporethic sun gods and then you open up into a splash page and it's Jesus on the cross, and you know, and being all like the idea of like, well, doesn't matter if he existed, it's that he is real and more real than you or I, And this is the suffering that we all feel on a daily basis. So this is kind of a fascinating, fascinating thing of like how Babylon has been so and the idea of Lucifer has been so integrated into Satanism, And I wonder about how you guys feel about that, because I think that there's so many LARPers out there and Satanists who want to intermingle this idea of what Luciferianism is and then the idea of what Lucifer is truly doing to our world, and then all.
Speaker 10: Of a sudden you get these like you.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me not to like call Jason Georgianni such a poofed, but it's the idea that he's like ruining the idea of what this Promethean fire character is supposed to truly be doing, and then telling people that philosophers shouldn't be religious and all these other things. And so it's such a very vast awkwards world that we live in where you get these Satanists like a Georgianni who doesn't truly have a practice and embodied but you can see it in his reptilian face that's like, I don't understand.
Speaker 10: And then you get a wave of individuals who are.
Speaker 3: Following him, and then people like you who are actually seeming to be doing the good work, trying to spread the good message of what it truly means to bring upon this new technology for people to integrate their you know, their currents into this divine wave.
Speaker 10: There's a question in there I watch want to know what you think about all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to say it's quite a lot of Georgiohny because I have been ear I know. I find it interesting how much information he brings together, But I don't recognize the story that he builds out the material. Yeah, so I think he's a I think he's a fascinating thinker. But like all of these tricks to figures, you just this is him very very carefully because he places information. He makes all information look as if it's at the same level. When there's some information which is patently false, and there's some information which is like you know, is more real, and he just puts it all together and he tells this fabulous stream of consciousness, super confident words dropping like genius level discourse. That's it's fun. It's fun, and I can see how it does as people, and I can see how it opens doors for people. So I quite like him at arm's length, but I don't agree conclusions. That's kind of how I am with with with Jason. But there aren't many people who've done this work is the real thing. So so when when I did practice, I like I sealed myself off from everything, so I didn't look at I didn't look at modern Lycatherians. I didn't need the satanic stuff I avoided. I didn't even really read the academic text. Like guy I always named pair facts. Now's brilliant satanic feminism.
Speaker 14: Because it covers different material.
Speaker 1: Because it covers Brian, it covers different material, has a slightly different handle. And I try not to talk talk shit or throw shade about people who are working in the field, so I can I can say positive things about about some of the modern Luthafarians, but I think that there the problem is that they're all still trying to create c cults. They're all still trying to create systems, little systems and little pyramid schemes. And here's my logo, and here's my badge, and here's mine. It's a bunch of my bunch of it's my sixth art book series. And it's like, fuck off, guys. This is like we're past that, Like we're not playing those games anymore. Like we create things, which is why you know, this evening we're sitting here talking to to all you guys with all your radically different experiences, because this is where it happens now, Like it doesn't happen in a here is my closed spooky satanic cult, Like that's that's not the thing. That's like, it's open source. There is a time for privacy, and there is there is a time for secrecy, and I'm you know, individuals.
Speaker 10: Of course, but.
Speaker 1: At the same time, there's a great opportunity for us to talk honestly amongst each other as people who've had remarkable experiences. I mean, Brandon, what you've been through with your enthogenic experiences, and I'm sure everyone here has had theogenic experiences. Now, like we've really got our hands on like the rocket fuel. We have more texts than CHRONI could have ever dreamt off. We have more powerful tools and then could dreamt off. But it's very easy for us to be divided in groups squabbling over the attention economy, talking shit about one another and trying to sell products, and can we get past that, please humans? You know, we do not need to do that anymore.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a that's a great Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love that you said that, Peter, because it's very it's very similar to something we spoke about. We were had scheduled a I g oh, call influencer. We'll call her, and she veiled and so we had a kind of round table and we talked a lot about aonic thinking and sort of the nick said, like, you know, all these guys who are the heads of the Oto or the Temple of Said or whatever it is, they're all getting old. And it's not I'm not saying it as like aspersive way. I'm just they are fading, and with them will fade the old in a way. And so in my idea, the a of the Daughter is that we are leaving the institutional frame as well as perhaps also the longhouse, which is not necessarily tied to women as a whole, but just sort of like the sort of scold culture that has arisen. I think Peter has addressed this many times that has arisen in the last like twenty years, in this way of like keeping people's consciousness. And I think that's sort of what's interesting about both Luciferianism and contemporary Setianism is that it is about breaking conceptual frameworks. And I think, like to respond to what Brandon said, like for me because I relate the sephra to the Mahavija like the ten Contra goddesses. For me, she's not fixed in any sephra. She is all the sephra. So when you encounter them in the sephra, they might take a different form or based on my or the whatever mythopoetic framework that I'm using. But I never This is the one thing where I differed from hermeticabala is that I never saw that just it's not just been off for me, Like there can be a widow.
Speaker 2: Goddess that rises at hope mode, for instance.
Speaker 5: Like there are different kind of polarities that you can understand that work in each one. It's not just you know, there are different appearance existence forms.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I apologize.
Speaker 10: And I that's jinn.
Speaker 3: I completely get your point, and I agree, especially for the idea that in every sephra, every other sephra is there.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's the idea, the one in the ten and the ten in the all type of ideas that it's not just this tun dimensional thing, but within everything is everything else. And I think what Ellen's trying to get at when he's talking about those things is that he's understanding that we need for a general audience, because he's writing this book for fucking Vertigo or some shit, is that he needs to be able to explain this modernized grimoire to a masses of individuals.
Speaker 10: So then what you want to do is you want.
Speaker 3: To use the Tree of Life as a cabinet system and then have it understood as a certain kind of archetype that is in every sufferra. So as Sophia merges with the true Promethea, that archetype, which is become that egger Gore, which was a real person in that world. She merges with that so she can then come back to the world to bring on revelation, and in doing so she walks through and then witnesses these two the Saturnian figures this, yeah, the Mary and the Harlot and at the same time, and then that is that characters in path of individuation, her own hero s's journey as she is to then go and bring upon this thing, because she has to witness every aspect as she climbs up the tree. So I'm what I'm saying is I completely I agree with with you, with you in that kind of way, because my own my girlfriend. Also she's she's a Buddhist practicing Buddhist, and so it's like her and I argue all the time, where does the Buddhist sit on the tree? Where are these things sit on the tree? And it's like it's fun to do that with a loved one or a friend, but it's like we're all just like we're just sparring intellectually. So then when we bring it to the masses, we have a better way of trying to It's like how when I teach martial arts, it's every person I am talking to has their own bodily mental mind experience in things, and so how I teach one person hungar or when chun or tai chi is not, then how I'm going to do it to the other person, even though I still have these set systems that I'm trying to express and pull out of each individual's bodily experience in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And just to respond quickly, Brandon, is that I always say, like, just like David ham Smith, I know he gets brought up like every episode that I'm on and apologize. But you approach the tree non dually with body cheetah framework and from the middle path and like it will unfold like in the part as system, you know, like the five. That's why the five as well. So I think I agree that it's all reconcilable. But I also agree with what was said before, like you don't want to rationalize everything. Maybe that's just for like your autistic cabalistic practice like me, like in private, but I don't need to necessarily relate that to everyone, which I think alo speaks to what Peter and Als said about, you know, teaching people the inner outer in secret and how Alan Moore kind of blends, which is a very contract conceptualization of blending outer inner outer and secret teachings and calling them maybe even different things like saying this is a secret teaching, but it's actually an outer teaching, but you're presenting it as a secret mystery. So I mean, I'm very familiar with the chaos magicians. They love to do this. It is what it is. Even Crowley does it a little.
Speaker 3: So Alan Moore is not a chaos magician and he hates Grant Morrison just for that.
Speaker 10: I just want to make that very known.
Speaker 5: I think that he probably borrows some ideas.
Speaker 7: How can we not yeah, and bring back books for a second, as I know we're supposed to kind of wind down in just a minute, like speaking of that difference between the secret cults doing their secret cult stuff and then on the other end, like the total open source. I wanted to ask our lovely folks from Scarlett Imprint, like, what was your intention behind starting the press and did you think that it was going to go along as long as it has and be so impactful. And one of the things I really love about how you guys run that is there's so many different ways to obtain the books, whereas we see a lot of occult publishers where they only will release like I don't know, fifty editions bound in nice goat with the embossing and like, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that stuff, but I really really appreciate that you guys also make the digital editions like super super affordable for people in the paperbacks as unlimited editions. And I'm just curious about like that kind of original spark of creating that press, publishing your own work and also publishing incredibly interesting other voices. And if you could just speak to that a bit, I think everyone probably really loved to hear about that.
Speaker 14: You stop.
Speaker 1: So we started Skoleton Grin in an occult world, which in England was really Morgan like it was. It was it was dying. There was nothing happening, there were there were no presses. The previous generation of chaos magicians were kind of like winding down essentially, so there wasn't a great deal of energy in the scene in it. And I wanted to I wanted with the first edition of The Red Goddess, I wanted to produce a magical, talismanic book would go out to the world and change everything. And and we we quickly.
Speaker 14: We didn't really produce one hundred and fifty six because we could have thought, but also we really didn't think.
Speaker 1: That there would be any interest.
Speaker 14: So we like wrote we had a few people on Peter's like what was it live journal contact list from live journal days, and like wrote to them individually and said, we're doing this. And I think there was some like online forum you opened it on.
Speaker 8: It was like so small.
Speaker 14: It took ages to sell these one hundred and fifty copies and then you just well, howling has happened because the flat got filled with spirits. It was very strange, and we did a divination and it had to do with the Gosha of Solomon. So we kind of went down that route and produced howlings out of that, out of the sort of like, okay, what's in these.
Speaker 1: There's something there? What are people doing with people? So like I knew a lot of well I knew enough contemporary pas editions to say, well, magic, like where are the people who are doing things? What are theitioner accounts? Not not not an academic approach, not a here's another historical approach, but to say, what are people doing out there? Let's let's share our experiences. And we're always we've always been fundamentally democratic. So although we make very nice books, it's important to us because you know, we were students too, Like we were poor too. I mean we're not rich now, but like to be able to say to people, look, you can get a paperback just here's information.
Speaker 13: Limits information that a limit it to people who have deep pockets to say, to say, we can change the world with a paperback book, and we can change the world.
Speaker 14: With a fine edition bound in leather. And the thing is a fine edition will last for hundreds of years and maybe you know, ends up somewhere and will survive cataclysms because someone's put it somewhere very safe. Paperback the last few years. Digital editions will disappear as soon as the electricity goes down. So everything, but it can have an impact in a wider It can have a digital edition or a paperback can have a print on demand because they're available through Amazon, and a lot of our books is print on demand, and so the quality is like not great, it's not bad, which is not great, but it does like it can get to more people and so have like a bigger reach and that can transform people. But also a hard back that's nicely bound might last longer, might have a longer life, might pass through several hands and find more people. And so it's about that approach that you can have books that work in different ways, that carry the material out into the world and have that different relationship with the people that they come into contact with. So it was really about making and it happened because we just grew, like we didn't think we'd carry on doing it. It just it's just kept happening. Like I'm always surprised when people by because we also do very personal stuff. We're not trying to be like everything we're trying. Yeah, books are alive exactly. We are not trying to be the best of cult publisher or any of that. We want to do something very personal, very individual, and like our own. You know what really speaks to us because there are so many publishers now doing those things for themselves, do those things. So what's interesting is too, like we're putting out The next book we'll put out is a very interesting book of poetry. It will probably be bought by two hundred people in the world maximum. This is like as far as these things go. But I find there's something extraordinary about the writer and what his work is and what he's done. So I really feel that it's necessary to put out both something like Peter Mark Adams Game of Saturn, which has had a huge impact on people, but also the very like arcane stuff which might only get to a few people. And it's it's just that it's got to be personal, and it's got to have integrity, and it's got to not be restricted in this Oh, but you can't afford the nice edition. And yeah, and like the academic books are like that too. I love so many I see so many books from brill that I wish I could afford, but it's like it's not happening. So we are really just trying to do something which is both completely independent. We're too small to be We're small enough to exist in the cracks, is what I'm saying. Well, it's like kind of witchcraft to exist in the cracks between what's meant to exist, but you're allowed to. We can just about survive and function and do this thing. And then you know, maybe it takes people. It opens up into other people's whilst in ways that we can't control and aren't interested in controlling. You know, it's down to everybody else's individual inspiration and genius to take things further.
Speaker 1: And we just love works. Yeah, because you know, as we're talking about, we're talking about a body, and so probably I can probably roll all this back together again. So the thing with the book is that it's built on the size of the body. So it's built on how big it is to fit in your hand, how far that has to be for you to read it. Like the book is, the book comes out of the body. And when we're talking also about about fear, and we're talking about the disruption of people through the online media and just the endless pressure and the bitching and the attention seeking. If you read a book, then you're regaining control of your attention span. If you have a physical book and you like you read a you read a chapter a day, then you will you will significantly REWI you're brave and the damage that you're doing to it with doom scrolling, and you start to see the world in a different way. And when the lights go off, when everything goes wrong, you've got books on your shelf. You can sing, you can read a book. You can read a book out loud to your lover, the fox like week books to each other. Incredible piece. I have never never beaten the technology.
Speaker 14: I think it's like it's like a shock. Books are like shocks. They have already reached the perfect form. It's just variations on a perfect form.
Speaker 10: Now we're just doing what.
Speaker 14: We can to do that thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I love that. As Colan said, right, the medium is the message.
Speaker 16: Thank you for.
Speaker 7: Of course. I can talk about books forever.
Speaker 5: And I just scarlet imprint is the best. I am friendly with a lot of inner traditions. People shout out Toby Chappel and the whole crew, but I have to say, for me, it's scarlet imprint. So I'm just saying that not in hopes to get you on my Showkeater, but you know.
Speaker 6: The traditions like set this out on how many authorisdes Yeah, was there anything else that you would like? You too, would like to even add before we start to wrap it up. Maybe you'd like to say something about it. I guess maybe anything really, anything you want to leave us with.
Speaker 1: Anything you just I think we're in a really good stay. I think I think we have an occult community with a whole range of powerful publishers with different voices at different price points that are making stuff available. We have online communities like this which are allowing people to have conversations in real time, which is hugely important. We've had some brilliant conferences like your Culture conference in Berlin last year was like just super just to have people and bodies in space, because people in space don't talk shit because there are consequences. So over on meet on a level and you realize what people are like, and you learn a lot more from people that way than you do anywhere else. So we're in a in a dangerous, unpredictable world. But I think as a community to practitioners. It's just wonderful to continue to share and to drive the tradition onwards.
Speaker 14: I think, Yeah, I agree. We've got apocalypse coming anyway in maybe twenty years or something. Yeah, probably, Yeah, within five years, we're on this side of the veil exactly.
Speaker 6: That was very well said. Thank you both for coming on. I thought that was a great discussion. There was a lot of great stuff said. I know we kind of veered off a little bit off of like actual topic, but I was really glad that we got you on and everybody chimed in and the way it went. Before we wrap it up, I'll let everybody I just kind of promote themselves again. We'll start over again with you sabring over in the corner.
Speaker 4: What is going on? Please let it by know where they can find your work.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you can find everything you need to know about me at Sabrinamscott dot com. I've got five books out for journals, two podcasts. Too many things going on, but it's interesting, So check it out and say hello. I love connecting with folks in the space.
Speaker 4: Thanks for letting me be here, of course, Oh, thank you for joining and Jim the Ninja. What is going on? Please?
Speaker 2: What is up?
Speaker 11: Boss?
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for allowing this metamagic to happen, because it is an incredible honor. I know I'm a little goofy today probably, but it's just famboy nerves. So I'll just we'll just say that the Tikinis are dancing in my mind. But if you want to check me out, you can check me out at wucom Reborn, w uk O and g Reborn on Twitter x or the show at Threshold Saints on both ig and Twitter, or at Threshold Saints dot substack dot com. Of course, you can find us at the Gray Lodge, which Matt Mura, of course is our webmaster, so at the True with a V plus all try baby the True Gray Lodge dot com. You can see all of our episodes and also the Threshold Saint's episodes with the members of the Gray Lodge and so shout out special shado out to Solar Exile who couldn't make it but was here in spirit, and also just.
Speaker 2: Pretty much that's it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's been an incredible couple weeks and just like this whole year, even though it's like we're transitioning not yet, but transitioning soon into the Year of the fire Horse. I think in terms of generative discussions, progressive theories of magic, and sort of aonic currents, I think that we've been hitting it. So thank you so much, Nick and everyone who made it to the panel.
Speaker 4: Of course, thank you for coming on. I appreciate it. And Brandon, please let everybody know what the final yostaf great.
Speaker 3: Thanks Nick, thank you everyone, Thank you Scarlet Imprint. It's it's so amazing to meet you. I feel so lucky and so grateful for Nick that he allows me to come on here and then meet such fantastic individuals all around here. So yeah, please everyone go over to magas and the media at my YouTube channel, subscribe, like share with your friends. We're trying to show everyone that magic is everywhere and all around us. I have all the things TikTok x Instagram. Also, if you ever and all are interested in learning the Path of the Warrior, head over to my Miraki Kung Fu instagram as well and dm me we can figure it out together. And again, thank you all for this fantastic talk.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so I always appreciate your outlook on things, so thank you and Ethan please let everybody know what's up. Well.
Speaker 9: That was so fun and the whole conversation reminded me of the idea of the breakthrough. As people go through breaks, that's the tough part and the breakthrough is the reward. So let's keep putting forth that energy. I appreciate you guys, thank you so much. And I'm easy to find online. I share tit chi as well like Brandon, and I've written several books. Again, I like to think I'm easy to find and look forward to more break breakthrough some scot Press. Thank you so much for all your insights.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 11: And Matt sir, yes, thank everyone for the conversation. Was really nice, especially Peter and was very nice. Men you guys, and yeah, you can always find me as at Met Moore nineteen. That's going to be on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, co Hi maybe some other places. There's also my website that's going to be Kabala dot com k A A b A l a h dot com. And like I said, there's the terrat little thing that I'm running, so you can find more information about that on my Twitter, pinpost or just d m me in any of these and I'll be happy to share. Thanks again, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: And Helller's John my Man, thank you.
Speaker 12: You can find me at the Headless Giant podcast at gmail dot com. If you have any crazy stories about esoteric events or paranormal events, send it to us and we'll read it out on Thursdays. And if you also want to check out the Trialogus with Ethan Indigo that's on Sunday mornings. We've been having some really good ones lately. But if you want to continue the conversation, you can find me on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 6: And before we wrap it up, Peter and Kissy, if we would like to ed anything, you know, let everybody know where they can find your stuff, your website, whatever, whatever you like to plug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just come and find us.
Speaker 1: And o the website. So co and if thank you.
Speaker 14: Good conversation.
Speaker 1: Really lovely to share share time with you guys.
Speaker 16: And.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you both.
Speaker 6: I think we had an amazing discussion here today and it really felt great afterwards, so I appreciate it and hopefully maybe in the future we'll get you on again. And thank you everybody again, who was on the show. I appreciate it and everybody in the chat. That's what's up. That's why I go live. I appreciate all the comments and everything, and that is the end of another recult rejects and until the next one.
Speaker 4: Body be well later